Speaker 1: Its've been in Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle want to remind everybody that even though the MAVs are on an All Star break, we are still here with your MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinnie Amphitheater, a piece of Dallas's most luxurious Amphitheater coming to McKinny in twenty twenty six. It is All Star break. Kyrie Irving will be there. He will be doing his thing in San Francisco representing the Dallas Mavericks. Then they'll have a week off next week and they come back a week from tonight to start the stretch run for the playoffs. Huge win last night undermanned against the Miami Heat, and they have won four or five despite all of these injuries and a center rotation currently of Omax and Kessler Edwards Who to thunk It? Check out all the details at Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a fire Pit suite or join the ape Man Club at the Sunset at mckinne Amphitheater coming in twenty twenty six. Now we're in the middle of our SNL cast member bracket. Kati is running this thing in honor of SNL's fifty year anniversary. There's a streaming concert tonight and then on Sunday Night. The live three hour special on Live from New York at Sunday Night for the fifty year anniversary is Arday Night Live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very weird. So you know, tons of SNL content, got a bracket, sixty four teams in it. We got through a lot about an hour ago. We'll put the podcast up on the free iHeartRadio app. So let's pick it up. Round two. We're whittled down to thirty two.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Jason Sidekas, who off air beat John Lovetts and Phil Hartman took down Christopher Guest. So number seven Jason sadakas number two Phil Hartman. This is tough, not for.
Speaker 3: Me, wow.
Speaker 2: Phil Hartman was incredible for a long time. But I've thought about this a lot, and I think Jason Sidekas has made me laugh more.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is tough, but Sadekas has gone on to do a lot after words, Right, and Phil Hartman's wife killed him. Phil Hartman was so massively important. I think of things like Caveman Lawyer, right, and I think of Sadekas. I think of him doing the running man in the you know where as opposed to like having some.
Speaker 1: Lead Sadekas does not have a single moment as iconic as Caveman Frozen Frozen walking around McDonald's taking cheeseburgers out of people's hands, and then what about.
Speaker 2: What wasn't he wasn't?
Speaker 1: Uh when Franken was Kevin Neal and Frankenstein and he was.
Speaker 4: He was Frankenstein. Yeah, dude, Phil Hartman, Phil Hartman for me, but but rest in peace. Jason Sedakis, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Number three Chris Farley, who beat Kyle Mooney.
Speaker 3: Is this going to be?
Speaker 2: It's number six, Fred Armison. It's Chris Farley. For me, it's Fred Armison, and I get it. I did it close for me. It's armistic.
Speaker 4: It is closer than people would think because Fred Armison, dude, him as Prince is so good. But Farley, I think is Farley has a shot at being on the Mount rushmore of this thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Farley.
Speaker 2: No one owned a room like Chris Farley. Number five. Bill Hayter, he beat Chris Parnell to get in at number four. Jane Curtin, Yeah, Bill Hayter without a doubt, and I would say maybe underseated at five, number eight, Molly Shannon, number one, Gilda Radner, Gilder Radner for me with Gilda, Yeah, Kilda, all right?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Number seven, David Spade, number two, Kristin Wigg Christen Wigg. Same here, Kristen Wig. Really not close, right there? Sort of Spade? Who did Spade beat in the first round? He beat on a guest I are to get in. It's a tough one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're just ushering Kristin Wig wherever she needs to go.
Speaker 3: With the seating.
Speaker 2: Kristen Wig beat Beck Bennett. Number three Mike Myers against number six Chevy Chase. It's gotta be Mike Myers.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Chevy Chase was great, but he was on for one season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just you look at the number of things, number of sketches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even close.
Speaker 1: And and honestly, like you probably give Chevy Chase points for being the breakout star to get the thing over the top when it launched, but again one year compared to Mike Myers dominated for what a decade?
Speaker 4: How long was that in that show? He was so good and so many of his things turned into movies. Yeah, so all right.
Speaker 2: Number four Adam Sandler. Number five, Maya Rudolph.
