Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday, a vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm the dude man, and I'm not. I'm Brian Thomas Hoosid the fifty five KRC Morning Show. I hope you having a decent Tuesday. Excuse me apologies as always getting the voice going early sometimes a struggle for me. Anyway, of course, the hit King died. You cannot deny say what you want about Pete Rose. Cannot deny that he was the, if not the greatest, one of the absolute greatest baseball players in the game. The stats when you read after his passing, just one unbelievable record after another from his National League Rookie of the Year when he first started right out of high school, all the way through is well until he got fired for gambling on baseball, which he denied. And that's the thing. One thing about Pete Rose I never will forgive him for you is staring in the face and lie over and over and over and over again. Then oh, well, I did gamble, but I never gambled on base I did bet on baseball, I never bet on the Reds. And then oh yeah, I've bet on the Reds, but I never bet on him to lows. I'm sorry, just I don't get that. But in any event, the man's passed away and what he has left with is a legacy that is well. I think his baseball career in his records outweigh the embarrassment that he brought upon himself and the shame he brought upon himself is a consequence of his gambling problem. And even I go way back on that one I've mentioned before I worked for. It was actually Merlin shiverdeck Or, the famous local defense lawyer, one of the best ever ever in terms of criminal defense lawyers, resented one of the guys that was involved in well gambling for him, but making bets on behalf of Pete Rose, and it was illegal project he gave me as a young associate I was in law school, look in to see whether we can sue Pete Rose to get this money back because the guy made bets out of his own money for Pete Rose, and Pete Rose behalves like that X amount of money on this game, I'll pay you back. Well, he wasn't good about paying this guy back, so he was hoping to be able to enforce the sort of verbal contract to get the money back. Well, the bottom line is, you can't do that if the subject matter of the underlying transaction is illegal, and gambling at the time on the under these circumstances was an illegal activity. You can't go to court to enforce an illegal contract. The ultimate legal conclusion, I, as a young associate, figured out, didn't take that much times. A lot of lawyers out there going, well, no kidding, well, you know, needed some definitive answer to the question, and so off he went to the press. The world know about how that happened. So I knew about all that before it actually came out in the general public. In any event, he is gone and we can remember him for all the well I think the joy he put on our faces and just just playing that game like every game mattered, like it was his life at stake there in terms of you know, Charlie Hostle, it's face at Pete Rose. Anyhow, what else, what's going on today? I'm just a reminder tomorrow's listener lunch. I hope to see you there, Anderson pub and girl. Last one before the election. Of course, we got the debate that I talk about, or we will have the vice presidential debate to talk about, among other things, that I enjoy listening to lunch just for the fellowship. Remember, the original RUL was no talking politics, and I threw that rule out really early on. It's impossible with wonderful folks at listener lunch who quite often wanted to talk about politics, that say, Okay, just show up tomorrow. It's going to be fun. Anderson Pub and Grill always treats us great. The burgers are fantastic, as is all the other food. About eleven thirty is the start time. You can come a little bit later if you like. I know a lot of folks show up a little bit earlier. I think their doors open at eleven, So mark it down. Coming up six thirty a special edition with Dave Hat or Tech Friday. We're gonna do tech Tuesday. Specifically, why was Verizon offline for so long? Something I was reflecting on. During the power outage we had over the weekend, we didn't have internet access, which was it's unusual. I still had access to my phone account. I do have a Verizon account, good bad. That's what I had that never went out, so I was still able to gain access to the Internet and thus keeping tabs on what's going on in the world. It's just part of my being. I find it impossible to turn the quote unquote device off, whether it's my laptop or any other thing I'm trying to get news about, stay in touch with what's going on in the world. It's like an addiction or something. Can't break it because it's my job to do that. But at least I had my smart device right there to stay connected on some level. I could send emails, I could send texts. Without the Internet, and without the smart device, how can you communicate? I was really worried about that. I was thinking of a scenario where, you know, the power went out, the communications went out. How could I get in touch with my mom just across town. You know, when you think of a scenario, well, you can't even get in your car because the roads are all you know, blocked or maybe shut down by law enforcement for whatever reason. You think of a you know, some post apocalyptic scenario or some you know, maybe declaration of martial law. And if you've got communications shut down, man, you're in the dark. Nobody has newspapers anymore, so you're even if there was a delivery person out there to chuck a newspaper on your driveway. How many driveways have newspapers. I think I'm one of the handful of people in my entire neighborhood who gets the newspaper. I get a hard be the Wall Street Journal. So I don't know. It's just a creepy feeling trying to think about what it would be like without all that. And it's one of the reasons why, you know, fools once not looking out for his own best interest. You got to take care of yourself and plan ahead, plan ahead. It's not that difficult to plan ahead. Just don't put it off anyway. Special Tuesday, Tech Tuesday. That's at seven thirty. Fast forward to Fast six thirty. Fast forward to seven thirty with Chris Gaffney and Maureen Gardner. They're going to talk about the Parkinson's five K, which is coming up. Great organization helping out folks with Parkinson's. They've got tons of resources for Parkinson's, you know, activities, exercises, you know, groups to commiserate with, and wonderful organization. Looking forward to Chris and Maureen joining the program at seven thirty to talk about that eighth five Get the Inside Scoop with Bright bart News every Tuesday at eight oh five. Here on the Morning Show Today, Washington Bureau Chief Matt Boyle returns talk about well the latest election news as well as the vice presidential debate preview and empower youse semin are going on tonight. Fast forward to eight thirty Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Yes, the war in Israel continues. Actually, Lebanon, which is the site of the fresh fighting, Israeli troops launched a ground operation until Lebanon. Israel said this morning that have launched this what they called limited operations and villages in south southern Lebanon near the border to attack hesball of targets and infrastructure. In their words, those targets pose an immediate and real threat to Israeli settlements on the northern border. Well, they've had to evacuate all the Israelis from the northern border. Those settlements, sixty thousand of them have been displaced for almost a year. So they can't go back because well they're afraid of a similar gozlike attack coming from the north and that their citizens would be slaughtered. So it's better to move and take refuge elsewhere in the country rather than staying there. Well, Israel's forces launched into southern Lebanon were in an effort to create safety on behalf of their own people, to ensure that the Hezbala terrorists don't run in and commit atrocities, so escalating the fighting. Officials in Washington and the Arab world are fearing well, this could spiral into a broader war, drawing US and others into a well a shooting match of course with Iran. Fun stuff, right. Lloyd Austin, our US Defense secretary, he was on a call yesterday with his Israeli counterpart, pushing for a diplomatic solution, but also issuing the line in the saying again, talked a little bit about this yesterday. I reiterated, based on his prior iteration, the serious consequences for Iran in the event Iran chooses to launch a direct military attack against Israel. Question thought, question, Perhaps if as Bala, at the direction of the Iranians launches a ground attack or a direct military attack against is there a witch Parenthetically it has been doing now, launching rockets almost on a daily basis since the October seventh Gaza invasion. So if Hasbala or one of Iran's other proxies launches.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: Does that mean we are going to well end up with a direct shooting match with Iran? Serious consequences, Joe, Do you know what serious consequences mean for the Biden administration? Any concept? Now? Yeah, A stern letter Hans blicks Us, apparently energing Isser to keep the ground operation limited. Of course we are trying to do that. Biden administration worried about Iranian retaliation. Pentagon said on Sunday, be keeping the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Group and Strike Group along with the accompanying ships near the Red Sea. That that Abraham Lincoln USS Lincoln been expected to leave when the USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group shows up. Now both of them are going to be there here. Truman Group's not going to be operating near the Mediterranean Sea. And they say it is unusual for the United States to keep two carrier groups in that one region, stretching our resources a little thin, aren't we maybe? So that's three battle fronts Israel's fighting right now. You got the Gaza Strip, you got Lebanon, and then of course you got the West Bank, which apparently has been having some problems by Israeli settler violence and militant attacks in recent months. So three fronts Israel's fighting, you know, And I'll tell you go ahead and check out the size of Israel. In the population of Israel. It's not that big and there aren't that many people. These are tenacious fighters. They say anything you want about Israel is one thing you cannot say. These people cannot fight anyway. There's suggesting that maybe problems with the ground more in Lebanon, because well, Israel's been there before. They ended an eighteen year occupation of southern Lebanon in two thousand after years of attacks by Hesbala, which was this Wall Street Journal reminded me of this one I forgot. So where did has Bala come from?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Hesbala was founded in response to the nineteen eighty two Israeli invasion of Lebanon, which was for the purpose of going after the Palestinian Liberation Organization. So Israel's going after the PLO. We need to start ourselves a new chapter. Let's call it Hesbala. Israel had months long war with his Balla back in two thousand and six, which, again the journals describing bordered on military disaster. When his Bala disabled invading Israeli tanks and killed more than one hundred and twenty one Israeli soldiers. So they've been down this road before, but we're at a different time now, modern technology communications. Look what they were able to accomplish the Israelis in wiping out the leadership of Hezbala one by one precision strikes with great intelligence, obviously much more modern warfare and weaponry than we had back in well the nineteen eighty two Israeli invasion, or even up to fast forward to two thousand and six with their skirmish with his Balla and the quote unquote military disaster. They've been working at this for a long time. Israeli intelligence is absolutely amazing, although some say they dropped the ball and not anticipating in the October seventh invasion. Look what happened in the aftermath anyhow, So we'll be talking about that in more detail with Daniel Davis at A thirty And finally we'll have an asked the expert this morning back with OHC. It is Breast cancer Awareness Month and I have a feeling OHD will have some positive information to pass along with you about breast cancer treatment it's getting better and better every single day. Five eighteen fifty five ks DE talk stations to grind and feel fear to call. I'd love to hear from if you got a comment. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk, Hit Pound, five fifty AT and t Foinal'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Time for the nine first morning Well the forecasts mostly cloudy skies today, isolated afternoon showers, high f seventy six down to fifty two overnight, partly cloudy skies. Tomorrow partly cloudy to mostly sunny with a high of seventy two overnight forty nine, clear skies. And finally for Thursday, it's going to be a sunny day. I have seventy nine sixty five degrees right now, fifty five KRC the talk station. It's five twenty one on a Tuesday, so free to call. Five one, three, seven, fred eight hundred eight two to three, Top Time, five fifty on AT.
Speaker 2: And T phone.
Speaker 1: More prayers going out to the volks struck by the devastation from the hurricane, and our friend Laura Laura right FKA. Marsh set me photographs and video of the damage done to her place. She lives in and Ford, of course, and she's got a place that she rents out that's closer to the well. The storm surge and oh my god, the devastation. They went in yesterday to take a look at it. Unbelievable. The waterline basically all the way filled the entire or covered up the entire first floor, or at least you know, halfway three quarters the way up the room, so tons of water knock the refrigerator over the water did It's just oh and the mess and so prayers going out to her and everybody else that's been impacted by that. North Carolina footage is unbelievable, just absolutely sometimes completely wiped off the map. So question is that going to impact the November vote? Is that going to be argued as a reason to tinker with laws and work around laws on the books regarding well, I don't know who can vote, when you can vote, how you can vote, remember COVID, Yeah, I do. So hopefully enough time between now and of the election day that they can get things situated. But if I was a betting man, I'm not quite sure I'd bet on that transportation obviously a huge problem because the road's being shut down and bridges being washed out, very complicating. How about this? Just in time for the Vice presidential debate tonight. House Server Side Committee James Commer issued subpoena to Homeland Security Secretary Aleando Maharcas yesterday for information regarding a whistleblower regarding what was brought to his attention by whistleblower purported links between Governor Tim Walls and the Chinese Communist Party. Commerce said his committee was told of a non classified Microsoft Teams group chat among Department of Homeland Security employees. So our government employees, the Department of Homeland Security chatting back and forth on Microsoft Teams, and he said the that this information that this contains information about Governor Waltz that is relevant to the Committee's investigation. The group titled NST NFT Biweekly SYNC. I didn't know what that means either anyway. NST Nation State Threat NFT as National Functional Team. According to the Comber's letter over to my Arcis, the Committee has also learned that further relevant information regarding Governor Waltz has been memorialized in both classified and unclassified documents and control of DHS. The attached subpoena requires DHS to reduce these documents and communications regarding Governor Waltz's connections with the CCP, and he gave my arcis until October seventh to hand over the documents. Anybody want to bet that that'll be done? Bah h. Apparently Republicans have been looking at a Waltz connection with the Chinese Communist Party. He did make over thirty trips to China, including on his honeymoon, coordinated annual student trips there he was a teacher at the Alliance High School in Nebraska, or when he was a teacher at the Alliance High School in Nebraska, would you sign a release for your child to go to China? Joe had hell no, Yeah, I'm with you on that one letter to the FBI earlier this month, Comber said the trip in nineteen eighty three was paid in part by the Chinese government. Comber also pointed out that Waltz was with the Macau Polytechnic University, which is aligned with the Chinese political warfare program called the Belton Road Initiative. Comber said, and his letter to the FBI that are to the FBI that it had potentially all adds up to a case of Chinese influence. Say, it's not clear what information Comberce Committee derived from the whistleblower that compelled the subpoena. Becomer, writing to America City, wants to understand the extent of the CCP's infiltration and influence campaign and to identify legislative reforms to combat CCP political warfare targeting prominent Americans for elite capture. In particular, he writes, if a state governor in a major political party's nominee for vice president of the US has been right and he've been a witting or unwitting participant in the CCP's efforts to weaken our nation, this was strongly suggests that there are alarming weaknesses in the federal government's effort to defend the United States from the CCP's political warfare that must be urgently addressed. Close quote. I think JD. Vans is going to bring this up. I think I'll mention Waltz's connection with China. Generally speaking, maybe tune in tonight, I guess five twenty six, right now fifty five krc DE talk station. Local stories coming up alternatively, your phone calls and a reminder head on over to fifty five KRC dot com, get your podcasts and your iHeartMedia apstream the content wherever you happen to be. I'll be right back fifty five KRC the Talks station. Time for the nine first warning weather forecast mostly klatty day to day, isolated out for noon showers going up to seventy six overnight partly cloudy. Sky is dropping down to fifty two, seventy two to the high tomorrow with partly the most of the Sunday skyes listener lunch day perfect over night Wednesday clear cool forty nine and on Thursday it's going to be a sunny day going up to seventy nine degrees. Right now sixty six degrees here at fifty five tair Seed Thought station. Happy Tuesday too. You try to make it so anyway. Of course, under the loss of legend Pete Rose kind of rubbing people the wrong way. Big questions swirling around on the news and online social media. Will they induct him into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame posthumously? Wouldn't that kind of be worse? I mean, they deprived him entry into the Hall of Fame. Obviously, since he broke the cardinal rule of baseball, I understand the penalty, and he fought his entire latter part of his life to try to get in the Hall of Fame. But no, would it be adding insult to injury to induct him posthumously denying him, you know, the lifetime feeling of knowing that after he passes he was in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. I don't know anyhow. Obviously, one of the greatest baseball players that ever play the game in Folks in the morning is passage today. So one person taking him to the hospital after a nine to one wall nine one one call for reported shooting happened late sundayt Coulraine Township. According to the Coorin Township Police Department and release, they showed up at Anominee Drive and Brampton Drive at eleven seventeen pm. Once at the scene, police say officers determined that there was not a shooting, rather it was an assault. One person was taking a UC medical center. Police remained on the scene investigating for more than an hour. They cleared out by twenty to one o'clock in the morning. The investigation still reported is ongoing and had a whole lot of details on that one. We uh anger and frustration in West with Andrew Rowin from doty CPO reporting last Friday, eighty five year old died after since a police had a teenager driving a Ford Focus disregarded a red light at the intersection of Budno and Queen City Avenue, crashing into a twenty sixteen cameray. After the initial crash, the Toyota then hit the entrance to the Ahadu International Market. Everything was caught on camera. Folks describing it as scary. One woman described as being as shaking all day. She was so sad. I was thinking what if I were the one. They're speeding and they can't control it when the driver sees the red light. WCPO reviewed CINCINNTI police crash data since twenty fifteen for the Budneau Avenue. For Budneau Avenue two point five miles long, between twenty fifteen and twenty three, police recorded an average of one hundred and thirty nine crashes per year one hundred and seven so far this year. Four on September twenty seven to one two and a half miles of Budno. That bad anyway. One taco truck owner there at Queen City Avenue in Budno, Josse Trejo, quoted saying, I'm scared because it's crazy. He's seen ten crashes from his taco truck alone. He said, people here look at the red light and push the gas. Intersection does have a center line hardening post on the east side of Queen City Avenue. South side of Budneou also has a center line hardening bump. Folks want to see more traffic calming measures, whether it's a speed display, speed cushion, or more police patrols. Ultimately, though, it's up to the drivers to cooler jets pay close attention to what they're doing. Anybody who noticed a precipitous increase in crazy drivers out there in the world, it seems to have been a post COVID nineteen phenomenon. I think when the police quit patrolling the streets, which is exactly what happened in COVID nineteen. You couldn't find a patrol officer on the expressways, no, notably for me, anywhere people got wint to That couple in Booone County nearly lost tens of thousands of dollars in a cryptocurrency scam, all from a simple pop up message on their home commuter a computer, perfect topic for Dave Hatter. Deputies from the Boom County Sheriff's Officer returned to the couple returned the money to the couple after it was converted cryptocurrency. But they say that's rare. Major Philip RIDGELLS said it's difficult to catch the people involved and get the victims or funds back. He said, in the grand scheme of things, to recover any amount of money associated with this scam is rare. Said, we certainly are happy that we were able to accomplish that said. The couple had to pop up up here on their computer, told the user to call a cell phone number to unlock the computer. They called and allowed the scammer to access their computers. Seniors were told their financial accounts had been compromising to call another number court o Original. He said. When they called that number, they were in contact with somebody who told them here's what you need to do. I need you to take all the money out of your accounts. We need to protect it. The couple also directed to a vape shop that had a machine to convert cash into bitcoins and was told to make a deposit. Man how many red flags can be flying around this? Owner of the vape club Vape Jesse George, said he doesn't own any of the machines, but leases space out by a company that does. He said he saw the couple with an envelope full of cash by one of the machines and approached them. He always said, Hey, we just want to make sure you know what you're you're talking to and you know the person you're sending this money, because if you don't, you're getting scammed. Sorry, Originals said of the Actually, if they had actually deposited the amount of the account the scammers wanted, they wouldn't have been able to recover, and the Sheriff's office was able to recover the funds and give them a check. The riginals said that this is what the couple did. They came to the Sheriff's office after they made the deposit. Deputies insist on confirming with your financial institution if any activity has occurred. If it's a scam, call local law enforcement. Thirty six fifty five KR. See the talk station stick around Stack is stupid coming up. Alternatively, you can feel free to call love to talk with. You've got a topic you want to speak about, give me a shout. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station getting quality.
