Speaker 1: This is a clip from Raised by Giants. You can access the entire episode now on our website and all podcast platforms.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, in the Freemason Bible, it says when a sacrifice is made, the sacrifice has to be made inside of a pentagon, and a pentagon is the pentagram. So if you look at a lot of these, maybe some of these public executions or some of these sacrifices like you were talking about with Freddie Mercury, you could probably go back and there would be some kind of symbolism surrounding that. That's like a pentagon if you looked at it from above.
Speaker 1: What's crazy about the Queen story is I've researched this because I've done a live presentation on it. I did it at Halloween last year, actually, and part of that involves breaking down the lyrical content of Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen's most famous song. And it's another thing that was staring us all right there in plain sight, but so many probably didn't see it. That song has been endlessly scrutinized by music critics for decades and they're like, oh, it's so ambiguous, nobody really knows what it means. But it's fairly clear when you look at it from this perspective that the song is talking about a Faustian bargain, a deal that's being made by the protagonist in the song in exchange for great fame and fortune. This goes back to the original German legend of Faust, who was this sort of accomplished, wealthy individual who had gained great worldly pleasure and acquisition, but felt like he was lacking knowledge, spiritual knowledge, and holistic knowledge, and so he makes a deal metaphorically with the devil and sells his soul, offers up his mortal soul in exchange for this great worldly knowledge. And a common trope that's run throughout the music industry for decades, going all the way back to Robert Johnson, the blues musician in the nineteen thirties who said to have made a deal at the crossroads with the devil in exchange for great musical proficiency. Is this idea of musicians trading their souls for engineered fame and fortune, and that, when you look at it, is what the Freddie Mercury character is talking about in Bohemian Rhapsody, And when he says, Mama just killed a man. He's talking about a metaphorical killing, which is the killing of his old self or his ego, if you like, because now he's become somebody or something else else because of the deal that he's made. And then the middle section of that song, where it goes all operatic, is a battle in the heavens between the forces of good and evil. It's angels and demons. They sound like choirs, and they're doing battle in the spiritual realm for Freddy's soul to determine, you know, which side is going to get freddy soul. And then evidently in the song, the forces of good the angels win out and they claim back Freddy's soul. And that's why at the end of the song it goes very calm the coder at the end, because Freddy's been through all this and he's reflecting on what's happened to him. And that song was written by Freddie Mercury himself for Route Bulsara, and I wonder whether it chronicles his own induction into the music business. So it's autobiographical. Freddy is basically telling in allegorical form through this very old ratic song, how he himself came to become famous, and unfortunately, an aspect of selling your soul that often occurs is the devil, to use that term, sometimes wants it back or sometimes wants more from you. It's payback time, you know. So you've had the fame and the fortune and the great wealth and the riches, and there comes a point where now you've got to pay the price for that. And you know, I wonder whether Freddy's ultimate demise could have been connected to some kind of deal that he made early on. Another piece of footage that I show in that talk is Freddy at a very early queen concert from the early seventies, and he's holding up some nails, artificial nails on his hands, and he says, do you like my clause? And he goes, they're a present from the devil himself, and then the audience starts laughing, and he goes, they're laughing, they're laughing. They don't believe me. They don't believe me. So you've got to wonder how much truth was getting conveyed there. You know, all of this stuff just makes you wonder when you approach all these things with a fresh pair of eyes and a new mind, coming from a renewed perspective. It does tend to put a different slant on so many things that you've been familiar with, possibly for decades.
Speaker 2: What if the selling of the soul is also metaphorical and allegorical, meaning that once you take the money from these people, you can't go against these people, right, they are funding you, They're funding your career, and you cannot back out of the deal or else your career is then over. You're then destroyed, and worst case scenario, you are killed. I mean, when you look at some of the most popular musicians you know since the fifties and beyond have all died in some weird and strange way, the most popular people, I mean, Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, you know, all of these people. At Prince, you know, Regret Prince was later on in life, but still he was doing a lot of things that was going against the music industry. He was trying to get the rights back to all of his music, and he wasn't letting that music being distributed out. He didn't want it on streaming. And then two years after he gets the rights back to all of his music, he's dead.
