Speaker 1: Joe, Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Rod ry.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh Joe, come on now, wake you wake your hands off. Snaky Rob Ryan show check it in, Ready to go for free beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. We have beer for you straight up at six, seven, eight and nine. Kenny the cash Man, I don't know he plays every week. He's going for win number two now, fresh out of mad Head to Head Challenge Chili. He's been putting concert tickets in there all week. Mud Veins Static X tickets to the winner today, hit up Chili. He's got a surplus of tickets right now. Buzzfest sold out next Saturday. We got tickets for you coming up on in Homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 1: We love you guys the most, thanks for being up dark and early with us.
Speaker 3: Ghost tickets at seven twenty fold beat Hailstorm tickets at eight twenty open phones Friday, the whole last hour of the show. We'll leave you with offspring tickets.
Speaker 1: We got parting Claudie's guys today.
Speaker 3: Low chances of rain all weekend today Hive around ninety four. Good morning, Moe, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Good morning, and there's a new sheriff in town and that means new rules and regulations for this Weekend's deep weekend on Bolivar Peninsula.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's this weekend.
Speaker 4: The number of attendees is close to one hundred thousand, so they needed to figure it out, right. The Galveson County Sheriff's Office just wants to keep everyone safe.
Speaker 1: The beaches will be open.
Speaker 4: But on the beach there's no parking, no stopping to unload, no golf carts, no ATVs, no dirt bikes, no mask gat rings, no glass camping, and no open containers allowed.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the worst weekend ever.
Speaker 1: What are they gonna do everything?
Speaker 4: They're just gonna cruise on by it fifteen miles per hour in the water.
Speaker 1: You can't I don't know. It says the beaches are open.
Speaker 3: Right, but you can't stop and park on the beach. Yeah, and no mass gatherings. What's a mass gathering?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You can you four people in your car? You're going to look up the rules about okay, what number?
Speaker 3: Listen. They don't want this thing happening. They just basically said you can't do anything.
Speaker 1: It's gotten out of control.
Speaker 4: They needed to do something, but hopefully, I guess we'll see. Obviously, it's always makes headlines, right, I've.
Speaker 3: Been to it before. It's pretty wild down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what else?
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday Walmart announced they're racing prices. We've all noticed some increases here and there, but the company warned that new tariff's part of the US trade war, will force it to raise prices on many goods, possibly starting later this month. Despite the tariff concerns, Walmart's US stores saw a four point eight percent growth in same store sales, and online sales jumped twenty two percent.
Speaker 1: So I think they're doing They're fine, right, I guess.
Speaker 4: I saw a couple of my barbecue friends posting that today is National Barbecue Day. Can we celebrate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can celebrate some barbecue. I love it.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be the unofficial start of grilling season, which is why today's National Barbecue.
Speaker 1: Days on the Memorial Day weekend was right, And we live in Texas, so it's like every day, right.
Speaker 4: Well, YELP ranked the top barbecue cities in America in honor of today's holiday.
Speaker 1: While you're doing the story, people are just gonna get mad.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm mad too. They based it on reviews of barbecue joints. The top five cities Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City, Memphis, and Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's I gotta go over well with people here. They're two in Texas.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 1: Houston's not even in the top ten.
Speaker 4: Run ouch, y'all, go write some reviews for your favorite barbecue place.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite? Would you ever call them out?
Speaker 3: I don't have a favorite. I don't I haven't been to some of the big ones. Truth barbecue is not far from my host and I haven't been there yet. There's always a line, and I heard it's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I'd like to go to some of these places. Tell us what your favorite barbecue place is. Maybe i'll put something up on our Facebook.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Tom bergeron Rings the Bell, right, he's the star judge on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: He's a host. He was fired in twenty twenty. Right, Yeah, he was like, Oh, I like Tom bergeron he's a nice guy. The America's I asked videos guy, is he still on there?
Speaker 7: He did some of that was him for a while.
Speaker 1: He's done a little of everything.
Speaker 4: What is he doing right now?
Speaker 1: Something with sharks. I'm hearing that the.
Speaker 4: Headline, okay, because no one knows where he's been and he has a new Shark Week special called Dancing with Sharks.
Speaker 1: Did he get canceled? Is that why he's not around?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Was it one of those I don't now that you're saying that that's kind of bringing new bell, But I think you're talking about the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: No, Tom Bergeron, Well no, but Tom Bercheron went away too, got canceled.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But for some reason, that's a great guy.
Speaker 4: But Dancing with the Sharks is actual on the ocean floor, divers performing choreographed underwater routines with actual sharks.
Speaker 7: I don't hate that idea.
Speaker 4: The Discovery Channel's really taking it to the next level. I'm just saying, they market the crap out of this thing, and they are doing I'm they're doing it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's in July. These things are always setting us up for a major letdown. Remember when Michael, like Mike Tyson's gonna fight a shark and Michael Phelps is going to race against the shark.
Speaker 1: They're always a letdown, but we're talking about it, so the hype. I appreciate that. Rob. What are the chances you see Brad Pitt's new movie called F One.
Speaker 3: So my girlfriend's super into F one, so it's kind of getting me a little bit into it.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm for you. It's a huge like Global Sport.
Speaker 4: Yes, it kind of gained a little popularity during the Netflix show, right, everyone started watching.
Speaker 1: That Drive to Survive.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm a Max for chaff and guy myself.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the obvious guy because he always wins Hamilton.
Speaker 7: He also wins all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the new movie's coming out soon next month. Actually, and Ed Sheeran leaked a little preview yesterday. I have a song from the movie that he did with Dave Girl and John Mayer.
Speaker 1: Is that random? So if you were watching Dave Girl, John Mary, No, I think it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think Ed Sheeran is just a music fan and loves everybody he's Ed Sheeron has an offspring.
Speaker 1: Tattoo in all his tattoos.
Speaker 4: Yes, he is known for being friends with a variety of music folks.
Speaker 3: If you watched F One last season at all, they would show Brad Pitt going walking around and stuff. He's he's filming during during races.
Speaker 1: A F one but he's used, but he's filming during races, getting actual footage for the movie's working, Alex. Those are Houston setline, All right, what you got?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: The ass shows fell to the Rangers last night, one to nothing. Hunter Brown has been cy young quality all year long, and he gave up just one run over three hits in eight innings of work. Could not get any run support.
Speaker 1: And you're not gonna win out of games. But you don't like it.
Speaker 8: Turns out if you don't score an runs, you're not gonna win any games.
Speaker 3: But I think he's earned the Midtown Hunter Brown, and you won't embrace it for some reason.
Speaker 8: I don't want to jinx it because I said hundred Downtown Brown, and that was the only loss he had this season, so I've not said it since then, and I mean, like until last night they worked.
Speaker 3: I thought Downtown was too obvious. I said Midtown was there for the taken Midtown Hunter Brown. All right, Well, maybe we'll work it back in as we go on. They're gonna pay the Rangers again. Tonight, Lance McCullers will be on the map for the shows. He's gonna be going up.
Speaker 8: Against the Rangers Nate Evaldi first picked at seven oh five. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. In the NBA Playoffs, the Nuggets be the thunder one nineteen to one oh seven to fourse of Game seven in that series. In golf, it's day two of the PGA Championship of Quail Valley in North Carolina. Jonathan Vegas is the current leader at seven under par and tomorrow is the one hundred and fiftieth running of the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, Maryland, Kentucky Derby Winter Sovereignty will not be competing in the Brigness so Derby. Runner up Journalism is the heavy favorite to win. Grace starts at six oh one tomorrow and you can watch it on inn DC. That is what's going on in sports journalism.
Speaker 7: Journalism was the favorite win the Derby. He came up short.
Speaker 1: Did broadcasting not make the cut?
Speaker 8: Sovereigntys who knocked on just other really means if you put them together.
Speaker 7: Sovereignty and journalism free speech.
Speaker 3: But other arts majors is it just journalists?
Speaker 7: Arts will also be running?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good? All right, there we go, Here we go, uh four hours of pain. It's free beer Friday.
Speaker 3: Our first phone call will be our first beer winner today.
Speaker 1: All right, strap yourselves in, kids, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Here we go, Here we go Love, starting out with the Metallica Today. Bam Friday, you got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Leslie?
Speaker 1: Leslie? You're calling number ten? Come ye third?
Speaker 3: You were calling for beer, right, yes, I was calling? All right, all right, just making sure making sure we know what we're doing here. Yeah, I've got the first case of bear. Uh it's going to you daddy. Oh, presented by Specs.
Speaker 1: Where are you from, Leslie? What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: I'm a welder. We get up early. Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Do too hot in the afternoon.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we were just talking about I said I got some friends that are that are welders and they can't walk by two bonded pieces of metal without critiquing the Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, it's my dad and he's like, you can't buy that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if it could be some cheap bicycle somewhere and they look at like, oh god, look at that.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't. It's kind of a sickness.
Speaker 3: You can't help yourself when you see a well, do you have to look at it? Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's so I'm gonna put you on the spot here.
Speaker 3: I do have a poll question up this morning, Leslie, and I don't know. I send a bunch of stories over to to Moe in the morning, which whatever you find interesting to do, and then.
Speaker 1: If you find something else, do it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was crazy twenty five percent of people that make one hundred thousand dollars more have a second job, side side hustle to make that job. So I was kind of curious what our listeners do if how many people have a side hustle. If I was to ask you the poll question, Leslie, how many jobs do you have that bring in money? I'm not talking about you know, like, hey, I watch the kids and I do all of this.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of unpaid things that we all do, right, But how many jobs do you have that bring in money?
Speaker 1: Leslie?
Speaker 6: Do you have them?
Speaker 1: You have two jobs with a side hustle, So you welder? And then what else do you do?
Speaker 2: I'm a welder.
Speaker 1: I have my own business too.
Speaker 2: I deal with a couple of clients.
Speaker 1: Ah. So you got a side welding gig. Good for you, and my garage good for you? Good for you? All right, I'll put you down for two. About I'll put you down for two.
Speaker 3: About eleven percent of our audience says they've got two jobs. Eighty two percent just the one. I mean, not everybody works. Three percent of our audience doesn't work. Three percent of our audience has more than two.
Speaker 1: It's early, Leslie.
Speaker 3: It is don't burn yourself, Okay, I'll try not today.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Do you have a burn yourself every day? Like God? It's like Indians happened?
Speaker 3: Do you have cool stickers and stuff on your welding mask?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, whatever was on it when I bought it, Hick.
Speaker 1: Rod, you need a sticker. I know the Rod Ryan Show we have stickers.
Speaker 4: You have stickers, Yeah, we have Leslie a sticker with his beer.
Speaker 1: Leslie, you should have stickers on your welding mask.
Speaker 2: I will ask for a sticker when I come get my my beer.
Speaker 1: Hi, brother, I'll put one at the desk for you. All right, hang on for me, Leslie. It works like that.
Speaker 3: You call, we give you beer. We're gonna do it again. At seven eight nine, I gotta take a break. We're busy today. We're busy today. Kenny the cash Man, I know he's up. I know he's up. He's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head after the break.
Speaker 10: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody, Free beer Friday. We've got the welder. He's got the first case of beer. Beer's out the door. We'll have another one for you straight up.
Speaker 1: At seven eight and nine.
Speaker 3: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy ninety four.
Speaker 1: The rest of the week is gonna be this hot.
Speaker 3: Nineties, low nineties for Saturday and Sunday with partly cloudy skies. I think those clouds are gonna save us just a little bit. But again, low chances of rain all weekend, low nineties, pretty good looking weekend. JEEP weekend is going on Greek Festival. It's the one on Eldridge though it's on the west.
Speaker 1: Side of Houston, h not the one in town.
Speaker 3: I used to live on that one, and that one's getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: The food is so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Greek Trust on Eldridge is is a pretty big deal that's going on this weekend as well. Alex, what's trending.
Speaker 8: Let's go with the funnest thing. Obviously, it's James Comey, That's what's trending. FBI former FBI director took down an Instagram post. This is what I found in the five minutes that I looked up. He apparently took down an Instagram post that people were saying could have.
Speaker 7: Been seen as a threat to President Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Oh. He used like some kind of code numbers like get rid of Trump.
Speaker 1: Eighty six forty seven.
Speaker 7: That's the numbers, right, get rid of it number yep. Okay, all right, well people talk about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else?
Speaker 8: Deonce also trending because a crazy thunderstorm delayed and then just soaked concert goers at her concert last night at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I heard that's some wicked weather there.
Speaker 8: There's like tornado warnings all around the stadium. But yeah, the videos looks kind of crazy. And then Nuggets Thunder trending. The Nuggets did beat the Thunder last night one nineteen to one oh seven, and they forced a game seven in that second round SVS.
Speaker 7: And people are talking about that this morning.
Speaker 1: That's just training.
Speaker 7: At ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 11: This is eight time Hall of Famer Kenny de Cashmu don't listen to Rod. I always wait my thirty days to get back in here, do you. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day chimp. Join me on free Beer Friday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 3: This is seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. If you can beat Kenny, it's Rod Ryan's Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Better what I'm drugging on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four.
Speaker 3: Five The Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers with black Summer part the Claudis Guys ten percent chance of rain high ninety four has got it what you're gonna get all weekend long.
