Speaker 1: Delan sucks, hold on guys, dribbling around, dribbling around.
Speaker 2: One more time, ten sacks of yell. Game play is winding down, inbound pass, throw it to me. Oh no, I'm on my butt. I fell down. Throw it over my head. God, oh we lost the bear. A flawless Dwan Harris impersonation. I thought that wasn't on the pod for a second. Well, I'm a lot louder than Dewan, but pretty much how he played. This is their first level quality in this podcast?
Speaker 3: Is me Welcome to the Camus three beers deep podcast?
Speaker 2: Allegedly it's not allegedly not less.
Speaker 3: Than three Philip, we need to shoot more threes self, after his team shot twelve, twelve, three and forty minutes as.
Speaker 2: They swelled too many guys and the tree falls in a forest. But the tree shot for three pointers in the first quarter. The tree did not deserve to fall. I feel like we could just do this for an hour and a half, this over and over. That's what they deserve, is my therapy session. I paid better help for this eleven times.
Speaker 3: You guys, remember what I said at the beginning of the year that I would paste one sad landing picture in the notes for every loss that you remember, Well, there are eleven sad landing pictures here. You have to scroll quite a ways to get past the sad land and Wan tag.
Speaker 2: You have to scroll further than Kansas's quad one wins.
Speaker 3: Hey hey, now Cam their best road win of the season. Cincinnati got swept by k State tonight. If you want to know how that's.
Speaker 2: Going, Yeah, Cincinnati, yep, was that with a Coleman Hawkins lest kans Estate. No, he did play.
Speaker 3: He did show up and play, but it was fifty four to forty nine, so I don't know that.
Speaker 2: He didn't really play. He was there. He was like drs Ever sing, Yeah, that's ozy.
Speaker 3: Fantastic jingle, less than fantastic basketball team that we are about to talk about. Well, because well you you already know why damnit Bill And also just for the record, damn it Jayhawks, because Kansas loses again. They have yet to win twenty games, but oh boy have they lost eleven times? And you get no, yeah, okay, there's gonna be several times tonight that we just get out of Cam's way, you know what, and let him take it.
Speaker 2: Just drop the mic. Here we go, guys, I've always said this, if your team's record reflects somewhat close to the year that the Titanic Snake sank, it's probably a sign it's time to stop caring. That is true.
Speaker 3: If they were to lose to Arizona, their record would be the year the Titanic sank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nineteen twelve.
Speaker 3: Correct In, We're much more accustomed to Kansas's record being very very distant in the future. Years like three hundred and are thirty one and I guess no, it would be three digits because they wouldn't be thirty one and ten. It'd be like three hundred and fourteen. It'd be like many, many years in the past, not years.
Speaker 2: That were quite recent. Because yeah, Cambra one of the fourth power of Kansas, one hundred and twelve, number four USC ten.
Speaker 3: You already know what we're going to talk about on today's show, and it's going to be pretty entertaining because Cam is the opposite of the basketball game you watched the other night. Entertaining, fun and worth your time. This is itp and I'm Ryan Landrad, I'm Landing Fields and.
Speaker 2: I'm CAM and I Am not worth your time. No, you're You're death.
Speaker 3: Worth our time, especially if you're comparing it to the fighting to Jan Harris as who went down to the usage.
Speaker 2: Guys in the show notes for anybody that cares our show is we've reached a point where Landon has an increasing size with sad Landings. He goes from small pyramid to big pyramid. It's kind of like the Aliens allegedly built the pyramids of Gaza. I don't believe that conspiracy theory, but if you want to go ahead and look it up. But Landon gets increasingly bigger in size with every single loss, which leads me to believe that the season ending loss when Kansas loses to ten seed Drake and the around of thirty two pints will be the entire note section. Hey now, hey, now, I think you mean the round of sixty four. They playing a ten seed in round two. That's the that's the first round game now. Character is a stupid yety my fortnight character when I play Xbox is a developmentally challenged YETI and I take that persona on when I get on a microphone. How's gonna make it through this episode?
Speaker 4: To make matters way better? ESPN Bracketology mocked seven seed Kansas to play ten seed VCU.
Speaker 2: Oh jesus, oh, they'll win that game.
Speaker 3: They'll win the completely irrelevant seventy ten game because they they'll they lost to that team on a big stage, so they'll beat them by six and then get smashed by two seed Tennessee or whoever they play.
Speaker 2: If they lost them on a big stage, does that mean they lose by them to like twenty four on a smaller stage? Is that how all right? We'll find out.
Speaker 3: Usually when they lose in the NCAA tournament, they get their money to worth. So if that's the loss, you have to expect it will be bad. This game was not a huge loss by point margin, but it still counts all the same.
Speaker 2: Here we go, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Help me number three used in sixty five Kansas fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I think that I should lead off with the biggest l of the win, which happened to Landon, and pick them who picked this game correctly but predicted Kansas would score seventy count them seventy points in this basketball doing.
Speaker 4: I was as drunk as cam'sgend an apartment that I'm living in down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, Kansas, uh Okay, Land and go ahead and read the read the game story, because as who what else would the people want to know? Three days after this snooze fest of a game, then a complete, the completely detailed recap as to how it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get it. Nine point underdog Jayhawks walked into battle hardened Houston. They trailed by three at halftime and even taking a thirty nine to thirty six lead with fifteen minutes left in the second half. Thirty nine thirty six second half score I picked seventy. I don't know what I'm doing, but back to back threes by Houston gave the Cougars the lead back. In case you spent the rest of the night trailing between one and six, they had countless chances to pull the big upset. They were in the game for the entire second half. It was a game, but they couldn't stop turning it over on offense, particularly very notably at the end of the game, and they couldn't corral Aboard on the other end, as Houston crashed the glass on offense yet again. Yeah, result, was it closer than expected? Eleventh loss of the year. Are we believers in moral victories?
Speaker 2: I am not Cam cam at your floor. Oh boy, the floor's falling out, because boys, moral victories for a preseason number one team do not exist. This team, not this year, the year prior. Fun fact, preseason number one as well. Hunter Dickinson said, I like to think and I like to know the fact we're better than everybody else. Turns out, you guys kind of suck. You're not better than everybody else. You still suck. No moral victories. This team is trending towards a seven seed to eight seed, maybe a nine seed. And quite honestly, yeah, you played them close, but you still lost. Same thing that we saw earlier in the year. We know that you can't close out close games. This team kind of blows Ryan your thoughts.
Speaker 3: More or less what you said, Like, you know, you're the preseason number one team and you're in seventh place in the Big twelve and you've lost like nine of your last like fifteen games. I don't want to hear anything about moral victories. I will say that there was some things to be encouraged about that can be true while not being happy with the close loss.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 4: It's closely the worst game of all time.
Speaker 3: Correct, it was not a good performance and you considering, well, they did some things well, but they also did the two things that they did not do well really stand out. That would be offensive rebounding. I'll go ahead and read the stats and then i'll get into this.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: The two big stats to take away from this matchup. Kansas allowed seventeen offensive rebounds, and they turned the ball over twenty times.
Speaker 2: They are relevant.
Speaker 3: And this team had more turnovers than basket stat we always say they had twenty turnover in just nineteen baskets. Yes, Cam, if a team has twenty turnovers in the game, would you believe that's led by a seventeenth year senior.
Speaker 2: Point That's what I was going to headband.
Speaker 3: That's yes, don't forget about the head band, sir, That's what I was going to say. The two reasons they lost this game show just why this season has been so frustrating. On the offensive glass. You know that that's Houston Strings, you know that that's what they're gonna try to do, and you still couldn't stop it. And the turnovers. You're the oldest team in the Big twelve, you're the most experienced. Yes, they they're Strings five are one hundred years old.
Speaker 2: Literally, and their coach is eight hundred years old and coaches like Stone Age, correct. Yeah, that's that's the part that like, is there ways to be encouraged about. Yeah, if they're going to have success, this is going to be how they have to play good on defense, scrappy, gut it out sort of basketball. If they're gonna have anything resemblance to sets of the tournament, you just watch the style that it's gonna take. But no, I'm not gonna say moral victory step in the right direction. When you're super experienced basketball team that starts all these fifth year seniors goes on the road and can't stop turning the ball over, they should be so much better than that.
Speaker 3: In two games versus Houston this year, Kansas turned the ball over thirty two times to just eleven for the Cougars. And an unbelievable stat I've never seen in a Kansas game before Landon. They took an unfathomable twenty six fewer shots than Houston in a game they lost by six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how that's actually possible, I guess, And Houston really did not shoot the ball that well, I guess. It's what happens when Houston doesn't shoot the ball that well and you turn the ball over twenty times, Houston takes a lot more shots than you. That is unbelievable though, like I agree, I've never seen that before in a Kansas game.
Speaker 3: It's pretty wild to think that if they had turned the ball over fourteen times, which going into the game you would have said, huh oh, that's still quite a bit of turnovers. I think they win. If they had walked out of here with fourteen turnovers, that's how wild this is. Instead, you get twenty, which I mean that's more than like, is there a moral victory. No, you turn the ball over more times than you made shots.
Speaker 4: Correct, And boy, that last one, that last turnover hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly. Gosh some season right there.
Speaker 3: Fifth year senior Zeke Mayo and fifth year senior Dwan Harris and they can't even throw the things.
Speaker 2: I can kind of feel bad for these guys, honestly, I kind of feel bad for them, Like I kind of feel like these guys should not be put in this position to where they should be leading a number well a preseason number one team crunch time. These guys should not be playing the bulk of the minutes. At least Jawan Harris.
Speaker 3: Also, I misspoke their fourth year senior, Zeke Mayo, making.
Speaker 2: Him Yes, this is Zeca's fine, It's not.
Speaker 3: Zeke's fourth year has been eating out of a trash can for the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, but compared to Harris.
Speaker 3: Would you believe it if I told you that fourth year senior Zeke Mayo was the youngest player on the floor for Kansas when that turnover happened.
Speaker 2: John Wilkes Booth is the backup shooting guard for this team.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, at least that man could actually land a.