Speaker 1: So if you think about nineteen fifties icons, and you mentioned these earlier, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley if you accept that he did die in nineteen seventy seven, and James Dean, I mean, what the chance is James Dean dead at twenty four, was dead at thirty six, And then you've got people up river Phoenix who was dead at I don't know, twenty something, I guess, and many other actors who die young after becoming iconic. And what are the chances of that happening as an accidental sort of thing? I mean, I called my last book, No One's Dad's a Plumber to emphasize the observation that when it comes to famous rock musicians, you're very hard pressed to find many fathers of the real household, name a listers who had regular working class jobs like a plumber. Instead, they were all lieutenant colonels or governors or you know, lord mayors or whatever. And I've often wondered what would happen if the same number of plumbers turned up dead as do rock musicians and actors. So, you know, news breaks that oh, Michael Jackson's died, and people are like, oh, dear, that's terrible. When youe Houston's died in a bathtub. Oh dear, that's terrible. Now Prince has died in an elevation to oh dear, that's terrible. And it's all chalked up as well. You know, that's the music game for you. These rock stars, they do drugs and they live these crazy lives and it's no wonder so many of them wash up dead. You know. But if new started coming through that. Today a plumber died in you know, Buffalo, New York, and a plumber died today in Orlando, Florida, and a plumber died today in Manchester, England, Eventually, wouldn't people start asking what is it? What's going on? Why is plumbing such a dangerous profession? What did they all drown in bathroom floods? Why are all these plumbers turning up dead? But because it's musicians and rock stars, they just get away with it. So I think that's why there's such a high body count. The controllers can knock many of these individuals off if that's what's happening, and I think it personally is. And the public don't demand full inquiries, they don't demand full answers. They just accept what they're told in the mainstream that it's an unfortunate byproduct of these industries. Folks, that's fame and fortune, and you know, these crazy lives lived in the public spotlight for you getting away with it.
Speaker 2: Well, they're also probably like, well, they were rich and famous, they had their five minutes of family, had all this money. You know, who really cares, So you know, they were way better off than me. So what they died young? I mean Amy Winehouse Sames scenario. There's so many of them that it's like it's almost like we've been desensitized to it in a lot of ways. I mean Kirk Coban as well. Have you seen the information that's been coming out about Kirk Coban.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been coming out for years. It's pretty much on the public record now that he was murdered. You know, I think the idea that he committed suicide, very few people accept that anymore. But information has been leaking out for years pointing to the fact that he was murdered, but still no perpetrators brought to justice. Whoever it was still walking around out there.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with a lot of this stuff is that it seems like we just kind of keep rolling on like nobody really cares us on to the next thing. A couple of weeks ago, it was the epsteam files, then it was the UFO files, and now it's war with Iran. When we didn't get any answers or any conclusions really to the first thing that happened just a couple of weeks ago. But people have already forgotten about that, and they've already moved on with their lives. It's almost exactly like with COVID. I feel like everyone has just kind of forgotten about COVID, and I've recently gone back and gotten reasonably pissed off about nine to eleven, and I'm thinking to myself, how did we let this happen? How do we let this happen with absolutely no investigation. You're telling me that nobody in high up government said this is freaking weird. Why did these buildings collapse like this? What hit the Pentagon? Why was there absolutely no plane wreckage in Pennsylvania where the plane supposedly went down that just made a crater And oh, I got balloons. I did the air quotes where the plane supposedly went down, There's just a crater there, there's no airplane wreckage, hardly zero airplane wreckage at the Pentagon, Like, did no one think that? I mean, it makes me kind of disappointed. I was too young to do anything about it at that point. I was like eight years old when the planes hit the towers. I was too young to do anything about it. But I'm pretty disappointed in the adults of that time because literally every single news station said that there were bombs. They all said that there were bombs. The firefighters said that there were bombs. People that were in the buildings that I witnesses said that there were bombs. There was even warnings of people to get out of the building because they knew that the building was going to collapse. I maybe getting off on a tangentier, but it's just kind of something that's resurfaced within me that I didn't realize that I was that pissed off about until again, until recently that I've been kind of harboring these feelings about nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Well, we should be pissed off, and with me. I've been reliving the madness of COVID recently because I've just completed my third truth fiction novel, The Tragedy and the Triumph, which is set in those times. So this is the third piece of fiction that I've written. The first one I wrote in twenty nineteen, prior to all the COVID madness, and this one was the cause of the cure. It was set in the early nineties, nineteen ninety and ninety one, based on my recollections of those times before your time for the sounds of it, youngster, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nineteen yeah, yeh ninety three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, great times in so many ways. So then the second story I set in two thousand and one with the events of nine to eleven as the backdrop, and it's the same characters from the first story, but eleven years on, and I've got all the very real events of those times as a backdrop to the narrative as a subplot. And this latest story I've got the same characters again, but this one is set in twenty twenty, so it's a thirty years on from the original, and the characters have aged thirty years, have been through a whole lord of shit in their personal lives and stuff, and they've evolved and changed as individuals as we do over time. But in researching this one, to get the background detail or I had to relive twenty twenty and twenty one again, which in many ways was horrific because I found myself wallowing in all the emotions and all the trauma of those times. It was bad enough bloody living through it the first time without having to wallow in it again. And part of the reason for that is because I'm producing a soundtrack like a movie style soundtrack. I think my novels are the only books that come with their own movie style soundtracks. So I take audio footage from the time, like little snippets of news clips, and combine it with the music that was around at the time. So the one from nineteen ninety was great because the music that was around in the early nineties was incredible, and I've put it with bits of audio from things like the Gulf War, or the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq by Saddam Hussein in nineteen ninety, and the last days of Margaret Thatcher