Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: One of the things I keep getting on my Instagram account. By the way, we want you to follow The Eagle on Instagram. Ninety seven point one The Eagle, The Bennett Skin Show has an Instagram account. We all have our own personal Instagram accounts. We want to interact with the own social media. One of the things that we see outside of butts is cooking stuff. And one of my favorite things is when you see people cooking these pepperonis and they're cooking. They just got a ton of them, just like I see of Pepperoni's, and they're cooking them and you can see the grease on them, and they're just looking gorgeous and they're perfectly cooked, and then they just start laying them all over a pizza. And when I think of delicious pizza, I think of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location of Andrews in the entire city of Dallas. Fort Worth and Dallas Morning News readers have voted and they named it the best pizzeria in all of the metroplex. Now they've mastered Dallas Style Pizza, which is their own Chicago style, Detroit tavern style, and New York style. You can go to one place in Plano and get the best pizza your life, any style you want. Skin wirefolks flocking there because.
Speaker 3: They know they've heard. They want to put that pizza in their mouth. Man Detroit style pizza is so damn good, you go. Nohing's better than this. Oh my god, maybe that Chicago pizza right there on the next table is better than this. It's also good. They also got great pasta dishes at an awesome bar. We love it Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen right there at Preston and Plato Parkway in Plaano.
Speaker 4: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: So Everyboddy Pete Friedman works over at Channel eight and he did post this online. This is from the six o'clock broadcast on WFAA, the newscast, and it's a Cynthia A Zagatre and Pete Delcas and on the gang. Are you This is not the this is not the headlining feature. This is the opening act, letting you guys know. But my question is, does Cynthia know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That song really is an earworm? It has been stuck in my head since before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Tell me the lyrics.
Speaker 3: A minor.
Speaker 4: Now, Look, I don't know the rest. I don't know the rest of the context because I couldn't find it, and because on my YouTube TV that I have, I don't record the Channel six, the six PM news. I do record the ten so I have every Channel eight ten pm broadcast and I'm glad that I have it because that's what happened at six. Now does she know?
Speaker 2: You think she she just knows that's a that's the lyrics. She understands that. She doesn't know that he's rapping about pedophilia.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think what I distinguished newswoman, you would expect.
Speaker 3: No, here's what I took out.
Speaker 4: I do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think she knew what that was about. But what I think Pete was doing was what Bob sterm used to do. And someone said they're Dallas Cowboys, saying.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, who was the backup offensive guard in the nineteen seventy two team?
Speaker 3: Then, right, I think what Pete was doing is oh really it's an earworm, all right? So what are the lyrics? That's kind of what I okay?
Speaker 4: But which when people do that, and I think when people do that Christina did it the other day, it really exposes them, like where have you been?
Speaker 3: Don't you expose her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That song really is an earworm. It has been stuck in my head since before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Tell me the lyrics.
Speaker 3: A minor.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I don't know what happened after that, and that's what drives me nuts.
Speaker 3: Can I say something about that too?
Speaker 4: I now record the six PM Get Right News because of what we're about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something else about that though. So there was a moment the other day where I heard my wife in the other room and at the exact moment I heard in my head, I heard her.
Speaker 2: Go Bana.
Speaker 3: Like that has been in my head NonStop, just NonStop.
Speaker 4: I sat there breaking guitar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just over and over and over. So I don't know if that's what Cynthia was talking about, because I don't know what else would be the ear like earworms usually a melody, right, but that little riff is in my head all the damn time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't get away from it. Well, now we go to the ten pm. Look, I don't know, it's a it's kind of a weird thing. They sitting there and they get ready, they're they're done at six thirty. So three and a half hours were rewriting some stories. I mean they're they're redoing some of these stories.
Speaker 3: Dell used to go to the bar for three hours, right, nx iner So.
Speaker 4: But because delcas is a highly paid and well known figure in this market, they bring him on early in the broadcast and then a little mix and mingle for a minute, and then we'll throw and then he'll can do he can do his his spiel, his OK.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's a talented show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But he is the Luca of that squad. He is there, Michael Jordan. He is the marquee guy. He's the highest paid player. He is the eight hundred pound gorilla in the market. So you're saying he's going to get traded in the middle of the night. Let me say one more thing too. I saw what I think You're about to play live. I me and my wife watched it and as we were watching us like are you watching this?
Speaker 3: And we rewound it. But let me also say this, after hearing that other clip you played, I'm wondering if this is a totally different incident than whatever. Yeah we heard.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know, so you need to know that it is. Cynthia is a gidding and Chris I want to say, Chris, Chris, Chris is great. You don't know his names. They're venturing a little bit, and Pete as they're talking, is just kind of looking down.
Speaker 3: Okay, then this is what I saw.