Speaker 1: It's six twenty eight. Let's play a game.
Speaker 12: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to your.
Speaker 3: Corners, Kenny, who claims to all I always wait thirty days before he gets back on to play at least the minimum.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kenny, good lord.
Speaker 3: It is impressive when you say you're an eight time Hall of Famer. That's a lot of Hall of Fame appearances.
Speaker 1: Bro, I've been stuck an eight for a long term. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the Birdman says he's gonna put a stop to.
Speaker 1: It right now.
Speaker 3: Birdman, welcome back to the game. Scotty knows right here. Birdman, you've been in the Hall of Fame, yeah times, three time Hall of Famer. Well, if anybody thought we were just going to glide into the weekend nice and easy, nothing could be further from the truth. This is gonna be a hell of a game, Kenny and Birdman, you're playing for. Chili has been either in it just the best mood ever. He has put concert tickets in there every single day. Today mud vein Static X October thirteenth by You Music Center. Tickets on sale now ticket Master location. Winner of today's matchup gets the tickets and an invitation to play with us on Monday. Kenny I know you're ready, birdman. You ready to do this?
Speaker 1: When was the last time you played? Last time was also April first, April first?
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back, birdman. Kenny, you're gonna yell Scott?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, okay, just letting no mo know what to listen to. Yes, there comes most questions.
Speaker 3: Question number one, what do you get when you freeze water? This tie?
Speaker 1: Holy crap, we could be here a while.
Speaker 3: That was a tie ice. Next question, what color.
Speaker 1: Do you get when you mix blue? Kenny?
Speaker 3: Kenny went way early. Go ahead, son of a bitch. That's a correct answer.
Speaker 1: He got it. I don't even know that.
Speaker 3: I got blue fully out of my mouth when you said your name, Kenny. The complete question is what color do you get when you mix blue and yellow?
Speaker 1: Green is the correct answer. What else can you mix with? Blue? And red? Would get your purple purple? Blue and white would be light blue? Yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Well, if you were thinking of a future question, don't do that. We'll get killed for that. Kenny has one.
Speaker 1: You're right, birdman, he went way early on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Next question, okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: What city is the capital?
Speaker 9: Kenny?
Speaker 3: Scott birdman, Washington, DC, going to America, not going America? Not going America today?
Speaker 1: Birdman?
Speaker 3: What city is the capital of Texas?
Speaker 1: Kenny? Austin Winner? I was right there too.
Speaker 9: Is it pretty close?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: That's kind of.
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: The Birdman got in way early, Kenny. Were you going DC as well? If you would have gotten through first, I.
Speaker 9: Would have probably went Austin. I didn't know what station's going with right right?
Speaker 3: I think you just brought up Austin in the headlines. Are they the number one place for barbecue on that list?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Birdman, good to have you on ye.
Speaker 1: All right later, Kenny, what's up?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 3: Got mud Vang Static X tickets coming your way? That's win number two. We're going to invite you back on Monday for win number three. You down with all of that absolutely nice game, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: All right, one ad Empire upon Empire on the Buzz, Hey.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky scree beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Hope you're off to a great start. Thank you for being up dark and early with us.
Speaker 3: A little bit more manageable weatherwise this weekend. I see low nineties if ninety four is low nineties.
Speaker 1: I guess today is the high ninety three ninety one all week in long, low chances of rain, the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody is this is eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the pass me.
Speaker 9: No one pumpe jump for me. So sorry, not join me on Monday when I make it number three bitches?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean Burdman's good too. We kind of destroyed m I looked at most question sheet. They destroyed that. Yeah, oh my god, you'd be working on that all weekend. I'll speaking of the weekend. I know it's not you. I can do it.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Who has six picks? Is it your turn? Did you think? Okay, I don't care. I don't care. I step going on. You're excited. Okay, he's got stuff going on. Alex has six picks, and then I'll go next weekend. Okay, I don't know when you buzz fast, so you can just kind of a world day weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of those. We might all bring in our favorite six picks and that means you to.
Speaker 7: Do it in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do that too. Okay, so let's just say it.
Speaker 3: So Chilli has two weeks to be miserable and yell at me.
Speaker 1: Three weeks, He'll be yelling at me for three weeks.
Speaker 3: Alex has six picks this weekend, and then Buzzfest. We'll all bring in six picks from Buzzfest. You know, well, maybe you have some friends out there, you met some people, the bands, whatever. Everybody will produce six picks from the weekend for a buzz Fast weekend, and then.
Speaker 1: I'll do the six picks after that. Okay, it sounds good. We should meet after the show sometimes and just do some of this so that the listeners don't have to hear this play around.
Speaker 9: All right, it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny. Everybody's it's the fun back to the day, all right. Brought in some fun facts. There's Hell, Hey, Hell, Hey, Ridney, are you going to Busfest? I will be there aheah.
Speaker 3: Hell used to photograph Buzzfest like you be down there in the pit. You have four cameras hanging off them. I mean the opening band, he's all sweaty. He is the run because you had to run from the side stage the main stage.
Speaker 1: That was when I mean, it was a long time ago.
Speaker 14: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: We'll do it again, all right. Let me know if you uh, if you knew this. Hell, this is my first fun fact today. Most of Steve's steve jobs early wealth came from Disney and not Apple. So when Disney acquired Pixar from him in two thousand and six, he got seven point four percent of Disney, which at the time was four point four billion dollars, he only had two point one billion from Apple money. So Disney guy in his early wealth sori air Let's stay with the Let's stay with the jobber. The design of Apple's earbuds was inspired by the look of the stormtroopers in Star Wars WHOA Probably you probably looked at those and had a hunch you were right. Final fun fact for you today. Until the nineteen seventies, insurance companies had vending machines at airport ticket counters. They sold life insurance policies in the event of a pla plane crash.
Speaker 1: That's neat that went on in the seventies. How does it make me feel good?
Speaker 9: No, it's got fuck that to.
Speaker 1: The day we make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the fuck back to the day. A lot of people bought that. Really. Did you hear that one before? Well? I vaguely remember it. It was it was it was like a few dollars. That is you feeling a little nervous. You just put some money on the vending machine.
Speaker 14: And it's like a lottery ticket. You know, probably not going to go down, but if you do, you're gonna be dead.
Speaker 3: It just seems to be promoting that what you're about to do might not turn out. Well, it's crazy. I have a pair of tickets to the sold out buzz FESTIV, which we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: It's going down next Saturday. We'd love to party with you. It's your fun.
Speaker 3: A striped animal can never have this tail. I'm not going to tell you the first half because it'll be too obvious. Then a striped animal can never have this tail. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, there's our money guy. Smells like money too. How you do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Clean money, clean money? Yeah, money's dirty.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 14: It was a mixed day on Wall Street. The Dow is up two hundred and seventy one points. Kick off this morning at forty two three hundred and twenty two. Nastak down thirty four to nineteen thousand, one hundred and twelve. The ten year Treasury is trading at a four point four percent in oil sends sixty one dollars ninety eight cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Cisco, Amgen, and Coca Cola. The big duds United Health, Amazon, and Walt Disney. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on building permits, also housing starts for April right now. Futures looking good on the upside. Hang on to this will be a puzzle opening right here at Wall Street. That's it, Amanda. Here, this is how Alan manager director with Raem James, reporter for the Rod Ryan Show, from Amy James on Saint Felipe and then Gusta dot Tolways rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates, Dan Come imber NYC as, IBC, I art Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program as are educational and informational purposes. On linkistos, the duds are based on movement as reported by Young Im.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, rod Ryan Show ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: We got Tyler on the phone. Tyler, Hey, man, I want to party with you at Buzzfest. Don't f this up. A striped animal can never have this tale.
Speaker 1: What is the answer? Body? Where you did not mess that up? Tyler.
Speaker 3: We're gonna party with you Buzzfest next Saturday, the Woodlands Pavilion. The whole thing, the whole fun fact yesterday was a spotted animal can have a striped tail. A striped animal can never.
Speaker 1: Have a spotted tale.
Speaker 3: Congratulations man, We'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 8: We looking forward to I Am two now Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio, Houston's.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alternative twenty four or five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan show three eleven just played here. Chili went he said it was Oh wait a minute, Chili didn't go.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 1: He couldn't make that show. The people that did go to the show said that it was fantastic, And there were some of.
Speaker 3: You that told me that you saw three eleven, which blows my mind. They've been around forever. Many people told me they saw three eleven for the very first time. But yeah, the drum thing everything, they're so great live Chili on the other hand, he's a busy guy. What had happened was partly Cloudi's guys today, ten percent chance of rain high ninety four.
Speaker 1: We're going to be in the lower nineties this weekend. Partly cloudy.
Speaker 3: Lots going on in town and in out of town, like your lead story today.
Speaker 1: Good morning, mo. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, there's a new sheriff in town and that means new rules and regulations for JEEP weekend on Bolivar Peninsula this weekend. So the number of attendees is close to one hundred thousand people, which is insane, right, they need to do something. The Gaveston County Sheriff's Office wants to keep everyone safe. They're saying the beaches are open. But on the beach there's no parking or stopping. You can't stop to unload. There's no golf carts ATVs or dirt bikes, no mass gatherings, no glass, no camping, and no open containers.
Speaker 3: That was the whole deal of going down there, partying with your friends, get all your jeep buddies together, You get out of your jeep.
Speaker 1: Pot them on, your show them on.
Speaker 3: You park on top of each other's tires. I don't really know that what that's about, but I've been down there before. I'm telling you it was fun to be had, okay. And every time we do this story, yes, I will take some crap. Well, Rod, people want to come at me from well when I go down there, I don't.
Speaker 1: Do any of that. I bet you don't, and you're not the one on the news. And I bet the people that listen to the Rod Ryan Show don't do that stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, But those Deanan Rodge listeners, but they're the problem, Okay, they're the ones that act a fool. You can't deny the numbers that come out of these weekends. There are problems, well, Rob there's problems everywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: People really defend this weekend that go and love it, and it sucks that. I think it is a small amount of people that ruin it for everybody. Yeah, I've been down there. I had a good time.
Speaker 1: You lifestyle, it's fun.
Speaker 3: It was probably the most rednecky thing I've ever done, but I had a great time. I drove my jeep down there and it was great. I just didn't camp and do all of that, you know, so I did. I didn't act a fool as you put on your jeep. I didn't have any flags on my g I wasn't hanging stars and bars or any of that.
Speaker 1: It just but it was fun. I loved it, right, And it's a beautiful area and you're walking around, You're looking at all the jap that's the point. It's like a car show on a beach. You know.
Speaker 7: It's cool, but cool tattoo.
Speaker 3: But they have really cracked down. It doesn't seem like it's gonna be much fun at.
Speaker 1: All this year. Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Also headline this morning, a former FBI director, James Comy, is under investigation for a potential threat against the president.
Speaker 1: He posted a picture on Instagram.
Speaker 4: It's seashells arranged to form the numbers eighty six forty seven, and he captioned it cool shell formation on my beachwalk. Of course, the posts sparked outrage amongst Trump supporters because eighty six is sling for get rid of in forty seven is the president right now, the forty seventh president.
Speaker 1: And then immediately people fly off the handle and say it's a threat.
Speaker 4: Right, So the Secret Service, FBI are investigating. He deleted the post. He said he is a post to any violence. We'll see where the investigation goes. All right, we have a poll up on the X at Rod Ryan Show. We want to know where you stand because twenty five percent of people that are making one hundred thousand dollars or more have a side hustle just to get by.
Speaker 3: I got a guy here working at three different fire departments. He is a full time firefighter, and he's like, Rod, I have three. I have two side hustles. And we talked to the welder today. He said I count as too. He was a welder by trade full time. Then he also does side gigs out of his garage. This guy full time firefighter, part time firefighter at another department and a part time as a paramedic at another department.
Speaker 1: That's what he's doing to get by goosebumps.
Speaker 3: People are working side jobs. My question this morning was specifically, how many jobs do you have that bring in money? Seventy six percent of our audience just one job, twenty percent of our audience, two three percent have more than two and one percent of our own doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's It was an interesting study and the numbers of people don't fluctuate. Whether people are making twenty thousand or two hundred thousand, twenty five percent of all those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what is.
Speaker 3: What I saw was if if you make one hundred thousand dollars a year, if you're lucky enough to be in that category, twenty five percent of those people do it with two jobs. So that's what that was the number that I saw that. I thought it was really interesting and that's why I put the pole question up.
Speaker 1: So, I mean hard work. I want a side hustle, but I don't know what I'm good at.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 1: You're juggling two kids, toddlers. We don't get paid for that.
Speaker 4: Rap, correct, But I'm saying it's hard to give way. Do people find time like this firefighter? How is he ever seeing his family?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's working all the time. Okay, can we talk about Diddy police?
Speaker 3: I guess because we haven't talked about it all week. It's been trending all week. We know that P Diddy trial is on casting, has been on stage, yes, or has been on the stand.
Speaker 1: All right, friend, it's just it's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 4: But you know what I did the dirty for you. I read every detail for research purposes only.
Speaker 1: So highlights, low lights.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 1: She's eight and a.
