Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. We always want to improve function of our brain, but many people don't know how to. Modern medical society is based on medication, and you have a condition, and this medicine goes with that condition. So it's more like a flow chart, so they say okay, yes, no, yes, no, okay, this is your diagnosis and this medication goes with that diagnosis. However, the medication for Alzheimer's dementia, it doesn't work too well. So there's no medication that suddenly improves your memory. And that's what people want. They want a medication to improve their memory. They want some herb to they can take that will improve their memory, some magic supplement. You know in the commercials they have previleging and say oh this will improve your brain function. And they'll have research and say Omega threes help with your brain and glue the bione and X Y and Z and homeopathic and this has been research so that's all this stuff that claims to improve memory. However, if there was some magic pill that would improve your memory, everyone would just take it and no one would have memory problems. And Alzheimer's is the fast and growing disease on the planet. Okay, there's more people getting Alzheimer's after sixty five than ever before. One out of every three senior citizens has some sort of memory issue to Mancha or Alzheimer's, one out of every three. And guess what, it's getting even younger. Now I have teenage, twenty year olds, thirty year olds, forty year olds complaining that their memory is bad, and a lot of people blame COVID that their memory was much better before COVID. Now what happened after COVID. Number one, they closed the gyms, people stopped exercising. Number two, they were eating a lot of takeout and unhealthy foods, comfort foods. Number three, people started drinking more. Alcohol abuse increased. Number four, drug addiction increased, medication abuse increased. So all these things occurred, and that is not even mentioning the social isolation. Social isolation will make your brain worse. They also close the churches. You're not gonna yes, spirituals. You're not going to pray as much. So you're not seeing your friends and family. You're not going to church, you're not eating healthy food. Right, You're drinking more, doing more drugs. You're watching the news, which is more stressful than ever. What do you expect? How is your brain gonna get better when everything you're doing is bad. So when they said, okay, we're closing the gyms, I said, I'm exercising more. When they said I'm closing the churches and temples, I said, I'm going to pray more. When they said isolate, stay home, I went to visit my parents. And they might call me a grandma killer, but I call me a grandma savor. Right. How many people died without seeing their loved ones? Right? How many grandparents weren't able to see their kids or their grandkids before they died because of these COVID rules. How many people died because of the socialization. So socialization is very important. Healthy diet is very important, Stress reduction is very important, working out, sleep, not having alcohol, not eating sugar, not doing drugs. But those things all increased, and now Alzheimer's is worse than ever. Now, what are we gonna do about it, sit around and wait, no, do nothing. No, you better take action because the longer you wait, the worse your brain's gonna get. I have all these patients that you know, their worried because their grandparents had Alzheimer's or their parents had Alzheimer's, and they saw the miserable death. I saw my grandma daddy die from Alzheimer's, and it happened over forty years. It wasn't quick, it was very slow. And first it starts off, Uh wait, why did I come in the kitchen? Uh wait? What is that person's name? That's how it starts off. Where did I put my keys? Right? Those are basic, easy things that people just accept as they get older, but don't accept that start taking action. I see mild Alzheimer's, I see moderate, I see severe, I see it all. The mild is the easiest to reverse, the moderate's a little bit harder, and severe is the hardest. Okay, sometimes it's a win just to stop the progression. Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's their progressive diseases, and what that means is that we're told they just get worse and worse over time. A progressive disease. However, that's if you don't do anything. If you take the proper action and do the proper intervention, your memory can get better as you get older, even if dementia already started. There's a test called the Mocha Test Moca. You can download it online for free, and you can just do it with one of your family members or your spouse. One person asks the questions and the other person answers, and then you give yourself a score at a thirty and you need twenty six out of thirty to be normal. If you're doing it with a partner, you do Mocha Version one and then the other person does Mocha Version two. All right, and then you can get a score. If you're less than twenty six, you better call my office immediately and do neurologic testing. Do not wait, Okay, do not wait. Take the test, get your score, and if it's below twenty six, you call my office immediate. Lee. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don't wait for it to go from mild to moderate to severe. Take action, so we could go from severe to moderate to mild to normal, just like we could get people from a wheelchair to a walker, to a cane to no aids. We can get you from severe dementia to moderate dementia, to mild dementia to know dementia. But you gotta do the work. And that might include changing your diet. That might include increasing physical exercise. That might include increasing social activity. That might include being more charitable with your time. That might include physical movement. That might include memory exercises, balance exercises, lights and smells and sounds. It might include how much water you take, how much sleep you get, stress reduction. It's work. As I said before, there's no magic pill that is just going to fix your brain and you're never gonna have memory problems. But if you do all the right things, your memory will start to improve as you get older. The most important thing you could do, and you could share this with your friends, family members, and loved ones, is novelty new things. There's nothing more important to improve your memory and brain function than novelty. Stop doing the same thing every week, Stop eating the same foods, stop hanging out with the same people, stop going to the same places, stop doing the same activities. Stop watching TV and YouTube and Facebook and Instagram and tiktoc and Netflix and Disney and you know Amazon Prime and Sports, you know stations and HBO and all this stuff. Turn it off, Start to unplug and do something new. Get off your butt and get out of the house. I'm sick of people waking up, drinking coffee, going to work, commuting home, eating a big dinner, watching Netflix, scrolling on Facebook, watch a few YouTube videos, and go to sleep and repeat every single day. You want dementia, that's what you do every day. Coffee, work, computer, eat TV, social media, the news, bedtime. That is the recipe for disaster. Okay, so your home should be for sleeping. Okay, outside of sleep, I want you out of the house. I want you socializing. I want you doing new activities, Meeting new people, going to new places, learning new things, joining new groups, adding new physical exercises. You have to use it or you lose it. Don't let your brain die off. Just like your muscles become weak if you don't exercise, your brain becomes weak. If you don't do new things. You have to do new things. You know, learn a new word in a different language, learn a new dance move, learn how to play an instrument, Join a club that teaches you how to garden, you know, learn how to make a fire, how to change a flat tire, how to put up a shelf, how to clean water, how to grow a fruit and vegetable garden. Learn how to do stuff that's productive. It's gonna help you. And if you can learn it outside while you're getting sun and oxygen, even better. Right. But the key to improving your memory, the most important factor is novelty. Don't be a creature of habit. You have to switch it up. You have to do new things. You have to challenge yourself. You gotta be uncomfortable. You got to think outside the box. You gotta be okay with failing and doing things wrong, because when you try new things, you'll fail. But failure is gonna get your brain stronger. And if your brain gets stronger, you're gonna function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. The key to improving your memory is novelty. That's the number one most important thing. Number two most important thing is fuel delivery. Now we get fuel delivery from different sources. Number one the most important is the sunlight. Vitamin D, which is a hormone. The more vitamin D you have, the less likely you are to develop Alzheimer's that's been proven through neuroscience. The second part of fuel delivery is oxygen. Alzheimer's loves an acidic environment, which means less oxygen and more carbon. So you want get rid of the carbon dioxide, and you want to increase oxygen and start by going outside opening up a window right. Stop being inside all day. You're not gonna get the oxygen you need, so you gotta go outside. Do your breathing exercise. The best breathing exercise to maximize your oxygen intake is to inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. We always want to exhale to last twice as long. If your exhale is twice as long, that means you get rid of the carbon dioxide. When you get rid of your carbon dioxide, then you're opening up more space in your lungs to let oxygen in. So you gotta get rid of the bad stuff, the nitrogen carbon dioxide, and then you got to increase your oxygen levels. Start breathing from your diaphragm. When you inhale, push your diaphragm down and out. When you exhale, your diaphragm should come in to squeeze out all the carbon