Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Tuesday, October fifteenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I haven't said this yet, but it's Filipino American History Month. Why haven't you sent me five dollars yet? We're gonna stop the show until you do.
Speaker 3: What's this, guys?
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 3: I don't forget his vembo?
Speaker 4: Okay at okay, now that's see it.
Speaker 2: Conrine jam all right, and welcome to the John BombCast. My name is Jana Cholla, Episode eight hundred and sixty two. You don't have to send five bucks, just the kind on the mouth through the internet. That's right. I'm waiting.
Speaker 4: Also, all right, beautiful, I was trying to send the Filipino flag, but I don't know how to find that, so uh, there you go.
Speaker 2: I actually have to send me five dollars. What the fuck?
Speaker 5: Yeah, fantastic, Continue this podcast till upset fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Nope, stop stop shoot sending me money. This was a bit.
Speaker 4: I know your venmo is at Dan Riker.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, to be a fun goof what.
Speaker 3: Was the thing in school where they would I know we haven't introduced anybody yet, but that like they would pin money to their shirt. I would see that I was never cool enough to be a participant in that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, don't worry. When, if, if, and when I eventually get married, y'all are obviously going to be invited, and then y'all are going to partake in the money dance. Uh Mike, Well yeah, there, don't worry. There'll be a giant pig there and it'll be like hosted.
Speaker 3: It's going to be great. That's like a pig running around you.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll have that too, maybe too. Okay, folks, welcome to John Bodcast Episodes, Episode eight hundred and sixty two, Power by sixty. I'm your host, Jannet Show and joining me co captain of the ship. That's right. He is carrying, uh, the roast pig on his shoulders. Solo dolo, Jeff Crubb.
Speaker 3: That's right, ink oinc. I got it right here. Very happy to be here, Jan ready to rock and roll after a long weekend.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's right. We got mister long weekend himself, chilling maxon and relaxing. He's on his tummy feet kicking in the air, the optimal podcasting position.
Speaker 4: Dan Reichert, that's right, I'll be doing this whole podcast in an upward facing dog position and a child.
Speaker 3: Here's a proper with the promise with them, Mike, we could hear all your grunts and I'm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, uncomfortable this whole time. Get ready for some grunting.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, get ready for some grunting the good giant bomb motto. And speaking about grunting, he's he's he's grunting, he's huffing, he's puffing because he's he's got that dog in him. He's the meanest man in games media, the bad boy of games media. As we all say, Mike Manai, it's me.
Speaker 3: I'm really mean and angry. Uh.
Speaker 5: I had to work yesterday, What the heck? You all three got some time off and sun.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't respect indigenous people. It's not I didn't even bother.
Speaker 4: I had to listen to Mike Mahrty talk about wine for a long time. That's not little time.
Speaker 3: So what I actually sympathized with, I'm so.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I didn't bother to check if we actually had yesterday off. I just didn't show up or turn on my computer.
Speaker 3: That's how it works, right, I'm pretty sure that's how most holidays work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they specifically set a message being like, to be clear, we do not have Monday off, so I couldn't feign ignorance.
Speaker 2: Nuts, folks, boys, how's everyone doing? How's everyone good to three day weekend? Except for Mike? You just had a weekend?
Speaker 3: Just every weekend?
Speaker 2: Everyone, Okay, everyone, It was just a week.
Speaker 5: And then yesterday I had to watch the Yankees beat the Guardians after I had to explain to Dan that no, that Guardian or the in the Yankees are not America's sweetheart. Hell no, they are the worst, and we all hate them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone hates Yankees. The thing I know about the Yankees is the time to Punk and Sina were refuting and he's like, you've become the thing you've hate, you hate you, You've become the New York Yankees, and immediately punched him in the face.
Speaker 5: It was the one time it was like something got the Sina and he didn't just brush it off a go, that's a fine speech.
Speaker 3: So it tells you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that tells you how awful it is to be compared to the Yankees. I was looking it up yesterday. The team with the second most World Series wins.
Speaker 3: I think it was like the Cardinals with eleven Cordinals, Yeah, Smith Smith. And then number one is the Yankees with twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, was that before when like they only had five baseball teams.
Speaker 5: They went a lot early on, but they like they still they won like a bunch in the seventies, and they've won a couple in the eighties, nineties, and odds they just didn't win any like since two thousand and nine, which for them is like a horrible drought. Give me a break. Oh well, they spend three times as much as our team on salaries.
Speaker 3: Oh, I usually am not like, all right, random be where we got? I don't I'm not a sports hater persones, why can't we beat him?
Speaker 4: Why does he know a song about the Yankees?
Speaker 3: Because it's from the musical Those Damn Yankees, which we did in high school. We did well Bowen, you were there and you were there too.
Speaker 2: So I went camping over the weekend, and I enjoy being out in the wilderness boys, you know, disassociating in the woods.
Speaker 5: Do you start a fire? Dinis at the Fire Metroit, George Floyd.
Speaker 4: I saw a picture of Mike Naughty buy a fire, thinking about life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how's your fire? Jan? Hey, okay, we gotta post.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Mike was making a reference to a song. He wasn't just randomly saying Metroy George Floyd. Yes, okay, to be clear, right.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, okay, all right, okay, right, because because not everyone is as online as as as we are, I got.
Speaker 4: Everyone online knows everything, Like how I hate Maria Party historically?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you've never enjoyed that game. Ever. Hey, pro tip, if you are setting up a camp stove and screwing in your little propane tank, don't do it upside down, and don't do it directly next to another camp stove, and don't then ask me to uh screw it in while the other camp stove is in because you can't get the thread to latch.
Speaker 3: Did you explode? I singed you dead?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, fine, fine, I'll concede there Dan, only in the camping situation. But I singed off part of my my chin hair and part of my mustache. It was a giant flame. And then like the kids that were there were like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, uncle Jan, your fire was bigger than this campfire.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, kids, well go the fuck over there because I need to calm down for a bit anyway. Sorry, I haven't hung out with like normal people in an extended time amount of time, like I I just haven't even like I've seen my like regular decular friends in a hot minute. So it was very odd for me to hang out with normal people because I didn't know how to talk to them because we lived such weird lives. So I resorted to just asking the mic check questions. I did not. I did not resort to the favorite star line. But I was like Joe, hot dogs or burgers, you know, what's that deal? And then I would just go around this stupid fucking table as we're all playing dominoes. Because I don't know how to talk to people. It's become a problem.
Speaker 4: God, you kept saying when you were done through meals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also I kept saying I couldn't not say shoot and work, and then I had to explained.
Speaker 3: That that one's really take. I cannot say real anymore.
Speaker 4: No, it's impossible, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it. Like we were, remember hanging out the the those ladies at PAS that work at the developing company, and they kept saying, you're serving the C word. I can't stay And it was like, I don't know what they're saying. I don't know what they mean. I kind of pieced it together pretty quickly, but it was like this rules. I love that they're just talking to me in their own language. How fun is this. I get to feel like, oh, they're they're including me in their little click And it made me want to double think about this recently, maybe when it doubled down on saying shoot and work and hezo and all that.
Speaker 4: So oh no, yeah, I thought we decided this like a year ago.
Speaker 2: Absolutely think yeah, even then.
Speaker 3: And then uh.
Speaker 2: I someone asked like, hey, Jude, you want whiskey in your coffee this morning? And I just look at him, go amen, brother, brother. Uh he's just looking at me like is that a yes? You? Oh?
Speaker 3: Come on, how could it possibly be a no?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just kept I just kept saying, brother, and shoot and work. My brain is broken. We have giant bomb has developed our own specific brain rot within the bigger brain rot of the internet. And then I couldn't sleep one of the nights camping because you know, being too high in the woods, you just get paranoid. And then I I like, I was just staring at the top of my tent, and then I just I came to this conclusion, and I find this safe. This is a safe space because I trust you, gentlemen, I trust our audience. I think Giant Bomb is a hot dog website. I think we're a very hot dog forward group.
Speaker 4: Elaborate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think we're burger people. I think we're hot dog people.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, Literally twenty minutes ago I bought I went to a burger place, White Man of Burger in Hackensack, New Jersey, and I had three cheeseburgers right before this podcast. I love that.
Speaker 5: They're definitely a burger person.
Speaker 3: I don't know three Like, how big are these cheeseburgers.
Speaker 4: They're like they're like slider type things. It's like the best White had. Anyone who knows White Man of Burger, it's it's like the best burger period had three of them and fries.
Speaker 2: And I enjoy smash burgers and I will eat burgers more often than I ever eat a hot dog. But as a collective, I think we're a hot dog.
Speaker 3: I think I think here's how it is because everyone that eats meat likes burgers, I think. But it's like, but burgers are like Kermit the Frog, where it's like that's everyone's favorite muppet, of course, but what's your real favorite muppet? And I think, like, very quickly we get to hot dog, where a lot of other people wouldn't even mention hot dog.
Speaker 4: I love hot dogs, but given the choice, I think cheese applies better to a burger. Yeah, so I'm gonna go with the burger because it's a better vessel for.
Speaker 5: You don't like mustard, which really limits really enjoy hot dogs?
Speaker 3: You've never had it?
Speaker 4: Yeah you can. You can't laugh at that. You don't get to laugh at that.
Speaker 3: I tried.
Speaker 5: Those are the things I don't like.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I say we're a hot dog website because you know, there's there. I had that chili dog in the back. And then whenever I think of grub and I think of grub and food, I think of two plain hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sheets was adding us this weekend, so.
Speaker 4: It's like too cowardly to give the real answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: And then there's that old shirt with klappic of him in a hot dog costume. That's a fun shirt. I think that.
Speaker 4: I think I wore that once, like making Mario stream once, and then people kept buying the hot dog shirt again and we had to like restock the Patrick hot dog shirt long after he left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should put that back on the We should put that back on the store.
Speaker 3: Hot Dog week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Patrick might get some points on that one.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, yeah, come on, god, yeah, let's do that. Let's do that. Any anyone else got anything else they want to chat about? Get off their chest. This is this is the therapy half hour of the show. That voicemail dunk.
Speaker 3: I was just very amused. We got a discord message from Dan where he just said what appeared to be the most innocuous screenshot possible of metaphor you Fatasio, And he was like, this is ninety seconds in with like the subtext. People like, can't you believe this? Stupid indefense of Dan. Here's what it says, scheming man, He's fantasy limited to the confines of imagination. Would you call it a powerless creation? Fuck out of here?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You grow. I'm like, there's no way that's a metaphor, because that's bad writing. Writing.
Speaker 4: Cup Grup me love this I went in because everyone loves this game. You know. I A Bianca started that she's loving it and everything. I was just talking to some friends while I'm here in Jersey and everyone's loving it, and I thought, I was like, you know what, I love. I I genuinely love these moments of character growth where it's like, you know what, I'm going to give this another shot.
Speaker 3: I was so un d day.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh dest training. I was so you know, I didn't give it the right chance and to come back to it maybe new fresh eyes and everything. I like growing as a person. I was like, you know what, I've never played a persona because I always just assumed I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't. You know, it's anime, it's whatever it's But like, you know what, No, I'm going to go in fresh start, new series, metaphor, going to try this out. I loaded up and there's like a lot of anime at the beginning, and I'm like, that's fine, that's fine. You know there is a prince and a dead king and a fire wand and you know things you've seen in every fantasy bullshit ever, that's fine, that's fine. Fire and the first time you get any kind of control. Is that textbox that says is fantasy limited to the confines of imagination? Would you call it a powerless creation?
Speaker 3: That's I forget. Yes, it's a choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you get a technicom just like, oh, brother, this is really ill.
Speaker 5: I do not what I don't see what's so weird about this textbox? You guys can't handle the smallest amount of flowery speech. If if Hideo Kojima wrote that, but it's like hilarious or deep or interesting, No, I think, yeah, you hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, if a baby chest said that line to you, you would just think it's hilarious and amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I said this to you.
Speaker 2: If a said this line to you, you'd eat that.
Speaker 3: Shut up. That's true.
Speaker 2: I have seen is right messages and chattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a lot of fans of this of this game. There's a lot of nerds, a lot of nerds. Yeah, okay, Yes, I watched Kojima and I'm laughing at how stupid the dialogue is. Like, That's what I've been doing with my life over here. So if that's what how you want me to take this, Okay, But I don't think that's what you mean.
Speaker 4: And also context wise, like you know me, I want to be playing a video game. I want to feel like I'm playing a video game. And so I'm watching, I'm watching, I'm watching, and I'm like, I'm waiting to get control. And the first time you give me control is to ask me if fantasy is confined to the limits of imagination. That's the first interaction I have with this video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not judging this game based on this picture. I'm just commenting on this picture because is not me to be on the game.
Speaker 4: We'll go beyond that. I made it twelve minutes in and there were at least five or six times I almost quit, and I in my head, I was like, I have to push through. I have to push through because you know beyond like, hey, you got to commit to least like a couple of hours. It is going to be story heavy up top, and it's like I'm gonna do I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna commit to this. I made it twelve minutes and seriously, push packs quitting like five or six times.
Speaker 3: Is it weird for it to ask you?
