Speaker 1: Welcome to break Free and Trust a redesign for Living.
Speaker 2: Join me Chris and me Jacqueline for real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 2: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and masculine, you learn how to harness the power of relationship and the mirror, to befriend your shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 1: Together. Working at a practical levels, you learn to trust that everything that is happening is for you, your growth and ultimate freedom.
Speaker 2: Our circumstances don't matter, it's only how we relate to them that does.
Speaker 3: Get ready to be your friend the wisdom of your body and the power.
Speaker 4: Of your mind.
Speaker 2: Break Free and Trust starts.
Speaker 3: Now, and welcome to break Free and Trust the Redesign for Living.
Speaker 5: I'm Chris and I'm Jacqlin.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start off today's show with that quote from Michael Singer, who is the author of The Untethered Soul. In this experiment, there is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind, you are the one who hears it. So Jacquelin and I have, and I have and continue to have powerful experience with intuition. It has brought up the question, how do you differentiate between the voice of your own intuition from the thousands of other voices that are competing for your attention. Singer suggests, you're not the voice of your mind, but you're the one who hears it. Intuition, we think, is learning to recognize that one true voice beneath the noise of fear, conditioning, programming, and conventional wisdom.
Speaker 4: But there's much more to this.
Speaker 3: Once you can hear the voice clearly, you are no longer being asked only to follow it. You're being asked to become it or to be it. So what is intuition really and how is it different from a feeling or a fear or a wish? Can intuition be trained or is it something we simply uncover? And what does it mean to stop being the sheep and become a shepherd? All this and more in the next hour, and of course for live years. This show is open to questions in the second half, so put them in the chat or calling it one eight hundred nine three zero two eight one nine. I'm going to kick it off with a question for you, so Jack, when you hear singers say you are not the voice of the mind, but the one who hears it, what does that stir in you?
Speaker 2: I can tell you that as soon as you ask the question, something in my body just sort of settled, like from a purely feeling standpoint, sensation standpoint, my energy kind of dropped from up here in my chest to lower in my belly, and I had profound sense of calm, actually, which kind of surprises me.
Speaker 4: What's behind that question before the question? I suppose.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting question to which I don't know that I have any answer. Well, I think the voice of intuition, as I have come to understand it for myself, sits in a place of neutrality. It sits in a place that's untouched by our life experience and the dramas and traumas and stories and beliefs and everything that drive most of our.
Speaker 5: Behavior.
Speaker 2: And it actually comes from a place that's different than that. And what's coming up now as I'm answering your question is a visual that I've seen many times. But I just saw recently in some coursework that I'm doing of the iceberg, so I'm gonna i'll speak from that place. The piece of icebergs that we see are often likened to our consciousness, and what I mean by that is or our conscious minds. Five percent of the iceberg actually pokes up out of the water. Ninety five percent of the iceberg is hidden from view, which really speaks to our unconscious minds. So on this show, we've spoken a lot about programming and limiting belief systems and patterns that we have had since we were really quite young. And for those of you that believe in patterns that happen before birth or even past lives that exist that have the potential to exist, then and and our unconscious mind drives so much of what we do. Our conscious mind has a part to play in that. But this other place in us exists, this place of witness consciousness that we speak to or observer. Some call it the subconscious, some call it the super conscious. And it's this place where we're witnessing everything that's happening without being touched by it, without being hurt by it, without being affected by it. And that's the place that I believe intuition sits. And so when you ask the question and my body gets calm and quiet, what it also does is it sort of for those of you watching, you can see my hand moving towards center. It brings us back into alignment with our true self, and it lands as just this knowing, and it's a knowing. It sounds to me, I don't know if you can even say it sounds when you say I hear this still quiet voice. I don't know that I actually hear or I feel like I'm hearing, but it sounds like a very still quiet voice that starts off as a whisper, and it's a voice that speaks very clearly and cleanly, often says things that my conscious brain thinks are crazy. But it just it almost it's like having this wise sage that sits inside of you, that's speaking for you in the midst of all the other noise that's going on amidst this the unconscious and the conscious, and it speaks what feels like wisdom.
Speaker 5: Answer your question.
Speaker 3: It does, and you know, he said something when at the start of that which I thought was really interesting.
Speaker 4: It's this.
