Speaker 1: Regular time. Okay, you're sponsored by wall streamsdow dot com and listeners liking, yeah, and now avacivated.
Speaker 2: All right, So, despite my best efforts to get on air live on time, guess what, we're still ten minutes late. And it is April tenth, twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. So anyway, I'm gonna try and dispense with my usual long talking for sure here at the beginning. Uh, just to give you guys a couple of quick notes which I probably will forget to mention later.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: First of all, this is gonna be a tough weekend where I am trying to gather up funds and I want to do a thank you show, you know, tomorrow. The reason why I'm gathering up funds is that April is my difficult month. So yeah, it was my birthday three days ago, and you know, I got to thank my daughter, you know, got me a present, and you know, I had another friend put a little something toward you know, a little something for me, that's for sure, and I appreciate and recognize that. But unfortunately I almost paid off the whole website for the year I took care of that during the course of the year. There's a little bit left on that, and there was a lot of promises made by people that said they would cover this that third thing and did not do it. So I still have a couple outstanding bills to like, say, speaker, which has to be paid otherwise the RSS feedles shut down. I have in hand, though, a Riverside account which I want to start utilizing, but you know, it's a little unfriendly to Windows ten, and I can't install Windows eleven on my computer, and I had money set aside to try and buy a you know, a refurbished one so that it could be low with Windows eleven. And by the way, when I try to even you know, get like the trial copy of Windows eleven, my machine's not a week machine, but according to this thing, my specs are not good enough for Windows eleven. According to this thing, according to Microsoft, that thing. So I'm kind of not quite ready to animate the Rumble channel yet. But the second I have a you know, strong enough machine Windows eleven ready, we're definitely gonna start rolling with that consistently, and we're probably gonna experiment it with this live call in show on Fridays immediately, So let's leave it at that, about three minutes deep into the show, and I don't want to waste any more of it telling you that, you know what, if you don't support what's happening, it won't expand and it won't continue. But that's up to you. And I'll try and release this podcast as early as possible because some funding is time sensitive and needs to be done over the weekend. So I not only want to thank people on air, but also i'd like to collect a few addresses if there are a few to collect and literally mail people something physically, you know, nothing huge, but a thank you and a personal one at that for anybody that's given me what I hope, frankly and personally to be this I don't know, maybe last year of what I do, And you know, because I'm only taking in a year as the time as it is, and quite frankly, I only ever at maximum, wanted to live to be fifty four years old at most, and frankly, there were times I didn't want to make it that far. So you know what, I don't know if I would bother to do this another year and struggle and fight and go for that weird space where I don't have a lot of teammates or allies, and you know, think for myself and do things my own weird way. You know, maybe it's time for me to move on, but not until next April, for sure. And if I'm still breathing for my fifty fifth birthday, maybe I do something else. Maybe I don't. Maybe I wait and see what you guys want, and oddly enough, I'll let somebody else determine the future of my activities. In the meantime, still doing the baseball card collecting thing with Frankie on a no budget, so you know, it's not like I'm putting money there instead of into the radio network. But I'd love to expand it a little bit and maybe, you know, get some partners and people that will work it and I can hand it over to somebody else. I mean, hell, if they change the name but the structure stays the same and the spirit remains, I would be pleased, you know. And it's not like it's a monetary thing. It's a trust thing that I would have to establish with people, probably somebody I already know, if they want to go, you know, if they want to do it, if they want to add this to their arsenal of you know, truly independent media. Maybe I just give it to them, and then they have the audio radio station online twenty four to seven and the distribution of and all that that has the name o'celli somewhere in there, but is no longer branded that way. So long as the spirit continues in ay, I'll give you my archive and everything if we can figure it out. Also, like I said, I want to give some gifts for people that actually help. So you know what, if you have contributed recently, do send me your mailing address, the latest one, not an old one, so that I can thank you properly with something in the mail, you know, and it won't be ticking and it won't be a dead animal, I promise, unless that's what you really want. I mean, you know, we can work it out. But in the meantime, I'm going to try and have jokes and I'm still doing the am wake up thing, et cetera, et cetera. But I want to do a thank you show over the weekend, which would be a unique one for me. They all are unique in my mind, but then again, maybe I'm crazy. Any who, it is Friday and I want to talk to you three to one nine, five two seven, five zero one six. My co host be Pete is with me. Maybe he wants to talk to you guys or not. I'll let him speak for himself. But three one nine five two seven five zero one six, as advertised on social media, best I could, and I asked to be Pete to do the same. I'm sure he did. There's a live chat room that I'm not in right now because I want to focus, and quite frankly, only one of my eyes is even vaguely capable of doing that right now, because I've had series is of migrain headaches this week, so eyes not you know, gee, what a shock. Chuck is saying his vision's not good. Yeah, I know. It's also Friday, and it could be a Tuesday or a Monday, because it's never good any day, but it's especially bad today. Oh. By the way, Aaron Franz will take over the mic on time, hopefully or close to as I could land it at ten pm Eastern with the age of transitions. Then at eleven pm Eastern, Uncle, the podcast will be live, you know, with with all with all luck and tech meantime three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to get into this, you know, be Pete, I'm almost thinking we should start taking a break right after I give the numbers, give people time to consider calling in, and then do that, you know, because I want to change the format of this thing and make it more successful, make it a bit more snappy, give it a better rhythm. What do you think of that consideration somewhere in your commentary and also just in general, open it up. How you doing? What's on your mind? You know, if we get callers, we'll interrupt whatever it is we're doing. But in the meantime, how you be, Pete? Oh three one nine five two seven five zero one six because I always got to repeat this, But anyway, how you doing this particular Friday, sir?
Speaker 4: Doing good?
Speaker 5: It was a busy week of been trying to get a bunch of home and Purmose Doney's some painting.
Speaker 3: Gun the other day, so working on one. I are in a couple of things, so.
Speaker 5: A little bit here there, musing in and out, trying to catch up with the news and see what's going on in the world. Apparently the bloggest here has ticked off Trump, so he's ticked off the bloggest well not the whole bloggest here, just the new neo Nazi Broadcast Association select few.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Other than that, well, we just had what Artemis two has come back down getting ready it hasn't splashed down yet. I don't know, but apparently they went the purpose into space of any astronauts to date by going around the back side of the moon.
Speaker 4: Everybody calls it the dark side of the moon.
Speaker 3: But it's actually the backside of the moon.
Speaker 5: Okay, the dark side of the moon is on a new move and we don't see a move, so actually both sides are dark at times.
Speaker 2: You know, quick weird question, be Pete, Just quick weird question for you, due to the fact that we have a strong contingent out there and Internet land that certainly does not believe that the moon landing was real, might even think the moon itself, as Bake thinks that we've been lied to across the board about this. And I've recently gotten into more than one argument that I didn't want to regarding the moon landing and NASA and all. I'm curious you. I haven't taken a note yet, but what are the moon landing hoaks? There are people saying about Artemis. Is that like just the new TV show Special Effects? I mean, or is there are we actually trying to go this time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was just curious.
Speaker 4: Good, No, I saw something the other day. They're doing it.
Speaker 5: You know, all the footage that we saw for the spacecraft was actually in a studio, just like when we did the Apollo craft.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: So I don't understand these people. They're the same folks as the flat earthers, and yet we've yet to have one go to the edge of the Earth and say I'm here, this is what it looks like.
Speaker 3: So you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: No matter no matter what we do, no matter what mankind accomplishes, somebody out there is going to say it's fake. Yeah, And as we've seen on the blogger sphere and on the Internet, that's what gets the clicks and that's what drives.
Speaker 4: Traffic, right.
Speaker 2: And I mean, you know, it's gotten so weird that some of the stranger hopes her stuff has actually melted into the background. Now it's not the prominent thing. It's just a given fact if you're sort of in with certain people. You know, I almost wonder what Candace Owen's viewpoint is on this, you know, because she's kind of out there. I don't know. Maybe you like Candace, maybe you don't. I don't think I've ever asked you directly about what your thoughts are on her. Oh and a ps on your home improvements. By the way, you were telling us about ripping out all that wire what two weeks ago and how much it costs now and it's a big increase in cost and everything else. Did you finally get through with the whole job on the and the rewiring anyway.
Speaker 3: Now I've hit a stag right now.
Speaker 5: I've got to go and pick up a couple of breakers for the breaker box because there's different boxes out there at the two that I got don't fit, so I've got to run back to Lows and swap them for the ones that will fit my square D box. But the biggest thing is just ripping out all that old romex. I mean, this is stuff that was put in there probably back in the fifties. And this is the old like ten gauge wire that you know, as stiff as a board and thicker than hell. I mean, it's come with today's modern switches and outlets. You know, I'm using a twelve gauge on a twenty amp circuit, so you know, it's it's pretty easy to work with. But this stuff is the old type of romex that used to be encased in cloth, okay, and you know, would have paper in it. And this is in a garage where this is an old garage built in the fifties. You know, it's damp in there. It's not the it's not air tight, it's not waterproof. So I'm having to use, you know, certain things just to meet code. But now I'm not halfway through what I need to do. I just got some shop lights to get mounted up in the ceiling. All of the other stuff was fluorest and I've gone with some LED lights to see how they do.
Speaker 3: And then the biggest thing is just twice of copper. You know, it fluctuated so much.
Speaker 5: One hundred of romes could very imprice up to ten fifteen bucks, you know, in the course of a week. It just depends on where you get it and how recently they purchased it. But used to get it at Bold at places like Agra Supply. You just go in there and paid you know, like forty four cent a foot.
Speaker 3: If you're getting a hundred foot or more.