Speaker 4: Half months pregnant on the stand reading text messages between her and Diddy, And all I could think about the whole time was the intern at the lawyer's place that had to read eleven years of text messages to pick out these horrible ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they do. So we heard earlier in the week all of the horrible things that she said.
Speaker 3: Diddy made her do correct cross examination his lawyers. They went through her text messages and she talked about how much she loved him and she loved doing freak offs. And you know there's there's messages that say this, she said she sent those under duress. I mean, the thing that I think hit me was when you said Diddy's kids are attending the trial in the court, right, and they're kind of in and out at certain times. I mean, and his parent, right, Like, I don't want to know, like what a freak my dad was in the bedroom with all the freak I mean, I mean, I'm sure my dad did some freaky things, not like Diddy.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know. In the hotel video, they keep showing that over and over.
Speaker 1: I understand the family being there for support, but get those kids out of there.
Speaker 4: Testimony in the trial continues today. I'm fully invested on how they make it all. Look, let's talk about the rock band I Prevail. They announced yesterday they're parting ways with their co vocalist, Brian Berkheiser. The band shared a statement saying it was a tough choice, they believe it was the right one. It was a mutual decision, and they thanked Brian for his ten years with the band. They didn't say why they split, but they promised they're going to keep making music. Is there like some tea here that they're not talking about when you.
Speaker 3: Say mutual decision, it sounds like it was mutually. The four remaining members were all mutually agreed about it. Usually the guy that's getting booted, he's not going on, he's not agreeing.
Speaker 1: But I really don't know the ins and outs of this band. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Alex.
Speaker 8: The Assos thought of the Rangers last night, one to nothing. Hunter Brown gave up just one run on three hits over eight solidening's work. We couldn't get any run support. Astros are going to play the Rangers again tonight. Nance McCullers will be on the mound for the Shrows going up against the Rangers. Nate Evaldi first pitches at seven oh five. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. In the NBA Playoffs, the Nuggets beat the Thunder one nineteen to one oh seven to fourse of Game seven in that series. And in golf, it's Day two of the PGA Championship at Quail Valley in Charlotte, North Carolina. Johnny Vegas is the current leader at seven hundred par In horse racing, the one hundred and fiftieth Preakness Stakes.
Speaker 7: Is tomorrow in Baltimore, Maryland, Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Derby Winter Sovereignty will not be competing in the Preakness, so we will not have a triple crown winner this year. Derby runner up Journalism is the heavy favorite to win. The race starts at six oh one tomorrow. You can watch it on NBC. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 15: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 5: The Buzz Bam Friday's free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: He got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam brod.
Speaker 5: Bam Friday. Right, Bam Fridayam Friday.
Speaker 1: Friday. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's giggling over there? Who's hey, giggles? I'm talking to you.
Speaker 7: Oh hey, what's up right?
Speaker 3: I can hear you laughing on the phone. I'm like, hey, hello, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Your color?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 1: Dude? Yeah, there's something to giggle about.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you the second case of beer today.
Speaker 1: Carlos Ghost, Where are you from? You son? Way to go, dude. Congratulations you're up early for what reason?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, how many jobs do you have that bring in money?
Speaker 1: True, you do? You have a sight hustle? Can you talk? Just work my time out.
Speaker 3: And then so part time at AutoZone. Is that where you're headed today or where you're going to your main gig?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: My full time right now? Okay, all right, Carlos, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your beers, dude, have an awesome weekend. I sure well leave a little time for play.
Speaker 1: It don't work all the time, right, drink those beers, oh for sure? Alright, my man, hang on for me.
Speaker 2: That's our whole question this.
Speaker 3: Morning, asking about side hustles. I guess you got a word it specifically, what jobs do you do that bring in money? We all do other jobs, Okay, I mean I swift for my floors. I don't get paid for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your Okay. I gotta clean my house.
Speaker 3: I don't get paid for that, making my kids bed, throwing a little hey auto something for that.
Speaker 1: There's no money coming in for that stuff. Wouldn't that be nice? Awesome?
Speaker 6: Rich?
Speaker 1: If I got paid just per load of laundry. Okay, I don't know how I feel like I'm doing for the Brady bunch. It's like every day that Sucker's going and taking out the trash. How do we have so much trash?
Speaker 3: Picking up Voodoo's loads in the front all right, ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of ninety four. It's National Barbecue Day. It is okay, so we are talking about that. You're not gonna no one, We still put it up. You're not gonna be happy. We were not named as even a top ten barbecue city in this particular poll.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that because that's the one that they published.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And people like to hate watch things and hate read things, mostly Alex. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Specific Alex has told me, he goes, dude, if you're crazy, If you don't post this, people are gonna be so mad. He's so so excited about that. I don't get it, Like, oh my god, people are gonna be so mad today.
Speaker 1: I love it. Of course we're a top ten barbecue place. Yes, Oh no, I'm starving nothing about it.
Speaker 17: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Now it's also mimosa Day. What what's the ingredients of a mimosa? What? There's only one ingredient?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Champagne? And that's all orange juice that makes it a.
Speaker 3: It's not called a glass of champagne a whiff, yeah, okay, droplet?
Speaker 1: What do you call champagne? And cranberry juice?
Speaker 4: It's probably got a fancy name. I call it like a cranberry mimosa. They do lots of juices.
Speaker 1: It has apple. What's the name?
Speaker 7: It's a flower?
Speaker 1: Right? It is a flower. You're getting close christmasy. Okay, that's how I say it. Point setia? Who says that? Waiters?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Point SETI? I'm like, where is that extra little deal? Where's that extra deal? Been my whole life?
Speaker 1: I would slow blink so fast? What is it called? You already mentioned it?
Speaker 3: What is it called when you substitute pineapple for the orange juice?
Speaker 1: That's my favorite?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 1: What's it called? What do you order a pineapple mimosa?
Speaker 16: What is it?
Speaker 1: Solo?
Speaker 7: So l e I L solar so.
Speaker 4: Probably it's it's probably why I call it a pineapplesa because I don't want to sound like a dummy.
Speaker 3: What do you what do you call it when you use grapefruit juice instead of orange juice?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: These all have names.
Speaker 3: You know this, guys, it's a It's a megmosa, meg meg moosa and lemonade instead of orange juice with your champagne is called alemosa.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. I mean, do you guys ever leave the house.
Speaker 3: Lemon I don't know champagne, but I'm not going out with you because I'll be embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Don't sound like a champagne. Get the one with grapefruit juice in this. You know, I don't know any of those names. I found it weird that the waiter was saying points setia. That is weird.
Speaker 3: Oh mad quick break when we come back, Wreck Check alex So tell us what's trending and the and we've got tickets to go see Ghosts.
Speaker 15: Stay with us, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Come on, all right, welcome back everybody. Something that's been bugging me for about an hour?
Speaker 1: Now, what's wrong? I thought that I had six picks this weekend, and I'm you know, and I don't complain about it. I'm like, okay, six pics.
Speaker 7: I just volunteered because I have something going on.
Speaker 1: That's what's been bothering me.
Speaker 3: What are you doing that's so great that you want to take six picks that you want to rub it in our faces at your life.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying I'm gonna rub it anybody thinks. I'm just like sometimes you have six picks and you have nothing planned that weekend, and you're like, I don't I just like the manufacturers.
Speaker 1: What are we going to see on Monday that your life is so much better than I.
Speaker 8: I'm going to be camping on the field of the Space Cowboys Constellation field tonight.
Speaker 1: What you're a camper? If not a camper, all I've ever heard you talk about is campaign. Thank you. I didn't tell you about camping. Yes, he goes camping all the time, twice a year. No more than that. You're a I have on gaming more than that, But like, okay, but tell me about the Space Cowboys. My niece is in the Scouts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they are going to the game tonight and then afterwards we're camping there, so staying all night, yeah, until like seven morning.
Speaker 1: He's so cool.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty We like not to bring like steaks for the tents or anything because we got to take care of the field. But I got a cool new tent for for her and I and my wife don't.
Speaker 1: Stay in a steakless. Steakless has steaks I'm just not going to use them. Worried about the weather at all.
Speaker 3: I mean it's open air, right, Constellation Field's supposed to be nice weather.
Speaker 1: Wait, and your pregnant wife is going to sleep.
Speaker 8: And yeah, just because it was it's my niece, so I felt like it might be weird if it was like me.
Speaker 1: And so that's awesome, Okay, so cute. I'm jealous. That's absolutely.
Speaker 7: I get a baseball game I get to do.
Speaker 8: That's my mom's birthday today, so that it's like, that's if I just do two of those.
Speaker 1: I jumped on six picks, all right. Sometimes you're gonna have picks, all right. You're trending Alex for six picks on Monday. Yeah, and gonna be rubbing it in our faces. His life is so much better than ours.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying.
Speaker 8: What is currently trending Kim Middleton's birthday, Happy birthday mom, love you, Happy birthday mom. Fanny Friday is trending Kristen too Sweet was submitted to us by crane operator Josh. And if you go over to the world famous Rod Ryan showpage to the buzz dot com, I think you'll like what you see. That's Friday to Fanny Friday. Yeah good, then Michael Jordan's trending. I saw this earlier this week, but I guess it's made official now. He's joining NBC as a special uh as a special contributor for their NBA coverage and starting next season, that's gonna be kind of cool. I think you should also have an MJ's gambling segment every single time, because I know he's gonna be putting a little money on that uh PGA championship is training his day too, a quill hollow in North Carolina right now, and Jonathan Vegas is the leader still at seven hundred part.
Speaker 7: That's what's trending on ninety five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 3: I know Chili's got to answer the phones because I'm gonna give away ghost tickets right now. But I have it on pretty good authority that there might be some new orthodics involved over there.
Speaker 1: Oh and I am g yeah, yeah, yeah, I have not gotten on here. He has kind of skipped this hole.
Speaker 3: Jumping around segment for some day for some weeks now, Bro, I want to see those orthotics off the ground.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I can, Bro, it might bring the whole.
Speaker 1: Let's find out mode. Did he walk in?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 3: Almost like an admission of guilt.
Speaker 4: Like, guys, He's like, before you say anything.
Speaker 1: I have orthotics.
Speaker 9: I finally broke down, Bro, break down.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: He's got old man shoes. They look awesome.
Speaker 9: It feels like I'm walking and collecting right now.
Speaker 3: Well, then you can join us for this segment that has become a new tradition here on The Rod Ryan Show. So let me TCB Ghost Tickets, Skeletor World Tour August sixteenth, Toyota Center, Chili at Chair.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's put those new shoes to work right now.
Speaker 9: In my mind, I'm picturing myself jumping right now, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: To his Oh hey, he's doing that from the chair.
Speaker 1: Everyone can see you on YouTube right now.
Speaker 9: That's a chair dancing bro jump.
Speaker 3: Around ninety four five the buzz ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that son of a bitch get out of his chair, but he was. I did not working in his chair. He's up there, he is working those new shoes. Dude, dude, he missed it, orthotics.
Speaker 9: I was jumping, dude, are you missing over here? You didn't feel it over there?
Speaker 1: I didn't feel it.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're gonna be in the new cast of Cocoon twenty twenty five guys and the old guys with their orthonics on. Hey, they're comfortable.
Speaker 1: High Dude.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm preparing. I was breaking them in today so I can be ready for bus list. I'm preparing.
Speaker 1: If I see you now, have you looked? Just be honest. I saw what is it? I know how he was doing it, how He from uh Fox Sports, how We Long.
Speaker 3: But I also they must love Howies because I saw Howie Mandel also pushing those sketchers.
Speaker 1: You don't have to bend over entire shoes the sick. If I see you with.
Speaker 3: Sketcher slippings before you're fifty, we're gonna have a talk.
Speaker 1: I was already wear the Sketchers.
Speaker 9: And I wear my regular shoes, the art support ones. You know, those are the ones I wear. I've been putting off those Hollie ones because they're a little bit too too prizing for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was early.
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw that those Holkahs when they came out, Oh yeah, I jumped on it.
Speaker 1: I jumped on a pair immediately.
Speaker 3: And then I think those became old people's shoes quickly, Like I never saw something move so fast. They became like the new balance, you know, like the old guys at the grill. Do you guys think hulkas are hulkas old people's shoes.
Speaker 1: A lot of nurses wear them. Es know the fashion, they know what's come for ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, there's no water bottles, right, I mean, there's no way to not sound like an old man because I'm old.
Speaker 1: But I like those real fixed soles.
Speaker 7: But I stopped with that, you like old soles, So.
Speaker 3: Then I went to, like, give me the thickest on clouds. Maybe I can like slide through life with those. And then the Brooks, I'm like, give me the thickest the Brooks shoes I wear, Like, give me the absolute most cushiony ones.
Speaker 1: Oh I get this.
Speaker 3: I feel like the hulkos became old man shoes.
Speaker 1: They're there so quick.
Speaker 10: YEA.
Speaker 1: Mall walkers they became just because they're good walking shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who walks in them all? A lot of people would go to the mall that's hot.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 9: All you see them older people doing speed walking?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you go all right, it's good for your joints.