dioxide. Also, don't use your accessory muscles for respiration, which include the neck and the shoulder. You shouldn't be breathing with the your shoulders and your neck. You should be breathing with your diaphragm. So practice right now, where you put your hands on your belly. Take a big inhale and you should feel your belly go down and out. Then you hold it for seven and then you slowly exhale for eight and the belly comes in in. Heal four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, exhale for eight. When you get really good, you just count slower. Keep the ratio at four, seven, eight, Just count slower. That's going to maximize your oxygen intake. Also, you can get oxygen producing plants. You can put them in your apartment, your house, your office. There's four plants that produce the most oxygen. The first is a snake plant, the second is a spider plant, the third is a money plant, and the fourth is alo vera plant. Put those plants together. The plants need socialization just like the humans do. Just like our brains will die off without human contact with social isolation. Plants also die much quicker if they're isolated, So don't isolate your plants. Don't put one plane in one room, another plant in another room. Put them all together and that's your air purification room. A snake plant, spider plant, money plant, and alo vera plant, those will all increase your oxygen levels inside your house. Outside your house, spends some time in the forest, in the trees, in the woods, in the jungle. That's where we get the most oxygen. One tree gives enough oxygen for five people, So how about you do one person with five trees. They're gonna be twenty five times more oxygen than the average human. So you have to go and do breathing exercises in the woods where there's lots of trees surrounding yourself, doing diaframatic breathing in a four to seven eight ratio. That is going to boost your brain power to function at the highest level. If you have bet memory or focus, you're literally not getting oxygen into your brain. So we need to increase oxygen so it could be delivered to the brain and utilized properly. Right, that's for oxygen. So you have the sunlight that gives us our vitamin D hormone you got. The oxygen increases our alkaline environment, so there's not a cidic. The other fuel delivery is water. You gotta drink more water. Supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces every single day. If you weigh one hundred and sixty pounds, you got to drink eighty ounces right every day. And if you want to get the water absorbed, put some salt in there, pink and Malayan salt, Celtic salt. Because what happens is if you just drink the regular bottled water or tap water that's not having the electrolytes, you end up just peeing it out, so you you know, end up getting drinking water. But then you just pee it out. Drink water, peet out, drink water, peeed out. Sound familiar. You're not absorbing. You don't have the salt in the water. Pink laand salt, Celtic salt. Just a pinch. Shouldn't be a lot where you taste the salt, but it should be at least a pinch so that you can put it into your cells. You don't want to pee out the water. You want the muscles to absorb it, the heart to absorb it, the brain to absorb it. Right, we need that to get absorbed. Oxygen is life. That's why they're always in outer space or looking for oxygen, right, And that's why you know when the astronauts go, they need the spacesuit for oxygen, or you go scuba diving, you need oxygen. We're all dead without oxygen. So why are we not breathing properly? Why are we polluting the air? Why are we always inside? You're not gonna be healthy without your oxygen. If you have a headache, it's a lack of oxygen into the brain. If you have dizziness, lack of oxygen into the brain. You got chest pain, lack of oxygen into the heart. You got stomach pain, lack of oxygen into the gut, you get menstrual craps. You're getting rid of all that oxygen. You don't have enough everything. Every pain you get a muscle pain, you're not getting oxygen to the muscle. That's why all these modalities are to get oxygen to the muscles. Right. If you do physical therapy, exercise increases oxygen to the muscles. Massage therapy increases oxygen to the muscles. Acupuncture increases oxygen to the muscles. Electrical stem tens unit increases oxygen to the cells. Everything is based on increasing oxygen to the cells. When they say put a hot pack on or hot water bottle, it's bringing oxygen to the cells. Oxygen is life. But you gotta go outside. You gotta get your diafromatic breathing. You gotta, you know, work on your posture. And then the water. You gotta make sure you put the salt in the water so it gets absorbed. Water and oxygen are life. Right. When the astronauts go out, they're looking for oxygen. They're looking for water, two most important things, right, But you gotta make sure it's healthy. Oxygen right, you go to China or New York City, the oxygen right. The air quality is bad. You're gonna be in hailing all this