Speaker 1: The Dodgers go to the White House and the President gets a ring and a jersey. Check your eggs just to make sure they're not tainted. I'm Kate Delaney first at the top. We always roll into the rundown here on America tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we start with Iran.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with Iran again. The fact that we're in the thirteenth straight day of back and forth between Iran and the US. The President promised major military punishment for Iran and it's whoy allies on Thursday after the Yemeni fighters struck two Saudy oil tankers that happened in the Red Sea, extending the Middle eastward to a second major shipping joke point. We already have problems with the Straight of Hormus, so there's fears that disruption could widen further to block another sea route that sent global oil prices is surging in one of the steepest rises.
Speaker 2: Of the war so far.
Speaker 1: So the latest round of strikes on that country and the President defending, okay, where are we headed from here? You know, you have these resolutions that were largely symbolic and would not have forced An into the war, but did force lawmakers to record their stands less than four months before most of them face reelection because on Thursday, the House of Representatives voted to end the war two fourteen to twoh eight, with four Republicans joining Democrats to rebuke the White House. The Senate then struck down a similar measure, with key Republicans backing the president. Look, the President says, we want to get it over with, right.
Speaker 3: We've knocked out their navy, their red force, all of their radar, most of their capability in terms of manufacturing. Their drones are down eighty four percent, their missiles are down ninety one percent.
Speaker 4: And I had a newspaper saying they're in stronger position today than there were four months ago.
Speaker 5: No, that's not the truth.
Speaker 3: That's not right.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they're even allowed to say. New York Times said they're in stronger position today. They have no military, they have no navy. They had one hundred and fifty nine ships. Everyone's at the bottom of the sea. They had two hundred and twelve airplanes. Everyone is gone. They have no radar, they have no anti aircraft, they have no nothing other than they're mean and they're smart. And they still have some capability, but four months ago, trust me, they were much much stronger. Okay, I want to give you the non fake news.
Speaker 1: All right, So we'll see what happens through the course of the weekend, and what happens is we bounce into next week. The Trump administration, as you know, sign agreement with the Saudi Arabia to develop a nuclear program even as we're watching what's happening with Iran and how that's escalating. The Department of Energy describe the agreement as one that would allow Saudi Arabia to develop its civilian energy nuclear program and give you as companies, great access to related commercial deals. Congress hasn't approved the arrangement, and few details about it have been made public, but former officials and members of the nuclear community say it is a major shift in US policy and what does that mean? But there still is a thorn in the side of the whole thing because it is dependent on the Abraham Accords. White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt threw in on that the.
Speaker 6: President himself has spoken on this many times his true social posts this morning, and I will read it for those at home who missed it, the civil nuclear deal. There will be no enrichment of material and important point being made between the Department of Energy in Saudi Arabia, which pertains only to non military use, will be approved, but is totally subject to Saudi Arabia joining the very respected and successful Abraham Accords. The United States is not opposed to civil nuclear facilities as we all know. Look, this is a condition that the President has spoken about many times with our Golf and Arab allies. He wants to see these countries sign the Abraham Accord. It was one of the most historic accomplishments of his first term, and it continues to be a long term goal of his to expand those accords to ultimately come to a place where the Middle East can be a peaceful and stable region. And yes, this deal with Saudi Arabia, the energy deal is contingent on this condition as far as the President is concerned. So we'll continue to talk with our Saudi counterparts to get the deal finalized and hopefully see them joining the Abraham Accords very soon.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, on Thursday, Van s Voltcher was sentenced to two con sect life sentences plus forty years after pleading guilty to stalking and shooting sadly Democratic lawmakers in Minnesota. Last year, the federal sentence was handed down following some powerful statements from shooting survivors and relatives of the victims. Colin Hortman, whose parents, Mark Hortman and Minnesota State Rep. Melissa Hortman were killed, said his family went from hole to shattered in one night. He said, my mom will never bake me another cake. She was supposed to make my wedding cake. He said in his victim statement, they would have been the best grandparents. They will never meet my children. He spoke briefly at briefly rather at the hearing, saying to every person, I have caused lost pain, Bolter, that is that I have caused lost pain, heartache, confusion, sad and as shame or loneliness too. I am truly sorry. He pled guilty last month to all six federal charges against him, to stalking counts, two murder counts, to federal firearms shooting offenses. To Federal prosecutors said they told Bolter they would take the death penalty off the table if he pled guilty and served two consecutive life sentences plus forty years, which is exactly what happened there if you don't know the story. In court last month, he admitted to gunning down Mark Cortman and Minnesota State Rep. Melissa Hortman at their house in the early hours of June fourteenth, posing as a police officer. That same day, he drove with the home of Minnesota State Senator John Hoffman and shot and wounded the lawmaker and his wife, Yvette, and attempted to shoot.
