Speaker 1: The Force will be with you all the ways.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome back to another episode of Star Wars Alliance. Of course, I'm your host, Clay and with me like every single week, although we do have some except last week, and we do have next week, and next week is gonna take We're taking another break. But Katie, Katie is here. Katie, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm stressed because guys, the reason we're taking breaks is I'm in the middle of packing up my house because we're supposed to be closing next week, so we're taking a break. Next week, we are recording our two reviews, so you're hearing both reviews live today, but then into podcast. Seeds will go Jedi Knights this week and then Han Solo Hunt for the Falcon next week. So there's still an East of Get Us next week.
Speaker 2: We're just not doing a live show. And because you have shared the news, I will go ahead and share mine as well. At the end of this month, I will be heading back to Texas. We hope for it to be only temporary, and when I say temporary, I think the maximum we want to stay is probably two years. But we're not happy about going back to Texas. But we understand that it's something that we need to do. Also, my family kind of needs some help with some stuff, so we are going down there. It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: And it's hard to hide my news when typically these bookshelves are following they're completely empty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and the thing is the the quality of the podcast might change a little bit due to the fact that Katie's going to be moving. First, she'll be recording off of her iPad. Again, I should know.
Speaker 3: I'm planning on taking all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Soay even better and for me to better secure my computer. I kind of want to take it with me in the car, but we don't know if it's actually going to fit. So we may have to just make sure that all of my equipment for recording is in the car, but my computer stays in the shipment case that we're doing, and I may have to record from the laptop like the old days when I was kind of moving around from house to house. So we'll see how it goes. We'll see. But guys, we have actually, surprisingly we have a lot of like news topics. We haven't had a lot of news topics and quite some time. So first off, one thing that I wanted to bring up to Katie because I know that she is not one hundred percent uh you know, in the know with a lot of pop culture stuff nowadays because she has stepped away from the Internet, which is healthy. I support it, But I don't know if you've heard anything about this, uh two hundred thousand dollars Lego collection that was stolen by a Lego affiliate company. What so the affiliate company is called Bricks and Minifigs. It is affiliated Lego. Okay.
Speaker 3: I saw something about this on threads and it was just bricks and Minifigs is like the topic, and I was like, so I still know nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I swing the name Bricks and Minifigs is a It's not Lego directly, it is just affiliated with Lego. They are a franchise e that is all around the country. You, as a consumer of Legos, just say that you are can go to Bricks and Minifigs and sell your collection, okay. And you have two options when it comes to selling your collection. You can sell it out right or you can sell on consignment, which means that you can basically have your entire collection there. They will then sell it as actual products in their store, The store gets a percentage and the majority goes to the person that was actually selling that collection. Okay, so this has blown up this individual store, I believe in Utah. Sickly is saying, hey, this consignment never happened because it technically happened with the previous owners. And the previous owners said, hey, we have this huge consignment, you know, with this two hundred thousand dollars collection that is literally ninety five percent of the store now because we were out of inventory and we need you to take over that consignment. The new owners said yes they would, The CEO said yes they would, And now they are basically saying, hey, we're not going to abide by it because you have no proof that we're doing it. And so it's this old man who had health issues, has health issues.
Speaker 3: His son probably needed that for his exact bills.
Speaker 2: His son was trying to fix everything. It got caught wind of this YouTuber and they've been like basically making a documentary of the entire thing. Wow, people have gotten arrested, people have been threatened by like the like, like with court cases, dirty cops have been involved, like the Mormon Church is also somehow involved. It is so like the idea apparently, and I want to go deeper into this thing because I have been locked into every single video that I watch about it is absolutely insane. Apparently the CEO and the owners, the current owners of that particular location, as well as some of the police officers in that county are all connected to the same Mormon Church, and there is there is a theory and or thought of, hey, they're using this collection to like basically give all of the money to the Mormon Church. Mm hmm. And it's just bashit crazy. So yeah, it's it's a wild, wild story. I actually have a video that like summarizes the entire thing. I'm gonna send it to you later tonight. It is crazy. And the actual person, I think his YouTube channel is like Reckless Ben or whatever, he wanted to sell the documentary to streamers. Uh and apparently like his his legal team or whatever was like, hey, it's getting kind of out of hand. I don't think any streamers are going to want to touch this. But you can, you know, to benefit you and to benefit this family who's had the entire collection stolen, you can release it on Patreon and people can support your Patreon and ursus purchase it there. It got so out of hand that the CEO of Bricks and Minifigs got in contact with Patreon and said, hey, destroy this person's account. You need to destroy this person's account. Patreon has come out and said, hey, we did our own research. You guys are douchebags. We're not going to take down and you need to do the right thing and give the collection back to the individual. Like good. They've gone out of their way to say like, hey, like you're in the wrong, We're going to be on the right side of his Yeah, crazy stuff. And this all this is literally all because of a Lego collection that is, by definition right now, the literal largest collection in the market. So that is for sale. Yeah, the biggest Star Wars Lego collection. Wow, which absolutely insane. So I just wanted to throw that out there for anybody who wants to know about it. Like I said, go check out Reckless Bin. It's all over TikTok right now. Like I've been like thankfully on like Star Wars TikTok for like a good month and a half and I'm like I'm loving this. I'm loving this, So go check that out. Some other news video game related. I want to go ahead and mention Friday, you were listening to this. Everybody who's listening on podcasts, you're listening to this. On Thursday, tomorrow is Summer Games Fest. It has already been confirmed that Zero Company will be showing off more gameplayka with a release date. They're actually putting down a release date on Friday. Are we sure this is what they are saying? Jeff Keeley, the guy who hosts and the creator of Summer Game Test, has said, Hey, the release date will be confirmed on Friday. So because we're taking a break technical break next week, you can go here on the geek First YouTube channel during Summer Games Fest and I will be either in the chat with watching live with Travis you know how, or if everything works out perfectly, then I will actually be live with Travis talking about the entire show. But you know, Zero Company is another reason why I definitely want to be there to get more information about and everything else. So that is gonna be Friday, this Friday, Summer Games Fest. So that's one thing I wanted to put out there. But a big part of Star Wars news this past week and a half has been the topic of cal Castis. Cal Castus has been a huge part of conversation. Katie. You have yet to watch these videos learn too much about calcasts other than the fact that he is a survivor of Order sixty six. You've read a book about him.
