Speaker 1: Oh Venture, Adventure, intrigue, mystery, romance, stirring Humphrey Boguards and Lauren bacall together in the sultry setting of practical Havanna and the mysterious Islands of the Caribbean. Oh Venture. Once again, the magic names of Humphrey Bogard and Lauren MacCall bring you full venture and a tale of mystery.
Speaker 2: A good breed.
Speaker 1: Your name's Slat Shannon. That's right, and there's a mister val I'm very happy.
Speaker 3: Then I'm happy too.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name is Cameron.
Speaker 1: I have a plantation outside of Santo Sugar Sugar.
Speaker 4: For the time being. Just called me, sailor.
Speaker 1: What can we do for you?
Speaker 5: Missus Cameron.
Speaker 1: I've never come to a man and thanked before in my life. I don't even come to the wrong man. You don't have to beg anything for me. It's about a girl, a young girl, wild, impetuous and spoiled.
Speaker 3: No thanks, mister Shannon already has.
Speaker 1: One, sailor. Why don't you go and put a new point in a desk pen?
Speaker 4: Where am I going to get a new point?
Speaker 1: Post office is closed. It's about my daughter. It's about Kathy, Kathy and the Blue Moon. Oh yes, there's a gambling ship in the bay called the Blue Moon. Look, if you're a man in trouble, I'll listen to you. If all you want to do is have someone to spank your daughter for gambling, get your tell somebody else, because nobody else can do what I want you to do.
Speaker 4: You haven't told Slate yet what it is.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wants you win if I make my own decisions. Sailor, go ahead, Miss Cameron. Kathy's involved with a man named Norton. Oh yes, I've heard of him. He owns the Full Moon.
Speaker 5: How did your.
Speaker 1: Daughter get mixed up with a guy like that? I don't know. All I know is that since she's met him, she's well, she's chained. He's a stranger to me. She's on that boat all the time.
Speaker 3: I have an easy solution. Why don't you just tell mister Norton to buy your daughter from the boat.
Speaker 1: I've tried that. He laughed in my face. He told me all of them, And Sailor, there's a guy over there. There's a garcind to take care of him. Although I had Selah, I'll remember every word, Miss Cameron says, and tell you later. All right, Cameron, Well, Norton knows something about Kathy. I don't I know my daughter. It's more than just a lust for gambling. Please will you help me? Shannon? Go there, talk to Kathy, convince her that she she need never go back to that ship again. Please please, I'll give you anything with your wallet back. Your daughter's in trouble with Norton. No, I'll try to straighten her out. You don't understand, Shannon, I'm a rich man. When I bring Kathie back, you'll give me a box of rump sugar. You're not too loud, Paul. You just say about Boss. Tell Greg I want to see him.
Speaker 6: Our boss sleeps. His brain goes all the time.
Speaker 1: He needs rest. Wake him up, Mickey, I've got something for him.
Speaker 6: I don't wake up Boss till he asked me.
Speaker 1: Wake me up, Mickey, who wants me?
Speaker 6: It's your croupie, ain't Paul the wheal junkie says he's gone something he can cap up to himself. Till you get your share of sleep.
Speaker 1: Boss live in.
Speaker 6: Our boss says for me to let you in.
Speaker 2: I'll let.
Speaker 1: You have something for me.
Speaker 2: Paul.
Speaker 1: We'll give it to me, but make it tender because I just woke up. It was in Shannon's place a little while ago.
Speaker 7: And you have fun.
Speaker 1: We'll rub my neck. Nickey, there's a crick and yeah, thanks, boss. H Oh, that's good, that's very good. There was someone else there, Kathy, Cameron's father now the other side, Nickey. He's sick with worry about his daughter. Wants Shannon to take her away from you. Those three must have made a jolly group. I were so wrapped up in it. Shannon, his girl, Cameron. He said, all I wanted was to buy a pack of cigarettes. You're a good boy, Paul, the thing of many talents. Shannon's coming out here to the boat. I thought you'd need to know. Paul's a good boy, isn't he? Nicky, I'm better for you, Bosh.
