Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Never more American than the Golf of America. Another brilliant idea from Trump. You know, he's always been known for these kind of fresh ideas. And here's another one. Makes perfect sense. No slight to Mexico, but just do the math on shoreline and economic impact, world impact, everything else. And it has a ring. Golf of America. Texter points out he really means golf of America, and yeah he is. He loves to spank Whitey, but I think he means golf of America here. And it's a good thing. President Trump has golf, and I think there's a reason a lot of presidents have turned to golf, right, and he happens to be a good player. But whether you're a good player or not, yeah, you just right. You need that sanity, right, that fresh air you get away, clear the mind a little bit, and just that act of swinging. It's kind of prime. So, speaking of which, if somebody's looking for a life transforming summer job for your kids, and this is the right time to be thinking about that. Think about having them caddy, particularly if there's a good caddy program around your place. And the Evan Scholarship in Colorado is an amazing scholarship to the University of Colorado for golf caddies who qualify economically and by virtual grades, etc. It's how I got to the University of Colorado from Chicago. Think movie Caddyshack, but check out Evan's scholar program if you want to look into that and where to caddy? All Right, Hey, we've got just the show rights itself today, right because we have an instant classic presser from Trump and it's half comedy and it's half serious and it's just great. And so we'll continue to play a lot of that. Now there are other issues that arise out of that, then we need to be talking about. Okay, the President he wants to rename the Gulf of Mexico, also wants America to control greenlands, So where do you come down on that? And in Colorado, what should be renamed in Colorado. It's led into a conversation of hey, we shouldn't be naming anything after politicians. So the ones that are, do we just replace those now with others? Who would those be? And do we rename like peaks and things like that.
Speaker 2: Mexico's really in trouble, a lot of trouble, very dangerous place that we're going to be announcing at a future date pretty soon. We're going to change because we.
Speaker 3: Do most of the work there and it's ours.
Speaker 2: We're going to be changing sort of the opposite of Biden where he's closing everything up, essentially getting rid of fifty to sixty trillion.
Speaker 3: Dollars worth of assets.
Speaker 2: We're going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America, which has a beautiful ring that covers a lot of territory.
Speaker 3: The Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful name, and it's appropriate. It's appropriate. And Mexico has to stop allowing millions of people to pour into our country.
Speaker 3: They could stop them.
Speaker 2: And we're going to put very serious tariffs on Mexico and Canada because Canada.
Speaker 3: They come through Canada too, and.
Speaker 2: The drugs that are coming through are at record numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do you think of Gulf of America. And then this Greenland isssue, which really hadn't been on any of our radar, but it sounds like it's a discussion among national security experts.
Speaker 2: Well, we need Greenland for national security purposes. I've been told that for a long time, long before I even ran. I mean, people have been talking about it for a long time. You have approximately forty five thousand people there. People really don't even know if Denmark has an illegal right to it, but if they do, they should give it up because we need it for national security. That's for the free world. I'm talking about protecting the free world. You look at you don't even need binoculars. You look outside, you have China ships all over the place. You have Russian ships all over the place. We're not letting that happen. We're not letting it happen. And if Denmark wants to get to a conclusion, but nobody knows if they even have any right, title or interest, the people are going to probably vote for independence or to come into the United States. But if they did do that, then I would tear if Denmark at a very high level.
