Speaker 1: Turn smatch we have.
Speaker 2: Today you bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 3: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 4: No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot I em today.
Speaker 3: You bet builders hanging by a thread here.
Speaker 2: Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 4: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash.
Speaker 3: If your bet builder loses on.
Speaker 4: The biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 3: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 4: No be beat or power to you Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling Care Do.
Speaker 5: I The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 6: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Attention dittoheads, attention bo scouts. It's time for the soul of excellence.
Speaker 3: He is a radio host here in New York. The Rush Hour is on the air. Rush Rush. Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 7: Welcome, my friends to the Tuesday edition in bost Nerdly's Rush Hour. We usually start with the clip we are dispensing with that today. This is the fastest hour in American media. As you may know, earlier today we got the news that jeff See Jackson, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, passed away, former presidential candidate, the leader of Rainbow Pushed Coalition to Rainbow Push Coalition. And for those that have followed politics, you'll remember when Jesse Jackson first emerged following the death of the Reverend doctor Martin Luther King Junior in Memphis, Tennessee, and had become a force unlike many others in the civil rights industry, if I may use that phrase, because that's what it turned into. President of the United States Donald Trump had a long post that began with saying that he knew Jesse Jackson well long before he became president. He was a good man with lots of personality, grit, and street smarts, very gregarious, somebody who loved people, And he went on to recount how he had provided office space for Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition for years in the Trump Building in Wall Street, and had passed criminal Justice Reform, which was a issued deer to Jesse Jackson's heart. Also opportunities zones. You can find that statement, of course, on True Social and online. Today we have a variation. You know, we don't usually have many guests. We do have guests on the program, but today we're going to open the show with very very special guests, two of them, because today is the fifth anniversary of the passing of Rush Lombaugh, the greatest force in American radio and a man that changed the media landscape, not just in radio five far beyond radio, changed the very landscape of American media, and a force beyond that. I'd like to welcome to this program his friends. Among his friends, Rush had many friends, his closest friends. Many of them still, of course, are sad and grieving like all the rest of us. But they knew Rush differently because after the show was over, in many cases, he'd hang out with them, He spent time with him. They got to see Rush off the air and get to know him. David Rossau and his wife Jeanie are just incredible, incredible people. Going through their backgrounds would probably take half an hour. Business successful in business and everything from resorts to votings to in the financial industry and education. And in fact, David ross I was the chairman of the board of trustees at Oxbridge Academy, which is one of the finest schools in America. Full disclaimer. I David asked me to become a member of the board of trustees and I have. This school is just one of the most incredible schools in this country. But today we want to focus on Rush and talking about Rush. David, Jenie, welcome to the program. How are you?
Speaker 3: We're great, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh it's great to hear your voice and Jeanie and I are honored to be on your radio show.
Speaker 8: However, I've got to get my box of kleenox so I don't cry for the whole time you're talking about Lush.
Speaker 7: I know five years today and of course five years and it doesn't seem like five years, but it tell us about your relationship with Rush. What how did you guys, and not even tell us what you want us to know about your relationship with Rush and who he was.
Speaker 1: Well, I played a lot of golf with Rush, and I also then Genie played with him at least every Sunday when Geenie and I would go to church meet the club, have lunch together, sometimes just the three of us, Sometimes Geenie would have another gal there and we'd have lunch, hit a couple of golf balls and go out and play eighteen holes. And we always had a great time. And you know, one of the endearing things about Russ is people would come up to him, talk to him, want a picture taken with him, want an autograph. He never refused a soul. I found it at times, if it were me, it would be aggravating. Rush didn't find that aggravating. He found it to be, you know, important. It was you know, he knew who he was, He recognized people wanted to be So you know, I guess, I guess I'll finish up by saying one thing and Jemmie mate will pay echo this. He was a big teddy bear, very big teddy.
Speaker 8: I might have to go get my kleenex box.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 10: He was very special. People would say, who did you have.
Speaker 8: Dinner with on Saturday night, and I would say, oh, Russian David, and I can't remember who else was at the table, but and then that person would say, well, did you sit next to Russ?
Speaker 10: I said, yes, of course I did.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't let anybody else.
Speaker 10: Sit next to him.
Speaker 8: It went on. It was a great relationship, and he shared a lot of his joys and a lot of his sadness. And I felt like I really thought it was.
Speaker 10: I was his sister.
