Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRI, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one w JRIR.
Speaker 2: All right, Rock News brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover, which by the way, is on our Instagram and Facebook at one O one one w jr R. I bring this up because today's Tuesday ticket takeover is also our lead off story in rock News concerning my Chemical Romance. You can win tickets for their show with Evan Essence at Raymond James Stadium on the stadium tour for those two bands next year. By just going to those links today and doing it as instructed, you'll be entered.
Speaker 3: At one oh one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: The cities that will be getting stadium shows for the Black Parade, which is what the title of the tour is. They'll be playing, you know, Welcome to the Black Parade in its entirety year in select cities. They went on sale Friday and in a matter of hours had already sold three hundred and sixty five thousand tickets.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Three hundred and sixty five thousand tickets, so many that they actually added a second show for their Los Angeles date at Dodger Stadium. Pretty impressive, that is.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think we had sold that much.
Speaker 2: The long awaited Becoming led Zeppelin documentary will finally be in theaters. It will debut in Imax theaters here in the United States and Canada on February seven. Sammy Hagar and Guy Fiedi are out more than a million dollars after two trucks carrying tequila from their joint business venture were hijacked. Really they launched Santo in twenty nineteen. The trucks were supporting more than four transporting more than four thousand cases of tequila in the US from Mexico when the hijacking happened in Laredo, Texas, right on the border.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he talks about his Santo tequila. Probably he drops it in every now and then during his other shows.
Speaker 2: Being attributed to an organized crime effort, Hagar called the incident a huge setback, but added they're both glad that nobody was hurt. In other Sammy Hagar related news, He's announced a residency for the Best of All Worlds tour for Vegas. If you're headed to Vegas next year April thirtieth through May seventeenth, you might be able to check out one of those residency performances at Dolby Live at the Park MGM.
Speaker 3: Like three weeks Stan got it.
Speaker 2: Alex van Halen was a guest on Chris Jericho's podcast this week, and he, you know, he's been out doing press and promoting the book that he wrote, which we've talked about extensive here, Brothers, which described as a love letter to his younger brother. He let Chris know, you know, we've we talked about some of these songs and music pieces that no one's heard yet. He said, there's about three or four albums worth of unreleased Dady fan Ailen music. Seriously, I know what Alex said. I bet that would be a good podcast. What happens with that music? Stay tuned, I guess. Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon have a new cause just in time for Christmas. They are trying to raise money to put a stop to trophy hunting, which is still allowed in the UK for hunters to bring back big game trophies. You know, obviously this is a hot button issue for many people, including Ozzy and Sharon who are just emphatically against the pract of just shooting big game for the sake of shooting big game to take a picture with it.
Speaker 3: You know the one girl. I remember that one smoking a hot lady that does it. She's posed with all these big game things like in your face.
Speaker 2: They've designed a shirt which is being sold to support the campaign to ban the trophy hunting allowance in the UK. Asia's autographed a number of these shirts. You can check out their website if you're interested in supporting that Trans Siberian Orchestra sounds a lot better than what you just did. What about TSL TSO Obviously making their annual holiday trek across the country, They'll be in Orlando next month for two shows at the Kia Center. They made history this past Saturday at Ball Arena in Denver as they welcome their twenty millionth ticketed concert attendee during the matinee performance. That person would be Chuck Bravin, dedicated TSO fan. He ended up being the twenty millionth attendee. His ticket scan earned him and his family front row seats to the show and a gifted and exclusive TSO merchandise package. Making for a once in a lifetime experience. The occasion also coincides with the twentieth anniversary of TSO's iconic rock opera, The Lost Christmas Eve and the milestone of surpassing twenty million in charitable donations. Keep that in mind when you go to these TSO shows, those Matt and A shows, they always donate a buck from each ticket to charity.
Speaker 3: That adds up, man, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Twenty million dollars over the years. Excellence Primus is accepting submissions for the new drummer that they're going to need following the exit the unexpected exit of Tim Alexander, which we've talked about extensively here over the last few weeks. The posting is as follows, seeking a well mannered, affable individual with original sensibility, an esthetic possessing a desire to open new doors in the creative world. Flashy chops are wonderful, but groove pocket and the ability to listen, react and contribute to the musical conversation as a must. Interested parties can submit a resume and recent video performance to drum search at primusville dot com.
Speaker 3: And please one more attribute, do not quit during or through email well, we did find out later it was a serious reason again.
Speaker 2: Drum search at primusville dot com. If you think you've got what it takes to be the new new drummer for Primus and fans of the legendary UK punk band The Damned may be excited to know they've announced a twenty twenty five US tour, including a stop here in Central Florida that'll be May twelfth at the House of Blues. Those tickets go on sale Friday, November twenty second, at ten am. Well, I'll be damned. There you go your rock news.
Speaker 3: This is j I Imm