Speaker 1: So what do you think about that? Fascinating and I think America is very ready has been for a long time. It was part of a Trump's big appeal. It just for fresh, new, different, creative ideas that make sense, you know, not just the same old talking points and bullet points and battles.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, some of those battles are life and death and have to be fought until the right side wins. But yeah, and this is one of those right and so CNN typically unfair headline up right now, Trump intensifies Greenland takeover talk. He's not talking about a takeover. He's talking about acquiring control of Greenland from Denmark and using the threat of tariffs, etc. To do that. He's not talking about sending the military in there. But then again, that's why very few people watch or trust CNN eight five five ver Zer five A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. I'll get to our great textures in a second sad story out of Fort Lauderdale. But how do you think this happened? This afternoon flight from New York? They find two bodies in the wheelwell of a Jet Blue flight from New York to Fort Lauderdale. How and why do you think that happened, Dan says, a texture, let's rename Painia Boulevard to Dia Parkway. What do you think about that? Listen? And I've got to tell you our politics are opposite, right, But I always liked Federico Paya personally. You have no beef against Pinion Boulevard because it's Federico pain you're a Democrat or any of that stuff. But I never ever liked the idea of naming it after a politician, let alone a living one. I mean, and again it comes back to what message are we sending kids, which is one reason that I've always railed against on this show. Old Meth out at d Ia Satan Steed, that horrible piece of art that stands in that prime position, and yeah, what does every kid want to see as they drive into the airport because kids can be a little nervous about flying. Yeah, some horse on meth with orange glowing eyes like out of a horror movie. But what bugs me the most is you've got that prime spot and that should be a piece of art that sends a message to visitors and a reminder to Colorado's who we are, what we value, you know, what we're our virtues, are, but who we are as a people. I mean, you know Colorado, we live here every day, so you know, we tend to see the faults as well as the strengths and all that. You know, people from around the world, because I grew up in Chicago, Colorado. You know, at one point it was known as the state of health. Now it's known as the state of drugs. But you need a piece of art that tells everybody who we are. And that's the last piece of art we should have there. So let's expand this conversation to not only what names do we change, but what piece of art do we need to put there? Someday Satan Steed is going to be gone. It's just crazy. It's notts. It never made any sense from the beginning. The artist himself, God Rest his soul, got killed by the statue. So and for that reason alone, you shouldn't have it there, right, Yeah, what would be great karma? Oh yeah, some statue they actually killed this artist. Yeah, let's put that up, especially when it's really ugly and scary. So what should be there? Another thing we have going on, because a really hard hitting today is is what do you think the number one first dance wedding song is the most common first dance wedding song. And what got us off on this is Ryan bumped us with having My Baby? Is that Tom Jones? Did you ever figure that out?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: That was paul Anka Paul Anka and I'm gonna go with You're My First, My Last, My Everything by Berry White.
Speaker 1: You think that's the most popular.
Speaker 5: That's gotta be up there, right, Okay, it's everything, It's it's in the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I stopped by an astown of our bosses on my way back from the bathroom during the break and he did not remember. Oh no, which is not We don't want to out that. That's not a good answer. No, and yeah, but what But the way we got off on that topic was he plays having My Baby, and I said that has to be the least popular first dance song at weddings, and it got us thinking about what's the most popular. Eerie Mike is back, Thank goodness for that. I sorry, we're coming up on a break. We can at least start with him. Eerie Happy twenty twenty five, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Happy new year. Ye Hey, we finally found that we agree on Oh good, the hideous statue at d IA.
Speaker 1: Oh, wonderful. What would you replace it with?
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely a memorial to January sixth, the most beautiful day ever. It would have a big golden idol of Donald Trump basically telling people to go to the Capitol and.
Speaker 1: Mike, you've had a conversion.
Speaker 3: That's so?
Speaker 1: Is this like a New Year's conversion for you? I got it.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a major. I don't want to be pulled into a camp. I got to get on the right side of this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, And we wouldn't. We wouldn't want to see you in any camp either, at least not any camp we were staying at. But but no, so so seriously, what would you put up? Because there needs to be in that spot and we only have thirty seconds. That is like the prime spot for public art in Colorado? What should be there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Two te coons and you can call it the Lauren Bobert Memorial statue.
Speaker 1: There you go. I how did you get so mean? What?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How does that he does somebody urinate in your wheedies in the morning? How do you get like this might appreciate the caller up against a break. You're on the Dan Capla show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast, what are you advocating?
Speaker 1: Here's a family show.
Speaker 5: Kelly and I were talking about how much we've loved this song when you're little kids in the seventies, and it was one of my first forty fives. And I thought you were going to tell us it was your first forty five.
Speaker 1: No, it was some Peter Paul and Mary's song. But I think it might have been leaving on a jet plane or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, and we'll play that one next. But what I was talking to Kelly about was this song came out. It was based on a poem written by a nineteen year old college student who is probably into the good stuff. And then Peter Paul and Mary Peter Yarrow, who passed away today. That's why we're playing tribute songs to him, wrote it into a song and then they released this. Then, Dan, you were like six years old when this came out. You would have been perfect target marketing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I was picturing a little dragon, right, And you remember it very sad song. I didn't listen to it because it was such a very sad song. Yeah. Yeah, melancholage, well at best melanchols anyway, glad you're with us. What got us off on the song thing was Ryan played paul Anka having your Baby, and I said, wow, that's probably the least popular wedding song anyway anywhere, and then we got into what's the most popular wedding song. Now. Our overarch today is President Trump this brilliant idea to rename the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America. And I think it should be just the American shoreline. All this and that. So what in Colorado should be renamed? And I think we all agree Penya Boulevard should be renamed? Right, First, just naming stuff after politicians is a backward message. And second, certainly not a living former politician. So what should paina Boulevard be renamed?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 1: So we're talking about all of that and more. Let's go to the phone lines and then, and I want to I want to take some tangible next steps on this one. I've been I've been advocating this on air for years. We got to get rid of old maths. Satan Steed out at d IA, that horrible, uh depiction of a horse, and we've got to replace it with something else. What should it be replaced with? And then I'll tell you my idea for next steps on that it's going to monument talk to Sarah. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Welcome Sarah, Hi, Dan Hi Sarah Show. Thank you.
