Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to Between Us Gurlies. I'm Casey, I'm brand.
Speaker 2: I'm Lindsay Bailey.
Speaker 3: Hello, guys.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Is it a little aggressive to start this episode off with an Immuni necklace ten seconds in?
Speaker 4: No, you never give Ammuni necklaces. So I think this is really refreshing, honestly, and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I have one that I was just waiting till today to say, and it is that just because you have an opinion.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean you need to say it.
Speaker 1: Oh you and I have had so many instances in the past few months, but specifically recently, where someone has an opinion on something and I'm just like giving all the verbal cues that I don't really need your opinion, and then they keep going.
Speaker 3: And I feel like there are so many.
Speaker 1: Times where I'm in conversation and I can tell that someone's really excited and or passionate about what they're talking about, and I have a different opinion, but I keep it to myself because it's just not really valued in this specific situation. And I'm just kind of over people just giving their opinion completely unwarranted and you like give enough clues like hey, I appreciate it, but I don't need it, and then they just keep fucking going.
Speaker 5: That's been really driving me fucking insane recently.
Speaker 1: Wow, So I just had to share that because that happened to me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I get this necklace. It's not as mine is so stupid. I just took an uber to today's podcast, and I feel like they don't know this, and I think about myself, is like I get upset people don't read my mind.
Speaker 6: But I like ubers and lyftdrivers to know this.
Speaker 3: If I call it, that means I'm not driving, which means I expect you to kind of drive like me as well as any other Philadelphia citizen, Like let's go, like put your pedal to like metal? Was it pedal to the metal?
Speaker 6: Like why are we going? So so?
Speaker 3: Like I'm a backseat driver in those insteads like I was in his like laugh, I'm like, I know how to get here the fastest way possible. It's not that long. It took me forty five minutes, damn near. Not really, but like ugh, Like I just feel like sometimes I wish some Uber drivers like hmm, I'm picking her up because maybe she doesn't want to drive her own self, so let me drive like she would and get their own time.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy, Bailey.
Speaker 7: So Brandon and I also uber to this podcast as we do every week, and I just reported my lift driver. Oh yeah, And I don't ever do that because as a person who has lost a job, I don't play with people's jobs.
Speaker 2: I don't play with people's money, their time, whatever.
Speaker 7: But if you were and I just made a TikTok about this, if you were working in a job where you cannot complete the tasks of the job, you should not be in the job. This driver number one, We get in the car. Brandon told me when we got out, he goes, it smelled like poop in there, so he was being specific about them poop. I was not sitting directly behind the driver, so I did not get a whiff of the driver.
Speaker 2: But Brandon, unfortunately, yeah, like he was a dirty birdie.
Speaker 7: He was driving like to first off, he was very little. He was in a minivan and he was a small man. Oh and usually we like minivans, but he he was real time, and he had the wheel gripped up like it was someone's ass, Like he was gripped on it like hard, and he was going really really slowly, but he did not stop at a single stop sign. And as me sitting in the backseat, the last thing I want is when we get t bone because you're not stopping to stop sign for it to hit me. So I had to report him because and I literally wrote lifts like would you like to be specific? I said, yeah, he quite literally stopped it not a single stop sign.
Speaker 3: Wow, the way I give them five stars for that's.
Speaker 7: This was annoying though, because he was such a slow driver, like he was shaking. But if you're nervous, then stop at this It's like number It's like rule one of drivers stop at the stop sign.
Speaker 4: Mine was going slowly.
Speaker 3: It is a nice day outside the windows down, but I'm in this fucking minivan that I had to like pull open myself, like no, I don't like.
Speaker 2: No, it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I walked up and looked at the door for five seconds. I was like, fuck, then I have this bright ass hat on. Everyone knows liberties can see me. I'm like pissed. But that just reminded me of when we were in Miami and I had to report that Lyft driver the Uber driver I got like screaming at us or yea, was.
Speaker 4: It that time? Was that our fault? Yeah, okay, sort of, I guess it was that time.
Speaker 3: So we were in Miami when we stayed in like for the listeners, it was the barracks, the bunk bed situation, right, and we were Uber into a dinner that was like two minutes away that we could have easily walked to. But it was pouring down rain and for some reason, all four of us will I know, like we just like piling in the back of the ubers and like it was a small car that person slammed onto brakes like point two miles into the car. Car ride screams that all of us Brandon has to get out in the pouring rain and like hop into the front seat.
Speaker 4: But then they were driving like a maniac.
Speaker 3: That's what it was. Like they were driving fucking wild and like I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: So then we got banned.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, because as soon as I stepped out of that Uber, I was going to report them because that driving was erratic, like that was messed up.
Speaker 6: And as soon as I go to hit the block, I get banned.
Speaker 3: They wait, I think I just got banned on lyft twenty well down like twenty four or forty eight hour hold, And I was like, what did I do? To your point?
Speaker 1: Though, I will always just give five stars because it's like, honestly, I'm not gonna tip you, so like the least I can do is help your rating, Like I'm just not a tip an uber tipper, I guess, unless I think, like because.
Speaker 6: They're already thirty five dollars.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I lot people do that, like my dad, No offense. Dad, Sorry, He was like, you're not gonna tip your driver. I'm like, sir, no, unless you do, like the utmost for me. I do tip my lift drivers sometimes, but like you have to do something like a tip is additional you're getting paid for this.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not a nice person. I don't know. Anyway, Well, let's bring some.
Speaker 4: Good energy in.
Speaker 3: Did anyone do anything fun this weekend.
Speaker 4: We went to New York on Friday for an Abercrombie event for the Eagles preseason.
Speaker 6: Oh was it.
Speaker 4: It's actually really fun. It was like it felt like a fever dream. We were literally there and back within like four hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But it was fun. We saw like a lot of our friends there and Eagles won.