Speaker 2: Their daughter as well. It was a really awful, awful day, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: More than nineteen million eggs are part of a voluntary voluntary recall over potential salmonella contamination. So Midwest Poultry Services has done that and it's about nineteen individual jual eggs, is what it is, or one point six million dozen eggs. The white shell eggs and brown cage free shell eggs produced in Texas. They have that sell buy or best buy. You know this date you look for on the carton between July twentieth and August seventeenth. These are eggs that are available at Kroger in Texas, Louisiana, also Brookshire Grocery stores in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Mississippi.
Speaker 2: But also available in.
Speaker 1: Some other smaller stores as well, So check out those codes if you want to do that voluntary egg recall thing, which makes sense to me.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Tropical Storm Bertha second time around, not the charm, but not as awful and brutal as was predicted, but it did hit two.
Speaker 2: Days in a row.
Speaker 1: Came ashore near the Texas Louisiana state line on Thursday, forty five mile an hour winds are nothing, and it hit near Lake Charles, Louisiana. Continued west across Texas, heading in the direction of Houston, getting a little bit weaker as it continues to move inland. That's happening throughout Thursday evening and dissipating probably Thursday night or Friday morning over central Texas. It formed into a tropical storm remember on Sunday, and first made landfall about three o'clock eastern in the afternoon on Wednesday, Saint Bernard Parish, about forty miles east of downtown New Orleans. Yeah, it's weird how they can take turns, you know, wicked turns, and then sometimes dissipate a little bit, which is always a very very good good thing. Coming up next, we're hitting the man cave the Dodgers and the press.
Speaker 8: Let's see if something costs less a lot less, but people are actually happier with it. That sounds like something to look into, and that's Metashare. Maybe you've heard joining metaw share can save you or your family up to five hundred bucks a month, and that's huge, but.
Speaker 7: It's also true.
Speaker 8: People are just happier with it. They love being part of something that reflects and promotes their values and what they believe in. Meta Share works too. It's been around for thirty years now and members have shared more than seven billion dollars of each other's bills. People love having telehealth and a huge nationwide PPO network. You can save a ton and like it better. Imagine being happy with how you're taking care of your health care, whether you're self employed or part of the gig economy, or you just want to plan that you're happy with.
Speaker 9: Here you go.
Speaker 8: You can call right now and get a price within two minutes. A very smart use of two minutes. Here's the number you need. It's eight five five Share forty eight five five shaar e forty eight five five share forty eight five five share forty.
Speaker 10: Lisa Wolf here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download.
Speaker 11: Free.
Speaker 10: Is our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code Radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log on to one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 12: At Hotshot Secret, we share the science behind common diesel problems. For example, sticktion engine oil can break down under extreme heat, leaving behind varnish, a carbon based deposit that creates drag on the engines moving parts. This sticky friction is stiiction. Symptoms include a rough idol and the loss of fuel economy and performance. Hotshot Secret Stiiction Eliminator is formulated to be left in the engine. It works as you drive. Stiction Eliminator is available at truck Stops, Tractor Supply, Riley's Autoparts, and online at Hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 13: Crime across the country is at an all time high. It feels like even a family road trip is taking a risk. We don't want the feeling of being unprotected and vulnerable. We found gets CCL dot com. Get CCL dot com give us the help we needed to apply for a legal concealed carry permit that's recognized in over half of the country. Get CCL dot com simplifies the process to apply and it's all online. We used their free qualification process to answer a few questions and applied for our permit right from home. Thanks to reciprocity laws between states, when you're issued a new Hampshire concealed Carry permit, you can legally carry in any state that recognizes your New Hampshire permit. It only takes minutes to apply, so don't wait. Exercise your rights today. Ensure you're protecting your family at home and in other states, have peace of mind.
