Speaker 1: All right, let's go Fred Ruggan or Rodney Pete not five seventy LA sports Dodger fans. How you like that? How are you feeling now? Yesterday it was doom and gloom. Today the sun seems to be shining again and off the top. I do want to say, Rodney, yeah, talk to me. And it's it's unusual to be very frank that we're both right at the same time that rarely happens.
Speaker 2: Rarely does, rarely does.
Speaker 1: We're like, uh dan ayk Royd and U Jane Curtin were like point counterpoint. We said, we rarely agree on stuff, but yesterday we both had it. A couple of things. We both said yesterday the pitching's going to be good. The pitching's going to be fine. And I can't remember if I said I think it'll actually be better than they had a starter out there. The pitching was great. There was not a concern in my mind, Rodney about the pitching yesterday, No me either. And the way the way Brazier took the mound and it's his start, just to look in his eye and then look at his stuff. I felt good from like once they got past that first inning and I felt pretty good about it.
Speaker 2: I really did.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we were gonna score all those runs, but I felt pretty good about the pitching part of it.
Speaker 2: Fred, and so many people were so against it.
Speaker 1: You know, you listen to all the pre game and you know, you listen to a Rod and Jeter and those guys and Poppy and those guys that are all saying, how you know, I hate the bullpen game? In game four, You're an elimination game. How do you do a bullpen game? Why do you not have a start for this? And for that reason, I'm picking the Padres and they all did. And yet if you watch this team, especially the last month, the bullpen has been the strength the strength of this team. And you know, telling these guys, a group of them, hey, all I need is three outs from you go get me, get me three outs and sometimes maybe get me five, and they collectively manned up, Fred, I don't know any other way to say it. They collectively manned up and said we got you, we got you, and they shut it down. They looked depressive, they looked unhittable. Yeah, they looked like they were dominant and in control from the minute of the game started. Every single one of them, and Dave Roberts wasn't afraid to bring Kopek in early when he thought he needed to be in there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I was like, why Copeck now? Why he's been so good at the end, Why Copeck now? And uh, but you know, they know what they're doing. They know what they're doing. And by the way, let's give it right now, let's give flowers to Dave Roberts because he got I'm sure shall act about a bullpen game and what is he doing? But he got our message to uh Fred, he put key K in the game. Yep, Kyk got to put out. It was because key K and Chris Taylor kept switching positions. Yes, it was very strange. One would be at third and one would be at center, and then you turn around and they be flipped, and you turn around they be flipped again. Yeah, that was very bizarre, Rodney, while they kept switching positions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't I don't know. I don't know what the reasoning was behind that. But it all worked out.
Speaker 1: It all worked out, and it was good to see some guys break out, Max Munsey breaking out, Gavin Lux doing his thing. I thought, oh, you know, overall, it was just a and I said yesterday that this is a different team when their backs against the wall. You know, I'm not guaranteeing any victory tomorrow anything like that, but when their backs have kind of been against the wall and they went through lulls this season, or they needed to go to a place or have a series with somebody big that they needed to go win it, they responded. And last night it was it was impressive to see as a team how they responded. The only guy that was wrong yesterday was David Vassy. The only guy that was wrong with David because he was a little bitter yesterday. I don't know, maybe it was his attitude that made him wrong, right, I mean, right off the bat, Okay, who's going to pitch tonight?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Who do you think? I've said it? It'll be a left hander starting? Well, which one? Well one of two? Okay, it was Ryan Brazier, who was right handed. And then you said, well, you know what about Freddie Freeman? Will he be in the lineup? The response was, I assure you, Freddy Freeman will be in the lineup, and he didn't play. The only guy that was wrong yesterday was Vassa. And on the topic of Freddie Freeman watching him last night, Yeah, that was the happiest this guy's looked in a month, smiling, patent gosh on the back. Yeah, he is not looked that happy playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah night he did, he really did.