Speaker 1: Improve Here's your nine first one to wether forecast Today, mostly cloudy day, I said at afternoon shower's highest seventy six, over night low of fifty two with partly cloudy skies tomorrow partly to mostly sunny seventy two for the high, down to forty nine overnight clear skies. Thursday, high of seventy nine with sunny skies sixty six degrees. Right now, time for traffic update.
Speaker 6: First one, We're on the UCE Health Traffic Center with u see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments to give patients a chance for better outcomes. You can visit UCHealth dot com. While you're off to a pretty good start this morning. No accidents, no slowdowns, Volumes still relatively light out on the interstates. We do have a blanket of fog across the area, however, so visibility could be significantly reduced until that lifts to be careful as you head out this morning. Jason Earheart with traffic on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty fifty five KRCE, the talk station Tuesday Tech Tuesday with Dave had Or a couple up at six thirty? Why was Verizon offline for so long? And thanks to the suggestion, I was lamenting, what would we do without you know self communications and a complete outage power outage, Verizon outage or all the cell phone carrier outage. Thank you Maureene reminding me that there are things called satellite phones which do direct workarounds, so they're expensive, but if you really want the peace of mind, you can get a plan. I guess it allows you fifteen minutes globally a month, or like forty bucks a month, So do the math on that to have in reserve just in case you might need it. That's a significant expense, but if that's the peace of mind you're looking for, there is that option. So good point, Marine, thank you. Over to the stack is stupid, jesu lease. A British clergyman died clergy and let me underscore that after a night of sex and drugs with a Belgian priest, priest who's since been arrested on drug related charges. This is the court of the Belgian authority. Sixty nine year old British clergyman hasn't yet to be named, spending the evening with his fellow cleric, a sixty year old in a rectory in Counthout, North Antwerp. After taking ecstasy and poppers together and having sex. The British police priest suddenly felt unwell. According to the prosecutors, shortly after midnight. His Belgian colleague, identified only as Pastor B. We call him Grand Pastor B. Anyway Grand Pastor P did He called emergency services who could not resuscitate him. The sudden arrest of the pastor investing visiting colleagues as the pulpe traveled through Belgium, has left a small parish of heidi and shock. Two ecstasy pills were found at the scene. I guess poppers are amle nitrate. It says liquid compound that can be inhaled for a brief rush of mild euphoria and dizziness. Court of police officers with the and toward police. Traces of narcotics were found on the victim's body. Initial urine test showed ecstasy had been taking, but an autopsy will require to prove that it was the cause of death. Investigation ongoing and the initial autopsy could not immediately provide any conclusive information into the exact cause of death there as to the sixty year old priest. He was questioned by the investigative judge and gave a statement. The public prosecutor revealed only that some elements of his statement require further investigation. He was later placed under arrest, now facing charges of trafficking and narcotics resulting in death. Man had reportedly been visiting colleagues to coincide with the Pope's visit to Belgium. Wow hey, look elsewhere in clergy related news, Thank you Joe, We go to the United Kingdom. Vicar who claimed his crystal meth amphetamine habit helped him relate to his parishioners has been expelled by the Church of England. Police right to the home of seventy eight year old Reverend Jeffrey Bowelcome and found a stash of what is the what is described as a Class A drug along with a tranquilizer ketamine. He accepted a police caution for possessing the substances, telling church officials he'd been buying and using drugs, including heroin, periodically for twenty years. He retired from the historic St Saint Mary the Virgin Church in Eastbourne, East Sussex, several years ago, but was still an ordained priest at the time of the offense. The Disciplinary Tribunal utterly redec he acted his claim that taking drugs assisted him in carrying out his pastoral mission.
Speaker 7: Now who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: And his judgment of the panel said Balcolm had argued that experimenting with drugs, or providing a venue at his home for drug taking that enables him to relate and minister to people. It added, the tribunal considered an attempt to justify drug taking as part of his ministry as entirely misconceived, displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of his holy orders. Police found the drugs at Bolcom's quarter of a million pound cottage near Eastbourne in December of twenty two. He told church officials, I purchased drugs periodically over the last twenty years. I was offered and accepted a simple caution. I totally accept I was wrong to have them. I'm only too well aware of the high standards of my calling as a priest. Also admitted to eject himself with Harry and heroin on an earlier occasion in the presence of the drug dealer who provided it to him. Yes, the church for mercy, on the grounds that was part of his mission of God. That's a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say God told me to do it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, then five forty five fifty five care sees all wrong. More stupid coming up. Feel free to call though alternatively, but I will get back to the stupid Siico syringe sicko charged with sporting spree. Oh, that would be the next headline and facts coming up? Figure out fifty five KRC. We always say, here's your nine first one who went the four casts? No bad today cloudy I started afternoon shower seventy six for the high end of fifty two overnight with party cloudy skyes seventy two with party scot cloudy, the mostly sunny skies tomorrow overnight cooling off to forty nine with clear skies on a sunny Thursday, going up to seventy nine sixty six right.
Speaker 6: Now, time for traffic from the UCE Health Traffic Center with UC healthy future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovation of treatments to give patients a chance for better outcomes. You can visit UCHealth dot com. No major problems so far. A volumes still relatively light on the Interstates. Nor seventy five looking good from Turfway to the bridge to seventy five westbound. No problem as you had out for CBG. We do have some fog in the area though, so visibility could be somewhat reduced, so be careful with that.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 6: Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty fifty five car see the talk station. Sit on the edge of your seat waiting for me to talk to details about that headline as I went into the break. Huh okay, let's see if we can work this way around FCC compliance. M sean eribe, which corner of the Smoking Gun leading Canada for dirt bag of the month. That's a bold statement coming from the Smoking Gun anyway. Two separate incidents, cops claimed that erb who's thirty five years old, followed fee mail victims around Miami, Florida department stores and used a medical syringe to squirt an unknown liquid on the buttocks of his targets. Why are you doing that hmmm. Syringe in one hands arrived filming the vile acts with his cell phone. With the other hand cord of reports he squirted a juvenile In late June at a Ross Dress for Less store, girl told police. Other shoppers alerted her to the de man who used the syringe to quote excrete and unknown liquid on her buttocks and began filming her close quote suspect fletter for witnesses contacted store employees. The episode, which was captured on store surveillance camera, left a liquid stain on the girl's gene shorts. Last month, late cops began investigating a battery to Marshall store. At that mirror of the June incident, male suspect approached a woman from behind, used the syringe, just spraying unknown substance on the victims left buttocks area. Man appeared to be recorded. The victim matched the physical description of the suspect from the earlier crime. Victim of the August twenty ninth incident was in shock and before she could confront the man, he walked away from her and out of the store. She later picked arbe out of a police photo lineup or I blested. Arrested, charged with battery on a child felony, two misdemeanor battery accounts, and a felony tampering with evidence charge. He posted bond and was subject to house arrests. Judge previously ordered him stay away from the victims and the department stores plural. During a post arrests interview, he reportedly confessed and said the licorate in the syringe was set a fill described as a moisturizing lotion. He also claims to have deleted all the videos from his phone.
Speaker 6: Series The Biggest Douche of the Universe.
Speaker 1: In all the galaxies, There's no bigger douche than you. Oh hold on, Joe more fun facts. While he was in custody, he used his cell phone to call his dad. During that conversation, which was recorded by the police, he directed his parents to go to the family residences where he'd been staying and remove the hard drives quote. I need you to get them and blanking hide them, put them under lock and key close quote. His dad arrived at the residence after the police. A police were dispatched to secure the property. Subsequent search of the home turned up hard drives in the exact location where the defendant explained to his father they would be. They also seized three medical syringes containing a vicious, viscous white liquid consistent with that of well, you know what, it's consistent with, clothing and other potential forensic evidence. Drives are being reviewed by the police.
Speaker 8: Good going, Doug, Your dreams have come true?
Speaker 1: Now, Okay. I got a follow up on this one later in the program involving illegal immigrants, looting victims of the hurricane aftermath. But here's one. Hurricane Helene battered Florida city covered by a state of emergency declaration, two men allegedly burglarized a Trump store Yes fire filled with merchandise promoting Donald Trump. It's called the Trump Store, said. One of the alleged looters was wearing a Trump cowboy hat when he was arrested. Investigators patrolling the closed off section of Madera Beach in the city of Tampa Bay Area discovered two men loitering outside the closed business plaza, whose tenants included a realtor, gift shop and others. Trump outlet stocks a variety of Trump twenty twenty four, banners and stickers, all kinds of other Trump related merchandise. Police approach the pair. They were in possession of merchandise that matched the items sold in the Trump store, which was unsecured due to damages from the storm. One of the suspects, Lance Patrisovac, fifty seven years old, wearing a Trump cowboy hat he claimed ended up in his possession after it washed up from the hurricane. He was there with another guy, John Peter, sixty one. They both were arrested for burglarizing an unoccupied structure, a felony, loitering and prowling, both misdemeanors. Each locked up in the County General A little bit twenty five hundred dollars bond had been ordered by the judges stay away from the Trump store. One of the guys told he cops he worked as a local fishermen in the area, but does not lived there. The other one appeared to be heavily intoxicated and did not make any statements to the belief as a tradition. Both described as transience with lengthy arrest records for crimes involving trespassed, disorderly intoxication, theft, drug possession and possession of open alcohol. Yeah, these guys looked like they were written hard and put away pretty wet photographs. Anyway, Trump Store five fifty sixty five kious the talk stations were to talk about between six and six thirty, then we do a special Tech Tuesday with Dave Hatter on the Verizon nowadays. That'll be right back. When you want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know, you can be in the know right here on fifty five KRS talkstation.
Speaker 9: What can the Claremont County BSO do for veterans and their families?