Speaker 2: Shot much higher. Yeah, yeah, if is a shooter self, Abraham Lincoln would be eight hundred and forty five years old today. Go ahead, Cam, tell me about Dewan Harris. We'll lead off with him. I forgot how to read aka, let me scroll down. We begin with Dewan Harris, who gave Kaans absolutely nothing in a team leading thirty four minutes. He finished with two points to assist, two turnovers and three fouls while taking just two shots. How is that possible? Harris is now the schools all time leader in both minutes played and games played. He's made four shots in seventy minutes against in Houston games his team lost by combined eleven points. He's also drawn a foul in just two of his last eight games. In an era where everybody wants to score in more ways than ever before, Dwan Harris, he simply does not. Yeah, Landon, we said forever.
Speaker 3: The argument with Thedwan Harris is he can score, he just chooses not to. I don't think that's the Yeah. I just don't think it's part of his game. I don't think he's capable of scoring the ball.
Speaker 2: You're right, it completely is not. He isn't. He isn't.
Speaker 4: He is not reliable, He's not dependent because A refuses to look to score, and B is quite easy to shut down if you have guys that are athletic that can guard on the perimeter, and Houston has that in spades, and so does Tech. And that's really really evident. He is remarkably easy to shut down. And you're more than happy to leave him open on the three point line because he's a probably not gonna take it.
Speaker 2: If he does, he's probably gonna miss. And that's like.
Speaker 4: Overwhelmingly obvious in in the last few games and once again, a point that I've made before and we'll make again. Kansas's seasons, and I know this isn't literal to the end that's gonna happen in a couple of weeks the season land for the Jayhawks. But Kansas's seasons usually are like this amalgam not amalgamation, but like they are a like distillation.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: They are a distillation of everything that's wrong with the team. And this is exactly that. And that one Harris usually isn't that bad. He's usually too much better than this. But two points, two assists, two turnovers, three fouls, only taking two shots like that is like what we would dream up as a fake bad to one Harris game. But here we are, here we are, and this is this is what he is and it's this is why the team is what it is and is what it has been over the last couple of years. Is because you have a point guard like the one Harris that refuses to score and even when he tries, isn't very good at it, and there's not really much more or two with than that. Yes he can pass the ball, yes he will defend, and yes he will make steals occasionally and stuff like that. But when you have a team like this, you need a guy who can who can take the reins and say, okay, my ball, my time, and they just do one. Harrison has never been that and is never going to be that.
Speaker 3: Dewan Harris is, I believe, when all said and done, will be underappreciated at Kansas. I think that the book will show that he especially for the struggles the last two teams have had.
Speaker 2: I think fans will remember him in a more.
Speaker 3: Negative way than they should because he is a national champion and he ultimately didn't decide to start himself one hundred and seventy odd times or whatever it is. He is not being utilized in a role that best suited his strengths. Bill self has gone all in on quarterback Dewan Harris two years in a row, and it just I mean, I've seen the argument for him on Twitter be he's a national champion point guard. He is a national champion point guard. But yeah, with four players correct, he had and he is a actual scoring point guard rising from the Ashes in a lost season, coming off the bench and saving them away from his legacy being as of now zero to four in the round of thirty two. They won in that tournament because they had an actual scoring point guard that could come in and take the bulk of Dewan Harris's minutes. He's not a clutch player. We saw him step on the line in the National Championship game. I don't know how many examples you need to see of him making killer mistakes when it matters. Most landon you and I talked about how he is a basketball version of Alex Smith, who was known as a penny slots kind of guy. He was safe, he didn't make mistakes, but he didn't give you a lot of uphut.
Speaker 2: Slots are not safe. According to my experience, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think Dewan Harris is like Alex Smith in the sense that he doesn't make mistakes. I think he makes killer mistakes. And he's had a good career. He's he's racked up a ton of volume stats, obviously, But yeah, I think ultimately Kansas is is epitomized by what Dewan Harris is not. They're not clutch, they're not a vocal leader, they're not they don't look like they're really having any fun, and they can't score the ball enough Dewan Harris doesn't make the guys around him better like so many point guards we've seen in the past.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: I did a lot of digging onto one Harris stats. Dude, you've drawn two. You've drawn a foul twice in the last eight games. How ridiculous is that?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Can't freak it's been at all. Frank Mason didn't go a half without drawing a foul. And I know that's not super fair to compare him to an all time great, but you got at least try and like he was a he was a very good three point shooter for most of his career. Starting last January, last conference play, and all of this year. He's a sell thirty three point shooter.
Speaker 2: Do you think got worse he was a good shooter or was that the fact he wasn't shooting that much? I think it's it's that. I think it's both.
Speaker 3: I think it definitely is partly that, but I definitely think it's true to say he has regressed.
Speaker 2: I also wonder, too, if it's partially the fact that he might feel he needs to shoot. Well, we can't actually, I can't even say that because he's not shooting. But I was gonna say he doesn't shoot he needs to shoot more now because the team doesn't have three point shooters. But yeah, but if he did a point, if he did shoot more, it wouldn't go well. Like everybody's like, man for want.
Speaker 3: They act like if he would just take a few more shots that they wouldn't go in the basket.
Speaker 2: He said, this guy's plot looks like mine in fifth grade.
Speaker 3: He's played one hundred and seventy games at Kansas, and he scored twenty points once. I know that there are plenty of experts or lack thereof that may insist that a point guard doesn't mean I am indeed saying that they're not experts right here, that Dwan Harris, it doesn't matter that he's only scored twenty points once because he does a little thing he did there. He's also lost twenty two games in counting as the primary point guards is.
Speaker 2: Twenty and seventeen in Big twelve play with the one Harris captain in the team. There you go that yep, and it's not good. It's not good, yep.
Speaker 3: And you know they were thirty four and six the year that he was the primary point guard.
Speaker 2: That team loses in the.
Speaker 3: Round of thirty two years and a two thousand point scorer that was mismanaged and then saved them twice in the NCAA tournament. Yes, yep, it's just disappointing, But I don't think it's really fair to be disappointed into one Harris for what he's not. It's more disappointed if the coaching staff went all in on a point guard that can't score, has never proven that they can score, and expected the offense to not be working like. The offense has gotten worse in each of the three years to one Harris has been this team's primary point guard that despite having Hunter Dickinson's going to be a two time All American, Grady dick, Kevin McCuller, guys who were NBA player, the offense has gotten worse every year.
Speaker 4: Jalen Wilson having maybe the second greatest offensive season in Bill Self's tenure.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: And that was that was the best version of Harris, by the way, that twenty twenty three team, that was the best version of Harris. He got worse last year. And I know, I said, yes, Kansas should want him back. I said, that's the guy that they should want running the show because I thought the other pieces around him would be better. But I didn't think he would have the worst shooting season of his career.
Speaker 2: Harris is like a Mexico version of Dollar General Rajon Rondo A very if.
Speaker 3: The only way that you that I see Rajon Rondo comparisons with the one Harris is that they both wear headbands.
Speaker 2: Correct, That's kind of what I was getting at. Both can't shoot, both wore head bands, and one of them is significantly worse than the other. That's rare. Well, and I didn't say wish, So don't hand on me Kansas, Twitter Landon. How's about Zeke Mayo? Oh? Oh bad, really really bad?
Speaker 4: He did score seven, which isn't even that good, but that barely totaled more than his six turnovers in thirty four minutes. He took just six shots all night. How about this stat? In his last three games, Zeke Mayo has one three attempted or made either way.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. Made.
Speaker 4: He's attempted far more than that, which makes it worse. Uh yeah, one three made and fourteen turnovers. I sometimes also have the of that has some water on it. One three made, but fourteen turnovers.
Speaker 2: That's the worst stat I've ever I've ever seen a Kansas player. Have they, like, really, that's the worst stat I've seen. I kind of feel bad for Zeke Mayo. Oh I do too. He's nonetheless, there's okay, guys, there's a reason he played for South Dakota State. He's a really good player, but there's definitely a reason why he did play for South Dakota State.
Speaker 4: He is way games has been like huffing solvents on the sideline, like he's just yea of paint.
Speaker 2: That's the best trade. In the last three games.
Speaker 3: He is way way more Nick Timberlake in the sense that if he's not hitting threes, he's given you nothing. And not just nothing, but Nick Timberlake was unique in the sense that there have been players at Kansas that when they're not making threes, they're giving you zero. Nick Timberlake, when he wasn't giving you threes was a minus. He was committing turnovers and fouls and like it was, it was actively worse with him in the game if he wasn't making threes than just being neutral that Zeke Mayo he is for being a fourth year player. He is so careless with the ball, just that he steps on the line at least once a game, he loses the ball at a bounds at least once a game.
Speaker 4: And he's won just horrifically stupid pass every like a half almost.
Speaker 3: At a clutch, clutch moment. And he is still the best shooter on the team. And yeah, he's had a whole two games like it's it's not.
Speaker 2: He's a good shooter. Brandon Brandon Green committed a dick move so Zeke Maya could walk y. I thought about that the other day. I thought about how Self h through Brandon Green in the doghouse for something that he never would have thrown most players in the doghouse for that. Brandon Green dunk was not a big deal.
Speaker 4: I was in Allen Fieldhouse for that Brandon Green dunk.
Speaker 2: You remember that.
Speaker 3: You remember thinking, oh he dunked it, and Self got his panties in a wad to say the least.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh yeah, cool, screwcase State, And then Bill Self was like furious.
Speaker 2: Bill Self was upset.
Speaker 3: We used to think this team was good at not turning the ball over, remember whenever we said that, and they were they were good early in the year with low turnover rate. Turns out that may have just been because they were playing Furman and UNC Wilmington and rocking up those early stats.
Speaker 2: Guys, we always do yeah that merchants. Yeah, we two always do this.
Speaker 4: Remember when last year's team was like an absolute, like passing savant level team, but it was just NC or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kevin McCully the year, Kevin mccu.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was short lived, HBCU, Kevin my like mccollor. Sorry, I'm sorry for if anybody, If anybody stops listening uh to our show tonight, I apologize, and I actually take credit for it. You're all six people are still here. They know they four of them three left right now? A. Yeah, they turn it over too much.
Speaker 3: And you know what happens whenever teams are known for turning it over a lot, usually a really really bad season ending loss in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: I wonder what's coming? Never seen?
Speaker 3: Tell me about Land and tell me about the Biggs, because I guess these two were both really good.