Speaker 5: Why is it weird for the game to ask you if you think if you think fantasy is stupid questions terrific?
Speaker 3: Is that a stupid question? But okay, talking about this is the I just it's the kind of thing. It sounds softimoric to me where it's like, this is the kind of thing a high kid in college starts talking about. And again, I'm only judging this pictrics. I haven't played the game, so I'm sure if I get more context, I will like it more than Dan. I am betting.
Speaker 4: And the high person that's asking you that in college is wearing that Jim Morrison shirt that says an American poet on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dan, this game speaks to the people that kept buying why at six and the fiend merch out of hot topic. You know this is out. Also, the game is called metaphor re Fantasio.
Speaker 4: I don't get metaphors, clearly, that's definitely.
Speaker 5: I just I think it's a it's just the question to wonder if fantasies can impact reality.
Speaker 3: I think it's not real, but it's a message that the game is.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 4: Listen. Here, here's here's where I'm new, Dan, Here's where I'm open minded and stuff. I bet it's a really good game. A lot of people whose opinion I really respect, they love this game. I bet it's very well made. I think it's stupid. In my head, seems like a bunch of weird fans on some firing little kid, probably with amnesia, like oh wow, amazing.
Speaker 5: But I recently watched point Break during one of your schemes and I was like, yeah, like that it was stupid, and you were like kind of like dign that that. I thought that was stupid, Like what what's stupid about point breaking?
Speaker 4: Stupid about point break.
Speaker 3: In a very fun way. Uh, Johnny Uta is a stupid nick. I'll give him that. Yeah, I like some sincerity is good. Not everything. I like.
Speaker 5: I get that, like like a Dragon was a gateway because it's kind of a big goof and and it has sincerity mixed with it. But yeah, metaphor does take itself pretty seriously. But that's good something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sincere. It's like difference of sincerity and whimsy. And I acknowledge that both of you have whimsy in your lives. It's just a very different genre of whimsy.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 3: I haven't played it, and I don't think there's why don't. We don't need to start the podcast with trying to convince us to like this. I'm not trying to bet you not to play it, so we wouldn't do this.
Speaker 1: That's why we had the discussion on the separate podcast.
Speaker 4: I played twelve minutes of this. I think I'm on the next talk about this, but confidence, Yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is it's Jeff Apple. It's like an unboastra Apple. You're fine, it was just a bit. Okay, I can look at you again. Then, yes, Jesus, you really went over me that whole time. Oh you're a screwdriver, now there you screw That's why chat was talking about that.
Speaker 2: Dan, I really want to have a spoiler cast for metaphor Refantasio. Could we just have you on the podcast but only your no, no, no no, but only your face camp.
Speaker 4: If I can get like time and a half. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: We get time and a half.
Speaker 3: Hazard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to need to write up to new contracts because I can't shit.
Speaker 2: I just want to see your face as we're like talking about it as why.
Speaker 4: You should have seen my face in this room laying in bed and that screen popped up and I think I might have audibly been like, oh fuck you.
Speaker 5: You said was like, this is ninety seconds in. I was just like, oh damn, it's just a screechy yeah.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me let me just read. Let me just the discorded conversation here. Okay, let's just are we fine with me giving the time stamps? Yeah, okay, this is nine to fifteen pm.
Speaker 4: I'd just come back from dinner with Maharty.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The previous conversation is us talking about the Yankees and Prime Bi.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, we can do that again. I can give about the Yankees something.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no. We're done with sports today. We're done with sports, all right, nine fifteen. This is a different conversation. Oh I already hate this. And this is the screenshot where Dan shares Dan Reichert this is like ninety seconds in. Mike Lowell, Oh, Dan, seven am today. We told you you'd hate it, I say Dan immediately. I wanted to be open minded, but it's stupid. We have a good time. Yeah, we have a good time.
Speaker 4: Seems right. Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 3: Conjets like our Jane and grab the recent people at a yellow painting video games? What does that have to do with anything it talk us back to yellow paint. Yeah, yeah, I like I like mostly stupid things. That's right, And I'm I'm okay with owning that again. That was out you here, But yes, are you trying to like blue collar game or me? You know what I'm not. I was not going in that direction. You guys, this A lot of people like this, and it seems just fine to me. I just first impression. I agree with Dan. I'm sorry, thank.
Speaker 4: You, and grub. Is it fair to say both of us we like video games where it feels like we're playing a video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not saying that you guys don't, but but like that's the only kind of game we like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I like playing games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not saying you play here is turn based, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's more going on here. You're moving around and there's a lot going on here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on here, manny, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a long time before you actually get to a battle. Dam Okay, all right, okay, Well what we've learned is we can all like different things.
Speaker 3: Apparently not. No, it's a huge.
Speaker 4: Grub God bless you by the way here for you.
Speaker 3: You can Okay, it's stupid.
Speaker 5: I so many things video games that are stupid the other way like essentially do for whatever, like a little sincerity now and then come on.
Speaker 3: You're right and and and here's the good news. We do not have the power to take this.
Speaker 5: Away, just like the things I like, so we can appreciate them together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, you know, there's the bee button that I decided I'm not going to hit and kill all the bees. But if you could just like take the label its a bees off and put stupid video games on it, I would press that category.
Speaker 3: This would not I'm the button I'm gonna get through. Shoot heat. I'm standing with Dan on this one. Let's go.
Speaker 6: Heat on this tuesdayobulated that it's a three day weekend, short week.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it.
Speaker 2: Is staring at me right now because I'm yelling.
Speaker 3: I would love it, Dan, push that button.
Speaker 5: Like all the metal gearsaw games are like, no, we knows, I'm stupid.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't press it for it's fine.
Speaker 3: A stupid video game.
Speaker 4: You can have your dumb games that make you feel smart and deep. All right, much about colonialism or philosophy or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing colonialism week.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's an article out there about metaphor and webs about colonialism constantly. Oh yeah, because it's deep and cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, all right, me feel deep and cool. Okay, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say one more thing about metaphor, and I know it's not gonna help the case. And I can already love it. I can. I can feel on the back.
Speaker 3: We can't help it.
Speaker 2: The size from grubbing Dan and I can see their eyes rolling. Okay, gents, will just convince you to play the game. If like the big monster enemies in this game are called humans.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 5: It's so cools, you think.
Speaker 3: Listen, I liked it in The Walking Day where you're like, we're the walking Dead. All right, so I have noo.
Speaker 2: But Yo, when you think about it, think about the metaphor, right, think.
Speaker 3: About three Fantasia. That's barely a simile, let alone a metaphor.
Speaker 2: Yo, Yo, But maybe we're really the monsters and what we've done. All Right, I'm letting y'all know. During Game of the Year, I'm gonna sound like the stoner dude on campus trying to convince you to join the club.
Speaker 3: It's what I want, Grub.
Speaker 4: We need to form an alliance and nuke metaphor from getting anywhere near Game of the Year.
Speaker 3: Here's what I hope. I hope I love it and so that we can have a real heel turn against you. That'd be a good time.
Speaker 4: That would be good, that'd be funny. But you will not love.
Speaker 3: It almost certainly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I have heard people talk about it, and uh, the more people talk about it, it's like there's some stuff there that sounds pretty good. I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: What if your fun? What if you're fun? Like what if you ride like a cool train bus that's like a thing, like a big one.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know that's like that.
Speaker 2: But what if one of your objectives is get to the anus?
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go, see that, guy, Grubb? It all right?
Speaker 2: All right, there we go, all right, whole of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, there it is all right.
Speaker 2: Let's I guess let's keep talking about video games.
Speaker 5: That's a very good game by Landa playing it. I'm gonna talk about here, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's fantastic game. Mike whenever you're done, let me know, Sean, whenever you're done, let me know, because I want to have a legitimate spoiler cast. Sure. Yeah, metaphor refens has you. I think it's a ten out of ten?
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you think I would like better? If if I had to play gun to my head all of metaphor re Fantasio or one thousand times resist, which.
Speaker 2: You would not like either. You would take the gun.
Speaker 4: The way you people talk about a thousand times resists is maybe even more intensive, like oh this sounds fucking doune.
Speaker 2: No, you would take the gun and then like un alive yourself and then the person and then yourself again desynchronized. Desynchronized, you would decinc yourself, the person, and then you would decink the gun itself.
Speaker 3: It didn't like eat it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm glad they still make video games.
Speaker 5: And yeah, don't worry, Dan, they still made the fifteenth Mario Party for you.
Speaker 4: Hey, and I heard I hate it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's get to that. Uh, Dan Riker, you played a video game that didn't talk about metaphors. I think I don't know. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: It's got a lot about colonialism.
Speaker 5: Which was a lot about colonialism, dance about racism.
Speaker 4: Mario Party Jampury.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, yes, it's about the economy metaphor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well do you notice the character select not a lot of not a lot happening there?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Super.
Speaker 3: Mario Party Jamboree.
Speaker 2: Dan, you played it. You reviewed it for game Spot, was I did.
Speaker 4: Check out my review on game Spot. Apparently I disliked it more than most. Look, I have very strong feelings about the Mario Party franchise. I probably think about it way more than any reasonable adult should. And this one it's good in the way that, like, you know, we're gonna play it this week on the website. I think Thursday night we were talking about doing kind of a longer let's say, a Mario Party Party. So do the Max Turns, do the whole thing. It'll be me, the Blite Boys and Bailey playing Mario Party. So and that's gonna be a great time. And that that's the thing I said in the review, is that, like, look, in context, it's still Mario Party. It's still bullshit. You know, We're going to have some drinks, play with friends, give each other shit, and it's going to be a great time, but there's just so much stuff that bugged me about this one where it's like they were big, like, oh, it's the most mini games ever. It's it's one hundred and twelve minigames, but like fifty of them or around fifty are all relegated to all these there's so much bloat, all these side modes's Paratriple Flight School and Rhythm Kitchen and Toad's Item Factory and the Bowser's Cupathlon and all this stuff, and like a lot of the games are exclusive to those modes, and some of the best ones, even like the Rhythm Kitchen things, some of the best games are in there, and you can't play them in the main party mode. So if the main thing people are going to be playing is the party mode, and almost half the games are another ones, some of the weaker ones are actually in the main party mode. I mean, there are some games there that slow down the process way more than any I've seen in previous Marti Party games, where it's like there's this Gatekeepers game that like you have to kind of cycle around and just kind of guess which key is going to open what door, and it takes forever and it's not a particularly fun one. So like, there are several games now where I kind of like grown when they pop up and it's like, ah, this is going to take forever. And that's always been a thing in Mario Party games, you know, take them forever to go around the board and item shops and bullshit like that. But like, I feel like it's more egregious in this one, and it's got a few like returning favorites, you know, like the bumper balls and Shy Guy says and stuff like that, but a lot of the new ones are like there's a decent amount of them where it's just like, Okay, here's these three things and you all have to pick one of them, but if you both pick the same one, neither of you get the thing, and it's just like, you know, I know randomness is a part of Mario Party, but it seems more prevalent in this one than I've seen before. So I don't know, weaker minigames, more kind of laborious stuff. The maps are good, I'll give it that. It's it's the best original maps in a while, because Superstars was great, but you know, they were all from the sixty four Super Mario Parties. Maps were pretty rough, so it's been a long time since we've had like good original maps, so I'll give it that. But yeah, overall a.
Speaker 5: One, I feel like Mario Party Superstars has probably become my default Mario Party game. Do you think do you think like this is going to be the new default for you or do you think you think maybe after the newness is off, you're gonna go back to Superstars.
Speaker 4: I'll do a few multiplayer things with this one for sure and have fun with it. But like Superstars is just like, like that's the thing. It's that was the best of like, you know, ten plus Mario Party games, like the best of the best, and so it's like when that's the fool you're choosing between versus here's a bunch of new ones and a lot of them aren't that great? Man, It's hard to beat Mario Party Superstars, you know. So that's that is definitely the default for me.
Speaker 2: Still, do they still have like a flood of Mario characters to choose from and party as or they.
Speaker 4: It's the most Yeah, it's the most. Ever, It's twenty two and you can unlock Pauline and Ninja and you don't have to do a bunch. It's literally just like a little Easter egg from the menu to find them.
Speaker 5: I got in trouble before for saying I don't like that you can just play as like nondescript Mario enemies. I don't like a goomba being a Mario Party character.
Speaker 4: Whether you count like Monty Mole.
Speaker 5: That's borderline, but I don't. I think I don't like it. Yeah, I don't like it now, But Montymo's like, I don't think there's any reason that Monty Moo should be a playable character. They should just pop up and try to hurt me in a platformer or maybe a kart racing game.
Speaker 3: Filing the sanctity of Mario Party exactly.
Speaker 2: Jeff ginsons what if they put paper Mario? Would that be okay with you?
Speaker 3: It super say five Mario, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Real grub. They only go to four.
Speaker 5: I don't think paper Mario belongs outside of his own universe. Actually, I think it gets weird. Why is this one thing? So you're segregating?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 5: Now, if you if you have played metaphor in Fantaso, you would know why that's bad.
