Speaker 1: Green Societyations. Everyone at Ritch Wilson Walking Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is May eighth, about nine twenty in the morning, and it is always on Fridays. I'm here with my good buddy, mister Tim McCloud. Tim, I'm Dragon. A little bit was off at the Hudson Valley game. It was cold outside watching Gabe Davis play pitch for the Chicago White Sox and Caveam Bonamer, Caleb Bonnemer and guys like that, so it was a lot of fun. But I got in late last night. I was cold, so you have to give me a boost of energy, my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're gonna talk closures. How much more energy need rich? Like, really, it's one of your favorite topics of conversation. Did you see Bonomer get plunked by uh No? That was in night before. I guess Garrett Cole got a little cranky and drilled him after he got three consecutive hits off them or something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Bartomber's good. He's like, it's a that's a big big boy. The I forgot who was pitching for uh for the Hudson Valley team. He through four innings, four walks, four hit hits Batman was Finally the manager came out said that's enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got your work. You got your work. Abel to somebody else yet so uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so that's that's what we got. So I don't know, let's close. I think we should talk about the big news, and that's uh, Trek Scuball needing elbow surgery. I mean, Tammy, we're going closers has been brutal. Starting pitching has been absolutely I don't of anything saying, like anything the high end pitchers three of the big four if you include Hunter Brown or now the il I mean that's you know, the lone wolf is Paul Skens. I mean makes sense of this for me. First of all, if you own Trek scouble, how long is he going to be out? What do you do? Well?
Speaker 2: Apparently when they got in there and they took a look at the elbow, apparently there was only one loose body, which to me means obviously he's got good antibodies. Sorry, I.
Speaker 1: Had the mouse over the rim shot, I says, you were going on, where's he going with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, yeah, anybodies are good. Apparently, now they're saying four to six weeks oh really. Oh yeah, apparently there was only one loose body in there. Everything was pretty clean. So they're saying four to six weeks. So that changed is the equation considerably from what we thought might be two to three months. Okay, so if he is back in four to six we'll go on the long side of that, maybe go seven weeks. You're basically looking at the same loss of time as per se Hunter Brown. Okay, you're looking at twelve to fifteen starts probably over the balance of the year once he returns, assuming he sticks to that time frame. So it it's still bad and it's still gonna hurt, but it's not gonna hurt as bad as what we possibly thought at the time of the incident.
Speaker 1: So I did not read that as again, I was out freezing my butt off at an early May game, so because in my head, I thought this was a disaster for the Detroit Tigers. They're off to a slow start, losing Scooble, and problem not going to be able to trade him before the deadline because he was about when he would come back. He would come back sometime in August. Now if he comes back in early July, late June, they have a chance, and he pitches two or three games, they have a chance to move him at the deadline, which would be great for them.
Speaker 2: Well, they have a chance to move him at the deadline, and if they can play five hundred baseball, you know, if they can play decent baseball in the meantime, they might also decide to keep them, depending on what happens in their division. So it doesn't it leaves things I think in a state of fux as we had, you know, right now.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it just seems like tim the Troit Tigers and some of the some teams are really struggling. It just does not look like the Detroit Tigers season. I mean, they for some reason, they have brought up Max Clark. They've got harvy bias when he's healthy in center field, fram Er Valdez is just angry at the world and throwing at people. I mean, it's it looks bad in Detroit at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's stump by bramberveld Is. That was bushleg totally, and yeah, like come on, grow up a little bit. I Hey, I get it, you're disappointed that you gave up back to back home, but plunking the next batter is not the answer to the solution. The answer the answer to the problem that I should say is pitch better. Pitch better. They're not going to hit out of the park. See, you have a job. Hitters have a job. They were doing theirs, you weren't doing yours. You know, suck it up a little bit. I was disappointed in that, I really was. But then after that stump last year with the catcher and this signals whatever Bramber has moved from my maybe list to my I just don't want to have anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair. Well, getting back to the Tigers, maybe I misspoken. I didn't realize how bad that americanly Central looked. They're in second place eighteen and twenty ten, one game in front of the potential World Series champions, Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: Well, I did I have to I would you would hear me laughing with out? Okay, come the end of septmver shohen something happened? Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh I know is if they're at the end of July, I will we will have a show dedicated to me kissing your ass, I mean would be amazing.
Speaker 2: You won't mention any of my Really.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that. That would be an amazing call. Soah, but I mean, yeah, you're right. I mean that's great news on school. People haven't heard it. I had not heard it that three to only three will you say four to six weeks?
Speaker 2: Four to six weeks is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I guess one. I guess the fear was there would be more elbow damage, not just loose bodies, but potentially more structural damage. So that's good that that's not what's going to happen. But I guess the point here also is thinking back to the draft. I mean, it's always been a risky proposition to draft a starting pitcher in the first round. And we had definitely scooble and schemes going in the first round, and some of them we had crochet going in there. And I saw one Yamamoto win in the first round. Does this give you pause for that strategy of hey, look we still need these top pictures and let's go grab them to get the two hundred strikeouts when they just break. To me, it's just by definition that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, it does, but I really don't think it changes, not for me anyways, It doesn't change the equation a whole lot. How many home runs is Bobby Wad Junior got he was drafted four? Yeah, Juan Soto has missed what three weeks? Ron Lacuna is out, Julio Rodriguez hasn't started a COVID. Corbyn Carroll is chasing Bobby Wad Junior in the home run department, protecting Fernando.
