Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We like to check in on what's going on in Washington today. Trump holding a rally to mark one hundred days. That's where we kick off a swamp watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits what what, I'm not going anywhere, So that now you train.
Speaker 2: The swat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 4: You know, Americans have always been going at president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 5: A political flunder is what a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 2: Whether people voting for you were not swamp watch, they're all caunonaing.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred days back in office for Trump. He's going to hold a rally today in Michigan, one of the swing states he won in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Says he's going to talk about his.
Speaker 1: Progress slowing the flow of illegal immigration, how he wants to build the greatest economy in the world. Again, he's going to, they say, address the issue of tariffs. Of course, that has been the major factor in his slide in the polling that we've seen in recent days, including this morning, he's.
Speaker 5: Upset about the polls. I don't know if you saw that as well. He put on truth Social. I don't think anybody, I don't know anybody who has truth social to be honest, but he put on truth Social that he wants an investigation into the polls. He's calling for fake polls from fake news organizations to be investigated for fraud. We told you yesterday about it's easy to find out in these polls how they're conducted and who conducts them. You just got to, i mean, click on a link usually in some of these articles. But the latest New York Times poll run by Sienna apparently also found forty two percent of job approval rating. That would have been thirty nine percent in the Washington Post survey. But a polling expert, a guy named John McLoughlin, pointed out that thirty seven percent in that New York Time survey, only thirty seven percent of them said that they voted for Trump, so it's not a giant surprise that the polling, the approval poll in those polls is so low.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he's going to investigate them, but that's the plan.
Speaker 1: It has been a wild ride to The Atlantic magazine's interview with Trump. At first Trump granted the magazine an interview, then he changed his mind, then he gave one spur of the moment. The magazine has now published a twelve thousand word piece on how Trump achieved his political comeback. It was published yesterday, twelve thousand words. Guys, you've got to be pretty in love with yourself as a journalist to publish twelve thousand words. They say that this circuitous route to the Trump interview included a middle of the night butt dial, last minute invitation for the magazine's editor in chief, Jeffrey Goldberg. It forced the magazine to halt its printing it's June issue. Goldberg was the one, by the way, counted into that signal chat, that signal app chat with the Houthis and the war plans, and he was called a loser and a sleeze ball by Trump. Well, apparently now Trump passedat down with the Atlantic now.
Speaker 2: The way it was built.
Speaker 1: At first, it was that Trump was sitting down with Jeffrey Goldberg. That is not what happened. Goldberg was in the room in the Oval office when the interview was happening, but he did not run the interview.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was Ashley Parker and Michael Shearer, apparently, two writers for The Atlantic.
Speaker 1: In the interview, the President declared that he runs the world. He talked about what's different during this second White House go around.
Speaker 2: He said, and I'm quoting here the president.
Speaker 1: The first time I had two things to do, run the country and survive. I had all these guys. And the second time, I run the country and the world. And that's the headline you'll see throughout the day. I run the country and the world. Attributed that to Trump. They talked about how he's pushed the boundaries of his presidency, signed more than one hundred and forty executive orders to unilaterally achieve his policy agenda. As you mentioned, the polling is not great. He fell his approval right into thirty nine percent, and a new one by liberal publications like you mentioned should be said. They said, Trump agreed with an observation that he's having more fun blowing up Washington with a twinkle in his eye. I'm having a lot of fun, he said, considering what I do.
Speaker 2: You know, what I do is serious stuff. He went on to say, Well, and.
Speaker 5: The fun I think is exemplified, Yeah, exemplified by this discussion about what they or not he would run for a third term. It's very clear he cannot run for a third term. That's been outlawed by the constitution. But he loves to just prick people with that, just to needle people with just to poke them in the ribs, just to get them to react. And the thing is, people's hair immediately ignites on fire when he says it, and he wins just by getting you to overreact.
Speaker 1: He weighed in on the hag Seth drama, and this was Trump's quote about Pete haig Seth.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to get it together.
Speaker 1: Of course, haig Seth has fired multiple Pentagon leakers accused of being responsible for unflattering stories about him. Those people that have been ousdd have described a month of total chaos at the Pentagon Underneath this secretary of Defense, Trump said, I had to talk with him, a positive talk, but I had to talk with him.
