Speaker 1: Five o five. I think a five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, some say will.
Speaker 1: Soon work her perfectly time SoundBite. What the hell? What the hell is going on Los Angeles anyway? Anyway, it is Monday and a happy one to you. Got Christopher smithvent every Monday. It's seven twenty today, no different from the North. He'll join us for the Smith event fromer Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Always appreciate hearing from Christopher, and we'll do just that at seven twenty Money Money with Brian James. Another typical event eight oh five with Brian James, Stock futures based on the news, China jobs data do you have Tesla stock? This about saving debt and buy now slash pay later. Those are three topics with Brian James again eight oh five for that, follow by Krista Power, executive director of Giving Voice Foundation. We have yet another bourbon Raffle fundraiser for charity. It's a pretty good one too. Christ is going to give us a details on that at age forty.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you have a topic you'd like to talk about, feel free to call. Always enjoy hearing from the listeners. Five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talking pound five fifty on EH and T Funds and don't forget fifty five Caresey dot com and going over there to the blog page podcast page. Hope you had fun at Donna Schwabin schwabin Fest. I would love having those guys in the studio on Friday. Todd Zenzer for the citizens of the City of Cincinnati, A uh, he's a gift. It's his hobby to look into, look into the Shenanigans, Sincini City Council and the mayor. And there are plenty of him to look into. Keeps him busy in his spare time. So I also at Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, one of the most important segments on the morning show during the week that can be so bold. And it's a scary place out there anyhow, And the protests continue, and they're probably going on right now, stretching all the way into a third night last night, and I found this particularly interesting, at least in so far as developments concerned. Things have been pretty chaotic since Friday and Ice. All they were doing is their job, arresting. In the words of the well Powers that be the worst of the worst. I got a list of quite a few of them, and you gotta wonder, why is it or how is it that there are folks out there protesting the rest of all these dangerous criminals. And we find out that a lot of the migrant progress protests out there are fueled by tex Fair funded groups all with well well it ties to the Democrats of course, also ties to the Chinese Communist Party. Now, you know, you may think it sounds conspiratorial, but if you're the Chinese, you hate us, and you've been well of course inundating US with fentanyl, putting in spying operations, and kill switches on solar panels so they can shut down the electric grid, on and on and on and on. I mean, no friend of the United States of America is a Chinese Communist Party. Of course you would fund these protest organizations. Absolutely. It's the kind of thing we do all the time around the world through CIA operations, Foemen unrest, you know, attacking governments that are unfriendly the United States of America. I mean, we've been doing this forever, so of course they are. This just helps them every little bit they can do to divide and divide us roll results in conquer, you know, divide and conquer anyway, Los Angeles Police Department announced yesterday evening that the entire downtown Los Angeles area has been the declared an unlawful assembly area, an expansion of the earlier order from early in during Sunday Unlawful assembly declared for the protests that were going outside the Metropolitan Dependent Detention Center. Well, now it's the entire city of Los Angeles. But the police are overwhelmed. The police chief even said, so, we're overwhelmed, and all Democrats are screaming about Donald Trump calling in the National Guard to try to help deal with the violence. Violence that involves some pretty horrific acts too. I mean, you can see the video images. Guess what, there's video cameras out there, and it's like twenty four to seven picking up giant chunks of concrete and throwing them at ice vehicles and throwing them at law enforcement officers who are only doing their job opposing federal immigration operations. It's the law of the land. And they make it sound like they're going in and kicking indoors of people's ums and arresting mothers with children and you know, it's like, no, they're really going after the most dangerous of them. Got a horrific list. It was Friday alone to Wartonhomeland Security Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin. Why do Governor Newsom in Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass care more about violent murderers and sex offenders than they do about protecting their own citizens. These rioters in Los Angeles are fighting to keep rapists, murderers, and other violent criminals loose in Los Angeles streets. Instead of rioting, they should be thanking ice officers every single day. Wake up and make our community safer. Yeah, arrested forty nine year old Chong Chan Fan, illegal alien from Vietnam with a criminal history, including convictions for second degree murder. Convicted is shooting up a high school graduation party after a dispute, killing an eighteen year old to fifteen year old. Seven others injured in the incident, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Now, as I read through this list, and I know they've picked out the worst of the worst to demonstrate the type of people that they're arresting, But how in the hell is it that these people were out on the street in the first instance, How could that possibly happen? Rolando Veracion Enriquez, fifty five year old illegal alien from the Philippines convicted of burglary, sexual penetration with the foreign object, and an assault with intent to commit rape. This guy was out on the streets and we had to rely on ICE to pick him up. Liono Sanchez Laguna, fifty five year old Mexican national, arrested on Friday. Criminal history includes discharging a firearm in an inhabited dwelling and vehicle battery on spouse or cohabitant, WillFull cruelty to a child, driving into the influence, assault with the semi automatic firearm, and personal use of a firearm. This guy's out. Los Angeles police didn't pick him up. Ice to pick him up. Forty four year old Armando or Does of Mexico. Criminal history, sexual battery, receiving known or stolen property in petty theft. Francisco Sanchezerula, thirty eight, of Mexico, arrested Friday. Had previously been arrested for grand theft, larseniti in possession of a prohibited weapon. Forty two year old Jose Gorgio Gregorio rather Midiranda or Tees, Ecuadorian national, previously arrested and convicted of conspiracy to possess five kilograms or more of cocaine with distribution intent Wana vessel in Tampa vessel in Tampa, Florida. Victor Mendozo Aguilar thirty two, Mexico, had been previously convicted of crimes including possession of unlawful Parafernitian, possession of controlled substances, assault with the deadly weapon, and obstruction with a public officer. Delphino Aguilar Martinez, Mexico, arrested Friday, had previously been charged and convicted with assault with the deadly weapon with great bodily injury. Forty three year old Jose Cristabaal Hernandez Boutron, illegal alien from Peru, one of those arrested Friday, previously convicted of robbery. Thirty two year old Hondora national Jordan Marcurio mezz Equivel close Enough previously convicted or distributing narcotics and domestic violence. Jesus Alon Hernando Morales, Mexican national arrested, are previously convicted of conspiring to transport an illegal alien into the United States. All these folks among the others who have been arrested because they are illegally in our country, and they also happen to be criminals. How is it that they are out on the streets. Who advocates releasing people who are known criminals dangerous to the community. Who advocates for that. I don't think it's conservative minded folks. I don't think it's the law abiding of minded folks. I think it may be groups with ties to leftist Marxist organizations sadly funded by the United States taxpayer dollars. In California is one of them. They they get tens of millions of dollars of this coalition of human immigration, immigrant rights, cure law who advocates for allowing these folks to remain in the country in violation of law. Immigrations and customs are enforcing the law. The rioters, the protesters, people shutting down streets, throwing giant chunks of concrete incendiary devices, those are the ones who are not in favor of enforcing the law. They also set weymos on fire. The driverless taxis what did the weymouth folks have to do with this? And you know when you set an electric vehicle on fire, which they are. You know, those cause toxic fumes be released in the area. I think can reconcile their their anti pollution climate change predispositions or arguments with setting away mo on fire, releasing toxic fumes and probably carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Demonstrators are throwing tree branches, scooters, fireworks, and debris from a freeway overpass onto police vehicles on Highway one oh one, which was shut down by the protesters, the main thoroughfare that's the main highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco. They shut it down, and they're blaming Trump for sending in the National Guard. When the Los Angeles police chief admitted that they were overwhelmed, me set it looters ransacking stores. LA Police Chief Jim McDonald called the barbarity disgusting. He's referring to the rioters, the people that are looting, the people that are throwing dangerous and scendiary device and chunks of concrete and other items, including scooters, onto law enforcement officers. At least three officers were injured. McDonald the police chief, we are overwhelmed tonight. We had individuals out there shooting commercial grade fireworks at our officers that can kill you. And when Donald Trump orders the National Guard in in an effort to stop the violence, Governor Newsom's response is to file a lawsuit over the National Guard deployment in spite of the fact that the local police department there admittedly overwhelmed. Now do you think the rioters and the protesters, just by mere virtue of the fact that they declared all of Los Angeles, all of it a no protest zone, an unlawful assembly area. Do you think they're gonna listen to that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, oh, it's an unlawful assembly area. Let's just go home. Anybody see that happening? I don't. So you have a police department that is admittedly overwhelmed, they can't deal with what's on their hands. They declare the entire area an unlawful assembly area. And then what what happens if the folks don't go home? What if they continue throwing things and breaking things, and and and engaging in violence on the street directed and not only ICE agents, but now National Guard folks as well as, of course the Los Angeles Police Department. Wouldn't you be thankful if you live in Los Angeles? Wouldn't you be thankful that the LAE, the National Guard is going to show up to help the Los Angeles Police Department deal with this outlandish, outrageous violence. I don't get it. Well, I do get it. This is exactly what they want. They the evil forces that hate America, whether they're here within the country, and they're convinced that America is just this terrible thing, this entity that shouldn't even exist, that needs to be remade from whole cloth, and some I don't know, socialists, Marxist leftists, whatever country throughout the constitution, let's start from scratch. There's a multitude of entities out there that feel that way, including the Chinese Communist Party. There's a lot of them. I imagine Jezienpining is just smiling with glee over watching the whole thing unfold. And you know, I predicted this a long time ago. I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world that recognized when you have ten to twenty million illegal immigrants come into the country and Donald Trump may get elected and promised to remove them, that they would be out in the streets protesting any effort whatsoever. To remove them from the country in spite of the fact that they have no right to be here. You knew this was coming. Question is how long is it going to last? And will the American people stand for it? Usually they don't. Marxists love when police stayed, when the police state, which I love to call it, reacts against this type of violence. These protests. They want to see police interaction. They want to show and visualize police brutality. They think that's going to serve their interest. You know, like George Floyd, I had a blown out of proportion a little bit, wasn't it. So they can demonize the police force and undermine public safety. And look what happens when you undermine public safety. Los Angeles Sanctuary City, Los Angeles defund the police hotbed. Los Angeles police overwhelmed by the violence. Five fifty five KRC detalk station got Tom on the line. If you have to take your call time, just hold on a moment. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC this September our Ihawks station.
Speaker 1: There it is. I said, I told Joe, we need to break out bad religion. Los Angeles is burning, so broke it out. He did bout twenty four, jumping straight over to the phone. Sorry, I had to get that out of my system there. I was waiting for that song.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 1: Thank you for abiding my desire to hear that song appropriately timed. It is Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for holding Brian.
Speaker 3: How about we give a national ID badge. You can't cross back and forth across the border. You can't get a job, you can't go to school, can't go to a hospital, can't do anything open a bank account without an ID.
Speaker 1: What's your thought, Oh, it sounds rather orwellian to me. I mean, the border is pretty much closed down, so we kind of solved that problem. The problem is we're just not enforcing the laws here in the United States. We're letting evil people out on the streets. We're not following. I mean, look at immigration and customs enforcement trying to enforce the law and met by rioters and protesters with rocks and brick and fireworks and throwing scooters on police officers and all kinds of crazy craft. I don't think a national idea would solve the problem of riots. Trying to enforce the law results in violence and chaos. I mean, I hear what you're saying, you know, everybody get a number. That sounds familiar. I know the Bible speaks of that, but I don't know. I really don't, And I'm sure there would be some sort of legal challenge to that because of the constitution, that pesky constitution, which stands in the way of so many efforts to I don't know, bring about stability. It's complicated, my friend, extremely complicated. Can't answer that one. I don't know that that would actually solve the problem.
Speaker 6: But you know, I.
Speaker 1: Look at what we do. We let illegal immigrants come into the country under the Bide administration, and all of them are entitled to hook themselves up to the social welfare safety net? Should that even be possible? Would a national ID problem solve that? Perhaps maybe a step in that direction. But how they were able to hook themselves up to the umbilical court of government in the first place is always puzzling to me that someone who has no right to be in this country can have access to public schools and public welfare system. Should that even be a thing? That was one of the reasons so many people came the word got out. The United States has given away free stuff and things to everybody who comes into the country. They're not gonna stop you at the border. They're gonna let you in, and then you can go ahead. Your kids can go to school, and you can hook yourself up and get free food and free shelter at hotels. Previously, luxury hotels would cost the average person four hundred bucks a night. No, they've been taken over and you get to stay there for free. Go ahead, come on in. You'll tell me this is It wasn't a concerted effort, intentionally done five twenty seven to fifty five Kcity Talk station local stories coming up. Alternatively, phone calls five on three seven four nine, fifty five eight hundred eight two three be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station thirty on a Monday.
Speaker 1: And a happy one see you trying to make it happy anyway, amid all the chaos to the phones we go got a couple of callers online order which they receive means Tom's first Jay, hang on a second Tom, welcome on the program, and a happy Monday to you.
