Speaker 1: How do you handle the latest bout of injuries around the NFL training camps? What surprising Saints receiver is somebody that you need to keep in mind for your fantasy drafts this weekend and beyond. And how bullish or bearish are you on a certain NFC North rookie wide receiver. Plus, we have the three time FFPC Main Event League Champion and twenty twenty five FFPC pros versus Joe's drafter, Rob Thomasino hanging out with us tonight. We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: It's down the pressure. I'm seen.
Speaker 1: Broadcast live in horder round the world. You are now.
Speaker 3: Watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts, Eric Balkman and Farrel Elliott. I Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now. Because no one else was available, here are Eric Baltman at Barrell Elliot.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob, and greetings to all of you. Farelli X and Balcoholics. This is the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football are presented to you by my f f PC dot com. I am your slightly above average host, Eric Balkman. You can connect with me on X at Eric Balkman. That's E R I C B A L K M A. And of course you can connect with the show at hs f F hour uh and of course check out Farrell's Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at k f f f C dot com. Once again, that is k f f FC dot com. Coming up on tonight's show, We've got a great bit of a goodness to get to. I mean, I guess I don't know. Goodness is maybe not the right way to say it, because we get some injuries to get to some good, some bad, and of course how you react to that in your FFPC drafts, whether it be the big grill of the main event, so on and so forth. We're going to give you our insight on what we would do if we were you tonight, and you can feel free to utilize that advice or ignore it at your own peril. You could post on our Facebook page at Facebook dot com slash HSFF our email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. If you have any questions for us, send them and now we'll try to get to all the chat room questions, x posts and emails coming up in the Fantasy Feedback segment later on in the show thanks to our audio engineering, my best friend Bryce and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob. Ladies and Gentlemen, The FFPC Main Event early Draft slot deadline is just hours away. Midnight Pacific time. Is the last chance that you will get to prep for your FFPC main event squads and main event drafts well over a month before many of your competitors are doing it. How do you do that? Here's what you do. Go to my FFPC dot com, make sure you are registered and everything is squared away with all your FFPC main event teams by midnight Pacific time on Sunday night. If that happens, you will have your draft slot that you'll be drafting later on this month extually me not this month, later on and in in September, either live at Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas or from the comfort of your own home, you're gonna find out what slot you have and you can start game planning, prepping, doing whatever you want to do to make sure you are dialed in for getting the most out of that draft slot. You're gonna have it well ahead of time if you have your team squared away by midnight Pacific time on Sunday night. So check that out. It's a million dollar grand prize, six million dollar plus prize school. It is a it is our flagship event for the FFPC. That early draft slot deadline once again midnight Pacific time on Sunday. The FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament is going strong. We got drafts yet tonight going on in that check that out at my ffpc dot com. A million dollar grand prize. The Van Bananas Promo is live. If you want to win a free Jungle Safari for four, keep entering that FFPC Big Gorilla and you'll increase your chances for that fifty dollars discount on each every third team that you get in that So check that out my FFPC dot com. If you're still in Bestball season, hey, that's cool too. We like to reward that type of behavior. My FFPC dot com is your home for not one, but two best Ball tournaments. The FFPC Classic Bestball Tournament one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter, a three hundred thousand dollars grand prize and a one hundred thousand dollars runner up prize as well. If you want to play in the super Flex version of that, you still get to compete for a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize, but that's only thirty five dollars to enter, so check that out my FFPC dot com. And of course, for those of you who have fallen in love with Dynasty Fantasy football, we are the home for that as well. Fifteen plus years, two thousand plus leagues, none have ever folded, so check that out at my FFPC dot com. Enter your Dynasty startups this summer at my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comments on the video, shirt with your friends, share and your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which I have a massive announcement something we've never done before on the FFPC YouTube channel quite frankly in the FFPC history, and I will announce that at the end of tonight's show. It's going to be very exciting. You don't want to miss it. As far as what's going on next week, it's gonna be awesome. What's going on right now, leagues are filling up at kfffc dot com. The Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship is going hard. And I bring in the commissioner of the KFFFC right now. Ladies and gentlemen. You follow him on the X and Instagram at Jay Farrell Elliott, my co host with the most mister Farrell Elliott, Commissioner. Good evening and welcome, happy Friday night to here, Bulky.
Speaker 4: It is Friday night. What a great week it's been for fantasy football and here with the Pros Versus Jos and now joining you on Friday night, and our guest is coming in from the Pros Versus Jos and yeah, it's fantastic. A lot of good news for young players coming out of NFL training camps, the early start to this season. It's good stuff.
Speaker 1: It is good stuff. I mean, I'm looking at right now and we're gonna talk about Rashid shakehedin a little bit, but I want to just kind of go over some quick hitters with you at the top of the show. Number one, Elijah Royle apparently looks like a playmaker after two training camp practices. According to John Boyle, who covers the Seahawks for the Teamseahawks dot Com, Elijah Royle now seems to be the guy there over aj Barner with no Noah offense. You're bumping him up your tight end premium draft boards at all. Ferrell Arroyo actually, in the limited dynasty that I play, I made him a target and got him. I figured that if this team scouted him and drafted him, they had to see something. Now I think even they're a little bit surprised about what they see, but they're regularly working out wide receivers, so they're trying to change the outlook of the way that team handles and lose the balls the air, and so yeah, Arroyo is gonna have a spot in it. And with his athleticism, there's a great deal of talk about the various places he could line.
Speaker 4: Up all ours from last year. He's not going to be Bowers, but he might be a little better than anything we've seen from the Seattle tight end position in a while.
Speaker 1: Next up is Jacksonville Tank Bigsby. Apparently John Shipley covers the Jaguars for SI dot Com said if there was one running back on this team that stood out throughout the practice today, it was Tank Bigsby. And I think this is worth bringing up Parrell because Tank Bigsby would normally shine when the helmets are on, the pads are on, and it's full you know, as close as you can get to full tackle practice. It was one of those things where it was helmets and shorts that was it today and Bigsby stood out. I think that's good news if you have Bigsby or if you're looking at drafting him over Etn over Michelle Tooton over Laquin Allen. This this is a very ambiguous backfield, and Bigsby I think took a step forward here.
Speaker 4: We've had a hard time being right about the Jacksonville backfield and the Jacksonville team over the years and there. So this is not something that I am looking to do. And I don't think he's gonna drop much in the draft because of this conversation. So this is a player that I will be personally avoiding and will somewhat underscore my lack of meaningful commentary about it.
Speaker 1: The news was not all good today. Darnell Mooney was the bad. We'll get into the bad here. Zach Kline, who covers the Falcons for WSB, reports that Mooney has a shoulder injury. Suffered a shoulder injury today and quote will miss most of training camp. Now. We don't know if this is the same shoulder that he hurt last season. It's not like the Falcons have another guy ready to step up into that number two role. They have Caderill Hodge, they have Ray Ray McCloud, and then they inked DJ Chark to a contract later today. Hopefully Mooney recovers. I feel like I have to move him down my boards a little bit, even though I like this player Ferrell. When you look at that Atlanta passing game, are you bumping up pits at all? Is there somebody that you look at late? How are you drafting Darnel Mooney now that we know he's probably gonna be missing most of training camp over the next four or five, even six weeks.