Speaker 1: Well, he recorded a genius sist all the time. And I'll give you a great example. I spent the formative years of my life in Minneapolis, and my brother and my parents remained there. My brother stayed there, and when my parents were elderly, I would go out there periodically. But it was my brother who was a caregiver and Rush knew that. So we had a dinner party one night. My brother came to Connecticut, I mean to Florida, and we invited Rush along with some other good friends who knew Rush. And I will say, there's a great deal of apprehension on my brother and his wife's part, and Rush came sat down, we had cocktails, sat down at dinner, and he stood up during dinner and made a toast, and every you know, I was I didn't know what to expect because Rush was a great guy, and if he was going to make a toast, he was going to make a toast. And he toasted my brother and sister in law and thanked them for being the caring people they were to take care of our parents in their last years. Well, I've got to tell you, there wasn't a there wasn't a dry on house. My brother and his wife were stunned beyond belief, and Rush toasted them, and from that moment on there was no hesitation about them. Speaking with Russian understanding that he really is was he'd say that a kind, kind man.
Speaker 10: Wow, got to get my play next.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, talk about for a minute, David. One of the things that I posted an article today. I had a few minutes this morning to just remember some things. And I think that one of the things that Rush was most proud about was the fact that his audience this thirty up to it was close to thirty million people at the time that he passed away, but they were also among the most giving people in the world. Rush raised millions and millions of dollars to fight diseases like leukemia, childhood leukemia, to help the families of American military and law enforcement officers who were struck down while serving the country. He'd loved the American military and did all he could to extend generosity. And then there was the they were the anonymous gifts to people. He would hear about a situation and just want to help. You knew him, talk about his spirit, who he was in terms of this enormous success that he had, but still his heart.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: Rush always considered himself a child from Missouri who never went to college. His parents thought he would be a failure, and he wished many many times that his parents were alive to see his success. His brother, he has only a brother, and then he asked some cousins and an uncle who were very loyal to him. I've got had the pleasure of meeting over the years and spending time with But Rush was just in midwestern He's from Missouri, and he had values that went above and beyond the values that you generally see. If Brush saw a wrong, he tried to write it. He was he was determined. He'd say, I make an obscene amount of money and he shared it, and he did so, as you mentioned, Bo discreetly. He and Catherine went out one Christmas Eve, I think it was, and they had envelopes filled with one hundred dollars bills and they would just stop and hand them to a random people. The ups driver, the guy at the gas station, some person just walking down the street. They'd run out, handed the out en all to say Merry Christmas, and then jump back in the car and disappeared. You know, those were things I know no one ever heard about her, and he never talked about it. He just happened to mention it to Genie and myself. He just was in a new usual man. He was giving, he was sharing. We spent lots of time on his playing, going to various places to play golf, and he'd invite whoever he wanted to play with him and whoever needed a ride. We came back from California after what was then called the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic. He was stopping in Denver to watch the Denver Broncos play football, and we had four or five other people on the plane who needed a ride back to the East Coast. And it wasn't as though he said, well, we're going to Palm Beach. You got to get yourself home from there. He dropped them. He had the pilots dropping them at individual airports where they had cars and so forth. One last story, I'll remember the Super Bowl weekend about twenty one years ago. I can only I can remember because when our granddaughter was born and I was scheduled we're going to play golf together on Saturday morning. He walked into the locker room and he looked at me. He said, we're are your golf shoes. I said, I'm not playing to it. I just want to let you know. And by the way, Jeanie and I can't come.
Speaker 10: To your.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl party.
Speaker 1: He said why, and I said, I got to call at three this morning. We have a new granddaughter. We're going to get home and see her as quickly as we can. He said, well, how are you going to do that. Your plane is in for service. We were fortunate at that time to have a plane. And I said, we're going to fly commercial. He said, no, you're not, and went to the phone booth.
Speaker 9: Came back.
Speaker 1: He said, meeting my plane at ten o'clock at the airport. They're finding you to Bridgeport, Connecticut, and that was that, and he walked out to play golf, and sure enough, that's what happened. I mean, those were you know, we always thought we were being treated special, but he treated everybody.
Speaker 3: He knew that way.
Speaker 7: Man, I'll tell you what there's you know, it is five years and I don I think that people have really heard very much what kind of person Rush was besides the media caricatures. And that's one of the reasons that I asked you guys to come on, and I'm so grateful that you have. He was a unique man, and he was a loving man, a giving man, and a very generous person. But he was a person that also cared a lot about people. And in his off the air he could sometimes just be very quiet and very humble and all of that. It wasn't it all like the caricature that was portrayed about him in many parts of the press.
Speaker 3: Would you agree with that totally.
