Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sase stimulating talk radio and now here's doctor Dahlia. Doctor doctor tell me true I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do all right? When you're back on dont Doli show, Thank you all for tuning in. One eight seven seven Doctor DOLLI one eight seven seven d O C D A L. I. So the one thing that has really been uh troubling me is I get patients. I work for a telemedicine company, and I get patients to call up that don't have a doctor, but they were able to find a way where they can order a test or get some sort of care done online and they have something seriously wrong with them. So they call the telemedicine company, going, I need a search in fast or I need somebody to you know, address this because it's possibly cancer. And I'm like, did you talk to the doctor that ordered the test? I mean, whoever ordered the test is going to be on top of that. Did you contact them? They go, no, I was able to go and buy this test on my own online and now I have this result. It says I have a mass? What do I do? And I'm not designed for that because I trained where you saw a medical provider, that medical provider valued evaluated you, that medical provider ordered the test. Whoever is ordering the test takes point that person needs to follow your care. I'm family medicine. That's what we used to do, and then we would make sure that you got the care you needed. We would surround ourselves with specialists that would get you in same day, next day. If these specialists wanted my referrals, they better make sure that when I call, they get my patients in. And I had the most amazing network of doctors. It was fantastic. We didn't lose a pay because of any loss of time. Was it was such a well run system. And I'm not saying well run with me. It's because it was the nurses, it was the specialist, it was the staff, it was the radiology company, was the labs. We had it down to a science. That's all gone once everybody lost their doctor. And now people are just kind of well, I'll go to the urge of care, I'll use online medicine or whatever. Nobody has a regular doctor. And while you keep hearing this thread from DSA, and it is a threat that they're gonna have Medicare for all or healthcare for all. If you don't have a doctor, now, you're really gonna be in trouble. And so the problem is, though, is the system currently sucks, and the system we have right now is people don't have a medical provider, some of it by choice. So I had a patient who was in her third month or a third trimester of pregnancy having severe nose bleeds. So she went to the er and the er said, you need to see in your nose and throat. Now I was an er doc. I used to do the referral myself, right because in that town, I knew all the you know e and t's. So if somebody was having severe nose bleeds or you know and I had to remember I had to control somebody's nosebleed with actual cocaine. We had medicineal cocaine because the person was gonna bleed out. And I'm sitting there watching the ear and seeing the blood level rise and then finally stop, and we're pushing fluids and pushing blood and we saved them. But that person needed to see in her nose and throat doctor. So I got on the phone with your nose and throat doctor and said, you're gonna need to see this patient done. Medicine's different now. So this woman in her third trimester having heavy nosebleeds. Er doc says, so far, you're good. Do we check the baby. Baby's good. Go to your regular doctor and get a referral to an E and T and your nose and throat. I go, they didn't do it, she said, no. I go, okay, did you talk to your doctor? She goes, I don't have one. I go, do you have an OB you're in your third trimester pregnancy. She goes, I do have an OB, but I won't see them for a while. I go, well, maybe they could do the referral. They won't. They said, I gotta go find a primary care. Okay, now, I the obs I used to work with, if you needed a referral, they would refer you because they understood that you're so busy seeing the OB, you're probably not seeing your primary care. So a lot of times the OB's will take that on. But it's different. Now. Why is it different? Well, one, it's probably liability. If a doctor is not in charge of you, like a family medicine doctor, why would they take on the liability that a family medicine doctor would. We family medicine doctors, a lot of people think are idiots, because I mean, we will take on the whole body family medicine. We are responsible from your eyelash to your tippy toes, from the scalp to your rich aperitoneum. We are responsible for all of that. And so you have your er dot going huh, I'm not touching that. Your ob is probably like no, I'm not going there. So i have this woman in her third month of pregnancy having frequent