Speaker 7: Good morning, search, have a good weekend.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 1: Ultimately it turned out to be very nice. Thank you very much. I see you. See since athletics opening a new one hundred and thirty four million dollar indoor facility. Joe Drecker wrote, Tom was here on a picture of the building.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some more above one of the ceilings on the drywall, I wrote, don't vote Democrats. So maybe in a few years and maintenance guy will open it up to get to something that'll he'll see it and yeah, it was time capsule or something like that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm heading the now, so I'm pretty much sick of that place. But it is a cool looking building, So it is if you're a UC fan, and it is definitely something that well, I don't know if you'll ever get to get in there and see it. It's pretty much athletics and players only. But anyway, this whole thing with the riots out there, Hey, a good song to put in there was. I don't know what the name of it is, but but one of the one of the parts of it is what the hell is going on? Well, it's pretty obvious what's going on. Like you said, it's done intentionally.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: I absolutely believe that this is all part of the plan to uh to try to bring the country down at least an area of the country to start with. And it's no surprise that it's happening in La a bastion of liberal policies. And and they not only let people do allow people to do stuff, but they encourage this kind of behavior. And uh and the fact that the politicians like Newsom and and the others are are not supporting the efforts of law enforcement, they are actually uh coming law enforcement, all it does is make it worse. But again, it's no surprise. What would you expect to happen. And I'm I'm glad that at least this president has decided to uh to get involved in that and do something to knock down the violence. That's exactly what should they should be doing. I used to be doing their job. And the police are trying to do the best they can put this riot down, end it, and let these people know that the adults are in charge and we're no longer going to tolerate this kind of behavior. And you know, I got a touch on this Coco golf thing. This tennis player I remember a few years ago, she was in wim Wimbledon. I don't know, she's fifteen maybe at the time or something like that. And I remember, you know, feel like, hey, this is a great story, young kid coming up, and she didn't win that year, she did pretty good, and I root it for because what Because she's an American. That's why I wrote it. Rooted for even though you know, and I'm using Coco's words, I don't look like her, I still rooted for her because she's an American. And this young lady has decided to get political and show her ignorance and stupidity to all the world and only referring to people that she wants to inspire people that look like her. Well, you're not patriotic, young lady. You're being ridiculous. You're being ignorant. You're believing crap that people are feeding you. Yeah, and what you need to do is pay very close attention to this advice. Don't quote democrat.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Brian, Thanks Tom, appreciate that. Yeah, prominent people, I guarantee you are targeted specifically by these outrageous leftist anti American organizations, pressured through social media posts and probably through direct outreach to advocate for their insanity because they have well a news media that's interested in talking to them because they are public figures. That's why I don't talk about what Hollywood celebrities are saying. I don't give a wit what some Hollywood celebrity thinks. I don't care what side of the political ledge they come from one person out there in the world. But because they are celebrities, and because they are news worthy at least in the hearts and minds of the mainstream media and of the media outlets, they get traction and therefore their voice is elevated over the voice of the regular average American, who I truly believe are interested in law and order and a safe environment so they can travel down Highway one oh one without having a five hour backup because some crazies are in the street throwing bombs at the police officers. I mean, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. And of course two thousand protesters out of a highway are going to get the news. Of course they are. But what do the vast majority of Los Angelinos think about this? They can't go on with their lives day to day. They're the ones that have to deal with the violence and the criminality of so many of these people who shouldn't be in our country in the first place the use of scarce resources in the form of taxpayer dollars being funneled over to deal with a migrant crisis created by the Biden administration. It's it's crazy, Jay, I'm sorry I had to elaborate on that. I will take your coffe you don't mind holding for a moment amount of time. It's five five, five thirty six, fifty five KR City Talks. Stay sh'p you right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It's tedn and I Weather Foregas thunderstorms are likely, showers are very likely. Seventy five for the high today. Overnight low is sixty with the storms and clouds moving out, sunny skies tomorrow. Low humidity as well, with the highest seventy eight, a few clouds every night, fifty eighth low and on Wednesday sunny, dry and as will be the rest of the week. They're saying eighty two for the high end sixty seven degrees. Right now, time for first traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center. From masash therapy to stress relief in cancer surveillance. The UC Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors call five one three five A five U SEC. See no accidents or other problems around town at the moment, and you're going to find smooth sailing along northbound seventy one seventy five from two to seventy five and erlinger into downtown. That he's sound like on fifty five KRC the talk station five forty if the five KIRCD talk station five one three seven fifty eight hundred eighty three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Let's go to the phones. Jay, thanks so much for holding there. I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 10: Heany Good morning, Brian. I just wanted to state that what we're seeing unfold in LA is the logical outcome of millions and millions and millions of people, decade after decade vote for the policies of the Democrat Party. They are wildly behind Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Eric Swalwell. And if there was election till today, Gavin Newsom, Karen Bath and everybody else whose fingerprints are all over this will get re elected in overwhelming numbers. And this was my point previously last week when I said, at what point we need to stop saying Gavin Newsom and Nancy Pelosi and start saying the people in California choose to live this way, and if they choose communism, and if they choose wlawlessness, and they choose to burn the constitution, at which point do we start facing reality back to the idea of we better put a national divorce in place if we want to cut the cancer out.
Speaker 8: And I know it's unpopular.
Speaker 10: I don't like thinking about it myself, but at what point how bad does it have to get?
Speaker 7: Because here we are spending tax.
Speaker 10: Payers, putting our young men and women in harm's way at the federal level, sending in the National Guard to go clean up a mess the Californians have created, and spending our federal tax payer dollars to take care of what the locals have voted for consistently, year after year, decade after decade after decade after decade, millions of people were doing this. This isn't a Gavin newsomber Nancy Pelosi or Karen Bass's issue. This is a free people living in a state called California, and this is.
Speaker 3: What they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, isn't isn't that kind of what Trump is not? Maybe not national divorce and using it maybe the way you're referring to it. But Donald Trump's threat to cut off funding. We're going to cut off federal dollars. We're tired of you not not complying with federal law. You are not helping us enforce federal law. If you want to change federal law, then get your elected officials in Washington, d c. To propose legislation to do something along the lines of what you want, which is god knows what. But you know, damn well, Jay, that that wouldn't go. That would They couldn't put on paper what they actually want because it would reveal them for who they are. You know, they want to It's it's just a not It's unpopular, wildly unpopular. Poll after poll after poll shows that at least with one on one issue, and that's enforcement of the border and enforcement of immigrations and customs laws and and and and getting rid of at least the most violent of those that should not be here is something that resonates very very positively with the American people.
Speaker 10: So across across Cristy states, you're you're correct, across California, New York, that handful of blue states, the thirteen Blue states.
Speaker 1: You're incorrect, but we live. We live in a constitution which allows the rest of us to have a say in that. So no, California, New York and Illinois do not dominate the narrative. The rest of us have something to say to counter that.
Speaker 8: So we have do we have free states?
Speaker 10: Are they allowed to secede from this? Is it a voluntary union?
Speaker 7: Or are you part of this union at.
Speaker 1: The barrel of a gun? Well, talk to Abraham Lincoln about that exactly.
Speaker 4: But what does the constitution say?
Speaker 1: It says you're allowed to break off, correct, So.
Speaker 4: Let's help now, well and follow the constitution.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the Californians might have a say on whether or not they want to remain in the union. And if they want to remain in the union, which you know they would over and overwhelmingly vote to reject this idea of a national divorce, that it won't go through there, they're going to have change the behavior.
Speaker 11: Though in a hurry.
Speaker 10: Perhaps if we started to say, look, it's clear you don't want to live under the same rules which are the Constitution. You have very different ideas, So let's just get down to it. And I would just love somebody to have that, and Donald Trump might be the right guy to put that threat out there that says, Look, I'm not angry, we're not talking about civil war. But why don't we sit down and figure out how do we carve this out? Because it's very because election after election, decade after decade, you vote against the people in this area. I'm not talking to the politicians millions of people to continue to vote this way. Here's what's going to happen if because we hear you, you don't want to live under this constitution. So you're a national security threat. You are a threat to our viability as a country. You're running our debt through the roof. So yeah, let's sit down and talk about it, get serious about it, and see if that doesn't change behavior versus continuing to throw a red state money at blue state problems.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to argue that the constitution does allow them to choose their political direction. I mean, we live in a country with free speech rights, we live in a country with representative democracy. And if these are the representatives that they elect and this is the direction they want to go, they're entitled to do it. Question is whether we burn they goes it.
Speaker 7: That's freedom.
Speaker 10: I mean freedom has consequences, So this is what they choose. I agree one hundred percent with you, but pull the federal government out of.
Speaker 1: There, but burn, but let it burn. Ice is going in to get rid of folks who should not be here, who are here illegally. They are trying to enforce the law that requires federal authorities to enter this state of California. Who you want to let burn? But then that allows them to get what they want, which is allowed these people to remain in the country. I mean, are we just going to go and say, Okay, California is a wide open entity, it's no man's land. Go ahead and knock yourself out lived there, and if you're an illegal immigrant, you're allowed to go there. Or are we going to have the federal laws in force, which is the only reason Ice is there?
Speaker 11: Haven't we isn't this?
Speaker 10: And by the way, I always enjoyed debating with you, I always lose. But decades ago, California used to be a blue stack red stick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ga.
Speaker 10: The reason it's a blue state is because decades ago they let in a ton of illegals.
Speaker 12: This is done.
Speaker 10: The idea of arn't you know, should we allow them to let legals in?
Speaker 3: Brother, that's over.
Speaker 1: That is old news.
Speaker 10: That is like nineteen eighty something, that that already happened. So now we're going to go do a mocklab mission and try to clean up thirty years of what their state, with their state and local officials they're elected representatives, is allowed to happen. We're going to throw more red state money at trying to clean that up. As soon as we're out of there, guess what's going to happen. They're going to let them back in.
Speaker 1: Well, the illegal point, the illegal immigrants aren't supposed to vote, so to the extent that allowing a bunch of illegal immigrants into the state of California somehow changed the political landscape of the state of California. I don't know. Did they brainwash the people who are eligible to vote. There's a lot going on, you know, there's a whole lot of levels on this one. You know, the political narratives change. Social media has changed things. The dominant left wing bent of media education system has changed the hearts and minds and brainwashed entire generations of people. This has been a slow, steady walk that the left has been able to accomplish. They love just the it's the long game, it's the one hundred year plan, it's you know, the this is the idea. The Left is seeing its goals fulfilled slowly, little by little, and what we are watching is the inevitable result. So maybe we can all learn from this. Maybe this is the turning point. Violence in the street in the sake of allowing criminals to stay in our country who shouldn't be here. I gotta imagine the vast majority of people, even a lot of people in the state of California, just cannot abide this. So we're just gonna have to keep our popcorn out and watch what happens. I get your point. But the devil's in the details. And it's extraordinarily complicated to break ties with a stake because the state is allowed to have a say in its own destiny on that one five forty nine fifty five KIRCD talk station. Affordable imaging services. Do not spend thousands of dollars for eco cardiogram mri CT scan, ultrasound, go tofortable imaging services. Not one of those exceeds four figures period, end of story, full stop. You might pay five thousand dollars for a CT scan at a hospital and you have to wait around a month to get in. Portable imaging service is no contrast. It's four hundred and fifty bucks. It's six hundred with the contrast echo cardigrams again, they'll get you right in five hundred bucks without enhancement eight hundred with you might pay thirty five hundred bucks from more to hospital. So don't do that exercise. You're right when it comes to your medical care, you can do that. I've been to Affordable Imaging Services many times for scans. Never a problem with my doc. And everyone comes with a board certified radiologist report five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand. Online you'll find them at Affordable Meddeimaging dot com. Fifty five KRC talk station. Straight to the phones will go, Fred, Welcome to the morning show. Long time no speak man. Did you get your road paved? I know that's not why you called, but I wanted to find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning. Yeah, I started the second shift and I couldn't call you back. And if Bonnie did get paid, all right, yay, yeah, if Bonnie did get sick.
Speaker 1: I used to bring you up. Go ahead, man, Sorry, no, no. I used to bring you up from time to time. We were talking about roads paved Fred's road. You were in my rallying cry for the mismanagement of road paving in the city. Go ahead, I know you didn't call about that. Fred. Good hear from you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I could start listening to you again now because I'm on a different shift, I can listen to you in the morning.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna try to stay new to as possible. But the first thing, all, let me get your understanding that I understand that it's for the legal uh people that's here in the United States that have done stuff in their country should leave and then we should get them out of here. Yeah, they are no threat. Let me let me say it like this, and for them been a threat to me and my family. They're not a threat to me and my family. Who's a threat to me and my family is my own kind. I'm a sixty year old black man. My black people is a threat to me. Not a Mexican, not a Caucasian. My own people are threats to me. When I say that, I say that in my own neighborhood for us. The drugs that's been going on, it's not sold by Mexicans, it's not sold by cocades, just sold by us. The crime is going into my neighborhood is going on by us.
Speaker 1: Understood, But is it don't I'm just gonna say, isn't it a question of degree? In your area, in your environment, you have identified the largest threat to you, and I get that. But in terms of other neighborhoods and other areas of the country, the larger threat may very well be the trade in Duragua, gangs or illegal immigrants who were let out of prison from their home countries like Venezuela emptied its prisons out and sent them here. They didn't settle in your neighborhood, but if they did, you might have a different viewpoint on that.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you totally on that too. That's why you have some people with a different viewpoint, because if something is not a threat to you, do you don't feel the same way that's a threat to somebody else. A viewpoint sometimes gets through because they look at that way. And once again, I believe they should I should find them and kick them out of the country. I believe that but it should be a level to you know what's going on, and I'll I will quickly say this, and once again I'll look and talk about what I know and the threat is for as me, as far as what we talk about, as for as my friends or the people.
Speaker 3: That I'm around.
Speaker 4: Is this fitting of when you allowed, when they're allowed to Crack to come into the neighborhood and take over with no with no help from the government. But then when fitt doall come, they give them all type of help. We have a Now we look at it like, Okay, Crack was put in there for a reason to destroy. Now says fitting all is taken over. The other side is for US, Caucasian.
Speaker 1: And Mexicans everybody.
Speaker 4: Now it's basically but Crack was a Uh. I'm trying to be polite. Good luck anyway, Like I said, I just want to get that out there. I appreciate it, you know, I'm all listen to you again more. I appreciate you the last caller you had. I love the way that you stay as nutral as possible.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody's got to act like Switzerland and parts through. The Devil's always in the details. And I try to appreciate that and provide some clarity and where I see the problems, because it's easy to have a knee jerk reaction. We need to just get rid of California. Well, you know, Fred, it's a lot more complicated than that. It's a lot more much of the same way the issues you point out. Fred, I'm so glad to hear for you, and I'm glad you tune into the morning show again, and you're always welcome to call in, my friend. It's good to have your perspective. I love hearing from the listeners. It is fine. Fifty seven fifty five KR City Talk Station. More callers coming online, looking forward to talking with them as well. Feel free to call. Be right back.
Speaker 13: Another update coming up. The day's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: Important issues that are facing this country.
Speaker 1: On fifty five krs, The Talks Joe Biden. They were telling us that he was great.
Speaker 13: Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Today at noon on fifty five krs The Talk Station six.