Speaker 3: It transcends experience Yeah, it's not a product of your experience, which is what you're certainly what your ego is. But I wonder it's like I I relate to much of you said, but I think I would for me anyways, I see it slightly differently. There's the there's this very conscious thoughts are where the ones who are front these decisions we make. There's this subconscious which is probably generated from our childhood and early experiences or limiting beliefs and fears that are probably driving a lot of the bus. But then there's something else which I think I probably more tap into intuition, is universal consciousness. The thing is that to attach to everything and everything forwards and backwards throughout time. It's timeless, it's just all information, and I've always felt or believed that my intuition resides from that place.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we're actually disagreeing with each other. I actually think that there's agreement, except for the fact that I don't know that I would call what sits under the Iceberg subcond just I think I would call it unconscious. But that creative intelligence, or that pure intelligence that you're speaking to, if I'm to relate to it in the way that I just shared, I would say to me that intelligence is soul intelligence. Yeah, and soul intelligence is where we are all connected. There is no separation. We're sort of tapping into the quantum field. Right, So are we Do we see things the same way?
Speaker 4: I think we do?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we do because I just wanted to make that differentiation, because it's like this idea of you know, I think in intuition, it's come whether it shows up as a voice or a knowing or something like that. It's like, oh, that's that's not something that's come up from a thought, that's in my profre revision, that's coming from elsewhere. Oh, it must be my intuition. But it could also be fear. It could also be something from trauma, or it could be something from our our unknown programming as well.
Speaker 4: So how do we differentiate between the.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just going to ask you the question. So when I speak to you about intuition, what happens in your body or in your awareness?
Speaker 4: Let me speak about it.
Speaker 2: If I speak the word intuition, or I repeat Michael Singer's quote that says there's nothing more important to true growth and realizing that you are not the voice of the mind. You are the one that hears it. What happens in your body, That's probably not the right question.
Speaker 4: It's not the right question for me.
Speaker 5: What happens in your awareness?
Speaker 4: My awareness is that's go, that's truth.
Speaker 3: Because I've had I've had the experience of of a of a growing intuition, particularly in the last decade, and so I've gone from a place where it didn't feel like I understood what intuition was. Nor is one trust that too, Oh, this is this is the voice or this is the knowing that I'm meant to follow what I'm actually meant to get it of my own way and follow this particular voice. So in a sense, yeah, now that I'm saying that out loud, I can feel my body settling into this. Yes, this is We're in truth.
Speaker 2: Your body is talking to you just a little. It's okay, that's a step I'm trying. Don't try you, do you? But so, how do you know when your intuition is speaking versus all those other voices?
Speaker 4: By the content of it.
Speaker 5: Same more that's curious, by.
Speaker 4: The content of it. You know, there's this.
Speaker 3: The content of my own voice is predominantly for me it's driven by myself will. And I got some pretty good tests for what myself will are by the content of a voice that's driven by a higher calling. And I'm going to call that God's will, right, And I can do this very and as it comes up, I can do as simple test as this self will or is God's will?
Speaker 4: I mean, what am I what?
Speaker 3: Where it's it driving me to do? And I'd go further because in the you know, we're going to jump ahead here in a sense, and how do we develop our intuition? But I'll I'll start that conversation.
Speaker 4: Here a little bit. Is the only way I've come.
Speaker 3: To trust my intuition or facilitator fostered intuition is knowing what my intuition isn't. I'm much more aware of that, and then what's left becomes my intuition, and I don't always get it right, and sometimes I'll oh, this is intuition, and after the fact you realized that was not intuition.
Speaker 5: We've had some of those conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the more I practice that, the more I practice inquiring into oh, what what's this that's coming up? Where is it coming from? Is this coming from my knowing fears. Is it coming from my knowing, living beliefs? Know it's something else and I don't. I don't recall thinking it. That's intuition. I'm going to I'm going to sort of take a bet and follow this thing now, even though it's my thinking mind is rejecting it, or it's taking me to a place that I that I wouldn't have thought ever had been natural to me. That's the voice I am more and more try to follow.
Speaker 2: So I have a question that's coming up, which is our intuition and gut instinct the same thing.
Speaker 3: I think it can be, but it don't have to be. I think just like anything I think that. I think there's this hodgepodge of stuff that comes from under as you said that under the service of the iceberg. That's the shadow side of It's our programming, conditioning. We don't fully understand the traumas we haven't resolved. That is also mixed in with the intuition. It comes up from the depths, and until we can differentiate what it is, I think you can feel like, oh, that's a gut feeling. I'm having an emotional response to this that therefore it's something below the surface, but I don't know what it is yet until I.
Speaker 4: Look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question came up for me as I was listening to you speak, and I think in the past I might have said that, yes, gut instinct and intuition are very much aligned. But I think often instincts are emotionally driven, and they're emotionally driven from past experiences in our memories, and sometimes they are intuition speaking. So how do we or how do you? How do you work with what you call intuition? You say you ask the question in our intro of can it be trained? Or is it just something that's there or not? What do you think? The answer to that one is.