Speaker 5: It's not so easy to do that anymore. A lot of places have gone to prepackage stuff, and you know, Lows. Actually, I thought Amazon, who's got good prices on stuff, would be better than somewhere.
Speaker 3: Lowers to get. If the Lows is actually shoot for. When it comes to electrical stuff, I'm surprising.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, in fairness, you're probably dealing with like ancient stock, right, I mean, it's uh, you know, it's got to be the stuff that's been laying around a bit, right.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you know, electrical copper wire is just like gasoline.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was there thirty five cent gallon to put it in my tank.
Speaker 5: But the minute the price goes up to fifty cent a gallon, that's what I'm charging you, whether it cost me that or not.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't matter with the inventory level way. Yeah, So it doesn't matter about the infancy. It doesn't matter if that inventory is ten years old or ten minutes old. We're going with the current price. That's the way that rolls. Okay. I didn't know about that. With Clows. I thought, so, you know, because obviously you're not going to make price adjustments on forty thousand different kinds of like screws and bolts, you know what I mean, based on how many of you? I mean, that would be what an inventory night arath to try and you know, pull that together properly, I think. Uh, but then again, maybe that's just me being crazy, you know. And I had another question for you too, Yeah, you watch it any baseball?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What did I watch last week?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: Oh crap, I forget the game that they had on? Was this Sunday night?
Speaker 5: I know I watched, uh two weeks ago, I watched the Kansas City Atlanta game?
Speaker 3: Was it Kansas City Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I don't know who it will be this weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm not catching a lot of it on broadcast.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: TV Fox has it on one night a week and then anything else I'd have to catch on the net. I went to Prime and I went to TV and everything is for subscription now. I say prescription. It's about like a prescription cost life. Everything is subscription now. I went through Prime. I'm argu major sportsf by a subscription on top of your one hundred and thirty some odd dollars Prime membership.
Speaker 3: So it's just getting ridiculously expensive.
Speaker 5: There's and I've read something the other day there's a class action shoot somebody assuming the NFL because of the crisis, that they're charging for their NFL Prime and things like that.
Speaker 3: The thing that really ticked me off was.
Speaker 5: NCAA National Championship Game and the Final Four last weekend, Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect it to be on TVs. I come home.
Speaker 5: Expecting CBS is going to carry the Final Four and the National Championship Game.
Speaker 3: No, both of them on TVs. I had to watch it.
Speaker 5: Somebody fired in a broadcast of off YouTube, and of course that would only last ten minutes till somebody blocked them out and you had to find it somewhere else. So it's gotten ridiculous trying to watch sports now. You know, USL is on Fox on Friday night, so we're watching the Unsuppered Football League. You know, it's just it's getting harder to watch sports without paying a fortune for it, and people are finally starting to complain.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's taking this long, but it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, you know positive note I can give you here is that you know, Peacock actually carries quite a few games and I took the advice from Eddie and figured out something. See, sometimes you buy something new and they give you, you know, like a temporary like you know, guest subscription to things, so believe it or not, like Kim had to replace her phone and I don't know why, but they gave her an online pass to a serious XM. You know, so I can't watch the games, but I can listen to I think every game on there with her free subscription. I think she's got six months of it, which, hey, we'll get me through this baseball season because you know, realistically, I only want to listen to the Mets, but if I wanted to listen to another game, and I assume they'll have the playoffs and everything as well, you know, although they did a weird thing with Netflix, and Netflix had like Opening Day Baseball, which was strange, but they only gave you the one game, the Yankees game that day, so you know, it is a nightmare though, like trying to it used to be if you knew or you know, if it was Ted Turner's team, you knew how that worked. And ever since, like nineteen seventy eight, you could watch the Braves anywhere in the country right, it was a good deal. But then you know, when everybody started breaking it out and doing it differently, well, that wasn't gonna last anymore. And I wasn't so ted. You know, in his infinite wisdom, probably fell into line at some point. And now the braves are part of everything else. But even in the old days, you had a broadcast element, and in fact, in a lot of markets was an independent station, which you know, collectively they would somehow get just the license for the one team, you know, not the full Major League Baseball package. But that way, you know, locally, you could tune into the Mets, the Yankees up in Jersey, or if you lived a little bit west, you could watch the Pillies from broadcast, and then with cable as well. Now everything is so screwed up that even if you have access to it, or like say, I try and use tune in, which has lots of free radio stations on it, to go listen to a Major League Baseball game, it literally gives me a message that due to Major League Baseball's you know, agreements, blah blah blah, you're blacked out. You can't listen to this. So I imagine that's a thing for everybody, and Major League Baseball needs to get more access to people. It needs to get more involved with people, because they are falling behind. It looks like soccer is starting to overtake them, you know, because it's more participatory for kids and stuff. And you know, the NFL has been king for a long time. I mean, America's pastime has not been America's pastime for a minute. And it's a lot of business decisions and strikes and such that have caused them to not be the attractive product really, and yet they're still full steam ahead with this. You know, you got to pay somebody a couple hundred bucks if you want to watch the games for the year. You know, it's like the old Prince of minor season ticket almost yes, sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh, at least at least a season ticket.
Speaker 4: I can go, well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I can go on Amazon, fine, which you know, I've.
Speaker 5: Gotten my money back for my subscription based on the shipping charges. I haven't been charged for all this stuff that I ordered. Okay, so it pays for itself in that respect. But I can get Peacock through Amazon and still the same thing as if I just bought it straight out from Peacock.
Speaker 3: Now some of the stations, like ABC on Saturdays.
Speaker 5: They have Hockey Saturday. They'll have three games back to back, three hockey masks, which is good. But like Fox when they show baseball, I'm always seeing the Braids. I didn't like the Braves back when Turner had them on his network, tried to call them America's team.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of the Braids. I don't want to what.
Speaker 5: I'd rather watch any other two teams out there than the Braids.
Speaker 3: I'd rather watch the Yankees and the Braves. And I'm a Toronto fan. Shows you how much I hate the Braves. But I just get tired of it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you get this game because they're in your region, so you guys must like them.
Speaker 3: Well, if I don't wanted to watch Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I would go out and pay for cable so I could watch TNT or TVs whoever's carrying them now. And you know, because that it used to be on Turner's network every game. Well, I'm not a Bravey fan. I'd rather watch anybody else?
Speaker 2: Was he? Now?
Speaker 3: Women were at that part of easion watching hockey or.
Speaker 5: Or because it's in between seasons, you know, college basketball is over with we get women's professional soccer. Well, I'm sorry, but if I want to watch quality soccer, i'd rather watch the Premier League out of the UK or men's teams, because this women's sports thing that they're pushing now on the weekends has made TV impossible to watch.
Speaker 3: I don't care about women's volleyball.
Speaker 5: I do not give a damn about women's professional volleyball.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that's what.
Speaker 5: We're subjected to on broadcast TV or women's whatever. If I want to watch quality sports, I'm not watching women Why do you think the WNBA has lost money every year since they've been in existence, and if it wasn't for the NBA subsidizing them, they wouldn't be around.
Speaker 4: It's because it's not qual ball.
Speaker 5: I don't even watch the NBA, but i'd rather watch that which NBC has.
Speaker 4: Is it Sunday and Monday nights? I believe it is.
Speaker 3: They'll have NBA games thought, yeah, now, but other.
Speaker 5: Than that, you know, trying to watch sports on broadcast TVs damn near impossible.
Speaker 3: It's not there.
Speaker 2: Well, see, there's a funny thing there too, is that I live in Georgia, right, so you'd figure there are Braves fans here, and there are. But guess what you don't figure is that you'd think, Okay, so they got the easy access there there, you know, pretty much like when I lived in New York and New Jersey, I was guaranteed, you know, say half of the games, you know, half of the Mets games were on a broadcast channel. They were on wwo R, although the Mets and Yankees have literally traded broadcast networks now because the the Yankees are on ww R and the Mets are on Channel eleven. But but here's the funky thing here in uh, you know, in Georgia, even though you live here, if there is I think it's some sort of agreement, like if they don't sell out so much of the stadium, the game is blacked out, So even if you live in Georgia, you might be stuck with I think they give us a lot of San Francisco Giants, and there's some other team that's like constantly on there. It's not super popular, like an American League team. I'm trying to think who it is, but like you have those options, but they don't go on on TBS or whatever or TNT there's no game there.
Speaker 3: So well, if that's the blackout rule.
Speaker 5: Both Norse professional sports have that, where if.
Speaker 3: They don't sell out in that in that franchise, like.
Speaker 5: It used to be in the NFL, we always got before the Carolina Panthers came around, we'd always get to watch it the Redskins games, they were big in this area. And then once Carolina when they first started, there were a few games that they didn't sell out and we were living, well, it was a forty minutes from Charlotte in Hickory, and they would black out the broadcast.
Speaker 3: Wanting people to buy tickets and go to the game.
Speaker 5: Well, it's too damn expensive to buy tickets and drive forty minutes to Charlotte, paper parking and dinner and everything else, so we would.
Speaker 3: Try to catch the game on TV. Now it's not so bad now.
Speaker 5: Because of the way they've worked out the contracts of carrying either the NFC or the AFC, whichever network carries that game. Fox usually carries the NFC games, but we always see the Panthers on the local CBS station for some reason the way the contract works out, so we're not missing games. But you know that standard in that, you know, that's how they protected ticket sales for a long time.