Speaker 4: I was trying to warm up to him during the pros Versus shows. The more I looked at him, the more I was beginning to do that. But it's he's the type of player, body, physique, and skill set that doesn't respond well to the shoulder or joint injuries. They're just basing things that he has to do. You know, I like, I don't like any player to be injured. But if you're in fantasy ball, if you want a guy that struggles with injuries, you want a bigger player that can physical still physical his way to make certain catches, to make the proverbial fifty to fifty catch, Mooney's not going to make any of them, and if he's hurting, he's going to make less than them. So I don't know is a big He's a run after catch guy for me too. He should be elusive. He runs sometimes like a running back. All those things come to play and make you somewhat skittish about him to repeat some of the success he's had. Put that in the fact that he is still a falcon, and you continue to be further discouraged about his opportunities.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I am leaning towards everything you said. I respect, obviously, but I think I'm leaning towards buying the dip on Mooney. This is a player that I was already in on. He was wide receiver fifty one at the ten or three According to Fantasy Mojo dot com. That's Darren Armani's website. He is the godfather of the process. That show's challenge. If you are playing in the FFPC, I highly recommend you get a subscription to Fantasymojo dot com. And so I would imagine with this shoulder news, he's probably going to be dropping in the twelfth or three. I must be able to get him as wide receiver six. And if that's the case, whether it's in Best Ball, whether it's in manage leagues or whatever, I'm still on board for that. It's a long season. He is not a rookie, he is not a second year guy that he needs all these reps. I don't think that there's an obvious guy ready to step in for him. I am not a DJ believer. So I think when Mooney slips to that twelfth round, which he inevitably will do, maybe even later than that, I'll be scooping him up.
Speaker 4: It's fair enough as long as it's after Pittman. Wow, it only took us twelve minutes to get Pittman into the conversation. Yeah, and I'm just and I agree with everything you're saying. However, if his injury is a nagging one throughout the year. The kind of athlete he is, what he does to be successful could be put in peril.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to bring up here we have Rob Thomasino coming up the FFP. It's a ghos drafter Dallas Morning News is Calvin Watkins was asked or excuse me, asked Brian Schottenheimer, the head coach of Dallas, about the running back situation, and Shottenheimer hinted that a rotation could be the way that Dallas goes once the season starts. Watkins listed Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders as the two guys who are competing for the starting running back job in Dallas. Did not mention Jayden Blue. And obviously we saw the report last week from a Cowboys former Cowboys coach saying that he's been lazy and they've had to force him and kind of kick him in the gear, kick him in the rear to get him.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, basically that's what it was. So here's the thing. Javonte Williams has not been good in several years. Miles Sanders has not been good in several years. I am still like we got the KFFSE Dynasty rookie drafts going on right now. I've gotten Jaden Blue and at least two of them already. I'm still on board with that. As far as redraft goes again, this is a player I'm buying the dip on. I feel like if you can get him as running back five, that could really pay off. And with the news coming out of Dallas not being glowing, I feel like this is the opportunity to buy Jayden Blue now before he starts turning heads in the preseason. I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Players that come in and get labeled publicly lazy usually have a chip on their shoulder, maybe as coaches that are trying to light light the proverbial fuse in this player. I I've seen coaches talk to players about being lazy, line thinking lazy, having a hard time focus, line up wrong. You know, there's nothing more entertaining for me than you go to a practice and you got the guys lined up and some coach runs screaming onto the field at one player that he's lined up in the wrong place. The poor players trying to figure out all these aspects of the play call, and it can be a difficult process for it. But yeah, let's let's just give the Let's give the young player a break and see what you see how he shakes off the lazy label.
Speaker 1: I want to get into New Orleans here. Rashid Shakid, according to Aaron Summers and covers the team, says that he put on weight this offseason to hold up better against contact. Rashid Shahed weighs in at one hundred and ninety pounds at the start of this season. At this time last year, he weighed one hundred and eighty. This is his fourth year in the league. He's coming back from a torn meniscus that he suffered last season. Apparently looked completely recovered from this meniscus, not now, but all the way back in May. Per Matthew Paris, who covers the Saints, he averaged sixteen point six yards per reception in his career before he got hurt. Last year, he was on pace for just under one thousand yards and nine touchdowns. John Dagel from established around another process as Joe's drafter that we saw this past week. Pharrell posted that in the games win a Lave and Shahied were healthy last year. I think it was like five four or five games, Shih had actually out targeted Chris o'lave by like eight or nine targets. Now, I know target, it's like the T word on this show. We don't like to talk about it. We like to talk about receptions. But when you talk about where these players are going, the FFPC big gorilla over the last three days. Knowing what I just told you, what John Daegel said about a lobby being out targeted by Rashid Shaheed, you have to pay seventh round draft capital, sometimes sixth round draft capital for Chris o'labby Rashid Shahed is only going to set you back twelfth round draft capital. I'm becoming a fan of Shaheed, my friend.
Speaker 4: I think you've been a fan for a while. Bulkie, you know we were back in the day. We were talking about this player before really anyone else was that I can recall, and we've always liked him. I think that he is tied to the quarterback Tyler Shuck. As I recall, Shuck has great downfield accuracy and that's where, especially in best Ball, you'll get your spikes from Shaheed. Now, why is he targeted a lot? He's targeting a lot because he gets open, and then you know he is open and he's had quarterback. You know, say what you will about mister Carr, There's there's a quarterback they could run through the progressions. Now he gets at the other end of the spectrum with a rookie quarterback. A rookie quarterback can lean on a player that gets open and has speed. And also Shaheed could look a lot different in what they ask him to.
Speaker 2: Do with this quarterback.
Speaker 4: So I'm with you, Bulky. This is a player that I will be targeting in the drafts and that I'm thrilled to have on my dynasty teams that I barely paid for I think got him off the waivers in most cases. And I'm beginning to notice that a lot of people is a lot of people are going to catch up to this player because I'm getting a lot of trade offers. And Scott points says, who is going to get him the ball? Well, it'll be a rookie quarterback, or it'll be Jay Hayner. It'll be one of those guys. And they won't win many many games for New Orleans, but they will successfully present this player with enough opportunities to cast seventy seventy five balls. If he continues to separate and get the yard, as you're talking about a few touchdowns, that'll be quite an acquisition for the twelfth round.
Speaker 1: The level of expectation you have for a player in the twelfth round goes increasingly down. While Scott Hoyt brings up a good point, I think that's a question I would ask for somebody like Olave who's going in the sixth round, who's going to get them the ball?
Speaker 4: That's a good point. And Scott, you know, it's not a bit of a mess. It's not. You've got good young players who are competing for the position. It was a bit of a mess last year you had an injured veteran that can't shake it off. Now. The only time that the New Orleans quarterback room it begins to look like a mess to be is when they ask the tight end to start playing quarterback.