Speaker 4: Well, so there's two questions there, and I'll start with the second one. I think it's always there.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, our intuition is not something that we have to develop, it's something we have to learn to listen to it. I think if it in terms of it's a radio station and what we are is we're receivers and transmitters, but mostly receivers, and we have our our state are station tuned to something and that's something is is often our our ego, thinking mind and our you know, our subconscious these are the these are this, This is the music we're dancing to, and our thoughts, these thoughts we're listening to and to. Intuition is just broadcasting all the time, but we don't know how to listen to it, and so it can be trained in the sense that it's training ourselves to try to listen for that other sound, to try to change our dial to pick up that as well as this, or maybe, if possible, turn the dial. So now we're picking up the broadcast of our intuition, not the broadcast of our of our trained thinking mind and our subconscious programming.
Speaker 2: What are wiz in which you've worked to train your intuition or to train your mind to hear that radio station?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: The first step is to understand again, what's the music that's being what's the what's the sound that's being broadcast from my thinking mind? As singer says, can I stop and observe my thoughts? Where are these thoughts coming from? And then beginning to recognize, Oh, I'm saying, I'm thinking the same seventy thousand, ninety thousand thoughts every day.
Speaker 4: I'm on a loop about.
Speaker 3: This identity I have the fears I have, the things I have, and the more I start seeing where they're coming from, I'm recognizing it's coming from this well of my own experience, of my own fears, of my own belief systems, and learning more to let let those go and observe them and pay attention to this is not this is not the information I want to listen to, and within that starting to see thoughts arise or yeah, thoughts or feelings arise that are not those and paying more attention to those over time.
Speaker 4: And I throw in a big part of this too.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a complicated question, so I'm having trouble answering it.
Speaker 5: You're doing a great that actually.
Speaker 3: One of the one of the main stays in it in my own experience, and this is very on early on in my my journey of of you know, first of all, you being recognize them that there is infoition and realizing, oh, that's that's that's what I want to listen to.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was in this place Mirabaul, which I brought up many times before, and one of the one of the practitioners there who had done some work on me, saw me walking around the grounds. Later on and I had my headphones on. I was listening to like some electronic dance music or something like that, and he pulled me aside and just said, man, when you're in here yesterday, you're struggling. You you have to be aware that what what you put put in your head is profoundly influential in all your thoughts, systems, and everything else. It's like, I have a prescription for you, and it's for you to get off social media, stop watching news, stop watching movies on Netflix, and only listen to spiritual music. Try that for a year and see see what happens, and I'll tell you. And I did that, and all my thoughts began to change once I removed the bombardment of the propaganda can the societal conditioning, the stuff I was putting in my head, the thought, the thought, the profile of my thoughts began to change as part of that.
Speaker 5: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: We just spent the last five days on Bowen Island doing some facilitation of a retreat, and I really noticed we're sitting in nature, and in many ways we didn't. We chose not to access a lot of noise, so no television, no movies, no whatever. And it was amazing. When I drove back into the city last night and I saw like billboards and other things, I was really struck by the difference in consciousness that was growing up being immersed in nature or as you know, forest bathing as they say, versus being in the busyness of the real world in quotations, and what that actually did to my nervous system.
Speaker 5: So I get it.
Speaker 2: In my experience, intuition is only really accessible when the nervous system has come. Our nervous systems our brains really in many ways, you know, we put a lot of we put a lot of energy and talking into our prefrontal cortex and the place of reasoning and rational thinking, and yet much of our brain is really focused more on on that unconscious place that we're speaking to that sits under the iceberg. And if our brain in any way is put into its sympathetic state or stress response, our capacity to be able to listen to anything beyond our survival diminishes tremendously. And so so much of the work that we do, when we'll speak about I do more specifically, is really in working to train the nervous system into a place of relaxation, often by creating enough hermetic stress or just enough stress that creates that balance back of relaxation in order to then be able to hear what exists beyond survival mode. Most of us, without even being conscious of it, are walking around in survival mode all the time. And so from that place, we don't actually even have access to that voice of your tuition.
Speaker 3: You're in a fight or flight, you can't hear that station, right, that term there's too much noise. Yeah, And it's actually and you've put it beautifully. I mean, that's actually part of a part of our human condition, and that's that's if we're in fight or flight, if there's danger, we don't want to be accessing intuition to that point in time.
Speaker 4: We want to be.
Speaker 3: Evaluating the environment, getting tunnel vision and finding a way to escape it. Our intuition is not helpful then, So it's a great feature of being human that's been hijacked a little.
Speaker 5: Bit here totally.