Speaker 1: And sometimes fred you you when you're hurt and you don't get a chance or you're not contributing to the team, especially in big time situations like the playoffs like they're in, all you're praying is to get another chance, or you're you're praying to to just extend it so I can go help my team. And to see that happening, you could see it on his face. You're right that he was all smiles and all happy. Now. I don't know if he's going to play tomorrow, but he gets a day off right now. It's it gets two days off because he didn't play, but he was happy. I will assure you that he possibly gets another opportunity to play in these playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's another one like Mookie.
Speaker 1: Remember, he's another one that has struggled and people were talking about him and MOOKI broke out of it. And and so you know, now it's if Freddie plays. It's time for him to break out of it. Yeah, Mookie again last night, So that's two games in a row. You hope now that whatever was ailing him has been cured because now he's playing, he's hitting like Mookie bats. That's the guy you need hitting up in the order like that, Rodney. Yeah, you know, and again you know Tani's Otani, but Mooki is he is that engine. He is that guy that a lot of guys still look to to to.
Speaker 2: Get him going.
Speaker 1: And you know, uh, and and he and you got to see that body language from Muki and we didn't see that in game two and uh even in game three, you know, after we got robbed of the home wrung, you could feel like him being a little bit deflated.
Speaker 2: But he got it back.
Speaker 1: He got it back in that body language, that smile that you know, pumping of the fists.
Speaker 2: I think was it does a lot for his teammates. So it was it was good to see.
Speaker 1: And I think and I hope that he's, uh, he's really back to being Mookie Bets again.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also, we mentioned two names yesterday, guys that had to hit.
Speaker 2: Two names.
Speaker 1: You remember them, I'll tell you what they were. Will Smith and Max Munson Yep, mentioned both of them yesterday. Will Smith I said, ten year deal. You gotta Yep, America's catcher's got to America's catchers got to hit. Yeah, because otherwise America's catcher we can play Austin Barnes. But America's catcher hit last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And was that a big bomb at the right time. Yep, you know, because you know, you look at that team and you go, okay, three is not enough, two is not enough. They got so much firepower. We we got to get some breathing room. And that three run home where he hit. When he hit that one, I was like, oh, yes, you could. You could exhale a little bit, right because it was like, Okay, now we're putting it on them. Now we got some distance, a little bit in between us. Now they're gonna start looking at it, going are we gonna press to get back? Are we gonna get back? Oh? Well, you know, and now they start to, you know, start to doubt themselves a little bit whether or not they could come back. And you saw it, like you said at the top, you saw it in their faces. Their body language was what in the hell just happened? From the night before, we had this team buried. Crowd was in it, and we were killing them everything they threw up there, we were hitting. What happened today? They said, I don't believe it's the same team. And they looked. They looked in their eyes, the look on their faces, their body language, the slump down, all the things that they were doing the night before they did not do last night. Ban looked the Dodger pitchers last night made them appear to be a very average lineup. M That looked that when we were watching the Dodgers, and we brought this up the other day, Okay, uh, when you see the Padres at bout, what do you think?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, got them out? They could score. When you see the Dodgers at bat, what did you think, please just get on base?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah last night? Yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, last night it was reversed. When you saw the Podres go up because of what the Dodgers pitchers did to them, you thought they'll be lucky to get on. But then when the Dodgers went up, given the way they were hitting the ball, I thought, well, who's gonna score next? Yeah, it completely flipped the Dodger relievers made them look like a very average lineup, which they're not, but sure made them look like one. Whereas the Dodger hitters all of a sudden looked like the Padres the way they were hitting. And maybe it's just they'd seen cease, uh and they are just starting to get hot.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the Padres had an off night. But I gotta tell you, the roles were completely reversed, and they were reversed even more than the score would indicate just watching the two teams. Something had shifted last night.