Speaker 6: He can't do the things for Yan could do.
Speaker 1: He can't Runckey, Nobody can't. That's why I keep you around, doesn't it? See?
Speaker 6: See that's why keeps me around.
Speaker 1: That's why, sure, Mickey. So they want to take Kathy away from him, and Kathy will never leave me because.
Speaker 8: I fixed her that way.
Speaker 1: It doesn't thy, boss, m because you threw yourself in front of her car. Because she thought she'd kill you. That's why you've got to keep out of her sight. Because for as long as she thinks you don't exist, she belongs to me till I use her up. Her and her dad is money and so clean. She loses it to me at the roulette table. Clean and legitimate.
Speaker 6: Force is Shannon.
Speaker 1: Couldn't. No one's going to spoil it, Mickey, not a well paying courts like you.
Speaker 5: I give you my word.
Speaker 1: Look through the porthole, greg A't Shannon's boat coming alongside. Go hold his hand, Paul, then bring him to me. I want to tell him how he can't Part two sweethearts like Kathy and me. You do me and my gambling ship, great honor, mischievow. Mister Shannon, your boy brought us to you. We asked for Kathy Cameron. He didn't want to deny me the pleasure of meeting you too. He has standing orders to deliver to me first, the illustrious.
Speaker 4: Renowned you see, slave, I keep telling you that's what we are. You never believe me. Go on, mister Norton, you were.
Speaker 1: Saying that I would have shuddered if you came aboard and deprived me of yourself gee.
Speaker 4: Or smooth, mister Norton.
Speaker 3: The way you talk, the waxed mustache, that's the only.
Speaker 1: Word for you, smooth. So you saved yourself a shud in Norton, I said, all right, if we go find Kathy, she may not care for you disturbing her at the gambling table. Now, what did you want with miss Cameron? We're going to take her back to a vana with Miss Norton because her father is lonesome for her. He's a funny guy. He thinks his daughter ought to spend more time at home. Any objections, Uh, I only asked you because you're stuck your nose in. No objections. I only fear for you. Do you think you can stop me? I know I can. However, Miss Cameron is in the casino on EPHEK and please sign the guest book. I want something to remember you buy.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm a black pain. Well pay nice Cameron.
Speaker 1: What mind have we talked to you? Is your bets? Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets? Mind have we talked to you?
Speaker 4: Go away?
Speaker 1: I can't do that, Miss Cameron.
Speaker 8: Why don't you to try the poop Jacket's a good place to jump from.
Speaker 3: Jump from your preposition is dangling, Kathy. Your father must have picked the wrong finishing school for you.
Speaker 8: My father, Oh it made me miss my bet Taylor.
Speaker 4: I know you want me to kive. It's about hot game of old maid over there.
Speaker 1: Come on, Kathy, let's get some mayor you and I.
Speaker 2: You're hurting my arm.
Speaker 1: It's an advice I used to make myself clear. Come on, I made a.
Speaker 8: Suggestion to you before concerning the poop deck. Or if that doesn't suit you, why don't you try it from this rail.
Speaker 1: You're just a kid, Kathy. You've got to grow up a little more before that kind of talk becomes you. Oh you think I'm a kid nineteen twenty? Kids that old and woman over forty use lipstick the way you do.
Speaker 8: Another suggestion, A girl nineteen is better for you. Want to know how, I'll put my arms around you and show you.
Speaker 1: Hey, take it easy and hold.
Speaker 8: You okay, noughty?
Speaker 1: Did you love miss miss Cameron? I only had to do it once, right in the back of the neck.
Speaker 4: Get him out of here.
Speaker 1: I think I'll give him back to Mischievo. Don't you think I'm considerate?
Speaker 7: Mister Slithy stood on moonlit dick man from behind hid him and he neck. Ladies say, lord, she bring from ship Blue Moon her winnings to date, mister slath and not because they tried to do one very good deed. Bring doctor back to your father, who cried his need. He waved out them.
Speaker 1: A base full of wool.