Speaker 9: Apply today. Go to get CCL dot com. That's get CCL dot com. Go to GETCCL dot com.
Speaker 13: Exercise your rights today.
Speaker 9: Go to get CCL dot com.
Speaker 14: I'm going to the Man Cave, going to the Mercave, to the Mercave.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are in the man that Cave.
Speaker 1: And it was a big day for the Dodgers because it's part two for them doing that trip to the White House, and it was big day for the president. He got a World Series ring and a jersey. I think he was surprised. Check out what happened.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, oh that looks good. I would like to present this to you as.
Speaker 15: A oh well, oh you have.
Speaker 5: To be kidding. Wow, do I have to report this? I don't want to report this. That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that's really good.
Speaker 5: That's you.
Speaker 4: Thank you though, as you know what that looks like.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. And a World Series jersey.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, So the President said it was one of the greatest brands, the Dodgers anywhere in the world during a Rose Garden event celebrating that second title. They're going for number three. Let's see what happens. We still have a whole lot of baseball.
Speaker 2: Back, he said.
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to say welcome back to the White House. And maybe I'll see you again next year, which, you know, again, who knows.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are are.
Speaker 1: Definitely playing well enough this season, that's for sure. Speaking of the Dodgers in baseball, let's check scores. Yeah, so you know the Dodgers weren't playing but here's what some other teams did, and it includes teams that many of you are big fans of, and trust me, I get your emails.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 1: Like all those Twins fans out there, the Twins pick up number fifty one, knocking off the Guardians at Progressive Field in Cleveland. I saw some highlights of this and actually caught an inning. And that's what I do, run around, try to catch what I can. It's really kind of fun. If you spent the day in the studio with me, you'd think, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Do we ever sit down?
Speaker 1: So anyway, part of what the story was is that the Twins got something going against Cleveland's usually very good bullpen and that was what made a difference in those last couple of runs that they need because remember this was a final in twelve, so the extra frames helped getting a couple of two out RBI singles that gave them the win in the extra frames, and then a split of the four game series. That's what you all you can hope for. I mean, of course, of sweep is the best, but if you can split, a split is a very good thing to take away. We got d back fans in this audience too, beating the Cardinals and Cardinal fans. So bummer for the Cardinals, great for the d Backs. They pick up fifty four. Ten to six was the final. When it was all said and done in this handful of games that was played today, Tyler Locklear three for four of the homer and three rbi big part of that story.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: All right, we slide over to the Royals and the Tigers. The Tigers at Comerica Park looking at their forty ninth win, beating the Royals just by a run. This is kind of an interesting that kind of it wasn't a game. James Autman had a three run homer in the seventh inning and that was a very big push. And then Dylan Dingler, perhaps one of the best names in baseball, had a tie breaking double in the eighth and the surging.
Speaker 2: Tigers knocked off those Royals.
Speaker 1: You know, the Tigers have won fourteen of nineteen games to potentially persuade the franchise to do a couple of things, including keeping Trek skewball and make a push for the playoffs instead of dealing the two time Cy Young Award winner before the August third trade deadline, because that's when you decide, are we dumping and looking into the future, or do we think we really have a shot to hustle up and get into the playoffs and then see what we can do. Blue Jays beat the Rays three to one. Remember how hot the Rays were in the beginning of the year, but it's not that they are stone cold cold. But Chane Bieber pitched a season high seven innings to win his second straight start.
Speaker 2: George Springer reached base three.
Speaker 1: Times, drove in a run, and so it was the Jays beating the Rays to avoid a four game sweep. So, like I said, hey, the Rays almost had their sweep right, It's like at the beginning of the season, were they just killed every They just want everything. Braves beat the Padres out at out in Atlanta six' five in this. Game so we had a couple of really close. Games in this, Game Chris sale matched a season high eleven strikeouts and The braves hit four countum four home.
Speaker 2: Runs in that.