Speaker 2: Something else is coming to mind, which I find curious. I've never thought about this before, but in our training from the Yoga scriptures, what we've learned is that we have three minds, and one is the negative mind, and the negative mind isn't negative, it's actually really important. And the negative mind is that place of moving toward things that promote survival and saying no to things that are dangerous. It keeps us safe. The positive mind is all about saying yes, and it's expansiveness and possibility, but out of whack, it also creates lots of trouble. The neutral mind is that mind that can hear those thoughts coming from both sides and actually operate along the middle path that Daoists talk a lot about. And what came to me as we were talking is that that middle They use the word middle path, right, and intuition, as it's understood in many different energetic systems, is the third eye. And the third eye sits right in the middle, and much of I think much of intuition actually sits right there. Well, we're not being pulled towards scarcity or safety, and we're not being pulled towards the direction of pure expansiveness, but we're actually meeting somewhere in the middle. That voice all of a sudden comes online or that radio station, we can hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean the third eye. It's like the all it's the all ci that that seed of intuition.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You know we were talking. I can't remember what we were saying on our last podcast where I said, that's something that I've been with since I was a little girl. Do you remember what it was?
Speaker 4: I don't, Okay.
Speaker 2: I definitely have a very active, negative and positive mind, and I do not operate for my intuition twenty four to seven. I don't know that any of us living in this world can operate twenty four to seven from our intuition because there's noise that's being It pulls us in different directions. But I definitely know that practices like chigang, tai chi, yoga, breath work, meditation, martial arts, they all bring us into a place that actually centers us and roots us so that when life comes to knock us down or the wind changes, we don't actually get knocked over or break, but we learn how to pivot right and so we can stay in that center place. And in my experience, that voice that we're speaking of has come forward a number of times. I can think of specific circumstances in my life where my intuition spoke, and it spoke in ways that didn't make any sense to my thinking mind and I was compelled.
Speaker 5: To listen.
Speaker 2: And then I can think of a number of times in my life where that intuition spoke and my thinking mind took over.
Speaker 5: And I didn't listen.
Speaker 2: And I entered periods of deep chaos.
Speaker 4: Is that true, Greet, Well, definitely true.
Speaker 3: In fact, I mean my my experience of my my thinking mind taking over, I'll call itself well run a riot. It took me, you know, into the into the depths of addiction and basically you know, running my own life in the ground, just following that thinking mind, following that path. And a big part of recovering from that are coming out of that place, is learning how to learning how to let go of that thinking mind, because clearly from that place it doesn't serve that that thinking mind was just bent on destruction and making wrong decisions at that time.
Speaker 4: But what else could I reliant?
Speaker 3: Well, I have access if I'm willing, there's access to a deeper pool of knowledge called my intuition. And so it was almost forced to let go of that thinking mind and then start trusting and intuition thoughts for my higher self.
Speaker 4: And in fact, because.
Speaker 3: It was such an extreme experience for me, is that I'm very much trained now coming out of that to like discount the first thought I have Almost always, like, if something happens, the first thought that comes up is like, not that one.
Speaker 4: That's going to be the wrong one. I know it's going to be the wrong one. I just don't know how.
Speaker 3: And if I can push that thought aside and move into a place of quiet and response, the next thing that emerges is likely for my intuition, so very much that gets it doesn't go. It's not like I'm sitting there accessing in from intuition all the time. It takes work, and it takes practice and calming its you said, calming my central nervous system, clearing my mind, recognizing that thought that came up.
Speaker 4: It's not really my own.
Speaker 3: It's just something that's It's like the music that's been playing my whole life.
Speaker 4: Let that one go.
Speaker 3: See what the next one that shows up is, And that's the one, but it's more likely to guide me in the first one.
Speaker 2: You're making me think a little bit about why you and I have both, in different ways, found real physical practices, whether it be running or yoga or breathwork or like any kind of exercise is in order to allow the space for intuition to flourish, we first need to let go of the garbage. And so when you're speaking, what I hear is like, I'm creating space for my reactivity to show up. I'm creating space for my program thinking to show up. But I'm not giving any credibility to it or attaching to it in any way, because I know that once that clears, once those clouds clear from this guy, that I will then have access to truth. And I've learned I'm speaking as if i'm you. I've learned how.
Speaker 5: To pause.
Speaker 2: And take the time to be able to actually get to a place where that voice can speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that pause, as you said earlier, it's come about. I mean that pause didn't come about necessarily from mental exercise, so it's part of it. It came from a tremendous amount of somatic work as also a basis for that. Lots of yoga practices, lots of meditation, lots of lots of breath work, lots of prayer and contemplation. Is all sort of a daily practice or a way of life to create the calmness within my body that then translates into the calmness of my mind that creates the ability to not jump on the thoughts that show up immediately that want to put us into action. Because I'm coming from a place of relative you know, from where it used to be, and that calmness, we don't have to react.