Speaker 4: The pressure changed. I talked about it going into that game. You know this, The pressure was on San Diego to close them out at home. They thought cease was the move to go for the kill. I don't know why, since the Dodgers had already lit them up. To your point, Rodney, so now you're gonna put that same guy on three days rest. It played out in the way, and credit to you guys that you pretty much projected yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, You're right, there's so much. I mean, they talk about it all the time. Right, we've done it front our home crowd, our home crowd. We want to do it in front of our home people. And the energy down there, so that pressure to close it out thinking they don't have to go back to Dodger Stadium. That was real, and I think they felt it, especially when they got down. You know, they're so used to playing from elite, especially against the Dodgers, that when they got down, especially when they got down after the Will Smith home run and it was five to nothing, they were a different, deflated team. And I think your part of it is right at them is that they felt that pressure going in and when it got ugly, there was no coming back for them. If there was any way possible, and I don't think there is any way possible. I would tell the Dodgers to have another bullpen game tomorrow if there was any I just wish they had more relievers. Well on that note though, since there is a day's rest, Yeah, and they're relievers. Why everybody's ready, right, everybody's available? Who wouldn't be available.
Speaker 4: The only guy that pitched heavy was what Vessia. He pitched over twenty pitches.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think Bessie was the wind that went the longest.
Speaker 4: That's it. I mean, everything is at their disposal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brazier went four batters, right, He went four batters, four outs.
Speaker 4: That's how perfect yesterday was.
Speaker 1: That's exactly they saved those arms. They didn't have to have anybody go real deep. And you you know, you worried because a couple of guys were going good. You're like, oh, leave them in one more. But but they they played it absolutely right and it worked out perfectly because now with the day off, I think all of those guys are and in the question, maybe VESSI may be the only one, but even still with him with the day off, he may be able to go. But all those guys are available tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Well if that's the case.
Speaker 1: And you know, the plan was to start Yamamoto right, that's why they started him in game one, but I think you started him still. You start Yamamoto and you and you're quick though, I'm talking about like first inning quick, if there's a problem quick. Yeah, there's no waiting to find out how he works his way out of it. And if he you know what, any inning he goes and it's scoreless, it's a bonus. But I like this this bullpen game plan because I think those guys can shut them down the Padres. I think that our bullpen can shut them down and last night was a perfect example that was pretty solid. And also when Dave Roberts, I could not believe he did this during the endgame interview we had with Fox. Yeah, did you hear him just outline the entire pitching rotation. He just he told Ken Rosenthal exactly what they were gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought, now that's a guy that's pretty honest, pretty confident. Yeah, we're gonna do this. Then it'll be yeah, Coulpec's coming in here. Then I thought, my god, he just told everybody exactly what.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but it was brilliant. It was brilliant. It was no.
Speaker 1: Even when they threatened a couple of times, it was no panic in the Dodgers. Even when they threatened. Did you think it was gonna be a problem last night? I know I didn't. I really didn't. I really didn't. I just got that feeling after after really, after they got out of that first inning. Mookie at the home run set the set the stage. But after they got out of that first inning, the way Brazier looked like, oh, this is gonna be pretty good. And uh so, yeah, even when they threatened, I didn't feel like, Okay, this is gonna be a big, big crooked inning for the Padres.
Speaker 2: Now here they go. I didn't feel that way, didn't either. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: And by the way, later on this hour we'll we'll open the phone lines and give you a chance to tell us how you're feeling about it. All right, Bill Plunkett, OC Register will join us next. We've not talked about the return of you Darvish in a game clinching situation on the mounted Dodger Stadium, game clinching for the Padres. Of course, we know what happened the last time he could clinch a game for the Dodgers. Hey, good rogan on a Thursday, I throw back Thursday, that is, Oh yes, oh yes, they forced a game five. Was there any doubt? Not for Freddy, not for me, not for Adam, not for Ronnie. We all believe. Let's go, come on Freddy. All right, well, let's bring on a man who's joined us through up these playoffs and done a great job, Bill Plunkett of the O. C. Register. Bill, thank you for coming on today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the Stevie wonder there there you go.
Speaker 2: That's how we roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Bill, you were there, We saw it on TV. And the thing that I noticed is early on the Padres seemed somewhat deflated. It seemed like the energy or the air had been sucked out of them.
