Speaker 1: He'll be bad. Hey everybody, welcome to Game Best Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about death Stranding two reviews, and why you might want to check that switch to before buying it on Craigslist. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Finelli on the show, which is what I brought to you by kind of Funny. I'm gonna geah, why not I read I'm gonna read this again. I love to hear from the first week. But first, Jason, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I've apparently fought to you by kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, I brought to you by kind of buddy. That's right. I didn't know I'm dead over here, man. I'm just I'm dealing with it. I was telling you I didn't fall asleep till five am for no good reason, and you were like, I was just getting up to work out. So let's bring this different energy throughout. Maybe we'll cause a video game tornado as our like high pressure and low pressure system mixes together here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big big singularity of video games here. Now I'm doing well, thank you. Shout out to Greg Miller who didn't know I worked for him, and I didn't know I worked for him.
Speaker 1: Either, but yeah, yeah, mate.
Speaker 2: Had to make some lemonade out of some lemons. Over this past weekend, was supposed to be at Magic Con in Las Vegas, and a big storm rolled through the Philly area on Thursday night and canceled my flight, so turned into a family weekend. I guess my wife could sense my my my sadness or disappointment, whatever you would call that, and kind of made it, kind of got it out of my head, you know, let me just you know, deal with it my own way. We did some family things, had two birthday parties that helped as well. I played a video game I was saying before the before the show started with my free time, actually started and finished a video game, which is which is something everyone should PLAYMO the Smiling Man, and it should be the next thing you play. It's a rudimentary game, as I said, it's a lot of just picking menu, picking choices and menus to move the conversation along using the think or review function. A lot just to go through and you know, basically figure out where you are in the story, but man, it's a good story. I would kept me guessing the entire time. And as I mentioned, the epilogue of the game, after the credits roll, there's an epilogue and you'll know you're there because the title of the game changes, no spoilers, and you play that epilogue for like it's like twenty minutes. It's just just dialogue. You don't have to do anything. There's no like piecing clues together. You're just selecting continue and the conversation continues. And then part of it is like a ten minute anime episode that you watch fully animated. Looks great, but it completely and creepily recontextualizes the entire twelve chapter story you had just seen in twenty minutes. It is wild. It's one of those things that I'm going to dwell on and think about for quite a bit. Play Emmy the Smiling Man.
Speaker 1: Please. Did you ever play the Famicom Detective Clug Club games? No?
Speaker 2: The remakes for Switch sit in the pantheon of games that I like to call purchase but never played. I bought them on sale and then they just sat there on my switch forever.
Speaker 1: This is a successor to that, so maybe it's time to check in on those Yeah, maybe it's.
Speaker 2: And there is one of the characters who I do know from those games, but not because of those games, because of her Super Smash Brothers trophies. Yumi Tachubana is your companion detective in this game, and they do reference they do reference things in those previous games that I was not obviously privy to. But it does make me want to go and find out what is going on there. Maybe it We'll add a slight bit of context to this, though, I will say from front to end end epilogue, this does stand on its own as its own story. I don't think you need that context to be able to play this, certainly stop me. So if you're thinking about it, there is a demo. You can go check it out the gameplay and see if you're okay with how the dialogue piecing together works and the different choices that you can do. But once you figure it out, you get rolling. And like I said, I finished in the weekend and it was quite good. Well, let's do the nerd debate podcast thing. Who would win in a fight? The smiling man or the quiet man? Jason, you're the expert. You tell us now the smiling man easy, right, smiling man is oh, we're allowed to curse again. I keep forgetting he's fucked up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's go all right, Well, let's explain ourselves from what we do here. This is Giant Bomb. We're a small team. We create video game stuff. We want to create a lot more stuff. We do that with your help. If you go to giant bomb dot com slash Join, you could become a member and support us and we could do more cool stuff. In fact, now that we got this all going today, Mike Minati is going to start Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch and that tonight is Mega Man, and that's an acronym for Monday or Monday evenings gaming at Mike's at night. I think that's what it is. Either way, like we're gonna be doing stuff like that, We're gonna be doing a lot more stuff along those lines, a lot more stuff along the lines what we did at Summer Gamefest. Because of your support, that's Giant Bomb dot Com slash Joint. Go there, help us out. There's also some info about other ways you could support us there on this show, however, most weekdays, I Jeff grub will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input up a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with Death Stranding two on the Beach. Reviews. Game is out soon. Reviews have popped off this morning, plenty of insights from a lot of people who have been playing the game, and it has a ninety one on Open Critic, which I know has just got to be devastating to Coachman, who wanted the game to be bad Diego. Nicholas Arguello at GameSpot gave it a seven out of ten and said Death Stranding two on the Beach is fixated on revisiting past ideas, which limits its impact to being a good but not great sequel. Giovanni Colantonio at Digital Trends gave it four stars and said even when its faith is shaken like an overloaded porter tripping down a rocky mountain, Death Stranding two still stands firm in its belief that we're all better off together no matter what comes next. And then PlayStation Universes Joe Richards gave it a nine point five and said Death Stranding two is a triumph in what it sets out to achieve. This isn't a game interested in converting willing consumers into fans. It's a game that takes bold steps in order to succeed what to succeed what came before it. If you need a proof that Hideo Kojima is still the titan of the industry that he's hailed as, this game is that proof. I was left truly speechless by the end, and I have a feeling that many others will too, I think. So, Yeah, Dan's been playing a lot of this. I started it him still very early. We'll be talking about it plenty on the bomb cast. But from what I could see, it's like, Yeah, they're like all of the good ideas in one have been boiled down to their like to like, oh, here's just the good stuff. And then and then he sort of rebuilt the game back up around those good ideas to kind of make the ideal version of death Strand and here for Death Stranding too. How exciting? How excited are you for this game? After these reviews?
Speaker 2: No based there's a post on Blue Sky from Dominic Tarrison that I think, uh, kind of boils down what I've got, what I've gathered from these reviews, and that is here's what they say.
Speaker 1: It's funny to see.