Speaker 1: Win Dominic smith hit a three run homer And Michael harris the second And Ozzy albi's had a solo blast off of Reliever griffin Can. As The braves took three of four From San. Diego all, right we move from the baseball fields to the hardwoods and THE. Nba of, course the big story is this. Story who Needs? Lebron who Wants lebron the? Most there's so many rumors out, there The, wolves The, sixers The, heat The, calves The warriors in play as he's taking his time choosing his next, team because of, course the theory, is, okay he's going to go to another team and then that's you, know then that's going to be. IT i, mean how much longer does he? Play he's one of the greatest of all, Time he's won how many? Championships what else does he have to? Prove but it does make it interesting to, watch to see to see where this could. Go let's just put. It let's just put it that. Way and then how about. This THE nba is looking Into Gary Trent junior's contract why sixty a sixty four million dollar extension with The bucks has raised a couple of eyebrows because their salary cap circumvention allegations that have really pummeled The bucks on this. One and that's what it. Is Because Trent junior is coming off the worst season of his. Career his last two free agent contracts came for the minimum salary in twenty twenty four and a twenty percent raise on that minimum salary through what they call the non bird rights in twenty twenty. Four the twenty twenty Three Collective Bargaining agreement has MADE nba finances.
Speaker 2: Much tighter than.
Speaker 1: Before teams are less willing to hand out long term deals than ever before in recent times, Anyway so the expectation would have been For trent to get only a minimum or near minimum. Deal, instead he gets a fully guaranteed four, year sixty four million dollar. Contracts so THE nba did say that they will look into the, contract SO i don't, know did they circumvent it or so what they gave him a big. Deal the theory again is because of how he played last, season and he became a free agent in twenty twenty four years coming off a three, year fifty one million dollar contract and was initially expected to get paid in that. Range, Again SO i don't, Know stay tuned for.
Speaker 2: More on that.
Speaker 1: One you, know the violation when you think of these violations of what it could cost you that remember The timberwolves once committed that With Joe. Smith in nineteen ninety, Nine smith signed a contract with The timberwolves that was well below to his perceived market, value but he did so with an agreement in place to resign for more money once he had a. Crew the Bird rights needed to do, it but that violation drew a penalty that cost The Tea wolves five first round.
Speaker 2: Picks, wow although two.
Speaker 1: Were eventually given back in part because there was a paper.
Speaker 2: Trail. Wow, yeah there's more behind the scenes maneuvering than you.
Speaker 1: Think my, friends, right, hit it's not all cookies and. Cream i'm gonna be watching this one for. SURE i love Watching Scottie shuffler.
Speaker 2: PLAY i.
Speaker 1: Do he's like my favorite, golfer and of course CAN i jump on the, bandwagon But i've always been. There he's the world number, one and he was among the top putters On, thursday one week after struggling on the greens at The. Open so he's trying to get that second. Win you, know you look at the leader board and the leader Is Keen, coles who's nine. Under scottie is six, under and there's plenty of golf left to be, played so maybe he can slide in and.
Speaker 2: Get that second big. Win he is really fun to. WATCH i, mean you, know it's.
Speaker 1: Funny before as he was coming up In, DALLAS i can remember talking To Justin leonard and some other people about, him and they kept because they kept bringing him.
Speaker 2: Up how great he. Was All, right we continue to roll on. Through we got some great guest In Author's.
Speaker 1: Corner Ra A scanzilla has so much energy and a great.
Speaker 2: Book she's coming up next on the show Off. Corner she still put the books they.
Speaker 5: Wrote oh she is a beaut the authors On folks Theos.
Speaker 1: WELL i am so pleased to welcome To Author's corner R. A Scan. Zillow she has so much, energy you're gonna love her here On America tonight with Me Kate. DELANEY i just you can feel her. Energy her book Is unsolicited Short, words random chapters from a latent, boomer the poems and short stories of. R. A Scan. Zillow, all ra thank you so much for hanging with.
Speaker 11: Us oh you're. Welcome thank.
Speaker 1: You what was it that made you? Decide you know, What i'm gonna pull all of this together because it had to be a big. Project what made you do? It what's your?
