Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lionce Podcast Recover anything and everything to do to the Marvel Universe and the comics TV in movies. Who will go from first six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm Travis Alliance A seven volume two hundred and twenty four, and we are now in the era of a post Deadpool and Wolverine world.
Speaker 1: And yes, as you hear, Brent is not able to join us tonight. He's had some some off. He's off actually trying to get into the finding where in what actual multiverse can he find Deadpool in Wolverine in because he's got questions. I've got questions and we need those answers. So Brent is on assignment right now to get those answers.
Speaker 3: Brent's gotten a few answers from a couple of different actors playing comic book.
Speaker 4: Characters over the years, so I wouldn't rule this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, including some of his own Marvel Alliance exclusives from mister John bernhal So. But yeah, so hopefully he'll be back next week. At that point, but we wish him well in his quest. So, but Travis Hines has joined us as the illustrious host of The Animation Nation and co host of DC Alliance. So, how are you doing this week?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well. Chris. Work was a little blow.
Speaker 3: But as I was telling you before we started, and I talked about it in the GUA chat, I got a chance to watch the entire ten episodes of Batman Cape Crusaders today. So it was a very enjoyable experience. Great day, not as productive of day as I would like to be, But I implore anybody if you're a fan of Batman, the animated series, check this shows.
Speaker 4: It's a love letter to Batman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely looking looking forward to seeing those that that amazing stuff this weekend. So but but yeah, so we are going to be talking about I know, we did our live kind of reactions to the SEC panel with the geek Verse guys. We really appreciate them inviting us on. I know the audio that released. Mainly we mainly kind of focus on the big event of it, and uh, we only had a little bit of discussion everything else. But we're going to use this episode to kind of do our full breakdown of the panel and we are knocking. We are not alone on this. We have a guest that was actually there on the ground. He's going to talk to us about his experiences, but we're gonna bring him in just a little bit because we have the Lovely Lovely Network plugs that we have to do before that. So we are part of the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network with seven shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers. Our dollar tiers are tip jart if say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollars here where with ad for episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows. We've got two shows on there. On the marvel Line side, we can watch this all day, The Marvel Lines Infinity Saga rewatch twenty four episodes covering the entirety of our feelings on each one of the Infinity Saga movies. And then we have our current show Tales from the House of X, where we will be watching our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men. We've got four episodes up there right now, Deadpool, Deadpool two, The Wolverine, and Logan. Brendon and I will be recording our first dive into the original X Men movie this month. It is now officially at time recording August first, So this month we will be recording and it will drop at the end of the month. DC Alliance, you all have DC films through the years. What is your most recent episode?
Speaker 3: Our most recent episode was Superman Returns Chris. Was a very fun discussion. A lot of the CGI and special effects really still hold up quite well, but there was a lot to discuss. And this month is going to be a film I've never seen before. Calm start us. So Joe has the list. I don't question it. I just go about finding the films once he tells me what we're watching next.
Speaker 1: Yes, gotcha. And then we've got just speaking of Joe, he's got his Multiverse Minutes Disney Dives. He just released his most recent episode looking at the controversial Disney film that will be interesting to see if it ever comes out of the vault. Unless it is outside of copyright, that would be a song of the South, so check that out. He releases those on the first and fifteenth of every month. We've got a lot of back content out there, so we want to thank our patriots. We can't do this that your support, and if you want to be a member of our Patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com backslash Guway Networks so you can get all that lovely content. And if you can't join us on patroon, totally understand if you want to take thirty to ninety seconds rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Organic price Books dot Com for omnibus hardcover collective dis She Needs JP and the crude OPB and I've got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging ships around the world. You earn points by every order so you can get discounts on that. We've got a huge Marvel pre order final order cutoff that was just launched last week. We've got Black Panther by Original Hudland Omnibus for the first time ever in Omnibus edition. Also a big one for you Daredevil fans like me, Daredevil by Nacente and Romita Junior first time ever. This has kind of been the big hole that is missing after the Frank Miller years and heading into the uh Kevin Smith bendis that kind of era. This is that missing hole and this is a volume one, so this is we want to make sure to get that so we can finally conclude that missing gap in the Daredevil saga as well anything else. It stands out to me looking at these amazing Spider Man Omnibus Volume six, we're going in the sixth volume of the amazing Spider Man era, and as we joked with Brent last week, ultimate Fantastic for Omnibus Volume one is actually coming out at that point. So but not to counter that with X Men Fatal Attractions Omnibus, what an illustrious, illustrious run that was so amazing. Covers, All these covers are amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm getting taken in by every one of them.
Speaker 1: But use that code Marvel g Ua at checkout to get two dollars off every single order use it an unlimited amount of times and a lesson though they are you're a listener, and we want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, So so I don't think we have we do have one programming note. We want to thank our network Reverend for this geek Verse ninth and averse ree stream. It is nine years geek verst premiered and they are celebrating their nine years with their stream starting. It's not a twenty four hour steam, it's a nine hour stream starting at eleven a m. Eastern Standard time. If you're on another coast, you know through the math at that point. But eleven am Eastern Standard time on Saturday, going to the geek Versus YouTube channel. The trivia Match, the infamous Trivia Match will start at one pm Eastern Standard time. I will be participating in that a lot of different events. I think the maybe dubbed the final match between Taylor and Travis.
Speaker 4: And never Been deads like this never die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's events like that never die at that point, but yeah, check that out. We want to congratulate them on nine great years, because without geek Verse, no geek Ultimate alliance really doesn't exist, so we really appreciate it. Congratulations everyone over there at geek Verse, and I look forward to participating in the trivia. All right, So SDCC the Hall h panel, you know, usually you know, we would break down this, but we did have a fellow mutual reach out to me letting me know that he would be on the floor and would be happy to come on and talk about his on the on the floor experiences. So I said absolutely, So we're going to bring him in right now. Everyone say a big hello to Carrie. How you doing, Carrie doing good?
Speaker 5: Guys, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on, and yeah, tell the people a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 5: Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay area, you know, maybe between San Jose and San Francisco, kind of Silicon Valley area. Been out in Colorado for the last few years. And like like Chris, I'm also in the field of education, although that might be changing for me in the near future. We'll see. There's a lot of TBA the TVD to figure it out there. But yeah, most of my career has been an education as a teacher in the classroom.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 1: That is great, and uh, tats off to you at that point, and what you know, it's like you said, things always changing, things always moving at that point, but obviously always wish everyone the best at that point. So talk to us about like SDCC so to kind of a little bit about yours. I know we talked to a little bit off air, But first question I have before we even get into the panel itself is how long you've been going? You know, some of your favorite kind of memories of hall.
Speaker 5: H twenty fifteen was the year I was first able to go. That was the year that me and my friend and my cousin were able to finally snag badges. I had tried a couple of years prior and no luck. You know, and everything you hear about how fast the badges for Comic Con sell out, you know, when the general sale happens, it's all. It all is true. At sale, you know, they sell out with if not within an hour, shortly after an hour. So it does just a matter. It's just a random selection process. And the fortunate thing is after you've been able to go, then your chances of getting a badge to increase if you're a returning member. Uh, even if you only scored like you know, one day from the initial sale, then you that you qualify for returning registration and uh you also you know, and there's other strategies and methods that have learned over the years of making sure we get badges for every year. So yeah, buying us the years where we're shut down for COVID H. I've been going every year since twenty fifteen. So and I can tell you also this, uh, you know, I would When I first started hearing about comic Con was probably around twenty ten to twenty eleven somewhere around there. And that was when you know, phase one of the MCU was in, you know, is on the on the upswing. You know, we were post Iron Man two. Uh, and you know, all the fans were speculating, is this is this you know, cinematic universe idea? Mike, he was one of my boys from the only guys I was with a comic con. You know that back then we were all wondering, how is this whole Avengers think going to work? How is this whole shared cinematic universe gonna work? Is people gonna connect with thor people connect with caps cap to outdated those kind of questions were all just looming and we just didn't know. And you know, twenty ten, I think was the area they had, you know, the panels for Captain America verst Avenger the first Thor movie, and then brought out the whole Avengers cast on stage long before they started filming. So that plus stuff related to DC, you know, not not being able to be there for the Man of Steel panel made me go like, I can't miss this anymore. I have to be there for these kind of things, So I want to be in the room for this level of hype and excitement and to be engaged with this material is really what what drove me to it and be able to see exclusive footage, see the cast on stage. Those have always been my motivating my biggest motivated factors. Plus but there's so many things to see and do in comic kind to make it a rich experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say like comic it's been one of those things at least for me that I've thought about it, but it's never been enough for me just because of I see, I'm not a like, I don't have an aversion of crowds or anything like that, but how much it's grown and gotten to a point where saying, I don't know if I even want to be in this kind of environment necessarily. And then with the strikes happened last year, that would have been the stc fee for me to go to because I you know, I love seeing all the Hollywood and TV stuff, but like I am all not saying you aren't, but the comic book creators and how it was such a unique show back to when it used to be the way it was, and how much everyone had said it was so unique. So last year would have been the year. But maybe one day I'll get out there and have the opportunity to go out there and maybe do some my own boots on the ground for a Gigletimate alliance. That would be kind of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was there last year and it did have a different It was still everyone was still happy and excited to be there. Yeah, but you know it did have a different vibe and feel without all the big Hollywood studios for movies and TV. But you know that there was just the focus was back on the comics. Like Scott Snyder is my favorite comic book writer, so I had to be able to, you know, get signed by him. Meet with him, and that kind of stuff is always really fun. So yeah, so I went to Wonder for a couple of years before I was able to start going to comic Con. So it definitely has that kind of smaller feel in that regard, but still feel like you're part of a big size convention where there's a lot of energy to be there with the other fans.
Speaker 4: So did you know did you.
Speaker 3: Know Marvel was going to like do a big presentation before you decided to go back this DCC this year, or were you already going?
Speaker 4: Nope, regardless, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I knew I was going regardless, So that was always I I would have been really surprised if they decided to skip one of the talk tracks that I'm sure you guys have speculated off and on or comments on here and there. You know, anytime there's a d twenty three year, I feel like the pundits always want to say, well, this is near Marvel will skip because they won't cost them money to go. But like Kevin Figey, I think has made it pretty darn and clear that he values the comic, the San Diego Comic Con experience, even if there's a d twenty three year and they're just gonna find a way to do both. If they have if they have material to share, like if they have footage to show, if they have cast to an ounce and bring on the stage and you know, answer a couple of questions, and if they have announcements to make, like any casting announcements or things like that. If they have something to talk about, they're going to be there. But if there, if it's a year where they're needed to put a pause button on things, or if it's in between you know, before like you know, like obviously in between Intrity New War An Endgame they did where they skip twenty nineteen. Uh wait, no, twenty eighteen for obvious reasons. Uh so you know I and so yeah, the times where they do skip always sort of seem to make sense when you look at the nature of the way things are releasing. So they so historically they're they're both for Comic Comic Con and D twenty three. So there really wasn't any question, especially since they weren't able to go for the reasons for the strikes last year, there was really no doubt in my mind that they would be showing up nice.
Speaker 1: Well good, We'll let us get into kind of like your experiences down there this year at that point, I know you said you wanted to kind of talk about there was a little difference unique experiences this year between kind of you know, they surprised everyone and it wasn't just the standard hall Ah panel before, but they decided to do a surprise presentation and do a dead Pool Wolverine panel that basically turned into let's all watch the movie together with the stars of it at that point. But yeah, talk about kind of talk about your experiences before we get into the actual hall Ah panel.