Speaker 3: I know what are they doing to the humans?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I had so a little peak behind the scenes. I had asked Bailey if she was down to partake in Mario Party party this Thursday, because she's a freak like you Dan and parnthe he is positive and she is coming back from a work trip that day. So I thought, like, ah, maybe you won't want to do it, it's gonna be late, and she said, shut the fuck up. I'm moving my flight to the earliest possible and I'll be ready by the time we got to go. And then I'm picking Wallawigi.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm glad you told me that part.
Speaker 2: Yes, So should we define the characters now? Should we just pre pick them now?
Speaker 3: Is there some like let the universe decide thing we could do at the time, Like.
Speaker 4: I'm getting there, I'm just gonna get there and pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so no is the answer.
Speaker 4: Let let it be known too that I am shoot terrified at Bailey in Mario Party context.
Speaker 3: You should be.
Speaker 4: She is shown to be a ruthless competitor and thinks about Mario Party on level that even I have not. When I saw her do that thing like to go for the happening space at one point was crazy, So I am I am afraid of should we?
Speaker 2: I feel like anytime someone gets involved with the Blight Boys, the Blight bites back Dan. Do you wanna do you want to have like a mini wager here that if Bailey doesn't beat you and you beat her, you don't have to win the Mario Party Party, you just place above her. Should should she be subjected to a mini blight?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dance?
Speaker 3: Dance? Oh dance is good? Do anything to prolong his turn?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Do I have anything to lose?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll figure that out. Maybe you can never play Swaalauigi again on the website.
Speaker 4: I absolutely refuse that.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we'll figure out another side of the wager. Maybe, Yeah, we'll come up with something.
Speaker 4: I'm up for thinking of something. Yeah. It's one thing that's weird about reviewing, because I've reviewed a lot of Mario Parties going back to the like game Cube era, and it always, you know, you get a couple of multiplayer sessions in stuff like that, but you got to play a lot of solo. So I played like almost twenty hours of solo Mario Party, and it's like, it is funny how much it, like lays Banker.
Speaker 3: Still the bullshits like that's good.
Speaker 4: It's about that. I mean, it means I liked it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: After playing twenty hours solo Mario Party, you still liked it that much.
Speaker 4: It's well because if you do have to think about it where it's like, you know, when you're playing solo, it lays bare all the faults and bullshit and laborious stuff and everything. But then you also you know, you get glimpses of like, oh, I played this with some friends or we did this online session, and it's like this is going to be a lot of fun with people, you know, because it's Mario Party. But it's not fun playing solo. And that's another thing is a lot of these modes that they added, these like bloated modes are like for solo or two player or like the twenty player mode, which is great. It's like they wanted to like kind of serve all masters here, no matter if you have one person over nobody, over four people online whatever, and it's like, I think the standard four player mode suffered because they try to just serve so many different approaches there. So yeah, kind at this point.
Speaker 3: It sounds right, Yeah, that's uh, I think Nintendo can get distracted sometimes that sort of thing, and it would be nice if they'd like, no, know what people want from this game and just focus on that. And I guess they would say, well, you still have Mario Party Superstars. You could just go play that. But yeah, I don't know. I was looking forward to this game. I still am. I know we're gonna have a good time playing it, but I was looking for the next one that would replace Superstars in our in our like go.
Speaker 4: To Well another bummer is that, Like you know, they show that twenty player thing and the trailer and I think we're all like, holy shit, what's that going to be like? And it's like, you know, we played with the packs. It's not like it's it's different mini games that are like they're they're not the best many games. They're very long and they repeat so in like each compathlon, you will do the same oh, hit the Monty moles, whack a mole thing, like over and over and over again, and it's it's it's not like playing a Mario Party board with twenty people, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one that like even like that initial reaction was like many players like we should get everyone together. But it was like I started thinking about it that and I'm like, Nintendo's not going to actually see that through. It's you're probably not gonna be able to part up with party up with twenty people, which you cannot write you party up with eight for that. Then you can go in there like randomly metch with others. Is how it works.
Speaker 4: Correct. The biggest party you can do is eight and it's cool, like there are some well actually this is in the Bowser's Kaboom Squad. I then there are some eight player mini games, which is kind of cool to be able to like eight players working together because they're all like co op, like okay, I range these cards in order or stop all the bombs from like crashing the castle gate and like some of that stuff can be super fun. But yeah, eight players is the biggest party, and it's it's not like.
Speaker 3: The board because the game answer is Fantasy limited to Bowser's Kaboom Squad.
Speaker 4: Now that's like forty hours. It's started getting you with the real questions. Yeah you're not there quite yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah I get it now.
Speaker 4: It's not that smart.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just want to end this whole thing. Just want sometimes this podcast, Okay, Jeff Grubb, you finally checked out Nine Souls.
Speaker 3: I did. I started Nine Souls on the Steam deck and that's another Metroid veny in a year that's had a lot of Metroid Venyes, and okay, you know, not to be won't be beating the allegations on this one. It was a little bit of a slow start because there was some talking, yeah, and mostly it's just like, I don't mind the talking if I could like run around and jump, But they're like, let's just bring this whole game to a halt for a few for a little bit while we sort of established this lore, which is pretty interesting. You play as this cat, this cat guardian, and there's these humans. Oh yeah, goes into it because they're humans. There's humans that have been sort of seem like they're imprisoned on this planet and being used for alien meat. I can't really tell what's going on yet, but I think I think that's what's happening. Anyway. You immediately go under is this cat uh and start exploring a Metro Advania complex and it feels really cool. I think the standout aspect of it is that this combat system has a lot going on, where the first thing they introduce you to is the kind of a perry so that you if you can if you do the perry right when they're about to attack, you get a special attack that is activated. Then you dash into the enemy and if you hold down the dash on the other side of them, it like tags them with this special move and then that eventually explodes and does pretty high damage. So in combat, you can always just be swinging your sword. You could always be dodging, but you kind of want to get in there, stand toe to toe perry, do that a special attack, and then keep moving. Problem with me always is that looks cool, So I want to do the thing that look that looks the coolest, even if sometimes that makes it a little bit more difficult when I'm like, oh, I could have just been hitting with the sword and dodging, and I probably would have made this a lot easier on myself. But I think most people will do that, they won't have that problem. But now that I have done that, I feel like I'm on the other side and I'm pretty good at these maneuvers, and the game just kind of introduces more stuff on top of that where you can get these talismans. You can add to that special attack. So now when you're attacking that big enemy and you dash through them to put the special move on them, and you're holding it down to explode, well, sometimes that guy would turn around and attack you in the back while you were holding down the button trying to get it to explode because he could still move. Now with this special talisman, he'll freeze in place, so it gives you a little bit more time to maneuver with. It's pretty satisfying. And then I think the expiration has been pretty good so far with you know, the limited moves that I have at the moment. It's one of the it's a metro venue with a skill tree, so it's not just like an item limited or anything like that. And so far that's been good as well. It runs pretty good on the Steam deck. Yes, yeah, I think my Steam Decks needed to be restarted. I was playing backyard baseball in there as well. We'll talk about that in a second, and that was running a little bit odd on there.
Speaker 5: That's only on p see right now, but it's coming to consoles on November twenty sixth, and like that might be when I check it out. Maybe i'll get it on switch then yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it'll be Yes, I think it'll be excellent, an excellent Switch game. And yeah, I'm probably like four hours in. I was playing this game yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, another four hour journey is a game that I've been playing called Europa. This game I've seen float around TikTok and other various ads as a being a Ghibli inspired studio Ghibli inspired game, very pretty, pretty looking game. I always mark out when a game will take away the camera controls from you and line you up to a place you're standing at like a view, and then like a title card fade in. Oh hot for that shit all the time. Europe is a really fun game. You are this kid trying to get to Europa and you don't. It's not quite a jet pack that you have on your back. It's kind of like in a god where you throw where you have. You can charge up your jump to jump high, and then you have a glide that is fairly unlimited, and you're just gliding with your air goard. But then you quickly unlock another power up that like shoots you straight up into the sky and you get a lot more forward momentum with that, and that is recharged when you touch like this blue glowy aura looking stuff scattered throughout the environment, and your whole thing is you were collecting these journal pages that are left from your dad on the way as you were going to Europa. And the game controls really well. I really enjoy the platforming. There's really really light puzzle solving elements in it. You wind up developing like a cool kind of flow to the game as you are timing out your rocket thrusted propel up, and then you're running out of the jew for that, but then you're gliding into like a bubble of the Ora juice and then you are able to like propel yourself forward. And it's a really really pretty looking game. It's a it's a fun little platformer. The part where it falls apart is the actual story elements of it, because the tone starts to feel very weird and creepy to me, And maybe that's just like how I'm approaching it. I feel like maybe this game maybe didn't need a story, or maybe it didn't need as heavy handed of a story. I'm not saying it's stupid, but no, no, I feel like a game that did it really well last year was jus where like the story was like super duper light and like right in the background, in the background, and then you kind of just discover it, or you you discover as much of it as you want to. Here everything is like the the dad narrator starts to feel a little creepy because he's talking about like, my son, I wish you could see your rova. That's when humans and the machines work like other my dad. It just starts to feel really odd and like, you know, the dad character that they're aiming for is feels like a geppetto almost and it's like, are you my real dad? I don't know if I want you to be my real dad. It's a really pretty ass looking game. It's very short. It is out on PC and Switch I think for fifteen smack rus. So if any of that appeals to you, if you want to have a weird relationship with your father, that's free. But if you want to have a weird relationship with your father via a video game, hey, Europa might be your bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just look at it.
Speaker 5: It really does look absolutely gorgeous and it Yeah, it definitely does capture some of that Jimply vibe. Very colorful, lots of lots of things footing around like little dust sparticles.
Speaker 3: I love that shit leaves.
Speaker 2: I want to like just I just want to be bombarded by leaves and have a nice photo taken of me one day.
Speaker 3: That's that's my I'm I'm gonna. I've always been interested in Europa. I never tried any of the demos, even though we had had several. Is it I mean, is it like what's that Zelda like game that came out a little bit ago, Dan, the one that we did a quick look at.
Speaker 2: Oh, Chia Chia. Yes?
Speaker 3: Is this like platforming chia sort of thing? Is kind of like on the similar totem.
Speaker 2: It's it's uh, it's less feature heavy than Chia Chio is much more involved, right, And I think this is like you sit down, uh and for like two three hours if you just want to mainline it. You don't want to explore too much. There are some collectibles in the game, and you can just get by because later you're you're not really fighting anything you And also I guess you don't have to engage with the story. You can just pick up the page and just button away from it. Rather than hearing your father expound upon like the dangers of machinery and h animal husband. But speaking about weird relationships, friends, let's explore the weird relationship that you might have with maybe your wife, maybe the fog, maybe the town of Silent Hill is Mike Minatti, I've tuned in. You've been playing Silent Hill too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been playing a lot of it. I think I'm getting kind of close to the end. I'm like ten hours and I'm not like a Silent Hill super fan. The only one I did play was Silent Hill two back in the day, and I liked it. I don't know if I you know, I had like that big love relationship with it some people had, and I didn't play the other ones, but I liked it. I had some affinity for it. So I was interested in this remake. And yeah, it's very impressive. They did a good job here because it still feels like a PS two games in the ways that I want into and the fact that it's kind of focused, like there aren't a ton of enemy types, there aren't a ton of mckinnics. It's a pretty pure survival horror system. You're just kind of walking around. So I was the puzzles, fighting some enemies. A lot of it really is just about that kind of mood in that atmosphere in the story. It's not like a cut scene heavy game, but it really optimizes its minutes. When you have cuts, when people are talking to each other, it's either like really weird or really interesting or very tense. The section I was just that where I'm in this kind of underground prison and then I'm talking to a lady who maybe had a pretty difficult at home situation. Like you know, I was starting to get actually scary, actually upsetting very good ways.
Speaker 3: And a lot of times it's not just oh because.
Speaker 5: Like a zombie popped out of a wall, right, there's a few jump scares like that. I think some of that's fine, a jump scare here or there kind of you know, keeps the heart going. But a lot of times it's like the sound design, which is very good, right, you just kind of walking around. It's like, did I just hear a woman screaming somewhere far in the background. Don't like that? So, yeah, just absolutely nailing the kind of atmosphere stuff, which I think is the thing with a Silent Hill game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think shifting the perspective the third person and maintaining that very deliberate sound design of having unnerving sounds just going off in the background all the time just makes me like dart around more than I did in the original fixed camera perspective of sound hill too, where it's like, what the fuck was that? James gets your stick out? And uh, yeah, the sound design super helps. It's such a squelchy game. I think the squelchiest of the year.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be. It's gonna have some contenders for best hole.
Speaker 5: Tons of good holes times where like there's like some hole in the wall or like a toilet literally like filled with ship And he said, like he just like puts his hand in there. You'd like push X like multiple times because it'll kind of stop.
Speaker 3: You like, come on a little bit deeper, buddy.
Speaker 5: Oh it's upsetting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he he is so uncomfortable this whole game, Like the character James. Yeah, someone you I could finally relate to in a game. We can all unite on this.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't enjoy being in silent.
