Speaker 1: You guys may not know this.
Speaker 2: I wrote a book not Got over a decade ago, and the book was really about a changing consumer landscape that was happening in the restaurant industry. It was all about social and next generation technology. So it has been and I've been going around this for quite some time. Of course, we have been covering the topic of what McDonald's is doing for quite some time because they were the natural next evolution for possibly Web three components. And I think this is just the beginning. There's going to be a lot more of them that will go in that direction. But if you guys want to check those videos out, here's what's happening with McDonald's. I want to showcase this right here. This is their x account four point seven million followers, and guess what they just dropped right there, drinking out of a mcafe and doodles exclusively starting right now on the eighteenth, So just around the corner here we will have these available now. Doodles, as we all know, is a Web three NFT project. How is all this going to be tied in to McDonald's. I think this is all built around a brand IP component.
Speaker 1: When you jump over to find a little bit more about this.
Speaker 2: This is the McDonald's Dot Doodles dot app This is McDonald's main app and of course the cool thing right here is the integration. This is something that we've talked about quite a bit, and that is for any major company like McDonald's or others to really roll something out in this next generation tech, you've got to do it in your main line features of how you're communicating to the customer, and that is what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So kudo's McDonald's right there.
Speaker 2: There's going to be digital apparel for your characters that is eventually going to move to a physical component. Hence the whole idea around figitals and of course the way they're doing it is with these collectors. So here's a good example. They're also made some crazy rare enamel pins. These are going to both be physical and digital tied up into Again, brands starting to understand what this means in terms of building IP and consumer connectivity. I say it all the time, is it is the next generation of where marketing is going to be going for big brands and really any brand for that matter. But definitely kudos to McDonald's. This one is a big one. I think this will be one that will be easily one. Here's a good example. This is one of the team leads at McDonald's. All their digital components will be traded within the Doodles app, the studio app, and that of course is all writing on base, which is something we talk about here a lot in terms of the base growth. The other thing that's going to play into this is how they advertise it. This is the in store kiosk program within McDonald's. So this is a big deal because it's exposing the massive millions of people to what is going on right here. And I think this will start to create a lot of curiosity around how this program is going to work. This could be a big one for sure. The other thing is is the way that they're going to go out and really kind of expose this. And this is talking about a new kind of collaboration. They're going to call out a test, but it's talking about one hundred million cups. Now, this is pretty significant. One hundred million people, even a very small fraction go out and explore the app on Doodles. It's going to expose them to the base ecosystem. We all know what that means. Ethereum is playing into this as well. I want to go to a clip real quick, because this is the how the collectible cups went viral.
Speaker 1: Take a look.
Speaker 3: McDonald's is currently giving away these collectible cups honoring classic Happy Meal toys like the Teeny Babies, Jurassic Park cups, and Trek toys. The catch is that you'll just be given this cup in an opaque blue bag, so you won't know which cup you're getting exactly. This seller is pricing the Hello Kitty Snoopy cup for forty five dollars, which is pretty crazy because these things are actually selling for more than the original Jurassic Park cups that they were paying tribute.
Speaker 2: To those cups that I just talked about right there. This is what saved their Q three earnings, so take a look.
Speaker 4: We acknowledged that our performance so far this year has fallen short of expectations, with negative global COMP sales for the quarter amid a challenging in history environment. However, US COMP sales were positive for the third quarter.
Speaker 5: Recently, we launched the Collector's Edition campaign and drove high checked full margin traffic into our restaurants and giving customers more reason to purchase core menu items. The campaign drove customers to our restaurants, especially in the US Collector's edition maximize the power and scale of our global brand while ensuring local flexibility and cultural relevance to connect fans in unexpected ways. Similarly, the UK's near sellout of the Grimace Shake promotion in forty eight hours is proof that when we share and scale world class ideas across markets, we can maximize impact investing in innovation and pairing that with fresh marketing ideas.