nosebleeds, no doctor, and I'm like, well, can you call your insurance because I can't refer her. I'm out of state. It's a telemedicine company that we I go. Can you call the insurance company and see if you even need a referral? Can you just call an E and T and this and this is scary. This woman needs care and so all we could do is go back to the ear if you bleed again. But you know, nobody has these days a primary care provider. Also what's changed is doctors like me who had my own little neighborhood clinic. I'd open on Sundays, I'd open on Saturdays, I'd stay late for you guys. Whatever. Now, the average doctor after Obamacare close their office and works as an employee. Well, if you're an employee and it's a Friday and everybody is leaving early on Friday, are you going to be incentivized? You know what, I'll they open to nineteen o'clock at night. I'll do what needs to be done. No, you're not seeing those doctors saying don't worry, come on in. I'll fit you in now. Maybe some of the small towns or the rural towns where those doctors that own their own practice are, but you're not seeing that with corporate medicine. So I keep hearing from patients there's no doctor, there's no visit. My primary care doctor won't see me four months. You need to start planning ahead for this now. I keep talking in the summer about what to prepare for during the cough, cold winter season. A lot of you guys have deductibles, so you're like, I'll just see my doctor in December. Have you tried calling your doctor to see if you can make an appointment in December. Chances are there's no appointments in December as of now. If that doctor has been promised that they only have to see fifteen to twenty patients a day. I was seeing thirty forty a day, and when I worked er, I was seeing sixty easily a shift. Well, if somebody works for a corporation and they go no, no, you only to see fifteen twenty, they're masked. So I keep hearing the dsas say, oh, yeah, we're gonna do medica for all, so everybody will have insurance and everybody will get to see doctors. Right now, we have a severe doctor shortage. There's a lot of doctors, but their time slots and their access is far few between. And if you're thinking, well an er or urgent care is going to handle it, it's not sounding like it is. And there's these companies that are now going to advertise you saying, look, you feel like you want an ultrasound or a cat scan, won't order it for you. But what do you do if they said there's a mass on your liver, you need a doctor who's gonna take that on. And the average doctor is gonna be like, I don't want the liability. This is frightening one eight seven to seven, Doctor DOLLI don't go away.
Speaker 3: This is an urgent announcement for anyone that's ten thousand dollars or more in debt. Before you make another minimum payment, you need to know there are special programs that can completely free you of your debt. Total Financial Freedom can help you become debt free in months instead of years. Resolve your credit card debt, signature loans, department store cards, internet loans, and timeshares. Call Total Financial Freedom Now at eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty for a free consultation. For sixteen years, Total Financial Freedom has helped thousands get out of debt. You can feel confident when calling because Total Financial Freedom is a plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. Battling for years and years stunk in the endless cycle of minimum payments could take decades. You have the right to get your debt resolved and substantially reduce your monthly payments. Call Total Financial Freedom Now at eight hundred eighty seven eight sixty twenty. That's eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty eight hundred eight seven eight six zero two zero.
Speaker 1: Let's face it, guys, we're living in times where the truth is becoming more suppressed and censorship is increasing in the alarming rate, especially on social media platforms. It's Clyde and I want to tell you about a safe and secure digital playground we put together just for you. It's aftermath dot Media. You get access to thousands of ground Zero archives and podcasts, along with our private social media groups with your basic membership starting at only seven dollars a month. Each subscription includes tech support, access to the RSS feeds, along with our own chat room and Telegram channel. In addition, the premium membership includes research study groups, webinars, a document and movie library, a live video stream of ground Zero, a monthly zoom chat with Me, and other bonus content. Be sure to check out our yearly specials as well. Sign up today. While you're thinking about it, sign up at aftermath dot Media.
Speaker 4: Again. That's aftermath dot Media, and we are back up.