pollution when they had COVID and everything shut down for those you know, fifteen days to flatten the curve, right, so the whole world shut down. You remember, the air started cleaning in China, La. The pollution went away Venice, the canals were all clean. The dolphins started coming back, so the air was getting clean. The water was getting clean. Everything started to heal in just fifteen days. We should literally do every year, pick two weeks and the whole world shuts down. Nobody works, nobody drives, nobody does anything major for two weeks, so we can cleanse the earth a spring cleaning. Let's call it all right. So I don't know who the next president is gonna be, but let's write them a letter. Everyone in the world should take off two weeks without any work, without any driving. Everything will be closed down. And you want to work out, you do your own push ups and sit ups and pull ups. You want to go to church, you gotta make your own prayer group. Right. It can be done right, but you have to do it right. You got to tell the politicians, hey, we want those two weeks off. We need that cleanse. The whole world needs it. It's going too fast. We need to slow down, slow it down. Most people are way too fast. That's why coffee is the worst thing. You know. Ninety percent of people are drinking coffee every morning, and ninety percent of people are anxious. If you're anxious, stop drinking coffee. If you have insomnia, stop drinking coffee. If you have digestive problems. Stop drinking coffee, all right, that's gonna make everything worse. And caffeine, any caffeine, and soda in tea, in energy drinks. You want to stay away from the stimulants. Other stimulants include food dyes, preservatives, natural flavors. So you gotta be very very careful when reading the labels of the food that you're eating. In fact, if you're eating food with labels, you probably shouldn't be eating it because it's in a box and a can or a bag. All the good food doesn't have any ingredients. It's one ingredient. Now, if you want to make your own, you know, whatever, soup or something, because you buy your own celery, and you buy your cabbage, and you buy your peppers and tomatoes and your onions and your garlic and your broccoli and your colliflower, and you buy everything individually, but then put it all in a soup so it has multiple ingredients. That's fine. And if you want to make your own mayonnaise and you get organic eggs and you get all of the oil on you and you mix it together, fine because you're making it yourself. But don't buy Hellman's mayonnaise. Don't buy anything on a commercial. If you want to function better, feel better, and live a better life, this is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now we're talking about holistic, natural, and integrative ways to improve your memory. The first thing is novelty, doing new things doing stuff you've never done before. I don't care if you just, you know, eat your food with chopsticks with your left hand. Okay, great, never done it before. I don't care. If you try and play pickleball for the first time. Great, never done it before. Take a tangle lesson, learn a few words in Japanese. Just do something new. Take off your shoe and walk backwards wearing only one shoe. Sure you've never done that before. That's new. It doesn't have to be something major. Go to a new place, meet a new person, cook a new meal, do something different. Challenge yourself and say, oh, I'm gonna, you know, buy this desk from Ikea and instead of paying someone to put it together, I'm gonna do it myself. Right, Do something that's out of your comfort zone. Right, be a person who takes challenges who's uncomfortable. Don't be comfortable. Your brain dies off with comfort when you're uncomfortable. When you challenge yourself, that's when the brain gets stronger. Okay. Novelty number two was fuel delivery. Drinking half your body weight of water in ounces, getting your sunlight twenty minutes day, doing your breathing exercises, getting the oxygen. Now, the other way of getting your fool delivery is your food. You gotta eat healthy food. Now. The key to eating all your healthy food and getting all your nutrients is covering each color of the rainbow. Find something that's red. Maybe it's strawberries, orange, Maybe it's carrots yellow. Maybe it's squash green. Maybe it's spinach blue. Maybe it's blueberries, purple, Maybe purple leaf, lettuce, or blackberries, or plums, or onions, purple onions, purple grapes. Right, there's so many different foods for each color of the rainbow. But every day, make sure you eat each color of the rainbow. That's your fuel delivery. Stay away from the white foods. Those are not healthy. Sugar, flour, bread, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, cereal, pasta, all those carbs, right, the sodas, all the sugar, all the crackers and bread and muffins and cookies and cakes, and all that white food sugar and flour and milk. Get rid of the white foods. No more white foods and increase all your colors. Not only will your