Speaker 1: They have young players competing for the job there. How good they are, I don't know, we'll find out, but I think they're good enough to get the ball to a lobby in Shaheed, and obviously Shahed if you miss on him in the twelfth round doesn't really hurt your draft. At all. Let's go to Washington Farrell Chris Russell, who covers the commanders that he is not going to be surprised if Jacory Krossky Merritt earns running back one snaps at some point this season. There's been a lot of praise for Jacory Krossky Merrit in training camp so far. He had a four point four five forty yard dash at the scouting combine eight point nine excuse me, eight point two to nine RAD score, which is an elite but whatever, the next step down from elite, that's what he's at. Should have been an early day pick according to a lot of scouts, he ends up being a late day three pick. An early day three pick according to a lot of scouts. He ends up going late day three. And quite frankly, you have Austin Eckler and Brian Robinson. There not a high bar to jump over. And when you consider that Jacory Krossky Merrit, I do believe that this guy is going to continue to rise up the big guerrilla draft boards sixteen o eight running Back sixty six. I'm definitely in on that. I wish I had more shares of Merriage just to see what happens here because I think this Washington running game is more ambiguous than a lot of people think. I do too.
Speaker 4: And why didn't he get drafted. He's twenty four years old. Why didn't he get drafted better? Well, he only played one game his senior season, but he went down to the East West Rine game in Texas and impressed everyone, and that's where he began. He was the most valuable player in that game, and people were pleased with him in practice, and then he showed it in the All Star Game. And he was a good teammate and a great kid to be around. Three schools during his college time. What did he not show in college? He rarely caught the ball, which makes me think that Eckler will handle third down and maybe some more. And you know, you take a guy like Eckler and you start saying he's going to handle a lot of the third down, Well, then Eckler becomes something that you can consider there, becomes a five to six catch player per game.
Speaker 2: You look at.
Speaker 4: What's going on with with Robinson. He's in the last year of his contract, and I think they will continue to work out running backs. They will look at guys on the street they'll look at guys that'll be waived and try to piece it together. But I think they were very pleased to get this player. They like what they've seen him, and he goes by Bill. His nickname is Bill, so you can drop all the other hyphenated names and just call him Bill.
Speaker 2: But I like him.
Speaker 4: And you know, if I'm a young quote running back trying to get a start in this league and trying to figure it out, you can't be in a locker room with anybody better than Austin Ekwer.
Speaker 1: Given that he plays in our nation's capital, the nickname of Bill is very fitting for ja Cory Krossky merit. And let me tell you, as a fantasy player, I am putting my John Hancock on that Bill and getting him on my team. One last thing I want to bring up before he gets where Our guests tonight, Rob Thomasino, the three time FFPC made have been champion process. As Joe's drafter, I feel like we just should touch on this Bears thing. We're going to touch on it with Rob as well. Ben Johnson said that Luthor Burden is day to day after he had this hamstring issue in May and he's still day to day Pharah. This is like two months later that he's still dealing with court and Cronin's reporting this from ESPN. Devin Dubernet, Olemedi Zakaias have been taking first team reps in Burd instead. I'm excited for Burden number one because of the talent, number two because of the offense, number three because his perceived role in the offense. And yet if this rookie can't get on the field and he's already getting off to a slow start, farreh, I do have a little bit of pause before I'm drafting him in the big Gorilla right now. People have to make this decision when it rolls up to him in the eleventh round. Are you taking a player like Luther Burden as the wide receiver fifty five off the board? Or would you take a guy like Shaheed Would you take a guy like Christian Kirk or Hollywood Brown, all three receivers going after Luthor Burden right now? How do you feel about Burden knowing that this guy is not healthy right now trying to get back on the field.
Speaker 4: Let's see if he ever does, and by the time we get to Paris, if he hadn't been on the field. Let's skip it. Let's lett someone else take that risk. Of course, he'll drop beyond that fifty five probably, and we can then reconsider what we want to do with him. But you know, we we've talked about a We talked about a lot of promising receivers last year. At this time I was high on Malakai Corley. Malachai Corley was at least healthy, but he did he didn't play that way, particularly on the field, when given the opportunity to play. So it's a problem to me. And no matter how no matter what your scouting profile is, if you're showing up hurt and staying hurt, I think we we only get twenty draft picks. Let's let's use them on guys that are healthy.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you one hundred percent on that. I am at least eighty to ninety percent of the time taking Shaheed right now over Burden. Will that pay off for me? I hope so. But I also understand that Burden is not exactly the type of player I want to one ignore either. But yeah, the sooner he gets on field, the better. The sooner we get to tonight's interview, the better. Quite frankly, we have let this guy nash On Crew De Tay shrimp cocktail way too long, so let's get him on right now.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He was hanging out with us on Monday night during our Pros Versus Joe's Draft coverage. He had the eleven spot in Monday Night's draft in Pros Versus Joe's two. We're here to night to talk to him about that draft as well as other as his other thoughts on drafting season this year and Pharaoh. We will not let him get away tonight without giving us his worst fantasy bad beat story, which we're gonna get to where we say good night to him. Please welcome in back to the show, the guy who has won three FFPC Main Event League titles already in his career, looking for a million dollar grand prize this year, mister Rob Thomasino, Rob, good evening man, how are you.
Speaker 2: Eric Farrell? Thanks for having me, appreciate it. You guys ice me out a little bit, but I'm good to go now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just once we get going, man, it's it's tough to stop. It's tough to stop. I don't think we got a chance to talk to you about this on Monday. But when you're not playing all these FFPC leagues and winning all these leagues, what are you doing for a living?
Speaker 2: So I'm born and raised in Long Island, Smithtown, about halfway between Manhattan and the Hamptons. Went to college Gettysburg College shout out Bullets, Pennsylvania. I worked for a distributor of electronic components and displays Edge Electronics out in Bohemia. It's a woman owned business. She's a terrific woman. I would like to give a shout out to her. And I also last year, my son finished up his high school football career and I realized out in Long Island that they needed officials. So I put my name on a list to officiate some football games and I started that last year and I've been doing middle school games, which I've really enjoyed, and uh, it's a fun thing to do.