Speaker 5: Listen, he's taught. He the president, He's taught. He's giving these interviews. He's got an interview with ABC News, I think today with David Muir that there I'm sure going to talk all about in the evening news and use it for a couple of days. He's out there doing the things that he said that he was going to do, and people say that they don't like the speed with which he's doing it. Some of it has been a lot of the you know, move fast and break things and we'll put them back together if we need to. But his one hundred days is going to be marked with a speech tonight in Macomb County, just outside of Detroit, among other things. The White House has talked about what the remarks will involve, including consumer prices dropping month over a month for the first time in three years, gas prices around the country have gone out. They praise the DOGE Group, the Department of Government Efficiency for rooting out waste, fraud and abuse across the executive branch. And I guess three o'clock hour time is when that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with the tariffs because the eagle has not landed. We have not seen what how bad things could get if these remain in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there just hasn't been enough time that has passed.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: In last hour we talked about the We're gonna start seeing some of the impact, if nothing else, just in the amount of stuff coming into the country through the ports of la and Long Beach specifically. Is the kind of the lens through which we looked at it. But when you start to see the choice on your store shelves tighten up a bit, that's when people are going to.
Speaker 2: Hear are the crisis?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, we got to talk about Mark Carney when we come back. He's the new PM or I guess the extended term full term PM now for Canada. What this election means for Canada and why he's why he's not a friend or fan of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is King Charles and Gwyneth tro have in common?
Speaker 2: The uh jade egg?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, he doesn't have a vagina. Isn't that where you put those?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess you're right that I know of.
Speaker 1: Creative.
Speaker 2: You could be creative people do it.
Speaker 1: That's funny. No, it's actually worse than that coffee enemas. Oh, coffee colonic related treatments. Apparently King Charles lauded these these treatments in two thousand and four that he would get regular coffee enemas way to clear toxins from the body.
Speaker 2: I just have a quick medical question. Yes, how how what? How do you put it in?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, I figure there's you know, for for every exit, there's an entrance. I suppose some doesn't. I don't want to discuss that. How does it mechanically and physiologically clean you out?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 5: And if it does, isn't it just the last couple inches or feet maybe of your intestine? I mean, well, it's talking about a lot cling toxins from your body. A couple of feet.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's a lot of intestine testine in there. You do too. Don't make it a thing about me. Don't talk about my indu keep your you don't know about my Keep.
Speaker 5: My intestines out your mouth so gross it will clear the bowel of fecal matter. We know that, right evolved?
Speaker 1: Oh God, putting fluid into the I do feel like I know your intestines pretty well. What well, I know what they don't do? How dare you you have strong intestines?
Speaker 2: Thank you? The doctors say, don't do this.
Speaker 1: Keep the coffee out of your rectum and in your cup is what specialists are saying. I think that people think that coffee helps to get things going in that department. Enema's helped the thing keep things going in that department, So why not combine the two and YEATSI how about this special super Tuesday. No, doctors say that's not a thing. But apparently TikTok has given this therapy which has been talked about for you know, decades now. New life as TikTok is one to do. This is a challenge that you should not do. If you're on the TikTok, let me pull it up and see if I can find one of these. I wonder if people are are posting videos of it. Let's see here skip. Well, what do I do I search coffee person therapy enema. I think it's probably pretty plain, plainly spoken on the Oh, I'm addicted to coffee nima as this woman says. This woman says she's been using them religiously for three months.
Speaker 2: In this case, they're talking about using it as well. Oh, here's a video. Here's a video. Why are you what are you watching?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Wow, what a weird world we live in. I'll put that away.
Speaker 5: You might want to throw the phone away a little receptacle right outside the door.
Speaker 1: Even if you were into enemas, let's just say you run of the mill enema, all right, just an enema's enema.
Speaker 2: You're a basic enema. If you're over to that, what's basic?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't in the world of enemas, I don't think coffee is probably the norm, so we we I think that's where we can agree. So whatever the norm is, Say you're into giving yourself an enema three times a day?
Speaker 2: Okay, would you advertise that? Would you take video of that? Would you extol the virtues of that in a public space.
Speaker 1: We've gotten to the point of oversharing, where we are over sharing our uh you know, back menu, cheesecake factory enema item on TikTok?
Speaker 5: Is it because they feel like it has made such a difference in their life?
Speaker 1: Are they going to take pictures of the bowl? Does it come out in a bowl.
Speaker 3: A bull.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean the toilet bowl. Yeah, yeah, to prove that it's working. And how does it look? How would it be different than anybody else?
Speaker 1: Like if we reach peak over share to the point where we're talking about what happens with a coffee enema that we're addicted to and doing them three times a day.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's not forget.
Speaker 5: Your body is pretty good for the most part.
Speaker 2: It does its own thing. It's kind of aspect of it.
Speaker 5: As long as you put the right stuff in, you're gonna get the right stuff out. They talk about this as a therapy, as an option to chemotherapy because it helps.
Speaker 2: But don't do that. No, I'm just listen to your doctor, right, It's okay to ask questions of your doctor.
Speaker 5: But the idea that you're gonna you're gonna jam a folders can put coffee up.
Speaker 1: Your ass, I think is the takeaway that we're all comfortable with when we come back. Oh more well, more of this, more wellness.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not this, Oh, but other things that are much better okay, yeah, much much better when it comes to the wellness.