Speaker 7: And also i'd just like to say I'm so excited about everything that's happening in our political world.
Speaker 4: I'm just excited about the future again.
Speaker 1: Finally, Oh yeah, I mean with with Trump, I mean, think about what's ahead. It's it's going to be phenomenal. But but what do you think about the old old math?
Speaker 7: Okay, so we all need to kind of have a little levity and we need to smile more.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 7: But I think that we would possibly all agree that a giant pothole would be a really good statue to put.
Speaker 4: What you do?
Speaker 1: How do you turn an absence of something into a statue? I don't know.
Speaker 7: It to just be something that we can see and will last and wonder what is it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: Okay, it would know?
Speaker 1: Now, don't you think in Colorado having pothole might send a wrong message since we're now identified as the state of drugs, the state of pot But no, I love your sense of humor, Sarah, and thank you for that. But here's what we're gonna do, and we're gonna launch it on the show. We'll figure out the mechanics and get it up soon. We're going to have a contest. We're gonna come up with some really good price, some really good price. We're going to have a contest, take submissions for an artwork for a statue to replace old meth and then you know, we'll do what we have to do politically and everything else to get rid of old maths. Since it's probably a ninety nine to one issue and I don't know who the one would be who would want that thing to stay. Let's go up to Beautiful Boulder. Talk to Kevin. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Welcome.
Speaker 8: What do you say to Trump pardoning Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones for coming up with the song brown Sugar about the.
Speaker 3: Black blay girl?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's brown sugar?
Speaker 4: Butt?
Speaker 8: It's about a black slave girl.
Speaker 1: Now Orleans. You're kidding? There is Ryan?
Speaker 8: Do you have brown for New Orleans? Sold down in mar sold in the market, down in New Orleans. Scartled Slaver knows he's doing all right. You should have heard him just around midnight to Kevin or.
Speaker 5: A point to Kevin's point, they stopped playing this song on tour.
Speaker 1: I know that. Yeah, they should have never played it all I don't know.
Speaker 8: A great song.
Speaker 1: It is a great song. You're right, so you guys are advocating for this song.
Speaker 8: No, they're talking about history.
Speaker 1: Well, but I got the impression from you they were somehow glorifying it. Ryan, Can you pull that up right now? What it like? You pull songs out of every body part? You actually startled like rolling Stones? What's that? We've never heard of it? Yeah? Well, thank you, Kevin. That's that's fascinating. I'm trying to think about whether they played that at folsome because when I was up there, I think I was a program council. I think I was a program council when the Stones came. Yeah, let's are they glorifying this horror the k all that.
Speaker 5: I think they stopped singing it because brown sugar, as it implies, it's about a woman of color, but they admire though. I thought it was like, you know, they wanted a data or whatever.
Speaker 1: They're not let's listen to this.
Speaker 6: Great guitar.
Speaker 1: Like I think they did play that at FOS. This is horrific, horrific? Are your song never should have been played? Hold on the lyrics? Y fun of me? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So Kevin was right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here it is. Yeah, Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in a market down in New Orleans. Scart old slaver. No, he's doing all right, hear him? Whip the women just drown me in. This song never should have been written, never should have been played. It goes on to say, brown sugar, how come you taste so good brown sugar? Just like a young girl should. This is sick, it's obscene, it's it's sadistic. Yeah, drums beating, cold, English blood runs hot, Lady of the house wondering is I can't even read it on air?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is horrible?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: If I owned any Rolling Stone stuff, I'd go burn it? Oh come on, yeah, but I didn't. I had no idea. These were the lyrics.
Speaker 5: But when this song came out and Dan you were there, you were around it, was it controversial?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody could understand the worst.