Speaker 1: Six Here at Picky About KRCD Talk Station, Brian Twins swishing everyone a very happy Tuesday, inviting you stick around all morning. I hope you can. Got a special Tech Tuesday with Dave Hatter coming up the bottom of this hour about Verizon being offline for so long while, how did that happen, why it happened, and maybe some thoughts and ideas about a workaround in the event we can't talk with each other. Thanks again to Maureen listening down in Florida for recommending or suggesting at least we have the option of satellite phones, but it's a costly option. Fast forward to seven thirty. Chris Gaffney and Maureen Gardner are going to be in studio talk or not going to be talking about the Parkinson's five K great organization. The Parkinson's community is solid here in the Cincinnati. They've got a five K event, opportunity to meet some folks dealing with Parkinson support groups, workout groups, all kinds of resources for people with Parkinson disease. And again we'll talk about that at seven thirty. Fast forward to eight oh five. It's Tuesday, so we get the inside scoop with Breitbart News Today. Matt Boyle, the Washington Burea chief, returns to talk about the latest election news and an empower You seminar Tonight the vice presidential debate preview Daniel Davis Deep Dive at A thirty. The war in Israel continues, and of course, as I pointed out in the last hour, it's expanded with Israeli sending Israel sending troops into Lebanon to fight Hazbala this morning, so most recent development troops on the ground in Lebanon. Basically they're endeavoring to secure the northern part of Israel, so the people who live there can move back. Sixty thousand folks displaced out of fear and concerns over Hisbala maybe doing a Gaza type invasion like we saw in October seventh, So Israeli troops fighting it out. Daniel Davis on that one. Fast forward to eight fifty with our asked the expert from OHC. It's breast cancer Awareness month, and I anticipate the good people at OHCO have some positive news for us in the area of breast cancer and the well amazing developments they've had in treatment options. Yeah, the strike is on. This dock workers strike could be really, really problematic and the statistics look just unbelievable. The International Long Term of Association representing forty five thousand dock workers at the East Coast all the way around the Gulf Coast ports are on strike started midnight. Employers the port employers actually raised their offer on wages to a fifty percent increase over seven over six years. They had previously offered a forty percent wage increase along with improvements and in the benefits, but that was labor union is said. It says, listen, seventy cent our seventy seven percent wage increase over six years as a condition to even sit down to talk. Of course, their demands also include eradication or not adopting any modern technology, which certainly would put us at a competitive disadvantage with ports elsewhere around the world. Maybe elsewhere in the United States, longshore workers walked off their jobs after the union refused to meet with the group representing employers unless they first agree to that wage demand seventy seven percent as a starting point. Business groups and some Republican lawmakers, although the White House says no, I will not I will not rely on the Taft Hartley Act to stop this strike. There's a mechanism in the law that allows the government to step in and force them to go to work. There are complications with that too, get to that in a minute. But they don't want to do that because they're afraid of irking the union, which the Democrats need to win the White House or anything else for that matter. So essentially appeasing the unions by not threatening t Half art Lead Act, even though many, including the of course the owners of the portrait, like please, dear guy, get these guys back to work. They've been saying a walkout lasting a week or longer would push up shipping costs and make trigger product shortages. Brian Dodge, president of the Retail Industry Leaders Association, quote as saying, the longer this work stoppage goes on the heart, it'll be become to shield customers from its effects, which are already starting. Actually, a strike lasting even a single week would tie up ships for a whole lot longer than the week that the strike was on, which could exacerbate shipping delays, eat up capacity, drive up freight rates, begin driving up freight rates. That's already happened. Some wholesalery imports are already raising price is to account for the higher costs because well, growing competition for space on ships bound for West Coast ports. Because they saw this coming, so they started re routing their shipments now at a significant cost. The West coast ports can only handle so much and it's a lot longer trip to get to a West Coast port, So welcome to price increases simply based on shipping. One guy named Tim Ryan, owner of Square one Farms, which is a Sunrise, Florida based importer sewing asparagus to supermarkets like Walmart, said he's having to fly in vegetables that would usually be arriving by container ship, adding about fifty cents per pound to the prices he charges stores to cover the higher air freight costs. And he's like, hey, the supermarkets are either going to absorb that additional costs or guess what They're going to pass it along the consumer. There's one little reality behind this. Just think about for the week ending last Friday, week fourteen billion with the be in trade arrived at the various ports that are now shut down because of the strike, With two point seven billion dollars arriving on Friday alone, that's how much trade is done at these ports. It's just absolutely amazing. On average, it takes one week to clear out one day of a port closure, according to Michael Kanko, CEO of Import Genius, speaking with CNBC as our data shows a strike of even a week will block the flow of hundreds of thousands of containers into the United States. These ports are also major gateways into the US for refrigerated produce. Time isn't on the side of the importers. Produce is a really, really big problem. So you can look for shortages and produce most notably bananas. There was a separate article that dealt with that as a specific topic. Biden administration said a bunch of times it will not use the Taft Hearty Act to break up the strike, and they're not considering using it now. That was a nineteen forty seven law that grants the US president the power to suspend a strike for eighty days, which is called a cooling off period in cases where national health or safety are at risk. And I think a good argument could be made that national health and safety are at risk considering the shipping containers also include a lot of like pharmaceuticals that we won't be able to get. Business trade groups are arguing that the Biden administration stepped in. US Chamber of Commerce released a poll yesterday morning showing that a majority of both registered voters fifty eight percent and the general population fifty four percent support Biden using the Taft Hartley Act to get these guys back to work. US Chamber of Commerce yesterday officially called on him to invoke Taft Hartley. Get a load of this. So let's say he invokestaff Hearty and forces these workers to go back. There was a recent video out with the Labor President Harold Daggett, which he played for his rank and file union members. They voted unanimously to authorize this strike. He threatened with an intentional worker slowed down in moving the containers if the administration forces them to go back on the docks under Taft Hartley, quote, you better off. You're better off sitting down and let's get a contract and let's move on with this. So the movement of goods through ports under Taft Hartley, you can count on it not being exactly efficient. Folks that go to Walmart, that is the largest importer across all of the threatened ports. They had these charts that a CNBC report, and there's Walmart on top of almost every single one of them. Tens of thousands of containers coming into these ports that fill the shelves at Walmart Port of New York, New Jersey, one single port. The economic impact, they say could be a six hundred and forty one million million dollars per day in Virginia, six hundred million dollars per day. East coastports in the United States forecasts to handle two point three million TEUs. That means seventy four thousand shipping containers every single day with a daily freight value of thirty three point seven billion dollars. That's the economy at stake right there. And of course you got all the complications and problems associated with it, like your store shelves being empty, or the price is going through the roof What's the Biden administration going to do about it? I anticipate. Here's me going on record. I've been wrong before, and I'd be happy to admit when I am. I'm willing to bet that in a very short period of time, those labor union workers will be getting a seventy seven percent increase in pay over six years. Sixty sixteen fifty five K Seed Talk station, Fasten pro Roofing. I love recommending my listeners deal with Fast and Pro Roofing because I know the owners, I know the team. I've seen the work. I've had the work done in my house. They replace my roof because of the hail damage. I'm steering in the right direction because at least you get at the outset honesty, which you can't count on with a roofing company you don't know anything about. They are very honest at Fast and Pro, never ever trying to say something you do not need, not lying to you about the condition of your roof, not telling you work needs to be done when it doesn't. It's a free roof inspection by the honest professionals at fast and pro keep your fingers crossed. They jump down off your roof and say everything's aokay. You got about five years. Maybe give us a call in a few to do another inspection, unless something bad happens and we'll come right back out. You see something wrong with the roof, You're dealing with the right folks. They are true professionals, craftsmen at their work, whether it's a shingle roof, and you get an automatic shingle upgrade of the fifty years Certainty Landmark shingle fifty year upgrades for free. They do commercial roofing, metal roofs terra cotta and slate. They do it all along with gutters, gutter guards, exterior projects like sighting, flashing, all of it beautiful. I can I stare at it every day. I pull in my house A plus with a better Business Bureau Free free free inspection Column five one three seven seven four ninety four, ninety five, seven seven four ninety four ninety five online fashion Faste, unfashion proroofing dot com fifty five KRC. Here's your nine first one to weather forecasts. Got a mostly cloudy day to day, isolated afternoon showers. I have seventy six down to fifty two overnight partly cloudy, seventy two to the high tomorrow with partly to mostly sunny skies and forty nine overnight clear skies come Thursday, sunny skies with the highest seventy nine sixty six degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 6: Jason from the UC Health Traffic Center. With uc Health, the future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients eight chance for better outcomes. Visit UCHealth dot job. Take a pretty good time so far this morning. Volume relatively light on the Interstates I seventy five Loo can go through northern Kentucky two seventy five west in good shape heading out for the airport, and on the Ohio side seventy one and seventy five great. We'll see some fog in some areas around Lebanon, Loveland, west Chester, Mason, Montgomery, et cetera. So be careful as you head out early this morning. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one fifty five KRC, The talk Station, I be Tuesday five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight two three talk Pound five fifty on eight and T Funds of course, the vice president of debate tonight, Chris. You can tune into that. But the other one, thank you Submarine or Mike my cribbage, Mike Friend. Hope to see him tomorrow at Anderson Pub and grow with everybody else for listener to lunch. You're invited. Tonight at seven pm Channel five WWT. Channel five is hosting the Ohio Congressional debate between Greg Landsman and the man we all need to vote for Orlando's Sonza. I think Orlando is going to do a fantastic job. I love that guy. Matter of fact, I screwed up over the weekend with through in the Claremont County Flapjack breakfast, and everybody was talking about the race between Shared Brown and Bernie Morino. Of course I'm big Bernie Moraina fan got to be chaired. Brown was talking about it, actually said we need to get rid of Greg Lansman. Whoops, Yeah, that race is on my mind here in the state of Ohio, the Landsman and the Sonzo race. So tune in that for that and real quick on the bananas. Considering the shipping, they used this as an illustration. There were some economists and supply chain experts. This is an article that was reported in the via The Conversation. A couple of economists from University of Massachusetts Amherst. Anyway, they did a study on bananas and shipping, and they say it's not a niche problem. Any kind of fruit, you're going to be dealing with the same situation, but with the ports shut down. Bananas are the most consumed fresh fruit in the United States. Seventy five of bananas from Ecuador, Guatemala, and Costa Rica arrive at East Coast and Gulf Coast ports, So four out of every one banana you see it your Kruger came from one of the East Coast ports. They require appropriate temperatures and humidity. They say, even in the best conditions, their quality deteriorates. In long delays mean shipper's going to be trying to well pawn off mushy brown bananas, and we as consumers don't want them, and they reject them. The alternative banana growers may opt to find other markets, so, they point out, it's reasonable to expect to find fewer bananas at much higher higher prices and possibly at the lower quality. Flying bananas into the United States will be too expensive to sustain, so spoilage, they say. Fresh meat and other refrigerator foods could spoil before they can get complete their journeys. Fresh berries, along with other fruits and vegetables, could perish before reaching their destinations. There's a port strike. Tons of fresh pruduce, including bananas, that would arrive after October one would end up having to be discarded. So gird your loins, folks. Let's go to the phones. Who are we talking with first? Here, Joseph, Bobby, Welcome to the program. Welcome back, my.
Speaker 9: Friend, Happy October, my brother. Yeah, we're a couple of topics here in flags at half staff in remembrance of the hit King.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pete Rose passed away yesterday.
Speaker 3: I know it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 9: Well, we all got to go, Bobby, I know it. We're all we're all planning on it one time or another. Now that seventy two hour window I talk about all the time, these people down there. You've got to worry about civil unrest, domestic violence, any type of.
Speaker 3: Storms, tornadoes.
Speaker 9: You got to be prepared for that seventy two our window, and then if you're not prepared for it, you'll never get prepared.
Speaker 1: Well after the window begins, or that that period begins, it's likely under those scenarios that the grocery store will be closed or out of commission, out of service. So yeah, matter of fact, took your advice. Just the other day of the weekend, went over the Costco and I got myself a couple of giant bags of rice and some other additional supplies, put them in the krayvac machine and they are sitting in a ben in the bay in the storage area. So, rice, beans, there's quite a few different things people can lay in. As long as you've got a water supply, you're going to be okay to be able to cook that. But those things have a shelf life basically that's infinite. So as long as you don't have critters getting into it or moisture exposed to it, you know, you can put a bag of rice on the shelf and it's going to last a long long time. Not exactly an exotic meal choice, but doing without any food or eating a bowl full of rice. You've got some extra condiments sit there on the shelf. You can actually make it taste pretty good. It'll fill your stomach, and I think that's going to be an important thing. Hopefully we will never ever ever need it, and hopefully you never have to rely on the emergency services from Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. But there they are the leader in twenty four hour days seventy a week emergency service. So if your HVAC unit goes out at any time except for a power I call Zimmer. More than seventy five years of keeping their customer home safe and efficient and comfortable. That is a tradition of Zimmer Heating and Cooling. You can trust his third generation of folks. They will take great care of you. That's why they've been around so long. And joining an A plus the Better Business Bureau. And if you need a new air conditioning unit yours has gone belly up, it's time to call Zimmer because there's still got it. The cool carrier comfort rebate of up to twenty one hundred dollars off a new carrier unit, the folks that invented air conditioning installed by the loyal, wonderful folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning third Generation. You got it all going for you there, So for all HVAC needs, go ahead, go online, schedule the appointment right there and learn more about what Zimmer can do for you. It's go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC. Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm Colin Hurst.
Speaker 6: We want to invite you to listen to Victor Gray Financial Services.
Speaker 1: Here's your weather forecast. It's gonna be mostly cloudy, danity isolated afternoon showers if possible. See high of seventy six down to fifty two over night with partly cloudy skies, partly cloudy and mostly sunny Tomorrow with the highest seventy two clear overnight forty nine and a sunny Thursday with a highest seventy nine six degrees. Right now, see what Chasin has on traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCE Health Traffic Center with U see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that get patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 10: Visit UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 6: Start to see a few more cars come northbound seventy five north of Kyle's not quite a delay as you come into downtown yet, but definitely we'll keep an eye on that. One seventy five heading southbound through the Lackland Split, still in good shape down to Reagan. Seventy one south Fifer to Reagan's still moving pretty well despite the fog. I'm Jason Earhart on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five KRCD talk station in a special Tuesday edition a tech Friday with dayve had it. We'll call it tech Tuesday. Little literation there, of course, on the heels of the Bobby's concerned over that seventy two hour window and not being able to communicate or heard the top of the our news with in the bottom of the our news people in North Carolina completely shut off in some areas and sadly no cell phone service thanks to a Verizon outage. To talk about that from intro I Final on line at interest tit dot com. Dave Hatter, welcome back, my friend. You can come on the show any day of the week. My brother, Hey Brian, how you doing I'm doing okay obviously with world affairs, none of which look pretty but I didn't. I have a Verizon account, but I never lost my service. So what happened? How did this come about? And are there any alternatives in situations like this? Down the road I had to Listener recommends satellite phones.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the bad news is so far in Rizon is still pretty tight lipped about what happened. I checked both their status page. They have a page under their support website called check Network Status. You can see what's happening, you know, pretty much into your address whatever looks good, and then down Detector. I think we've talked about this before. Down Detector is a pretty popular website where if you're experiencing some kind of service outage for just about any major service you can think of. I'm just looking at their page now, I see PlayStation Network Apparently it was down. That's, you know, the Sony video game network of Verizon AT and T Spectrum T Mobiles.
Speaker 4: So there's just a bunch of stuff on here.
Speaker 11: And this is a place where you can go and self report that something is out right. So if you go back and look, yesterday mid morning, people started to report this on down detector. At one time, more than one hundred thousand people were out Now, like you, Brian, I have Verizon. My phone worked fine all day. I will say the connectivity was not great at one point, but I never lost it completely and went into that SOS mode. And just a reminder for folks, the whole SOS mode. The idea there is you can still make emergency calls and send texts in like emergency related stuff. You just can't use the phone under normal conditions. So weird, you know, it's kind of there as a lifeline in the event of serious outage.
Speaker 1: Now I just come I find it weird. You can still communicate for emergency, but you can't use it for any other form of communication. How does how does one work the other one not?
Speaker 11: I don't know what's happening inside the network that makes that possible.
Speaker 4: Again, you know, this, I think is a fairly.
Speaker 11: Recent capability, and it's there as a, you know, kind of a backup type situation in the event that the network goes down. I have had my phone go into SOS mode before, usually when I'm in some sort of you know, really off the beaten.
Speaker 4: Path type of location.
