Speaker 1: You were listening to the Age of Transitions. I'm your host, Aaron Franz, coming at you live this Friday night, August second, twenty twenty four. Live every Friday night from the facilities of oceelly dot com ten pm to midnight Eastern Standard Time. First hour the Age of Transition. Second hour, it morphs into Uncle the broadcast. Thank you for listening live or in podcast format. Really appreciate that. Please do consider going to o'helly dot com and giving a donation to keep the network going. Chuck always needs help with that, so any help there is greatly appreciated. Can also go to my website to support me in this show directly. That's Theageotransitions dot com.
Speaker 2: Best way to.
Speaker 1: Support is probably the book Revolve Man Scientific Rise to Godhood. I have that in paperback and ebook copies. Also have the Patreon campaign. Thank you everybody there for helping out and making this show possible. Have t shirts for the Age of Transitions and Uncle the podcast, and we have the affiliate links. If you're thinking about making your own podcast, you can use promo code Fronds to get two months of libs and for free. Libsen is a nice convenient to quality podcast hosting service. I've been using it for years, still use it. Very handy, easy to get a podcast up and running and keep it going and get it out onto all the places you want to put it, publish it to makes it very simple promo code fronds there also have the bookshop dot org affiliate links. If you click on the side of my site to the bookshe dot org link, anything that you buy there, I'll get a small amount back for referring you, So do just if you're ever buying books online, click through that, and you will be helping this show out in the process. The book link honestly hasn't been doing too well as of late, and I'm not too surprised. Honestly, the bookshop dot orglink haven't been making huge returns on that, let's say, but it's no surprise because this online world of independent media that I'm creating and the world that is. Again I always hate labeling this, but if we're delving into conspiracy theory, ideas or anything truly alternative, fringe, even anything that challenges the mainstream for in that sphere, things have changed over the years a bit. I remember when I first got into this in the mid two thousands, it was a different place, and there was this almost intellectual sort of side to the thing, where you would have a lot of people who were popular mentioning book titles. There'd be lots of like books recommended, like, oh yeah, here, here's a topic we're speaking to. This is something you know that's of interest to our peer group. Right, here's an idea that's interesting if you want to learn about it. Here's a really good book that you could read.
Speaker 2: And here you know, you can find it all over online, or if you happen to find.
Speaker 1: It, by it and you will be edifying yourself. There was an autodidactic quality to the movement back in those days, and I would say as time has gone on, that has further and further diminished, to the point where I don't know if anybody reads books anymore. I don't see anybody really recommending books. Maybe there's some little special interest group on Twitter. Maybe there's a book Twitter, maybe there's conspiracy book Twitter. I mean, I guess I see a couple people in there recommend it, but it doesn't seem like it's the same. And maybe that's me. Maybe I'm missing something, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There to be sure, there is an anti intellectual bent to a lot of this stuff. The alternative space these days. I mean, there's so much of what's come in to fill the void of this alternative discourse we're supposed to be having with one another. What seems to have risen to prominence is this meme language, where we're using memes people are putting, they're creating, they're posting, they're reposting memes on social.
Speaker 2: Media, and.
Speaker 1: That's grown to such an extent that it's become I mean, memes have become a language, unto themselves, a really bizarre one that I have difficulty myself interpreting, which is something I'm actually happy about. I don't think I really want to understand these things. They have an esthetic quality that I want to say is purposely grotesque more often than not, Like the imagery is just disgusting, not in that it's like depicting like gross things or anything like that, nothing like particularly even gross, but just the style of art. Mentioned this before, it's just like the drawings are like the worst drawings you've ever seen, and they're reused over and over. The woe Jacks, right, whatever, those guys with the scraggly facial hair. They're pointing backwards and they're screaming. I don't know what those guys are those will Jacks too, Maybe they are. I guess they are. But you know, you see the same things over and over in these so they become icons and this kind of it's emojis kind of fit into the same sort of There's this weird visual language that has appeared in the digital space that we all live in. Now, it's emerging, and it really is a language unto itself, this bizarre imagery, and I don't like it. I think it If you want to tie it to the concept of linguistic minimalism, I think you definitely can. Is it being done on purpose?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe to what extent I have no idea. But is it just disturbing? Yes? Is it decaying our minds? I think so. Are these things being used for propaganda? Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Once again, the discourse, the alternative discourse, if you can't even call it, that is just meme warfare. It's just a bunch of online propaganda. It's dueling propaganda. Narratives is what the whole thing has become. So everybody's engaging in this meme warfare never really knowing who you're fighting against. You never see the enemy, right, It's just interesting. So that lends itself to all sorts of obfuscation as to sources on these things. That's a huge problem. I mean, this is the new realm of warfare and intelligence, intelligence gathering understanding.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you all out there that are a part of this. I hope you're at least somewhat consciously aware of all this. You probably aren't, and that's probably part of the idea. Too interesting how that works out, isn't it. But that's just more of the same. We're in the midst of all of this. And I was going into detail on the last show about Project twenty twenty five about Donald Trump and company, because I would say the company that is MAGA is now usurped Donald Trump. I think that was the main point I was trying to make on last week's show. I definitely very much believe that. I think that's proving itself to be true as time goes on, it will continue to do so. The Trump assassination attempt still noteworthy, still going to be used in that met warfare online. You better believe it has been. But that's no surprise anything. MAGA has everything to do with memes and meme warfare and all this online insanity, this schizophrenic soup that we consume when we're on social media. And that's how he won in twenty sixteen. He won by exploiting all that stuff. He was able to do that, he and his campaign were able to exploit this new language, this new discourse, this new propaganda matrix was exploited by that, and that's how he popped up in twenty sixteen. And I've said this before and I still believe it. I don't think he was trying to win in twenty sixteen. I think he's just using the campaign to get more attention to himself his brand that hey, look I ran for president. And I think, really my belief still is that what he was going for him and his buddies like Alex Jones and the alternative because he had buddied up to that whole scene. That's how he rose the prominence again. He wrote this whole alternative media, countercultural conspiracy laden cultural force to the White House, which I think was a surprise to everybody. I do believe that I think what the idea was initially was like he was coosing up with Alex Jones and all these people there, and he was using all those ideas and what they could have done. Had he lost in twenty sixteen, it would have been perfect. Actually, he could have just periodically come back on Alex Jones' show and things like this and been like, oh, yeah, I lost, boy, it's too bad that, you know, and he could have done whole Stone election and thing. Yeah, they you know, they were never going to let me win, but you know, that's how crooked politics work. They're never going to let somebody like me have a fair share. And well, you know, and then you know that's part of the narrative. It's like the system is crooked, it's rigged against us. If I were in there, I would be a savior and I would be able to fix all this stuff and we could install this system that we want, which is never described by the way, this ideal system that if we're going to usurp our controllers, what are we going to replace it with. Well, the beauty in that situation had Trump lost and remains an outlier on the fringes, is it doesn't have to be anything you can. All you have to do is just talk about it. And then that's your brand, right, that's what you're doing, that's what you're selling, that's what you're a part of. It's like, oh, yeah, yeah, the country would be saved, but oh, it can't be because they don't let me win. Oh well, but then he did win, and things changed dramatically.
Speaker 2: Nobody saw it coming.
Speaker 1: And I swear like when he gave his acceptance speech on that night that they called the election, he looked surprised. He really did. I don't think he expected to win. And he said stuff that it seems even a typical of him if you go back and you look at that. He said something about Hillary, like something about Hillary how she definitely wanted to win more than him, and he kind of alluded to like he couldn't believe that this happened and that she lost.
Speaker 2: Very odd.
Speaker 1: I just remember that whole thing being really odd, being off.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: We know history, right, we know where we're at, we know what happened. He made it. He made it into my house for four years, but then they kicked him out. The election was still in the next time, he's doing all that Okay, Look, I was a threat and they had the only way they could win was to steal it up. Ah, but we know the story. We know where we're at today. We get it very fun. It's been a great time, and it just it doesn't stop, does it. We have to, we have to be continually, relentlessly bombarded with this because it is our reality.
Speaker 2: This is what happened.
Speaker 1: So yes, Maga. Of course, the big news one piece of big news. In the immediate wake of the assassination attempt, you had the Democratic Party deciding to drop Biden as their guy and install his vice president into the seat of Kamala Harris is now the presidential nominee. So they switched that up, and we all know that's straight too. I'm not going to spend a lot of time explaining that I don't have to, but that happened, and clearly the entire Trump campaign did not want that to happen.
Speaker 2: That's clear enough.
Speaker 1: If anybody's going to dispute that, I don't know why, because it's pretty clear that they're not happy about that. They'd much rather go up against Joe Biden, which they had their strategy set out. And Trump even was like we had this all ready to go. This isn't fair. Yeah, he's saying like, oh look it's unfair. How can they do this? Like we had this campaign, the money was going to him, blah blah da da da da, and it all boils down. It's like, hey, look, we we don't want this happen. We knew that we could beat Joe Biden. They were going to beat Joe Biden. This switches things up. It caught him off guard. I think legitimately it did.
Speaker 2: I really do think that. I'm sure that.
Speaker 1: The campaign saw this coming, like they knew that it was, if not a possibility, that it was likely to happen.
Speaker 2: But still they didn't want it to happen.
Speaker 1: And so we're in this situation now, and as I was saying on last week's show, Trump is not in a good spot because he's aging.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: His whole strategy against mine was like, look at that old guy, that, uh, that's clearly senile, right. That was the entire strategy basically revolved around that basic concept with Biden, it's like he's old and incoherent. That was the Trump strategy. And now Trump has morphed into the old, incoherent guy and that becomes more and more clear as each day goes on. He's not only like out of his mind as he has been always, he likely has dementia and yes, diminishing. His mental acuity is getting worse by the day. So it seems in his own and it's it's entertaining because it's his own style of speaking, and you know, we're all familiar with his style, right, we get that mixed with him literally losing his mind, and so that's a problem. That's a problem to him, that's a problem to his campaign, that's a problem to MEA he has worked up to this point as a perfect symbol. He as the cult of personality of Maga as the figurehead of it. Has worked fine up until this point. It has worked way better than anybody thought it even would. Again, with the twenty sixteen him winning, I don't think anybody really. I'm sure there are people that believes, like, oh, yeah, we're gonna win, We're gonna win it. But there was still that surprise elements like oh, we actually did this, so let's keep rolling with it, and the celebration of Trump as the guy who is actually able to pull that feet off. It was a feet it definitely was. It will remain that so impressive in all the wrong ways, but impressive nonetheless. But he's not impressive anymore. Him and his horrible the p pick of JD Vance, which nobody likes. They have problems in terms of electability, they really do. I do believe that now, whatever happens in these months coming up to November, we have no idea because you know, as each passing week has some insane twist and turns, so we don't know what's going to happen there first of all. But as things stand at the moment, it's not looking good for the Trump campaign.