Speaker 2: I think it's very clear that after the.
Speaker 3: Utah game, after the Utah trip, kJ and Hunter did some serious soul searching, And I'd love to know what conversations were had or what kind of conflicts happened, because those two have been spectacular in their last three games and they deserve way better than the one and two record that their guards have led them to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're definitely not wrong. That would be interesting. I do wonder if that was like a Bill self goes to those guys, or if like Dickinson Adams Harris have like a pow wow privately or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It would be predascinating to know what happened there. But uh, they've been very good, Adams and Dickinson in the last handful of games. Dickinson led Kansas with seventeen points, twelve rebounds, and thirty one minutes. In this game, he took a beating all night with Houston's typical physical style defense. He also fouled out and turned the ball over seven times himself while fighting the worst whistle he's gone this year. kJ had fifteen points on three of seven shooting, highlighted though by going nine to ten at the line, which is really nice thirty three minutes. He also committed zero KU's twenty turnovers.
Speaker 2: He did his job. No complain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people who are bitching about Hunter on Twitter at.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the game?
Speaker 3: Whenever you're asking a seven footer to play point forward because the one headband Harris has given you nothing and Zeke Mayo can't stop stepping on the line, I think it's unfair to criticize the turnovers when you're at they're asking him to do something that just isn't his strengths. His not all turnovers are equal. When you have a guard that commits seven turnovers, it's their job to protect the ball. Hunter Dickinson was being asked to literally facilitate the freaking offense while being double teamed because nobody in the backcourt could do anything. I'm not blaming Hunter for that. In the last three games, Dickinson has sixty seven points and thirty four rebounds. kJ has fifty one and nineteen in three games by himself, And yes, Kansas is one and two and the win was a seven point escape against the worst team in the conference player and they're going to play through their big If you ever want proof that you gotta play through your guards in modern college basketball, look no further than Hunter Dickinson being an All American and kJ Adams turning into the incredible hulk as Kansas goes one and two, with the one win being against lousy ash Colorado barely.
Speaker 2: Yep, turns out guard play matters. Yep, sure it does. They had one good guard. Cam. Tell me about David Koy.
Speaker 3: He was good, not good enough to start in the second half because Bill self is, well, you already know the song.
Speaker 2: You want me to fire it up again? Here you go. This is why David Koy didn't start. Tell me about it. Yeah. David kit the savior for the New Testament Hawks, which turned out to be a false prophet, was also really good. He had fourteen points in twenty nine bench minutes. He was four for six from three. He added four assists and four rebounds in his last eleven games despite the team being five and six, Quoit is twenty four for fifty two from three, which is forty six percent. He probably should start, but hey, it is like Bill Soelf has been known to start de Wan Harris over a superior point guard. Am I right, guys, Damn, damn, damn.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that I'm on the koit should start training, But.
Speaker 2: He's you're wrong, Landing, You're wrong, land and he's got to start over Harris. He's got to be the point He should start over Harris. But it won't matter like this, guys.
Speaker 3: David koit's got to be the team's point guard.
Speaker 2: If they want to do anything in.
Speaker 3: The tournament, Harris can play. Yeah, they won't want fifteen minutes on the but no, it won't. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I'm done. Koit's got to start a point He won't, but he should, agreed.
Speaker 3: What does he do worse than Harris except forget steals defense. He doesn't wear a head man that's true, have general awareness on the court.
Speaker 2: His hairline is from the old testament.
Speaker 3: He's a superior shot creator, and if you're going to play through Big your point guard has to be a shot creator.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced that this Caroline has a five to zero, has a retirement fund. I I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it would matter much, and I think Harris has strengths. I do, But no, David Coit's the best point guard on this roster, at least right now. And self isn't serious if he's not starting him. How can you pick five players to start a basketball game? And David Kit isn't one of them at this point.
Speaker 4: If you told us going into the year that you'd get to game thirty and be like, hey, guys, Dwan Harris might not be the best point guard in this roster. We'd be like, holy crap, Zeke Mayl or Shaq Moore went off.
Speaker 2: And did not the guy got five North of Illinois.
Speaker 3: I just turned on the Kansas women who are playing in the in the Big twelve Tournament.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the freaking court? Yeah, dude, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: It looks like they're playing a Squad Games basketball edition.
Speaker 2: The court looks like Brett Mark committed a genocide against all other conferences. You have to throw Brett, you or Mark in jail for this. You have to is it really his fault? Great to do? How do we know this is Brett or Mark's fault? I definitely said this emotion, But how do we know that it was Brett or Mark's fault?
Speaker 3: It also says hashtag undefeated on the baselines, which is you know, we said that two weeks ago whenever they were like the New Tournament New Testament Hawks or two and o they will technically New.
Speaker 2: Testament Hawks died and they have not resurrected. So frustrating.
Speaker 3: I want to be a Houston fan. You guys want to switch, You guys want to cover a different team?
Speaker 2: No either, Number one Houston sixty four, Number two, number eight hundred and twelve, UCF twelve.
Speaker 3: Houston, though, Kelvin Sampson deserves a ton of credit for building a powerhouse in a mid major league and then taking that exact style into a power league and dominating that. Because Houston is an overtime home loss against Texas Tech away from flirting with twenty.
Speaker 2: And oh can I say something here? I'm not gonna stop you you think I have Do you guys know something on this audio medium? Cam? Do you do you guys? Does does anyone out there? All of our twelve listeners? Does anybody out there? Remember when Ryan Landreth, the same Ryan Landreth that has to go on apology? Arcs said that Houston joins the Bay twelve. They play in a week conference. I can't imagine how they would play in the Big twelve. Kansas, It's gonna win the league again, Wash Houston go. Just the worst take than any ever said the world. Yes it is, Cam, It's so much worse. That game was a five point nail bider. That was one game I was so wrong.
Speaker 3: And I also don't think that it was the worst take based off of logic.
Speaker 2: Houston is just really good. Like it's not.
Speaker 3: You look at the historical trends whenever a team dominates a mid major league and then switches to a much better league, they don't normally go eighteen and one.
Speaker 4: On the heels of winning the conference the year prior as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're just They're just a wagon. They just out they are.
Speaker 3: I think Landon said it best whenever he called them the terminator of the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: They are. They just beat you.
Speaker 3: They're like Kansas and the twenty tens. They just though yeah, oh honestly, they're really easy to root for. Ultimately, I think they're gonna be done in in the NCAA's by not scoring enough because Ljker got a couple of fouls in the offense couldn't do anything, but it didn't matter because Kansas couldn't stop throwing the ball to them.
Speaker 4: Not a not a team resembling twenty tens. Kansas getting out done in the tournament by not scoring enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also they're gonna get hosed by refs, like they will get called for a bunch of fouls in the NCAA tournament. Well they didn't in this game.
Speaker 3: Because if you want to talk about the freaking rafts, my gosh, and more specifically Doug Sermons.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to see Doug Sermons?
Speaker 3: Do I want to see him kick rocks on a spaceship that is being sent to march. Maybe I can call up Elon and get Doug Sermons to be test subject number one, because there is nobody who contributes less of society than Doug spiked my hair Sermons calling an emvetic charge as Hunter Dickinson is being pulled down by the back of his shirt to the floor into the backboard.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude. I farted in my car all the way to Michigan today, so I probably did not contribute contribute much a society today. Well at least you didn't come.
Speaker 4: Up too quick trip to ketos at about two pm today? Did I contribute a lot to society?
Speaker 3: Come on, Land and I take from gas stations sometimes and every time time I pick up a taketo, I think this person is just sad. This person deserves better than this. These taketo's are sad.
Speaker 5: Taketos are so good though, dude, Yeah, okay, rock they are said, but they are good at like a quality toilets, at a quality restaurant.
Speaker 3: They're good, not the frozen ones that they throw on those rotating warmer things for thirty seconds at the sevenode.
Speaker 2: You need a gas brittle taketo and you yeah, you know, like dispose of it into your toilet. You're alleged that's what America was built off of. The guys.
Speaker 4: The counter had to ask me what the kind of one of them was, and I was like, yeah, that's steak and cheese. But the amount of shame that came over me when I had to acknowledge that I was buying a teketo in the specific kind that it was to another human that had asked was more than you'd think.
Speaker 3: Was it more than the amount of fouls that Hunter Dickinson was called on as he was And I so that the one that he got the charge call in, which was right after he got hosed a couple of times. Uh, that call was just so like that actually got me to.
Speaker 2: Throw my hands up in the air.
Speaker 3: And I don't get super emotional over Kansas basketball games, especially this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was just like, what, this is what happens.
Speaker 3: This is what happens whenever you have your seven footer be the point forward because Zeke Mayo is just standing there and Duan Harris is like, eh, I played on her and seventy games, but.
Speaker 2: I don't need to score any points. I forget that you're married to that guy. Cam.
Speaker 3: If you had to be married to somebody on this team, tell me it wouldn't be Hunter Dickinson.
Speaker 2: Who else is Dickinson? He's way dude, He's way too big for me. Dude, I'm looking for a dude that's like five nine. Maybe David, we'll be.
Speaker 3: Boys, Diggy Diggy in the mirror will be boys. I don't like how I still think that Brian Haney should be banned from calling him diggy.
Speaker 2: It just does sound right. It doesn't sound apology. Arc. No, no, no, no, I'm not gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say I have nothing negative to say.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying there's.
Speaker 3: Something about uh, a middle aged Caucasian dude.
Speaker 2: If you are so white that you make a polar Bear look black, you should not be able to call David Koy diggy. Cam said the part that I would I talked myself out of saying it's that. Yeah, he shouldn't call him diggy and that's why. Yeah, you can always count on Cam to rip the band aid off metaphorically. Boo, there's nobody else that's noteworthy in this game. So here are their stats.
Speaker 3: As the Kansas women hit a three to make the score forty three thirty eight, was seven minutes left in the game.