Speaker 11: But here's the good news, despite the fact that they've said very little about it so far, and of course that leads people to speculate all kinds of things, like some kind of cyber attack. You know, normally, if you recall, it hasn't been that long since AT and T had a big outage and they pretty much said it was not a cyber attack. Now again, I can't find anything so far this morning where Verizon has set anything other than you know, here's what you can do if you're out, and one of their suggestions is try to use Wi Fi calling, So you know, you go into the settings on your phone, turn on the Wi Fi calling if it's not turned on already, and then if you can get a Wi Fi connection, you can still generally use the phone. Newer versions of iPhone, so you have to have an iPhone fourteen or above and ideally iOS eighteen because it's got some guidance center to help you set it up. Apple now has this new capability where you can connect to certain satellites and then still use the phone in a limited way. In fact, I found a excuse me a headline. Apple satellite messaging feature emergencies a lifeline after Hurricane Plane leaves thousands without cell phone service. Here's how you can use it. So again, it doesn't It doesn't work on every phone. You have to have a newer iPhone to do this, and you have to enable it. But there are some alternatives in the future. If you find yourself without cell phone service, either turn on the Wi Fi calling and use that, or if that's you know, if you're in a place where that's not an option, you might be able to use that satellite calling capability. But yeah, so far, Verizon has basically not explained what happened, which I think is unfortunate because again it leaves people to speculate. Could this be some sort of cyber attack or something, And I'm not saying it wasn't. I'm also not saying it was I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, well, well, okay, cyber attack or some chunk of equipment broke down, whatever the case may be. What possible benefit does Verizon have or what does it have to gain by not letting people know, or could it be that they just don't know, which I find too are to believe.
Speaker 11: Well, I think those are both good questions, and I think the latter is certainly a possibility. Maybe they don't know yet, although that wouldn't really explain why the service came back on, and I doubt it was a cyber attack. You know, is it possible that a cyber attack just knocked out some users?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean, Verizon has an enormous customer base. I think it is about one hundred and fifteen million customers. And while the only numbers I've seen are the hundred are roughly one hundred thousand people that reported on down detector, So you know, you can probably guess there's a lot more that don't know about down detector and didn't report it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 11: You know, even if it were triple or quadruple that, that's still a relatively small percentage of their giant customer base. So you know, could there have been a boxed software update. It's you know, it's usually something like that, like to your point, some kind of piece of equipment that's you know, switch around or something that's serving one segment goes down. But for the rationale for not explaining it, I don't know. I to me again, that just when you don't explain what happened, and also probably of equal importance in my mind, what you're going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again. Right, It doesn't really leave a sense of confidence.
Speaker 1: See that's my point. It seems to me to detract from, you know, the reputation of the company by keeping things under wraps. You know, yeah, well we got attacked by we got a cyber attack. I mean, everybody gets cyber attacked. I don't think that would necessarily reflect poorly on Verizon. I know you'd like to think they would get ahead of these things based upon everything that you talk about every week, but it's impossible to do one hundred percent without knowing, you know, where these nefarious actors are lurking around.
Speaker 11: Well, especially as critical as self phone services nowadays, and in light of like the recent disaster and so yes, you know, the ability to communicate obviously extremely important.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 11: It's it's a little disappointing to me as a long time Verizon customer that they've been you know, very they have not been forthcoming with information. It'll be interesting to see if they say more about it today. But the good news is again, you know, you in most newer phones, especially if you're close to a Wi Fi, you can turn on this Wi Fi calling capabilities to work around and if you have one of your newer Apple phones you can potentially use their satellite. So you know, it's good to know that you might have some additional alternatives for this to happen again, or you find yourself in a situation where it's not working for way.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, is a practical approach to this for those who are concerned about Like for me, I was really worried if if because I lost internet connection because of the utility, pull the one down, find a lost power. Fine, but I still had my smartphone, which we hook up to the internet to keep me you know, emails, I could communicate that way, text messages, I communicate that way, so I wasn't cut off from my mom who lives on the other side of town. For me, now, if the cell phone went out in addition to everything else, do we have any options if we are the plan ahead? Dare I say prepper types to maintain communications or is it that satellite phone equipment and an account and monthly charge you have to pay just in case?
Speaker 11: You know, there are a variety of different options out there, Brian, I mean, you know, depending on how important communication is to you for whatever reason there, you could always have a different account on another service because you know, typically barring some sort of wide scale cyber attack or EMP or something, you know, when Verizon's down, your T mobile or AT and T or something else.
Speaker 4: Isn't down as well.
Speaker 11: You know, so that that would be one option, you know, you could. Now can you still have to have power, right, you still have to have electricity to power some of this stuff, right, like starlink, you know, must starlink. In fact, I saw a headline yesterday, but I couldn't find it this morning before I got on the phone with you. Apparently Musk has donated something like five hundred Starlink units to deploy throughout the hurricane impacted area to provide connectivity for people. Great, and I've seen several people on X talking about how they're using starlink to get connected. So you know, there's walkie talkies. You know, the range might be an issue there, but there's you know, there's there's a lot of different options now, which is a good thing compared to let's say the seventies, when you know, maybe CB was not the only option if the phones were down.
Speaker 1: True Ham radio operators, I'm sure they still exist out there in the world and beyond that. Though for the regular folks that want to prepare, the only option sounds like one of those starlink type opera phones or connections.
Speaker 4: Or you know, if you can get in your car.
Speaker 11: Potentially again, you could go to like a public library or something that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: I'm not a fan of public Wi Fi, but you know, in a dire situation, if I really needed to communicate with someone, you know, I might go to a public place.
Speaker 1: If the power is still on at the public podcast.
Speaker 11: That's true, you had to find a place where there's power, right, But you could try the Wi Fi.
Speaker 4: Calling there for example.
Speaker 11: At least you know, get over your initial concern of that first communication after an event to make sure someone's okay.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Dave had our interest it dot coms where you find him for you're a business business carrier says are the best in the business, So deal with your computer needs. Maybe Verizon should have talk to you guys at Intrust. Dave had he God bless you, sir. You're always welcome on the program to get any developments on this one. Just feel free to let us know. We'll get you back on.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know. Thanks, Brian, have.
Speaker 1: A go on YouTube. Brother six forty fifty five KRC Detalk Station, New Hampshire, Gary. Hang on a moment. I will get to your call. The first a positive word from my friends at Foreign Exchange. You're going to be very happy you took your car to get serviced at Foreign Exchange. I'm giving you a little warning here with the port shutdown. One of the things I heard that was going to be maybe in short supply automobile parts, many of them come from Europe. Obvious that destination will be a port on the East coast, Golf coast, So you might want to consider getting your car service right or why I call Foreign Exchange Regardless of when or under what circumstances, the bottom line is your bottom line in Foreign Exchange. Let's compare them to the dealership a SE certified master technicians. I can only presume a dealership has those factory trained. Foreign Exchange does date access to your technical to the technical information from your manufacturer. Yes, Foreign Exchange has that. Regardless of which manufacturer you bought your car from, traditional Asian or European. They've got it. Full warrants you on parts and service. I presume a dealer gives you that you get it at foreign exchange. How about the price. The bottom line is the bottom line. Foreign exchange does not cost Jargeau as much to fix your cars the dealer does. I've saved probably thousands over the years because between my daughter's imported car when she lived at home and our Honda, and my wife and Mike have each have German cars, all of them have been to foreign exchange and gotten the foreign exchange experience. So I'm guessing thousands of dollars saved over the years. Call Austin and the crew five one, three, six, four, four, twenty six, twenty six. That's the Westchester location. Tiles the legs at off seventy five East Go two streets, hanging right on Kingland Driving. You are there. You'll find them online Foreign X four in the letter X dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station, the Great American here for my buddy.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be mostly cloudy day today. According to Channa nine, isolated afternoon showers are possible seventy six with the high overnight low of fifty two, with partly cloudy skies, breezy, partly mostly sunny tomorrow with the high of seventy two. It's going to be clear of a night down to forty nine and a sunny day on Thursday with the highest seventy nine. Right now sixty six. Time for traffic.
Speaker 6: Jason from the u SEE Health Traffic Center with u See Health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit UCHealth dot com. Starting to see a little bit of volume pick up on seventy five. Come in northbound as you make your way north of Dixie Highway. Same story on four to seventy one volume picking up a grand avenue on the Ohio side. With the exception of some northern suburbs and some thick fog, You're moving pretty well right now, especially.
Speaker 10: On the interstates. Jason Arhardt on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC talk Station, Happy Tuesday, but here from the Parkinson's five k folks coming up at seven thirty. Great organization they are, and a great event. You'll get the details with Chris Caffey Morinen Gardner coming up at seven thirty in the meantime, over to the phones. Thank you for holding there, New Hampshire, Gary, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian. I just I heard your radio podcast. I think it was Friday that you announced that you had a a growing mass from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my lymphoma has returned. I had a CT scan and I was having some symptoms and it was rather fortuitous. I had the h folks in a couple of weeks ago and my cancer doctor was in studio to talk about lymphoma and leukemia Awareness Month, and she was going over the symptoms and night sweats were the only one that I really ever noticed. And originally when I was before I was diagnosed, I never attributed night sweats to cancer. And after I got a cancer diagnosis back in twenty eighteen, they said, well, that's why you had these night sweats, and like, oh, God, wonder, I was wondering why that started. I never knew. So she's going over the other symptoms and I, yeah, man, a little bit of real mild night sweats. But she mentioned fatigue and getting easily exhausted, and I'm starting to think, hmm, I've just been blaming my own being out of shape in my cardiovascular system, which is I would say probably not in great order. Since I haven't worked out in a long time. I've just been attributing to that, and so I thought I better make an appointment. I made an appointment. She felt my lymph nodes and said I need to order a CT scan. CT scan in my abdomen revealed that, yeah, you've got some growing lymph nodes, and apparently it's a matter of concern because she wants me to get a biopsy and I had one schedule and she wanted it done sooner. So I'm taking the morning show. I'm taking a day off on Monday to get a biopsy because she couldn't wait for another week when that's got me freaked out. So I'm not feeling really confident right now. But I am in good hands. So it's just I suppose it's in God's hands and the hands of my doctors at OHC at this point. So I should know more sometime after Monday and I get my biopsy.
Speaker 3: Well, I just called in to let you know that you're in my prayers you and it really it's almost like you're my dad in some ways. I've been listening to you ever since. Actually I listened to your dad, and I've listened to you, you know, for almost for eighteen years now, and I really seek a lot of wisdom in your words. And that's why I went out immediately this morning and I bought thirty cases of bananas and I wrapped them up and those plastic tubs that you get at Walmart. So I got enough banana you've last me until January. And I made sure it's sealed up because I put Boeing stock certificates and used the wrapping paper.
Speaker 8: So I'm good to go.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: I probably sure appreciate the humor and the very kind words the answer, Gary, it means the world to me, It really does. And a lot of other people have expressed, you know, that they were praying for me and that they were hoping the best for me with this. Whatever is going to happen down the road, whatever will be, will be, And you gave me a nice springboard, Gary, And thanks again for the call. Over the weekend, I met that Republican club event. The guy walked up to me and this just, you know, just I allergy attack. Folks. You have talked about allergy attacks before, but I don't know this man. He walked up to me and he said, you know, I heard you, I mean, brought everybody up to speed because you were hoping to be cancer free for four years if you made it to November. Obviously I didn't, but he heard me make a mention and I said, I was going to bring it up anymore, but he said, I want you to know that I am doing a prayer and the rosary, the rosary one every day for the next ten days in your honor. And now he knows I'm not a Catholic, but what a wonderful, wonderful gesture, what a just.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And I think about people, you know, at Christmas time, you wish someone Merry Christmas, and some fill in the blank SEC non compliant jerk will get offended. I'm not care. I'm not Christian. Well, you know someone that just offered you a warm from the heart greeting, you should embrace that. And this story is like that. All over the place, people getting rude. So there's a story the other day, but it was a flight attendant was wishing people a blessed day and some again, I'm I'm inclined to break the SEC rules here when thinking about the reaction was indignation, like how dare you? I mean, that is a kind gesture. And back to the guy who praying the rosary for me, how could you feel anything but just the beautiful reality of that gesture. So thank you for that, and for all the others who've expressed, you know, prayers and thoughts on my behalf. And it means the world to me. It's see amazing how many friends you find out you have, and in difficult times, friends he might not know real well, but the people in the world that actually care are a concerned. So again I means the world, and I'll give give people an update I'm feeling right now, given the urgency that this biops he's got that I'm going to be quickly back into treatment and knowing the good people at OHC and my cancer doctors, and yes I do speak for them, but they're my doctors. I'm confident that I'm in the right hands and then things will work out okay, But you know, if they don't, that's God's plan, right, isn't that what we all say? Yeah, maybe a learning lesson for other or you know, an illustration or example of I don't know what at least for me, because apparently lymphoma there is. It's not like you can say you shouldn't have smoked, you shouldn't have drunk. There's just no real ration now behind why anybody gets lymphoma. But welcome to my world, and I'm struggling through it. Thankfully, I've got wonderful family support as well as my listening audience. God bless each and every one of you. Stick around. We've got some time to talk. After the top of the our news and we get to the seven thirty segment, we'll talk about the Parkinson's five k coming up later eight oh five. The inside scoop of bright bart News. Daniel Davis Deep Dive and speaking of OHC to be on at eight fifty talking about Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Ever changing world.
Speaker 1: There's one constance you can depend on. Fifty five KRC, the talk station at the top end bottom of the hour seven oh six. Here at fifty five pharisee you eat talk station all right, Thomas here, wishing you a very happy Tuesday. Try to make it so, and we'll get whole kinds of details coming up at the bottom of the hour and the Parkinson's five K great event. If you struggling with Parkinson's disease for organization there for you, Parkinson's Support and Wellness here in Cincinnati. You can go to Parkinson Singular, Parkinson Cincinnati dot org. Get all the information and find out all the resources that develop if you can have a good life living with Parkinson's disease, and they'll help you out to do that. So Parkinson's Support and Wellness. We'll hear from them at the bottom of the hour. Chris Kaffney Mornen Gardner on that. Coming up in one hour the inside scoop of Bright Barton News Washington Bureau chief Matt Boyle. He'll be talking about the latest election news and an empower You seminar that's going on tonight about the vice presidential debate preview. Don't forget Channel five's also got the Orlando Sonza Greg Landsman debate. That should be a great one if you're not doing anything at seven or alternately, the Power You Seminar tonight log in from your own home. That's easy to do it to empower You America dot org. Update thirty, we'll hear from Daniel Davis, who do a Daniel Davis Deep Dive every Tuesday eight thirty retired Lieutenant Colonel Davis. We're talking about, Yes, the war in Israel continuing and actually expanded. This morning. Israel entered Elevenon. They have boots on the ground in northern Israel. They went into eleven to secure the area, to provide some security for the sixty thousand Israelis who had to evacuate Northern Israel. So more fighting and a lot of concerns about the escalation and whether the Iranians will become directly involved. It seems to me they're directly involved simply by virtue of the fact that they're waging a proxy war through their terrorist organizations. I don't think Hazbala acts without the approval of the Iranian leadership personally. We'll see what Daniel Davis has to say about that. And it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Ohd joins a program at eighte fifty to talk about breast cancer, breast cancer awareness and probably some new treatment options that are available. I know they're making great inroads in treatment options for breast cancer. You got a real chance of surviving these days, unlike the death sentence that it used to be for so many folks struggling with breast cancer, and apparently it's not just women, but that obviously is the majority. Anyhow, five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty on at and T phones, Hoping to hear from our Florida friend Laura. Laura marsh now Wright used to be the manager over at the Capital Girl. We used to go to listen to lunch there. She's awesome. She moved out to Florida, that was her goal in life and been happy ever since until you get hit by the hurricane. And of course she sent me some pictures, maybe of course to you, but just remind folks who weren't listening earlier, send me some pictures of the devastation that she had struggled through. And wow, it's real eye opening. And even more eye opening is what's going on around Asheville, North Carolina. I'm sure you've seen some of the videos and the destruction, complete towns leveled, totally isolated from humanity. It's just really a hard thing to get your head around. Also a hard thing to get one's head around. Pretty much anything comes out of procuring Genprre's mouth and just talking the other day about the new border statistics that were released by ICE government statistics, including thirteen ninety nine migrant murderers among the six hundred and fifty thousand plus criminal migrants and suspects that have been released into the interior of the United States of America. Representative Tony Gonzalez released those figures that he received from ICE and nobody's reporting on it. Why is that it's like radio silence or media silence on the reality that we're beholding here four hundred and twenty five thousand plus convicted criminals, thirteen ninety nine murderers, and a quarter of a million almost that have pending criminal charges against them. Frightening stuff. And the hurricane. Of course you knew this was coming.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Look, illegal aliens were arrested for trying to steal from hurricane victims in Washington County, Tennessee, eight of them. Sheriff Keith Sexton said his deputies arrested eight men September twenty eighth that were being held on a twenty thousand dollars bond. They were robbing folks that were victims of the hurricane. Thanks very much. Over to the phones. There's Laura right there. Laura, God bless you. I've got all of our prayers going out to you and everybody else impacted by the hurricane. Those photographs in the video you said, Oh my god, it's just got to be gut wrenching. Welcome to the fifty five krs Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Hey Brian, good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: How are things going down there?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So to explain to people, I live right off Tampa across the bridge on the it's basically a peninsula off the peninsula of Florida, and then you've got other bridges that go to the Barrier Islands where you've got Treasure Island, Water, Saint Pete Beach, all those places. So we went over into Sunset Beach in Treasure Island yesterday. We do some property maintenance out there, and we actually just did a total reno from Hurricane Adhia, and it was completely It's like walking into a bad dream. That's the only way I can describe it. It's like a war zone.
