Speaker 1: Baby, you're my game statue. It takes a little tangle.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 1: Mess with me. Mess with me baby a gangstat.
Speaker 3: Ouch, Baby, you're a Gangstato.
Speaker 4: For the warners, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality Listening discretion is a vibe the fellas.
Speaker 5: This ain't my first time at the Rodeosh.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the Occult Rejects this episode.
Speaker 2: You already know.
Speaker 7: We got Miguel Connor with us tonight with a cult Elvis. But before we introduce him, I'm going to introduce the rest of the crew and the rejects with us tonight. I got myself obviously, and I got Heidi love with me. Heidi, let everybody know what you deal is and where they can find your amazing work.
Speaker 8: Awesome. I'm Heidi, love of the Unfiltered Rice.
Speaker 9: You can find me everywhere podcasts are served and love to see either. I also have my own website, unfilteredripodcast dot com.
Speaker 7: Awesome links will be in the bottom and jin then Ninja, what is up my man? Thank you very much for joining us. Please let everybody know where your deal is.
Speaker 10: Well, I'll say, first of all, thanks boss for having me on.
Speaker 11: Of course, I love doing these panel shows. Thank you, Heidi, Julia, Ethan, Robbie of course.
Speaker 10: And Miguel Obviously, like a lot of young I'm not that young, but maybe like a little younger than Eunich, so I'll say I'm a little I'm young, and like a lot of young magicians will say, I've listened to Miguel's show for a long time, so I'm quite excited, and uh yeah, I think it'll be really great. So if people want to follow me, they can follow me on Twitter x Wucar Reborn, wuk O and g Reborn or the show.
Speaker 11: At Threshold Saints at Spotify and Applele.
Speaker 7: Well listen, you know that that is something I do want to mention too. I don't know if I mentioned it last time when I had you on, Miguel, but just like just like Room Soup, I used to listen to Miguil back in the day too when I when I was just practicing. So it's actually kind of was like kind of unreal to be like, Wow, this guy's on my show and I used to listen to his stuff when I was studying the cult. Like it's it's pretty mind blowing, So yeah, I get it. Cosmic Peach, Julia, please let us know what is going on.
Speaker 12: Well, if you haven't found me yet, you never will. But I'm happy to be in a cult reject so you can find me here every now and again. Yes, I have Cosmic Peach podcast and yeah that's pretty much it. Oh, I was going to say, I do have an Instagram cosmic dot Peach dot podcast. If people want to work with me, the best way to do it is to go to Instagram and email me from my link tree because I never checked that inbox, so that's the way to do it.
Speaker 13: But thanks for having me, Nick, this is going to be a good one.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, of course, know what. Thank you for joining us. Ethan Indigo, my man, what is up? Let everybody know what your deal is?
Speaker 3: Peace on earth. Honored to be here with everyone, Always excited to learn communicate with you, guys. I'm a big fan of everyone, honestly, and I'm excited to hear Miguel's presentation. Recently put out an article on a cult research institute where your cult rejects have a bunch of writing of course, and uh yeah, I'm a ne'er do well writer, so it's and I think a link to my writing is below.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks so much, Nick.
Speaker 7: And everyone of course, and Robbie Marx the o G himself let everybody know what's up with you.
Speaker 14: So yeah, so now my state everybody here, and I just want to say, Miguel, you know I've been excited about this occult Elvis project since you started talking about doing it.
Speaker 15: But I am r Marx or Robbie Marx.
Speaker 14: You can check out my artwork, my podcast, all my miscellaneous things that I have at my link tree at link Tree R M A r X.
Speaker 15: That'll get you everything.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, awesome, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And last but not least, my favorite garbage can dude, JJ Vance, not the vice president.
Speaker 2: What is up, sir? How are you? And I think you are today?
Speaker 16: Your technical difficulties it creating, sir. I appreciate this, appreciate the invite, Miguel. Nice to a nice you just start looking forward to hearing about some of cold Elvis. Big fan of A big fan of the king myself, and nice to see all the fellow of cult.
Speaker 17: Rejects here this evening.
Speaker 16: JJ Vance not the vice president, host of Operations GCD, and resident garbage Can do true crime. I'm here at the Occult Rejects. That's for nothing except for being an expert.
Speaker 17: Nothing. That's what I'm an expert.
Speaker 2: In pretty much save here. I think I can say the same thing.
Speaker 7: All right, So finally we got through all that about five minutes later. Now we're going to get to the guest, Miguel A on Bite. I'm sure most people know who you are already. I mean, you're a staple in the occult community at this point, I mean you have been for a while. Just let everybody know who me and I know who you are, what your deal is, and what you're all about.
Speaker 1: Sir oh Man, thanks for having me on. But God, all this talk, I feel like I feel like you're wheeling in some old dinosaur. I'm like the Fat Elvis podcast, you know.
Speaker 2: Show it's gonna be a Vegas suit.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, but uh yeah, just Miguel Connor, a host of a young Bite off the Cult Elvis. Yeah, love what you guys do. When I was writing the book, I'd often go into the uh, into your podcast, The Occult Rejects because it's nice. It's sometimes it's relaxing to see people shoot the ship organically, you know, it's only it's kind of rare actually, so it was fun. And sometimes I'd be like, we're working on the book, or I wonder if Nick's been banned from YouTube again. That was always happened so many times, like yeah, this is the fourth yeah exactly. It's like, will you make it? This time? Will be this? This will be the one? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know it gets bad. It only strikes I get anymore from William Ramsey on my show. It's so weird.
Speaker 7: It's like the funniest thing yet.
Speaker 2: Oh, Julia.
Speaker 12: Gonna say me for sure. And William who I just talked to today. We did something on the Catcher in the Rye and we're not even gonna try to put that one on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, nice, all right.
Speaker 7: So, Miguel cult Elvis, I mean, I'm assuming you're probably a huge fan of them and that's why you got into them, but like, what made you pick or maybe you weren't a fan of them? No really, okay, so what made you? What made you decide to even get into covering a cult Elvis?
Speaker 1: Then? Oh, well, Elvis had other plans. I suppose I never was an Elvis fan. I was always a Beatles person. Oh okay, yeah, I don't know if you young whipper snappers have ever watched the original theater release of Pulp Fiction. You can't find it, and you have to. It's the original or release. Tarantino took it out. Yeah, there's the Mia Wallace Uma Thurman, you know, daughter of the great Buddhist scholar. She's filming John Travolta, Vincent Vega and the camera and she goes, there are only two type of people in this world. Elvis fans and Beatles fans. They can like each other, but they're very different. Who you are says everything about you. Then later in this one you can't find after they go on the date, she goes, I think you're a I think I know if you're an Elvis or a Beatles fan. But it it makes more context without that scene that Tarantino deleted. So I was always a Beatles fan forever. Now I'm an Elvis fan, and I explained in the book what it is to be an Elvis fan. But I never thought much of Elvis. I thought he was like the you know, the music version of Mountain Dew or McDonald's whatever and something like. And as I got older, I started appreciating him, you know, his impact and everything. And I did read a book about him, like ten years ago, a biography that mentioned some of his you know, esoteric practices. But that was at a time when I was studying the Colt and I was like, oh man, these all these rock stars and artists are into weird stuff. You know. Bowie was into kabbala and Agent of the Lem. The Beatles into him. It's just what they do on the side to help them with their music. Didn't think about it, was still a Beatles fan. And then summer of twenty twenty two I ran into all these you might say, roadblocks that changed my mind, or these directions having to do with two ayahuasca rituals, visions, synchronicities. Everything. My world was just turned upside down and threw that. Suddenly this voice started saying, you know, Elvis, Elvis, there's something I have to say. And I became completely obsessed with the King. I could only listen to his music in the car. I had to watch you know, his movies, documentaries, and just couldn't stop thinking about it. And finally I just surrendered. I just said, you know, I believe that all of us have a mission, and the mission is very simple. You either listen to God or your soul or your destiny, or you're going to be in a lot of pain. And I'm old enough to when these things happen, I just lean into it and I don't ask questions because I'm tired of the pain. So on a February twenty twenty three, I just sat down with that one biography and I just started writing, and in three months, the whole book came out of me. As I like to say, it's like my tagline. I became quantum Entangled with Elvis, we became almost one, and you know, and there's many reasons why this book had to happen. We can talk about him, but it was just something he wanted me to do. It's like doing a favor for a friend. Sometimes the friends ask you for a favor. Maybe it's to move the couch, maybe it's to and you just go, all right, I'll just do it. I'll just do it. And I did it, and I'm very happy I did it for him as.
Speaker 7: Part of the favor of being like, maybe stuff was not noticed that he was trying to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't notice because this stuff is hidden in plain sight, you know. As you guys know, Elvis was like the he was like the conspiracy world. Before conspiracy. He was on the tabloids and the documentaries and the bad blog posts and all that. You know, Elvis landed from a spaceship, and Elvis did that. Everything I got I got from biographies that are you know, very well lauded biographies. They came from friends, family, Priscilla. The things that he saw, his supernatural visions and magic abilities, and what he practiced and what he read. It was always with a lot of witnesses around him. There were people around him, and you can't trust him. And even his UFO encounters I detail three or four in the book. He was never alone with them. It's not like he went, you know, I had a UFO encounter. There were people there. They happened in great in his bel Air mansion and somewhere in the desert. So everything I got, I just pruned from all these biography and newspaper articles, and everything had or ninety nine ninety five percent had eyewitnesses to it. So and it was all there, and it was up to me to bring it all together in one book. And also try to explain why Elvis, why he's probably the most remarkable person in the twentieth century. And that's something that you know, Quentin Terr, you know, I'm sorry, David Lynch said, that's something that Leonard Bernstein said. So many people says that the greatest icon in the twentieth century is Elvis. He is America. He represents America everything good and bad. And in my argument is that you know, we are losing our identity, this country's fragmenting. If we want to know what it is to be an American, the spirit of Elvis is what's going to get us through the other side. So I put all these ideas of Elvis on a highlight level, through a Union lens, a Steiner lens, an alchemy lens, a psychological lens, even a UFO lens, just so we can understand who this figure is and maybe understand why he rose so fast and also crashed so hard at the end. Why did Elvis leave the building so early? And it's always going to be a mystery, but I try to give ideas so that the reader can make up their mind.