Speaker 2: The Doctor Show one eight seven seven dot DOLLI one eight seven seven d C d A l I. Big thanks to Talk Media Network for making the show happen. Big thanks to Daniel, our producer. Big thanks to you all for tuning in. We really do appreciate it. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter. Our exit Doctor Dahlia space with Facebook that Doctor Dahlia show. No, I'm not on space was it? What was it space act?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Was it? Uh? It was space? Oh there was another one. I forget what the first one was. And then of course YouTube clicked like and subscribe. It wasn't space X. What was it my Space? It was my Space. I think I logged on once. I never really did the my Space. Interesting how my Space was one of the first, but it didn't take off like the others, just like uh, you know how the iPhone took off after the BlackBerry. But I want to talk about this helicopter parenting because we keep hearing these cases where mommy and daddy are going to their child's interview, job interview. Okay, See, I grew up in a time where parents were the kryptonite of of whatever you did. So you need to look like you are as far away from your parents as much as possible. You need to move out of your parents house as quickly as possible. You need to look like you are so detached from your parents that they cannot have any of that kryptonite rub off on you, and then you lose the job, et cetera. And it's it's that's because I'm gen X. Things are different now and you are seeing a lot of parents be more hands on, and I gotta admit I even as a parent. Look, I'm honest. I'm honest. I'm a lot more hands on with my kids than I expected to be. Uh And and I think part of the reason why is I was not hands on for years. I was always working. And I'm like, you know, they're gonna be fine. And I feel so guilty, like like, for example, I don't know if I got I told you guys this. I think I might have told you this. I really feel guilty about this. My the very first time my older boy got sick, he was a baby, and he had a horrible sore throat, and I said, I'm not gonna be one of these doctor moms that's gonna jump and throw them on antibiotics and run and take them to the doctor. No, okay, I'm not going to be like, you know, I'm not gonna take advantage of the system because I'm a doctor, and you know he's got a sore throat, it's probably viral. Well two or three days in, you know, he's not eating. So I examined him in between working back and forth, So I would only see my child for a couple hours a day because I was working at Nelly's Quick Air, which was the shifts were eleven am to eleven pm, but you really would to get home till about one two am, and it would take me about forty five minutes to get there. So I basically only so I'm a child maybe from eight am to ten. Right, so I finally have a small window of opportunity to look at my kid and he's got eggs, dates and white stuff all over his throat. He has strip and I'm like, whoa, I'm taking the kid into the doctor or I'm gonna have Corey do it. Get him treated, get him out of biotics, get him treated. And I'm like, okay, you know what, I can't do this, you know, just because I don't want to be one of those helicopter parents, I could be putting my kid at risk. Then that same child we take to a friend of ours for his routine well check and the wife is an rn lovely lady, but she brings out the shots, the vaccines, and my child's about what four months old, and one is really pretty. It's a rose color, and I go, that's a pretty one. Which one is that one? And she goes, well, it's the MMR. I go, well, well, you don't give the MR to a four month old. You do that when they're won. And so I learned early on with my child that nobody could be the best advocate and to ensure that mistakes don't happen except me, and I swear to God, I started out with the kids as I'm gonna be hands off and time and time again, and I mean, don't get me started on the berth doctor Wax, you don't need to be watching the monitor. We got this, you're the patient. Meanwhile, I have to scream at the staff to look at the monitor because I am hearing the sounds where my son's heart rate was in the forties and apparently I was in a thirteen minute contraction and nobody noticed. Now, I love staff, I love nurses. The nurses are the backbone of our medical system. I've worked with some amazing people, but somehow with this one child, right, we have had mistake after mistake after mistake be made. And I said, you know what, I'm gonna be more. And then when the second one comes, I'm like, I'm not I'm not taking any chances. Okay, this child relies on me. I'm gonna be there now. Have I gone to a job interview for them? No? Have no, No. Let them do their thing. They need to They need to fall, they need to get back up, they need to brush their dust off, they need to do their thing. And you know they will do fine. But I think, what's happening why some of these Let me just you know, read this, uh really quickly. Here. This comes from News Nation, they say. HR professionals say a growing number of parents are getting involved in their children children adult children's job services, even applying for jobs on their behalf in some cases, and some parents are even coming in to the interview. Most are Gen xers who search for work using the dot com boom, and hiring was plentiful. Now young professionals are dealing with widespread job loss on top of new pressures like AI and social media. One thing that I've talked to parents about is they feel their child has autism or as burgers or is on the spectrum. So whereas with our generation, Okay, you need a job, go and pay and pound, put on a suit and tie, get your ass out there, brush your teeth, shavee, put some deodorant on and go door to door, you know, have a nice resume and go it. Okay, it's not like that. Now they gotta go on on. They have to you know, they have to interview online. And and a lot of the kids that you know, many people now are a little bit more socially anemic, whether they're on the autism spectrum or whether