brain function better, you'll feel better, your inflammation will go down, you'll lose those extra pounds you're trying to lose your brain. Fog will be less, your energy will improve. You gotta get all the fuel delivery, all the colors of the rainbow, get your oxygen, get your some light, drink your water. That's your fuel delivery, all right. So number one is novelty, number two is fuel delivery, and number three is brain exercises. You gotta challenge your brain. Right, a good brain exercise. You guys can try this at home. Take your left leg, draw clockwise circles and keep it going next speed clockwise to the right, and do it over and over and over and without stopping. I want you to do the number six. Draw a big number six with your left hand. At the same time that you're drawing the big circle with your left leg, try and keep your legs in your arms completely straight, so it's clockwise circles with your left leg, number six with your left hand at the same time. And you might not even realize it, but a lot of times when you're doing the six, you automatically reverse the leg. So a lot of people say, oh, look I'm doing it. Say no, you reversed it. You're not doing it anymore. Okay, So if you really want to improve your memory. You got to challenge your brain. So remember people's phone numbers. Don't just put it down in your contact list. Remember addresses, don't just put it in your GPS. Remember how to remember your grocery list. Don't just look at the words that are written. Memorize it. Make sure you're the person that remember everybody's name. You want to remember names, You got to do some sort of emotional connection, right, You got to do an emotional connection, some story that's going to remind you of this person's name. Your memory is best when there's an emotional connection, right. So, whoever you meet, you know, just think of someone really important to you that's got that same name or whatever. It is your favorite musical artist or your favorite actor or baseball play or some connection. You know, your favorite aunt growing up it was her middle name, or you know, something that is going to remind you of that name, some famous song. You know, it could be anything. So you know, it's like, I met this girl Michelle the other day and I was just thinking of the Beatles song Michelle, and then so I love that song growing up, but played over and over and over again. So now every time I see her face, boom that music comes up and I know that's her name, rather than just saying, okay, Michelle, remember Michelle, Michelle, Michelle Michelle. Nope, I need an emotional connection, then I'm gonna remember it emotional story that's associated with that. Hey, there's no stronger memory than emotion. That's why a lot of people you know remember you know, growing up the street they lived on, there, friends names, but they can't remember the person they met last week because they're not emotionally connected to them yet. Or you could remember the smell of a flower that your mom used to garden with growing up, but you smell something, Oh, I can't tell what that is. You know, if there's an emotional connection, it's gonna work better. So use that to your advantage. All right, do you want to improve your memory, I'm gonna teach you how to do that, But do not come to me if you want drugs, you want medication or herbs or supplements that are gonna fix you. That's not the type of doctor I am. I'm a functional neurologist. Right. If you have anxiety, I'm not gonna give you an anti anxiety pill. That's not what a functional neurologist does. We figure out where the anxiety is coming from. Do you have too much of your sympathetic nervous system going on. Do you have too much cortisol being stimulated. Do you have a hyper thyroid condition. Do you have inflammation in your intestines? Do you have heavy metal poisoning? Do you have an issue with your heart? Do you have an issue with post traumatic stress syndrome. We see a lot of that. People who were mugged or raped, or they went to war with or they got shot at, or they got beat up by their mom or dad, or they got you know, molested as a little kid. So there's all different causes, but we got to figure out what the root caused. There's always a reason. The number one cause of anxiety is a mother being stressed when she's pregnant. That's literally the number one cause of anxiety. If the mom is stressed when she's pregnant, then the baby is gonna be born in stress from day one. So if you're pregnant or you're trying to get pregnant, you better start working on stress reduction. If you're the man and your wife is pregnant, you do anything to reduce her stress levels. If you're the female and you are pregnant, you better chill out. You better stop worrying so much. You better start doing some breathing exercises, some meditation, exercise, practice mindfulness, get your fuel delivery, eat all the colors of the rainbow, get some sunline, get some oxygen, drink your water. Obviously, if you're pregnant, do not drink alcohol. Don't