Speaker 3: Let me go over to the phones here, Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: Oh got your color?
Speaker 1: Ten? Congratulations?
Speaker 9: Is the biggest golf fan ever?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is Leah?
Speaker 3: So where does I guess? It determines how it means, how old she is? Does she get to go take a friend?
Speaker 1: Or are you going with her? I'm going with her?
Speaker 9: Stress up too, I just dropped her off in high school. She would be his official junior in a week.
Speaker 1: Man, that is so awesome night.
Speaker 3: It's it's calls like this that I always remember all the times that my mom called the cool radio station to win me tickets when.
Speaker 6: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you guys ever go to a show together? Never happened?
Speaker 15: Never?
Speaker 1: Okay, you weren't as lucky as all that. Now, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: If she tells me all the time, I need to call on the way to school, see you guys every day, It's like, call cal Alia.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna get through, am I Now?
Speaker 5: I just dropped her off right now, and I'm like, I'm gonna call.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Olga, what's your daughter's name? Leah?
Speaker 3: Olga and Leah are gonna go to the show together. There's gonna be some great mother daughter bonding. Now, are you familiar with their music at all? Or she's just got the headphones on and you don't get to hear it.
Speaker 2: No, we we get to hear it.
Speaker 9: I mean we have a shared listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get to hear it.
Speaker 9: So yes, Oh my god, I like some songs. I'm like, oh my god, she loves Papa, she drenches up. Oh my gosh, it's ultimate, Ben.
Speaker 1: This is awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy that you won today, Olga. Thanks for being on the show.
Speaker 16: And I love you guys.
Speaker 1: I love you when I meet it, when I say it. Have a great time at the show. Okay, okay, thank you, thank you. It's free. Deer Friday always dreaking on the club. Yeah, I guess I do a Ron Ryan show on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Olga.
Speaker 4: Before that, I am nothing in love with her and I can't stop thinking about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was really really fun.
Speaker 3: Although you had great energy this morning, and I liked your story and you and your daughter.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys have the best time and help. You texted her right now. It's cool and she's freaking out right, Yes, I love it? Or do you wait? Oh and see your face?
Speaker 6: Do you do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and then I do think you hold them over your daughter's head. You better clean your room. The car will be spotless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's car washing, there's picking up the dog poop, there's bowing lawns, there's everything. I mean, Olga, use those tickets, Okay, use those tickets. That kid should be working from the minute she gets home from school until the sun goes down around the house Holdly you shouldn't have the vacuum or Dustomer.
Speaker 1: Man that shows not till august'n.
Speaker 3: Yeah, till August. That kid's doing every chore in the house. Yeah, all right, you want to go to sea Ghosts? All right, here's a list start now.
Speaker 1: Good morning, guys. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Another case of be you're.
Speaker 3: Coming your way straight up at eight o'clock and nine o'clock open phones Friday. Cannot wait, jeep weekend you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about that?
Speaker 3: Alex has taking six picks this weekend. He's got a lot going on. So he kind of volunteered. I've done this in years past and it hasn't really worked out. Is there anybody that is going to Jeep Weekend? Do you want to be the official official photographer? I would love for you to share some pictures, and I would love to speak for Chili and his orthotics right now to say we'd love to put pictures up on our website on Monday. If you are going to JEP Weekend. It's been pretty quiet as far as people talking. I haven't heard from one person that's going.
Speaker 1: None of your Jeep people. I've heard jeepers that are saying rot. I haven't gone to this thing in years.
Speaker 3: You know, I love my Jeep. Even Adams like Rod, I love my Jeep. I'm glad they're putting all these restrictions on this thing. It needs to be shut down. I don't know how I feel about it. I've gone to it and I had a great time at it. It's just hard to deny those numbers. There's some trouble. There's some trouble at this thing, and I can tell you the community there doesn't want it. I had a great time when I went. Did I see trouble when I was there, No, I didn't. I was also at the Woodstock that they burned down. I had a good time at that. I had a great time at that Woodstock. People ask me, what's the best concert You've ever been to? The Woodstock that they burned it down. Really, that was the best concert I've ever been to. That was the greatest lineup of music. Wow, there was fun to be had. And I think that with Jeep weekend, there's most people don't get in trouble, most people don't cause trouble, and there's always.
Speaker 1: Going to be trouble at mass gatherings.
Speaker 3: For some reason, the Jeep people field, they're getting picked on with their weekend, And okay, I understand that. So if there's anybody going down there that wants to take pictures for us and share those, I just haven't heard from anybody that's going, But I know most talking about it because boy, they have slapped every restriction on this thing. They are trying to make this thing the least fun event of all time. So I know you'll be talking about that coming up in just a little bit. The web pages that you guys are looking at right now, the blog pages that you're looking at, the Fanny Friday is number one.
Speaker 1: Number two. Is Tommy Lee headed for divorce? Do you know anything about Tommy Lee's current wife.
Speaker 3: No, she's much younger, shocking, She's an influencer naturally, very pretty and big boobies.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the problem. She does some stand up comedy. I don't know if you've ever seen that.
Speaker 3: She gets up on stage with the mic and the cord and everything with the with the show, with the barstool, no improv out. She gets up on stage and does she She bounces around to a bunch of different podcasts. She has enough followers where I think she monetizes it, so she's got her own money. But I think Tommy's partying. I think Tommy's I think he's back to drinking a lot. She left him, she's she's available, Tommy's available. I don't know what they're available, but she left Tommy Lee. That's the lead story on the Looking at Girls blog page right now. So if you you know, looking at pictures is always a great thing, but there's always some articles on there. Him and the wife are split right now, reportedly because of Tommy's drinking. That's headlining the Looking at Girls blog.
Speaker 15: Page Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz five Good Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Most convinced they're swearing in that song that we're getting away with something here.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's the radio edit. What yes?
Speaker 3: Are you sure you thinking you're hearing something there?
Speaker 1: Huh, I'm gonna look it up. Okay, Well, good morning. I hope you're off to an awesome start to your day.
Speaker 3: We're coming up in the halfway point. That means more beer Volbeat tickets for you. Next hour they're playing with Hailstorm. We'll have those closer to around eight twenty, and then open phones Friday will sprinkle in some alternative income, A chance to win.
Speaker 1: One thousand dollars will leave you with offspring tickets.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, really, ten percent chance of rain this weekend, partly cloudy skies every day.
Speaker 1: Low nineties. That's what you're gonna get. I got no takers on the jeep weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not hearing of anybody that's going down there for it. It's gonna be packed still, even with all the rules and restrictions. I know you're leading with that with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there's a new sheriff in town, which means there's new rules regulations. It's jeep weekend on Bolivar Peninsula, with the number of attendees close to one hundred thousand. The Goveston County Sheriff's office just wants to keep everyone safe. The beaches are open, but on the beach there's no parking or stopping, not even to unload. There's no golf carts, no ATVs, no dirt bikes, no mass gatherings, no glass, no camping, no open containers, and the speed limit is set to fifteen miles per hour.
Speaker 1: What is this a prison, Alex.
Speaker 4: It's intense, like they really cracking down. But we'll see how it works out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we come in on Monday. Does it cut the attendance in half? What do you think? Who's going to that it cuts it out?
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's half.
Speaker 3: But they have sucked or are you going to go and see if they're really Are they really not going to allow us to park?
Speaker 1: Are they really not going to allow us to gather? Are they they're pivoting like they're going somewhere else. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a great question.
Speaker 3: They had just said that they don't want it, So what they're going to it is just slack a bunch of restrictions on it, and you just hope that nobody shows up.
Speaker 1: I think people will show up despite we'll see the rules.
Speaker 4: Hey, yesterday Walmart announced to their raising prices. And we've all noticed some increases here and there, but Walmart warned the new tariffs part of the US trade war are going to force them to raise prices on many goods, possibly starting later this month. But despite all the concerns, Walmart's US stores saw a four point eight percent growth.
Speaker 1: Well there's two numbers here though that are interesting. There was there was growth, but what was there? There was something that was down. No, oh, the earnings. The earnings were down.
Speaker 4: Yes, so people are still spending money, but Walmart, the company is not earning as much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so shareholders are going to drive that fair.
Speaker 1: They're rich people.
Speaker 4: I saw a couple of my barbecue friends posting that today's National Barbecue Day, right supposed to be the unofficial start of grilling season. We're obviously celebrating because we live in freaking Houston, Texas, Right, mm hm wrong. Yelp just a ranked the top barbecue cities in America. They based it on reviews of barbecue joints. That's what Yelp's all about, right, the top five Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City, Memphis, and Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: That is going to chop some asses.
Speaker 4: Mine included. Okay, we're not even in the top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wrong. I don't even see where we all were. Like what it's like doing a pizza list and not putting New York on it or something. You know, it's like to piss you off, Yelp. I'm mad, I like barbecue. Or are we living in our own bubble thinking ours is great? There's no way as we think it is.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think we're not writing reviews because we know our places and we just know what's good. Okay maybe, and we want to keep them secret. There's a lot of people that like to do that. Don't tell people about my barbecue place because the line's already long and.
Speaker 1: I don't want anyone else going there. People do that with food trucks. They don't like Sharon like their favorite food trucks.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Tom Berger on, the former host of Dancing with the Stars. He was kicked to the curb and I forgot to look into why he was fired.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, will you please?
Speaker 4: Because he was just announced that he's going to be hosting a Shark Week special called Dancing with Sharks. I appreciate the hustle. I don't know what he's been doing since he was fired with Dancing with the Stars, but the show is going to take place on the ocean floor with divers performing choreography with actual sharks.
Speaker 1: You want to know why he was why he was rumored to be let go of Dancing with the Stars. Yes, please tell me, Alex.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when then White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was on Dancing with the Stars, the Spice man.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was Trump's guy.
Speaker 3: I want to say he publicly publicly criticized the show's decision to put him in there, and.
Speaker 1: That's what got him fired.
Speaker 4: Yes, so the drama, it was political, that was me sipping teeth. Sunk Week is a national cultural phenomenon, so good for them.
Speaker 8: Rod.
Speaker 1: What are the chances you see Brad Pitt's new movie called f One. I bet you'll be great. I will, I will see this.
Speaker 4: You're going to see it?
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Ed Sharon leaked a little preview of a song from the movie that he did with Dave Grahl and John Mayer.
Speaker 1: So Mayer's on guitar, yep, Dave's on the drum rolls on drums.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's just it's a bad clip from his Instagram stories, from.
Speaker 1: His stories for it.
Speaker 7: So that's that's why you do all the What do you think though?
Speaker 4: I know there's a lot of Edge Sharon haters, but he's just like friends with everyone in the music industry.
Speaker 1: You said you weren't familiar with the song below that he did. We played that for a while here on this station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had Chris Stapleton and Bruno Mars and it was a flamethrow in rock songs, you can do a lot of things.
Speaker 4: I love that the song is called Drive Naturally, full track reportedly arriving with the film next month.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. All right, we've got this on the music blog page. Before you ask about the travel band on Muslim it's not a band. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I thought that was a band.
Speaker 1: Is not a band, which makes it not a band. But you just called it a band because I'm using your words. You said, you said that.
Speaker 3: Was Melissa McCarthy in the podium and she was rolling around. She was playing Sean Spicer. Yeah, one of the funniest. I don't care what I do, not care what side you're on. That is one of the funniest SNL skits of all times. I mean, that puts Melissa McCarthy in an all time category.
Speaker 1: That was so funny.
Speaker 7: I thought second cliff, not a thirty four second cliff, So I forgot.
Speaker 1: All right, what's going on in sports? The Astros about the Rangers last night? One and that thing?
Speaker 8: Hunter Brown gave up just one run on three hits over eight out innings of work, but couldn't get any run support. You're not gonna win a lot of games like that. Astros play the Rangers again tonight. Lance mccollors have been in the mound for this DRIs going up against the Rangers. Nate Evaldi first pitches at seven oh five. You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven forty kt O H.
Speaker 3: We want Lance McCullers to do well, right, how do you not even your yes? I mean, man, I think extra pressure, right, I know, he's got to really turn it around. I can't imagine what he's feeling going on that mound.
Speaker 1: After that has to be the Rangers. That awful outing he just had. I'm rooting for you, Lance, I am yeah, yeah. Oh well.
Speaker 8: In the NBA Playoffs, the Nuggets beat the Thunder one nineteen to one oh seven to fort of Game seven in that series.
Speaker 1: In golf, it's Day two at the PGA Championship at.
Speaker 8: Quail Hollow or Quail Valley in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Jonathan Vegas is the current leader at seven under par.
Speaker 8: And In horse racing, the one hundred and fiftieth Preakness Stakes.
Speaker 1: Is tomorrow in Baltimore, Maryland, Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Derby Winters Sovereignty is not going to be competing in the Preakness, so he won't have a triple crown winner this year. Derby runner Journalism or Dery Derby Runner up Journalism is the heavy favorite to win. Race starts at six oh one tomorrow and you can watch it on NBC.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten Am the buzz Roder.
Speaker 1: Friday.
Speaker 10: This defriending, give me that baby agains his sear friend brod bro.
Speaker 1: Briday. Come on, I got this be definding give me that baby guess his friend Friday.