Speaker 3: There's stuff Abercrombie stuff is so cute.
Speaker 6: Watched the Eagles game there. Yeah, I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the NFL collection was like so cute. They had like custom like embroidery. We made our own shirts. So I actually had like a lot of fun at that. We went to dinner on Saturday. Oh yes, we tried a mina.
Speaker 6: How was it? It was really good.
Speaker 4: The food was really good.
Speaker 3: I get something about I love a good fried chicken, and that fried chicken was amazing. You used to be an old city, but now it's in Northern Liberties and like every time I walk by it's packed, like and rightfully.
Speaker 4: So the food was really good. Yeah, yeah, was it really anything else?
Speaker 1: I spent my last weekend down the beach. Well, I think I'm gonna try to go for which one is this one?
Speaker 2: Labor Day or Memorial Day?
Speaker 4: Labor Day?
Speaker 3: I never remember the difference.
Speaker 1: But I went down to the beach this past week, into the Delaware Beaches and.
Speaker 5: I was sitting on the beach and I was like, damn, this might be my last time of summer.
Speaker 1: And I was just like summer fulllew the fuck by, and I know we talked about it last episode, but I feel like summer flew by the fact that it's already the end of August and back to school season is crazy.
Speaker 3: I feel like summer just started.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, I can't like it's cold. I like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like, well, obviously we say this every year, but I love Philly in the fall.
Speaker 4: And recently I've been leaving my.
Speaker 3: Couch more and doing those why just because I'm out in the boutlins. And I actually went to a writing terminal market for the first time in like ten years the other day, which is crazy. I'd be like, we live in this city and I always forget. I mean, my favorite place in Philadelphia is my couch and it will always be that.
Speaker 4: But we do have such a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Historic city, and I feel like we used to go to uh we'll meet my Yeah, I guess we well, I guess I use But I used to go to writing terminal all the time freshman year, like take that train that stepped down down there. But I just like, don't go to that part of the city anymore. But it was just so like, I don't know, we have such a good city in the food.
Speaker 4: There was so good food there is red Yeah. My parents go there every time they come up, and I've been going recently and I'm like, damn, there's so many options.
Speaker 6: So many options.
Speaker 3: I need like start going. I'm like, what am I doing wrong? Like there's I feel like I've been there forever, Like they've added so many things. At that strawberry station with the chocolate.
Speaker 4: I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I already had a donut and a home bunch of blueberry bread. But they have a new it's not new.
Speaker 1: They have a spot that's called like Fox Street and it's all gluten free fair Food.
Speaker 3: So they have everything from gluten free fried donuts to funnel cake, to Korean.
Speaker 1: Corn dogs to hot dogs, like everything. Jake and I went to Redding Terminal a few weekends ago. We got Baylor's doughnuts, not gluten free. But then after I ate that, I was like, oh wait, I wanted to go to this place. And then I was like, I damn, is that the one we said fair food? Mm hmmm, So I need to go back.
Speaker 4: And try that.
Speaker 7: I feel like reading Terminal like you're gonna get this. It's gonna clock to you. It's a suburban kid thing to do with your parents, Like did you I remember getting like Bassett's ice cream that's like yourn ice cream shop and reading Terminal. You can get like pints and I would get dumb hype, like we would get in the car and we would literally drive treading terminal.
Speaker 1: I would just get an ice cream cone. I was so excited about it. Back when parking there was feasible. Now parking there is horrible. I heard the free parking now Oh.
Speaker 2: Because I don't live far.
Speaker 3: Let me figure it out and get back to you guys, please period.
Speaker 4: Anything else from the weekend? Mm hmmm? Can you have fun with anybody in particular? Yeah?
Speaker 6: My girls, Yeah, we're just chilling.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: I did post a little story on our Instagram and I was like, what do you girls whant to hear? In one person about Bailey's Boys knows?
Speaker 4: I actually yesterday when I was I was doing a work event for Jurgens and someone specifically was like, I love the podcast. I love Bailey. Okay, I have to tell her, Oh my god, thank you? Like you got the fans, Yes.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to between us Bailey's Yes.
Speaker 4: Have we ever talked about aggie on the podcast think So because it's your word and really grew on me and through me recently too, like ignorant. Yeah, I love so. Bailey will tell us that we're being aggie, which is short for aggravating, and it's just like a really it's it stuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy to say, like if someone's you, it's so easy to just say that.
Speaker 2: I feel like we can write a dictionary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Should I always stick?
Speaker 3: Like every day in my head like that you know that name that game people play on TikTok with the phones, Like we say so many different things like are you there? God, it's me Margaret, Like I was saying, I can't stop saying that because like please help me. But like, and I was thinking the other day, I was like, I'm either staying in or going out.
Speaker 6: But I don't know if we've ever talked about that, how we talked about all here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we've told that story on the podcast.
Speaker 6: That's a simple story.
Speaker 4: So who is it? Brandon Lindsay? I wrote in the group chat. Yeah, I wrote in our girlies group chat. One night we were like talking about plans or whatever, and I like set a few options, and Bailey just replied, she goes, I'm either staying in or I'm going out, and no one like replied like or anything, and like I sat on it for like an hour, and I was like, that makes no sense. I was like, what's a third option? I was like, yeah, you're either staying in tonight or you're going out, but no one questioned. And then I was just like deeper thinking about it. I was like, I know, this bitch is high as fun. I was like just writing something that she thought made full sense and it makes not a lick of sense.
Speaker 6: You said like, what would the third option be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and no one ever answered.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 4: I was like, is no one get acknowledged that this is texts insane? No?
Speaker 2: You were getting tice about it, like you're like, what is thin?
Speaker 1: I reference that a lot, like in my head when I'm like trying to decide something, I'm like, I'm either.
Speaker 3: Staying in or going out.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 1: I also say top ass a lot, which I feel like we don't say as much now but we used to.