Speaker 3: Do you agree, Uh? Yeah, because it was eight to nothing. This this idea of one team having energy in the other knot, or one team having good vibes and the other not, is largely a product of what happens. You know, it's really easy to get excited when you hit a three run homer in the first inning. So if the Padres had hit a three run homer, I think they probably would have got energized and so with the crowd. But you put up you put up a run in the first inning, like Mookie did, and this is something the Dodgers haven't been able to do. You go out there and you give a shutdown inning and put up a zero or two. On the other side of the scoreboard, the energy is kind of hard, uh, to get going over on the San Diego side. So I think all of that's just a function of the score. Really well, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Bill, because it feels like even when they even in the first game, even when they lost, they have had this little edge about them. This cockiness, if you will, about them when they play the Dodgers, and whether they're behind or not, it feels like they think that they can come back and they can beat them. They're not afraid of the Dodgers. They don't worry about them at all, no matter what who's who's in their lineup, and and last night, early on, it felt like they even before it got to ate nothing, it felt like they were a little bit deflated. Is could it be a sense that maybe they were a little overconfident.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I just I really think it's just a matter of how the game goes. And if they had gotten you know, an inning going, you would have seen the energy the crowd. The crowd was definitely deflated when when the Padres fell behind, there was none of the energy that you saw all the way through Game three. That disappeared real quick last night. So I do think you're right that the Padres are not afraid of the Dodgers. I don't think they. I think they are very confident that they can beat them. So all of that plays into it, I guess. But yeah, it was. It was a different atmosphere last night, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, and I think a lot of it had to do. And I was just saying to Rodney Bill in the last segment, I just wish that Dodgers could go in the bullpen game to my night too, I think, right, I completely confident with those guys out there.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. I just I posted on Twitter a little while ago that before last night, every time the Dodgers went with a bullpen game, my Twitter timeline would be filled with, Oh, they're not gonna win. Oh they don't have a chance. Oh they're giving up, they don't care, they're trying, not trying to win. Now, last night goes as well as it did, and suddenly everybody is a fan of the bullpen game and we should do that all the time. And I knew, I knew that this was gonna work.
Speaker 2: Well, Bill, let me tell you this.
Speaker 1: We've got documentation from our show yesterday that both Fred and I were very confident about the bullpen game. So before it happened, we said it, we believed in it, only because I think the bullpen has been a strength of this team all season, well at least since the All Star break, has been a strength. And the guys that they were going to run out there. I felt pretty good about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right about that. I think it has shifted largely not because of the performance of the bullpen, but because of the performance of the starters. You know, we saw what they ran out there during the series against the Diamondbacks last year and it sank them all three games. And I don't think Yamamoto or Flaherty or even Buehler had gotten fans on their side with what they did earlier in this series. So I think the switch is largely a fear of what the starters can do and how they can put them in a hole early, as much as it is confidence in the bullpen.
Speaker 1: So that being said, tomorrow it's Yamamoto, right, he gets the start.
Speaker 3: I don't know, We don't know that. I suspect it will be Yamamoto with a very short leash, but they have not confirmed that. And I don't know if you've noticed this about the Dodgers, but they have a tendency to overthink things and maybe do something else. Yeah, it's it's happened.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they never overthink anything.
Speaker 3: Right, sure, So I don't know. I think it's Yamamoto, but it could be Flairty. It could be some you know, piggybacking option where both of them pitched. I think that's a bad idea if you, you know, hope to advance. I don't think it'll be a straight bullpen game one through nine again, but who knows.