it's because of COVID or them just not knowing how to deal with people or how to answer people or how to you know, deal with the nuances. So people are not very socially savvy. So I think a lot of parents are looking at their kid going, oh God, he's gonna he is gonna totally choke, you know, during the interview. And and so I think parents feel they have a responsibility to ensure success. Now, don't sit here and blame these parents that want their kids to succeed. When you have Clint Eastwood's son who's doing really, really well. I don't know what Clint Eastwood son. I forget his name is David Eastwood. Anyway, he's you know, he's an actor and he's doing well. And you have the Francis for a Coppola family, and you have the you know, Surrey Cruise is in the Yeah, I mean, trust me, Hollywood is all about nepotism. There's nepotism everywhere, all right. And a good parent is gonna want to ensure that their child has success. A better parent ensures that their child also learns how to fail. If you don't know how to fail, you're not going to know how to succeed. So it's but these kids don't have those opportunities. When I grew up, it was go to Jack in the box, go to McDonald's, get your first job, learn on the and and and learn the ropes. These kids aren't getting hired at these they're not they're not working, they're not you know, they're they're they're home playing video games and their parents they're not getting these on the job uh uh experiences. So we're having these kids and these adults that really don't know how to do too much. I'm very grateful for my husband. He's he's actually done really good because he made my kids learn how to do mechanics, how to learn electricity plumbing. He gets the boys involved. One is more interested than the other, but they want to learn and they're like, look, I could do this, I could do this. You know. I was talking to my son's fiance. She's like, I love that he knows how to do things. And I'm like, exactly, I know that's that's Corey made sure they learn that, you know. I mean, now, I taught them a lot, but I I didn't know how. I can't even kill a spider. I I mean, I I it's you. I'll by the way, I was like that, I've changed my own oil. I've i've I've done spark plugs, I've i've re uh put a new car, radios. I mean, I know how to work on stuff. When I lived alone, I did a lot of that myself, fix toilets. I know how to do stuff. But once I got married and busy with the office, I'm busy with the kids, I was like, let my husband do it, and I got lazy. So, you know, Hobby does all that for me. You know, But I got two boys that need to be able to, you know, navigate, just like two women need to. And you know, they need to learn how to do stuff. But you know, these parents are like, look, Dahlia, it's a different time. They can't get a job easily. You know, how do I make them you know, uh, hired by an AI bot? How do these guys know about a well? Well, by the way, your younger child knows more about AI than you do. So you know, sometimes let the child kind of navigate and and and they might be able to know how to you know, get their application pinged better than you can. But if your child isn't working, and your child needs to feed themselves, and you need to make sure that that child can take care of themselves, and later you yeah, you're gonna want to help them, just don't go to the interview. Don't accentuate the fact that they aren't able to stand on their own yet. But it is a different time now, and it's very frustrating. I think parents are very nervous. I know I'm nervous. I know all I had to do was get through school, get a job. No, this was way before Obamacare, so I thought, no matter what, doctors will always have a place to practice. Things are different, things are different for all of us now. So you got to make sure your kid knows how to fail. But even if it's get a temporary job, but let them learn how to stand on their own feet one eight seven seven, Dot Dolly, don't go away? Thank dall you here? Are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily pressures of life? Well, how's your dopamine doing? How you feel right now, how you'll feel an hour from now, and how you'll feel next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Calikus and I created Deployed Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay it when needed. Find Deploying Dopamine on Amazon today check it out.
Speaker 5: Lisa worldf heere to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred radio shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free. Is our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you. Are seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log on to one hundred radio shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 2: One year back. I'm not the Dollie Show one eight seven seven dot Dolly one eight seven seven d O C D A L. I. So a few days back, one of my listeners wanted to comment on this Muslim brotherhood, and I believe Hassan Piker saying that people not voting for l SI ed that we have a lot of Islamophobes in the Democratic Party. And I'm seeing these memes of of some you know, uh American versus uh uh uh some sentiment kind of concerned about terrorism, and and I I I'll say a few things on the on the subject. You know, there's there's a lot of different points of view of what's going on, you know, having it to Israel multiple times and seeing you know, uh a family and friends who live with Muslims and israelis in peace. You know, the media wants to make it look like in Israel that the Muslims and the and you know are at each other's throughout the Muslims, the Christians, the Jews and Israel live in peace. The the you know, using the hospitals, the schools, the the you know, they're they're they're, I mean, it's it's you know, we Gaza and Ramas, what's going on with Hamas and has Bulla and Iran whole different thing. But but you know, Muslims and Jews and Christians can live in peace. However, there are factions that are associating with terrorist groups and we need to be very mindful of that. And Senator Ted Cruz