Speaker 1: SO five the fifty five KR se De Talk Station, try to have a happy Monday. It looks like the world spiraling out of control. But before I get to the callers there's a couple online here five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred eight two to three talk pound five fifty on eight and t phones, so to put thing sense of perspective on this. According to the twenty twenty four Statistics city of Los Angeles alone second most populus city in the United States three point eight million people. Three point eight million people Los Angeles metropolitan area have move outside of the confines the city generally twelve point nine million people the streets of Los Angeles. And this again, the entire city of Los Angeles has been declared an unlawful assembly area as a consequence of several thousand protesters. Several thousand protesters were able to overwhelm the entire Los Angeles Police department, at least that's according to what the Los Angeles police chiefs said were overwhelmed. Now, it's kind of a scary thought when you realize that the you know, this small sliver of the population can overwhelm the entire police force so much so that Donald Trump's got to sent in the National Guard, something that Gavin Newsom should have done himself, said he's going to sue the Trump administation administration for nationalizing part of the California National Guard to help bring an end to the violence that's going on. And I would also argue that among these the thousand and just again thousands in a city of multiple millions, within that population, of those that are protesting, some of which are just merely protesting, they're against customs enforcement. They don't like our immigration laws. They don't like Ice fulfilling its obligation to enforce the law. A subset of the protesters generally are the ones that are committing the acts of violence. This isn't every single one of the people throwing rocks and committing acts of violence. It would have been a hell of a lot worse looking had every single person on the street protesting been involved in violence. The whole place has been lit on fire. So it's like terrorists. Terrorists commit horrific acts of violence to give themselves the perception of might and perception of strength, when in fact they only represent the tiniest sliver of violence or agitators or folks that are against the status quo fill in the blanks. Beyond terrorism, you have guerrilla warfare, you know, like Fidel Castro in the hills at Cuba. They had enough people they could actually put together an army, but not a very big one, and then you have national level army military style numbers. So I'm not suggesting for a moment that we shouldn't be concerned about this. We should be worried, of course, that there are people within our society that will commit acts of violence and will, in the name of whatever cause they're fighting for, do something like this. But if this was a widely held belief, if this was a widely held protest, then don't you think there'll be a hell of a lot more than thousands in the streets of a city of three point eight million or a general region of twelve point nine million people. I mean, I've seen protests in other countries, foreign countries where hundreds of thousands of people will come out out and gather in protest. Talk about an overwhelming number, and those hundreds of thousands are still a slice of the general population. And with social media and these political agitators online and sometimes paid the professional agitators showing up, it's easy to start getting some violence together where it gives you the perception, oh my god, the entire country's falling apart. That's exactly what they want. So you know it's bad. Of course it's bad, But is it really as bad as they want you to believe? Are they really illustrative or representative of what the will of the people is? I mean, Fred just called he's a black man, limbered of the black neighborhood. He sees his own people, his own black people, the biggest threat to his existence, the biggest concern for him from a local perspective in Fred's neighborhood. That's what Fred's coming from. But he sounds like a law and order guy. He doesn't want to feel unsafe in his own neighborhood. That's America generally, and I would argue that's the vast majority of us, regardless of political stripe. We want to feel safe coming out of our house. We want to own a gym in over the Rhine and not worry about someone kicking in her front door and killing us. Let's go to the phones west side. Jim, You're first, could hear from you this morning? Jim?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 14: You bring up that that gentleman that owned a Jim that got killed by and stabbed by an intruder. Did you happen to see the interview from his wife.
Speaker 1: Yes I did. I've got the article, multiple articles on that right here, and I can't well, I can't understand them arresting or rather putting her in handcuffs. You know, she's on the site. And we quite often have domestic abuse and problems, and quite often spouses are responsible for the demise of their spouse. But her story is a horrific one.
Speaker 3: That was that was.
Speaker 14: Unbelievable, how she went off on the local Government's about time people start doing that. But my first subject I was going to talk about loads. The only subject was Greg Landsman.
Speaker 6: To saw the article yesterday on.
Speaker 3: Oh my God.
Speaker 7: You know he's got a wheelbarrow full.
Speaker 14: Of cash one hundred dollar bills and now he puts in getting into the Trust in Congress Act. Now you've been around this city as long as I hit well, actually I've been a look around longer. But the Office of Good Government at City Cincinnati Hall several years ago.
Speaker 3: I never knew we had that. No, I don't think anybody knew we had a good.
Speaker 14: Government in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Greg, Greg Gang of five Landsman exactly.
Speaker 14: And now that he's made his money in the stock market, he's decided to go into bonds now and you know, trade off all the all the ones that he's made his money on and go into something that's safe and protect his money that he's gotten and screwed over on insider trading and that kind of ironic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is. He's trying to make himself look out to be a good guy and appeal to more conservative minded folks than people who are out against government corruption because it seems to be pervasive.
Speaker 7: But can you say re election campaign coming up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean that's the reason he's doing this is because he's trying to make herself look like the squeaky clean little guy from Cincinnati that believes that the people can survive without inside the trading.
Speaker 1: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 7: How is he is such a hypocrite.
Speaker 14: I just really can't stay in that guy when you got sons of standing on the sidelines who would have made a difference and done it.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I pulled it kind of crap.
Speaker 1: I agree with you wholeheartedly on that. LANDA. Soun's one of the few politicians I've ever written a check for in terms of trying to get him elected. He was a great guy. He still is a great guy, and maybe he has a political future here. But yeah, I saw the article, and it's kind of funny because sometimes Joe Strekker will write atorial comments on articles, and because of FCC rules regarding language, I am not capable of reading what Joe wrote on top of this op ed that Greg Lansman wrote to the Cincinni Inquirer.
Speaker 14: It's just a I read that and I about went through the TV when I was watching. I almost had to go out and buy a new TV.
Speaker 1: I'm sure heez.
Speaker 14: One of the joke is Yeah, so anyway, thanks for the time. I just figured i'd get that one across off. It's a little bit off subject.
Speaker 1: But no, that's quite all right, man, Quite all right. That's what the That's why I always invite phone calls because sometimes there are topics out there people want to talk about. And yeah, my wife and I just sold every single one of our individual stocks. I am co sponsoring the Transparent Representation Upholding Service and Trust in Congress Act Trust Act. Greg Lansman, Greg Gang of five Landsman, Bobby, Welcome to the program, and a happy Monday to you.
Speaker 8: I had to look behind me my brother, because I tell you, the news cycle is exactly what I was hoping to be your previous caller talking about armist Greg and the poor stabbing victim's wife. I think, I think that's a great subject to talk about right here within our own community.
Speaker 1: Indeed, boy, and she really was outspoken in her comments about that whole situation. I can talk about that and let other folks know exactly what happened on that in the next segment. I'll be happy to do it too. Oh that'd be great.
Speaker 8: I tell you what, Keep that bar extinguisher up and ready, and keep the pin poll because I'm telling you, my brother, we're in the midst of a cultural revolution and they're going to start burning these cities down. But they're all left wing cities. New York, Los Angeles, Chicago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Los Angeles is the first. There's going to be many others. In fact, I just received an instant message from my friend Maureen always chimes in on this, and she said, there was a list of that's going around circulating online about the other cities where you should expect similar acts. But then again, it's New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, d c Houston, National, New Orleans, all of these very blue cities. And of course, my point that I made a moment ago, cities of millions of people can be overwhelmed by mere thousands of protesters within which there are a number of violent ones. It's a perception game. And if every human being who is against the violence came out and counter protest, that you would see quadruple, maybe even more than that of the numbers of people going and protesting against the violent protesters. I'm firmly convinced of that. Is this a perception game? And you know what makes the news headlines throwing chunks to concrete at police officers because we're all like, oh my god, somebody's actually doing that. Yeah, And the reason they're doing it so they get the headlines in the news and people talk about it and think the world's falling apart. That's what they want. Undermine the strength and stability of the United States of America, undermine what we stand for, riot in the streets, The whole country's coming on glued.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You know what, when twelve million Los Angelinas show up and start doing this, then you know you got a genuine problem on your hands. A few thousand get on social media right now. This isn't the number of people protesting out there in Los Angeles doesn't even meet the numbers of people who show up at a Trump rally. Perception. They know how to make the news. Six sixteen fifty five KRC Defalk station. QC Kinetics got pain well arthritis type of pain, knee pain, hit pain, joint pain. Been dealing with it for a long time, been senior doctor, been down to pain medication, steroid medications, and of course the discussion AlSi ends up turning to surgery and you're like, oh my god, surgery seriously, downtime, physical therapy and all that goes with it. How about QC Kinetics. You know, you get a free consultation to find out if you're a good candidate. Meet face to face with q kinetics medical team. They'll explain how they're rea degeneritive treatments, take your body's own healing power and help heal and restore your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols, including potent and powerful cellular level treatments that come from your own body that they concentrate in place where the pain is. That's what they've been doing. They Apparently tens of thousands of people nationally have gotten pain relief by going to QC Kinetics, and right here in Cincinnati can do the same thing. Take them up on their offer for the free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. It's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time, of course. Five one three eight four seven.
Speaker 5: Zero zero one nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 11: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says this about the weather, got showers very likely and maybe some thunderstorms in there. Seventy five for the high. Things clear out overnight, will drop this sixty sunny skies tomorrow, pleasant low humidity, seventy eight for the high with a few clouds overnight, fifty eight for the love. Then another sunny day on Wednesday. It'll be dry the rest of the week. They say as well. Eighty two for the high on Wednesday, sixty six. Right now, let's get a traffic update or not that does happen six if you have KSN talk station. Before I get over to the murder of this Army veteran Patrick Herringer sad sad situation, giving me a background fact, Let's se what Steve's got this morning, Steve, thanks for calling. Welcome on the Morning show.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm doing well. I hope you can say the same, she said if.
Speaker 6: I've eastbound a rumky so Forth wide open for traffic report. Okay, So anyway, the politician thing you're talking about, I've been following this lady name that Warren Buffett, that was the best investor ever for one year and I made sixty four following her. And I know nothing about the stock market. Wow, So this is the best investor ever? Is a lady named Nancy Pelosi. So I got I got half of her investment from February to February. I was doing sixty four percent and made one from eighty two thousand and one seventy nine just following her. I'm not that smart. So Rokahon out of California, the same as the Nancy Democrat. I've been following him a lot. So he was all being a saint and sold all of his stops off and then presented a bill about, you know, insider trading for politicians to make a stop. When it failed, he went out and took his millions and millions and millions and reinvested it. You can find all this stuff out on capitaltrades dot com. It's easy capitaltrades dot com. You can follow the politicians and make the money they're making. Yeah, I'm not like I said, it's easy. I figured it out. My brother in law, who worked with Goldman Sachs down in Florida, said, I'm the rain man up investing. So all you got it, all he got it.
Speaker 3: I don't watch TV.
Speaker 6: I could care less about. I don't give him money to the millionaires, politicians, uh, sports people or anything else. I give no money to millionaires. I don't wantch TV. I read and it's out there.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 6: And I was wondering about all these people that I've been walking down the sidewalks during the unrest in LA. Are they being arrested and put in jail sales like the January sixth ers that just walked around the capitol.
Speaker 1: Good question. I'm willing to guess, know, Steve. They've issued fifty thousand dollars rewards for they have that guy in the motorcycle home and throwing giant chunks of concrete at the ice vehicles that drove by. So they're interested in that guy. And they have expressed a willingness and interest to arrest anybody who is engaged in acts of violence, because of course we are allowed to peaceably assemble and protests. Yet they aren't peaceably assembling. They have committed crimes. The question is will there be any accountability? That therein lies the challenge in a left wing city like Los Angeles, where prosecutors are not inclined to prosecute, where judges are not inclined to even require bail for violent people, and where they do not sentence people to well harsh time in prison, and when they commit acts of violence otherwise break the law, then you're going to have the same thing over and over again. It's a vicious cycle. The revolving door we've got in downtown Cincinnati. Maybe I can talk about that given the situation regarding the death of Patrick Herringer, the guy who killed him should not have been out on the street, and his wife made that very profound point for a variety of reasons you should have been on the street. Well, you've got liberal judges and liberal prosecutors and a police department that doesn't get any respect and doesn't feel like it's worthwhile even doing their job because they know the revolving door of the justice system is going to let that person they arrest right back out on the street. Again, the whole thing falls apart on itself. You have knocked the legs out of the entire point of having a criminal justice system, period, Steve. I appreciate your call, man, Really do six twenty five right now if you five Kirsty talk station, let's talk about that fatal stabbing and over the rhine for the local stories next. After mentioning oder exit doesn't get rid of the stenchi of politics seems like an appropriately i'm a thing to say, given that I say it all the time, But under the current circumstances, no, OTO exit doesn't work on that. But it does work on all the other odors that you might run into during the day, human odor, pet odors, smoke, mold, mildew. They've got a product to eradicate all of them, so check them out online. They're locally manufactured. It's been a local company for more than twenty five years, and it doesn't stay in business that long if the products they make don't work. And they do work because they come with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't work to eradicate the odor. When you use it as directed, you get your money back. So I've used oto exit products multiple times over the years, and i can assure you they work. Listeners who've gotten in touch with me point out like the skunk spray. I mean, that is a nasty odor that's virtually impossible to get rid of. It works on skunk. So you got a dog, you may end up having a problem with that. So get yourself some odor exit. Buy it locally, use the search engine on the website to find where it is locally if you've got to have it today, or just order it right there from the website. They deliver it very quickly. Otor Exit odrxit odor exit dot Com fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 4: Turn up your radio. Here's a Sean Hannity Morning minute.
Speaker 15: You know, one day, you know, kind of back and forth fight between the most powerful man in the world and the richest man in the world. I'm sorry, I'm kind of nonplussed by it, to be very honest. It just really doesn't mean that much to me, and it seems like that's, oh what about this fight, Hannity, What are you gonna do? You got nothing and I think it's just unrealistic to expect people that are, you know, used to being in charge and getting their way and admitting like they did a week ago, that they only that they don't agree on everything, they agree about it on eighty percent of things that they might have a fight.
Speaker 14: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today here.
Speaker 15: Pure Talk, my wireless company, a veteran owned company, believes every man every woman who has faithfully served this country deserves to proudly fly an American flag that was made in America. And that's why Pure Talk is on a mission to give an Allegiance flag, the highest quality American flag made in Charleston, South Carolina, to one thousand veterans in time for these patriotic holidays. Just switch your cell phone service to Pure Talk. Do it this month, and a portion of every sale will go to provide these high quality flags hand sown to the deserving vets. Now, with plans starting at just twenty five dollars a month for unlimited talk and text and plenty of data, you can enjoy America's most dependable five G network, all while cutting your cell phone bill in half. Average family saves over one thousand dollars a year. You just dial pound two to fifty, say the keyword save now. Pure Talk's customer service will make the switch pound two to fifty keywords save now support our veterans and switched to America's wireless company Sure Talk.