Speaker 2: So what I hear in that is that when you have the ability to be with things that might otherwise cause reactivity and allow them to pass rather than respond from the reactive mind, you have access to them much deeper.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, when things go right, should.
Speaker 5: We take a break and then come back?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Tune in to break free and trust a redesign for living with me Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: And Me Chris on Transform Talk Radio every second and fourth Monday.
Speaker 4: At three pm.
Speaker 2: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and to heal, and how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 1: Witness the field of potential that arises when you take personal responsibility and become the divine creator in your own life.
Speaker 2: Visit the way Dash Healing dot Com from our information. Hey everybody, Oh my goodness, we have got talk radio for all of that.
Speaker 7: And really thank you for blazing the trail for women in talk radio and just being such an inspiration to me and so many other people. What you're doing is so awesome. And you know, without people like you there to like really step out of the box and go for it. I don't know if someone like me would have ever read it up here, but I'm so happy to be here, and yeah, I just want to thank you for everything you're doing. You're one of my major inspirations.
Speaker 8: What if You're training isn't enough The Multicultural Mindset podcast counselors and therapists to unlearn the one size fits all approach. This isn't cultural competence. It's a way of being that brings racialized experiences from the margins to the very center of care. Let's stop pathologizing black pain and start challenging the system that created the bias in the first place. Visit New Seasons Dot Training to.
Speaker 9: Subscribe Living a Life by Design, It's the journey back to You and living three hundred and sixty five days of purpose with host Esther Graham. Tune in every second and fourth Friday at eleven am Pacific. Discover that what is possible is already in you. God designed a phenomenal life for you at living a Life by Design, esther helps you ignite the energy behind your personal journey. For more information, visit fddwomen dot com.
Speaker 10: Let your dreams and not your doubts drive your decisions. Often, like ninety nine point nine percent of the time, it will require you to stretch yourself into unknown territory. But that, my friend, is how you grow. You are making decisions all day long, decisions about what to eat, what to wear, who to call, decisions about how to spend your time and who to spend it with, or how to spend your money and what to spend it on. If just for today, you stopped before every decision and checked in with yourself.
Speaker 4: And let your dream and we are back.
Speaker 3: It's funny in the break we remind ourselves why we even had this intuition, actually had it was a stories are coming up our own life that led to this, and thought maybe we'd start by sharing those with you right now. And the first one I want to share because relates to Jacqueline's story, is one of the first times I really trusted intuition and it just showed up in this miraculous way. I was in about seven years ago as I was. I was going through my my struggles with with with addiction and mental health, and I was not an intuition driven person at all this time. My central nervous system was a wrecked and I was very much driven by self will and make stuff happen, right, No intuition, that's wu stuff that was.
Speaker 4: That was the old me.
Speaker 3: And but things are getting pretty bleak in my life. And so I had gone away to this wellness place called Mirabelle, which I just mentioned earlier, and had seen a bunch of practitioners and one of my last meetings was with a with a psychic there and couldn't any teacher named Taj Paul, who you know, basically told me I was standing on a pile of dynamite. It was going to go off. There was nothing I could do about it. I was about I was about to go go through a really tough time and lose a whole bunch of stuff. But everything was going to be okay, she said, with a pause, as long as I did Kundlin yoga.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never done. I was forty nine years old.
Speaker 3: I had never done yoga before, and so I've never even heard of Kundelian and yoga. But I'm sitting there and I'm like, I don't know what came over me that time. Is like I I don't only have any choices left. I can I can feel my predicament. Something deep inside me was telling you must listen to this woman. I mean, you don't maybe don't have any choice, but this there's something was so powerful me. It's that I have to listen to this woman. And I wasn't really good to listen to anybody at that stage. This for me was a really profound intuition taking over. I came back to Vancouver where we lived, looked up kunelin and yoga, and I went to my very first yoga class, which is Kundulina yoga class. And if you've never done it before, it's like chanting. It's like people with turbans on, like there's all sorts of weird stuff going on. So I again, I said, you know what, I'm here, I'm going to sit down and do this thing. And I had this massive emotional release within this class like nothing I'd ever experienced before, Like something that's been in me for forty nine years got started to get released for the first time. And the teacher came up to me at the end of the class said, listen, I can see you've gone see you're struggling with something.
Speaker 4: Clearly you're going through a powerful had a powerful release.
Speaker 3: And out of coincidence, the teacher's training for this particular discipline starts tomorrow. You know, she had no idea that I'd never done yoga before, just saw that this could be helpful.
Speaker 4: And here I am.
Speaker 3: I've been sent here by a French psychic from Arizona. Teacher's training starts tomorrow. My intuition told me you have to say yes to this. Every bit of logic said say no to this is ridiculous. You've just done one yoga class in your life. How do you possibly do a three hundred hour teacher training class over eight months?