has been very uh open and uh you know, advocating for us to look deeper as it as it pertains to the Muslim Brotherhood, which we believe is supporting a lot of the Democratic Socialist candidates. Now, Abdul l Sayed has gotten criticism for his support of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. There's an ad saying that he pledged his support for the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood and designated terrorist organization the most radical senate candidate in America, and the nrsc's claim comes after an op ed l Sayed wrote back in twenty eleven, he was an associate professor of Columbia University and he urged the United States to back the Muslim Brotherhood protesters in Egypt. At the time, he said they were revolutionary counterparts of the Iranian regime. In twenty twelve, the group, designated as a terrorist organization now by Trump and Secretary of State Mark Rubio, successfully overthrew the Islamist regime of Hastening mu Mubarak and installed Mohammed Morsey to serve as the country's president at his first regent reason for urging the US to support the Muslim Brotherhood, according to The Daily Signal, El Sayed run his op ed that the Mubarik regime has maintained peace with Israel. He countered any US concerns that if they were to support the Muslim Brotherhood protesters in Egypt could empower Hamas to take stronger control of Gaza, there is Molamic Republic of Iran and further instability in the region. El Sayed said all those were unsubstantiating claims. Well. The Muslim Brotherhood ruled over Egypt from twenty twelve to twenty thirteen. The Islamic Republic is still in power in Iran, still threatening America, threatening their own constituents. Hamas gained huge power, attacked Israel numerous genocidal attacks against Israeli civilians. The October seventh massacre Hamas political wings still in control of the Gaza strip, and El Sayed had written that even if the Muslim Brotherhood were to take power, there are several reasons why the ensuing state would look nothing like Iran, because the Muslim Brotherhood is a Sunni organization, which by nature is less hierarchical than the site brand of the region. So I'm not here to go back and forth between the Sunnis and the Site and the Muslim Brotherhood. But what is concerning people is that, you know, America has certain landmark and foundation credences and values, Okay, and you know one is election integrity, which we're not really seeing all Americans kind of get behind. A support democracy, freedom, being able to have a freedom of speech. Nobody should feel sidelined as a result of their religion or their support you know for Israel. I mean, these are things that that need to be uh preserved uh and and and that are just kind of a part of our everyday fabric. You should be able to be Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, not fear Hindu Buddha, and not fear any repercussion um, not fear that there won't be protection that you can't go to a college class because there's going to be unchecked uh, agitators and protesters stopping you and attacking you. I mean that this is America, but also that we are anti terrorism. We don't support anybody that we don't We're not on the side of terrorism at all. Now I understand the media is like, oh, well, this country is doing terrorism. This is but you know, there there's there's objective proof of who iran terroristic magimee. That's I mean, the citizens are saying, help us for the love of God. And so one concern that people have and I'm not saying this would be what else I ED would do, but a concern people have is if there's this oh you know what, they're good, you know, you know, I understand we have a different hierarchy. We got sune versus she eyed versus. What's confusing the American people is, you know, America's focus is safety, not to eleven not happening again. And I'm not saying the UZZLEM Brotherhood would take part of that, but people are concerned. Is there going to be the same sort of scrutiny. Is there going to be the same sort of focus on ensuring that hamas or has Bola doesn't get to sink in and take advantage of some of our candidates lackadaisical attitudes. If l Sayed's attitude, you know, you know, is mirrored by a same movement that allowed Hamas to gain such control over Gaza. Who's watching the cells in America? Who if somebody, if say Ed is in power or any of these individuals are in power, and they say, look, you know, we gotta you know, we we think, you know, with the open borders, we got a lot of wolves and sheep's clothing. We think we got some cells and people infiltrating, you know, wanting to take advantage. Are they going to take the stand going no, no, no, no, no, no no, we're gonna squash any of them. No no, Hamas does not come into America, has Bullet doesn't come to America. We're not gonna let heron take advantage of the border. Are they going to have that same attitude? And people are concerned nine to eleven should have never happened. But what is so frightening is El Sayed has been seen on stage with Hassan Parker multiple times, who said we deserved nine to eleven. Yeah, people are nervous. I don't know much about lsa Ed. He could be the coolest dude, I don't know. But these actions do start to make people go, are you gonna be you know, on guard? Are you gonna be ensuring that Americans don't get attacked? Or are you going to be siding with somebody who's supporting you and saying, yeah, that's that's on us. We deserved it. Look at what happened after October seventh. People said Israel deserved it. A child being beheaded and thrown in an oven, kids being raped until their pelvis is were fractured, people being abducted and raped and abused at a piece at a peace concert. Who who deserved what? And so? And even Hassan Biker even said, uh, you know it was justified what Kamas did. Okay, that is flippin' frightening. And if we have candidates that are actually not even shy about sharing stages and platforms with these individuals, who's going to protect America? So yeah, I am concerned. One eight seven seven Doctelli.