Speaker 6: Speaking of traveling, I want to give a shout out to Jason Whiteley. I'm planning a trip to Houston to go to NASA, and you know, read all about it and see all about it, and he really put together a really nice itinerary for me.
Speaker 3: Haven't you lived here your whole life?
Speaker 6: Not in Houston?
Speaker 4: He lived in Houston. Huh, you've never been to Houston.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been there a couple of times with texts.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got it. Okay, I thought it was going on that you meant for the first time. Okay, that makes sense. Okay, yes, thanks Jason. Has he lived there for a long time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Haley joys Our producer, Haley, I want you to know that none of this. She could have done this in a text or a phone call to Jason. Are talking about in the newsroom. So my time starts right now. Let me show you what's happening about there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should I.
Speaker 5: Tell you just the random stuff that comes out of her mouth?
Speaker 3: Grand Prairie, an inch and a quarter.
Speaker 5: I was at this event today at the Dallas Women's Club, and I had so many people ask me, do you actually like Cynthia? No, and of course I do. I said, she has just this endearing quality. I'm still looking for it, but yes, of course I like Cynthia. And what I told some of the ladies today was, you wouldn't believe what she says to me during a commercial break. I'm certain that her pastor would not be happy about that. But I have a forgiving heart and inch a quarter in Grand Prairie. That's so much Raine. That's what's picked up since yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, what.
Speaker 4: I listen, it's sarcasm, but in a very dry way.
Speaker 2: He's hilarious. Yeah, and so he is. Yeah, he's bringing the funny.
Speaker 4: My time he said it though, he said, my time is time. We know they think about it this way too.
Speaker 3: So let me let me so, first of all, it's different because we actually know Pete and know he's a very funny guy, and that's how he jokes like that. He does the same thing to me and Ben, like in just very tiny small amounts when we're with him, right, he kicks us in the nuts.
Speaker 2: And that was his beautiful chemistry with Dale. Yes, same thing. They just kicked each other in the nuts.
Speaker 3: But the reason this kind of struck me as weird is as I was watching it, I was looking at Pete's face, is like, he seems very disinterested and unhappy in what's happening, Right, He's.
Speaker 4: Looking down and bored with their conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he's the first thing out of his mouth was kind of the effect of, Hey, this is my time.
Speaker 4: Because he lived there for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Haley joys our producer, Haley, I want you to know that none of this she could have done this in a text or a phone call to Jason or talking up in the newsroom.
Speaker 4: So my time switch. By the way, he's right, he is right in the news room. The fact that she's going that Jason, their coworker, Jason, he's great.
Speaker 3: By the way if you on the money.
Speaker 4: That I was wonderful, But the fact that he gave her some hot spots in town is not that interesting. But we need to know about the edge of rain that Grand Prairie got, or.
Speaker 5: A phone call to Jason, or talk you up in the newsroom. So my time starts right now. Let me show you what's hap. Yeah, let me tell you just the random stuff that comes out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: Let's circle back now. Then he circles back. Yeah, standing in front of a weather map. But if you listen, she's laughing in the background. And I don't think it's nervous laughter. I think it's like them messing with you. They have great chemistry. He's one of the funniest dudes in town. She's got a big, bubbly, fun personality. So they're just kicking each other in the crotch, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt, No, it was. It's all it's all fun. We're all friends here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Look, there's a lot of good ones. But I would like to play this classic clip from Cynthia though, just for fun. Are you guys good with this?
Speaker 3: Always?
Speaker 6: I'm going to interview Eric Wyhan Mayn, who climbed the highest mountain in the world, mount evers. But he's gay. I mean he's gay. Excuse me, he's blind.
Speaker 3: That is amazing good. That is my favorite news story ever. And now anytime I meet a gay or a blind person, I think they're the other.
Speaker 2: And so if somebody says this is my friend they're blind, You're like, wait, oh, do you mean gay?
Speaker 4: Like I always think that Christina lead singer and Uncle Pizza is really gay.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a combo player and just blind.
Speaker 4: Okay, but he's down for whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So does a gay blind person equal themselves out? So one I don't know, here's the other cancel themselves out. I've heard here's Yeah, that's probably all themselves out. Here's the thing that I think threw Pete off to. In Cynthia's scenario, she was going to go to Houston and when she got there, read about that.
Speaker 4: She said, read about and see about about some things there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like equaling herself out while counseling canceling herself out.
Speaker 2: He's a baseball player, right, I mean he's got a baseball background. Yeah, he's a baseball player. He's got a baseball background. She was not bringing the heat on that it was not her fastball. I think she's always bringing this. You're saying, that's good chemistry though they joking.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Coming up next the only segment of Today that shan to be podcast of the Today Game, right here in the benett Kin Show on The Eagle