Speaker 5: Sure, And for anyone who's listening who has always heard things about Comic Con over the years, all the stories you hear about, you know, people camping out, having to wait a whole day in line, or having to form groups in order to wait in line in order to get into Hall h All, that is absolutely one percent true and accurate. So that is very much a thing of people start they Comma consecurity plants a next dayline flag at some point in the marina that's on the kind of the backside of the convention center, and even as as early as basically I don't know, I don't know, I forget what time they did this year, but like eleven o'clock eleven pm Thursday, since people wanting to go into Friday's events had already been moved up to where they need to be and given wristbands to make sure they were gonna get priority to get inside the Saturday hal Age, people started lining up at that point. So it is, you know, the fans are very eager to make sure they're getting in line at at a good point, to get a good spot in line and to get wristbands, and so I didn't tell you where you're gonna be in the room. More or less the thing that Marvel did very differently this year. When the panel schedule was announced about two weeks before the con, there was this slot on Thursday night for haul Age that said just said TBA, like just no clear indication of what the panel was for, who that was for, what studio if any, was going to be there for it. And then around the time when in one of the press releases where you know, not only did Marvel Studios officially confirm that they were going to be there on Saturday Saturday night is their usual time slot, which was no different this year, but then it was in more or less in that same breath or shortly afterwards that they announced that the Thursday TBA panel was going to be this Deadpool and Wolverine. I think they called it a celebration of Life panel, and not only but they were going to do it run it differently the way that Comic Con normally does it is if you go in, if you get into the panel, whole age or any panels really, any panel rooms throughout the convention center. They don't clear the rooms in between panels. So if you get there, if you're there for the very first panel, you can choose to stay there the whole rest of the day. No one's going to care. Okay, you might if you leave and come back, you might have trouble getting back in, depending on what it is, but you can stay the whole day inside there basically. So the difference was for the Thursday night think they did clear the room before that Deadpool wool room because they made it where you had to like go on a certain website or some kind an RSVP and to try and fast forward to Thursday night itself. I mean, I wasn't in that line. I didn't manage to RSVP on the link in time for it, but I did manage to go see it at a movie theater with a friend of mine down in San Diego, which was fun. But the major thing I heard was that it for as many things as comic con does right in terms of everyone who'd had RSVP'd, not everyone got inside, even though they knew the numbers of the hall. Ah hold sixty five hundred people, so they should have known exactly how many people are getting it in. But there were people who are svp'd who didn't get in, and I think it's because at some point they stopped scanning the RSVP notices, or I think a lot of people are probably screamed me it took screenshots of their RSVP notice and shared it with their friends. Of the friends who didn't actually try or didn't get it could now go in. And they just didn't do a very good job of monitoring that line. And I guess the organization that line was just really really off base compared to like how a comic con normally manages their lines and getting people in, So that was a bit of a different ordeal. Yeah, Marvel's never never had any kind of like RSVP system for any panel before, so that was definitely a unique thing for this year. I think it's because they screened the movie. They're inside with you know, sixty five hundred fans and the other thing that I missed out on. I wish I'd been around and outside for it. But they did put on Around the time the panel, the Deadpool and Wolverine panel wrapped, they put on a really cool drone light show around somewhere in the sky around the convention center that showed not just you know, Deadpool and Wolverine, but like other I think that had the Fantastic Four logo, It had Galactis an outline of his head and things like that. So a really cool feature that they got to do to continue just to drive a more hype and excitement.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Yeah, and it's interesting. You know, again, they probably learned a lot from this new experience they tried. They tried to do and again a cool experience that people weren't necessarily thought they would do with the movie coming out. But maybe you know, again they're you know, I don't know, the uh if Fantastic four First Steps and stc C lineup as well as it Dead pul Wolverine line up with the show next year, but it's around the same time, so we'll just have to see. But but yeah, let's get into actual hall h and kind of the breakdown discussions and hear what you saw at that point, and Travis and I will kind of jump in and kind of since we were the outsiders looking and watching Twitter feeds and other people talk about it. So I know they first up. They they brought up a Brave New World. Now, the trailer did drop a few weeks ago at that point, and I remember when I saw dead Pool Wolverine, they took out you know, Isaiah, Isaiah, he saw him take out the gun. But they definitely cut away from the shooting of Thunderbolt Ross due to a recent event, which totally get but you know, it's one of those things that I get it, but it's also like, yeah, this is a conflict movie. I don't think you know, in this case, we're gonna be so but neither here nor there. But so yeah, Brave New World. We got the cast on the stage. We got a great moment with Harrison Ford being the incredible I mean, I'm a Harrison fort He is my number one favorite actor of all time, and I love it when he hams it up on stage like that and does that. But you know, get we'll talk about it kind of what you saw that because we know you all saw footage and that kind of like footage mixed in with kind of a think it was like a kind of a splash reel at the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So the way they did it was, first of all, they kicked off the whole h panel. They had all sorts of dancing Deadpools dancing up and down the aisles. You know too, I think I forget the name of the song, but it's one of them on the songs.
Speaker 1: Probably uh uh, you know, like the prayer song.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so they had a variety of dancing Deadpools up and down the aisles that had a whole choir on stage that came out singing the song as well too, uh to kind of just to get fans, get us all hyped and excited for them starting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Then Kevin Faige came out and he brought on uh, he brought on I forget the name of the actor, but Peter from the Deadpool franchise, and he served as the moderator for the whole thing. He's the one that asked questions of Kevin fig and the cast members as they brought or it came out at various points so for all throughout the evening. So uh so, yeah, that's how they created the excitement for everything. And I can't remember the order of things exactly. I want to say they led with the extended footage, Okay, that they might have brought out the cast for I can't remember the order. If they brought out the cast first and talked a little bit about and then the footage that they kind of led in with the with the Captain American Bravey World footage. But I can tell you this, I was. It was like probably a good six or seven minute stretch of a stretch of footage that they showed us, so very much like an extended trailer. The start of it was actually kind of a complete scene that was between between Ross and Sam and them conversing and them talking about the whole thing of you know, wanting to make Captain American official military position again and the nature of that conversation. So the footage blew my mind. It was fantastic. Is it really just has cemented for me that this movie, for a long time has been one of my most anticipated MCU projects coming up. I love Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson in the role. I love the falcon A Winter Soldier series, and so I'm really really excited for what they got coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from what we kind of am reading from a book dot com, Brandon Davis kind of a breakdown, saying in the footage, Harrison Fort's President Ross explains how when the celestial mass emerged from the Indian Ocean, humans squabbled over it and tried to export resources. He explains the new element belongs to all of us, which I kind of talked about in the trailer, saying, like my theory is uh. He says that, but I think it's the Japanese first late claim to it and seems to be where this alliance is coming from. Moments later, the President and Sam talked about their past disagreements which he just said, and desire to rebuild the Avengers. They discussed what will happen when they disagree how to man situation. Sam gets a new suit in the next clip, leading to a sizzle reel. Sidewinder locks and loads and calls out standby for proof of death before shooting at Sam. Tense footage brings Sam out. Ross wants the entire thing put to bed. Sam isn't happy with that cut to an action seeing Sam flying chasing around Tia Mutt. But I think the biggest thing we got confirmation on is you all heard the words adamantium in the footage, and so yeah, now that is the that is the mirror, that is the resource that seems to be all has all this world now with Twitter.
Speaker 5: Yeah that hearing Harrison Ford as President Ross out of the word adam antium, my jaw dropped. There was very much like a you know, I have my phone. Actually know, we phones were put away obviously at that point because they wanted us to make sure we weren't filming.
Speaker 1: You had your phone, some people didn't.
Speaker 5: It was it was you know, it was on, but it was turned down so that once the footage stops, so I could bring the camera back up and report what's happening on stage. But I was very much like an O grab moment of that reveal. I would never a million years have guessed that they were going to use the celestial to explain how adam anti where adamantium comes from? Uh. In the Marvel Cinematic nuver. So seeing them connect those dots and and and you know that's how they're introducing that into this world. That was so through. I was like, oh my gosh, that's awesome. So that was a great moment.
Speaker 4: Was it a crowd pot for that? A lot of people are like, Okay.
Speaker 5: A lot of people went on that's for that one.
Speaker 1: What you now hearing all this? Travison, you're kind of two cents on what she experienced with this particular part of the panel, Brave New World. What are your kind of your thoughts on not only just Adamantium, but what was kind of shown out there.
Speaker 3: I'm with Carrie too. Even before going into this, I was digging this. I really enjoyed Falcon the Winter Soldier in the series, and I'm right there with you with Anthony Mackie. I can't wait to see Ridhole like the one little thing we got of him in the trailer, and then just seeing how Ali and Harrison forty is like being in the panel, like getting up and screaming and like being into it. I can't wait to see this performance. So I can't wait to see also what who the different factions that are going to be going after Adamantium, because it's not just gonna be the ones that we're gonna hear it before we go in.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be definitely.
Speaker 3: Somebody on the back burner trying to play the streams for this.
Speaker 4: So I can't wait. It's just so much to this film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh foot Media saying do we think Harrison Ford knows what adam antium means for the MCU. You know, we'll take we'll assume the line is what he said recently during an interview with a question like this, saying I really appreciate the opportunity to answer this and I take it with two ways dignity and uh indignity at that point, and I don't care is what so this interviews is Uh, I think they need to learn that it's gonna he is gonna be respectful, but at point do you ask a question like that you know he doesn't care about Yeah, he's gonna let you have it. But we also got that confirmation and uh, John Carles Bosito was right when he said that no one had guessed it right and we were he he was true to his word that he is playing the leader of the Serpent Society Sidewinder and everyone's i know, on our child's like, Okay, now I've got to look this up at this point because that is a deep pull. And yeah, I don't think we're going to get the comic accurate suit for mister Sidewinder at that point. But the fact that he also said that he's going to be in an unannounced Disney Plus show as one of the leads is going to be very interesting to see if we're going to get that at D twenty three some confirmation of that. But but yeah, Sidewinder as one of our main antagonists next to the leader in this one? How do we all feel about that?
Speaker 4: Didn't the Serpent Society get cut out?
Speaker 3: Like they had stuff that was filmed originally with like that seth Rollins guy and other so they changed that around.
Speaker 1: He is cut out of the movie from what we understand. I believe his wife is rumor has it that she is still in it, but he has been cut out of it. And I think that's an unfortunate history of mister seth Rollins with being cut out of certain shows. But but yeah, so Serpent Society is still in there, maybe in a very in a different role, which is when they brought in John Carlo into it. So, you know, I like giohn Carlo. I've been a big fan since his beginnings. At that point, I have, you know, kind of followed his career before Breaking Bad. But hey, that's a prestige actor. I wish one day, though, we will see him in his kind of haiti right now, not being a villain. I know he can do it. I've seen him not be a villain, but I mean it brings him the money.