Speaker 11: Motivation, well you, Know i've been writing SINCE i was, four and my father was a. Storyteller my mother read us bedtime, stories and he had been a. Rambler he had Written The Freight trains after escaping from an institution In boston as an orphan and ending up In, california and then meeting my mother on a night, train and when they got, married he would sit at the kitchen table and just spin these, stories these phantasmogorical tales that would captivate my brother and, me and my mother would read to us at night on the bed from books that we could, see and between the two of, them my mother was a. Poet she wrote light verse quite, well and my father's stories were just, endless AND i could not not. WRITE i think my first. STORY i was. Four MAYBE i had drawn all the illustrations and folded the eight and a half by eleven into the little, book and standing in the, Kitchen i'll never forget, IT i, Said, MOM i need you to spell the words for. ME i want to put the words on the white. SPACE i didn't understand syntax or. LINEARITY i just wanted the words to go in the, book you. Know AND i had my story in my, head and she would spell the words for, me And i'd write them crayon in all the space around the. Drawings and that was the beginning of it, all AND i really haven't stopped. SINCE i wrote letters to my friends throughout high. School we didn't have the, internet you, know we didn't have, anything AND i had friends from all over the country THAT i would write letters. To and that's HOW i really honed my desire and passion AND i suppose skill in manipulating, language you, know getting it on. Paper and then in recent, years the past maybe, DECADE i have, decided you, KNOW i better compile everything and get all the poems as many short stories AS i think are worthy into one, volume because now is the, time you, know we don't there's no time like, now they all tell. Us and when you get to the now in your, life which is Where i'm, at you, know this is the future we thought, about we wondered. About, Well i'm in the middle of it right, now and now is the time to get it all out. There SO i compiled, everything And archway has been so paid with, me my, publisher you, know getting everything, compiled edited and put. Together so all the poems are, there and many of the. STORIES i hope that my, readers you, know come to the trough as it, were and.
Speaker 1: Read the, stories which are there's fifty three. Stories some of them are, short some of them are more. DENSE i mean it scenes from, life there's no, question and we want people to know they can get your book On, Amazon barnes And noble for a.
Speaker 2: Song go get.
Speaker 1: It you'll be entertained and you'll won't want to put it. DOWN i mean you won't want to put it down BECAUSE i think it's really really. Captivating and we're not going to tell everyone, everything but you AND i talked off the. Air give us one of your short, stories.
Speaker 11: Well one THAT i told you, About. Kate it's simply Called. Boston boston is very. Autobiographical it was the only trip my parents took me on WHEN i was. Five we went To, boston the city of my father's, birth and it's it's told from the point of view of a five year old who is traveling through the Old North church and up on the plank to get onto the Ship constitution and all the sensate experiences of five year old has in the bright sun on the waterfront with her parents and experiencing the one and only trip we actually took. Together but there are. Others there are you, know there are real departures from narratives like. That i've written about, relationships failed, relationships people that have been part of my life and How i've sort of worked my way through. Those but the Narratives boston is just one little capsule of how it is THAT i have been the blob number one at the bottom of the, tree you, know the blob. Tree i'm looking up And i'm watching the world around me because we weren't as children allowed to participate in the world at. LARGE i was raised by a sort of a, sect A christian sect that was very, exclusive and women were supposed to be quiet in the company of, men AND i busted out to you, know get my voice, heard and writing was my writing is WHERE i go to chronicle everything THAT i have seen and heard in.
Speaker 1: Life, well and, actually what a gift that you were able to do that starting at such a young age because that imagination AND i think readers will have their own imaginations probably ignited. Too what do you Think i'm.
Speaker 11: HOPING i hope they recognize themselves without, fear because you, know fear is a big one and being able to see yourself or someone you love or someone you've known and acknowledge that's FAMILIAR i can relate, with and there's comfort in. THAT i think there's more comfamiliarity then there would be, in you, know imagining a future that we that is so, uncertain especially now we can't predict anything, anymore and we need to rest get our comfort from that which is familiar and relatable on a personal. Level And i'm hoping readers find themselves because my writing is. RAW i won't apologize for. That it's pretty straight, ahead in your, face all about the truth AS i see, it AND i hope that readers actually get a degree of comfort from recognizing.