Speaker 1: So I football officiating. So can you tell us like, are you on the field, are you a referee or you align judge? What are you doing for that? Rob?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when they train you to do pretty much everything, and when you're on the varsity level, you get assigned a specific position like line judge, field judge, referee. In the middle school typically they have three officials and you end up being either the referee or one of the line judges aside judges, so there's there's one guy on each side of the field on the line of scrimmage, and then the ref rooms behind the play. So I've had I've had an opportunity to do all three and it's fun, it's interesting, and it's a good age because the kids are still respectful and nice, and the coaches aren't ridiculously abusive or mean. And I'm not the type of person that's going to take a lot of abuse, so I kind of want to stay out of the varsity level.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yeah, I got it. I have a rather rotund friend who officiates youth football, and I got a kick out of him because he told the kids he just do not start your celebration before I can get down the field to sew. And I saw that actually play out.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all I have. I have a buddy, actually, one of my bosses at the radio station. He is a high school referee, and I don't think he's I don't think he did it the last couple of years, but for probably like ten or fifteen years, every Friday night he was out there refereeing high school football at the varsity level, and I'm like, dude, you're a glutton for punishment because that to me, you don't get paid enough to be that stressed out. And then you got to deal with fans and everything. So God bless you, Rob. And you said the coaches and the players, they're at the right level for you right now. And I'm sure it's enjoyable, but I think about that. I used to be a little league and then I moved up to babe ruth umpire no base calling balls and strikes and on basis never again, no thanks, I'm out of that game. Man, I'm on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baseball is too boring, and being an umpire is too boring.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's not boring and drafting in the pros versus Joseph ninety six hours removed. How do you think he did?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy? So it's funny because I told you, guys, this is my first draft. I knew it would be a learning experience. The good thing, best ball, Yeah, first best ball draft, No way, the good thing. It was a free learning experience. But uh, you know, I asked my nephew who does a bunch of best ball drafts. I asked Joe to Bagel guy who I see every morning on my way to work, he does a lot of best ball drafts, and they all kind of told me the same things, And unfortunately I didn't execute a lot of what they were telling me. When I look at my I really if this was an f FPC main event team, I would love it, but it's not. And you know, we talked about things like stacking, making sure you don't get stuck on any bye weeks, and taking some risks. And then the other thing I struggled with, believe it or not, was some of the logistics. I didn't anticipate how quickly picks would come off the board. Like a main event draft, do you typically have a good minute or minute and a half or two between picks, and all of a sudden, after like round eight, the picks just started coming off the board ten to fifteen seconds at a time. So what I probably should have done is kind of focus more on my own picks and less on who was coming off the board and during more coffee. Yeah, so I struggled a little bit with that. But that being said, you know, I'm the eternal optimist. You know, when I look at my team, I have some players that are gonna put up a lot of points. When you have a guys like Nicole and a Chain, those two guys could put up sixty five seventy points on a given a week combined just for those two players. So you know the stacking is going to be a problem. I know that that I don't have much of a stack. I do have Stafford Nkoua, Russell Wilson, Wandel Robinson, which I'm not even sure if that's st of the stack, but it was a good learning experience and listen, we're going to fight to the end and see what happens. I think where I went kind of in the wrong direction was in round eight. If you look in round eight, after I made what I thought was seven solid picks, I was kind of staring at my homes and saying, I feel like he's not the right pick. But I just couldn't wrap my arms at the time around Matthew Golden or at book would But I think I should have because if I would have gotten one of those two guys there, I could have gotten bo Nicks on the turn and that would have probably been a better fit for my team having Courtland Sutton.
Speaker 1: So we have Rob's draft up here. You can see it. He is from the eleven spot there. It's the one that starts off with Nikua Chan and Cook here. And you say that that you weren't like you would love this if this is a main event. I don't know, man, Like I guess I feel like you don't have maybe some of the multi multipliers, the bonuses, you know, the stacks and everything. But I feel like from a and I can't remember what we said about this team on Monday, but I think like from a team construction standpoint, I mean, I think you're good at quarterback. You're definitely good at at tight end. Like what you don't have in the elite tight ends you have in numbers. You drafted four of them. I think the running back corps is deep. I thought you got some solid receivers here. I mean, I do think that, Yeah, this isn't the most spectacular team in the world, but I definitely think it's competitive. I feel like you're selling yourself a little bit short on this one.
Speaker 2: I like this squad, Rob, Thank you. I appreciate that. That being said, you gotta be one out of twelve. So right, yes, that's that's where it becomes a strug. And I'm not interested in the socks, by the way, So so listen, anything could happen. You know, if my team stays completely healthy and I get through weeks twelve and fourteen, which are going to be tricky for me on the buys, you never know, maybe I can get out to a lead or something.
Speaker 1: You you mentioned the Agbuka pick and he went to Davis Maddock here at the nine to twelve as it were. And obviously with the Chris Godwin news that we found out that this guy had a second ankle procedure and it's allegedly just to clean up. But you know, we don't know how that's gonna go. And it certainly looks like Chris Godwin is not off to the start of the training camp and the preseason that he wanted and that the Buccaneers wanted. So we've seen Abuka go up. We saw Steven Irgalos who drafted and pross to Joe's Sunday Night. He just got done with the main events and I he said, Abuka went in the seventh round. There is there a sweet spot, rob right, now for you with like Buka, where where should he be going in FFPC drafts? Knowing what we know about Godwin, you know.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a tough one only because Book is a baller. I mean, he's an Ohio State guy. He's got the tools. If you look at Godwin last year, he was really going off until he got hurt. Like Ferrell mentioned, I'm not big on drafting guys that are injured ever, like guys got a hamstring, I put a line through him because hamstrings don't go away mentally or physically during the season.
Speaker 4: A lot of times.
Speaker 2: But you know, here's the thing. You know, you still have Evans, right, you still have Bucky, you still have at and you still have Godwin when he comes comes back. McMillan was good for them last year. So I think the key news here is that he's gonna get opportunity, right, So he has an opportunity to ball. Mayfield came out today and said maze about him, said he already knows most of the he could be plugged into any of the positions and listen to Buccaneers are going to be a real powerhouse on offense this year. They got a lot of talent, they're gonna put up points. That being said, you got to move them up, you know, maybe slightly ahead of you, Christian Kirks, and maybe even your.
Speaker 1: The guy on.
Speaker 2: Golden you know, in that range, like slightly above that range. So maybe seventh round, eighth round in that range, but definitely an upside guy now, especially if Godwin misses three four weeks.
Speaker 1: Speaking of rookies and Pharaoh, I'm gonna handle this next question. I'll let you talk about the favorite and least favorite picks for rob here. But noticing your team here from the eleven spot, no rookies drafted on the squad, and I don't know, maybe that had something to do with Davis Maddock at the twelve spot taking whatever it was, six of them or what have you, but no rookies. I'm just kind of curious. Do you think rookies tend to be overrated, that at this point of year, that that that we should be looking more towards the veterans or was this just Hey, I happened to just like a veteran better than every rookie on this board when it came time for me to pick.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to chalk this up to like mental stubbornness on my part. Like for me, you know, when I see like the Mahomes is the typical example, you know I've seen. I saw Golden play at Texas. He was really good. A lot of these other guys I've seen sporadically in college. But and I feel like it's a mistake. But I tend to lean towards what I know over what I don't know. And if you look at my team, I didn't draft any rookies and that wasn't on purpose. My goal was to try to take some risks. But I do have a bunch of younger guys on my team. There's a few second year guys. You know, I took some risks at the end, and we'll see what happens. I mean, when I looked at the draft, I could have my choice is when when it came to rookies in kind of that sweet spot, I don't like to go off of the board, so to speak. So when I have that you know, draft dominator up there and there's twenty to thirty guys on that list, I'm not going off that list because they know a lot more and they've done all the analytics and I like to pick who I want, but I also don't like to reach right. So if you look when I took when I took James Cook, I could have took Hampton, right, but I preferred James Cook over Hampton, the Golden over Mahomes that could have that. That's something I probably should have done. I should have taken the risk there, and then Loveland. He was available when I took John HU Smith. But two things about John OU Smith. One is I'm a Steeler fan, so I'm excited about him, and I don't typically draft like that.