Speaker 5: So I always referred to the first time I saw John Carlo as Spiezio and something was in the Usual Suspects. He was an FBI agent, yep, And so that was my first and I remember thinking, this guy is really good. I like this guy. I like I want to see more. It's one of my buddies there. Yeah, he's I didn't get into Breaking Bad when everyone else's and I haven't watched the entire series. I've seen only a few episodes with him in it, but I've loved everything he's been in whenever I've seen it, whether it's like the Boy, these are other stuff. So yeah, but he was a protagonist, at least in in the that short bit he was in the usual suspect, so would be cool to see him return. Anyways, his energy, uh, everyone's energy on stage was fantastic, like he was excited. Uh Anthony Mackie is you know, he's a he's a showman. He's a ball full of energy. And also the funny thing was once Harrison Ford came on stage, because Harrison Ford didn't come on until a little bit later after they write out him and the other guys. And and also I'm forgetting that the guy we've plays Samuel Stearns, the actor was playing Tim Tim. Uh yeah, yeah, so they were on the stage and Harrison Ford came out, came out a little bit later. But dude, Anthony Mackie was ribbon on Harrison. I heard he was. He was, he was throwing some throwing some comments his way uh to really to to not really rough salt in the route, but you know, to you know, play with their you know their and their you know, probably antagon between each other in the movie. And then Harrison Ford's like, see, I've been dealing with this for last year and a half or something like that. You know, so yeah, the way that you know, Harrison Ford just kind of pretends to hulk out, you know, and in the moment it was just got everyone everyone excited and cheering and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Tim Blake Nelson. Yet that's correct, and he's saying that they were super over dramatic about how secretive his character was. I think a lot of people were disappointed because they made everyone think it was going to be a massive role and how secretive it was. Yeah, again, they they'll play it up at that point, get some the taglines, and when it was like, it was like, yeah, I mean, you're right, no one would guess it, you know. The GW Bridge was an interesting guest still was if that ended up being was like, okay, I'll wait till I see it. What wasn't necessary my Bengo card. So but all right, let's let's kind of transition into the Thunderbolts and see and kind of talk about that. So Thunderbolts asterix. You know, I don't even know we're gonna call it the Thunderbolts with an asterix. What was kind of your experiences on the floor with that?
Speaker 5: So most of the cast comes out and then when they announced David Harbor, he doesn't come out on stage from the usual spot that everyone else does, and they're like, David Harbor, David, where are you? And then all of a sudden he comes out on the side. So he's walking through the aisles on the you know where we're all sitting, and he's in his red Guardian costume and he's not in character. Well maybe I think he maybe was in character at first. And then as he gets closer to the stage, he looks at all the rest of the cast is like, wait a minute, you guys aren't in costume. You guys promised me, we went with this is comic Con. You promised me we would all show up in costume. I'm so embarrassed. And and he's like throwing your jabs at your verbal jabs at like at Sebastian stan and and other people in the cast and whatnot, and even Florence. And then as he's walking off to the side later to get out of costume, he's like, I can't believe that Florence pew, she's a and you know, says some other says something the matter and whatnot. So he was so much fun to see him like ham it up in character like that, and yeah, just it's always fun. When ever the actors, whenever they show up someone in character, at least in costume, it's always a delight, and you know, it's part of the whole thing. Here's the thing I want to say about Marvel Studios as a whole with their whole age panels, and I think not everyone. I don't know why this doesn't get communicated more often. Marvel Studios treats their hall age panel. They treat it like a rock concert, like they really do. They're trying to create that same sense of excitement of you're there to see this really unique performance that you're not going to see anywhere else, and it says this unique window of time in this unique spot. And you know, I do believe Kevin Figy is a showman. You know, he's not the one in all the time or even the majority of the time on the panel, but he knows how to work the crowd, he knows how to hype, he knows how to build excitement and connect with the audience that way. So I really do think this is all the presentation and the way that actors come on stage, some showing up in costumes, some not, or the way they show footage or then they announce certain character reveals. It is all part of the whole thing of like it's creating this rock concert feel of an experience when you're.
Speaker 1: There, and that would make sense. I mean, Travis, what do you kind of feel about that? I think that's a pretty accurate statement.
Speaker 3: That's basically what you want for his DCC if I'm being asked with you just to be have a shared experience like that rock concert.
Speaker 4: Same thing with movies.
Speaker 3: He knows when he speaks about movies, he talks about the shared experience, So it would make sense carry that he makes extra effort to ensure that's like quite.
Speaker 4: An experience for people.
Speaker 3: This might be the one time you get to Hollege. Some people might not go every time. So I'm sure he's cognizant of that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Thunderbolts, what the footage they showed you?
Speaker 5: The footage they showed it starts off you might even you might have somebody written for the help with it, but like it starts off with Yolena going and finding her father and he's kind of been into shovel apartment and you're living on his own kind of like a slob and he tries to clean the place up when he realizes it's her at the door, and she proceeds to say, I need you to help me with something, and I forget what other things that she says. But then it kind of cuts to this series of kind of checking in with the various characters like you like John Walker, who else Winter Soldier? And then it ultimately coalesces into all the majority of the characters showing up in one room with each other. No one knows who they are, they don't they've never met each other, never encounter each other, and of course it's just a fight ensues, a big, big group fight of them all fighting each other from one angle and the other, going from one opponent to the next, not really realizing but the room was like closed up, so they're kind of caught and trapped in there, and and I think eventually the room opens up a little bit and then all, yeah, ghosts shows up and so yeah, no one knows what to do with ghosts because of her power set. So it's just such cool like it there definitely feels very you know. The thing I always liked about the Black Widow movie and the action in the Black Widow movie or even Winter Soldier Captain America, the Winter Soldier. I love that, like Jason, that Bourne identity style, fighting, of that kind of choreography, and that level of visceral intensity that is very much echoed and matched here among the various characters of The Thunderbolts, at least in that first scene when they're all kind of, you know, brought together. They don't know why they're they're They're each kind of there for one reason that the other person doesn't know about. And I think it's ultimately Valentina's schemes of getting them all together.
Speaker 1: And oh, you can't you can't even say her name, you can't even think it.
Speaker 5: I didn't call her, you know, I said, I said Valentina, So I.
Speaker 1: Followed, that's even crossing the line, that just even cross. No, you can't even think it, can't say it, can't think it, don't even acknowledge it at that point.
Speaker 5: Julia Louis Dreif is a character.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: She shows up on screen and then proceeds to start talking to them. I can't remember the specifics of what she said.
Speaker 1: Yeah she I think she says something to the effect of from what I'm looking at here, and what I remember from other descriptions of it, like she says, you know, you're not good guys, You're not they're good guys, and then there's bad guys, and then there's worse and you are not good and you know, so basically everyone keeps up saying, oh, this is Marvel's version of the Suicide Squad. Yeah, kind of in a way it is. In a way it isn't.
Speaker 3: More established characters like characters we've seen before in them.
Speaker 1: We'll put those in quotes to what we've.
Speaker 3: Seen, sorry, characters reappearing characters, whereas in Suicide By the first one or the second one, well, besides a couple Harley Quinn and Boomerang, but for the most part and Captain flat Air Joe.
Speaker 5: It's sort of the idea of like taking these characters that are have been supporting characters in other movies and maybe like lesser known characters and just kind of throwing them in this big melting pot and sort of seeing the stew that that comes out of it. I'm really excited for because I mean, I'm looking forward to even that this wasn't in the footage. This is just my own speculation of you know, what's the conversation between Yolena and Bucky gonna be like, well.
Speaker 1: William then and Chad at that point he said he was attacked by Carrie and he demands, justin what did you do to William?
Speaker 5: I just you know, he was I think there was a line. It wasn't the normal studios panel it was. It was I think it was trying to get into the Jim Lee spotlight panel. And I was just he was I think he was either honest, but his face was down. And then I went up to him. I was like, hey, man, I might have tapped him on the shoulder or something like that kind of took him by surprise.
Speaker 1: So good to see William. Yeah, but it was the other part of the footage they talked about was Buck entering a courtroom US agent looks at news articles about himself, you know, disc you know, discount of Steve Rogers, discount Captain America Lan another Hallway fight, remnisson of Iron Man two, Black Widow fight. We see ghost so I mean, we see Bob entering wearing a hospital gown. So they're still not acknowledging that Lewis Pullman is a century They still not acknowledging that even though everything we know is pretty much pointing to that signal outside of the firm up nature, but it is I'm curious. I mean, Century is kind of an interesting character to bring into the MCU, especially with the you know, his condition as it were, So it's gonna be interesting to see exactly this team possibly going toe to toe with the Century, which is what I'm basically kind of feeling, is you know, inevitable in this movie.
Speaker 5: It seemed to me like because he introduces himself as Bob and they're like Bob, He's like just Bob or whatever. I feel like that was kind of, at least for the audience, kind of a throwback to his character in Top Gun Maverick and just kind of the idea of like, oh, there's there's really nothing, you know, he's trying to present it as what you see is what you get, sort of a thing like there's really no era of mis Well, obviously we know there's more mystery to him in this with Thunderbolts, but you know, on that Top of Maverick, he's just Bob. He's a regular guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: So I feel like they're trying to put on that site. They're trying to frame it in that same mindset here. And also Lewis Pullman, he didn't he didn't say anything on stage, like he didn't answer the questions or anything like that. He was just there to wave and smile.
Speaker 1: But so what do you think about this? Travis from Twip saying, is is Bob the target that each of the Thunderbolts are after?
Speaker 3: That would make sense to if because it could be the one that Helene is after, because she could be trying to carry it a contract and that might bring her into this whole thing. It sounds like Valves just trying to assemble them to go after her. But I do think some of these characters could be going after her initially, initially going after Bob initially before the Thunderbolts get into action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and William says Claire forgot he was on his way to the DC all Access Chanda when you were costed and you better be careful, Carrie, you know lawsuits may be coming.
Speaker 5: Well he's bigger than you, so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would say, like all in all, my level right now, my level between both of the like Brave New World and Thunderbolts Brave New Roles is a step above right now with underbus I'm curious about Thunderbolts. I'm I'm not one of these people. Oh, they are a whole group of people that have all the same, like all the similar kind of things like that doesn't necessarily you know, you're not missing it wrong, But that's kind of low hanging fruit. I'm just more of like, what's bringing them together, what's the big story and how is this connecting to the overall kind of MCU of where it is, because right now this is not something that in my opinion, right now, I don't see how it connects to the multiverse saga I right now, see I'm very curious to see what the asterisks is supposed to reveal. My big thing is is asterisk dark Avengers. You know, this is the most Avengers like movie that we've had in since the end of PA three.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they didn't, Yeah, they didn't specify this in the Brave New World footage. They did show talk about They did show Ross talking to Sam about creating a new Avengers team of some kind, so did they did? They did have that conversation the middle that footage, So just kind of knowing where these things are in sequence with each other. It seems to me like, you know, Ross wants to get Captain America back in play. He wants an Avengers team, and then at the same time, Valentina de Fontaine what however her complete name, She's taken it upon herself to form her own team because she's been able to make connections between all these people in her own way. So I feel like they're both of them independent of each other, are trying to sort of like answer the question of where are the Avengers. Who are the Avengers post end game? You know, who are the people?
Speaker 1: But he knows and we're still not going to know by the end of this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no.
Speaker 5: But but even within the even within the narrative of the Marvel Cinematic universe, I feel like the Thunderbolts is sort of attempting to address that. Oh yeah, their own degrees, I agree, And going back to what he said, like, you know, not worrying about the you know, I'm not stressing about the fact that they they're what their different power sets are. A lot of them are you know, kind of winter or kind of you know, inter soldiery like or very super spied like Yeah. Yeah, but like I'm interested in seeing like is Yelena below, We're gonna look at Bucky and say, you're the one who tried to shoot my sister. Yeah, like you know, or you try to kill my sister multiple times and like it's like you say, you're not that guy anymore. But I don't know, you know, So I'm looking forward to like that kind of dynamic or you know, it's like, oh, you were you know Red guardment, like you were Captain America's best friend on him about his war stories and like he's going like, dude, you were never there or something to that effect. So I'm just really interested in this melting pot of personalities and the character dynamics that's gonna ensue U.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The footage definitely got me exciting and got me interested. Like I'm very curious. I very much want to see this. It'll be really cool to go from from Brave New World into this. I think that's kind of a natural sequence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny Sagam in the chat saying Julie lwithz Drif's character probably lied to all of them to get each one of them to do the job, and their survival is the trap to test them to join the Thunders. I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 3: Also, she also capitalized on a lot of these people when they were at the lowest too, So like did she she didn't have to pitch a lot of them like the US agent.