Speaker 4: But but I said yes.
Speaker 3: And it turns out that that teacher was actually Jacqueline and that's come up previous podcasts.
Speaker 4: And no, we did not fall in love that day. It was much later.
Speaker 3: But that was that was a that was the first time real experience for me with intuition and following that voice or that music that I've never listened to and it if I I don't think it's really true Kundlini yoga and that practice that I did religiously for a year and a half two years.
Speaker 4: It literally saved my life.
Speaker 3: It saved my mind, It brought me back and without that, you know, the life I have now wouldn't exist. That's that was that was a huge check mark for intuition and made me want to like facilitate, like, Hey, how do I get on this radio station a little more frequently because it seems to be playing a song that's actually you know, adding value to my life. So that's my story of intuition. I know yours relates to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could. I feel like I could share so many different stories, and I'll come to that one in just a second, but I'll share a different one first, which is that, you know, the way that my tuition has shown up in many moments has been from a career standpoint or as a student also, but always through education. And which will come back to what Chris is asking me, and what's happened often for me is I've taken many different roads and traveled many different pathways, and oftentimes it was at the height of what I was doing, once I had built something really beautiful I would hear this voice that would say it's done, or my heart, which is where I feel a lot of this would start to close and I would say, oh, it's done, and I would almost immediately.
Speaker 5: Leave a job, end.
Speaker 2: Of practice, some thing that would just shift. And on the outside, I don't think it made any sense, because why would you do that. You've reached the height of what you were looking for, you got to where you wanted to be. But there was something in me that was like, you did, You got there, and now it's time to move in another direction and go somewhere else. And recently I had a really beautiful experience. I haven't had a moment like that in a while. And I went home for a home being Montreal for a family event, and during that event, I ran into a really old friend of my sisters and I sat with her for a little while talking about all kinds of different things, and there was something about her energy. Maybe that sounds woo woo, but we all know what it feels like when we sit with somebody who feels like they're sitting in their majesty or they yours. Yeah, thank you, it's a better word. That's actually better language. What it feels like when you're sitting with somebody whose presence just there's something palpable, there's something palpable about it that brings you into a place in yourself. Or they're the people that you look at when you're walking down the street or you're sitting in a room with and you're like, I want what they have.
Speaker 5: That kind of feeling.
Speaker 2: And her energy was so clean and clear, and she started sharing with me about a form of work that she had sort of moved into, and it really struck me. And normally it would strike me and then I would just go about my day, but that evening I was really curious, and so I went onto my computer and I started looking up what she was talking about.
Speaker 5: And then I.
Speaker 2: Signed up for a workshop, and then I signed up for a class, and I got really curious. Anyways, I can sometimes be impulsive and jump into things too quickly, and I know that about myself, and I also kind of love that about myself. Sometimes only wait once. But this was something different, and my mind was saying, you just finished almost a year's worth of training in another form of work. Just just give your time to that. If this is if this is for you, it'll come around again.
Speaker 6: Just wait.
Speaker 2: And I remember feeling like that actually when you came back into my life a year and a half before our first meeting, and I had just done a bunch of dating and was like, I'm done, I'm good being single, I love my kids, i love my life.
Speaker 5: I'm done.
Speaker 2: And then you showed up really quite like the next day after I had made a declaration that I was finished, and not only did you show up, but you showed up with a crazy story that would make anybody go running in the other direction, no holds bar, everything shared, and something inside of me was like, yes, that's it, Yes, that's it. Well in this moment, I set up a call with this woman around this work and we're having a conversation and she's getting me really excited, and it's a real heart to heart, honest conversation. And I said to her, Okay, if I choose to do this, what do I need to do? And she says something like I don't really know your story, and I don't want to put any pressure on you, but there's a training that starts tomorrow. And all of the hairs on my arm stood up, which brought me right back to that moment. Chris was talking about and I started to laugh and I was like, well, those words put me in a place where I have no choice about to say yes. And and I've started this training. And as I've started this training, all of a sudden, there's clients that are stepping into my world who are asking for exactly what the training has to offer. And this is my experience of intuition. When we listen, even when the mind says no, and the mind often says no because it's overwhelmed, it wants to protect us, it doesn't see possibility. But when we listen anyways, what happens is, you know, I think about the sea parting, the world opens up all of a sudden, and it's like every possibility, every synchronicity that is needed in order to make this work in your life just starts to open. And you know then that you're on the right path. And then you just start, as Michael Singer would say, you just say yes. You just start saying yes. Because the universe, as I understand it, longs, longs for us to fulfill our soul's purpose, and as long as we can get out of the way, it'll work in such a way to make that flow quite easily. The only thing that creates suffering for us in that process is our resistance to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's and that's beautifully said.