Speaker 7: I got you that.
Speaker 1: You yeahdayre bam Friday, free bam.
Speaker 5: Right bam friday' bam Friday and.
Speaker 1: Free bam Friday. Ryan, Yeah, that was your boy. Wow Friday. I think you have a side hustle in your future. I think so too. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? Oh my god? This is Christiana.
Speaker 3: Christiana your caller number ten.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna oh, I'm gonna get you to the third case of beer today. Where are you from. I'm from Galveston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, I know that the Jeep Weekend doesn't go on in Galveston, but a lot of them are to be rolling through there.
Speaker 1: You have a hot take on this Jeep Weekend? Are you ford against it? I mean, go ahead, kind of. I'm kind of mid on it, honestly. I mean it does bring a lot of money into the island. Yes, you know, but the behaviors trying to get some times are a little bit out there. But you know, what Hey, more money for the island. I get it. Now, would you compare? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Let's say we were getting ready and it was lone Star Weekend. Well, I'm going to ask you the same question. Okay, lone Star Weekend's coming up. You live in Galveston. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: I like it because a lot of the bikers we get down here are pretty cool. Yeah, and they got a lot of cool stories.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing with Biker early weekend is that one is like actually stanctioned. I guess of the study, you know, and they have prep and everything. It's controlled chaos. Yeah, exactly, And that's a little bit better loud. But you know what I love with it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we got you on the phone today. Enjoy your beers, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Christiata is like the Chamber of Commerce from Galveston.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 3: I got a guy that's talking the jeep weekend is going on. I don't know, maybe give the highlights or.
Speaker 1: The low lights.
Speaker 3: There's more rules and restrictions on this thing. They have basically just said we don't want you any fun that you had in the past.
Speaker 1: None of that is going to be allowed. The no gathering of people gathering, the no parking on the beach. I guess you can drive through, but what do you keep it moving? The whole thing of driving through is the.
Speaker 3: Get all the different parties that are going on. And there's no mass gatherings, there's no open container. I mean, it seems like you can't do anything.
Speaker 1: What would you do. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess you would just drive through, and you would just keep making a loop and keep driving through like Christmas. But the whole thing of driving through is to show off your your ride in front of all the people.
Speaker 1: You're showing off your ride, but there's nobody parked and gathered Jean Christmas lights. It's like a parade, and no one's going a parade with no one watching.
Speaker 3: You're right, Brent said, Good morning, brother Rod. I currently live in Crystal Beach. From what I know already, there's over four hundred police on the peninsula. They've been pulling people over starting yesterday. They have temporary detention centers set up for when they arrest people, and I think they've done this in years past. Yeah, okay, so this sounds like they've the kind of things that they've.
Speaker 1: Already been doing, and then on Monday we'll get the numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are trailers that can hold people that get arrested for DUIs and whatnot.
Speaker 1: There are way patrol out here already.
Speaker 3: There is obviously Galveston County Sheriffs. I have seen Texas City police here already. This is coming from a guy who's seen.
Speaker 1: This with his eyes.
Speaker 3: Our neighbor owns an RV camp site. They've had people canceling because they heard of the new rules. It's going to be a mess. People are going to be so mad. I feel like it's going to be a mess. I hope they don't take it out on the local businesses and start destroying things when they find out the new rules. If they don't already know, time will tell have a good morning. That's from our friend, our friend Flick Flick. I don't know if this is the last one. If if you can't do any of the fun things that that you go topless, not everybody. That's what it started out is, yeah go topless weekend?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Do you find somewhere else to go but codra?
Speaker 3: But you're pulling that reputation with you and if you want sanctioning like she talked about, like with the Lone Star rally, they get the blessing of the of the of the city, right, you know, who's gonna say, hey, come here, you know. But there were some there were some rebel concert promoters in nineteen sixty nine. They couldn't find a place for their concert and uh and some guy with a big farm said, you could do it here, tell us and they pulled off Woodstock.
Speaker 1: You know, I went off.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people that didn't want that. Yeah, you're right, do you find a new location for it. But the clutch thing is it's that it's being on the water and being you know, that's the whole thing with the jeeps.
Speaker 8: And maybe they take it off road, just drive over the rocks and then they can park on top of each other and make their own eye the jeeps.
Speaker 3: Isn't there isn't there like a Mutters weekend like they do it in the woods.
Speaker 1: Somewhere someone's done somewhere like on a campground or some private plot of land that they do. I don't know, I don't know. It sucks because it was a cool thing that I.
Speaker 3: Went to one time, and it's just I was amazed at the amount of people and the people that I saw while I was there in attendance. Everyone was having a good time. Everyone was having a great time. I didn't see fights. I know that that happens. That happens at all large gatherings. Okay, so JEEP Weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't have anybody going down there to take pictures, but.
Speaker 3: I hope it goes off. I hope it goes well. We will be talking about this on Monday.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: It's your lead story today. There's a good chance of that being your lead story on Monday Day. We'll see how it goes all right, Well, Alex has six picts for the weekend. If anybody's doing this JEEP Weekend, if you wanted to be our photographer down there, I'd love for you to take some pictures and share those with us. On the flip of this break, we'll find out what's trending. We'll get a wrec check, and we'll give you voldby Hailstorm tickets, Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. Rod Ryan Show. Free beer Friday. One case of beer left.
Speaker 3: Thank you specs for the Today straight up at nine o'clock and then we'll flip the phones and we will get into open Phones Friday, where you guys get to rule things.
Speaker 1: Even more than you already do.
Speaker 3: I know Alex is getting ready for the trending segment and I asked him if he saw Bill Belichick floating around, and you said, not a lot. So to be trending, that means everyone's talking about it, which means that nothing great or juicy came out of his interview on Good Morning America Today. Well, the interview has already been out there, and Strahan talked to him. I don't know if they pre recorded it. I guess the head the headline is the girlfriend wasn't on set, and.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what I wanted to know.
Speaker 3: So the interview, right, so the headline is, and like you said, if that's the headline, then that's not trending.
Speaker 1: But she wasn't there.
Speaker 3: So Bill Belichick, I think everyone knows he's got a little chippy that he's been hanging with for a year now, and there's no way stray Hand can't bring it up.
Speaker 13: He has to.
Speaker 3: So he did talk about her doing the business things in his life and she's got nothing to do with North Carolina football. And then Strahan kind of pushed it one more time and said, hey, you know talking specifically about his status with Jordan Hudson, and Belichick was real coy about it. It says we have a good personal relationship. You know, I'm not talking about personal relationships. So he kind of dusted straight hand. But Strahan had to ask, you cannot do an interview with Bill Belichick right now?
Speaker 1: I mean you can't, but really you can't. Yeah, no one's going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You talk about his book, maybe the greatest coach of all time? And hey, what about that little chippy? What's going on with her?
Speaker 1: You have to bring it up.
Speaker 3: So Strahan did, he got in, got out, didn't press.
Speaker 1: But she wasn't there.
Speaker 8: I've said that maybe she's trying to push like a reality show eventually, and that's why she didn't want to give how they met, so then that.
Speaker 1: Could go on that interesting interesting. So that's why is nothing no bombshell came of it. Bill Bella fascinated she wasn't there though, thank you for that. So he's not trending.
Speaker 7: What is sactor?
Speaker 1: What is trending. Tommy Lee is trending. We talked about him a little bit. He and his wife, Brittany Ferlin are separated.
Speaker 8: And then also Royal Lord of Royal's Fame is talking about how she was tripping balls and watched his sex tape with Pam.
Speaker 7: Anderson and thought it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how big that story is. And so he's like trending because they talk you about two things.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the Pam and Tommy? I didn't video? Can we pull it up on our computers through? And you really never seen it?
Speaker 7: He hanks? He hanks the boat Horn movies.
Speaker 4: Really, I mean I've seen pictures, but never like the full feature film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lord the artist. Yes, I thought it was a beautiful love story. I did see that. Well, she's also driven balls, person on drugs. Think something is sweet? Okay, Well they were very much in love. I'll say that. There's no doubt about that when they filmed that. What else?
Speaker 8: Fanny Friday continues to trends in two suite submitted to us by crane operator Josh is doing very well.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 8: That's the world's famous rod Yan show page of the Buzz that coming. Then Chris Brown is trending. He was arrested in England yesterday for allegedly beating in music producer at a club in London back in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We're on that too.
Speaker 3: He's headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today.
Speaker 7: So that's what's trendon on n The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Volby Hailstorm July twenty ninth, seven to one to three Music Hall. Everyone else is going to ticketmaster dot com to get those tickets. Not you, because you got pals right here on The Rod Ryan Show. We'll take caller ten for a free pair of tickets. Seven one three two two.
Speaker 1: It's the Buzz. Get thread through NY four or five the Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Bless You Holy, that's the red Hot Chili Peppers. Hey, Alex, you were out yesterday and your giggo.
Speaker 3: I heard from Los Magnificos he was out there.
Speaker 1: He said he came out to see you. He sent me a picture of you and him hang it out.
Speaker 8: And then you thought the cruisel tequila with the bell you are talking about.
Speaker 3: So it's that big white bottle of tequila and I get it. If you're a tequila guy or gal. I know that's not the best tequila. I get it, okay, but that's the cool bottle that everybody wants to on trend right now, so that you look like you have some fancy tequila. I'm sure there's better tasting tequila, but it's not in this cool a bottle, and it doesn't make it. I mean, it's a status symbol.
Speaker 1: He said. That is a bell at the top of it.
Speaker 7: It was, Yeah, I have a video of him ringing it.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Any idea what he paid for it? He had to get it from behind the glass, behind glass. What I noticed from that email was that Alex didn't wear a hat. You guys think that's such a big deal. Though your hair was so voluptuous. It is a huge deal. When you show up somewhere, it's like you blow dr was coming in court. Yeah, who died? What are you doing, sir?
Speaker 8: I was just to celebrate Buzzfest friends it Neutral and presenting sponsors Moses Ray, Rodney uh Lowst, Magnific Coast, and Reggie I wrote on theirness to give them shout out today because they all came out.
Speaker 7: We got their name in the drawing at ten o'clock.
Speaker 8: We're going to draw the names and then give them a call today because we didn't want to make them hang out.
Speaker 7: For two hours.
Speaker 1: Oh so they don't know if they won yet.
Speaker 7: Yees, they don't know.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 8: A lot of people heard specifically on like the Total Wine didn't know we were there. We were going to be there, and a lot of people were like waiting for me when I got there.
Speaker 1: So that was cool. That's cool.
Speaker 7: Rock star, rock Star Buzzfest is the rock star. That's really what it was.
Speaker 1: So you're so you're working with Neutral and you've got two more of these next week, two more.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Wednesday, I'm going to be out in Katie. Does that place know you're coming? I hope so you never know. I'm hoping so, but you know what.
Speaker 8: We're still gonna get out of take it from Marlow.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'll be at a Total Wine at twenty eight fifty seven Katie Freeway, and then on Friday night from eight to ten, I will be in a task is Seeda at Porky's backyard giving away another eight pair, so night one and then.
Speaker 7: Go the next day.
Speaker 1: I love that place. Yeah, I've never been. Everybody that.
Speaker 8: I talked about it too, as I was like, hey, if you don't win today, then you can go to Porky's backyard next week.
Speaker 3: And they were like two porkies back at Rock. I did one of those twenty year parties there. Oh really, yeah, yeah, I remember I brought I think I brought London out there too.
Speaker 7: I mean it's just a huge So the guy.
Speaker 3: Just built a pavilion, put in some bathrooms in a bar, okay yeah, and then said okay, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna make I'm not gonna build a kitchen. I'm just gonna let food trucks come. Oh.
Speaker 3: I remember you talk about this and he charges rental space for the food trucks or it takes a cut or whatever, and you just book it and you book your food truck there.
Speaker 1: Cool, and you walk around and you use the food trucks.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the coolest business model that that guy. I'm sure it's being done somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people are copying it now. It's the first time I had ever seen it.
Speaker 3: And I said, so you pay to come here, and then you obviously you sell more than you pay in rent for that spot. It's a brilliant business model, and everyone there is cool.
Speaker 1: It's packed. Bro, Friday night, you're gonna be You're gonna be slam.
Speaker 7: Next Friday, I might get a hotel. So I'm going between there and the world especially.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a fun gig tomorrow or next Friday. All right, let me go over to the phones there. I got tickets. Good morning rod Ryan's show. Hello, Hello, who's this money? Money?
Speaker 9: Your caller?
Speaker 6: Ted?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Happy Friday? You got tickets over there?
Speaker 8: Mom?
Speaker 4: I do vold beat the greatest of all tours worldwide with Hailstorm at July twenty ninth, seven one three Music call ingrats, Mama.
Speaker 5: Yay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I've never won anything from you, guys.
Speaker 1: Huge that you're in. Finally they play the lotteries so great. Are you a new list? Have you been around for a while.
Speaker 18: Oh no, I've been listening for a long time, and.
Speaker 3: You've tried to call and you just never won anything, or this is the first time you've tried.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm trying to dissect this here.
Speaker 2: So I've called a couple of times, never gotten through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did get through to talk about the new Disturbed song.