Speaker 2: It really is not.
Speaker 1: And I do stand by this. I think Trump himself has become a liability to the campaign. There's that whole side to it. That last tw week, once again I was speaking two of the that keeps coming up in the Alex Jones sphere. He keeps pushing this idea that the Deep State's going to take Trump out, that they have assassination plans from it. He keeps pushing that narrative, which is horrifying, it really is, but he keeps doing it. If I were Trump, I mean this would put me on edge hearing this. I would like to know what he actually thinks about that, if he's able to think at all at this point. Pretty wild. I mean, he keeps pushing an idea that they're coming after him. He's gonna get assassinated. My concepts that it would be actually better to his own campaign if he were to be taken out, so to speak, that it would be better to his own campaign than it would be to the Democratic campaign of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: I still believe that. I stand behind that.
Speaker 1: I believe that because he's much better as the risen Savior as you know, as you know his incarnation of the Christian idea where he actually is killed by the Romans once again and ascends to back to the Father so to speak. Right, that would work out very well. They would be I'm sure they have all sorts of people to stand in there in his place that can actually talk to be able to get someone that's charismatic and that people actually like and that people actually vote for.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what their plan is. Does nuts?
Speaker 1: I really don't care, but I'm sure they could do better than him at this point, which sounds odd, I know, but there you have it. And there's a whole lot of violence surrounding this entire election, which there has been around this entire electoral process for years now. There's violence swirling around and everybody blaming the other side, the Democrats pointing a finger at the Republicans, the Republicans pointing a finger at the Democrats. We know the stories, we know the narratives, we know why each side is evil. You've heard it all before. I don't think I even want to repeat any of it, but you know, Charlottesville, let's just note that Charlottesville was a shining example of that phenomenon where the left is point at the right, the right's point at the left. I think if you look back at that, that was a real defining moment in our history, our recent history. Right there, that's a big deal. Continues to be a big deal, and the shock waves of that are echoing to this day. To be sure, that's said a lot of things in motion, and we're still on that track, that violent, dangerous track where some Americans are actually getting the idea that violence is a good, good thing that's necessary in order to get the change, the governmental change that's necessary. At this point, there's more and more people. There's always news stories about polls they do about this, which you know, you got to kind of take with a grain of salt any poll first of all.
Speaker 2: But still.
Speaker 1: I do believe that that general concept is happening, that the idea that people getting excited about the concept of political violence that is happening in America, which is very unsettling, horrifying. But back to the people and the powers behind the Donald Trump campaign for presidential campaign behind MAGA, the Project twenty twenty five set, it's very interesting as well that the Democratic Party is actually pushing Project twenty twenty five out into the light, into the news. Has become a real issue, or it's become a real campaign problem for the Trump campaign now because the Democrats are actually putting it out there. I'm surprised that they're actually able to do this, And frankly, thinking about this, I'm i assume that they probably have help from some aspect of the intelligence community or maybe even like aspects of the dj or something that are feeding them the Democratic presidential campaign that is feeding them information like hey, look, this is what's happening behind the scenes, and it's getting serious, and it's serious to the point where they actually decide to mention it by name. And yeah, I just assume that the Democrats are getting that kind of help. Now the Republicans, what kind of help are they getting? We won't touch that now, but we know we know foreign governments.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's also say briefly, but also in addition to that, this Heritage Foundation is still big and it's it's the meeting point for all of these other organizations which we've mentioned ones in the past, that things like the Turning Point USA and all those related organizations that are you know, just different fractals of the same mega scene coming together under this umbrella organization and Project twenty twenty five the Heritage Foundation and everybody over there now because it's become part of the campaign and a political burden to Trump. Absolutely, he keeps getting questioned about it. He doesn't have good answers other than I have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 1: Trump this past week was at the farm Show Arena in Harrisburg, which I am well familiar with the venue. I used to go there to the actual farm show every year. My parents would take me and my brother there every year and go to the farm show, which is a lot of fun. You know, I got to sit on like tractors and combines and stuff. I used to love doing that as a kid. And they had really good food there. You could go see animals or these crazy chickens that you can go see the chicken, you can see the pigs, you can see the cows. And then there is the there's the butter sculpture every year.
Speaker 2: So that's the farm show.
Speaker 1: Arena is where Trump had his rally, a big rally, the first one since the assassination attempt, the first time he's been back to Pennsylvania for a rally since. There then in Harrisburg in the main auditorium area where they have all sorts of events that they have dirt on the floor, and then there's a it's an arena where you sit in stadium seating. The the rally was funny because on TV you could see some Amish folks sitting in the crowd behind Trump, which was incredibly apropos and it made me it reminded me of home, and that's where I'm from, so I'm just saying that. But anyway, at that rally, though I don't think it was at that rally, but that was interesting. Nonetheless, the twenty twenty five. The Project twenty twenty five thing, if I remember, was at the convention that was on the same day that he was in Pennsylvania. He was also in Chicago at the even more famous event where it's the Black Journalist Convention. I can't remember the name of it exactly, but it was their panel where they're having a panel discussion asking Trump questions, and he was saying all kinds of off the wall stuff there. And I did not see this, but my wife described it to me, which is kind of say, a little bit shaky. She tends to embellish things sometimes, but as her story calls, they were asking Trump about Project twenty twenty five, and she said that his people kind of waved him off the stage because he didn't even want him to answer it. So that's my understanding of what happened. I'm not exactly sure if that's how it happened. But nonetheless, this is an issue that the Trump campaign does not want to have to address. They don't want to have to go there because it is serious. It's the whole it is the whole point behind this campaign. That Project it really is and once again the fact that it's actually out there and that the Democrats have actually launched onto this is surprising, surprise they are able to actually be competent that way. But you can tell that Trump is not supposed to. He doesn't want to address this. This is politically a burden to him. And also happening this past week, he actually let's see here this piece of news I'll click on this now. Is the headline is from this from CNN. Headline is Project twenty twenty five director steps down amid backlash from Trump. So this is what has happened. This is from Tuesday, July thirtieth. Let's just read this first part of this to get the idea. The director of Project twenty twenty five, the conservative blueprint for a potential second Donald Trump term, has stepped down amid intense criticism, including from the former President. Paul Dans, a former top advisor in Trump's administration, steered Project twenty twenty five as it carved a leading role in shaping discourse around what conservatives dreamed they could accomplish it Republicans won back to the White House. While a source with knowledge of the planning said Project twenty twenty five would be effectively ending its policy operations. Others familiar with the matter noted that it was always a plan to move on to the next phase now and efforts to build a conservative personnel apparatus would continue, which they will. This is me talking again. They will Project twenty twenty five knock gone again. This is a world of figureheads. This political world is like, oh Project twenty twenty five, who haads that Paul Dan's Oh, well, he got fired. That means Prodert's son. That's what they're banking on here. It's just the whole MAGA crew is like, Okay, this is a political problem. Fire somebody so that everybody thinks it's gone. This guy took the heat, took the fall. I'm sure he's gonna be fine anyway. He won't go somewhere else. If Trump were to win, he'd probably get an appointment somewhere, if not in the cabinet of the actual Trump administration, then somewhere in government he'd be. He'd be doing just fine. But from now he's out of the picture. Paul Dance. Uh, but you can see what's going on here is that they're uh playing these political games to try to opt escape the fact that this thing is still there very fascinating that Kevin Roberts didn't go down the cowboy catholic yeehaw, giddy up. He's still riding his host to victory, still riding away, rustling up. Dogies were owning the Libs. So they didn't take him out, did they? Fascinating this Paul Dan's guy. Not that he wasn't a big deal too, but still and Roberts I did want to make a little point on him, and a bit to go back from all the politicizing of this whole, all the campaigning, the political stunts, the tricks, the public narratives, the narrative warfare going on in these between these presidential campaigns, first of all, the meme narrative propaganda warfare going on online. There is a whole other aspect of this. But then there is there is the aspect of the alternative realm that seems as though it's been lost. As talking about the head of the show here, the autodidactic intellectual side, where we're reading books to learn about topics. It seems like that's waned right, but it hasn't completely gone away, because books are being written about these topics and why didn't you know it Kevin Roberts himself has a book coming out. It's about to come out, as I understand, and the title alone symbolically says a lot, a lot. There's a lot going on with that. So we'll just start right there. What is the title, it's mister Roberts book. Well, fascinating that the title has changed. The initial title is no more. It has been edited for the same reason that Dan's was fired, for the same reason that they're trying to downplay Project twenty twenty five. It's for the political purposes of the Trump campaign.
Speaker 2: To sort of.
Speaker 1: De escalate the moment that we're in. It's like, hey, we're not as crazy as you thought. That Project twenty twenty five isn't even a thing. We're not violent, we don't we're not crazy. We don't want to cause problems. We just want Trump to win the presidency. It's going to be good and that's it. We want lower gas prices like everybody else.
Speaker 2: It's just about that.
Speaker 1: That's all They want the general electorate to believe that if they vote Donald Trump in the gas prices at a hotel, that's all.
Speaker 2: They need to know.