Speaker 7: Mister Slaty said, don't cry, I go.
Speaker 4: You say slight.
Speaker 3: He didn't make such a hobby of helping people as never would have happened to you.
Speaker 1: It's just for a fellow needs at a time like this, Sailor a kind word.
Speaker 7: Now you are hurt, mister sleep because you love a good deed too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I live for the moment when I can bring a wandering girl back to her daddy.
Speaker 3: Let not and have her. I don't think I could go through this again.
Speaker 1: You go through it.
Speaker 4: Your neck is my neck. I read that once in a poem.
Speaker 1: I went back to the Blue Moon, Sailor man me real nice, because I got some things to do there. I want to look good. Huh uh.
Speaker 3: If you go back, they'll kill you. Those were Norton's parting words to me. He said, tell him not to come back next time. I'll give him to you in pieces. You're a complicated man, Slate. I could never put you back together again.
Speaker 1: Give me another whiff of your smelling sauce, Sailor. That ringing noise is back in my skull.
Speaker 5: You know a.
Speaker 4: Hambone, that's the telephone.
Speaker 3: Shannon's place, Sailor Duval. Oh uh huh, it's for you, Slate. The man who grows sugar.
Speaker 4: He's in a chizzy anyway. He makes sounds like a chizzy.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know, Slate, Shannon speaking forget, forget.
Speaker 2: I don't need you any longer.
Speaker 1: Where are you, mister Cameron?
Speaker 2: But you're not conquering.
Speaker 1: Give me a clean shirt, Sailor. I got to see a man who doesn't need me. What's this all about, Cameron? Did anyone follow you here? I didn't bother to look.
Speaker 5: Let's go inside.
Speaker 1: If they followed inside, Norton's got you scared too.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you're doing coming here. He threatened you or your daughter get out of here. You made a big noise when I first met you, Cameron. Now all I hear is chicken. Your daughter needs help? What happened to all you're worry about her?
Speaker 7: I'll kill you, I'll kill you.
Speaker 5: Kill it's going to calm down.
Speaker 2: That's better.
Speaker 1: I don't let us throw you. It's just a matter of age and condition. I won't kill her. That's not what you're afraid of. Yes, yes, they're taking all your money through her. Killing you would be a safer investment. That way, they get the money a lot faster. But I don't want to die and either. Why you started something with me and it's got to be finished. All back to Bold Venture our stars Humphrey Bogart and Lauren McCalls. The second act of our story, I give you two words like you're crazy. Yeah, I gets iconic when I'm beat over the head. Look at three o'clock in the morning, go get some I've gotten.
Speaker 4: Better prizes than you in the bottom of.
Speaker 1: A crackerjack box.
Speaker 5: Why don't you do what I tell you?
Speaker 3: Look, if you try to handle the boat, benure, Now you drive her into the rocks in your condition?
Speaker 1: You got a condition.
Speaker 4: The man said he'd kill you if you came out to the Blue Moon again.
Speaker 3: He said that, aren't you going to help me aboard our boat?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: Times?
Speaker 3: I wonder why the box I had a spaniel once for better matters than you talk to me.
Speaker 1: Slate, out of the way.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, you're going to give me trouble.
Speaker 4: Who are you talking to?
Speaker 1: Out of the way, Taylor, What do you want? Come here? Look at the motor wires all over the place. Someone someone's come aboard.
Speaker 2: Who's there?
Speaker 1: I can't see your face? Who is it? But you can't see my gun? Can't you? Who are you? How about you, mister ball? Can you see it?
Speaker 3: Move it a little to the last.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Nay, it's pretty in the moonlight.
Speaker 1: If you get that boat fixed, take it north. If you take it south, you might get two boats of the blue moon. Then everything will blow up in your face. I haven't pushed around long enough. I've got about it, and next time I'll put the bullet into your head, Shannon, instead of entered the woodwork of your boat. Want to try? No, see you can be sensible. Good night, mechanics. You do yourself nicely on my money, Paul, the apartment chomming with the core, excellent taste. And now that I've performed the amenities, you have something for me. It'll take jan In a long time to fix his boat. And you convinced them not to annoy us anymore. I'm sorry to tell a man like Shannon his you're ever so right, then it's up to you, my dear Kathy. If Shannon should discover you're a murderous a hit and run cover, they'd take you away from me, and that would make you desolate.
