Speaker 1: Right, it's we're straight in now, we're life from Wimbledon again. Day two of us being face to face, skin to skin contact is what we're getting right now.
Speaker 2: Very important team bonding.
Speaker 1: So we are one day away from your match, but you've just told me maybe not one day.
Speaker 2: No, it's a Wednesday Thursday start.
Speaker 3: It's always been a Wednesdale Thursday start, depending on results because there's a lot of singles guys in the double straw and just trying to work out the schedule. So I could be waiting till eight thirty nine tonight to find out if I'm playing tomorrow or not, which is great fun.
Speaker 1: But Billy Harris, your partner played yesterday and came through the first round of the singles, didn't he.
Speaker 4: You've spoken to.
Speaker 2: Him, I have, Yeah, I'm hitting with him in a bit actually.
Speaker 1: And he must be. He played well, didn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think he got the job done, very very convincing me. So that was that was good.
Speaker 1: And as we speak now, Bublic is on and he's your part of your doubles opponents tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What kind of alternatives and permutations could happen there?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he could.
Speaker 3: He's assessed all at the moment, he could lose this match and decide he doesn't want to hang around for doubles and pull out, and then we'll play an alternate pair. Chabali's yet to play as well, Kabali Chibally. I don't know how you pronounce it. If there's any Italians, please let me know in the comments. So, yeah, it really depends if I do play tomorrow. Obviously, Billy will play a singles first, so it won't be till later. They never put a doubles on before a singles if the same players involved. But it's a wasting game and there's a lot of people in the same position, you know, there's yeah, the singles players kind of playing on different days, so it just you just have to be patient and wait. And as you can imagine, my phone's full of people asking when I'm playing and what caught among Yes, so I don't know, right, And actually you'll know the same time as I do, and the schedule gets released on the web and then I'll get an email half an hour.
Speaker 4: Later, right, great, so great.
Speaker 3: Anyone who's wondering. Yeah, there's a big archive of my WhatsApps. At the moment, I'm ignoring people check the woe with a website.
Speaker 1: How hard is that for you in terms of like preparation Mentally, It's fine.
Speaker 3: You know, I speak to the people that i'm you know, I speak to all through the year. I follow my progress and then I do have a look at the archives and if it's you know, someone who needs to know, then I'll reply.
Speaker 2: But if it's you know, it's tough.
Speaker 3: But yeah, my coach said yesterday, I put your phone away, like we're here to play tennis.
Speaker 1: But for you to prepare for a match for tomorrow. Yeah, do you have like a match day preparation? Do you have something that you go through and yeah, the match doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean tonight now I'm just yeah, hitting gor so I'm playing some doubles practice points later and then yeah, I will wait to see if I'm playing tomorrow. And then you put your match warm up, so you hit for half an hour five minutes.
Speaker 2: Get your body loose.
Speaker 3: If we play Thursday, I'll do another double session tomorrow and same thing on Thursday. You have to be quite flexible, especially around these big tournaments. I mean the ATPs are they've got a lot more to do. With than you know, when you turn up a challenge of the sixteen pairs and you know you're going to play Tuesday, Wednesday and very likely Wednesday.
Speaker 4: And is Billy are you practicing with Billy today?
Speaker 2: I am having a practice set.
Speaker 4: Here or rains Park here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you use Billy's name, you get what you want. I'm surprised when no on center actually go and kick yannikoff in a minute.
Speaker 2: No singles guys obviously have.
Speaker 3: Priorities here, priority here as they're still in the tournament, so they get to book courts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so are you first or one of the outside courts?
Speaker 2: No, they don't.
Speaker 3: So from saturday's the last chance you can hit on the match court here. Sunday they prepare them and everything's Arangue or range Park. But you know, as you get further into this tournament, there's less and less at rains Park.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, it's just seems so tough from like the outsider's point of view that you have to kind of get like a you're on Amber alert and then you just get the buzz of oh, we're on five hours.