Speaker 2: Death Straining two reviews split into it changes too much, it changes too little, and even a few it doesn't change anything at all, Plus a few it changes all the right stuff from DS one, and it ruined everything I liked. The scores might not be the Kajima's liking, but it sounds like the overall opinions are the exact sort of division that he wanted. In that regard, it sounds like it's going to be a very much a Hideo Kajima game, which means it's something that when I finally have the time sometime in twenty thirty and after I play the first one, I will very much enjoy. Not surprised, not surprised that it's getting high scores. Also not surprised that the opinions within are a little divide, a little weird, a little all over the place. That is the hallmark of a Kajema game, after all, has been since Metal Gear. I remember those debates about Metal Gear Solid two going the way it did and then three going back in time. He's always done this stuff, so it sounds very much in line into what he wants to do, And frankly, it kind of makes me want to play it a little more. Wants to make me move Death Stranding one and Now two up the backlog list a little bit, just to see how Kajima weird they get. Yeah, I mean, I'm not surprised by any of this. It's exactly what I expected to hear, right down to the ninety one now ninety two according to Chad apparently Open Critic score.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's so. As always, it's worth pointing out, you know, the numbers are only so useful. I think they're pretty useful for anyone who's just trying to make a purchasing decision. But when it comes to like tracking how a game's performing on something like Open Critic, ninety one is very hard to get. Ninety two is extremely hard to get. Honestly, high eighties is ending up in the high eighties, it's like, oh wow, that's you know, almost never happens. So this is really really high review score, you know, the you know, the collective review score, and it does seem like it comes down to, hey, yeah, it's it's but they made the combat good and that's been my experience so far, where I can quickly drop everything on my back with the press of a button. I think you just hold down triangle and you drop everything, and then you just pick out your gun, which is a you know, modern military weapon that fires non lethal bullets, and you can kind of knock everyone out because if they die, you know, the void out whatever that's still part of the story of the game. Is like yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, just just shoot them and then move on. And now combat feels pretty fun. So I'm like, okay, this they kind of just dealt with the issues that anyone might have had with the first game. I feel like so far, but I'm curious to see whether I end up caring about the story. Although you know, man, I haven't met that puppet yet. As long as I get that puppet in my life, I'm gonna be very happy. Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep forgetting the different trailers that we have watched. There's the puppet, There's Higgs, the guitar man, the guitar room man. I was calling him for a little while. Uh, just a lot of weird, a lot of weird Kajima stuff. I love it, and I will I will correct. I did actually go to Open Critic. It is now in ninety with sixty conviews in. Yeah, still still nothing to shake a stick at by any means. It's uh, yeah, I mean the puppet. We need, we need. I need to know everything about this puppet. I need Death Straining three to be called puppet stranding, but just more puppet Please, uh make an ape escape, but make it puppets. I don't care whatever you need to do with this guy. To put him in every single thing that you can put him in from now on every PlayStation game. Just put him in the PlayStation studios intro for every single game that comes out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I want to start Intergalactic in twenty twenty nine and the first thing I see is that face or whatever's going on a puppet man forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I agree with that. As we've been playing like Dan's been like texting be some things that he's been experiencing because he's been playing a lot of it. And it got to one chapter that apparently was just all about puppets. But he was like confused because he thought it was like going to be a metaphor like about how like we're all controlled by strings, and then the whole thing turned out to be No, it's actually just about the puppet guy. Here's all the details about him. It's like, hell, yeah, all right, that's that's a video game. Yeah, I'm I'm into it. I think, well, I'm it's my idea of a game anyhow of like, hey, make a game about traversal and and explorate exploration and walking around and maybe building up infrastructure to make that stuff easier. Yeah, that's I like Roadcraft, I like, uh, you know, snow Runners. It's my kind of thing. Anyhow, This game is like, hey, what if we built a koj of a game around those ideas? Okay, fantastic, I'm all for it. And I think that Death Stranding too, seems to be like the ideal formulation of those ideas coming together. So hey, I'm I'm into it. I'm gonna be playing a lot more of it up. I mean, the first one did pretty well, but it feels like this one with these review scores, now that people have like an idea of what Death Straining is, that it's had years to like kind of build an audience with the original version and then the director's cut and going to different platforms, this game should pop off.
Speaker 2: Right, I would like to think so, if not solely based on what you said, then based on the names attached to it. There are some but not just in the gaming space, like Norman read Us is well known market quality. I think her name is is well known. It's just it's a there's a lot of high profile names attached to it that would give it that universal appeal. So even like a casual player who even like the Madden FIFA type might say, oh, I know Norman Reatas from The Walking Dead or Boondock, saying so that movie that I or show that I like, he's in this game. I'll try it just based on that, And if they haven't done so already, maybe Death Strening two's reviews will convince them to do so. Because as somebody put out in chat, and I'll look this up too, first one did not score that highly right.
Speaker 1: It was the lower eighties. It was like an eighty two or eighty three I think, which is not right.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. But it wasn't ninety right eighty three yes on open critics. So it's a huge gap there.
Speaker 1: Every point above that, like a three, is that much harder to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And that was two hundred reviews, so there's still some more reviews to come out. We'll see how this one shakes out. Ninety at sixty is still very impressive, but seeing ninety as an average, may you know, switch some light bulbs on it. Oh, maybe this isn't the weird outur experience that I expected it to be. Maybe this is one that I should keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I think so. I think as a chance of finding that slightly wider audience, I don't think the appeal will ever be as broad as like a metal gear solid like what that had of like something about that, just like it goes to magazine covers and when you're a kid and you just see that, you're like, well, I got whatever this is. I got to play this and then but even then it had like the name recognition of like oh I remember your meddle gear solid on nes when I was a kid and stuff like that, or metal gear. I should say, des Stranding is never going to have quite that appeal. But I think you're right with this number and just Kojub's name and all the people involved, it should break through, which was the original question. So yeah, I think I agree with you, and all right, yeah, Jay, he's gonna hate it because it's not divisive. Yeah we'll see. Yeah, yeah, you're I think you might be onto something like the early kind of like like debates, like maybe it's gonna be divisive within that ninety range. Oh, it's a great game, but here's the stuff that I like or didn't like or whatever, and those conversations could still happen. Maybe he'll get what he wants in the end. Uh all right. Nintendo prioritizing switch to dev kits for indies needing quote extra oomph says devs. This is from PJ O'Reilly at Nintendo Life. As we all know by now, the switch to has been off to a rocket of a start in terms of its hardware sales. However, with regards to its current games lineup and with a particular I on its indie offerings. There's still certainly been quite a bit of heavy lifting done by Mario Kart World in these early days and weeks. If you'd been expecting a few more switch to indie offerings at this point, though, you aren't alone, and there's at least a reason for the relative slow going in these early days. Speaking with Games Industry dot is, a bunch of indie devs have been explaining the pre launch DevKit access situation, with some getting their hands on the necessary tech ages ago, while others are still waiting. Tony go galland Yam said Galland from Aunt Orcshop, the team behind the excellent into the Restless Ruins, says slow access to DevKits is in a new thing and that on the switch to Nintendo seems to be prioritizing games that need the extra grunt, which I'm not sure what that means of, probably extra power, extra processing power. This tracks when we consider the likes of No Man's Sky, with Hello Games saying they'd been working on the switch to Port for a year when they announced the switch to version as it's a showy example of just how much better a game can be on the new console in terms of devkid availability in so quote. Now there's been a similar situation to the OG switch, which was also like Hen's Teeth for a good six to seven months after launch, said Galland the indie folks I know who have been successful in getting kids are working on games that are in need of the switch. Tow's extra ownth Citizen Sleeper two, which has gone down a treat on Switch one. They gave it a nine out of ten at this site. Is is one game that it was aiming for a Switch to launch, but according to its creator, Gareth Damien Martin, it wasn't possible. Chris Wright, founder and managing editor of Fellow Traveler, publisher of Citizen Sleeper two, stated that they still don't have dev kits, but that this is fairly normal, even if it can be irksome for some indie dev's plans. Yeah, this just sounds like, you know, maybe Nintendo has limited resources when it comes to this, whether that is actual limited dev kits, which I honestly have no idea Jason, what it takes to produce a dev kit. Do they have a ton of these things? Is it just a switch to with extra features turned on? Probably not. I really am just stupid about that, But you know, it could be that, or maybe it could be like Nintendo wants to develop a direct relationship with these people before they hand something like that over, and so they're like just slowly going through that process, which is just a limited resource of time and people at a certain point. So either way, I could see there being like a hold up there. But this is a problem that should sort itself out soon enough. Right, The Switch one quickly became the indie platform of choice. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon with the Switch too.