Speaker 1: Injured in an accident six twenty nine at fifty five ker City talk station, coming up on six point thirty seven hundred two three talk Time five fifty on eight T and T phone.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 1: Let us see along the lines of what we were just talking about. We've got a local illustration to this, and law enforcement needs to be supported. We also need to have tough, be tough on criminal UH. With criminal justice system. We pivot over to the wife of the army veteran in jim Over who was stabbed to death during a home burglary in over the Rhine. Forty six year old Patrick Herringer you'd probably heard about this, died after being stabbed over the Rhine in his home on June fourth. Sarah Herringer said she saw her husband Patrick bleed out in front of her. She called the police and officer put her in handcuffs. Talking with Local twelve, that's your system at work, she said, traumatize the victims and treat them like suspects, so criminals exploit your failure to lead. Now I can defend the officers, maybe handcuffing her, because as I mentioned, domestic violence quite often results in murder. So she was the only one there. Some news stations locally reported police on the scene said there was no intruder. That turns out to have been wrong early on an investigation. Maybe you don't know, but here's what she had to say about the whole situation, posting online directed to aftab provol among others. On June twenty fourth, twenty twenty five, my husband, Patrick hen Herringer was murdered in our home by a man the city of Cincinnati knew was dangerous. And this is the point Mordisha Black, the man who was arrested, has now been charged with murder and burglary. Mordisha Black was released on parole in January. He had a violent criminal history. He cut off his ankle monitor in February, which is a felony violation. In May he committed another burglary, and in June he murdered my husband. Let's be clear, this was not a tragedy. This was negligence. Negligence from the Ohio Adult Parole Authority, from the Sincinni Police Department, from the elected leaders who now speak of safety as if it's something they've learned or they've earned the right to claim mayor have to have. Pervoll recently issued a statement saying public safety is and will always be our first, second, and third priority. We will never stop working to ensure every neighborhood and every family can feel safe and at peace. Mister Mayor of public Safety, where your top priority, Patrick would still be alive. You acknowledge the pain, but if you have failed to acknowledge your own role in the system's failure. You speak to the problem, but refuse to name a solution. You've offered no public action plan, no reforms, no measurable change. We haven't stopped violence. You stopped at optics and the city sees through it. Let me now addrest Chief Teresa Thiji in the Cincinni Police Department. You remain stylent. A violent parole the flagged the multiple times by the system, roamed free four months and you say nothing. There was no manhunt, no public alert, no internal transparency, and now no accountability. Your silence is not professionalism. It's cowardice disguised as protocol. And while you stayed quiet, here's what the public has learned, courted reliable sources. In District one at four am, the time my husband was murdered, there may have been only one police officer patrolling over the Rhine just one. District one covers four neighborhoods, Clifton, Mount Auburn, West End and OTR each may have only had one officer per zone. That's it. Let me ask directly, Chief, how is that public safety? How is that safe for the police officers you lead? You say nothing while your own officers are stretched beyond capacity, left unsupported, left patrol some of the most high risk areas in the city alone. And if that's leadership, it's negligent at best and complicit at worst. I am demanding one full public timeline of what each agency did when Black's monitor went dark. That was February, when he's got his monitor off. That's a reasonable request. Two a statement from the mayor naming specific solutions being enacted now, not vague promises. Three a public response from Chief Fiji explaining why the Cincinni Police Department took no action between February and June. I guess to get this guy for an auditive current police staffing across high crime zones and a plan to fix it five a public release of communication between CPD and parole enforcement. I will bring this fare into every courtroom, newsroom, and community meeting until the people are responsible or forced to answer. Under oath to the citizens of Cincinnati. This isn't just about Patrick. It's about you, your safety, your families, your city. They think you'll forget, they think I'll back down. They think words are enough. Let's show them they're wrong again. Sarah Henninger the widow, and it was confirmed the news released from prison in January on probation for brutally beating a man in Government Square years early. He did cut off his ankle monitor in February. Violent crime up and over the Rhine. Now, the city of Cincinnati likes to say the violent crime is down, but no, it's actually up. According to independent reporting from the Cincinna Choir looking into this, let's see here, seven hundred and seventy eight violent crime incidents so far this year on average over the past four years, seven hundred and thirty two to date in Herringer's neighborhood. Over the Rhine, crime has gone up even more significantly. Year to date, there have been six hundred and thirty five crimes both violent and nonviolent, reported and over the Rhine, a forty eight percent increase compared to the same period last year. Forty eight six point thirty six fifty five kre ce de talk station. Simmer Heating and air Conditioning outstanding folks.
Speaker 6: They are.
Speaker 1: That's why they've been around for just shy of eighty full years keeping Cincinnati area home safe, efficient, comfortable. They do wonderful work. Customer service outstanding. The price is always right. Third generation family ownership and operation of Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. And if you've got a system that's gone out HVAC has gone belly up, get in touch with Zimber because you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new Carrier comfort system. Simmer's been representing Carrier Forward well forever. I think it is a wonderful HVAC unit, And why not say fifteen hundred and fifty bucks get yourself feeling really comfortable in your home. To do so, get in touch with Chris Zimmer by either calling or going to the website and schedule apployment right their upper right hand corner of the website. That's Zimmer dot com. They also over a multitude of different services as well, so it's not just replacing your whole HVAC unit, but if you got to do it, say fifteen hundred and fifty dollars and get a good system. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Telling Brian said, Hi, five one three five to two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Tiver the channelnine first twenty one to four CAAs it's got rain very likely today along with thunderstorms. UH seventy five will be the high. Things clear up overnight, drop into sixty degrees, mostly sunny, pleasant day tomorrow, low humidity in the highest seventy eight motorcycle ride day, a few clouds over night fifty eight and on Wednesday, sunny day. They say it'll be dry the rest of the week as well, eighty two Wednesdays high it is sixty six. Now it is traffic time from.
Speaker 16: The UC Health Traffic Center from massach Therapy Dude Struss relief and cancer surveillance. The UC Cancer Center offers the regions the largest supportive services program for cantser their patients, and survivors. Call five one three five eighty five UCCCE no accidents or other problems on the roadways this morning and through Northern Kentucky southbound seventy one seventy five from downtown to two seventy five looking at a six minute drive on that ezelkon fifty five t r CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty fifty five KRCD talk station almost six forty one fifty hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk eight pound five fifty if you got an AT ANDT phone, if you want to call in like Hank did. Hank, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Welcome morning, Brian.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to make a couple comments. I've told you before. I've been a concealed carry instructor, and there's a couple of snarky comments we instructors usually make. One of them is when seconds count the police are only minutes.
Speaker 1: Away, yes, sir.
Speaker 6: And the other one yeah.
Speaker 12: The other one is just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not somebody out to get you. So my point is is I've had people ask me, well, you know you carry a firearm.
Speaker 1: I say, yeah, how often?
Speaker 12: Well, pretty much from the time I get up in the morning anywhere I'm allowed, and then when I go to bed at night, it's next to where I sleep, the flashlight and the phone.
Speaker 1: Actually I have a flashlight on my firearm next to my bed.
Speaker 12: Yeah. The only problem with that is, I know if you point the flashlight considered assault. Okay, well enough.
Speaker 1: Of that, but anyway, but if someone is broken into your home, it's not considered assault. We have castle doctor, and if somebody's broken into my home and I point my gun at them, I have a good reason to do it.
Speaker 12: Well, in the cases i've heard, it's generally it's been if it's it was a police officer, if you don't know who it was, and usually it's the case of somebody that's not bright enough to realize you don't answer the door with it like that.
Speaker 1: Indeed, so they have to break into the home to bring about the castle doctor. And you can't just shoot somebody for being on your front porch.
Speaker 12: You mean Joe Biden's advice to fire a double.
Speaker 1: But that's right, do not take Joe Biden's advice when it comes to that, you'd be subject to arrest.
Speaker 12: Darn well. Anyway, though, like I said, I you know, you just can't assume that the police are going to get there in time, or that even you know, you have a locked door so nobody can get in. That wasn't they They're calling it a murder and a burglary, but it was actually more like a home invasion from the sound of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So anyway, just all your listeners. I know a lot of people out there are shy about guns. If you're shy about it, get some training. You might find out it's a lot more fun than you think, and it could save your butt someday.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, And.
Speaker 12: So any case, that's about all I really needed to say. Everybody, have a good day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your advice, Hank, and I think it's sound advice. What boy scout motto, be prepared, you know, especially if you are, if of slight build, perhaps a senior. I think of my mom, who owns a firearm. It's the great equalizer and anybody could be a victim of violent crime. It's the point of having concealed Carrie say, one of the founding principles of why we have a second Amendment in the first place. No, it's because of evil governments that may need to be overthrown. That was our founding fathers. They learned the lesson from that. Gee, if we didn't have firearms, we wouldn't have been able to expel the British. But more fundamentally, I don't know why anybody would have a problem with it. And you know, I believe in concealed carry. I'm not an open carry guy because there are some nervous Nelly Karen's out in the world who see a firearm and literally freak out. Those people need to come to grips with reality. An open carry person, I guarantee, is someone like Hank who knows exactly what they are doing, at least arguably. That doesn't mean that they go to the range all the time or anything. You can't assure yourself of that, But you know, I would think they probably someone of real high level of confidence who has been trained in the proper use and handling of a firearm, and they're just more comfortable carrying it out in the open because the hell of a lot easier to unholster and open carry than it is to reach up underneath your shirt and pull out your concealed carry. But you do what you want. We live in a country that allows open carry, at least the state allows it, but that you are unlikely to need it is a great thing, isn't it? But no one knows. The World's a crazy place, crazy place. Some people choose to be prepared. I was glad I had my firearm in my car when that guy tried to kill me. Good recount the story that you know this literally happened. I mean, a guy tried to kill me ram in my car with his massive truck. I have his little two door sports car demonstrably trying to run me off the road at a high rate of speed. You know, we finally came to a stop. I'm glad I had my firearm with me. I didn't want to have to use it, and I am a praise God that I didn't have to shoot that so and so he walked away. But I have personally been in a situation where I was glad I had it. I was able to defend myself. And let me tell you, by comparison to the size of that guy, I was slight of build, and if I was left to my own device and it didn't have the great equalizer, that guy could have made quick work of me. Outweighed me by double and he was like over six feet tall six' three, four IF i had to, guess and he happened to be on methanfetamine one too at the same, time six forty six if IF i have k C de talk station found that out later after he was ARRESTED fori in, exchange get your sneaking to, cars get your car fixed At Foreign. Exchange traditionally imported cars like, mine you save a lot of. Money up until recently my car is under. Warranty and AS i point, out the greatest ILLUSTRATION i have is a personal. ONE i saved more than two hundred dollars every TIME i got my oil change BECAUSE i went To Foreign exchange and not the dealer crazy dealer prices for an oil. Change that's what you. Get heads. Up if you're going out and buying A german, car you might want to check on that maintenance can be a little. Expensive but you know, WHAT i went in eyes wide, open knowing full well that my car could get an oil change at foreign, exchange And i'd save a lot of. Money that's just one. Illustration you will save money of the. Dealership you will get an A sc Certified master technician with data access to your manufacturer's technical, information fixing your, car and you leave with a full warranty on parts and, service with more money in your pocket than you would had you gone to the. Dealer bottom line is your bottom line? Now oh and, parenthetically they're all trained to service teslas as. Well westchester location is the LOCATION i choose to go To austin and his outstanding team to treat you. Great that's The Tylersville road exit OFF i seventy five Had east two streets hanging right On kinglin real short jog off of the. Interchange there online foreign ax for in the LETTER x dot. Com here's the West chester number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty, six twenty six fifty FIVE krc dot. Com Caroline barret on f FIVE krc talk, Station Bright thomas wishing everyone a Happy. Monday try to make it so. Anyway, uh what else is going on in the? World, oh Abrego. Garcia that's the guy that got sent down To El. Salvador that all the left wingers were, like oh my, god you can't do.
Speaker 9: That that was.
Speaker 1: Wrong well he's. Back he's. Back Alan dershowitz talking With Fox, news saying he may regret that he came. Back he's now facing charges related to humans. Smuggling Deported salvadorian national accused of domestic of use and SUSPECTED ms thirteen gang ties now b back in THE, us now facing criminal charges for allegedly smoking illegal. Immigrants that was an announcement From Attorney generalpaanbondy On. Friday So durshwitz was asked about. THIS i think it was a big mistake for him and his supporters to try and bring it back into the. Country he'll regret that he'd been a lot better off if he'd have made the following, motion if he'd, said, LOOK i am deportable AND i don't want to come back into the. Country says his best chance of freedom would have been to accept deportation to a safer, country mentioning Specifically argentina as a potential destination that could have avoid the risks associated with coming back. Here durshwitz, said just don't send me to a country that poses, Danger send me To. Argentina he might have won that. Case he'd be a free. Man now he's going, to if, convicted spent a lot of time in, prison and he's going to wish he had been. Deported he knows appointed At garcia's supporters might not have served his best interest by encouraging him to come back. Here he, said when backers support, people they don't always serve the best interests of, people because they have a, narrative they have an ideology that they're serving the best interest Of this man probably would have been served by not coming back into the. Country makes a good, point doesn't He, so have you tried and? Convicted probably convicted. Anyway i'm sure they have sufficient evidence to convict. Him, well maybe a jury of his peers in some particular jurisdiction might not see it that. Way but you, know there are consequences of these, actions AND i do believe That durshwich is correct that the people who were advocating for his return to the country weren't thinking about his. Situation they were just thinking about the General you, know he was just a family, man ignoring that he had a criminal. Record ignoring the fact that, well you, know, uh he's going to be facing. Charges so they won their short term. Argument we had to bring him, back but in the long term he may be spending a long term in. Prison AND i didn't get the answer to the question we were talking earlier About Greg. Lansman my wife AND i sold every single one of our. Stocks he's trying to turn out to be a good guy because we all know that representatives and senators all trade on inside. Information caller earlier mentioned thecapitoltrades dot com site where you two can trade like your elected official and apparently make a pretty damn good return on. Investment he said this was sixty four, percent and he doesn't even pay attention to the. Markets he just pays attention To capitoltrades Dot. Com as For, lansman you can determine that type of person he. Is my friend who's involved with honor flight said, Well Greg lansman agreed to be at our honor our flightless honor. Flight those are for the veterans who are incapable of making it on an actual flight because of disability or other, conditions so they have an flightless honor flight and hats off to those. Folks he was supposed to show up at The Flightless honor flight to say a few. Words he didn't show. Up, now my friend did say there may have been a legitimate, reason AND i will also say that there may have been a legitimate. Reason but no word on whether he let the folks at The Flightless honor flight know he was going to be a no, show or if he provided an explanation afterwards explaining why he wasn't able to make. It not great optics for a. Politician, notably we have a little time to talk off top of the our news before we get To Christopher smitheman The Monday Morning smith event from the Former vice mayor of The city Of sincinna that takes place at seven. Twenty feel free to call in between now and. Then i'd love to hear from. You i'll be right.
Speaker 13: Back stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the.
Speaker 1: Hour that's so.
Speaker 2: Important another update coming.
Speaker 1: Up on fifty five krc the talk station this.
Speaker 2: Reason it's seven o six here.