Speaker 1: And you think everybody's available, right, I mean, they were as efficient with their bullpen game as I could remember, with guys going on and they'd getting three outs and you know, only throwing twenty pitches or fifteen pitches or whatever. They threw less than that. Sometimes they were very efficient, which makes it very good for the Dodgers going in tomorrow night, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They did not overextend anybody. I mean, you know, they sent Blake Trnon out there for forty pitches the other night. They didn't have to do that yesterday. Everybody was within their lanes as they like to call them. They didn't ask any extra of anybody. And now you have today as a day off, and in October a day off is complete reset. Everybody's available tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 1: And that being said, do you think Freddie'll play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I think he'll try as he has in the first couple of games and we'll see what it looks like. He admitted that they planned for yesterday as an off day from the start. They sent out a lineup with his name in it, but that was just a kind of mess with the padres a little bit. He was never going to play last night, and the back to back days appear to be what is the worst on his ankle because he played Game one and the game two he had to leave after I think it was five innings, so they didn't want to push that again. So I think after off yesterday, off today, treatment, treatment, treatment, I think he'll be in there tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hey Bill, how do you think Walker Buehler did? We were talking about that yesterday and he was the victim of some unfortunate defensive plays. But I thought it was interesting the way Dave Roberts stuck with him. You know, I know they hit the grand Slam and got back in it, but the way he stuck with him and didn't have a quick hook on him, you know, to play with Freddie, to play with Rojas, I really wasn't necessarily all on Walker.
Speaker 2: Butler, how do you think he did?
Speaker 3: I think he did okay, And you're right the beginning turned on those two defensive plays. You know, bad throw by Freddie, a smart played by Mahado, and then a bad decision by Miggi Rojas very uncrick characteristic of him. But I will say this about Buehler, he is not the strikeout pitcher he was before the surgery. He admits that he can't put guys away five of the hits during that inning. If I recall, we're all with two strikes and the potters are very good at putting the ball and play. And what happens when you can't put a guy away with two strikes and he puts the ball in play?
Speaker 2: Things happen.
Speaker 3: You know, broken bat singles fall in, ground balls go through the middle. You know, ground balls get misplayed. So the fact that he can't put guys away and strike him out is is a little bit of a problem.
Speaker 1: Then they have Darvish going tomorrow night. I know he's pitched well against the Dodgers. He's due to get lit Merry Christmas. He'll be a tree and just got lit up. Wow, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I don't recall.
Speaker 3: I do recall Darvish pitching in an elimination game at Dodgers Stadium in the past, thank you. It didn't go very well for him.
Speaker 1: If I recall, yes, see Rodney, you see there's somebody else that won't let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that worked.
Speaker 1: That one worked against the Dodgers, and he's a I hope this doesn't work against the Dodgers either.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He's he's got so many different pitches. He's a difficult pitcher for the Dodgers to game plan against it. And they are all about game planning as hitting group. He's got I think he threw seven different pitches during the game to start. He's got something to go to for every hitter. You know, if you've got a hole here, he has a pitch to attack it. He has pitches to go to if something's not working. He's got six others. That's a very difficult pitcher to game plan for. And I think that's the big challenge for the Dodgers going in tomorrow night. And when they've won, I mean, the pitching the bullpen has been fantastic, but when they've won, it's because of the bats.
Speaker 1: Got a hit, yeah, no doubt. How do you feel what's your assessment of outni go far in the series through four games.
Speaker 3: I think he's very good when the people in front of him are good. The Dodgers have made it too easy for the Padres in a couple of the games when the bottom of the lineup didn't get on If there's nobody on base, and when Tony comes up, the Padres have a lot of ways to go. They could, you know, work around him, hope he chases something, They could attack him, and you know, take the attitude that the worst he can do is a solo home run. All of those options get narrowed down if the bottom of the lineup can get on base in front of him. And that's what you saw in game one and again last night.
Speaker 1: All right, Bell is always, thanks for coming on, and we appreciate the insight.
Speaker 3: You've got it guys anytime.
Speaker 1: All right, there goes our body, Bill plunk it oc register. By the way, people remember what happened? Would you Darvish on the mound?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Game?