Speaker 2: Chris Paul big three to couple lead to forty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of these guys could play on this in this game, and it would it would match Ryland Griffin was oh for four and eleven minutes and was awful on defense, to the point where Self didn't even play him in the second half. After the first couple of minutes, Flory had two and three with a couple of blocks in sixteen minutes. It's amazing that he was really good against the same team a couple of weeks ago before Bill self directly killed his season with a gunshot. John Wilkes Booth, Abraham Lincoln, I'm pretty sure that one wasn't allegedly. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of witnesses that saw John Wilkes booth kill Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: A j stort made two free throws in five minutes, and then Bill Self said, okay, well we're not doing that anymore. But if we're talking about Bill self and moves, how about this. I know we were getting a little nervous that we got this far into the year without Bill selfs once a year. Let me just throw this freshman out there for a few minutes and see what happened.
Speaker 2: Poorly, what was that?
Speaker 3: Baffling Racki's pass war was thrown to the Wolves by his coach and played seven high leverage minutes. Twitter was telling me it's because who else is he gonna trust? I don't know, maybe one of his twenty four year olds. I thought those were the guys that you were supposed to trust. Jowan Harris doesn't do anything if it's not for trust.
Speaker 4: So geez, this is Bill Self waving the white flag. This is this is his version of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I pass more in this game was like Hitler putting in the Hitler youth to like run the tanks at the end of World War Two.
Speaker 3: Well, Hyler was dead by that point. It was whoever the inter end German Army leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one actually is quite a legend. I don't believe there were any witnesses to that. Does that we know what happened there?
Speaker 3: So should I name this episode? You know, we have the BYU meltdown episode and whatnot? Should I name this the the the Hitler episode.
Speaker 4: The no no no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: The John Wilkes Booth Hitler episode. No. But what I will say is Bill self putting Rakes Passmore out there is the same thing as Adolf Hitler putting on twelve year olds to man tanks in the Battle of Berlin, because that's what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that's quite the same thing, but all that roll for analogy's sake. So Ricky's Bassmore's only stat, like literally his only stat in the.
Speaker 2: Books unqualified players.
Speaker 3: And it was on a three point shot that was also Hello Doug Sermons and ask call uh but you know, and fran Fraschell.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh that's a good call. He didn't let him.
Speaker 3: Land, Fran go sit on the pointiest cactus you can find the desert. Seriously, you rat bastard.
Speaker 2: I am so over, Frank. Nobody has ever.
Speaker 3: Deserved to have chronic vocal cord troubles like franch just go away.
Speaker 2: I was not I was not going to say that serious question here. If you could sacrifice one or the other, which would you take Dick Vitel or fran Filla? Oh man, Okay, So, because here's my thing, and let me let me back up, because people are gonna hate count. I think Dick Fightel is a great human being, but every time he commentates, I want to be uh off.
Speaker 3: He's awful, great guy. Yes, the ESPN should go to jail for putting him on TV. At this point, he is terrible.
Speaker 2: He looks as bad as he sounds. Bill Kentucky, I under.
Speaker 4: How much money you have to be paid to listen to a broadcast of Lee Corso, Dick Fight Talent, Joe Biden?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you if you put Dick Fight Tel, Joe Biden and Lee Corso in the situation room, how does North Korea end with all of our tactical nukes?
Speaker 4: He's gonna say, finally launches the Watch tomorrow, Like guys, we said all of our resources to North Korea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dick Fight Tel is just painful at this point. And I would pick Fight Teal at that and in that scenario to put him out of his misery. Frans seems like a healthy dude. Dick Fightel is just I.
Speaker 2: Don't know about that.
Speaker 3: He looks like a goal He looks like he looks like a agetting zombie in in the Last of Us at this point, like, I have no idea how he's still alive.
Speaker 2: Great that he is.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your retirement, buddy, We like seriously that, Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, oh this show sucks so bad.
Speaker 3: I actually think it's quite good. If not if if it's not offensive, it's good. It's one of those things.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's even more Hitler and Taketo talk than I had on my Bingo card.
Speaker 3: I kind of just want to let Cam do the show by himself and I'll just listen.
Speaker 2: I think that'd be hilarious. Had I had a vision in my head, vibes I had. I had a vision in my head of Rakeys passmore behind the wheel of a tank driving through Berlin, and then Ryan said something The Fury Bunker is literally Bill Office, and He's just like, guys, I know what's gonna happen here. kJ Adams is gonna captain the offense as long as he holds the attack and pushes through the front. This we're gonna make it too and then we'll lose to BCU or Villanova. I went to that game. Every time you say that, I just want to kill myself allegedly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Cam tell the listeners the story one more time on you and you and your dad.
Speaker 2: Let's back in Kansas, and yeah, put yourself in my shoes. I'm I'm a nineteen year old child. I'm full of hope. Everything is fine, like this is. Before all the problems COVID hadn't happened. Everything was fine. The economy was booming.
Speaker 3: The economy only crashed twice in your nineteen year life, and not the three or four times it has now.
Speaker 2: It was completely fine. No, no, it was fine. Nothing was nothing was bad. I didn't understand. I didn't I didn't have money. I didn't need money. I was playing college golf at a Division two school that nobody had heard of. I was in Kentucky. My dad said, let's go to the game. We went to the game. We went to game. Northwood is the the I can't say what I want to say, but I went there. I graduated. I went to this game. My dad and I sat in the stands. We watched Kansas get obliterated, and I had to sit next to Villanova fans, and those Villanova fans were some of the worst human beings I've ever met. And let me tell you something, my dad and I walked through the streets of Louisville, Kentucky after the game. I was super sad. I went and got Burger King chicken fries and we still were sad. And I will never forgive Kansas for my performance a big shot out to paint, which I'm not because they told me, these morons, these imbeciles, told me that Villanova was a great matchup stylistically for Kansas because Kansas was a good three point shooting team. And let me tell you something, folks, Kansas did not hit the bright side of the barn. Wayne Selden, he hit one shot in the entire game. He made eighteen three pointers in a row warm ups in the game. He could not hit the hoop if his life depended on it. In big thank you to Ryan Landers for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was my claim to fame. The image of nineteen year old Can and his dad talking in the car as they drive there as the as it t p is playing in the car and then both looking at each other like no, joy, I feel better.
Speaker 2: After hearing these experts speaking. I'm not an expert. I have legitimate memories of my dad and me listening to it t P after kans wicharda State and being like, I think these guys will help cheer us up. And there's Daniel going, Bill sucks for like an hour straight. Can we come full circle?
Speaker 3: Because it turns out that Bill he.
Speaker 2: Now place what an image of helps up because it t P.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the credibility that Cam believed I t P had made him think that that passes.
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding. I genuinely thought you guys had like inside inside the paint. I thought you had to inside the allen Field House like credentials. I assumed you knew what was going on. Turns out nope.
Speaker 3: I just had a family member with season tickets that I got to go to the games with. And I reported from my seat as the ball went in the basket, and I told you things that anyone.
Speaker 2: Else would have told you.
Speaker 3: I was by no stretching inside or nor have I ever claimed to be, nor have I ever.
Speaker 2: A lot of land. If it makes you feel any better.
Speaker 3: As bad as my takes are, you're still the one on track to get gun down in Chicago in.
Speaker 2: A few weeks, sir, Yeah, Landon, what would you have to say to get a gun down in Chicago? Uh, you should tell me you cam actually don't, please don't? He might, he might. I'm getting my affairs in order right now. Where we brother will in Paris.
Speaker 3: Forty five percent from the floor, forty two percent from three, eighty four percent of the line, and just minus three on glass. All those numbers look like they're quite good until you remember that they took twenty six fewer shots in their opposition because they turned the ball over twenty times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim bayhidher all right.
Speaker 3: Other games, let's do anything else Bay teams that scored more points than the sixty or excuse me, fifty nine that the Jayhawks scored all of them except for Well, both teams in one game, not this one, number twenty three BYU eighty eight, number ten Iowa State eighty five and double overtime land in this game. Well talked about two teams going in opposite directions as we approached postseason play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, BYU remains very hot, very similar game has won. These two teams played last year, only this time the Cougar's got the win. BYU built a twenty one point lead, blew it survived the first overtime, then controlled the second one for their tenth win in twelve games. Richie Sonders had twenty three points, Keebaketa had seven and fifteen unreal for the Cougars here they are absolutely on fire, one of the hottest teams in the country really going into March.
Speaker 3: We always overlooked BYU and I don't really understand it because they're always old and they can always shoot real well. It seems like a very easy team to not overlook, and yet we always do. Also, there's an ascarcb that I'll go ahead and touch on here. Where is it? It was about this game at kate Eden fourteen. Why do the refs keep bailing out Richie Saunders? And what has BYU done to get this kind of treatment from the Zebras? Two things in response does Number one, yes, the refs were abysmal. I thought that BYU got the worst whistle actually, And number two, they don't bail out sir and players. They just suck out loud against all players. They're just bad. They're not like it's like the people who argue that the chiefs get all the calls. No, the refs are just bad. And you notice it more with the chiefs because you watch the chiefs more. The refs are equally terrible. Every ref sucks, Every ref should be homeless, every ref should be unloved.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. The views of Ryan Landers do not reflect the other co hosts inside the pain.
Speaker 3: Yep, you guys can suck up to the refs all you want. I see them for the worthless bags of trash that they are.
Speaker 2: Sixty one, you know, I think they should have like family. They probably shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Depends depends on the ref depends how generous I'm feeling that day.
Speaker 2: Baylor sixty one, DCU fifty eight CAM.
Speaker 3: The bubble is probably burst on the Hordon Frogs, and Baylor probably stays intact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a comment that reminds us of why Ryan should not be in public government. Uh. The Bears move into sixth place for the time being in the Big twelve Likely Security an NCAA Earth thanks to Robert Wright, who sounds like a politician from the nineteen twenties. Drona foul with two seconds left in its high game. He had been He made both free throws. The Bears win. They are eighteen and twelve. Sounds like Kansas minus one game, big shot out of Bill self.
Speaker 3: Baylor should be in the dance. They have a chance to really lock it and throw away the key. They get Houston and Senior Day here coming up. And on one hand, Houston's has only lost one Big twelve game and it was an overtime this year. On the other hand, we've seen many of Kansas teams with nothing to play for in the final game of the regular season go down and just say, but what if we didn't try today, So we'll see what happens there. West Virginia seventy one, Utah sixty nine Land. And this was kind of ironic. Who ended up beating West Virginia. You didn't know this because nobody knew it until I read it in the recap today. Yeah, a small upset win for the Mountaineers here actually, who need to barely sit on the inside of the field at eighteen and twelve. Javon small excuse me, scored eighteen Coaching Utah is interim Josh Eilert, who was West Virginia's interim coach last year. Kind of a fun thing, one of the only fun things about this game. So, uh, if you're if you're curious here interim coach Josh Eilert, want to oh against Bill self coaching in place of Craig Smith. Want to oh against Bill self? Lost at home to Darien Debrye.
