Speaker 1: Uh, what's up you guys. Welcome to our thingy thing. It's me Cecily Knobler here with Stephanie Wilder tailor. Hi, Guysy's did I say Guysy's? No, I'm making it. I think I said it first. Oh I said thingies. I don't know what I said. I don't. Have you ever been so tired that you started like laugh crying because that was yesterday for me. But that's okay if you haven't, like like almost like the Joker, which is kind of a perfect segue to today's thing. But do you know what I mean? Like I was crying and I'm so upset that I just started laughing, and I was like, oh, this doesn't feel. This isn't good.
Speaker 2: Are you not sleeping?
Speaker 1: Well, well, it's computer crashing. Something about technology breaks really breaks my head. Like I cannot handle technology issues when I'm under pressure. Right, does everybody? I wonder if everybody has that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think everybody who's of our generation, right, so we weren't raised on it, Like my kids don't get stressed out of that technology.
Speaker 1: Oh but your kids aren't like facing deadlines? Well, they are probably for school for homework and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean sometimes, but they they're just not scared of every new app. They're just like, oh cool, cool, I'll just do a new app. And I'm like, wait what.
Speaker 1: My friend put it really well. Once I'm it's a friend of mine. I couldn't figure out the critics app. You know, we're given like this app and you have to have like nine steps of the authenticate it, you know, which is understandable, and because we get movies on the app. But my friend was like, think of every step as a little fun like a game, like a challenge. Like it's like a game, like if you're playing Tetris, you're doing it for the same reason. So just think of it as like tetris.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's so. And it really kind of weirdly helped me. It does not help me when my computer completely crashes and I lost all my work, Like that's different. But if I have to like figure out passwords and set something up, like I don't love it, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just don't like that everything has to be set up. This morning, I wanted to buy something on Poshmark and I don't know, I guess I hadn't used it. Don't get excited.
Speaker 1: I literally I.
Speaker 2: Bought used flip flops. So I'm not bragging, but I did something that a lot of people would be grossed out by. But I'm like, hey, these flip flops that I wanted are normally if I buy them new, they're ninety dollars.
Speaker 1: What are they like gucciese.
Speaker 2: No, they're face flops like the I like the fit of fit flops. They're kind of flip flop. They're like the doctor's shoals of Yeah, they're kind of squishy and they're they're very supportive. I can walk in them for a long time. So I wanted them and I found some on Poshmark. But I go to go on pop Poshmark and it's like, uh, you need to get verified by okay if this is your you know. I go to sign in and they're like not so fast, beef everything. What do they think I'm doing? Like I'm buying shit?
Speaker 1: Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What am I up to? I'm not robbing a bank, Like, I don't know why you need the government involved in verifying me.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know that it's so much the government. I don't know. They're probably protecting us, but it's just exhausting and I hate saying this. I well, I'm not even gonna say it. I was gonna say something. I hate saying so much that I'm not going to say it because I am woman. Hear me roar. I can fucking figure it out.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I can figure it out, and if I can't, we'll pay a man to do it. Okay, not that they're better than us, not that they're better, it's just usually when and I have, by the way, had geek Squad come before, and a couple different times, and one time it was a to different women and they were just as great as though that's like shocking they were. I don't remember if it was the guy or the woman. When the Geeks Squad came, they were like going, you know how they're just typing on stuff all day and doing weird shit and You're like what And they were like, you google yourself a lot, and I'm like, how would you even know that? And they can see every single time, like years past, nothing is it's all there right, Well, I just got to see what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm just shocked that they would they would comment that just seems so we're completely wrong that they would say something about what you're doing online.
Speaker 1: It's I don't remember hating it. I thought it was really funny. I just don't remember. I think we were I think they were there for a while and we just became buddies. Oh but in conclusion, speaking of people that are not buddies and speaking of jokers and people who have gone insane, today's topic is Jared Letto so obvious? Yeah? Perfect? Yeah, some say Leto, some say Letto. I say Leto. I think it's Leto, but don't at this.