Speaker 2: All right, So I think McDonald's came to a realization here, and that is that collectibles are our thing. It is going to be something that they're going to be a part of from a BRANDIGP delivery point going forward. They are going to have to figure out how to scale this though, and I think the only way it scales is to move it into digital.
Speaker 1: That's where Doodles comes in. Doodle's Studio moves to base.
Speaker 2: We talked about this not too long ago on Magic Eaten just to give an example.
Speaker 1: This is what Doodles is doing.
Speaker 2: After the launch and the relationship with McDonald's, I anticipate we're probably going to see a lot of movement on the NFT project itself. I'm going to go to another clip here and this will get into a little bit more detail on Doodle CEO saying, hey, get ready to watch this.
Speaker 6: We have over two hundred and sixty million views on YouTube this year. Like that's massive. No one in Web three comes even close to that. This product that we've developed in the Doodle studio, Like, we're over forty thousand users now in very short order. So what you can expect from us more entertainment product, some massive brand partnerships that's going to get not just everybody in Web three excited, but people far and wide around the world.
Speaker 2: The potential for an extension of the brand itself. The collaborations are going to start pouring in, but I think you're going to see a handful of others that will also make their way into the market.
Speaker 1: Here's one to be thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Grimas may be the endplay here, and I'll explain that in a second. This is what they serve on a daily basis right there, eight million cups of coffee a day. They're testing this with one hundred million, so you're talking basically about.
Speaker 1: Two weeks of supply.
Speaker 2: This could go viral so fast and could become the next evolution of how brands truly start to tack into this. This is what I think is huge and why it matters. But donald also is doing a drop of their first reviewsable cups. Now this isn't necessarily the answer, and I'll explain it in a second, but the idea is is they're looking at reusable cups as a collectible. They're probably going to tie this in. I think the real question here is how do they figure out scale. We've talked about it a couple of times. Scale is one of the biggest things that you have to be able to do, so much so that Pepsi, Starbucks all looking at the same thing reusable cups. Let's go go this direction. If you're looking at brand ip, though, the delivery of that can only go so far because eventually you're going to be looking at problems with plastic in general. That's not going to be something that the next generation is going to be fond of. It's also already being attacked in many other countries. Global companies like Starbucks and McDonald's are definitely going to face some headwinds on all of that. I want to go to this right here, because this is the vice president of marketing over at McDonald's explaining a little bit more about this program.
Speaker 1: Take a look. Can you talk about a career highlight for you?
Speaker 7: I took my mom in South Africa, she's from, of course, a different generation, and we stopped at a McDonald's and when we walked into the McDonald's I was like, this is my cup and she was like, yell is whatever. I know you work at McDonald's. Let's just get some coffee. I was like, no, no, no, this is the cup that I designed. They carried that US design international and I didn't realize that at the time. It was a career moment for me.
Speaker 6: The business impact of the Grima's birthday was significant and sustained, and you could actually measure that correct.
Speaker 7: Yes, can't reveal numbers, but we saw our fans starting to talk about Grimace more on our behalf. It started within our adult happy meal that we had. People got really excited about those characters again. We started running out and the fans were like, it's okay. McDonald's is always about assured supply or for the years I've been here, it's always been about a shared supply, where the consumer behavior is changing to where it is okay to have scarcity, okay to run out on certain things. Now we're not going to run out of a big Mac. It allowed us to enter the conversation in a more authentic way, and I am excited to see how that voice is going to continue to grow and continue to shape what is going on in the industry. Whatever it is. There is just something right now that is happening, and it's been happening in the little parts, but now it's like it's unleashed, unconstrained, and I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: That, all right, So I'm in agreement with her. I'm excited about it too. And remember that Grimace, I think is still the cornerstone of where a digital ip could extend. For McDonald's, one of the few that are out there that could really win big. We've talked about this many times. We did a whole video on what we thought. All right, all right, hopefully this gives you a little bit of a breakdown on this. I think you're going to see a lot more of these kinds of collaborations. This may just be the very beginning with McDonald's and many others, but Scalability is going to be very critical here, and I think that's where digital becomes reality.