Speaker 2: Want to oh against Bill self? Damn damn d Bill coach Bill stubborn.
Speaker 3: As Bill SEL's record against uh the like I think we read this on the show, but the guy has a horrible record against all these new.
Speaker 2: Big twelve coaches.
Speaker 4: He's still beat in the league in the last two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hasn't beat Bill and hasn't beat Devrye. Bill self would be a perennial bronze winner in the Special Olympics.
Speaker 3: I mean, we are talking about a Hall of Fame coach here. I don't know if he's I don't know if he's stooped to that low.
Speaker 2: I don't know. These views are not supported by my co hosts. I'm shooting you can as well. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't be like, Wow, Ryan is so out of place for you to talk about refs being bad.
Speaker 2: And then say that Bill self should play in the Special Olympics that he'd be lucky to get. I don't say. I did not say he should play in these special Olympics. I said he if he coached in these Special Olympics, he would get a bronze medal. That is true.
Speaker 3: He just better hope that the other team isn't, which.
Speaker 2: Is fly dependent on his players.
Speaker 3: Number twenty four Arizona one and thirteen Arizona State one hundred and over. Nope, just kidding, Cam, No overtime. It was just a pretty basketball.
Speaker 2: Wow, pretty crazy. Uh, different sport than Kansas played. I'm scrolling through the notes trying to find this gamerycap. Hold on, there we are. This game featured offensive fireworks, but the real victor was the refs who called forty eight fouls and seventy free throws in this game. Caleb Love shout out to my Ryan Landreth impression Brian Underscurore, Andreth did have twenty one on his senior day. Henry Vsar added twenty two off sending thirty three from Sun Devil's guard Alston Mason. Yeah, Landon your your sleeper team at Arizona State. Yeah, there's a reason that this drop exists. That take was as sleeper.
Speaker 4: As in, they're gonna sleep their way through Big twelve play.
Speaker 2: If you guys remember our recap from the Arizona State game backup shooting your Ted Bundy did not contribute to the score book there for Arizona State. G Hod holy war. No, no, no, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's this show may have already set a new record of itp offensive moments, but we can't go that far.
Speaker 2: Cam. I don't care that you're three deep.
Speaker 3: In Kansas State fifty four Cincinnati forty nine, Land, and I take it back. All the offensive things we said on this show, they come in second. Maybe you'd say silver medal in the special Olympics, Bill sell Forth if your Cam to the horrificness and offensiveness of this basketball game, which unfortunately counts as a victory for one of the teams, it was ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really really tough beat here rough. Do you read the score of this I did. It was fifty four to forty nine. That is horrendous, truly terrible, rough loss for the best team Kansas has beaten on the road this year, which is true. That is Their best road win is Cincinnati, and Cincinnati did not hit fifty against Kansas State. Kansas State didn't make a shot in the final four minutes, but in an ode to Kansas, Cincinnati did not cut that deficit eighteen ten for David Ngisan.
Speaker 3: My goodness, Cincinnati scored forty nine against k State and forty against Kansas this year. Remember whenever we watched that game up there in January and thought, wow, guys, this defense man, this defense, it's great. They held Sincy to forty narrator it was not number nine Texas Tech ninety one, Colorado seventy five. Game just went final.
Speaker 2: Don't have any notes, just know that it went exactly as you would expect. The Red Raiders are in second place in the Big Twelve. They got a thirty and fourteen game from JT. Topping Man. Can I fill in the box score here? Yeah? Sure, go for it. You fill in that box score while I read the last one.
Speaker 3: You see eighty three Oklahoma State seventy Oh nothing paste that. I'm waiting for Cam to to put something in there.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say something, I wasn't gonna paste anything.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling it's not going to be something that I can see bad if I want it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not bad. Oh, it's not bad. Okay. Kevin McCaslin war crimes, Colorado zero.
Speaker 3: Two and seventeen are the buffalos in Big Twelve play that's quite bad. You see f eighty three Oklahoma State seventy Darius Johnson went off for thirty six points. If I had asked you before this cent who Darius Johnson played for, would either of you have been able to tell me?
Speaker 2: Not off the rip. I think he plays for UCF right, he does. Yeah, closer than most of us would.
Speaker 3: Also ranked teams to lose in this last show, but not ranked unranked in ten seed Kansas in the Big Twelve women's tournament.
Speaker 2: They lost. So they got upset by the third worst team in the conference in front of approximately three fans. That sounds about done. I think they threw.
Speaker 3: It on purpose because they didn't want to play another game on that horrendous court. Honestly, I think I'd rather lose than deal with that myself. Terrible Big Twelve standings. Number one Houston way out in front. They're eighteen and one. Texas Tech and Arizona are tied in the two spot entering the final game of the season at fourteen and five, and it is BYU who has claimed out right fourth. They are thirteen and six after a huge rise over the last month of the season.
Speaker 4: In fifth is Iowa stayed at twelve and seven, tied for six, Baylor and Kansas ten and nine, and then beginning the losing records tied for eighth TCU West Virginia at k State. They are all nine and ten, Utah.
Speaker 2: Eight and eleven, number eleven, Utah eight and eleven, number twelve, Cincinnati, UCF seven and twelve, Number fourteen, Oklahoma State six and thirteen. I'm just runned off Number fifteen, Arizona State four and fifteen, and then number sixteen in Colorado two and sixteen. Is this too many games? Win seventeen now? Oops? Yeah, we do have too many games, way too many games. Nobody asked for this, Lord your mark, nobody asked for this other games. Well, Landon, you did nail this one. Number one.
Speaker 3: Auburn took their first loss in weeks when they fell at number twenty two Texas A and m Proof. Nobody really knows what's gonna happen in sports, because the Aggies had lost four in a row, and nothing said that they were getting ready to pull this off, and they did by double digits eighty three seventy two. Jani Broom played, but he's been banged up all week. He missed the second half of the game on Saturday and labored through this one. A and M got the Tigers in foul trouble to play from ahead the whole night. Wade Taylor had sixteen. I mean, the Aggies are like the fifth best team in the SEC, and they can take down number one on an em a night. Just a bunkers.
Speaker 4: League, continuing that trend yet again. The best win of the week belongs to the number five Florida who went into Tuscaloosa and beat a slumping seven Alabama team ninety nine to ninety four. The SEC plays pretty basketball, man. The Gators now have a road win over Auburn and Alabama, moving them into second place in the SEC. Meanwhile, the Crimson Tide have now lost four of six and play in an off a loss Auburn team on Saturday. Not good in Tuscaloosa right now.
Speaker 2: Quite bad. Two horrendous bubble coaches both did their best to be the best versions of themselves as Texas blew a nine point lead with two minutes left at number twenty five Mississippi State, but they managed to survive in overtime to the big Bubble win. Joe Lonardi has Texas as his first team out of the feel as of today. Then there was Kyle oh Neptune, that gift whose Villanova team led Georgetown by nine of the final TV timeout just to blow it at the buzzer and then take a crushing loss for their tournament chances.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that Kyle Neptune is the worst coach in the history of sports.
Speaker 2: Like I think that he is. He's He's I've never what.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he still has a job. Uh, there's a couple of other games here in the SEC that we're watching. Number fifteen Missouri did the unthinkable. They lost at Porter Mosers four and twelve Oklahoma team. Well, I got to tell you, Kansas fans have lots of reasons to hate Missouri, but one of the ones they should be at the very top is they probably just put the stupid ass Sooners in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: With a nice only four win, so annoying.
Speaker 3: I don't want Oklahoma to take up any sort of any sort of.
Speaker 2: Of bandwidth in my brain or on my TV.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah Fears, who is good already one points for him uh in his probably final game here as a Sooner, either because he'll go pro or he'll leave because nobody can stand Porter Moser, Oklahoma better not get in. I don't care what the metrics say. They are a five and twelve sec team.
Speaker 2: That's not good enough. Agreed they will make it in though they will so stupid, so annoying.
Speaker 3: So they they lost, and then number four Tennessee is down in the final minute to Mississippi.
Speaker 2: The game is still going on. We could have a couple more ranked teams to lousense the last show by the time this podcast is done recording.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, in the ACC, Number two Duke beat Bubble team wake Forest by thirty three on their scenorday, moving them to eighteen and one in ACC ACC play. I shouldn't know this, but they are now the highest ranked kN Pump team of all time?
Speaker 2: Is that true? Yep? Yeah, that's my highest ran they ever. I I know the ACC is not that good, but Duke is is psycho, Duke is fair. They kissing.
Speaker 3: They do everything that the metrics love.
Speaker 2: They smash bad teams. That's it. They're impressive.
Speaker 4: Behind them in their horrible league, North Carolina blew out Virginia Tech to set up a tobacco road showdown in Chapel Hill on Saturday. They will likely decide whether or not the tar Hills make the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: And then it's pretty wild in that league that Louisville and Clemson, who both won. By the way, they're both seventeen and two and acc play one. Nobody knows that, and two nobody is talking about that, and three it doesn't matter because Duke is so.
Speaker 2: Much better than everybody else. Correct Number thirteen Maryland went into ann Arbor and beat number seventeen Michigan seventy one to sixty five, which locks in a share of the Big Ten title for Michigan State. Number eight Michigan State. The Spartans can clinch the league title outright on Thursday when they play at Iowa. They also play the Wolverines at home on Senior Day. Do not pick Michigan. There anybody this listening for another shot to add it Perdue, which was tragically misspelled by Ryan in the notes. Maryland and Wisconsin are all right behind Michigan for third in the conference. It was spelled as peer do.
Speaker 3: If I gave you an over under of one and a half Big Ten teams to the second weekend, what would you take?