Speaker 1: Payment Bone. That's what we expect. Yeah, Tatist Junior has been a disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hasn't a home run yet. Gunner Henderson is not hitting his weight. Okay, that is what six seven players in the first round bats. Okay, underachieving an Injuries can affect us all. So I'm I know the odds of pictures getting hurt are higher, But when you look at this year, if you happen to right now have Faull Schemes touch, would that provides a little bit of an edge? I would been considering the ten top e ra as are all from undrafted or later drafted pictures, right Yeah, if you if you've managed to hold on to Schemes and and Er Yamamoto, Yeah they're good picks. It makes a difference if you happen to to have to have drafted Fernando to teas junior. Yeah, it's it's been tough. So I hey, I said, pictures, pictures break, but a good picture also provides you a big age. So do you do nothing?
Speaker 1: Are you okay taking a picture of the first round?
Speaker 2: I'm not because I don't think I don't think you have to. I think you can. I think you can work with the middle rounds and do very well. But at the same point in time, I'm not going to slighter fault somebody for taking a ball of schemes in the first round. Yeah, he's the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 1: I think is best in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the last time I looked, skiings e ra is better than schools. Uh. And he started off he started out with an era of I believe it was about one hundred and thirty five after that first misadventure.
Speaker 1: So it's been very good. So yeah, and the Pirates are better, so they're winning more games. So he went from a guy you were going to trade for a forgot who last season and I talked to you out of it now being the best picture in baseball. Wow, how things have changed with mister McLeod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I happened to have. I happened to have Skimes and Yamamoto in one league, in a keeper league. So I'm a okay, I you know, you look at Schoogle and he's been hurt before. This isn't you know, this isn't something new this way.
Speaker 1: Well, Tommy John surgery in college too, So that's that's always the fear. And I wonder if it will affect his free agency because second, Tommy John surgery's lasts about ten years, and yeah, he's getting close to ten years.
Speaker 2: Mm yeah, oh yeah. With the dot I would have to think, yeah, what is transpired is going to affect you know, hey, I think the sky was a limit. I think there is a limit now, okay. And he's not going to get He's going to get a good contract. He's not going to be in the Boroughs, not by any stretch of the imagination. But he's not going to get a half a billion dollar contract. I ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: He's going to get paid a lot though, and you know Scott bars is his agents. Yeah, we'll see what happens. It particularly comes back and can pitch effectively down the stretch. I mean that that could be extremely good. So can we get a Gunner Henderson? You mentioned his name. Yeah, he is not on my start set or drop, you know, because I think you're starting them. But I mean talk about I mean, the power is there. With nine home runs, he's showing good speed. He's a guy that could go twenty five twenty, maybe thirty twenty and hit to ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that therein lies the problem. Randy or Rosarina can do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Candy, Are you suggesting that Gunner Henderson is the is the new Randy A. Rose Arena.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not suggesting that to be the case, but it could prove to be at some point in time. Yeah, Gunner Henderson could be twenty five to twenty five low batting average type player.
Speaker 1: But he's never been. He's never been that. I mean, look at you see a strikeout rate twenty one percent last year, twenty two percent the year before that, thirty one point five this season, and he's got the worst walk rate of his career.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's yeah, he's he's posting a two sixty OVP right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randy E. Rose Arena is return more valuated. I would be willing to bet.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I don't know how many home runs in stolen bases he has, so uh yeah.
Speaker 2: But it is this way. It's a long way from twenty twenty four, where he had thirty seven home runs, stole twenty one bases, and had a two eighty one average three sixty four OVP. Yeah, in eight ninety three ops six eighty one. What alarms me is the strikeout to walk. That's that's you know, he's always struck out, but he's on base after the first month. To strike out three hundred times, that's a big number.
Speaker 1: So if I may, if I may, to me, it feels like his timing is either off or he has changed his swing type. So he's always had a fairly modest launch angle nine and a half degrees in twenty twenty five, nine point two degrees in twenty twenty four. It jumped up to seventeen degrees this season, So that's either a guy. We can look at the data and find out if he's popping up a whole lot of balls, which could very well be the case. So he's gone a significant sixty one percent airball rate in a thirty eight percent, So he's popping up at seven point eight percent of the time, which is a little higher than last season. But he is trying hit the ball more in the air, which usually brings your strikeout rate up, but his in the bottom line. By doing all this, his exit velocity has dropped significantly. So either his swing is all messed up or his new approach is not working. But he needs to get back to being the Gunner Henderson who drives the ball, who gets on base. And maybe he didn't like the seventeen home runs last season and tried to change something, but it's not working.
Speaker 2: No, And I was thinking, when you stray out fifty four times in one hundred and fifty nine at bats, that don't leave much room for pop ups, does it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you got a two sixty on base percentage, ten, that is not that's not a guy. That's that's a going to be a long term major league baseball player. I don't care if it is Gunner Henderson. He's got to find a way to solve that. And somebody's got to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's he's ninety points below his average. Yeah, career average, that's no, that's not going to work, and.
Speaker 1: We're seeing he's just getting under the under the ball too much. So hopefully it is just a mechanical problem that he can fix and get back to being the guy that he is. Otherwise it's gonna be a long season for the Orioles. And you start to look at that front office and I love, you know, I'm pretty close to that front office. I love what they're doing. But Gunner Henderson hitting two to one, Pete Alonzo two twenty five, Tyler O'Neil two hundred, Colton Cows are one to eighty nine. Cook he may have won sixty seven. All of the guys, not Alonso, but all of the young kids that they thought we can't miss prospects and I did as well, Timmy, they're missing.
Speaker 2: Well, they've got Liordi Tavaris and center field. That wasn't part of the plan, was it?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean, and where the heck is Jackson Holiday He's on the Mike Trout recovery plan. I mean, this is a guy that had hammate surgery and can't recover from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know he's back on a rehab a signmon, but again, I was expecting to see him two to three weeks into the season. Well we're now into week six. Yeah, yeah, it's and it's probably going to be if things work out right, he's going to be about a month longer on the aisle. And I was all the other guys that had surgery around the same.