Speaker 3: No. The combat Oh sorry, Jen, go ahead, no, no, please talk about the combat.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 5: No The combat surprisingly like satisfying, where that you have like the guns, and you have like the limited AMMO, right, so that's tense, but you do always have this melee weapon like you know, literally like a stick with some nails in it. For a lot of enemies, you kind of learn their patterns because you have a dodge too. You could probably take care of them with the stick. It's riskier and you might go through your health refills faster that way.
Speaker 3: But if you're kind of good with.
Speaker 5: That, then you can get relatively comfortable with AMMO, which in your you need AMO, especially for bosses because they could take a lot of bullets to take down. So you know, like in a pure resident evil, the tension is usually just you know, oh, I have so little AMMO? Do I even fight this person running away? Here are the tench is more, I'm going to try to fight this person with my stick instead of using AMMO, So I know I'll have that later and it's going to be difficult. And maybe if it's like this one enemy, you're gonna feel kind of comfortable with that. But sometimes like oh, here's two enemies, Ooh, maybe I should use my AMMO, or ooh, here's one of those nurses. They're really difficult. Maybe this is where I should use my precious shotgun AMMO. So the kind of balance there, I think is really interesting and ties into the survival horror tropes pretty well.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the best feelings I think I've ever had in a video game was after years like the PS one era and early PS two of playing Resident Evils and like Silent Hill and stuff and everything Mike's describing now of like, oh, I got to conserve this, AMMO, I got to oh.
Speaker 2: Do I use this?
Speaker 4: Like getting a cool gun, but feeling like I can never use it because I got to pick the right spot. Like it always just drove me insane, being like so limited. And then fucking Devil May Cry came out and it's like I played it and I was like, where's the AMMO counter And there's nothing there, and I'm just like I'm just going in say, you know, that was one of the best feelings I've ever had in.
Speaker 2: Okay, ah, God, Abny and Ivory got what a what a cool fucking game? Huh. Yeah. To build on what Mike said, I really enjoy the melee combat in this game, even though it is fairly limited, because it reminds me of the stomping experience in dead space, where there's so much weight and there is so much feeling and like weariness whenever Isaac is like stomping on an enemy. And I mentioned this last week, but I will keep double tapping even if I know that the enemy is dead dead, and then I'll see that fucker get back up and run back towards them and just keep swinging away. And I think it's like, like I said, then, I'm probably just going through some shit. But man, they just nail everything about James just being so done with everything. But it's like, I gotta go maybe see my wife. I think she's here.
Speaker 4: Wait, okay, let me test something here, because you are a couple of deep, deep smart guys. I saw somebody say when we start talking about Silent Hill being like, well, and I talk about a game that's filled with metaphors. Now to me, I've played those games. Oh I can't find my wife, gotta find the spooky town. Oh man, everything's fucked up here. What's the metaphor? Do you folks know.
Speaker 3: About his work?
Speaker 5: I think it's representing his relationship.
Speaker 3: And I haven't played these games. My my understanding was always like the enemy designs were representations of psycho sexual problems.
Speaker 5: He So I fought a boss. So there's a lady who was sexually abused by her father. Yeah, and the boss was literally like a bed with two body masses laying on top of each other on it.
Speaker 2: Strap and belted together. Yeah, seeing the messages is a lot more easier here because like everything has been redone because now like the enemies you see, they look like they're in kind of like body bag BDSM skin suits.
Speaker 4: So the metaphor is.
Speaker 2: James James might have been a sex pest to his wife and had a negative relationship with her. Again, a lot of the messages that I've gleamed from it is through Jess's lens, because she is, you know, spent a lot of time in the world of Silent Hills. And yeah, there's you know, there's there's metaphors.
Speaker 5: Turns out, Yeah, most of these the characters there, I've experienced some kind.
Speaker 3: Of deep trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe there's a reason why he sees like the lady that looks like his wife is like a sex worker, and he's like not quite respecting her, sees her as a person and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, aren't they? Yeah, the nurse ene mees, aren't they? Like, you know, those are objectified women coming back to hurt him, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, There's there's lots of stuff there, and you can make your own metaphors. Like after the Yankees beat the Guardians, I saw some enemy on the grounds. I just beat him with the stick for a while, like this is the Yankees. And then some weekend me walked into frames. I took my shotgun down and killed him right away, And I was like, that was the tigers.
Speaker 3: You don't have.
Speaker 2: They're already you don't more, you know, pyramid Head just being like, uh, for metaphor for a penis.
Speaker 5: Yea sexual aggression. I think this, pyramid Head, how.
Speaker 4: Do we know this? Did they say that's what he is?
Speaker 3: A metaphor? If they said that's what he is, that would first of all, that would be a simile, but it would no, it would be it wouldn't be a metaphor if they just came out and said it like they're they're representing ideas through visuals and audio and design, and that's what a metaphor is. Well, you know what, let's move on.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a penis I'm not definitely a penis an interpretation of a penis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's lots of like there's big sticks in baseball. Baseball is not about well, the first.
Speaker 5: Time you see him, he's humping a creature made entirely out of legs.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's not what penises do.
Speaker 2: Well, is my south?
Speaker 4: What's the leg what's between the lake?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was specific, you know, like preferences, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, that is a good show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. I have to get the metaphors to enjoy a game. But it's fun. I think people still.
Speaker 4: Draw conclusions that maybe aren't there. Sometimes maybe you're wrong town.
Speaker 3: That's you're wrong. That's problem.
Speaker 2: It's not just town this one.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do things that way, but that's another way of playing things.
Speaker 4: Did the creators say that it's more than spooky?
Speaker 3: Yes they did, but also that doesn't matter either, But yes, yeah they did.
Speaker 2: That's that's why a lot of folk were mad that the movies and some of the games were like, no, it's it's foggy because it's a cold town and not not because the fog is like a metaphor for like I I.
Speaker 4: Thought it was fuggy because it was the thirty two bit era and you had to do fog because of draw distance.
Speaker 3: No, no, that was that was the the six.
Speaker 4: Was worse about it? Well, no one was one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, maybe it was just a carryover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people worry too much.
Speaker 3: If you give me both things. Though, you're wrong.
Speaker 5: Have a creative solution for a practical problem, right, Well, yeah, we have fog, But what if it also meant something?
Speaker 3: Like when people read into metaphors and things, it's not always like a puzzle set up by the creator dance. Sometimes it's like someone made something and they didn't they weren't thinking actively about any of the things they were that other people found representation and in those things. But we're all human. We all have similar experiences, so when we do things, we make connections without even realizing it. Or people can see like this was inspired by something in their life, and I am going to read into that and and treat this as something that I can engage with because I find that enjoyable. If you don't find it enjoyable, you don't know.
Speaker 4: But no, no, it's not that it's not enjoyable. I just think that, like if you're just isn't that just making something up? Like I could say that this piece of paper represents you know, Jupiter, but that doesn't make it open.
Speaker 5: Making that up, you're making it up. If you have thought and it represented Jupiter, then that's valid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why is that compelled? But why would you be compelled to say that?
Speaker 2: Like, are we close to explaining organized religion to Dan?
Speaker 3: Ye oh yeah, okay, it's uh yeah, you could just say anything that's right, but if it doesn't resonate with people, then people will say that's not a very good metaphor.
Speaker 5: Yes, someone Hill's two metaphors have resonated with a lot of people because they hit home and they.
Speaker 3: Represent something that people find to be true. All right, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I think we're almost there. I think we're almost there.
Speaker 3: You got to say it represents Jupiter king your opinion, Dan, you don't.
Speaker 5: Think that everybody else is just like making stuff off and seeing things that aren't there.
Speaker 4: I just kind of think that, like, if that wasn't the intention, then everyone's just kind of like you can believe it and it can mean something to you, but that doesn't mean it's real. If that wasn't what they were.
Speaker 3: Going Okay again, you're allowed to feel that way, but like, what, why does that matter?
Speaker 4: It doesn't know this matter video?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, so it's like I think the people are just also it was intentional in this game though.
Speaker 4: Yeah well then then good on them. They did it right.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we're I think we're in the right place. Then I think we're in the right place. Okay, cool, that's cool. Perfect, Yes, yeah that being said, man, I was not expecting to really enjoy uh playing through Silent Hill two remake because of Bloomber's pedigree, but I'm pleasantly surprised through and through and.
Speaker 5: Nessarily thing like I never played a Bloomberg game, so like I didn't have that baggage, so like I don't I don't know what the mediums like other things, but just playing this like this is high quality stuff. They did a very good job here and I'm excited to see what they do next.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I hope the diehards that enjoy Silent Hills Silent Hill two are liking it because I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of people in the chat ask me if I ever thought about why the T one thousand was a cop and The answer is I have literally never thought about that. Is that a metaphor?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it could be a metaphor for a bunch of stuff like yeah, like the systemic oppression things. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just a good disguise for him to try to find out whe John Connor was.
Speaker 2: What about the metaphor of Rocky being in everyman and fighting his way to the top. You get that right.
Speaker 4: It's inspiring because it lets you, as an every man, think I could do anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, just like Frodo Baggins as an every No, people are people are not people are hobbit?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because because people are man in the world of Lord of the Rings and hobbits are hobbits. You're You're right, Dan, thank.
Speaker 7: You for.
Speaker 4: Let's just eliminate the middle of just making people.
Speaker 2: It's fine, okay, uh, folks. If you if you want to hear more straight up metaphor Refan Tasio talk, we recorded a bomb cast Revengetions last week. We had Jessica Coggswell, Lex, Luttie Tarbo, Shawn my Boy, Michael Hym and I chatting about metaphor. Refan Tasio. If you want to hear, uh, some people get emotional and talk about that game and the metaphors behind it. Good chat, Good chat, Dan, don't worry. I'm sorry we didn't invite you to that, to that podcast.
Speaker 4: I was shocked and offended.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he was a little hurt, right.
Speaker 2: I knew that you showed up with your your Hobbit costplay and then we had to explain to you there's no hobbits in this game. You can save it for the next one. This isn't quite Game of the Week, but this is the last game we're going to talk about in this segment of the show. Very topical with the World Series coming up. Baseball is baseballing? Ain man, fuck the Dodgers. Grub tell me about Backyard Baseball ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure this you just got Okay, I just worked on Steam. I'm like, I was trying to see if this just came out, and I typed in BBL because Backyard Baseball League is shortened a BBL. And I'm like, wait, why did I just type in BBL. But that's why. Yeah. It just got rereleased on October tenth, so five days ago. It is the original vers version of Backyard Baseball and that means I never played it as a kid, because I, you know, by ninety seven, if this is when it came out, I would have been in high school. And this seems like the kind of thing you would play on a Macintosh in your computer class in elementary school, maybe junior hot when middle school, I guess is what it is now. I was in a junior high. So I've heard people talk about it recently, especially like popular sports figures seem to have like a lot of love for this game. Where I would be like listening to a sports podcast and they'll bring up backyard Baseball. I'm like, what what was this thing? Why was it so popular? And so I tried it out, so it was on Steam, downloaded it and it is like a point and click baseball game. I didn't realize it was like a kind of those animated FMV games. So all of the baseball is controlled with the mouse. So you swing the bat. So when you're swinging, the pitcher throws the ball and it will give a shadow of where the ball might end up, and that's where the opponent clicked or the computer clicked. I guess the ball will come. It'll be all funky, but it's it's animated the kind of the same way every time for different pitches, depending on where it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then you just got to click in that circle where you think the ball is going to end up and then it goes and then and then you just got to run and you control the field and by clicking on the base and you got to like click on the next base if you want to go do it, do a double and stuff like that. And it, I mean, it looks like may to speaker, it looks like a Sega CD game in a lot of ways, like a FMV animated uh Sega CD game. And I just wasn't expecting that at all. All that said, for being a game, a baseball game you controlled just with the mouse, it works pretty well. I get why kids like this. It's very simple but has all the aspects of baseball that you need. Like you know, when you're pitching, you got multiple pitches and you can kind of get strategic, and the characters eventually wear down over time, and you can bring in another player in because it's a bunch of kids. You just bring in one of the other kids that's on the field and they swap spot and stuff. It doesn't really matter. There is a lot of sort of random elements to it. Where there's I think there's tripping, so Mike, you'll love it. They're frequent bloopers, frequent airs because again they're kids. I think you can turn that stuff off. You probably want to keep it on because it kind of makes it so more stuff can happen. But I've been enjoying myself. It was better than the first impression would have led me to believe.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because like, I didn't know I think about how these games work either, but I know who Mungus Entertainment makes them. Who, Like you know, they did Putt Putt, Yes, and fish one of those it makes Yeah, I guess like it sounds like it's more like one of those than I was expecting.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you know, it still feels like a baseball game. Once you get over the input method, it's like, oh, yeah, just just a mouse, Okay, is this going to be sort of barely interactive baseball? It's like no, it's all the numbers that are being calculated in any baseball game are also happening here. Just the way they're represented on screen is you know, the kids are going to come up, do their funny little animation each time they're introduced, and then you'll get a chance to swing by clicking on the mouse.
Speaker 4: Are the GBA ones because there were a bunch of GBA you know, backyard sports games and stuff. Were they more kind of traditional direct input or were they kind of the F and B styles?