Speaker 16: Themselves, yeah you, know it's so interesting in your, book and you can get this, book LIKE i, said you know anywhere great books are, sold but unsolicited short words and random chapters from a Latent, boomer the poems and short stories of RA. A, scanzillo The Layton boomer tell us about.
Speaker 1: THAT i love that you put that in. There, hey a latent, boomer.
Speaker 11: Right, YEAH i am A boomer. Child at first, glance people may not realize That i'm part of that. GENERATION i have older an older, brother ten or eleven years my. SENIOR i was raised in that, generation and we you, know it was kind of hidden because most of my contemporaries in professional music and creative the creative pursuits are a good decade younger than, me AND i recognize that someone has to represent our generation and the way we worked out our roles as, women as people in that transitional period of. Life i'm so it's kind of it was kind of, hidden AND i kind of want to represent as Best i'm, able my sort of, anomalous if you, will role THAT i have been playing within my. GENERATION i think a lot of my writing is generationally, based, obviously but will be broadly, accessible you, know to anyone who wants to, see AS i, said where they.
Speaker 1: Fit and even your. Poetry your poetry is kind of six. CATEGORIES i, mean it is six. Categories and you say, this it varies the context of, it the. Mood do you feel that is that how you write.
Speaker 11: POETRY i will write a poem If i'm driving or walking AND i get the, TITLE i get the, title and IF i don't get home and start, writing it's. Gone and WHAT i do IS i try to peer it down to just the single. THOUGHT i want to kind of hit people between the eyes with whatever the concept happens to, be and oftentimes you'll see there's a kind of running. THEME i like to look at life from the beginning of life to the. END i am not preoccupied with, death BUT i think the context of life from birth to death keeps us away from thinking that we have this unlimited vision of. Opportunity you, know we we have a life and we get to use, it and if we think too broadly without any, boundaries we might waste a lot of. Time AND i think that my poems are meant to sort of tighten that, lens you, know that focus on the, lens and get everyone to zone in on what is of value from birth to. Death and that's WHY i keep my poems relatively short and to the. Point and IF i haven't made my, POINT i don't consider it, worth you, know worth the reading reading of, it because that's WHY i write. Poetry they're little capsules of, life experience and ideas THAT i think are of most.
Speaker 1: Value and we've weave this into the. Conversation but as bears, repeating what are a couple of takeaways you want readers to have from picking up your.
Speaker 11: BOOK i want my readers to stay with. It you won't want to sit and read from cover to. Cover it's not a pool, side you, know a piece of. Entertainment it's. Dense you'll want to read a poem or, two a couple, poems maybe one of the stories you'll want to reflect on, that maybe flip through and read. Another that's WHY i call it random BECAUSE i haven't really collated every story by. Thematic you, know they're just all in, there grab, one read, it think about. It BUT i want them to return and seek out more of what they might recognize in that they can relate, with because it's sort of, a AS i, said a compilation of a life's. Observation it's been kind of a long, life AND i think that getting into it means being willing to read pieces at a time and keeping it on the nightstand or nearby and.
Speaker 17: Returning well, said perfect place to end this, again the Book i'm solicited short words and random chapters from a latent boomer of the poems and short stories of Ra.
Speaker 1: Scanzilla what a delight to have you on the. Show thank you so, Much thank, You.
Speaker 11: Kate you've, done you have no idea what you've done for. Me i'm really. Grateful.
Speaker 18: Thanks did you know that healthy arteries make a? Gas? Yes actually three known gas is, Hi i'm Doctor, mitch and nitric oxide is a gas that's readily made all day long to keep our arteries open by relaxing the blood vessel. Walls by doing, this our circulation is, increased bringing, blood oxygen and nutrients to every part of your. Body both age and poor diet can lead to a loss of this precious, gas and in, turn blood pressure can go, up energy can go, down and you can get tingling in your hands and. Feet, well our, Product ultimate Nitric, oxide can easily help fix this lack of nitric. Oxide go To Total wellness dot. Com that's total wellness dot, com where we are helping you to look, good feel, good and enjoy total.