Speaker 1: Don't forget, guys, let us know what you learned on the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: It's coming up on Friday.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Do we have a wellness desk? We do somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he spends most of his day at the office city into a variety of activities.
Speaker 2: I'm preferably some exercise late in the afternoon. I never exercised a day of my life. You just got to sit here and wait to die.
Speaker 1: Every morning, I smoke a cigarette and for lunch, I eat a bacon sandwich, and I usually drink my dinner.
Speaker 3: It's time for Gary and Shannon's periodic guide for wellness and personal improvement for your health.
Speaker 1: Fair health Waking up at four a has long been talked about as the go getter type of protocol. Right Disney CEO Bob Iger famously begins his day with the pre dawn workout. You hear this when you think about CEO's business people. Tim Cook, Apple CEO famously deals with emails from customers before sun rise. They say, there's it's kind of an arms race between different executives and business leaders over who can claim the highest average workload.
Speaker 5: There is something beautiful about being able to get up early and function, and.
Speaker 1: When it's quiet and nobody else is up, it's like you're stealing ours.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I know plenty of people who do get up early and are able to function. Yeah, I find it a struggle. If you set the alarm at a certain time, it can be difficult. And I do envy people who say that they love getting up and the ready.
Speaker 2: To take on the day before the sunrise.
Speaker 1: One of my girlfriends, her, one of my girlfriends, talks about how her mom's always like, I don't even need coffee.
Speaker 2: I just wake up and I have my water.
Speaker 1: And it's like, even if that's true, you can't tell people that, you know what I mean, you just can't. Like, good for you, that's awesome, but you can't share that because most people need about six cups of coffee to get up at four am and function. My husband does this. He gets up in the four o'clock hour, works out in the whole bit.
Speaker 5: The four am wake up got to got a little boost when got its own four am wake up when a viral video showed Ashton Hall doing a morning routine. It involved waking up with mouth tape on, so apparently he could sleep better the ice bath filled with bottled Saratoga water. This sanapal, he rubbled, rubbed across his face. He used to play I think college football. Yes, he's in excellent shape. Yeah, okay. He also said that he posted something in February. He said, sin lives late at night. If you're dealing with a weak mind, bad decisions, or a lack of productivity, go to sleep early. This doesn't necessarily have to do with time of day. It has more to do with you challenging yourself to do something right.
Speaker 2: And if you have a routine.
Speaker 1: Some people like to wake up early, work out, meditate, whatever it is, cold, plunge, sauna, what have you. But I like it because it's quiet and it's dark. I'll also say this, I don't get up at four am. I'll get up at five.
Speaker 5: There can be a glorious time. Also, if you have young kids, sure that. Yeah, if for some reason, listen, the problem with young kids is you end up staying up later than they do because you got to get the things done you couldn't get done while.
Speaker 2: They were around annoying you.
Speaker 5: And then you got if you can get up early, you got some time before they get up. That can be a really great time as well. It doesn't have to be with kids though. Of course. Waking up early is just a super easy way to squeeze out a little bit more productivity, productivity in your day. I mean, it's an easy concept, but the actual execution of it can be difficult.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And you can also take care of the things that you would usually multitask throughout the day while you're trying to work or what have you. You can get all that personal stuff accomplished or at least organized to get accomplished earlier in the day. Then if you're scrambling during your work day to figure out schedules.
Speaker 5: And are you a strict mourning you do everything the same every morning?
Speaker 1: No, I do nothing the same any day. I've tried to be a routine person. It seems to be a very helpful way of living. I'm just not.
Speaker 2: But you set an alarm, yeah, but it changes every day. It's us.
Speaker 1: We mean, well, sometimes it's set for five, sometimes it's five thirty, sometimes six.
Speaker 2: So you said it the night before to go off at a different time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why, depending on what I want to do the next morning. If I want to get up and work out or if I want to sleep, or if I want to You know.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, But no cold plunges kind.
Speaker 1: Of how I fly by the seat of my pants these days. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What time am I gonna set the alarm for? Am I feeling lucky? Maybe I'm just gonna raw dog and not do it all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I'll just roll the ice and see what time the Good Lord wakes.
Speaker 2: Me up if if he chooses to wake me up.
Speaker 1: Nothing is given, Nothing is a given.
Speaker 2: But no cold plunge for you. You're not that. But I do go. I do.
Speaker 1: I do like asauna in the morning. I do like to sweat. That's a sign of weakness, it is not. The cold plunge is a sign of strength. Have you known people that have done cold plunges? Sure, okay, let's just think about strong Can I just can I just bring up Can I just your.
Speaker 2: Can I just close this case?
Speaker 1: Let's think about strong people in your life, Dixie Dickerson, to name a few.
Speaker 2: Would they ever do a cold plunge?