Speaker 3: Oh Okay, you gave us your thoughts when we did like a world premiere or something. Yeah, that's awesome. Well, it's good to have you back on. Did you know it was National Barbecue Day?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 13: I did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Mo told me about it this morning surfing. Are you Are you down for barbecue money? I'm totally down to barbecue? What is I'm going to bring this to the group.
Speaker 3: I'm bring this to the team if you could only have one side dish, because for me, it's hard. It's hard for me to talk about like what's the best barbecue?
Speaker 1: I find a lot of it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I know this is going to not go over well. I just don't have this educated palette where it's like look at I mean, I could see a smoke ring and blah blah blah. No, you guys all get off on all these things. Brisket is brisket to me.
Speaker 1: No, have you ever had bad brisket?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have, Chewy I have, yes, But what really sets aside the barbecue?
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 3: I feel like I can really dissect and I can really critique side dishes. Okay, and that's how I critique my barbecue.
Speaker 1: It's like Okay, everybody can kind of do the meat pretty good.
Speaker 3: But the side dishes, if you could only have one side dish, Monette, that's it one and I'm talking corn bread, potato salad, mac and cheese, coleslaugh.
Speaker 1: You can only have one?
Speaker 3: What's the ultimate side dish for barbecue?
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 1: Macaroni and cheese?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I knew that was gonna get a lot of boats. Yeah, I thought that would be a popular answer. Carb not my answer. Really, you're a cheese guy. I coles Law. What I love Coleslaw. I love coles Law.
Speaker 3: And again with all of the side dishes, I feel like the flavor varies wildly on everything. Yeah, if you have kick ass Coleslaw and telling you, I think it trumps everything.
Speaker 1: So weird I do money. You're the best man. Enjoy that concert. Okay, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: You guys agree with her. You think, what's the ultimate side dish for barbecue? For barbecue?
Speaker 1: Collared greens? That's weird to me. It's not weird at all. That's super weird. That was an option?
Speaker 4: Does it takes so much love and time and passion to make them perfect?
Speaker 1: Is it offered everywhere? Most places are is it offered everywhere most places. I think the beans a potato salad, it would be the best beans like Greef fried beans are like I like black eyed peas. Whatever they offer like the like beans like baked beans.
Speaker 7: I don't know. They do a good job with it.
Speaker 8: They make them in a house with potato salad. If you have trash potato salad, the barbecue is probably not could too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I love potato salad.
Speaker 8: Mac and cheese, like you can have good mac and cheese and not like not have the main dish match up with it.
Speaker 3: You know, I know I'm going to go down in the history books as a hater.
Speaker 1: You are just I wrote it down.
Speaker 3: I cannot get over how people lose their mind over mac and cheese. I'll take a macaroni salad with mayonnaise over a mac and cheese. What a good macaroni salad. I just made some tuna salad and I couldn't believe it. My kid took it as her main dish for school twice this week. Now prove it, little salary and that bad boy chopping celery onions onion, you you crush up or you cut up.
Speaker 1: Some uh hard boiled eggs. I'm not either, but I take the hit. I take the hit for the family. Your fat girl over here is starving. Little salt, little pepper chili will settle this chili. Chili doesn't eat fish chili. I know that about him. Well, it doesn't have to have tuna salad.
Speaker 3: But what is one side dish the best side dish ever for barbecue chili. I'm gonna go with the potato salad. It's not a bad answer. It's not a bad answer because you said you want to offset the meat.
Speaker 1: With some carbs. Do I mean you get you get it. But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Miss Christina's beans I put those up against almost anything.
Speaker 1: Stop it. His wife can make some beans.
Speaker 9: What do you think I was gassy yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh then it's weird.
Speaker 3: Now it's weird because I've seen your wife a couple of times this week, and I actually gave her some of my tuna salad.
Speaker 9: She likes all that I don't like.
Speaker 3: She didn't bring me any beans. I saw her three times this week.
Speaker 1: Oh me squat special, I said, treats hey by the way she took gosh that uh what is it?
Speaker 3: That upside down pineapple pineapple upside down cupcakes.
Speaker 1: I sent her home with a couple. I'm thinking you were probably gonna get after those.
Speaker 9: She ate them. She didn't, She wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I love her all right, Here we go, Moe rapid fire. Uh Burgers or dogs, Dogs, chicken or pulled Okay. Burgers got seventy eight percent of the vote nationally. The chicken or pulled pork chicken This was the closest one. Forty seven percent said chicken forty six percent. Seven percent wouldn't touch either one. Sausage or ribs sausage. I hate most ribs. Ribs one with fifty six percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ridge fry. I think I know your thoughts on this.
Speaker 3: Potato salad or coleslaw potato sixty six percent of people said potato salad over coleslaw. Sorry, I'm telling you, if you have, if you have the world, if you're sitting on the world's greatest coleslaw recipe, would you please share that with me? National Barbecue Day Macaroni salad or mac and cheese, mac and cheese, mac and cheese slaughtered macaroni salad. Seventy seven percent of people chose mac and cheese over macaroni. It is the most basic little kid food ever.
Speaker 7: It was still rock.
Speaker 1: I don't know why this is an app.
Speaker 3: Well, I see why it's in there. Okay, National Barbecue Day. Watermelon or pineapple?
Speaker 1: Watermelon?
Speaker 3: Yeah sixty nice? Nice said watermelon obviously.
Speaker 13: Ooh.
Speaker 3: Baked beans or corn bread? This was close.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not even fair. Those are two different games, I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they put they pit them against one of the beans.
Speaker 1: I'm going beans.
Speaker 7: You only get one go beans. Cornbread can be dry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not good. Corn bread it's trash. Beans are pretty much like pizza where it's like they're still good.
Speaker 3: I just had some corn bread a couple of weeks ago, and it was in a tin and it was kind of almost wet and moist and you needed to spoon it out and PLoP it on your plate.
Speaker 1: Did you make it? It was like bread pudding. Okay, my mom calls that corn casserole. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what it was. Very Midwest it was. It was a corn castrole and it was delicious.
Speaker 3: Cornbread beat out beans no way. Corn bread fifty eight percent grilled vegetables or corn on the cob.
Speaker 1: Final one Oh, that's so hard.
Speaker 4: I love them both. It wasn't even close my Indiana saying corn on the cob.
Speaker 1: The boat went with corn on the cob. Yeah, yeah, yeah on a cob.
Speaker 7: Anything on a cob is immediately better.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's that's in the You don't like the bone family, don't. But if they put rims on a copy, right, isn't a cop a vegetable bone? There is something about the fact that it's a skeleton that freaks me out.
Speaker 3: What am I on the past the Gravy podcast. That's a vegetable bone.
Speaker 7: Episode. Check it out.
Speaker 1: We're gonna spend an hour on that next week. Buzz Rocky And at The rod Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Semi Sonic closing Time premier Friday. I gotta I'm sitting on one final case of beer. We'll get to that shortly and then we'll do open Phones Friday. Right now, one final time. Mo Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please good morning.
Speaker 4: There's a new sheriff in town and that means new rules and regulations for JEEP Weekend on Bolivar Peninsula, this weekend. With the number of attendees close to one hundred thousand. The Galveston County Sheriff's Office just wants to keep every wednesdafe. The beaches will be out, but on the beach there's no parking or stopping, not even to unload. No golf carts ATVs or dirt bikes, no mass gatherings, no glasser camping, and no open containers. Keep it rolling people, but only at fifteen miles per hour. They're prepared, they're ready for you. Extra prayers for our law enforcement this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that reminds me too. Like I talked about when I went to JEP weekend, there was fun to be had. I had a good time. Yeah, it just it was getting less and less jeepy, meaning four wheel drive trucks and okay whatever those whatever those like field cars are with the big tires and like the cage a lot of that stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: With the big boat speakers on them.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it was it was becoming less and less jeep and just like just the gathering of people wanting to party and the other thing that's coming back to me too, because this has been going on for years. Yeah, I remember being upset.
Speaker 1: The weekend and people sent in pictures of how trashed the beaches were. Oh the way they left it bad.
Speaker 3: I have zero tolerance for you know what I mean, you clean up. I mean I think campers are the best at it. Alex is a camper. Yes, you know, when you go anything, it's like I mean, people that climb mount evers, they bag up their own poop and bring it.
Speaker 1: Down, take it back.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing how filthy the beaches were afterwards, and I remember being upset about that.
Speaker 1: It's like, you got to learn how to act.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a new year, Rod, We'll see how it goes down, all right. Former FBI director James Comey is under investigation for a potential threat against Trump. He posted a picture on Instagram showing seashells arranged to form the numbers eight six four seven, and he captioned it cool shell formation on my beach walk. The post sparked outrage amongst Trump supporters, who interpreted eighty six as the slang for get rid of and forty seven as the reference to President Trump, the forty seventh president. So the Secret Service and FBI are investigating. We have a new up on the X here we do at Rod Ryan Show, we want to know where you stand. Twenty five percent of people that make one hundred thousand dollars or more have a side hustle to make extra money just to get by so to.
Speaker 3: Get that one hundred thousand dollars a year. A quarter of people are doing that via two jobs to get that money.
Speaker 1: Huh. I was amazed at that at that.
Speaker 3: Today, That's what made do the poll question how is the pole look at? Well, how many jobs do you have that bring in money? Okay, I know we all do multiple jobs, and if you're parenting and stuff, there's no pay involved.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: How many jobs do you have that are that's bringing in money? Seventy seven percent of our audience has the one gig. It was up to twenty percent of our audience that had two jobs. Now it's seventeen's about eighteen percent. Two percent of our audience no jobs, and four percent of our audience has more than two jobs.
Speaker 1: That bring in money. I'm talking about a side hustle. I'm talking about driving for Uber on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Maybe you sell things, you're a pinterest person or something.
Speaker 1: You know what I was thinking, what theither gigs do you have. There's a lot of people working two jobs make it happen. It's a lot, man, it's hard work.
Speaker 4: Hey, Rod, we haven't talked about Ditty yet.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's been mentioned on the show.
Speaker 3: We certainly are not burying our heads in the sand that the trial's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh you're not. I kind of am keeping an eye on things. I'm reading horrible things, dirty details.
Speaker 3: I'm reading horrible things that Diddy made that Cassie do. But then it came time for the for Ditty's lawyers to.
Speaker 4: Question her correct while she's eight months eight and a half months pregnant on the stand and.
Speaker 3: You know, doing their job for p Diddy, and they're saying, look at all these text messages that you said you were in love.
Speaker 1: With him and you can't wait for the next freak off and all of this, and made her read them aloud yesterday. Yeah, when you told me that the kids were attending this thing, that's the thing that shocked me the most. Whole family walks into the courtroom, I'm reading the details that Cassie is saying that Diddy did, made her do.
Speaker 9: All of this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to believe. Just get those kids out of the courtroom. Now. I get it, you're there to support your own man, but you can't hear that stuff.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting case, and I it's not clear at all to me the way that they're fighting for him, like the evidence. So I don't know what happens.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of people that are from this as the trial of the century.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm watching it.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping I'm looking at headlines. I'm not watching the trial at all.
Speaker 1: You're not reading eleven years of text messages like that, and I don't even know. Is there a court TV? Is there cameras?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, because anything I've seen has been a drawling yes, so there must not be cameras. Interesting testimony in that trial continues today. All right, let's talk about the rock band I Prevail. They announced yesterday they're parting ways with their co vocalist, Brian Berkheiser. The band shared a statement saying it was a tough choice, but they believe it's the right one and it was a mutual decision. They thanked Brian for an amazing ten years and wished him well in his future.
Speaker 1: Plans.
Speaker 3: I sure hope Kenny is listening and not cash Man Kenny Davis. How are we not talking about Brian leaving? I prevail, that's headline material.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 1: I'm distraught over here. I'm talking about it now. We have been talking about it. He just didn't hear the time that we've said.
Speaker 4: Fine, listen more, friend and text me the t because I want to know what the situation is.
Speaker 1: Why did he leave? Is there beef Kenny Kenny's Our eye prevailed me and Kenny Those of Houston's headlines by Kenny hit us up. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 8: The Astros fella the Rangers last night one to nothing, hundred Brown gave up just one run over eight solid innings of work and they just didn't give him any run support. You gotta score runs to win games in this league. Astros are going to play the Rangers again tonight. Lance mccollor is going to be on the mound for the shows going up against the Rangers. Nate Ivaldi first pitches at seven o five and you can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty KRH.
Speaker 1: In the NBA, playoffs.
Speaker 8: The Nuggets beat the Thunder one nineteen to one oh seven to force the Game seven in that series. In Golf of Day two at the PGA Championship Quail Valley, North Carolina, Jonathan Vegas is the current leader at seven under par. Also, fantastic name, Johnny Vegas. Sounds like he's in the mafia.
Speaker 1: That's his real name, Jonathan Vegas. Yeah, Johnny Vegas, Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 8: He hangs out with Christopher Multasante, Tony Soprano, Paul Walnuts.
Speaker 3: So, now Vegas there, you're probably putting your kid's child or your your child's college fund into Johnny Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm not going That would be why he had a cool name. I put all my money on him.