Speaker 14: Wellness in today's troubled, world OUR Usa Armed forces stand ready to protect, you your, family and Our american way of. Life when veterans return to civilian, life they deserve your recognition and. Support you can help put vets to work by donating your, car, truck or van To Patriotic. Hearts your donation will directly support programs to help vets find jobs or even start their own. Business donate today for fast free pickup of your, vehicle running or. Not operators are standing by to answer questions about making a tax deductible vehicle. Donation find out how you can make a difference in the life of The United states Veteran call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero for twenty four hour response call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight. Zero eight hundred two zero nine four five eight. Zero that's eight hundred two zero nine four five eight.
Speaker 7: Zero finding great candidates to hire can be like, well trying to find a needle in a. Haystack, sure you can post your job to some job, board but then all you can do is hope the right person comes, along which is why you should try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash. Free ZipRecruiter doesn't depend on candidates finding. You it's power full technology identifies people with the right experience and actively invites them to apply to your. Job you get qualified candidates, fast so while other companies might deliver a lot of, hey ZipRecruiter finds you what you're looking. For the needle in The.
Speaker 15: Haystack four out of five employers who post a job in ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first. Day ZipRecruiter the smartest way to. Hire and right now you can try ZipRecruiter for. Free that's right. Free just go to this exclusive web address ZipRecruiter dot com slash, free that ZipRecruiter dot com slash, free ZipRecruiter dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Free i'm so excited to take you to THE uk for a conversation with Doctor garbelli here On Author's. Corner it's an important one AND i am very glad that he's joining Me Kate delaney here On America tonight for this Special Author's corner. Segment what's so interesting and all of you know this is that we talk about on this show all the. Time we talk about the importance of knowing what you're getting into when it comes to artificial. Intelligence, well his book is all about. This check out this name a blueprint for future proofing your profession and for healthcare decision makers leading the evolution OF ai robotics powered medicine and what could possibly go? Wrong, Right Doctor garbelli has all of that for. Us thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 9: Us on the.
Speaker 5: Show thank you for having Me. Kate, so what was it.
Speaker 1: That drove you twenty six years in the profession practicing a cute? Medicine you've seen it. All what was it that drove you to write this?
Speaker 5: BOOK a few years AGO i started coming across a lot of, products and it was around the time when we most of, us were being exposed TO ai with first versions Of, Chat gipt and so. On and at the same time in the healthcare, space a lot of things were, appearing for, example sscribe, applications something for radiology. Support SO i started asking. QUESTIONS i started asking the manufacturers and the vendors simple. Things how DOES ai make a? Decision is there some? Transparency CAN i find out where the information comes? From who's responsible when something bad, happens when it gives me an incorrect? Answer AND i quickly realized that nobody had prepared for. This everything was being, sold was ready for, use but without much, clarity without having been tested for, safety and without any change in the healthcare space to protect us as users and protect. Patients, yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Crazy and so in doing the research AND i asked you this off the, AIR I we could talk about this for, hours but because a lot of things Were i'm sure, surprising but what was one of the most surprising things to you about all of this when we talk ABOUT, ai.
Speaker 5: Well for, example outside the healthcare, space that was really appalled WHEN i started seeing the outcome of people USING a as a, companion as a confident and very often as a substitute for professional. Help and we all have heard that there have been cases where people were even advised how to commit, suicide and that's something that is. UNACCEPTABLE i remember reading the figures that as a result of, this a company got a bunch of experts together to retrospectively fix the model and improve the response, rate which improved to ninety seven. Percent three percent of error in that space is still. Unacceptable we wouldn't really accept to put on the market or take ourselves a medication that kills three percent of people would be.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely we. Wouldn't that is. TERRIBLE i want to remind everyone again The Doctor's future name of the book a blueprint for future proofing your profession and for healthcare decision makers leading the evolution OF ai robotics powered. Medicine tell us more about what we can expect in the, Book.