Speaker 1: I've seen a doctor about something or other and my appointment was about to be over and it was almost noon and he said, I'm sorry, I've got to leave early. I said, okay, thank you very much, and he said, I've got to get to my car and eat my lunch so I can listen to Russia.
Speaker 10: On the air.
Speaker 1: I said what he said, Yeah, I've listened to him in my car. So I told Rush the next time we played golf, and he looked at me. He said, you're not serious. You made that up. I said, no, I'm deadly serious. I'd love to introduce you to the guy. He said, I want to meet him someday.
Speaker 5: And he was.
Speaker 1: He was almost moved to tears. He couldn't believe a doctor would go to his car eat his lunch there while he was listening to Russia's show.
Speaker 3: He was He was not.
Speaker 1: He was not the guy who reveled in his success. He was the man who reveled in the fact that he was so lucky to have success and his stability was unbelievable, totally, totally. Well you saw that too, bough. I mean he the times we would come into the studio and watch the show. I mean, how silly is that to go watch a radio show, right, But we enjoyed it because he was just on the air. He was a character, the smartest man I've ever met my life without a college degree. People were astonished by that. But he had a recall on everything, and he was just brilliant.
Speaker 10: Amen to that, loving and respectful.
Speaker 8: I'm about to cry now, which is hold on, let me.
Speaker 7: Say goodbye to you on the other side of the break, because the next segment is going to be sure. But don't don't don't go wait, We'll be right back. James Goldin is thirty fastest oud and media. Next segment is going to be really short. Keep it right there. We are remembering Russian Bah. Today is the fifth anniversary of his passion. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Rush.
Speaker 5: This is the Rush Hour with James Goldenly The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 12: James Golden known popularly as both Nervely.
Speaker 7: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. I just wanted to have a moment to thank both Jeanie and David Rossau, who were two of Russia's dearest friends on this earth, for spending some time with us this afternoon. Thank you both so much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for asking us, and thank you for what you do and also for being such a loyal.
Speaker 3: Man to Rush.
Speaker 5: He thought so.
Speaker 1: Highly of you and the work you did over almost thirty years, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thirty years.
Speaker 1: Wow, But thank you very much for having us and.
Speaker 3: We miss him. We miss him.
Speaker 10: Terrifory, bring us back nine memories.
Speaker 3: Thank you, We'll be back, folks.
Speaker 5: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 12: James Golden known popularly as both Nerdly.
Speaker 3: This is The Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 13: By the way, I watched AOC answering questions in Munich.
Speaker 3: This was not a good look for the United States.
Speaker 13: I watched Gavin Nwskam answering question answer in Munich, and this was a bad look for our country.
Speaker 14: This was a bad These two people are incompetent, and at least Hillory is competent. She's just Trump deranged. She was so deranged. She is an angry woman.
Speaker 13: But I watched the other two speaking and answering basic questions. Look, Gavin has destroyed California and AOC I never really got her. I never heard her speak very much. Yet they started answering questions. She had no idea what was happening. She had no idea how to answer, you know, very important questions concerning the world. But she can't answer questions concerning New York City either, because New York City is got some problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was Donald Trump on Air Force One. All right, then, ladies and gentlemen, Tricia McLaughlin is stepping down as DHS secretary.
Speaker 3: And James Carville is out. Do we have time?
Speaker 7: James Carville is making predictions, ladies and gentlemen, about the November elections.
Speaker 3: Cut three.
Speaker 7: Here in case you don't know what James Carville thinks and you're interested, here is mister Carville with his predictions of what will happen in the mid term election.
Speaker 3: I know it's hard.
Speaker 11: I know we all got to get through this difficult times, but never forget this, Micra, and never forget that if we don't develop a sense of like I don't know, you call it gallows humor, then the bastards have won. But they're not gonna beat us, because we're gonna laugh at these mother and we're gonna do it a lot, and we're gonna laugh heartily, and we're gonna laugh out loud, and then we're gonna beat their asses come November and the November after that. God blessed the United States of America. God blessed the decent citizens that live in this country and all he's in the White House.
Speaker 7: That is the political analysis of November elections from one of Bill Clinton's top aides, James Carvill. Ladies and gentlemen, Just so thought you'd like to know. As I mentioned at the top of the program, Jesse Jackson passed away.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: Spend time after someone passes away that was in the political opposition to many things that I felt trashing that person, and I'm not going to do it here. I saw some comments on social media that were totally classless, and I will say this about Jesse Jackson. He fought his fight what he thought his purpose was on earth, and he fought it bravely. There's one thing that I do remember about Jesse Jackson, and it was one of the moments that I felt proudest of Jesse Jackson. But what it took it was when he ran for president. He did run twice, but I think it was the race that he was running against Ducaccus. He came in second and he had five I believe it was five primary victories that year and he came in second to Ducaccus and the Democrats fail bid. Then I don't remember much about his speech that night when the Democrats held their convention, but I do remember this because I have not seen it.