Speaker 3: Dad, How about I'm not going to college Johnny Vegas. Look him up in Vegas.
Speaker 7: All right, you go doank camp.
Speaker 8: The one and fiftieth Preak Mius Stakes is tomorrow and Baltimore, Maryland, Kentucky. Derby winters Sovereignty is not going to be racing in this so we will have no triple Crown winner this year. Derby runner up Journalism is the heavy favorite to win. Race is gonna start at six or one hour time and you can watch it on NBC that.
Speaker 15: Wait to Stop for that, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four five because.
Speaker 1: We go Man Friday.
Speaker 5: He got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right we Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And right free Bam Friday. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning Rock. What Who's this? This is Barry, Barry you're calling you? Congratulations, Thank you very much. I got a case of beer for you. Barry gotta work for him. The weekend is coming up, so I'm gonna need it. He knows, all right, So no working this weekend, you got you got time off.
Speaker 9: Yes, they asked.
Speaker 14: They haven't said anything today, so I'm not going to push the issue.
Speaker 1: I want beer now. So it's kind Dave, kind of late.
Speaker 3: So I mean, you can tell me what you do for a living or not. But is there a chance that they'll ask you to come in? Are you just trying to slide through the day without anybody saying anything.
Speaker 1: Or the last but you just said just trying to slid through.
Speaker 12: Bringing it up.
Speaker 1: Holding your breath, Barry, It's like chili slide. And he's like, God, hope Ron doesn't ask me to do anything after the show today. He's already out of here. Good morning, Moke. Welcome to the show, Barry, sweetheart, thank you for having me. All right, Verry, welcome my guy. Dude. Listen, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 3: I hope you have the whole weekend of just hide, just hide in the keepicle or whatever you got to do, just hide exactly.
Speaker 1: I will do.
Speaker 9: Appreciate everything.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, dude. Thank you, Barry, thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Pretty good looking weekend too, I mean warm. We're we know that we're going to be in for ninety degree temperatures. It's like mid manageable nineties, though mid to lower nineties. Partly cloudy every day and real low chances of rain. So if you are heading down a jeep weekend, you're not gonna get rained out. You might get policed out, you might get constabled out, you might get whatever else is sheriff out. It sounds like there's a lot of them down there. The guy sent me a video. He said, they're everywhere. They're checking IDs, they're everywhere, So I'm not trying to scare you. I hope, I hope a few of you do go down there be safe. But I'd like to get some reports of somebody that is down there that experienced JEEP Weekend.
Speaker 1: It's like, man, it seems like it's gonna be a real, real different vibe, like they don't want you to do it vibe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like geez.
Speaker 1: I mean, they've taken away all the fun.
Speaker 8: Open phones for Friday, open phones for Iday, more like open phones fried Yay.
Speaker 1: Mike is a huge Iye Prevail fan. He says that.
Speaker 3: The other singer in the band that has left, which Kenny said was major news. We should be talking about it more, he said, due to Brian's rare disease he has. I don't think there's any animosity between the band members, but Brian is stepping away from from the business.
Speaker 1: So that's the story that I hear them.
Speaker 3: And then as I'm talking about sick rock stars, I hope Sean Kenney is okay.
Speaker 1: He's the drummer of Ellis and Chains Boy.
Speaker 3: They had all kinds of gigs planned all summer long, and he has not disclosed his illness. But he did say, listen. I know there's a lot of stuff on the internet. I don't do that, but I'm letting you know that I'm gonna be fine, but we're going to have to cancel everything. And Allison Chains was booked at huge events, headlining some things, and they have chosen not to put in a ghost drummer or so to speak. So they've canceled everything. They've canceled everything that they're doing. So we hope Sean Kenny, good guy. I hope he's doing well. It's open Phones Friday. It's open Phones Friday. Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 12: Good morning mister Rod.
Speaker 1: Robbie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Robbie, Yes, there call her number ten, the all colder number ten, the champion of free beer Friday.
Speaker 1: What are you doing, Robbie.
Speaker 12: I've been trying to win beer all day.
Speaker 1: You just got shut out.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I just gave away the last case that was.
Speaker 12: I already know you think I ain't listening.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 12: I say. This is almost as bad as when you were giving away your tickets for your twentieth anniversary party. I couldn't get nothing but a busy signal.
Speaker 1: Well, Chili has one button.
Speaker 3: He can busy out every line if he wants to, and then have that one foot out the door for the weekend.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying he's doing that. I'm just saying he could. But no, it's tough getting through.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I already know.
Speaker 12: I already know. I've been caller number one so many times and call her number nine so many times that that right there would have me at fifty.
Speaker 3: I would think that if you're the all time free Beer Friday champion, you're probably the champion at every number too, right, Yes.
Speaker 6: I bet you.
Speaker 3: I mean there's nobody because John wouldn't know this. That's the only thing that John doesn't know on the show. But I imagine you probably have more caller nine than anybody. You probably have more caller seven's, eight, six is fives than anybody. Congratulations, dude, we just added a bunch of new crowds.
Speaker 12: Let me ask you a question. Has Mo heard the goat song yet?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because Josh hasn't been on unless she heard that when she was stalking us before I hired her.
Speaker 1: I definitely stoked you, but I don't know if.
Speaker 3: You heard Josh the all time greatest fresh out of bed he's.
Speaker 12: The Goat and then let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 12: I know that the Breadman's the end. I know that Josh is the in, but is Corey in and Adam the copy?
Speaker 3: And yet Corey can't get through. He can't get through. In the morning, he's kind of like he's calling me and emailing me like you are right now, Like what's going on with Chilly Corey? Josh is in, but Corey Corey can't get through. He's not He's not getting through. Adam the same thing. I think he's just trying to get through. What are you doing here, Alex?
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 8: I have the song, but we have Todd Cameron Hank, Jeff Goat and Steve the Bradman are right here on.
Speaker 1: My springs that song? Are we just randomly putting on? He was telling her about it. I don't mean she's new here. I want to hear the Goats song, rob Well, Robbie wants to hear Robbi's gonna get to hear.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is Robbie shout.
Speaker 12: I want to start hearing it at least once a month on Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, wherever you say, oh God, after you jump around, go let.
Speaker 16: Him in charge of my own showat O spell it out, Goat killer Whales, goats, evic fails, go selad shoes, go it is the glue, Go fast flakes, go red pencase. So cutity go said nudity goat greatest of all time. Goat Goat, g o Whiti spell it out, goats don't do drugs.
Speaker 7: And a great little message of this.
Speaker 4: Did you sing that you thought that was Alex Doings?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Robbie Love, you have a great weekend. Thanks.
Speaker 12: Let me ask you one more questions? All right, but no, that's on there. But I want to tell you that thank you for making me a semi famous person by bringing free beer Friday to Houston.
Speaker 9: Six.
Speaker 1: Robbie, you're a star. You got it, brother, Thank you, Robbie Star, Thank you so much. Give me his autograph. That's trying to put my kid to bed. One more thing, Dad, da Dad, One more hug, one more hug. You never want to hug me except when you're going to bed. All right, that's another line.
Speaker 3: Open, Thank you, Robbie. All right, alternative income right now, open phones.
Speaker 1: The rest of the hour.
Speaker 15: Seven one, three, four, five Houston's Alternative and Helm at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: I'll get to your phone calls because it is open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll get back to your calls. I can't wait. But first, Hi, there.
Speaker 3: We go online.
Speaker 1: It's Flicks Online ninety four five, The Mud. All right, what you're doing today?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Today day?
Speaker 8: Well, you're going to it's called logo drawer, and you're going to try and see how well you.
Speaker 7: Can draw famous company's logos for memory.
Speaker 1: I could probably rock the Amazon logo. I did.
Speaker 8: I was actually I did it reverse is a little smile thing, but like this is the McDonald's logo.
Speaker 7: MO kind of nailed it.
Speaker 1: But would you? Why are you very good at that? Wait?
Speaker 3: Back back to the back to the Amazon. You wouldn't take that arrow and go all the way to.
Speaker 1: The end, would you? I should have?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 7: I did it on the left.
Speaker 3: I think it only goes A to Z. Yeah, I think that because it's like Amazon, we have everything from A to Z.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I don't think the arrow goes on the o. N would Would I be right on that? You would be right on that?
Speaker 8: So, yeah, you would have nailed that. If that's you drew like Nike logo drew that perfect pretty much.
Speaker 1: You're a child, horrible. I had to do it.
Speaker 7: I don't have a a, I don't have a mouse, all right, so I'm doing it with a finger. I'm not great at that basket.
Speaker 3: Robbins has the thirty one in the b R What I could draw that? Well, go check it out and go check it out and see how.
Speaker 1: Many you can get.
Speaker 7: And then if you let me know it's one of then is brid Ryan Show based dot com?
Speaker 1: It's all of it? All right, Here we go, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Mike wants to talk about Jeep Weekend. I'd love to hear what Mike has to say. Mike, We've been talking about JEP Weekend all morning long.
Speaker 1: Hello, how you doing great? What's say you on this? So there's alternate places they can go other than Galliston.
Speaker 13: You have a TV parts I'll use one and I'm not associated with them in any given way.
Speaker 1: But it's extreme and you can take your jeep down there.
Speaker 13: They have what they call beach access, which is the Sandacinho River. You pull up on it, there's a big sand bar.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a minute, we went down there?
Speaker 3: Is this is this?
Speaker 1: Is this going on this weekend?
Speaker 3: Or you're just telling me that there's other places to go and party with your jeep.
Speaker 13: No, they have the same thing as what Gallason and like topless.
Speaker 1: And then we have what we call muddy grawls and things like this. If you can go down there. I've heard about the money you're running.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's people that run sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Side by side down there.
Speaker 13: So the roads are actually if.
Speaker 1: You wanted to go off road, you can, gotcha.
Speaker 13: But you can also just stay on the trail, go down to the river, chill out at the beach, go to the swing which is right there. It's actually a really nice park. They've done some really good work down there. And then of course you have Creek Side and you also have the one Sabine.
Speaker 1: Trails and all that. Thank you, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: There's some other alternatives if you don't want to deal with the popo that seems to be down for the big jeep weekend this weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Mike Ryan also wants to talk a little jeep weekend. It's not everyone's mind. Good morning, Hey, what's going on some stuff.
Speaker 1: Do what you got for us.
Speaker 2: So I live down here in Crystal Beach pretty much the epicenter of all this stuff there are if you come down here, make sure all your tags are legal. They're pulling people over for not putting blinkers on soon enough. I mean, chances are you'll get pulled over if you come down here. They had a whole ferry coming from Gallaston that had only DPF officers on it.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it, Like, are you feeling comfortable, like you like that or what.
Speaker 2: Well, we own a small plumbing company down here, and my tags are out of day to my work truck. I had to use my mom's truck to come down here today to finish up a little bit of work. I wouldn't even come to work today, So you know, it's I'm growing up down here. Back in the nineties, every weekend was like the weekend in the summer. But so they they got out of hand a coule of years back, and they're trying to put a stop to it and get it. Well.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the heads up, and I'm sure people appreciate it. I've heard from more people than you Ryan. They're they're checking everything. They're finding a way to make it for you to be down there this weekend.
Speaker 1: Fernando, good morning. Alright, Good morning, brother Rod, Good morning.
Speaker 3: He wants to talk about something other than JEEP weekend.
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about? Man, it's gonna be my first buzz fast.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And I wanted to know, yes, hell yeah, I wanted to know if you have any information on what time the gates open and what are the set times?
Speaker 3: Okay, I definitely don't have set times, but I'm gonna put Mo on the spot. Because Wizard was here yesterday. Did he give you a time when the doors are opening?
Speaker 1: He said two o'clock. That seems late. Do I hold him to that? No, that seems late. That's what he told me.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of bands to get in two o'clock. I don't think is sustainable to get all this a certain time.
Speaker 13: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it two o'clock and then that's when Kenton Place starts right at two.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, Fernando, I don't want to give bad information. He did say that yesterday.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna ask him if he will provide everybody set times because it is important.
Speaker 1: Boy, I don't know why they hang out of that information as long as they do.
Speaker 3: Now that it sold out, I think you should. You guys should get every piece of information that's available. I will push him for that and I will try to get that information out for Monday.
Speaker 8: Up on one last, one last thing.
Speaker 13: Anytime anybody wants to party, come out to Matagorda Beach, bring your trug, bring your four wheeler and come party.
Speaker 1: All right, am? I looked up on the venues website. Yeah, what is it? They say, gates at noon, show at one. That sounds more. That sounds more like it. I know he said that yesterday, did say that, and that seemed way late. It seemed way late.
Speaker 4: We'll get everything posted, Brian.
Speaker 1: Your next up on open Phones. Good morning, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: But I was just getting back with Alex saying that the PGA champions Camp is at twel Valley, which is in it a twell hollow things.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling him out. His ego just gets out of hand, bro I got thirty more minutes, I guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was was some so Houston.
Speaker 1: You know, Thank you, Brian. I appreciate it. Hello. Pete.
Speaker 9: Hey, what's up brother, Ryan? Morning morning.
Speaker 1: It's a sneaky Peete, sneaky Pete. Welcome, welcome back to the show. You're on the air. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 8: Bus?