Speaker 1: Time, the same day. It was the same day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all back and produced.
Speaker 1: They all started the season on on the roster and the major League ross. Now again the power's out there, which you understand, But Jackson Holliday, I mean it's like this. I think it's concerning the guy that he finally has an injury and his recovery time has been so elongated. And again I threw the Mike Trout word out there. I don't know, Timmy, it feels a lot like Mike trout have, you know, would have a a problem and it would take him months to recover from.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Andrew Vaughn broke his hand a week week and a half after and he's already hit a home run for the Brewers. Okay, Yeah, that's that's a long it's a long time for Jackson Holiday. And hey, I got that one wrong. That one has made a huge difference to a lot of my squads this year. You know, losing a month, a bonus month of Jackson holiday hasn't helped my cause offense, I got.
Speaker 1: I've got him, and I expected a big year. I did not. I drafted him in my draft and hold before he got injured and then I'm like, okay, you know I got a replacements. So he comes back sometimes middle of April. I mean it's it's a month late already, and it's like, where is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly back.
Speaker 1: To pitching, tim so yes, I mean it's it's been tough and we're going to talk. In fact, we'll talk closers next, but starting pitching. I mean, you've got guys like Robbie Snelling coming up this week and Elma Rodriguez who hasn't been good. But these are why these guys are getting bid up well.
Speaker 2: And know, hey, you can't ignore them because all it takes is one ahead and it solves a lot of your problems. But for everyone that hits is going to be three four plus at Gold and hey, you go to the waiver wire and take a look at what's out there. There ain't much. Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Playing the middle middle reliever game. Too, which is is a tough game to play. Yes, it is so, I mean, and and again, Noah Saultz starting to come back to earth a little bit. The walks are starting to mound up. The era is now north of four fifty, So, I mean, I think we're going to see that he's not quite ready yet. And but that's that's that's who's up. Those are the kind of guys that are coming up, high end potential dudes in the future that might not be ready.
Speaker 2: Well, not everybody is a Carvin Burns, right, yeah, and Carvin Burns struggle last year a little bit too. It wasn't he wasn't all world. You know, it takes a while for these Chase Burns, Yeah, Chase burn chess.
Speaker 1: He's thinking, you said Corman Burns, which but then I'm thinking, like, well, where is Corban? Right? I know he's coming back from Tommy John surgery. Isn't he expected sometime in the second half. We have to look into.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, August September, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, all right, So starting pitching is a nightmare. I'm not sure. We got a whole lot of advice. I mean, we will tell people when guys get called up what we feel about them and so forth. But uh, closingess think is even worse off than starting pitching. And I I kind of laughed when I saw Amelio Pegan hit our buddy Amelia Pagan hit the eyel because Tim was just talking on Sunday about, Hey, at least we got Amelia Pagan, and it's like, guess what, Tim, we don't have Amelia Pegan anymore. So you've done some research on the top guys that were the top closes that were taken in the NFBC, and wanted to go through a game or something to tell us what you got going on.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I just went through and I took a look and listed the top twenty closers for the NFBC ADPs. And I was just thinking, making it fairly quick, let's go with a pass or fail and I'll just give you the top twenty. How does that sound?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay? Number one, Mason.
Speaker 1: I say, pass or fail? Is it the okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Well reverse roles for this one, okay. The top ten with Rich this morning, Mason were at number.
Speaker 1: One pass fine colors, okay.
Speaker 2: Number two Edwin Diaz, oh fail, yep, I agree. Number three Andre's Munosh.
Speaker 1: Well, he's still healthy. He's not been very good. I'm going to say a D so apparently passing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's fair. Yeah, I agree with that. At number four we got Kate Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh pass.
Speaker 2: Okay. At number five Johan Duran.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but I mean, if you're saying today he's failed, he's been he's been hurt more than he's been on yep.
Speaker 2: Number six David Bedner.
Speaker 1: Same camp as uh Moon, he's passing it, but it's it's it's a C minus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no flying colors. There's no flying colors in the seven or oldest Chapman.
Speaker 1: Oh h B plus passing okay.
Speaker 2: Number eight than Williams.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say fail, he's been brutal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree. Number nine Ryan Hillesley.
Speaker 1: Uh now hurt. I'm gonna say fail.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree. Number ten Josh Hater, No fail. He has pitched yet, yeah, racial Iglesias, Uh, back back to the il.
Speaker 1: He pitched pretty well before getting hurt, right, Yeah he did. I'm going to give him an incomplete. I'm not sure yet. Let's see how changing the rules. I think he's got. I think he got to save back already, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he did. Yeah, yeah, it's but again, he has spent time on the IL.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a tremendous amount of time.
Speaker 2: No, no, it wasn't. No, it was just two weeks, I believe, just a bit.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give him a pass.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'll agree with that. When Yeah, now we're getting into some real gems. At number twelve, Carlos Estevez.
Speaker 1: Uh fail Lucas, Yeah, Lucas or sag A plus Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Estevez was pulled from his reheb I know more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not getting the job back. I cannot. You can't pull the jobs been great.
Speaker 2: The only reason they would give the job back as of is is so they could trade him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't think that matters anymore. I think arms and arms and arm You know, if you if you can get guys out, you're going to get traded.
Speaker 2: Uh thirteen Jeff Hoffman.
Speaker 1: Oh well I have to say fail because that's that's what you would say, So I'll say fats Jeff Hoffman.
Speaker 2: Well he's not the closer anymore. So yeah. Then he said they were going to fix that problem last fall after the World Series and it took them five weeks to do it. So at four thirteen, we've got Daniel Valencia.