Speaker 2: My apologies for the barking dog, but oh when I forgot to mention this, anybody who's like, you know, anywhere near making Georgia or Bepete if you want to take a road trip. Got quite a few puppies in the house again. But they're not little dogs. This is a stray dog that missus Oh let in. And it is a big headed, partially bulldog, you know, like most dogs are in the South. It looks like to me most mixed breed's got some kind of you know, pit bull or bulldog in them. And that is that big bulldog making noise in the other room. That's the MoMA bulldog. Anyways, got a bunch of puppies here that I'm gonna have to figure out a way to read home because missus O brings home stray animals. I know, the joke should be that's how she got me. But if you happen to be somewhere nearby, I have big puppies and I have little dogs even that need new homes. But big puppies are the big problem because as soon as they start eating food, I can barely afford to keep usped and you know missus O is not going to drop him off at a shelter in a box, which, by the way, there's a surcharge for if you get caught doing it, uh here in Georgia. So you know, we got to try and find homes for these pumps. Uh So anyways, just in the side there, you want a dog be beat for your house? You want you want a big old dog. Oh no, no.
Speaker 5: No, If I'm will get a big old dog, I almost spend the money and go get me a bloodhound.
Speaker 2: Oh but this is free. And I'm telling you these are big, powerful, pretty looking things. Uh and they're mostly black and white.
Speaker 4: I owned I owned a pit bull.
Speaker 5: I owned a pit bull at one time and I sent him to somebody out in the country when he chewed through a chain ling fence to get to a dog and heat, and somebody wanted to sue me for the damages and for the vet bill and everything else for his dog. That was a heat that by going that route.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, these aren't pure pitfulls.
Speaker 5: He literally through a chain link fence.
Speaker 2: We had one, you know, another one that missus O brought home. This this was way more pitbull than anything else, one of those like red nosed you know pitbulls, right, and uh he decided he wanted you you've seen Alice, the little CHEWEENI he decided he wanted to have his way with her because she was in he and uh so we shut him in Frankie's room and he literally chewed through the bottom corner of the door to go get like He's like, I'm going to get in that. And he couldn't figure out how to do it. Once he even got a hold of her, and she was voluntary. You should have seen her. He kept sliding her around. It was like she was hiking. He was hiking the weienie dog, you know, like putting it through it like root root. He couldn't get it done.
Speaker 5: But anyway, bones, I went out Christmas and got mine one. It was about two and a half feet long, and the knuckle on the end of it was as big as a baseball. The other end it was about the size of a softball. And I gave that thing to him Christmas morning. His eyes lit up. Now, his normal chew toy was a three foot piece of four by four, and I gave him this thing.
Speaker 3: He sat there in my.
Speaker 5: Living room and he had that thing gnawed down to nothing in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I was the chewest dog ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: So before Christmas Day was over, before Christmas Day was over, big raw hide knotty ass tough toy chew toy literally was turned into splinters.
Speaker 5: Before before I finished my Christmas breakfast to hell with, before the day was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a chewing and need no.
Speaker 3: Time, but I have to. The dog did get a commendation though from the Greenville Police Department.
Speaker 5: Oh really, we used to Yeah, we used to have a farmhouse on the middle of the main draft going through Greenville on Highway eleven. We had a farmhouse, okay, and it had tobacco field on one side, cornfield on the other side. It was between a hotel and a little strip shopping center that had a grocery store and it had a pick and pay shoe store in it. And one night there was a driveway that went came into our house, but it also looped back behind the tobacco barns and came out on the other side of the house on the other side of a big hedge row.
Speaker 3: And that was the drive that the farmer would use.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting there watching TV one night and it's you know, it's summer, the windows are open, it feels nice in the house, and all of a sudden, five cop cars come flying in my driveway, lights going okay, and I'm thinking, what the hell? And they zoomed past the house and they loop around in that driveway, and I go and look out the kitchen window and there's spotlights going across. The tobacco field had just been planted, so the plants were short, you know, maybe eight inches fall. And I see these spotlights shining over towards the shopping center, and I see this guy running and about that time I hear my dog. He jumped a seven foot fence and started chasing this guy. This guy had broken into the shoe store and he decided to cut across. He was staying in the apartments or in the hotel that was on the other side of us. He's running across the field with his armful shoe boxes of Nikes, and my dogs fight him and started chasing him. So the next thing I know, I got hop cars flying in the driveway. Off all of a sudden, this blurder goes past my door, and my dog is chasing after him, parting, and they've run across Memorial Drive, which was a forty five lanes at that time. They run across and he cuts between two houses, not knowing that there was a solid wooden fence there, and he runs right to smack into that fence, and my dog is on his heels.
Speaker 3: So I go running out the door, calling at the dog.
Speaker 5: The cops go running across the street.
Speaker 4: So I go over there and have to get my.
Speaker 3: Dog off the guy.
Speaker 5: And when I get back to the house and look, these guys are shining their spotlights across the tobacco field and there must be six or seven boxes that are flied open, you know, the tissue paper they wrap the shoes in. The wind has caught it. It's blowing everywhere. Cop comes up and he says, you know, like say, thanks for your dog. Weren't for him, I don't think we'd have caught the guy. You know, are you going to He says, well, now, if he'd have bit him, we might have to press charges.
Speaker 4: I said, well, wait a minute, he can't cut.
Speaker 5: Through my yard. He goes, well, you've got a good point there. Tell you what The next thing the fact at the teckt it was, you know, he had to come out and take some measurements at the store.
Speaker 3: Crap like that. He came out of the house because I'd really like to thank you for having your dog there.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't for him, we'd have never caught the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you described the guy as a blur going by, so he was booking. And how many boxes of Nikes did he have?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had four under each arm when he started running.
Speaker 3: By the time he got to my house, he had none.
Speaker 2: This would have been a priceless And I.
Speaker 5: Think what happened was is my dog caught him halfway across the field and started chasing him. That's when he dumped everything to start a hauling ass and about the time he gets to the house as a time, the car start flying in the driveway from both sides, right.
Speaker 2: This would have been a priceless YouTube video.
Speaker 1: BPD.
Speaker 2: You really should have taken out You gotta you know what you gotta do some of the stuff that you run into. I'm telling you, man, you need to just capture some of it on videos, some of the happenings that you come across, because I think you would make an amazing YouTube video all by yourself. And if not, you know what, we get integrated into the Friday Show where you're like, check out what I captured, Like B Pete's real video of the week instead of your music video of the week. It would be like B Pete's home video of the week. You know just what happened while be Pete was.
Speaker 5: No, Well, you know I need to I really need to get out in this town of Little More.
Speaker 3: You know, we're a little crossroads town.
Speaker 5: But the other day it's cutting downtown going to the dollar store to get some cigarettes, and there were twelve Pitt County Sheriff cars parked in front of the local police department. So they were going after this. They got a tip that somebody was coming through town. So we go further down the road and sure enough, they're sitting at this intersection in the next intersection, and it's like somebody has tipped them off. Somebody in some car delivering something they're not supposed to deliver is getting ready to come into town. The only other big thing that's happened here in the past two months, as they went around and started busting all of eight shops for selling gummies and things like that without the proper uh permits.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 5: So that was kind of news for the day. But our big event is happening next week. We've got the Shad Festival.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, look, look, you know what to do. Well, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take a quick break. I would like people to call in. I didn't realize you were still in Pitt County where you're at, because Pitt County is where I think either. No, I was I in Pitt County. No, my daughter was in Pitt County because she went to like, yeah, I was in Lenore. My daughter went to uh Pitt County, like the high school. Uh there's some kind of Pitt High School there. And I had to go and do work there as a glass glacier. It was so funny, like I'm there working, well, my daughter's in school, and uh, like it was a weird thing. And I was like, hey, you know, my daughter's in here, you know, and like on my lunch break, I was like I'd like to say hi to her. But I'm a mess, you know, from all this cement and everything we had to close down. I'm part of the hallway all that, but they were like the Pitt County Pirates or something. I saw hung up in the rafters, real proud of their sports teams, and and I was just like. I called her later that night, I was like, you know, I was at your school. She's like, yeah, I heard. I was like, you heard. Yeah. My vice principal was the you know whoever it was I was talking to in the office about. You know, we had to cut a hole in the wall to give them like a new like you know, almost like a drive through window, but inside the high school. So we had to put in a new window there among our other jobs. And it made a hell of a mess cut and draw all the cinder blocks and all, you know. But so we had to close down part of the hallway so the kids didn't wind up, you know, breathing in all the freaking cement that was being pulverized, et cetera, et cetera. But anyways, I didn't realize you were in Pitt County because that was pretty close to where I was. You're right, I was in Lenore, but now I remember my daughter was in Pitt County. Anyways, this is irrelevant to anybody in the world except probably me and my daughter. So I'm gonna shut up now and remind you guys, you can join into this, and we could We could do dog stories. I wouldn't mind that for a theme. Uh, we could do pet stories. We could do crazy stuff you've seen, or we could talk about the recent alleged ceasefire in the alleged war, if you really want. But I'm almost not in the mood because otherwise I would have done news shows. And once again I want to remind you that I'd like to be able to do a thank you show for anybody that drops in. My cash app is still functional as a it's like dollars signed the Ocelli effect that still works, and if you got to use PayPal, you can send over to missus. Oh, the links will be in the show description, are on the website, et cetera. I don't want to harp on that, so I'll shut up. What I want to harp on is that you can join three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to get into the and we got you know, one hundred open lines and no callers, so by all means, join in and let's see what we can turn this into. You me be Pete. It's Friday night, and if you're sitting around or driving around or whatever and catching us on your radio app welcome, welcome. But you can be part of the show, be the effect if you like, by not only you know, coming on and calling in or sharing the show or donation, et cetera, et cetera. A lot of options on the menu. And we're open for business on a Friday night, and we're also open for discussion. I'd like to have some laughs. Love that. If you want to be serious, call in and be serious, cool, whatever it is. I'm not going to restrict you. Just trying not to say anything, you know, highly inflammatory, like threatening to kill somebody or something. Don't do that. But otherwise call in and tell us what's on your mind. Because I'm feeling kind of mindless, this weak and uh yeah, it was my birthday on what Tuesday, kind of uneventful. But appreciate those that did give me a birthday wish, Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that just the acknowledgment means something to me. And the fact that you know, two of my kids went out of their way. My son Frankie decided to go down to the store and buy me a candy bar, which is what he could do with his own little money. And uh, you know, he's eleven and he's getting big. He is now taller than his mama, and I think he's going to approach my height within the next I don't know year, which would make sense. But he's a big boy. But he's still young. And we're collecting baseball cards together, and he collects other odd ball cards. So anyways, it is what it is. It was what it was. But join us and we will come back. But I'd love to see some callers on the line three one nine, five two seven, five zero one six, The Ocelli Effect and Mike Friday Night with Michaels. We'll be back.