Speaker 1: So the photograph of your property, the photograph that you sent me your property photographs plural, that you sent me of you. That's the property that had just been renovated.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Ohio, and we've been doing all the maintenance work for him, and we actually had to gut the whole thing during a dahlia and put everything brand new in and it's destroyed.
Speaker 1: Ah well, just by way of reference, when you had to do those repairs, how long did it take you from start to finish? Because I imagine given the demands for building materials and actual contractors amid that chaos in that devastation, it's got to be a long window.
Speaker 12: It really is. And we did most of the work ourselves, and we did hire out one person to help us. So it took us probably about eight months to finish that project, and we got it done probably about four weeks ago. And the new tenant had just moved in thirteen days ago. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Rubbing salt in the wound then throwing some lemon juice on top of it, that's just got to be all. So how about your own personal living space? I know you got hit with some really really high winds. Were able to avoid at least some of the water damage problems in you're a personal home?
Speaker 12: Yeah, with this feline, we were able to avoid the water damage. We had the really high winds. They were over eighty five miles an hour whipping around our house. That night, we sustained more damage from Debbie. I'm four miles in from the Gulf of Mexico and we had water in our house for that, so we're still recovering from that. We had to come in through our ceiling underneath the foundation, so we're working on getting those repairs done. So both storms just really did a number on this area. But Helene is like nothing I've ever seen in my life. It's just so crazy.
Speaker 1: Now in terms of getting access to groceries and water and is the power back on. I mean, I guess I'm just kind of wondering logistically speaking, how are you kind of managing day to day? Is it difficult?
Speaker 12: So my area here, like I said, we're four miles in, we're across a bridge from the Barrier Island, so there's neighbors that didn't have power for two days here, we were out for twenty four hours out at the beach. Though they have not had power since Helene went through. They're slowly starting to get some power to the places, like publics have power now, so people are able to go to grocery stores but all the homes, hotels, everything along the Gulf Boulevard, which many people know, still do not have power, They have no podable water. So it's a big wreck out there.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to hear that. Well, I know my listening audience, you know, prayers, of course are coming your way for all the folks that are impacted by this. I can only wish you the best and dealing with the aftermath. And you know, as Andrew just pointed out, the ports on the East coast and the golf now are shut down because of the strike, and just a little concern that that may exacerbate an already problematic situation with building supplies and materials.
Speaker 12: Laura, absolutely, yeah, absolutely, because people basically lost everything in their homes. That's the place that we manage had We're guessing five foot of water on the inside of the units. It literally tipped the refrigerator upside down.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that. And then when you showed the picture that you showed where you could see how the water rose in the room, I just my mouth fell open when I saw that is the tenant Okay.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all the tenants, it's a four level, all the tenants left. The two people that live upstairs. Obviously nothing happened to their insides, but they still can't live there because there's no electricity, no water, it's hard to get into the area. The tenants did all leave, and I just my heart breaks for the girl that just moved in. She's only I think in her mid twenty and it's her first We moved from Colorado to the beach to live her dream, and thirteen days later her dream is gone.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so sad.
Speaker 12: Yeah, lots of stories like that down here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Is there anything coming on the horizon in terms of the weather forecast? There are you get a reprieve.
Speaker 3: We're watching.
Speaker 12: There's two developments out there right now in the Gulf. Right now, it's looking like that first one is not going to affect us. Fingers crossed, So right now, hopefully we have a window to get things, you know, back together and don't have anything bad come through. October is the last month of hurricane season. See, you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Laura, God bless you on behalf of all my listeners. Prayers your way and best of luck. I hope you and Jim get out of a situation as soon as possible, and that you are spared any aftermath and extra piling on. You've had enough. Leave Laura, Leave Laura, Jim alone, Please, Laura, if there's anything I can.
Speaker 12: Do for you. People come together down here, so there's just people helping everyone around here. It's a nice thing to see in this world.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're looking for you know, the little miracles that are going on around you. Sometimes the worst times do bring out the best in people, and sometimes it brings out the worst. We hope you continue to be surrounded by those people filled with goodwill and we're here for you. Laura. If as anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Logistics may be difficult, but the offer is outstanding.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I appreciate it and we'll see u.
Speaker 1: Sin thanks for chiming in, and I appreciate you tuning into the fifty five carsin morning show. My best to Jim and you take care. God loved you both. Seven seventeen right now fifty five carosite be talk station. You feel free to call in five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight to two three talk get yourself some odor exit. I hate to relate that last call to otor exit, but mildew and mold and things like that, it does eradicate the odors associated with those smells. Yes, it works like a charm. Otor exit products do mold, mildew, pet odors, smoke, human odors, food odors, you name it. They got products that will get rid of it with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Use it as directed. If it doesn't get rid of the odor, I find it hard to believe that it won't because it's worked for me so many times over the years. And you know a product that literally gets rid of skunk spray almost immediately, You know that is a powerfully strong product. But it's not toxic. They're all non toxic products, as I've mentioned. I just put the odor exit concentrate on a rat when we couldn't get rid of whatever. My dog rolled around it, rubbed it all over his head. He's fine. It doesn't bother anything, but it can limiting its odors. So if it doesn't, get your all your money back with the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Figure out which product you need, how to use it, ask any questions. There's a free number there toll free number to call them. Odor exit dot com No E O d O r xit dot com. You want to find a store locally so you can buy it today, Click on the link and fill out the zip code or whatever and it'll show you where it is. It'll be stores all around you to sell the products locally. Odor exit dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Channel line says a cloudy day, isolated afternoon showers are possible. See high a seventy six down to fifty two tonight with partly cloudy skies and greasy conditions are high. Tomorrow is seventy two if partly to mostly sunny skies, clear overnight down to forty nine, and a sunny Thursday going up to seventy nine at sixty six. Right now, it's get an update on traffic.
Speaker 6: Jason probably U see Health Traffic center with uce health, the future of care is happening now. Through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit UCHealth dot com. Filling up right now northbound seventy five from Dixie Highway to the Brent Spence Bridge. You're going to see break lights northbound four to seventy one. Pretty solid from Grand Avenue on up and on the Ohio side southbound seventy five moving slow Gawnbertha Paddock, seventy one south. A little bit of fog as you make your way from Fight for Down to Reagan. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: If you have KERCD talk station, I'm very happy Tuesday to you Tomorrow listener lunch Anderson Pobbin Girls the place to be. Get there about round eleven thirty. Some people show up early and some people roll in a little bit later. I'll usually get there quarter after eleven and hang out till about one thirty eighty two o'clock because I always finish up my lunch playing a game of cribbage with cribbage Mike, my submariner friend. Welcome to the morning show. Thanks good to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 13: More and Brian Thomas and I can't think of a more aptly time listener lunch, because everybody in that APG tomorrow will Brian Thomas's back a lot of love and support for that man.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that it's the outpouring of love and the face of my cancer re emergence has just been overwhelming for me, and I truly appreciate it.
Speaker 13: We got your back, sir.
Speaker 1: Hears a little bit today.
Speaker 13: To talk about from politics to talk about Pete Rose. It brings back very fond memories of an eight nine year old boy who my father took to Crosley Field because that was prior to the Big Red Machine. And literally I can hear him saying at our kitchen table, let's go down to watch Pete Rose and the Reds. Because not only was he a Cincinnati boy, he was a west Side boy. And I had the fortunate, like a lot of Westsider not hole players, to play a bold Face park. And I know you know where that part's the intersection at Dell High Pike and River Road, what Pete Rose grew up within walkingnesses to that field, and that's where Pete Rose started playing baseball on bold Face. And I took a lot of pride even when I was in an when obviously Pete Rose would come up in all the controversy and say that I played on the big field as Pete Rose. Did you know, but you mentioned earlier in the show about whether or not Cooperstown will put him in posthumously here in the years out. I think that would be the ultimate slap in the face.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of my reaction. Yeah, that's that's Why would you do it after he's dead, when he won't have any opportunity to sort of enjoy the moment, even if just for a moment, to wait till he dies and then offer it to him. It's like, God, he fought for it for decades. Not that I think he deserves to be forgiven for lying.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know he's the greatest baseball player ever, but that was the cardinal rule of baseball, you know. I mean, rules are there for a reason. And he did lie to us repeatedly over the years, claiming he never gambled, and then oh yeah I did, but it didn't bet on the Reds, And then oh yeah I did, but I never bet for the Reds to lose. You know, it reminds me of Bill Clinton. I did not have sex with that woman, so woman, I can't deny his greatest baseball player to ever played the game. I'm glad he came from Cincinnati. I'm glad he was on the big Red Machine. I got tremendous joy during the big Red Machine eras it was k through twelve education time for me. And you couldn't help but talk about it, be surrounded by it, and you know, being caught up in it. But you know, lo and behold behind the scenes.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, and I really raised a lot of eyebrows when I would bring up those same points because we are forgiving nation and Hetty come right out the gate in hindsight, being twenty twenty admitted it.
Speaker 1: We Yeah, maybe a whole different thing I do. The Reds have.
Speaker 13: Retired his number. He has a beautiful statue out front. His statistics are all over Cooper's town. Pete Rose will not be forgotten. Never let's just leave it alone on another man. Condolences to his family and just an amazing but very complex individual.
Speaker 1: There is no doubt about that. But yes, you cannot there No one can talk about baseball and the history of baseball without Pete Rose's name coming up in the Hall of Fame or not. His record stands out among all of them. So good points. Scrivage, Mike. I'll look forward to seeing it Anderson pub and Girl tomorrow where hopefully I'll win, but my expectations are well managed. My friend. God bless you, Mike, and thanks as always for your service to our country. Seven twenty six right now, and thanks to the Parkinson's folks locally. They have a great organization. It's the Parkinson Support and Wellness. We're gonna hear about the five K event they've got coming up. They're going to join the program. Chris Gaffney and Maureene Gardner. After a couple of brief words, here for Cover. Since the John Rowman and the team at Cover, since the opportunities abound for you to lower the price of your medical insurance and get better coverage dollar one coverage, Say it's worth a phone call if you could save five hundred to one thousand dollars a month and get better coverage, including dollar one coverage for a lot of the services that most people get throughout the year. Don't you think it's worth a phone call if you know the call's not going to obligate you to do anything. It's only going to initiate a review of your insurance currently and what the options are for you. That's what the team covers. Since he does they work with hundreds of insurance companies and have accessed to thousands of different healthcare plans. They customize a package of insurance policies that fit your needs and for less money, you'll get better insurance. And if they can't do something for me, you at least feel better about knowing where you are right now what you've got. But I'm telling you time and time again. My listeners eyes bobbed them like I'm saving five hundred dollars and I got dollars. Yes, it can be done. So two ways to reach the team. It's five one three eight hundred call that's five one three eight hundred two two five five, or fill out a form online where you can learn more about cover since what they do. Just go to coversincey dot com get the process started. Hey, the only thing you can look back on is if it doesn't work, is that, Wow, it took me two minutes to go through this process. But if that two minutes could result in massive savings for you again with better medical coverage. Coversincey dot com fifty five KRC time for the nine first warning weather forecast seventy six are high today, maybe some isolated showers, but are just most cloudy day overnight fifty two for a low, cloudy, breezing Tomorrow partley clouded to mostly sunny with the highest seventy two, clearing up overnight down to forty nine and a sunny Thursday with Ahio seventy nine sixty six. Right now time for Travelick up date Jason.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center with UC healthy future of care is happening now. Through clinical trials and innovative treatments, they give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 10: Visit UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 6: North seventy five at Donaldson accident blocking the two loft lanes. You're slow back toward Burlington Pike northbound four to seventy one. Also running a bit slow from Grand Avenue on up on the Ohio side. South seventy one slows from two seventy five to Peiffer and South seventy five crowded through the Lochlan Split on down the paddock. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one fifty about krsee talk station. Brian Thomas happy to welcome to the fifty five CARSEE morning show from the Parkinson Support and Wellness Group talking about the Parkinson's five K coming up. Welcome to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Maureen Gard, It's good to have you on today.
Speaker 14: Thanks Brian.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Let's start with Parkinson's disease. You know, I had to look it up because I'm not really familiar with it, and thank god I don't have it. You know, it's bad enough what I got, but it's a brain disorder. I did not know, a chronic brain disorder that affects movement, mental health, and other aspects of health. Is there a causal relationship with our day to day lives, you know, smoking or drinking or lifestyle choices, and who gets Parkinson's and who doesn't?
Speaker 14: Well, there's there are some risk factors for Parkinson's. One is age actually great most the incidence increases with age, especially over the age of sixty five. But there's also other risk factors such as trauma. You know Brett barb was just recently diagnosed due to head trauma from football.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Did Muhammad Ali have Parkinson's disease?
Speaker 14: Absolutely? Okay, figure you know, Joe Montana. I can't think of other sports figures off at the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it makes sense if trauma to the head can cause the brain injury or the Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Again, I'm not an authority on Parkinson's disease, but something parents might want to factor into the equation when they're deciding whether they want to have their children playing contact sports.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, absolutely, or at least wear helmets and for protective gear.
Speaker 1: Definitely. All right, before we get to the five K, tell my listeners about the Parkinson Support wellness which my listeners can find online at Parkinson Cincinnati dot org. Because there are a lot of things that you do to help deal with the symptoms of Parkinson's diseasy of support and other things. Let my listeners know what you do day to day and throughout the year.
Speaker 14: So this is a great five oh one C three. We have a trifled mission of education, learning and.
Speaker 12: Support and exercise.