Speaker 4: But John U.
Speaker 2: Smith carried my team in the second half of last year on the Dolphins when he was getting all, you know, a bunch of you know, eight catches a game. So I remember that and I took him. So I feel comfortable with with those decisions. I just wish, probably I wish I would have taken Golden though, and Nixt.
Speaker 1: Just to follow up on that on this, Rob, why do you like James Cook better than Omari and Hampton this season?
Speaker 2: So I don't think the contract situation is an issue at all. James Cook I thought was great last year. Omari and Hampton Listen, he's gonna get a lot of carries. He's gonna especially with nause with the eye injury from the fireworks.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's gonna catch passes Hampton. I'm not sure, you know, you know. I think he's gonna be kind of like a uh, mostly a running and a touchdown guy. And I think Cook has higher upside potential. Team.
Speaker 4: I see some upside. I tell you what I realized about your team. Okay, when I looked at it and realized there were no rookies over there is you're not a dynasty player? Am I correct about this? No, that's exactly what I said. Well, this guy doesn't play dynasty because that's what feeds all the draft movement of the rookies is our dynasty players. So you came to this format and looking at it, tell me somebody this. This is a fore runner to a question we all asked at the end of the show. But who don't you who wish you didn't have because you don't have any free agency, so you're stuck with you don't like them, You've got to learn to love. So But as it raced today, who do you not like? And who are you very excited about having, especially maybe some of the guys towards the end of the draft, so.
Speaker 2: You know, friar Mouth was kind of like a that was like a last second thing when I was struggling against the clock, honestly, So I don't love that pick, and especially that I have Smith too, but hopefully one of them will emerge. And I don't like the Mahomes pick. I've gone through that. The guys I do like is I love Marvin Harrison in the fourth round. I think he's a huge value. You can never call you first and second picks your your favorite picks, because everybody's first and second picks your favorite pick. But I do love a Chan and Nakoa and then Caughtland Sutton in the sixth round I think is a great value. And then late when I chose Dowdell and Quorum, especially Dawdell, I think he has a chance to emerge. Dawdle, he was good with the Cowboys last year. You know, Caroline is a wild card to be a better team this year. So if I get an injury there, you never know.
Speaker 4: So you're in love with a lot of guys over here. You're loving this team. Four nights later, we're still in line.
Speaker 1: It was mahomes Rob the least the least favorite one.
Speaker 2: For you, without a question, without question, you just could resist, though I wanted to wait another round, And then when I took him, I immediately popped in my head that I wasn't gonna be able to get any of the receivers that I wanted with him.
Speaker 4: And the fifteen seconds fifteen seconds was working on you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not There's no excuses, though, Listen, I should have been better prepared. I should have understood that the picks go off the board like that, So I hold myself accountable.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any excuses for the for the players that were listening in question six, Bunky, can you think of any you want to you want to go ahead and pop this one out there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just say this, like, I don't there there is a couple of kid Kentucky leagues I'm in right now where Quinn Shawn Judkins is still on the board and I haven't really phund like the sweet spot of when when's the right time to take him? So I'm battling with that right But even if I make up my mind, Rob that I'm not taking quin Shawn Judkins. I feel like, Okay, if I'm out on Judkins, I should be in on Ford. I should be in on Samson one or the other, maybe both, I don't know, But how are you? And I should say, how should f FPC players attack this Browns backfield knowing that Judkins was supposed to be the guy and now it looks like he may not be the guy for sure, He's not the guy right now, and then when the season starts, I mean, who knows.
Speaker 2: My big thing with running backs is I hate to take running backs on teams that I know are going to be bad unless they catch passes. So I would avoid the whole trio, you know. And the other thing about Sampson is Jerome Ford, when given opportunity, has been good, right. I mean it's it's strange you watch the guy and he doesn't look like much and then he's running fifty odds down the field, so I think he definitely gets the first shot. Judkins, I don't think we're going to see him at all. I think you know they're talking his story is Kareem Hunt like, and you know he the Browns aren't even signing them to a contract yet until this whole thing plays out. So you know, from an opportunity standpoint, Sampson might might get an opportunity, But I just don't think it's going to pan out to a lot of scores or a lot of fantasy points in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Interesting. Interesting, Let me ask you something, Yeah, Falk, he teased it earlier tonight. Dallas backfield seems awfully confusing. This is the fourth or fifth life of Miles Sanders down there. There has been a time when I thought Miles Sanders had number one running back play potential in the league. I'm curious about you know, when we talk about Dallas, we talk about Dak having his wonderful odd year correction Ceedee Lamb is a first round draft pick. People like to tie it end even though he was banged up and didn't find the end zone last year, and now the arrival of Pickens. But well, how how's all that going to come together in a passing game without a without a what I consider an NFL quality running game, And is Miles Sanders going to help that?
Speaker 2: So I feel like Miles Sanders is a one year wonder. He had that one year in Philly where he was solid. He didn't really catch any passes either. That year. He scored a lot of touchdowns. You know, he ran the ball well, but you guys touched on it earlier when you talked about Jaden Blue when you watched Texas last year. Jaden Blue was when he touched the ball, which wasn't often. He was a game breaker. And I would rather take a chance on a guy like Jayden Blue, even if you have to wait a little bit, because I think he ultimately gets on the field where Miles Sanders might get some opportunity early. But you know, it's kind of like that three odds in a cloud of dust. And I don't think Dallas is gonna give him. You know, seventeen eighteen carries a game. You know, Gavonte Williams is gonna get touches. So I don't I don't like Miles Sanders in any way. I would stay completely away from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, it's funny as I I just had to make a draft pick in one of the Kentucky rookie drafts, and while we were talking right now because I don't want to hold up the draft, and I considered Miles Sanders. This was a rookie free agent draft fifth round. You know, I'm like, okay, yeah, I can see his path where it could be successful. This year, I ended up taking Keaton Mitchell instead, just because if Henry were to go down, I think Mitchell's gonna play a big role in that backfield. So even with all those things considered, I still couldn't pull the trigger on Sanders understanding that maybe his pathway to the starting gig is quite a bit shorter than Keith Mitchell's is in Baltimore. I'm with you. I probably even in a twenty round draft, like it's it's difficult for me to say, hey, yeah, this is a good investment, you know, a fourteenth or fifteen, sixteenth round whatever pick, it would be.
Speaker 2: Some I'm sorry, some guys just even though they're not old, they feel old.
Speaker 1: He feels old and dust field old.
Speaker 2: He's lost, he's lost a stamp. He didn't last year, Like I don't even know if there were three or four good highlights of him last year on Carolina.
Speaker 1: So he he you know, injuries of sap some of his athleticism, and he just did turn twenty eight too, So it's not like I mean, in real life, he is not all that young anymore. He's getting up there, and I think they're you know, it's funny because I don't think anybody's drafting Miles Sanders because of who he is. They're drafting him because of this ambiguous backfield in Dallas and just trying to get a share of that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Whether that is off or not, I don't know, but I'm with you. I'm probably more often than not not drafting Sanders than drafting him. Colston Lovelin, he has this shoulder injury. Apparently he's recovered. The Bears are saying all the right things. Colston Lovelin's saying all the right things right now in the FFPC Big Gorilla Rob. If I look up here is Loveland? That is, if I look up Loveland's ADP tight end fourteen at the end of the ninth round, does that seem right to you? Is that? Is that a spot where you would look at him drafting him or would you let him go even further or maybe let somebody else take him?