Speaker 2: Point, it doesn't give them. It doesn't matter what the fuck we called him. Callin jaredy bad person. Okay, can I just say this at this point, he and Russell Brand need to wear an name tags because this isn'tsan Like. What is it with these weird CULTI fucking freaks that they have to look like Russell Brand. It's like a uniform.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And it's so I thought I had the same exact thought. Not I'm not trying to rag, I'm just honestly thought the same thing based on a lot of things. Yes, they look like I mean I would say that, Yeah, they do look like Yuard back in the day was better looking than Russell ever could have dreamt of being. But they do have similar Yeah, it's not just the hair. There's like a similar weird bone structure, Like what is going on? Yes, oh my god, wait, remember that guy that I went out with that kept saying that we live in a simulation because he was burning me on like once and You're like, oh my god, calm down. Now, I feel like maybe he's right, and I because maybe that's just the type. This is the character in the video game who is Jared Letto slash Russell Brand.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of people might not even know what we're talking about, although I feel like they should at this point. Yeah yeah, so uh, I mean, we can tell you all that. But I also just want to say before we even get into it, that I find it absolutely insane that this has been going on. Apparently these allegations first came out in six oh six.
Speaker 1: Not only that, I mean, not only that, We've done a whole show about this. We've done it was either a Patreon or a regular show, but I think we did a full hour on him. We dug up everything there is to talk about. I even told a personal story which I'm gonna tell again. And the reason we're talking about again is because there's so many new allegations and this is this is, like you said, it's one of those where you're like, oh, yeah, I'm not shocked.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You see on the news and you're like, that guy killed a bunch of people. That guy did that, no way, But this one it's like yeah, yeahweh yahweh yeah yeahweh.
Speaker 2: I just said I'm freaking creepy. And here's another thing I just want to say before we even get started. I don't know why. Okay, so this this documentary came out and all these people are up in arms because in the documentary some women made accusations and then it turns out there's been other accusations. But I just want to say, why are we now like, of course he did that. Of course he's gross and creepy. But when it was Michael Jackson, we were like, no, those boys are lying liars.
Speaker 1: We didn't say that. Why do some people say that? I know, I thought they were liars.
Speaker 2: I bet you none of those same people. I bet you they're all ready to.
Speaker 1: Interesting Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, some people are just so famous. It almost seems like, you know, no pun intended, they're untouchable. You know, it's sort of like no way, they're not even real. They're not real people, and you're trying to bring down I. Yeah, I don't know. I'm Michael Jackson. Probably also had a lot more money for a better PR team to fight against it. You know who knows we fight with bots a lot.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that Jared Lido's band is not doing so well?
Speaker 1: That he can do is thirty seconds to mus He's amazing? Okay, So first off, story, Yeah, let's get in. Okay, I don't even know where to search shud I tell Yeah, my story isn't And I know you're going to ask a lot of follow up questions the journalists in you, but I promise you I'm only telling you what I know, and I don't know what happened. So I'm just going to tell you a story so years ago, like I want to say, in two thousand, so I'm like twenty fucking five years ago. It's crazy two thousand and one. My friend my friend, really, she was a friend of my friends. So I'll but I'll just say she was my friend because I knew her, but I didn't know her well. She worked. Do you remember the story? She worked at a restaurant on Melrose and the restaurant had an indoor and outdoor part and I don't remember the name of it, and she had to like run in and you know, in and out with Oh.
Speaker 2: I remember, Okay, yes, I remember this story. Yeah, said, I want to hear it again.
Speaker 1: It was like pretty young and like really cute, aspiring actor. I think she became an actress and a working actress.
Speaker 2: And she.
Speaker 1: Came in. It was before cell phones, so her boss or somebody at the restaurant was like, someone on the phone for you, yes, yeah, this is so creepy. And she's like why, like who would be calling me here? Like what the hell? And they're like, well, they didn't ask by name. They just wanted to know the woman in the like pink sweater. So she's like, oh what, she's wearing a pink sweater. So she gets on the phone and it's Jared, allegedly Jared Letto. Can we just what is his name? Should you look it up? So this is I think it's Jared Jared, So it's him, It's Jared and he's like I saw I was just driving by and I saw you. Dude was driving down Melrose, saw a hot woman in a tight sweater serving food at a restaurant doing her job. Fucking calls the restaurant and put me on the phone with the pink and this is you know. I mean, he was famous, he'd already been Jordan Catalana from my so called life, and so he was and he was hot. So I think he was probably very used to kind of getting whatever he wanted. But now now we're in the weirdest territory. It's not like it was Starcross Levers and he shot his shot. This guy probably just roamed around La all day. I don't remember what happened, but I do not think she went out with him. But I could be wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I feel like when you first told me the story like she had a boyfriend, I do not remember that.