Speaker 4: He didn't have anywhere else to go. He was going to jail essentially exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but yeah, it'll be it'll be interesting to see at that point. But we're gonna take her first ad break before we get break down the last two panels of the of the SDCC panels, So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on a Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit, so we give it that three count before they come on. Three two one, we'll be right back and we are back, all right. So the Fantastic Four, that's what we learned. That's what we knew the movie was gonna be titled. And then we got the title after the footage was shown as The Fantastic Four First Steps. And if I had to say a big miss right now of this of this entire panel that landed with a big thud and a fart and the wind was that title that subtitle I the First Steps. I said, well, I'm okay with them. I totally get why they needed to do a subtitle when this would be the fourth movie of third or fourth movie with that, you know, the Fantastic Four. You just want to get tired of put the years by it. So I'm okay with a subtitle. And I'm sure the first steps, meaning in the sense of like the first steps of what they're doing and things like that, it's gonna be some it's gonna make sense. But I would list I would have been totally I think there are better subtitles, and this, in my opinion, would have been the First Family, you know, or something along the lines of that, or even Fantastic or Flame On or you know, so something along the law, something along the line. But I would have been fine with the First Family. So but uh, kind of what you uh? What did would you kind of see? I know, I think this is the one that a lot of us saw people leaking the footage out, So I think, you know, Travis has seen that, I've seen it. You know, we got our first look at Galactus h very quickly. I am more shocked knowing that they started getting together, Like, well, was it like Tuesday, Monday or Tuesday before SDCC that they started. I think it was the previous weekend. Actually they were starting uh filming and they got to London even though we were told they weren't going to start principal photography until the Monday or Tuesday after SDC, So they were doing something and they assembled something like that. That shows me that they've known exactly what they were getting ready to do and that this is more put together than people think.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're definitely pre vid stuff done to this and already ideas of what they want to do, like they had the story locked in live before they decided to do this.
Speaker 4: So I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Christ if I had definitely done a lot of legwork before starting this, how about you care.
Speaker 1: Based on what you saw on the floor.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I was really impressed by what they showed as far as the footage goes, because I didn't expect anything. I expected some images of concept art, like I think.
Speaker 1: And the cast. We got the cast.
Speaker 5: We got the cast coming out, which I was like, that's all I anticipated with what they would do is just bring the cast out and have them talk about their roles a little bit and say yeah, we're excited to start filming, and then kind of that be that. But the fact that they had a test real which really did it felt like a legit teaser to me. Yeah, it had the I'm surprising. I didn't know I'd gotten leaked.
Speaker 1: There were definitely a number of people either taking screenshots and I definitely said it was like three or four different angles of the full thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I got on TikTok and it was there. The full trailer was on there, like okay, like my second thing.
Speaker 4: I scrolled it was like.
Speaker 1: You played by the rules care We appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but hey, I say, you know what, you want to put out a lesser, lesser quality version of it. I got to see it on a big screen with amazing sounds, so.
Speaker 3: I with the descriptions for all three trailers, so it didn't matter as much, but I'm like, okay, what is.
Speaker 5: This it was really having. What was really cool I thought was like it had that nineteen sixties TV grain, Like if you're watching a television set you know back in the back in that time, you know, it would have that kind of grainy look and feel to it just because that's that's how those TVs worked or whatever. So it was kind of neat that I was filmed in that fashion. Uh, you know, you got read Richard's teaching a classroom, of teaching physics in the classroom to some degree, you're showing them and you didn't see them in there. I don't remember the showing them in their Fantastic Four costumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I think, yeah, they they've definitely kept that. I don't think they're ready to show that. I think that's going to be probably our first official either that's gonna leak out of set footage or that they're going to keep that interrapted until the first real teaser.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean seeing them they get getting into the space suits to go off onto the launch, launching in a space that they're going to do, seeing the general dynamics between the various members, and especially seeing Read talk about you know, Ben Grimm and saying Ben Grimm's like, you know, the best pilot he's ever known. I think that was part of the footage there. And yeah, just the very just the tone of it was was cool, and I was like, I was just so impressed. I'm like because it was a good two to three minute long reel that they showed us, so kind of what you just mentioned, like the fact that they filmed what just seems like almost like this is like the test footage of them, you know, of the characters interactor or maybe them or maybe this is like, hey, we are going to do some kind of pre production filming that's not going to be part of the movie, but we're filming it specifically for Comic Con and then incorporating some of the other like the tag. Like the last shot of that footage is probably what you has been seen and talked about, is like just like this, like the upper half of Galactus's face like lower himself down and peering into like the window of a building of some kind. And when that shot happened and everyone was like.
Speaker 1: You, I mean, hey, we don't get a fart cloud anymore. So the fact that we see but I mean, the voice of who Galactus is gonna be? Man, I'm sorry, I loved it in The Green Night Man. He is going he is a perfect casting for the voice of Galactus.
Speaker 5: I agree. Yeah, Oh sorry, go ahead, no, go ahead, No, I was just gonna say just the I was kind of like shoot the footage they shows, I want that to be in the movie. I hope at the very least they included as a special feature, uh, you know for Disney Plus or Blu Ray, you know, feature it or something like that. So but I mean, I think you're I think you're spot on that. Like they've known, they've had this cast for a long time. They've known, and they've behind the scenes secretly without you know, been able to cobble together this you know, bit of filming and test footage and kind of maybe this is what they were putting together or maybe this was a Matt Scheckman trying to put together something to say, this is the vibe and the tone and the field what we're going for with this movie. Even if this isn't the actual this isn't what we're actually gonna start filming, you know now.
Speaker 1: So so do you think the whole movie Travis from foot Media saying, do you think the whole movie will be in four to three and have that retro grain or do you think this was just kind of an aesthetic choice just for they may put this in trailers, but that's not how the movie is actually going to be I'd.
Speaker 3: Put my body as they put They're just gonna put it in trailer. It's gonna be power of the marketing. The whole power of the marketing is gonna be this sixty vibes.
Speaker 5: I could I could see it maybe like in the first few minutes of the movie, kind of in the same way that like the this in the Iron Man two, you had the Stark Expo with you know, footage of Howard Stark talking about the Stark Expo when he first you know, set it up and whatnot. So I could see them doing that kind of thing to kind of sort of help bring you in the world, because it does have that nineteen sixties retro fuel, like the way that people in the you know sixties imagined what the future would be like, like when you go to Disneyland or Disney World and you go to tomorrow Land and the ascetic of what the future kind of looked like when the park was originally built, or the Jetsons. You know, it's got it's got that feel, it's got that aesthetic to it, that new the New York skyline that they're going for and the nature of technology. So it's the kind of thing that you know Howard Stark wish could have in the in the you know, in the six one six MCU Howard Stark wish could have happened in the next ten twenty years but didn't actually pan out that way, but it did on this earth. So yeah, I just I think the foot As really captures that unique thing, and I hope, I imagine they'll probably be something in the beginning of the movie that kind of shows that to just try to really and that'll be their way to really tell the audience that, like, this is part of the multiverse. This is not the same as where phases one through three or phrase four even took place. This is a completely new world and get ready to go along for this really wonderful ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very curious in the sense of seeing I got excited for the movie. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, but I am not a Fantastic Four uber fan. It's definitely one of those that you'll probably you don't see my collection just because I read them. I like them, but it's not one that's saying, oh, I love the Fantastic Four. I read them enough to know a lot about them, but it's not a part of my best favorite parts of Marvel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my exposure is mostly just like the nineties animated series that ran for a brief period alongside the Iron Man series.
Speaker 3: They did a really good animated series I want to say between two in twenty ten that was I think it was just one season, might be two.
Speaker 4: That was really good.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of good polls there and took it quite serious.
Speaker 5: It was nice. And I'm sure you guys have talked about this to some of or another, like, I mean, you know, I like the first two you know, Fantastic four movies at Fox with you know, Jessica Alba and and Vic Mackie from The Shield, Michael Chickliss. You know, I like those movies well enough.
Speaker 1: It served the time, It's movies of its time, of the of the nineties and there.
Speaker 5: But they were inherently kind of cheesy too also, and I don't I don't think you needed to be. And so I really kind of I'm looking forward to the level of sincerity that that Marvels always had with their projects that they're going to bring to it while still you know, being in this retro sixties timeline and and you know, being that first family and that's the thing that cast very much mentioned. They talked a lot about this is a family. This is that makes them a really unique dynamic as opposed to like any other teams that have been put together.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think the big thing that we've I've said, and I'm not the only one who's said this, I can't essarily a claim to it, is that we've had We've had a great Fantastic four movie. It's called The Incredibles. And even even Michael Giacchino Giachino even brown up that point because he's the composer for it, and he says, I really have to find a way to differentiate, which I know he's an amazing composer and director within his own right that he's going to find a way. But I can understand, like he's the one who did that and that music and that one. He was there composer, so he kind of put forth that effort, so now he has to differentiate that and make it its own unique thing. And we did kind of get that hint for you, uh with kind of the music that was hat for the Drone Show, So we do see that. But William and the Chad saying I have more of an event event feeld for Fantastic Four that just began shooting. Then I do Superman, which is just wrapped so up.
Speaker 4: You can't put a you can't do a panel.
Speaker 3: It's just not possible for people to in the middle of shooting to take a day off and come and do a panel and show even just a clip of Superman flying.
Speaker 4: It's just too much. It is too much, just too much, William.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're You're not wrong. You're not wrong William at all.
Speaker 3: You're definitely marketing one O one William, but common sense one on one.
Speaker 4: Why would you know?
Speaker 1: We've heard enough of William. He is our marketer in the house on the vodka stream at that point. He he, He's got everyone's number when it comes to how you appropriately do this stuff. So I trust William and I agree with him on this point.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and you know, it's not like it's not like you didn't do it for another for It's not like that didn't happen for another Cosmic group back in twenty thirteen for all Age. Anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's get to the final the final part.
Speaker 5: Before that, though, I have to talk about how as they were wrapping up and they said, Okay, these guys, you guys got to get back to London and go start filming, and and they brought in the Fantastic car. Yeah, and it is actually like hovering inside of Hall h you know, I couldn't see the wires necessarily, but like, yeah, comes in from the side and then kind of hovers over over the stage and whatnot. So just the fact that that's how they decided to cap the Fantastic four panels, like by having like a hover car actually floating above the audience there in hally Ah just was it was. It was wonderful, It was it was magic.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, I just threw up in my mouth. With the Incredibles, You're welcome. William absolutely like he's gonna he's gonna crush it.
Speaker 5: He is, and I really do think it. And also like just the pairing of Matt Shackman with what he did with one division, him directing the the FF this cast they have and Giacchino, like just all the elements of like this just is going to come together to be something I think really really.
Speaker 1: Special, That's what I'm saying. Imagine they had Herbie come out there and escort the cast out stage, kind of like RTG two in the Hall. Yeah, I mean we're all waiting to see exactly who is going to be the voice of Herbie.
Speaker 4: So we've got they couldn't put him.
Speaker 3: They couldn't put Johnny in one of the animated series back in the day because he would flame on, so they put the roboty in. Yeah, as as the fourth person.