Speaker 1: I know who you boys are gonna choose. I would go Maya Rudolph.
Speaker 2: I'm Adam Sandler easily here.
Speaker 3: I'm going Adam Sandler. But it is close for me.
Speaker 2: Number one John Belushi, number eight, Kevin Nielan's Belushi. All right, there you go.
Speaker 1: Just Belushi's eyebrow rais alone. Other side, it's Kevin Nielan.
Speaker 2: Number seven, An eighty Bryant. Number two, Dana Carvey. That's Dan. Number three, Bill Murray number six, Andy Samberg, Bill Murray, Bill.
Speaker 3: Murray, Bill Ghostbustin ass Murray.
Speaker 2: Number four, Amy Poehler number twelve, Norm MacDonald.
Speaker 3: It's got to be Amy. I will take Amy Pomy Pohler.
Speaker 1: I love Norm, but Amy Poehler had a bigger impact on that show than Norm.
Speaker 4: Day.
Speaker 2: Yes one legged Gal pregnant girl at the bar, and I've got on week day, and I say, hell of a run on weekday. Eddie Murphy Number one. Cecily Strong number eight, Bye, Cecily. Yeah, this is a you know, I think we kind of know where a lot of this are gonna go. Number two Dan Ackroyd. Number ten, Sheerry O.
Speaker 3: Terry God, Dan Ackroyd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dan Aykroyd, even though I'm not a huge dan Aykroyd fan, but yes. Number three, Tina fa Number six, Tracy Morgan, a thirty rock battle. It's got to be Tina Fay, but it's a fun battle. Tina Fey. Yeah, I get.
Speaker 1: I mean she's mostly I think of her as Weekday Update.
Speaker 2: She did Sarah Palin, I still think. Yeah, the Sarah Palin thing was one that was really huge, but like her contributions were greater as a writer. Yeah, I've always thought she was a little overrated as a cast member, but I'll take her over. Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's got so many historic Weekday moments Weekday Update moments.
Speaker 2: Number four Keenan Thompson, it's number five. Kate McKinnon, Kate McKinnon, Kate McKinnon. I would know Kate McKinnon two, but Keenan is real great. Chris Arnold said, that's a close one, and that's why Keenan Thompson's real great. Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Okay. Number one, Wait are you second guessing that? No? No, all right, now, I think Kate McKinnon's argument is best female cast member.
Speaker 3: And ironic when you said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if she was a guy, she'd be different. Yeah, I don't know what has bracket?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Number one? Number one, Will Ferrell, Number nine, Jimmy Fallon. Oh this is a slaughter, Okay, Will Ferrell? All right? Sweet sixteen, plenty of time. Number two, Phil Hartman, Number three, Chris Farley. It's Chris Farley, And to me, it's not close. I think it. Here's what I think. No, No, here's what I think. I think this is.
Speaker 1: I think Chris Farley. Either one's great, of course that's worth that point of the tournament, but I think part of and I know you're a historian of it, so I'm not second guessing that. But Phil Hartman, in his prime, you weren't even born yet, and so it hits you differently when you're experiencing it in real time. Chris Farley is my first cast remembering things. So, but I'm not saying that to discredit Chris Farley. Has been point is Ben's point. Chris Farley is amazing. For me, it's Phil Hartman, But I understand.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I experienced both and I just think Farley had the magic. Phil Hartman was awesome, but he didn't. He couldn't take it to the level Farley could.
Speaker 2: Chris Farley advances Phil Hartman, Good luck buddy. Number five, Gil, I'm sorry. Number five, Bill Hayter. Number one, Gilda Radner. Look, I'm a Bill Hayter guy. I'm Bill Hater guy too, And like Bill Hayter, also with severe anxiety, was asked to do so many just cold opens because he had straight man and energy too. When he wasn't stealing the show, he could do that.
Speaker 1: You know, what you do, or at least what I do on some of these matchups is immediately go to iconic moments or iconic characters.