Speaker 1: For ABOVE Krcd Talk. Station Happy. Monday brian comms right. Here glad to BE i love hearing from. You if you have a comment you'd glad to make five on three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty ON at AND t phones and coming up next Segment Christopher smith and former vice mayor of The city of Sin. Sinnday Every monday at seven twenty we get to hear The smither event. Together always enjoy that segment and talking with my friend and uh man of logic and reason and also a man of passion that's demonstrated Every. Monday here in the morning Show Fast forward one Hour Money monday With Brian James Stock future is based on the NEWS i probably would be. Comical Also china jobs data and do you Have Tesla stock comment on that in a moment here myths about saving dead AND u by now pay, later those are topics With Brian. James we'll hear From Krista. Powers she's the executive director Of Giving Voice, foundation charitable fundraiser involving a bourbon raffle and it's a pretty good bourbon. Raffle so for my bourbon friends out, there an opportunity to win some very very pricey bottles of bourbon and helping charity at the same, time which justifies the purchase in my mind, anyway five three, seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty ON at AND t. Phones care to call in real quick on The tesla, stock So Elon musk is in charge of doge and he pisses off the left who probably dumped his stock and start Lighting tesla's on fire and vandalize them because he's trying to do the right thing by identifying, fraud waste and abuse in. Government so he's alienated the. Left now he gets into a fight With, trump and that really made the rounds on media. Huge oh my, god the world's coming to an end, here look at look at this dispute Between trump And, musk and pay no attention to all of the other things that are going on in the. World so he ends UP i think angering the, right probably in that one who probably went out and dumped Their tesla. Stock so bit volatile that. One, anyway back to The la, protests and you, KNOW i made the point, earlier AND i know it's chaotic, there and there's no denying there's a problem. There the whole city Of Los angeles has now beenclared an unlawful assembly, area and you've got thousands of, protesters widely reported at around two. THOUSAND i know they've been citing that number in so far as shutting Down highway one on. One but bear in, mind and we're going to see. This this is going to be all over the. Place there are ten to twenty million illegal immigrants in our, country so you know that in any city that was a sanctuary city there are quite a few of. Them there, Thousands and you get a bunch of left wing nutcases who've been influenced by social media or otherwise Paid And i'm just gonna get to the paid point here to agitate, protests to you, know get people, together which is easy to do. Online through social. Media you can get a couple of thousand people to show up at literally anything through social. Media we're organizing a day of. Action show up at this place at this particular. Time you're going to get some people showing, up especially i people don't have a. Job but even if it's let's say five thousand people that showed, up and there weren't that. Many the population of Just Los angeles alone is three point eight almost three point nine million people in the Greater Los angeles, area there's twelve point nine million people according to twenty four. Survey so this is a tiniest slice of humanity considering the. Population and that's just one city in the entire state Of, california which has millions and millions and millions of people living in. It but it does draw, attention and that's why that's what they. Want you get the mob, together and you inside that mob of a couple of thousand and three, thousand however many total thousands of, people you get a handful of people who are willing to start throwing chunks of concrete at law. Enforcement not every single one of them. Did and you'll even see in the media largely peaceful. Protests well you can actually say that with a straight face if you want to consider the number of people actually throwing. Concrete AND i saw in one particular case they were throwing scooters and bikes over the bridge on top of law enforcement of officers that were, below some pretty dangerous, stuff life threatening stuff for the police. Officers you have THE La Police chief admitting that they have been. Overwhelmed, quote we are overwhelmed. Tonight we had interviews out there shooting commercial grade fireworks at our officers that can kill. You he pointed, out they had to use tear gas on the. Crowds, now of course agitates the. Agitators oh my, god these evil thug police officers were merely exercising our right to free assembly and. Speech well not when you start getting. Violent that had done themselves a great service if they had it outed or otherwise pointed to the police officers in the direction of the people that were throwing chunks of concrete at the police, officers de escalating the situation so they can try to get whatever message it is that they want to get across. Across, Now Donald trump has to send in The National guard because the police officers The Los Angeles Police department is, overwhelmed And Gonor Gavin newsom didn't exercise his authority as governor to get The California National guard to come and help him, out thus Requiring Donald trump to do the job for. Him so how Does newsom, reply got to file a? Lawsuit, Yeah Donald Trump devloyd Three International guard troops. There newsom announced yesterday he's gonna be suing the administration after sending a letter of The secretary Of Defense Pete hegzeth requesting formally that he rescind the what he called unlawful deployment of troops and returned them to state, control as there, were in his, words currently no need for the. Guardsmen really at, president law enforcement authorities from The city And county Of Los angeles are safeguarding public. Safety this Is newsom's, words and as demonstrated by the robust law enforcement response yesterday evening that will Be saturday to protect federal. Facilities local law enforcement resources are sufficient to maintain. Order, well, then why the hell was it That Los Angeles Police Chief jim McDonald said that they were, overwhelmed three officers, injured lots of. Arrests newsom claims that they didn't have a problem Until trump got. Involved, okay we're here to keep the, peace not to play Into trump's political. Games he. Wrote for her, Part Los Angeles Mayor Karen, bass who's is demonstrably incompetent see THE la fires by way of, illustration argue that The National guard's only gonna make things Worth deploying federalized troops on the heels of these raids is a chaotic. Excalation if you want there to be, chaos then have troops on the ground when there's absolutely no need.
Speaker 4: For that to.
Speaker 1: Happen, well what of the damage to property and the fires that have been, lit and the molotov cocktails that were, chucked and the rocks and things thrown at law enforcement, officers law enforcement officers including The Los Angeles Police, department not just THE ice. Officers as if there's any justification for throwing chunks of concrete AT ice vehicles when they're driving by that can literally kill. Somebody there's video of, that ONE ice vehicle after another zipping down the. Streets you got these idiots picking up giant chunks of, concrete rocks or whatever the hell it, is throwing it at the. Vehicles there have been people who have been killed by, that with rocks thrown off overpasses onto the. Expressway same kind of situation. Here let's see what marines got this, Morning, Maureene welcome to the program and a Happy monday to.
Speaker 9: You, Hi, brian thanks for taking the call. Time in relation to what your topics are right, now THE PETE hexf just posted, that in addition to The National, guard that they also have active duty marines on high. Alert.
Speaker 1: YEAH i saw, Though, yeah.
Speaker 9: And also there's A website'm not going to give a credibility by mentioning it on, air BUT i will send it to. You but the, insurrectionists they're going to this. Website you put in a zip code where you. Live they tell you where the next meeting. Is zoom call, tonight they tell, you AND i put in a zip, code but you have TO rsvp to find out the exact. Location but In, loveland they're counting on one from three to, five all of murder to take place This, saturday because this Is trump's. Birthday he's having a. Parade it's going to have a lot of military might displayed in this. Parade and this is making them. Angry so they are going to show their force and they're going to be doing.
Speaker 6: This all over On.
Speaker 9: Saturday and this map kind of shows you, that And i'll send it to. You but the other, Thing Alex trandfelho posted something last week about he showed a VIDEO i think it WAS. Wcpo he reposted, it but it showed door. Camera these kids are coming in and there it's a TikTok trend and authorities are warning against kids doing, this and, yeah that happened to. ME a couple of weeks, ago WHEN i was visiting up. NORTH i left the safe state Of florida and went up north To cincinnati and stay there once in a. While, WELL i came in and it wasn't it was just getting. DARK i immediately turn around and locked my door the MINUTE i walk. In, well it's a good THING i. Did walked in back of the house AND i heard this tremendous, pounding AND i, thought somebody's trying to kick in my. Door, WELL i, thought, well there was a big storm going on at the, time AND i, thought, well maybe it was related to. THAT i had a tree fell or. Something, well the next DAY i see my. Neighbor he, said, who somebody was trying to kick in your door last. NIGHT i don't know if you were, home BUT i came out with my shotgun and he was ready to take.
Speaker 11: Care of whoever it.
Speaker 9: Was but apparently they just take off and run in the car and drive.
Speaker 1: Away, yeah it's a heightened version Of Ding dong, ditch WHICH i think every child has. Done you ring the doorbell and you run. Away that was a childhood. Game but this is absolutely, insane. Stupid somebody's going to get shot somebody's going to get. Shot, YEAH i appreciate bringing that. Up that's. You, see you just illustrate a couple of, great great examples of social media and the power of social. Media it can get you to do something that might end up getting yourself. Killed but also it's an easy way to get a whole bunch of people to show up where the otherwise wouldn't have done. IT a lot of people got a lot of idle, time and you give them some issue and you say show up at a given place at a given. Time you send out literally tens of, thousands if not a, million of. These you're going to get a, smart tiny sliver of the population to actually do, it making it look like and appear as though they have, sound sufficient large numbers that are in support of their any given. Cause now they really. Don't they really. Don't thank, You. Maureen always appreciate hearing from, you and thanks for The, facebook instant messages and the info you share with. Me seven to Seventeen right, Now Christopher smithen waiting in the. Wings first ord For, Chimneycare fireplace And. Stove take care of your chimney by having it inspected for, free so you got a wood burner or a gas doesn't, matter but you could have water damage if that chimney is not in proper shape up there on your, roof how often you've been up there to look at, it you may have a water damage F i'm already and you don't even know about, it and it could be very costly to. Use So Chimneycare fireplaces stove there to inspect your chimney for, free to the extent it needs any. Work they'll let you know about it and they can fix. It trust, me they're excellent at what they. Do since nineteen eighty, eight locally interoperated a eight plus with a better businessman a few wood burners out. There the spring special is still in, play the Woodburning sweep And evaluation for just one sixty nine ninety. Nine don't get a chimney. Fire it could be a real issue for, you like your house burning. Down creasoap build up can be a real. Problem so if you got a wood, burner take advantage of. This they'll thoroughly inspected with a video camera and certified chimney sweep will sweep it all. Out it's going to be very, safe so you can be comfortable when the temperatures drop, again and trust me they. Will that's climate, change you, know like. Wintertime five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five to one three two four eight ninety six. Hundred you can book an appointment to learn more about the services they offer and what they sell at the. Showroom just go To chimneycareco dot.
Speaker 5: Com this is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Station This september, seven twenty TWO i fifty FIVE krcd talk station And Happy Monday. Tea you always made it happier an extra special because this is the time when we get to talk with Former Vice mayor of The city Of Cincinnati Christopher smitheman and get an earful of The smith. Event welcome, Back, Christopher hope you had a wonderful weeknd my FRIEND.
Speaker 3: I, Did, bryan thank you. MAN i you, Know i'm gonna just kind of get into this story local story of a woman by the name Of Faarah Han. Herringer, yeah AND i know you've spoken about, it you, know this this morning and her Husband Patrick, henringer who's a war hero veteran Of iraq And, afghanistan was murdered On june the fourth at four am in the, morning and we're talking about in their. Homes and what's so bizarre about this particular situation for me is he was a person who was wearing an ankle. Bracelet clearly he took the ankle bracelet. OFF i don't know the circumstances on how an ankle bracelet is taken, off and then the court system or the parole officer doesn't know. That he shows up to this family's. Home my understanding is they have a workout business IN, otr breaks into their home with a. Knife this veteran is. Fighting this. Guy he's stabbed to, death dies in his, home essentially in his wife's. Arms and it just the violence of. It he's just captured my imagination in the worst. Way and these are the kind of stories WHEN i go this is why it always comes back to failed, Leadership Citty, hall court. Systems how you got somebody that's out of prison wearing an ankle. Bracelet he takes it. Off he's walking down the. Street people are catching this on their. Meaning they've got pictures of him holding a knife walking down IN. Opr what in the world is going, On brian at our City hall with our, mayor our city council that this doesn't capture the undivided imagination of them what they, do, because you, know having been the former vice mayor of The city Of, CINCINNATI i, mean you've got a few very important. Things number one is. Safety it's the number one thing keeping the people that are in the city. Safe and So i'm trying to figure, out, like why isn't the City hall grabbing this and, going you, know or going in The Father's day. Weekend we've Got reds games all, Around you've got A dora down there on the. Banks is it that they don't want to deal with these things because they're so concerned about people coming downtown that they really don't care about this family whose veteran was murdered in their home by somebody who was. Waiting an ankle bracelet should.
Speaker 1: Should have been he cut it. Off he cut it off In. February. Uh he was released from prison In january on probation after brutally beating a man In Government. Square they say years earlier then he had an ankle bracelet. On apparently he cut that off In. February. Uh and it it just goes on from there and then ultimately kicks the door in and kills this this veteran in front of his, wife. Sons, yeah and you know she was upset because there weren't there wasn't a concerted, effort you, know and all points bullet and, alert you, know be on the lookout for this. Guy he's cut his ankle bracelet. On he represents a threat to the to the. Society he needs to be picked up because the violation of probation for him to cut his ankle bracelet. On question why was he let out anyway on probation after brutally beating someone In Government. SQUARE i don't. KNOW i don't. Know let's let's pausible Bring.
Speaker 3: But What i'm saying to you as we come back at these are the kinds of things that frustrate, everybody take us to a boiling. Point my condolences go out to his, widow who has to be completely devastated by. This they clearly have given their life TO otr because they have a business IN. Otr but there's so many scale pieces, here meaning the parole officer's failure. There you, know this guy beat somebody up At Government. Square you're not notifying the community even that he's back and so the question, becomes how do we prevent something like this from? Happening and then how do we address the? Widow what does City? Hall what does mayor, pureval nine members of? Council, what what does the? What what do they need to be doing right now for? This for this. WIDOW i saw her video on social. Media anybody who hasn't seen it can go to my my x. Page it is a devastating common carry from. Her it will it WILL i, mean it will make you. Cry, Yeah And i'm just blown away by the randomness of. It it has got to be the scariest. Thing And i'll conclude as we're going to break to, say this is WHY i have a firearm in my. Home i'm not saying he, didn't And i'm not saying it would have prevented. It but for people down at City hall to tell everybody to disarm themselves while these things are going on in our city makes absolutely no. Sense Brian thomas.
Speaker 1: A Great, christopher and he's fighting with this guy who's got a. Knife if they had a firearm in the, house maybe his wife could have grabbed it and shot. HIM i don't. KNOW i can't speculate BECAUSE i don't, know as you don't whether they had one in the. House but seven thirty one if at Five Ker City Talk Station Brian thomas With Christopher smithlman doing That smith. Event, christopher the ball's in your, court my.
Speaker 3: Friend, LOOK i just want to conclude by, saying you, know for For sarah her hearing, her you, know this could have been. Prevented and the reason it could have been prevented is here's a guy who's released from, prison back in our, community wearing a. Monitor he cuts the. Monitor the question is was a warrant put out for his? Arrest was anybody knowing that he was not wearing the monitor after it was? Placed, now after this, situation are we checking every monitor In Hamilton county making sure that the people that are wearing the monitors actually have the monitors and that they don't we're putting warrant out to arrest them immediately so that we don't have another tragedy like. This i'm just trying to figure out Why Sitting hall is consumed with what's going on In. Israel we we have their own people in their own community being murdered in their. Homes this is what frustrates voters because they're so Distracted Brian thomas on things that they shouldn't be focused, on you. Know so that's that's my part of. That my condolences go out to the, widow to their entire. Family this man was a. Veteran patrick was a, veteran served our country and it and to be home and to die like this so random is so insane for. Me and to have really a city, council a, mayor just just broad leadership not address this and be on top of it just blows my.