Speaker 1: He's back, right, so I'm gonna I'm gonna say he's been He was good before he went out out for what two or three weeks. I'll give him, you know, a solid C minus a barely passing okay.
Speaker 2: At fifteen, we have our friend in Miami, Pete Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's a fail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's back on the IL.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sixteen we have Amelia Pegan.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he's hurt now, so I guess you want me to say fail. I don't know how he was before. I think he was okay before he was Yeah, yeah, so I mean I mean up until now. I mean it's been a pass because he just went on the IL. But I mean that's a tough one. I'm not sure how to answer that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And a month from now is the guys that haven't rostered will say fail because he's out for two months.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah for two let's go with a fail.
Speaker 2: Seventeen Kenley Jensen, the Aging Ageless Wonder.
Speaker 1: He's been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, I agree. Eighteen Trevor McGill.
Speaker 1: He's been okay, right, he still has the job, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't been on the I l he's been hurt. No, I think it's a committee committee. But he's number two or three in the committee.
Speaker 1: Sor right, Well he's a fail then, I'm sorry. I didn't know that one.
Speaker 2: Dennis and Tanna.
Speaker 1: Oh pass.
Speaker 2: Even though he's sharing the job with Soro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say pass. Okay, I mean you're you're talking what number nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you expect towing the drup.
Speaker 1: Uh see he's only got two saves. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna yeah, Yeah, that's that's something. That's Yeah, with a five point four strikeout for nine almost as many walks and strikeouts. Oh yeah, it's a fail.
Speaker 2: Okay. And at twenty we have the other half of the Milwaukee closer and under him with Abner your rebay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't know. I mean, yeah, I don't know how to respond. I mean that's I don't know how if a guy's in a committee, has he helped or not? I mean I guess he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he has. But yeah, again, when you've got McGill and your eBay. There was a split decision basically at the time of the draft. But now going over this list, we've got about about five or six passes and all the rest are question marks or fails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's any strong passes. Yeah, So Rebay has three saves, Trevor McGill has four. Yeah, that's that's not helping anybody.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's sort of a split decision. So yeah, closers it has been. It has been a mess. I'm willing to bet right now. As of today, sixty percent plus of the FAB spent in most re draft leagues has been dedicated to the bopen position.
Speaker 1: It's it's I mean, I don't play in a lot of re draft leagues, but in my dynasty leagues it's been I have spent eighty percent of my FAB on closers, no question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Because in a dynasty league, you've got your core, your core bats, your core pitching. The only thing that you find on the waiver wire are the setup guys and you know, the seventh and eighth inning guys. That's got to be your focus in a dynasty league because you're not going to find all your top prospers are gone. All your top bats and pitchers for the most part are gone. So what do you have to play around with the bullpen? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean so, I mean you've got young prospects too. I mean the thing about dynasty league, particularly deeper dynasty league, if you get a guys are popping up all the time. I mean, those are the guys that you want to spend money on. I mean, because everybody else wants them as well. So the yeah, so I try to on my daily notes, like everybody, the guys that are popping up, then the guys that are breaking out. So these are the guys that I'm spending a lot of money on. So sometimes you spend more money on them than you do a replacement second basement.
Speaker 2: So right, exactly. Yeah, you're using the free agent rule to cover off injuries, that's right, not for the most part doing much of a job, because you're taking basically role players and trying to get full time at bats out of them, and that doesn't work real well, does it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't cost you much in a dynasty league for a second catcher, doesn't cost you much in a redraft league for a second catcher. Those are those are guys that are a couple of bucks and you put a couple of you lose a catcher, and you put in you know, three two dollars bids and you get one of them. That's that's it. But if you if you want the young prospect that's coming up, usually you have to you have to pay for them. And then it's all about closers. And if you're competing, which I am in a bunch of the dynasty leagues, I mean, I'm spending one hundred and one hundred plus on each closer and I'm starting to run out of fab in some league.
Speaker 2: So I really that instead after going through the top twenty, it's very easy to see how that can occur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'll give you an example. I so we talked, you did the closer report last week and you were all on Sam Bachmann. Well that afternoon, Ryan Zephyrhan got the got the save, and I'm like, I better get both of them, so you know who's going to win. And I got both of them, and Zephyrn looks like he might be in the lead forgetting the saves and uh and in the Los Angeles So I mean.
Speaker 2: It's very well play at this point. Yeah, well that's that's a hand you've been del ignoring. It's not going to solve your problem, is it.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I mean just who knows so anyway, So closers are a mess. I think that's easier at least for us to try to guide people because you're at least trying to figure out who to pick up. But with starting pitches, that's just there's just nobody out there. There's just nobody there.