Speaker 3: Before.
Speaker 7: I hadn't seen it, and I hadn't seen it afterwards when he gave his speech. At one point in the speech, he mentioned, and I'm paraphrasing, I don't have the exact quotes in front of me, but he mentioned that there could be people that perceive that he had wronged them, and he asked people to please forgive him if he had done something or said something that brought them harm. He asked, very humbly, asked for people's forgiveness. And I, oh, she's got me saying it now, and I've been saying it so much after Alexandria Okashio cork Tensis, and then now I'm starting to say it.
Speaker 3: And but he.
Speaker 7: Begged for he asked people for forgiveness, and he did it. And you could tell, at least I could tell. I believed that it wasn't a political line, that it was a heart felt line. It was a heart felt, wish emotion that he was conveying to the audience. And it struck me in a way that I reacted emotionally to it. I thought I'd never seen this before. I remember, I've never seen a politician do this before, unless, of course, they got caught in some kind of sex scandal or something like that, and they were just hunting for votes in that way. But there wasn't a scandal attached to it.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 7: A general I'm here in front of America, and I know I'm not perfect, and so if i have done something to bring harm to you, I'm asking for your forgiveness. And I thought that would stand up of Jesse Jackson, and I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: As to the politics of Jesse Jackson, I can leave that to another day.
Speaker 3: This is a man that.
Speaker 7: Devoted his life to doing what he thought was right, and people will argue that point as well. I have been very critical of certain aspects of the race industry in America and I will continue to be, but today is not that day. Jesse Jackson's judge. Today is the judge that we all will face, and there is no no escaping the judgment for any of our lives. And so I would just like to spend today to wish Jesse Jackson's family. Those people that supported Jesse Jackson over the years, and just America condolences and just say that you know he was a force, that he was a force in this country. And I hope that one day we arrived at a place in America where the race industry is no longer needed. And I think that would be the best legacy for those who are working for the term that they call racial justice and for true equality in this nation and the America that lives up to the values that our founders articulated at our founding, in America where everybody has an equal stake in it, regardless of our views. But condolences to the family of Jesse Jackson and to those who worked and who loved him. Voter id is still up. Speaking of civil rights, Nick Shirley was in California and Nick Shirley had a brief interview man on the street with a woman. She was very turned off by it. The dynamics of that we have on audio. But I ask a question of you before you listen to it. As you're listening to this and when you hear the substance of this brief interview, ask yourself if you have ever seen a reporter for a network in America with this story and if you haven't, why do you think you haven't? Cut number eleven. This guy is a social media reporter, not accredited with any any big of the mainstream press. Listen to this dialogue he has. It's he and I think someone is working with him. And then they briefly interview a woman on the streets out in the California neighborhood they're visiting.
Speaker 3: Gloria voted in the last election. She's at one hundred years old.
Speaker 9: Yeah, born in nineteen twenty five, still kicking.
Speaker 15: What do you think about? Over thirty people are registered to vote in this UPS store right here, Zallo stranged you?
Speaker 1: Is it through PO boxes?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know what are you trying to do or what are you trying to prove?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you have to reregister where you live, right where your primary residence is. And so if you've got a primary residence that's a UPS store. I just the sort of real tiny houses you know inside the UPS store for people.
Speaker 3: To live in.
Speaker 17: Probably what's your guys affiliation?
Speaker 15: My name is Nick Shirley. Could you live inside a PO box?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 15: So do you think it's a little strange out here in California. You have lots of people are registered to vote from these po boxes. Me, you don't even have to show your IDA when you go and vote. I don't want to be part of the whole maga storyline, thank you. This isn't a maga storyline, man, This is just a straight up fact.
Speaker 7: What oh, I get it? I don't want to be part of a maga storyline. Folks. They're standing outside of a UPS store. That store they have gone through the voter that one location. Thirty people are registered to vote and gave the UPS store as their primary residents. Have any of you seen these sorts of If it's happening at one UPS store, how many others is it happening to? How many addresses have been used by multiple people for vote? And if no one is covering this, then why not have you ever seen that kind of issue been reported before? Now we time is running out on today's show. I want to briefly give you a contrast between two news reports. You can draw your own conclusions as to the difference in the two news reports. Yesterday afternoon, after the show, scrolling through the internet, all of a sudden, you start seeing scenes from an ice hockey rink in.