drink coffee. If you're drinking coffee when you're pregnant, then the kid's gonna be more anxious and more stressed. Stay away from caffeine when you're pregnant. Stay away from alcohol when you're pregnant. If you have alcohol, they're gonna become depressed, their low motivation. There's nothing more important for your brain development than how your mother is when she's pregnant with you. And when I had my kids, you know, I said, for the first month, before we even started trying, Okay, let's reduce our stress levels. Let's eat super healthy. It's exercise. I wanted to give the healthiest sperm possible, and I wanted my wife to give the healthiest egg possible, so that our kids are the healthiest possible. And my kids never get sick. They never go to the doctor, they never take any medicine. They are awesome. Their life is great. They don't suffer from all these conditions that everyone else does, whether it's allergies or add ADHD, autism, dyslexia, Aspergers, turetts, autoimmune disease, pain, troubles with focus, getting distracted easily, depression, anxiety. We don't need that stuff. None of that stuff is normal. Just because it's common doesn't mean it's normal. So I'm teaching you how to be the one percent, not the ninety nine percent. So that way, if you're the one percent, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost to brain power now to improve your memory and focus. We need novelty doing new things. We need fuel delivery, which is sunlight, minamin d oxygen, goold breathing exercises, water half your body weight in ounces. Make sure you drink on an empty stomach and use pink cameley and salt just a pinch to get your electrolytes okay. And food which is eating all the colors of the rainbow and avoiding the white feud. That's the fuel delivery. Then the third thing is activation. You gotta challenge your brain. You got to do things a little bit harder. Don't make life easier and make it harder. Okay, so you got to challenge your brain. Challenge your memory. Don't use Google and YouTube so much. Use your brain. See if you could figure it out on your own. It might take a little bit longer, it might be a little bit more inconvenient. You might fail a few more times, but at least you're using your brain. When you use your brain, you create more connections. The more connections in your brain, the better. That's what makes your brain more powerful. It's not the amount of brain cells, it's the amount of synapses or connections between the brain cells. When they analyze Albert Einstein's brain, they found out he had less neurons than the average human, but he had more connections, more synapses, more bridges. Right, you need more connections. The more connections you have, the stronger your brain is. So that if you do get exposed to something bad, whether it's lime disease, mold, COVID nineteen, heavy metal poisonings, concussion, head trauma, stroke, autoimmune disease, when you do get exposed, if your brain is more connections, then it could be more resilient. Then it can handle the virus or the bacteria, or the worm, or the impact. Because your brain's always going to be challenged. Right, There's gonna be times where you don't sleep, and you want your brain so strong that it could still function on no sleep. There might be times you drink alcohol. Well, you need your brain so strong that even if you drink alcohol, you're not gonna fall over. You're not gonna crash, You're not gonna trip and hit your head. You're not gonna slur your words. You're not gonna say stupid things or make stupid phone calls or get into a fite. You need your brain so strong. If you get bit by a tick, you don't get lime disease. Everybody gets exposed to bacteria, everybody gets exposed to viruses. Right, everybody got COVID nineteen. Some people got sick, some people didn't. Why do you think that is? It's because their immune systems different, their brain's different, their oxygen levels are different. Everybody's different. The ones that got COVID the worst were the ones who were obese, had diabetes, heart disease, had pneumonia, had the flu, were stressed out, didn't sleep well the night before. There's always another reason. And the people that got exposed them were fine, had a strong immune system, good oxygen, good blood flow, nutrition, less inflammation, alkaline environment, no acidic, no sugar, no coffee, no alcohol. Those are the people that did the best. You want to do well when you're exposed to a virus. You've gotta boost your immune system. You gotta stay strong, you gotta be resilient. But it's all about creating good habits every day. You gotta exercise every day. You gotta eat healthy every day. You gotta drink your water every day. You gotta get good sleep. You gotta do these things every day. Right in your gratitude journal, give to others, reduce your stress levels, do some breathing, do some meditation, read a little bit in your book, get some education, challenge your brain. It doesn't have to be a lot. You could do everything I just said in less than