Speaker 14: We offer education opportunities about six or seven times a year via zoom on Saturday mornings for different topics of Parkinson's. We also offer an annual symposium for educational opportunities. We get grants to local exercise trainers who sponsor Parkinson's specific exercise training. We also offer a list of resources for support groups. We hold an annual fundraiser, the Steady Strides, which is occurring this Friday, this Saturday at the Mason Corwen Nixon Park. And via that money that we raise, we give back to the community. So we give back to the exercise groups to keep the cost down for our patients, for our people, so that they can take advantage of these opportunities.
Speaker 1: And it is strongly recommended that people were struggling with Parklkinson's exercise regularly. That's one of the things I saw consistently throughout the discussions on Parkinson's.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, exercise is the only thing research base that has shown to deter disease progression. People exercise, they will not progress as quickly as.
Speaker 12: If they don't.
Speaker 1: All right, So get off the couch, get into the Steady Strides five K taking place this Saturday. Now you mentioned it's at I'm sorry, where's it taking place again.
Speaker 14: Mason Corwyn Nixon Park, which isn't right off of Mason Montgomery Road.
Speaker 1: Oka forty nine Mason Montgomery Road. Now it starts at the five K begins at ten am. I know the gates open at eight, but the official start time is ten.
Speaker 14: Correct, That's correct, That's correct. All right, So we have a lot of food vendors and raffle baskets and it's a it's really a great family fun event.
Speaker 1: Well, the food vendors are actually sponsors in fact, aren't they? Yes, they are, all right, So let's get across Lorose's Pizza, Glear's Getta Burger's. I have those every time I go to the Parkinson's. Five K just scarfed out about three of them. Culligan Water, Johnny's Creamy with first Watch Goodies, Marx Begels and bananas donated by Freeze Brothers. The live music you're bringing back new brew band, I.
Speaker 3: See, m hm, Yes we are guy, they are great.
Speaker 1: And then you have raffles as well, Yes we have.
Speaker 14: We have a variety of baskets that people donate so that you can buy tickets and you know, been on those raffles as well as a couple of higher end items that people have donated. One can also be found on the website.
Speaker 1: At Parkinson Cincinnati dot org. Yes, well, the hell with Taylor Swift? Look who's in the national anthem?
Speaker 3: Ye that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: My voice clears up.
Speaker 1: Then I'm sure, Lil Mariene, it's gonna be a great event. It always is. It's everybody's in such a great mood. And know you do not have to run. I always like to emphasize that because if I try to run, like even like a quarter mile, you're gonna find me in a ditch in need of defibrillators. But you you're allowed to walk this event, and it is only five k, so joining the fun.
Speaker 12: We have one k a one one k as well.
Speaker 1: Whoa yeah, and then also the little you have the Little Strider's Race for children ten and under.
Speaker 14: That's right, that's right. That's always a fun thing.
Speaker 1: All right, helping out a great cost. Be there anytime after eight, but be there before ten if you're planning on participating in the five k or the one k is the case may be this Saturday sixty two forty on Mason Montgomery Road at Corn Nixon Park UH and online again Parkinson, Cincinnati dot org. I'm gonna have Joe put a link up to your organization on my website along with the details about this event. Hopefully a lot of people will show up and help support your fantastic group. Maureen, looking forward to hearing you sing the national anthem as well. Thanks so much, Brian, my place, your support anytime we can help out here on the fifty five causing morning. She you've got it seven thirty seven and got time to talk between now on the top of the hour, after which we're going to hear the inside scoop from Bright Bartney's Washington bureau chief Matt Boyle on the latest election news and the empower Youth Suminar that's taking place tonight, followed by Daniel Davis Deep Dive, and we'll learn about breast cancer at eight fifty. To stick around for all that, and in the meantime, another call you can make is to Suzette Lowe's Camp mortgagees. That's what she knows about, and she knows more about it than anybody I imagine put her to the test about more than thirty five years of experiencing the mortgage industry. She is with Cross Country Mortgage and that means she can help you regardless of which state you're sitting in right now. Even my friends in Puerto Rico can rely on Susette's wonderful assistance. She is absolutely, without question, the best in customer service. You just love working with us. She's sweet as she can be, knowledgeable, of course, and very efficient. She'll get you through the whole process start to finish really quickly, pain free, and with no junk fees and no application fees. That's right. It's always great rates at the low cost with more with a Susette Low's camp. And that's why I sent my daughter over to her when she was trying to get financing for her home. Worked like a charm. She was so pleased that I she took my advice, and you will be too, So give her a call. She'll be quick about getting back with you, so you can literally call her ad any time of day five to one, three three one three fifty one seventy six. Five to one, three three one three fifty one seventy six. You'll get right back with you if you send her an email as well. That's Susette dot Low's Camp spelled L s E KA MP Suzette dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station inexperience Here it is.
Speaker 1: Nine first, one and one. A forecast gonna be a well, not a bad day to day at cloudy maybe an isolated shower two but U seventy six for the high fifty two overnight partly cloudy bit breezy Tomorrow partly to mostly Sunday with is seventy two, clear skies over Wednesday night down to forty nine, and a sunny Thursday seventy nine for the high sixty six degrees. Right now, it's time for traffick updates Jason from the U S Health Traffic Center with uce health.
Speaker 6: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit UCHealth dot com. Big problem right now is arec northbound seventy five with Donaldson left two lanes or blocked. We're tapping the breaks back toward Maul Road as a result. Four seventy one coming north belt. Also a slow ride from Grand Avenue on up on the Ohio side South seventy five, moving slow as you make your way through the Lachlan splits South seventy one. It's crowded from Fighter down toward at Reagan. Jason Ehheart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven forty two here Bickibuve KAROCD Talks station. Happy Tuesday to you're trying to make it so anyway, And of course lock going on the world and the port strike is in full effect, and the ripple effect on that could be profound. They don't get that thing settled down really quickly, gird your loins for some product shortages and of course some more inflationary pressure, most notably in the area like fruits. Mentioned that story about bananas being particularly difficult. But all the fruits and vegetables that might have landed in the port, they're not going anywhere and they are going to basically rot and fall apart. So problems galore with that. They want a seventy seven percent pay increase just to sit down at the table. That has to be upfront. They were offered a fifty percent pay increase or yeah, I think it was fifty over six years, and they said, no, we won't even sit down at the table with you guys unless you get seventy seven percent pay increase over six years, and then we'll talk about other details and other demands. So whether it gets worked out or not, of course, the Biden administration is beholden to the unions and is a bit afraid about exercising its options under the Taft Hartley Act, which could force those union workers to go back to the docks for a period of eighty days, calling it a cooling off period. It's a nineteen forty seven law. But the union leaders said in a video to his members that yeah, we're going to do a slow down. If they force us back, things are not going to be as well oiled as they otherwise would be. So problems are going to still rebound if they order them back under TAFT hardly. So I was talking about immigration before we got into the conversation with Laura down to Florida about the aftermath of the hurricane. I mentioned the release of information which came out the other day about the wealth at least among the six hundred and fifty thousand criminal elements have been released into the United States of America through the southern border and elsewhere, among those thirteen thousand, ninety nine who have been convicted of murder. So Peter Douci of Fox News asked cream Ganpierre about this. He said, thirteen thousand people who have been convicted of murder across the border illegally and are living among us. So how much danger are US communities in right? Now now we could maybe poke fond the question itself, but generally speaking, hey, thirteen thousand murderers, what's up? Her response quote, Remember this is kream gen Pierre. I think she went to the common school Harris of a word salad, duck, dip, dodge, dive in duck. Anyway, I think it's important to correct the record here. It's been fact checked by some of your colleagues here by multiple outlets, that has been debunked on on what has been falsely misrepresented. Let me try to have it again, that has been debunked on what has been falsely misrepresented misrepresented here, So we her in the mouse in her pocket, have to call that out. He said, well, can you clarify what this misrepresentation is. If we're going to report something data that's out there, we got to do it in a way that it's not confusing the American people and certainly not lying. If you look at the total returns and removals of the past year that has been higher than every year under the previous administration since twenty ten. And then reiterated claims that the thirteen thousand murderers in the country has been fact checking falsely Ripen misrepresented. So, in other words, she doesn't answer the question the figures came from ICE, and the debunking she is referring to, I believe, is the statement from the Department of Homeland Security which said the thirteen ninety nine data, I guess or maybe all of these six hundred and fifty thousand illegal immigrant criminals, generally speaking, includes individuals who entered the country over the past forty years or more. It also includes many who are under the jurisdiction or currently incarcerated by federal, state, or local law enforcement partners. Now break that down. First off, that isn't saying the numbers lie. It's just saying it includes a large period of time. It's not just within the recent two years or under this administration. But if you're letting thirteen ninety nine murderers into the country and you haven't kept account of them, or under any circumstance a murderer has been allowed in our country, I don't care what administration it came under. It is a problem, probably exacerbated over the last four years or so under the open borders of the Biden administration. But that's information that we as the American people, might want to know why, because it might factor into our decision making on what good immigration policy might be and whether we think it's a good idea or a bad one to entertain something that they are offering by way of a legislative solution. And then this comment about it also includes many who are under the jurisdiction or or currently incarcerated by federal, state, local law enforcement partners. Now I don't know what under the jurisdiction means of federal, state or local. Maybe they have been issued to court. Date is that under the jurisdiction Now we still have tabs on them. Yeah they're murderers, but you know, but in the final analysis, nothing to defeat the reality of the ICE figures, which were released just the other day and not widely reported anywhere but on conservative media outlets. As I see that the Democrats fast tracked and approved George Soros acquisition of two hundred radio stations here in the United States. Seven eight. If you have KREC the talk station plum Tight Plumbing, it's always plumbing done right. Get on over to plump Tighttite, plump tight dot com. Check out all the services they offer the multiple locations. Mason Florence, Madeira and Centreville. It's always plumbing done right. They are a plus the better business buers. They don't charge the service charge. Look it says right there, we don't charge one. They also have maintenance plans to maintain and save club for a very small annual fee, you get a huge discount and basically everything's taken care of. You get an annual inspection. There's multiple opportunities there at plump Tight Plumbing. Just sort of to be forward thinking, but for any emergency, they're there twenty four hour day, seven day a week. You can easily schedule an appointment online or call them up. But in the final analysis, you get a great plumber, expert license plumber. They take great care of your home, They are great about communicating with you, and the price will always be right with my friends at plum Tight Plumbing. So call them up at five one three seven two seven tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three, or get in touch with them online again at plumtight dot com. Fifty five car the talk station this season on the new podcast, here's your nine first one to weather forecast. Cloudy day to day, isolated afternoon storms possible seventy six for the eye, down to fifty two overnight with partly cloudy skies, partly clouded and mostly sunny Tomorrow seventy two for the high, clear skies over night down to forty nine and a sunny day on Thursday with the highest seventy nine sixty six. Right now, time for a traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UC health Traffic Center. With uc health, the future of care is happening now. Through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients a chance for better upcomes. Visit uc health dot com. Big problem right now is arect northbound seventy five at Donaldson Block in the left two lanes traffics stalled all the way back toward Maul Road. You're gonna find four to seventy one. Also a slow ride as you make your way into downtown. Southbound seventy five is ramp at Hobble Street an accidents South seventy one moving slow Fieldsirtle all the way down to Smith Edwards. I'm Jason Earhart on fifty five krc the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: If you have KRCD Talk station, Happy Tuesday inside scoop and Bright part News over the top of the air news Daniel Davis deep dive and we'll get some information about breast cancer and Breast Cancer Awareness Month from OHC coming up at eight fifty. Ah real quickly here, I was talking about illegal immigrants in the Remember when weber the Donald Trump or was concused of locking up children in cages? Yeah, he was evil. Oh my god, this is just an absolute atrocity. House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mark Green issued a subpoena to Healthing Human Service Secretary Zakhia Arab bizarre are uh asking about where these tens of thousands of unaccompanied minor children are? He subpoenaed Bisarah last week after the lawmakers sent a letter to the Healthy Human Service Office Refugee Resettlement back in August inquiring about the quote vetting, screening and monitoring close quote of these unacompanied children. Hmm, he said yesterday, after weeks of ignoring, the Committee, Health and Human Services providing more than seven hundred pages of documents that are wholly unresponsive to the request, which includes hundreds of pages of publicly available documents. Five hundred and twenty thousand Unaccompanied Alien children UAC. That's an official government title we're encountered by customs and border agents. Between February of twenty one and last month, more than a half a million minors they see. Of those, more than two hundred and ninety one thousand have been released into the country without court dates. Another thirty two thousand did dates never showed up for their hearings, he said. From day one, the Biden Harris administration made clear they would not return UACs to the families in their home countries, and the consequences have been disastrous. The sheer number of unccompanied vulnerable miners who have crossed our southwest border on President Biden and Vice President Harris's watch is difficult to fully comprehend, but that doesn't make it any less tragic. Most of these children have witnessed things that would chill us to the bone, and when they arrived in the United States, the nightmare is only beginning. There's again an illustration of our government hiding data from the lawmakers who we've placed in charge to ride heard and monitor the activities of our lettered agencies behind the scene. This is their job making, or at least in part, making sure that people are hired to do a different job. In other words, immigration, custom, health and human services, all these lettered agencies. Hey, what's going on over there? If there's going to be any accountability, this information should be turned over, right And why would they hide it? Well, you know why they'd hide it because the imaging is terrible. It makes the Biden Harrison administration look grossly incompetent or unbelievably nefarious. It's an interesting thing. I saw Norway's starting to build a fence along the border they share with Russia. They're building a fence because they're worried about an element of warfare. And warfare takes on different images, doesn't it. You got the behind the scenes stuff. Dave Haddertex talks about Chinese Communist Party infiltrating and stealing information from US, shutting down systems, critical infrastructure, hacked into all that's a form of warfare. While flooding a country with uncountable numbers of people is also a form of warfare, and Norway is a little concerned about that. So they're going to be building a couple hundred miles or one hundred and fifty miles of fence to separate them from the Russian to prevent that from happening. Wonder if somebody around here cares about US seven fifty six fifty five KR City Talks Station, maybe the Trump administration will inside scoop with bright Bart News Washington. You're a chief Matt Boyle right after the News IV. You can stick around. It's the biggest news and trending news events from around the world at the top end and bottom of the allys. This is fifty five KRC the talk stations. This report each to know today future of America.
Speaker 8: Trump is president.
Speaker 1: In breaking news happening right now?
Speaker 8: Could all change?
Speaker 1: Keep up with life one fifty five KRC The talk station eight o six here fifty five KR City Talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a happy Tuesday and always looking forward to this time of week or time of week and time of day because every Tuesday eight to five we get to hear from bright Bart News with the inside scoo from Bright Bart, which I always start with book Market. You'd be glad you did b or E I, t BA art dot com. That's where you find out information that none of the mainstream media or legacy media is going to be talking about. And it's actually wonderful that we're reporting and fact based information. Welcome back, Washington Bureau chief for Bright Bart, Matt Boyle. It's always a pleasure having on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you bet anytime. It's glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Let's start off with you before we get to well the Empire Youth Seminar tonight, let's talk about the latest and election news. I note on Breitbart just recently posted that the Democrats have sued to block Georgia requiring ballot hand counts on election day. I mean, there's lawfare going on all over the place regard to election laws that have been passed, and I guess I have to ask out loud whether you're in a position to talk about it or not. Isn't it sort of interesting timing that they wait till basically about a month and a half before the election to launch these lawsuits when these laws have been on the books for a while, thinking probably that they'll get an injunction from some lower court judge that won't be resolved before election day.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Look, I think the Democrats are totally trying to gain the system. The difference between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four is the Republicans are fighting back, right like, and the Republicans are winning a lot of these, by the way, so like look around the country. I was literally talking to one of our reporters about that the.