Speaker 1: Mind, well maybe that's why They maybe that's why they bring up topics like the situation In. Gaza of course they have nothing to do with, It they have no control over. It the resolutions mean absolutely, nothing but it does get the. Press look what the city's. Saying they passed the resolution Regarding. Gaza in these, Raellys, oh pay no attention to the crime in the. City pay no attention to the fact that the city police officers are. Understaffed pay no attention to the fact that they're not prosecuting bad guys as a reson revolving door at the Halland County Justice. Center pay no attention to the roads. Deteriorating pay no attention to the nonsensical projects that they're funding with the city taxpayer, dollars these Green New deal projects and all, that which really do nothing for the Residence city Of cincinnati who'd rather have their road. Paved pay no attention.
Speaker 2: To we could go on and on and.
Speaker 1: On they're distractions to keep people's eye off of the things that really, matter which is exactly the. Point you're bringing up things that really, matter like law.
Speaker 3: Enforcement, yeah and that al conclude with, Saying, look if you live in one of the fifty two neighborhoods In cincinnati and this story doesn't capture your, attention you don't spend any time in research What i'm, saying what you AND i are talking, about fact check us on what's going. On if it doesn't impact how you vote This november for city council and the, mayor there's something wrong with your. Head there's something going on on with you in your mind that you don't understand what is. Important And, patrick to, me would have died in.
Speaker 6: Vain we've got to.
Speaker 3: Change i'm watching the situation in la like everybody else is watching the. Situation i've been listening to your show a terrible mayor out, there a terrible governor out, there a state that's been talking about defunding the, police reimagining the. Police you HAVE ice agents that are arresting the worst of the, worst and you have a mayor that doesn't even dispackt law enforcement to provide. PROTECTION i thought that was just. Horrific she left those officers out there. Unprotected and it wasn't until The president, Said i'm sending in two Thousand National. Guards in my, opinion that the police department, says you know, what we better start protecting THE ice agents when rocks, fire whatever signs are being thrown at, them like it's, unbelievable the. Riots and there are people that are listening to us right now who don't even. KNOW i understand they've been busy this weekend that there are mass riots going on IN la Where i'm watching cruisers being smashed with. Rocks i'm watching, cocktails those fire cocktails being. Thrown i'm watching bricks being, hit no vehicles being hit with. BRICKS i don't, know, man things being set on. Fire it looks like a totally different. World and the problem with this is typically when it starts IN, la it starts moving across The United states Of. America, oh it's really. Scary well it's IN. La but what, happens, brother is we turn around and it's going on now In New, york and then it's then all of a sudden it breaks out Into, chicago and then all of a sudden it shows up In.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati fifty FIVE krcv talk. Station Brian thomas With Christopher. Smilman always spent a few second up With christopher Every, monday AND i always look forward to. It, christopher what else is on your mind this?
Speaker 3: Morning, Well i'm just want to go back to that story at kind of concluding here In, cincinnati where you Know sarah has lost her her her Husband patrick and he's a military, vet and the system failed this, family it failed our, Community. Brian and this wasn't that what drives me crazy about this in my, Mind this wasn't some random guy that we didn't know how to violent. Has this is a guy that cums in, prison had beaten somebody up in governments where he's wearing an ankle. Bracelet the purpose of that is to track him to know where he. Is he cuts it. OFF i believe In FEBRUARY i think you. Said In, june it reported he In june he shows up to somebody's front, door kicks and kicks the dorian with a knife and stabs a husband to. Death as we go in The Father's day. WEEKEND i, mean what the hell is going? On why is the system failing? Us Brian? Thomas why are these, politicians whether it's the, judges whether it's the parole, OFFICERS i don't. Know we have people walking around AS i am standing in the in the city Of cincinnati right, now As i'm standing WHERE i, am we have people with, warrant open warrants for their. Arrest why are we not arresting? THEM i don't care what it. Is what drives me crazy about, This Brian, thomas is when we have a situation like, this the system doesn't. Go, Okay let's check everybody's. Monitors let's make sure we issue warrants. Out we're gonna be proactive. Here we've made a big. Mistake but in lieu of what has happened, here everybody who has an open warrant for their, Arrests we're gonna come get. You we're gonna put warrants out for anybody who is taking off their ankle. Breaks and by the, way any judge who lets somebody out who does this should do their. Time they should be held. Accountable Brian. Thomas if you've got weak judges In hamilton that won't put these people in jail and keep them in jail and then they show up and murder, somebody we've got to hold these all on judges. Accountable.
Speaker 1: Well one of the breakdowns in the, system as it's been relayed to, me And i've talked to members In law ENFORCEM move for the ankle monitor. Thing it gives people a false sense of. Security you think just because someone's got an ankle monitor and they're restricted to a certain geographic area or restricted to the confines of their, home that they're going to stay there and they're going to be found if they walk out of, it some alarm is going to go off and somebody's going to rush right over and track them. DOWN i think that's really a false sense of security or belief in that, system BECAUSE i get that there aren't enough people monitoring the people who are on have ankle, monitors that there are a lot of them out there and it's just impossible to stay up on top of, them at least that's What i've been led to. Believe so a judge will, say, well you, know we can't keep them in the lock, up but if we put them on an ankle, monitor everything's going to be fine because we're going to know where they. Are, well, maybe but then again maybe.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 3: WELL i agree with what you're, Saying. Brian let's say that the system is, overwhelmed then why do city council and a mayor constantly attack The Second? Amendment if they're saying they can't handle, it why are they telling their citizens that they should not legally arm themselves and be prepared for these? Situations those whoo things are, connected they're disconnected in my. Mind if you know the system is, overwhelmed why would you introduce resolutions on The Floria council to disarm me THAT i should not be able to carry a firearm in my, home on my person WHEREVER i. Am i'm gonna tell, Everybody i'm the former vice mayor of The city Of. Cincinnati you should be concerned about going downtown right. Now until you have a mayor and nine members of council that act like they give a hoot about your, Life you should be very concerned about operating in Downtown cincinnati going to anything until the mayor responds to this and makes it clear on what the man is going to. Be we've got teenagers downtown breaking a, curfew knocking people, out viciously attacking them across. Downtown some of these things aren't even. Reported but now you have a but now you have a. Guy, listen, guy you have a guy who had an ankle bracest that cut it off In, february shows up to somebody's home and kills their. Husband there's nothing more serious than. This and WHEN i WHEN i, SAID i wake up this, one And i'm, thinking, like what is the? Topic the topic is a city that's not safe and a mayor who continues to project that it is. Safe it's not, Safe mayor Pure. Vall we have an. Election this is Why i'm not supporting. You this is Why i'm supporting the other. Guy whether he wins or. Loses i'm not gonna Say i'm gonna continue to do the same thing Because i'm gonna get the same. Result and guess. What next time is gonna be my. Daughter next time it's gonna be my. Mom next time it's gonna be my significant next time it's going to be my friend's. House so you got to speak out about this stuff because one day it shows up on your. Doorstop Now i'm gonna tell, You Brian, thomas if it comes to my, DOORSTOP i got something. Ready i'm, ready and there's not going to be necessarily the same. SITUATION i am sick and tired Of City hall continuing to project that this is a gun. Issue for law abiding citizens to have a. Firearms, well as you go Into Father's day, weekend people should really think about buying a, weapon learning how to use it, safely keeping it safe in their, home having an emergency plan if something like this were to occur in their, house and be prepared to use deadly force if somebody decides to take.
Speaker 1: Your Life yahn tries to take your, life most. Notably you, know it's INTERESTING i observe that all remember all the money and investment that went into over The, rhine the. Regentrification they talked about, it they lowed, it they praised. It look bringing in young urban hipsters that have jobs and they're going to live in a walking, community and it's all going to be all great and rainbows and puppy dogs and. Unicorns and today we have a forty percent increase in crime compared to the same up period last. Year six hundred and thirty five crimes both violent and nonviolent reported in just over The. Rhine And i'm not making this. Up i'm Trusting Camera knight And David farrar from The Cincinnati. Enquirer that's what the data. Reflects so that isn't exactly a magnet to get urban hipsters to move into over The. Rhine AND i imagine a lot of folks in over The rhine feeling very unsafe and considering maybe packing it up and moving.
Speaker 3: OUT i wouldn't want my daughter hanging out down, there living down. There these are the kinds if you have a council and a mayor that's talking about reimagining the police, department defunding the police, department using whatever the language. Is you have an officer involved shooting where you have a guy who's getting out of a stolen car with a. Gun now there's even the conversation about indicting the. Officer, Right so now you've got one sense where you're saying, disarmed don't, don't don't Recognize the second amendment coming From City. Hall on the other, side you, say let's reimagine the police, department let's defund, them and then you have crime the way you just described, it that's just basically saying walk around and don't protect. Yourself Brian, thomas it doesn't make sense to. Me that's why there's an election In. November it's Why i'm supporting the other, Guy Corey bowman's Why i'm looking for change at City. Hall we can't have officers out here who are making split second. Decisions monday, morning you're you're pulling, over there are no routine car. Stops you got dark, Windows the officer is walking, up and we expect the officers just to kind of just not be prepared for what might be coming out of the back. Door that the back of the seat that you can't, see somebody could be pointing a gun at both officers on both sides of the. Vehicle When i'm say saying to you is that it seems like The Democratic party doesn't, understand based on what we're seeing in la based on the things that we're seeing here In, cincinnati that you can't use this language of defund, reimagining reimagining the police, department and then underfund your police department and think and, then by the, way question these types of police involved, shootings and then think that your citizens are going to be. Safe we're not going to be. Safe Brian, thomas this is what happens when you use language like. That you have Two jewish people that are coming out of an, event they're. Assassinated you have a guy walking around Who's, egyptian who should not be in our, country who throws fire On american citizens who are exercising Their First amendment. Rights then you have a guy without a monitor on walking around in downtown who Since february we don't know who he, is where he. Is he shows up to the front door of this couple and kills this wife's kills this woman's. Husband these are the things that we are being impacted based on fales old public. Policy and if the person that the people that are listening to, me if you're unwilling to do something different In, november you will continue to get the same.
Speaker 1: Results, well Stated Christopher. Smithman obviously very, passionate and that's What i've come to expect during the smith. Event always great to hear from, You my dear, Friend i'll look forward to Next monday and another. One have a great. Week it's seven point fifty right. Now always made extra. Special not only do we hear From Christopher Smith aman and get an air ful From CHRISTOPHER i think is on fire this, morning we get to hear From Brian, james all with. Financials Brian james a financial. Planner he is providing us with The Monday monday. Segment, Brian welcome back to the morning. Show always a pleasure talking with. You good, morning Mister, thomas and welcome back to you as well to your own. Show, indeed and, YEAH i got to chuckle out of the topic list stock future is based on the news and you know my immediate reaction to, that just basic summary of what we're going to talk about was stock futures maybe based on memes that float around and really not connected with things like pe ratios or, reality but just because people get all ginned up over topics designed to. Distract But i'm not quite sure that's the direction you were planning on. Going, WELL i think there's some truth to. THAT i, mean we react to whatever is in front of, us and there's a lot more in front of. Us it seems like there's a lot more every single.
Speaker 17: Day you, know if you go back to ten twenty thirty, years the only thing you had was Lou dobbs and his market report and those kinds of, Things, yeah to do at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day now it's in your face all, day every.
Speaker 17: Day and that has led us to a situation where even if there isn't a, headline gosh darn, it we're gonna find. One and we look to memes and we look to all this other kind of social media stuff for whatever is everybody talking. About there may not actually be a, headline but somebody's talking about, something and by, God i'm going to react to.
Speaker 1: It, yeah no question about. It, also you, KNOW i have a dear, Friend Jay. RATLIFFE i are a media aviation, Expert Jay, ratliff who also is a bit of a day, trader and he's a quick in and out. GUY i mean the way he trades and the way he teaches how to, trade and that's part of his business is to teach. People his methodology usually really. Successful so in like you, know thirty minutes in the, morning he will jump in following some kind of trend to identify it and then as soon as he gets some kind of, profit he gets right. Out so in a half, hour who may make five thousand dollars because he doesn't hang on to any given. Stock AND i know that's not the methodology that you, prefer which is mixed index funds and things like, that BUT i think it's because of the meme reality of the world that those stocks will fluctuate so rapidly during a day someone gets the word, out the stock will, jump and you got to just know when to dump it and not hang onto it for too long or you're going to lose your money in a single.
Speaker 17: Day, Yeah AND i think and on the idea of day, trading and you, KNOW i, KNOW i Know, jay and he's got his, strategy AND i think that the keyword there is prefer which doesn't mean rule out. Anything so you, KNOW i think Even jay himself will tell you that you need to keep your core money in a, good you, know good diversified type of. Portfolio that's freize you up to do the kind of things that he trains. On and that's, okay there's nothing wrong with. That you want to take a flyer on something then then knock yourself out but day trading is a. Job it's not something Where i'm gonna at a, Stoplight i'm gonna buy a stock real quick and Then i'll sell it at.
Speaker 1: Lunchtime, no you're sitting there watching numbers on a. Screen. Yeah my wife's was, like you need to Take jay's. Class you need to Take jay's. Class And i'm thinking to, myself it is a, job you. Know you you you've got to commit yourself to following the stock market or following individual. Stocks and, honestly, man that does not sound like it's. Fun you, know it doesn't grab my, attention even though you can make money at, it you, know applying meeting myself to that kind of activity just just like it's just it's not, appealing.
Speaker 3: Huh you.
Speaker 11: Know.
Speaker 1: Yeah and a lot of people out there, too you.
Speaker 17: Know we hear the stories about crypto and people like make a lot of money in, crypto and it's the same same kind of.
Speaker 1: Approach you're not buying and sitting on.
Speaker 17: Something this isn't you, know a stock where you're you're picking up something because they just invented the new widget we all have to have and you can just sit and watch it. Rise you have to learn how to bounce in and out of. It and you have to be willing and more, Importantly Brian, thomas you have to be willing to take the. Hits everybody who has made money and anything has lost a lot of money in the exact same. Thing and you're hearing about the good run that they just. Had they don't bother bringing up they touch like. GAMBLING i won four hundred dollars at the.