Speaker 3: And Jake cracks up every time.
Speaker 1: I say, because he's like, that is just like the most random fucking thing.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 1: But it's so good at describing something that's just absolutely fucking horrible, like it is top ass.
Speaker 3: I recently wrote out top ass, so I took out the top I'm not going to get that.
Speaker 7: It's high as the most the biggest thing that we've been saying recently though, And this is like kind of cording Kardashian ask when she was like a B, C, D E f G.
Speaker 2: It's joggers.
Speaker 7: And if you've ever seen the clip of Charat doing her she buys Charay Andy Cohen interview that whole bit where she's like joggers, lifestyle, lifestyle, spring, summer, more lifestyle. And the other day Bailey texted me something ago respond with Joggers like, just don't even acknowledge its almost.
Speaker 4: Lifestyle.
Speaker 1: She says, it's so chunky, like her tongue is lifestyle.
Speaker 4: What it's more lifestyle? You're out listening? Were I were a medium? An extra small? Which one is it? And that's the full size run?
Speaker 2: I want her right here.
Speaker 4: We'll wear it on the next episode.
Speaker 5: You fucking imagine we have our own line.
Speaker 4: All right, we let's get into our ask the girl leies. First up, we've been asked to talk about dealing with your first relationship and also for miss Casey navigating life living with a boyfriend first relationships. You know, Lindsey always says, I feel like you have the best advice for this, which is that you need a practice boyfriend, and I we talked about I feel like we might have talked about that before on here, but I think you have some solid, solid take on that.
Speaker 2: My mom always told me that, she was like, you need a practice boyfriend.
Speaker 7: It doesn't even have to be like you're a man man, just somebody who you go out with and you like explore maybe your body with like how to talk to people, and are quite literally practicing for your future so that you can get an idea of what it feels like to be with somebody, and like you're not supposed to be with your practice person forever some people are actually, but like just the idea of having somebody to like show you what that is supposed to feel like or what it's not.
Speaker 3: Supposed to feel like you got to work out the kinks with someone first.
Speaker 4: I feel like, mm hmm, yeah, and learn the tough lessons too. Like I feel like I'm so much better in my relationship now because I'm like, oh, I'm not doing that toxic thing that I would do in my first relationship. Yeah, and I know better. So I think, just just be yourself, take the crash course of the first relationship, and take the wins and the losses, and just walk away with a lot of learning. Maybe for some people, your first as your last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you ever wonder why we do certain things?
Speaker 7: Like I took a deep reflection on some of the things I've done in the past, and like, I genuinely used to get a really sick kick out of just starting an argument like just be reckless.
Speaker 2: I was like, I just want to start something.
Speaker 4: Like why why do we do things like that? You know what?
Speaker 1: I It's weird you say that, because I was actually talking about that this weekend, And I feel like, maybe that's like the universe slash your brain's way of like telling you that.
Speaker 3: The relationship you're in isn't a good one.
Speaker 1: Because I was talking to one of my friends and she was like, I just genuinely cannot imagine living with a man, And she brought up all of these things that before I lived with my boyfriend were very valid things I thought about before living with a guy. And I was like, honestly, when you find the right person, it all just makes sense, Like everything that you thought didn't fit fits, Like therapist says that, yeah, And I feel like I did the same thing in previous relationships. I would start a fight or I would know that something I did would piss them off, and I'd still do it.
Speaker 3: And like, now I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Purposely pissing off my boyfriend like that seems crazy to me. But back then, I pissed off my boyfriend every weekend.
Speaker 3: I didn't care.
Speaker 5: So I feel like maybe it's just like your body's.
Speaker 1: Way of being, like maybe rethink what you're doing or just like reframe your mindset interest.
Speaker 4: I also think it does come from, like, at least for me, like insecurity in a lot of ways. And like, I do.
Speaker 2: You think I'm insecure?
Speaker 4: No, I said, for mere lifestyle, But I like, for example, I find myself like trying to hurt my own feelings a lot of the times, and I think that that comes from a place of like, deep down, I don't think I'm worthy sometimes or like deserve the good things that have been given to me. And it's almost like my little way of trying to like push someone away of like no, like upset me because I want to be upset right now or something like I can't accept that like this is that good? You know it's yeah, it's not cute. I definitely do the same thing, like I'm my own worst edything.
Speaker 3: I feel like I get in my head before them, like well if I think that they don't like me, then it just like it makes such a horrible like kind of like what you're saying, like I get I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So definitely started some fights out of that. Yeah, but we're growing.
Speaker 1: We were inspired to do like and ask this girlies Lindsay's put it on the story and a lot of the questions related to like back to school, meaning like back to college and like transition things. So we kind of wanted to since it's like in the you know, theme of back to school with the time of the year. So like, what in terms of first relationships, what would you tell someone who's in their first college relationship, because they do feel like that is a little bit different than maybe like your first adult relationship. Is there anything you feel like that's different about like a college relationship, because mine.
Speaker 5: Would be if it seems toxic.
Speaker 1: It is toxic, and the faster you get out of it, the more fun you'll have.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I don't have anything. Pod. I did not see one positive relationship in college.
Speaker 7: No I did.
Speaker 3: I was in a relationship in college, but like looking at all people that were and where they are now with those some of them were together, but also it's like I know the background they've been in, and also I mean, like it's just I don't have any advice for that.
Speaker 6: I don't recommend people going to college.
Speaker 3: We had that one wrote in I don't recommend people going to college with a boyfriend that's like long distance at another school.
Speaker 6: I just think that's just yeah.
Speaker 2: I've only seen one.
Speaker 7: This is crazy, like I'm really thinking about I've only seen one positive college relationship, and it's quite literally my little brothers, And it's only because he is literally such a god kid, Like he's so christ centered. It sounds so like weird, but like he literally lives so holy that him and his girlfriend everything they do is like kind of beautiful, like what you said, Casey, where it just like falls into place like they're just kind of mature for their age.