Speaker 8: Wasn't it you wanted me to do something? Just tell me, don't claw at me like a fat cat.
Speaker 1: Emotion's have their way with you, don't they, My dear, all right, call Shannon's place, ask for Misterie Varus. Tell her to come here because you need her so desperately. In ten minutes. You do need her, Kathy, so you won't waste your precious life away in prison.
Speaker 4: Shannon's Place, Salad Ralph speaking.
Speaker 3: This is Kathy, mister balls.
Speaker 8: Kathy caneron. Is mister Shannon here.
Speaker 3: No, he's sitting up with sick phot Listen.
Speaker 8: You must come here alone sixteen for Sail Gomez Apartment twelve in ten minutes. If it matters to you whether I live.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the other side of town. How do I get there this time of night?
Speaker 3: There are no cabs? What do I do? Wave a one over a pumpkin?
Speaker 8: Or you must please find a way.
Speaker 3: Maybe King Moses will lend me his jalope.
Speaker 4: What's wrong, Cathy?
Speaker 8: Ten minutes, mister Bell, the way you wanted it great.
Speaker 1: Your choice of words was exquisite, my dear, and it is a matter of whether you will live, dumb.
Speaker 3: Numa.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you waving?
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 8: I didn't see you.
Speaker 3: You've heard, aren't you.
Speaker 4: I'll go get help. I'm my glad to see somebody.
Speaker 1: This man laugh, I saw what happened. Get a doctor, will you? Your car was weaving from side to side. You ran this man down.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: He just ran out in front of a car.
Speaker 1: You tried to run away. If I hadn't stuck, you'd have just left a man lying there.
Speaker 4: You know something.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything to worry about as long as you listen to me.
Speaker 4: You know something now, your voice, that's your face.
Speaker 1: First, it was your face you spin the wheel.
Speaker 3: On the Blue Moon, and your voice happened a little while ago aboard our boat.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, it doesn't matter why you hit that many ouch.
Speaker 4: Hey, you, my lady, get a pinch you too hard? You're supposed to be dead.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got a clever one on our hands, Paul, she's done being clever throwing the car Mickey, the boss will tell you where to throw her after that.
Speaker 7: Welcome, mister slip. I got coffee perkins for you in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Thanks Kane.
Speaker 5: You didn't have to wait up for me.
Speaker 7: What I have and have not.
Speaker 1: To do, mister sleet is my own affairs. I go bring your coffee a coffee. Stay here, King, sing to me right now. I ain't sleep.
Speaker 7: I do not think sleep will come to you. Mister Sleep, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Sit there and watch it.
Speaker 7: It will not come because Miss Sailor is not here.
Speaker 1: If he watched the role Levana this time anight letter. I got other things on my mind. Two hours ago there came a phone called Miss Sailor's scribble address on pot borrow my atto.
Speaker 7: Here is address. I think you better go look for her.
Speaker 1: Mister Sleeth, you're afraid your looks gone with that heap. Take twenty bucks out of the register. King, that'll take care of it, because the call came from Miss Kathy Cameron.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 7: I told you sleep would not come, mister Sleep.
Speaker 1: You banging in the right door, mister yeah, banging on the right head. I we'll drag you inside. Come on up on your feet, get with a bust to start talking. What's the matter with you.
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: This is where we were ten seconds ago. Start talking, gonna get you anyway. Shnon you know my name. That's for taking the liberty. What did you do with Sailor?
Speaker 2: Blue Moon?
Speaker 1: She's there? How come she's there? You're gonna answer me? Bust it because you happen to be fresh off the blue moon. You're the guy who spins the rule let wheel? Uh try to frame her? Didn't work?