Speaker 12: So you do believe that he is, you know rip then because you know there's always yeah, there's theories that he didn't really die when he died, and you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do. I do focus a chapter on it. And there's so many and they're great, great conspiracies, great rabbit holes to have fun with. But I do think at the end his body did leave. I do show that he knew he was going to die. He predicted it, he told friends. Even his death is almost a ritual when you look get it, even you know, on the throne. I mean, it's all symbolical. And he predicted that day I was going to leave. But his material body did leave. And people always like, well, he could have been a did he go under ground on the witness protection? That a mob and he moved to Argentine.
Speaker 2: But then Argentine.
Speaker 1: Elvis fans say, look, number one, Elvis had more power than the president, and he was mob connected. He was connected with the DA he wrote, he said, what was going to happen, That's just the way he was. Number Two, if there were two people that are important in his life at the time, was Lisa Marie and his father Vernon. He would never have abandoned. He would have taken them with them. If you know, I'm going to move to Argentina or you know, or become a pastor in Arkansas. Elvis would have not left his family. It's just not something he did. I think that's the best argument.
Speaker 12: What do you think about his relationship with Priscilla because there's so many so much stuff people say about how young she was and like when they met, and like after she moved to Graceland and it's like weirdness and stuff like what what are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, there's many thoughts about that. Again, many theories of why this happened. I lean a lot simply on her bio, Elvis and me, and you can watch it in the Sophia Coppola movie Priscilla, and it's okay, it gives you a picture. But my theory, or the way I approach it, is that Elvis was a it's hard to say he there was an Oedipus thing with Elvis because he lost his twin when he was born, and Gladys could not conceive, and there was so poverty. Gladys became very possessive and unfortunately it's we call it helicopter parenting, but you could call it. It's called lethal enmeshment or enmeshment where the mother let the child grow, so the child is their egos never develop and they become this extreme of proxy husband plus little playful, naughty child. And she basically destroyed a psyche I mean from the get go. And it's a lot of damage. It's serious stuff. We made joke about it. So he when she died at only forty six, and he was like he was in his early twenties, right before he was going into the army. He was completely crushed. That archetype of the mother was just taken away. And he felt guilty because he always said, I don't care about the money. I want to make my mom happy. That's why I'm a millionaire. But she hated the thing with a passion because her proxy husband was out there with other women touring and she started drinking, taking pills. So he felt guilty that I gave my mom the fame and she died because of it. And even his father once blamed he that you killed you killed your own mother. He never recovered. Kind of a deal with the devil. Right, you want fame, I got to take something from you. But it was so crushing that he became obsessed with the idea of the mother and anybody who looked like his mother. He lost it, Like why did he get into theosophy? Because he saw a photo of Madame Blovotski was like mommy. And when he saw Priscilla, he saw that something about her reminded him of his mother, and he couldn't let go. He had He could have had any woman of any stature in the world at any time, but he had to have Priscilla, and he you know, and he had her. And as Priscilla writes, they did not consummate the marriage until they were They did not consummate the relationship either until they got married or right before there. I think she slips a few times that maybe right before and she and everybody said she was the one who wanted it. Elvis was like in his spiritual kick and was like, no, we must wait and this and that. But it was Priscilla.
Speaker 13: So she had hot draws some size dance.
Speaker 8: She saw his pelvis moving.
Speaker 2: She was gonna jump all that come on.
Speaker 1: But she was in her early twenties, That's all I mean. She was in her early twenties. Whenever they decided it was time or whenever it happened.
Speaker 12: So so was she into like all this stuff with him?
Speaker 13: Was she was she doing like magical stuff you think?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 17: She scientology right later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did joint sciential Elvis hated.
Speaker 2: I was going to bring that up. I had had that written down. Yeah, I noticed she mentioned.
Speaker 1: That, right.
Speaker 2: What was the reason for that?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 17: Daughter loved it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 16: Mm hmm wife and scientist, both of them, right, yeah, yeah, and he hated them. They say he avoided it like the cobra. It was a godless religion.
Speaker 1: He loved. He was very accepting of all religions because he believed, if you're looking for God, I respect you. Except for scientology.
Speaker 16: Sure, I've always wanted how Scientology took back, you know what I mean, because they don't like, they don't like when when families bad mouth of their family members about being in scientology.
Speaker 17: That's a big that's a big no note for old Zeno.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. But once he once he was gone, that's when Priscilla and Lisa Marie got into really need deep.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, I hate it.
Speaker 16: I thought that, and I thought I was I thought there was like more of the nineteen sixties movement.
Speaker 2: Type of situation for for Priscilla.
Speaker 1: No, no, it was in the seventies. In the sixties, she was with Elvis, and uh, she hated his occultism and mystic oh really, because he started becoming so detached to the material world and so spiritual that a she wasn't, you know, no more attention she was. He wasn't giving her the attention as a woman that she wanted. And he almost twice, he almost quit the music industry to be a monk, a Christian monk and a Hindu monk, and it was all just too heavy for it. For example, Elvis loved Manly P. Hall and wanted to go to his lectures, but Elvis could not go to anywhere because Kateus would ensue, right, he had to stay at Hoone. So he would send Priscilla to go listen to Manly P. Hall, write notes and bring him to him, and he was very happy. But she hated. She hated his spirituality. So did Parker, Colonel Parker the Memphis Mafia, because he was really out of control. I mean, he was like meditation circles with groupies and reading at night and meditating and practicing this magic, and he just drove everybody crazy because he hated his fame. He was done with it. He just it meant nothing to him, and so it drove him crazy. But eventually there was this concerted campaign to put wedges between him and his spiritual teach us and this, and eventually they won. They didn't win. What happened is he went underground secretly, like he'd keep his books in Vegas and all that. And I always I say, how he turned into Vegas Elvis is very occult, you know, the whole Egyptian ah that. I think he transferred that energy into the Vegas Act. But he was still till the day he died, he was really into the Western esoteric tradition, Eastern traditions and anything.
Speaker 13: Are you familiar with the Tuesday Weld at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: No, JJ, Do you know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 17: One of my favorite characters in.
Speaker 13: Life, the Huge she's like a witch, right, she's.
Speaker 18: Like a accordingand well Anton Levey had some kind of dedication to her in his Satanic Bible.
Speaker 12: It was like Marilyn Monroe to Sday well, Jane Mansfield, but Tuesday well then.
Speaker 16: Like this, they were like I knew they knew each other as they acted together.
Speaker 17: I didn't. Yeah, I didn't know how. I was curious to know how the relationship went.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 12: There's even pictures of them where he's given her a big smooch yea, yeah, yeah, I think that there could have been a romance there, but it it just like with the kind of like the topic of the episode. If she was into all that and they were best these I can only imagine what Elvis may have learned from her.
Speaker 17: Oh for sure.
Speaker 16: And Leavey elaborates on his dedication to Tuesday Wild in a nineteen seventy two book called Modern Witchcraft.
Speaker 17: So especially involved in the rituals.
Speaker 13: She's really interesting.
Speaker 12: But I wondered if you had come across her with Elvis, because I know that they hung out and they were friends or whatever, But do you think, like even him, like how he was discovered and everything is kind of ritualistic, because I've seen the studio in Memphis where he recorded some of his first stuff, and it's like lots of triangles on the ceilings.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it's really in your face.
Speaker 2: You been there to go, I've been.
Speaker 15: Record Sodell.
Speaker 14: I was gonna say, I'd always known Elvis was in the theosophy and it was kind of just a loose fact in the wind. And I came across I collect the vinyl and I came across one of his country records that has twelve songs and in between each song is a seat and advertise it on the record a secret thirteenth song. And I thought that was kind of interesting in regard to the whole ideas of esoteric philosophy. But like, did he actively kind of push those ideas through his merchandising and his other you know, things that he was putting out.
Speaker 1: I would say yes or no. Again. His Vegas manifestation is very magical. There are reports he would stop doing concerts and do like Tibetan prayers here and there. There were times when he had to go into an altered state of mind. Maybe he was on drugs, but yeah, I mean he wore one thing. He wore an ankh even the day he died, and all that. I mean, starting out with the scene from two thousand and Space one and all that. It was a big steministic ritual and people there's not a lot of footage, but people who went there said they were really transformed. And again, he never hit it, but he didn't advertise it. He was always passing out books, always wanted to talk to musicians and people about different spiritualities and so forth. I say that he really was part of seating the sixties and seventies a cult and hippie movement because he was always there handing out books, doing circles, lesson circles, teachings in Hollywood and Memphis, and just spreading this stuff and making it cool, even martial arts. When Elvis got his black belt in nineteen fifty eight, he was only one of one hundred people in the United States with a black belt in the country's one hundred and seventy million. That's esoteric. And through the sixties and seventies he got more black belts and people started, oh, this is really cool. I mean, he made karate and these things kind of cool. So he was very important. And we have to understand the United States was very like a wasteland. It wasn't like Western Europe. When it came to the occult. There was really nothing you had, you know, the West Coast, the East Coat, Theosophical Society in Wheaton, there was nothing you had Elvis and the beat writers, you know, for all those guys, Kraak, we're talking about Eastern Nobody was talking about Buddhism or Taoism and all that, and Elvis was one of those. In fact, he used to go to the Yoga Nanda Shrum because he started working under Yogananda's successor, Diyamata. He'd go there to meditate. He did that like years before George Harrison started doing it, So he was way ahead of the curb. And I think he's one of the reasons it became acceptable. And like I said, he was seeding this stuff. But again, it was not something he wore in his sleeve. It was just he had passionate about it, you know, like, yeah, you have passionate about the giants. You meet somebody, Hey what about the giants or you know you just yeah.
Speaker 12: I was going to say, even like a secret life though. It was like he had all this going on on the side, but nobody knew about it. Like in the public, they wouldn't go, oh, Elvis, that guy that's really into Buddhism.
Speaker 13: You know, it's almost he had like a secret sight.