Speaker 3: Well you find you find out the night before and you're straight on the phone booking, transport practice speaking to your coach, it's like a good twenty minute half in our process. Obviously everyone else is trying to bok a practice court as well, so you used to get used to it. It's it's you have a tick this, you get on with it. So yeah, there's there's a million and one things to do. But my main focus now is just be ready and focus on my tennis.
Speaker 1: I must say, standing opposite you now, you seem very relaxed about it, or far more than I would be.
Speaker 4: You're nervous at all.
Speaker 3: No, the nerves will come, you know, as I'm trying to get to sleep, which is quite quite helpful. No, sometimes the nerve nerves come not before you get to sleep, it's healthy, or the morning of your match. If I'm not nervous as there's yeah, that's so worry. But yeah, you just manage it.
Speaker 4: You just it's taking it easier as you get older.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I got really nervous playing an exhibition once in the stakes, but shaking before. You just manage it as it comes along and go back to the procession and kind of hit it out of your system in the match. You know, in the pre much warm up, but you can start matches like really nervously.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: But earlier this year after Australia, I kept it.
Speaker 3: Broken first game sometimes I hit two double faults in the game. That was a period where you know, it wasn't ideal. But it's gone now touch wood.
Speaker 4: As you slap, it happens.
Speaker 2: That it happens still the top you know, not the top top guys.
Speaker 4: But any rock of it.
Speaker 2: Early yeah, early in his career. It's very a double fault issue for a while.
Speaker 3: And Marcus Willis as well, you know, those kind of players.
Speaker 4: These guys heroes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you could have go with practice.
Speaker 4: Is there a theme for the practice for today?
Speaker 3: Just finding our just finding out that the players that work where we like to serve on bigger points, who's balls what down the middle? I think it's gonna be, you know, fairly good with Billy's a singles guy, used his strengths, you know, serves really well, really accurately, hits really well from the back, so you know we're not going to be both rushing the net all time. And then I've got to get the balance right between putting on my junkie shots and playing normal tennis like a normal human. So just finding that balance. But you know, he's great to play with. He fights his nuts off all the time and he's a good laugh. Likes his Weatherspoon's breakfast.
Speaker 2: Breakfast the cheapest, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And does the cheap does if.
Speaker 2: It was just scrambled eggs with one hand?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure yeah sure cheap over like quality equals the best sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a fine line, isn't it. Yeah, we need to come up with a chart, work this out that I'm over.
Speaker 2: The smashed a card of with chilei and poached eggs.
Speaker 4: What did you have for lunch today? Players restaurant?
Speaker 2: I had a si E bowl.
Speaker 1: That's not on the weather Swing's menu, cover.
Speaker 4: Chunky chips, and then it is no.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any chips up there.
Speaker 3: Actually, my friend just had a Coronation chicken sandwich and a packet of crisps.
Speaker 4: Good meal deal, proper meal deal meal taal.
Speaker 2: But it's not three pounds and tell you that.
Speaker 4: And you can't sit down in a restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, it's very busy at the moment and hot. So we came to over to a ranging.
Speaker 4: Does it heat change your training? As all your preparation.
Speaker 2: Not really, it's double.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you can't train for a couple of hours and a bit of heat playing doubles.
Speaker 4: And it's not for you, really, don't Ginger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well that's different then I think you get Gingers get their own heat rule, you know, after each five games they got to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've heard normal people have one thing. In Ginger's another.
Speaker 2: They're allowed to play with umbrellas on their head.
Speaker 1: So that no mandatory you have to since Brexit, Yeah you have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm making my way sensecord a minute, and I have to go like Spider Man along the side of the buildings just in case I'm not in the shadows.
Speaker 4: It's one of the it's the Wimbledon.
Speaker 3: Way, and no one can see you that way as well, incognito.
Speaker 1: I'm really looking forward to speaking tomorrow on what might be the day of the match.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, yeah, we don't know yet till tonight, so it's stay tuned in to find out. Or it could be Thursday, sure, yeah, but it might rain tomorrow as well, and then it could be we just don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep doing and then we've got mixed doubles.
Speaker 4: It's the day before the match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just do that. It's always the day before match.
Speaker 4: It's always the day before. Yeah, speak to you tomorrow. Bye bye.