Speaker 7: Wall Street, Wall Street Window, Don condo, Don com Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of The War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge.
Speaker 2: Wall Street Street Window, Do go there, now, Go there, now, go there now.
Speaker 8: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times, and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the Warstate dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll just say that.
Speaker 6: In Denial The Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations that are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files. It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial Secret Wars with air strikes and tanks Larryhncock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com.
Speaker 2: Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com. In digital or physical.
Speaker 9: Force, revelation through conversation?
Speaker 2: Do you like history?
Speaker 9: Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson.
Speaker 2: Co youse expressed by callers schools, There anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot com.
Speaker 7: You've not necessarily reflect he views little Jelly dot Com or Jumpo telling and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might have students.
Speaker 2: Thank you Irish as Assilition found brace Brain.
Speaker 10: Or while the dog boss at lead just to the front of Meccamedia and for the mercer mesing made in China, stop filter for the States for nothing less broken Nesian and more of we thank rock God Divide enough but muscle brain fout the.
Speaker 11: H Sure that's all effects after two years?
Speaker 3: Or stay?
Speaker 2: Check you do what's ranking?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, that's something.
Speaker 9: Chili dot com.
Speaker 2: Get ready, get ready for Hey it's the Friday night open mic. Let's check something boom. Okay, now we're back to fully stereo again. I got to replace a couple of wires too. Anyways, hopefully you guys were hearing the music. VP couldn't hear it in studios, so I got to figure that one out before I move on to anything else. But played a little music there during the break. The Ocelli Effect theme song the way it was created originally, it's about two minutes long, and I've always cut up parts of it for my opens and stuff when I wasn't making other things, and put voiceovers Kim's voices on there. Of course, Dave does a voice all kinds of things happen on the show. Anyways, what should happen tonight is that you could call in, especially here on a Friday three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. And I'm trying to think positive about all of this. Hopefully I'll be doing a thank you show either tomorrow or Sunday to thank people for supporting the network in the pinch time, the crunch time, which is now where I got a bunch of bills to pay and I'm looking to start up or should I say, animate the Rumble channels so that we are a live video podcast because apparently that's a big deal now, and then people can super chat and they can interrupt with comments that are pre recorded and all kinds of weird things. Uh, if we go full on into the Rumble verse, if you will, and add it to what it is we're already doing. Uh, So I don't want to stop anything that's going on the audio feed or anything else. I'd like to expand to the video and uh, it's only gonna happen with a little bit of support. So that's the way that is. That's the way it was, And again tonight you can just join in with a regular old ass phone. Three one nine five, two seven five zero one six. I'll repeat it a few more times, just for this. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six, and you could change the topic of discussion or add new elements. Uh, pot luck if you will, and drop it on in and which way you want to go? Hell, even a good prank call would be fun. Uh whatever. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six, and the floor can be yours, just like this. Anyhow, beat Pete. Uh, you were in the midst of telling me about other crazy dog stories. I don't want to necessarily go with that theme, but I was having fun. You know anything else of interest? Do you want to talk about this week? Or you know something you've observed something strange?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, Well, just one story.
Speaker 3: I've been following them in the past.
Speaker 5: I had mentioned some work done by a journalist named Steve Baker who was working for The Blaze, and he did some extensive work on the testimony of Capitol Police officers that were involved in the January sixth trials of a few people.
Speaker 3: And basically he went through the video of the.
Speaker 5: Capital Complex and found out that these guys had committed perjury several times, like the.
Speaker 2: Security I'm sorry, like the security cams in the Capitol building. And he was like going through and putting it together. See I'm not aware of this guy. You might have been following it a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he good.
Speaker 5: He was hired by the Blaze. He wasn't independent and he was hired by the Blaze. So he went through and he found all of this video footage that they were allowed. In fact, he said that you know, they were offered journalists were offered the ability to go and look at these videos and and he was one of those that signed up for it, including well in fact, regular taxpayers could have signed up to go and look at these videos. But he said at the time it was him and a few others, so that you know, he had a whole staff of people and he was telling them what the for at what time? This camera, this hallway, this, you know whatever. Anyway, he was able to prove that a couple of the Capitol police officers that were very instrumental in getting convictions against some of the guys from January sixth, committed perjury and they're currently one of the House groups is looking into this. Anyway, he has been fired by the Blaze, and I noticed a story here a couple of days ago. Apparently last week on Tuesday, he was He's the one that came out with the story for The Blaze that the January sixth pipe bomber was, in his opinion at that time, a Capitol Police officer that was thinking that they were involved in a training mission and placed one, if not both of the pipe bombs that they found. One was found next to the DNC headquarters. The other one was found in an alleyway between the Capitol Club and the RNC.
Speaker 2: You might, if you might, if I interject something here, because it's interesting to me that, you know what, I remember the offers of video and access that were first granted to like any journalist of any description independence even if you are a YouTuber, because it was passed around. And the funny thing is that even people that were very concerned and were like literally running fundraisers to try and help, you know, people that they thought were wrongly convicted, et cetera. Uh, you know, going by the J six choir CD because it'll fund them, you know everything, right, And the people that were literally organizing like you know, mountains of documents and also asking their listeners' viewers, et cetera, to to help pay for databases and work to be done so that all this stuff could be coalated and everything else right, they wanted to see every court document that was being generated at the time. What was really strange is not too many people went and signed up at all to go look at the massive video footage, you know, And like, for me, it was sort of like, I wasn't I didn't want to go that deep because it's just like, man, you know, I know what I'm gonna find, and what it's gonna be is a twisted mess of you know, you're gonna have no shortage of people lying, you know, because I have a look and you're probably not always pleased with this, but you know, I have a generally negative attitude when it comes to the honesty of anybody wearing a badge. And the fact is that I would have expected no less than those people lying, than those people misstating stuff. I mean, I'm the guy who's read through you know a lot of these, you know, bits of paperwork that the police generate, and I always find not only inconsistencies with their own stories, but I always find inconsistencies with reality quite often. You know, people write full, like four or five page reports, handwritten on stuff, and then you discover they weren't even there, you know what I mean, Like you literally discover. And that happened with the Dallas Police big time. Where like I'm sitting there interviewing somebody and I did this. I interviewed I don't know about one hundred cops that were on the force that day in general, and I have, you know, handwritten stuff and cassettes in my archive in Jersey. And what's interesting is I would get all the way through an interview with somebody about like one particular report right from that weekend, and I would ask him, you know, very specific questions, Okay, well when did you see this? Who was there with you? You know, all these kinds of things. I would get through it. I'd have a massive you know, they'd have a five page report that they wrote and then typed down to like two pages, say, right, this was a general sort of template for what was happening. And by the time I'm done with them, at the end of all this, I go through all these details, I come to find out that really that report represented two or three guys and one guy signed it. Only one guy signed it, but two or three guys contributed to the information in there. And sometimes the guy who signed it and appears to be the author of it isn't even necessarily a key guy in the situation at all. So you got to figure out who else was involved in putting the information in this report that this guy is signing his name to. And you'd like, go, okay, so maybe DPDS corrupt or whatever. Da da da. But here's the thing, this was like standard operating practice with these guys. And I found this in cases in New Jersey, same thing, like stuff that was personal to me, where it was like, you know, different cops would sign off on things, or somebody's sergeant or the watch commander would put his signature on something and he wasn't even there. You know, this was witness, This was picked up, this was collected this way. He's basically swearing that he knows all these details and he didn't have eyeballs on the situation, you know what I mean. I discovered that in various towns, places you've probably never heard of in New Jersey, in different circumstances. And so for me, the idea that the cops like could be contradicted by actual, you know, a video keeping chronological track of real things happening. Not a shock at all, but something I didn't want to try and untangle because it just looked to me like there was gonna be a big mess. There was gonna be guys that were supposedly perpetrators who were planted there. Uh, there was gonna be you know, provocateurs, and it's just like you could see it coming a mile away.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of other people be like, oh, well, well, you mean there's no honest cops, and I look, I'm not even trying to quantify it. I'm just saying that my attitude was these things were a certainty in there, you know, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And this was this was something that Steve Baker brought out, is that one of the officers, Harry Dunn, who was you know, he was made the big celebrity because he was the one involved with the oath keepers and uh, you know, he was the one claiming that they were uh threatening and called him again word and this and that, and well Steve Baker sat down and he started at a time he was there as a reporter on the sixth. In fact, he actually got charged well after the fact for trespass and was convicted for being there as a journalist covering what was going on. Anyway, he finds where Harry Dunn flat lied through his teeth when it came to the oathkeeper's trial and the other cop that was involved that backed him up. Baker proves by the capitol videos that he was not where he said he was and could not have witnessed what he said he witnessed because it.