Speaker 1: So keep the level of discourse there so that the public hears nothing more, at least the Trump target voter. It's all they are supposed to know. We're on a need to know basis in the society. If you knew that, we most certainly are. We are expected to be ignorant. We are supposed to be dumbed down because it's suits the powers that be, whoever that happens to be at any given moment, they do want to stumb down. But they're writing books. Kevin Roberts book. What do you ask was that first title that's been dropped? The first title to mister Roberts book was Don's Early Light Burning down Washington to save America, so highly symbolic. First of all, Don's Early Light the main title, and then the rest of it subtitle Don's Early Light, New Day, downing the sun fire the light of day. If anybody familiar with Jordan Maxwell, which I bet most people listening to this, or a lot of people listening to this certainly are, we remember him giving great explanations as to the symbolism of the sun and of the dawn on the dawning of the day, the new day. Think back to that. If we can remember that, it's very important it's being referenced in this title, all of that symbology of the coming of a new day, a new dawn. It's the awe inspiring coming of the light of our world, bringing light to the darkness, all of that stuff. There's so many different directions you can go. That's the title, and the subtitle adds an interesting twist to that concept, being burning down Washington to save America. So again, along with this sun symbology, you get a direct fire reference. The sun is the flame, heat, fire, all of that, the element of fire symbolized by the sun. We all know this. But burning down Washington, if we're to take that at the completely esoteric level, not even go with the esoteric, we can see that it's a violent concept. It's a violent and revolutionary concept. It's like the establishment that we are up against. That's the enemy, right, the established order of things is the enemy of maga. It's so bad that we have been pushed to this place where we have to they have to use violence to overthrow it. That is the very essence of the revolutionary faith, and fire being a very huge symbol in that fire and the concept of burning down the old so that the new may grow up out of that, out of the ashes of the new rises, the ashes of the old rises, the new better order of things, all of that and yes, very violent, very revolutionary. But it makes sense that they're playing with that revolutionary idea because they're always hearkening back to the Revolutionary War, the founders right there. All they can't get enough of the founders and the founding of this country, that whole historical era. They have used this consistently and definitely invoking that once again, that revolutionary moment in our history that bore our nation right, it was born out of revolution. They keep acting as though they are the heirs to that revolutionary cause that has to be reignited now and burned down. The crooked old establishment that would be a kin is like the British king right, that's the current Washington establishment, the deep state, the enemies which are all Democrats, right, they have to be burned down so that this new thing can rise up.
Speaker 2: Highly symbolic.
Speaker 1: I'm reminded of a book that I actually hold in my hand now, Fire in the Minds of Men, by James H.
Speaker 2: Billington.
Speaker 1: This was recommended to me by none other than Jordan Maxwell. I already mentioned earlier. I got the idea to pick up this book from him initially, and I have it and I've read it. This book has a subtitle too. The subtitle is Origins of the Revolutionary Faith, Origins of It, and Billington goes into great detail about just that the revolutionary faith in this book. How many pages is this? It's oh my god, it's more than I even remembered. I'm here in a bibliography. It's like four hundred pages at least. Let's see, I think it's like four hundred, five hundred. Yeah, like it's like four eighty or something. It's nearly five hundred pages. And let me tell you, each page is an effort to get through because there's a lot of type on each page.
Speaker 2: Huge book.
Speaker 1: Gets into the symbology of revolution, gets into the history of the revolution concepts, but also the actual history of revolutions like the American Revolution, the French Revolution, so many historical figures involved in it.
Speaker 2: Pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: So I would say that is definitely we can see the corollary between that and Robert's new book. So the first title, the first before it was edited to the new working to what will be the actual title, could call The Burning down Washington to Save America. The working title. I don't think they planned to change it until they realized they had to.
Speaker 2: They realized it was.
Speaker 1: A little too violent, too hot for TV, not ready for prime time, dial it back and notch right. So the new title, I haven't read here.
Speaker 2: What's the new one? Oh? Here we go.
Speaker 1: So the new title of the book is Don's Early Light, Taking Back Washington to save America, taking it back.
Speaker 2: Don't have to burn it down anymore. They're going to take it back. That's all.
Speaker 1: Take it back from who who's taking it back? I mean, we can even get into that. But they're not burning everything down.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Apparently the book cover was going to feature a match, a lit match on the cover too, so you one of the iconography of fire, with the concept of burning down the established order. They wanted that on the cover, but realized they couldn't go that far. I don't know what the cover's gonna be now. It's probably gonna be boring. It's probably gonna be like plain red with white typography. You know, all those stupid books have the same covers, Like big type is the most boring thing you ever seen in your life. But that's book cover a design one oh one. That's it's all. It's not as bad as meme imagery, but it's another thing that esthetically I really don't care for. But whatever, publishing is dead anyway. The only interesting things we get are horrible publications and books like this every now and again, which are useful and instructive just for their current historical significance.
Speaker 2: That Kevin Roberts is writing.
Speaker 1: A book and that the title change and what he's getting at obviously, it's pretty obvious what he's saying. You know, and you, I mean, read the book and I can tell what the idea is. It's the same thing that we've been hearing this whole time. This feeds right into it. So is it useful that's being published? Yes, I would say it is kind of Is it good that he chose to publish this book? I would actually argue, yes, that this is being put put out there. It's like, look, they're telling you in plain and symbolic english. If we're able to, you know, cognitively, we're able to even pick that kind of stuff apart. At this point, I have my doubts, but a couple of us may still have the capacity to do.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: So it's useful for those handful of us that can actually use our brains still and be like, okay, here, it is more just putting it out there. And of course jd Vance writes the forward to the book, and that's been another thing in the news that he's getting in trouble for, which he should get in trouble for. H I'll just read the title of a was it a headline, I'll read one of the headlines for that. I'm not even gonna click on it. I'm not gonna read the article. I'm just gonna do the headline. It says it's telling you read JD Vance's violent forward to Project twenty twenty five, leader's new book, and so you know they have it there.
Speaker 2: Okay, they got me on your click on it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see if I'm gonna see if I can pull something out of this, because there's a couple quotes where he's saying, you know, calling for violence, which of course he can deny and they will deny it to the end of it. We're not being violent. We're not calling for violence. Your entire book title is. But okay, fine, just go ahead and pretend like you're not h I think if I remember vance and the stupid forwards, something like you get your pitchforks out, we're gonna go take back town. Something that's that's a paraphrase at best. I don't remember, but something about giving us ambient something like that. Oh, it's something about ammunition and muskets. If I recall, if my memory is good enough, JD. Van says something like Roberts has given us ammunition we can put in our muskets again, which is a reference back to the Revolutionary War period. They know that they're doing that. They do that over and over. The answer to nineteen eighty four is seventeen seventy six. Right, all this stupid sloganeering we've been force fed for decades now, building on that. It's been a building narrative this whole time. We've made it to this point. How much further can they push it? How far can they go? Can they start a new civil war? These are the kooks that want to start one. These are the idiots that are actually pushing for this, and they're trying to get us again, the dumb down public, their supporters to go along with this stupidity. They want us on board with the concept that we need they're not only invoking the revolutionary war, they're invoking the horrors of the civil war. They bring that up as if it's a good thing, like that's something we need to do again. We need a civil war, which will also be a revolutionary war. So those two huge early period American wars that are the most famous wars in American history, really of American history, we need to bring those back and sort of blend them together. We need a new revolution that's also a civil war, because what we're doing is we're fighting all the bad elements in the country because half the country has lost their way to the deep state. They're victims of the deep state and doing the will of Satan. And so at this point to have a civil war to fight against Satan and his legion of evil is only a good thing. And when we burn every thing down, it's good. When they burn down cities and destroy the nation. Like in the wake of George Floyd and all that, when the Democrats and the Liberals did all that, it was just the worst thing ever in society was crumbling. That was just awful. There were like a couple fires. Maybe that was just the worst thing. But when we do this, it's good. When we talk about burning the whole of the entire system down and making a new one, that's a good thing. That's what's going on. That's what they're trying to sell you. I don't know if you're buying it. I sure hope not. I'm not. I'm not even here trying to tell you to vote for Kamala Harris or anything like that. I do think you could step back from these two campaigns and say about them.
Speaker 2: I'll just do this right now.
Speaker 1: I think the Democrat campaign's probably getting information from the American intelligence apparatus and using it in hopes of preserving the established American system of government. I think they're probably doing that. And I think the Republican campaign is probably getting assistance from the Russian government in order to what to so chaos and confusion in their rival nation, which they have a vested interest in seeing being weakened.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: I think some degree of that is true. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't sit here and claim I know all the details on that, but I think generally, I think that's what's going on, and I can hear you out there now it's like, well, how the hell am I supposed to pick a side between that? And I'm not telling you who to pick or what, or that either side is perfect or good or anything like that. But I have to say this, this revolutionary concept that has been building for decades again in this alternative world which I have been a part of, and I've seen lots of different aspects of it, I do not like it one bit. I do not like it. I no longer do I trust it at all what I owe to. I despise it now, I really do. And it is a big problem, and I refuse to do anything that will cater to it. I will not do it. I will not do it. So I hope people aren't falling for that, this revolutionary.
Speaker 2: War mongering. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: They're war mongering domestically, domestically they want to They're selling the seeds of domestic unrest. How can how what about that is good? How does that help our country? Us fighting and killing each other, bringing back a civil war that's also a revolutionary war. We can argue that the revolutionary war was good because it created this nation. And you know that the British Empire was unjust and that we've we've separated ourselves from them, and that was a good thing. Okay, get on board with that, But that this civil war was at all good and not just an abject horror, right well, And to say that we in any way want to do that again is utter madness, absolute insanity. Price can't believe that anybody's even entertaining that kind of idea.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: So how can you not call out people that are doing this, that are egging this on.
Speaker 2: It's completely unconscionable.
Speaker 1: That's putting it. I mean, that's putting it. It's the biggest understatement I think I could even utter, and yet I'm doing it. I'm trying to be relaxed and calm headed about all this, but it's not very relaxing concept. It's unsettling. You should be unsettled by this, even the prospect that any of this insanity could happen, the fact that people want it to happen. It's despicable. It's absolutely despicable. What do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There is a symbolic aspect to it as well, which I was pointing out with the book titles. Even when we talk about the revolutionary war, and we hearken back to that when we try to put words in the mouths of the founding fathers of our country and say they wanted this, they wanted this, they did that, they did this, they were Christians, they were this, they were that.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: So many times it's just patently false as well. They weren't all Christians, clearly. Take a quick look at things, and doesn't take long to notice that. If you want to take a more nuanced approach, which I know nobody does, and actually look and see different members of the Revolutionary Act back in those days who could be named founding fathers, to look at any individual one an interesting thing, and they're all different. They had lots of interesting ideas about interesting theological ideas, to say the least right. And they weren't all Christian somewhere, sure, but not all of them. Was it a free Masonic thing going on? Absolutely? Yes, Does that mean it's Christian? No, that's a complex thing's going on. But it's too much in the world of me warfare to try to see the nuance in anything. It's all just about immediate propaganda, narrative spinning that's at the same time incoherent and turns our brains into mush where nothing really means anything anymore. So it's very abrasive, very hard hitting, trying to drive a specific point home well at the same time being so incoherent and weird and nebulous that we lose a lot of critical thinking. I do believe, I think that this is how it works. The question of how intentional this all is and who's using this to cripple our minds, who may be doing that, that's a difficult question that I can't pretend to have all the answers to. But to say that this hasn't diminished us intellectual I think that would be wrong. To say, I absolutely believe that it has. It's not ending. And if you look at the real powers behind the throne, that is mega. It's the big money, the sect of Silicon Valley, because there are sects within it, the sect that claims to be a libertarian for what that's even worse. It means nothing. It's just a little label that they hide behind that when you pick it apart, it doesn't even really make sense as a label. But hey, that doesn't have to Libertarian to them means that the government is evil, the government that exists now right that has to be burnt down because it's evil to them. These are the billionaires behind this. It's evil to them because it stands in their way of what they would like to be able to do, which is gain more resources, gain more power, get more government contracts. Because they don't want to get rid of government. They just want to replace the existing one with their own puppet government that employs them to create all of the new military industrial infrastructure for a new digitized horror of a digital world. They want to make a new America. They want to make a new world. They want more government contracts. They're already pretty good at procuring a lot of government projects. I mean, look at Talenteer pushed Peter Thield to be a billionaire. The libertarian that hates the government has made untold fortune off of government contracts, and he's seeking to do more. I do think that this sect is behind the push to alter the military industrial establishment and is actually at the heart of that war that's going on within the military establishment between the old Guard, which very much has been cozy to the establishment and remains to be the neoliberal order that has stood up until now that needs to be burned down right, not saying all aspects of this are good. Obviously the old military industrial contractors I have no love for. But there is definitely a war and internal war going on between the old guys, the old aerospace companies, and these newer Silicon Valley tech world companies that come in and they have effectively changed the landscape and the conversation within the Pentagon with all of these initiatives, these tech initiatives aimed at speeding up the the process of developing military weapons. Right, and I've gone this into the show. These are the guys that stand to benefit from a significant change there were they voting for, Well, probably the guy that they're giving millions and millions of dollars to. That's also behind the veil of the election that we have to, you know, not that interesting things aren't coming out in the open now, in the that the public are actually giving access to. As I was saying at the start of the show with Project twenty twenty five, I'm surprised that it's actually gone that far, which I think is telling to how dire the situation actually is, at least in the eyes of the old guard establishment. So is Trump anti establishment? I guess is his alternative to the establishment better, I don't think. So you got to realize what you're voting for. If you vote for him. It's not for the old crazy guy that can't talk anymore and would rather be electrocuted than E didn't buy a shark. He ain't the guy that's calling the shots. He hasn't been, and he shows how it won't be this next time around. So there you have it. There was something to think about. If you want to read a book, If you want to buy Fire in the Mindset Man, I think it might be on my recommended reading list at bookshop dot org. Again affiliate link on the side of my website, the Age of Transitions. Click on the link. When you do anything you buy any book that you search for and buy, I'll get a little amount back. It won't cost anything extra for you. So if you're so inclined as to buy and read a book, remember to do that. If you don't want want to read a book, that's fine. Go look at wojack memes all day and let your brain decay completely until you can no longer even think that's the other alternative. Take your choice. I don't care which you want to choose. It doesn't matter to me. We have freedom in this country, at least for now. Until digitally we're unable to think for ourselves. We have our thoughts inserted into us, all the right thoughts, by our digital overlords. I can't wait for that to happen. It's we're halfway there already. But anyway, it's time to wind down and relax a bit.
Speaker 2: Uncle.
Speaker 1: The podcast is coming up next on the Ochili Radio Network Friday night. We're going to have a lot of fun, so stick with us. Thank you for listening again. Send a donation to check at Ochili dot com. Keep this network up and running.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: The Age of Transitions dot com is my website. You can find the podcast and everything else.
Speaker 4: There, oh Chili dot com.
Speaker 5: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state, before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against.
Speaker 6: For more information, The War State dot.
Speaker 7: Com dot com Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Uncle, do you remember that time when Benjamin Fulford said that an Asian secret society was going to dispatch ninjas to take down the Illuminati?
Speaker 6: Oh that's interesting, Yeah in the Klatoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah did that ever work out too good?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: It didn't, did it didn't? But here on o'ceelly dot com radio network, things work out a bit better, don't they much better?
Speaker 8: Much is clear and understanding about the programs, the programs, how much clear getting live people into it. They really have a good conversation going.
Speaker 1: Much better, much better scene, I say, forget Benjamin Fulford and his Ninjas and listen to the Ocelly dot com radio network.
Speaker 8: I agree, it's straight to the point, straight talk, and I like that idea.
Speaker 7: Oh Chilly dot com encoll.
Speaker 3: Called In Denial Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks by Larryhncock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files. It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks Larryhancock. For more information go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com.
Speaker 9: Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com.
Speaker 3: In digital or physical.
Speaker 2: Forces radio.
Speaker 9: Honey Honey, Morny Horny, Horny, Horney Horny.
Speaker 10: This is a moneysee podcast codret code wat cod wait here we pick up your hand.
Speaker 6: Your cellphones and Hi in listen to Uncle to the podcast. Watch out. If you're sitting down for this.
Speaker 10: Or if you're standing up, you better get ready for this because it's gonna hit the head drums.
Speaker 6: Uncle the podcast.
Speaker 1: You were listening to Uncle the broadcast. My name is Aaron. I'm the nephew law here. It needs to start the show Uncle.
Speaker 6: Hello, ladies, gentlemen. Three thirty nine is the episode.
Speaker 10: And I believe tonight we can talk about something something. Everybody, get ready, get yourself drink so I kick came through with something finally freaking him.
Speaker 6: Taste the whistle.
Speaker 1: It's about time. Something is here. It made its way back to the show. That's the show.
Speaker 6: But I believe.
Speaker 10: Now, yeah, we're going to try a new company, a new company.
Speaker 6: Yes, that crazy ranch.
Speaker 10: I want to try that for for for Fuddy.
Speaker 2: Well that's very good Uncle.
Speaker 1: But let's remind everybody that they can't call in Revive Onhell you Radio Network as you always are Friday nights.
Speaker 2: They can call uh.
Speaker 1: The number is three one nine five two seven five zero one six. Can also you skype if you do type a message to Chuck, he will call it. Bring you on to the call. He's Charles at Chilean skypeboards. Uh three five, seven, five zero and six for.
Speaker 6: A fund from Jimmy. By Jimmy.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 6: I'm starting up again.
Speaker 1: Please all call in. It looks like okay, we got the o'chini chat going on. We've got old chat from when we were doing a VHS live stream last weekend is still in the chat. For some reason, Usually that goes away, but it's still there for now. But anybody who wants to join us on the live streams, We're on YouTube, We're on Twitch, we're on kick.
Speaker 2: We're on Trovo. We will be.
Speaker 1: On my X account, which I've updated a premium, but I think it's because they took my check mark away again. I'm waiting for it to come back. I think once it comes back, we will be going through my ex live stream or my account live streaming. So I'm waiting for that to work.
Speaker 6: Oh is that the X thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we were doing really good on that as a livestream platform for us. It's going to be back. I just got to work out the bugs with it, but that's going to be back soon. So I'm excited about that. We seem to do really well. There some reason I'll take it. We're here uncle. But yeah, as you're saying, are not Dollar Store peer review. We're not doing that anymore because the Dollar Store is gone.
Speaker 6: They left up. I told you they're gonna leave because they haven't.
Speaker 10: Had updated the US and that's the main reason why it is because well, it tastes the same old, same ol, same o, and customers don't like that.
Speaker 6: We want something new.
Speaker 2: It needs to be.
Speaker 10: I think we found something new for today. We have it from the Ranch House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's interesting because, uh, the old Dollar Store is actually the ninety nine cents Store, ninety nine cent only, and where I got the drinks tonight from was a place called ninety nine Ranch, which is an agent grocery store.
Speaker 10: We're gonna go down now on I'm singing to try that for a while and let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: It worked this time.
Speaker 1: But here I will show the audience on the camera here for the live stream what we're going to be drinking. This is Taiwan beer. And it's not just regular Taiwan beer, which I do love their regular beer.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Grape fruit beer. It says it's a malt beverage specialty so I guess as a malt. I don't know if it really is a beer or a malt beverage, but it calls it beer. It's a malt drink. And it's not grapefruit like a grapefruit. It's fruit that is grapes, so like the grapes make wine out of. It's flavored like that. It's a beer malt beverage thing by Taiwan Beer sick, noncle, here's your beer. You may have yours, I'll have we each have a can of this regular old can of beer.
Speaker 2: What twelve ounces? Right?
Speaker 6: You finally got some cancy standards.
Speaker 1: Size product of Taiwan, brewed and canned by Taiwan Tobacco and liquor corporations.
Speaker 10: What the heck is for thelypical Oh, it's low alcohol percentage.
Speaker 1: It's only two point eight percent by volume. So we're not going to be getting too drunk from this.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's fine.
Speaker 10: That is perfect because they're having a test drink. I mean it's somebody here wines.
Speaker 2: But being it's this low, wow, could be a good thing.
Speaker 9: Pretty good that that's barely even a beer erin at two point all right, I mean it's like, what is the average alcohol content of a beer? I know it's hard five four five right, Okay, so this is barely even a beer, this stuff.
Speaker 6: So that's what you're saying. It's just to pour the drink and it's a drink.
Speaker 9: Well, but I don't know saying is that. What I'm saying is uncle, I've had cakes with higher alcohol content and.
Speaker 6: That's all I'm saying. Drink, drink, drum kid.
Speaker 9: No, no, not the kid, drink. That's disgusting. I no, no, I please, Why you got to bring me back to that bad memory.
Speaker 2: One started it?
Speaker 9: No, I'm telling you I've had a cake, an actual cake, like a you know, rum flavored cake, where there's more rum in it than they give me more to two point nine percent alcohol, that's all I'm saying. I've got a slice of cake that'll get me more alcohol than that. Okay, So but maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just me. You guys tell us out there, you ever heard of a beer with two point nine percent in it?
Speaker 6: Tonight, let's see how that tastes be answered. Like I said, it's a beer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and we do want to see what it actually tastes like.
Speaker 6: Even though it's two percent, so we can. It's just it's odd.
Speaker 9: You could drink vanilla extract off a grocery store shelf and get more alcohol. That's what I'm saying. All right, that's all I'm saying. Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear, I get it. Shuck.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I didn't notice the alcohol content until just now. Actually I just figured it'd be like four or five or whatever.
Speaker 9: But no, because a beer even you know, the water down American beers. Everybody, you know, people from other countries go, oh god, you guys with your beer, you know, so very watered down.
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 9: Taiwan says, I hate the tastes like Tywan says, hold hand. Tywan says, hold the hanfy alcohol in my beer? How about that? I'll show you some low alcohol beer. I mean, I mean even when I was a kid, I used to have people, you know, they were stationed in Germany and the military and this and that, and they go, you know, they make baby beer in Germany. I go, okay, baby beer for babies, right yeah, And they tell me, you know, there's more alcohol in that than there is most American beer. Blah blah blah blah, and then they start being beer snobs about it, and I go, all right, look, five percent alcohol though it's a beer works, okay, leave it alone. But when you got two and a half percent, I mean, you know what grape drink?
Speaker 1: Right, It's grape fruit beer, is what it is.
Speaker 2: It calls itself grape fruit beer.
Speaker 9: You let your orange, you leave your orange juice out in the sun. It'll ferment and make more alcohol than this. I mean, you know, all right, Okay, I'm done now I'll just show up. Sorry, gud Well, uncle, you know what we have to do. We have to crack this thing up and.
Speaker 10: Let me put it in the websless thing, get themselves and drink. And when I crack this open and see what this number is.
Speaker 2: Here, we go leda.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there's a steam coming off mine or something.
Speaker 2: So that's interesting.
Speaker 6: Phone call, Wait, hold on that drink? Hello, holds on this phone in? I had there, Jimmy, is this Jimmy? Hey?
Speaker 1: Do you know that I.
Speaker 6: Knew that you would be the first one to call.
Speaker 2: All in? But we're about to drink a great we're drinking this drink.
Speaker 6: So you got your lemonade?
Speaker 2: I mean you mountain Mountain dew.
Speaker 6: You better get it because we're gonna try this.
Speaker 11: Oh okayow you I got the ba Hop Blast.
Speaker 1: That's great, Jimmy, because I can tell you taking this first sip of this, it's not far removed from a soft drink, like something that's very sweet, like a Ba Hop Blast or a fruit drink.
Speaker 2: Uncle, what do you think about this?
Speaker 6: Exactly what you just said.
Speaker 2: It's like a sweet thing?
Speaker 6: Is a sweet thing.
Speaker 10: I found grapes in it, just when it says on the label, it wasn't it for when I don't understand is where's a little up? Well?
Speaker 9: Right, yes, see what I mean, Jimmy. It wasn't it a while that only Taco Bell had Baja Blast. I mean, do you got a Taco Bell cup there? Or is it now they put in a bottle.
Speaker 11: It's definitely a bottled here, but it's this one actually is mark twentieth year anniversary, and I chose the Taco Bell.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I remember it was like you have to go to Taco Bell to get Baja Blast at one point, and I just don't remember how many years ago. I guess it was twenty years ago. Jeez, time is flying, uncle, all Right, well, anyway, you guys are like, oh, this is really sweet and you don't taste the alcohol two point five percent?
Speaker 2: Well what a shock? Huh you just said it.
Speaker 10: You're be high alcohol percentage to taste the alcohol, and just like you said, chuck, it's only two percent and more.
Speaker 6: I taste out of this is the great that's it. That's all I'm tasting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it to me.
Speaker 1: To me, what it tastes like is like grape soda if it wasn't as carbonated as grape soda. It tastes like that and a mix between that, or like a grape juice, somewhere between a grape soda and.
Speaker 2: A grape juice. It tastes like it's really crazy beer.
Speaker 1: I don't taste any taste of beer whatsoever. I don't taste beer, even.
Speaker 12: Though it's like be here, it is no beer taste. I know what a beer taste taste like.
Speaker 2: It's not this.
Speaker 6: It ain't it ain't.
Speaker 1: You know what makes me think of uncle is the bud light Seltzer's cells waters. Well, the thing you guys buy it the question store. The thing about that is they had the bud like Seltzer. And when when I saw that first, I expected it to be like weird Seltzer alcohol drink that also tasted like beer, but it has zero beer tastes. Michael, why do you call the bud light bud light is beer?
Speaker 2: What is the thing? It seems like Taiwan's version of.
Speaker 6: That that it's the exactly what you said. It's what they expect to say their beer.
Speaker 10: Uh. Some on one was once to put a bear name on the container, even though we do not chaste to beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's their famous beer brand, which that beer is good. It definitely is as a beer. It's a solid beer.
Speaker 2: I love it, I really do. But Jimmy, do you have you had those weird Seltzer beer things here? Have you tried that?
Speaker 6: Jimmy Nah?
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, I haven't drink any alcohol in twenty.
Speaker 6: Years trying to my light.
Speaker 11: I have a drink. I haven't drink a drop of blues, not one beer, and it's actually more twenty years trying it. But it's because it would mixed with my medication. It's not that I'm heurtant, so you.
Speaker 6: Can't drink the beer. No, no, no, it's also he's in his stands that he's just drinking his mountain dew. Well, that can't drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll say about that is that you're not missing anything when it comes to those seltzer beer things.
Speaker 2: That's that's for sure. Those things are not good. And again there a beer might.
Speaker 11: Be actually safe for me.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what's.
Speaker 12: Maybe if if he took a drink, it is, if Jimmy took a drink of this just just to taste it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: He said this is like grape drink. I'm sure he would say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like grape juice slash grape soda. That's exactly what it tastes like. It not as carbonated as grape soda, but if you mix grape soda with grape juice, it would turn out.
Speaker 2: I feel like, taste exactly like that. It's not bad. What was that, Jimmy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 11: Do you guys got squirt?
Speaker 1: I've had squirt. We don't have it right now, but yeah, I've had it. It's I trying to think it's okay.
Speaker 11: So what would pretty much tastes like what you're describing.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing about squirt is it's grapefruit flavored, actual grapefruit, not grapes.
Speaker 2: That's what's weird.
Speaker 1: This says grapefruit, but it's not a grapefruit. It's grape and a grape is a fruit, but it's it's like grape on the vine, grape, not grapefruit from the tree.
Speaker 2: So it's a little confusing. But again, like you know, lost, like maybe going on.
Speaker 10: Excuse me, I would like to understand how they really made this drink. I'm really curious now because tastes like the grapes or the tree.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not brewed as a beer. It's it's not brute. It's not a beer. It's not an ale. It's a malt beverage. And I don't know all the technicalities of making a malt beverage.
Speaker 6: You know, who would get into this?
Speaker 2: We need we need him, we do we go.
Speaker 10: He would get into this drink, and he would he would explain, he would what this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but I mean, but this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, yeah, We're gonna have to have bum wine back on the show. It's been a minute.
Speaker 2: We'll have him back soon.
Speaker 10: I'm sure is she was tonight, because I would really want to know what he think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, just this drink I'll have to send this one to him. I'm like, hey, would you even be able to find this thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, send that one to him and see it's too late to do the show with him, although you know what we could do. I saw at ninety nine Ranch they had this, which was on sale, by the way, which is one of the reasons I got it. But they also had I think a pineapple flavor of this.
Speaker 6: Oh can you that to them? Yeah, and look for flavors of these.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That they had one other flavor, which, as I remember is pineapple.
Speaker 6: Well, grab what you can and I'll have it for the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get a hold of Bob.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hey, look, do you have ninety nine Ranch out on Jersey or do you have a way that they'd have these weird Taiwan beer malt drinks by you because.
Speaker 6: We fit what boys are getting thished in Texas. Langer.
Speaker 9: You know, I got a question for you guys. Have you noticed lately it always goes in trends right where like every soda adds this to their sodas, every alcohol adds this to their alcohols, And it's usually about flavors, right, Like for a little while everybody was putting vanilla and everything, and then they didn't, and then people were all putting pomegranate in everything, and then they didn't. Have You guys noticed lately that actually pineapple is one of those things like what is there a glut and pineapple out there? Is there too many pineapples harvested this year? Because it's crazy. It's like everything they want to pineapple to everything.
Speaker 6: Now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Could be it could you led Chuck, It could be because what they're.
Speaker 2: Doing, what I understand that they're doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're putting fruit into the drinks. Every single thing I drink so far was drinks with flu.
Speaker 9: But yeah, but they go in these in these stages with the flavor where it's like everybody seems to use all these flavors, right, I mean, everything from seltzer water to ice cream right now is got pineapple in it. Right, So it's like, what was there like a worldwide Holy crap, we grew way too many pineapples. I mean, because it just it happens and then it goes away, right, and then the next thing will be who knows what, Uh, blackberries were like that. For Remember everything had BlackBerry in it. Everything, everything, everything.
Speaker 13: Right, And it was like, yeah, what about sea salt?
Speaker 11: Remember sea salt?
Speaker 13: For a while had Look we've got sea salt.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 9: It was in everything. It was in potato chips, gum, it was in gum.
Speaker 2: They didn't care.
Speaker 9: It was like, Oh, we're gonna actually do our French fries with sea salt.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 9: It was like, dude, what is there? They harvest too much sea salt because everybody's using sea salt. You're right, Jimmy, that's another one. But you see what I mean where it's like a trend and everybody does the same thing for a little.
Speaker 2: While and you can't escape it.
Speaker 9: It's like when peaches are big for a year or two, everything's got peach. I mean, they even put peaches in Coca cola, which I thought was disgusting, by the way, But I mean, you know, I don't know about you guys, but did you like coke with peach in it?
Speaker 6: It might have had a favor to it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh, Jimmy, you had the coke peeves. I never had fame.
Speaker 11: I did to me, it tasted exactly like a orange popsicle kind.
Speaker 9: Of sort of yeah, but but it was weird because there was like peach coke. I'm like, why in the hell would you go and ruin a Coca Cola with a peach. I mean, you know, you want to have a peach, have a peach. You want to have a coke, have a coke. I don't want to mix these things together. Listen, I love ice cream and shrimp. I'm not putting shrimp in my ice cream. Okay, you know, I know uncles throws sour kraut and tuna, fish and everything, and that's something they had. But you know, I will never do that. But I mean, still, there's some things you don't need to put together, and I think peach and coke is one of them. Anyway, else shut them.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 11: To me, it tasted exactly like a push up from when as a kick because the men I taste as like this tastes like something nothing like coke, but something familiar.
Speaker 1: He'd be, Yeah, yeah, I could see that. I never had that one. I'm thankful, but yeah, that sounds like a terrible comba.
Speaker 9: But they never put chocolate. They never put chocolate in the coke or to pepsi. Right, nobody's ever done. I don't remember a time when they put chocolate pepsi out there, or chocolate coke or chocolate mountain dew. You know what I'm saying, No chocolate were in your drink.
Speaker 11: On contrary, fag tried it, okay.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 9: Over Fago did it? Okay, I didn't know. Look, I can't keep track of Faygo. But you know, since you're an ICP country, I get it. It's okay. I was you were thinking the same thing. Weren't you think of when I hear sure they got it at the gathering of the Juggalos.
Speaker 13: Okay, anyway, full of Fago car full of fat chicks, you all that.
Speaker 1: Gotta love it, gotta love it. Oh man, It's definitely trends. I've noticed the same for some reasons. A lit too, A lit of what alcohol taste. So I can taste it just a little. I feel somewhat like a been drinking. An alcoholic beverage is not strong, but I feel a little.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's that two and a half we were talking about, and I think it's there.
Speaker 1: They should call this a beer cooler because it's it's similar to like a wine cooler and flavored.
Speaker 6: I've been drinking.
Speaker 2: I've been drinking this thing, in it, in it, and and I've.
Speaker 10: Been tasting the grapes very constantly, drinking the drinking this and tasting the grapes.
Speaker 6: You know what they turn lean's drink to drink. I got a linen of alcohol. Little yeah, and that's that two percent.
Speaker 2: You know. I noticed it very slightly.
Speaker 9: I was just thinking that maybe you guys are drinking the next wine cooler or Zema, you know, because remember Zema. There, there's a drink that disappeared. Uh Zema. All right, Okay, so wine coolers you don't really see those around as much anymore, but that was a huge thing.
Speaker 2: That was like, you know, a.
Speaker 11: Way nineties, everyone always with them.
Speaker 9: Look early early to leagues in Germany, early to late nineties in Jersey. Okay, uh, you if you wanted girls to come and hang out at your little party, you went and got okay, some wine coolers and some zemas, telling me you're going to have that there, and you keep that for the girls on the side. Even if you guys want them, they don't get them, and you keep them on the side. And then the girls show up and you go, yeah, the zemas and it's over there, go get it and boom the girls will hang out until you run out. Okay, it's just the way it is. That's how I used to do in the nineties, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that morphed into the smearnoff Ice that became the same thing a little laer within like a decade time or something.
Speaker 11: Think everyone was all the celebrities, Captain Morgan.
Speaker 9: From the rum, the Captain Morgan's Rum.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, sure, well.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel I mean with that's perennial, that and that depending on which liquor is more popular at a given moment, that does change too.
Speaker 2: There's trends in that as well.
Speaker 1: There's trends in what liquor is everybody drinking at the moment, What is beer mixing at the moment, What sodas are the mixing with what flavor at the moment. It seems like all these things do that for some reason. There's definitely trends in the beverage industries.
Speaker 6: Are going to I just wondering, so I can't are you going to drink the rest of the drink?
Speaker 2: Oh am? I going to be all drink. Yea, make it through the six pack hour.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll give you a hand to help you.
Speaker 14: It's I like the grit For me, I like the great taste. Yeah, but though it's now starting to get a liquor.
Speaker 2: Feel. He's working.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe if you were clever and you're a good enough mixologist, you might be able to integrate this into some weird mixed with an actual liquor in it, that would end up being okay.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I could see that. I could see that.
Speaker 6: Put that in the blender. Oh wait, it got me thinking, put this stuff in the blender.
Speaker 10: Mixing your drinks for let's say, example, your noon evolution evolution, I can Okay, let's have some drinks.
Speaker 6: Save some of these cans.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we'll.
Speaker 10: Put them into the drinks and we'll make a mixture, and then we'll test it on that.
Speaker 1: You want to save one or two of these for the revolution, We can probably do that. I'll put the back of the refrigerator or put it in the cellar or whatever, and we'll save it for the revolution.
Speaker 2: Bring it.
Speaker 10: We can leave it, leave it alone and no one touch it. And and then when we have Bob come, because then he talked about it. I want to ask I want to hear his advice of how his taste.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to ask Bob if he can get a hold of the pineapple one, if he has the means to do that, and if so, maybe we'll invite him on the show to drink that to get there or maybe something else we have to have it back.
Speaker 2: That's the main takeaway there. Crazy drink, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's I would say that Taiwan Beer, the what is it, the Taiwan UH Tobacco and Liquor Corporation might get themselves in trouble for marketing to the children on this one.
Speaker 2: Because it tastes like a kid's drink, you.
Speaker 12: Know, I mean, they will have a problem with that because if the kid, let's say.
Speaker 6: There's something and don't realize the bee on it. There's a drink of great, let's go get some, and then they start drinking it and don't realize that it's beer. That could happen, That can happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I mean, you know, Joe Cammel Uh has alcohol gotten and have many of the alcohol companies got in trouble with marketing the children. I don't remember that specifically, certainly the tobacco industry.
Speaker 9: Well, if you don't know, a.
Speaker 11: Few years ago, nearly two thousand sins, they were getting awfully close to being pretty much kool Aid flavors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good, that's true. That's true, because I think it's a drink.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was two things that happened in the past, say twenty five years is uh. First of all, Jimmy's right, they had these like really super sweet drinks and they and four locos was a big deal with kids for a minute. Okay, Yeah, so I know that happened. And also that's around the time they came out with the uh, you know, the energy drink they called cocaine, no kidding, Uh, they literally called the drink cocaine, and it was like it was a super high test you know, energy drink, like way more powerful than any Red bull. And uh, then they started banning that in certain towns, and they started banning four locos from being sold in liquor stores and uh, stuff like that, because the teenagers were getting a hold of both of these things and going crazy. They were making like Jaeger bombs out of energy drinks and yeah, because they were mixing Jaegermeister with energy drinks, which I can't think of anything more disgusting than that, you know, licorice with your energy drink. Sure, why not?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 9: And the four Locos for some reason, it was just like no, I need four locos. It was like a like a hip hop thing, like like a mad dog. So it's funny because bum Line Bob loves all of the cheap hip hop type alcohol, it seems to me. Yeah, and these kids were really getting into it. And yeah, they were busting kids constantly with poor locos for locos and they would just you know, pay some adult to go buy them forms. Yeah, and that was happening a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah about the early two thousands. Yeah, okay, yeah, I remember they took it off the market. I want to say they re formulated it too, because I.
Speaker 2: Think it was.
Speaker 1: Too high alcohol content or maybe too much of the energy drink. Maybe it wasn't an energy drink at first four Locos. What it was, I can't remember. It was too much something.
Speaker 9: Maybe it was too high and alcohol content and they were like, look, you know, it's not a beer if it's this, and it's not this if it's this and they were just kind of like, now it's a four loco, it's its own thing, and they're like no, you know, And like I said, they were banning it literally, like town to town, telling the liquor stores in town they couldn't carry it anymore because it was presenting a hazard for the teenagers.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: So yeah, four Locals. The only thing I recall where this was a big deal wine coolers though, like I said, in the nineties, Now, I was an adult then, but you know, younger kids were drinking zema and wine coolers and all that Bartles and James all that kind of stuff. You remember Bartles and James, two old guys on the porch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do remember that brand.
Speaker 10: Yeah, now those coolers and taste and taste, like I remember.
Speaker 11: They are and thank you for your support.
Speaker 5: Was there.
Speaker 2: That was their slogan or something.
Speaker 11: That was their sign off. They would say, yeah, we got the best stuff. All the other stuff crap, yeah, blah blah, and thank you for your support.
Speaker 9: That was the ending tagline every Bartles and James commercial, I think, was thank you for your support their Okay if you remember that, yeah you do. Yeah, It's almost like Pepper's bomb remembers.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, it turns out it's all a fart.
Speaker 11: That wasn't even Bartle, and that wasn't even James.
Speaker 9: They were actors.
Speaker 6: It was all a lie.
Speaker 9: That copracy, that's right, Operations.
Speaker 2: You upset about that? Uncle? Was that bottle?
Speaker 10: Populations specs only thinkers they are?
Speaker 6: How is that because they're going crazy when they talk about.
Speaker 2: Things they do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, be listening real closely.
Speaker 2: I try not to.
Speaker 1: I try not to do that, especially to these commercials. They'll get you every time if you let them, if you let it.
Speaker 6: That's support.
Speaker 1: Taiwan Beer Grapefruit Beer beverage Special Taste. That's what we're enjoying tonight. Brewd Beer with Taiwan local grape the fusion of Logger beer and rich fruit Fragrance brand new choice of beer. It says all that on the can here I'm reading. If you want to learn more, go to www. Dot Wine for US dot com. That's the number four wine for US dot Com. Imported by s SC International Incorporated, South Elmonte, California. That's the San Gabriel Valley up there. Uncle, It's a beautiful area home to Taiwan beer. Importation. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Good cans?
Speaker 6: He knows cans.
Speaker 1: I just imagine palettes of these Taiwan beer, great flavored beer coming into some warehouse in Elmonte, and we distributed it out.
Speaker 6: Maybe these people that are in that state must like the drink. Who knows. Oh, I don't know how the people reacted these drinks.
Speaker 2: Uncle. We've got Josie Jay in the YouTube chat. Great to have you.
Speaker 1: He's a Southern California friend of ours and residence, so I'm sure. Yeah, if you want to get a hold of this, he says, it sounds delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried it. Tell you may find it at.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine ranch. I know that there's got to be a ninety nine ranch near you, Josie, So if you're interested, have this and the pineapple flavor. And when I bought it ninety nine ranch, it was on sale the six packs, So go check that out and see what you think of that one. Yeah, very cool? All right, So we got the YouTube going. Josie's there, Great to have you, man, Great to see you there.
Speaker 6: And this is like he has some nice customers waiting standing by.
Speaker 1: I am wondering if this particular beer has made it further than Southern California or California at all.
Speaker 2: If it's been distributed further than.
Speaker 1: That, I get a feeling it maybe is regional in terms of being imported, but I don't know what.
Speaker 2: That's why I kind of want to get ahold of Bob and see if it made.
Speaker 6: Anywhere. I know he'd know, Yeah, because he looks what he thinks.
Speaker 2: He knows how to find him.
Speaker 6: He finds him fist.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to get him, get.
Speaker 10: Him and get on and about this, because I think he would like to understand what's.
Speaker 1: Important uncle, what other important things that we have to bring to the broadcast tonight that the people need to know about.