Speaker 2: Right, No, not at all. Once these dev kits get out into the wild where they belong, and these developers have the technology in front of them, you should see the Switch to go right back to number one in the indie scene before long. I'm surprised by kind of I didn't realize it. It took six or seven months with the first Switch. That does make sense.
Speaker 1: I would have done indie games at first, So yeah, I was also surprised by that.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that even with that delay here it may have been less ed. Now graded we're only what we're not even a month in, We're two weeks, three weeks in so I would have thought maybe it would be a little bit sooner. Maybe it still can be maybe two or three months, because Nintendo had to know that indies were huge on its platform and want to support that to keep that going. But I kind of get an indie studio like Hello Games getting access to dev kits before someone like aunt Ant Workshop, which no offense to Ant Workshop into the Restless Ruins.
Speaker 1: Apparently they gety good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, sure, it sounds like they're understanding of that too, and they're just waiting patiently for it to happen. I did want to point out that the word extra grunt and Hen's teeth made me look up Tony Gallon's country of origin and he's Scottish, so maybe, yeah, yeah, maybe Jordan can explain it to us one day. But no, this it's surprising at first, but the more you think about it, and the more you realize we're still only two weeks in the biggest studios are going to get these dev kits first. It doesn't mean that the indies aren't going to be a part of Switch to like they were at Switch one. It's just going to take a little bit longer. Patience is a virtue as they say. So I get it. It's you want to play the new indie games, right, you want to see what these indie devs can do on this new, more powerful console. But I get the frustration with not having those dead though. I will say as the last time we were on we were speaking about Koe Techmo, talking about the switch to being more powerful than they thought.
Speaker 1: This is good news too.
Speaker 2: The fact that these indie developers are that this drive to want these dev kits even after launch tells you that even those in the know are aware of what this thing can do and what they can possibly do with it, and it just will just make the entire platform stronger as a whole. So I like hearing this. It's frustrating for them. I hope they get their stuff soon, but ultimately I think it's all positive news, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. I think it's just yeah, it's about a demand in the switch to being a platform where these developed developers can thrive, and that will be waiting for them as they get their dev kits. In the meantime, if you are one of these studios that may not necessarily need the extra OOMP or the extra grunt, you can put your game out on Switch one and it'll work on switch to, and if you unlock things that could even take advantage of some of those graphical features, so you know, you still have a way onto the switch to. And honestly, for an indie game, a downloadable game in the E shop, I guess maybe not having that switch to badge that you can like paste onto the JPEG of your screench or your cover art, maybe that hurts a little bit because it's like, maybe people are looking for that and it gets more likely greases up the wheels to get them to spend more money, I suppose. But really, they're gonna see your game on their switch to. If it's appealing, they're gonna buy it for that reason. So yeah, it's not like they're being completely left out in the cold here.
Speaker 2: But also too, I think with indie developers specifically, it is well documented that the E Shop on Switch one is garbage rough and switch tows is better but not.