Speaker 3: Happened before he ever got back.
Speaker 5: He was one of those that was in charge of getting House members out of the capitol. So there's a series of tunnels from the Capitol to the office buildings and that, and he shows on video where this cop was not where he said he was and therefore could not have witnessed what And I mean, he's put it all together.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he was working for the block when he did this. Well a week ago.
Speaker 5: When that story came out about the January sixth pipe bomber, and he was the one that came up with the Gate analysis and some other things based on video that said that the person that placed those bombs supposedly and this is the footage that was released by the FBI of the suspect that placed those two pipe bombs on the night of January fifth, that it was this Capitol Police officer who was at the Capitol on the sixth, but since then has left the Capitol Police and has gone to work for security for the CIA. And he made this claim based on this Gate analysis and some other things, and he was put basically under a gag order by the Blaze lawyers. And let me mention that you know everybody is asociates Glenn Beck with the Blaze. Glenn Beck does not own the Blaze. He hasn't owned it for years. It was sold some time ago. He had nothing to do with.
Speaker 3: Steve Baker being hired or fired.
Speaker 5: But after he put that story out about this Capitol Police officer planning the pipe bombs, he was put under a gag order by the company, by the lawyers for the company because they were worried about a lawsuit. Now there is a law firm that is representing supposedly this Capitol Police officer who Baker says was the one that placed them, and they're one of these eighteen hundred dollars an hour, we will ruin your business type of law firms, and his contention is is, you know, how does somebody making the money she's maken affording an eighteen hundred dollars an hour legal team.
Speaker 3: You know there's more behind this.
Speaker 5: Well, anyway, he put out the story, he was put under a gag order. Finally they said, you know, you will submit, and he was submitting all of his stuff too legal for them to go over before, and they wouldn't let him release any more of the story because they're worried about getting sued. So he finally just told him. He says, look, you know, I'm not going to quit, but I'm not going to subject myself to this ridiculous You know, I have gone through all the hoops that you want me to go through, and you still won't release the stuff. I'm going public. To hell with this gag order. I'm going public with what I know. So the Blaze fired him last week and now he's out on his own and he has bought out the very day that he was fired by the Blaze. Brian Cole Junior. Who is this guy that they're accused of planting the pipe bombs? This autistic guy that you know suddenly out of the blue, apparently they had a suspect twenty twenty one, but the FBI never followed up on it. Okay, And it was when Steve Baker came out with this story last November that suddenly a month later, oh no, we have this suspect and we've made an arrest, and it's this autistic guy that lives in the suburbs in his parents' basement and he's the one who did it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: The day Steve Baker was fired, his defense lawyers filed a motion in court saying, we want discovery on this, this and this because we found out that the Capitol police officer who was named in an article as a suspect or a person of interest sailed their polygraph exam when they were asked two specific questions, did you plant these pipe bombs? Did you plant them on the night of the fifth? And this person failed to polygraph? Okay, this isn't the orson is now sudden work for the CIA.
Speaker 2: Right, so it's not the autistic See, the autistic guy story was kind of weird to begin with, because what I understood is it's getting ready to fall apart. There's a guy who basically never leaves his parents' basement, like for any reason, suddenly decides and who knows how even got the material allegedly to build a pipe bomb, right uh, suddenly leaves the basement, which he hasn't done for like years for any significant you know, outing, decides to go to DC and put down pipe bombs and all that. So somebody who's socially awkward and is not accustomed to traveling or anything else unassisted, I think was the story gets there and plants pipe bombs. I mean, am I remembering something wrong here?
Speaker 4: No, you got that part right.
Speaker 5: In fact, Steve Baker did an interview supposedly with one of the one of the neighbors of this house where this guy lived with his parents, and he basically told Steve Baker, I've been watching that kid walk for ten years. That's not him in that video. That's not his gait, that's not him, that's not how he walks. That is not him. It's the story is getting ready to fall apart. Apparently, before Steve Baker put that story out last November, several people from the seventh floor of the Jagger Hoover Building called The Blaze and told them to shut him up, do not release that story.
Speaker 3: And the Blaze freaked.
Speaker 2: Well these kind of things. Yeah, these kinds of things have gone on now. You know, I don't know how to feel about the entity called the Blaze because I mean, they're the most recent thing to put me on television. Even that organization. They still operate out of Dallas. But I mean, I have no idea who's really in charge over there or anything I was on. Yeah, you know, it was on that channel.
Speaker 4: It was started.
Speaker 5: It was started by Glenn Beck, right, No, I know that part. Yeah, but he sold it several years ago to a private entity that bought it. What he does is in he and now sis the first year he started his new venture, which is called the Torch Media.
Speaker 3: What he does is he licenses what he does to the Blaze.
Speaker 2: Cute from the Blaze to the Torch. Yeah, so so from the Blaze to the Torch. And now he's like an independent. It's kind of like the people that were working for the History Channel and then they went and created their own production companies and now they feed you know, ancient aliens or whatever over to the History Channel. But they're not technically part of the History Channel anymore. They just make content for them. So you're telling me that's Beck's relationship with Okay, look, we do have a caller. This is very interesting to me, and I want to learn a little more about it, but uh, I want to give Uh it looks like Danny is on the line. I want to get him on and see what's on his mind. And then we got time. We'll get back to this, you know, depending on what happens. Yeah, because I find this interesting.
Speaker 5: Uh, and this is this is basically what I've been dealing with for the past four days, trying to because I didn't know that Steve Baker had been fired until I saw something on Twitter just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: So I've been trying to play catch up, right, And that's where we are.
Speaker 2: I'm on board with we need to support real independent journalism. Uh, it's just that sometimes there's a lot of wolves in sheeps clothing.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Oh, absolutely. You know where people behave podcast right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean people behave like they're independent journalists and they're like whistleblowers and everything else, and then you check into them a little bit and it turns out, yeah, their loyalties might be paid for by somebody who doesn't make them unbiased, you know, when their bills are It's sort of like the weird thing that happened a while ago, if you remember the Vanilla Isis thing out in Oregon where they were saying, oh, look at these the evil patriots are over there and they've seized a bird sanctuary and all that. The whole time, you know, they have this allegedly independent journalist with them.
Speaker 3: And the guy you're describing, like Tucker Carlson or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for a second there he was. He was kind of getting famous. Well, Tucker Carlson's a whole other you know, anybody who thinks that guy is anything but a plant for anyhow, the Tucker Carlson's a joke. But you know, I mean place. But no, this guy, though, was out there allegedly being an independent journalist and he was the only one they were letting in and all this. But it turns out that what he really ended up functioning as is somebody collecting evidence, you know, for the prosecution, and then he's participated. Look, there is a difference, and this is why there's you know, issues with the whole Don Lemon thing. You can be a journalist there and sometimes get swept up and arrested. But you're not participating in the event. You are, you know, memorializing it, you are reporting on it. Yeah, but some people it's yes, good.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it's like Steve Baker.
Speaker 5: He was at in January sixth covering the rally and then went over to the Capitol and documented what was going on there, and he ends up getting a call saying, we have an indictment. You're going to be placed under arrest. We'll give you the option to turn yourself in. Yeah, well, just get in charge with trespassing.
Speaker 2: Look, here's the thing where I come down on it. It's a very fine line, and some of these pricks cross it. They deserve to be prosecuted because they're now participating and trying to hold up a shield of i'm press, don't shoot me, don't arrest me. But they're there to participate, and that is a dishonest thing, and I think they should be prosecuted as much as can be.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: But if you're there as a journalist objectively and you are recording, reporting and transmitting information, no matter who it, you know rubs the wrong way, they should be protected. As somebody who is exercising that freedom of the press, which is memorialized in the Constitution. However, there are too many instances of people that hold it up as a shield and they're full of crap. They're just there to participate in the event, and they think they have a special extra protection, you know, like an extra shield, like they're playing a video game. Oh, I'm immune because i'm press. No, you're not press if you start participating in the disruption. But when you are a legitimate objective press person, there's no way in hell. And by the way, it breaks either way all the time. We're quite frankly, there's a lot of un happy results. There are some people that walk away that do not deserve to walk away. But there's also a lot of guys who have gone to jail for doing nothing but an honest job of reporting. And ye, both of these things are unacceptable in my mind. But I want to hear more about this Baker thing, because so far, what you're describing is an independent journalist who needs to be it.
Speaker 5: Yeah anyway, Yeah, we'll keep track of it, because this thing is getting ready to fall apart.
Speaker 3: But yeah, let's get to Danny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get to Danny. For now, and anybody else who wants to call in three one nine five two seven five zero one six. Uh, you know. And I'm not a fan of Julian Nsanji either, but maybe that's a debate for another day. Anyhow, Danny, how are you there?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm I was well. I was sitting on the holder as you were chat and I was looking at the Steve Baker. Is he the same Steve Baker that kept going on Joe Rogan as Z and that's cia guy now when I used to listen to Joe Rogan years ago.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no different guy. This guy is based out of Raleigh, nor Journal.
Speaker 4: I was just wanting because I was looking up.
Speaker 12: Here, just kind of get up to speak because it was kind of interesting. And I see that, Yeah, he was arrested. He was the FBI was after him. He was arrested. They I don't know if they arrested.
Speaker 4: But he did come in and.
Speaker 12: I guess he pleaded guilty to some misdemeanor charges or something with January sixth.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't follow the blaze. I was just it was kind of I was just kind.