Speaker 2: No, at least when you look at closers. Okay, we'll look at some of the non injury type failures. Okay. Uh carlos As, I've never been bullish on him. Uh again, Drafting the setup guy made sense. Jeff Hofflin in Toronto, Okay, Jay said they were going to look at upgrading their both and they weren't happy with Hawf And we saw hoff and enjoy a roller coach right of ups and downs last year. It made sense to grab Louis Barland early because he was pitching well, he finished the season. Well, uh, you know, hey, they brought in Rogers. Rogers wasn't closing. Rodgers is a setup guy. We know with that sidewinder you know that I just didn't think it was gonna work, So it made sense to pick up a guy like Louis Barley, you know, and when you look at when you look at the situation in Milwaukee, I think your Rebay is a better picture. Trevor McGill has always spent time on the IL okay, so picking up at your EVA makes sense. A lot of the a lot of speculating on closers, I think is looking at your high risk guy. And we haven't covered twenty to thirty yet there's another thirty of the league we haven't looked at. But looking in advance at closer situations that are shaky, trying to target the setup guy or the arm that I think has the best potential. Okay, you know, hey like Bachman. The reason I like Bachman overs ever drunon Backman's got a fastball of touches one hundred miles an hour. Theren's always no where it's going. But that maybe qualifies him to be a closer. So you know, those are some of the things that I look at. But again I think the obvious in a Jeff Hoff and just makes sense. So I picked up additional shoes. I I up until last week, I had I had four or five shares that Tony sandy On in most of them. I had him at four or five shares in my legs. I cut him last week because Emilia Pegan looked very safe. Didn't work up, didn't work out too well. But I had some tough decisions to make, and Santy's the guy I think if you're looking going back to peg On, I think he's the guy to look at it this week.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break and get back. Let's do the st start or drop game.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, love it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put some famous guys in here. Gunner Henderson, Softest Lasser. You're starting them, I mean, so that's just it's just what you're you're probably I think you're starting with the junior or do you just so pissed off your you're sitting him. I don't know. I think you're starting him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've got him in I've got him in one league, and yeah I'm starting him because do I want to have Tyler O'Neal in there when Datis goes off and his four home runs in a week.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, we have to do I need to do it. Base Wilson on breakdown like I was doing on Gunnor Henderson with the teas junior, see if I can figure out what's going on there. But I've got seven guys. These are more year second third tier dudes, and actually I want I got to go, hold on, I need to do because I was going to do guess the player. I have to guests the players. I'll do the first one as I'm looking it up. So this one, this one's impossible to know, So this is an educated guess. Okay, So Tim, as you know, I write about prospects, and I've written up one hundred and six capsules of all of the players so far that I've I've talked about. So if members can get away, that's that's the number I'm up to. And I've written about at least one player in each organization, and it's usually I write about the players, particularly the early part of the season for the most part, who are off to strong starts. What was the last team that finally got on the board with a player that I wrote about?
Speaker 2: H Well, I'm going to say if it was pitching, it has to be Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: No, it's just any prospect within so any of the top twenty guys that I write about. What was the last team? Did I that that got there? So so you're looking for the weaker organizations for prospects. Is your guest Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: No, because you'll you'll have Adon Miller in there, even though he hasn't.
Speaker 1: He hasn't played yet. He hasn't played yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me see who.
Speaker 1: It's not the Dodgers. I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 2: Well, gee, thanks Rich, that was my second choice. They get off This h.
Speaker 1: Padres very close. Ethan Sallas is off to a good start, so he got talked about a couple of weeks ago. Is actually the Houston Asteros Okay, yeah, which is you know another another week organization?
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. The reason I said Philadelphia is because after painters uh badding last night, I just took a look through Triple and Double A to see what Philadelphia had for bitching. They don't have anything, not anywhere close anyways.
Speaker 1: That is that is true. Sad, It was sad. Oh it's funny. I mean some teams are loaded with pitching depth and his others are just they're not so anyway, says play sit or dropping. This is after our good friend Tim Weber, who basically asked me a Patreon question. That was a damn good question because I have Stephen Kwan in two leagues and he's been a zero this season. We've been talking about some other guys. We expect him to have a high batting Sitting two eleven when I wrote this before last night's game, he has one home run in two stolen bases. He is rostered. In ninety four percent of fan X leagues, Stephen Kwan play sit or drop.
Speaker 2: He's still occupying the leadoff spot. I can't believe that we're going to see much more of this underperforming. So I've got play When When When When the Guardians lose faith in him and move him out of the leadoff spot and start sitting him, Well, then act accordingly. But for now, I think you got to play him.
Speaker 1: Travis Passano by the end of May will be leading off. What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can see it.
Speaker 1: Yeahs upside, but he can really hit and.
Speaker 2: Hit yeah. No, I I I think Bazanna even be in the either leadoff or the two spot.
Speaker 1: It looks like they got chased the louder in the two spots. That's the spot. Think he's got power it can really get on Basi's a good player. It's a very good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is only one issue with injury them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Matt Chapman also roster ninety four percent of the time. He's off to a brutal start. Two thirty four batting average, one home run, no stolen bases. Play sit or drop?
Speaker 2: Uh sit, pick up one of those former NBB stars. It's tearing it up.
Speaker 1: So a s for Matt cham Well. I mean, Okamoda, you've been You're starting to warm up with Okamoda. He's really on a tear. So and Murakami's I think Judge has taken over the league there, but murra Kami is number two. I think in home runs. I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right now, the your leader in home runs and RBI is at third base is Okamoral. He's up to ten home runs. Now, what do you mean leading who all of Major league baseball? At third base?
Speaker 1: Oh? At third base? Okay, so up a third base? So how many does Markami have?
Speaker 2: Fourteen? Okay, but the Alcomotives closing ground quick.
Speaker 1: He is, indeed, he is indeed, Okay, here comes my here comes my, my, my, guess the player, Justin Crawford outfit with the Philip Phillies roster sixty nine percent of the time, one of Thames guys coming into the season. It was a good call too. To sixty four batting average, no harm runs, three stolen bases. He's not really contributing much to him, sit, start or play.
Speaker 2: Play. I have some teams that are batting two twenty. Justin Crawpert's two sixty four is Studley. He's gonna steal b says he's gonna run. I haven't given up on Crawford yet. I don't least have either.