Speaker 1: It does. It's almost like an immagh thing. It's almost like an image because even though he would wear this Aztek or Egyptian outfits and do that. People still had this image of Elvis as a southern conservative boy, but everybody in his inner circle and friends in Hollywood, they knew it and it was just part of it. Elvis did what Elvis wanted to do, and it was really as simple as that. And for some reason, I think a lot of it is there was a time when people just thought, oh, these Hollywood people are rocks, that they're eccentric, you know, the Beatles and Hinduism, Ronald Reagan and astrology and man, oh, it's just what they do, and we kind of shelve it, we put it away, and then you realize, no, these things really shape their personalities, their world views, their art. I mean, this was essential to who they are as beings. And I think we're ready now to see it. I mean, there's been a book out on you know, the colchi In Morrison, Sylvia Plath, and we're realizing this is essential and important and history change and personality changing, and I think we're ready as a culture to really really see it. Instead of kind of turning her eye to one side or something.
Speaker 13: Did he write his own stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Sorry, what do you what do you feel about the catastrophic things that have happened on his bloodline, like you have implications there anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, yeah, I deal with that too. I mean Priscilla once said, well, you think Elvis would have survived how it would have been? And Priscilla's like, no, there were demons in his family and she said the lineage is cursed and I show that through his mother, Gladys. Gladys maybe you know she abused him and I can't blame him, and she lost her twin she was then they went to the hospital. She said she couldn't conceive, so of course she's just going to grab onto Elvis with everything she had. But she was known to have visions. She would see demons at night, she had premonitions. Her and her husband could heal, had a touch, which Elvis adopted. Elvis talks about how her and her mother in Mississippi good astral travel, but they both kept it hush because they were worried about the church. So he got to this lineage and of course the gifts also are the curses. There's a darkness to these powers. And got it from Gladys. I don't know if it's because of their native blood or their Jewish, but I don't know. Some lineage of magicians went through Gladys, through Elvis and eventually to Lisa Marie. From what I hear and I'm just doing the research, Lisa Marie had UFO encounters, so there was something, some sort of curse.
Speaker 9: Or because they lost over her poor son. You know, there was some I mean all of that. It's just every out of them. It's like all over again. Yeah yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting started on that. I haven't gone down too deep that rabbit.
Speaker 10: All well, I just would jump in and say one thing quickly, since we have Heidi and jj on is that also Nick and I did a series at Nick Lison.
Speaker 11: I did a series on Nick Barrett or Sid Brett excuse me, from the band. I can't even think right now, that's right.
Speaker 10: And so he was involved with Sikhism and at like I'm a Buddhist, so for me, that's not a particular branch of dharma that I'm that familiar with. But I looking into it, it does seem to have a lot of branches into these kind of celebrity ocult networks. Seems to be like Sickhism, which is an interesting maybe side point. But also they were married on May first, nineteen sixty seven. I think nineteen sixty seven JJ might find that interesting date. And then also for Heidi they were married at the Aladdin Hotel. Well, you know, we discussed another magician, Howard Hughes, who you know, everybody's favorite magic city.
Speaker 11: Vegas.
Speaker 8: On May Day.
Speaker 7: Something I did want to ask you Miil was was he almost kind of like a conspiracy theorist in a sense too, because I think I.
Speaker 1: Had heard was red pill before red pill was cool? So he was again he he was, Yeah, he would have been having fun with us right now. He would be fun Twitter. He'd be going crazy on Twitter and all that, because yeah, he he certainly had a conspiracy sensibility. He never right after JFK was killed, he was on the radio saying, there's no way it's a lone gun man. Same with Robert F. Kennedy. He was sure that there was foul play.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he thought he.
Speaker 1: Thought the Vatican was holding secrets and he was really mad.
Speaker 12: It's like, why does don't we know this side of him? Like I always imagined him as like kind of a dope like that. Went to go visit Forst Gump one time and like learned how to do the moonwalk thing.
Speaker 13: I mean, but there's just like this image of Elvis.
Speaker 12: It's like, oh yeah, kind of like the very first Beatle stuff like bubble gum kind of like, oh yeah, it's Elvis.
Speaker 13: You know whatever. I've watched. What is that.
Speaker 12: Movie with the it's the story of Johnny Cash, but he's in it.
Speaker 13: Walked the line, yeah, walked the line.
Speaker 12: And because Johnny Cash always said, oh Elvis got me on pills. Elvis this Elvis that. So like do you think he's a good guy? Do you think he's just somewhere floating in the middle, like who is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well it was an occultist. He was a mystic. He had magic powers, as they show in the book. He was a visionary and a very smart guy. Even the big bio Peter pull In that I forget it's called The Last Train to Memphis, talks about how he was a brilliant thinker. He would write, he would annotate books. You can go to Graceland and you see it. He wanted to know things when he would whether he was going to Vegas or movies. He always had a higher group of workers carrying two hundred books because he would just he would just read them, read them. He was he really was almost a scholar mind, a brilliant person and a brilliant thinker. Again, he had terrible demons, you know, as Heidi is saying, So he always had that struggle, but really a unique individual. He really was the king.
Speaker 9: Right, true cult is they're never all darker all light. It's usually the dark in the light.
Speaker 1: So that's what I met by Gordon, which he had recently, and it always sticks with thee. It properly used magic will destroy your life. And I've always I think right looks like a good Coultist.
Speaker 17: Elvis also is a spook.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: He was an undercover federal officer. He tried, He tried, He really did try. But he had an obsession with badges. He had an obsession with authority. But I think a lot of it because he grew up so poor daddy went to jail, no justice all that.
Speaker 1: Later on. He wanted he I mean, he he never wanted to be poor. He never wanted his family to suffer. So he had this thing and I think he did it also to piss off his dad about badges, authorities. He would go on drug rates dressed like, you know, with a sche mask. He would. He met Nixon and got a DA badge. I think it was honorary. So yeah, he was obsessed with bad but I don't think he really like officially worked. But there's a dark side to it. I think also he liked power. I mean, he was the kind of guy that always had, you know, only four black belts, but he was always armed to the tief. And there was one time he went commercial. Yeah, he got mad with his dad in Priscilla. They're arguing about money because he's spending money like Crazy's like a few he leaves Graceland, goes to the airport, shows up at the airport, goes to the lady and the lady's like freaking out behind the counters, like I need a ticket to LA can you just bill me? And yes, mister Presley. He goes in security, grabs them and they're like, Elvis, he got all these guns. He's like, well, can I take them on the plane And they're like, okay, if you give us an autograph and keep your mouth shut. And he went on the plane with all these guns. So he liked the power in the badge. And I think there is. Priscilla always said the reason he wanted a DA badge was because he never toured any other country. He never left the United States. True. Imagine the money the guy made four billion dollars in his career. Imagine the money he could have made in Japan, in London, all that because he didn't he wouldn't go anywhere without his guns and his pills. With a DA badge, you can take guns and drugs in and out of the United States.
Speaker 2: So right, maybe that was a job.
Speaker 16: I don't have much involvement he had in the case, but he had an undercover FBI agent for a number of years there in the mid to late seventies and something that's called Operation Fountain pen It happened to be the most one of the most integral.
Speaker 17: Cases in FBI history because it's.
Speaker 16: Fun into things like abscam.
Speaker 17: The abscam.
Speaker 16: I don't know how much Elvis undercover had involved with that, but he at least had undercover guys on his team, you know, for for that operation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It really had to do more with his dad, Vernon, because his dad was in charge of the planes and the money. Again, Elvis didn't have a wallet, no concept of money. It just wasn't you know. He said, buy me a plane, buy me a fleet of rolls Royces. So it would have to do with Vernon more than Elvis. It's not something sure was involved.
Speaker 16: They would have been in the note of something they're going on there, because that case, that case dominoed into a series of other cases over the next almost decade.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, it was a bit. It was a big thing, for sure. But I don't think Elvis was directly involved. I mean he was connected again, he was connected to the authorities, and he was connected to the mind. But to Elvis, these these were his citizens, his underlings as far as he concerned. Yeah, this is the guy that could go to the White House unannounced and get a meeting with Nixon. That's how powerful he was.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: He had a very unique angle, right, He saw every every kind of every perspective right through these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he never voted. He could care less who was the president. It was just these things were irrelevant to him.
Speaker 8: He knew because he knew.
Speaker 3: A lot of his stories seems very much like the fool archetype or this kind of hero element of him where he ignorantly was pursuing you know, not that he didn't have alter pursuits in wanting the badges and so forth, but the part of it just seems like he's just strolling through life trying to you know, portray this you know, giver of books and knowledge and all these all these little hints of him just being this ignorant hero.
Speaker 1: I do connect him to the trickster archetype, not the king archetype. And I think that's a valid one, because he was a trickster. A trickster brings people into a new world, whether it's the Changer or the Coyota native lore or Luki or they are the gods of the doorways. The door hinge depends on Hermes. And Elvis brought this people, this country that have been decimated by the Great Depression War two and brought these people to this new era where we were the most powerful empire history had scene, you know, satellites, nuclear bombs, mass media and everybody's freaking out. And Elvis with his rock music, he and Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard with these sort of shamans who brought and gave the people medicine to be able to stand psychologically this change. I mean the tricksters at the crossroads. He was at the crossroads of the old way and this new empire, the crossloads of the old way gender saw each other and the new sexuality. Elvis taught women how to objectify men. Women suddenly had a male gaze and they can look at him and say, and this power, this kundalina, this eating of the fruit woke women up. But it taught men to be more sensitive because he looked so vulnerable, and he taught men, you know, you don't have to be Gary Cooper. You can be like me or Marlon Brando, soft and sensitive. He taught. He brought people to the crossroads of the old religions to all this new spirituality, this new music. Were oh my god, we can listen to African American music and Hispanic music. I mean, he was the lord of the crosslers and the trickster. That's what the trickster does. And again I feel like he is a trickster because if this is United States, I don't know what our next incarnation is going to be. But the trickster is the one that takes us and if you trust the trickster, you're going to be alright. If not, bad things are going to happen.
Speaker 12: I feel like he used his music as like a spiritual kind of modality. I don't I was gonna say earlier. I don't know if he wrote his own stuff.