Speaker 3: Of interested by what you were talking about this story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see now, Danny, it's fascinating to me because you know, the government is not it has not been, no matter who's allegedly in charge, has not been immune to the idea of crushing and and and suppressing journalists, despite the fact that again it's in the First Amendment, it should be protected. The press and its freedom needs to be protected because otherwise we stand no chance of ever getting informed about anything. So I'm one of these people who feels extremely strong about that. But when that's misused, it is really bad in my mind, and one of those things that needs to be spotlighted and pointed out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not judging Baker either way here because as I've stated, I don't know the full facts. But you know, I'm hoping this isn't a guy that we got to watch again get crushed by the system that you know is not comfortable with what he might share. I hope that's not the case, is all I'm saying. But we're gonna have Yeah, Well, but that's what they do the system, you know, at all times, it doesn't matter. You know, I know everybody hates this, but you know, Republicans, Democrat, you know, you want to be part of the whigs of the Tories. It's really irrelevant. The system will protect itself always above your freedoms and your interests. So that is one of those mantras. I'm not gonna you know, look, show me a different world and I'll say something different. But otherwise that's how I feel about it. Anyway. Sorry about my my gruff voice. But Danny, was this what was on your mind? The Baker thing or did you have something else that you wanted to go into. Well, no, I.
Speaker 4: Something else you were talking.
Speaker 3: I heard you earlier.
Speaker 12: I was getting getting dinner for my wife and I and I was kind of listening a little bit on the stream when you were talking about baseball. If you have Peacock, I've been watching on that when I have some times Sunday, the Sunday.
Speaker 4: Night baseball on Peacock. I don't know if you have that or caught any of those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meant to say that, actually, be Pete, I don't know if you know that, but Sundays there's always a couple of options on Peacock, which I think you can get with the free version, but we might have an upgrade of some kind because of we don't have the full Baseball package or whatever, but we have like some kind of upgrade where we have a few channels because of our Walmart membership or something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the other weird thing is if you interlock your memberships properly, okay, and you buy a couple of memberships, you'll get the bonus other thing, you know, like you could get an expanded Peacock membership, or or you could get Amazon Prime at a discount because you're subscribed to some so you got to watch because sometimes there's a little benefit, Like Instacart is another thing that has a benefit because we spent a lot of time no car, so we wound up you know, Instacart, Walmart delivery. So you sign up for those things, but check your extra benefits because you know, sometimes it's Burger King coupons, which oh, I need to ask you about that before we close out the show. Be Pete, remind me to ask you about fast food before we're done, because I need an observation and I know you will at least notice. But outside of that, yeah, sometimes, like if you have a membership with something, it comes along with other benefits, so I think it's Instacart might be the Peacock thing if I'm not misspeaking, and like Walmart has another TV thing, like maybe it's Hulu or something. Either way, we have these connections where we don't have the top grade of anything. No, no, no, it's paramount. We get through Walmart. We get paramount through Walmart. You know, the Chief subscription for free, And on Instacart you can get a peacock subscription that's a little better than the free thing that they let everybody sign up for, so you know, it doesn't buy me a baseball package, but little things you could do to get other events. I mean, if you're a wrestling person or you want to keep track of other things. There's exclusive shows on some platforms, and nobody can afford all this crap, so you know, just saying I mean, I've been blessed with a shared Netflix account with somebody for like two years, which I'm so thankful for, and they don't charge me anything. They just let me have access so I can watch a little Netflix. But I mean, you can't possibly subscribe to like all the TV anymore. It's impossible, or all the interests or shows or if you want to watch you know, Bill Maher's Real Time or whatever the hell. You're not going to be able to keep track of all of it all the time, no matter what exclusive movies come out, et cetera, et cetera. But there are always to interlock these things to get you know, a couple of things for free. And I say, if you can figure out a way, you know you're already paid for something, you know, you can get better than Burger King coupons from Walmart is all I'm saying. And they offer those two some sort of Burger King discount. I haven't used it. I don't know how it works, but apparently you get a discount on Burger King if you have a Walmart subscription which allows for like delivery and pickup orders for cheap or free or whatever. So AnyWho, enough of that. But yeah, no, you're right about the Peacock. Though. They have Sunday Night Baseball, I think for everybody. Uh it's like open everybody, I think, So, yeah, that's a good one. Do they still broadcast it though? Do you know do you have like open air broadcast?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: In California?
Speaker 12: They you know, I haven't, you know, everything's changed from your local channels.
Speaker 4: They used to it.
Speaker 12: Like like here in Northern Caliber we have if I got like the direct TV, which I don't have, they had like a day are a sports package and so you could catch a lot of the day are games days and Giants. I haven't had enough time to export, but I have noticed as I was kind of playing around with my smart TV there's a lot of side channels there. I haven't looked for any like sports channels. I'm I'm you know now you now you kind of picked my curiosity to do a search because I know the A's are now Sacramento, they're playing in the minor league ballpark, and the Giants. I know that there's there's a package. I know a lot of cable you can get. It usually comes with your direct TV package. For example, well see nere Exfinity where you can get the ball games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now here again where you got Exfinity and uh you know, direct direct TV is probably the most expensive raping you're going to take when it comes to uh, you know, television and getting it right. However, what I'm talking about is and it's fascinating because I've got to go get one of these digital antennas. You live in such a media overlap like state right that there's plenty. There's plenty of digital signals bouncing around that. I think if you went and spent like thirty bucks, either you know, you get it from Amazon or you go to Walmart and get one. I think if you spent thirty bucks, you'd probably have like one hundred channels available to you for open air.
Speaker 4: Far more, far more. It's like there must be a couple of hundred channels on the smart TV that you can find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no programs, but forget the smart TV and using the internet.
Speaker 4: I don't have to pay for Yeah, hang.
Speaker 2: On a second, forget the smart TV and using the internet and possibly using your band with BPTE. You were just trying to say about the digital antenna. You think it was cheaper than thirty Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got a.
Speaker 5: Ten dollars antenna on the TV in the bedroom and I pick up probably thirty stations.
Speaker 3: Just where I live.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, where I live is really in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 5: I'm between you know, two decent sized towns of about forty to seventy thousand people. But I'm in the middle of nowhere and I can pick up over thirty channels with just my little ten dollars antenna. Yeah, imagine what he's going to pick up out there where he's at.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, is like, listen, no offense, meet Pete. But I lived kind of near you before, and there is crap there for broadcast. I mean, you got two like semi like you know, medium sized cities that have some broadcast outlets. You know, your network, ABC, NBC, ABC, Fox, et cetera. And half the time you're you're in such a bad spot there, like in where he is that I'm not surprised that he's saying he's got thirty channels. You where you are in California, the potential depending on where you are, I mean Los Angeles and the Bay Area are two major, uh, you know, outlets for media. But also depending on where you are in the state, you know, north or south to begin with, you could be looking at the Sacramento channels as well. Uh And who knows, depending on you know, the strength of things, uh and and how close you are to the coast, you might be able to pick up anywhere from San Diego to Sacramento, which is a hell of a lot of channels. Like I would not be surprised if you had two hundred free channels where you don't have to use the Internet nothing, just as long as you have power for your TV and that antenna, that digital antenna. I mean literally, you might be passing up on two hundred free channels right there, no use of the Internet or a device or you know, an app. Yeah, you were saying BP, I.
Speaker 5: Just added up while you were talking. I just flicked through my channels on the TV in my living room. I've got thirty six channels. The TV in the bedroom, I've got probably eight to ten more on top of that. And that's you know, so it's one good antenna versus a cheap antenna. I'm picking up a little bit more. But like you said, the TV stations around here are thirty miles away from me in any direction. Right, I'm still picking up thirty six channel was off this cheap antenna, so right, and you.
Speaker 2: Might be getting Raleigh, you might be getting I mean, there's there's also stuff that there's a couple of Kinston channels. I think there's still like two Kinston channels. One of them might be one of those ones go out.
Speaker 5: Oh they're gone now they've gone out what what like, Like our NBC channel is in used to be in Little Washington, it's now in Greenville.
Speaker 3: They've relocated there.
Speaker 5: Okay, seven channels, you know, They've got the NBC channel, then they've got let's see Oxygen Crime channel. Then they've got let me get to it here, the three sixty five Heroes, TV, Star, TV w I, TN, ME TV, and my TV all on that channel seven Dash one through seven. So each broadcast station has got a minimum of four channels with it. So right, and I've got everything from and keen a TV to rewind to the cw I on TV Comet, Yeah, Chorge, tcn CE network.
Speaker 3: There's a big selection out there right now.
Speaker 2: Where he is in California, I'm thinking you probably have access no matter where you are in that state, unless you're in the extreme north or south of the state, you probably have access to at least ten of those Like you know, they're playing the nineteen sixties Batman and they have a block of Star Trek for your sixties, you know, and then they played the Munsters and they might actually still play Saturday morning cartoons. You probably got about ten of those stations that play nothing. But you know, the stuff that they hardly have to pay for any more for syndication. And then you would have easily a group of three of every kind of network which would give you professional teams. Wise, probably a lot of the local broadcast for if you wanted to watch baseball, right, you could have a choice anywhere from let's think about this, the San Diego Padres, uh, the Oakland A's, the San Francisco Giants, the LA Dodgers, the Los Angeles Angels, I guess they call them now, right.
Speaker 12: Uh, that's the Angels, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Yes.
Speaker 2: Of Anaheim, Okay, but I think they weren't. They called them the La Angels though, or no, am I mistaken?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kind of.
Speaker 12: Anaheim's basically a suburb of LA. They're just going to go with LA logo.