Speaker 3: I did watch the first game's cut scenes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you just need to watch this. So you just need to watch the second. Yeah. So there has been two pieces of news that come out that has come out since a week and a half. First piece of news was the fact that, oh my gosh, I'm I'm, i'm'm well, they want to use him more. But the book that I still need to pick up, by the way, the Secrets of the Jedi edition, the new edition of Secrets of the Jedi, has a portion in there. Of course, this is in the perspective of Luke Skywalker. So Luke Skywalker says that he knows about Calcastis. So he knew about Calcastis before his death. So that is interesting. And the reason that's interesting is because of this news that came out this week. Third Star Wars Jedi game reported to feature an older Calcastis. Now, what does that mean? What is older Calcastis? Well, we know that Survivor takes place in nine bby. Now I get to be the timeline guy. I did my research here, and we've talked about it before. We've talked about this before about where he is going to be in the timeline. Jedi Survivor is during nine BBY, and it is around that time that he is twenty two or twenty three years of age. There has been this this individual story has been a huge topic of conversation because people are like, Okay, what does older mean? Because we know that there was a little bit of a time jump between uh.
Speaker 3: Uh Fallen Order and Survivor.
Speaker 2: Fallen Order and Survivor as well, this one is a significant time jump because it says older Calcestis. I had mentioned to you, like, oh, well, you know, the conversation of him wanting to be used more in the future definitely means, oh, I guess Calkestis survives the third game. You know, we were kind of sarcastic about that, Yeah, and you brought up the idea of, oh well, they could actually use him even further because carbonite isn't a thing, and it kind of like blew my mind. And I even relayed that to the gua and Travis was like, oh shit, you're right. I was like, oh, I'm not right. Katie's right, Like Katie was the one that problems.
Speaker 3: Up because in Survivor, the villain in that one, right, correct me if I'm wrong is frozen in carbonate?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes he is. And so I'm like, okay, this could be a thing with the older Calcastus though, if this was to be still related to the second game and everything else in the like ongoing timeline of what they're kind of playing around with, I think it's a possibility. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I think this is a possibility to put Calkestis in the mando Verse timeline of I would say, oh gosh, what what what did I say? Well, mando Verse is uns eleven aby why yeah, eleven a b Why so eleven plus nine you get twenty years. That puts cal at about forty years old. Yep. Also, I'm pretty sure I've said this. It may it. I may be like out of like, like, uh, what's what's the phrase? Out of line for this? For some Legends fans, I think cal Castus may be Cannon's version of oh my gosh, my favorite No, not star Killer. Oh my god, hor corn Horn. Yes, well, remember.
Speaker 3: They might choose to take some characteristics. Corn Horn technically exists because he was a kid in the opi Wan Kanoby series.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would more say that he maybe leans Kyle Katarn because Kyle was I think he wasn't a previously Oh no, he was an imperial officer. Was that what I was thinking about? Yeah, I think so. I would say probably more Kyle Katarn even though he's not necessarily like he never worked for the Empire, it kind of falls along the same pathway, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Koran existing makes me think that they want to kind of use him in some capacity, even if it's just a funny easter egg.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: So, what what I had told the gua is I said, I think he's technically around twenty two or twenty three years old and Survivor, which takes place in ninety pole. Why so, right as the Obi Wan Kenobe series is happening, because the conversation prior to this article that had come out about an older Calcastus in the game, we were talking about is it possible that he ever interacts with our current heroes being Ray, Yeah, possibility of Grogu. I said, if he were to be anywhere involved in the sequel trilogy or the the new sequels ten through twelve, he would technically be sixty seven years old during the Rise of Skywalker. But that's if he isn't frozen in carbonite.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am willing to put money down on the idea that this third game will be taking place during the Mando Verse like timeline, I could.