Speaker 3: I would have to I would assume they were. I never played those, so I imagine, like there's a Backyard Baseball two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: It is direct input. I forgot about those GBA ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a bunch. I always have to scroll through a bunch every coming with them at a wrong list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, two thousand and six and two thousand and seven were on the Game Boy Advance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those would just have to be Yeah, that makes sense, but yeah, it's uh, it's cool. I I don't like, you probably had to play it as a kid to have this kind of love that so many of these people have for it. The Pablo Sanchez characters like very popular, where oh he's so good, he's the best, and I'm like, oh, I got to play as him and brought him into pitch and I'm like, okay, Yeah, it's very hard to hit home runs in this game, so I don't even know if it's possible, because some of the fields I've had have had like a big cargo containers at the edge, so the ball would just like fall on top of them and eventually like roll back into the field or something would just stay on top of there and they get a ground rule double. So I'm like, oh, is it just always going to be in field stuff? But I'm always swinging away trying to get a home run every time, so I strike out most of the time.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you video gamesman here, you experts here, what is the Tony Hawk of baseball games? Like, what game do you think?
Speaker 4: Not when he run? When he runs? Fine? But King Griffy Jr. Presents major League Baseball and the super super correct correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, cool?
Speaker 4: Who is correct?
Speaker 3: Mike right now?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I already got you, already.
Speaker 2: Have your soul.
Speaker 3: It's fine, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 5: Speaking of baseball, jeff O's me some bird ends, by.
Speaker 3: The way I do. As soon as we made that bet, I was like, that was a bad idea because all these bets we make, the friendly bets I lose everything you've been doing right now, I made a lot of money bet on baseball was like real shoot money. I did fine, But whenever I do the friendly bets, it goes poorly for me. So I kind of cursed them before the Yankees against me. Yeah, for you, they have to be a friendly bet though, if it's real.
Speaker 4: Money, Mitch. I got to hear your thoughts on those burn ends.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure I'm gonna love them.
Speaker 5: I love burnands, So I'll.
Speaker 3: Get those ordered here pretty in the next couple of weeks. Do you want him like around Christmas time? Or do you want him a sat I mean they do you put?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: You have to make right away? Oh?
Speaker 4: Then whenever you can freeze them and as long as you want, Yeah, it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I could go for some meat right now.
Speaker 3: Damn the same. I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that about does it for video games. For the first segment, Jeff Grubb is going to treat us to because he lost the bet and he has to go deliver us the news right after this break. And that's why everyone the fishes and loaves is actually a metaphor from the Bible and.
Speaker 3: Not no shoot in school no, no, and explain that that's why in face Off, when they switch faces, it's about putting your body and the other person's position to be like, is all it takes to become evil just being the cage?
Speaker 4: You better not tell me. Face off is a metaphor for something because I've seen that movie a billion times.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't, I can't shoot do this grub news. So in the movie, is it really wait?
Speaker 4: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean it's his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The face off a metaphor like a lot of cops and robbers stories or metaphors about like if you put a cop in a position where he's in the environment of the villain, would he become the bad guy? Like what he thinks he would normally do?
Speaker 4: But it's John Wu I'm sure he was like, wouldn't it be crazy if you switch face?
Speaker 3: You're now well you're still right about that?
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very surface level metaphor. Absolutely, I have news here, and I'll be honest, might be putting starting it off because this first story is going to go places. By request of Janet Shoa, Pokemon's typhlusion goes viral after game freak Leak for the weirdest possible reason, Brace Yourself Fellas. A recent hack at game Freak has led to the release of sensitive files, including personal employee information and unused concept art and lore from Pokemon. One particular story, I guess this is from the lore about Typhlosion. Is that how you say it? Typhlos Yeah from Golden Silver has gone viral due to its bizarre and unsettling content. The tale describes a young girl tricked by a shape shifting Typhlosion into thinking he's human, leading to a disturbing relationship and the birth of a half Pokemon child. The story, rooted in Japanese mythology, has shocked fans, raising questions about why such dark content was developed within game Freak. Though it's unclear how close this was to being included in any game, the lore has reshaped how many view typhlos.
Speaker 5: You asked if all the Pokemon that like actually there are who can shape shift? Typelus is just like a little groundhog. His butt is always exploding. How could Typeflosion shape shift?
Speaker 3: I mean, how is anything possible in the world of Pokemon.
Speaker 2: I want to go home, I really want to go home. I think I might decink this podcast.
Speaker 5: It's Mickey Master playing with back there Dan, No, where's all the marios?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: There's apparently a lot of references to this kind of thing in Japanese folklore.
Speaker 2: So uh but but hey, here's my question, and maybe I'm going to the Dan Record school of thought with video game design. What if they just made the Pokemon fight instead of.
Speaker 3: Fuck, that's what they did do, though, to be clear, concluded may not do this.
Speaker 2: Why what if they just didn't do this to begin with?
Speaker 3: Now, when you look at the designs of the Pokemon characters, you think that these are designed by people with sound minds?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Okay, when I again, Mike was right, Typhlosian is just like a hedgehog groundhog fire Pokemon with his butt exploding. I didn't know he was trying to make other people's butts explode.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, Dan, who do you think is the sexiest Pokemon?
Speaker 4: Mister mont I refuse to engage with this conversation.
Speaker 5: Damn, what a prude he.
Speaker 3: Would have been. Fuck a Pokemon.
Speaker 2: This is gonna hurt my future political career.
Speaker 3: No, oh, man, man, I don't know a lot of stuff has happened in this league. Apparently there's a lot of like weird rep like they're definitely so on. Image that was apparently came from design documents where they're like, this character, this gym leader should look like j Lo, I think, and they made a lot of references about how she should be. The character should be a hot Latino woman, Skylar or somebody else.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably yes, probably, Mike. If I said j Loo and the first thing that popped your mind was that character, that's probably it. It was Skylark. Incredible.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god, report all over the place today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Jim, we're gonna say something.
Speaker 2: Ah, man, I I know that the company that makes Pokemon is called game Freak. I didn't know that there were a bunch of I know there were a bunch of freaks over there. They are the.
Speaker 3: Game freaks, that's for sure. Yes, all right, let's move on to a coman. It's equally freaky freaky, but in a different way from game Freak. Nintendo has revealed an interactive sound o'clock called Alarmo. Nintendo announced Alarmo and interactive alarm Clock. It's one hundred dollars. You can pre order it and it'll ship to you now if you are a Nintendo Switch Online member, like if you have the Premium subscription, but if you want to wait, it'll be in retailers in the US and Canada in early twenty twenty five, also for one hundred dollars. One hundred dollars. It has five different games that represented. It represents with seven different scenes for each of those games, so there's thirty five scenes to wake up to. There's also music to fall asleep to. It watches you while you sleep.
Speaker 4: I will be waiting up to it on Thursday morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, why does mine get here? I hope a little bit later. I thought I was going to resist, but no, I know.
Speaker 4: We all need to wake up for like a month to the alarmo and report our findings a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see how long that last.
Speaker 5: Anybody not going yeah, is anybody not picking Jump Up Superstars their song?
Speaker 3: Because like, of course I am.
Speaker 4: I want to rand I.
Speaker 3: Think I have.
Speaker 4: I hope there's a random because I wanted to just go through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, people have been receiving theirs. But yes, it watches you while you sleep, not with the camera, so that they were like, I think the whole idea of this was like we It sounded like they were saying, we want to watch you sleep, but we don't want to do it with the camera because we know you won't be okay with that, So we came up with this millimeter wave technology. Yeah, of course, since right, I want to give my ears. I want to get my ears to Serny. I want to give my sleep to Mia Moto. Yeah. They do it with a magical little radar thing that could kind of sense movement, and really it could. It could sense more than that can like sense exactly where you are. They're just doing it since movement though, which they use to when the alarms go off, like if you did jump up Superstar, if you start moving in bed and then thenks since as you move, it begins playing like coin sounds, and the more you move, the more coins you get, and then you wake up and that's when the alarm stops. You have to actually stand up out of bed. Now, if you have a partner in bed, it just won't work. It's just that just won't happen. So you have to use the button mode.
Speaker 4: My the plan is here because Bianco will uh not want to wake up to the alarmo, but she gets up way earlier than me, so if I so by the time the alarmo goes off, it'll just be me in bed. So I think it will work with.
Speaker 3: That there, right, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Person when it goes off, right.
Speaker 3: More slovenly than your partner, understand.
Speaker 2: Wanting to collect and sell data, Well, what can you do with someone's sleep data?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's the data that a lot of companies don't have, right, So they're like, well, we don't know what you're going to do with it, but here you go. I don't think is probably not going to sell the if.
Speaker 2: They were a nefarious company out there selling similar in other ways.
Speaker 3: But yes, I think this, this is not their particular brand of nefariousness. Yeah, I guess we'll report back. We'll do a BCR on Friday about.
Speaker 4: Well the deep dive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alarmo spoiler cast.
Speaker 5: Okay, how well we slept, how well we easily we woke up.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: You think in like a year, two years time, we're gonna get Mario melatonin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, over the counter drugs. Mario Brandon I gotta tell you.
Speaker 5: One of the great joys of my life now is like that one melatonin gummy I take before I go to bed.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it's doing much.
Speaker 5: It tastes really good.
Speaker 4: Gummy vitamins and stuff are great.
Speaker 3: God, it's delicious. It's like grape or something. I don't know, it's delicious. Like I don't need a lot of sweet things.
Speaker 5: Is that like little pop I'm like, ooh, it says you could take too, and I probably only need one, but sometimes I take two just for the taste.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, those gummies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they definitely design those gummies. Is like follow up to like the Flintstones vitamins. So like, what can we do to get more kids to buy or get parents to buy more vitamins for their kids because we need to sell more vitamins. And I am one hundred percent with you on it, rules and I love it. I want like if I have a gummy option for a vitamin, I'll do it every time.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right.
Speaker 3: Nintendo announces mysterious switch online playtest for new feature that they still have not told us about. But I got selected to try it out, So in five days I'll let y'all know, Nintendo will hold a play test for an unspecified new feature for its Nintendo Switch Online service. It'll be a separate app two point two gigabytes you download for the Switch, at least for this test. The test will take place between October twenty fourth and November six. Nintendo Switch Online plus Expansion Pac members could apply starting October tenth. They let ten thousand people in and immediately there was ten thousand people trying to test this thing out. Again, no one knows what it is, but you know, a separate app that you have to install. It has something to do Nintendo Switch Online. It's two point two gig gigabytes. There's a lot of guessing out there. Maybe it's GameCube game related. Maybe it's cloud streaming. Maybe it's cloud streaming of GameCube games. Maybe it's a social app. Dan Reikert, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh, I had not thought about this until now, and you said GameCube games, and that's all I'm going to think about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean two point two gigabytes. Maybe like there's a handful of GameCube games in there, right, because those would have been like one gigabytes each. So maybe I maybe there's a pair of them.
Speaker 5: Right now, and I was worried, like, well, why is it. Why are they talking about making sure you have a connection, and what would need to be tested if it's just GameCube games. So people are wondering about cloud streaming, and I don't want a cloud stream GameCube games.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 5: I like the theory just because that's what I would want the most. That they're trying to test better online capability. So it would be like, here's just Smash Brothers, Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash. If improved online features and that's what you're testing out, maybe that's optimistic, but I sure would be happy that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Would there be like another ninety nine game they would want to test out in a more limited capacity?
Speaker 5: Why would they have to test one of those.
Speaker 2: Mario Party ninety nine.
Speaker 3: So I think they are referring to it as a quote new feature, new feature, So that's what's led people sort of towards cloud streaming stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That makes the most sense, But that's also the most boring.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. I mean I wouldn't surprised if it's somehow ends up being even more boring than that. Once we're actually in there, but there had I mean, there have been rumors in the past of GameCube games coming to Nintendo Switch Online in some form. At the time, it sounded like those rumors would be like it would be some of these other games that aren't gonna get Remaster's treatment, the remaster treatment, but they still want to do something with them, and then they would run locally on your machine. They obviously have a decent GameCube emulator internally at Nintendo that they've used for stuff like the Mario collection, the Mario three D collection, so they would be able to do it. But again, why do they need this test if it's if it's just that I don't know either curious? Oh god?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yet features this late in the switches life cycle. That's the thing that like, is this like testing something that could be used for the switch to you know, it's definitely yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greb, we talked about in games last week. But it could be like a like a discord, right, Nintendo's own version of like a voice chat.
Speaker 3: I mean, I personally, the thing that actually might make me pop the most is some sort of Nintendo Me Verse return. Yeah, I would. I love the me Verse. That was such a fun weird thing.
Speaker 2: I would leave Twitter in a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right exactly. Uh so you know, as long as they did it in there a weird way, again, they probably aren't going to return to that though. So I don't have my hopes up.