Speaker 1: That was a good way to end it. That that what really was. And so we we end with the big announcement at that point that had leaked earlier in the week that the Russo's are coming back to Marvel. Uh Ifigy brings him on stage, and they are not only just going to be direct there directing both Avengers movie kind of how they did before. We get the new title for Avengers five no longer the King Dynasty, it is now called Doomsday, and then Avenger Secret Wars is still Avenger Secret Wars, but with Doomsday would get this green light going all over at that point, and they made the statement like, you know, it's one of Marvel's most illustrious and most celebrated characters ever. And I think when it said that the hall was turning green, I hadn't seen the title yet, so I said, the halls turning green? Are we talked about the Hulk? You know, it's a celebrated character. I don't know if we've heard rumors of World War Hulk. I hadn't seen the title yet. A Doomsday. Oh, they're talked about Doom and then they bring all these do I mean, what was it like to seeing, you know, after the Risks come on, Like you see all these basically doom bots or doom like bots at that point come on stage. Did you think you were going to get the like a reveal of who Doom was going to be?
Speaker 5: Well, this just shows you that they how well they know how to put on a show. They set all the pieces of this up perfectly. So we're already on a high from the previous three movies right that they announced and talked about in the cast being out. And then they have the kind of a clip reel of the four Russo brothers MCU movies, uh to say, yeah, the Russo's are back. The Russo's come out on stage, and then they talk about how they really did think that after Avengers End Game that they were done, that they were they were emotionally and even as a fan, as just as fans, they were tapped out. They put all, they put everything they had into Avengers Intrenia or an Avengers endgame, and I think the proof is in the pudding on the screen. So they did say we genuinely were done, and then the time went by, they did some other creative things and it's just and then the opportunity of the conversation circle back to them and they said that we've been masked. Lifelong Marvel Comics fan, and Secret Wars was our I think they've said a multiple times like the Secret Wars was one of their favorite series, or maybe the series that got them introduced to the world of Marvel characters and comics. So so they talked. So they said the emphasize initially, yes, we're coming, We're directing Marvel's Secret Wars. And they said, but there's a thing we have before we can tell that story. There's a completely other story that we have to tell with one of these more or leustrious characters. And then the lights kind of go down, you get the green shimmering light, and then you get that kind of what felt like choral music being being played in the those multiple doctor Dooms and costume walking out on stage, and and then the Avengers Doomsday logo showing up. The crowd goes nuts. Everyone was going like, oh my gosh, yeah, going crazy for it, shouting, cheering, and then and then they, you know, the lights go back on to Joe and Anthony Russo and Kevin Figi, and you know, they and they say, you know, they talk about the fact that they're in a multiverse and Victor von Doom is such an important character within the multiverse that and they did say, they did say Victor von Doom, they didn't call him Doctor Doom yep. And uh. And then they said, and so because of that, we need the greatest, most talented, you know, the most important actor, the greatest actor of our generation. Uh, there's only one person who could play this character. And then, you know, for then one of the Dunes receipts to walk forward, pulls off the mask and it's Robert Downey Jr. And once, as as expected, the crowd just goes insane with excitement and cheers and applause and standing ovations.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I love his line. New mask, same task at that point, And there's something to that thing. That says same task there. There is something to that as well. Travis, what was your kind of first reaction. You know, I've already said my my reactions on Live when it happened, I audibly, uh, definitely dropped a little bit of profanity at that point, because at the moment I was like, I don't I can't believe if that's happening.
Speaker 4: You just echoed my thoughts.
Speaker 3: Chris, I was like, oh my god, I had no idea. I'm coming back to one question for Carrie. Was this possibly one of the lightest reactions you've ever experienced at Holly h Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it is very much up there. There's probably only you know, there's only in my years of going there's probably a couple of times where you can, you know, I wish I had a decibel meter or some kind it gives like, oh, we've got higher decibels on this one than this one. But no, like that one probably ranks up there with I know for me, the Batman v. Superman footage, or like the year one of the years I wasn't there when Zack Snyder announced Batman v. Superman with you know, Harry Lennox reading a portion from the dark Air term the logo reveal, the way the crowd was going, ut, it was probably kind of on that level, to be honest, I can't remember the excite the crowd cheering that loudly in twenty nineteen when they did the whole Phase fours slate reveal, But everyone came out of that room just like I cannot believe what we're getting now posting game and the roadmap that's been laid out for us was just so exciting.
Speaker 1: So uh, Flips, asking, did you notice anyone kind of visibly disappointed by the reveal?
Speaker 5: Not around me and certainly not that I can discern it in the room. I saw reactions online for sure. I saw I won't name drop, but like another podcaster who you probably have we've you know, listened to at various points and focus on Marvel stuff, I'm still waiting for us to hear some of his more specific thoughts on that on that reveal, But when he was giving his live reaction on one of his podcast episodes, he was very much just like, I really don't know how I feel about this, So so yeah, I'm still waiting to hear what his Now that's marinate a little bit more just give me my general thoughts on it. Yeah, this is one of those situations where you know, I've always thought doctor Dum was cool.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know him super well as the care had the action figure from when I was a kid, you know, wou'd seeing pop up on cartoons and things like that here and there, you know, when he would show up in comics and whatnot. I've never had in my mind who my perfect fan casting is for him. I've just never known specifically who would best capture the the the attitude and persona of doctor Doom perfectly. So in that so in that sense, Robert Downey Junior doesn't break that, but it makes me feel like, well, you know, Robert Downey Junior playing Tony Stark was was vain, was egotistical, was a narcissistic, was wanting to be in control. Uh, And so I don't think he's gonna be like a full on variant of Tony Stark. But I think it's gonna be a situation of Victor Bond. Doom just happens from whatever university comes from, happens to look like Tony Stark in the six Month Sixth World. So that's my suspicion of how they're going to play it. This ultimately comes down to, like, you know what, it's I trust the Russo's, I trust Kevin Figee whoever they're going to I'm not sure if they've announced the writing team behind Doomsday or who's going to.
Speaker 1: Touch m is now going to be the writer of both. At that point, Waldron has now been has stepped aside, and you.
Speaker 5: Know, mcpheeley has obviously worked closely with Russo brothers from multiple times over to a great success. So which the other guy which uh uh Marcus was there with it too, but who knows the reasons why. I will say, though I don't know how much you and guys have talked about this, I really as much as I'm open and excited for doctor Jum and the role he's going to play and whatever they're mapping out, I am kind of disappointed isn't the right word, but I'm kind of like hoping they don't just literally right off Kang with a few lines of dialogue, because that's.
Speaker 4: How he went.
Speaker 1: He went home to his planet like with Pouci.
Speaker 5: See that kind of.
Speaker 4: That's one PC the rock and Dog.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, well, the other example, Men in Black two and how they how they wrote out uh, Linda Fioring. I mean the movie wasn't good in general, but like you had a cool character with Linda Fiorantino's character as as you know Elle, you know, and I liked her a lot from the first Man in Black movie and they set up to be an am I be agent? And then uh uh why where? Why is she not in the sequel? Oh she just couldn't hack it, so I know, you know, I had to neuralize her. Like one line of dialogue explains a way why a character is not there when you know all the reasons for the characters to be there are still in existence. So yeah, for me personally, the the end of Loki season two with a line of dialogue is like, oh, we're starting to wrap up all the kings now is not going to be satisfying for me. So I need to see something visually, even if it's only like in the first thirty minutes of Avengers Doomsday, Like if they wrap it up quick, I mean I just say recast and just for the for a hot minute, I mean, whether you kill off kings or you dispel like the various members of the Council of Kings, like I don't like I've never been against the recap. I think the recast said action has always been the better option. I just want them to I just want to see it visually results from somehow or maybe just say put Kang on the back burner. Maybe we'll circle back to or like Immortisse, circle back to them at a later point when they figure out a better story to utilize them in. So but I just I hope it's not just like, oh this this guy's no longer or these multiple Kangs are no longer a threat because we're just bringing doctor. I hope it's not literally like hand wavy maybe three lines of dialogue that writes them out out, because that would frustrate me. That would disappoint me, because I just feel like that creates that to me, that just if you're looking at from the trajector of how it all fits in the narrative, it's it's a pretty strong break for me.
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Travis?
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be asked with you, Chris, I've two minds.
Speaker 3: Like I was excited to hear about our DJ being coming back to the MCU, but also I wouldn't hate to have a completely different Doctor Doom that is in the MCU for several phases and comes up like Doctor Doom is fantastic. He drops into some like animated series and comic books that just completely overpowers anyone. He I love the character, and again, I don't know if I want him to be done after Secret Wars, like I would like him to be a fixture in the MCU going forward, and I feel like this is just a couple of movies and I'm out again down E Like a couple appearances, obviously in post credit sing but a couple full actual movies and I'm out again. So I'm hoping that's not a case, or they do bring in a different version of Doctor Doom with the Fantastic Four after this. But now everything I'm hearing is that he's going to be a variant from that film, So I don't know. I hope that they had their own Doctor Doom to deal with, not just Matt.
Speaker 1: Matt Jackman has said that he he is not commenting on Doom being involved in any way, shape or form at that point, which is basically code in our world, is like yeah, you basically just confirmed it with your non committal answer at that point. You know, Mar Daniels in the chat saying I agree with the sentiment that this Doom casting feels desperate. Thwip saying I've always wanted Henry Cavill's Doom. I've even had a mock oppos as him and the role. William saying no one around him seemed disappointed. Thwip saying you could open Doomsday the same way with Infinity War op and Thanos killing the ass Guardians. Now it can be Doom annihilating the Kings and the I'll see him. Yep, I've seen that, also saying Doom should always be the villain that keeps being a pain in the pain in the ass for the heroes, just like the comics, you can't get rid of them. Yeah, he's like a cockroach, you know the game.
Speaker 5: It could just be like, you know, one version of Doom that Robert Downey Junior is playing, and then depending on how like my theory of Secret Wars has been that you know, they'll they won't get rid of all the pieces of the multiverse, but they'll definitely consolidate to some degree, like there still will be a sacred timeline. But then maybe like maybe they'll just be a fewer there won't not there won't be as many branches. There'll be just like a few tangential branches to the timeline so that you can still play with multiverse when you want to. But then after that point, then you know, it's new X Men cast, you know, maybe a new Victor von Doom casting post Secret Wars. And that's been my theory for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's kind of to you know, again this there is a possibility that we're going to have an Avengers that will never face King. I don't like thinking like that because Kang next to Doom is one of their I know, Dooms is a fantastic war villain, but when it comes down to Doom and King can be both to be fantastic for villains in a way, but also when it comes down to their Avengers levels threats.
Speaker 5: Well you got to think too that, like they want to do more than just this one fantastic for a movie with this cast, you know, so even though this is this specific, you know, fantastic four four steps is leading to Secret Wars. Fig did say that the fantastic forecast will be part of Doomsday and Secret Wars. He did say that, so that there will they will continue to be part of those. But like you got to imagine they want to keep, you know, do another two maybe three movies with that cast post Secret Wars. Even so, if you know, they probably want to keep you know, Pedro, Pascal, and Vanessa.
Speaker 3: They're getting the trilogy experience, Yeah.
Speaker 5: For sure. So you know, in that regard, you know, there's no re and to not continue with either Victor von dumer Kang in some capacity, like you can keep telling stories of those characters, and you know by that point, you know, by this point even you know, the audience is well aware of different actors playing different roles of different versions of characters. So you know, I think we're gonna be well set up for if the recasting happens, or we're just enjoying Robert Downey Junior for this moment too. I mean, yeah, so maybe there is a bit of desperation through it. I'm not gonna rule that out, but like, I don't think it's gonna not work for him, and I you know, probably Doney Junior is a really talented actor.
Speaker 4: So you can.