Speaker 3: See that to try and transition, to try and transition him into a part where he could be used, whether it's Disney, whether it's in a movie, something along those lines.
Speaker 2: I did check.
Speaker 3: So Koryn in the show does not get a last name, so it could potentially just be another boy named Koran. But on Wikipedia, the mom is named and she has a Cannon tag and a Legends tag, whereas if you go to just Koran's page there is there's only a canon tab.
Speaker 2: So uh, okay, okay, Yeah, So I think that there is a possibility of cal being in his early to mid forties. Yeah, in the next game. I think this is interesting because with the possible collaboration, well not possible, we know it's going to be very probable.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If not guaranteed that they're gonna to put a whole bunch of lore and their canon bibles in works with this game. So if that's the case, we could possibly see an actual interaction with Luke Skywalker and cal But even more so, we might even see a Calcastis grogu.
Speaker 3: Yes, I could see that question for you. What if what if Dave Filoni said, Okay, this isn't going to be used. What if the video game is the Final Battle and it's a giant publishing initiative where we have all sorts of different materials and the game is thrown versus.
Speaker 2: Okay, why why are you putting that bad juju out in the world. I don't I don't need a Felony's Avengers moment in Calcastus's third game. Why because it has nothing to do with him. Here's here's here's here's where I would be somewhat okay with it if the third game spins off into a bigger initiative, Yeah, where we then, like if the third game ends with like thrown like because okay, so if the third game is just the third game, right, it has nothing to do with anything that's happening in the movies or the TV shows and the books whatever, right, third game goes through, and then literally before the freaking credits, we see Thron's ship come out of hyperspace. From the end of Ahsoka, that would be an oh shit like that then connects the video game.
Speaker 3: If you tie it, especially if you tie it into Maren's story because she's Datha Marion. Is that they spent plenty of time on Dakamre. You can't tell me the okay, maybe they're not hiding out on Dathamir together and they see the new witches of Dathamir.
Speaker 2: Well, that I would be okay with. But again, I need the game to stand lone. I don't want the game to start. I don't want the game to start with Thron, right because because I still genuinely believe that as Ahsoka season two, I still want them to be stuck in the other galaxy. Yeah, and show us how they escape. I don't want to see in this game. Oh, midway through, Ahsoka is here to save the day, right, and then they never everybody who invested time in Ahsoka season.
Speaker 3: One, No, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Exactly. So I need if, if, and only if if lucasfilm if don't throw this into fruition. I'm only saying if if Feloney wanted to connect the two, it needed to. It needs to be with Thron popping up at the end of the game. That is my that is my one and only thing. But I would actually like that, why because then we could actually see col in live action. Now the only thing is the actor, mum, I can't ever remember his name, Cameron Monahan. Yeah, currently, it's thirty two years old, so not too far off.
Speaker 3: That's not a big that's not a big jump.
Speaker 2: It's not a huge jump. But do you think you can make a thirty two year old look ten years older without well, you're already seen obviously.
Speaker 3: I think nowadays especially, people are flexible as long as you're not supposed to have gray hair or something. But in today's day and age, I think people are a lot more flexible.
Speaker 2: I think so, I think that there is a possibility that Monahan can definitely look forty, you know, with a little bit of makeup, as long as they don't make it dramatic, you know, like, yeah, don't give him like an entire like mask and then put makeup on the mask, you know. Yeah, and especially with the like mechanic of the second game, you're able to change like his facial hair, the hairstyle that you have. Like, if they just work around the facial hair and the hairstyle, I think you could definitely make him ten years older. And in that case, I think we finally get Cameron as Cal live action get we get to see him possibly in you know, a season three of Ahsoka, because I doubt. I doubt for one if this is like, we're not even making a pizza bet. But if this all comes into fruition and Katie is just like some sort of like witch, then I will just buy her like three pizzas like cause I just don't see Cameron being in season two of Ahsoka. No, I don't either, But if it were to actually legitimately happen, I would be really excited because a lot of people have wanted Cal to come to live action, and there's no reason he can't exactly. Yeah, but yeah, I think it's a very fun idea that this is going to have another time jump. Katie. You really need to watch the cut scenes for Survivor only because of the High Republic connections, and the ending of Survivor. Like all of this talk of like Star Wars lately on the internet, not necessarily just like us because we talked about Star Wars every single week, but like because Star Wars has been such a conversation on the internet right now. I've been wanting to go back to those games. So I think I'm gonna play Survivor again. I don't know if I'll play The Fallen Order again, but I definitely want to go back to Survivor. I love the surprise that the story entails, like there is a there is a universe slash galaxy like implication with what is talked about in that game that could literally change the way that, like all of Cannon is looked at. And I need you to see that. I need you to witness it and then give me your opinion on it. That's I want to know your opinion on it. But yeah, I think it's gonna be really really fun this game. Of course, I don't see it happening anywhere within the next like two years. I think we get an announcement for it in probably the end of twenty eight. And that's that's just me making a wild guess. Now again, we still have Summer Game Fest this week, we have the Game Awards at the end of the year. There are some pretty big announcements literally just yesterday for a State of playover at Sony, So like this might be a big year of announcements. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like when Survivor got announced, it was like a pretty quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: I feel like, ah, I would have to look back to see how how fast the announcement versus the release date was, So I'll look into that. So that's video game talk. That's that's a video game conversations.