Speaker 3: Rhode Island. Horrific story.
Speaker 7: Listen to the way that CNN handled it as opposed to Fox and tell me what's different about them. Cut twelve, Let's join Wolf Blitzer reporting on the incident. Horrible incident that took place in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Speaker 3: Yeah and mh H.
Speaker 17: Also happening now we're learning more about a deadly shooting of the youth hockey game in Rhode Island. Two people were killed three others critically injured Monday, after a gunman opened fire inside and inc hockey rink and ice rink. One player described the scene this.
Speaker 16: Way, dude like bought bof and I thought it was balloons, but a just kept going and it was actually gunshots. And after the gunshots, me and my teammates ran right to the locker room and we just punkered off and uh we pressed again my bat I'm sorry. We pressed against the door and tried to try to say safe down and that, but no, it was very scary.
Speaker 17: Police say the sugar took h took his own life and apparently was targeting family members. The Potoxic police chief said. One person in the stands tried to disarm the shooter and help end the attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was a unit.
Speaker 12: Here's Fox from a social media profiles. They say he also went by Roberta So Roberta Dorgan, and sources tell Fox he was dressed in women's clothing when he showed up to his son's hockey game yesterday afternoon. These pictures are looking at her from months ago. Bill, But witnesses and people we've talked to who were at this hockey game say that this was something that happened prey often where he would show up in women's clothing. So, according to documents obtained by our affiliate WPRII Dorgan had a history of family disputes. So let's get into him, some involving conflict over his gender identity because he had gender reassignment surgery back in twenty twenty. So WPRI reports that in these court documents, his trans identity led to the divorce with his ex wife, reportedly detailing she said that he had narcissistic and personality disorder traits along with the transition. So his social media profiles under investigation. I want to point this out. Just one day, one day before he opened fire, he was defending trans Congresswoman Sarah McBride. He wrote this in part on X keep bashing us, but do not wonder why we go berserk. So they're looking into all of these things on social media. As investigators say it was a targeted attack, that's one thing they know for sure. Sources telling Fox it was a dispute within this family that led to the tragedy. So the gunman shows up, kills his ex wife and one of his own kids at the hockey game. Police say three others are in the hospital fighting for their lives, and there really could have been more people that were killed, but a good Samaritan stepped in and tried to take this gunman down.
Speaker 3: Watch police ron scene.
Speaker 13: Within a minute and a half of that call, a good Samaradan stepped in and interjected in this scene, and that's probably what led to a swift end of this tragic event.
Speaker 12: And so what we know right now is that the mayor has said, so far build they've interviewed dozens, maybe more than one hundred people. They're going to look at all the different video and pieces together. The question is how many weapons did this gunman have? We know at least one, and it could have been a lot worse if this other person at the game when A stepped in and taken that shooter down.
Speaker 1: So we'll keep an eye showing you on goll call on camera too, Elections, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did you notice any difference in the way that both of those news outlets covered this story?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 7: What do you think would account for those differences? James Golden's nearly fast as our in American media, don't go away rush.
Speaker 5: This is the rush Hour with James Golden, The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 6: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 5: It's the Rush Hour with James Golden. Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen, I want to the immigration debate is still raging in this country. This social media young woman happens to be young, beautiful, but has a few words to say about life in these United States.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from.
Speaker 18: Let me hold your hand when I say this. We do not move to America because we think it's a better country. We move here because it's a little less worse than our other countries. Because you're stupid to think that we move to this country for some hot dogs and some baseball, We have better vibes, music, food, culture, history, literally all of the above. We just move here because we are looking to make more money and offer a better chance for our families. Did you know that the minimum wage a day, not an hour a day in Mexico is not even fifteen American dollars, not even fifteen American dollars. Right now, with fifteen dollars in San Diego, I could go maybe buy a macha and half of a granola our honey. If you support ice, you support people getting destroyed, If you support families getting destroyed, I hope you rot in Hell and I will see you there, babes, for sure.
Speaker 7: Just thought you'd like to know what your visitors to this country similar with your visitors to this country of thinking, oh, we gotta leave. I just want to say thank you again to the Ross House, and I want to say today I talked to so many of my colleagues or texted just brief words.
Speaker 3: We're all still feeling it with.
Speaker 7: Rush five years later, and we will most likely for the rest of our lives, not even most likely. We got to go make God bless, protect each and every single one of you, family, loved ones. God willing back tomorrow. Until then, I bid you, I do.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to Bo Snrdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Snrdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here