Speaker 2: And I think we can disagree on this.
Speaker 1: The most iconic Gilda Radner character was Roseanne Rosanna Dana right, and she had the exact same role that Stefan had on Weekday Update. And I think Stefan is so much funnier than Roseanne Rosionadana.
Speaker 2: It's like that alone to me, wins it. Yeah, all right, good, there you go later. Number two, Kristin Wig. Number three, Mike Myers.
Speaker 4: I'll take Christin Wig in this same here that's a tough matchup.
Speaker 2: But yeah, those are some hitters right there, Dude, that's a good matchup.
Speaker 1: Like I would say this too stylistically, like Mike Myers is great.
Speaker 3: He's kind of.
Speaker 2: Corny el Canadian going on there.
Speaker 1: And Chris kristen Wig is just like so effed out there that character with the tiny hands, and oh my.
Speaker 4: God, she's uh, she's she's almost Will Ferrel quality on the female side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could be physical too, you know. And if you have not seen Will and Harper.
Speaker 3: Dude, oh she's in it.
Speaker 1: Huhuh uh she's she So basically, Will Ferrell calls her and says, can you write a theme song for us? And so as they're driving across country, they stake her with writing the theme song and then she won't return their call. And I don't want to give anything away, but just stick around till the.
Speaker 2: End because it is amazing.
Speaker 4: So she in you know, she does the grocery checkout Lady, which is awesome. She does the she does the she can't hold a surprise party, she can't hold a secret.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a but what about the thing she does with Fred Armison where they sing together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so good Man, she's going to be tough to beat in the whole tournament.
Speaker 2: Uh Garth and kit John Belushi won. Adam Sandler four Blushy Belushi was Blushy on the show.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: How long was Blushi on the show? He was on the show.
Speaker 1: It was the first year, nineteen seventy five, because I mean he was on the show from nineteen seventy five to nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 2: You know, both of those guys were not on the show as long as people think.
Speaker 3: Right, Belushi was four years, right.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I would like to I would like to know that.
Speaker 1: I think he was on the show. I think he was on the show until they had the cast change. He was four four seasons. Sadler was on for I think Samler was me. Samler was five seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both awesome, both incredibly awesome. But Belushi just had that presence to where just walking out onto the set had people cracking up.
Speaker 1: He was basically what Chris Farley aspired to be John Belushi.
Speaker 2: There you go, Sorry Sandler, Sorry sam Man. Look forward to Happy Gilmore too, though. Number three, Bill Murray, Number two, Dana Carvey.
Speaker 3: Bill Murray for me, God, that is so hard.
Speaker 2: It's Dana Carvey for me. But that's an age thing I would imagine because there's tons of Bill Murray stuff I've obviously missed.
Speaker 3: You know what. Hold on a second.
Speaker 4: I know it's hard, dude, because when I think of Bill Murray, I'm thinking of his overall work, all this movies and everything. I'm just like, who doesn't love Bill Murray? But specifically to SNL, what were his best characters?
Speaker 1: So basically the boyfriend to Gilda Radner when he gave her a noogie lounge singer singer is amazing.
Speaker 3: I think I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm gonna reverse my vote.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go Dana Carvey because just he had I think obviously Bill Murray's had a better overall career, but I think on SNL, Dana Carvey. My favorite Bill Murray moment on Saturday Night Live was when he came back as a host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they did the Hercules movie. I think that's maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen on the history and the history of Saturday Night Live. When Hercules said he just needed a moment to stretch his back out, and then when that girl goes the legs hercules lift with the legs.
Speaker 2: So Dana Carvey takes down Bill Murray and we will continue in an hour elosive as all. We'll do well, yeah, like five forty ish, we'll get to this.
Speaker 3: Well, we have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get to eight four. We'll be in good shape. Wowkay, don't miss that.
Speaker 4: Coming up next though, it is Valentine's Day, so we have a special edition of The Love Shack. Take your pants off and stand by. This is coming your way next