Speaker 3: Other day, and some of our other editors here.
Speaker 7: We're planning some big stories about this. But I think the fact is is that we keep covering the individual cases. But the fact is that the big picture nationally is that the new rn C chairman, Michael Wobli, who took over earlier this year, was the former chair of the North Carolina GOP, really knows what he's doing on this front, right, and so the RNC has been like kind of like Johnny on the spot and response to the left welfare strategies and proactive on this front, and good for them. So the but I think that the big picture here is that the reason why the Democrats are behaving like this is because they know they're losing. They know they can't win without you know, gaming the system. They know they can't win in Georgia, they can't win in North Carolina, they can't win in Pennsylvania. If they lose those street states, then Donald Trump's the president again, right like, So the the and that's even without Arizona, even without Wisconsin, even without Michigan. And I think all of those are turning Trump's way too.
Speaker 15: And the fact of the matter is that the energy is with Trump here as we enter October. I'd much rather be Donald Trump than I would be Kamala Harris. And I think that you're gonna see in the vice presidential debate tonight, uh the behavior of Uh Tim Wallas Uh and the the Kamala Harris campaign afterwards, especially in his fin room, is going to demonstrate that they're increasingly desperate. So there's a reason why Kamala Harris is desperate for another debate with Doald Trump. She knows she needs something big to try to change the trajectory of where things are going. But I think the big picture here is that Donald Trump is in the lead, and he's just got to go out there and execute the ground game and the campaign operations here over the final you know, thirty plus days, and you know, keep the energy going into election day.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I've seen JD. Vance respond to some difficult questioning and he does a really good job navigating you know, an unfriendly environment, if I may put it that way, I don't know a whole lot about Walls, just if he comes across as a bit of a loony, but he does have an extraordinarily left wing background, and he's like Kamala Harris in a sense, he can't run away from his background. There's a lot of things that I think JD. Evans could take great advantage of during the debate tonight.
Speaker 7: Your thoughts, Yeah, I think that if I were jad, I would focus more on Kamala than on Walls. Right, Yes, Walls' record is radically left. But the thing is that it's almost like the Democrats picked him because he's a buffoon, and he's like the guy who draws. He's like the circus jester who draws attention away from the real problems at court. Right like and the real problem here with the Democrat Party is that they have adapt substance free moron as their presidential candidate, not their vice presidential candidate. Their presidential candidate. People vote for presidents, they don't vote for vice president right, They vote for presidents. And I think that the smart move for JDA, if I were talking to him, would be to say, would be to focus on Kamala, not on not on Walls. Yeah, there are problems with Walls' background, and if wants to get into a back and forth about that a little bit over the course of the show, over the course of the debate, then yeah, sure that JD shouldn't be afraid to mix that up. But again, anything JD can do to bring the heat back to Kamala Harris, I think it's important, right, Like you're seeing this in the national pulling across the board is that the Kamala Harris is.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: Her approval rating has gone up slightly since they've made this switch a rum and made it of the nominee. And I think that's just the nature of being the Democrat nominee for president. Right across the board, people don't know what she stands for. They don't know, they don't understand, Like look at the polling data, right, like they don't know. I saw a piece about this the other night. The people were asked, like does she still support medicare for all? Her campaign says she doesn't, by the way, So like now I don't believe them for a second. I think she actually does. But you know, something like you know, majority of respondents, I think it was like a vast majority seventy percent said that she does.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 7: The the issue is is that the Kamala campaign and the media have done a terrible job of trying to clean up Kamala Harris's radical record. So I would keep the you know, don't get distracted by the court jester, right, like, that's what that's what Tim wall is. He's a moron, yet he's a courtester. Yeah's and he gets really angry.
Speaker 3: Really quickly from what we've seen in previous debates.
Speaker 7: But I would put the focus on Kamala.
Speaker 1: Well, and I agree with your assessment of that and the strategy on that, and that's all full of all and good. But going back to your point about you know, Kamala Harris being daft and them trying to rehabilitate her. And this is what this is to me, the biggest elephant in the room. Not the good political but I just mean generally speaking elephant in the room. She has a genuine background, genuine policy points she has embraced and echoed and has gone on record over and all of them are the backing Like for the twenty nineteen race when she was trying to be president and not a single Democrat even would consider her fell out of the race. But she out loud said all the things that she was in favor for the things that we as Americans have rejected over the past four years because they've been so terrible to work for our country, you know, defunding the police, bailing out criminals, open sanctuary cities, and open border, the economy generally speaking, I mean, not a single issue that she has been on. You know, her side of resonates positively with the American people, and so they're trying to change her into something she's.
Speaker 7: Never been, right and it's not working. It's not genuine, right like. And this is what I talked to. It's about President Trump. So I interviewed President Trump last weekend, and he was very zoned in on this. He watches all the interviews, right like. So he's telling me about how he watched the Oprah interview and the thing that he you know, he's like, she couldn't answer a single question, She couldn't explain herself because she doesn't know what she's talking about, right like. And so the you know, I think the challenge for the Trump campaign as we enter here the final month or so, is to just keep the foot on the gas pedal here and exposing this. What they're doing is working, right, and Kamala Harris is not is being exposed. And I think voters are seeing it. They are seeing exactly what we're talking about here, which is that when she doesn't have a script or a telepronter or a canned plan to respond to answer in response to a question, she is lost in the woods. Oh, she doesn't know what she's talking about on any issue, no matter what it is. And there was another moment or another thing that we've seen. She's been asked in several different interviews about the Israeli war at Gaza, right like, and she she gets this same So I had a reporter do this for us. They went through these answers, typed them out in their paragraph long. If you if you hold up the three different paragraphs, the three different interviews next to each other, they're almost word for work, right like. It's it's like robotic the level to which she memorized these these paragraphs. It's almost like she's plagiarizing herself from previous interviews. But the fact is that the reason why she's doing that is because she doesn't understand what she's talking about right like. She can't have an adult conversation about anything right like and so. And I think that the more that the Trump campaign exposes that with regard to her, with regard to Kamala Harris, the better off they're going to be Going into the election. People were voting for presidents, and they want to know that who the president of the United States is can handle themselves on the vast majority of issues. And they know that Trump can because he's done the job before. They know that Kamala Harris can't because she doesn't know what she's talking about on anything.
Speaker 1: Well, and that is underscored and illustrated more by the fact that she refuses to do open interviews and answer direct questions from a variety of different reporters. I mean, if I mean she's providing the same response, I wouldn't. I mean a good follow up to that, whatever word Salaty provides relative to the situation in Israel would be hey, can you tell me? And then break it down and ask further follow up questions. Well, she always avoids those situations by hiding. And if I was a Democrat, never will be. But I would be angry because I would get out there come on, we're behind you. Come on, get out there, face the press, answer the questions. You know, we know, we know you've got the right answer, Kama. If they really believe that, and I would be embarrassed that my candidate refuses to go out in the open and present herself to the American people. Make an argument.
Speaker 7: The real interesting thing would be if they can get Kamla to go to a press conference, right, because I think a press conference like a real press conference. So they got a big girl press conference. And remember how they all talked about how Joe Biden had to do a big boy press conference, right, that was what the White House was saying, that she needs to do a big girl press conference where I mean like she's up there like Biden once for an hour or Trump has been an hour plus in like just taking questions. Uh, you know, total willy nilly from the press, right like no no uh, no pre planned list of people, uh, no set topics, nothing, right like just wide open and see if she can handle herself. I guarantee you she can't. I guarantee you she can't. I think that the reason why there hasn't been no press confidence like that is because she's incapable of it, and they know the right and the people. But the Obama people who came down from months vien heard to Wilmington, Delaware to run the what used to be the Biden campaign and is now the Harris campaign, which again is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, which again tells you over that you need to know it's the old Biden campaign morphed into the Harris campaign. They they the old Obama people right like that are running the show. They're like David Pluff and whatnot. They know how daft she is, They know how substance free she is. They know she can't handle herself in these situation, which is.
Speaker 3: Why they don't put her in those situations.
Speaker 7: They put her on Oprah, right, and she can't even handle herself there, Oh.
Speaker 1: She can even Oprah demonstrably pointed that out with the look on her face after Kamalin gave one of those word solid answers, like what the hell did I just hear? So, yeah, so even the easiest environment, she can't handle herself, which of course goes back to how in the hell is it that she is running for the highest office in the country or in the world. I should say anyhow, you're doing a whole presentation on this tonight empower you America dot org. It's a virtual class. Folks can stay at home and log in from the convenience of their home. By logging into empower Youamerica dot org, you'll see Matt's bio right there, all the details about what he's going to be talking about in the race in a full hour plus our discussion on that beginning at seven o'clock tonight. Empower you America dot org. Register to attend virtually. It's easy to do, Matt. It's always a pleasure to having on the program. I appreciate all that you and everybody at Bright part does each and every week, And of course I rely lot on Breitbart's site for the fifty five KR see Morning Show material because again it's information that's true. It's real, well reported. But you know, CBS and CNN and the others are never going to let you hear about it. That's why we're thankful for Bright Bart Matt, best of health and you and everybody there, and we'll look forward to having you back on the morning show and enjoy the seminar tonight.
Speaker 7: You bet, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. We'll have a lot of.
Speaker 4: Fun, all right.
Speaker 1: Take care man, it's a twenty year fifty five cares the talk station Daniel Davis deep dive on well, the war in Israel, which is taking another phase this morning with Israel sending troops into Lebanon. This today a twenty right now, Chimney Care fireplace and stove, get ahold of them, Get them over to your place and take care of your safety. Gotta think about safety so you can comfortably enjoy that warm fireplace when the weather gets really cold. They also clean dryer events out, so you can either call them for that separately, or have them do that while they're inspecting your chimney. Chimneys for wood burners most notably should be inspected every year. But you know, gas fireplaces quite often need service. They of course service those. The wood the self feeding wood waste pellet stoves, They service and repair those and install them free standing or as an insert. I think that's a neat idea for a fireplace insert. Huge selection of inserts and free standing stoves, fireplace successories and the like located at four thirteen Ward's Corner Road. They're online at chimneycarecode dot com Local oud and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Literally everything including cap and damper replacement, tuck pointing installations thinks safety a plus with the BBB Chimneycarecode dot Com. Here's the number five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five KRC dot com for the nine first warning weather forecast. Maybe an isolated afternoon shower, but otherwise it's just mostly cloudy going up to seventy six today, partly cloudy skies over night, breezy low of fifty two, partly to mostly partly cloud to mostly sunny tomorrow with the high seventy two clearing up overnight dropping to forty nine, and a sunny day Thursday, highest seventy nine, sixty six degrees. Now we'll see about traffic, Jason, We're on the.
Speaker 6: UC health Traffic Center. With uc Health, the future of care is happening now through clinical rows and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 10: Visit uc health dot com.
Speaker 6: North seventy five at Donaldson accident still blocking the left two lanes. Traffic slow back past Florence south seventy one. Slow from Firefer down to the lateral. You have delays coming across the eastbound Reagan with an accident making your way just past Galberth. You slow back toward Hamilton Avenue and delays right now on seventy five. Come in southbound through Butler County from Tylersville down towards Sharon Road. I'm Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk Station.
Speaker 1: A twenty three here fifty five KRCIT the talk Station, Happy Tuesday, Bright Dania Davis Deep Dive coming up next. A couple of big stories this morning. In addition to Pete Rose passing away. I know that's hit a lot of people pretty hard here in the greater Cincinnati area. Dock workers strike is in full effect, and my gambling money is on the dock workers prevailing and getting the seventy seven percent salary increase they're going to want, or that they want. They want that up front before they even sit down at the negotiation table. And given the billions and billions of dollars, it's insanity how much trade's going to be shut down or is shut down right now. One week last week, those ports dealt with fourteen billion dollars in trade. I mean tens of thousands of those shipping containers each and every day. So and they say for every one day shut down, it takes five days to deal with that one day of shutdown. So you know, the ripple effect is really profound. And of course a lot of items is not going to be available if this lasts any length of time, most notably you know fruits and vegetables that are sitting right there rotting I guess on the pier anyway, fright. And then the other big story this morning, at least from my perspective, Israel has sent troops into Lebanon, Northern Israel, and of course had been evacuated sixty thousand people pulled out of the area for fear that another Gaza like incursion might happen from Lebanon. Well, after bombing the hell out of Hesbala in Lebanon and killing a lot of their primary leadership, they entered. They put ground forces in southern Lebanon this morning, so trying to secure some space to keep a Gaza like event from happening to the residents of northern Israel. We're gonna hear about all that with a deep dive Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up next eight twenty five, Right now, fifty five Krsity Talk Station. If you can stick around for that, I'll be right back fifty five KARC the Talk Station. Are you tired of a thirty to fifty five krcit the Talk Station. Happy Tuesday, Extra special day to be tuned in the fifty five KRSE Morning Show on the heels of the Insight Scoop that Breit Barton is Daniel Davis Deep Dive with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Welcome back here, Daniel. It is always a pleasure to have you on the fifty five krs Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Believe me, it's always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, and given the topic, I could say the timing couldn't be wetter, better or worse, depending on your perspective and how you're looking at it. To talk with you about the situation unfolding in Israel. This morning. They launched ground forces into southern Lebanon, trying to create a buffer space so the sixty thousand displaced a rallies in northern Israel can move back. They were worried about Hesbala. Maybe launching a Gaza like attack a Lisa, as I understand it. So after bombing the hell out of Lebanon and hitting the various leadership targets, which apparently they've been successful at doing, now we've got boots on the ground in southern or in southern Lebanon. And also, as I note a little dicey situation, the USS Abraham Lincoln Aircraft carrier strike group on its are staying there. Is supposed to leave after the HARRYS. Truman Carrier Strike Group showed up. But given the warlike environment, we got two carrier groups going to be in the area. Now we do.
Speaker 16: Yeah, And that's the thing that alarms me the most, because this has every possibility of escalating further and potentially even drawing in is Iran into this war. And that's the part that worries me, because we seem to be cognizant of that fact and.
Speaker 8: Seem to be moving down the road.
Speaker 16: We had Secretary of State Austin last night I think it was maybe it was this morning, I didn't see the time on the statement, but they said, yeah, we agree with everything Israel is doing, but we give a warning to Iran that if they do anything that we are sending all this firepower to the region, all but declaring that we will also attack Israel Iran if anything happens. And listen, I understand that we have good relations with Israeli Center, but we should not be sending the American armed forces to fight on behalf of Israel as a matter of just a court just like of course we will.
Speaker 8: We don't have this relationship with them.