Speaker 1: Casino that was like one, day and then you know the prior six days you lost four hundred dollars every single. Day anybody who tells you they made a bunch of money and something that's, great ask them for the full.
Speaker 17: Year you, know up ups and downs of whatever they're. Doing and if they're doing something so, great that's. Awesome maybe they're in the Next Warren, buffett but well take a breath before you believe.
Speaker 1: Them one of the things that does impact the market as well as market, futures jobs data AND i guess us data showed non farm payrolls increased by one hundred and thirty nine thousand jobs last. Month it was. Downwardly it was revised one hundred and forty seven thousand In, april so what does that? Mean unemployment rates is static at four point, two which is not. BAD i mean THAT'S i guess considered full. Employment, anyway we've talked about that. Before, yeah we're just about. Dreed and remember most people will go well fulls one hundred. Percent so why are we calling you, know ninety six percent employment? Full, well we have to have some oil in the.
Speaker 17: Engine if everybody is, employed then that means we can't expand. Anymore so we need that buffer of people who need jobs so that businesses can expand and do the things they need to. Do, so, yeah some good news last. Week expectations were kind of low heading into the monthly report that this one came FROM. Adp and remember SO adp is a private company of, course just like any other well public, trade but it's in the private sector and they're simply reporting on here's what our little app shows in terms of all the people who were added to the. System BECAUSE adp is ultimately a payroll, company they know exactly how many people were on the system a month ago and are on, now and then we extrapolate that out to mean something in the overall. Economy but the main job support showed that employers added about one hundred and thirty nine thousand. Jobs the expectation was one hundred and twenty six. Thousand so a lot of, times as we, know when we talk about the economy in the, market what we're trying to, do we're reacting to whether the analysts were right or. Not and in this, case the analysts were slightly, wrong.
Speaker 1: But in a good. Way we got more than we. Expected fair enough, well AND i, know so what are some of the other things THAT i know we Got china to talk about as? Well but officials are meeting with The china to discuss, trade and this seems like it being an on, again off again, proposition you, know things that seemed to be going in the right, direction and then as soon as they sit down to have, talks it tends to go. Nowhere at least that's what it seems to me to. Be, LIKE i haven't been following yet as closely as PERHAPS i. Should but then, again as we talked about a moment, ago there's like eight million different things you can talk, about AND i tend to be following something else other than our on and, off on, again off again relationship With. China, right, yeah, so so last, week there were some discussions Between trump And president she Of china for a nice phone call that That trump described as very, good which is of course always super, descriptive and we get a lot of information out of a couple of adjectivicy pros out after a.
Speaker 17: Call but they talked about rare minerals and you, know continuing to talk and renewing negotiations and all, that and so markets generally took that conversation as a positive. Step although as you as you you just, mentioned there's not a whole lot of meat to. IT i think the markets are responding to the fact, that, okay so underneath right, now, uh the economy seems to be doing, okay as we just talked, about the jobs report seems to be coming along just you, know, Decently and we are willing to have conversations With china and they are willing to have conversations with.
Speaker 1: Us that's.
Speaker 17: It there's no you, know otherwise it's a big nothing burger because there isn't a whole lot you can you can sink your teeth into it as to here's how The United states And china are going to.
Speaker 1: Move forward together within this global trade.
Speaker 17: Economy it's just the fact that we are still talking to each other and underneath the economy is doing. Okay so as far as taking the temperature the water right, now we are not in panic vote.
Speaker 1: Well AND i you, know speaking of panic quote AND i know panic you know makes the. Headlines. Uh the suggestion That china would dump ALL us treasuries and and and and quit dealing with. Completely that's not possible for, them is it?
Speaker 17: Now so you have to, remember whether we'd like each other or not doesn't really factor into the overall global success of each individual country's. Economy If, China china is the largest holder of treasury bonds other than THE Us treasury.
Speaker 1: Itself.
Speaker 17: Uh and if they dumped all of those, treasuries if they simply walked, away then the value of those would drop, completely and that would Hurt china as.
Speaker 1: Well so that's why they haven't done.
Speaker 17: Yet if they could pull the trigger and there was no downside to, them they'd done it already to put themselves in a better, position as would.
Speaker 1: We every country is out for its own.
Speaker 17: Interests so but but everything is so interconnected now you can't really make a move without having some kind of blowback come back your, Way and there's there's the idea of if they were to pull all of their currency out of and repatriate their currency by pulling it out OF us treasuries AND us, debt.
Speaker 1: Where's it going to.
Speaker 17: Go they're either gonna they're gonna have to park it in their own, coffers or they're gonna have to go to the next best country out there and buy their. Debt and there's just not a heck of a lot of size and things you can rely on once you get past The United states And. China SO i don't think that's very likely at. All but it sure's a sexy headline to talk.
Speaker 1: About yeah it, is and you, know it kind of keeps people on their heels, thinking oh my, god the world's gonna. End but practically, speaking that's WHY i brought it. Up you, know it is an argument they could, make but you, know the devils and the details and the points you. MAKE i show exactly why media isn't as strong as some are suggesting it. Is as we sit down at the negotiating table With china to talk about trade, policies think About Kerse Detalks Station Money monday At Brian james all, right we talked a little bit About. CHINA i understand that these trade talks are going to continue, today so that that obviously is going to impact the, markets but we don't know what's going to, happen so we're just gonna have to take a wait and see approach on that. One why Has Apple stock been? Struggling Brian, WELL i Think apple.
Speaker 17: Is a hit a point where it's already well known and everybody knows what an iPhone. Is the iPhone hasn't changed. Drastically we haven't had a new device like the you, know the iPad kind of changed things when it came. Out there, was if anybody, remembers there was the vision pro device that that was supposed to be the next great. Thing but those are now apparently Hitting facebook marketplace as people are just willing to take losses on the on this multi thousand dollars device that they, bought so almost kind of in a position where they've gone just a little bit.
Speaker 1: STALE i think fair enough on that. One, okay now explain this to, me BECAUSE i understand that opek is increasing production of. Oil our extraction policies have changed in The trump administration that you, know, Drill, baby. DRILL i guess is the mantra from The trump. Administration why are oil futures? Up what's what's the story on this? One.
Speaker 17: Brian we're finally getting, RESPONSE i, believe to the to the fact that we're hitting the summer travel season in The United states and we spend a lot of you, know we spend a lot of money traveling. Around we hadn't had that. Yet usually you and you AND i would be talking about it if it would have been a. Headline we made it all the way Through may with talking about oil very. MUCH i think our prior, years that was most of Our monday mornings was talking about.
Speaker 1: That but prices we had to pump them been. DOWN i, mean they were left less than three bucks last week WHEN i checked on, gas but at least up in my. Neighborhood although it's a little north of three bucks, now but still that's that's way off from what it was not that long.
Speaker 17: Ago you, KNOW i THINK i think in the past it's been it's been more driven by hype because you, know not so much the actual, inputs but more the idea that, hey we're gonna Start we're gonna start talking about oil prices going, up and politicians do.
Speaker 1: This they have certain agendas they want to, push so.
Speaker 17: They'll push the idea that, hey It's, april oil prices are going.
Speaker 1: Up you got you gotta be paying attention to these.
Speaker 17: Things, WELL i think we've been distracted by so many things this past year that there's been so much other stuff to talk about that.
Speaker 1: That hype never.
Speaker 17: Occurred but now we're running actually on what is really, happening and now we're officially in vacation season and all that people are driving and doing. More the economy actually is despite the headlines of the economy is doing. Okay, yeah so there there is still demand out, there and we always have that switch to the summer mix and all that kind of stuff when they change the chemicals around inside the gas, pump and that is finally pushing things.
Speaker 1: Forward BUT i think for once.
Speaker 17: It's just based on the reality of what is actually happening at the, pump then the hype preceding.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 1: All, Right, well if you own A, tesla you don't need. Gasoline But tesla's stock is another. Issue you, KNOW i was laughing about it, Earlier. Brian so we Have elon musk as head Of doge alienates the. Left they hate. Him he's cutting things Evil Elon, Musk so let's Vandalize tesla's and let's dump the. Stock so his stock obviously very, volatile and it. Dropped so now we got The Trump musk split up and. Divorce, aw it's making the headlines. Everywhere oh my. God and you're looking at their name calling And trump Or musk isn't on board for the big beautiful bill and that's Got Donald trump, angry which obviously has the suggested impact of angering The trump side of the political. Ledgers so are they Dumping tesla stock as? Well BECAUSE i See tesla's not done real, well although it. Is it did jump a little bit the other.
Speaker 17: Day, Well tesla of course dipped its toe into the political, waters you know obviously when When Elon musk took his role and really before, that when when he took his role in the. Campaign, yeah so a hard fourteen percent drop last week when the original announcement of the threat was made that we could remove the electric vehicle subsidies from you, know from the ability for somebody to buy and make a little bit more reasonably.
Speaker 1: Priced so the little.
Speaker 17: Bounce back there after that fourteen percent, drop it came back almost four. Percent but when that drop, happened it took away about one hundred and fifty billion dollars in market. Value nothing has changed about A tesla. Vehicle it's the same product it was before this whole, debate and it kind of fills the same. Role, however this is what happens when when companies dip their toes into the political Where we've seen this. Before Henry ford took his company through a major hit when he published in his own newspaper some anti semitic. Articles board was not publicly traded at the time that he did, That but same car, company you, know same, idea took a major hit because that the owner took a political stance against some of its. Customers AND i think that's what's happening. Here we're just seeing the fallout from.
Speaker 1: It, well and let's face, it you, Know tesla's as a product propped up in part because the government was willing to give you some money back if you bought one that or some other electric. Vehicles AND i think this whole green agenda seems to be taking a nosedive. GLOBALLY i, mean people are realizing, that you, know solar panels can't meet the challenges of day to day life. Blackouts these projects have gone over, budget and they're all funded and fueled by tax payer, dollars and it just seems to mean it has been a shift away from, it so that obviously is gonna have a long term impact on electric vehicles. Anyway hybrids seem to be the way of the. Future, yeah AND i think they're the way of the future and the way of the.
Speaker 17: PRESENT i THINK i think a hybrid is the best deal you've got goaling combining old technology with new until we get to a point where the new technology can really make everything else, obsolete you.
Speaker 1: Know but it's interesting. There Elon musk has always.
Speaker 17: Been obviously at the cutting edge of how can we make things more efficient and that kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing that's why he's got such a huge fan.
Speaker 17: Base but even he had a solar company called Solar, city and that we don't talk about that nearly as much as we talk About tesla and SpaceX and all those kinds of. Things and so it's very interesting that he took a position when he went on the political, side he took a position that worked directly against a lot of the major companies and the things that he's involved. In don't FORGET SpaceX is right, now it's our only way to get to. Space but it also relies on obviously an awful lot of federal government, grants and there's some risk there as. Well he's got at some point if he wants these companies to stay somehow connected and to stay, viable he's going to have to somehow be friends with whoever is sitting on the throne In, washington D. C and right now the relationship's not going too, fabulously although it seems that they possibly are on speaking terms.
Speaker 1: Again but, YEAH i guess we'll have to wait to see.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 1: HEADLINE i think that's the direction it's going to, go because that's a true, statement to be friends with the, administration regardless of what the administration is apparently to get anywhere in this. World everybody's figured that one. Out let's, pause Bring Brian james back to talk about some common social media myths about saving debt and by now pay. Later eight twenty Six fefty Five Kcity Talk. Station here's your ten and nine first one and weather forecast showers very likely along with some, thunderstorms seventy five for the High things clear up, overnight going down to sixty, degrees sunny skies with low. Humidity tomorrow high have seventy, eight few clouds over, night fifty eight and a Sunny wednesday and a Dry, wednesday so they'll be dry the rest of the week as. Well eighty two for the high. End right, now it's sixty. Eight in time for traffic from.
Speaker 16: THE Uc Health Traffic center From masauch therapy to stress relief and cancer. Surveillance THE Uc Cancer center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and. Survivors call five one three five eighty FIVE u see see see on eastbound seventy four Before Grove avenue accident blocking off the left laid traffic backed up To Montana avenue with a six minute. Delay right, Now i'm at E zamak on fifty five k R c the talk.
Speaker 1: Station it is a twenty nine if you HAVE kcd talk. Station very Happy monday to. You we're going to raise some awareness On Giving Voice. Foundation Christa, power the executive director for the, charity is also going to talk about a bourbon raffle for their fundraiser the Meantime Brian james myths out there in the. WORLD i, know, folks one of the things that you other financial planners always recommend you have a nice nest egg easily available for you in case like you get fired or things. Happen it's always worth having some money piled. Up but some people are operating under the perception, that, well it's just not worth saving unless you can put away a whole lot of. Money accurate or. Not, yeah that's.
Speaker 17: Accurate in terms of it being a. Myth, however you know that's this is a place where is this can get you in. Trouble so If i'm not BECAUSE i have concluded, that, well IF i can only put ten twenty bucks, away you, know a week While i'm just getting, started or you, know maybe in a rough period or, whatever then that's gonna kind of ingrain itself in my mind And i'll never. Save, so you, know, two, three four years down the, line Maybe i'm in a position now where i can save one hundred dollars a, week But i've already convinced, myself well it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Enough then it's not. Enough they're therefore it's never.
Speaker 17: Enough so these are just small habits in early on in your, careers when you're just getting, started it's more. Important the habit is more important than the than the active of saving just a few. Dollars if you can get into the habit of making sure that there's always a surplus on a monthly, basis and then that surplus gets saved into, something whether it's an emergency on bank account or your four oh ONE, k that is a strong.
Speaker 1: Habit it's gonna benefit you down the. Road so don't fall for that. Myth fair, Enough, now what about the idea that, well if you have a, big fat, paycheck then you are financially. SUCCESSFUL i know that's a.
Speaker 17: Myth this is a screaming myth because a lot of people take that high income and they make they make financial messes out of.
Speaker 1: Themselves do they use the phraseology all the?
Speaker 17: Time you, KNOW i might have a client with five hundred thousand dollars in their retirement plan and they're going to be just. Fine my other clients with five million dollars in their retirement plans live like they have twenty million dollars in their retirement. Plan so what matters is your is your cash flow not your pile of. Money it's the spending that, counts not how big the pile.
Speaker 1: Is, well and that, pile that money that you have, invested you'll have more to invest if you exercise financial. DISCIPLINE i, mean this is one of the things reasons WHY i always SAY i outkicked my coverage WHEN i. Married my wife's very, frugal and that aligns with my. MENTALITY i have always been absolutely scared of scared like hell of, debt you, KNOW i mean even having a. MORTGAGE i, mean we're capable of making the monthly mortgage, payment but we went a little more frugal than we certainly could have afforded when it came to our, house BECAUSE i never wanted to be house. POOR i, mean her her mindset was completely in line with. Mine so you, know if you really don't need, it you just don't buy. It that's financial, Discipline, Yeah and that leads.