Speaker 3: So then the next piece of news that we have is an announcement that happened recently is that the Ninth Jedi TV Show announced that they will be having a panel at the upcoming Anime Expo, which is going to be taking place in Anaheim in early July. So the supervising director, director, producer, and Lucasfilm executive producers will participate in the panel that will showcase the making of the series.
Speaker 5: And then that evening or I don't know if it's that evening on the evening of the first day of the expo, the first episode of the series will be screened, so that.
Speaker 3: Knowing that that's coming in July. We don't have an announcement trailer for it yet, but obviously we're in the middle of still trying to make sure that Mandolin Grog who is gonna make money at the box office, So we probably won't get an announcement until maybe even the Expo panel. And I would say probably getting it like August. Time. Brame like for when the show will actually come out, You're on mute.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I muted myself, So, oh I was. I was typing a whole lot of stuff. I to answer the question about Survivor. It was announced January of twenty two and it released April of twenty three, so it was only a year in three months, okay, so you know, we could actually see a pretty quick turnaround if they kind of keep on that same timeline.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I was literally thinking, I was like, when did Visions come out? And I'm like, oh, I'm that comes out literally every May fourth.
Speaker 3: So sometimes one year it was in the fall.
Speaker 2: It was in the fall, Okay, So there is hope that we could see a fall release of this of the series. If there's already going to be a screening. Do you think that is because it's done, I would.
Speaker 3: See so, and they're just trying to draw uh uh interesting by the show excitement because I mean, like they said specifically last year at celebration that this was gonna come out next year, which is now this year. So I would imagine that we would still see it this year because that's not something that Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm has a hand in it, but they're not the ones directly producing it and developing it. So I would say for a matter of fact, it's gonna come out at some point this year.
Speaker 2: Do we have a confirmation on how many episodes this is supposed to be? Lucasfilm, I know you listen to our show if you were smart, I'm just gonna go ahead and say this limited time theater release.
Speaker 3: At least for the opening.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, like you you could literally do like if if they are doing another you know, hey, two episode premiere, mm hmmm, two episode premiere in theaters.
Speaker 3: Here's a question. Do they put the original first two episodes out at that point because they would technically be a part of the series, or are they going to well, like is that gonna be the opening of it, and then like you jump out like into new episodes from there, and they're gonna like treat that as the premiere or is it just gonna be Okay, you technically have these episodes here and it's gonna be on the ninth Jedi page, but the first episode is going to be episode three.
Speaker 2: No, so you're talking about Disney Plus. Yeah, on Disney Plus, No, I think it's gonna be its own separate thing. I don't think. I think the way that Disney Plus works, you go to a series right below the series or like to I can't remember if it's below or to the right. There's like suggested, Yeah, that's where you have Visions. Yeah, Vision season one, Vision season two right there. They don't make the I don't think they're going to create new metadata to then put it on the same page quote unquote as the original series in theaters. I think what you do is if they have a two episode premiere, you actually have the first two episodes season one of Vision, Season two of Visions as the yeah season three sorry, as the start of the movie, and then there is a intermission, and then the premiere of the first two episodes comes out.
Speaker 3: See I disagree with that that or not necessarily the theatrical release part of it, But like, I don't see why you couldn't put those first two episodes there or like put not even put them as like part of season one. You could say, oh, this is season one, and if season one and season three episodes of the ninth Jedi from Visions, so that it's all attached and you can go, Okay, this came first, But is.
Speaker 2: There anything that like, so I'm trying to think of anything, whether it be Star Wars related or anything else within Disney that takes an episode from a different technical, different series and puts it in the series that is premiering.
Speaker 3: No, I've I think this would definitely be a first because like typically like it's something like uh, like I'm trying to think like if you had like the Clone Wars movie, for instance, it's basically like if the first two episodes that if released are like the Clone Wars movie, you need something similar where you can go, hey, this actually came first, and then you jump into all of this like.
Speaker 2: So interesting enough. Well, the thing is this is I was like, okay, best case scenario for this would technically be Netflix, Marvel, mar So like if I click on Daredevil, it says episodes, suggested, extras and details I go to suggested all of Daredevil and all of the uh other flicks shows are here.
Speaker 3: I say, right, but I'm thinking from somebody who's like, oh, I want like I've never seen Visions, but you know what, the show looks interesting, like this is a new Star Wars show. Like I wasn't interested in an anthology, but I'm interested in a full blown story.