Speaker 2: But I think it's because they don't like to drink.
Speaker 7: They don't like to go out, Like there's no think of your college ex boyfriends, like you were drinking, you were fighting, they were getting mad at stupid stuff.
Speaker 2: You wanted to make poor choices, Like.
Speaker 3: They don't do that.
Speaker 7: So like maybe if you're more low key or like you have a different interest, it might work out. But like I can think of any anything that's good. I would literally just say to remember to have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like us not having any advice is the advice, Like as people who have graduated college and seen relationships in college and then now we're, however, many years out, and I see people who broken up, Like don't I feel like when you're in college, you think, oh, I'm finding the person for.
Speaker 3: The rest of my life.
Speaker 1: And like that's what I mean by like if it's to if it seems toxic, it is toxic. Like I don't think college relationships are meant to last. It's not to say that they can't last or that, but I just think college is for you and for fun, and I feel like it's not the time to lock yourself down with someone who's not treating you.
Speaker 4: Almost like the overarching advice is don't think that real life is going to be like college for good or for bad. It's like, if you're in a bad relationship in college, like, don't expect every relationship like that in the future to be like that, because in college you're surrounded by temptation, you're surrounded by partying other people, Like it's just so easy to get fucked over. So if you're down bad about that, like it does get.
Speaker 2: Sort of better in the real world, very believable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if on the other side, don't also think that like it's as easy as it is outside of college, because it's also harder in real life when you have jobs and you have a lot of responsibility. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my little cousins who's going into college, I think she's just started. But I was like, it doesn't get easier. I was like, you're in this age of like I've about to be thirdy, Like it does not get easier. And also like going off the whole, like everything everyone's saying, don't go into college thinking it's going to be like the movies and shows like how they depict Like I'm thinking like the sex life of college girls, and like that's not how it really is. It can be, but like, don't go in there thinking like you're going to meet some guy in the first day of class and like that's going to be like but also like you get so much more out of college than just trying to find a guy, And if that's the only thing you're looking for, then I don't waste your money.
Speaker 7: But sometimes it is like that in a bad way. Like I met my college ex boyfriend at a party. It was the first party I ever went to at college, and he poured me a shot. He was like, Hey, do you want a shot? And I was like, not really, And I ended up giving it to the kid behind me, pretending like I took it, and he whispers to my friend. He's like, oh, like who's your friend? And she was like, she has a boyfriend. Because I went into college with a boyfriend and then I ended up leaving that boyfriend for this boyfriend. And then after college it got so much worse. During college was bad, but then after college you got worse, and like I literally felt like I was on a TV show, but in a bad way. Like if you're watching those TV shows, do not try to do those things.
Speaker 4: It's full of to b movie genres.
Speaker 2: It's really bad.
Speaker 4: It's really bad.
Speaker 1: Kind of going off of that, I feel like we're kind of talking about dating and everything. This says like relationship advice for our listeners outside of college dating in your late twenties early thirties, How different do you feel like it is between college and I feel like in college kind of to what you said, Brandon, it is so accessible. You date who's around you, and you can meet someone at every opportunity, whether it's at lunch or at a party or in class, Like you have a million in one times to meet people when you're in college. Verse is when you graduate and then it's like, oh wait, I can't meet anyone.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to meet people anymore. Yeah, I feel like it changes it.
Speaker 4: I'm fully dating someone that lives in California, so definitely it definitely opens your your options up for sure. When you're not in that like just campus, I don't know. I think it's harder when you're in your thirties and like late twenties, because it's like you really want to be steering clear of the time wasters, like as your dad says, time oisters, Like I think that is like what is hard to deal with because I don't know, you like feel like you have so much time, but like at the same time, you also like don't and especially for like people who like want to have kids and want to like have a few, like you family and everything, like don't waste too much time on someone that like isn't for you, you know. So I think that's that's a little more in college, I feel like you can kind of just fuck around. I feel like in your adulthood, like that becomes like a real pressure. I agree.
Speaker 3: The wasting time and I'd say right now, like close to thirty just gets a little not trickier because it's like you don't want these flings, so it's like, ooh, it has to get more selective about who you're talking to do and who you're waste putting your energy into.
Speaker 4: And like that's I.
Speaker 3: Guess, okay to be selective because like it is like such a little bit more tricky time for our lives, like I need to have kids soon.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I guess it's a little more fun. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we've definitely talked about this before on the podcast, but like I feel like your early twenties because like you graduate college at what twenty one, twenty two, I feel like you're still in the college mindset for like twenty two, twenty three, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Like I don't really think you grow out of it.
Speaker 1: You're still you're We've talked about it before, Like you're starting an entry level job, your first time making adult money. You're still having fun like you were in college. So like use that to your advantage, like get all the fun out.
Speaker 3: Not like you're not gonna have fun after that.
Speaker 1: But like day to round, have fun when you're in your early twenties because you're still really.
Speaker 3: In that college mindset.
Speaker 1: And then as you get older and into your late twenties, that's when I feel like to what you're saying, like things get more serious and you start you start to like your front will love develops, and you like learn more about yourself and what you want.
Speaker 3: So definitely a huge difference between my early twenties and right now. I'd say about like who I let, who I give access to? No, I'm like a who's coming into this, but like it's definitely this like energy and like it was such a fun time but early twenties, but now I'm just like.
Speaker 4: That's not me.
Speaker 3: I feel like you you change your frontal lobe developed, you just see the world in a different way.
Speaker 4: And it's like also, may becomes.
Speaker 6: Just like dogs.