Speaker 2: Fair enough. But I mean that's five teams right there, you know, it is all I'm saying, uh, you know, and then for every other. But the point is that easily you should have a chance of three sets of NBC, ABC, CBS, uh, probably UPN of some kind, and if not UPN, you have the WB and those are your just like live locals U plus I mean there used to be independent channels depending on where you are, you know, in places like and Sacramento had a full set of channels if I remember correctly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, sacrament has has has.
Speaker 12: All your major you know, agency, NBC, CBS, box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got all their major channels.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean in the old days, right, you know, when we had dials on the TVs and all that, and everybody said, oh, you only got you know, channel one through thirteen or whatever two through thirteen in California, you could get good use out of the UHF because they had the channel sixty eight and seventy nine's and whatever else, you know, way above in the UHF band. Well now there's you know, UHF is something else, I think, But they still have they call that was.
Speaker 4: That when they went digital, they got rid of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they transferred out they did. That's changed, they transferred it to something else. It's like now it's you know, digital eight hundred and eighty or whatever the hell.
Speaker 3: But they still have a segonal bounce of communications.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's the funny thing though.
Speaker 5: This is the first time in my life that I've lived somewhere that you can actually pick up QVC and the Home Shopping.
Speaker 3: Network on broadcast. Mostly it was only on cable.
Speaker 2: See now here's the funny thing. Everybody thought that, But the truth is in some areas of the country a lot of things were open air. Nickelodeon was an open air channel in Florida, for instance, Like you could literally just tune it in with the old Rabbit Ears and get Nickelodeon. Everybody thought that only came on cable. For a while, Cartoon Network was available in California. I know that that's like twenty years ago, but there are some of these channels that people think of as only cable that are actually open air. They're not everywhere, but depending on there's some sort of agreement there TFCC where it's like in order to like, I think it becomes a different element when you literally have it available as a broadcast thing in the open air and then it goes to cable. It's a slightly different agreement than just creating something that's only available on satellite only available on cable, because that's the thing. Cable is basically just a giant satellite dish somewhere else that you get fed to you. So things that are only available through through satellite signals are one thing. If the channels available on the open air, it becomes a different animal altogether. And I don't know if it's more profitable whatever. The point is. Some people have these, like, you know, token broadcast areas for stuff. I mean, you're not gonna get HBO. But USA Network is another one that has broadcasts in different parts of the country where you could pick it up on a digital antenna, you know. So my point is, Danny, Uh, you could be sitting there pay none of these streamers, use none of the apps, and you know, get your local news, get your local sports, uh, in a lot of different ways, plus different news channels.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Even Fox News I think is still available as a broadcast entity in like parts of the northern part of the country. Anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a local Fox channel, but it's it's local. It's a broadcast station, not Fox Network.
Speaker 2: Yeah I misspoked, I meant Fox News. But yeah, no, Fox networks are available as broadcast entities all over the place, but they're local. Like you know, you'll have uh, you know whatever the hell that's how yeah call letters whatever? Uh you know, is Fox in Raleigh or Fox in Greenville, and they might indeed have your you know, Simpsons and Family Guy at the regular broadcast time.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm talking about like Fox New Use and Fox Business and stuff like that. In some parts of the country, you just need antenna and you can get them, not everywhere.
Speaker 4: I can get those through TV.
Speaker 5: I've got a streaming box from my internet provider, which I can watch YouTube, I can watch Amazon Prime, you know these things that you can stream. And on TV you can get Fox News channels, but they're not the Fox News channel. They're knockoff there, you know, where you've got the the three month intern that's just been an announcer. They never carry the headline crap. That's the only thing I hate about it. You know, don't call it Fox News if it ain't Fox News.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some people just have Roku. They either have the box or they have the TV which is all set up for Roku and they just use that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine's got one of the little Roku sticks that uses their Internet to get their signal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the old fire stick. I don't even know if they make the fire sticks anymore, do they? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they do.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what they have was two fire sticks, one on the TV and a living room and one in their bedroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, I you know, a long time ago, I had one of those fire tablets. I was really happy with the fire tablet actually, but somebody stole that on me. I think at some point somebody just lifted it had disappeared and I never figured out where.
Speaker 4: It went.
Speaker 2: AnyWho, because I didn't have a finder device on my original you know, like one of the very early fire tablets somebody bought for me. Anyways, Danny, is there anything else you want to add because we actually got another caller.
Speaker 4: Oh, let the other caller.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, I've got to do some more exploring with just the all the free channels on the smart TV, and you know it also comes up the TV and all kinds of free movie channels.
Speaker 4: And my son, he's a program manager.
Speaker 12: I'm going to give a shout out for Commercial World World TV. It's a free app for your smart TV. He's the program manager for that. So no, he was explaining to me one time with three channel.
Speaker 2: So thanks the shout out. So yeah, yeah, do me a favorite Daddy, email me a link to what you just said. Because I won't remember it. And I am all for looking up and utilizing anything for free as opposed to paying all these bastards, Yeah, because they are just yeah, yeah, I mean I'm sick of it. They're trying to hold our feet to the fire for every kind of signal you know possible. Even radio signals at this point have now devolved into you know, get a subscription from somewhere otherwise you can't listen to it. And I find that really annoying, uh because you know, look, I I have lived off of broadcast radio, and here in Georgia, you know, the only thing left on the broadcast radio is you know, your one standard rock station that's in any market, and uh, you know, a couple of country kick around stations, and then the rest of it's like religious broadcasting AM and FM just across the dial, and that's all you get unless you have a subscription to something, you know, where you get serious XM. And I'm annoyed to death, even though I have access to some serious XM right now, because somehow or other, they gave it to Kim with a smartphone that because she had to replace her phone and there was no way to help we were going to be able to buy her another freaking iPhone, so she went and got you know, some sort of Android and they were just like, hey, along with your Android purchase, here's six months of serious XM for free if you want to activate it. So we did, and I'm listening to some baseball on there. I'm happy, but I haven't able to watch much. And he who's just hang on a minute, and if you want to, I'll bring you back on a little bit. But it looks like we got You're welcome and you and I'll talk maybe this weekend. If I don't, you know, get completely scrambled, and if not, definitely email me that thing that your son is part of, not just because he's part of it, but I love to hear about new options where I'm not paying these bricks any more money at all, because hey, I can't afford it. And b why is it we should pay for every single show we want to watch? I mean, why don't we just buy every DVD as it comes out? Again, you know, let's just do that instead, probably save us money and you get to keep the DVD. AnyWho, it looks like we got Jimmy James on the line. So I just want to give the floor right on over to him and let him talk about what he wants to talk about.
Speaker 13: It was good show so far.
Speaker 4: Yep. I don't know.
Speaker 13: I went buy stock for those serious people because I bought a truck and it comes with that. I'll pay, not afford. It just keeps working cool. I trust those subscription number. I wouldn't trust some subscription numbers, folks. Yeah, I have a gas recommendation that you might Well, this is fascinating. There's this guy put out this podcast series five years ago. He spent about ten years looking into it, and it was all about the plane crash of Hail Bogs and that congressman Basic Basic Bagig. I can't say this guy's name Begig.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, Yeah, so you're talking about Hail Bogs, right, and the uh the you know, Warren Commissioner Hailbogs, who was also the father of h who is it the broadcast lady, it's not company.
Speaker 3: Cooky Coke, Robbie Roberts.
Speaker 2: That's it, Cokie Roberts. That that was her dad. But he also happened to be a Warren commissioner. And there's been weird stuff about this plane crash that he you know, you know, the plane went down and then he disappeared allegedly. But there have been like lots of claims over the years about different things, including foul play. And this guy did a podcast like five years ago and just did multiple episodes digging into it. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 13: Yes, he did a series on it and that was after I mean, he did.
Speaker 3: Ten years of research on it, and he has a witness and he has theories.
Speaker 13: Basically, he says that someone put a bomb on the plane. But boy, would he be interesting to talk to. And I just keep feeling all these names he keeps naming.
Speaker 3: It's like, man, you're like one two.
Speaker 13: Steps away from the stuff I look at too.
Speaker 4: This is so weird.
Speaker 5: Jimmy, Jimmy, didn't I saw a story or something. Didn't they find the aircraft? Remember back it was about a month ago. I think I heard something where they think they found they found the sessta.
Speaker 13: If they did, it's you know, it's one of the things were like Amelia Air hired. Every once in a while you see one of the miracles, sap. You have to see one pan.
Speaker 2: Out well years ago, Jimmy, Right, like longer ago than you're saying this guy put out the podcast. Honestly, there was a witness, and I'm wondering if it's the same witness that this guy ends up with, because there was a guy going around trying to tell anybody would listen that there was this fly over of the area where they thought he went down, right and and during this flyover they did literally put their eyeballs on the plane, and somebody claims to have seen just about well enough that it looks like somebody was alive near the wreck. And they were saying that they thought it was hal Bogs and they had flown over and nobody went back to get him. Like this was part of the great cover up story, is that they knew he went down and they just led him there to rot wherever the hell the plane went down. Now, I didn't get into all the details, but I do recall that this was maybe seven eight years ago. There was a guy going around trying to get anybody listen to him that he had been part of somebody was hired to go find the plane, and then when they did, you know, find it, fly over it and had a place to go go search. This is where he is he's still alive, you know, obviously very much a short time after the plane went down. Uh, then the guy says, basically, you know, the whole group that he was involved with was let go and nobody followed up on it. Is that the same witness this.
Speaker 5: Guy has or no, no, not even close.
Speaker 13: But he does cover that story. I mean, he does a great, all inclusive examination. He's clearly got his by the end of it. He clearly feels that the guy that is a guy to end up dying in prison. But he was he confassed numerous times. And this guy's commits that he's telling the truth.