Speaker 3: And like this, the yes versus the no, the ego at its heart, our mind thinking, the one we're conscious of. It's a survival based program, and it survives by making tomorrow look a whole lot like today because we made it today. Or may maybe say this way, it makes tomorrow look like yesterday because we survived it. And so it's lots of notes. It's like you're all the things you don't want to do because that would be a change.
Speaker 4: That's the unknown and it has nothing to do with you know, whatever.
Speaker 3: We're here for whatever plan the universe has for it, which is begging us to say, I'm keep giving you the signals of what you're.
Speaker 4: Supposed to do, and you're just supposed to say yes to this thing.
Speaker 3: And if you say yes to it, you're going to have this unbelievable life with unlimited potential. You're going to tap into your creativity, you're going to go move to this place of peace and joy. But you just keep saying no to it because it's all out of fear and it's this that's why there's such a I mean, this is no small thing. There's such a benefit to tapping into our intuition and leaving our fear based ago thinking mind off the the side to do what it's good at, figuring out which car to buy, figure out which is cheaper, and doing comparisons and things like that, but not making life decisions, those big decisions about to create our happiness and our joy and calm. They come from our intuition or some people from the heart, which a lot of people relate to the intuition, and so, you know, the critical skill to masters were sort of zoning in on this is how do we differentiate between you know what, what's what's the intuition versus what are our what are our fears? What are our untapped emotions? What are the what are the false voices? So I'm gonna ask you that because it's really easy question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so easy. I just have to. I'm struck often why your speaking? Because so often things that I learn or study through like intentional effort, you have learned through personal experience, and you speak them. You speak them so clearly that it's almost like a could have just given you two chapters of a book that I just finished reading, and you just summarized that not from having read it, but from really having loved it.
Speaker 4: It's what happened.
Speaker 2: But I just want to honor that because I think it's a big deal. In my experience. What intuition isn't is drama. Intuition isn't gossip. Intuition isn't a fulfillment of old patterns and old stories and old beliefs around our worths, around our value, around scarcity, around a lack of safety. Intuition is clean, it's clear, and it's not loud.
Speaker 3: And he's got and you're not going to hear it on the television. You're not going to hear it in the radio your intuition radio station, and you're not going to read it in the news re here in social media.
Speaker 4: That's not your intuition.
Speaker 2: I'd actually go so far as to say that on some level, all of those forms of media that Chris is talking about are actually designed with the intention of distracting you intentionally. Yeah, yeah, from your intuition. And I would say that that's true from the dawn of time, and now I'm I can't believe I'm the one that's going to talk about Jesus because that's his that's his wheelhouse. But I go back Chris and I watched.
Speaker 5: The show.
Speaker 2: That was great because you know, Chris can read the Bible, and of course in miracles, my brain doesn't compute the language. I often sometimes I think him just dumber than he is on that level mentally. So we I know my station, but I also sometimes feel kind of done, be honest. So we watched what felt like a kids show to me on some levels, which wasn't a kid show at all, called The Chosen, which was sort of like a walk through the Bible at a specific period in time. And what I got from that really applies here, which is that whether you believe that Jesus existed or he didn't, or he's just a metaphor or whatever, doesn't really matter. What I watched in that process was somebody coming to invite people into a place where they could know truth, not by going just gog or church or the mosque or anywhere else, but they could know it inside of themselves if they got quiet enough to listen. And what happened to him, well, he moved a lot of people. He inspired a lot of people. He healed a lot of people, and then he was crucified for it because he challenged the status quo. He challenged the belief that the powers that be wanted everyone to believe in, which was that power existed outside of themselves. Because as long as power exists outside of ourselves, we can very easily be controlled. Our thinking mind can be controlled so easily, our emotional bodies can be controlled by our thinking mind. But if we actually turned inside, then we would be able to recognize that what was happening, let's just say, on social media, in the news all over the place. We would be trained to be able to say, hmmm, does that align for me? Does that I might not even need to know what it's all about. I don't need to mentally have done the gymnastics through history to know whether what's happening in some part of the world is true or not. What I need to do is tune into whether or not it feels accurate, and if it does, then I can go with it, And if it doesn't, then I can turn off that radio station and tune into something inside. Our teachers, when they spoke about the Aquarian Age, spoke very much about how we were ending the Age of Pisces, which was an information age. All of this information was all of a sudden accessible to us. I don't know about you guys, but do you remember having like World Book Encyclopedia or the Encyclopedia Britannica, which is where we'd go for information when we needed to.
Speaker 4: Know about something.
Speaker 5: Basically like, that's it.