Speaker 5: But I'm talking about it though it was ever. Yeah, I never knew was about that. Yeah, I guess I never thought about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always thought life in the fast Lane was life is the best thing. Yeah, I mean so so many of these lyrics people never understood. But this is horrific. Oh, I have lost all respect.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I never had any for Mick Jagger. I mean I enjoyed his music, but I don't think I can anymore. Really. Yeah, that's it. That's horrifical. Over celebrating slavery and torture, and celebrating kind of sexual torture. I don't Yeah, that's what this song does. It's I'm not saying they're satanic, but that song is satanic. It's not great, it's satanic. Wow, we were having so much fun. Hey, fi five Z five A two five five. What should Pain of Boulevard be renamed too? Now that we're renaming the Gulf of Mexico. You're on the Dan Capras.
Speaker 6: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I gotta tell you, rang there's a guy who's Ben the Stones, concerts everything else. I don't know that I can listen to him again. I think after what that caller pointed out that the song brown Sugar, and now we're looking at the lyrics, it's not only horrifically racist, it is satanic. It is satanic. It is celebrating the sexual torture of slave women, and and then it's talking about this this woman in the most abusive sexual terms. My question is, how did that song last a day on air? Right? Where was the left? You know, where were the interest groups? How come? How are they allowed to keep playing this? I mean, is it a simple as nobody understood the lyrics? That's I know. I never understood the lyrics. I never even listened to him, but but I mean, the lyrics had to be printed somewhere.
Speaker 6: Well, you were thirteen when that song came out, I believe in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was saying I was in college when the Stones came to uh to folsome Yeah, but it was never even on my radar that that that's what that song was about. Sonyway, Let's go to our jam Lions. They are in Fuego. We'll start with Joe in Arvada. You're on the Dan Kaplas show. Welcome, Hey guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first to Ryan, how about those Lions? Yeah, goodness, go on, It's only been sixty seventy years since they were relevant. But I got well.
Speaker 1: And you know they're they're my second favorite team in the postseason. I really want you to get a Super Bowl, Ryan, but I'm a you know, Josh Allen, you'd love to see him get his ring.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, I know you're a big fan of Elway. He is a lot like Elway. He's big, strong, fast, with a.
Speaker 1: That's why he's not the Denver Bronco quarterback. John Alway wants that John Alway's ego. Well, he's not because of John Alway's egoing. Listen, I'm the biggest Alway fan in the world as a quarterback because he's he's one of the top two or three to ever play. I'm grateful to him for all his years in Denver. But as a GM, we had two great quarterbacks he ran off because of his ego. One was Tim Tebow, one was Josh Allen. And that's not cool.
Speaker 4: Not cool anyways, Dan, how dare are you blasphemy? The Rolling Stones the greatest rock and roll band of all time? However, you know that song, even if people understood the lyrics, that was a different time, that was long before PC culture and all that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I mean, my goodness, there.
Speaker 1: Is this has nothing to do with PC. This has to do with basic basic human dignity, basic morals. I mean, this song is satanic. Let me just read and if their kids in the car cover their ears. No, this is not rock and roll? Are you saying that just because you put something to music, you can say anything, no matter how horrific. You can glorify slavery, you can glorify the sexual torture of women.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that, but.
Speaker 1: But that's what this song does, right.
Speaker 4: Can I can I make a quick comparison. It's just like some people take every word that Donald Trump says. No, no, no, I mean it's it's like, never said anything like this, he has not. But what I'm saying is he says some things. And but anyways, if I can real quick, you know who is the heart and soul behind the Rolling Stones. It's not Mick Jagger. It's Keith Richards. I saw him live, I have all his music.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 4: He is the music behind the Stone.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm not doubting musical talent ability or whatever, but if you take those skills and use them to glorify evil, then that's just evil, That's just it. And listen, you know This is just not some spur of the moment. Somebody just had some crazy idea. They were on drugs, they blurted out something crazy. They sat down, they wrote this song, they recorded it, they refined it, they played it thousands of times. And let me just for those wondering and a listener turned us onto this a few minutes ago, let me, let me just give you a couple of the lyrics. It starts with, Yeah, gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in a market down in New Orleans, scarred old slaver. No, he's doing all right. Hear him whip the women just around midnight, and they're glorifying this. How does that song ever get on air? How does it stay on air? Then it goes on brown sugar, referring to one of these women who's being kidnapped, tortured, sexually raped, brown sugar? How come you taste so good brown sugar, just like a young girl should. And then it goes on and glory all different forms of sexual abuse. It's it's just sick. And for them to choose to do this and play it over and over again, you know they're super super demented stuff there. Paul and Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Dan.