Speaker 2: So, I this is a tough one because he's coming off surgery for an ac joint, I believe, which that's a painful injury. They drafted him tenth overall, so they might have kid gloves on him a little bit, But I think he has tremendous upside if he gets on the field right away. That's a big if, but uh, you know that's that could be. That could end up being a pretty dynamic offense too, if if things click, and obviously you have Ben Johnson. You know, you have to look at how the Lions used their tight end, which was very effectively. Also, but again, I'm not a guy that overdrafts guys that are injured, So to me, it would depend on what other tight ends was sitting there in the same range that he was sitting there, And if there's one that I like that's not injured, I'd probably lean in that direction. Maybe in a best Ball draft he might be worth it because maybe four or five weeks into the season he has higher upside than the other guys that you would draft ahead of him.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to think about that, Farrell. Have we talked about Loveland at all? Where do you fall in on us?
Speaker 4: I like him better earlier since he's shown up, I like him a little less. Perhaps I've got in to the hype the physicality side of it. I'm looking for a tight end. I'm looking for a young tight end that can break through of the fifty to sixty five catch log jam of tight ends that are currently in the league. Like we're just talking about Friarmuth, like I believe Goddard is, and I think Goddard is on the low end of that. So I really like some of the younger players coming in, like our out of Seattle that we talked about through the week, and and I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and look at him in preseason and see if he's healed. Uh, because because I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna search for that second tight end on a roster. It's gonna be a young guy that can outperform some of the the standard middle of the road production tight ends in the NFL. I thought it was Ferguson last year, Walky. That was because of injury situation. I ended up being wrong, and I don't think it was typical. It was just the injuries I think about it.
Speaker 1: I I want to, uh, Rob get to a couple of emails that we had from some viewer. Number one is from rich In McGregor, North Dakota, and he wrote in should Deebo Samuel be a priority target for his longest Terry McLaurin is holding out. Thank you so much for the email, Rich, We appreciate it. I'm you. This is a guy that you drafted uh In in your pros versus Joe's, and I don't know mean, was he more attractive to you because McLaurin had not Actually I didn't. I don't think we knew if he had reported yet at that point on Monday night. But does he become more attractive for your drafts now that we know mclaurin's not there and Samuel's building up this extra chemistry ostensibly as the number one receiver there with Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely that he didn't report, and it felt like he wasn't going to report, right. Certain guys, when you hear the news, you feel like they're gonna they're gonna show up. He feels like he's not going to show up and listen. Deebo. Fantasy wise, he's always been inconsistent, but he's so he's really talented. Washington had some trouble with fumbles last year in the playoffs with Eckler and things like that, so maybe they use him out of the backfield a little bit. But he listen, if McLaurin doesn't show up, clearly, his upside is a lot higher than if he if if he does show up, and he's a great player, So I like Samuel, I think he'll put up points this year too.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to bring up here from a second email or he robbed tonight. This is from George and brook Park, Ohio. He writes any thoughts on Elijah Mitchell running as the second running back for Kansas City good luck this season? That is George in brook Park, Ohio. Thank you for the email. George. Yeah, Elijah Mitchell behind Isaiah Pacheco. Right now, do we glean anything? I mean, there's a lot of people that were on Brichard Smith this year too, and obviously Kareem Hunt's still hanging around Chiefs running back situation. I feel like if you get it right rightly or wrongly, that's gonna set you up for fantasy success. Here, how are you handling it or going to be handling it in your drafts this year, Rob.
Speaker 2: That's a crowded backfield. For me, it's an avoid But if I had to pick one. You know Pacheco two years ago it was phenomenal. Then last year he looked like he was coming back from an injury the whole year, and every time he ran it just didn't look like the same player. If you see him and he looks effective in the preseason and he looks like he's got his his quickness back, then I would absolutely lean in his direction. Elijah Mitchell to me, is more of like a game breaker. I don't think he's the type of guy that's gonna get more than five or six carries in any game unless somebody, unless they really have major industry injuries, and I would think Hunt would be the next guy up if Pacheco has the number one spot. So I don't think I would go to Elijah Mitchell in almost any scenario. To me, he's a wave of wire pickup if somebody gets injured.
Speaker 4: You know, if somebody gets injured. Here we are camps or just start. Guys aren't really even in pads yet and we're talking about injuries. Injuries are such a big, big part of this. One of the guys in the chat room made a commentary is like he was a forty nine or forty nine ers are always hurt. We talked about on this show often that some of the the real stars behind the scenes of the NFL, there's certain training rooms you can get players ready to get back out and play. You know, this is this leveling kid, uh, you know with his ac joint. Uh, that's a very very tough injury for uh for players, they got it. They got to test it with contact. So we really don't know. And then you know, as you said, the mentality aspect of certain types of injuries can really change away of player plays. And this that's this guy's introduction to the NFL as he's coming off shoulder surgery. So you know, it's it's it's a lot to think about, and I think we're getting. The gift that we're getting is we can quit talking about it and start looking at it. You can start watching the players and uh, you can go to your trusted sources that comment what they're doing. But that would be if I was sending an email, be what I want to talk about, Bully, you got any more emails? It's all you, my friend, No way. Then that means you have to tell us, because look, you don't play dynasty. You stumbled along into this best ball, which would give me a thrill that you would win it. It would even give me a thrill if you want to socks. So what we've got a situation for you is you obviously shine in redrafts. So tell us who do you love and redraft and who can you not stand? Who can you not have on your team? And you've teased a couple of those so far, so you might have to dig deep to find a new name for us.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Rob, all right. So the guy that I think a lot of people like that I'm staying completely away from is for She Rice Like for she Rice to me, he's coming off a major injury. He's looking at a major suspension, and he's still getting drafted in the sixth round. You know things like that. That's crazy. I mean he might not see the field for the first six to eight weeks, and then when he comes back, he's an injured coming off an injury, and he's got you know Mahomes who throws the ball to a bunch of different people and they have good other receivers. So he's a no go for me. And then Christian McCaffrey, I just you know, he's he's you know, the end of the first round, beginning of the second round, and I recognize that there's always upside with him, but he's always injured and he's always questionable, and you never know whether he's going to play. And you know, I do this because I like to have my three or four main event teams not too many, so that I know I have a you know, a bunch of guys that I want to root for. I want to get excited on Sunday, and I hate when I have to go through my teams and the same guys are always questionable and it just just leads to stress and aggravation. So I'm bypassing McCaffrey all together, unless for some reason he fell into like the end of a second or the beginning of third round that you want.