an hour. You could do a thirty second meditation. You could do a thirty second breathing exercise. You can do a thirty second sprint to the end of the block. It doesn't have to be long hours. You could do thirty seconds of reading one page of the book, thirty seconds a writing two things you're grateful for. You could do it all in ten minutes if you really want, right, but make that time prioritize that you have more time. They can ever imagine if you work forty hours a week and you sleep eight hours a night, you have over seventy hours of freedom to do whatever you want. And that's your work is done and your sleep is done. It's all free time, over seventy hours every week. But what are you doing with those seventy hours? Are you choosing to exercise? Are you choosing to eat home cooked meals? Are you choosing to be more spiritual? Are you choosing to volunteer and help with charities. Are you choosing to do your breathing exercise, or you're reading and get education. What are you choosing to do with your time? Is it scrolling through Facebook, watching Netflix, watching the news? Do something more productive, Do something that's going to help society. You know, watching who's going to be the next president doesn't help you, doesn't make you a better person, It doesn't help society. It just makes you more stressed. Most people, you know, they have their decision made. It doesn't matter. So if you want to know about politics, read the platforms. Don't watch the news. The news is just biased and they're going to skew their stories the way they want you to believe. So don't watch the news. That's not the truth. Right, turn off, unplug, Right, do your own research. Don't listen to other people's opinions to make your opinion. Yeah, to improve your memory. Not only do you want to unplug and turn off your TV and your computer, but what you do want to do is reconnect with friends and family members, create better relationships. Remember we were talking about before how social isolation is the worst thing for the brain. That's why people in jail who have solitary confinement is the worst punishment. They'd rather sleep next to a murderer than be in solitary confinement. It's the worst punishment you can have. Social isolation will kill your brain. So start being more social. Start talking to people and not over social media. That is not social. Commenting on somebody's post is not being social. Texting somebody is not being social. You know, a phone call that's better, but FaceTime even better. But no, be in person. We want we're three dimensionals. We have to see three dimensions. We got to hear their voice. We gotta hug that or shake their hands or give them a kiss. You know you have human touch is important, that's very important. It releases certain hormones, oxytocin, serotonin, dopamine. We need human touch, We need human interaction, all right. And we have lots of people that are depressed or anxious because they don't have human interaction. Now, how do you know what's going on in your brain? Are you depressed? Are you anxious? Is your memory bed? Is your focus bed? Do you have low dopamine? Do you have low A CEO colin these neurotransmitters. Do you have intestinal inflammation? Do you have a thyroid problem? You need to do. It's called a qEEG brain mapping. It discovers all of that stuff. It tells you if you have sleep deprivation, insomnia, It tells you do you have trouble with motivation, organization, planning, vision, hearing, heavy metal exposure, viral exposure, concussions, Is there cortisol all off? This qEEG brain mapping has no radiation. You don't have to lie down in some claustrophobic small tube. You don't have to take any contrast fluid. There's no side effects. There's no risk. It only takes ten to twenty minutes. It's super informative. It tells us all those things that are wrong with the brain by measuring your alpha brainwaves and your beta brainwaves, and your theta and your delta, and tells us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which area the brains are abnormal. I love this qEEG brain mapping, and we're gonna give a gift to all my listeners. To the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get this qEEG brain mapping. Instead of paying the normal five hundred dollars fee, you only have to pay twenty one dollars. It's sort of a get acquainted visit where we could do this test. I can tell you what's wrong. You don't have to follow my suggestions at all. I'm gonna give you holistic solutions without any drugs or any medication or any surgeries, so we get to the root cause of the problem rather than treating the symptoms. But it's up to you. There's no obligation. That's why we make it so affordable. It's only twenty one dollars. There's no obligation. If you want to do my suggestions. Great. If you don't, no hard feelings, you never have to come back. There's no obligations, but you do have to be one of the first seven people to call, text or email to get it for only twenty one dollars. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at Kaplinbrain and Body dot com. Now there's another good test called a VNG. A VNG is where you wear these goggles and they have infrared cameras that measure your eye movements as you follow this laser red light, and it goes fast and slow and up and down, it goes back and forth, and there's dark and light, and there's with a head turn and eyes closed and all these different things. So what happens is that you will actually watch this red dot, and depending on where the red dot goes, it will tell us which areas of the brain are overfiring and which area this brain are underfine. And if they're overfined, that means you're gonna have anxiety or heart palpitations, or your mind's racing a million miles per hour, you have insomnia, you can't think, or you're always distracted, or you always worried or panic. That means your brain's overactive. Right. The V and G will let us know if that's the case. Some people, their brain's underactive. These people are gonna have low motivation, bad memory, depression, laziness, fatigue, constipation, everything's slow. Right. The V and G will pick up if everything's slow or underactive. And it's also going to tell us the difference between the right side and the left side, which is amazing because that really helps me to focus my therapy. So because I might only want to stimulate the right side but bring down the left side. The VNG is the best machine to pick up the imbalances or the disconnect between the left and the right brain, which areas are overactive and which areas are underactive, and people have these disconnects. That's a lot of like autism and add and ADHD, and people with reading difficulties and dyslexia, and people with movement disorders like tourettes and ticks and eye twitches and so uh. The VNG is great for this. That's also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you can also get the BNG instead of paying five hundred dollars for only twenty one dollars, call text or email six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at Kaplinbraininbody dot com. Another test we're going to offer is the one on one with me, and what that means is where we check your blood work, We check your v G or q EEG brain mapping. We're also going to check out your posture, your alignment, your memory, your heart, your lungs, your gut. It's a very thorough physical evaluation. We check out your oxygen levels, your balance, your gait, your range of motion, your muscle strength. Normally five hundred dollars for one on one with me, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can also get a one on one with me. Instead of paying the normal five hundred dollars, you could get it for only twenty one dollars again six four six two two one six seven three eight. And the last offer we have is about my UH Boost your Brain Power seminar on July thirtieth, Tuesday at six thirty pm. It's a live seminar in River Edge, New Jersey. It's normally two hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email. You can get it for only ninety seven dollars. If you can't make it live in person, you could do it over zoom. If you can't make it live over zoom, you can get the recordings. The advantage you're going live in person, you get a lot of food, fruits and veggies and water and people, and you'll get my book and I'll sign it for you, and you get to meet me and ask me personal questions. The benefit of the zoom. You can ask questions over zoom. You could watch it live if you have any immediate questions, and everybody will get a copy of it, so that you could save it and have it for the rest of your life, and you could share with your friends and family members as well. Right, So that's the boosh of brain Power Seminar Series Tuesday, July thirtieth, at six thirty pm in River Edge, New Jersey. If you can't make it, you could just get the recording instead of paying the two hundred dollars, you get it for ninety seven dollars six four six, two two one sixty seven three eight. For more information about the office, you can go to caplandc dot com and find out about our offices in New York City and Bergen County, New Jersey. If you want to copy my book, it's on Amazon. It's called Boost your Brain Power. Brain Power is one word. It's called Boost your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus by doctor Eric Kaplan. There's a big blue brain on the cover. And if you're into social media, we have Facebook Caplan Brain and Body, Instagram, Caplin Brain Body, We got TikTok at Doctor Eric Kaplan, and we have a YouTube channel which is Caplan Brain and Body. So like, subscribe, comment, get your notifications, and join us on social media. And hope you guys learned a lot today. You've listened to Boost your brain Power. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. We want you to function better, feel better, and live a better life. See you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your Brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplan, Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.