Speaker 1: So here's here's the guests, the player and the problem with Justin Crawford. Justin Crawford lefty on lefty hitting oh fifty six. He's got some platoons, splits them so right. But he's not the worst in baseball hitting oh forty five. And he got his first single. He was hitting he was hitting goose egg. Yes when I looked at this yesterday. He is now one for twenty two. What who is that player who is the worst lefty on lefty? You know who this is, Timmy, because you've called him out very early in his career. Oh Neil Cruz Texas Ranger outfielder, Ohvan Evan Carter, Yeah, Evan Carter. Here's the Here's here's the top ten tim and lefty on lefties and guys who are potentially destined to be a platoon guy Evan Carter, OH forty five, Justin Crawford, OH fifty six, Sal Freelik hitting OH sixty seven, Lawrence Lawrence Butler won twenty five. Austin Wells won twenty five, Vinnie p won thirty two. Is probably not hitting much better against right.
Speaker 2: No still won sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Lefties Tyler Soders from one thirty three, Jack Bowers at one forty three, Jake Cronenworth and then Mickey Moniac and then you.
Speaker 1: Got Nolan Gorman's of the World. And if I do it by slug, which I think is another good thing to look at. So slug is Andre Zimenez jumps up in there, Cedric Mullins jumps up in there, Troy Johnston teach rumsfield, all these guys that eventually hopefully the Georgia product. Oh, the the first basement coming out of of help Me, Timmy out of Colorado in the minor league's triple A. Ah that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, the big slugger, Yeah, big slugger. So yeah, the guy that I predicted would be up fairly fairly soon. Oh what's his name? What's his name?
Speaker 1: Totally totally blanking on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got Charlie Conyon.
Speaker 1: Charlie Connon. There we go. So that's Justin Crawford. Temp stole thrown him out there. Here's a disappointment. Tennis is a guy that Tim's always drafted in the pass Ezekiel to six roster to what eighty six batting average, one home run, two stolen.
Speaker 2: Bases said, buying another middle infielder that at least will give you a stolen bases.
Speaker 1: We got to find out what's happened to Tovar. I mean, yeah, that's shocking. Yeah, Alec Bohm, I mean if it Aid Miller, if Aid and Miller were playing, this would be this would be easy. He'd be he'd be off the team. But one fifty nine batting average, one home run, no stolen bases, Alec Bam has been brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donnie Baseball loves him, though. He says he's gonna turn it around. I'm gonna set him, but hey, maddingly's gonna play him. I'm still gonna sit him until something happens.
Speaker 1: Number six, Colton Kowser, This is a this is either dropper said, I mean, I don't know what happened to this guy? To mean, one seventy nine batting average still rostered in fifty percent of the league's I mean, what has happened to Colton Kowser?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but the same thing has happened to a lot of players in Baltimore. Yeah, he's a drop for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's drop everybody nasty leagues, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. But what do you do, no home runs, no stolen bases, one seventy nine batting average, Yeah yeah, it's Yeah, at least Crawford's got your three stolen bases in a batting average. Yeah, I mean that's two out of three, two out of three. Eight badkuser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's been heard, but still, I mean, it's just, uh, there's just nothing there. He's still got eighty three plate appearances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a dynasty league, Yeah, I would say sid okay, because you're not going to find anybody to replace them. In all probability but as soon as you do find somebody, yeah, replace him.
Speaker 1: He's sitting on labor wars, tim Nobody wants them. And I'm taking a look at a strikeout rate twenty twenty four thirty twenty twenty five thirty five percent. This year thirty two percent. I mean, and then you know he's always been able to hit the ball hard. He's not hitting the ball hard, and I mean eventually the strikeouts catch up with you, and it caught up with them last season at one ninety six batting average. It's terrible against same side arms. So I mean, it's it's a tough profile for Colton Cawser.
Speaker 2: It most certainly is fifth overall pick.
Speaker 1: Final guy is Cedric Mullins. Definitely a platoon player, but it's been brutal. One thirty ninth batting average, two home runs. I think he hit a seventh, had a seventh stolen basis, So the production is there. I guess he's making the most of his few hits that he has, but I mean.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, and it's the raise, so you know, the platoon situation is not going to change. Uh, The strolling bases come in handy, but the one thirty nine batting average offsets that. I think the Rais will eventually drop him. So I'm going to drop him. I'm going to drop him now and try and find out who the ras are going to call up that one thirty nine batting average. You just you can't. It doesn't matter what he gives you. It's offset by the fact that it's costing you dearly in that batting average category.
Speaker 1: Still time ninety runs score. Excuse me, he's still got nine runs scored. I'm surprised at that. I mean again, he is making the most of the hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing is nine times six is fifty four fifty four fifty four runs scored with that batting average again, how much does it help you?
Speaker 1: He has he has sixteen heads, six walks, and he scored nine times. That's impressive. It's almost a fifty scoring rate for the amount of times it's getting on base.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, he gets on base, he steals one, somebody slaps the same, he scores a run, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean typically it's a it's a third, so that you know, you get on base and you usually score about a third at the time, and he's scoring half the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably has to do with the stolen bases providing him and edge getting him getting him one base, maybe two bases occasionally quotes or the home blake on his way around.
Speaker 1: Take another break, Timmy come back, and I've got a couple more questions than we're going to get you out of here.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Just jumping around here. Carlos Care out for the season. I know he's not great, but he's still useful and deeper leagues, he's a middle infielder. Bryce Matthews has not posted the great batting average, has got speed and power. I think he gets full time at bats. Is that a guy that you're interested in? Is you make your wayward roster thirty six percent of the time at fan tracks leagues?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll make my waiver wire. But am I going to spend a bundle on him?
Speaker 1: Probably not anybody else in interesting in Houston.
Speaker 2: Uh No, No, there's not a whole lot of interest happening happening in Houston. I did just as an ad and this is for this is for Joel On the Discord site, Cole Reagan's is dealing with an arm issue again, and apparently I learned something new. He's suffering from VEEO, which is valugous extension overload syndrome and as a result of the supra psychologic stresses placed to caught across a posterior elbow during pitching following failure of non operative measure. Surgical options consists of arthroscopical or limited incision posteromedial decomp Russian. That's for you, Joe, Uh. Cole Reagan's it doesn't, It doesn't. It doesn't sound good.
