Speaker 1: What up as much? And you checking out the Cruise Show podcast, make sure to subscribe.
Speaker 2: Rate sure. Paul's back on The Cruise Show Real ninety two to three live from Puerto Rico to our studios here in Bert, Jake, Paul, my g, what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm good man.
Speaker 3: I'm just training NonStop and I'm excited for this June twenty eighth fight coming up.
Speaker 2: Here we go, right, Paul versus Chavez Junior Saturday, June twenty eighth. As you mentioned, Honda Center tickets on sale now. By the way, the fight will stream live globally on the Zone pay per view as well.
Speaker 1: You say you're.
Speaker 2: Training, right, We're training NonStop. This isn't You don't perceive this as an easy fight?
Speaker 1: No, definitely, no, man.
Speaker 3: This is my most experienced opponent, a former world champion, and yeah.
Speaker 1: He's coming to stop me.
Speaker 3: You know, his dad's legacy, everything for him is on the line. They say he's training harder than he ever has, and so I know that this is a really tough guy and a really tough fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I was thinking about it too, Bro. I was gonna talk to Garcia about it, Like yo, Chavis junior. You know he's been through what he's been through, right, But he also is coming into the ring, I would assume, with a point to prove, and that point is to win, and that point is to you know, shut up a lot of people, right, So you know, you're right, Yeah, he is coming in with some kind of vengines, you think for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, whenever someone fights me, they know it's going to be a massive fight, a big payday, and they don't want to lose to me. Because I've only been doing this for five years. Some people still think I'm a YouTuber Disney all that, those rumors are still out there. But to lose to me after you know, going twelve rounds, with Canelo being a world champion, all of these accomplishments in his career would basically ruin his legacy.
Speaker 2: Do you think his dad's gonna been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his dad's gonna be there for sure. You know his dad was at the press conference. I've never seen his dad, you know, be so excited about him doing a fight.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jake, we had you on probably about five years ago, you know, almost at the start of this journey, right in your boxing journey, and you told us man. Listen, I'm taking this shit seriously. A lot of people don't think so. And we fast forward to now and I look at all the pay per view numbers, I look at all the fights you've won. I've looked at what you've done for the sport of boxing. Have you made yourself proud of this process?
Speaker 1: Oh? More than proud? You know, I'm playing with house money now.
Speaker 3: I've accomplished so much more than I ever you know, could have imagined in in this sport, and in such a short amount of time. It's only been five and a half years as a pro, and there's still so much more to come. And so I'm just super proud of the impact I've made on this sport and the boxers' lives that I've changed, and the amount of kids I've inspired to take up this sport, which I believe is one of the best sports for mental health and just finding a path in life. So that's what it did for me, and I just love sharing that with the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, so do you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, no, no go ahead, no go for Garcia, I was gonna say, I mean, I look at this as the sport.
Speaker 1: Of boxing needs you, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and a lot of people may look at me and say that's not necessarily true, but I've seen what you've done for boxing. You put a lot of eyeballs on the sport, and I'll be honest, the sport doesn't always do that on its own. You figured out a way to inject yourself into this sport, be good at it and inspire a lot of people. I think you just said that right now with the kids, So salute man, And do you think the sport of boxing need you?
Speaker 1: Thank you man?
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, and yeah, like I think I'm a big piece of the puzzle for shore and have changed the sport for many, many many years to come and brought so many new fans, but definitely still stepping into my place as the king of boxing, and I think that's going to be solidified over the next two to three years. And I still have so much more to do, but definitely the sport needs me.
Speaker 2: Yo. What do you think to yourself in the mirror, Jake? What do you say to yourself in the mirror for a fight? What do you say to you know to remind yourself who you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I always write up my goal on a piece of paper and hang it on my mirror, and it's just simple. It's I Jake, Joseph Paul will knock out, defeat and embarrass Julio Caesar Travis Junior June twenty eighth, and I'm Californ, Wornia.
Speaker 2: I mean, yo, full on sentence, my gee, right like yo, you got you gotta give the universe what you want exactly.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm a big believer in manifestation paired with the work to match it.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are just like.
Speaker 3: God gives me a brand new yacht and then they don't get a yacht because they're just not working. So, yeah, the universe is a mirror and you get in what you what you put in.
Speaker 2: Yo. You know, with all due respect to the legend Mike Tyson, right, like yo, when we all saw his ass cheeks, we knew he was cooked. God bless did you get the world was seeing his ass before before you did.
Speaker 1: That was the one of the funniest things.