Speaker 1: Not quite there yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that switch to banner that you're speaking of may have more value than initially seems because it will get them front and center on the new E shop, you know what I'm saying. So if they can make the switch to editions or switch to versions, sooner they get onto the currently more efficient e shop faster. So yep, that yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Too, all right, Yeah, I'm with you on then, And that's like the kind of thing where because there's no discoverability really on the switch to or on the e Shop, and I guess there's a little bit it's a little bit improved. I actually, like early on, when I was in the hotel room waiting for us you have to start, and I had the switch, I was like making some videos and one I didn't end up posting was like, hey, they kind of improve the shop. And really the improvements are it's faster to use, which I'm sure actually does increase the amount of money people spend because if it's easier to find stuff, easier to move around there, you're just more likely to use it, which probably every minute use probably equates to so much more money spent. So yeah, great. But there's also a small discovery tool where it's like you know, Steams recommendation thing where it's like a slideshow of games that like, hey, because you played this, maybe you'll like that. The e shop has that now, And that's like the one thing that might resurface games that have fallen off the sales page or the featured page or the new page, which is a lot for a lot of these indie games. They probably are struggling to end up on any of those, you know, those surfaces for people to find, so it's like maybe they can rely on that. But in the meantime, if you do have a switch to version, you're probably much more likely to end up in all that stuff. So yeah, you're definitely right, and I don't think it's very far off. Though. Those deb kits should go out to everybody here pretty soon. Sure, all right, next story here, Nintendo's actually you know what, before we get to that, it's eleven thirty. Let's take a break. Let's go to our break. If you don't want to have this, if you want to have the ad free version, you can always go to giant bomb dot com slash join. That gets you out of this. We just go fade to black, we come right back up. But you didn't do that. So here's our ad and that's one. This episode of Giant Bomb is brought to you by GiantBomb dot com slash join join us. There become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members. It's giant bomb dot com. Slash join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars you could support us in making all the cool stuff that we make over here at giant Bomb. Once again. That's giant bomb dot Com. Slash Join become a member. Now all right, we're back. It's Game Mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb. That's Jason Finelli. Let's get back into the show. Nintendo's strict policy on MiG krts is creating a problem for second hand switch to buyers. This is also from Pja O'Reilly at Nintendo Life. As we reported last week, Nintendo has been banning switch to consoles from using online services if it finds them to be using meg carts, effectively bricking the new consoles by denying them any online access whatsoever. Nintendo has seemingly decided to come down tough on this issue for its new generations of systems, with social media and internet forums slowly coming to live with users who have been faced with an air code twenty one to twenty four forty five zero eight message. However, a potential knock on effect is that the secondhand market for switch to consoles may be becoming a bit dodgy, becoming a bit of a dodgy death round, they say, for those seeking a cheaper option on Nintendo's new hardware. As reported by Android Authority, at least one potential switch to owner has shown up online to report that their console bought at a discount was actually bricked with the same air code message. Not ideal. Piracy has been a scourge for Nintendo, particularly over the past few years, with some high profile pre release leaks with carts such as the MiG providing a route to play ripped pirated copies of games, it's perhaps inevitable that potential buyers are going to have to be extra careful going forward. In the case above, where the console was bought at a Walmart, it was an easy case of returning the console for a refund without an issue. Start getting these problems with tech bought on the likes of eBay, gum Tree or other sites, though, and forging out a secondhand switch to could end up being quite the sweat inducing prospect. I wonder like, okay, so they bought it at Walmart, maybe they someone returned it themselves to Walmart gallery package. It was like an open box discounts. That must be what happened there. Yeah, I mean, this is the kind of thing that happens when you buy secondhand, you know, buying secondhand GPUs. For the last ten years, Jason has been a roll of the dice of has this thing been used seven for the last year and a half to mind cryptocurrency, And there's a strong chance the answer to that question is yes. So when you got and get your good deal on it and the ten eighty TI back in the day, actually that was right before people were using those chpus to buying bitcoin. But you know, the example still stands. Yeah, chances are you were getting something that had been run into the ground. That doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore. And a lot of times that those that those factors were priced into the overall market. At this point though that's not happening with the switch to yet that price is going to be as high as can be because it's a hot commout of the item. Sure, they're more readily available than some consols have been, so that's helping a little bit. So like this, you know, people aren't going out there and buying a two thousand dollars switch to on eBay just to get their hands on one, and then that turns out to be break But still, no matter what, it's a frustrating thing. And as this person says, if you go to Craigslist, you go to Facebook Marketplace, there's a good chance you could get really screwed there eBay E. Basically like they go back and forth. I don't know where they're at right now, and sort of their you know, oscillation between preferring the buyer versus preferring the seller. But a lot of times they prefer the buyer. And if you just say this thing's messed up, they'll be here's all your money back, and that the seller has to pay for it. You know what do people do here, Jason? I mean, you just got to test the thing right before you buy. This may be actually where if you don't want to deal with all the hassle of buying something online, getting it finding it's broken, they have to going through some support thing. Maybe actually don't buy them for Facebook Marketplace, but doing your due diligence and turning it on, connecting online, making sure it works. It's probably your best bet. But people are gonna have to be safe or be careful here, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think due diligence is going to be the order of the day here. When it's possible, I would suggest maybe holding off on eBay unless it's a you know, still in box sort of situation, and even then you don't know if it was if they were able to crack it open with it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's.
Speaker 2: Basically if it were me. If it were me, I would go with patients for a brand new console in a big box store or from Nintendo themselves before secondhand. But I have the luxury of being able to do that. I understand if you have the luxury of being able to wait. As much as it sucks and as much as fomo is the thing, that's what I should tell you to do. That's what I'm going to tell you to do. But if you were going to go this this secondhand route, do something where you can meet with the seller directly. Stay off of eBay, stay off of those sites. Make sure when you are face to face with this person that you test everything that you want to test, you make sure it works, You make sure the charger works, and you make sure it connects to online. If you see two one two four h four five oh eight or as I've looked up to one two four dash four zero zero seven, both of them are error. This is from Nintendo's website. Error codes that indicate that the switch console you are using has been permanently banned from connecting to the internet due to a breach of the user agreements. Now, it's very vague. A breach of your user agreements may include, but is not limited to, activities such as fraudulent or unauthorized transactions or violation of the Code of Conduct. That's all it says. I don't have the time to go through the Code of Conduct right now. But if you if you see either of those codes when you turn this thing on and try to connect it to your internet, maybe through your your phone as a hotspot, just you know, quickly get out of there. You're like, no, this thing's brick doesn't work. I'm out of here. No diligence, Diligence and intelligence will win the day here for you. Just be smart about it. And because people are very good at trying to get one over on their fellow man. Just make sure you're not one of them.