Speaker 17: You that leads you to a position where down the road you'll be able to live your life without concern for where the next meal is coming, from this bill is, paid and so, forth and move the ball, forward not always scrambling for that next.
Speaker 1: Nickel, yeah there's a lot to do and enjoying the world without having to spend a lot of. MONEY i THINK i just learned that lesson over my entire. LIFE i think it's BECAUSE i grew up on The West, side something about the water over. There and, finally the whole idea of buy, now pay later's what's?
Speaker 17: This, yeah so this is a when you're buying something online, anymore most people ignore. It but if you're buying something, online there's always in your shopping cart when you're checking, out there's always a little link nowadays that, says, hey you could do this in for, you you could spend this twenty six dollars and forty two cents in four easy payments and your life will be. Great there's a bunch of companies that do. This klarna k l a R na is one of the big. Ones this is A swedish company that they're basically making. Money this is the modern day lay. Away so what they're doing is they're taking these relatively. Debts the Average klarna balance is about eighty seven, dollars as opposed to the average credit card balance more traditional financing about sixty five. Hundred so they're taking these extremely small amounts and you'll pay about ninety nine percent of users paying four different, payments and you're you're basically applying for credit able to get it without without a good credit. Score it's not the same kind of underwriting you'll go through in a credit card. Transaction klarna it makes money by hoping that some of these people out there aren't gonna make payments at, all and they're gonna Get they're gonna hit them.
Speaker 1: With late fees and all that kind of. Stuff the late fee on a you.
Speaker 17: Know it can be a seven dollars late fee on an eighty seven dollars. Payment if you think about, that that's about nine, percent and that's if you annualize that out over a long over a full.
Speaker 1: Year that's a huge amount of.
Speaker 17: Money but remember a lot of people translate by now pay later to buy now pay, maybe or never had the intent to pay in the first. Place So klarna consequently has laid off several thousand, employees and for whatever.
Speaker 1: Reason student loans just bought that in my, Mind, brian, yeah a little.
Speaker 17: Bit, again definitely by now pay Maybe i'm or wait till the government decides that we're not going to bother collecting those dollars, anymore which is never gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen, Amen it's always a pleasure talking with, You Brian. James thanks to All Worth financial as always for loaning you out for a few. Segments So i've appreciate the. Information i'm sure my listeners do as. Well we will have another go at this Next. Monday in the, meantime have a wonderful, week my. Friend, yes, sir stay, dry talk to You. Monday thanks, brother coming to with an a thirty five fifty five CARE cd talk. Station we're gonna be hearing it from Executive Chrystal, power executive director Of Giving Voice, Foundation Burbo. Raffle there's a bourbon raffle and there's some really awesome bourbons available in this raffle for. Charity so get your credit card, out be ready to get some. Tickets don't. Cool wave you right back IF i have CARE cd talk. Station Happy Monday extra Special. Monday we're going to introduce you to a terrific, charity one THAT i certainly can relate. To Christ To, power executive director Of Giving Voice, Foundation welcome to the fifty five care Sceon Morning.
Speaker 11: Show, well thank you so much for having.
Speaker 1: Me let's start with your organization before we get to the fun and games of the bourbon raffle drinking for, charity which makes it justified in all, cases especially given the types of bourbons that are involved in. This in this bourbon raffle you're. Doing but The Giving Voice, foundation my listeners know and folks who listened to my father BEFORE i came, On, no he passed away from complications Of alzheimer's and it was just such an awful thing to behold a man he was so sharp and so. Brilliant to see his mind deteriorate to the point where he couldn't, Communicate it's just so. Awful and that's what your, Organization Giving Voice foundation deals, with is seniors With. Alzheimer's AM i?
Speaker 11: Right that's exactly? Right AND i you, Know i'm always my heart reaches out to those who are. Impacted and it's hard to find anyone who is not impacted By alzheimer's disease. Anymore it's such a far reaching.
Speaker 1: Experience the, statistics the statistics bear out out it's becoming a more is it more? Problematic and if, SO i, mean do we have any connection as to why or is just that people are living a lot longer these days than they used.
Speaker 11: To, well there's definitely a, blend like you, said people living, longer there also is more awareness and identifying the disease. Process and SO i think what we're seeing also on the other end of longevity is there's early diagnosis for people as young as in their forties or. Fifties and as you, know this disease can be very long term in its expanse as, well so you, know sometimes ten twenty. Years SO i think both, ways you, know science has improved as well as our longevity of our.
Speaker 1: Bodies all, right real briefly, here AND i don't want to put you in the spot if you don't, know you don't, know BUT i don't. EITHER i have heard early diagnosis And i've heard they can diagnose. It do you know what's involved in a, Diagnosis like IF i went to the doctor AND i SAID i want to be diagnosed to see IF i Have, alzheimer's the onset Of, alzheimer's what they do and how they go about.
Speaker 11: That, yeah there's you, know there are some there's some cognitive assessments that are, done there's some blood work that is, done and ultimately they do without having the gene one of the. Genes that's one small portion of the. Diagnosis there's then people who do not have a gene who still have a very various forms of, dementia like vascular dementia that goes along with heart, issues Or louis body or frontal temporal. Lobe there's so many more than Just alzheimer's. Disease but there's the assessments that are done that have enough red flags for a physician to be able to, say you, know, yes you are, diagnosed and here's here are some resources that are, available because, unfortunately there is no way to ultimately diagnose till once a person has has passed, away and there's there's not a lot of. Medications there's one that IS fda, approved but there's not much that can be done to slow or reverse the effects of the.
Speaker 1: Disease, yeah And i'm praying for that day much in the same WAY i am praying that some day they have cared for. CANCER i am praying so hard that some day that they can come up with something to you even do With. Alzheimer's, again that my personal, experience and of COURSE i just weep for my mom and what she had to go. Through it's just, terrible which leads us over to The Giving Voice. Foundation what is it that your organization does for folks who obviously have been diagnosed With alzheimer's or.
Speaker 11: Dementia, well like you, said it's it's such a toll on the care, partners whether it's your, spouse or it's your, parent or it's a peer who is diagnosed and lives through the. Disease So Giving Voice foundation exists to provide direct services and support and social engagement for the person diagnosed and their care. Partner we really find that these boots on the ground services for people make such a. Difference SO i really like to highlight two parts of our. Programming the first is we do offer an opportunity for care partners to come and meet with a licensed social worker to discuss their specific loved one and their scenario and situation so they can become equipped and get resources and support an education for their. Journey and then the bulk of our other programming is social. Engagement what we found Is alzheimer's disease and other dementias are such an isolating type of disease that it's really important to create a safe environment where people are accepted just as they, are you, know whether your memory is starting to go or words are a you and you just feel uncomfortable in regular. Society that's why we create space and we weave in things like music and. Movement oh, yeah and, yeah like.
Speaker 18: Just lots of opportunities that create joy and purpose and they're dual tasking and so there's real science also behind our programs that just appear from the outside very.
Speaker 1: Joyful, yeah you, know That's i'm glad you mentioned Because i'm looking at your. Site music in motion one of the things my dad when was in the assisted living facility just absolutely loved and a shout out To Tim goldry and the lead singer for The. Menus he goes to these different facilities and. Performs my dad loved when he came there and. Sang he just thought he was the greatest. Entertainer just really got a kick out of. It so it was a really bright spot in in otherwise sometimes not too bright, day if you know WHAT i.
Speaker 11: Mean, absolutely music is such a healing, force and you, know when you then pull up music from a person's life when they were eighteen or twenty or twenty two years, old it really has the capacity to call a person into the. Moment it's amazing how people.
Speaker 1: Join in and, sing all, right, well what's christ the? Power i'm holding you over because we're gonna Get we've now we've mentioned The Giving Voice. Foundation It's Giving VOICE fd and dot. Org oh, look you can donate and help them, out or you can Buy Bourbon raffle. Tickets we're gonna Have chris to talk about The Bourbon, raffle what's involved with that and where you get the Tickets when we come. Back it's just a few month minutes wait around fifty FIVE krc one more time for the E channa Nine weatherfork asks, rainy rainy and thunderstormy. Today we should expect that seventy five will be the. High things clear up, overnight it'll ge down to sixty. Degrees we get sunny skies with low humidity, Tomorrow so a Pleasant. Tuesday seventy eight for the, high overnight low of fifty, eight just a few clouds and a Sunny wednesday and a Dry. Wednesday dry the rest of the week as. Well eighty two for the. High it's sixty eight. Degrees time for final traffic from THE Uc Health Traffic.
Speaker 16: Center from massage therapy to stress relief and cancer, Surveillance THE Uc Cancer center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and. Survivors call five one three FIVE a FIVE ucc see Luft lane is blocked off eastbound seventy four Before Spring Grove. Avenue traffic is stop and go back To Montana avenue with a five minute. Delay that he's not Like i'm fifty five k R cd Talk STATION.
Speaker 1: A forty. Nine if you do Have Kercity Talks Station Brian thomas talking To Christa. Power she's the executive effer director For Giving Voice, foundation helping folks With alzheimer's that will be caregivers as well as the struggling With alzheimer's all kinds of programs and. Resources SO i recommend if you are impacted By alzheimer's to check out their, Website Giving VOICE Fdn, Foundation Giving VOICE fdn dot org and learn about all the programs. There would you Just chris AND i just scratched the surface in the last segment of everything that they. Do so also maybe consider a, donation maybe the donation in the form of buying a rare bourbon raffle. Ticket, christa you got some great bourbons you're giving away in this.
Speaker 11: Raffle, yes they're wonderful bourbons and they're very hard to find as a full. Collection so this is The Buffalo Trace Antique collection with there's a total five. Bottles there's three whiskeys and two Rise so it's a really exciting raffle we have going on and certainly an easy way for people to support the work that we. Do AND i will mention all of the programs and services Of Giving Voice foundation are. Free so this is how we go about providing free services is by garnering community.
Speaker 1: Support, yeah and let us know overlook the for the low price of a raffle, ticket you have an opportunity to win probably more than ten thousand dollars worth of this these five. Bottles the street value of these is. Outrageous twenty twenty Three Buffalo trace Anti collection Includes george Stat GEORGE. T stag, Bourbon THOMAS. H, Handy Sazaak rye, Whiskey sazarak, right eighteen year old, Whiskey William LaRue weller, bourbon and finally the celebrated eighteen Or Ego rare seventeen year Old. Bourbon and Did Buffalo trace got flooded? Out didn't? They did they lose any of their inventory in that?
Speaker 11: Flood they, Did, yeah back in the. Spring they had a horrible, flood SO i know that they had to do quite a bit of recovery and did lose. Some so we were fortunate to have these bottles donated to us by anonymous. Donor and oh and have these, available SO i think even more rare.
Speaker 6: Than you, know the.
Speaker 1: Normal you can't just go to the you can't go to the party source and buy one of these off the shelf because once they show, up they're, gone so.
Speaker 7: Right exactly.
Speaker 11: Exactly so we're making these available for as low as a twenty five dollars raffle. Ticket you can buy one ticket for twenty five dollars or five tickets for one hundred. Dollars And june fourteenth it Is National Bourbon, Day so at two pm we'll be calling the, winner drawing the winner and calling. Them they don't have to be present to, win but we will be gathering At Revival Vintage Bottle shopping comington if people want to come and see the drawing happen.
Speaker 1: Live oh, Cool, WELL i assure you that you just sold five, tickets Because i'm going to get online At sincey with a Y sinceybourbonarraffle dot com and that'll walk you through the steps to get yourself some. Tickets BUT i, mean, folks at, LEAST i MEAN i nobody out there are listening on. It it's at least it's twenty five. Bucks and this is an amazing charitable. Organization, again the services they offer are free and relying on things like this to to to provide these wonderful. Services SO i think it's a low. Price you can end up with these rare bourbons on top of, it even if you're not a bourbon. Drinker trust, me someone out there in the world will want to buy them from, you, Right, Christa that's exactly.
Speaker 11: Right you'll have, many many friends coming out of the. Woodwork, yes thank you for choosing to buy and support it really doesn't mean a lot and just having the opportunity to share this with your, circle your. Listeners we are grateful for people on how they show up for us and it's.
Speaker 1: FUN i.
Speaker 11: Hope i'm, excited you, know for drawing the. Winner it's a moment of you, know kind of pause in the drum roll where we have a lot of people in the, drawing and that, said overall it's not that many, people so you really do stand a decent.
Speaker 1: Chance Revival Vintage Bottle, shop two, pm drawing, Time june. Fourteenth you want to be, there be, there but they will definitely call you by telephone if you are not there in. Person, krista power on behalf of all the who you have served and continue to serve at giving voice in the. Foundation thank you from the bottom of my. Heart i'll encourage my listeners to get some bourbon tickets and support the. Organization and, also you, know rely on the services your organization provides if you're impacted By. Alzheimer's it's a beautiful thing you're. Doing, christa thank you so much for spending time with my listeners of me, today, well.
Speaker 11: Thank, you and like you, said just as people are so generous to support, us we want to be available for, Everyone so tap into us and thank. You thank you for spraying the, word and we'll look forward To june, fourteenth the drawing.
Speaker 1: Time i'm sure we'll talk again down the road at some. Point Christ that it's been a pleasure having you on this show and thanks again for what you're doing every. Day it's eight fifty four folks Again Cincy Bourbon raffle dot com since you with The Ybourbon raffle Dot. Com get your tickets if you don't get a. Chance Man christopher smith but he's just been on fire of. Late he has a real problem with The Cincinnati city Of cincinnati's reaction to the breaking and entering and stabbing that have and with that gym owner and over The, rhine and it was really. Disturbing and of course his widow has been very outspoken about The city Of cincinnati's activities and failure to provide law enforcement in the. Area so Check smithman's comments on That Money money With Brian james podcast fifty five cars dot. Com And joe have the link for The Bourbon raffle on my, page as well as the information About Giving Voice. Foundation Joe, strecker thank you for everything you. DO i appreciate. IT i hope everyone has a Happy. Monday tune in tomorrow for The bright Bart Inside scoop and The Daniel Davis Deep dive and have a great. Day Glenn beeck's coming, up so don't.
Speaker 13: Go WELL a full rundown and the biggest headlines just minutes.
Speaker 1: Away at the top of the, Hour.
Speaker 15: I'm giving you a fact now The americans should.
Speaker 13: Know fifty FIVE krs the talk.
Speaker 1: Station this report is sponsored BY i