Speaker 5: How make like hitting the run?
Speaker 2: Blackmail?
Speaker 1: Oh, guy Mickey used to make a living at it. Run in front of the car. Make how he's hurt? People get scared, they are Sailor was too smart, didn't buy same gam But you pulled on Katy Cameron. Huh, get out of it seven. You know, for a guy who spends a Roulett wheel all day, how come you keep one in your apartment?
Speaker 2: Hobby?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, hobby And he'll enjoy this. I read waakroupier in Monte Carlo practiced and practiced. He got good. You put that ball in the black slaughter of the red slaughter almost every time he wanted. They're buying grief. He couldn't do it every time, but his average was great. Alright, alright, like Hew and Norton are doing to Kathy Cameron black Man around hitting none capers. She pays her off by playing the wheel, lose his money every night, noses rigged against her and can't do anything about it. Killing money legal.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Because I woke you from a deep sleep, I give it back to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, here we go.
Speaker 1: You're about fire. Let me hear numbers in your five bucks?
Speaker 7: Not the right number, right, Carlos with the.
Speaker 1: Kettles, ten ten bucks with your money? Want my handy? Yeah, eight bucks and change blue moons gipu. He's hanging a few miles out. First I count the cake. Look you you want the blue moons in your then let me count the change. Ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety nine. Oh, here's the other penny. Joe. You almost even nighty senior. You once I should wait for you, said your yeah, wife. I give you a hand up beside paying down from the side. Just hold the end of it. I'm going off hand over hand and I'll pick a cabin Shannon and see.
Speaker 5: How your luck is. Sailor sailor. Sailor, hry.
Speaker 1: It's the middle of the night your house, yeah, isn't it though, I'll get back to you, sailor. Did you say let me in?
Speaker 7: Like past the doors?
Speaker 1: Locks? Got a hairpin?
Speaker 5: It's a matter like wedd saying.
Speaker 1: How would you had to slip it under the door? Oh?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 7: Hm?
Speaker 4: Where did you learn how to pick a lock?
Speaker 1: Friend of mine taught me. See that reminds me I owe a letter. I stay like this, say lord, it's been too long since I felt your arm against my cheeks.
Speaker 4: Just think all this wild has only been a half in.
Speaker 1: Your hair up.
Speaker 2: I'll be back.
Speaker 5: You gotta way.
Speaker 1: You made him shut him. I'm going to fight you in that part of the roomans kill you, I say, you shouting, I've got to have to do you show you'll try to bet you had to die on a coal pile. You almost said, come on down to the coal pile with me. Start with this. I can still hear you and he anymore.
Speaker 4: Now, lady, you all right?
Speaker 1: Look, I spoiled a nice clean shirt. You wash for me. I'll wash your other one first. There's a couple of guys on this boat. I've got a collect him for the police. What about Kathy, She's got nothing more to worry about. Her father can get her.
Speaker 3: Well, it happened again, Slade. You did your good deed and you got your lumps for it.
Speaker 1: Don't you get tired of it until the next time. Let's get out of here, Sailor. Yeah, she's all fixed, Sailor. Of the last wires in place. The bull Venture is gonna run like a dream.
Speaker 4: Fine, where are we going?
Speaker 1: I didn't say we were going anyplace. I just said that the Bull Venture run like a dream. You want to hear it.
Speaker 4: If it makes you happy?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Why did you hear that? Motor per.
Speaker 4: What kind of a dream?
Speaker 1: And does that sound like I had it running a minute ago?
Speaker 4: Let me try?
Speaker 1: What do you do to it?
Speaker 4: Touched it gently?
Speaker 3: Do you want to see?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 4: See your eyes? It's cheap your list? You pray too, don't you.
Speaker 1: Pose?
Speaker 2: See a head?
Speaker 1: Tailor? Let a smooth seed. Tonight, and so our two stars, Humphrey ball Guards and Lauren Bacall have brought to a close our latest Bold Venture story. Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time, or another exciting adventure starring Humphrey ball Guard and Lauren bacall together in Old Venture