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. And this is not all that new either. I guess if you've been buying stuff on a Craiglist or a Facebook marketplace or whatever, you probably are a little savvy. You've dealt with stuff before. You know, always do those exchanges, and like, my, my, where are you to live? There used to be a meet up point right outside the police station, which was really fun. You used to go there and they're like, hey, we got cameras pointed at you everywhere, and we're right inside, so no problem. But like, even like the Xbox three sixty was a very common console to hack, and those eventually started getting banned from online the exact same thing. This isn't some Nintendo being weird thing. This is a common move from these companies. It goes all the way back to that, maybe even before. But I just remember it really happening with the three sixty to the point where it was very difficult to navigate buying used three sixties on a Craigslist back then. And you know, I eventually did find one, but I had to like go through and they're like Hey, we got to go in your house, connect connect this thing to the TV, turn it on and see that it works. And so yeah, the people who have done this for a while will be used to this. It's just going to be switch has a slightly different audience that maybe is a little bit more broad, and those people will have to like either learn to navigate this or do as you said, have some patients pay a little extra money, get those guarantees, get a warranty, you know, like not even like the extra store warranty, but like, you know, just be guaranteed that your warranty is gonna work for Nintendo and that you have a return policy. Like those things can be huge. When you're spending that much money, you might as well spend the extra cash and just have that coverage and have that peace of mind. Yep, for sure, all right, forget switch to game key cards full on the cart, physical releases or what people want, says publisher lost and call this from Damian McFerrin at Nintendo Life, it's fair to say that switch to game key cards haven't gone down all that well with consumers. While Japanese video game consultancy firm KIOS Incorporated insists that publishers are thinking Nintendo for the move following rising production costs of physical media. Others are less keen on them. Almost seventy percent of you said you wouldn't be buying game key card releases, and many companies within the industry have said they dislike the approach. Game key cards are Nintendo's attempt to bridge the gap between code and a box releases and traditional game cards. Basically, they're just a game code on a card so that people can put it in their system. It will work if the download everything, but then you can hand the card to someone else or sell it on the secondhand market and get some money from it. But nothing of the game is on there, and eventually people are matching twenty years from now. This won't work at all. Who knows, but yeah. Lost in Cults Ryan Brown, who has already spoken to us about the subject, has taken to social media to issue a rallying called to developers. People don't want game key card releases, so if your studio is looking to produce a physical switch to release, they should get in touch with the boutique publisher. Ryan T. Brown from Lost in Cults, says developer Slash publishers, talk to me, We'll give you full on the card, switch to physical releases. It's what people want, it's what you want, and we can make it work for you. Hit me up. Do you think there could be a really especially after this launch where we heard that some of these physical games from third parties didn't maybe do quite as well either, it will be a big rush back toward let's just bite the bullet and put as many games as we can on the full card so that we can get the benefits of people being like I want to collect these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think unfortunately, as much as I personally am okay with the game key card feature, I admittedly use it a little more because I have children, and I'm sure you would agree being able to pass the digital key card is convenient. The term game key cards kind of has this negative connotation around it at the moment, right, So you're going to get that ground swell of people as soon as as soon as the publisher says game key card, they're going to start rabble rousing and being pissed off. So yeah, I think for the moment, maybe like the next year or so, if your game's coming out the next year year and a half. Let's say you just go full card. You just put everything on the cartridge, and you bite the bullet, as you said, and you basically see where it goes from there. It is there a way to do both options right out of the gate, I don't know. I think they would prefer the one or the other approach. So then, yeah, you would have to go with the full switch to cartridge because I just don't until more people use the technology and see what it can do and see how it can benefit I think that the term kind of has this hex around it that is turning people off because, let's let's face it, most of the hardcore crowd, they're not they don't need to share their game key cards because they don't have no one to share it with. They're just on their own consoles. Their friends have their consoles with their games on them. They don't need to use this. So I think I think you're right that on the cart physical releases are the way to go, especially in the third party sector, for perhaps as as long as the next two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you know, Ryan T. Brown from Lost in Cult sort of like being hey, we're the solution. I mean obviously that's to his benefit, but I do think he's also not wrong where if you are someone that wants a physical game that is on the card, as someone who produces games, going the britique route probably is going to be the answer. Where like you talked about doing both right, maybe like the game launches on a game key card standard because that's the most affordable and logical option for a lot of these situations. And then quickly you work with a boutique outlet, whether whether it's Lost in Calt which you know, looks like they're going to do some awesome work in terms of their packaging and stuff looked really nice. You go that route will be like Okay, now here is the seventy eighty dollars version of the game with a really cool look, and it has the full game on the card, and that's something you really care about as a collector. Well, now here's the collector's edition. I just think this probably is the route, even though of course that's again to mister Brown's benefit here, I just don't think he's wrong necessarily. So you know, it is that a pain, yeah, and it is Nintendo going to put it on in their games on game key cards. No, doesn't seem like it, so and like that, will Nintendo make the slightly smaller versions of its cards available that aren't the sixty four kigabyte very expensive ones. I guess there's rumors going around that like that's sixteen dollars or something like that for a sixty four gigabyte card for each each single one that you produce, which is a lot more than the pennies it cost to produce like a Blu Ray these days. Yeah, that's that's rough stuff. So I get why publishers are like, no way, that's so much of our profit margin. But if you can sort of make it make sense, I guess it. Maybe even eighty dollars doesn't make sense for the Lost and Cult version at some point, But there are people who really want this stuff as a collector's item. I just don't think it's a big enough audience to like completely do away with game key cards. But yeah, there's an answer here, something in the middle.
Speaker 2: Somewhere in the middle, they'll figure it out. And as you said as the last bullet point on the article here, Nintendo itself has said it will not be using game Geek game key cards for any of its first party games, so if they're not, how can they? It just gives third party publishers and developers more of a argument to be like, well, if you're not using your own technology, then what the hell why don't we have to use it? And then they can go this boutique route. But then you wonder, based on our previous story about the MiGs, if if lost and Colt's not getting their cartridges from Nintendo, could the switch to then mistake the.
Speaker 1: No, they are getting it from Nintendo. It's just I think they're saying we could find a way to make it make sense, and to me, that sounds like like Boston cults physical games for people that don't know it's they look like Criterion Collection, like like they like they have really cool art and specialized boxes that aren't just like the typical plastic switch to boxes, And so they're going to be like, the way we'll make it make it make sense is we're gonna do a lot of extra effort so people don't think about the fact that they're paying extra to make up for that sixteen dollars that it cost to put this thing on a sixty four gigabyte card. Sure, sure, I think that's again, I think that's fair. Ideally, though, we get to a point where eight and sixteen gigabyte cards are readily available to third parties, So if your game is small enough, it could just go on there. And then if your game is massive, it was always going to go on a game key card, and you might as well just do it that way anyhow. True, All right, let's see, man, it's just sixty four gigabyte. The sixty four gigabyte cards being that expensive just means that we probably will go this entire generation without having one hundred and twenty eight bit cards or whatever, something big enough for like most modern games. And I've got how expensive would those be? Probably you know, forty yeah, exactly the entire price of the game. Yeah. Sega accidentally leaked six years of sales data for some of their games. Sega did it in oop see this is everywhere, but I've found this on Reddit and in this this Reddit post is now you can weaponize these numbers in irrelevant fan wars or something. All right, So Persona five Royal, that's a game that did very well, Jason. This apparently these sales do not include any of the sales for the original Persona five. In its first fiscal year, he did one point zero three million, then seven hundred thousand, this is like annual sales. Then three hundred thousand or three hundred fifty thousand, then one point eight two million. In its fourth year one point six million, and it's fifth year one point seven to five million. And it's yes, sixth year, yeah, fifth and sixth year. Yeah, So it's did a total of seven point twenty five million in sales just for Royal. Uh, that's got to be like it going to Switch and PC and stuff. I mean, I don't know, what will you say looking up I A I am?