Speaker 2: Any any possibility grub you see out there that it could be Game Pass.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's always a possibility. It would have to be, you know, I think a trimmed down version of Game Pass right where it's like just Microsoft first party games, because I mean, you know, Call of Duty's coming, and they said they would try to get Call of Duty on it. They did say that, they said they get Call Duty on there natively. I don't know. I think that if it was something like that, it wouldn't be Nintendo testing it. I think that would be it come down to Microsoft running. That's that sort of test. They would have to incur the costs themselves, all right. A Rare boss has been promoted to head of Xbox Game Studios. Craig Duncan, who has led Rare for fourteen years, is replacing Alan Hartman as head of Xbox Game Studios. Hartman is retiring. He previously led to Forts's Studio Turned ten I guess mostly just including this to see how you all are feeling about the slate of games coming from Xbox. And you know, they have a lot of studios, they're making a lot of stuff. You feel good about the future of Xbox game studio games sort of like the same as always. I think that's where I'm at personally. I'm sure of the same as always, other than wait and see for each and every game.
Speaker 2: Other than Indiana Jones and Fable down the line. What else?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's perfect or Dark, which looks pretty good when we finally got to see that here. We know a lot more about what's cooking with them than we do the same ye PlayStation sure, yes, yeah, and what a contract band remember that?
Speaker 2: Yep, we got a bab about that.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, I mean there's there's Rares. I mean, I know it got like rebooted, I mean the Vout's coming, but then Rares making like a fantasy online game of some kind.
Speaker 3: What was that called? Oh ever, Wild Ever Wild Ye Joe, they should make a band Jo. There's always rumors at Banjo's finding a developer, so I hope, so don't make I listen if Indiana Jones comes out and it's really really solid. I will be very happy if it comes out and it's mediocre. I'm kind of gonna be like, you know, come to me when you have a game worth my time. Microsoft, I'm going to stop looking forward to your stuff because you couldn't even get Indiana Jones right, and you guys talked it up. It was a something you were desperate to make over there at Bethesda. Actually deliver on one of these games in a real solid, sort of no caveat way.
Speaker 4: I'm optimist about Indiana Jones. Like everything I've read looks pretty solid that one.
Speaker 3: I like machine games a lot, so yeah, yeah, I'm hopeful.
Speaker 2: I like machine games. I just don't care about Indiana Jones as a character. Well you will, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love how he raids things. It takes people from other people's cultures. He's gonna take those things from them. He put in with him a British museum where it belongs.
Speaker 2: Now, if it was Brendan Fraser and the Mummy sign suck.
Speaker 3: Up, Yeah, I get it. The head of Rare. Rare seems to be kind of a little bit of a golden child at Microsoft in the moment because they did see if Thieves and no one else really can make a live service game work kind of across the entire industry. So I think they're like looking at that as you guys know how to make something that's fun and people will eventually glom onto. But I don't know, you don't think that means like a lot of the games now are gonna have like an infusion of like what Rare does. Right, Rare it is a very specific studio, No, I don't really think.
Speaker 5: I think it's more about his managerial skills and specifically like the ideas and the kinds of games that they made at Rare.
Speaker 3: Right, that sounds right to me. Okay, let's see here. Microsoft will stream an Xbox Partner preview event on Thursday. The Partner Preview event will be live streamed October seventeenth at ten am Pacific time, one pm Eastern Eastern, six pm GMT on YouTube and Twitch. It will feature trailers in gameplay from up upcoming games like Allan Wake two. Yeah, that was that? The new DLC for that is Iume I must be the new DLC because that's that is about to launch like a Dragon Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii. I want to see more of that fallen feathers and more rare Boss Craer Duncan has also been promoted to the head of Xbox. Yeah. I think these partner previews have been better recently. Maybe we'll talk over that. That's something we could probably make capin on on Thursday at one pm. Yeah, that sounds good for the rest of the year, like stuff like Allen Wake Two's DLC. You guys going to make any time for that sort of thing, or do you guys have like the rest of your year sort of lockdown on games? You're catching a ball.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 5: I was thinking about this right and I don't know like when we're doing our Game of the Year yet, but it's like the clock is ticking, like in metaphor, is going to take up a lot of time itself.
Speaker 3: I will I will finish.
Speaker 5: I will finish Silent Hill too, But I still want to beat Zelda with Dragon Quest three a G two comes out, I really want to play through that. So like there's already stuff that I really wish I could get to maybe should have, like like a dragon that's just not happening. So I don't know some of these things that like all on wake DLC and people say it's good, and I believe them.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if we're going to get to that anytime.
Speaker 2: So I love the last DLC chapters that dropped earlier this year. Was that earlier this year? Those were enjoyable. I just don't know if I'll have time for the lake House, right, And.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Zelda real quick, Mike. I beat that and yes, definitely continue to like that more and more as it went on, and uh, I'll probably be taking my mid top ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah cool, yep, That's where I'm at too.
Speaker 2: It doesn't help that a lot of the games in my backlog are the stupid long JPGs or visual novel games that will take them amount of time.
Speaker 5: Right, I know they relate. I mean they released that another Ace Attorney collection. I would love to play that, but no, don't have time to do that right now.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see here. Xbox Cloud Gaming will reportedly let players stream owned games soon. Microsoft is preparing to expand Xbox game Pass Ultimate to include cloud streaming of purchased games. So previously it was like here's our library of cloud streaming games. As part of game Pass, you could stream those, but it's like, well, I own NHL and I want to be able to stream that to other devices. Can I do that even though it's not in game Pass? And the answer was always no, But it's coming now. Finally, it sounds like this may actually come here pretty soon. Xbox Cloud Gaming support for games like called Duties also coming here on October twenty fifth. As far as like a date for when you know streaming owned games will happen, they're still not like locking that down, but apparently insider program members will be able to test it in November, so yeah, that's probably a good sign for that launching me maybe later this year, maybe early next year for everybody. The bad news for this is Xbox Game Xbox Cloud Gaming still kind of stinks. It's just not It's not one of the better cloud gaming services at the moment, and they have not made improvements to it. It takes forever to start up a game. That's why I stopped even trying to use it. Like I'm like, I'm gonna like test stuff out, and but the way I play games, especially when I'm testing something, it's like I want to bounce between game to game, and when every game takes three minutes to five minutes just to start to, like, you know, spin up a server rack, I lose interest pretty quickly. So until they fix that at the very least, let alone some of the resolution and bitrate issues, I'm kind of out on cloud gaming from Xbox. Android owners will be able to play, purchase, play, and purchase Xbox games directly from the Xbox app next month. This was a big change to regulation. Epic Games won a case against Google that basically prevents Goo Goo from using the Playstore to force people to use certain payment methods and to stop other app stores from being downloaded through the Playstore. So that means that the Xbox app can now act as a store for Xbox games. So you could buy games directly through there and then install them on your Xbox or I guess once this cloud gaming thing starts up, you could buy the game and then stream them to your Android device. And maybe that's why they are kickstarting the play your Cloud games Anywhere thing or your purchase games off through cloud gaming, because now that will actually matter for purchase games and they could make some more money. Microsoft jumped right on this. This does seem like they think this is the future. If we have a bunch of stuff people want to play. They want to play it everywhere. We're gonna have Call of Duty ready to go, and you can play it on your iPhone over cloud gaming and buy it through the Xbox app, so we get all the money. Is that a future that sounds likely to you?
Speaker 2: All? It's not one that I see myself participating in, right, And I think the buying is still going to be challenging for folks with limited data connections, especially where they are located in the States, if we're only talking about the States. Even Yeah, I don't know if cloud streaming is completely there yet, but I understand why Xbox is trying to target that and prepare for that.
Speaker 3: Let's just like pretend, let's see if fantasy can become real. Wherever the hell of the quote was, that wasn't what it was. But let's say the cloud streaming works perfectly and there are no issues and it's indiscernible from playing games on local hardware. Then at that point, do you see a world in which this future of buying Xbox games through the app on your mobile phone is something that is the future for you and most people?
Speaker 5: Even then, it's like people just don't seem to want to play those kinds of games on their phone.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They saw that problem with like the Residu before remake.
Speaker 5: I've poured it over to phone, right, I know that's a different thing to buy it, but you know, running natively, it looked like it ran pretty well and there is no interest sold Terry.
Speaker 4: The exception is Blatro, but.
Speaker 5: That that was almost like not it wasn't made for mobile literally, but obviously a good fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I grubbing this scenario. I would be interested in playing a game like Metaphor Refantasio through my phone streaming versus a call of duty.
Speaker 3: That's what's stopping Dan from playing it.
Speaker 2: Enjoy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I could like Metaphor on my phone, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, I think I'd lose more time to that game. I think I'd burn through it faster.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, yeah, I think. And Sean's bringing this has been chat right now. I think, like, you know, the hurdle is going to be like these sixty dollars seventy dollars Xbox games are still going to exist on a platform where people look over and see free for Ginchin Impact and it's just gonna look so odd side by side that it's just going to be so hard for this world to actually work unless they focus really hard on Now, yeah, it's glad streaming, but it's a bunch of new free to play games that are actually gonna be our focus. Here's Candy Cross, Saga and a bunch of other stuff like that. I don't know call Duty Mobile.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if Xbox Xbox can like change part of their ecosystem to appeal to that mobile market and do that easily to get those people to change their habits because that phone mobile gaming audience has already been developed and they've been pretty set in stone with the format of mobile games where it is like a pick up and play, you get the one round of like a Battle Royale, you get the one round of a mobile that's super quick, and then you get your gotcha fix. And I don't know if, like I'm not in it to spin for a bunch of different Marcus Phoenixes.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it'll be tough for them to adjust those games to that market. So yeah, that's probably not even worth doing, all right. Mobile game Destiny Rising has been announced by net Ease and Bungee It is the thing we were talking about on a few episodes back. I think we actually kind of broke part of the details on this. This is the one that net Ease has primarily been working making with Bungee. Bunchie has had some input. They have a few people helping out with it, but it's mostly a net East game. Preregistration is open. The first closed alpha test begins on November first in the US and Canada. It is set in an alternate Destiny timeline. I think what every Destiny player is craving for an alternate timeline. They're trying to say it's a Destiny caliber experience. It'll have like hero characters, though I don't think you build your own character. It's a massive investment for Netti's one hundred million dollars. Any interest in this one, no, but you know it can do well.
Speaker 5: Nettes did Diablo Immortal, and people don't talk about that game a lot, at least over here, but the game makes money.
Speaker 3: This could do a similar thing.
Speaker 5: I think it's funny with Diablo Immortal they like really try to like empiside. So oh, Blizzard is a big partner and we're pretty much also making this game in here, it's like Bungie's barely involved. Don't worry, right, yep, The marketing is a little different here. I just wonder how are the Destiny fans thinking about this, because they already feel kind of burned right now because there's been a lot of layoffs there. They are changing the way that content is coming to Destiny too. I think a lot of people maybe they don't want a Destiny three, but they want something significant. And again, even though I think that's why they're emphasizing this isn't bungeee, so like you know, Buddy's not doing this instead of making things that you probably actually care about. But there is just still a question of what is the future of PC and console Destiny yep.
Speaker 3: And we definitely had that conversation before, and it's like, I don't think much has changed. It's still boy, we got to make more money by making less content going forward to make Destiny to be something that we care about enough to then make a Destiny three. And that seems like a very hard thing to pull off. But we'll see. Who knows if Destiny Rising helps or hurts that, because yeah, you could just like annoy those core Destiny fans and then if it doesn't find that audience of its own, then it's kind of a disaster. But you know, maybe it maybe it will be Maybe it'll make a lot everyone involved, a lot of money. Who knows?
Speaker 2: Is this completely Is this mobile game completely isolated to its own experience? Is it like you get any bonuses or incentives for playing this that feedback into Destiny two? You think?
Speaker 3: I think it's probably mostly isolated, But I wouldn't be surprised if they had some stuff. That's like, if you played the mobile version, you get unlock some stuff in Destiny Proper and vice versa. They probably will have some of that kind of thing, but not I don't think there's gonna be deep links between the two. I don't think you're gonna be carrying forward resources from one into the other. Okay. Astrobot has outperformed virtually every non Mario platformer in a decade in Europe. PlayStation's Astrobot has had a successful launch in Europe, outperforming recent three D platformers like Sonic Frontiers and Crash for that's from gi Dot biz journalist Christopher Drink, who reports that Astrobot's sales are thirty four percent higher than Sonic Frontiers and fifty two percent higher than Crash for a month after its release. That's that's pretty good. That's really good I think for this platformer.
Speaker 5: Those are and those are multi platform games too, right right, song Frontiers and Crash for so that seems like really good news. We're still kind of curious to see if, like Sony's going to come out and say, hey, this game, you know, past five million sales or something like that. I really give us an idea of how happy they are. We might have to wait for an earnings report or something. But you know, I think there was like a fear that, oh god, what nobody cares about this game somehow because everything's terrible. It seems like at least that's not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this was like the best yeah, best case scenario that is still realistic, right, I think I had some unrealistic expectations. I think at the time I said, we're unrealistic that like in my dream scenario, it can be a game that sells ten million copies but being the best non Mario or best selling non Mario platform in the last ten years. Uh yeah, Astrobot deserves to do that, and it could do that, and now here we are it has accomplished exactly that. So good news, awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Tomb Raider four through six Remastered have been announced, launching in February. Games that people don't necessarily remember that fondly, but still pretty cool that they're doing this. This is from Aspire, the team that did the tumb Raider one through three remastered. They did a pretty decent job on those. I know there were some issues that people had, but I tried them out. It's like, yeah, this is fine. There's these modern controls. That's weird. And then I went back to tank controls and that was still fine as well. The game could be pre ordered now for thirty dollars. Yeah, they weren't cold.