Speaker 1: I mean, what what's going on? Or you preppy for your impact exam here?
Speaker 2: Well if basically he dared me to pronounce it correct correct, So I've tried to make him. I've tried to make a He said he wanted to hear me say super physiologic Okay, super physic physiologic stresses. Okay, if you can say that three times quick, apparently you win a prize. That's for you, Joe, Okay, I can do it. I can do it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Tim fell for that one, fell for the Bay of.
Speaker 2: Hook lighted singer singer, but literally, but Cole Reagan's I don't, I don't. I think that's good news for cool Reagans.
Speaker 1: Okay, So nothing, this has nothing to do with Carlos Korea.
Speaker 2: Uh, no, he won't be pitching.
Speaker 1: We're about we're talking about Carlos Korea. Tim starts going off of Cole Reagan's and that nobody understood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but come on, I I got to give my friends with the discord. Let's say this rich Wow.
Speaker 1: Very specific.
Speaker 2: That's what you get when you enjoyed the discord.
Speaker 1: So okay, people get you out of marketing. Man, we need a new market cheap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's your A one, that's your got A one, your A one a A I guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, let's get back to some positive stuff. Robbie Snelling. Yea very good.
Speaker 2: So, yes he is.
Speaker 1: He is facing the Nationals tonight. I think you started. I'm starting them right. I have them a three I think three leagues. But give me a realist a stat line for his first start.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wish I was starting him in more, but unfortunately, I've got a lot of leagues that are weekly moves, and they may be announcer on Tuesday because they don't care about us fantasy folk. Uh, realistic stat line. Five innings pitched, four hits, two walks, two runs, and seven k's. And I think if he is anywhere close to being average. I think he's up for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my second question. Do you think he's up for good? I think I'll get more than a sponsor. I mean Paddick is just he's gone. Yeah. They dropped him.
Speaker 2: They devate, yeah, devate him. Yeah. Yeah. And you know what, Urry Perez might be the guy getting sent down the way he's been pitching lately. Yeah, it hasn't been good. I'm very disappointed with what I'm seeing there. It's I was expecting good things from Uri Perez and they have yet to arrive.
Speaker 1: It's funny Temp Temp mentioned Paddock gone and I sent tim right after a show on Sunday where we're watching the We're watching the complete blow up of Andrew Kiddridge and in real time. I mean, it just just completely and I am pitched poorly again last night, I believe I think he lost the game. And when we got off the got off the the done recording, I went to my email and somebody during that melee on one of my Dynasty League team had dropped them. Something's fantastic, Like he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even him to get pulled from the game. He's just out of here.
Speaker 1: But it's so cathartic to do that, So I forgot the person who did it, But well done. I mean that there can be definitely that can make you feel good, just to get rid of somebody who's just completely annihilating your your ratios or doing whatever he's doing. Through Tim, you're breaking up all of a sudden, so.
Speaker 2: Thanks for it.
Speaker 1: Forget well, Tim is breaking up. So let me see if I can Tim. I'm going to drop you. Why don't you just uh, I'll leave. I'm gonna kick you off the uh off the teams here, so just call back in. Let's see we bring Tim back in, see if we can get this going. If not, that'll be a rap. Try to lean on a calling, see what's happening, waiting for others to join, see if we have that, so that that could be a rap. But the other question I had obviously what hitters Tim targeting? What pictures Tim targeting? But we might not be able to get to that because Tim has lost his Internet connection. So let's see if we get him back in.
Speaker 2: Tell me you back, yeah, yeah, I am yeah. I don't know what's going on with teams. They must hate me. This morning they had to reset absolutely everything, So it must have been all them big big words I use when I'm driving old Reagans and just shut it.
Speaker 1: Down, just the AI engine behind it going. We've had enough of this guy showing off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not my cloud, but we know back from that.
Speaker 1: Two final questions were before we get out of here, Sun Moon song, one of the guys that you mentioned with the padres, Jake Cronworth, goes out I think with a concussion, so it might not be long. He gets the call, Is he worth the pickup? Is he gonna be in your waiver wire?
Speaker 2: Ah? If you're looking for a short term in your replacement type in deeper leagues, yeah, you give him a look, but I think once grown a word's returns from that from his concussion. Senator my l I think songs probably back in the minors. So yeah, hey, you want to throw a buck down, you got room. Yeah, take a chance. But I'm not counting on anything in a big way.
Speaker 1: So this is not on our list because it made it late last night, and I'll have timp's thoughts and comments, but I I have a lot of knowledge about Spencer Jones. Uh he he gets the call. Spencer Jones has got a ton of power. He's fast, he's going to steal bases. He's also going to strike out an awful lot. Jason Jason Demigaz goes down with a pretty nasty run into the wall. I think as an a a cl spring Carlos State.
Speaker 2: And a concussion.
Speaker 1: It definitely looked like a concussion. I thought that was pretty much why he was laying on the field and got carted off because the concussion did not let me be at the wall really hard. I was watching the game. But so Spencer Jones gets the call. Good on him. He seems like the next logical guy to come up. I mean, oh, look, from a fantasy standpoint, there's definitely intrigue. He could be a ree Hins tim where he comes up and it's eight home runs in two weeks. I mean, it's that kind of massive power. Ultimately, I think the strikeouts will catch up to him. Hopefully I'll be able to work with him. He's still very young. He's extremely talented, but the swing is really long. It's he's six foot seven, so it's it's a tough profile for me just looking at it. It's the scouting community, not fantasy scouting, but The baseball scouting community is really really split on this guy. Most people believe that he's never going to hit enough. There are people that say, look out, Hardy hits the ball, He'll hit two forty, but he's still going to hit thirty home runs with some stolen bases and speed and played he's an outfield. What are you waiting? I mean, I'm assuming if you've got him in a dynasty that you're going to put him out there. What's your caculus on the whole Spencer Jones thing.