Speaker 4: And I love that answer because you said something there that is illustrative to me and my conversations that I've had today. You're going to play your three and four main event teams and really enjoy them. Steve g who is in the chat room tonight, we say hello, and I had a wonderful conversation with him this afternoon. He probably signed up for three or four main event of teams tonight and that's the way he enjoys it. And we can both and you can't get that out of you know, the guy that only plays golf two or three times a year, he didn't really like them, you know. And the guy that plays thirty six holes a day, he's hiding from his wife or somebody more, something more serious, you know. So in what we do here, however you choose to participate, you're going to get something out of it. And that's fantasic. You love the football that comes into your home the way that you can consume it. And that's what I can't wait for is getting together with everyone at Paris Hotel and Casino on our viewing party Thursday night. But Balky, we got a Friday night viewing party or no, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: That is up in the air, Up in the air my personal opinion, and I don't want to hold the FFPC to anything. I believe it's going to happen, but nothing officially announced that we do have a Thursday night party for Cowboys Eagles Friday night. We'll see. Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Well, that's about as good a matchup as it gets.
Speaker 1: You know, Rob, you had me thinking about McCaffrey here, and I just want to point this out. And I've flip flopped and gone back and forth to McCaffrey. I've been on a couple of teams. I've avoided him on some other teams. Adam Hanolds also said if he had the one on one he would take McCaffrey at the one on one this year, regarding him being twenty nine years old, regarding him being beat up the last couple year, especially in twenty twenty four. There are seventeen San Francisco forty nine Ers games this year. Five of them are slated right now to kick off at one pm, which means the other twelve are slated for either primetime or late games Sunday night games, Monday night games. That can be problematic with a running back like McCaffrey, who you know, again, if you do believe he's going to be beat up, well, then you have to take that into account that you have to sort of dedicate an extra roster spot on your team each and every week to make sure that if McCaffrey can't go, you could put in Girndo, or if you don't have GIRNDO, that you have so many that you can play, and that could kind of throw your whole lineup out of whack. So that's something to consider too. If you want to be bullish on McCaffrey, make sure you're prepped for that. This year, did you announce did you give us a player that you really like this year? I know you gave us a couple that you don't like in Rice and McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: I love Marvin Harrison. But the other guy who I think is just going to ball out and I think he's probably gonna come close to leading the league in receptions as JSN, I think Jackson Smith and Jigba is just going to be a target monster. So I see him going I see him blowing up this year.
Speaker 1: Rob, you are a long time high stakes fantasy football player, dating back more than two decades. I want to give you the opportunity if we go back to the old w Coff days to talk about your worst fantasy football beat before you let you get out of here and enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate that. So I probably told everybody who listened to this story of this story, so now you guys are going to hear it. Two thousand and four w cooff. The old rules where when you played within the league, you had to still win the playoff to get into the championship racket. There was no automatic bid for the one in the two seats, so you had to have a good season, get into the final four, and then win different now which the rules now are much better, and everybody out there was a main event player. If you're true to yourself, you know when you legitimately have a chance to do well in the championship racket. Sometimes you have a team and you're just saying, get me through. I want to win the championship. I want to get my four or five grand and I'll just throw my team in there, and I know I'm not going to win, but there's a couple of times where you feel like, you know what, I got a shot. So two thousand and four I drafted a great team. I think my team was like nine and three. I go into the playoffs and probably around week nine I just randomly pick up Larry Johnson. I think at the time he was the third back. I think they had Charles and Priest Holmes and Charles had gotten hurt or whoever the number one back was, and then Priest Holmes got hurt and my great team turned into a team that I knew. I had a great chance to go very deep into the championship racket. I cruise in the first round. I get to the final Thanksgiving Days. I have Peyton Manning branded Stokeley in my lineup. Manning throws six touchdowns. He throws three to Stoke League. I'm off to a great start. We get to Sunday. The other guy's team heats up a little bit, but I'm still in great shape. Going to the four o'clock games, I had emmittt Smith third played the game. Emitt Smith hurts his toe and he's out for the game. So now I'm back in a gym. The game goes to Monday night. I'll never forget this. It's the Rams and the Packers in Green Bay. I have Tory Holt, who for the season had ninety four catches thirteen and seventy two yards and ten touchdowns. Wow, and the Packers are waxing the Rams. Going into the fourth quarter, I think they're up fourteen or seventeen points. Like the perfect scenario, I need one catch for eight yards from Tory Holt to win the game. Well, needless to say, there was no one catch eight yards from Tory Hult. He caught one ball, his foot was out of bounds. Another one hit him off the chest and he I never I lost the game. Now, back then, instead of going into the championship bracket, you went into the consolation bracket. I finished second in the consolation bracket out of the one hundred people that advanced. I would have finished third in the championship bracket. It cost me twenty seven thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you were not consoled because Tory Holt, Tory Holt and.
Speaker 2: And Mark Ball just threw for four hundred and forty eight yards in that game, and Tory Holt had fifty one yards with five cans.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, I had, you know, it's wild. So I brought up the box score, Rob that you're telling me about this game, and I'm looking at it right now, and obviously you're right. You know Holte five for fifty one, Isaac Bruce, no, no problem there, nine for one hundred and seventy. You would expect him to ball out. But Hope five for fifty one. Kevin Curtis had for sixty seven and McDonald's something called the Sean McDonald had six for seventy nine in that game. I mean, player, I just it's unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: As you mentioned to Hold, we have a player here in Kentucky, Trevor Holt. I think Trevor's taking this year off of fantasy football. It's it's sort of.
Speaker 1: A uh.
Speaker 4: Stress situation that is now just reacting over the fact that he lost the championship here in Kentucky bout two point three eight points and he had four receivers each that that and he had two he had four passes that two receivers if he had if they had caught them, would have won. He had two eagle receivers and four drops in the second half of that's terrible Jesus.
Speaker 2: By the way, in that game, Tory Holt did not have a catch from the six to forty five mark and the third quarter until the end of the game.
Speaker 1: And again and they were and they were getting wax.
Speaker 2: They're downe by like third perfect perfect scenario, you know, and.
Speaker 1: And stuff like when stuff like that happens to me, Rob where it's just like it's it's just an unbelievable situation. That plays out. I just say, like it was never meant to be, wash my hands of it, because that should never happen. But I'll tell you what should happen more often. Rob Thomasino on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, Guys, thank you so much, Thanks so much. Listen, good luck at pro Versus Joe's in the main event this year. Hopefully if you win the million bucks, that lets you forget about that nasty Tory Holt game from two thousand and four. Uh, and joy your weekend. Man, this was a treatment really coming on.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, really appreciate it. Have a great night.
Speaker 1: You do to say that is Rob Timas you know, three time FFPC Main Event League winner and pros Versus Joe's drafter. Will he win the pros Versus Joe's Challenge this year? Will he win his league? Will he win overall? I don't know.
Speaker 4: He'll be rookie free if he does.
Speaker 1: He will be rookie free if he does, and then Rob will set the standard next year. You want to win pros Versus Joe's.
Speaker 4: Don't draft for a rookies, you know, and I mean you talk about you just mentioned things that should not happened. You know, I there really shouldn't be baseball talk in the chat room.
Speaker 1: You know, I I listen. I know that Adam brought it up. Nick Kurtz just crushing it tonight, the rookie from from the A's. I couldn't help myself because now I got to tune in to it to find out what's going.