Speaker 5: Create a oh yeah, completely different persona for Victor Bomb Doom than what we've seen with Tony Starks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all in the game saying the question of what happened with Marcus not coming back? I don't know, you know, again, it's maybe one of those that he may be already involved in something else and just saying why would you turn down another opportunity? I don't know. I'm sure whenever they he decides to want to go on record about why not this time? At this point, I right now, I have no linklings of any thing sinister or falling out at that point. Maybe it's just comes down to simple thing like scheduling and money can't buy everything.
Speaker 5: All four of them are producers at AGUI, So maybe there's a specific project he's.
Speaker 1: Tied up with that he finds more passionate about than ringing the bell of the Avengers again.
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, Chris, maybe you just like the demands that come with running those two.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're just like, I don't want to handle that anymore. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the games talking about also, like an Avengers team, what would people expect when Avengers team that's just quickly thrown together in a relatively short space of time. What are they possibly going to do? Yeah, that's another thing to think about too. You know, I'm one of these people that I'm an RDJ fan. He's definitely one of my favorite actors. He's proven himself. He got that Oscar he's wanted to so, Yeah, when he when he made that statement about after he won the Oscar about thinking about coming back and doing it, that's when he started saying, yeah, sure, I can think about it. But before that, absolutely not. He had been done his town time. He got. He got the thing he wanted in the sense of, Okay, I am not strictly defined by this character. I'm better than I can show. I'm a better actor this I know, got the proof I'm a better actor than just that. But he him, I knew it was definitely wasn't on my Bengo card for this. But in my opinion, I'm a wait and see kind of person. I'm not this. This necessarily wasn't who I thought was gonna be doom. But I like the same thing I say with Ethider. I'm willing to give it a chance and a sense of let me see the story first before giving full things. I understand people's disappointment. I understand people's reservations. I understand when people say, oh, this is a safe move, this is a move of you know, desperation. But I'm also saying like, this is also a big risk for Marvel to do this at this point, that that is a big risk to pivot not only bringing back ARDJ, but RDJ in a different role that people were like, oh, we're not gonna there. There was no one else to play this role. Whatever they're doing to bring back our DJ, you can call it desperate, you can call it a big risk. At this point. There is a storage driven element with this, and I want to kind of put forth this is this is the theory I've been kind of work, kind of seeing different people say certain things. But also this is things I've been thinking about in last week. So going back to endgame, Tony figured out time travel in a night, okay, And remember in his final message to Morgan and Pepper was like, this time travel thing has got me scratching my head about survivability.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Right before this, he explains that you know, he's making this video in case his untimely death, But right after that he says that death at any point is untimely. So if he was able to understand that time travel and understand quantum physics about quantum jumping enough and understand how time works, he wouldn't. He wouldn't have understood it in the way that Loki understands it because he's not been in the TVA. He wouldn't understand it in the way doctor Strange does looking at it from the timestone. He understand in a scientific way. He understood that time worked and how the branches worked and how it needed to be ordered and able to jump through. That's that's how me he made time tabled possible. Not on a scientific side. And I say scientific, this is com book science. Yes, I understand the whole thing, but stay with me here. He would have understood that there were other versions of people in other dimensions, in other universes. Tony never would have agreed to this mission or gone into this without knowing that he could get back to Pepper and Morgan, because that was his biggest thing. He is not risking his family doing this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: A lot of people say that doctor Doom will be a very to Tony could be. That's not how they introduced him, but it still could be so going off that theory, what if Tony found a way to attach himself to another dimension, another universe, another reality as a fail safe in hopes of getting back. You know, this leads me to the next thought. That really far ahead, doctor Strange looking to the possible outcomes of the future.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: What else did he see? We know he at least looked ahead five years and knew what if they all got dusted away, that five years later the rest of the Avengers would come back and find a way to bring them back and would be able to end that part of the war. I think Strange saw him far more than he ever thought he would have seen at that point, and I think that he he is that is something that is very big to explore, which is why I think that, you know, I'm that's that's how I'm thinking. This is kind of might go down. It's an idea to theory whether we see but I think Strange knows more about what the future lies ahead than anything than just five years.
Speaker 5: Did either of you guys read the twenty ninety nine line of comics when those were coming out in the early nineties, and one of the books was Doom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that Doom. I'm a bit Oh, yes, that Doom is scary.
Speaker 5: It's been a while since I've looked at that book, you know, because they're packed away somewhere. But I sort of remember the way that first issue opens, Doctor Doom somehow time travels into the future, finds himself in twenty ninety nine. But then over the course of course of this first couple issues, they reveal that that person is not actually Victor von Doom. It's like someone else who has the memories of Victor van Doom, or like the or his body has been made to be younger because he doesn't have the facial scars and things like that. So there could be some element of it where a variant of Tony Stark who has landed somewhere and lost his memory of who he is and thinks he's this hole and he lands up in Laveria and he has no memory of who he is, but he's this brilliant engineer, and maybe he's in the middle of lands, in the middle of a place where and there's I'm just I'm clearly spitballing and shooting from you know, some kind of civil war happening in Latvia, and he ends up being someone who fringes out a way to resolve it or solve it or stop it, or help one side win over the other. And as a result of that, because he plays such a pivotal role because of his intelligence, causes him to become like they're de fact a leader. Hen becomes the ruler of Latvia, and he just sort of continues in that identity forgetting who he was actually was as a variant of Tony Stark. Again pure yeah, crazy speculation.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be it's gonna be one of those where we're gonna have a lot of theories. They're gonna start filming within the next year, and we're gonna start building towards this. I think my fascination comes is as our only look at Doom going to be in fantastic for are we going to start laying the foundations of Doom at some points because I had put forth a theory and I wasn't the only one that I think Doom at one point may or may not have been in Wakonda for that discussion. I still think was had and was going to be operating behind the scenes, but that might have got changed last minute. But yeah, you know, The Tatiana Seagull put out another lovely hit piece and variety in the sense of putting out the idea of the supposed payday for downy is going to be, you know, supposedly Marvel's plucking down eighty million dollars for the Russo brothers to come back, and RDYJ is going to get paid way more, including supposedly what is it like a a RV village and things like that. You know what, at this point, pay days are pay days. Unfortunately. Fortunately it's one of those things that with everyone else that works so hard on these movies at that point, to get a payday like that, it's somewhat after all the strikes saying, eh, it just doesn't feel good seeing like that. But this is what they wanted to do, and ardy J is not necessarily wrong saying you want me back, I want this payday, I want this at the other and I want the Russos back in order for me to do it. And guess what Marvel did It called inspiration. But they had a story that they think they could do and they got them back, and we're just gonna have to see exactly what is it going to be worth it?
Speaker 5: And it'll be interesting, what you know, what came first? Like was it the Russo's or was Robert Donney Junior coming back first? Like which happened?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that will be a fun discussion.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think my assumption has been once once they submit to the Russos as directing the two movies, then they're like, well we got to bring back Robert somehow, Well how are we gonna do it? What do you want to do? And then like they can like, oh, Robert, you want to come back? I don't know the Russos are going to direct? Oh sure, I'm in You know, it could have been that simple.
Speaker 3: I got a feeling that those two, those three worked in concert a little bit here to get the steal signed, because I'm pretty sure they came out town and he said he wasn't gonna do it with anybody else other than.
Speaker 1: The Russos, so accordinated Tatiana f Chiez to be to believed.
Speaker 3: Oh well, okay, in mind, if that's the source, then forget what I just said. That's a very suspict source to begin with.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to say the source of the article piece, Well, she's I call her the she she is kind of very big on hit pieces on both sides of the aisle. So in my in my humble opinion, well and.
Speaker 5: Also as far as the Russos go, I remember were listening to another podcast where the hosts were talking about if if the Russos are coming back, like this is this is just going back to the well this is you know, it's too you know, this is a movie of desperation that kind of.
Speaker 1: Six point six billion dollars made for Marvel with the Russos alone. Look, I'm just gonna say that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know if you guys read the Reign of the MCU book that Joanna Robinson and then a couple of the writers put out, part I'm.
Speaker 1: Part of the way. Yeah, I've not all the way through it, but yeah, I've read a lot.
Speaker 5: She really does emphasize how like the Marvel really did find like the best collaborators, like what the most ideal kind of director that they were looking for with they found in the Russos that the kind of director does like super collaborat with them, and we'll talk to the other directors and writers that are, you know, all in the studio. So in order to put the best thing together. So it makes if they've It's not like Marvel hasn't tried to work with a variety of other directors. It's not like they didn't try to find different directors for Avengers five and Secret Wars. They have tried to find other people, just for one reason or another, it didn't work out. And you know, hey, then you go back to the people who you know you can count on, who are clearly I would be very excited to continue going to like they they got to have a creative outlet with things like The Gray Man and Cherry and I really liked The Gray Man. So but the what's that?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you did so.
Speaker 5: I thought it was. I liked it.
Speaker 1: It was okay, it was it was okay. You know, it's one of those I don't think they found their their footing yet to find that that same thing they found at Marvel. But I do appreciate their sticking to their guns and doing their creativeness at that point. But but but yeah, so uh great. I appreciate you know, you giving your your voice to giving us our boots on the ground to tell us exactly your experiences. We're gonna head into some news. Are you're gonna stick around or are you gonna.
Speaker 5: For a few more minutes? And then I think I gotta duck out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're gonna take our next ad break before we get into the news that point, we're kind of gonna hit these news pieces pretty quick because fig gave a lot of interviews and there's not too much meat to chew on it, but just kind of get some quick reactions. So all right, listeners, as you know, these ads help keep the lights on the geek Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud. Give it that three account before they come on three two one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right. So fig gave a lot of interviews last week leading up to Dead Bloem, Wolverine, drop some Tea, So we're gonna start. We're gonna do these kind of quick hits at that point, leading off with Nova. So Figy talking to Brendan Davis Comic book dot Com and I talked about asking about, you know, is Nova happening. Fig said, it's happening. It's coming together. Richard Ryder is our Nova. He said, you know, is it going to be a movie or show? Brenda David heads he said, Fig says a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As for the project is slated to actually hit the small screen, there's still some time on that one. We're looking at three to four years out. So Nova definitely does not sound like a project within the Multiverse saga. This sounds like one of the first projects outside the Multiverse saga. And it's interesting that this is it right now, a Disney Plus show. So quick reactions, Travis go First.
Speaker 4: I watched the video of this interview.
Speaker 3: There's no way he's telling the information to anyone else other than Brandon Davis because he loves the Nova character, and I'm pretty sure he kind of dropped the hint that he'll, like maybe do a little stupid cameo.
Speaker 4: Of just a regular guy or something.
Speaker 3: Yep, So yeah, I think so yeah, that's I mean for this, this another thing down to pipe. They have so much in back characters that we haven't even seen yet, So this is another one of those.