Speaker 7: You just start to like see like wow, these met are figs. Maybe you become less of a dog. Because I accepted that, Like I kind of was like, I'm you know, like we all had our like phases where we were like maybe not the best behaved. And then you grow up and then the guys haven't grown up yet and you're looking at them, You're like, why are you this dog?
Speaker 2: It's like, girl, I've always been like that. You grew up, so they are dogs.
Speaker 3: I have guys that like recently who I've like dealt with in my past, and like I could tell they're still in that type of shit and I'm like, oh, babes, I leveled up.
Speaker 6: I've seen christ now, like I don't need this.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: So speaking of back to school, let's focus it on freshman year, because I feel like that's the year that like, I don't know, I've been seeing so much on TikTok, Like I've been seeing get Ready with me for my first day of freshman year, and I'm like Oh my god, you're such a baby.
Speaker 2: You have so much ahead of you.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking, if it was your first day of freshman year, what is something that now you would want to tell yourself.
Speaker 5: You want to tell the first day a freshman year version of.
Speaker 4: You don't wear American egles? Like what the fuck are you doing? Hem your shorts? Like stop wearing those shirts. I think we walked aclass the first day, like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like, I remember, I shouldn't have warned. I picked my Afidas wearing skinny jeans and a long kimono. But it was sweltering hot and we lived like twenty times a long. Yeah, Phil, I was sweating by the time I got the class. I wish I wouldn't have worn with that worn first day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, be prepared to a walk.
Speaker 3: Like the cute ship put your bounces on, and.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, put down the hot tools.
Speaker 7: I was like crisping my hair to the point where after college had to cut it all off. I had like a little Bobby Bomb, a Millie Bobby Brown, Like if I just put it down and just embrace my girl pattern, I would have been much better off.
Speaker 4: Also, this is like so random, but like fuck the school gift store or like the school like campus shop. Yes, Like I don't think I have one positive memory of ever going into like the like textbook store on campus or like anything. Any time I ever went in there, I was fucking stressed out there. I was like, Oh, I have to get a ruler and like a projector or some shiit. What's that thing in the math like that projector. I was like, get like a poster board, like a certain sketch ball.
Speaker 6: The art supplies in there, the gold flakes, I love that.
Speaker 4: Fucking No, that.
Speaker 2: Place just robbed you split you why.
Speaker 7: At Penn State it was in our like we have this center called the Hub, and it's it's what it's it's the name.
Speaker 2: It's self explanatory.
Speaker 7: And the bookstore is on the first floor of the Hub, like technically in the basement. I wouldn't recommend anybody get anything from that place. Go off campus and just go go downtown and get your stuff.
Speaker 3: Like it's well yeah, like it's just absolutely I'm gonna say I read it all that. I think I would go into that bookstore whatever, like take the picture of the pages.
Speaker 4: I needed to be that's so smart. Yeah, my Mary wait.
Speaker 3: Also like I was thinking, I forgot what it was like I would get money for books every year. I didn't buy a book all four years. I remember I got a virus on my MacBooks. I tried to kidding a free book, like you will never catch me faning for that shit, Like I was just I had.
Speaker 4: All the fever twenty one.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know if that's a good tip, but like Iver, I never bought a textbook or like share with your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did with friends and did you guys have clickers?
Speaker 7: But not so if you're a girl like that's going to a larger school, you're gonna have to buy something called a clicker. And it is quite literally like a remote control and it has four buttons ABCD and.
Speaker 2: An on button.
Speaker 7: And when you're in like a forum classroom, they'll put your test on the screen and you'll literally click the answer, like you will.
Speaker 2: Go your name will be a sign chair clicker. You'll click like see whatever. Whatever. The clickers are like seventy dollars for remote control.
Speaker 7: They resell them so you get a pre used clicker, And like there's a stigma around that where it's like, don't get a used clicker. Buy the used clicker, because you're gonna sell it back to the bookstore and you will get no money for it. It's like game stop. You bring it back and it's like fifty cents.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't regret spending all my money on college on clothes because like.
Speaker 3: At the time, it was fun.
Speaker 1: It was like so stupid to look back now, and I can't say, like, don't do that because it's just like every girl's going to like you can't telegraon you're not like going out close, yeah, like everything like going out close, party clothes, whatever. But I do wish that I saved a little bit more money from college, Like I truly, So what you're saying, like, don't buy there, you know, it's like a stigma to not buy the resale one. Like I fell for that all the time. It was like a stigma to like have this instead of that or like do whatever. And I feel like I wish I saved a touch more money in college because I spent all of it on like shitty clothes that I don't wear anymore.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 7: Wow, what's the okay? So you yours was closed? But do you ever have some did you ever think about something in college that you bought, like on a consistent basis and you were like, you were actually the dominospitulive for spending.
Speaker 2: Your money on this.
Speaker 7: Can you give an example, Every single weekend I would buy I would get my ex boyfriend to go to the liquor store and I would have him buy a bottle of mango Spedka and a bottle of yellowtail moscatol and I would tape the full edward forty hands. I would tape the moscato to my hand, and I would drink the entire thing for the entire night. And then when I was done with that, because it doesn't get you drunk like that, even though you're drinking a lot, it's just all sugar, so my belly hurt. And then afterwards, I would switch over to the syrup that I purchased the mango Swedka, and I would just be on one.
Speaker 6: And I regretted.
Speaker 7: I would spend like forty bucks on that dumb stuff, and it was it did nothing for me.
Speaker 4: I regret it. I don't know. I don't think I ever I mean weed, but I still do that.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I don't regret that, Like I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't regret that got me through a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really think I regret that anything, Like.
Speaker 3: I never well, I mean I regret paying for that fucking sorority any money they ever got for me.
Speaker 4: Fuck you guys.
Speaker 7: Oh, I would love to unpack that on another episode I did before remember, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit wet it, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the thing going in the freshman year, I thought I was gonna make friends, so I joined the sorority.
Speaker 4: Do that if you want.