Speaker 2: You think, God, you don't get it? Do you think he's gonna get it at Dodgers Datium?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Oh look, I hope that you know what this is justice? That's what this is. This is justice Tomorrow. I can't come out on the guy. He's a he's a good guy. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: Great guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure if we had dinner, we'd have a great time. But that doesn't excuse what happened. So tomorrow he's gonna get his and every Dodger Fanish Rodney, whether you like it or not, they are rooting for him to just get lit up tomorrow night, for the justice right to get lit up and be the game be over at the first inning like he like it was against the Astros. Yeah, because in the first inning against the Astros, given that sparkling outing of his, it was like the entire stadium had been napalmmed. It was just like silence. Nobody said a word the rest of the night. That's got to come tomorrow. I'm just saying, tomorrow he gets his Who's with me, who's with me? Let's let's go, let's get him tomorrow. All right, Hey, Dodger fans, thank you. How are you feeling now? How you feeling right now? What do you have to say now here? We come back home in your afternoon delight. We got some for you with ice cube and you know how we do it. This was the second single office fourth studio album, Lethal Injection No Panic from the Boys in Blue last Night. You know how we do it, so we thought a song would be fitting today on a throwback Thursday from ice Cube and your afternoon Delight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how we do it?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see how Dodger fans do it. Uh?
Speaker 2: What do you have to say?
Speaker 1: Now? How are you feeling after last night? The board is fall will start in West Covina and we appreciate your holding.
Speaker 2: How you feeling? Hey?
Speaker 3: Good afternoon?
Speaker 6: Well good? Obviously I wanted to call.
Speaker 3: It yesterday, but you know they ain't got a chance.
Speaker 6: I mean, in my lifetime all as, the only playoff success I've ever seen was La coming back, having to come back against the Braves to win a World Series. How many don't some some don't count. But thiol As their team would have counted. But it did count my book. But and then what better position than to be down and then come back once again? University tov And that's kind of like cal is looking at.
Speaker 1: It all right, appreciate it out, thanks so much, love it. It's got to calabasas Stu is on the line. You know it doesn't surprise me Stu would be from Calabasas. I don't know why, why, I just it doesn't surprise me. Stu is from Calabasas.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's got to be something more behind that fad. Why Stu? Are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here like I like the bullpen by committee.
Speaker 1: Care go ahead, st hear me? Oh, let me ask you stop? Wait still? Are you from Calabasas? No, yes, yes, I lived in Calabasas for years.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: I live in the oaks, right, I live in the oaks right there it used to live.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well right, so Stue new Stull. You're not the only stew in Calabasas that you know, yes or no?
Speaker 5: Uh? Actually I'm the only Stu I know Cala where Fred Well, only one?
Speaker 1: See, it's not surprising. It's not surprising.
Speaker 5: I was actually in your house when you're trying to sell it. I saw your nice basketball court with your retaining walls.
Speaker 1: All right, Stea, yeah, fine, wait, keep the eat every going now got interesting?
Speaker 2: What else you have in the house?
Speaker 4: Where's the trap door?
Speaker 1: What was? Still? Didn't you buy the house?
Speaker 5: A lot of you had a lot of sports memorabilia, remember.
Speaker 1: That that's true. Still, why didn't you buy the house if you were in the house.
Speaker 5: No, I live in the area, but I got a view. You didn't have a view, so you're a lucky you just wanted to look. I was looking for a house, you know, nothing else to do that day, But you didn't have the view. I have a view, so I don't want to give it up.
Speaker 2: No, I was behind the park. That's what you say of you.
Speaker 5: Why not if you don't have a view. If you don't have a view, then you shouldn't be in the oaks.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, every house has a view.
Speaker 5: Damn either got of you or you want of you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, still, not only didn't I have of you? Apparently I didn't even want one because I was done.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Still, go ahead with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, real quickly. I don't want to take up your whole day, but I don't mind. I like the bo I like the bull. Tend by committee or start with clarity. I don't want ya. I'm a moto on the mound until we play in the next round. He's just not He's not. I don't trust him. The other point is, why is Chris Taylor taking the spot of maybe Pahz because Chris Taylor is the most inept in hitter on the whole roster, why keep playing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Stu, all right, goodbye Stu. Uh. I think it's safe to say a couple of things. First, Chris Taylor did warm up near the end of the year. Is that fair, Rodney, Yeah, a little bit. Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with him playing. No, not last night when they had they had to, they had to bring two guys in and play.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't really have a problem with it, you know.