Speaker 8: I was going to recommend, and I'm kind of conflicted.
Speaker 3: Peter Boulevart is kind of the gateway to Denver, so I was thinking mile high Highway, but I'm tired.
Speaker 4: Of everything in them being mile high.
Speaker 7: But it was a thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now appreciate the calling that, Paul. And as we talk about what else should be renamed, let's start with Paya Boulevard for the reasons Paul mentioned, oh gateway thing, it's a big deal. The name's used off and because it is da what should that be renamed too? Payia Boulevard? And while we're at it, what type of art you should replace Old Meth out there, which I think we all agree needs to go. Even Jagger would agree that needs to go. Mike and Lakewood, you're on the Dan KAPLI Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Dan. Since we already have Pinion Boulevard, I'm thinking the terminal at Deia needs to be renamed.
Speaker 1: What would you name it? The whole opinion, Holiday's never en For some people, that's a beautiful things. Seeh I love that. I haven't fun right? If you laugh, you're rich. If you're grateful, you're wealthy. No, I love that, But what would you what would you rename pain? You see, I'm thinking in terms and I appreciate everybody who's talking about something commemorating our natural beauty, et cetera. I'm thinking in terms of a person, because I really do think and we should be naming more stuff after people. But it shouldn't be after politicians, right, because that sends the wrong message. That sends a me message said that hey, kids, yeah, get into governments so you can get the power to have the taxpayers paid for stuff named after you. That's the opposite message. We need to be naming stuff after people who exemplify the virtues we want our kids to have and we want them to grow up with and we want them to admire. We need to be naming our stuff after those kind of role models. So if you accept this category for a second page of the boulevard's going to be an individual, who should it be named after? And what else would you rename? And the reason we're on this naming stuff kick today, and I've talked about it many times on air in the past, is President Trump's suggestion today that and he's not a suggestion. He says, it's happening that we're going to rename the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America. I think that's a great idea, and that's no slight on Mexico. It's just say, you look at all the shoreline, link the shoreline, economic influence, world in fluids, et cetera. It should be the Gulf of America. But what else should be renamed? Here? Eight five zero five two five five text d A N five seven seven through nine. Dan, if you want to feel better, play the song Shattered by the Rolling Stones. I did that, Archie just did. Yes, you did, and thank you. Another Texter saying the same thing, Dan, we should rename Paena Boulevard the marijuana Mile. And that's one problem with naming stuff now mile high, et cetera. Since since the Left and a few others sold this state out with this whole legalized drug thing. Now what used to be known as the State of health is now known as the state of drugs. So anything with mile high and it has that double meaning. Dan, I'm neutral on the statue. How could anybody be neutral on old meth? I mean, I can't believe it as one fan out there. It killed, It killed its creator. I think it's cool, says the Texter. His name is Blucifer. What why can't it represent our amazing football team. It doesn't have to represent the devil? Okay, then then why does it? Dan? I knew there was a reason I didn't like the Rolling Stones, Dan h d I A should be a statue of very Mike. Oh no, I rest you were gonna let me read that through that? It was they were describing eerie Mike engaged in some sex act with whom are you gonna go? No, I wouldn't have gone that far if you stopped him.
Speaker 6: Believe you what that far you just did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, how about this one, Dan, Dan? Didn't you ever hear Sympathy for the Devil? That's a great Stone song? Pleased to meet you thought?
Speaker 1: You know my name? Yeah, but I don't listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 6: What but it seems like once you do, you're you're not a big fan.
Speaker 1: No. No, I just sat there kind of, you know, like a rock and roll party.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know they weren't great role models or anything like that, but I didn't realize this satanic stuff.
Speaker 5: Can you believe King Richards, he is, he's pickled, but he's alive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, they just did a story of Ted Turner in the hospital or something. I thought he died years ago, and Gladdy's alive.
Speaker 5: Dennis Miller Dan in the late eighties on weekend updates Saturday Night Live was making jokes about why Keith Richards was still alive in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: And I know, we have to hit this break. But looking at now these lyrics sympathy for the devil the Stones, are they satanic? I mean when you go back to the lyrics for brown Sugar and then you look at this, are they satanic?
Speaker 5: Remember there was that big movement, like late seventies, early eighties, whether it was kiss ac DC and maybe the Stones were lumped in. There were a lot of kind of you know, holy roller preachers, fundamentalist evangelicals that were really against just rock music in general.