Speaker 1: But he No. That's a good point though. I think when we see rock music as a spirituality, it makes perfect sense because again, these guys like Johnny Cash and Elvis, there were pastors. The term rock and rolling started in Pentecostal churches when people would be grabbed by the Holy Spirit, it the'd be like shaking. And then when rock music came out, these music critics would go to these concerts say, this is like a Holy ten revival. What's going on? It's the same thing. They're not handling snakes and doing the Holy Spirit, but they're like shaking and going crazy. So and rock music really is a fusion, as many critics of notice notice, it's of gospel music and the blues. And by the blues, I mean the devilish trickster, African animals, and yeah, and Elvis always said I carry heaven and Hell with me and I got and I got about what you meant, gospel music, heaven, the blues hell, this fusion that was rock music, shamanistic, altered states, and it was a way to sort of free people and help people. As the United States came into is its new identity? Is this amazing empire that nobody had seen? As I show, you know, using the work of Chris Knowles, you've got like here's technology in human history. Oh look, the Samerians kind of popped. Then we're putt putt, putt putt. But then in nineteen late forties, fifties, we shoot up like never before, nobody's ever seen that we have it, and we kind of stopped in the twenty first century. What happened, aliens not I mean, whatever happened, It was a mind blown kind of thing. And you almost needed that trickster energy, that spirituality as a coping skill. And he never answered your question. He never wrote songs because with Elvis, it was all about feeling the energy. He always said, I can feel like in gospel music, in the blues, the plight of the black person, who's disenfranchised, who's homeless. I feel that energy or gospel music, I feel these people crying out for Christ in the you know in the fields and all that. So Elvis was always about getting some music and making it its own and making.
Speaker 12: It so unique beautiful, actually, isn't it. I was raised Pentecostal. I can get on board with that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, was he exposed to that stuff?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 2: He was exposed to that stuff, wasn't he? As a younger?
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 12: Gerry Lee was Jerry Lee came from gospel too.
Speaker 1: They're all Pentecostals. And again, as scholars have said, Pentecostalism is Christian mystery school, Shamanism are altered states of mind, healing your body, your mind, and that's what these guys were.
Speaker 12: That's one hundred du should have you should have seen the people at my church. They would be rolling around and shouting and jumping.
Speaker 13: I mean, I loved it.
Speaker 12: I thought it was great. As a kid, I'd look forward to going to church.
Speaker 13: I'd even get in on it. But it's, uh, yeah, it's it's cool.
Speaker 12: I like where you went with that, because it does sound like that, you know, gospel bluesy kind of cool sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people used to remember Pentecostal. I mean, obviously people hated the blues in the forties, not just the whites, black proper black people hated the Blues because it was so corruptive and dangerous. But they had a problem with Pentecostalism too, because they used to say, these Pentecostals, they're mixing Jesus and sex, that's all they're doing. And that became rock and roll.
Speaker 15: Well in Memphis.
Speaker 14: When you get into that Memphis area, just what is it west they call uh hell in the Arkansas area West Memphis, which is basically where Robert Johnson went out and went to the crossroads and you know, signed the deal with Papa Eggba and came back. So that whole area is kind of really just uh you know, like a like a prime place you know, for for this, Yeah, this energetic kind of you know music.
Speaker 1: And guess what, Robert Johnson he died the same day Elvis died. I bet they both.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, they died on the same day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Robert Johnson was like a million years old.
Speaker 15: He was twenty seven. He was the first twenty seven.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I know, But I thought like it was like a million years ago that he did that, because all the pictures you see of him are like black and white, like holding a guitar. It just looks super old to me. I thought it was like in the thirties or something. But no, Yeah, I saw that recording studio in Memphis, and I always thought it was kind of in your face a little bit, like with what they had going.
Speaker 15: On, and it's the same studio.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was gonna say, with that, with all the anthroposophy and everything, do you think he ever like channeled anything, you know where he would act completely different.
Speaker 8: I mean obviously he knew, he obviously knew how.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Yeah, he certainly had altered states of mind. Again, the astral travel he would do a lot. Yeah, he could change. He had the power to read minds. People would be freaked out because he could. He could read you, you know, exactly what you're thinking, what you're going to do. When he was in a bad mood, he had a way of just crushing your soul, which he got it from his mother. You know these people they walk into the room and you can feel him just suck all the energy up. His mother could do it to anybody, no matter how rich they were, when you were poor. And yeah, he had really powerful abilities.
Speaker 7: So what was in your opinion, what do you think I know you mentioned Theosophy before. What do you think was like some of his I guess major influences.
Speaker 1: He came to the occult, Oh my god, everything you name it. Yeah, Theosophy. He Lovedanda Manly p Hall, but he got into really anything. Khalilki brains, a prophet, gerjiev Hermann essay, he read Albert Pike, He loved morals and dogma. I mean again, this guy was reading hundreds of books a week and he wanted to know because what happened is that he was really burned, you know, not just the death of his mother. But we have to forget Elvis came and it was like a nuclear bomb. You know, for three years he was the most famous person on earth. He was already the goat, the king of rock and roll. It was, you know, a settle, kind of like Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. You just know that's it. Nobody's gonna come. You know it in your heart. But we have to remember that a lot of the country hated his guts. They hated how he was liberating women. How dangerous is music? I mean, the government was worried. The Christians were very pissed off. I mean his own pastor said that he'd been possessed by the devil. Billy Graham went publicly and denounced him. People like Frank Sinatra were just pissed off. I mean, he was a threat, and he was completely burned by Christianity, and so he was like, maybe these assholes are just you know, it's a bit business, and I'm really angry at And plus he had already said there's no way there's eternal hell. He'd already believed in reincarnation when he was a teenager. He just said, it's just normal. It's just logically, it's a logical thing. So he was burned, and then he became kind of after the army, he became disillusioned with his fame and all that. He met his spiritual teacher, Larry Geller, and the books that he got him gave him the Jesus he needed, which was the cosmic Jesus, the inner Christ, the wise teacher Jesus. So anywhere this Jesus was, whether it was the Gnostic Gospels or manly p hall with the mystical Christ, or Theosophy, he was so happy to learn, and he was so happy to believe that we all have Christ within us. We all can bring this Christ, and some do. And these are some wise people throughout history that are there for the betterment of men. Maybe it's the ascended Masters, maybe it's the Freema says, maybe it's Buddhas or ast Jesus. But he was so happy that there was hope and we all had a Christ power within us. And he always hoped that he perhaps could be this next religious teacher, but he wasn't going to do it. He had to have the call until I was self actualized would he do it? And it never happened. But he was so hopeful. So all these traditions and it went to the east could be Daoism. Buddhism gave him this hope, this idea of Christ's consciousness and a way to get closer to God and also answer the big questions because he always wondered, well, why did my twin die? We came out thirty minutes apart, Why did he die? Why was I born poor? If I'd been rich, we could have afforded a hospital and st I had at home? Why did I get stinking rich? But other people in the South are forgotten and they lived in Squalor, so he was always trying to figure out the nature, evil and God and all that.
Speaker 8: Was there an issue with the second baby's delivery.
Speaker 9: Was there like a placenta detachment possibly, and that's why she couldn't have any more kids.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we know. I mean, yeah, it's a good question, but.
Speaker 8: I am a nurse. I was just kidding, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But one thing you find out is that if you grew up in the Great Depression in the South, you were forgotten. Doesn't matter what race you were. It was horrible. It was like North Korea living so records aren't bad. And these people, like they said, where Elvis lived, it was on the wrong side of the wrong side of the tracks, so there was not records. He couldn't afford They couldn't afford a hospital, so they had to have it in his little house. That was probably not a midwife. Jesse came first, right, Jesse came first. He came out stillborn. Elvis came out thirty five minutes later. They put him in an oven because they were so parent, they heated it up, that's how paranoid. Then they went to the hospital and then they simply told Gladys, that's it, You're done. So that was It was a horrible existence because there was one time when Elvis had a fever and tonsilitis and they went to the doctor's like, I can't do anything for you. So they had to do like a prayer circle around them and in a few hours they healed them. So you wonder why these people were leaning so much on the Holy Spirit a lot, because it's it's amazing this happened in this country. I still even when I went to Mississippi. I went to Memphis, driving through Mississippi, I'm like, God, damn, what's wrong with this country. These people are forgotten. These people deserve better. We have all this money for wars, but we have these people in places like Mississippi, good people, and they're just they're forgotten.
Speaker 14: And Elvis, yeah, projects with no doors in the windows. It's yeah, pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. It's incredible.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 3: I add on something some of the themes of what you've been saying, Miguel Is, I think he really kind of did succeed as you're describing his initiate character of that trickster god in a lot of ways. As we refer to the politics of the nation. Back then it was divided in a very physical, ordained manner, and really like we couldn't even conceptualize combining Karate with Hinduism and all the and Manly p Hall and all these things that he was combining in what we consider today to be a really Americana kind of thing, but back then it wasn't. And as occultist, I think we all embody finding at least the comparative, if not the syncretic, which he actually put forth, a syncretic esoteric possibility like, oh yeah, I can be like Bruce Lee and Manley p Hall or what have you? Even a baseball player and kung fu any number of things. So he really, in a lot of ways did initiate us into that potential.
Speaker 1: Well said, no, I couldn't have said it better. True. Again, he was the lord of the crossroads. He brought all this stuff, made it acceptable, even black music. He did something that almost got him killed. He dated a black girl in high school right the sheriffs almost ended his life. He would go if he wanted to listen to gospel music, black house, he would go to this church. He was the one at the back isolated, segregated from the congrege. And he didn't care because he was like, this shit is good. I don't give a shit, and he brought it out. You know, it's same with spirituality, like I said, martial arts so much and even the media. Elvis knew how to use media and technology. He knew the importance of TV, satellites, the jukebox. You know. He made it cool for the population to say, hey, this is not so, let's embrace this stuff. Let's and let's see it.