Speaker 3: To, if you're at a big school, if it's for you, do it, Like I did, meet friends through it.
Speaker 6: It's not like I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't think it's that bad of a thing.
Speaker 3: I also did it for like applications, which like hindsight don't or like on my resume, I didn't learn things.
Speaker 4: But like I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wish I was in like a black sorority.
Speaker 4: That's my only my.
Speaker 1: Little Green nine Bailey like stop at aka.
Speaker 4: I would have been Beyonce's films by now.
Speaker 3: But like I think, I still think, like Greek life is still pretty good for like meeting new people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just depends on the school.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, our school was not built for sorority That's my thing.
Speaker 3: Like if I went to like, if you go to a bigger school that has like more than two sororities on campus, I think you meet a lot of people and like it is really good for networking and social networking and jobs in the future too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was just saying recently that I'm really for myself glad that I'm not in college during the age of TikTok, because I just feel like it would have destroyed my college experience, like to see so many others experiencing the way college the way they do, see the it girls, the famous girls from each school, Like I feel like I would have thought that I needed all those things. And I do feel like for our younger listeners, like it is important to realize is that like for every girl you see to college, there's a million other girls who are living a normal college experience and enjoying it.
Speaker 3: And so like, if you're not living the it girl.
Speaker 1: From you Miami or ASU or whatever, if you're not living her lifestyle, you can still enjoy college. We went through the small college ever, Meeba Ale and Brandon and I'm the best four years ever And I'm very thankful for like the experience I had. So if you're experiencing college during the TikTok era, you don't need to be like jealous of everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow, I completely agree with that.
Speaker 1: Like, imagine if that parties we were making tiktoks, we would not be in the position we are today if there was recordings of the way we.
Speaker 4: Actually we probably went through like the perfect age of social media, like it was there. We had fun on our instagrams. It was casual.
Speaker 2: Yeahpchat was really fun. Oh my god, yik yak oh do they still have ya?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 2: I think it got banned rightfully. So yeah, it was mean. It's like four of Spring fourth.
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever like Reade anything like that went low key yack viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I can't remember what it was. I can't remember what it was either. I was like freshman year. I was just sitting there.
Speaker 4: I was like always so scared someone was gonna write something about me.
Speaker 3: I thought I was looking like I'm like the girl with like the pink book bag, always looking like nope, nope, they didn't see me, Yeah, pretty you tried sushi for the first time.
Speaker 4: Freshman year, I did. I like really grew in college. I expanded like so much, like I became myself. Like I really had like the best college experience. Like I just started hanging out with people from wait, like you're you're out of high school and like you're meeting like people from all walks of life and just like everything is so diversified. I don't know, I really I enjoyed my college experience. Well.
Speaker 3: I was just like thinking about like freshman year, just like it is such an exciting time because like you are on your own, like you're with so many people who are also on their own, and like.
Speaker 6: A new city and it's just like seeing the world.
Speaker 4: Wow. Did some really shitty things though in college, Like I was a bitch for sure, Like I definitely like I look back on some my choices and I was like, oh my god, like that was so nasty.
Speaker 3: I was stupid, like just stupid, Like thank god I was young, and like I'm really climbing the fence and falls. What if I did that now I break everyone in my body. Like I just I feel like I did like stupid shit wich Like I was young. But Okay, I didn't get arrested or anything.
Speaker 7: But I'm not gonna lie. Like, and I've said this on the podcast before, but like watching you, like I've known you my quite literally my whole life. And when we went to college, and like again, snapchat was like the social media to use.
Speaker 2: I went to literally Penstate, like we we know how to party.
Speaker 4: I would look at brandon.
Speaker 2: Stuffs where I'd be like, Brandon, what are you doing? There was this video of Brandon that went mega super.
Speaker 7: Viral, which was literally on the show Ridiculousness, where Brandon got blacked out drunk and fell in a shower and there's one girl in the background and she literally goes Brandon and I like that part sends me every single time.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, we knew how to drink. Like we went to a small school, but like people liked to go out and like we had a fun ass fucking time, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like because we went to a smaller school, we partied like differently. I feel like when you go to a bigger school, I don't know, there's just more people. It's obviously big schools party. I'm not saying that they don't, but like it's just like you know, when you go out and you have a fun night out, but then you go to a random person's house with like twenty people and it's the most fun you ever had.
Speaker 5: Like a weird ass preeam. That was our general parties.
Speaker 1: Like our parties were the random group of twenty kids that you end up with at the end of the night, so like so fun.
Speaker 3: We always were just getting into the dumbest shit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel like you Like, so I went to Altuna for two years, so low ki, I know, I know both sides of that, and like I'm literally grinning, like that was so fun, Like you walk into an apartment and everyone knows each other, Like it's.
Speaker 4: Just it's funny.
Speaker 3: Because we were out this weekend and we were at garage on a Saturday night, Garage and fish Town, like it was all college.
Speaker 4: Kids but like, which was crazy. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: But then Lindsay was like I don't understand this. I'm like, cause you didn't. I'm like, you didn't go to school in Philly. I'm like for them, like this is like this is coolest, feel like this is their night, Like I feel like if they came from Temple it's not a hike, but like, this is their night out. The garage is pretty cool if you were a college like kid. But we went to what like Franklin's.
Speaker 1: Well, in the city, we used to go to Frankie Bradley's all the time.
Speaker 4: Like that was like our like a getaway.
Speaker 3: But like I was like honestly cheering up, and I'm like, damn, like this looks really fit.
Speaker 4: I know I'm old now, but them young men, the young in college.
Speaker 3: I go ahead, was on a swivel for cutting. It apparent you get a big jump read brink read blanken ship is apparently there.
Speaker 6: Oh come on, I couldn't see him.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so crazy to me, dude, you can meet girls anywhere. Like, why you're a super Bowl champion, why are you at garage?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm like it was same.