Speaker 5: It's quite a. JOURNEY i didn't want to have a one way. APPROACH i came across a lot of books that follow THE ai high AND i wanted to have a balanced. Approach SO i look at all the possible wonderful things THAT ai can do which our human brains cannot. Do SO i don't want to only paint a negative picture and say it's. Bad but at the same, TIME i explored in a lot of detail the risks and also the impact on how we. Perform for, example going in the future WHEN ai will overpower our human, brains will be a super, intelligence how do we interface with working alongside something that outsmarts. Us how does that change the dynamics between doctors with. Patients and even in a further future WHEN ai will be directly to facing with our, brains how does that affect the identity itself or the. Doctor that's WHY i thought about putting stafeguarding your profession in the, title because if we leave it to, technology we might well be all replaced by an algorithm and by PHYSICAL. Ai and we know that there are a lot of companies working on some aspects of. This but if we want to preserve the human senteredness of medicine and the moral. COMPASS i think we need to prepare. Now we need to be, involved.
Speaker 1: Definitely you can get by the way Doctor garbelly's books wherever great books are sold With, Amazon bards And, noble all those. Places also this website doctor garbelly dot. Com very easy to remember that people are listening to our conversation and they get your. Book what do you hope they take?
Speaker 5: Away whatever they, Work WHAT i hope they take away is to get. Involved in the. BOOK i organize all the ideas around WHAT i call the Healthcare Convergence, framework AND i use the word convergence to indicate that it's not something just for. Doctors we all need to work together on addressing these, issues especially decision, makers, governments, regulators the, industry the. Manufacturers we cannot have a separate approach like we're doing. Now it's such an important.
Speaker 1: Thing what's so, interesting, too and so powerful about this book is it's written by. Doctor there's so many other books are not written by the people in the. Profession what do people in your profession? Think what Other BECAUSE i think this is, invaluable certainly for anyone getting into, medicine or anyone who's got a separate, practice or anyone who's working with a, hospital anybody in the. Field.
Speaker 5: PERIOD i got quite a lot of positive reviews from, readers and you, know the majority of doctors THAT i personally know are. Avoiding they are are not. Interested they are concentrated on carrying on things as, usual the clinical, practice and they think this issue is far away in the. Future at the same, time WHAT i observe was two weeks ago In japan AND i listened to some experts speaking about the government. Plan there's been a massive investment to plan for robots to be deployed in healthcare over the next few. Years so it's already. Happening it's not something that we can ignore no. Longer and if we don't put some safeguards around, this the risk of being replaced is very. Real and it's.
Speaker 1: Interesting sitting here thinking about this when people and you know this in treating, people people are, nervous people are it doesn't, matter they're. Concerned what is this operation going to? Be, Like, OH i had something that happened to, Me and imagine that if you only interacted with robotics and there was not the human. Touch there is the danger, there.
Speaker 5: Right, YEAH i wouldn't wish it of my worst. Enemy when you are at the worst time in your, life you're, scared you're. Lonely you really don't want to be left alone with a. Machine even if it is programmed to show compassion and to show emotions, artificially how do you know you can trust? It how do you know that there is an ethical? Core and if humans, disappear who intervenes when there is a? MALFUNCTION i started writing the book with a lot of questions and even more came the, way AND i HOPE i have answer to all of. Them.
Speaker 1: YEAH i, mean even just in the one, title before you get to the, subtitle you say the doctor's. Future the doctor's future is going to be Differ.
Speaker 5: Absolutely the profession is going to be completely different from what we have known so, far for, example even the existence of different. Specialties once robots will be able to do procedures and operations on their, own and you will have all the tools to quickly reach a, diagnosis analyze a lot of. Data what will be the role of specialists and consultations and multidisciplinary. Meetings there's going to be a lot of change over the next few, years and my intention was to prepare us now for that, transition not to find ourselves obsolete and inadequate to work in this environment and no longer have a role within.
Speaker 1: Healthcare perfect place to end, this you need to get this. BOOK i would suggest it even. Late people can get the book so that you're more prepared for what you will, encounter because to, me that is, very very. Scary while there would be some good, aspects like as you, mentioned trying to be fair about, everything but dealing with strictly, robotics can you just imagine what that would be. Like, yeah and you can always catch up with a Doc doctorgarbelli dot. Com get the book On Barns noble and off of course on The amazon as. Well thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 5: Us thank you for having. Me it's been a. Pleasure