Speaker 2: Yeah right here, like.
Speaker 3: I did. They might try to like make it so you could jump on with episode three, but to me, I would want to know the rest of what happened. And if you just say, hey, here's Visions, I'm gonna look at that still and go, no, I'm not interested in that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they will do? They won't do it on the actual page. I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and say they won't do it on the page. But looking at Disney Plus now I'm looking at the browser. The browser and the app on TV are basically the exact same. I will say, like, I think they are very good at complete uniform when it comes to the phone app, TV app and browser. I'm sorry if I hit my mic. I think it'll be on the banner. I think it'll be on the home screen banner. It'll be like the Ninth Jedi collection. They do those a lot. They do collections. So if you have Disney Plus or whatever, you go to the side where it has the three bars or whatever, or if you go into your search, they will have like popular searches, trending searches, all these other things. But like you will see right now, that's Pride Collection, Disney's Unior Collection, ESPN, and Disney Plus collection. I think there could definitely be a either Visions collection, but because it's not Visions, I think it will be the Ninth Jedi Collection. Mm hmm. And when you click on it, so if I clicked because right now there's a Blue collection, there's three options for Blue. Right now, there is the Blue Show, the many episodes, and then there's Blue's Big Play, which is which is an actual like theater rendition of a like original story. Yeah, Amberlyn loves it, but it shows all three options. I think they do that. So the actual page for the Ninth Jedi series is still standalone.
Speaker 3: But my concern with that is just the like they really haven't done in individual episodes. Like I hear what you're saying with the collection, but it's all series based. And again, if you put visions up there, nobody's gonna know from not having experience with it. Oh well, like this clearly must have something Ninth Jedi in it. That's my wing.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's that's what I mean though, Like so, so I envision the banner saying, because I'm looking at one banner right now saying the Pride Collection. You click on that where it says details, and it has everything that will be available. It'll show visions, it'll show Vision season two, and then it'll show the Ninth Jedi. But I am curious if they will go your route with the collection and not put visions but rather put the individual episode those two with the Ninth Jedi series in that collection. It's like, yeah, I think it's kind of just like a nitpicky tip for tat type of thing what we're trying to describe. Yeah, but I think there is a correct way to do it, and I think there is an incorrect way to do it. And the main reason why I say that is like, for just right now, of course, there is the month of June, Pride month. They have the Pride collection. When I am scrolling through the homepage, not even through the collections tab. When I'm just scrolling through the homepage, you have to scroll halfway if not two, like like three fourths of the way through to finally get to the collection's tab. That's my problem. Yeah, is hey, if you want people to know about this, you need to advertise these a little bit more. You need to market them a little bit better on your platform. Yeah, and I think that will be something that could hurt the ninth Jedi series for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: All Right, well, I think that might be. Oh well, the one thing that we, of course wanted to talk about when we finally came back live was box office for Mandalorian and Grogu. Now, I will say it's not great news. It's not great news.
Speaker 3: It wasn't bad news for opening weekend.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't bad news for opening weekend. So the opening weekend we have I think in total was eighty one million dollars. Yeah, eighty one six basically eighty two. That was opening weekend. That was Friday, Saturday and Sunday Monday. There was a Memorial Day weekend that actually bumped it to nearly one hundred million. Yeah, and then from there the very next week, Friday, May, we get a eighty percent drop on viewership, on on the on income for the box office.
Speaker 3: That's a huge at least internationally because I'm on box Office Modo and so well, okay, this includes like everything, so maybe not never, but like currently we're at domestically, we're at one hundred and forty two point two million dollars, yes.
Speaker 2: With the international numbers being one hundred and nine million dollars, with a worldwide box office of two fifty one uh in total as of right now. This is uh to as of Tuesday, So of course Wednesday's numbers are not up quite yet, so it's not a full two weeks, but we have a thirty percent drop from the eighty already between Friday and Tuesday. I don't like, I think like the big meme for the past week and a half has been like, oh, they're going to go take Filoni out back, you know, and you know, give them the old Yeller treatment, And we kind of already knew that they were probably not expecting gigantic numbers from this because they were already saying, hey, this isn't the big movie. Starfighter is the big movie. Yeah, first off, you don't say that before your movie comes out. Okay, you say, hey, this is the big movie, and an even bigger movie is coming out later, you know, so you know, there's there's the first strike. But again, overall, this movie is a success reception wise. This is a success opening weekend wise. Now the continuous money that it's going to make is not doing great. Just like we talked about, I think this does put a lot of weight on Starfighters soldiers. Yeah, so we'll see. We'll definitely see how all of this kind of breaks down. Where do you think this ends as far as box office?
Speaker 3: I think we're probably looking at like four hundred.
Speaker 2: You think you think it reaches four hundred, I think it reaches four hundred. As crazy as this sounds, Friday it made thirty three million. This past Tuesday, yesterday it made three million. I do not think that we hit three hundred.
Speaker 3: It's gonna hit three hundred.