Speaker 2: I think I'm going under. I would take the I mean the Big Ten. Historically, I don't know. It's definitely one. I think mischi think. I think it's over. I feel like we'll come back to Maryland and State makes it.
Speaker 3: Didn't Paul win, No, And they haven't in a few weeks, And we haven't done this for a few weeks, so I haven't won it at all.
Speaker 2: They lost by double digits at Creighton. They lost by double digits the Butler. They lost by double digits to Saint John and Xavier two. Who's not good.
Speaker 3: They were a road underdog at Providence tonight. Let's see if they won. Oh my gosh, they did. They did as a nine point underdog. W wait a minute, halt the presses here did to Paul win?
Speaker 2: Yes, with a fifty two and a half.
Speaker 3: They beat Providence, And in most years, if you win four times as many games as you did the year before, that's historically good.
Speaker 2: But to Paul, that means you are just twelve and eighteen. When de Paul wins, do you think somebody rides to the streets in Chicago in a Hellcat SRT like Paul Revere, through the streets letting people know, shooting up all the dairy queens? Oh Allegedly, if you shoot AR fifteen into a dairy Queen blizzard machine, do you get unlimited blizzards in Chicago? It just might. You would know because you lived right by a very interesting and busy dairy queen allegedly.
Speaker 3: Ranked teams lose since the last podcast. Has been a while since they've been on this list, but here they are.
Speaker 2: Number one. Auburn lost to Texas A and M.
Speaker 4: A team that's frequenting this list seven Alabama. They also Florida.
Speaker 2: Number ten Iowa State lost a BYU.
Speaker 3: Number fifteen Missouri, who's turned into a horror show on the road in recent weeks. They lost another one, this one to a horrendous Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Team that know they shouldn't make to st.
Speaker 4: Number seventeen Michigan they lost to Maryland.
Speaker 2: Number twenty Market lost to Yukon best coach in the fine.
Speaker 3: Sport and number twenty five, Mississippi State lost the Texas. Sorry, I was distracted by something in the hallway and maybe Tennessee. We'll see they are down all with eight seconds left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there's a lot of shenanigans going on here. Cam, you have no idea cat's out there? What's going on? Ten o'clock on it? Well, no bricklaying over there? What's going on?
Speaker 3: It was something my wife did, but she's probably too busy thinking about land and so I'll have to go right yeah, hey, oh yeah, brother, I hear laughter coming from down the hall and a dejective. It's sarcastic. Yeah, I'm sure that's it in my ear.
Speaker 2: Which is a pretty funny year. This show has gone so far off the rails. I'm all for it, though it happens. Love Island Topeka version version, No offense to Peka, but you kind of not a great town. Sorry Topeka? Which k Hey, don't you talk on Colby man? That's the last lines I have up Colby? Did he really? I stayed on on a road.
Speaker 3: Trip to Colorado when I was six because nobody wants to do that whole no way.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's so crazy. My dad was born in Boulder, Colorado, grew up in Colby, Kansas, went to high school in Colby, Kansas. And then yeah, he transmitted all the family trauma to me, and he took you.
Speaker 3: To watch Kansas lose the Villanova in the round of eight. Boop at R DY Evans eleven over under how many F bombs has Bill dropped in his KU coaching career that have been caught on camera?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, it's gotta be at least five hundred at least. Oh you think it's you're going that? I?
Speaker 3: I mean, I I The best Bill self F bomb was was whenever he just kind of looked around at his team and said, what the F is going on? I think that one's a gift that circulates on Twitter sometimes. He also yelled your uneffing believable at John Higgins once and shockingly he got teed.
Speaker 2: John Higgins looked at him and said, I know, and then flipped his hair.
Speaker 3: At RDY Evans eleven. Does Frank Mason get hired next year in some capacity?
Speaker 2: That sounds great to me.
Speaker 3: I don't think Frank Mason he's still playing, isn't he He's still playing? Yes, I know, he said he would fight people on this this year's team.
Speaker 2: No, No, he didn't say that. He was like, I would be verbally abusive to people on this team. Yeah. I talked to at that on the last show. Yeah, I agree, I would I based on his style. That wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: And another one from Artie Evan says, what is the best summer vacation you have been on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Cam, it was not the trip to Colorado where we stayed at the Colby Kansas Holiday.
Speaker 2: In Nicaragua, I sold drugs allegedly. Not really. Landon is gonna say. The best summer trip was when we went and saw rocks and dirt in Utah. Wait, I like rocks and dirt. It's very land for drugs. Yeah it was crystal meth. Oh hell YEA best summer vacation? Oh man, I'll.
Speaker 4: Take some vacations. My family is really boring and we only go see family. So my only two summer vacations I've never taken were to Mount Rushmore and to uh like, Arches National Park and Arches National Park.
Speaker 2: You cannot get more fields than let's take up. What did you say, Cam? Didn't you go to Utah? That's Arches National Park. Yeah, I am so smart, folks, welcome to the show. I'm really stupid. I didn't know either.
Speaker 3: Back when the Royals were at their peak, my dad and I went and watched them play a series at Fenway one year, and the next three we went and saw him play at Dodgers Stadium and that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Those are two. I saw you on television at Fenway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sitting next to the idiot and the mantis mask.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is correct, so I can't watch and I was like, holy crap, that was Ryan freaking.
Speaker 2: Did you sit Yep?
Speaker 3: You saw the guy that was in long sleeve clothes in the middle of the summer with a big nose, and You're like, I know exactly who that is.
Speaker 2: No, the Mantis camp.
Speaker 3: So the Royals in twenty sixteen found a big praying mantis walking around their dugout and they made it a pet. They made it like a pet in like a cage and everything. They called it the Rally Mantis, and it was such a thing that fans were buying mantis costumes and wearing them at games. Because in twenty sixteen, fresh off a world series, got all the bandwagoners came out of the closet to care about the Royals for a couple of years. Landon and I will know where the ogs uh, And then the Royals took Then the Royals took the mantis on the on an airplane. They tried to take it on a road trip and it died because rally mantises cannot survive airplane pressure. Dude, that just reminds me of that SpongeBob episode where they try to get to Kevin the Jellyfish Hunter. Yeah, and he turns out to be a total phony.
Speaker 2: Kevin Yeah, Bill Self.
Speaker 3: That is still to this day what I thought of every time I heard Bill selfs say Kevin mccullor, as I thought of me too, the jellyfish Hunter, Yep, yep, land and watch.
Speaker 2: SpongeBob growing up. He was too cool.
Speaker 3: He was doing times tables for fun.
Speaker 4: That's not your are going to be way more so, would rather vomit openly than do math.
Speaker 2: Well at show mehawk that.
Speaker 3: This may sound like a this may sound like a Kamala Harris after Howard lost speech.
Speaker 2: But I thought, I but I thought they put a.
Speaker 3: Solid effort in Houston, despite the turnovers and getting out rebound on the offensive glass. They sounds like Charles Barkley at the halftime speech six.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember Charles Barkley when Kansas was down to witch Shaw' Sdavid at halftime and he was like, gosh, I think Cliff Alexander looked pretty good. He played pretty good, played it. He hadn't played it. Y had no idea, no concept of the fact that Cliff Alexander hadn't played in two months. I do remember that show me.
Speaker 3: I think that you're coming from a right place, from a glass half full perspective, because yes, it could have been much worse. I think the way that they lost was much more discouraging than the final score. Had they lost the game where they had just missed open shots all night. I think it's easier to swallow than the fact that we watched the senior led team turn the ball over so much that they literally didn't have a chance, I mean, take said shots to.
Speaker 2: Take the lead. It's not even that, it's the fact that their senior led point guard fell on his ass drop uh with like god at forty seconds left in the game.
Speaker 3: Well, and then shel Me Hawk also wants to talk about the Big twelve tournament. Matchups coming up, says Houston and Iowa State don't seem like awful matchups for Kansas considering how they played, especially if they can get their annual Sea of Blue inside the T Mobile Center, which hasn't been very kind to Kansas at home this year. Probably want to avoid BYU and Tech. Yeah, that's true as of right now, Kansas being a six to seven seed, they need to get to the six. The six is a much better matchup than the seven because that would mean you're one went away from Arizona, who's much worse than Tech. You don't want to deal with Tech until later on.
Speaker 2: In the tournament.
Speaker 3: They're playing as well as anybody right now, and they're much better than Arizona. I agree, and shell me Hawk says Kansas could have played Houston back in the twenty twenty two Final four. It would have been interesting to see if that rivalry had been ignited a year earlier in the tournament.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: The game that Justin Moore blew out his knee and Villanova won like fifty to forty eight or something over Tech in that Elite eight game. I forgot or over Houston in the Elite eight game. Rather, I forgot so Houston almost made the Final four and twenty two, and then they were a one seed in twenty three, and then they won the Big twelve and twenty four and twenty five. What a dominant run for Kelvin Samson.
Speaker 4: Don't forget their Final four appearance in twenty one.
Speaker 3: That's right, Baylor twenty one with Quentin Grimes leading the show. Who dropped like forty six the other night simply because the MAVs said, no, we don't want you anymore.
Speaker 2: That's why he went off. Boy, that worked out for the MAVs.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you at Mayo, Zeke Berner, what are some portal names and archetypes to get assumed.
Speaker 2: There are no play? Yeah, I get right, and we don't, Zeke Mayo Berner. I love your account, dude, but I saw this question and I was like, this is two months too early. Well, and also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you just don't know, He adds hopefully el Marco jam quite past more Flory and Clement Stay. I would be done if Past more plays, and I thought Clements was done.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming he's medical. He's definitely this year, He's probably coming back, right, I would I don't know why he would leave again.
Speaker 3: H I want a j and Ryland both back. I don't think that at least one of them will be but sure, I mean the second you look with the jump Kevin mccullor took in the year two in Bills self system, I think that they should absolutely want, especially Griffin back. I don't think store is gonna come back. I think Griffin's got a shot. Quite is that should be the one that they're really circling. And El Marco, oh my god, guys, you guys are gonna be so disappointed. Like, seriously, I don't know why anyone has hope on that one, except for the fact that the coaching staff has told you to have hope on that one. But come on, like, can we not can we not get anything el Marco gives you great, you'd be pleasantly surprised, But can we not spend an ounce of hope on El Marco? Somebody clipped this and hopefully he wins then a Smith XT year at Elliott Rouson h one. Is there any kopium still available about this team? Or are we really just trying to look ahead.