Speaker 4: Is this Last Revelation? Is this like Chronicles?
Speaker 3: Like which the Last Revelation? Chronicles? And Angel Darkness?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, Angel Darkness is the PS two one.
Speaker 5: That's the one people have like the most disdainful, which makes it the what I'm the most interested in. Of course, I think it's great that they I don't think anybody expected them to do these right, because obviously what you three are the ones people have the affinity for. I think it's cool to do the less popular ones and give them that same treatment. I'm not a big two Raider person. Of a part of me is because I'm not a big two raid person. Yeah, like almost more interested in playing like the weird but Chronicles, which is like very bizarre, like we need to make another PS one Tumbrader just to make some money. So it's kind of a bunch of people sitting around telling stories about lore croftcause she's died in Revelation or something like that. Right, it's like a funeral part or something. I don't know, but yeah, like the series, like, well this is when the series was getting milked and at the time, yeah, be cynical about that, And now it's a curiosity.
Speaker 3: Yep. Angel Darkness had a lot of unfinished content that might be interested in interesting if they try to put that back in there in some way, which I don't think they've given any indication whether they would or would not do that, but they could and that could be pretty cool. Also, Yeah, like you said, just the fact that it's a PS two game, seeing that compared to these other games will be interesting to see how they improve that and make that remastered. All right, last thing here. Banda Namco has reportedly canceled several titles and is cutting its workforce. Banda Namco is reducing the workforce including and it's cutting games including One Piece Narudo and a Nintendo contract project ooh. The company is reportedly using the odashi beya practice beya yeah by practice to pressure employees to leave voluntarily, which sounds like a pleasant work and there, yeah.
Speaker 5: You mentioned before, Like I guess, like lay people off isn't as much a thing that Japan, so it's hard to do. They just remove people. They basically tell people that they have nothing to do and wait for them to leave on their own accord.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's it's yea quiet firing, I guess yeah. Bandy Namco Studios has reportedly moved two hundred workers to these rooms, leading to almost one hundred resignations so far. So that's how they try to get people to leave of their own accord. Bandy Namco says its decisions are based on comprehensive assessments and that employees will be assigned to new projects as the emerge. The company denies having having actually pressured people, but I don't believe them. This is so weird. Because it seems like Bandy Namco has been doing pretty well, like they have Elden Ring, Dragon Ball, Sparking Zero just came down and seems like that's a big hit. It's a smash it.
Speaker 5: Right, like Armored Court did pretty well. Like maybe sand Land didn't hit, but gosh, otherwise Sandland's.
Speaker 3: Got to be in line with all their other anime games, right, like, it couldn't have done that much worse. I what, what are the other aspects of Bandai Namco's business because Bandai Toy Company, right, what else do they do? I'm a I'm legitly Tomacgotchi, Toma Gotchy's in the fucking dirt right now, that's right, yeh, it's going to take down the whole front, so I don't And then like this Nintendo project, we thought that they were working on maybe you know, something like that kid Icarus Uprising Remaker remaster, but or they were hiring for an action game.
Speaker 5: How does a Nintendo contract project fall apart? That should be a slam dunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bizarre, it's it's weird. Tell me, tell me that this doesn't impact the future of Ridge Racer, Jeff Buddy, I just I mean, we just don't know. No, we just don't know. Uh, the these suits, they don't get it, Mike, I'm so sorry. They just don't fucking ridge on the race. That's what I was trying to say. Thank you for putting it so eloquently. Yeah, Bandy Namco is typicitely cover that. In like the last couple of years of following the pandemic, they were like, you know, we're gonna pay people more because we're doing so well after eld and Ring things like that. So it seems like a pretty severe backlash. I'm guessing that there's some other aspect of their business that we're not exposed to that it must be having some issues, and so they're like cutting costs across the board. But these are game projects that we're hearing about, one piece of rudeo and a Nintendo contract project. Maybe they're just all in on Elden Ring and that's gonna the elder Ring too. They're gonna get to work on that right away with From. Good luck getting From to do that like on a decent timeline.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I mean, because we don't know what From is doing next, and they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: They can do whatever they want.
Speaker 5: Band Dynamo wants it to just say Elden Ring two on the box.
Speaker 3: Yep, and there's yep. Frum's gonna have their own ideas and they deserve to kind of do whatever they want there. All right, that does it for the news, Jan I'm handing the show back.
Speaker 2: Over to you. I forgot to talk about this during the video game segment, but holy shit, is Sparking zero made for me? Hear it?
Speaker 3: Are one mostly or what?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I'm just reliving all of these encounters and doing the what IFFs. I need Gohann to defeat the androids so he doesn't lose an arm, and that.
Speaker 6: He saves trucks. It gives trucks the future he deserves. And I'm gonna go wax poetically about more dragon Ball and maybe how Fritza is the stupidest dragon Ball villain and I don't know why we keep Fritza around.
Speaker 3: All right, Right after this defeats Androids, Krilin will never get laid fine laid. Oh yeah, we'll read emails right after this. Bricky Britain, I like the hottest character. It's very impressive.
Speaker 2: Emails bombcasta giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to uh send emails about virtually any and everything, your favorite childhood toys or vehicles, the Spider Man, a t V that you got. Maybe it's a fun quiz A question I just want to do.
Speaker 4: This is more comfortable, Yeah, yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh is that still Done's music?
Speaker 3: Dan can say, John, Oh.
Speaker 4: It's more comfortable. This is a It's not for us because you're.
Speaker 3: Coming out of crutch first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say not really now now.
Speaker 3: Would like to be the rug on your bathroom floor when you're taking a ship.
Speaker 2: I've been curious.
Speaker 4: I guess it's kind of comfortable for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna move the document to cover dance cam because I just can't look at it anymore. Emails BombCast giant bomb dot com is the email address and emails too.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, perfect podcast.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with like I said last week, Travis from Fargo has broken the email metal wide open. Instead of asking one long question, Travis is pulling a Nathan from Tumwater, Washington and is shooting rapid fireques like it. So Travi's getting in the emails, folks. If you want to break apart your emails. Maybe that's what you gotta do, or just send a bunch In also shouts out to the person that is just using the BombCast email address as their own personal Twitter and sending updates about everything in their life. Oh yeah, thank you for that. Fun face reveals with well all right, Travis. For Fargo's questions this week are at what point in the year do you start feeling the hot breath of game of the year breathing down your neck?
Speaker 3: Now? Yep?
Speaker 5: October first, Yeah, yeah, ye, just really thinking about Oh what am I actually going to make sure I finish?
Speaker 3: That's why I started playing it there. I started playing Nine Souls and as I was installing it, I was like, I should be installing LAURALI in the Laser Eye, Like I feel I feel guilty about I'm starting a new game, and I feel guilty. I'm not starting yet another different new game that I haven't played. So it's just it's the worst.
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell you wh I think it's gonna be on my top ten, and I don't know if it's gonna be a lot of other people's top ten, but it's absolutely on there for me.
Speaker 3: Is our z.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's Zelda CDI inspired game.
Speaker 3: I thought that that was amazing. I gotta I want to plug the CDI controller in there and we should do one last streams. I think I have that game almost finished and I could finish it on stream. That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I really want to finish Space Marine two. Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be able to do another Marine Monday here coming up? That'd be good. If we're asking about Marine Monday on somewhere. People people like that.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to play that too. I like wanted to get like my brothers in on it and play through it with them.
Speaker 2: Would be a good game with the Minati bros.
Speaker 4: Tell you, I'm still working through all those UFO fifty games, and I got the Party House, and Party House is great. I don't know how much of that, Dan, I have to do that too.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: And then there's you know, there's still games coming. There's not a ton through the last quarter of this year, but there's still stuff coming out.
Speaker 5: Brothership God Martin. I didn't plan to be one you could put away in a weekend too.
Speaker 2: And I didn't play enough of Concord and then they got rid of them.
Speaker 3: That's right, ship, I didn't include that in the new story. Apparently they're updating Concord pretty frequently in the back end of steam.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe that'll come back.
Speaker 4: Just saying it out so we don't forget we have to do a best UFO fifty game category. Oh yeah, yeah, definitely, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, but thank you for that reminder. Dan Travis's next cue, would you rather have noodle hair or diamond teeth? Diamond teeth easily.
Speaker 3: Diamond teeth, yeah, diamond teeth like like shoot food noodles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, noodle hair would be would just be negative. Diamond teeth has some positives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you going to wash your noodle hair?
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel like you would eliminate a lot of dental issues because those diamonds aren't gonna getting chipped and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, right, They're the hardest material that we know.
Speaker 2: But you imagine biting the inside of your mouth or your tongue with that.
Speaker 3: You have teeth already hurt when I do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but now it's especially bad. Okay. Next question from Travis. Has a video game ever given you nightmares? Yes? Stress more like not nightmares, but stress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely had the Tetris stuff coming down at me, that the Tetra stream of all the pieces fallen and me not being able to keep up with them.
Speaker 2: I think the last one I had actually was Neon White because I had like wanted to get a time so bad and then I just kept restarting it.
Speaker 3: And Dragon Age is the Veilguard still coming out God And George George Bush is in Call of Duty Black Ops six, so I kind of want to play that campaign. I want to play that.
Speaker 2: It seems real stupid.
Speaker 3: Why are they all RPGs except for Black Ops six?
Speaker 4: It was a great solution, just don't play RPGs.
Speaker 2: What if we just say that Blotro wins this year and just call it a deck yea, yeah, all right Blatro metaphor We're done good?
Speaker 4: Oh no? Half right?
Speaker 2: Uh? All right? And last question from Travis this week, what's your favorite bonus food. I know some people love an onion ring in the fries, but my personal favor is when you get a milkshake at a diner and they give you the frosty metal mixing cup. Yep, oh wait, like bonus food, like you weren't expected. Oh this guy accidentally missed my question.
Speaker 3: Is the metal the metal mixing cup, Like you're not supposed to leave with that, right, no, no, no, okay, but like food, so so oh he's saying, like, there's you get the regular cup and then you also get those stuff that's in the rest of the metal cup.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you order a Bloody Mary and they'll give you like a little thing of beer on the side, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like right, yes, I get yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not huge milkshakes.
Speaker 2: I love the surprise curly fry and a Jack in the box bag, you know, sure, yeah, yeah. My favorite bonus food is when you order a specific number of wings out of place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is mine, and they'll give.
Speaker 2: You like, oh, ship, here's an eleven.
Speaker 3: Because you go to McDonald's and the McNuggets says the number that's supposed to be in there. And so the fact that there's eleven in this ten box, yeah, feels like you're getting away with so much.
Speaker 4: Sometimes two will be stuck together and then my count as one.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, sure, yeah, but no, I'm specifically mean when it's you can count eleven separate pieces, that feels really good.
Speaker 4: It's rare, it's rare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: Is the fortune cookie a bonus food because I never order of fortune cookie?
Speaker 3: I guess, but sometimes you don't know.
Speaker 4: What about I'll give you Andy's mint at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We we went to Olive Garden the other day when I was sad about the tigers tigers losing, and uh, we were most excited for the Andy's mensh.
Speaker 2: You know it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I'm so i Kep'm so mad. I can't pissing your burn end. Don't you do that? Jest the burdens?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, dann have you ever heard Mike Maharty go show shad, because Mike mikey sounded just like when Michael him says it to me show shad. Yeah, yeah, like different different contexts.
Speaker 4: By the way, in case you were all worried about more games coming out this year, Chat reminded me that Rise the Golden Idol is also next month. O man, that's ship yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, my my Tommy hurts thinking about the fucking games. Maybe we just have a hard cutoff, right like we do the Oscars or the Emmys. Everything.
Speaker 3: I have to do a hard cut off before Indiana Jones right, because that's December, so we're not gonna have time for that because we're gonna record our stuff for that. Oh dang, maybe right, maybe right as it's coming out. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What's going on at the end of this year is gonna be so fucking stressful, But it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. Next email is about hot dogs and comes from that. According to hot dash dog dot Org, the average American consumes seventy hot dogs per person per year.
Speaker 3: No, someone's throwing off the averages there.
Speaker 2: I mean that's chestnut.
Speaker 3: I had like sixteen for my birthday one year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wonder how that happened.
Speaker 4: How me, do you think you all eaten a year? I think ten to twelve for me.
Speaker 3: Maybe that sounds right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, okay, I you know, I go to Costco every now and then and I'll treat myself to a hot dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm probably like probably like twenty. I'll overestimate because I'll do like four for Fourth of July and fourth Memorial Day, and then I probably will have the occasional random dog at like, oh, I went to the movie theater and they had hot dogs there and it looked really good, and.