Speaker 2: If it does. I don't think it hits three fifteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say three fifty three fifty, Okay, Okay, it like it could. Guys, remember this movie came out right before the end of the school year, like one thing that we just like me, Abby and Amberln literally just went off to pizza just now and we're like, holy crap, it is packed. We've never seen this before. And we're like, oh wait, it's the summer. So of course, all across America, you know, there is different times of which schools end. I think that closer to the South, school just recently ended, whereas here up north Midwest we are seeing that, like schools have been out for about three weeks now. Yeah, so we could see a small bump in these numbers, that's not impossible. I will say there has been a lot of success in horror films right now. Horror films are like just engulfing the box office for the past like three weeks. So we'll see. We will definitely see I got a pizza bet on on Supergirl, So you know, we'll see how movies are coming and going in the summer. But that's really all I have to say for the box office. I wish it the best. I think there's just like I said, I think I think this box office reflects the ideas of what Disney is thinking of when it comes to Starfighter, Like, hey, like you better make us money. Yeah, yeah, for sure. So yeah, guys, we are going to do a double recording here on this live. We're gonna be talking about right now Jedi Knight's Volume two, The Higher Path, and then we will be also recording Han solo The Hunt for the Falcon, which does release on podcasts next week for all of our listeners. Uh so you'll hear all of the same conversation, probably not the long winded version for for Han Solo and the news and all of that will probably just put down the review, but we'll see. But o kay, Jedi Knights the Higher Path, Volume two.
Speaker 3: I liked this better than the first one.
Speaker 2: I liked it better than the first one. It feels like a kick in the nuts that it ends at ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree, I think not in the.
Speaker 2: Fact that it ends in ten and like that's the end of volume two. That's the end of the series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like this was when they talked about this series. It was talked about being like the idea was that we were going to get one shot into Jedi Knight Inventors, and instead of that there should have been Jedi Knight's Qui gon Chen. You can still have other people, but the series was clearly about Qui gon Chen and his need to come to terms with his guilts over what Count Dooku convinced him to do with the things.
Speaker 2: Do you think they decided to go against a Qui Gongen title because of what came out earlier in the year with the uh Qui Gongen story Hyperspace stories, the hyperspace stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, yeah, probably, I think that was what I was thinking too. I was like, wait, this really should have been hyper Like did hyperspace stories Qui gon Jen get delayed? And then I was like, no, no, it didn't.
Speaker 2: It came out.
Speaker 3: Why are my dogs losing their crap?
Speaker 2: Well, like overall, like when you read this story, the overarching story, what connects Issue one to issue ten is this Qui Gonngen story. I think in total there is possibly like three, maybe four other anthology esque stories in here. Everything else connects to Qui gun Job. So yeah, like you have legitimately a volume worth of Qui gon Jen stories and then you have a mini series of anthologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like the through Youngling Eyes, I loved this one shot. I love this.
Speaker 2: I want that story, although I do think it's absolutely hilarious and kind of ridiculous, the idea of seeing somebody a little bit older than like I would. Okay, so a question about that story. You first see the reflection of the character in like a water puddle at the very beginning, Yes, looks small. How old do you think that that individual is when they get picked up. I don't because it's not it's not toddler. It's not toddler.
Speaker 3: No, she's definitely older than that.
Speaker 2: But the po V panels make her hands look a little chunky like a toddler. So when you see it holding the lightsaber, I kind of have to laugh. And I'm just thinking, like it's like, it's like imagining Mara with a lightsaber. Yeah, when I first thought about it, and like, hold on, she's a lot older than that. Hold On, I have to think about this more so if it was like an Anakin from from Phantom Menace but younger, but just a little bit younger than Anakin and Phantom Menace holding a lightsaber.
Speaker 3: It cracks me up. On the Wikipedia because her name is Sunna and under species they have a species.
Speaker 2: Do they really Yes, I'm I'm on the another.
Speaker 3: Hmm wait am I on the I'm on the character?
Speaker 2: I need to find the Wikipedia page. Mm hmmm, Okay, there we go. So yeah, like there were stories like that that I really really enjoyed. Now there were stories that were kind of like Qui Gon adjacent because they only dealt with Count Dooku, right yeah, and even those really interested in those, Like we talked about it the last time we talked about Volume one. The fact that we saw the story dealing with my gosh, what's her name that eventually gets killed by Doku Yattle, like that holds a lot of weight because of their eventual future, right, Like that is an interesting take. I want a little bit more of that because we never saw anything more from that. We never saw like, okay, we see that there is tension between Doku and the Council and the Academy, you know, and I know people will say like, oh, you will probably just get Count Dooku beating a dead horse, saying how like, oh, you know they because he he does finally kind of let out some of his like issues with the Academy when he when you see the flashback with Qui gon like you eventually get that, but like as it's really funny because Abby has been doing a lot of research with ADHD. Uh about ADHD because I have ADHD, And she's like, oh, I found out why you like confrontation because ADHD people like to argue, and like she like explained all this thing, and I'm just like, well, maybe Count Douku just has some form of ADHD and he just likes to be confrontational and argue all the time. But like I know it would be like beating a dead horse, But like I want to see him have this legitimate conversation with the council. I want to see how far it went or did they Like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see it if that's the reason he truly leaves and is like he has that conversation and like they're like this ain't gonna work, and then he.
Speaker 2: Because we kind of we kind of.
Speaker 3: Get it in flashbacks with Duku Jedi Loses, which is the audio drama, but it's not all the way.
Speaker 2: They are like we haven't had a clear direct Hey, this is w I am leaving. We of course, of course you read the again, you read the last issue of this series, and you see Dooku tel Qui gon. Oh, what we do as Jedi is bullshit. Yeah, you know they say we're this. No, we're knights, we're warriors. We have to do this, Like you see him going down the path, but there is like, as of right now, everything is assumption. Yeah, oh he left the Jedi Order because of this. There has to be a line. There has to be for everybody, not just like not legitimately just in the Star Wars universe, but in real life. There has always have to There has to be a line of people's tolerance, people's like, hey this is going too far, or hey this is where I say fit right.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: We have not seen that from Doku yet, which is insane to think about because we've had so many stories about his indifference with the Council and with the Order, but never the direct confrontation that gets him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's insane, and I think that's why this story shows a lot of promise. Like I've had a lot of issues with the Wake Guggenheim writes his comics, but I think like those last two issues are fantastic, and the three Jungling Eyes, so like the last three.
Speaker 2: Issues, I think technically, yeah.
Speaker 3: But like the rest of this series, like you said, is like a big dumb, A big dumb. We didn't say who was who the writers and art people were in this series, so we need to fix that nowt But writers Mark Dukenheim, the artist is made Beec Musa Beckov, the color artist is Luis Carrero. Letter is a VC's Clayton Cowell's and the cover art is done by Madibik Musa Beckov and Hayes who's uppertalv And again, I want to see these artists come back because I think this is the first time they've done Star Wars comics. I mean, I don't remember ever sharing her names except for this run. I love it.
Speaker 2: I need more.
Speaker 3: That's like the number one out of this series for me, the fact.
Speaker 2: That we saw actual consistency with Mace windu uh huh. Actually I was like, wow, I'm actually surprised with this compared to the other books that we have been reading with people of color and aliens and all the proportions are different in every single panel and it just doesn't look good. This was a very nice, like consecutive art piast like, I really enjoyed the series art wise.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic and to be able to hit, like you said, to be able to hit the people of color, the aliens all the same, because while it does focus in on a story about Qui gon Jin, there is a lot of representation here with Sada knights, with different alien races, different planets. So they really hit the nail on the head with this one. Other than that, I thought Corliss Wrath like that Sinsara story was super interesting with like the chrysalis. I liked that they talked about metamorphosizing and kind of going through a difficult process to become something new. I've always enjoyed that concept, not necessarily the concept, but like the idea of that with butterflies and caterpillars, and so to see that here and see that utilization was super meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was very interesting. Like there was a conversation that Qui gon had with of course, the librarian that was like, hey, I'm trying to look into a species that could change their appearance, and just so happens that she mentions the what were.
Speaker 3: They called again, these sinsorroens.
Speaker 2: Cinsorrons, and he's like, I mean, yeah, kind of, but like clearly he doesn't look like a Cinsarron, and she's like Will technically and kind of schools him on the idea of the Chrystalis. I thought that was really really fun. We haven't really seen ship shifting in Star Wars other than the Yeah and of course uh episode, so I thought that was really really fun. Some other highlights here we can see again, I say, we see Kelor and Beck. I thought, you know, going back to the the very one shot of the what was that issue called again, the one with the through young young Ling's eye. Sorry, very interesting decision that they made here. Most young Wings forged their own own lightsaber for them to decide, hey, we're going to forge lightsaber for you. For people who did not read this and just want to hear our opinions on it, the two not Jedi Nights yet because they were I think this was like their trial to be a Jedi Knight. They're like lightsabers, were actually forged into a double hilt lightsaber to like like it. It was just a very interesting choice to say, like, hey, you're not going to forge your own lightsaber, we have built one for you. And it's these two people that didn't necessarily sacrifice their lives. They just ended up dying on this mission and you've tagged along in memory of them. You get to have both of their lightsabers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was the one kind of question I had about the series or the issue. Now. I don't think they were necessarily like this is your permanent lightsaber.
Speaker 2: It was more of like a gift. Hey, huh, like a gift, yeah, because like.
Speaker 3: Obi Wan holds onto Qui Gon's lightsaber.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like a hey, this is a token of somebody who set you on a different path kind of thing, and she could choose to do something else with it long term what she is old enough to kind of like use it and stuff. But it's more of just like we thought you might want to have this because without them, they would have like you would have never left your planet.