Speaker 4: I thought, you're getting mad.
Speaker 3: That's just so ridiculous. It's like, damn, I was on there.
Speaker 2: I said, our friend Caitlin's the bartender.
Speaker 6: She goes, oh, read whatever, I don't even know his last name is Yar.
Speaker 4: I go, who's that? Did?
Speaker 6: She pointed to a cea of white man. I said, well, we're.
Speaker 3: Never gonna find them, Like I don't know where he's at.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I had to give like a real piece of like college advice, it would be like use your network and like the friends you meet, Like I feel like, I I don't know. I feel like, don't be picky when you're meeting people, or if someone invites you to do something, like take the opportunity, because like they might not be your forever friend, but you might meet someone through them that ends up being your friend. And I feel like I had so many like when I transferred into Philly, and I transferred in halfway through freshman year, but I lived in junior housing, so I had no freshman friends and I didn't even have any sophomore friends. My roommates were juniors, and like I was, it was just a really weird situation.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I had a really hard time making friends my freshman year.
Speaker 1: And I had a shitty ex boyfriend who didn't introduce me to anyone and we went to the same school but whatever. So I had a really hard time making friends freshman year because I didn't have any opportunities to meet people, and I had a few friends that brought me out and through them is how I met everyone that I like became friends with a no now.
Speaker 5: So honestly, if your roommate invites you out, or the girl in your class.
Speaker 1: Invites you out, like take it, it might it might be a normal night, or it could be a night that you meet like your forever friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought Casey was stealing a girl I was friends with, and I said, oh, who's the blonde girl?
Speaker 4: And now I'm dead? Okay, I feel like that, like about covers it. What's on everyone's FYP?
Speaker 2: Mine's about I need to bring up college again?
Speaker 4: Oh Isy darnel.
Speaker 7: Now I'm not well versed in the scandal, the drama all that, and I don't want to be. I want to admire that girl in the way that I admire her without knowing any background.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 7: Hear about her past, anything she may or may not have said about any certain groups, Like I don't care. I think that she is so fun, like she's the epitome of like party girl, Like she is just like a blast.
Speaker 2: I love watching her videos. I love it. It's like my little secret that I'm telling all of you. She go do Bama question mark.
Speaker 7: Her sister was like the you know, the girl is like, don't have a great day or a good day, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Whatever, like the og Yeah it's her sister.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, I know, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: What about you? Are you still on negative TikTok.
Speaker 4: Or I'm on Love Island TikTok right now? And I just made a video about it because a lot of shit's going on with that cast. I don't know if you guys saw.
Speaker 8: The current season, yeah, or like this season, just like I think Pepe cheating on IRIS. I knew that much the show, but I just made a video today in general, just like I feel like that must be the most overwhelming experience to like get off that show and then try to walk into real life. Like I cannot imagine, because like while you're on the show, you have no access to anything, and then like you get back and you're like trying to understand everything and like you just are cat like. And I guess I witnessed it firsthand to because like I saw the whole cast at the Rare beauty event in la and like literally we're at an event for Selena Gomez and everyone's attention turned to the cast of Love Island. Because that's just how like like Selena.
Speaker 4: Was freaking out. She's like, oh my god, and like took a picture with them, Like I just like look at them, and I'm like that must be so like amazing and grateful, like great, but like also so overwhelming. Like thirty days ago, you were just an average person walking the street, and then you went on this show, and now you are like fully thrust into like fame. Like they're all signing to agencies and they're all signing to like talent it like management, and I'm just like they don't even like know what they're doing, Like it's crazy, and it's like it's not like a gradual thing when you're like a singer or like an actor, a sports player or even an influencer, where like it kind of comes gradually and you can adjust as is it's like all at once, So like I don't know, I was just like getting overwhelmed for them.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have a friend who was on a reality TV show, and I remember when she came off of the reality TV show because like you said, you don't have access to phones or the outside world. She was like, it is so easy to just get so engulfed in the show, Like I feel like you watch reality TV shows and you're like, how does this girl date this man? Like how does she actually think she loves him? How does And when you're in the show and you have no access to the outside world and all that anyone talks about is the environment that you're in, it is so easy to believe that that's real life. And I feel like that has to be hard too, Like they have these relationships and they have these situations in the show that are super real to them. Everyone in the world is obsessing over them, and then they come out of it, and like, how do you convince yourself that that was just a TV show and that like you're you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that probably is such a weird transition. Well that makes me wonder about like I'm sorry, you guys have seen the Janney and Kenny Yeah stuff, Like I mean, I would love to know what's going on with that. But that's also crazy, like that someone that's mixed to the top final three who like doesn't like the girlfriend that they're with, and it's a cloud chaser for that, and like that's a whole.
Speaker 4: So it's like, are you you were just.
Speaker 3: Playing a game the whole time on the show too, Like that's insane to me.
Speaker 7: Brandon and I were talking about that, and Brandon was like, she posted a video saying that she was doing well and like that she was moving on. But it's like I literally cannot imagine something like that happening to me and having to share it with the public. Like we all felt like we deserved answers from like both her and Kenny, and like, at the end of the day, she's just a person who honestly, what happened to her is like, in my opinion, the worst thing that has I've ever heard, Like it is one of the most diabolical situations, And like I just can't imagine having to even like post a video being like I'm fine. It's like girly, like it's okay if you're not fine, Like what what happened to you is? Like she deserves a thousand hugs, Like I just yikes, so shitty.
Speaker 3: My FYP, as you guys are, probably is teelor Swift because we're recording this on Monday, August twenty fifth, and that girl dropped another countdown for another Violent Will cover. And while we are so grateful and pankful us a fucking song, Like, but I did see this.