Speaker 2: I got one there. Oh man. Going back to camping, I taught my nephew who's three, to say I got that dog in me. And then I think he took it shoot seriously, because then he approached another group of children not part of our group, and then he just goes, I got that dog hidden me, and then he starts growling at the kids and barking, and I was like, I've never been more proud and terrified of the effect I have on children.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Also, he forgotten my name, so his dad was asking what's his name? What's his uncle's name? And then I just whispered to him Jan and then he says, oh, his name is uncle Jan. The whole time he thinks he has to whisper my name. It's great. Shout out to that kid. He's gonna be like dope as shit. Ye me and him the rest of the Matt's email. According to the restaurant White Castle, the average American consumes sixty burger patties per person per year. How many burgers slash hot dogs do you think you eat?
Speaker 3: Per year?
Speaker 2: Thanks y'all.
Speaker 3: Dan had three burgers today I did.
Speaker 8: I'd say, okayyuh, thirty a year sounds right, Maybe that's low, that sounds right.
Speaker 3: I mean I take the kids to McDonald's pretty frequently, about once a week. Uh, and most of the times these days I'm getting a big max. So, well, is that two burgers? Yeah, that counts two burger patties. Yeah, that's two burgers. So I'm probably like yeah, I'm like fifty sixty.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. Okay, I thought it was easily burgers, but because of ordering burgers. But I eat a lot of local Moco and that just increases the burger patty count. That sucks up the burger meta patties. Yeah, a Loco Moco is steamed rice, burger patties and gravy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that on a food network.
Speaker 2: Oh and if it's a local Mocho, it comes with eggs. God. I just want to drown myself in Loco Moco after this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to dcinc with some Loco Moco. Mike, what a way to decink.
Speaker 3: Dying?
Speaker 4: Where's this come from your cebread.
Speaker 3: Game series Assassin's Creed?
Speaker 5: Okay, you can't say kill yourself on things, so you have to say first people were saying on Alive and then we.
Speaker 3: Do you mean TikTok like TikTok specific?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, We're gonna skip that email and we'll go back to the first one here. Andrew from Virginia writes in Hey Bombers, I've been watching a lot of old wrestling recaps on YouTube. One particular channel has a gimmick where the hosts have boy stables, a group of low to mid tier wrestlers that they love more than the average fans should only requirements for a boy stable that that wrestler may not have been in the main title picture. Got me thinking, what is Giant Bombs? What is Giant Bomb's boy stable of video game characters? With love from Virginia Andrew.
Speaker 5: The soup the two that you both just said. I feel like I'm a real big cult following. They've already transcended to.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that's right, You're right, he has a cult following.
Speaker 2: Would would like did he Kong be eligible for the Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Something, you know if you like Kitty Conger linky.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so let's let's just go down the line. We'll go me first. Grub Dan then Mike okay, okay, okay, uh Ship, now I said it? Uh no doubt already? Okay, Actually we'll start in reverse. Mike goes, yeah, echo the Dolphin.
Speaker 4: There's a main event. I mean, yeah, that's the title character.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's like being on the.
Speaker 3: Back a strong time. That's true. Might be right, Ship?
Speaker 4: Are we all toads Worth?
Speaker 3: Oh? No one likes toads Worth.
Speaker 2: Toadsworth can Yeah, I like Toadsworth.
Speaker 5: You're definitely right. He qualifies.
Speaker 4: But well that's my pick.
Speaker 3: How do you like toads Worf? He's just a characters to.
Speaker 4: Talk to you because when you spray him and son training, he goes and it's really fun.
Speaker 3: I could do it. I could be toads Worth.
Speaker 4: Extra life that he doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: I got I got mine. I never played this game, but I saw the ads in a bunch of man sines. I think it's a euro platform.
Speaker 2: Zool No one, No one cares about Zool Okay, okay, mine, Charmie b from Heroes, sure, mine from some curios from Snuckle's Chaotics.
Speaker 4: My goodness, what about anyone that's in Diddy Kong Racing that's not Dinny Kong.
Speaker 3: Or those are all boys the Elephant or whatever. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Turty the Turtle U R D Skyla skyl.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, all right, Mike, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Boy Slippy Slippy Toad.
Speaker 5: Slippy.
Speaker 3: It's like more than a thousand pages returned on Google that include that have R thirty four results. Then you can't know.
Speaker 4: Slippy Toad porn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, yeah, of course there is.
Speaker 5: I'm not I would see it, but come on, of course there is.
Speaker 4: There's no way Slippy Toad had a main event at any point. Like Slippy Toad is like Star Fox Guard, Star Fox Guard. Oh Jesus, Slippy Toe's a hardcore hollyod best.
Speaker 2: No, I think Slippy is like Slippy made a run in on a main event and was involved in one maybe Bulldog. Oh he's in a six challenge okay, SIXPEC challenge. Yeah yeah, does anyone have a second. Let's just get to three for the boy stable for now.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, a second, because that was so hard to do that first one.
Speaker 3: Burst Sparks Spars is a main eventor I was just trying to make Mike mad. I am mad. I'm especially mad that Jar's like who is this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh okay axl from Twisted Metal two.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I think about Axel a lot.
Speaker 4: Here's the cover.
Speaker 3: Like that man between It's great character designed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: The robot Turtle from one of the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, sure?
Speaker 3: Uh, the the old guy with the robot arms some streets of h three old robot man? Oh right, yeah, what's it? Zan or deader? Damn?
Speaker 4: I guess what about Sector sector?
Speaker 5: Sector?
Speaker 3: Kind of? I mean maybe I'm biased, but I think about Sector a lot.
Speaker 2: People rubbed you got a second.
Speaker 3: Rising xam had I joke. No, maybe Mallow's too well known. Boogerman Uh yeah, but that game was not a main event in anyone's like okay, well Booger Man.
Speaker 4: Event in my life.
Speaker 5: I think Booger may might be a better gamefect.
Speaker 2: You take that back you. The world is not ready for me to get on my soapbox about Vector Man.
Speaker 3: What's the witch character? No, the girl character from Warrior where.
Speaker 2: All women are.
Speaker 3: Mona nine voult eighty eighteen volt or eighteen volt? You with the mom Wait? Wait, what what's the what's the big guy's weird?
Speaker 5: I don't like this guy. I don't like this grown adult dressing. You can't hang out with a kid all day, no bad vibes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that's sounds like a wrestling character, so that's true.
Speaker 2: I'll pick a sid from any of the Final Fantasies.
Speaker 5: Which one I need to UVA. Don't pick Sydney.
Speaker 3: That's not allowed.
Speaker 2: So are you gonna pick Sydney? Mike? Is that what.
Speaker 3: TV from Fantasy?
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: I wore a VV shirt out to a random bar this weekend and I had two random people at the bar say, oh, hell yeah, VV. So absolutely not?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: VV is so over? Give me a break.
Speaker 2: Damn you got another person in the boys Stable video games.
Speaker 4: I feel like we don't have enough fighting game characters in there.
Speaker 3: Funny game is a little like poor from Star Wars Masters.
Speaker 4: All right, I think naming jobbers.
Speaker 3: I think that like ruby Hart.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll put ruby Hart for you. It'll be hard from the O C from I was Capcom two as a bathing. I love ruby Hart any of the.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that Ball three D was like supposed to be a bad game until relatively recently. I was like, all right, if Miguel was so it throwed with quote unquote three D graphics that I was like, well, this is great, right, and.
Speaker 3: Now that's why I was so excited for it, and then I think I played it a few years later was not impressed.
Speaker 2: We should have a BCR after we've had some more time to talk about think about boy stables and who Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do a boy stable draft, but it might be hard because it might be difficult to like say who is allowed and who's not.
Speaker 4: We should do a Balls Week where we do like balls three D. There's a cyberball game, there's marble madness, there's you know, any kind of baseball basketball.
Speaker 2: This is where we finally played dodgeball against kind of funny you know. That's where ball during Balls Week.
Speaker 3: You just got to take out snow Bike Mic first. He's their emotional leader.
Speaker 2: I think we have to focus fire on them, you know. That's that's what we got to do. We got to go all units on on them, Like we have a tier list of who to take out as we're playing bike Yeah, snow Bike Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Once he's once he's down, once he's dead.
Speaker 2: We killed the spirit of their team and then they they fall apart. That's what we got to do. Yeah, uh front front runner for my boy stable. If we're talking wrestlers, the fucking Japanese buzzsaw to Jerry.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 4: I remember being convinced that that sound when he kicked people in the head, and was like, yeah, you just like it. He just snapped their head real fast with his kicks and it's like I had no idea was clapping his leg.
Speaker 2: It's still still real.
Speaker 5: Was a pirate and for some reason I really believed in that gimmick. I thought that was gonna go please yo, he he would be a prime leader of a boy stable.
Speaker 2: Yeah were.
Speaker 3: No, I did not like. I'm not a big fan of that one.
Speaker 2: Oh right, friends, That about does it for emails once again. Bomb cast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to send them about virtually any and everything. What have we got going on this week? It's a shorter week because of Indigenous People's Day. We haven't figured it out ourselves, but it's looking like maybe we will have to have a d like club because one Lucy James is she's fleeing her blight. That confirmed on slack She's unavailable this week.
Speaker 4: Mitch, do we just have Grub play Incredible Crisis that or you guys play. Yeah, I would like we didn't just talk about incredible crisis though, I.
Speaker 5: Think I think watching Grub play Incredible Crisis would be incredible.
Speaker 3: I would like to get it going.
Speaker 4: Make sure it's a little input lag as possible, because there's some time.
Speaker 2: Yes, very important bus.
Speaker 5: I think the spoils is passing that we'll let everybody help identify one of the bots that they got, astrobot that they probably had no idea, what ye grub look up?
Speaker 4: Look up how to please a woman on a ferris wheel.
Speaker 2: Please also work on your skink. Okay, all right, work on your skanking. Can we get a pretview just the top half of the skanking? Yeah yeah, no, no, that's like that's like, no, you're like doing the running Man. That's not a skank.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the bottom half the skank. It happens happens below the waist.
Speaker 4: They made me do their running Man during my in the key contestion. See if I knew how to do it?
Speaker 2: Did you? No?
Speaker 4: I like guess what the dance was.
Speaker 2: People are saying that Grub is white. Skanking is for the whites. Is it not take that from us. Okay, Gamess Mornings the rest of this week, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, I was googling how to skank? All right, Yes, we'll have Gameless Mornings Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and then, folks, if you missed us saying this at the top of the show, stay tuned this Thursday because the hope and the dreams are that we will have We will be throwing a Mario party party featuring these three bloed boys, featuring Jeff Grubb, Dan rekerd Mike Manatti get those forties out. And also the fourth person part disipating in this party will be our dear friend, Bailey Myers. It's gonna be a blood bath. No one is ready. I still think we should shoot shoot promos against each other. It'd be hilarious. Can we just make a shirt that says fear Bailey and just not tell her and then it's just like in like Kevin Owens font.
Speaker 4: With like do an actual Bailey shirt. I guess she doesn't really have any like super famous shirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not a hugger, No, she's more of a like I'm just gonna dismantle you emotionally and all right, folks, then regular programming as per usual. I believe Jeff Jeff is making its triumphant return this week. Voicemailed Dump Truck late later this week. Maybe we'll do something with all the Steam Next Best demos as well, since there may be time. Gentlemen, what do we learned today? We learned that metaphor refantasio is maybe stupid. The other way, we learned that Dan now hates Mario Party and has never liked a Nintendo product. We also learned that humans are the enemy, and it's also a metaphor for darker things in there.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: We also learned that perhaps the people that make Pokemon are the real game freaks. And we learned that there are in fact a lot of contenders for a whole of the year for the whole category in four. Who knew that Holes would be so popular.
Speaker 5: My favorite thing about this humans thing is that I told you all about that after I played it at SGF, I was like, no, like, the humans are the back this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Holes.
Speaker 3: Stop jerking off the air, Dan, Yeah, I only do it on air. That's where we get paid. Holes slash Beat for the Boy Boy Division or whatever it was called boy Stable boy Stables for Mega man X three slashes. My bad hutting man.
Speaker 2: Is okay? All right, well the Giant BombCast. We'll see you next Tuesday. He's been Jeff, he's been Dad, he's been Bike, I've been Jan and boy.
Speaker 7: Howdy folks, let me tell you about metaphor we've bentasio and how we are going to dismantle everything when it comes to organized religion, colonialism, the baby relationships, even public transport.
Speaker 2: We should build more walkable cities in general.
Speaker 7: I think I regret that buzz balls have become associated with my personal brand.
Speaker 3: That's right, take both hands like you're worse.
Speaker 2: Shand it could be Yeah, it could be worse.
Speaker 3: I could be associated with race, says.
Speaker 2: I'm a homophobia shoot or unshoot.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't forget the misogyny.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I never forget about the misogyny. It makes me uncomfortable, and we talk about it on our Wednesday meetings.
Speaker 1: First, let's joint podcast.
Speaker 2: I hope you're doing well. I love you, kisses on the mouth, kisses on the cheek and kisses kisses, but only with consent.
Speaker 3: We'll see you Shine Popcast