Speaker 6: CARLAMI here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred radio shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old.
Speaker 3: Time radio shows available.
Speaker 6: To you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log onto one hundred radio shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 7: Have you ever thought you'd like to buy and sell houses but didn't know how or where to get the money. My name is Ron Legrand, and over the past forty years, I've bought over three thousand houses without using my money or credit, and taught thousands to do the same today, even in a virtual environment, we buy nice houses and nice neighborhoods using no banks, grilters, contractors, or other costly entanglements, and build huge cash flow and wealth without the hassle of tenants, all without credit and little or no money. You don't need a license or experience, and I'll show you exactly how it's done. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and I'll send you my free training. I promise you I'll change the way you think about real estate and open the door to a new lifestyle that doesn't involve risk or rehabs and can quickly replace your current income. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and let me show you how to take your life back and build cash flow and wealth from your home. That's free to ninety nine seven ninety nine, and again free to ninety nine seven ninety nine.
Speaker 8: As an organ donor, your story doesn't have to end. The good in you can live on. In fact, you could save up to eight lives and restore site and health for many more. Sign up right now online as an organ I and tissue donor. You'll be happy you did. Just maybe someone else will be happy to go to organdonor dot gov. It saves lives. US Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and so this is administration.
Speaker 2: And when year back of the Actadolia Show one eight seven seven Doc Dolly one eight seven seven d O C D A L. I. So interestingly, I have been the one in the family that always tried to bring people together. In my family, I had thought it was ridiculous that family members would to talk to each other. They would fight over the stupidest things, and I just felt with my moral compass that no matter what, I would always bring everybody together. And it wasn't until last year when I was tired of all the threats and attacks and damage that a couple family members were doing that I decided to estrange from my family. Not not my son and husband and others, you know, no extended family, and I'm still close to my nephews and things like that, but the two toxic people, I'm like, no more. I just because it wasn't so much affecting me, but now it was going to affect other family members, and it's my duty to protect my family. And I had to make that decision, which was a very difficult decision. We're talking multiple decades of me always being the opposite, and it's never something that I ever advocated for. On the show, I was like, look, you guys can make it work. Blood is thicker than water. Don't let stupid things break you up. But when you have somebody that's continuing attacking you and trying to hurt you and now trying to go after your kids and other things because they're psychotic, you have a duty to protect people. And the hardest decision you have to make is telling the family member no funny thing is is before I even did that, the family member cut me off. So I still feel like, look, you know, I know how to make things up. I know how to forgive and forget. But something that's telling me, don't let this person cut me off because they keep causing damage while this article cut my eye in Fox News. Five reasons more Americans are cutting off their own parents. This is going to a psychologist and Aaron Rodgers. I believe had years long estrangement from members of a family, which I believe he just reconciled with his parents. But a twenty twenty five u goov survey found that thirty eight percent of US adults are strange from at least one family member, whether it's siblings, parents, children, or grandparents. I'm surprised. It's only that. I think there's a lot more, and so there's a lot of different reasons why people are doing this. I think the stupidest reason is political. Okay, do not let Biden or Trump or Obama or whatever's going on in the media get between you and the family. I think it's ridiculous for people to dislike somebody just because of politics. Right, blood is thicker than a male in ballot. But there was a study looking at two thousand mother adult chold relationships that found that value dissimilarity was a strong predictor of estrangement, suggesting that differing beliefs may play a large role in family rips. Then I have friends who say, you know, at dinner time there are discussions limit really quickly because they feel they wouldn't be able to talk to their kids because their kids take politics so seriously that they just have to bite their tongue. And it's like, why did we let politics get like this? Social media influence, they say, social media influence has affected people's relationships. A study of nearly ninety eight hundred teens found that spending more than two hours a day and social media was linked to significantly greater odds of negative relationships with one or both parents. Well, if your parents says this is how I'm punishing you. You know, parents hopefully aren't beating their children anymore with belts and things like that, like we were grown up with. But what parents are doing is okay, Well, how we're gonna punish you was you want have access to your phone? Well, then these kids are like, well then I hate you. So I believe that's what's going on there, and then the therapy culture. The psychologist who was interviewed, let me see if I could give credit where credit is do. Doctor Richard Blake a British psychologist an author based in Austin, Texas. He says that that changing attitudes towards trauma