Speaker 5: It was called a shower right, they didn't have the hot water? Would they would.
Speaker 1: They go to a strip mall and van eyes and pay sixty nine to ninety nine to get in a tub of ice water, though they would not that it would be a because that's the cold plunge of today. It's not a cold shower or jumping in the pool in the backyard. It's like, let me pay you to make you me uncomfortable because it's good for me, and let me tell you, and then let me tell everybody about it today. A Right, is it really even cold plunging if you're not telling anybody about it? All? Right?
Speaker 5: One more wellness segment, This one for the drinkers of the champagne with heart disease. Maybe there may be some good combinations there.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six four.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary and Shannon. I lost my dad about six years ago, and I have all of his Credence Clearwater Revival Original vinyl, and I'm so thrilled that I do because I remember listening to it as a kid. I remember seeing it, you know, stacked up against our stereo when I was growing up. So the fact that I have it now, I just love it because it's just wonderful memories and it's such good music too. That I can play it for my kids and they.
Speaker 1: Go, there's Yeah, there's a lot of nostalgia, feel good nostalgia that goes along with that.
Speaker 5: I my parents, I never saw them as huge comedy consumers, but they had five Bill Cosby albums and loved listening to those. And I remember the big record player. We used to have big console kind of record players. We would play those in. Which is that his old chicken Heart sketch or the go karts or all of them were fantastic.
Speaker 1: I remember my parents watching Eddie Murphy raw and knowing that I would too one day love it as well.
Speaker 2: I might understand all of it, but no, I sure didn't. Sure didn't.
Speaker 1: My grandparents used to listen to Don Hoe Tiny Bubbles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that, sure.
Speaker 1: Speaking of tiny bubbles, probably where my love of champagne came from listening to Don Hoe as a youth makes sense. A new study has good news for champagne drinking. It could reduce the risk of sudden cardiac arrest.
Speaker 2: How about that you don't want a heart attack?
Speaker 1: Have some bubbles, drinking champagne, eating more fruit, staying slim, and maintaining a positive outlook on life. Will help reduce the risk of sudden cardiac arrest. There's a lot going in there, you're damn right now.
Speaker 5: The Canadian Journal of Cardiology they published, that's where they published.
Speaker 1: Kind of they don't even know, well, actually French Canadian.
Speaker 5: They looked at fifty six non clinical risk factors associated with sudden cardiac arrest, everything lifestyle, physical, psychosocial, socioeconomic, the local environment, and they said that there's evidence that addressing these things could prevent a large number of cases. And researchers found factors like higher consumption of champagne and white wine.
Speaker 2: Look at who drinks fruit intake.
Speaker 1: Who looks at who drinks champagne and white wine.
Speaker 5: Well, chances are they have a more positive mood exactly at least after I assume weight management, blood pressure control improved, educational, A lot of.
Speaker 1: White women drink white wine and champagne, who are probably more likely to have more money, more positive outlook, more going to be slim, access to more fruit.
Speaker 2: All of these things go hand.
Speaker 5: And the lead investigator in the studies that all previous studies investigating the risk factors of sudden cardiac arrest were hypothesis driven. They were focused on a limited number of exposure factors grounded in the prior knowledge. And he said, we wanted to conduct an x bosom wide network bosoms bosum exposum. That's like right up there with Tata Association study, which examines the relationship between the environmental exposures and the health outcomes, et cetera. Eliminating the worst third of the fifty six risk factors suggested forty percent of those sudden cardiac arrest cases could be prevented.
Speaker 1: The exposum refers to the totality of an individual's environmental exposures throughout their lifetime, both external internal factors, and how these exposures impact health.
Speaker 5: Interesting well, and this is just this kind of adds to the mixed bag when it comes to studies about modern alcohol consumption, right because a lot of there were some studies that say any amount of alcohol consumption is bad for you. Some of them say you can have a glass or two depending on your makeup, your body, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Just don't have seventy five. That's a lot, you know. And that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: People who drink champagne probably aren't hitting the you know, handle a whiskey after well and.
Speaker 5: I always have a problem with champagne because it's hard to drink. I mean, the bubbles make it difficult to drink. I never had a problem with them. They give they just they make you burp all the time. And it's different for me champagne versus beer, which is also carbonated, but it's different.
Speaker 2: It's I find it easier to drink beer. Do you burp a lot when you drink the beer?
Speaker 5: Sure, I'm sure I do. I'm probably an animal. Interesting thing is you got to drink a bunch of them really quickly, and then you forget if you burp.
Speaker 2: Sure, so who care?
Speaker 1: And also when you're drinking a beer, burping's kind of par for the course, right, it's part of it, as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to a nice game somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, you got your hand down your pants like you're want to do, just sitting there adjusting.
Speaker 2: Let's talk trending when we come back. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap