Speaker 1: You are listening to the Age of Transitions. I'm your host, Aaron Franz. My website is the Age of Transitions dot com. Please go to the site to find the podcast and support the show. Have shirts for this show for uncle the podcast. Have my Patreon campaign. Have been posting videos from the Singularity Summitt two thousand and nine to Patreon, so you've been enjoying that material. Also have my book Revolve Man Scientific Rise to Godhead that's available in ebook or paperback copies. Also have the affiliate links at the Age of Transitions dot com Libsyn. If you use promo code Fronds, you get two months for free. And if you're ever buying any books online, remember to click through the link to bookshop dot org on my website. Anything you get there, I'll get a small amount back, So thank you for doing that everybody. Typically on Friday nights, I'm live on the Oceleradio network Ocelli dot com and this week was the same, but the beginning of this particular show got cut off. We just didn't have the recording for it. I have lots of technical difficulties going on across the web, and it's not only the ocell radio network experience experiencing this, but seems to be everywhere. So the beginning of this interview is cut off, but it's an excellent interview that I had with Gil Duran, who is an independent journalist and he runs the nerd Reich dot com, which is an excellent blog website all about the rise of the network stay the techno fascist billionaires that are going about taking over our government right now, and I was very lucky to get him as a guest at the Age of Transitions. This is an excellent interview. So right here this interview, I'm just gonna play as much as I have, and most of the interview is still here. This was right as Gil was talking about what he's doing with the nerd Reich and his plans in breaking these stories, and his plans for the future and what he wants to do, So the interview is picking up with that, and then I get into asking him questions about transhumanism and we go from there. So I hope you enjoy this interview. Thank you very much for listening, everybody.
Speaker 2: So the first part was to get the media to do it, and it's only happening now, right I talked to the New Yorker this morning. That podcast just went up into the New York Times right now, and so people are starting to tune in. The next part we get will be to get people to act, people in tech, people with money, people who have the resources to fight back. And so I don't plan to stop. And there's just a lot of work to do in the near future and probably in the far future as well.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, man, there's so many things in there. First of all, that so the California Forever Community was your four a into this. I do remember you writing about that. That's fascinating right there, and I think I might want to return to that. But another thing you said in there about this being an ideology for these guys, these Silicon Valley billionaires, That's.
Speaker 3: Been an interest in mine.
Speaker 1: I've been around making commentary about the ideology of this sect for a while now. Years ago, I stumbled upon this concept of transhumanism, and this group is very much in that world. They are that world. Just briefly, have you touched on transhumanism at all? Have you seen that you're aware of that part of Definitely.
Speaker 2: I became aware early on in my research of the concept of test creel right transhumanism, extropianism, singulatariaism, cosmism, rationalism, effective altruism is it? And then what's the last one, Oh, long termism, which is kind of the most important one. Right, there's this bundle of weird culty beliefs coming out of Silicon Valley, and transhumanism is this idea that we're going to merge with machines, right.
Speaker 4: And become extra human.
Speaker 2: And you've got people now going around in this Silicon Valley milieu saying they might not die, they might live for they're going to beat death and they're going to basically merge with computers in AI and you know, take special powders and drink extra version olive oil and live forever. And this sounds insane, but Google Brian Johnson, right, don't die. I call it the cult of don't die. And that's definitely something I'm looking deeper into.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm getting opportunities to go deeper with my work because there's a you know, suddenly paid subscribers have shut up, I should say, And that's really helped because all the work I did on this over the past year was self funded. You know, I wrote some pieces for a magazine, But I don't know if you've freelance doesn't pay much. It paid all those stories, paid about a month's worth of rent in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: But I didn't do it for money. I did it because it had to be done.
Speaker 2: And now that I have an audience showing up and I can fund, then they're they're funding my work. I plan to go deeper into some of the stuff. Back in September, this guy, Brian Johnson, you're familiar with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I know Brian Johnson. Yeah, the heat, the blood, the transfusions of his son's blood.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah.
Speaker 2: That and he's got some Don't Die thing and he sells this powder and claims he's got an algorithm to kind of hack longevity, which I think, according to science, is not a thing. But I went to his Don't Die conference in San Francisco and it was pretty surreal, and I took a lot of notes there and planned to write something about that, but I got into some other stuff and I got to return to that. But you know, there's some really weird stuff happening. And I went there and there's all these young people that're kind of recruiting into this, who just want to be tech millionaires or billionaires and think, if I hang out with these guys and go along with their stuff, maybe they'll I'll get in the door somehow. So there is this sort of recruitment funnel, and he's taken this thing all over the world, doing this little don't Die conference. Although the you know, there was definitely some problems. There wasn't enough food, and some of the stuff was off schedule, some of the pre It was basically a conference of people presenting weird health tech things, and some of that was kind of light, so it was a little flimsy.
Speaker 4: And but you know, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Is, you know these people are when you look at it, when you look at transhumanism and you look at cosmism and all these other isms that they're coming up with, it seems like they're really trying to form a new sort of cult religion based around tech. And like cult religion, which is something I'm very familiar with, there's some when you look closely enough and you're skeptical, you see all the seams and the flaws and the cracks, and they depend on finding worshipful people who just want to believe to go along with their bullshit, basically.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now on, I mean along these same lines and staying with the ideology concept. I have been doing this media myself in an alternative media sense, and I have definitely delved into like conspiracy theory ideas myself.
Speaker 3: These days, I try to not do that.
Speaker 1: Because I've been involved in this to the point where I've become soured on it. However, what I've noticed is that when I was first looking at transhumanism, I didn't necessarily view it as the fringe sort of very It's a fringe concept as much as any conspiracy theory, idea or community or whatever it is. And as this goes on, as these billionaires rise to power and they move forward, it becomes more and more evident to me that they themselves hold a lot of the same ideas that the sort of right wing factions of the alternative conspiracy world hold. I remember reading Andresen's let's it called the Techno Optimist Manifesto. Reading that, I'm like, this is like word for word what all the is independent conspiracy oriented people are saying. And so there, So at this point it's just like, Okay, these guys are these guys the proprietors of these ideas, and it seems like Musk is now using X to use it as a platform to platform these ideas. What are your thoughts on all of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think transhumanism is not such a fringe idea. I mean, Neuralink is one of Musk's companies, right, Yeah, what's the idea of neuralink to merge technology directly into your brain? So they don't see it as fringe. They see it as business, they see it as the future. And after seeing what Musk has done to the algorithm of X as its main algorithm, right, his belief system, can you imagine letting that guy into your brain for any reason? Can you imagine, you know, if he can develop this capability, what it would be about, what would happen to the world? You know, So they you don't see it as fringe. And I think one advantage they have is that if you try to talk about what they're talking about, you sound crazy. But they're billionaires, right, so they can be crazy. I've actually have known personally a lot of billionaires, or at least a few and quite a few millionaires. Rich people tend to be pretty crazy and tend to be into stuff that most people wouldn't assume from the outside that they're into, and so they kind of get away with it. And one thing I've noticed that was sort of very frustrating to me as covering this was they're saying this stuff out loud. They're saying it in books, they're saying it in long podcast interviews. They're having entire conferences about this stuff where they talk about it at length and say all kinds of crazy things. But nobody's listening except the people they're trying to target, Like journalists aren't tuning in. They're just ignoring it. And when you try to explain what's going on, what's being said, people look at you like you're crazy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the most stunning things to me over the past year. I mean, before I came back to journalism in twenty eighteen, I had a career of seventeen years in politics. I was the spokesman for Jerry Brown when he was governor and when he was mayor of Boakland. I was the spokesman persentat de Feinstein in Washington, which she was the chair of the Intelligence Committee. I was the communications director for someone named Kamala Harris from attorney when she was the Attorney General of California. So people know who I am and that I have this solid background in real politics. But I felt like my fellow journalists all mostly with a few exceptions, ignored all of my work on this, didn't acknowledged it anyway, not even like a like on a tweet, And nobody texted me to say, hey, what's the stuff you're working on. Everybody just kind of stayed away from it right like it was crazy stuff. And I think that they're going to regret that when this story comes to the forefront and they realized that probably the biggest story in American political history to take over, the attempted hostel takeover by a handful of tech elites, bubbled up out of the Bay Area in very few people are paying attention to it. So the point there being that we do need some people focused on the weird stuff coming out of Silicon Valley because we may consider these ideas or these people crazy, but they have enough money to be very dangerous in perpetuity. And one thing I've been calling for is the creation of some kind of organization specifically to keep a watch on these things and to issue public reports and to create media narratives and other products to shine a bright light on this stuff, because I think that's exposing it is a very important key to defeating it.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now let's return to California Forever, because it's fascinating and there's so much going on there. It's a swath of land, as you said, up north of San Francisco. It's pretty much like at first class, it kind of looks like any sort of big developer coming in developing a some sort of planned community or a housing tract or something. But it's much more than that, right, would you like to describe this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, California Forever. Well, for years, for a period of five years, some group was secretly buying up land in rural Solano County, which a lot of the land they were buying up was farmland or pasture land way out in the middle of this very rural area of a county. And when it finally came to light that it was this group called California Forever, it was unveiled that they had plans to PLoP this four hundred thousand person city down in the middle of those rural farmlands. And this was a big problem because that would make it the largest city in the county, I believe. And this is a county where they have a slow growth ordinance that strictly forbids exactly the kind of massive expansion that was being called for here. So you're picking this fight with a county where they have rules against this, and you suddenly want to create a new city that would be the biggest city. Not to mention the strain on the environment, there's not enough water or other resources. And in addition, the traffic is already horrible through this region on the one main interstate, So you're going to add four hundred thousand more people. It's not clear where you're going to build a new freeways in order to make this. So there's a lot of ways in which this project didn't make sense, but the media was largely covering it as debate between the Yimbis who want to build and the Nimbi's who don't want to build. And that's the frame they got stuck in. That's the frame they're used to. But you know, it didn't make sense that something this dramatic would be proposed by this group of billionaires. And to be honest, I wasn't really closely paying attention to it. And it was only after I read a review of Quinn Slavonian's Crack Up Capitalism book and got the book and read it that I immediately understood what this was, which was an attempt to create a tech controlled zone where it would be a new city with different rules and you know, kind of a sovereign form of territory, and that basically it was aligned with the network state. And the deeper I looked, I found that, you know, one of the major investors is Mark Endresen of Nresent Horowitz, a big venture capital firm in California, and the guy who's the main network state evangelist, a guy named Balaji Srinivasan, was a former general partner at Andresent Horowitz. And I started seeing all these connections and realizing that's what it was. And as I did deeper, it came to my attention that there had been a Network State conference in Amsterdam in twenty twenty three, and at that conference, six hours of people talking about plans to create network states all over the world, their own tech little cities and countries they're going to control. There was a presentation given by a guy named Spencer MacDonald, who's some kind of security expert, and the presentation was about how to have good security or new network state, you know, basically higher former Special Operations soldiers and have surveillance and drones and all this kind of stuff. So they're already planning for security for these things, right, They're pretty serious about it. But in his presentation, it was a slide on the screen and it was an artist rendering of California Forever, and I was like, well, that's interesting. They're basically identifying that project at the Network State conference as part of the Network State.
Speaker 4: And as I dug deeper, I found an interview with.
Speaker 2: Bology screen of Boston, like a six hour podcast interview. You know, the these tech bros like to go and talk for six hours for me, thirty minutes and hours pushing it, you know, but six hours straight they go. In that six hour talk, which I have painstaken listen to and transcribed, he says, you know that we already have a project underway on bear Land in northern California. And he doesn't go further than that. He sort of hints at it. But you know, I felt that that was enough of an easter egg or wink and they deny it. They completely deny that there's any connection at all, etc.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: There's no pattern it fits except for the network state cult ideology. And what happened was that the people of Solano County were so against this project, Republicans and Democrats. It was a I call it the miracle in Solano County. Someone found a way to unite Republicans and Democrats in twenty twenty four and it was reuniting them against this weird ass billionaire city project. And it was clear that they tried to put a ballot measure on to get the project approved that it was clear that it was going to go down in massive defeat.
Speaker 4: So they pulled it from the.
Speaker 2: Ballot last year, which was a temporary win because now they're trying all these other sneaky things to get in there. And you know, Trump is threatening to build ten so called freedom Cities around the country, and that's definitely the network State. I have a new video up on the nerd Reich YouTube channel explaining this in five minutes, and I would not be surprised if the Trump administration finds a way to force this on the people of Solano County if they have to.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, this is all interesting because it sounds like California forever. Was it itself a development to be a billionaire enclave sort of like the ones out here in Palm Springs near me?
Speaker 3: Or was this.
Speaker 1: A test for housing for the masses, which is what my vision of the Freedom City is. Is there a difference? Is there a difference between the two?
Speaker 3: Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I think what they see is they're claiming it's housing in California needs housing, But this is the most expensive and destructive way to build it. Obviously, what you want to do is build onto an existing city where we already have the infrastructure you need.
Speaker 4: This is bear Land.
Speaker 2: This is going to require a massive effort to create these houses, and it's going to be expensive to do that. So it's not building affordable housing. When you build new you're building the most expensive housing that there's going to be for a while.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But I think what they have in mind they mentioned in their plan the idea to apply for special kind of economic status, and I think that's the gateway into trying to find his zone, as Trump is talking about now, with the Freedom cities where the usual rules don't apply. You'll be free from the regulations of California and the United States. You'll be free from the usual tax regime, maybe not have any taxes at all. We've seen that model around the world. And you'll be free from certain kinds of regulations, perhaps run medical testing, which seems to be something. These guys are really interested in escaping the FDA and not being bound by its rules. Peter Tiil in particular is very interested in taking control of the FDA, and in fact, in twenty seventeen he proposed a candidate to Trump to be the head of the FDA, and that candidate was Boligishrina Vasen, the whole guy who wro the Network State book and is the main evangelist of the Network State idea. So I think that is ultimately the goal, and they were trying to frame it as an innocuous housing project, but anybody familiar with housing knows that there's nothing about this that makes sense. In fact, there was a quote from a developer of housing in California and the New York Times when the story first came out, who said, no one who knows how to do housing would try to do it in this way. So there's all these things that don't add up. So I think they do plan to have people there, but I think the idea is to have a hierarchical society that is controlled by a corporation, not by a democratic government.
Speaker 4: These are corporate towns, you know.
Speaker 2: I call them corporate dystopias, because what they're really trying to do is solve a problem that doesn't exist. The problem in our lives isn't that we have We don't have enough corporate control and intrusion, right, And that's the problem that they seem to think is the one that needs to be solved by these weird ideas. And so I don't know that they're really trying to build housing for the masses. It seems to me they're trying to build basically like bunker societies where they can escape. Remember, part of this whole idea is that we're headed towards some kind of major societal collapse and that nation states are not going to survive that, and that they, as the cognitive elite, need to prepare for that change and protect themselves and create these sort of digital surveillance castle societies where they and their crypto and their empires will be safe. And that trace us back to a book called The Sovereign Individual.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is fascinating because it gets into the concept of like the prepper movement even absolutely yeah, and these guys are the ultimate preppers. And what you're saying is they they absolutely believe this, and it makes sense like these are the guys that buy the luxury bunkers that we've all read about. Right, So this isn't just something that this goes back to again fringe conspiracy ideas where the prepper sort of concept was seen as whackerdoodle and crazy and this coming collapse was something that everybody would always talk about and definitely in the realm of the fringe conspiratorial like, oh yes, societal collapse, the country's going to fall apart. That was the ramblings of a crazy person once again. But what you're saying is that these guys believe this, right, they very much believe it. They're not just like pretending for the public. They're serious about it, right, totally.
Speaker 2: This has become a thing, you know, the prepper thing has gotten a little wider than fringe.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know more than one multi millionaire who has their little cash and stash and their their secret place, you know, if you can afford it. And it seems like it's become a luxury item, is to have your little bunker. And it's a very apocalyptic feeling movement. And they know it's not like you're totally wrong. Like the climate change we know is going to cause a trimanous amount of destruct and migration, and we're not dealing with that in the way that we should be. There's a lot of things that could go wrong and that are already going wrong. I mean, look at what's become of you know, certain parts of San Francisco and all over California. The homelessness wasn't like this twenty years ago, where you have tin cities everywhere. We're already seeing some decline. But instead of seeing this as a problem that they might try to solve with their technology and their wealth and their much vaunted intelligence, they seem to want to hasten decline and to somehow benefit and profit from it, which seems deeply immoral to me. And you know, I think it's important to understand that this is the mentality they have, is this apocalyptic. It's almost like a millenarian movement. We always have these end times movements for the past two thousand years, where people think the end's about to happen and we all have to prepare and we have to, you know, kind of get behind some big idea and you know, the end is nigh and in a way, it's just that, but with billionaires, and it's not the first time we've seen it. But you know, the aggression with which it's being pursued, especially in the takeover of the US government, is I think unprecedented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, go ahead, please continue.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going to say that, I should say part of the network state idea is one part of it is to build these new territories and cities. They call that exit, when you exit an existing society and create a new society. But another form they have, which they stole from a guy named Albert Hirschman who wasn't involved in the stuff at all. They like to steal other people's ideas and reformulate them. That's kind of the whole thing about Silicon Valley, isn't it. The other part is called voice and voices, where you stay and you use your voice and your power to.
Speaker 4: Take over an existing government.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty much what they're doing right now in Washington, right They've been talking about it for years. And you know, two years ago, this guy named Curtis Jarvin, who's been a very favorite thinker of Peter Thiel's, wrote a whole essay in which he said that if Trump got re elected, what he should do is hire a sort of CEO to be the dictator of the federal government and to operate outside of the authority and the law and the rules, and to purge government of anybody who wouldn't be loyal to the dictator, and that this was the important move to make. They called it a butterfly revolution, and it sounds a lot like exactly what's going on right now in Washington. So there's two modes. One is to create these new cities. The other is to seize existing governments and turn them into parallel versions of themselves. And they're kind of pursuing both right now, using their control of the government to try to hasten the creation of these freedom cities and accelerate their birth into the world. And so, you know, when I look at that, people are kind of Trump had these freedom cities in his agenda last year. His campaign plan and it was mentioned in news stories and nobody explained what it meant. Nobody said, what the hell is a freedom city? Yeah, where's the idea come from? Why do we need them? Who's going to live in them? How's it going to work?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Why who called for this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And they still haven't explained it. It's like, okay, I mean, I feel like if Kamala Harris had said I'm going to build ten new freedom cities, everybody would have been on it with investigative teams and telling everybody how weird it is and how it seemed to come from this weird Coltish movement called the Network State.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be too bitter about it, because people are now tuning in. But there's been a massive abdication by the mainstream media on this. And I speak as someone who wanted to be a newspaper man since I was in the fifth grade, And you know, it's been very depressing to see the limitations on it because our democracy is imperiled right now, and the job of the press is to protect that democracy, not to be ignorant of reality or to try to be neutral in the face of fascism.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now the media angle to me is endlessly fascinating as well in this because you have, as you said, the old guard standard news outlets that we knew of seem to be passing away now seem to be being discarded, seems to be being targeted outright by this regime which has been bought and paid for by these big tech guys. So it's the interplay between the propagandistic use of social media. Online media, formerly alternative channels for media is very much the platform that this sect owns and operates, right, So what are your thoughts on the propaganda angle of social media, of online media being.
Speaker 3: Used to sell this new.
Speaker 1: Project of government which which these guys are clearly a part of.
Speaker 3: What's going on with that.
Speaker 2: Well, they talk about it in terms of something they call fifth generation warfare, which is that you no longer need soldiers and armies necessarily, you just need to control perception. And how do you control perception, Well, you control the mediums of communication, you control the algorithms that decide what people see and what people hear. You buy up traditional media outlets, and you make the news into something that is the opposite of what it used to be and we see all of that happening right now, and I haven't seen anybody in the mainstream media mention, you know, fifth generation warfare five GW.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things that sounds like some weird conspiracy stuff off the internet, right You say something like that and suddenly you're in a tin hat looking for UFOs.
Speaker 4: But they talk about it very openly.
Speaker 2: And one thing that's interesting to me I mentioned earlier the Network State conference, and at the first one in twenty three in Amsterdam, there was when that Spencer guy, Spencer MacDonald gave the presentation We're California Forever flashed on the screen for a minute. He ended his talk by urging people to read somebody named John rob jo Hen Robb. And John Robb is a military analyst who seems to be pretty highly respected. It's been quoted in The New York Times and Wired for decades. He's an expert on the future of warfare. And I started reading his newsletter on substack. It's five bucks a month, not the kind of thing I'd usually subscribe to, but it's opposition research. Got to know what they're saying, and he writes very openly about this stuff you know about information war and how it's being waged. And in fact, a few weeks ago he wrote a whole analysis of what Elon is doing to the govern and he basically said, this is a prototype of the network state, and he explained all the ways in which it's designed to basically replace people with AI and create an entirely new form of government that's more effective for the twenty first century.
Speaker 4: And he also then pointed out all the vulnerabilities in the current project.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and so that's what they're doing, right, They're trying to control perception. And at the end of you know, I mentioned a few moments ago, Curtis Jarvin wrote this piece saying that Trump should have a dictator CEO takeover. Well, after you take over the government, purge it, have your loyalists in control, then you have to start taking over the centers of influence, the media academia, which they're currently attacking right, threatening to defund universities in the United States of America, right to pressure them to bow down to the right wing religion. They're becoming increasingly religious in their use of language and trying to meld with the Christian evangelical right wing and if you control all of those very influential institutions, then you can start to replace reality itself with a parallel version of reality, basically an unreality. And this is something that fascist and authoritarian regimes always do. They make it impossible for people to know what's true and what's false and condition them to only accept what the government says as the truth. And that's very much what they're trying to do with this. So it doesn't just stop it taking over the government at purging the bureaucracy and the public institutions. It involves also taking power over all of the influential institutions in society, and they do that through fifth generation warfare. And then they have an even bigger tool. Right when you can use the media or academia to spread your propaganda and disinformation, it becomes impervious to some degree. And so if any of your listeners haven't heard of fifth generation warfare, I would encourage them to look it up. It may not be the term we all need to use, but it's important to understand that they perceive this to be a propaganda war, a disinformation war, a war in which the most powerful element, the most powerful weapon, is information.
Speaker 4: And controlling perception, and.
Speaker 2: I think more of us need to be talking about that and talking about what we're going to do about it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: This is something I want to get your opinion on because I know you have a piece that gets into Elon Musk and his It was about his takeover of Twitter, it becoming acts, and then his promotion of certain Russian propaganda. I know this is a different direction, but clearly I'm not sure what your opinion on the dissemination of Russian propaganda on these social media outlets is. But for me personally, it seems like it's given priority. It's definitely there. It's suspicious. I don't know all the ins and outs of it. I know it's happening. What, in your opinion, might be going on with these guys and using their social media platforms to put out what would be Russian government talking points? What are your thoughts about that? What's the connection between Silicon Valley and Russia?
Speaker 3: Is there one? What's going on there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's all just a big coincidence that all the right wing in recent years in Silicon Valley guys are all about Russia and all for Russia. Nothing to it right, nothing to see here, it's just you know, happenstance, coincidence. Obviously there's something going on there, right, and we don't know exactly the depth of it. I mean, the Mule Report, which the right wing is portrayed as a failure of some kind, definitely found that Russia had intervened to try to get Trump elected.
Speaker 4: It's clear why they would do that.
Speaker 2: You don't have to believe that Trump is on the KGB payroll or FSB payroll, I should say, to think that they would want to see our country destabilized by putting a reality TV clown in charge of the White House, right, That's easy, you know. And so I am not the expert on that topic. I know some people who go much deeper into it and who think that it's the key to everything. I would say, at the very least Republicans who've always wanted to run government like a business, or so they say, and the Silicon Valley guys see the kleptocracy and oligarchy of Russia as a preferred form of governance. And there's an important book I read last year by Anne Applebomb called Autocracy, Inc. And it looks at how these autocratic governments all over the world, even those who have nothing in common ideologically, they may be diametrically opposed to each other in terms of ideology, have begun to work together and share technology and information in order to basically improve the efficiency of authoritarianism around the globe. They've kind of formed a basically a supervillain alliance, and they're not so much concerned with taking over the entire world themselves as they are at making sure that autocracy spreads around the globe, and they keep their power by helping others keep their autocratic power at the very least. I think that Trump and the tech fascists see that as the preferred form of government. It benefits them the most, and so I think they have a lot in common with Putin and with Russia, because they want our government to work the way that one does, where you have a handful of oligarchs around a dictator, a pretend democracy, where everyone's too afraid to say what they really think, and journalists get shot in the face if they cause trouble, and you don't have to go full on totalitarian to gain great control over society that's supposed to be democratic, and to scare anybody from resisting that. And so I think that the Russia model where putin wins with what eighty percent of the votes or whatever, is very much seen as as a success in terms of how you pull off an ontocracy in what is supposed to be a democracy. So at the very least that, at the very worst, there's something much more nefarious going on. There's been you know, you can google Project Russia and see that there's some advance thinking on a more detailed alliance that's more formal. But I'm not the expert on that subject, so I won't go too deep into it. I've gone deep enough into certain subjects and that's my part of the job here.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, Yeah, that's something that I'm trying to work out personally what the ins and outs may be of that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, very fair there.
Speaker 1: What about Okay, so we understand this is fifth generation warfare, it's an information war. There's a war on for your mind. As they say, right, what are we to do with the people who are just regular people who don't mean who mean well, but they're completely wrapped up and caught away with the propaganda aspects of this where they believe in this new regime. They believe that Trump is totally in control. He's making the government better as sold it's Musk, his captain is coming in making government efficient. This is great, Ronald Reagan, and he'd shed a tear if you were here today. I love it, clearly, And it's hard to tell how much of the population is still on board. It seems like those people are They're losing supporters all the time. It seems like because this is getting more and more obvious as each second goes by, that I guess that would be the question, are people actually do you think that people who were supporters are starting to turn away? And maybe that's a ray of hope. What do we do about people who are really sucked into this? Do we not do anything? What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Well, Trump's pull numbers are going down and Musks are going down precipitously. I think this ends with Musk as the most hated man in the world, which is ironic because he wants to be the most beloved man in the world. Right This almost like a Greek myth of a boy who wanted to be the most loved boy in the world, and so he does everything he can to become the most hated man in the world, and so they are vulnerable. They're not impervious yet to these failures. I mean, look at these guys are driving the stock market into the gutter, and you know, veterans are being fired. You've got Republicans already showing up the town halls and screaming at their representatives for what's happening. And there was just a pull a focus group of Michigan swing voters who deeply regret voting for Trump and despise what he's doing now. Right, So there's some political fertility there, and too bad we don't have a functioning opposition party that could take advantage of any of that. The Democratic Party mostly seems to be hiding under a rock these days, and they seemed to be the impression that people will just decide it's bad and come around and be against Trump. But I do think think that they're very rapidly burning through their political capital. But they don't seem to care. And that's what worries me. They don't seem to care. You know, I spent, like I said, seventeen years in politics. If somebody's driving down the poll numbers, they're gone. Right, It doesn't matter who they are, even if you've been with them a long time a staffer, you get rid of that, you cut off the dead weight, and that's not what's happening. Instead, they're sort of pursuing their project, not with the logic of politicians, but with the logic of suicide bombers. They don't seem to care about the future. They don't seem to believe there'll be any accountability, and that worries me because I think, you know, if I put myself into their evil minds, one of the things I would do would be to start raising real doubts, sowing real doubts about the electoral system and electoral integrity, and using the power of the government to do that and call into question whether elections are fair and free or whether we need some other process for deciding who's in charge. At this point, I don't put anything past them. And the reason I say that is because I do not understand, as somebody who had a very successful career in politics, who helped to win a bunch of campaigns people thought were unwinnable, I don't understand why they're don't care about public perception, don't care about popularity, don't care about the stock market, don't care about the economy. This is suicidal unless they know something that we don't. And so I think that the sooner people get active and start pushing back, you know, pushing pushing our leaders to act to resist, which they're not doing. And I think at some point it's going to take millions of people taking to the streets on a regular basis to show our great rejection of this new form of government they're trying to impose. I think that has to happen very quickly so that they don't think they can get away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now do you believe that this regime might see that coming? I know Trump, ever since I remember him running for president, to me, something that stood out is his just, uh lust for wanting to quash any opposition whatsoever. He was always like excited when some somebody'd start protesting at a rally or something and security you come in, you get all jazzed about that, saying beat him up and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: And it's just always calling for right.
Speaker 1: Jack boot tactics. So I don't know, it's just it's it's just wild to see do we do we all want to learn the hard way. I'm throwing like sort of odd questions at you here, but like, what what is this? Like how it's a big question. It's not maybe even a question, but like, do we have we made it to the point where we have to learn the hard way?
Speaker 4: Apparently so?
Speaker 2: But I think you know, how hard the lesson is depends on what people do now and what our leaders do, but also what we force our leaders to do. And I think Trump will go as far I should say President Musk will go as far as he's allowed to go, right, And we had to put a hard line down real quick and make it clear this is going to be a fight, and this is going to be a moral battle, a spiritual and moral battle for the future of our country, imperfect as it may be. Nobody voted to have it destroyed by a handful of foreign born billionaires, And no one voted to have the entire government just completely gutted and destroyed in this fashion and replaced with AI systems that would suck up all of our data and invade everyone's privacy and try to create the Big Brother out of Warwell, you know, in many ways, these guys are trying to be the villains from science fiction. They're trying to you know, they seem to sympathize with the villains and all the science fiction narratives, and they're trying to reverse engineer their way to that dystopia. And so I think that, you know, it's a very old narrative. Most of human history is a small group of elites trying to tyrannize the majority of the people, and it usually doesn't end well for the tyrants. There are a lot more of us than there are of them, and so I think people are probably feeling afraid right now.
Speaker 4: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: But we have to realize how much power we have, especially collectively, and studies show that it doesn't take a large percentage of people to be out in the streets and to be out protesting and finding other ways to revolt that, you know, with a small percentage of public visibility, no authoritarian regime generally can withstand it. And when I I've been doing a lot of traveling recently, when I look out the window or I go through a town like Portland or San Francisco or New York, there's a tremendous amount of wealth and power that has been accrued and amassed here by millions of Americans for generations.
Speaker 4: Generations.
Speaker 2: We all built this, right, If everybody in all those houses and all those buildings decides to do something about it, it's going to be pretty formidable. It's going to care of the hell out of people who are trying to deshore our government. I think the story could very well end with a bunch of billionaires and a few fake billionaires getting on planes to Moscow.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, when simple boycotts are being deemed as illegal, that seems like grasping at straws, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they cannot really do that. This is part of what this is too. It's important to mock Trump and to realize that Trump is weak. That's why he wants to sound strong, like the bully who goes around acting tough but falls down the first time he gets punched. Trump needs to look strong to his base. In reality, Trump is bought. Trump is not even the president. Trump is this flunky for the wealthiest man in the world, right, So people need to not be tripped out by.
Speaker 4: The idea that he can do all of these things.
Speaker 2: He's putting on a show of strength to mask his weakness. I think that's one way to look at you know, go ahead, you know, a lot of us have to be if you want to put people in jail, Let's go to jail. Let's go to prison. Right, Let's do whatever you want to do. Because the deeper that you dig this hole, the more accountable will hold you later. That needs to be the mentality. We have the power in government, not a handful of people who decided, you know, barely one by one percent. Right, it was a close race. It wasn't like, oh wow, American landslide for a fascist takeover. This is a very slim race. Remember, we don't need everybody. We don't need the MAGA base. We just need those people who kind of vote either way and the people who mostly we need the people who stayed home. And when you can't buy eggs and when every the prices everything's going up and you're worried that we're going to head into a depression or at least a deeper session, that's the kind of thing that gets people motivated, and that's what they're doing right now. You know, I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and I was in there trying to buy eggs, and the clerk told me I had two dozen, you can only buy one dozen by two, Like we're already at rationing eggs. This is insane, But you know, I felt lucky because for the past month or two, Trader Joe's hasn't had any eggs, so people are feeling it. Remember this election was supposedly one because of eggs, right, This is one of the superficial narratives. The media likes to tell itself that, oh, the price of eggs was too high, that's why. Well look at now, why isn't anybody talking about the fact that, like, you can't buy eggs or they're being rationed again. The media tends to play tends to give the Trump types of pass and hold the Democrats highly accountable, mostly because the Republicans have normalized complete insanity and corruption, and so it's not considered news that they lie and they steal, only cheat. It's only news if the Democrats do it. Not the Democrats are perfect. But you know, we haven't seen the Democrats try to overthrow the country yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting towards the end of the show, but I want to hit this topic. It might be a bit much, but just the concepts that AI. This takeover by doge of the government is very much to do with putting AI systems in there and replacing humans way with AI.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we seem to be seeing now. Wired had a story about this a couple of days ago. The idea is to you know, Elon was losing the AI race and now.
Speaker 4: He's got access to the federal government.
Speaker 2: And what happens if you have an AI system that hoovers up all of the data that the federal government has, becomes the most powerful AI system in the world.
Speaker 4: And I think.
Speaker 2: That's what Elon thinks he paid for when he bought Donald Trump part of it at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I it makes sense to me. Okay, Gil Duran, thank you so much for coming here. It's the Nerdreich dot com. Is that correct, that's a website, Nerdreich dot com. Any interesting things coming up of the podcast or any pieces that you're working on that that you would like to let people know about.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mentioned earlier John Robb, who is the military analyst who said we're in the middle of a network state takeover and thinks that's a good thing and said there were some vulnerabilities. I'm working on a piece that puts on my political communications hat. I examined the vulnerabilities, and I sketch out a basic game plan for how we start attacking based on his analysis. So that'll be my next little exercise coming up Monday at the nerdreich dot com.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: That sounds exciting, Gil Duran, this has been this has been great. Thank you so much for being on the show. I will just say that uncle, the podcast is coming up next. You could stay on if you want to, but would you like to stay for that or you gotta get going.
Speaker 2: I gotta get going. I've been doing too much talking lately. I gotta go read a book or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, sounds great. Thank you so much for coming on that. If I'm lucky, maybe I can have you back on the show again. This is This has been awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sure anytime. Thank you, and thanks for being interested early on when a lot of people weren't.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, well yeah, no problem, man, I'm glad that you noticed that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 1: As I said, I've been looking at this kind of thing for a long time now and and just the lack of discussion for so many years just boggled my mind. But now we're at the point where well you can't help but notice now so and as you said, is that good?
Speaker 3: Is that bad? It's mostly bad.
Speaker 1: But since it's the reality, let's let's see where we can get on understanding the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to understand it in order to beat it. And I think we're on our way.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well, Gil Duran, thank you once again, this was the age of transitions. The Age of Transitions. Dot com is my website. If you're listening live on the o'chelly Radio Network, stick around because Uncle is here. We're going to start Uncle the broadcast in mere minutes. So thank you. My name is Aaron Franz. As always, I will leave you by saying, seeker, seacute honesty. Please a mystery.
Speaker 5: You're standing phone of me? You want to know my history? What will your own motherbout you?
Speaker 3: So just ge.
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 4: Stop you.
Speaker 5: Name transport me transport Chi ca gotchi tracks