Speaker 16: And in fact, the reason we have been sending three point eight billion every year and security assistance to Israel is so that they can form the pre eminent military power and defend themselves, which they have done in every single conflict in their history. No reason why this one should be different. But it almost looks like we're eager to join the fight against Iran, and that is a bad move.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'll read you the quote, because it was two days in a row he made a similar statement, I reiterated, referring to his conversation with his counterpartner is Weel. I reiterated, these serious consequences for Iran in the event Iran chooses to launch a direct military attack against Israel. Well, I don't he's splitting hairs here, but isn't by virtue of Hezbala and the other terrorist organizations directly controlled by Iran and presumably not acting without approval from Iran, since Iran's the one funding them and has been funding them that they already have with It's a proxy war. Iran is waging a proxy war against Israel through these terrorist groups, much in the same way we're waging a proxy war against Russia via Ukraine.
Speaker 16: Right, there's not a lot of difference here. In fact, there's no difference there, quite frankly. And so for us to say this about Iran, I mean, forget about the double standards for a moment. I'm still concerned about the ease with which we're talking about moving into war. And listen, our Constitution and the nineteen seventy three War Powers Act are crystal clear.
Speaker 8: Only the Congress can take us into war.
Speaker 16: The Commander chief cannot just choose to send our forces into a situation which will result in a conflict unless we or our forces are directly attacked. That's not even on the table right now. So we need to be talking about this at the Congress. But now nobody wants to talk about anything except silly stuff with the election is relatively speaking. I'm not saying the election is silly, but a lot of the topics are relatively unimportant compared to war and peace, which isn't even on the table, and I think that should change right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and I've had conversations with Judg Jennen of Paula Tan who's on my program every week and on Wednesdays, about the last time we declared war was World War Two? What about the Korean War, Vietnam War, the invasion Iraq? We could go on and on of all the conflicts we've been in when there has been a declaration of war. And I don't know that hiding behind an authorization for use of military force is constitutionally appropriate. But that's leave that for the legal scholars to discuss in the constitutional law. But we don't even have an authorization for use of military force unless they're going to rely on one. That's what twenty years old by now, right, which.
Speaker 16: Your course was designed, you know, after nine to eleven, I know, and it's been bastardized and abused beyond belief. Some of those I think have actually been retired, at least one of them has. But the two thousand and three, when I think is still on the books. But still I mean, that would just be just literally be lying. I mean, just call it what it is to try.
Speaker 4: And claim that.
Speaker 8: But I don't think anyone's even talking about that right now.
Speaker 16: I think that Biden is just considering going through almost by just defaults of just ordering it regardless of whether there is or isn't, And no one seems to be concerned about that. But listen, I'm telling you the reason why is, don't anybody think that if such an event occurred, this would be just like what we did with launch and some missiles into Syria a few times in the last fifteen or twenty years. This would be a war that could draw us in and it would be a lot lot worse, and it could go substantially worse. So this needs to be front and center on our radars right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you have Iran telling Hesbala and the other terrorist organizations to attack Israel. Basically I got that proxy war, but in dealing with Iran directly, we are taking on more than just Iran. We would be also dealing with they're now best friends, Russia and other powers that hate us. I mean the Chinese Communist Party, for example, had now has a cozier relationship with Russia and Iran than they did before these conflicts broke out. It's almost as if we're pushing him into each other's arms.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not almost.
Speaker 16: We definitely are pushing them into each other's arms, and especially heading into now listening, I think three weeks away this Bricks Conference in which all these nations are trying to get together to form an expanding economic competition to the G seven and to the Western Way. They have every interest in keeping this thing, you know, off the table. I think Russia and China especially they really want this bricks conference to come off without a hitch, and so they probably don't want any conflict at all right now.
Speaker 1: But that's only three weeks away.
Speaker 16: After that case, I think that the situation could change dramatically because Russia is dependent to a large extent on Iran and for them to continue to be able to provide the drones and the missiles and other things that they're doing with the Russian side, and I don't think that they're just the Russians would just allow Iran to be destroyed, especially if the US joined into a war against them. And everything could be on the table if that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of World War three, or at least tiptoeing it around it without saying it out loud, Daniel, I can't come up to any other conclusion, and do we not have ourselves to blame for a variety of reasons. But the sanctions that previously were in place were pretty tough sanctions on Iran. As soon as the you know, I remember the palettes of cash that Barack Obama dropped off, and we had a period of time of the Trump administration, Biden lifted sanctions on Iran, and of course that freeze up money for them to fund terrorists and build drones for the Russians or whoever. I mean, what of the sanctions and why do we lift them in the first place?
Speaker 16: Listen, if we're being honest, we got a backup even before that, and whether we locked it or not. Obama's twenty fifteen jcpoway the nuclear deal put significant constraints on the Iranian regime, and their nuclear stockpiles were barely anything at all. Their centrifugias were hardly any, just a handful for research. But since we got out of the Jcpoway all those constraints came off, and now then all those amounts and tops of centrifugions and everything else are at the table because we lost all of our leverage. And then of course we put sanctions on and then they try to get them back off. All that was a mess, no doubt, But really it started when we took a kat out of the JCP away and took the constraints off, and so naturally they went in the opposite direction. So we do have ourselves to blame in our reactions since that time have only compounded it.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, what of the red line? Serious consequences? And I guess we can all define what serious consequences for Iran might mean if they got directly involved. But is this another one of those red lines in the sand that we just sort of ignore after the red line has crossed in order to avoid this broader global war from breaking out.
Speaker 16: Well, listen, I'll tell you I'm a little more concerned with some of the statements made by Nettan Yahoo. I guess, right before all this stuff started, when he all but called out Iran so as his troops were on the border ready to invade into Lebanon, he gave a warning not to the Lebanese people, but to the Iranian people and said, when your government falls and something's going to happen much earlier than you think, when you're going to be free, then all these things can happen, which tells me he's already thinking about going in that direction, because I think, listen, we got to be honest.
Speaker 8: I think that Yahoo has and his.
Speaker 16: Government, not just him personally, has said all right, this is our goal and opportunity for our existence. We're going to get rid of the Palaestindian problem, the Hesbola problem, and the Iranian problem all at one time. But the only way he can do that is if he draws the US into it. And that's why we should put the brakes on and say, listen, we're not going to fight a war for you, so do not start one with Iran. Defend yourself straight up, no question about it, but do not expand beyond this and start a war that you can't finish on your own.
Speaker 1: Well, and underline that by saying, hey, by the way, we're going to need congressional approval if we do choose to join the fight, and we don't have any right now, so there isn't any guarantee that it's going to happen. Enter constitution Daniel Davis deep dive. Search for them online you find this podcast. Always enjoyed the segment, Daniel, have a wonderful week, my friend. We'll talk next Tuesday. See you next week, hopefully with better news. Eight forty fifty five kters EAT Talk station. Stick around. We're going to learn about breast cancer. It is breast cancer. Weareness Month. My friends from OHC will be here to talk about that. Stick around right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Real people in Ohio, Hey.
Speaker 8: Forty five if you have KERCD talk station.
Speaker 1: I always love having the cancer specialists from OHC and studio talk about the amazing developments they have in treating cancer. And but for having doctor ftell my cancer doctor in the other a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have gotten an appointment with her because I have some symptoms which led me to find out that, yeah, my cancer came back. So this is a wonderful segment. Pay attention because you get some symptoms and some information it might save your life. It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer impacts one out of every eight women, accounts for thirty percent of female cancer cases each year, second leading cause of cancer deaths and women surpassed only by lung cancer. In studio, HC Breast Surgical on collogist doctor Abbi Tremmeling's here today to share the latest treatment news and success OHG is having in treating breast cancer. She's a fellowship train breast surgeon who treats both benign and malignant breast disease. It's wonderful having me in studio, doctor Trembling. Thank you for having me my pleasure. Let's talk about it. What should women be doing to prevent breast cancer and who is the group that's most at risk?
Speaker 17: Unfortunately, you can't always prevent cancer. However, by not smoking, limiting alcohol intake, and maintaining a healthy body weight through diet and exercise, you can reduce your risks somewhat. Additionally, knowing your family history, making sure you're doing routine screening exams, and being knowledgeable about your own body can help catch a cancer early.
Speaker 1: All right, In terms of screening, what is the state of the mammograms? I mean, how when do women get This is like a moving target all the time.
Speaker 17: It is a moving target. There's so many different guidelines out there, but the most recent updated guidelines are more in line of what we've been recommending as cancer doctors for the last several years, and that's for average risk women to start at age forty. They say every other but I still recommend every year. But as long as you get in at age forty, we can help guide you after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, some segments of the female population are more inclined to get breast cancer. I understand, for example, African Americans of a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
Speaker 17: Yes, and unfortunately they're more commonly diagnosed at a later stage and are more likely to die from breast cancer because they have more aggressive breast cancers often seen, and they're often actually diagnosed at a younger age compared to white women.
Speaker 1: Really, any specific reason for that pull a little closer to.
Speaker 17: That micro We don't quite know all the reasons, but that's why we're certainly wanting to increase awareness about screening and then being aware of your body to do self exams because of you're diagnosed before forty. It's normally not because of a mammogram.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, now, in terms of self exam, is there a best practice for how to do that?
Speaker 17: Typically women do it in the shower, which is a great option. To do it with the water, your fingers can just glide over the breast more easily. And then of course you're looking for a mass, but you also want to look for changes to the breast itself, which you could notice maybe in the mirror. So if the breast is swollen red, if there's changes to the skin, if there's changes to the nipple retraction or crusting of the skin of the nipple, or if there's clear or brown red drainage from the nipple, those could be clues.
Speaker 1: All right, those are the things that people need to be looking for. It Again, I went over a list of symptoms for you know, lymphomo with doctor Vittel, and I had some of those, so swelling skin, nimpling, breast or nipple pain, nipple retraction, nipple or breast skin that is flaky, dry or thickened, nipple discharge, swollen lymphnones under the arms or near the collarbone. Check the list see if you have any and if any women notice that any of those conditions are present.
Speaker 17: Call your doctor, get evaluated. We'd rather see you and it be nothing, then put something off and have a later diagnosis.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 1: You don't know how happy I would have been if I saw doctor purtellin.
Speaker 17: She said, no, it's okay, right, we love those visits.
Speaker 1: I lost an hour and a half of my time, okay, and I got prognosis That would have put a smile on my face. But then again it didn't go that way. But I'm glad I found out when I did. How about treatment options? Every time the OHC folks come in here, there's always some exciting new treatment options and really an injection of hope for people who get a diagnosis.
Speaker 17: We really try to tailor the care to each individual person based on what type of cancer they have and what specific scenario they're in. But for breast cancer, you typically meet with a breast surgeon first, and then we work with a multidisciplinary team of other doctors to help coordinate the best plan for each person. Often it includes surgery, some form of radiation at times, or chemotherapy, some other targeted treatments like hormone therapy or immunotherapy too.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know I'm looking at, say, for example, nipple retraction or a discharge. Is there going to be a lump or something in all cases that would be biopsied for example, I mean, is there always some you know, literal cancer right there that's causing that out that visual thing that's going on outside the breast?
Speaker 17: Correct? Normally, if you see some visual change to the breast and then we get imaging, we find something deeper on a mammogram or ultrasound. Sometimes if it's not clear, we might get a breast MRI and that helps figure out something that might not be as clear as a mass, but some other change in the breast that could be causing that outward physical change.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I guess absent outside physical change. If there's not a true lump there, then there's nothing that you're going to be able to detect by way of self.
Speaker 17: Exam, right, unless there's like a dimple in you know, it could just be because there is a deeper mass that you can't feel. But maybe it's either hidden by dense tissue or deeper in the breast so you can't feel it, but something's causing that physical change the dimpling.
Speaker 1: Correct. Okay, that makes perfect sense. Now, women younger than forty still need to do the self exam. Even though there isn't an annual mammogram recommendation that begins at forty, but the self exam at what age should that begin? I mean, can this cancer kind of go after young people?
Speaker 2: In certain cases?
Speaker 12: It can.
Speaker 17: It's of course very rare in our twenties. It's getting more frequent unfortunately in our thirties, So sometime in our mid twenties is probably a good time to at least be aware of a woman's breast so that we can notice changes from month to month. We typically say to do an exam once a month, so that you're not checking every day and kind of spending too too much time on it, but that you will notice a change more frequently if something were to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I imagine moms out there might want to start their daughters on a protocol at a younger age, just to get them used to the idea and get it embedded in them that they need to check at least every once in a while, be aware of the fact that that something could happen exactly all right, Now, onto the treatment options. What are the treatment options which you know quite often include and I've learned over the years. Clinical trials maybe the best way to the best place to be, but I've also heard about car tee therapy and other different therapies that are emerging and are often unbelievably successful.
Speaker 17: Yes, there's so much going on in cancer treatment right now. For breast cancer, there's any clinical trials. We have several at our offices. One of the more exciting ones is about a vaccine that can be used for people who have already been treated for breast cancer but might be high risk for recurrence for certain types of breast cancers. But there's always new trials that we get every few months, so it's important to you know, just talk to your doctor about the options for that, and you know, we'll bring it up for those that qualify.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I suppose getting on it earlier is critically important because breast cancer is one of those cancers that can metastasize.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, that's always the goal to catch it early when it's most easily treated and cured.
Speaker 1: Well, how about you said that the number of younger women, women in their thirties that are being diagnosed with breast cancer is increasing. Are people doing research into why that may be environmental factors? I mean I read a lot about plastics and carcinogens and the packaging materials. I mean, there's a multitude of potentials, but any insight right now.
Speaker 17: I think we're all just thinking the exact same thing you just said. We don't have an exact reason, but it has to be some environmental exposure. Whether it's certain you know, chemicals that we use that change the hormones in women's body change their menstrual cycle, whether it's earlier, you know that is a risk factor to have an earlier menstrual cycle on set, really younger age for menstrual cycle beginning or later eight of age of menopause because it's a higher exposure to hormones during your lifetime.
Speaker 1: Now, is there hormone therapy that it can be done in terms of your breast cancer treatments?
Speaker 17: Yes, we call it hormone therapy. Sometimes we call it anti hormone therapy, but it's directed for hormone positive breast cancers to help treat those which is the most common type of breast cancer that we see.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad I asked that question onto clinical trials. OHC is well known for having clinical triths going on all times for all different types of cancer. Do you have any clinical trials right now for breast cancer?
Speaker 17: We always do. We probably have several at the moment right now. Some are for earlier detected cancers, many are for metastatic breast cancer. It just depends on the type and what other treatments you've already had. But yes, there's always many options.
Speaker 1: That's where you need to be OHC and to be there, get an opinion, a second opinion, get in touch with them right out of the gate. That's eight eight eight sixty eight hundred, eight eight eight six forty eight hundred. You can learn more online and check out the website. It's ohcare dot com. My cancer doctors. I feel like I'm in wonderful hands, and I am I'm very confident with my treatment protocol that's coming up, even though I don't know what it is yet. But you did well my beam before, well by me before, and I'm certain that that everything can be okay. So, ladies, if you're struggling with this, and it's actually guys too, but it's a rare, rare occasion.
Speaker 17: With guys right, more rare, but can still happen in men.
Speaker 1: So maybe occasional breast exam for men.
Speaker 17: Yeah, certainly, if you feel something, let your doctor know.
Speaker 1: All right, check down below and then check up top. Guys, make sure you're staying out of trouble. Eighty eight six ninety eight hundred ohcare dot Com Doctor, it has been a pleasure to have you in the studio. Thanks for what you're doing for all of your patients and everything that OHC does for all of it's it's been a pleasure talking with you today.
Speaker 6: You as well.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Spread the word folks Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can save a life by passing along that information.