Speaker 2: To next year? It's not a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's mostly that they can get hot in the big SHELV tournament and suck you back in a little bit. But it's pretty much that one. Do we think bail Bill is mailing it in? Or was that whenever he stormed out of the players meeting? Yeah, clearly Self isn't having too much fun with his squad, and I don't think he loves the portal as much as he's trying to make it sound like he does for good PR. But I'm not gonna be convinced that Bill has completely phoned in unless they have another poor year with this core gone. I want to see Bill self once we get this, this core that just hasn't worked.
Speaker 2: Out of here, nailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree at Elliott ruson h here's a non KU basketball question. You guys picks for sleeper teams and then the NCAA tournament could be Power five, mid major or some small school that's caught your eye.
Speaker 4: I mean you see San Diego's like twenty seven and four, yep, near the darkling right now.
Speaker 3: I mean the team that everybody is going to gonna stare at and wonder, how is are they not picked to win?
Speaker 2: More? Is BYU.
Speaker 3: That's the team that is on fire and can win all sorts of But.
Speaker 2: I think Louisville is being slept on quite a.
Speaker 3: Bit in that conference. They are well coached, they shoot the ball. Well, no one's talking about them because they're not Duke, but they are very quietly having a great season, and they probably have the national coach of the Year running the show.
Speaker 4: Also, VCU mentioned them earlier.
Speaker 2: They are twenty like fifteen, You got that. They're They're good not Kansas. Yeah, Drake, Drake's a good one too.
Speaker 3: Drake might be an at large team even if they don't make the tournament, they might legitimately be an out longer.
Speaker 4: I like Drake high point. They're gonna have to win their conference. They're twenty six and.
Speaker 2: Five oh one Kansas if they get up to a five, Yeah, Kansas at Todd Matt two.
Speaker 3: Why can't the starters follow the scouting report for more than two minutes? How can you win when your point guard takes zero shots and your three point shooting guard takes one shot in the first half? Well, you see it's because hold on, let me, let me fire this back up this here, because we're gonna play through the bigs they can get too.
Speaker 2: Has resurrected on Ash Wednesday. Such a good song. I'm gonna keep playing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play this while we asked the next question at Chris Sirco two. Since Cam keeps losing bets, he should bet on every team's madness.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody listening right now, I have turned over a new leaf. Not really, but what I will say, as I was on a legacy.
Speaker 3: Cam, you keep betting on Penny Hardaway to cover huge spreads and it never would not.
Speaker 2: Well I did, but I do not regularly.
Speaker 3: That's the third time this year I've heard Cam say if Nimbus can just win by double digits, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Promfit on this one. And then Ben Barnaway like struggling to read his paper cut the shot of him on the sidelines. Well they don't they call him Penny not a quarter. I didn't think, Uh he was. He was. He was the last leg I needed and my last leg was chopped off. But it is what it is. I respect the question, I disagree with the question, and I.
Speaker 4: Think I'm done betting, which he also sent in the chat like two days ago. And then I'm like three hours later. Yeah, parlay, boys, No, I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I said. I said I set like a six team leg parlay for one dollar. Guys, I'm a legend.
Speaker 3: Can't go out to win all the prediction for all the the tournament winners here coming up to the champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if they all happened, Cam's it was one dollar to pay six thousand dollars. I didn't even have a chance to reply to it before Cam to reply to Cam's I'm done with betting text before he was already done with that at B Hilsey three just simply says watching Darren Peterson uh run the point for next year is going to be like giving a four logo to a pilgrim, which is very funny, very funny, dude, I know joke. I read that comment when I was at the gym and I thought I pooped my pants.
Speaker 3: That can of four logo is about as tall as the Pilgrims were.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also lose since the last podcast? How about ranked team to lose since the last segment? Number four Tennessee loses to old miss that Chris Beard. He sure can throw a punch at rock Chuck eighty four. Has anyone seen the Joe Schmoe show. I've seen ads for this. This is the this is the reality show right where it's like, uh there, there's like you, did you guys ever watch the Jury Duty show?
Speaker 2: The waever?
Speaker 3: The guy did know that he was being punked. It's kind of like that, isn't it Like when one guy's unsuspecting.
Speaker 2: In a group and he has to like blend in.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it, but I loved to watch this.
Speaker 2: I thought you were talking about Moury.
Speaker 3: Jury Duty was fantastic, by the way, legitimately one of the best shows I've seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've met.
Speaker 3: Jim Gowins nineteen sixty eight six seventy two at nineteen eighty six seventy two. Over the last eleven games, Kansas's best lineup of plus seventy one rating is Coit, Harris, Store, Flory and Dickinson. Interesting that Kj's not in there despite playing well and Store being out there. I mean that just feels like a small sample size, Like I'm curious how many minutes that lineup's been a thing. I think that's more a very very short Maybe that lineup had a little run during Oklahoma State than anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that feels right or may maybe that was like the quick sub against Texas Tech early and they played okay or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: A couple of questions about Wan here at Boom and Frosty not sure why they don't run run, run, seems like this offense especially to wand seem to really excel when they're running fast. Maybe Zeke needs to come off the bench. He's a complete liability here and at JAX one. Thomas says, since Self trust Harris so much and always keeps him on the floor, doesn't recruit over him.
Speaker 2: How long would it take if there were.
Speaker 3: No eligibility limits before Self would decide to move on from Dewan Harris Man?
Speaker 2: If Harris could come back next year, he would retire together. Do I even want to ask?
Speaker 3: If Harris could come back next year, would he start? Would he move Darren Peterson to the two guards so Harris could run the show?
Speaker 2: Yep? I would legitimately strap myself to See four and e jack myself into Orbit.
Speaker 3: I agree Boom and Frosty they do need to run more and Zeke Zeke's clearly just in the in the toilet. Confidence wise, that might be the guy you consider starting Quoit and letting him come off the bench and seeing if that helps him.
Speaker 2: Dude, if Bill self ruined Darren Peterson, I'm going to make January sixth look like like a piece of party that That may be the worst thing said on the show today. I don't know. And I saved these two.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, here's here's one more, and then I saved two for the end here at Chris zierco two. Which player in the last five years had the shortest and longest leash on the court. The shortest leash was keised Pass Moore until yesterday. The longest leash was keys Past More in the game against Ustay. The longest is it legitimately Dewan Harris yep, because Harris gave him nothing and still played thirty four minutes.
Speaker 2: The shortest leaf aj stores up there.
Speaker 3: Brandon Green's in there. Remy early season, Remy had a stupidly short leash.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. Oh, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: You got twelve points and four cists in seven minutes, but you didn't. You didn't hustle back in transition against the Michigan State in Game one, hit the bench, buddy.
Speaker 3: Save for the end at Dick underscore daser is it is it okay to wear the same pants but in different colors basically every day for your life extreme comfort. She knows from Lee's if you know, if you must oh.
Speaker 2: Man wore those he wore. He knows from Lee's.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what life is like if you just don't sweat. It is wearing a pair of pants and then putting it in the bathroom and wearing it again the next day, two days for the same pair of pants.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: Jeans like three days at a time all the time.
Speaker 3: Jeans don't need to get washed very often.
Speaker 2: They hold their own. I mean it depends on where you wear them. I'll wear jeans out to like the most disgusting corner bar, and then I'll put them in of acid and then wear that. I get that one years later.
Speaker 3: If I ever go to like a casino or a sporting event, that's a one day wearing that pants.
Speaker 2: That's what I think too. Yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 3: Depends unwear day that you were just sitting around the house or only drove to a restaurant. Yeah, those are two Those are two days, yep.
Speaker 2: Now one corral, you gotta throw them out, Yes, well you got so. Uh.
Speaker 3: Angie and I go to Golden Corral sometimes because we are very old women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, if you go to a Golden Corral and you see an average woman at a Golden Corral, she's like twenty four biscus deep. Yeah for sure, I yes, And that is all it is.
Speaker 3: And it's and it's it's either really fat people or big Hispanic families with like eight kids.
Speaker 2: That is everybody at the Golden Corral.
Speaker 3: That's not a legend that have to push like three tables together because all the kids are eating. That is Golden Corral in Johnson County.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing with it. We go to Golden.
Speaker 3: Coral sometimes and we bring plastic silverware because one time when we were eating Golden Corral.
Speaker 2: One time at Golden Crawling reading, she just looked right at me and said, you ever thought a little different people that that this fork has been inside of their mouths? And that was enough for me to say, all right, we're bringing plastic silverware every time we ever come back here. Can't even can't fathom.
Speaker 3: I saved this question for last because it will be our quickest answer, and it is also my favorite at sick Nick nine to one one. Would you consider a Twitter post bi weekly with some of those forbidden notes you never read on air so it could be shared with the followers here quit holding out on us, oh man. So let me tell you, Nick, if there was a chance that I could post that without Rock Chalk Blog immediately being shut down, and it would all be Cam's fault. But maybe I'll do Maybe I'll have to start posting blurbs from the notes, because what happens is just to give you all go behind the scenes look Cam while Nick, While Nick, I almost say Nick would do this too. While Landon and I are reading, I write most of the notes. These two help me from time to time, but it's mainly my words, so I feel secure, and Landon mostly feels secure unless he's reading about a team he knows I don't like, like Gonzaga or Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: That it's pretty safe Promosure sacrifice four children last week. But Cam will get in there without us knowing and hide little booby traps in the notes in hopes that we will.
Speaker 2: Read it out loud. No, it's not booby traps because I list them in all caps. That's true, They're very obvious. Nick, was more subtle.
Speaker 3: Cam, we'll just write in all caps like he did in this show Bill apparently gets our enjoys getting and then lots of words. I cannot say that metaphor aztec temple font Yep, yeah, Cam makes it pretty obvious. But yes, I will start posting itp notes uh with no content, just because you won't.
Speaker 4: If you ever have I I land then I get a preview first of what those Land's sake.
Speaker 2: Landon is higher on the more moral scale than both of us combined.
Speaker 3: So every time you hear a every time you hear a phrase like Oklahoma got obliterated, just know that it probably was something really offensive that the reader had to impromptu change.