Speaker 2: I pretty well agree with what you're saying. I think long term, I think there's some issues that are going to be problems, and I don't see those problems going away. But at the same point in time, we're a Cami striking out a novel, log, isn't he? And he's got fourteen home runs. He's got fourteen home runs. When I look at the fantasy friendly skills, or at least the power and the speed, yeah, I that intrigues me. It intrigues me enough to invest because I think he's going to get probably two to four weeks between the Stanton injury and the subsequent Domingus injury, he could go off and in the next week he could hit five home runs four bases. We're gonna be shocked if that happens. Not at all, So I'll take the short term gamble fully realizing that long term there are some serious challenges. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: I think Maura comis a pretty nice little comp there. Ericam's only hitting two thirty seven, so he's got a two seventy babbit so it's pretty real that two thirty seven, thirty four percent strikeout rate. He does walk a lot, and Spencer Jones walks a lot, but that's the kind of player we're talking. It's he's never going to hit a lot. So the hope is that he's a three ten three twenty one base percentage and can be speed and power, and from a fantasy standpoint, you just have to work around the two thirty batting average that he's going to post. That's I think the best case scenario that's out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's one that I'm willing to explore because of those short term especially redrafts, because of the fantasy friendly tools.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'll worry about July once he gets there sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally agree with you. So that that's my thought. I mean, I've been pretty clear. I'm pretty confident in what I think Spencer Jones is going to be able to provide. And again, there's a lot of guys out there who've got speed and power and can't hit. The question is is the strikeout rate is going to be so bad that he'll be unrosterable and unplayable by a major League baseball team, or is it going to be loud enough tools that people are just going to live with the low batting average A lah, Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just going to say, ask Kyle Schwarber owners if they're happy.
Speaker 1: But Kyle Schwarber is a bit of a unicorn as well, right, So I mean it's he's got such massive power that and he walks, he walks a lot. Now, I mean, can that's what these three true three three outcome guys, that's what you worry about, and it's it's this is not Connor Griffin coming up. I know, well, it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely definitely not. But Jones also brings an added dimension that Schwarber and Murricami don't possess, and that's he's good enough speed to give you some stolen bases that that's alluring, you know, it's yeah, I agree with your long term, but short term, I'm gonna take my chances. That's it. And by the way, that's my that's one of the bad time targeting this week.
Speaker 1: The other thing is the difference between Murakamie and Jones. Is Murakami that's one of the best players on his Chicago White Sox team. It's Jones, no matter how good he plays, will not be So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have that judge guy there. It's sort of yeah, it sort of rules the rust and will continue to do so for a long time hopefully. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Timmy, give me the hitter that you're targeting and the picture that you're targeting for this weekend.
Speaker 2: No Spencer Jones for all the reasons. Yeah, for all the reasons I just mentioned. Uh pictures the guy that I cut last week to make to make room for for other other pitching. Uh Tony Santalon and Cincinnati. Uh. Right now, I believe he's got one save nine holes and he's sporting an ERA of two sixty something like that. Ashcroft would be the next in line after Santi but I think I think he's got the closer the closure gig or at least one foot on the mound for the next two months. So yeah, so two months, could you eight to ten saves? Eight to ten saves, Yeah, that could be. That could be two three points come end of the year. So uh yeah, I think he's the guy to be spending some money on this weekend.
Speaker 1: Great stuff, Tim. I'm going to leave you with yet another guess the player.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one's going to tick you off.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna we.
Speaker 2: Might Wyatt like Wyatt Langford, anything that's that Wyatt Legford.
Speaker 1: Going back to lefty and lefties. We talked about all the guys that could not hit lefties. Okay, lefty on lefty. There's a guy, Tim, who was who let me ask a questions, who was leading the league in lefty on lefty from a slug standpoint with an eight sixty seven slug Yes, five home runs, by.
Speaker 2: The way, five home runs. I having a clue, Rich, you ready, give me a team, Give me a team. I may be able.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to tell you the player. Because your blood blood pressure is going up, Ben.
Speaker 2: Rice, Ye, you're right, you know what, And it's perfect timing. I was filling my pil trays last night, and I still have my pale elipator Rick damn well beside me.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is Aaron Boone who says he's worried about about Ben Rice and he lefties and he's got an eight sixty seven slug against lefty on lefty.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but he could have eight sixty nine. Okay, Oh you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there's gotta be a low eight team that can run somewhere.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty remarked. I because I was like looking at splits and then I saw Ben I went to Ben Rice, I did this split page. I go, oh my gosh, she's got iPhone runs what And then then it led me into the trail like let me take a look at the league leaders. I laughed out, laughing.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, oh, thank you, Levatur. He saved the day again, Timmy.
Speaker 1: That has wrapped my friend. Good stuff, everybody. We've back on Sunday time. I have his waiver wark going, and we'll see a Robbie Snelling start, We'll see a Carlo's Radon starts, so there'll be some fun things to talk about, and maybe we'll get another update on how trek scouble is going, So people that had Scooble draft him in the first round, maybe all is not Walt. If you can come back here in the next month or six weeks, all will not be lost.
Speaker 2: No, all will be lost, and yeah I all I can do, Rich is wish you a super pychological stress free a couple of days, and we will catch you on Sunday.