Speaker 2: Basic is what I I just I thought it was very interesting, like it was a very interesting creative choice to be like, hey, this is the first lightsaber that you were going to be presented with cool design because they were both different colored hills. I thought that was really cool. And I will say their death was kind of jarring, like their eyes were rolling in the back of their head. They were getting shot at, very well done art like to make that, and it was kind of like, of course, in the perspective of this child POV style, so like the panels were kind of like fishbowld yeah way, and so it was. It was very unique and very interesting. So I I really dig that, and like, I don't know if we're ever going to see this character again, but it was interesting enough to be like, hey, I want to see this character again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I looked when I was looking at the Wikipedia. She isn't one of Obi Wan's visions from the first.
Speaker 2: Volume.
Speaker 3: I had already put away my first volume by the time I kind of recognized that, so I can't go check that. But she is in the first issue of this series.
Speaker 2: I have Marvel Unlimited right here, so I'm gonna go check it out.
Speaker 3: Oh mis defensive bands. No, I I definitely think if you're interested in prequel era Jedi, this is a comic you could be interested in. Otherwise, I don't necessarily know if this is a comic for everyone other than the gorgeous artwork. The artwork is fantastic, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I okay, yeah, she she is, So you see her right here at the like midway point of the book, how it like shows color and Back like offering us to like say, like because because in the story she is captured. Yeah, and Keller and Beck is the one that saves her. That that is that scene, and like it's pretty wild that Keller and Back like gave her the lightsaber. It was like, hey, don't know if you know how to use this, but like here you go, like, well he didn't give it to her.
Speaker 3: He just was like, you need to fight now, and so she pulls the lightsaber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at these uh this vision now, Uh that you that you brought it up. The one thing that they didn't talk about in this entire series, And I think it's more so because of there's a big possibility that the first few issues didn't do well and that's why they cut her off at ten. Yeah, is that right there? Dark Side Yoda. Oh, Like they didn't talk about that at all. I don't I don't remember them talking about that at all. Yeah, but yeah, like they're like there was a lot of promise with this, and I think that sometimes just like how we were kind of blue in the face with the idea of like you just gotta let the process happen with movies and kind of just like you know, go through the storm of people just kind of shitting on it for a while. Like do the same thing with Star Wars people. When it comes to comics. Yeah, like like you will always see people and some of them are big. It's still get me wrong, some people will shot on Superman stories or spider Man stories or Batman stories. Those are never getting canceled, right Yep. Star Wars as a franchise is going to be here a lot longer than we are going to be on Earth. Yep. They should treat it like that, just like how they treat Superman, spider Man and Batman, and we just we don't. And I think it's it's very frustrating sometimes because again I'm gonna say it again until it's I'm blue in the face. This showed a lot of promise. This was a really cool idea. It just I don't think was executed in the best way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, I think Guggenheim writes best when he has a singular character to focus on, and there's just too much going on in this one to really utilize his writing skill.
Speaker 2: Well, which I also think when you write in anthology. There should be a new writer with every story. Yes, that's just that's just the way I see it. Like, it makes it a little easier, a little cleaner. If you want to do an overarching story, hey, Guggenheim can do that entire story. Write it as individual issues, and then you hire five other people to write individual stories, yep, and make it like that.
Speaker 3: Guggenheim writes it outline, everybody else comes in and tackles something.
Speaker 2: I think that's how it should have been taken care of. But I don't want to crap on this thing anymore than we kind of have. But again, like we we had a good time. We just thought it could be better and there could be you know, maybe even potential for the future. You know, hey, I think that Jedi Knights could easily be a Marvel title that they say, Hey, let's launch this every two years. Yeah, we'll do just like how Star Wars was. Yeah, we'll do volume three in twenty twenty seven. You know, yes, easy enough. But of course, guys, that will be it for the episode. Thank you so much for being here. This is gonna be a little bit of a shorter episode because again, don't know if I'm going to necessarily grab all of the news segment that was from last week onto this episode, So this might be anywhere between like I think, twenty to thirty five minutes long. But yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and do our shout outs for our socials, so of course you can always find me at Fanboy Clay over on Instagram and threads with y'all knowing officially that I'm moving U. The really cool thing about that is what I'm gonna be doing in Texas is basically a full time job without having like a boss, so that's gonna be interesting. But what it does mean is that I have hopefully more time to actually put out content for our socials, So of course you can find us at Blue Sky and Instagram and on threads at Star Wars Alliance. That is s T A R W R s A L l I A n CE no A in the War is very important, don't forget it, So go check us out all on our socials. You'll be seeing more of us in the July and then onward, so that's gonna be a whole lot of fun. Go check me out over at Ranger Alliance as well. Have some cool things planned out over there. But yeah, Katie, what about.
Speaker 3: You, y'all? You can find me on most social media platforms at Place of Katie And as always, if we don't get back to you immediately, we promise we'll get back at some point. So with that, guys, I want to wish everyone a great day or night, whatever time of the day you were listening or watching, and we will see y'all next time.
Speaker 2: May the Force be with you.