Speaker 12: What did he do with like these extraterrestrial encounters. Did he like try to tell people about him? Was it like hush hush, Like I think that's kind of dope, Like Elvis, you know, King of Rock, extraterrestrial, extraordinary shaman, occultist, Like what the heck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And he had a great voice. Sorry, right, they're excited, but no. He again, he was so ahead of the curve when it came to UFOs. By the sixties, he believed in let's keep you quiet. By the sixties he already thought had very sophisticated views on UFOs. For example, he was one of the first people to read Vondanikin's Chariots of the gods. So he's like, maybe we are ancient aliens. He said, he very much was voiced, very loudly, how the aliens by where were us from destroying ourselves? And he believed in the star seed. I mean, these were ideas like us that he sort of balanced out. He'd read Ezekiel. He read Ezekiel, and he's like, these these wheels gotta be aliens. So very he read the Book of Enoch and wondered, well, maybe they're aliens, you know, kind of today where the religion and eufology are no longer separated. Back then it was very separated. He was one of the first pioneers to do that. And he always talked to you know. Again, he had his experiences of seeing Eufo's lights and all that. He added with his bodyguards as spiritual teachers, so he would talk to them about it. But he'd never made it like he never went to the press or anything like that. It wasn't. He used to say, yeah, even me, They'll think I'm crazy and put me away. And so he was very, very sophisticated in how we saw eupology. He read the Book of Urantia, he read, Yeah, he was very versed in the whole UFO thing, very very.
Speaker 12: So did he think we like, did he believe in heaven and stuff? Like, we're what did What were his thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, that's a good one he thought, And it's actually similar to what the Gnostics thought. He thought, you are incarnated, but it's all your choice or adventure. If you choose the material path every reincarnation, you're gonna go down, down, down, and eventually just poof disintegrate. But if you keep getting better every life, eventually you'll reach whatever, the light, God, whatever you want to call it. So it's a very sophisticated I think the Gnostics had that idea that you know, it's your choice, you get to choose, nobody else chooses what's going to happen.
Speaker 12: So do you think like Lisa Marie like in her mom obviously, like you think growing up with this guy as a dad, you might have some of these same like beliefs and stuff. But they went totally left, they went scientology. It just seems odd to me. It's like if you had a cool dad like this literally it's Elvis And then she married Michael Jackson for a while, Like I don't know what's going on with her, but scientology, Like really, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: They were predators and he made more sense, yeah than the marriage with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 8: I was like, what the hell was that?
Speaker 13: Like, literally, what is going on with her?
Speaker 17: Aliens?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah she was but she was a young kid. Yeah, she was young. And uh, I don't want to talk for Priscilla. When you look at Elvis fandom, he is Uh. I don't know if it's fair or not. It's kind of if you guys watch up Breaking Bad. You ever noticed everybody hates Skyler, but that's the last person you should hate. It's like there's so many other villains. You know, Walter White is far more evil than his wife. But so I try not to judge, but list about Priscilla is seen as almost the devil with in the Elvis fandom, Lady Macbeth narcissist.
Speaker 8: So she did have that red hair.
Speaker 1: Though. Maybe you had to survive Elvis because when you lived with Elvis, it was always chaos every day. I mean there was press, celebrities, always something going on. Elvis was always out of control and he did what he wanted to do. I mean he'd do stuff like he'd wake up and say, I'm in the mood for this peanut butter bright peanut butter sandwich in Denver. You know, light up the planes. We're leaving in an hour. That's a kind of life he led. It was just Vegas. It was constant chaos. To be in Elvis's orbit, regardless whether you're a bodyguard a family member, was just it was out of control. It was exhaust It was wonderful, it was a bless but you could barely. I think that's the reason people didn't say more, because it was just there was so much going on. How could you even stop to talk to the press about UFOs or something.
Speaker 13: It's yeah, she.
Speaker 12: In her book, she kind of makes him sound like a real pos I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 13: Like when I read her book, I was like, fuck this.
Speaker 12: Guy, like this guy which one Lisa Priscilla or Priscilla's book.
Speaker 13: It was kind of like, I mean, obviously there's.
Speaker 12: After I read her book, I was like, oh, hell though some of the stuffy like you know, but you get to a certain point where if you get married that young and you have that weird lifestyle, you're gonna at some point not like each other anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you have to and also you have to take it with a grain of salt. Like there's this in the first edition of her book. There's a scene where before they broke up, Elvis essayed her that she backtracked and took it out because she said, I was just angry at him. And then there's a like another one where she says, Elvis always wanted me to have a buffont and you control whatever.
Speaker 13: Yes, she did say that, but when you.
Speaker 1: Look at pictures of her, she's got her hair down at the press or she'd say Elvis didn't let allow me to leave Graceland. But there's pictures of her in New York and Jet saying so again, you know things that happened between couples. Yeah, you want to take aside. I try not to, you know what I mean. Yeah, he was abusive, she was abusive. He was not faithful, she was not faithful. It's a I don't know there there again, Elvis was cursed.
Speaker 8: And she was.
Speaker 12: I was going to say, I mean, she was so young, so so young when they got married. And obviously if it's like that thing, like if everybody wants to screw your husband, I mean, that's that's that's not a good place to be.
Speaker 8: Well, he didn't want to give it to her, So.
Speaker 12: That's what I'm saying is like it's like everybody wants to screw him and I can't even get any Like what is this about?
Speaker 8: Master came in?
Speaker 12: You're right, probably some of his spiritual beliefs.
Speaker 1: Margaret and she's at home.
Speaker 12: Do you think but do you think that's part of his spiritualism or do you think that's part of like him running around on her? Because I've always heard like, you shouldn't give up your life essence. Every time you sleep with somebody, you're giving up like your life essence. This is like a big spirituality thing. And he really didn't have sex with Priscilla, like hardly ever maybe to have Lisa Marie and then that was it.
Speaker 8: After that, didn't he do sex? Magic though?
Speaker 17: With?
Speaker 20: Right up?
Speaker 13: Like there's gotta be something to that.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, here's one. Yeah, one theory states again because remember he's got the mommy issue, bad mommy issues. So it is said that he could not have sex with women who had conceived children too much of a mother archetype. That was an issue. Now and there are some there's evidence for it, but then there's evidence like Priscilla was in Peters Morgan and she talked about when he went to Vegas in the seventies they had the best fling ever. So it's hard, but that was an issue too, they say with Elvis. And also you have to think too is people who lose their twins at a young age. Twin less survivors are always they're very they're workaholics, they are seekers, but they are very self destructive, addiction prone and can never have normal relationships. Then, of course horse is a problem. People who have enmeshment issues, lethal enmeshment issues, same thing. They have a propensity for addiction, they're self destructive and they can't have normal relations So Elvis had the double whammy of you know what I mean and even admitted I think in like before he died, he looked at his friend Charlie Hodges and he quoted from Khalil, your brain's love. You know, love will crown you and crucify it. And he told them I realized, I'm forty two and I've never been able. I've never loved a woman properly. I can't believe I've just learning this now, he was going to get married to gingder Alden, but he finally had forty two was like, holy mother, I've just wasted my entire life and I've got to fix this. But you know, time around now I'm shocked.
Speaker 9: I'm shocked he didn't marry an older woman with his whole situation with the end.
Speaker 12: Well, it'd have to be an older woman who never conceived. There's a lot of them out the well in that look like his mom, who'd never can see who was in ritualism.
Speaker 7: That's a very very it's just like such a small slover.
Speaker 2: The population to choose from right there.
Speaker 12: So you said, like he predicted his death, and he would like who did he tell?
Speaker 13: Did he like have journals or something that somebody went back and read, or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he told people things he was like doing. He was acting differently, like making sure that documents and contracts were set. He remembered telling a friend out of nowhere, you know, angels fly because they take themselves so lightly. And the way he said it to his friend freaked him out. He would drive from Memphis to Mississippi with a friend at night and he would be looking under the house for his lost marbles, just very strange behavior. And he he dropped all these hints and I showed them in the book. But the most obvious one is two days before he passed, he was in his room just you know, on drugs and pain, just in his bed. But he was reading all these occult books and the Bible and all that. And his stepbrother David Stanley, called his stepbrother, David Stanley to talk to him. His stepbrother needed advice. And then he turned to his brother and he said, I want to tell you something. In two days, I am going to be on a higher plane. And his stepbrothers, yeah, we got to catch a plane to Portland for the concert. And Elvis like rolled his eyes like, hey pearls, you know, pearls for pigs, and you know, said I love you and I'll talk to you. But he was right. Two days he was not around.
Speaker 12: That's kind of crazy, actually, because I thought he was like at the end of his life, he was kind of like sat and bloated and useless.
Speaker 13: Sorry go ahead to Ethan, Oh no.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sorry, my computer was lacking. I heard a rumor that he also had some experiences when he was a child. Obviously these would be more difficult to corroborate. But were there stories about these UFO experiences when he was a child, and can you break down the Lenin and Jesus cloud formation? Did you hear about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't heard anything about UFOs when he was a child, So that one I haven't heard. What was the second question? Before the Lenin one?
Speaker 3: I saw when he was driving between Memphis and LA that he saw a cloud formation of Lenin and then Jesus. If that's I believe right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. He was He had been practicing spirituality. He was very earnest and reading a lot, and are driving from Memphis to LA. He didn't like to fly for some reason for years, so they drive these mobile homes and he was driving and he was frustrated and he got angry at his spiritual teacher and said, look, I'm doing this thing. I don't feel I'm getting closer to God. And his teacher said, gave him the zen parable where the teacher puts and tells the student to port and the water comes out and the students like freaking out, and said, yes, your cup is too full. The only way for God to come in is you got to empty yourself. So you need to chill out with the studying and all that and just let God come to you when he's ready. So then they had this discussion. They're driving through Arizona and he and his spiritual teacher, Larry Gilli, look up and they both see the clouds are forming and it turns into the ultimate visage of evil, which back then was not letting. It was Stalin, So it became the face of Stalin mocking and always pulls to one side. Remember there's a whole convoy of these. And he runs into the desert with Larry and he's like facing this thing, and Elvis is basically saying, you know, I just realized I am not empty, and there's a lot of evil in me, and how evil is showing itself in the world, in the in the sky. So he went to this this demon or whatever. He said, look, if this evil is within me, destroy me, I get it, take me off the chessboard. I wasn't able to do it this lifetime. I'm humbly, you know, bowing down. And then suddenly this evil went down into but turned into Jesus, and he was filled with the power of Christ and he felt this bliss that he had never felt before. And again his friend Larry was there and they both started hugging each other, and like Elvis, you know, I'll never doubt. I know there is a God. I know there is a purpose. So it was a very powerful mystic experience that again, you know, kept him going and kept him with his study for the rest of his life. And like I say in the book, it's interesting because philip Ate Dick, not too far away around that time, had the same vision, except Dick was walking to a place he used to write and he looked up and then the clouds formed into this metallic demiurge creature looking down on him, laughing at him, and Dig freaked out and ran off. And the parallels that they both it brought him closer to Jesus, and it brought him closer to studying the occult. So interesting parallels right there.