Speaker 1: And if I said that, I was probably adding it. Wow, I do not remember that at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I'm adding it. Why do you immediately think you are lying?
Speaker 1: I can find out from my friend, but I probably never will. But I know that I know that he called the restaurant, who was like girl with the sweater. That's gross that it's so gross, it's just so crazy. It's not the first time like a celebrit has been you know, entitled or felt entitled. But it's still kind of factors in because.
Speaker 2: Yes, so should we tell people, like, should we kind of go over what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us the first part because the thing I have open is one of his requests, want of a disturbing request, which is a newer story. So tell us about the new accusation. The BBC basically put out a documentary, right, yes, start with that. And this is although we had a lot of this information already from other stuff. We've talked about their new documentary which is called Jared Whatever, Hollywood's Dark Secret. And they're loving this because you know, they already they brought down Russell Brand. So there's a team of people that they're like, oh, you better come up with a good one. So they did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just found another another story. This is this is going to have to be too about Jared Leado. Okay, so okay, it's really gross, but I want to get to I want to tell the just the main story.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell the main story, and then I'm going to tell you about Clara, who is one of the accusers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so many. If you're on page six, it's like I am by Jared Lida's disturbing request.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to get to underage accuser. But wait, let's tell who what's going on first in the documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to find like a main story, but okay, I have I have a thing. The main story is that there's a documentary about these four women who have accused him of like sexual assault, of rape, of all the things. But also most of them were teenagers at the time that he was up to no good. Okay, so I am just going.
Speaker 1: To I can I've got some of them up. I mean, there's these four main ones, but more have come out as we even started doing the story, which is so which is we're having a hard time keeping up because and by the time this air is actually there's probably going to be even more. And I can almost guarantee he's going to say any of those. Yeah, I've got the BBC article up. If you want me to just say, okay, yeah, let's get into those. Okay, so four women, this is the newest thing. But then there's there's another nine more. Okay, but four women have accused him of criminal sexual conduct, with the alleged offenses having taken place when they were teenagers. One of the women says she was sexually assaulted in a motel bathroom when she was seventeen. Another said he threatened her with sexual assault when she was nineteen and had been unexpectedly left alone with him in a hotel room. It's a different one.
Speaker 2: A third describes how she had underage sex with him in California when she was seventeen, which would be statutory rape. Leito shrugged off a conversation about the age of consent being eighteen in the US, she says. A fourth woman describes being groomed, saying he abused his celebrity status by making repeated sexually explicit phone calls to her when she was sixteen. I believe it, and on at least one occasion, she says, he suggested they should have sex. She was subsequently sent a non disclosure in NBA to prevent her from talking about her relationship with him, which the BBC has seen. However, she refused to sign it, and then for further women also say they received strange and often very sexual phone calls from him when they were young.
Speaker 1: The phone call thing. Yes, oh my god, he just is like a creepy guy who like calls people and breathes into the phone.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you a quick side note about that where I went to college. I went to university at American University in DC, right, and the president of our university at the time was removed while I was there, I believe, my first year, because he'd got caught just calling random people in the phone book and masturating the president of my fucking college. So I can imagine, not that I want to Jared kind of doing this, like that's his thing, Like, hey, tell you, what are you doing looking at boom? All right, so let me just tell you about one of the ladies because I have this up, and then we we can move around, I guess. But this is when they're using false names for the documentary, of course, but one of according to page six, one of his underage sexual assault accusers said that he asked that she call him Daddy when they had sex, so she's referred to as Clara in this BBC documentary. She says she met him in two thousand and six. As you said, she's seventeen. He was thirty four at one of his concerts. Okay, so, and the pictures of him in like different robes and eyeliners just mortifying.