Speaker 6: Well, I made our second week in the world. Yes, that's one thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, Josie's asking what nine nine ranches. It's ninety nine ranch is an Asian grocery store. Josie's up in La I'm sure there's gotta be a ninety nine ranch.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's gotta be some up there. Yeah, matter of fact, I'm sure there is. Because I'm in La La. I would know. I know this is a food place because I know they've gotta be this them there. I mean because plumbably is around and then La Area because when I went up there, we went up.
Speaker 10: Of course to get kind of the food that was that kind of food, some Asian food, Asian food India, so I'm sure they probably have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I have some kind of thing ninety nine ranch.
Speaker 1: It's a specific uh Asian grocery store, but really any Asian grocery store is maybe in the place that would carry Taiwan beer.
Speaker 6: Missus went with just go up with same one one time on the train and we went up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's when you had that that food of that food went up there, And there's areas in l A and.
Speaker 2: Then again the San Gabriel Valley.
Speaker 1: The entirety of that place you're you're there's I mean, those grocery stores are everywhere up there. So so you're likely to find this somewhere in the San Gabriel Valley if you want to travel.
Speaker 2: In those. Yeah, it's a weird drink, but this is a weird show.
Speaker 1: It fits in drink. It's a different kind of show here. Well, yeah, as you're saying, uncle, two weeks in a row, we're proud of ourselves for making it. We're doing a fine job. I feel very invigorated and very energized tonight.
Speaker 2: I feel great. Do you feel good tonight? Uncle?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 2: Dam we've got new equipment.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's got his new He's got his new. Uh we call it a new new speaker, he announced. Since you've booked the one, and now you've got another.
Speaker 2: One, the new microphone.
Speaker 6: This microphone looked almost the same as the one. Well, there's something different about it.
Speaker 1: It is a dynamic microphone. It's the Road Procaster. It's a very very heavy microphone. Manacing solid was that. I wasn't sure, actually, uncle, if the boom arm was going to be able to handle the weight of this thing. But I tightened the screw on the joint and it's holding it up fine. This is a cheap little boom arm, by the way, for those of you that care about the equipment of podcasting. I use a cheapy little thing. It's able to hold this heavy microphone. So you don't need the world's greatest boom arm like the one hundred dollars thing that that road makes for this. You can use a cheapy bloom arm atworks. I got this again generic shock mount, which is fine and it's held in there and it seems to be working good.
Speaker 6: They haven't gone to those stools lately.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking about the electronics places.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like to go go to them place at the same time, Yeah, and just pick up a few equipment stuff, just for the heck of it in case things like this doesn't breaks down.
Speaker 2: I do find myself buying this sort of thing online now more. I buy all this stuff on eBay now, is what I do.
Speaker 1: You know, Sometimes with the cables and stuff, I'll go to like a music shop or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well that was the music shop really quickly, Aeron. I want to confirm something though. You know, people don't realize that they're There are a lot of ways to waste money in podcasting, and the boom arm is one of them, because I mean I literally have been working with the same twenty dollars boom arm now for the past five years, and I've got, you know, a four hundred dollars mic on it. Yeah, I got a good mic.
Speaker 2: MiCT on what's your what's your mic? Chuck? Is it the short SMNB? You got that one? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Exactly, you do? Okay, Yeah, all right, I didn't I Okay, So truth be told, I didn't buy it. Somebody got bought it for me. But I had a short SM fifty eight on this arm before it. And all I did is, okay, well what do we do here? We screwed this into this yere. Oh it's a little different connection. Fine, done, And that was it. And it's a heavy I mean, and the shore mic is heavy, make no mistake. But this arm twenty dollar arm, I'm not kidding, twenty dollars arm from a career Vietnam, I forget which you know.
Speaker 2: And that was it. End of story.
Speaker 9: Generic road Caster makes all solid heavy the equipment they make a complete podcast, you know, a machine even that just takes over everything for you.
Speaker 1: But oh, you're talking about the mixer that they have, but it goes to electronic mixer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's beyond the mixer though. That thing does broadcast mix everything. Yeah, looked at that.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how you can program it with like the sounds and whatnot. It looks interesting, but also looks unnecessary, we see.
Speaker 9: But that was my attitude is I'd rather work with, you know, a mixer composite between the you know, the solid state, the analog and the digital right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the digital stuff you just do on your computer, all that stuff you can get some sort of you can see some software to do all that same stuff.
Speaker 9: Right. You and I are of the same mindset.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: The only thing I don't like to do digitally is the cables. You know, some people use those stupid virtual cables.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 9: But other than that, it's great. I'd rather use the software, use the computer for the computer, and use just to say, as plane mixer, regular microphone.
Speaker 2: You can boost it a little and then that's it done.
Speaker 9: You know, you don't have to spend five hundred dollars on a whole you know thing and everything else on top of your computer, on top of your other stuff. I mean, it's great that it's you know, I mean I buy it endless money? Sure, why not?
Speaker 2: I try it?
Speaker 9: But you know i'd also buy all Apple products if buy it endless money.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 9: By the way, look, that's that's it. You might have a Skype We might have a Skype caller joining us shortly here, So hold on, I'm gonna try and get accomplished that because I got a message as you instructed, So you might.
Speaker 11: Find this interesting. You guys, a podcasters one of my dads. My dad said one of his friends as kids is a quote unquote influencer, and there's a millionaire and ghosts college to the quote unquote the fun of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well do you think that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think it's possible. Yes, it does sound possible. Now, anybody, anybody could be just making up a story about anything, first of all, But is that a real situation. Yes, I know that our neighbors down the street, the kids are pulling in all the money. To think, I think they're paying for the house. The kids, the high school kids with their YouTube and all that other social media.
Speaker 6: They pick a ton, they got the house. I appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Kids, and the kids have very nice cars, which they're paying for themselves.
Speaker 1: So I believe it. I believe it's possible. Now, whether they're lying about it, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can tell you.
Speaker 9: It's hard to tell when they're lying about that kind of stuff, Jimmy. But the funny thing is, I know for a fact that there's a lot of guys out there that seem to be, guess what, making a living doing some stuff like I recently tried to net a guest and couldn't get him to come on, but I did get to talk to him, and I'll describe for you what he does. It's pretty much his YouTube channel is all about reviewing sci fi movies, TV shows, stuff like that. That's all he does. And the toy companies that put out, like you know, the models of the different Star Trek ships and stuff like that, they send them free stuff. He advertises it, and that's what he does for a living. He takes care of his old family just mine. Makes a hell of a lot more money than I ever see sitting there with toys and talking about you know, I really appreciated Deep Space nine in the nineties blah blah blah blah blah, and you know back when I was watching Battlestar galacticub blah blah blah blah blah. And that's all he does.
Speaker 1: You know what, Chuck, I was actually going to bring this up when you're talking about the podcast equipment. Is that how we're seeing how the boom arm you don't need a fancy one, How you don't need all that extra bells and whistles that they try to sell you on. There's a whole industry behind the equipment and then you see all these videos. If you go looking for like information on equipment online on YouTube, it's just flooded with that material, which is endorsements, paid endorsements for that stuff. So it's this think you got to wait through. It's like, how much are they really pushing this because it's a paid advertisement which they have to tell you about, thank god, how much is that going on? And how much is this really like a useful piece of equipment? So there's always that going on.
Speaker 9: See they tell you, and I'd be willing to do some of these endorsement deals too, Like you know, if Shore wanted to do an endorsement deal with me, I tell you every show I'm using assure us, and you know I would do that because I use it. So they do that. And then these guys that end up with the toys. This sci fi guy, his whole like basically his whole background is a shelf full of toys that were sent to them that he advertised. Yeah, so it serves multiple purposes. And the funny thing is, like you were saying, there's a whole industry of just selling people's stuff for podcasting, and you and I both probably get emails on a daily basis, you know of somebody trying to sell us a new service, a new podcast launcher. We have a new tracker, we have a new you know, there are a thousand businesses involved in podcasting now, except honestly, the difficult thing to crack is how you actually make podcasting a business in and of itself. That's all telling you how to do it. But yeah, we're all telling you how to do it. There's master classes on it. There's come and sign up from my thing. It's only two hundred bucks and I'll show you how to make that right back with your first sponsorship, you know, blah blah blah blah. And they sell us this stuff all the time. Buy our service, distribute through us. Use our RSS feeds, will help you get distributed, will help you get noticed. We'll show you how to use your social media properly. We have the right equipment. We also have recommendations on stuff, microphones, We can sell you, you know, everything, and there's like a thousand companies now, you know, we had to discover this stuff ourselves there, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting is it reminds me of something from the early two thousands, which was a TV commercial that was doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It was a TV commercial that said, start your own eBay business. We have a video that if you buy for nineteen ninety five, we tell you everything how to do it. I was like watching this commercial at the time, I was, you know, needing money. All it took for me was to see at commercial and be like, oh, I can make money on eBay and I just figured.
Speaker 2: Out how to do it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I need to have to buy the video. I'm like, oh, that's a good idea. I'm sure the videos gonna tell me everything I could figure out anyway, So I just said I started making money on eBay and it worked.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, Oh, I know.
Speaker 9: And also for a little while, there's you know, come and sell things through Amazon. I mean there's one hundred online businesses now. But again, podcasting is not a business. If you're looking to do it, it's a bus. If you're a podcaster selling podcasting stuff, you're gonna do great. It's how I run it. It reminds me of family, you know what I mean, where it's like, look, buy all your groceries through here, get all your family and friends to buy all their groceries through here and buy their cleaning products or whatever, and then you'll do fine, You'll make money off. It's like, but dude, what about how am I going to get to the millionaire status?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: That's next level, you know, you gotta. I mean, it's it's so weird. And even when they tell you you.
Speaker 15: Get a yeah, can we get an uncle? And then multi level marketing thing going.
Speaker 9: There we go. We have our Skype callers, so I got on the right.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 2: Let me do that? Hello?
Speaker 6: Hey, you a talking about? What talking about? Could you hear that?
Speaker 2: All that stuff?
Speaker 15: I'm here, I'm signing late here. I just was at a barbecue, but I'm here, and we're hitting the gold the gold rush of the of the podcast, selling equipment, talking about.
Speaker 1: Right time, right place, everybody's we're all cashing in right now.
Speaker 2: Man, this is exciting.
Speaker 15: Mike's Mike's going out to every part of the part of the world.
Speaker 6: Here, he's got he's got his new new thing.
Speaker 10: And the one before that, I couldn't understand the pop then thing or something happening.