Speaker 2: One thing I.
Speaker 7: Wanted to ask is the guy I heard you bring up it's probably in the book as well, is his lightning bolt symbolism. I think you said it kind of came from It might have been Marvel, which had a cult, you know, connotations behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean one of his big heroes was Captain Marvel. He was a big comic book reader. And by Captain Marvel, I don't mean like the one we know today, the one that you've seen in the movies that well you do the Shazam. That's who Captain Marvel was in the forties and fifties. And the light has the lightning bulb. It's a Shazam. And of all the heroes that became what he idolized, he was open about it was Captain Marvel. That's the most occult hero. This is a being. You have. This guy go sees a wizard and the wizard gives him the power of Solomon and Hercules and Atlas and Ermes and he says, says am and suddenly and Elvis just loved it. He used to think it was a story of, you know, especially Captain Marvel junior, of a kid who can turn into superhero. And he sort of always said if he can turn into superhero, I can. But he cheat. He did choose the most magical one and it kept him.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Lightning Bult became like his logo, He's taking care of business and the Lightning Bult. It was extremely important. And when you look at his Vegas costume. It makes sense because when you see him with the short cape and everything else, you realize, wait, as he's dressing up like Shazam, that's which he was. It was like his hero. So it's a Captain Marvel. Is fascinating because the writer behind Captain Marvel or Shazam Odo Binder, This guy was steeped into eufology and the occult and all that. I mean, it's a fascinating connection. And I'm writing now to the other book, Elvis two point zero, which is David Bowie, where I just realized they're both the same character.
Speaker 7: If you think he influenced David Bowie, I was actually going to ask.
Speaker 1: You that, oh he is the light blow too, blow by blow. I mean, Bowie knew they knew each other. Bowie knew what Elvis was doing and tapped into the same powers. In fact, Captain Marvel is behind Bowie too, Elvis Captain Marvel. There's this very weird nexus with Elvis Bowie, Captain Marvel, Philip K. Dick and Ridley Scott that is, and William Burrows and all these cats, and it's it's pretty well, it's pure magic. It's almost like their own secret society.
Speaker 12: I've always thought that about Marvel. They put so much stuff in those movies. I mean it's almost like ridiculous. There's even the spinoff shows.
Speaker 13: I don't know if you watched any of them.
Speaker 12: They're all like on the Disney Plus or whatever. There's one called Moon Night and it's so oh my goodness, it's just retarded with it.
Speaker 13: But so you think, like David Bowie, he was like on the same kind of like.
Speaker 12: Spiritual wave of because he had kind of like an alter ego, right, Ziggy Stardust and many.
Speaker 2: Great white dudes, they reinvented themselves over and over and over again. Actually, Elvis and David.
Speaker 1: Bow very true. I mean it's almost like and Bowie admits it. When he started wearing Ziggy Starduck with the jumpsuits, He's like, Elvis, you know, it was always I'm gonna tap into the same magic. I mean, Bowie saw him in concert, and Bowie he went to his wife and he's like, wow, women are just throwing themselves at him, and his wife is like, just the first time you noticed that Elvis was sexy. And Bowie's like, yes, but now I know how and you know, and Elvis sent them notes. And the great secret is that before Elvis died, he actually called David Bowie said would you produce my next album? And Bowie was like, shit, yeah, but it didn't happen. You know, Bowie was just completely crushed. But yeah, the parallels between them two is it's very freaky, and there were influences a lot of the same books that were reading, and it's almost, yeah, two Tricksters, two Starman. If you know what I mean to space age messiahs, that's it.
Speaker 12: I think Bowie kind of wore it more openly though. I always had such a thing for him because he was like magical almost, like even his songs and like some of the lyrics are just like Starman. I always loved him, but Elvis kind of kept it more under wraps. I guess that's why I never knew this stuff about him, because if you look at his songs really there they are like the more like handholdy kind of bubblegum stuff. So and then you look at David Bowie and it's like, I think I just astro projected after that album.
Speaker 1: Like you all of not.
Speaker 21: When Elvis got into that Egyptian deal, though, he got and then I think they're just selling the sacred feminine, Like honestly, the way they're dressing everything, like they're just.
Speaker 22: What are some of his like topics besides that, like his like his hits that were besides like returned to Cinder and like stuff like that, Like what what we're like his egyptiany ones.
Speaker 13: Well, I just don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, if Elvis was looking at the powers underneath them, that's what he wanted to make it himself and to show these emotions. Again, his concerts were like Dionysian festivals where women were sometimes almost tore him apart. You know, when David Bowie found that secret he had women also just doing that. But it's really not You have to listen to some of his gospel music, Like I would advise you guys listen to the Life version of American Trilogy and he'll be like, now I know what it is to be an American. It's so touching. He talks about the cotton fields and struggling in the working class, and he makes it in a way that only Elvis could do it, or some like how great thou art? You feel this power that's just beyond you. I think that's Heartbreak Hotel, his first single, which people like John Lennon and Bob Dylan said when they heard that song it was like a spiritual awakening. Is a song about suicide. You know, it's about a guy who was into a hotel room. It's like I'm done. It's a very existentialist song. So you see this sort of yeah, you see this hidden all over the place, and a lot of his music and he had a couple of social songs If I Can Dream, beautiful song that he wrote in the ghetto, very powerful song. There's Yeah, there's something about Elvis. It's almost like you hear it for the first time and it's always new. I mean, the only thing, the only thing I can think of, because we all want newness, we want something like I've never heard this before. I feel like I'm reborn. It's fresh. Like first time I ever heard Running with the Devil by Van Halen, I was like, what is this. I've never heard this. I've never heard a sound like that, or Jimmy Hendrix. You hear his riffs and you go, oh my god, this is new. There is something new under the sun, and it just revitalized it. I feel that with Elvis, and in a lot of ways, Bowie too. It's like they're tapping deep like David Gilmour. You're like you're tapping deep into another realm, into an archetypal place, and you're bring these energies up. Elvis could just do it with his voice, but these guys could do it with their guitar.
Speaker 13: And his body too. Holy crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, and also with Elvis, he kind of, you know, crossed all the musical genres rockabilly, you know, surf music, gospel, country, rock and roll. Like I mean, he pretty much proliferated, you know, all the tendrils, you know, throw.
Speaker 1: Them all together in a stew and just said, this is it heaven and hell.
Speaker 13: I feel like him off a little bit. Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Oh well, you're probably right.
Speaker 16: A lot of people I think gripped him off a little bit, you know what I mean, because he had an unrivaled stage presence.
Speaker 17: Maybe it was magical, who.
Speaker 8: Knows, Maybe he had a talisman in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Happy to see me, That's what I still said. But but it was all natural. He was, I mean, his hips and everything was nerves. If you look at the bass luma, he wasn't trying it just he was so nervous. He was an introvert. That's the thing that's freaky. He liked even later in his career, just he could sit outside in his yard and stare at the sky for hours. He liked being alone and he got his he loved being alone. So the fact he could just turn into this idol, this dionysis kind of figure, just off the bat. I mean, even Jim Morrison was like, you know, I just copied Elvis because he had that. I hate to say that it quality that cliche, but if you could say, if there's an in quality, he had it it was beyond this world.
Speaker 12: I don't know if I was going to say something, but I just wanted to ask you too, because there was something I read. I can't remember where it was now about him, but it was like he like the introverted thing, like he didn't want to be around people, and like he would like lock himself in his room and stuff. Like he almost like suffered from depression and stuff like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he struggled again. Those demons got him at the end. He just couldn't shake off the death of his mother, Jesse's divorce from Priscilla the addictions. I mean, it really got to him. But he loved being alone. One of his favord rituals. He could sit alone in his room with a candle and he could meditate himself back in the womb, and he can go even deeper into creation. So he had all these exercises, and I mean they say on his fortieth birthday, his girlfriend said he just sat alone in his room. He just didn't feel like cell. I think one of the big themes of the book is that of Paul. I get this from Paul Levy his books on Watiko is the wounded healer. You find in many cultures around the world, all over the globe. The shaman is somebody who's been broken, they've had a near death experience, they've had trauma, they're diseased, and this opens the channels of communication and this person becomes the shaman and they can heal you, not despite their wounds and their trauma, but because of it. And they feel in their heads that if I heal my trauma, I will lose my powers and I can't serve the tribe, I can't be the person who heals you. And it's very tragic, and you see that I mean we see that with rock stars all the time. They're tragedy, they're wounds. We know they're going to die and implode, but they keep healing us and giving us good music. And that's the wounded healer trope. And in fact, as I show in my book, in certain cultures, the shaman always ends up as a drug addict, broken down, fat old guy, because not only are you the wounded healer, but you're carrying these energies, these powers. You're going to the spirit world there you bingo exactly, and it just destroys you. And the tribe's like, well, that's your job, you know, you need a shaman. And the shaman's like, yeah, this is what I signed up for. I'm going to die young. But what you know, it's party. It just happened. And I say, Elvis was our shaman. He was the one that had to pay the price to heal us.
Speaker 7: Oh you know you had mentioned real real quick. I just kind of got lost on the thought when you mentioned it. Did you say something about him having an experience like with the womb and meditating with a candle. Yeah, I've actually mentioned that experience myself on the show a few times.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that one of my experiences was just meditating across from my candle and like, yeah to where I was like, I went somewhere else, and when I wherever, whenever I came out of my meditation, I was like, yo, that was like I honestly thought I had that experience.
Speaker 2: It was really fucking weird.
Speaker 7: Actually, yeah, so when you just said that now, I was like, oh, okay, I was like, I guess I'm not the only person saying that ship.
Speaker 1: How too scared to try.
Speaker 2: It's very weird. I'm I'm sure I've probably.