Speaker 1: What do you think Harry down for Nova as a show instead of a movie.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it wouldn't matter to me that much either way. I really am not familiar with the character of Nova. I just am more excited about the idea that, you know, circling back to those pieces of like the Nova core that were introduced in the in the First Guardians they got actually movie kind of circling back to that side of the cosmic world of the MCUs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, we don't even know what their status is because all we know is Danis wiped them out during Infinity Wars that we have not seen a re establishment, and you know, you look at the annihilation saga from the comics that wiped out the novacre and Richard Ryder was the last of the Nova at that point, So we'll have to see exactly. But yeah, me personally, I do like the Richard Ryder version of it. It's you know, one of those where it's gonna be interesting to see when you say it's gonna be a show. Budget's always my interesting thing, and this is a cosmic hero, so I'm expecting big, big space opera things like that kind of you know, so that that means budgets may be going up, so that's not necessarily you know, to do this, right, I think you can do it, but I think it surprised me saying this is gonna be a show, but we'll just have to see next up. Spider Man four and mcu x men updates. So Figi was talking to Gizmoto talk about an update on on Spider Man four, saying, our favorite Spider Man for Sony producer Travis Amy, Pascal and I are working on it. Figi said about the next Spider Man film, we have writers who are going to deliver us a draft relatively soon, so that's positive. Talk about the next director for it, and in the sense of you know John Watts, and he says John, We love John. We did three movie, one of the best best Spider Man movies he'd ever done with He's got lots of things going on now, so we'll probably be looking for someone else just because he's busy. Yes, he is doing He's just getting ready to have a movie with George Clooney and Brad Pitt coming out. Just saw the trailer for that about a few months ago. He's also directing a few episodes of The Skeleton Crew, so he's relatively busy at that point. And what do y'all think, you know, small update on the writing going to be turning a script soon you know, are you good with John Watts kind of saying you've done your time for King and Country, Let's find someone else to lead the next trilogy. How y'all feeling about that?
Speaker 3: Completely fine with that, as long as you give me at least two to three Amy Pascal and Kevin Foggy interviews together where they don't know what's going to be said going in, because Foggy's reactions when Amy starts talking about things that they're going to do in the future is priceless.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I want more of that.
Speaker 5: I know about you carry, Yeah, I mean Spider Man noelm was a heck of a high note to go out on. So I think for John Watts, you know, perfectly fine with him moving and venturing onto other things. And you know, I'm excited for I'm hoping that, you know, whether it's both not only Spider Man for but hopefully more movies with Tom Holland I just want to see the college years Peter Parker in the MCU and see that play out. And I mean, there's any number of great directors who could give us something special with that and just keep the torch going.
Speaker 3: Sit up so perfectly at the end of no way home here. You want to see the college years as well, where he's.
Speaker 1: All long, Yeah, it's going to be good, And I'm good with John Watson finding someone else at that point. We've seen what he can do. Let's bring in a new person with a new vision at that point. But when we're talking about X Men, they they made this, you know, Asking fi Gey kind of indirectly about it, he said, well, that's a mutants are. That's a phrase we use often at Mark Marvel, which is it's and it's an embarrassment of riches. Figi said. When it comes to the X Men, and there are a lot of great X Men characters and Deadpool and Wolverine film, there are a lot of great X Men characters in all of the Fox versions of the X Men, and there are a lot of great X Men characters that have never gone on to the big screens. So I think we will always try to do as we do when we made the arrangement with Sony for Spider Man, you'll probably see a mix of characters you've seen before and some you've never seen ever. On that point, I think the success of X Men nighty seven, it was really exciting for us to see people revisit and reconnect with that world. And dare I say the soap opera elements of that world, which is of the things that's so exciting jumping into finally bringing them to the MCU. So that's that's positive in that sense for both of those. You know, we've already seen the comments of the Mutant erat. We know Figy's saying Deadpool Wolverene starts the mutant era of X Men. But I don't think we're going to everyone get to say, oh, we're gonna get more Avengers versus x Men in this now, We're not. That's not coming until after this multiverse sagas over. We need to first get an Avengers team stab which before we start having them fighting an X Men that doesn't exist in the MCU. So but a couple of ones, anyone surprised Figy's saying there are no plans for Eternals to anyone show of hands. Nope, good, all right? So uh we Hey, we get our first revisiting of a lot, and.
Speaker 5: Thankful for that, you know, and Kevin likes to resurrect things that didn't work as well. Maybe Eternals would have been better as a Disney Plus series.
Speaker 1: Yep, I mean I didn't hate on Eternals as much at that point. I think that movie, that movie is going to be more sense of what like to your point, Travis, what was done as a result. Brave New World is the first, you know, revisiting of it. I think we're going to more see how effective it was, if any of the characters do come back in any shape form, or the rest of these phases. So and last, it looked at the Figy News who bought Avengers Tower? This is another one coming from Brandon Davis who has been harping on this trying to see exactly when are we going to find out since Homecoming who bought Avengers Tower? And he asked them a couple of things he asked to fig he said. Speaking with comicbook dot Com ahead of the release of Deadpool Wolverine, Figi was asked if the answer to Avengers Tower question was the same as it has been previously and when we might finally get that information, and Figi confirmed he knows who bought it and it's the same answer as previously. Yes, we'll find out soon, he said, yes. Fig He said yes, and yes, So the same person they had in mind that bought it is still the plan. Who bought it? We will find out, and we will find out soon. Doesn't say at that point, but we will find out soon. So my guess is probably sometime next year.
Speaker 4: I think you could be right about that, Chris.
Speaker 3: The way I watched that interviewed away FIGI was, I do think we'll see it in the next year.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: So are you excited to see who?
Speaker 4: Finally?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be the What do you think, Harry? Is it going to be confirming fans theory of possibly a kingpin buying it? Or is it going to be someone else? Is it gonna meet our Are we building this up just to be let down? Did our speculation become our expectation? As my coast Brent has said many times, I mean it.
Speaker 5: Could be that for sure. I think, you know, the kingpin buying it makes the most sense and would be sort of a way of Hey, we couldn't really say who it was until they got to a certain point with the Daredevil frights and franchise and things like that, and getting it all under there the Marvel Studios roof and not just under Marvel Entertainment so I imagine.
Speaker 4: There's I was going to just say that, Julio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Julio saying val body. You can't again, Julio, you can't even say her name. You can't even you could barely think it, you know.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited for that mystery to be revealed, but I don't think it's going to be a massive, massive plot point. I think it'll be just like, and then this person bought Stark Tower, bought the Avengers Tower. Then we'll just cover the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Our last story of the evening is looking at the historic box office of Deadpool and Wolverine. So much the surprise of No. One, it was number one at the box office. The first weekend made four hundred and forty four point one million dollars globally, including two hundred and eleven million domestically, exceeding the adjusted expectations that put it around one hundred and sixty one hundred and sixty five million. It blew that away. This makes dead Pool Woverine the highest grossing global opening for an R rated box in box office history, surpassing Deadpool in twenty sixteen. Domestically, it was the sixth highest grossing movie opening of all time, the highest July opening weekend of all time, surpassing twenty nineteen to The Lion King, the biggest opening since twenty twenty one Spider Man No Way Home, and the second largest opening for a third installment behind twenty Nineteens Avengers Endgame as of recordings of recording, these are the current numbers as it stands right now. Domestically, it has earned two hundred and eighty million dollars in change internationally three hundred and ten million for change for a grand total as of recording a five hundred and ninety million dollars global taken. It will not only exceed six hundred million, probably by the time of tomorrow morning, if not by into Friday night, but it is well on its way. People are saying we they will hit a billion sometime next week. So that is two billion dollar movies for Disney in one summer. Inside Out Too. Travis has given me this look they got Inside Out Too.
Speaker 4: That's not on my radar at the moment.
Speaker 5: I saw in Sign Out Too and liked it, but I had a brain fart moment too that fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So I don't think any of those numbers surprises. At that point, I think it's you know again, I stuck to my guns with my prediction. I did not see in getting a film, but I said, I will be very happily proved wrong, and I'll be very happy to get that one wrong that they did not. They're going to achieve a billion. It's it's great, it's great news. But t whip saying Craven's got a competition at the box of his Oh oh yes he does. Oh yes, all right, well I will since that you gave us a little more extra time care, I'm sensing this will you will be probably stepping out.
Speaker 5: I think I need to duck out at this point. Yeah, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: All right, well, well tell people that can follow Carrie, and again, we really appreciate you taking your time and giving us your your personal appressure. This was a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'm on Twitter x whatever, I'm on Instagram, but I have those things kind of set to prise it for for reasons. So I'll just say, if you want to find me, go ahead and reach out to Chris and then he can use it.
Speaker 1: I can say that you can you can follow him and he's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, exactly, so well.
Speaker 1: Good, well, we'll we again appreciate just stop them by, stay safe out there, and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: Absolutely thanks for having meks listening to the rest of the episode later.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thanks.
Speaker 5: I guess bye.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna take our last ad break before we get into Factor fiction and uh listener questions and kind of wrapping up our evening there. Travis, Yeah, what time is it there for you right now?
Speaker 4: Buddy? Twelve twenty four?
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, so we gotta wear at this up. Travis's gotta get to.
Speaker 4: Be Oh, I'm fine, I'm fine. I have worked off. I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's said, but we want to make sure you get that rest. So all right, listen, this is our final ad break for the evening. As you know, the drill ads get loud, you can turn the volume down. They help pay for this network, so we uh yeah, enjoy, enjoy the repeats of all the lovely ads that are in your region. So three two one, we'll be right back and we are back, all right, so let us you know, I Brent put out the spidy signal on Twitter, I put it out on threads, so we got one question this week coming from oh yeah, yeah, factor f yeah, factor fiction. So we got one. Yeah, we'll get the factor fiction. We get to that. Amara Daniels always consistent, always on there, one of our consistent contributors, asking, you know, wishing, Brent, you know, every hoping everything went well and goes well at that point and we wish we want him to come back, but him asking what Marvel character did you look up to as a child and why? So I'm gonna let you first take that there, Travis, Well.
Speaker 4: Chris is wearing him right there.
Speaker 3: It's the Spider Man, of course, and honestly it's twofold. He always did the right thing, and most of the time when he did the right thing is it was detrimental to his life.
Speaker 4: It made his life.
Speaker 3: Harder, it made it crappier, and it was just something that I didn't see a whole lot of growing up. In the other I was this is animation where I first experienced these characters. So in the other ones you didn't see as much how being a superhero affected their day to day lives. Somehow it was easier to be a hero like you can pull off both sides, whereas Spider Man it always showed that it affected him. He missaate on dates, but he's still always was Spider Man, So yeah, it was spoder Man was my guy, always will be my guy.
Speaker 4: And just number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of thinking about that, like which which one kind of did that for me? I mean, that's it's a good question. Marvel character you know, they're you know, Spider Man, Yeah, I could, I could say that. But one of those characters that and hence you know why I've taken the nickname the Man without Fear is is Matt Murdoch. Daredevil is someone that literally takes the idea you know, I know, Steve Rodgers, I can do this all day, like Matt has gone toe to toe and keeps on getting up, taking that fighter's mentality, never giving up, always getting you know, not always making the right move. I don't think he's not. He is definitely not a perfect character, not necessarily made the right choices, but his heart, when it comes down to it, is in the right place, trying to do what's right in his mind, for his friends, for those around it, defending Hell's kitchen and doesn't want necessarily anything but to keep the kitchen safe. And that is that one has always been a personal favorite of mine.
Speaker 3: So him being a hero on both sides of like both identities is always something that I enjoyed as well, because not only does he take the cases, most of the cases he takes are pro bono. He doesn't exactly take high end clients to make money. So yeah, he says people twice.
Speaker 1: And in the sense of I'll take it to another level the X men, I mean half my question back here behind me, This as a whole just of everything. They represent the ideas of being different and knowing that, yeah, just because you're different doesn't mean that you deserve to be ostracized. You bring something to the table no matter what your abilities are.
Speaker 4: Everyone's special.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly, all right, So thank you Omar for that question. And so let's get into factor fictions from a couple of weeks ago. All right, we will see our first full cast in person appearance and fantastic four at SDCC. One hundred percent right, We got May made sure to get that out before SDCC. So yes, one hundred percent right. I'm not even gonna bother asking you, Travis, because we already know what happened. We will not get a king the Conqueror casting announcement at SDCC sixty nine percent in fact thirty one percent fiction. You got that one as well. Number three, we will get a new logo for Armor Wars at SDCC seventy two percent in fact, twenty percent in fiction. And you know, mister steal would say he did say you'll get it, he did put up a new logo for that, and said canceled because it's a fake movie.