Speaker 1: Because you you you know, sometimes your mind wants to go back in history where he's had some some big time playoff games, and the moment sometimes gets to a guy and they they start to feel it again. So maybe that was a thought process. And you know, Pie has got a shot the other day and and then and really didn't really didn't deliver too much. And plus he's still a young guy. So I didn't mind that. I didn't mind the decision at all.
Speaker 2: I was sorry. The other thing I want to say.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to say about Stu is uh, you know, so when we had the open houses and calabasas, And I'm not kidding. One of my watchers disappeared. Do you think Stu stole it?
Speaker 4: Or do you walk or bueler?
Speaker 2: Do you think yes or no?
Speaker 1: Well Stu certainly wasn't there to buy your house, so he was walking around seeing what he could see. Sure had an eye for everything you had in that house. He talked about your court, a lot of sports memorabilia. Maybe he had his eye on something. Frett, are you a lucky lou Do you like to go to open houses just to go No?
Speaker 2: No, not really. I have a well I have many.
Speaker 1: But one of my problems is when I used to walk around into local lake, you know, walk in the morning, get steps in, and you know, any house that was being built, and a lot of houses were being rebuilt there on the ground up. I just walk in them. Well it's a different store. I do that, Oh, Dan, Like there's houses that are being remodeled, their houses being built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go into that.
Speaker 1: But if there's a Sunday afternoon or Saturday afternoon open house, I don't drive around neighborhood looking for open houses and go into just to spend two hours in the afternoon looking at open houses. But if there's one being remodeled, yeah, because I always think maybe I can do this.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll yeah this up and do this. See what Oh yeah, it's out there, and what new is out there?
Speaker 1: Basically, if people only knew how many basements I've been in. Oh, this house has a basement, I'm going right in. I want to see what it looks like what they did down there? Always walk around and look at houses, all right, JJ and Beaumont, JJ, Now how do you feel to.
Speaker 5: Hey, Chris tin needs to spend time in the battle case like Mookie did.
Speaker 1: And okay, Chris Taylor needs to spend the time in the batting case like Mookie.
Speaker 2: Is that what he said?
Speaker 1: I think that's what he said. Well, here's the thing, and I think that's a fascinating point. I'm sure as a major league baseball player, Chris Taylor spends absolutely zero time in the cage. I'm sure as a professional baseball player, the one thing he does not practice, Rodney is hitting. Yeah, I'm sure that doesn't happen. So maybe he needs to spend some time practicing. I think that's what JJ was saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be, it might be that. Yeah, maybe that's something. Maybe he's onto something.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, JJ is still there? Yes, all right, So is that what you meant? You just thought he needs to practice hitting a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Bunny, all right, okay.
Speaker 1: All right, JJ, all right, thanks JJ. Thanks JJ.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Uh here's Josh and West Covina. Josh, how are you feeling today?
Speaker 6: I'm feeling really really good.
Speaker 7: Actually, I just wanted to say that I was at game one, game two, I'll be at game five, and I really think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before you said, how were you feeling before before last.
Speaker 5: Night's game, I was feeling good.
Speaker 7: I mean game two obviously think of the way we wanted to, but game one was really really well. I just I knew that. I think all the Doctor fans knew that they needed a win like this yesterday to push the momentum forward going into your stadium, and I think they did exactly what they needed to do, so they gave their fans a reassurance, you know, coming into game five, especially at home.
Speaker 1: All Right, Yeah, appreciate it, Josh, thanks so much. All Right, we got a couple more buying everybody saying they feel good going into game four. Absolutely not not even close. Really, what are we doing, Rodney, I don't even doing it? Was this is a stupid idea with the bullpen game. You know, how did Dodger spend that kind of payroll not have a starter for game four? Well, I gotta be honest with you, I agree, how did that happen? But it just so happened that what they did was really a good plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Right, if you really look at the totality of the roster and the money they spent and the guys they had, you're going, how the hell don't you have another picture? How did you get into this situation? I mean, honestly, you would say that, yes, that's true, but look at what happened. Hell, I swear to God, I'd let them go again tomorrow. I'll give Yamamoto them another day arrest for the next series. If they win that that plan works and those guys are good. What do you think about what the caller said, go with Flaherty instead of Yamamoto?