and abuse have influenced how some people view relationships with their parents. They say, another justification is I cut off my parents to protect my mental health. And this is sort of a false belief. They say, there is this huge bias that if you're struggling in your adult life and thus because your parents did something they shouldn't or didn't do something. So even though for me it was a toxicity and them affecting my kids, you do have this argument where if people do not get along with their parents and they feel that their mental health is better away from them, they have been encouraged to get away from them. You know. For me, I had to physically move to get away too. And I think God never really had mental health issues. I get some days where I get sad, and you know, days that I'm happy, but the the you know, trauma that I feel I went through as a kid. Uh, it took me moving away from them, and I do believe with some individuals you do have to get away. But if somebody says, well, you know what, they took my phone away, and so they're just evil, and you're like, okay, come on, they're your parents, Come on, quit being a weenie, you know. So it is kind of interesting. You know a lot of people they feel sorry for themselves. But yeah, your parents do need to take care of you, and they do need to instill some rules communication practice. Breakdowns are huge. People don't know how to talk, People don't know how to fight, people don't know how to have conversations. It took a lot of work with me and my husband because you know, I learned a lot about how to communicate and de escalate. And my husband did it, you know, And so you know, he would just you know, throw bombs right right verbally, you know. And and and I'm like, okay, are you done. I haven't even gotten to my bbis yet. Okay, when you're done, can we have a conversation about this? And and we would wait until I would, you know, And and and I've been really really able to make this marriage work, you know, but it it the communication was a challenge, you know. And even for me, some days I have a bad days. I'm like, you know what, I'm not even wanting to know and do any of the stuff I trained on. I'm just gonna cuss and I'm just gonna and sometimes you do want to feel like a baby. But if you don't know how to communicate and fight and handle issues correctly, now the relationship could fall apart. So a lot of people they don't know, they'll they'll just go right after the nukes and they'll just insult and make and and and go for the the gut. And then you know, appearance like what you said about me, I can never unhear. And then of course outside influences. You know, family used to be the most important thing. Now people trust non family members, they trust bots, they trust avatars, they trust these fake profiles and ai over their parents or their family. And so that's a concern. But what I recommend is if you are in this situation where there could because I mean, if the family doesn't take care of the family, who takes care of your family? So we do have to reintroduce the family unit, and we do need families being responsible for family. But I do understand that there's only so much you could do. I mean, for years I said that my family was worse to me than my worst enemies. And and you know, people I grew up with and and you know, people I was close to, They go, oh, you know, I remember so and so would do that. Do they still do that? And I was like, oh, my gosh, you remember that. I mean, I mean, I I other people witnessed it, and I didn't think anything was wrong. I was like, well, I guess that's what parents can do. I guess that's what you know. And it wasn't until other people like, no, you gotta go away from that. And and you know, so so I would talk to a counselor get some guidance on what your situation is. Are you being a baby? Are you making mountains out of molehills?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Or is this something that is leading to poor mental health or can lead to your financial room or lead to I mean, there's only so much you could do. And and if you feel overwhelmed, and if they're taking you with them, you know, into this abyss, you have every right to survive, you know, and you want to get them help. But you know, you have every every right and and a lot of us are taking advantage of I. I. I. You know, it's interesting because I always thought parents. I always thought families were you know, more Brady budge like and cool. Now that I'm close to so many people, I realize that everybody has their drama, and boy is the dysfunctionality pandemic. But usually you have a good enough core family to kind of stave off and may manage that that toxicity. But when you have others where it's just so rampant, like a cancer, the families just break apart, and so it's a shape and but don't let stupid reasons break you apart. Don't let politics, don't let ai, don't let a love interest. You know, there should be ways to mend things, especially with your kids. One eight seven seven dot.
Speaker 9: All can you believe with all the reason violent protests, looting, and destruction, some areas are considering either defund or abolishing the police.
Speaker 10: At a time when America's neighborhoods need the protection of police the most, some elected officials would rather create more chaos by playing politics. If you're sick of elected officials caving in to demands of the radical left.
Speaker 4: You're not alone.
Speaker 10: It's time we stand up and declare our support for local police. The majority of police officers are important partners in protecting our god given rights. If you prefer freedom over chaos, then learn how you can help protect the local police that serve your community. Call today and request your free support your local police infopackt nile eight hundred JBS USA one. That's eight hundred JBS USA one. Request your free support your local police info packet by calling eight hundred JBS USA one today