Speaker 3: Well, oh my god, I can't believe you guys went with that with him, because we're never going to hear the end of that. At the moment that gets canceled in a guy chat, it's gonna be like two days.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that canceled. Yeah, I canceled arm Wars at that point. And then finally from Anthony saying Hugh Jackman will be the MCU cannon logan Wolverine and will not be recast forty percent in fact sixty percent said fiction. What say you to that?
Speaker 3: So that's not one that I'm gonna say fiction unless he loves being tortured and wants to be Wolverine. Into sixty fives, I'm hoping that he eventually walked away from the character with a nice send off here these two final movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, as a guest you it is up to you for factor of fictions this time.
Speaker 4: So what you got?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I added a few new ones to the catalog after watching did Pull and Wolverine, So some of these may be uh, coming off the back of the information we got there. And the first one, of course, Tom Hollands spoder Man will be the anchor being for Earth six one six mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He is the anchor being. I'm gonna go with false Okay, now I'm gonna go fiction on that one. I'm gonna he he's important. But I do not think. I think our anchor being for this one is someone else. I'm not I'm not ready. I have an idea. I'm not ready to talk about that one yet because i'm still not I'm not fully under percent. But I'm leaning in a certain direction.
Speaker 4: Against against because time stamped this and you could be right.
Speaker 1: Nope, not ready yet, not ready to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Number two, Miles Teller will appear as read Richard.
Speaker 1: Again, Miles will appear as read Richards.
Speaker 3: I'm smarter with these knife because there's not going to be just a definite timeline so I could go back in three years be like.
Speaker 4: Ah, I told you that, I was right.
Speaker 3: I think you could be on the council that we eventually see that maybe helps us solve this whole dude problem.
Speaker 1: I don't think we'll see that read. I don't think we're seeing Miles Tellers. So I'm gonna go fiction out of that one. I think we'd sooner see our original read Richards from.
Speaker 4: I thought we were gonna get both of them.
Speaker 3: So I also see in Gambit really maybe think anything's possible. Yeah, so Galactus will have no variance, just like American Shavass.
Speaker 1: Galactus will have no variance.
Speaker 4: He's just gonna be one being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm three for three this week. I'm saying fiction just because I think he is. He is a celestial in a way, and he's an offshoot of the celestials. So I think that there is a Galactis in A six one six, just we haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, and the final one I put an extra one in there. Oh, just great, Jessica Alba will return to Storm.
Speaker 1: I say that's a fact. That's a fact for me. It's the heart WANT said. And I think it's going to happen I love.
Speaker 4: Hakarri referred to Fantastic four.
Speaker 3: The first person, he said, was Jessica Alba and we went on from there. Anyone I ever here mentioned that that's first cast member.
Speaker 1: Well, what I'm saying, I think anchor being a Strange. I'll reveal that's why I'm leaning towards. Actually, that's the one I'm leaning towards. So you know you put it out there, but yeah, that's the one I'm leaning towards. Not there it, I have a few. I have one or two other contenders right now, but Strange is someone I'm I have a fifty one percent that that is our anchor being.
Speaker 3: Does spot Man even make the top five choices for you? Oh goddamn god, I should consult with you before making.
Speaker 1: No, not there yet.
Speaker 4: So pretty definitive that one.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm very definitive on that one. So watch me be wrong. That's fine. So Anthony did send in a factor of fiction. He said, similar to Spider Man the Home trilogy, the Fantastic for trilogy will be the Steps trilogy, with the first movie being First Steps, sequels being next Steps, and final Steps. No, I hope, so I don't want to I don't want that. I know you probably said that as I have to ask you. You can message me after saying how serious are you is this? Are you trolling us at this point because I can already hear when mister when Travis is listening to this after that point, he's gonna say, oh, please Dear God know. And I'm the same way, Please Dear God know.
Speaker 4: I want it to be there.
Speaker 3: Just because of that, I can only imagine every news today it will be similar to Ray and Brandt doing the Birds of Prey and making through the whole.
Speaker 1: I'd see you rather. I'd rather do that than that. That just sounds like a baby walking at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. That's side of healing.
Speaker 1: So and then, and we said before, there's nothing says they can't do a title change either.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, not because they footage, but this they'd always do. They've done it before. They did it literally in a comic Con panel. So not saying that that wasn't always part of the plan. But we'll see. But yeah, thank you, Anthony, And we will also post all five of the factor of fictions this week. Let's see this the whips being cheeky they followed the home trend with Spider Man, so why not the same wast that stop it, stop it, stop it ship. No, No, we're not.
Speaker 4: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not creating inception and willing this and to exist and stop it. Watch Prent be on the beyond the trend of this. Okay, I'm gonna have to ask him.
Speaker 4: This is gonna figure.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll find out tomorrow morning after he listens to this and sees if he's on that kind of train, and I would say, I'm surround. I'm surrounded except for others on this one. So but all right, well we'll post those on Sunday, Sunday afternoon. Select your voices be heard, and uh, well this was a very long episode at that point. A good episode. And again want to thank first Carrie for coming on and sharing his experiences in hallways, and obviously Travis stepping in last minute for Brenda. Know he sends his thanks, and as always I send you thanks in the late night, and I'm glad you do have a day off tomorrow so you can get a little bit of extra sleep because I know you you and uh probably going to get an early call from Oliver.
Speaker 4: Oh one hundred percent but totally worth it.
Speaker 3: Thank you Brent for asking me to fill in on an episode with content.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually yes, you have had a bad history on this show where we have had been very light on content. So this is this is I mean, can't.
Speaker 4: Happened the following week like bring me up for she Hulk episode fourth episode five? Ye? No?
Speaker 1: So yeah, well again, tell people how they can follow you unplug your shows on the network.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Twitter at Travis Underscore one five six. You can drop me a line. We can chat at pretty much anything. There's not much I don't love. I also host two podcasts on the network, The Animation Nation, where you take a look at a animation cross multiud of fandoms. I put out yesterday or like two days ago, sorry Wednesday, No, that was yesterday Wednesday. I put a review for Justice League Crisis on it from the Earth's Part three.
Speaker 4: That was nice. To wrap that up.
Speaker 3: I will recommend not listening to my podcast and not watching the three part animated trilogy.
Speaker 4: There hate saying that.
Speaker 3: And I also host DC Alliance co host DC Alliance on the podcast network as well Friday Nights Live on the Peak Verse YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you for that, and you can follow me on Twitter at Chris Balga. You can follow my other podcast, World Find It's True Believers at Finest Believers dropped a new episode with Omar from Near My Condition Looking at Green Lantern Rebirth. Just dropped that on Sunday, so check that out. That is episode ninety eight, the pendultimate episode of Getting to Episode one hundred is coming, and the question is who's the guest That episode has been recorded and is ready to drop at the end of the end of this month, So stay tuned.
Speaker 4: That is a good question too with you because you've had such a wide variety of guests from actual comic creators to big dumb dumbs like myself, So who goes who it could be?
Speaker 1: And again, what is going to happen with episode one hundred? Interesting, you know, let it out there at that point. So but you can follow Brent at Brent tech Prime on all the socials. You can email the show at Marvel Alliance Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod network. Feel free to tweet email from one of my feedback ask questions, factor fictions. All dms are open, continue to rate and review the Marvel Lize, Silvio feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. We want to thank you. There's a great lively chat night. Everyone for joining us. Thank you all for joining us live, Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there everyone, and a stand the man would say, excelsior true believers, all right, Travis. Post credits discussion, This is something that we've kind of talked about on the show is Rumorville. Well, this is an interesting one that Figy came on and went on the record for something that you know has kind of gone under the radar, So I kind of wanted to bring it up as our post credits discussion, saying, Kevin Figy reveals why Vision showrunner was chosen. So we get a two fur in this one, not only that the Vision series is happening, but that the showrunner for this was also confirmed.
Speaker 3: So and I'm sure you hated this when we find out what this show runner did before, because I remember you did quite enjoy this.
Speaker 1: So yes, so Kevin Figi talking to Comic book dot Com saying that, excuse me speaking to Inverse at this point, but this is combook dot COM's covering it, so speaking of Verse, the MCU architect explained why Terry Mattallis was really the only person to bring bring back come on board to bring back Paul bett New's hero. Figgy saw Star Trek Picard and was floored by the level of the show was operating on and Paramount Plus saw one of their biggest wins with Picard. The MCU head man noted as a Star Trek, he is a treky and when it comes to the character study that pushes into the future and retectualizes the past, there aren't many shows like Picard for Vision. His absence has been felt since the finale WandaVision. Hopefully the show provides an update. Figy says, that's how I got to know him. It was an amazing work he worked. He is the main show runner for Picard season three. I said, this is incredible. I don't know how this exists. Let me find out who this person is. This moment is also significant because it's the first time that Marvel Studios itself has acknowledged the series and that the showrunner for this is Terry Mettalis At that point. So the Vision Whites, no Vision Tiers, whatever we want to call it at that point is for real. Tara Mettallis is confirmed as the showrunner for this. I have been when I first heard the rumor of this, I said, yes, absolutely Picard the series as a whole without standing. But season three, if you are a Trekky, a next generation Trecky, season three was a love letter to all of us, and I cannot believe how much how well they stuck the landing for this. So Tarror Mettallis, even before Picard season three, he is a great showrunner, many accolades to his name, and I am so excited about this. I know you're not necessarily a trek Ee in that point, Travis, but you know necessarily maybe not Metallis, but the idea of the vision Seiers being confirmed, what are your feelings about that?
Speaker 3: This is just showing again why Kevin Foggy he's cooking all like he immediately knew from watching Pakias even three, being like okay, yeah, this is the guy that needs to do this just because of this, So I, as with everything else, Kevin Foggy has my ultimate trust. He's earned that with everything he's done, So I just think it's great and imagine being being that guy and Kevin Foggy's like, we got to have him, Like, I love how what he did with here. You're like, dude, you almost got as much barging power as like Toby Maguire and those other people. Now that Robert and Junior is locked in, you better Marvel better've already had those guys locked in or they will be dishnated more dollars. So, uh, yeah, I can't wait for this show to be asking Chris, this is something that I was afraid might get lost in the shuffle after in the post of post in Game World. But yeah, especially with Scarlett Witch being looks like on the shelf for a little while.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, well we'll see, Yeah, we may get that. You know, we've heard rumors that this is the show that's as going to lean heavily into the Tom King run another Tomkin project at that point, maybe a mix of that. But yeah, I'm excited for the idea of this. Like I said, Harry mettallis bringing down brings in it a whole level of excitement and the expectations for this. So when this show will come about I don't know. We've got D twenty three, So the rumors of D twenty three being a mainly focused on animation and the Disney streaming side of Marvel looks to be true. Will we get a more of a discussion of this D twenty three We'll have to see. That's in a couple of weeks as we begin that march on Marvel Alliance towards that. Thank you all, ladies. And oh, Travisy Gott thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah because when he said Nova the Nova interview, just coming back to that, Nova doesn't have a director, like a person in charge running it or.
Speaker 4: Anything right now.
Speaker 3: So I do think that this is going to come in the next couple of years that they're going to start filming out this. So yeah, and problem later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Paul Bett need to confirm to a certain member of our showed up Brent that he was planning to come back at that point. So that's too, listener, mister Brent tech brime. So all right, all, thank you all for joining us for this long episode. I hope you enjoyed it again. Thank you, Carrie, thank you everyone. We will see you all next week.
Speaker 4: Bye bye bye everyone,