Speaker 2: It's just if you want to know what Jared Leto or Lido looks like, just imagine Russell Brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with even more makeup, a lot more. I mean, I do find Jared more attractive if we're just stripping all the other stuff away, if I'm honest. Okay, After the concert, he and Jared, She and Jared allegedly went back to his I was in California, as you just said all that, so he told me I would like you to call me daddy, she says in the documentary. And it was either pretend to be a little girl or my little girl. Oh my god, oh my god, what she said. She was so naiven, vulnerable in the moment. She didn't realize that his behavior wasn't normal, as he said, it was only at that time that I realized how scary that really was. She alleged that she went to his house three or four times. Also claimed that the Oscar winner shrugged off that's what you already said. It wasn't a huge concern for him. There's no well adjusted man in his thirties who's going to look at a teenager and think she would be a great partner. And then, as you said, she's one of the four women that has accused, just at least in this story, there are other people. Can I tell you about another one? Yeah, Alex? Okay, So there's Alex, Clara, Isabelle, and Eta not real. Isabelle alleged that Jared sexually assaulted her in the motel bathroom when she was seventeen, Okay, said that Alex threatened her when she was nineteen. Okay, and Eda accused him of grooming her when she was sixteen. Okay, I guess you said all that, but I just know Okay. Yeah. And in addition, two men who worked with his band, His Stupid Band, claimed in the documentary that staff members were uncomfortable with the actors' interactions with teenage girls, alleging he sometimes invited them backstage to his dressing room or to his house where he was recording. And yes, he's already denied the accusation's page sixcess he's denied all accusations. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, according to the BBC allegations against him have lingered for decades. The BBC has counted more than one hundred and twenty no separate allegations made online relating to his behavior towards women.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, been made online.
Speaker 2: Last year, allegation flared up again when a Los Angeles DJ named Ali t Teals posted on social media saying she'd been assaulted by the actor when she was seventeen, prompting several other women to come forward with similar claims.
Speaker 1: Now, I do have a question. It's going to be a little bit graphic. We should put a trigger on this, Okay, I mean we already did. You're not you guys don't have to be responsible for if we put a trigger warning on the thing. But like when they're saying sexual, are they saying that it's an assault because they were younger? Are they saying that he like are them?
Speaker 2: Uh No, he was. He was assaulting them, like having.
Speaker 1: A far Do you understand what I'm saying? The different like he did? Like like it's still assault. I realized that I'm just saying. Are they also saying that he forced himself on?
Speaker 2: Here? I'll read you, I'll read you. An actual allegation from a from a child. Okay, so uh, let's see in the in the documentary, they describe in detail what happened to them. Okay, this woman now in her forties, well, they're calling her. Isabelle says she only recently stopped blaming herself for the assault that took place in two thousand and two when she was seventeen. So, she says, most of my life I had viewed this event as I was a stupid girl, and so this bad thing happened. She said she agreed to meet him at his hotel after she had shown the actor and his friends around the Las Vegas store where she was working. The address she was given turned out to be a dingy, gross motel, but she says she presumed they'd be heading out somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw her on the other on the YouTube documentary. I know exactly what.
Speaker 2: Isabel says. She was sitting on the bed waiting for him to get ready when he called her into the bathroom so they could talk while he showered, and she says, I don't think there were many words exchanged, and he opened the shower curtain and started kissing me. He then grabbed her hand and used it to masturbate himself. Taken by surprise, the then teenager says she pulled away and told him she wanted to leave, so, putting on a towel, he went outside and appeared to check who was around before letting her out of the room. She only realized when she looked him up online that he was in his thirties. There's a lot of them that are like that, but some of them, let's see. So there's another one that says this other girl when she was seventeen and he was forty one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she says.
Speaker 2: She told him she was seventeen and he replied, age is just a number, and anyway, we're in Europe. Although her phone battery was dying and she felt drunk, she says, one of his assistants encouraged her to go to another party at a nearby hotel. Later, I get into the hotel room, it's really dark, and then I see it's just him. This is on the documentary. Weren't there supposed to be other people, she says. She then asked whether he had a phone charger or any cash so she could get home, and Lido said no to both. Out of options, she considered whether she might be able to sleep on the chaise lounge in the room. When she asked if she could do that, she says, he responded by saying if she did, she would wake up with a dick in her ass.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my god.
Speaker 2: He repeated this several times, and it was then that she realized I'm not safe and left the room. She texted her friend to tell her what happened. He was threatening sexual assault. You should report him, her friend replied, And she tried to dismiss what happened, but she now realizes that the hotel encounter had been all planned out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they are so Harvey Weinstein, right, yes, and setting it up.
Speaker 2: Harvey Weinstein, who's in jail now, right, So, I mean what he did is criminal to children.
Speaker 1: Cosby they finally got Diddy, they got Russell Brand like, they're all in jail, Like do you I think We've got a lot more to talk about, don't don't you wear We've got other allegations. Plus I want to talk about his.