Speaker 3: It's just so, yeah, there's something going on there.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there was a I just did a good I just hit an AI search. They've not found the plane as of yet.
Speaker 2: No, this was one witness. You know, it's sort of like the dag Hammer show whole thing, where you know, the guy was.
Speaker 4: That's trouble.
Speaker 13: He covered it.
Speaker 2: A guy.
Speaker 14: One guy claimed that he did see a survivor. But then a big storm was supposedly coming in and they did have like the biggest search in history.
Speaker 13: For these people, but they called it off supposedly due to a big storm.
Speaker 3: And this guy's like, what the craft I actually found him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the guy I'm talking about. Yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 5: They said the search was thirty nine days and at the time it was the longest search.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 13: Well, look, I don't know, there's no way that guy's alive. Oh that's because the initial like initially when they might have.
Speaker 3: Been alive, they had a call off to this big storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was the thing I remember that about that story since you said it, is that the storm came in and this guy was saying, look, as soon as the storm passes, we need to go in. Even if we can't fly in there, we know where he is. And like I said, nobody, you know, it's not apparently taken seriously among the people that should be taking it seriously. But like I was saying, you know about the Dag Hammershaw.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know about that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the guy.
Speaker 13: The big thing, the big thing this guy.
Speaker 4: Covers is there is a guy that was an associate and.
Speaker 13: Get this, he married the widow of the congressman a year later. Furthermore, this guy's with this.
Speaker 4: Says that he seemed.
Speaker 13: Joe Banana, I'm meeting with the chick that was married to the congressman way before that crash.
Speaker 3: So that's this guy's story.
Speaker 2: Right well, you know that's the thing, and it's still, to my knowledge, it's still kind of considered mostly unsolved, like he's presumed dead. But I don't think they ever like found a body or anything.
Speaker 13: Right now, it's just it. Now, it's a fact that this commerceman.
Speaker 2: That's is so bizarre.
Speaker 13: This guy's widow married a mobster like twelve months, thirteen months, fourteen months.
Speaker 4: After the guy died.
Speaker 2: And this is the guy that did the confessing of prison.
Speaker 4: He is in for life. He didn't care.
Speaker 13: He went through and he honestly told everything he did.
Speaker 4: They even threw on another murder charge for him.
Speaker 13: There's trouble or something else.
Speaker 3: DP Any thoughts, No, that that's one of the big mysteries. I haven't really looked in too much.
Speaker 5: I figured, you know, if you're flying through Alaska and that kind of weather and your plane goes down with kind of brought it on yourself.
Speaker 2: I guess that's one way to look at.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know that's the worst place. The weather in Alaska can change in the snap of a finger.
Speaker 13: So you know, well, this guy there probably was Don John's Who's I guess he had like twenty thousand hours of flight experience. The man knew what he was doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just interesting and the guy's interesting and he.
Speaker 4: Did do his study and I found.
Speaker 13: Don't I just he needs to be someone's got an interview him.
Speaker 2: Well, send me a la uh frustration. Yeah, send me a link. I'll see if I can make contact. I want to listen to the material first, obviously, you know, familiarize myself a bit because I'm you know, clearly not super familiar with this. But yeah, email me the link please.
Speaker 13: M Yeah, that's pretty interesting. These guys were had a lot going on at the time in Tucson and then Alaska. They are going back for.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a lot of business in Alaska that you know, there was a lot of money to be made there for for a couple of decades, where you know, people were willing to go through the trouble to fly in and out of there and everything for different reasons. I mean, Alaska is a fascinating part of this country to say the least. But even guys that I've known who like went up there to work on the pipeline and stuff like that. I mean, not one of them has like normal stories. They always have crazy stories that go along with it, you know what I mean, b Pete, You ever encountered anybody who worked on the pipeline?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I talked to a couple of guys that were working all some other projects up there, and they said it was the only place they'd ever been to where you leave your truck on in twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just you know, you don't want to shut it off. Yeah, I got told might not get it started again.
Speaker 2: Well there's that. Plus I got told it's like, you know, the most like forsaken place possible, Like you know, the the concept of being in the middle of nowhere. You get to experience it for real if you go to certain parts of Alaska where it's like there is no civilization whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, you know.
Speaker 2: So these guys in these camps that worked on some of this stuff, they would have supplies dropped off once a week from somewhere once a month, depending and pretty much all they saw was each other, you know, for the long stretches, and you know, it's kind of a fascinating thing to do where you got to get you know. It also reminds me of the guys who went in after Desert storm, desert shield whatever and went over there to rebuild stuff. Private contract. I got offered to go, and they were paying exorbitant rates for anybody who was willing to go over there and do work. And you know, but there was a whole bunch of rules, like you're gonna live in a fenced in compound. You can't you know, go out and mix with any of the people or go shopping or nothing. You know, like you're only going to see your coworkers for a year kind of deal.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's it's one of those things. I know, they're totally dissimilar situations, but the kind of isolation to go to work is the thing that I have in common in my mind with these two things. Jimmy, you ever know anybody who worked on the pipeline or anything?
Speaker 3: Quick break chuck, Oh what time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Am I missing time? Oh? BP's reminding me to keep an eye on the time so I can get to Aaron quickly. Uh, you know, and on time this time, because it's about four minutes of so you know what Jimmy, you bring up interesting stuff, email that to me. But i'd like to get your final word for the week because we're down to the last couple of minutes here. Thanks for keeping an eye on the clock. Bp't appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Well, I'll let Dan and go first. Snipe to Thick for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha. Well, I won't want to be rude, no problem.
Speaker 13: You know, I got to think of a good ball out.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, but I thought you had one in the chamber. So I'll put you on hold and we'll go to Danny and get his final word for the week, and then we'll come back to Jimmy. James, Danny, what's your final thought? Time ran right away on us. Go ahead.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I've known three people that recall off the top of my head that's worked Alaska. One was fishing, one was mining, and one was actually a contractor. He built roads make a hell of a lot of money. But also to be aware, per capita, Alaska has the highest crime rate, and it's probably because it's wild, wild wilderness.
Speaker 4: Just every take care. I'll look at that information on some free TV.
Speaker 12: I'll check with my son and see if I can get you information, just take care of everybody, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that, Danny, and appreciate you in general, man, you know, appreciate your support and calling in and all that. And yeah, take advantage of it. You're in a good media mark, so I think you have access to probably more than almost anybody listening has access to free right there in the air. Why not grab it? And especially you're not gonna use your bandwidth. You don't got to rely on the internet. You can just get free stuff, information, sports, whatever. I see no reason not to take advantage of it's there, you know, maybe it's just me. Anyways, Jimmy James, now we're back to you, and what is your punch out for the week. What's your deal? You know, I just can't come.
Speaker 13: Up with any thing, Cliff, I'm just gonna have to say a good show and good hear any guys, have good weekend.
Speaker 4: Everyone piece.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Jimmy James usually ends with peace, which I appreciate, and you know, sorry for the gruff some of my voice and all. But again I'm hoping that I'll be doing a thank you show to everybody who is supporting me here at Crutch time because I got some bills that are gonna crunch me. So this is the weekend to get it done, and I'm gonna push out this podcast as fast as possible because things are time sensitive. I paid most of the little bills, obviously, I paid the phone bill, streamer bill and all that, but this is the big yearly bills that I have only about half tackled. Plus I need a computer with Windows eleven that's capable of handling that to expand into video. And then you'll have to look at my terrible face and you'll get a good look at Bpete maybe on camera. Maybe I don't know he's threatening. We shall see anyway, be Pete, what's your final word on this audio edition of the Friday Night Open Mic?
Speaker 3: Ohthough, well, I.
Speaker 5: Appreciate Danny and Jimmy calling in. Go to Chelli dot com he.
Speaker 3: To donate button.
Speaker 5: Every little bit helps and it would really help right now than that, looking forward to Aaron's show, and we'll see everybody next week.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Look, I'm looking forward to Uncle especially, but Aaron has a show too, No offense Aaron, and we're looking forward to getting to all of it here on the live broadcast. And yeah, I would appreciate it. Plus, I do have my cash app, which I've been sharing in the you know, because that's at least a functional thing. That's still a Kelly Effect branded. But otherwise there are ways to donate through the website and you can find them. But if not, it's the I guess, the dollar side, the Ocelly effect, you know, all one word, that's how you cash app. I barely know how to use it, but it's still functional, so it's there and I appreciate it no matter what it is. And if not, look you can't afford to do that, share the show and form. Others do that, and at all times I think we should all just try to do better than we ever have. That is the encouragement we should go forward with. No matter how much time we on the planet, we should use it to the best of our ability and take advantage of the things that are available to us. And even though it was my birthday on Tuesday, I'm not, you know, necessarily enjoying the turning of time. But then again, it is what it is and I'm not in control of it, and neither of you. But meanwhile, you can be the effect, and I would appreciate it if you were. Until next week, I'll be talking to Larry Hancock for sure, and I've got a couple of other people possibly maybe some more guests next week, which i haven't been doing too many lately, but I'm thinking about it. Plus, on Monday morning, at what is it, ten am to one pm, I'm live with you know, am, wake up there. I think they've decided to call it Chuck Wagon Monday to separate me from the other Charles and Charlie or Chuck or whoever the hell is on as co hosts for the rest of the week. So I guess it's Chuck Wagon Monday, which is better than the Monday Up Chuck, I got, yes, but judge for yourselves and think for yourselves at all times. Anyway, I'm merely o'celly.
Speaker 10: I love