Speaker 6: These countdowns are an Easter egg or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think they keep going from like counting down at four hours, three hours, two hours, one like it's gonna she has a pattern with us, so we'll see. But I was hoping today would be a single for Labor Day weekend, Like yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm not talking. This is the long ast.
Speaker 4: I mean, the album.
Speaker 3: Rollout process for this one is a little different. I feel like just all these vinyls, I just want like something.
Speaker 7: I was gonna ask you, I was gonna say, what do you mean by like what would the East Egg be?
Speaker 4: But I guess a song that's something.
Speaker 2: It has to be else, something like something else?
Speaker 6: It would it be merch?
Speaker 4: You can't sell merch before. I'm kind of not ready for a song, Like I'm kind of like okay with it. It's taking some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe she went because Sabrina Carpenter's album.
Speaker 4: Is coming out Friday or the end of Tea or something like that. I'm it's not that I'm not, It's all it always goes back to the fans like I'm just not ready for all that right now, like.
Speaker 5: The immediate like lyric breakdowns ten minutes.
Speaker 4: After the album talks like everything like uh, and I ever feel like every time with her, like whatever. The first single of the album is by the time the actual album comes out, I hate that song. By that point, I'm like, oh my god. Skip.
Speaker 3: But that's why I kind of like when artists like just drop it. Yeah, certain artists don't, like they just drop that full thing. It's like, damn, I can really listen to this now.
Speaker 2: I need a single or two. Really really, I need a single.
Speaker 7: Your single will literally tell you how the album is going to be, and I'm I stand on that. Like some people are like that single was really bad, Yeah, so was the album. It's rare that I hear a bad first drop and maybe a bad second one.
Speaker 2: I feel like that happened with post Malone.
Speaker 7: I don't know what I'm thinking of, but I feel like I remember hearing a Post Malone single and I was like, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: And then I heard the second one and I was like, wait, this blows.
Speaker 7: I hate it and I loved the album so like the second one yeah, but the first one.
Speaker 1: I feel like Taylor almost always like, I feel like that the singles she picks are never my favorite off the album, and like I usually don't like them because I feel like she and not her exclusively, But I feel like artists usually try to pick their singles that like apply to the masses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like less them.
Speaker 1: And then their album is like, you know, more whatever style they're going for. So I'm like curious to see what she's gonna pick and if it's gonna be like applying to the masses or if it's gonna be more like true to the album. But this is a pop album, so we heard, so like I feel like maybe all of them will be kind of like that's true trendy. I saw this TikTok that was saying that Taylor Swift is like the reason that so many guys like hate on her and have takes on her and have something to say about her is because she's like one of the few and she's not the only one. Because it's definitely the year of the past few years has been like the year of girly pop, but like she's one of the few artists that does not care about the male gaze. Like everything Taylor does is for like females from a female perspective, for females, for like women, and like, I feel like guys are just used to having it be like through the mail gaze and we're definitely phasing out of that in like music. But I was like, wow, that makes sense because everyone has something to say about her.
Speaker 3: I never realized, Wow, I just listened to this like singles, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: Doja cat?
Speaker 3: Like I feel like we haven't heard from her in a minute. Love her music. She just came out with a single for her new album, is it popa Rap?
Speaker 4: It's like eighties glam.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard a teaser of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why are they doing that?
Speaker 3: It's like it's very like the album for I mean the cover forwards like very prince esque, like purple.
Speaker 4: Rain, so like it has that.
Speaker 3: It's like I could vibe to it like on a certain you have to be in a certain setting, like you want to be maybe be in a car with the rooftop. Like it's a very certain vibe. It's like an eighties but it's like not like the Tia Tamara.
Speaker 2: No, Like I get this is like a passion.
Speaker 7: I've talked about this on the pod before, Like I hated Lizzo my entire existence. I roasted her any opportunity God, because I found her to be obnoxious. I didn't think that she was playing into the person that she actually was. And then I heard that she rapped, and I said, oh wait, Lizzo has a talent, a secret talent but none of us have ever known about. And I'm telling you, I like listened to her like Little Rap Drop album on Spotify on a regular basis. Doja Cat is so multi fact, Like she is so talented and can do so many things.
Speaker 3: Whoever is managing her?
Speaker 7: Like her team giving her an eighties pop album?
Speaker 2: No, it's that's not it I have. I barely even heard the whole song.
Speaker 7: Like I heard a little snippet and I was like, I feel like I'm walking around h and M in a bad room.
Speaker 3: I maybe think it's just a song because I saw she was on TikTok live and like she like plays some for music and it was not sounded like that, thank you.
Speaker 6: So I'm thinking maybe.
Speaker 4: It's just one off. She just needed something for the girls for the summer. I hope so ye who knows.
Speaker 1: Any on slic said Racks honestly Sugared and Bronze and Fishtown or Northern Liberties. I have been going there so much, even in the summer, and they have like the nicest staff.
Speaker 3: I went to the one in the Center City too, and they're great. But if you're in Philly, I feel like Sugar and Bronze is the place to go for spray tans. They last so long, they're so nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, you are bare naked in front of someone and most of the time I go high, so it is a very awkward experience and they are just so nice and kind and I'm like, wow, this like to just walk in and just be butt naked in front of a strangers and they're spraying. They're like my favorite move is not my favorite. But when you're turning around and you're like, they're like, squat and stick your butt out so they can spray underneath your butt cheeks, I'm like, you're really getting in there, like talking about in it. Yeah, you're really like spraying everything. And they're so nice and kind. So that's why I'm solicited wreck.
Speaker 4: They do a great job.
Speaker 3: Yeah anything else this podcast?
Speaker 4: Yeah are YouTube.
Speaker 1: We're really close to three thousand subscribers. If you're not subscribed to or YouTube mm hmm go.
Speaker 3: Please sum September September back when.
Speaker 4: Wow with that. Keep it between us girlies and