Speaker 7: Mentioned it on somebody's show here actually.
Speaker 8: Talk to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I've maybe mentioned it. Well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: I remember having a certain visual and just like the way I felt, and afterwards, I was like, the.
Speaker 2: Only thing that makes sense is that that was like me and the womb. It was just really or It's like I had this knowing that that's what it was when I came out of the meditation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elvis was upseir. He was obsessed with birth and death. I mean he he used to go to Morgues for fun and yeah, he went with Priscilla all the time.
Speaker 13: They watch on a date.
Speaker 8: Let's yeah, he's doing somewhere there.
Speaker 13: He's a guy that one.
Speaker 1: He gets freak heer he one time they and that's.
Speaker 13: Tell me he's a necrophile.
Speaker 1: No, no, he'saw there was a dead baby and Priscilla starts crying. So they both sit there just praying forever for this child's soul to go there. And he used to have he would have. He loved watching dead people be embalmed, including friends, and he would just sit there and but but that's that's the job of the shaman. They have to know death and burial. He used to love hanging around at cemetery. He's a watching horror movies. Just that's what he did for fun. In fact, guess what after the the Tate la Bianca murder murders. Guess who showed up at the Colo house a few days later? Elvis.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he's he dude.
Speaker 13: I don't know about that. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he I mean, a shaman has to be around the dead and around the Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: Make a comparison from that time period. I think even generations past his death has been copy have many people have been copying him, of course, but at that time period, imagine how many people were copying him more attempting to even But I was just looking at Jim Jones, and he, I think, try to use that whole persona to in of course a much darker way.
Speaker 13: Definitely the haircut. I can't help him see that, Yeah, for sure. I mean he's definitely got the Elvis look going on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but yel I got to ask you something, and please don't get offended or kick me off the video chat, because I just gotta ask you.
Speaker 13: All right, there are rumors, all right, rumors. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I wasn't there that Elvis was kind of you know, he was in the Little Boys and stuff. Do you think that there's any credibility to that?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, I don't. As far as I looked, I don't see it. Again, I try to go to a reliable sort. There's so much I hate to use the word misinformation because I sound like a politician, but there's so much gossipy, weird stuff, and so far I don't see anything that does that. I mean, it's a very it's very known that he used to get hit on by men, and he like, hey man, you know, it's all cool. I'm not my bag, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 12: So well, I have to ask just because the people who listen to my show are gonna definitely wonder why I didn't, because that's a thing.
Speaker 13: That's the thing people want.
Speaker 12: People know about that rumor, and they're like, dude, Elvis was into like he wasn't having sex with his wife, and he was probably in the Little Boys and he had like this weird femininity thing going on.
Speaker 13: So people, you know, speculated, Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Old No, I don't see that sage anywhere. And he was never I mean, you're talking about a person who wasn't alone. You're talking about a person whose own bodyguards to betrayed him and wrote a all tall tale all books because they wanted to bring him down. Nothing like that has ever come up. He was friends. He was friends with bisexual guy who was friends with James Dean, and they became very close. And when his mother died, this guy actually they moved a bed in his room to watch over Elvis and all that. That's the closest. There's also a time in the army where he was very upset and he heard about this thing called aroma therapy. And again back then it was like, oh, but he flew this guy in from US, Australia somewhere, and the guy's doing the aroma therapy and the guy grabs Elvis by the but Elvis freaked out kicked him out, and then the guy tried to blackmail them and the army got involved, you know, but he was cleared after a long investigation. So that's about as yeah, as far as I know, that's about as exciting as it gets.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: Very friends with Liberaci, but it was very platonic. Liberaci also lost his twin, so Liberaci gave him ideas like this is how you cope with the pain, and Liberachi in the fifties like, dude, you gotta wear jumpsuits. It's the next big thing. And Elvis is like, nah it, I'll never be in fashion.
Speaker 9: And you know, well, and with the esoteric, when you're when they're studying and trying to they stop that because they're trying to keep their power. So it's like a whole thing with you know, the whole esoteric side of the studies.
Speaker 8: So that makes sense.
Speaker 13: Being like asexual, well, he was very sexual.
Speaker 1: He was very sexual. He was very hermes, very but he again I show him he's very much like the archetype of the Andragine because he had his feminine and masculine powers. That's why he he was into the style. He understood women. Uh, he was what which we used to call them metrosexuals and nygen x.
Speaker 8: He was like, I don't mean he was asexual in general.
Speaker 9: I mean if he went through bouts of asexualism, it was probably because he was studying and trying to be in the purification process.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're a hundred percent right. When he was really into spirituality, he would disengage from relationships. In fact, it used to piss women off because women would be like, I'm going to have this notch on my bedpost called Elvis Presley to get to his room. He's like, can we read a book. Let's me, No, happened a lot.
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm I'm gonna get with Elvis. And he's like, yeah, let's meet at the Morgue and do some weird like yeah, you know how to turn a girl on or stuff.
Speaker 1: Char Graham, I.
Speaker 17: Ask you when we're talking.
Speaker 16: What we were talking the occult geographies of Memphis.
Speaker 17: I was gonna ask you did Elvis having the infinities.
Speaker 16: For for the ancient mound sites of America, Memphis deep in Mound territory. And so is his child is Mississippi. He grew up on the mound.
Speaker 9: He's my tenth cousin, and so I am Mormon heritage.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you there's the Mormon up in that boy.
Speaker 19: Like I don't know, Mountain love, they got that mountain load, not those I know, as far as I know.
Speaker 1: Not as far as I know. I mean again, you just saying you should where if he had to go anywhere, it had to be in the middle of the night. If he went anywhere, he'd have to have a big entourage. So there was a lot of things Elvis just could not see he shouldn't go to. Even in the fifties he had to stop going to church.
Speaker 8: He had because lay lines where he build his place.
Speaker 12: And dude, did you know Elvis was born on the thirty third parallel. You know all that weirdness about like people who are born on the thirty third parallel. So I don't know about that, Heidi, but like I know, he was born on like a weird child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steven Snyder I did a show with him, and he you know, he talked, but that's kind of his thing, mountains and parallels, and it's not my forte.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, I've had a number of mounded conversations with Reckless. He's very, very knowledgeable in the subjects, and he goes to these places. He doesn't just ride away, and he travels and he feels the energy and he digs around and so yeah, we've had a couple of show on Elvis to one on that, and one, of course, we had to have a long one to dispel the whole you know, was he was he a servant of the Jews, which, of course there's lots of literature like, so we have to spend an hour of dispelling that one.
Speaker 13: What does that even mean exactly?
Speaker 17: I'm not familiar with that one. So that's an interesting interesting A.
Speaker 13: Servant of the Jews?
Speaker 2: Like what?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I was like, what is he a Hebrew slave or something like?
Speaker 1: What I supposed to know that he was, you know, created by Jewish bankers to correct?
Speaker 8: Okay, well it's the Jesuits. If not, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's somebody, ye, but there's books written about it, on papers really, but they don't hold up to you know, no, no, you know he had Jewish blood, He had very close Jewish friends. He became friends as a kid with an Orthodox rabbi. But Elvis was you know, he was his own person, owned destiny.
Speaker 8: You know, not Roy Kone.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 13: That wasn't a friend. That was his friend.
Speaker 8: Shut up, I'm being an ass.
Speaker 13: I thought, oh my god, I was going to say, those two are friends. I'm getting out of this.
Speaker 15: Elvis's manager. Elvis's manager.
Speaker 14: From what I understand, he had intelligence links, he had all these he didn't have any idea. That was one of the reasons they couldn't go overseas. It was kind of a mystery as to who this guy really was.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Colonel Parker, yes, yes, that was his manager. And yeah, he wasn't an illegal immigrant.
Speaker 13: And Tom Hanks, I was going to ask if that was that was him.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you that.
Speaker 1: Was a terrible job by Anks, But yeah, that was him.
Speaker 13: So what did you think of that movie? Did you like it? Do you think it was like historically accurate?
Speaker 1: Some things aren't some things are, you know. Briefly talks about Captain Marvel and Elvis and going to black churches, but doesn't touch on his occultism. You have to watch Sophia Coppola's movie Priscilla that spends about ten minutes Elvis driving everybody crazy with his ideas and she being furious at him and all that. But yeah, Parker, he was a carnival guy. He was He wasn't even a real colonel, and somehow he latched onto Elvis. And I talked to the book that was almost faded, because you know, you've got an alchemy, you've got hermes, that power, that creative, naughty power. But then you've got Saturn numbers and boundaries and all that, and they were perfect or even in Steiner with Aramann and Lucifer got Lucifer the creative power, and then you've got irom on the numbers of boundaries. When you can get those together in the balance, anything's possible, just like the androgine. If we can get your male and female energies right as the ancient said, you are godlike. So those two work together. And that's the story. That's one of the theories that Elvis never toured because Parker would have have he would have gotten uh, yeah, he would have gotten thrown in an El Salvador in prison. Oh well, back then, who knows what it would have been. He would have been kicked out. But the problem too is I don't know about that because he did go to Canada in the fifties to tour. And remember Elvis was in the army for two years, and Parker had no problems staying in the United States, you know, crunching numbers, making deals, So I don't think. I don't know if you would have had a problem with Elvis touring, but I guess you would have had to explain to Elvis, because that's a secret even Elvis never found out about. You know, that's something happened in the late seventies when people finally discovered who Parker was. And it's still a mystery what his background was.
Speaker 16: Possibly Austrian, No, he was Dutch, yeah, okay, and it was somewhere over there. Yeah yeah, So I guess Austin Powers would have been furious, right, evil Dutch.
Speaker 2: We see.
Speaker 13: Maybe it was his handler, was the handler Power?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he was something else. I mean, it is true, this guy, I mean, Elvis made four billion dollars from nineteen fifty five to nineteen think about that inflation. I mean Taylor Swift and he did. He that's money they couldn't make. He probably made that's like twenty billion dollars today. And Elvis, of course just blew it, blew it, blew it. He never invested, never, he just Parker made twenty percent of that. And Parker died penniless because he was such a gambling freak. I mean both, It's like they both had they both just fell apart at the end.
Speaker 10: Perhaps a good magical lesson for why you should not pursue that path of hod after forty A little magic joke.