Speaker 2: You know what I think?
Speaker 1: Honestly? Yeah, I think whoever goes is gonna have the quickest hook. Anyway, I think if you go with Flarity, you go with Yamamoto. This is not inning by inning anymore. This is hit or by hitter tomorrow. That's what it becomes. You're not going to get a chance to work yourself out of a jam. If you get into trouble, you're getting a hook. So you know, if Yamamoto goes it gets to the first inning, that's a bonus. Let's get to the second. Let's see if the Dodgers hit. If he gets in trouble in the second, he's done. Same with Flerity, you start Flarity. You know he's susceptible to giving up the home run. So you put him out there. All good, boom, they get a run. That's it for him. This bullpen works. Yeah, so I would not mess with it.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't. It's definitely gonna be a quick hook.
Speaker 1: I just think maybe this this could be a Yama Moto coming out party for the Dodgers and being over here, Well, it'd be the perfect time, wouldn't He squeezed?
Speaker 2: He squeezed that.
Speaker 1: You know, Game one, got in some trouble, but you know they want it. But him coming back in a close out situation at Dodger Stadium, you know the guy they went out and got and spent all that money on this is this is why they got him. This is why they got him. I mean, we're sitting here talking about they don't have a starter for game four, but game five close out. This is why they got him. And it's almost like we said about you, Darvish when they went and got him at the trade deadline. Game seven of the World Series is why they went out and got him. And we know, we don't know how that went, but I just think that, you know, this could be.
Speaker 2: One of those moments for Yamamoto where I've arrived or.
Speaker 1: This is my moment, all right, Ruben and san Diego. Rubin checks and whether it's Ruben, how you feeling today.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling confident going into tomorrow, but I do have well quick quick thing first. I'd go Flairty quick cook batter by batter, no question. My two concerns about tomorrow is that as good as the bullpen was yesterday, they've the padres. Now I've seen these guys. They got some looks yesterday, and I'd be just a little worried about them going at it a second time. So I just want to put that out there because I don't think that's been brought up, and I know a guy.
Speaker 1: I didn't see some of those guys, didn't see some of the guys in the bullpen. Yeah, you altered the order of the guy. They altered them. And guys only went three batters a lot of times. And so guys on that team didn't get a chance to see everybody. And you, I'm sure they're looking at the analytics and changing it up and going, okay, he saw Tattine, Machado and cronin Worth. Oh okay, so we're going to change it up and he's going to get eight nine and one.
Speaker 2: Now, all right? All right?
Speaker 5: That that my nerves just kind of came down. U.
Speaker 2: That's what we do, baby, That's what we do here, all right, all right?
Speaker 8: But I'm I'm left with one concern.
Speaker 6: And I know Max a Monksy.
Speaker 8: Got the big I think there was a double yesterday, but he did punch out I think two times. And I'm still seeing not the highly selective Max Mounsey.
Speaker 5: We all know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to.
Speaker 8: See just a little bit more selective I from monthsy. Uh you know that that term pass the baton saying I he's just a little antsy and quick.
Speaker 5: The big swing. That's still a little concern for me.
Speaker 2: Was that walking.
Speaker 1: You know, months he was you know, he was just strike out the guy, home run guy. But he also walked a lot. He sure did. It's very selective and you're right, he's right. We haven't seen that from him. He's been very anxious. Well, he's trying to hit it to Tijuaa last night exactly exactly. He's the guy that could cork screw himself under the ground. Yeah, swinging so hard. Yeah, Schmoltz even said that on the broadcast. Is that, you know, Max is a normally a guy that has got a great eye and knows the strike zone. But you're right, he's trying to hit it to Tijuana and then down the cobble.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Wrapping up with Mike and Apple Valley, go ahead, Mike, Okay, Mike's gone.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Uh, Bobby and ar Daya the Athletic is going to join us in our next segment. As we continue, we can't get too many perspectives, now, Rodney, we don't get too many perspectives on what has happened and what we expect to happen. So we'll continue with this when we come back