Speaker 2: So it hit PS four worldwide March thirty first, twenty twenty. It hit Switch, PS five PC and Xbox on October twenty first, twenty twenty two. So that would explain fiscal year twenty twenty three being so absurd plus twenty four and twenty five just more ubiquity for a Persona five Royal does make sense. And yes, seven point two five million copies of Persona. People do like their Persona, don't they.
Speaker 1: It's also like, okay, this thing I had its best year in twenty twenty th or fiscal twenty twenty three, but then it did not miss much of a beat, Like it did better than it's launch year. Obviously that's just one platform versus all these other platforms. But whatever, money's money, it did better in the in the last three years than it did in that launch year. What do you need a Persona six for? Like, maybe you should just keep selling Persona five Royal for a while because it's just fine now. Obviously sales this kind of price, like all that stuff should be factored in to how much money they're actually making from all this. But I you know, at a certain point, one point eight one point seventy five million at thirty dollars versus sixty dollars whatever it is, it's still a ton of money. Sure, But yeah, you kind of see at a certain point why they are taking their time letting Persona five fully breathe, even though it's been a very long time since that game originally came out, because it's doing just fine, and that gives them time to you know, really reload with the Persona six. And then of course they had the other game last year that his name is slipping my mind.
Speaker 2: And also sort of a metaphor fantastic Thank you. It also sort of informs how in the marketing, you know, showcase and stuff like that, how Sega Atlas and Xbox have been a little more cozy. I think they expected a bump in sales when it hit those other platforms. I don't think they expected three hundred and fifty k and fiscal year twenty two to one point eight two million in fiscal year twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: So when they.
Speaker 2: Saw that and they saw you know, because you know PS five to Tendo switch, sure, but also PC and X and both Xbox consoles, that's a lot of Microsoft. They weren't counting on that must I'm assuming that that's where Phil and his and his friends were able to swoop in and be like, hey, see, this is a viable platform for you. You should come hang out with us more often. And then you see the appeal of that from there. Yeah, very impressive stuff.
Speaker 1: So it definitely behaves that way where it's like, yeah, we've had a good experience working with Xbox, We're going to keep doing that. Yeah. I don't think you're right. If recently seen that Sonic Frontiers did a total of four point five to seven million, with three point two million in its first year and now it's doing about seven twenty and six ten in the following years. Team Sonic racings at three point five million. Total War three Kingdoms, I believe is at three point two million. That's very good. It continues to like that. One's just regularly trending down, but it had a very good launch and it's been selling. It did seventy thousand last year versus two point one million in its first year. Yakuza Like a Dragon did two point eighty six million. It did four hundred and fifty thousand in its first fiscal year, then seven hundred and twenty or seve hundred twenty thousand the year after, and it's had you know, up and down depending on like whether or not a new platform is released or something like that. It did six hundred and eighty thousand and fiscal year twenty four and then three hundred and sixty thousand and fiscal year twenty five. Sonic Superstars did two point four million total. War War Hammer three did two point three. Shimagami Tense five this includes both five and Vengeance. I think yep I Switch one, Yeah, the Switch one it did two point one million, so it was nine hundred and ninety thousand, one hundred and fifty thousand, one hundred thousand, then nine hundred and sixty thousand. PERSONA three reload is at two million already, Infinite Wealth is at one point six million, and like a dragon guide in The Man who Erased his Name is at nine hundred and sixty thousand total. I you know, it's kind of like, man, I hope Infinite Wealth does better over time. I bet that game is one of these ones that as it like oh, shows up on switch to things like that, easily could see another one of those bumps of like oh, ear three actually was way better than year two or something like that. You know, we get these kinds of numbers from companies like Nintendo who are like a little bit more open with their investors. We don't see this a lot from other publishers, but like now that we now they see these numbers chasing, a lot of Sega's choices make sense to me, Like I kind of get why they do what they do, and it's like, yeah, I really appreciate having that insight. I guess I suppose what we could say is now we can kind of figure that like use that logically and in the future when a publisher does make a certain decision, probably assume that the numbers reflect that. But yeah, do you have any other insight into this?
Speaker 2: Sonic fans are just as rabid as they've ever been. Three point two million for Sonic Frontiers in that launch year. That's pretty impressive, ITCHI mon Kasiga is apparently very popular because four hundred and fifty k for Yakuza seven one point one eight million infinite Wealth in year one, So that's that's also very very cool out. Yeah, I think we'll see. I think that'll hit over two million by the time it hits switch To and any other consoles it may hit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The post said it leaked sales data for some of its games. That means some might be left out here. I find that an interesting omission from this list is Metaphor that you mentioned earlier, because that game was so critically acclaimed, although I guess technically we're only right at the end of fiscal year twenty five, so maybe they hadn't gotten that data yet or just wasn't part of the leak. But I would like to see where an original Atlass game that's not Persona fits in this list. Just riding on the pedigree of the studio that created it. But no, like I do like seeing Total War up here as well. That is a franchise that kind of sits on my periphery, just not being a PC centric guy, not being a strategy guy. I know it's always there and I always find it interesting. It's just not something that I that I normally like think about or remember.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't always think about the Total War Roman Empire. It's not what I do. But I like that it's here. I like that the fans are getting what that are getting the games that they want here too. Three point two million for Three Kingdoms and two point three million for Warhammer three. That's very impressive. You have to like like Sega kind of fits in that capcom space right right now where they're just kind of doing what they're doing. They're making the games that they want to make. If people like them, great, If not, just on to the next one. You got another Sonic Racing coming out this year, which gets more and more insane the things that they as they make announcements for it. Love that demo at Summer Games Fest. I'm sure to get a chance to play it. I thought that played really really cool, an interesting alternative for Mario Kart. Once the Mario kartt world dies down, that's going to swoop right in in September. I think that's going to fill that niche. It could be very successful. Yeah, it's it's it's good, healthy numbers that you want to see from a game developer with all the doom and gloom and ever and well, you know, deserved you know, layoffs and things like that, things that people are obviously worry about. Sometimes it's just nice to see that a company that's been around a while is selling video games.