Speaker 13: Are you saying that Elvis was a washed up loser?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: But it really this is something I've been thinking about a lot, Juliet. Is like magic's really about archetypes, like a large part, like even look at above you right now, the way Nick Cat even has it set up.
Speaker 11: It's like I'm between two polarities. So it's a lot about.
Speaker 10: Like how we arranged you mean, you know this, how we arrange universe around us. So, but your most powerful tools, the way you live your life, like the ritual that you embody.
Speaker 11: So right, So if.
Speaker 10: Elvis is passing the point of being a prince archetype, then he should the ideas that you would gracefully transition into one of the other male archetypes on the tree. But if you're very comfortable in the suffer, and this often happens to male magicians. They get very comfortable in thee because we're denser than women.
Speaker 11: It's a it's not a slight against men.
Speaker 10: It's just like a a kind of it's a Buddhist joke, but it's it's also true in a way because women can get pregnant, so they have negative space, right, so they're considered less sense.
Speaker 11: That's really the idea. So a man should transition, but it's harder for us.
Speaker 10: So if we've played the prince our whole life, we're always going to draw from that saffra.
Speaker 11: That's kind of my thinking. I don't know, maybe that's maybe Nick or Miguel will crackt me, but that's.
Speaker 23: Sort of how I think of it as Sorry, Nick, No, I just want to say that that also explains like what Heidi said about him, like always needing, always searching out, and even the rumor that you brought up, it would make sense that because the polarity that he would need to balance him.
Speaker 11: Out, would be like a daughter archetype.
Speaker 10: That doesn't mean someone too young, but maybe by our conventions in twenty twenty five, it would be like a Southern like what he was thinking in like the sixties in the South is obviously very different than where we're thinking, So maybe sixteen. He would like a younger girl, like some slightly androgynist perhaps, or like a Lisa Marie who's, as we discussed, very bad.
Speaker 11: She has a Babylon energy.
Speaker 10: His daughter does well, the wife did when they thought together.
Speaker 11: She has that.
Speaker 1: You brought it up.
Speaker 11: There was such a great point. We all agreed.
Speaker 10: The Tuesday Weld's like, that's the she's the kind of the dark princess to Tuesday Weld.
Speaker 11: Like a queen of the stars. You could say.
Speaker 1: The one you want to watch is his granddaughter Riley Keo. I don't know if you guys have watched the movie Under the Silver Lake, probably one of the most esoteric movies I've seen. But she's she's as she's a very accomplished actress and very powerful.
Speaker 13: Does she sing or anything?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, she's mostly an actress. I mean she's been I think she was was she in Once upon a Time in Hollywood? I think she was in it.
Speaker 12: Brief Well really, Oh that's interesting because that's about like the Manson stuff and apparently Elvis uh made himself known around those parts.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 12: I've always wondered about her just because of the Michael Jackson stuff and uh yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean was it her son that killed himself or it was her son that killed brother?
Speaker 20: Ye?
Speaker 1: Again, the curse.
Speaker 9: Was saying, and then again we've got one without the the right back to the beginning, right exactly.
Speaker 12: Maybe they're breaking generational curses. Maybe he was the last one and.
Speaker 8: She seems like they're living.
Speaker 2: It through it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because then he was the one that carried it on. So I don't know.
Speaker 9: It seems like if she's in esoteric films and all these different things, it just depends on what past she's on.
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: You do you know if Friley is into scientology?
Speaker 1: I am not sure. I don't think so. I mean, I know Priscilla and Lisa Marie I think left before it was they did get out. I'm not sure. I hope once the book starts selling and then makes the rounds, I want I do want to reach out to her and say, hey, what do you think.
Speaker 7: The reason I asked is something I actually learned from JJ, and I have noticed it myself now that she did a movie with Tofa Grace, and I know he was in that seventies show, and that was like pretty much like all scientology people. And I've noticed that a lot of silence scientology people tend to do movies with other scientology people. Under Under the Silver Under the Silver Lake, she was to for Grace was in that with her. So when I saw to for Grace, I thought of Scientology and I knew we were talking about scientology. So that's why I just asked, because I just looked up the movie now because I was like, I never heard of.
Speaker 8: That, says.
Speaker 9: She quit Scientology as of twenty twenty three and is now just spiritually not affiliated with anyone.
Speaker 8: But she has some interesting tattoos about her brother.
Speaker 16: You're saying, it's independent scientology, make sure of all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at the movies she was in Mad Max. She was you guys got to watch Under the Sea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm check that out.
Speaker 1: Sasquatch Sunset. I don't know she played Sasquatch or he was in that movie. It was an Amazon where it's like a ripoff of Fleetwood mag I forget what's the name of it, but yeah, she's been in a lot of movies. I'm just looking over here.
Speaker 7: Uh, was there anything else that anybody wanted to ask before we wrap it up?
Speaker 8: Interesting?
Speaker 11: Oh? Sorry, hydie me instrumpt here.
Speaker 10: I'll just say I do think that the badge thing was interesting from a magical perspective. You could consider like badges to have a kind of coubalistic or Masonic, which is obviously also kabbala, just in a different, slightly different maybe context. But yeah, so if you had the collection of badges, you could also like that the collection of degrees, like magical order degrees.
Speaker 11: And yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: The police sons too, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 8: There's no help for the widows JJ.
Speaker 2: Sorry, is that is that another moment thing too?
Speaker 8: Yes, it's Mason Mormons the same.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she said, that's the last words of Joseph's Yeah, it really was allegedly Really.
Speaker 13: Wait what was it? What was his last words?
Speaker 9: It's a Masonic cry for help? It's is there no help for the widow's son? And he was a Mason, but also he was screwing everybody's wives, so they were kind of uh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but apparently so was Elvis. Right, he was screwing everybody's wife and.
Speaker 13: More of your times.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Wow, I wonder I have I have a question. I wonder, uh you mentioned the non touch healing that again? Now, Actually I want I bet all of us have experienced reiki at least here, right, that's a common non touch healing practice. I wonder what what is the one of the more striking experiences of maybe the non touch healing or just in general of his telepathic powers were one of those stories that were really striking.
Speaker 1: God, there's so many, yeah, I mean, he was able to manipulate weather, he could make objects move against astral travel, stories of him creating force fields, God, there's so many. But the healing was very important to him because of where he came from, So he was just a healing freak, and it was mostly The blue light is very important throughout the book. When Elvis was born, his father went outside to have a cigarette and this blue alien light appeared over the house and froze all sound and the wind stopped and Vernon his father freaked out. He was having a cigarette ran in while Gladys was it was in labor. So the blue light followed. And you see that all through Elvis' life, you know, you see blue and so many of his songs. His biggest hits were like Blue Hawaii and Gi Blues. The day he died, he was wearing blue pajamas. Oh this blue light. I show him the book as blue is everywhere. When he healed, he would always imagine a blue light. And I've done shows with like James True on the blue Light. You know, humans only discovered the blue light a few thousand years ago, and people with blue eyes are freaks. We only appeared later in history because of some Yeah yeah, green too, Yeah, you'd have to put green too, but blue was important. So he was a healing beast. I mean, Priscilla says he could heal her headaches at a touch. He could heal people's hurt backs, and then sometimes they were just incredible. Like one time they were in Colorado snowboarding and they're having fun and one a person is entourage, hits a pole, breaks his leg and they're all freaking out. Weve got to take him to the hospital. And I was like pushes him back so like, I don't have time for this, puts his hands on his legs and heals his broken leg. There was another time where he's driving around in his limo and Memphis and he sees a bus over the sidewalk and the drivers outside like grabbing his chest having a heart attack, and Elvis goes up to him, puts his hand, You're gonna be all right, and he does, you know again the blue light healing and heals him from his heart attack. He could heal a friend of his his child had a really bad fever. Elvis, like Russia's, leaves his house, goes to his friend's house and puts his hand on the kid and the fever breaks. I mean, it's just the instances are baffling, and they're a lot, and they're incredible. And again there were always eye witnesses there. There was you know, two or three people present when Elvis was doing his power. But he couldn't heal himself again, he just couldn't. He did use certain technique, like once he had a sore throat and he used some esophagal Alice Bailey's spell and he was able to heal his throat and this and that, But for the most part, Yeah, he did it for other people.
Speaker 13: That's the kind of guy you want to have around. Geez, that's sure.
Speaker 8: They're usually a hot mess though. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: He cured a hangover. So after Saturday night wonders.
Speaker 13: Terrific guy. I'm on board.
Speaker 2: That's too. I get into it too much because we all wrapping it up. But I would even think we go.
Speaker 7: Haven't you even noticed sometimes some sort of blue light experience, even amongst occultist stories.
Speaker 1: Very predominant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you will hear about that every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and UFO encounters. Yeah, yeah, mine is always on this ship. Whitley streamer talks about when the visitors come, a blue light would appear. So I'm doing the research, I'm like, oh my god, this blue thing is all over the place. And occultism, yourthology, mysticism, Krishna was blue. You just see it everywhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, something interesting with that. But uh, thank you well again for coming on. That was really interesting talk. That was amazing, Miguel.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it real quick.
Speaker 1: Miguel.
Speaker 7: Let everybody know where they can find your stuff and whatever you want to blug please.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, yeah, and thanks for great questions. Guys, you did a great job. I really appreciate it. Good convo right now. I would send people to just Miguel Connor dot com my name, because you go to the website and it's like two roads. One is the am Bite, my gnostics stuff, the other one is my you know, substack, Elvis books all that. So send people to Miguel Connor dot com and decide where do you want to go. Can subscribe to my substack, order the book online, or look at all my social media. So that's the place to go.
Speaker 7: Awesome, Thank you so much, my man. I really appreciate it. Everybody else, I'll you know, you can check their stuff out. Their links are in the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That is the end of another Occult Rejects and until the next one, everybody be well.
Speaker 2: We're calling it a proud.
Speaker 20: I can't walk out.
Speaker 8: We caught down it too much paving.
Speaker 20: Why can't you see what you do with me?
Speaker 2: When you don't believe the world.
Speaker 20: I say, we can't go on together. We're suspicious, we can't build God brea art Spicuous by