Speaker 4: On with Well, you just have a terrestrial radio show.
Speaker 1: I do, yes, yeah, exactly. I want to remind everybody if you are looking for some action, go to the Kentucky Fantasy Football State championshipsc dot com. We got main events going off both online and live in Louisville. There's still a couple of spots left in Cincinnati as well, but it's coming up fast. We're less than a month away from from cincinnatictually not Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and we're less than a month away from Louisville when we're drafting down in Kentucky. I'm very excited for that. Main events, the Sweet sixteen Best Ball Championship filling up as well. A couple of spots left in the Big Paybacks in Louisville too. A lot of stuff going on right now. Farrell Weckay, we're.
Speaker 4: Getting closed to sell out and some of our old friends that we haven't heard from typically and wait, you know, people go on vacations and I've just become aware that they have relatives that get married and things like this during the summer, and I just really, I just want everybody who to sort of tighten it up and not miss out because we are running out of some time slots. But we have a big online schedule and people from around the country and people that cannot get here for our amazing weekend August twenty second through twenty fourth. We'll make sure you don't miss this year completely because you're I'm sure everyone is making plans for the FFPC. They're at the Paris Hotel and Casino. But we'd love to see you first here and second in Las Vegas, Bucky. The excitement of joining you next week live for show is also unprecedent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna be doing the show live next week to where I don't know yet. I'm gonna let you know as soon as I know. I'm still trying to hammer stuff out because I know a couple of the acts that you represent. I looked at the schedules, and one of them, I think, ah God, it's either Kristen or Katie. I can't remember which one. But they're gonna be downtown at mcfleshman's Brewing Company literally ten minutes after we go off the air. So I want to find a place close by to there so we can. You know, it's very talful right over and check them out. Well, whether I'm in the crowd or not, those girls will sound right. Will so the other thing I want to bring up to and you would text me about this, I apologize I didn't get back to you. The big playback playing Bestball Draft with the KFFSC, I drew the four spot. You said, why don't you make your pick live on the air tonight, And I will, and I might surprise some people with this pick.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: One on one was Jamar Chase, the one on two is b Jon Robinson, the one O three is Justin Jefferson. This is non end premium. So I'm gonna go with another receiver here, Farrell. I'm not gonna take Gibbs. I'm not gonna take Barkley. I am taking Ceedee Lamb. Just made the pick right now and we'll see what happens there is. I build my squad at the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at kf f sc dot com. Pharrell, thank you so much man. We will talk with you on Sunday for pros Versus Joe's Number four.
Speaker 4: I'll be looking forward to a balky What time we're gonna get started on that.
Speaker 1: Starts at seven pm Eastern time?
Speaker 4: Early?
Speaker 1: All right, you're the man talking with you then see later. That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive commissioner of Fantasy Football, hanging out with us tonight. Yeah. Pros Versus Joe's rolls on on Sunday. That's when we will be live again. And I apologize, Parrel. I'm gonna big your back right now. I screw this up. It's seven pm, seven pm my time. It is eight pm Eastern eight pm. Yeah, it is early, but it's not as early as seven.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I'll see you then. Barrel Elliott will be joining me at eight o'clock for live pick by pick coverage this Sunday night of the Iron Maiden division of Pros Versus Joe's. The Joes include Brian Lindo and Jeff Cazmano. Albert and Kyle Leach, Petri and Larson, Brad Petro and Darren Larson will be drafting in there, Dennis and Stephen Jones, Billy Van Rmer, our good buddy is going to be drafting from the nine spot there, and then another good buddy of ours, Vince staff Alino, drafting from the eleven hole. The pros include Sigmund Bloom from Football Guys, Mauricio Gutierrez from Estavio Fantasy, Josh Hayes from Rotoballer, Dan Williamson, and Bradley Stalder from Player Profiler, the co host of the Stack Hunners program. They will be drafting as pros. Mike Leone, Mike Leoni excuse me from Established the Run, and of course Justin Boone from Yahoo. Those will be the twelve drafters this Sunday. Don't miss it at eight pm Eastern Time right here on the FFPC YouTube channel, the FFP Socials. I want to thank Rob thomasin O, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Brice, and of course each and every one of you in case you missed last night's Insider Access show this past Thursday on Better Sports Network and on the FFPC and BSN Socials. Ryan Kramer from the Sports Gambling Podcast and the Vegas Sports and Information Network joined us. He's also drafting in the pros Versus Joe's coming up this week. He and his co host Sean Green from Sports Gambling Podcast will be handling live FFPC draft coverage with Aidan McCory and Dave Tripoli this Wednesday as well, so you get it live draft coverage from them, and then of course this Thursday night we go live again on the Better Sports Network with live FFPC Bestball Tournament coverage. Farrell and I will be live next Friday covering a Big Gorilla draft, which you can register and sign up for. Now, if you're keeping track of this in your head and you're counting, you're like, wait a minute, that means there's pros Versus Joe Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Aiden Turp and the Sports Gambling guys on Wednesday for a live draft. He's doing a Best Ball Tournament draft on Thursday, and then Big Gorilla live draft coverage on Friday. Yeah, that's right, it's live draft coverage week. We're doing six days of live draft coverage every night except for Saturday. We will be covering a live draft, whether it be the Big Gorilla, whether it be Bestball Tournament, whether it be Main Event, whether it be Processes Joe's. We're covering a different FFPC format every single night next week except for Saturday, so check that out. It all begins Sunday, the FFPC Live Draft coverage week on the FFPC YouTube channel. It's gonna be awesome. The Big Gorilla Tournament the main event, the FFPC Best Ball and super Flex Bestball Tournament are ripe with entries available for you. Check that out. Remember Main Event early draft slots that you got to get the in by midnight Pacific time on Sunday night, so make sure your main event teams are squared away and then you will get your early draft slot or you'll get your draft slot for the main event early on August third, well ahead of many of your competitors. This year, Big Gorilla is crushing it right now. We got drafts going on. We a midnight draft coming up in forty five minutes with spots fill still available on that, so make sure you're registering for that and Dynasty startups also available at my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be Sunday night at eight pm for pros versus joes. Thanks so much for watching. Everybody, really appreciate each and every one of you. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of The Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my ffpc dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Balky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: You, sir, I want to piggyback on that, just to let everybody know that the midnight draft is now sold out. We filled that up tonight, so there are no more options for you tonight to draft in the Big Gorilla. However, you won't have to wait long. Get a good night's sleep tonight, go to bed, because we got Big Gorilla drafts kicking off at eleven am Eastern time tomorrow morning. You can draft at eleven, one, four, seven, eight thirty ten, and midnight. That is all tomorrow for the Big Gorilla Course main events going on tomorrow as well as the Best Ball Tournament. It is drafting season. This is our last show of July of twenty twenty five for our Friday Night edition, and you just don't have any excuses anymore. Adam Han pointed this out in the chat less than a week until we get real NFL preseason football going on, as Penny Lane from Almost Famous says, it's all happening, and it's all happening at the FFPC register now MYFFPC dot com. Thanks for watching, everybody really appreciate it.