Speaker 1: And that's what this is. Yep. Just as a comparison, a persona five Royal on Steam has about seventy thousand reviews. Metaphor Refundasio has twenty thousand reviews, you know, the estimator stuff on like Steam. dB has Metaphor around one million copies sold. The average for a person of five is around two point five to three million. This is just on Steam. So it's like, yeah, that that kind of lines up with kind of these numbers that we get leaked here and probably if you try to algorithmically figure out how well Metaphor is doing based on some of this data. You can probably piece it together a little bit. But it's like, yeah, for a game that just kind of popped up out of nowhere from att less, a new one seems like it really kind of immediately it is doing better than a lot of these other games from Sega.
Speaker 2: So we get I think, yeah, we're gonna fell in did twitch chat checking in some guy named Tolkato tolcot To, I don't know. I don't know. Two million announced for Metaphor, at least separately, which is great. Uh, and then I'm getting made fun of in chat here Magic the Gathering is Jason Finelli's Holy Roman Empire and show kid me.
Speaker 1: No that's right, Uh, all right, let's see here. Expedition thirty three actor felt like a total fraud after they became a game became a massive success. Basically, Charlie Cox is like, I went for half a day and recorded my voices. After my agent's like, hey, do you want to do vo for a game? He's like, well, I don't play games. So eventually someone told me. Someone came in to me like, hey, that game was awesome and you're great in it. He's like wait what and he said, like I felt like a total frog. Now people keep doing that and I had no idea. It's like, I, I just did a little bit of work and I'm just happy for that studio. I'm really happy to be involved. It's like, yeah, that's got to be a little weird. I don't know if I believe him. Half a day's of work so I get all that, but I don't know. I guess I don't know what that process is. Like, maybe that's true either way. I'm sure like it was just a couple of days. If it was more than that, so it probably felt like a very short experience, and then to have it to find out it had such a massive effect has to be a weird thing, right, Yeah, for sure, I would.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall the first time someone was like, oh I loved him, and have him be like wait what. I would have loved to have seen that reaction play out in real time. If it's if he was only in the studio for four hours for that amount of voice acting power to him, right, Like, that's yes, that's pretty wild and power to land Uh sand Fal, excuse me, Landfall, sand Fall, I did magic the othering again? Sandfall interactive. If they're able to make it only four hours long that process, we may need to do a deep dive into their development situation here because not only are they, you know, improving on potential VO times. And again I'm dumb to it too, so I don't know what goes into it, but like they came out with this game with their limited studio, I don't know how much the number is. I'm not going to prognosticate. But however, many people worked on this game. It came out and just floored everyone. And now they're and now we're finding out that they're really efficient with their vo What else are they doing and how can they help everyone in the game industry become more efficient?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: But back to Charlie Cox, I hope, honestly, I hope this convinces him to do more VO right, like for him to him, for him to think it was just like a one to two session, four hours whatever it was, and then have this effect on people to the point where he feels like a fraud.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like good for him, and I hope yeah. Good. And there's some zero complaints about THEO. In fact, there's just nothing but praise out there for the act exactly exactly like and apparently a skill up. Like talked to Ben starring in English and they both said quickest vo work they've ever done, as far as lines per hour recorded. So that was just a common thing and you can play that game and it's not it's not like, oh, lack of effort is apparent. No, it's not like that at all. So very cool stuff. Maybe it's just a yeah, I mean, you know, if you know what you're doing, you know we didn't need that much time. That's my motto. Uh, Mind's eyemaker reportedly facing mass layoff as players seek refunds. Yeah, there's not much more to say about this story other than like it was always a weird studio. That much money being important into a new effort. Uh to make a GTA like and then to release something that is a fraction of what GTA three even was in terms of your ability to do stuff in the world feels like mismanagement. I do think that the co CEO somewhere else. I don't know if it's here in this story, but I guess accused his developers are being lazy and incompetent, which is just a bad look. Yeah, it's worse than a bad luck. Right, that's criminal. Yeahside him with a rubber hose kind of thing like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just prior to launch Build a Rocket Boy, CEO accused naysayers of being paid bots and both the chief legal and financial officers of company.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's said something else, so he.
Speaker 2: Mocked his Oh god, oh no, let me see here if you can find that.
Speaker 1: While I kind observed, Mindzi co CEO supposedly slams devs as lazy and incompetent. This is from Game Reactors Marcus the Man is surrounding Minds Eye, one of this year's more most bizarre blah blah blah. Former employees have already described a dreadful and at times outright toxic work environment where games are developed like it's still two thousand and five and upper management refuses to listen to anyone below them, And as if that weren't enough, one of the top execs has now blamed the workers for being lazy and incompetent. The statement reportedly came from Mark Gerhard, a close ally of former Grand Theft auto producer Leslie the Benz Benzi's and co Build a Rocket Boy. It follows other report it's that the eternal internal atmosphere has sour dramatically post launch, somehow turning even more negative. This lines up with many statements found on the sites, on sites like glass Door, which people have been going through and finding a lot of interesting things being said about the studio. But yeah, that's that's the information we have here, you know, Jeffy say where that came from?
Speaker 2: You know, jeff going back to sand Fall. Maybe the secret is just people loving what they.
Speaker 1: Do, just I mean, and like you know, caring for every little detail about it so that the management does feel cohesive and well thought out and executed in a way that is humane. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe just general respect for your fellow man is what gets a great game like Kilabscure made, and not someone like this guy you said, look them up on a glass door. They probably want to throw his ass out the glass door.
Speaker 1: To finistrate his ass. That's right.
Speaker 2: They fenestraight the motherfucker, that's right. I just I cannot believe. How does I, oh, somebody brought this up and chat over here? How does io feel about all this? They gave them one third of their of there we wanted e three cringeback, so we brought it ourselves showcase the Monday night of SGF. A whole third of their show was Mine's eye. What they gotta be? Like, what we gotta be? We gotta we gotta fix our our what's what's the betting for vetting process? Thank you? We gotta make sure that these guys are on the level, because what the hell just happened over there? The the Benz had a flat tire maybe two and now all these people who went to work for him, who have been suffering enough, it sounds like, are being mercy mercy mercifully brought back into the labor force, and because is the trend, may not come back to video games because of their experience.