Speaker 2: To order, modify or pen over by Chucky Cheese Amatronic number twelve UF forty five. That's normally what it says. Yeah, yeah, Cam, Cam is unleashing all the secrets. All right? You ever have ascar cs, Yeah, you know what to do. Chamber of Secrets. Senior Day.
Speaker 3: All right, well you guys take the wheel here you'll find out. I need to go find out how many Senior Days Kansas has won. I forget number twenty four Arizona at Kansas on March eight, a three point thirty PM into town. Come Tommy Lloyd's Arizona Wildcats. They are twenty and ten through thirty games. They started four and five, they then won thirteen to fourteen, and now they're just three and four in their last seven games and all over the place. Sort of year for them. They are fourteen and five and their first year in the big time.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we read this, do you guys think that Tommy Wade looks like a mildly saw Bob the Builder. He does. He does kind of look all the version of Bob the Builder, and he has that every time he gets to the NCAA tournament, like Bob the Builder did when he rarely couldn't fix it. He does kind of look like Bob the Builder. He does. He looks like Bob.
Speaker 3: Also, Tommy Lloyd and Bob the Builder same number of Elite eight appearances.
Speaker 4: Oh my, well, Caleb Love tries to build a lot of things with the amount of bricks.
Speaker 2: He lays, Yeah, there you go, that's a segue. Uh.
Speaker 4: He leads Arizona with sixteen points and four assists. He attempts some more field goals fifteen per game than any player in the conference. It's well known that he's a volume based weapon. The alternates between a cold blooded killer and the most inefficient player in the country, as he shoots just thirty eight percent from the floor and thirty one percent on more than eight three pointers per game. Jalen Bradley is the team's true point guard with his twelve points and four assists, but he's just twenty seven percent from behind the arc. Wing kJ Lewis adds ten to five oil serves. Arizona's best slashing scorer. Anthony del Orso is the three point specialist, as about seventy percent of his shots this year are from three.
Speaker 2: The Wildcats front court is anchored by six foot eight, two hundred and fifty pounds Toby Awaka you guys give me the craziest names, who averages eight and eight. The center is White Guy of the Game candidate Henry Vsar, a seven footer who averages nine to five. He does pop out and shoot threes on occasion. Trey Townsend and Carter Bryant get reserve minutes from here here not from here. The Senior day streak is forty one.
Speaker 3: By the way, they've won forty one straight Senior Day games dating back to nineteen eighty three, Larry Brown didn't lose a senior night, Roy Williams didn't lose a senior night, and Bill self.
Speaker 2: To this point has not lost a senior night. Woll.
Speaker 3: Here's my Arizona analysis here. They are extremely talented, They're dangerous and streaky all at the same time. They are the Big twelve's best rebounding team with about forty per game. They also are the best free throw shooting team in the conference. It's seventy eight percent. Love is the best free throw shooter in the conference with his volume at eighty seven percent. Bradley's also an eighty five percent shooter. This is not a team you want to be behind by four with twenty seconds left. That ain't gonna go good. They draw a lot of contact. They play one of the fastest styles in the Big Twelve. Their pace is effective. The weaknesses are out of control. Are playing in control and playing smart and then see Landa. What it was gonna say is they shoot a ton of threes and Landon then added now it says they shoot a ton of presidents in the head. That is an example where you can see in the notes where all of a sudden something gonna beer very quickly. They shoot a ton of threes, they only make thirty one percent of them, so that's an efficiency problem there. They struggle with turnovers, and with the exception of Caleb Love's sixty foot buzzer beater against Iowa's State, they've struggled in the clutch all year.
Speaker 2: What a matchup.
Speaker 3: This is unstoppable Forrest meets immovable object Arizona in Kansas. Neither one of them can win a close game to save their lives. I look forward to seeing both teams miss every shot in all six overtimes they play.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 4: Kansas is nine and three against Arizona, but they haven't played since November twenty ten in Vegas during Feast week. Kansas last hosted the Wildcats during the two thousand and eight National Championship season. I don't think that will mirror what's happening this year. They barely beat them seventy six to seventy two in overtime. Bill self is three to one against air Zona.
Speaker 3: So also, if you're going to this game, you may want to just not plan anything for Saturday night at all because you're gonna be there a while because Dickinson Adams, Harris Mayo, maybe no, that's not funny him, don't make that joke. They're all gonna speak on Senior Night, and then there's probably a couple there's probably a couple of walk Ons, good reference Landon, so there's gonna be a lot of speeches and Bill self will have to be restrained by security whenever kJ into one give their farewell waves to the crowd because he does not want it to happen. And I am gonna play Kurby your enthusiasm in the background while I make this pick. Kansas wins in a rather blowout. Kansas wins seventy eight sixty four. They control from beginning to end.
Speaker 4: Nice co sign fully co signed to be honest, I think Kansas wins by double digits. They have one get it out of their system kind of game and Arizona goes a little meat necklace. Ku wins like eighty to sixty eight.
Speaker 2: All right, Kansas is similar to my favorite name, Anita Bullmell load blows their blows their load early and then late in the game. It is a close game. Kleb Love misses a potential game ty in three. Kansas wins seventy six to seventy three.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, and like here's the Arizona matchup is not the best in the world because they rebound really well and they can be very volatile if they're making threes. There's not a whole lot that this team does poorly. But I don't like Texas Tech is a very experienced squad. They've been nails in the clutch. We saw them win at Houston and overtime. We saw them win against at BYU like they are a poised team. Arizona's been the opposite in those moments. I don't trust them to execute down the stretch, and I think at some point in this game you see a snowball at Allen Fieldhouse take place, simply because their offense goes cold for extended stretches. I think Kansas will win and extend the Senior Night's streak, pretty much the only thing this squad has to.
Speaker 2: Play for at this point.
Speaker 3: Other games, Final week of Big Twelve. Pick up number ten Iowa State at k State. The Cyclones are reeling and you know what, I'll say, it continues Cats at home? Uh sure, no, give me an Iowa State Cincinnati at Oklahoma State. I guess give me the Cowboys as they finally finally say goodbye to Thompson.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, Oho Ohio Oklahoma State? Sure? Why not? Ohio State would beat either of those teams. TCU at Colorado.
Speaker 3: Jamie Dixon needs a win to get to five hundred, so you already know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Hornprogs Uh for pick them. I'm taking Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yuck. Oh wow, you know what?
Speaker 3: Give me call when we eulogize Landon for the Pickham punishment and he finishes last, the quote is for Pickham's sake, I'm taking Colorado.
Speaker 2: That will be the quote that.
Speaker 3: Landon will be remembered by uc F. At West Virginia, give me the Mountaineers to score way more points than they normally do, because that's what happens versus the Knights.
Speaker 2: Yeah yep.
Speaker 3: Number nine Texas Tech at Arizona State. Do it land and pick them again.
Speaker 2: I really I can't buy it. Stand by it political one more time, one of us, one of us, one of us. Did you say no, are you?
Speaker 1: Are you.
Speaker 2: Okay? Yes? Man? Give me text Tech.
Speaker 3: Number three Houston at Baylor probably the most interesting matchup of the week here, I will say I.
Speaker 2: Really want to come up with any angle to pick Baylor and say.
Speaker 3: You know this is what this is what gets them over the top. But yeah, Houston just wins. They just win games. I'm not picking against them against the Baylor team that hasn't proven capable of taking down the top teams.
Speaker 2: Give me the give me the Cougars. I am actually taking Baylor.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Houston's a tiny bit oh no going ahead, and Baylor desperate for the win to go to go to the dance.
Speaker 2: I think LJ.
Speaker 3: Cryer wants Baylor on a friggin' spike, and he has one of his LJ. Cryer legacy games Utah at number twenty three BYU rivalry game, Cougars win big.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Other games number eighteen Perdue at Illinois, they're fighting a line. I are starting to play a little bit better now that everyone's healthy. I will ride with them and say they win.
Speaker 2: Agree yep.
Speaker 3: Number six. Saint John's at number twenty Marquette. I will take the the Eagles at home, but I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Saint John's very good. Give me the rest. They give me the Johnnies.
Speaker 3: Number nineteen Kentucky at number fifteen Missouri two teams that cannot get out of their own way. I will keep riding with the Tigers. Eventually, I have to be right.
Speaker 2: Same Missouri at home agreed.
Speaker 3: Number seven Alabama at number one Auburn, both off a loss. I love the strategy of picking a really good team to get revenge on the road, but Alabama is reeling.
Speaker 2: I just can't put that stock in them. I think the Tigers win. Auburn's not losing two in a row. Give me the Tigers. Yeah, I'll take the Tigers.
Speaker 3: What are you guys gonna do here? Number two Duke at North Carolina? I want This is another one where I love to pick the upset, but I just think Duke is head and shoulders above everybody else.
Speaker 2: I think they went on the road. Oh man, yeah, I almost want to do it. I think it is somebody has to. I'm close, but it's Duke. So no one's picking the unc upset. Huh Hubert Davis? Is them all easter money? I thought that was gonna get somebody.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma at Texas, how about this stink off? I will take the Longhorns just for any reason, except for I don't pick Porter mosor he sucks correct yep, A number seventeen, Michigan at number eight Michigan State and a big ten clinch off. I will take the Spartans. I think they're the best team in the league.
Speaker 2: Sparta shout out to Jacob Chapman.
Speaker 3: So our next show will be we'll record on Sunday. We'll do just Big twelve Awards. Hopefully that you don't Hopefully you guys aren't hoping to hear a lot of Jayhawk representation because I don't think we'll be having much. I will be in a Shreveport, Louisiana Marguerite Deville recording that one.
Speaker 2: Are you really yes? That is that is true. We're gonna go take a little road trip around some of the Southern flashback to Ryan Hunter Dickinson. That's your Nate Smith. That is true.
Speaker 3: I will give hundred Dickinson his flowers in Big twelve words, because he deserves it.
Speaker 2: He's a first. It's his I t p on rock chalk flog on behalf of Cam. Well, there's nothing I can say on behalf of Cam. He's just Cam. I'm Ryan Land, I'm with the Field, and I'm Kim allegedly all right, somebody say goodbye to the Senior Night Streak. Yeah, sure, why not,