Speaker 2: Now we can access everything about everything, and that becomes quite dangerous because what do we believe in, well, what we believe in the only way to actually trust what's coming at us is to assess what feels right, and that's what he was trying to teach. Trust yourself, go inside, listen because if you listen, you will have access to truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and I think you as someone who I spend a lot of time paying attention to, like those metaphysical messages from Jesus and from the course of miracles from the Bible. But you know, my first journey into the into spirituality was definitely through Eastern spiritual systems, which this is what fascinated me so much about the message of Christianity is that it's hard at saying the same things as the Eastern religion it's saying, basically, you have access as this thing called universal consciousness or God or whatever word you want to put on it. You don't need to go through any authority to access that access it. You access it through going inside. And the Sikhs have their practices, the Hindus have their practices, the Buddhists have their practices, and the Christian spiritualisms have their practices. But it's all the same thing. It's these are all methods and modalities to tap into our intuition or universal consciousness or price consciouness, whatever you want to call it. It's all the same stuff. It's leading you to the same place. And when you find that again, snirvana, it's happened on earth. It's whatever word you want to attach to it. Its peace, it's peace, and I think you said it beautifully. It's like, you know, intuition becomes so useful in our life today because then life becomes convenient. And when you know you tune into thing this out, my intuition says that's not true. It doesn't mean go and fight that thing. It means turn that thing off and stop listening to it. It's not your music station. If this one's not true. Turn that one off. It's about finding what's the path, what's the flow, what's the music I want to listen to, not fighting everything in anything.
Speaker 4: That's the path of peace and our intuition.
Speaker 3: Your intuition will take you there once you start really learning how to attune to it and listen to it. It's all available for everybody on earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think one of one of the ways, and this might sound kind of fluffy, but that's okay. I think it's actually the polar opposite of fluffy is to ask your question. Ask yourself the question, what does your soul say. It's not going to respond from your place of wounding, it's not going to respond from your limiting beliefs and your stories. It's going to very quickly give you a hit, and if you take the time to just sit with it, it will show you what you need to do. The challenges is that in doing that, you actually are invited to face the very things that you've been avoiding your whole life, which is the wounded parts of you are going to actually come forward to be cleared. But they're going to come forward, and we're scared of that. We're scared to have to face the belief. I'll just give you an example. I was just sitting with somebody today. She's actually a dear, dear friend, and in the place of struggle, and I asked her the question, what does your soul say? And first it was my soul says to fight, and I said, I asked more and more, and then I said, what does your soul say? And she said, my soul says to continue to do this work that I love with children. And I said, how much fight comes into that work?
Speaker 5: And she said none.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, what comes up is, well, what's in the way of you continuing that work? My belief that I can't so my self worth right? In order to follow the intuition's voice, we will inherently be brought to task, which means we will have to face the places inside of ourselves that make us smaller than we are. Because the voice of intuition is not confined to our experience in this lifetime, it transcends it, and in order to listen we will too. We also will transcend it, which then brings us to that place of nirvana or bliss, which ultimately is actually a sense of peace and ease and flow and calm, and all of us want that right, but sometimes we need to walk through the fire to do it. The beauty of following our intuition in that space, though, is that as little suffering as possible happens along the way. When you do, it's almost like it invites you into a place of ease as you move through it. So the ego will take you and put you in a place where you're swimming up river like a salmon. The intuition will take you through the same stuff, but you'll be sitting on an innerviebe floating down the river because you've said yes and you surrender.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean your intuition or your soul or your it doesn't need no fear. Fear is an ego based mechanism, and your egos, you know, taking those things that happened to you and hid them from you because they didn't think you could handle it. Then you could survive it. Your intuition knows you can survive anything, and so it's going to guide you. You know, you're going to have to go through those fears and face those fears as you as you foster your intuition, and just as we close. You know, something we haven't touched on that maybe just worth mentioning is if someone really wants to begin in tuning your tuition just this week, you know, I guess I'm going to just just watch your thoughts and when the thoughts come up, just recognize where have these come from? Are they are the my fear based ego or the my intuition? And just see where that takes you. For doing it for a week, spent ten minutes a day just watching your thoughts and observing them, and see where that takes you. I bet it's I bet will be enlightening.
Speaker 5: It's been a pleasure you guys. We will see you in a couple of weeks, see you later.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to me Chris and.
Speaker 2: Me Jacqueline on break Free and Trust Are Redesigned for Living.
Speaker 1: Tune in every second and fourth Monday at three pm on Transformation Talk Radio for more real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 1: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and the masculine, you will learn how to harness the power of relationship in the mirror, to befriend your shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 2: For more information or to connect with us personally, visit the Way Dash Healing dot com. That's the Way, Dash Healing dot com.
Speaker 3: The best take to the Beast Take