Speaker 19: Best? Back in twenty nineteen, I think you remember when you walked out there into the lawn with Tessa.
Speaker 9: You remember that year?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay? What okay?
Speaker 9: That when that happened.
Speaker 19: I told a friend of mine that, hey, go over there and take official rod Ryan. He was like, that ain't broad Ryan, like it is? I saw all them guys around him. He goes, that's just an old fall hitded man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 9: You didn't know it was you.
Speaker 6: He didn't know it was you.
Speaker 9: I just thought it was funny to story because bus vests around the corner.
Speaker 1: And I was looking old in twenty nineteen. Damn according to him. To him, Yeah that's a cool story, bro. Thanks. We're never going to hear the end of the Zia. It's my favorite Buzzfast story ever. Nick, you're next time? How you gonna outdo that? Nick? Good morning, Nick, Good morning. I'm old. I can't hear you. Hello, good morning, brother, good morning, what's up? Friend, Hi Nick, welcome, Oh thanks, what are you doing? I have a birthday? Shout out today?
Speaker 2: I'm working, all right?
Speaker 1: What's your birthday? Every weekend? Who's your birthday?
Speaker 2: To my best friend Adrian? He turned in thirty two this year, so so happy birthday.
Speaker 1: It's today or this weekend, this weekend on tomorrow? So what are you doing? Are you getting together with them? And are you celebrating?
Speaker 10: We're trying to, but he has to spend there with the family, so we're probably going to get together on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Good stuff, good stuff. Okay, thank you, Nick, you're a good friend. You're a good friend. And that was waiting better than the call before Josh Tree, Good morning?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 6: Tree?
Speaker 13: Got?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was there any what's going on?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning to you, sir. What do you got other than jokes?
Speaker 6: Well? I wanted to welcome Ode to the fam. Thanks, and uh, I mean, look, your second week and you've already had a day off, so you're gonna have.
Speaker 3: A lot of Okay, this guy, he's another one of those counts the day off guys who all right.
Speaker 4: Well, uh that's another line open his phone got disconnected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate when that happens he dropped. Thank you seven one, three, two four five. All right, I see you guys are in the moon today. Bring it. The rod Ryan Show effects include mood Swings, Mood Swings.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I want to get right back over to these phones because I'm having such a good time.
Speaker 1: It's open Phones Friday. It's the best day of my life.
Speaker 3: I Am going to take them as as.
Speaker 1: They came in.
Speaker 3: Who's been holding the longest? David has been holding the longest? Good morning David, Hey brother, how you doing so great?
Speaker 1: Man? What do you got for open phones? You're on the air man? Quick question about bus best?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: Re entry man?
Speaker 13: Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 1: Is it allowed?
Speaker 3: Is that's never been allowed? I can That's one question I never Yeah, I can answer that. When it's never been allowed.
Speaker 1: Why do you need to leave and come bout high school graduation party? I see, yeah, yeah, yeah, you see any family matters?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no re entry that's been I don't know that any Wooden.
Speaker 7: Graduate how many times.
Speaker 3: High school? I really don't know of any. I don't think any. I think the Woodland's pavilion. I think anything. Yeah, I don't know of any show that's re entry. I don't think anything toilets. I don't think you can get back into any those you climb here, man, one.
Speaker 19: More thing, if I could, if I could say one more thing, give a shout out to my beautiful wife, Erica.
Speaker 1: Sunday is our birthday.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to celebrate with her. I love you, babe.
Speaker 1: I hope I can make you a weekend, a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're just sucking up because you're about to miss a graduation.
Speaker 1: Great call, David, that's a little loud.
Speaker 3: Renee, renee, good morning, Good morning. Hey, what you got for open phones?
Speaker 18: I just want to talk about how we are having a free day tomorrow here in Alvin, Texas at the Alvin Rec Center. We're celebrating our one year anniversary of being in the rec Center. It's free to the public. We have prizes and membership discounts and giveaways we're doing tomorrow and it's all free from ten am to two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: I was just going to ask you the time, so you covered that. And there's no pre signing up, there's no nothing, you know, show up.
Speaker 18: Just show up and you come have fun with us. We're just celebrating us being here for one year. It's called our birthday Bash, and we're planning to do it every year.
Speaker 1: Congrats.
Speaker 3: If I had a rec center, I would want you working for me. I mean, that's a great I'm serious. I'm not I'm not busting balls. I'm like, yeah, I'd call a radio station and I would get the word out that this is what my place is doing.
Speaker 1: Good work, Renee, thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Good luck with your event too, Julio, you're next up?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Up? Soup man? What you got for open phones?
Speaker 8: I wanted to give a quick shout out to my beautiful wife with a fat asssy.
Speaker 4: Do you want to give her name? Maybe where she works so that all of her friends and coworkers.
Speaker 1: I think I think we have all the information we need to be honest with you, around ass. You're a lucky man, buddy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we have every piece of information we need.
Speaker 1: Robbie, Rob good morning.
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 1: Right, hey man? What you got for open phones? Good morning, bro? I'm so excited for bus best this year.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 17: I have my transplant literally the week after. It's gonna be one of my last uh who ros before you.
Speaker 3: Got the you got a kidney transplant on the books?
Speaker 1: Ye is there.
Speaker 17: About eleven thousand hours, fourteen hundred needles and we're almost.
Speaker 1: There, bro, So what will what will afflict you at Buzzfest?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Can you not drink?
Speaker 3: Can you not eat certain things? I mean, can you get around?
Speaker 1: Okay? Tell me what what is your dada? I mean, what's your day going to be?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 17: I mean, yeah, I mean I can basically, you know, I can have a drink to here and there, Okay, But I mean I'm in good health and you know I have PREOPTI day before And mainly I just want to say give a shout out to my girlfriend's legs were staying by my side this whole time.
Speaker 3: If you got a kidney, well that's a nice shout out. And one final question about it, because I'm fascinated with this. If we if we run into it, Buzzfest, are you walking around in any pain?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now the kidney transplant, you were on a list to get it.
Speaker 1: Man, I have a donor.
Speaker 17: I have a live donor.
Speaker 1: Most people wait about ten years for one, that's like a diver.
Speaker 6: You know, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you have somebody that donated specifically to you.
Speaker 2: Yep, they're a perfect match for me.
Speaker 1: Man, How did you track?
Speaker 6: And surprisingly?
Speaker 1: Blue October was the music I listened to almost every single day.
Speaker 3: Well, well, then you're gonna be listening to them next Saturday too, And I know it's going to mean a lot to you.
Speaker 1: That will be rocking out.
Speaker 3: Dude, listen. If I don't get a chance to talk to you. The transplant is after Buzzfest. Man, please give us an update afterwards, and I hope everything goes well.
Speaker 6: Hey, hello guys, Man, y'all have a good time.
Speaker 17: Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: How are we gonna do better than that? How are we going to do better than that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If someone else calls you old, I was looking old, all right, Robbie, that's a great guy.
Speaker 16: I do.
Speaker 3: Please give us a follow up. We're all invested now.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you for almost every call that came through on open phones Friday, except I got Offspring. I got Offspring tickets coming up for you. Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory on that Bill, Moe the Show is coming up. She'll have a question for you on the flip of this bro Houston Rock.
Speaker 15: Houston's alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Boys Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: La La la la la La La la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Time for the show.
Speaker 3: I've got offspring Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory tickets Woodland's Pavilion Tickets available at Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: Win them from us.
Speaker 4: Moe, your question, please, which famous rock star just announced the separation of is fourth wife after six years?
Speaker 1: Does he have a huge winner? You told me he did. You don't know this, I mean it's common knowledge.
Speaker 7: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You didn't see how you do it. I haven't seen the video.
Speaker 3: What country guys have big winners like Travis Tritt?
Speaker 8: Is it like?
Speaker 3: Is there any well known, no super packing country guys.
Speaker 1: No, you would, I would assume you would never just talk about that with your girlfriends. There's not a known one.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: No, this guy like if Morgan Wallens packing the world ice, I mean.
Speaker 1: That guy is a busy boy. Okay, yes, this guy I can confirm. I've seen. Yeah, the video seven one three, So you're looking for him. Who's seen his name? Place?
Speaker 3: Yes, listener Tessa from Austage, You're like, oh my god, Tommy Lee single. I'm like, you want that, you want that? And you know what I mean when I say that you can handle that.
Speaker 1: You could be his fifth wife? All right?
Speaker 3: Seven one, three, two and two five, ninety four five never miss a minute ninety four five The Buzz is with you in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart Radio twenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's show. I had mentioned Allison Chains earlier on the show. We were talking about musicians.
Speaker 1: Uh Sean Kinney the drummer.
Speaker 3: Uh didn't come out and say what it is, but it's going to prevent him from playing the drums. And I think that Alison Chains wiped everything for the rest of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So you got tickets, you like the band.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to diminish the role of a drummer, but do you want them to plug somebody in and you still want to go see that band? Or I mean you got to respect the band that says listen, you get all of us or none of us. And I like the fact that they're standing behind him. But if you're you've got plans and you're traveling, you're going to see somebody. It's like, man, just put another drummer in there, man.
Speaker 1: That's the part.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah. But they wiped everything from their schedule and they were busy. They were on every festival, any rock festival. Alison Chains was a part of it. I don't know what this is going to do for that Ozzie farewell with Black Sabbath. That doesn't mean that guys from the band can't.
Speaker 1: Still show up and be a part of the all star situation.
Speaker 3: But Alison Chains will not be playing ten percent chance of rain today Tomorrow, Sunday may twenty percent chance at some point tomorrow. But Party Claudi's guys, real low chances of rain mid to low nineties all weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's get out of here. He's now time for I Know the show on ninety four to five The.
Speaker 13: Buzz La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La, Good morning, Rot Ryan Show. Who's this? This is Dollar, Hey Alan, Welcome to the show. How are you good man? Are you great? Good to have you on today. Moe. You got a question, Alan, you know big Wieners.
Speaker 4: No, the question which famous rock star just announced separation of his fourth wife after six years Tommy Lee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you do know now, Alan, that was a layup question. Alan, Congratulations. What are you giving him?
Speaker 4: Alan?
Speaker 1: You're going to see the Offspring.
Speaker 4: They're with Jimmy World and Newfound Glory August twenty third at the Woodlands. If you're not as lucky as Alan, you can get tickets ticketmaster dot com. Congrats friend, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you Allan, have a great weekend. All right, to appreciate y'all. Thank you, appreciate you. We couldn't do it without you. Alan.
Speaker 3: Moe's looking for a link to the Tommy Lee Pam Anderson video.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I heart Buss you free link. I'm just saying, if I heart bus you.
Speaker 4: No, I'm too new. I haven't taken my HR training yet, so I'm still good.
Speaker 20: It's research, said someone. All right, just a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 1: Baby. I got a fever and the only prescription it's more cow Bell.
Speaker 3: Somebody did suggest, but I think there may be already was a Cowboys shot or a cow Bell shot Moe cow Bell.
Speaker 1: For a shot name for ditch Day? But did we do?
Speaker 3: Can somebody go back other John? I don't think Other John has that list. Isn't drink, but I don't think he kept the list of like shot names over the years for ditch Day.
Speaker 1: We gotta go, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: Moe cow Bell is a really great suggestion, though, thank you. Uh it says here Happy eleventh Birthday to Jackson?
Speaker 1: Was Jackson? His mom called earlier in the week. That's right, Kayla did call earlier. Okay.
Speaker 3: Birdman was on this morning, fresh out of bed, head to head. He couldn't take down Kenny the cash Man. Cash Man will be on with us on Monday. He's going to go for win number three. Oldough was maybe my favorite call.
Speaker 1: That's she made my day.
Speaker 3: The guy with the anniversary and his wife with the fat ass.
Speaker 1: Oh that was your favorite. I'm sorry, that was the best call. That was so funny to me. I don't know. And he just wouldn't let up. He said, tell us her name. He's like, no, no, she's got a big juicy ass. Olga was great though.
Speaker 3: Olga won those tickets, those ghost tickets for her daughter Leah.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to get awesome.
Speaker 3: Leslie, Carlos, Christiana and Barry all one free beer today, Specs, Thank you for the beers. Today Monday, we'll give away sold out Buzzfest pit passes.
Speaker 1: Oh gates do open at noon noon. Kenton Place goes on at one o'clock. Thank you for the update. We'll give it. We'll do set times and all of that.
Speaker 3: I'll have Chili post it on socials too this weekend, but we'll be talking about set times and all of that. Sold out Buzfest. We'll be giving away tickets in the pit all week. I believe everyone's got pit passes throughout the throughout the day, so keep it locked.
Speaker 1: I mean, crank it up and rip off the nub.
Speaker 8: The buzz.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's up next, non stop nooner.
Speaker 1: Yep. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Yep. Alex six picks six.
Speaker 3: Pick camping again for the tenth time this year.
Speaker 1: You're a camper in your pampers. You are all right, that's a guy. Have a great weekend, Chilli you're off the hook.
Speaker 3: Next week Buzzfest all week. Cannot wait, A man cannot wait. All right, that's it, guys, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 1: Am al well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 3: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.