Speaker 2: Cults and some of the cults, some of the things that I've told that I've just read. You are, Yes, he didn't rape the person, but he assaulted that but he assaulted them, but they were also seventeen. But there's many more that he actually assaulted.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay. So it also says like, just because we're there's so many articles popping up, so I'm just going to finish this one and then move on to the next one. But it says elsewhere in this documentary, because I just talked about the other guys that worked in the you know, at like not with the band. They weren't in the band, but they were around the band. It says that the staffers at like some of the places, they were not comfortable with the quote way too big age gap. So it was so obvious. It wasn't even just like oh, hot groupies, you know, I'm a rock star whatever. It was like very young. And the girls that were being allegedly invited backstage, it says, to his dressing room or where he was recording music. So that is so like so scary, very scary. That's the thing where it's like, yeah, you know, they're just going to keep pushing it and pushing it. So this has been going on now, according to like the post and whatever, like you said, for nearly two decades that people have been talking about this that he's been allegedly, according to page the Post, approaching and hitting on teen models at New York City's Maritime Hotel and constantly texting sixteen and seventeen year olds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ifact Also if you look at some of these pictures of him, they are crazy and it looks like a devil worshiper. Like there's one picture i'm looking where he's wearing, Yeah, exactly, but he's in this picture I'm looking at. He's wearing this weird he looks like he's trying to be Dracula. He's wearing this long black like it's like a those red gloves, the red gloves, and then a seat like a like almost like he's wearing a trans a transparent transparent what's the word for a seat through like raincoat under it. So it's with these but so you can just see his body. And he's wearing black boots and like black skin tight briefs and then he has like a knife. Oh I'm chating around his neck.
Speaker 1: Trying a coat. That's a different thing. Oh, yeah, he likes to like I see what you're looking at. Now, I see the clear it's like a little raincoat with short little booty shorts. He's trying to be like Marilyn Manson. Yes, he's like which but ps also and that's another one where we're like, no, duh, now listen, I don't want to just like I love you know me, I love I love a goth.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying like, oh, because you dressed like that, then you're this person. Robert Smith would never and he would dress like he might wear something a little bit like that, but not quite. But I'm just saying when it does.
Speaker 2: Smith is emo, not trying to be like sexual so sexual about it.
Speaker 1: He's just he just sings to his beloved Mary and that is just the truth. Been married forever and he loves her so much and I love him so much and that will never change. Nothing will change that. But Jared each thing, Yeah, he's just tea is So he's got that like narcissism one oh one thing that Russell Brand has, which we're going to get to probably in the next Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Marilyn Manson and Marilyn.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson, this is so.
Speaker 2: Marilyn Manson coded right now, totally totally.
Speaker 1: But it's just interesting that people and they have been saying things people do, say things like people that worked on set or with his stupid, stupid band saying things like yeah, I mean they do seem like a little young. You're seeming a little young, and he is he likes to play it seems like he likes to play this role.
Speaker 2: So before we're getting nine Yeah, but hold on, I'm going to read you one more before we before we break. But a fourth woman claims she met him at because this is I'm reading from this article about nine more people she met him at. You know, of course, it's our joke. They always have to tell you what they're known for. She met the quote Dallas Buyers Club. Are you looking at that? No, but I know that I knew that at an eighteen plus club, where she was allegedly approached by his assistant who asked for her number. She was twenty okay, so younger than my daughter. I know it might be annoying that I like to compare it, but these are my children, right right, Like, I can't imagine, you know, somebody younger than one of my twins that he's doing this to them. So she says, we ended up hooking up a little at the club and they hung out a few times at his house, but he was weird. She said, look, I know some people are kinky and that's fine, but this kind of kink it just didn't feel right. And then oh, okay, so during so this is another accuser. He started sending her flirty, flirty texts when she was underage, and when she turned eighteen, he pulled his penis out and just started masturbating. And he walked over, grabbed her hand, put it on him, leaned in and said, I want you to spit on it.
Speaker 3: Ew ew Oh my god, that has to be the name of this episode. Though I want you to spin on it, not too gra that's a little graphic.
Speaker 2: So he was always having these parties and they would have like it says, the ratio would be sixty very young women to four or five men, and then the whole thing would be trying to get anyway. Okay, well, we have to get into so much more about Jared Leto, So let's let's do that in a part two. Okay, we'll see you in one second. In the meantime, we'll look up how to pronounce the name. I feel like we should know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bye,