Speaker 3: I just remember seeing that in the locker room, and there were so many crazy memes that that came out of that night.
Speaker 1: There was there was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we broke We spoke super briefly at the inauguration and he was.
Speaker 1: He was in great spirits.
Speaker 2: Wow, good good. What's up?
Speaker 1: Question to you?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say on June twenty eighth, we got to tell everybody to not only is it Paul versus Chavis Junior, our guys who are those fighting as well? That's all that's going to be a tremendous fight with uh with world titles on the line.
Speaker 1: You have a stacked card.
Speaker 4: What fight are you looking forward to seeing before you hit get up there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really excited to see Avius Griffin. He just signed with m VPS undefeated and has a really tough opponent. I'm excited to see Floyd Schofield versus Tevin Farmer and also Holly Holme, you know, making a comeback so in the sport of boxing. So there's just so much excitement on the card all the way.
Speaker 1: Through and you can turn tail now.
Speaker 4: We got to remind everybody tickets on sale now.
Speaker 1: Man, it's at the Hondison, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Yep on his own pay per view as well. Are there any young fighters you're excited to watch come up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's there's a ton of guys.
Speaker 3: I think some of the fighters coming out of the Olympic class, Joshua Edwards putting on a great performance in his in his pro debut. There's Jamal Harvey and just a really good group of people coming up out of the amateur system. But yeah, like there's so much talent right now. It's just about them getting with the right promoters to make a name for themselves.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: And last time you were with us, we did a sock check, you know, you know, as they say, the higher the sock, the down to the foo. Can we can we get a quick sock check from you right now? Are we halfway there? Doggie?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 4: That's good enough.
Speaker 1: I'm happy, bro. Way down that was? That was that time you told that.
Speaker 4: That Canelo the boy that one better on the table and that.
Speaker 1: Ship went everywhere.
Speaker 4: Bro, that ship went everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm where to my high sex, my high socks next time, and Canelo is gonna get smashed on in some high socks for sure.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: What's the deal with that food?
Speaker 4: Like, what what is his deal? It seems like it's it's like a big tease, you know, just he can't figure out what he wants to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, look, he's just chasing the big paydays for I think the easiest opponents.
Speaker 1: So he is a businessman.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, you guys think or do you think? Does your team think that this is ever going to happen?
Speaker 1: I believe so it has to happen. At some point. It's gonna be too big of a fight.
Speaker 3: I think the only thing that would stop it from happening is just my skill level continuing to increase to the point where he thinks it's too risky.
Speaker 2: WHOA okay, like you you're getting so good you might you might put an end to.
Speaker 3: Him, you know, and and and what that would do to his brand and.
Speaker 1: And his legacy.
Speaker 4: So, hey, speaking a legacy, speaking a legacy, what do you want your legacy to be? Maybe not even in boxing, but as a human being? Like when it's all said and.
Speaker 1: Done, Yeah, I think just.
Speaker 3: My legacy, I believe, is like one of self belief. I guess where just like anything I've set my mind too and really focused on on it, I've been able to accomplish. But also self improvement because I was very flawed, had a flawed family, and have really been able to overcome a lot of those things and continue to improve as a as a young man. So I think just self belief and self improvement and being an example for those two things.
Speaker 2: For sure. Yo, bro, what does the face of this fight look like for you? If you can lean in and show us the face?
Speaker 1: M hmm, I would. I would say, like just some.
Speaker 3: Nitty gritty warship like that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get active. You say we go get active. Were gonna get active. That's it. Let's get active, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Paul versus tom As Junior Saturday, June twenty eighth, Honda Center. Tickets on sale right now. The fight will stream live globally on the Zone pay per view, Garcia anything else.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to shot you out for boxing bullies, man.
Speaker 1: I think that shit is so cool.
Speaker 4: I think you mentioned that you were a bully back in school, so you want, you know, this is your way of paying that forward and showing kids that they can, you know, empower themselves through boxing. So I just want to shot you out for that. I love when people do shit like that for the youth. Man, It's so important.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man.
Speaker 3: I love the cause in helping helping kids get better and like I said, being an example of being a bully but then realizing it was bad, and then being an example for kids who maybe are bullying to be able to realize.
Speaker 1: That what they're doing is wrong and make a change.
Speaker 2: Good man, good good, good work.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for the time. Come see us anytime.
Speaker 1: Man. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Broth all right, Hey Jacking Rich for the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to the Crui Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Make sure to subscribe and hey, auto download so you don't miss an episode.