Speaker 1: It's depressing. Yep, yeah, we'll we'll we'll wrap up the headlines here in a second. But it's, uh, it's it's frustrating. And you know what, Leslie Benzy's it was cute the Bens the whole the Bends thing and all that stuff, but this this is it, man, you burned it. I don't want to hear it anymore. Take take all the money you got from Rockstar from either the settlement or lawsuit I can't remember, and get the fuck out. We don't. We don't need this anymore. Your game sucks that all this stuff is this sideshow clown business. Get out of here, don't. We don't. We're like, yeah, two thousand and five is right. This feels like mid two thousand's management, like dictatorial bullshit, and it's just there's no place for it anymore. There's too many cool people making too many cool games for us to give that much more oxygen to this. So I'm done with Mind's Eye. I hope the people that worked on the game can get out of there and find work, but yeah, fuck off. All right, let's let's see here new pull a question from last week, when do you think Metroid Prime four is out summer, fall or holiday? Eight percent think it's going to be out this summer, forty one percent think it's out this fall, and fifty one percent think it's out during the holiday season. Now exactly what those look like? Danny, wonder what you think those mean? I don't know, but most people are thinking later rather than sooner. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you get the first comment on the pole that said Jeff too scared to put twenty twenty six on the pole, that would acknowledge that Dan was right.
Speaker 1: Listen, we can't. We just can't, all right. I can't deal with that.
Speaker 2: I actually voted Fall because they seem to like putting out one game a month, right, and there's that September window. I don't think they have anything in September at the moment.
Speaker 1: I know it's a month on date. It's like k Kirby's Air Riders, but that's like a December game. It feels like.
Speaker 2: Sure, that feels like a December game for sure. And Pokemon's there in October, which which which is also a kind of putting like a like a roadblock into that sort of holiday lineup thing. Trying to figure out where Metroid fits. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's late August, because that's a common Metroid release place.
Speaker 1: I don't remember other.
Speaker 2: M and twenty ten came out in late August, and I think Trilogy was around that time as well, the prior year or the year after. So maybe late mid to late August. Just the school's coming back, give the kids, the kids and the teens something to do after a long day at school. Go go fight some more chosos or whatever we're going to do in Metroid Prime for but yeah, I'm thinking I'm thinking somewhere in the late August to October window, early October window, which would put it in.
Speaker 1: Full Yep, sounds good. We have a new pole question. We'll get to that here in a second. The meantime, Jason Finelli tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on, all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: I am at big Man Finelle on all social media. If there is a social media platform, I am on that is the name. Just had a preview go up right before we came on for Shadow Labyrinth, the Metroidvania slash Total lore dump for all of Bandy Namco history. It turns out there's a forty year timeline of all of their games that has been maintained by them secretly according to them, behind the scenes, that is now online. I linked to it in my preview over on GameSpot and that game. That game could be one of those like what the fuck is going on in this thing? It's full of references to their lore, Like, as I was playing this demo, there's this tribe of friendly people that the Hooded Swordsman and Puck run into. They're called the Bosconians. Which is an old Bandy Namco game. There's a reference to it. There's a reference to a potential bad guy named Emperor Gallagha. There's the Queen of the Bosconians, refers to my character as a Galaxian Puck. The name the name of the pac Man robot Puck is a reference to pac Man's original name puck Man, which was changed before it came over to America. There are enemies in the demo that look like wild out Pookahs and five Gars from dig Doug. One of the bosses was named Jen with this hockey mask on this rule splatterhouse wild stuff I could not believe. And the other boss that we fought was called g dash Host and it was this robot with a pink.
Speaker 1: Ghost attached to it. What is this game?
Speaker 2: I just it is going It's one of these games that people are gonna play it and be like, what the fuck is going on here? There were moments in this demo that I don't think I was supposed to see that, Like I did referge them in my in my in my piece that you're safe with me so far Bandai.
Speaker 1: On the show, No know, but like.
Speaker 2: Eyebrows were raised that's all I'll say. Eyebrows were raised about things that were said, and I'm so shocked, Like I thought we were just going to get like a Metroidvinia that followed up an Amazon Prime. But it turns out Ban Dynamico's just like, here's all our lore, do what you want with it, and yeah, it's fucking wild, wild, wild wild. So yeah, you can go read that on game Spot right now. Still have three Summer Games Fest promos for coming to MMRBG soon. Have been kind of behind.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I mentioned at the beginning of the show that Thursday night I missed my flight to Magic Con. It also knocked out my internet until twenty minutes before this show started. It came back. Really, it came out right. I was going to do this show on my phone, yeah, propped up right here, because I told you i'd be on it. I assumed that the Internet will be back already, and the Internet blessed me. Twenty minutes before the show started. We came back. So yeah, so I still owe those previews. There's Fallen Feathers, which spoiler alert, it's just gonna be talking about how I can kick my ass for thirty minutes. What the hell else do I owe him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, uh, sonic, No, that's how I should. Shoby Shanoby was very very cool, and the third one eludes me at the moment, but I'll remember by the time I write it. Yeah, so a lot a lot of good stuff going on there. Uh and then oh uh, I probably will go. If you're following me on social media, get ready for Disney posts.
Speaker 1: I want to get Mi Manati. Uh.
Speaker 2: Thursday night, we're going to Fort Lauderdale to visit my in laws for two days and then we're driving from Fort Lauderdale to Disney World Sunday to Thursday. Wednesday is my wife's birthday, July the second, and we will be in Magic Kingdom all day, breakfast with the princesses, Bibity Bobbity Boutique falls, and just doing the Magic Kingdom thing all day long. We're not going to the Rainforest Cafe, so maybe I won't go full Mike Manati, but uh, you know, I never right, But yeah, so that that'll be fun. So once I get back from that couple things, hopefully in the pipeline EVO is around the corner. We'll see what's happening there. And if I make it out to Vegas for that. Uh yeah, you know, just living the dream man one day at a time.
Speaker 1: It sounds fantastic. That's awesome. Looking for you having a good time at Disney. All right, new poll question? Are you gonna play Depth Stranding too? Yes or no? Whole question go up on YouTube. You go to YouTube dot com slash at Giant Bomb. You go to the post tab there you can find it. You can vote, We'll get the results. We'll talk about it on Wednesday show. Tomorrow's The BombCast. Talk about on Wednesday here on Giant Bombs. Speaking of Giant Bomb in a little bit, we have Monday Morning Missed with Mitch mala More. We're gonna do some moolah and then later tonight it's Monday Evening gaming at Mike's. At nights Mega Man returns from the Ether for the first time ever. Uh, definitely check out both those things. It'll be a lot of fun. I'll be hanging out with Mike for both. I think it.
Speaker 2: Needs a theme song, super Fighting Tocado.
Speaker 1: There it is, Mega Man. Jason Bedelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video games. Man.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it always always a pleasure. My dude, You take a nap, will you?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna try and got a bunch of shit I gotta do today. Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye. He'll be bed