Speaker 6: Can't nobody sound technical difficulty.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 1: I got to give credit to Chuck the exact same thing that you suggested.
Speaker 2: Check is what happened.
Speaker 1: I returned it to the eBay seller, but they said, don't bother mailing it back. So I still have the old microphone. If I'm so inclined, maybe I can solder it and repair it. I don't know, but I still have it.
Speaker 6: Well let's let's hold on to them. Let's hold on to it, and let's see what we can do with it. Well maybe, see you say mine might breakdown, so we could use it.
Speaker 9: If Aaron can correct that problem. You know, sure, But like I told you, a lot of the eBay business now they're just like, no, don't even bother sending it back to me. Here, I'll just give your money back because eBay has gotten really, really intense because a lot of people ran scams through eBay for years.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, sure, Oh yeah, so that's probably why I mean there.
Speaker 9: There was a certain point. Look again, in the early early like two thousand to two thousand and three, when I was married to my first wife. You know, not only did I have my job with Exxon Mobile, but I used to come home and do my eBay business at night. And you know, it doesn't sound like a lot of money today, but an extra three hundred bucks in my pocket a week off of my eBay business helped me out a lot. You know, today, I'd be glad to have thirty bucks a week more. But I mean, you know, I'm just saying that. It doesn't sound like I'm supporting a family off of that, but I wasn't. I was making decent money, you know, managing exons and mobiles. But but yeah, the eBay business on the side until my you know, first life does what she always used to do, which was get greedy, you know, which was working out great. A couple hundred bucks a week guaranteed every single week, you know, and believe it or not, I sold a ton of JFK research materials and weird stuff I was able to sell, you know, CDs that weren't necessarily always legal, but you know, stuff like that, you know, and historical materials and things that people couldn't access. There wasn't a YouTube, there wasn't a place to download everything. So you know, when I sold a CD with like Lee Harvey Oswald being interviewed on it, people were like, I've never heard that, you know, and they bought that, and they bought the original news footage from CBS that I had. I had a perfect like perfectly put together a VHS set of tapes that I sold, and there was a three tape set and I would put it up forbid. Sometimes that would would net me three hundred dollars in a week because they would just bid on it. Because it was so rare to actually be able to see the original broadcast footage from CBS.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 11: My dead Jepanese friend there, that's where he ran and trope us doing that E based stuff. And he showed me man and he did like hundreds of thousands of dollars of sales, but I knew its situation. Every bit of money he had to put right back into it, but none the less the new rules he said that years he's supposed to pay tax on it, like that was some kind of income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, No to net that three hundred dollars I'm talking about, I was taken in about a thousand, but I was spending back on it, and you know, and through shipment and all that, like all my stuff said free shipping, and I that would vary depending on where I sent it and things like that, I would net three hundred dollars when I was done, but I was probably spending one thousand a week, so you know, in other words, I spent a thousand, I got back thirteen hundred, you know what I mean. So I got back my thousand, and I got back three hundred dollars profit. So I would have to take that thousand, throw it back in and cycle again. And that was the way my week went.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: So, Robin, do you feel nostalgia for the early two thousands right now?
Speaker 15: Robin Mead on the speaker there, and I.
Speaker 1: Was just asking if you feel nostalgia in this conversation right right.
Speaker 15: Well, I never was an eBay salesman myself, so so it's not not perking any nostalgia from that necessarily. But you know, the pre the pre YouTube days, those were those were interesting, Yeah, trying to find footage out there. I'm sure. I'm sure Chuck, people were grateful for your your services there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you ever received a set of tapes that said it was, you know, created by this weird little logo, I mean I put barcodes on it and everything. I mean, it looked, it looked good. You had a glossy you know, glossy covers in.
Speaker 11: Your matchets used to have skull bones that said after the new order.
Speaker 9: No, that wasn't me.
Speaker 6: That pretty much.
Speaker 11: Video I bought unpresentable. I'm like, how can I show this to people?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: I never did that kind of stuff. My stuff looked like what you would have had to have bought from like an old video store. I got clamshell cases and you know, and literally printed on photographic paper, you know, perfectly nice you know, stuff with text on it, and like I said, a bar code and all these things, you know what I mean. I manufactured a bar code, a UPC even though it wasn't a legit UPC for it.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it was the first the first well eighteen hours of JFK. What happened on that day from Walter Kronkite breaking in on CBS all the way till basically the.
Speaker 15: Next day the next morning live broadcast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the live broadcast from November twenty second, nineteen sixty three. And it was uncut and it looked broadcast quality. It was you know, perfectly sun SYNCD up and people were were thrilled with it, happy when they paid three four hundred dollars sometimes for just a set of tapes, VHS tapes, So imagine selling VHS tapes for three four hundred dollars sometimes. And then there was another weird phenomena during that time that McDonald's put out beanie babies and in their happy meals.
Speaker 13: Oh yes, I.
Speaker 6: Know, I remember that. Yeah, But what happened.
Speaker 9: Is the eBay geniuses at the time figured out that in certain parts of the country you couldn't get say, Britannia wasn't distributed to California or whatever for some reason. So we had them in Jersey. Every time we went to the damn McDonald's we got we got a Britannia. So it was like, let me just throw these six Britannias on eBay. And then people in California or whatever wherever it was they weren't selling that bear would get on there and you know, past twenty thirty fifty dollars for a for a McDonald's toilet. So we had these miniature beanie babies and everybody thought they could invest their money and beanie babies back then, remember it was like the thing the beanie baby bubble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have a few of them, do you got a collection.
Speaker 9: I'll come yeah, there's a product of the nineties. And then they started coming out with the sports ones. Right, it was like the Derek Jeter Beanie Baby bear, you know, and it was like, okay, come on now, you know, Home Shopping Club got in on it. And that was another thing, is that the complete set of the McDonald's ones, they were on like Home Shopping Club all of a sudden, and people were like paying one hundred and twenty five dollars. You can have the whole set, one hundred and twenty five dollars. I know on eBay they're paying fifty dollars a piece for these blah blah blah blah. I Meanwhile, we were paying a buck for him at the McDonald's or whatever, you know. Or we'd go with our kids and be like, yeah, I'll tell you what. I'll buy you a regular toy from the store and let me have your beanie bear, you know. And and my daughter was like, oh, bet, no problem, you know, buy me a Barbie. I'll give you a stupid bear.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, everybody win.
Speaker 9: Everybody wins, right see, you know, And I could easily pay for that Barbie and clear another thirty forty dollars. So good, and I took my daughter to McDonald's. Talk about a win win, right, I mean, And that's the kind of hustling I did on eBay back then, and I wonder if anybody else did that. And that's around the time. A little bit after that, I run into the obsolete man like like after my time has done selling on eBay, no more selling. But you know, and I went through a couple of stages. I sold magic cards on there for a bit. I sold, you know, like I said, the CDs. But God help you. If you tried to put something that Atlantic Records owned up there that wasn't you know, entirely legitimate, like the Practice sessions from the Zeppelin War album or something you know, you did that, you were gonna get hit. Well, they wouldn't arrest us. But back then, you get you have a copyright warning and we may just for your account, and that was it. Copyright warnings were different then than they are now today. They'll strip you right off the internet, you know, kick at it. And yeah, the eBay rule changes screwed everybody. But what are you gonna do the hey day of eBay when they gave you five bucks if you went and signed up for eBay and PayPal on the same day, and they go, we'll give you five dollars just for signing up. You know, thank you, mister Teal five bucks.
Speaker 2: And must.
Speaker 9: All the great guys will give you five dollars to sign up for our service. I mean, who wasn't going to sign up.
Speaker 2: Clim up marketing.
Speaker 9: I'll buy something for free on eBay with my new PayPal account it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think we're at the end of the show here. I'm come, I'm we're seeing as how we have calls.
Speaker 2: We have to do shout outs.
Speaker 6: Yep, you still got Jimmy, and you still got Robin fosting.
Speaker 2: In Jimmy, Okay, then going to all right, so Jimmy you out, So you got.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 11: I discovered in the earlier show that Richard Simmons is no longer amongst the rest and peace to him.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah sounds good. There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Jimmy, great, great to have you. Well, we'll see you again, man, take it easy, absolutely well.
Speaker 9: Even get a chance to ask uncle about Richard Simmons. You know, maybe we could we can hear about that from Uncle next week what he thought of Richard's Actually.
Speaker 10: We have a VHS tape, VHS tape one we we're not on.
Speaker 2: It's in the wings for the DHS watch party. We have a richardson watch.
Speaker 10: If Anyboddy listen to me on Saturday and watch party, they may be on listening.
Speaker 6: Be listening because that one will be around.
Speaker 9: Just make sure it's not sweating to the oldies, Aaron, because you will get hit with a copyright strike for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it actually isn't. So hopefully that there aren't. I'll have to check this site. The music is, but it's not called spent. It's sometimes I think we're good. So let's go to Robin for us. Robin shouting to man.
Speaker 9: Robin might have been shouting out to the barbecue. Where's he at?
Speaker 2: Let's say, oh, hell, that's he there.
Speaker 9: Oh, Robin might be gone. I'm sorry Rob.
Speaker 2: Robin, oh man bummer?
Speaker 9: Well oh yeah, I got a I got a message here he said, had to drop off, have a good night.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Okay, Well I'll give a shout out to Robin.
Speaker 1: It's great to have you. How about that for a shoutout? And that's always glad to have you on the show, So thanks for showing up. Hope you'll be back again sometimes. Uncle, who do you have as a shout out?
Speaker 6: Shout out to do jimmy name?
Speaker 10: I haven't been able to talk to him much, so shout out to him that we were just having this conversation with and.
Speaker 2: And what's his name?
Speaker 6: Robin?
Speaker 10: Also shout out to you all, and whoever else has been listening, Shout out to him, Chuck, did you want shout anybody?
Speaker 9: The shout out to the listeners in Ireland and other parts of the UK that popped up during Uncle's show. We do not usually enjoy you. I know it's early early morning over there, or maybe not early early morning. Is it eight hour difference or six hour?
Speaker 2: I forget think eight, I think eight.
Speaker 9: Well, either way, it's the morning time for them, it's nighttime here in the US, and you know we usually don't have them live, So thanks for tuning in absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Uncle We're at Uncle podcast is Twitter, YouTube and twitch, unclethepodcast dot com, the website. Thank you for listening live on the UTILI Radio network here on Fridays, but you bring us home for the weekend.