Speaker 1: They thought Elvis Presley even was these lyrics this satanic stuff got to hit the break. What would you name who would you name painya Boulevard? After? Rename it? After You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: That's the last time we'd ever heard this song on this show. I mean, it's amazing how life works, right, because I always kind of enjoyed the Stones. Just okay, rock and roll band bendis the shows, and you know that. But well, I mean very talented. But now this caller, I mean, it's fascinating how you have these epiphanies in life. This caller calls and says, wait a second, Brown Sugar is glorifying slavery, and I said, Nah, couldn't be. And then you play the song. I listened to it, kind of hard to understand the lyrics, but then I'm reading the lyrics. It is not only glorifying the consummate evil of slavery, it's glorifying sexual torture of female slaves. I mean, it is truly satanic. This is the kind of song Satan would write. And then they played it over and over again all those years, and where are the interestcripts? How come people weren't rising up against this? And then that song you just played, Ryan, I mean, how do you listen to that song and and think anything other than their glorifying Satan? I mean, so that becomes the question, is it you know? They are they satanic. Well, the song is literally called sympathy. Yeah, that's right, right, And so that I think becomes a very fair question. So it's kind of sad because I'd always enjoyed their music, but now I can't listen to their stuff again. That's just that is horrific, that this is the kind of stuff Satan would write. And I've never ever, I've been the opposite. Obviously, anybody knows me. One of those people say, oh, rock and roll, it's from the do not nonsense, rock and roll is awesome and all that stuff, and and you know they no. But but when people choose to use their talent to literally glorify Satan, glorify slavely slavery, glorify sexual torture, that is satanic stuff. Ronda and Lakewoods are on the dan Kaplish welcome, Hey, Ronda. Oh now, how many great songs have been written about a Rhonda helped me Rando. Course, she's heard that a million times. Nothing's satanic about that.
Speaker 10: Well, actually, I'm quite elderly and I have hardly ever even.
Speaker 4: Heard of Mick Jagger.
Speaker 1: How old are you.
Speaker 10: Ninety three?
Speaker 1: Well, you look younger than Mick Jagger. I guarantee that Mick Jagger looked ninety three when he was twenty.
Speaker 9: That's no compliment to me.
Speaker 1: That good point is.
Speaker 10: That's not calling about your remaining. Yes, and this is something I've thought so often when I get out go back and forth from the report. It could be Veterans Boulevard because we need to honor our veterans reme that and it's so inclusive and isn't this oh political about it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: And it's an inspiration. Yes, And we can rename something for mister Penya.
Speaker 10: He was honorable, he deserves something, No, he doesn't.
Speaker 9: Something more more in the middle of the city. Yeah, something a little more specific, meeting with Ginver. Yeah, it's really international airport, right, So I think it's I think be Bulevart is what I would like to suggest.
Speaker 1: Randa, what a brilliant calling. You have just triggered something. I think we have now solved it, both for renaming Penya Boulevard and replacing Old Matt, that hideous statue that stands in the most prominent public arts space in Colorado. You know what we do? You know what we do. In this spins off of Ronda's good point, we renamed Pena Heroes Parkway Heroes Boulevard, but we rename it after heroes and heroes would apply to military, fire, police heroes. And then we we take down that hideous old mess statue and we replace it with some statue that pays tributes to a tribute to our heroes, you know, to just something glorious and inspiring. And you could have different ways to get there, right, but that's the perfect tie in. You get Heroes Boulevard and then you arrive at that statue that pays tribute to our heroes in Colorado all times, all races, all sexes, well, all two sexes. Right, that that is the perfect combination. Thank you, Ronda. She let us down that right path, literally and figuratively. Kevin, who triggered all this from Boulder, has one more common. Kevin was the color who pointed out how hideous and satanic Brown Sugar lyrics are.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Kevin, Well, I just wanted to add that any kind of music that has lyrics is often metaphorical and literal, and Edgar Allan Paul could be considered satanic as well. So if you want to find out the true meaning of lyrics to a song of any kind of measure, Yeah, go to Wikipedia and type in the title of the song and connect it with the group and it'll have the author's lips or the author's words right there.
Speaker 1: Kevin got a bell now. Sorry, didn't mean to cut you off, particularly after you educated us on brown sugar. I'll never look at the stones the same way again. And we were having a lot of fun up till then. Ryan, tremendous job, Thank you, my friend, and Deck Kelly as always human sunshine. Hey be careful out there tonight. Please join us tomorrow on The Dan Kapla Show.