Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Welcome to the aw Ignition Podcast, brought to you by the aw fan Hub community. This is Alex. I am your loan host for the evening. Kelson is indisposed. It is election night in the United States of America, so a lot of our normal participants are perhaps voting or watching election coverage. We will not be discussing the election tonight. We will only be sticking solely to the world of aw wrestling. We have some moves that we're going to talk about, and then we will do a little recap of the upcoming Dynamite coming to us tomorrow night. I am joined tonight by our friend Sutton and Net and first we're going to talk about some events we had on the weekend. We had a few wrestlers from ae W showing up at New Japan Pro Wrestling, and it seems like they're starting to build to the Wrestle Dynasty show. I know that you're most excited about this. First person that we're going to talk about, we had Kenny Omega his return.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am excited to see Kenny back. I'm glad that he's feeling better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about him returning on New Japan instead of AW.
Speaker 2: I think he returned to New Japan because that's just where he kind of is, I don't know, most comfortable, maybe a good.
Speaker 1: Way to make a name for himself. That's where he yeah, Ken Omega, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think that's that's why he decided to come back there. And there seems to be a lot of things going on at a a W at the moment, so maybe he's letting those stories play out a little bit.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna do with the speed of New Japan. It's different there. It's not the same as it is in a W. Their matches to me, run slower. Everything is done methodically, so you I mean you don't. It's not that you have less excitement in the matches. It just seems to be done mm hm.
Speaker 4: You know with a method.
Speaker 3: They have a method to their madness, whereas in AW you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Japan generally it's not like televised. It's just you watch it on their streaming service. Like they're not building the match around commercials or have to keep it short for TV.
Speaker 5: Right, right, that's true.
Speaker 4: Who did he challenge? I didn't see it yet. Who did he challenge.
Speaker 1: I think he he basically said he's challenging someone like a young up and comer. I don't think he named anyone specific, But then backstage he was attacked by Gabe Kid.
Speaker 4: That would be a resting match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, making Kid did a bit in aw like he had he tagged with Roderick Strong for whatever reason, and they had the tag match on the opening show. But in New Japan he's a much bigger deal.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, this is like a few to set up something bigger at Wressell Dynasty, or if this is going to be the match that Keny Omega has at Wressell Dynasty. I think I also saw he made a funny comment basically saying that that Gabe Kid attacking him backstage reminded him of a certain someone who also attacked him backstage, basically hinting at cmpunk.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wow, can he's been out of touch for a while. He doesn't realize that Sampunk doesn't work here anymore.
Speaker 1: Jesus, he's just poking the bear if CM punk, yeah, respond.
Speaker 5: It's it's easy to bother sampunk.
Speaker 2: He gets worked up, absolutely, Yeah, it's easy. But with Kenny coming back, I wonder when we're going to also see a boushie. I've been waiting awaiting his return as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that reason, Yeah, that could be a reason why he didn't show up in a w yet. Maybe they're waiting for a boushie to be healthy if they're gonna bring back him with the boushie and they're going to have like a match, I guess like the young Bucks are said to be out for a while as well.
Speaker 3: So I can't remember which one, but one of them has a separated shoulder, and that's yeah, I couldn't I couldn't remember which one it was. But that's basically the reason why they left the titles where they did, and they're taking the time off. Problem with us separated shoulder is that doesn't necessarily alas heal. I mean, you can get it back to the point where it's not bothering you anymore. But that's something that he could always have a problem with. But I kind of think you're right on that though, Alex. I think that the the when he when a Boushie and Omega come back, I think there's gonna be a short, small little feud between them and the Bucks.
Speaker 4: That might lead to a turnaround for the elite. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's an idea, but it's hard to tell when that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell what they're doing that and a bush spent all. We're social media, so I don't know. He's also hinted that he's ready to come back, that he's been training and he's in the gym every day and he's made up with everybody.
Speaker 5: At New Japan. Oh really, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He was saying that he's he's forgiven things and left things in the past, So who knows what's going on there?
Speaker 5: You know, I've been wondering.
Speaker 3: And if you think about it, Aboushi was the one that came out with the thing saying that Kenny was a couple of months at least three two or three months away from being back, and that puts you at Russell dynasty, So you know, this is kind of working towards that.
Speaker 4: But it's going to be I mean, what he thinks are going right now? I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is this is kind of crazy. There's there's some crazy stuff going on. It is a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: It's a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it leads us to like Rickish debut. Well showed up in New Japan. I think he was there maybe last six or eight years ago. Yeah, and he showed up to challenge Zach Saber Junior. I think they've already announced that that's going to be a match at Russell Dynasty. Their exact Saber Junior is still the world champion at that point remains to be seen. But it's interesting because you know, Ricochet when he was in New Japan was not necessarily a main event guy. He's maybe not a main event guy. Even right now, he's really good. I think they're building him to be a main event guy, but it is an interesting choice for a big matchup in New Japan.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about it is that he kind of falls into the same boat that Shelton Benjamin did. He wasn't used right in WWE, They didn't use him anyway.
Speaker 4: Near how he should have been used.
Speaker 3: Ricochet should have been one of their top superstar period because he's that good.
Speaker 4: You know, this this him coming.
Speaker 3: To a w and aw making him, putting him in the situation he's been in against h Takeushta and Osprey and kind of rolling that in it's really put a highlight on him and shown what he can do. And I just hope it continues because Ricochet could be a big building block for AW.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that he has like a great look. He's better than I expected on the mic cutting promos and stuff. I thought he would be really bad, just because I'd seen bits and pieces along from a long time ago. But he's been surprising, And yeah, he's looked kind of they've basically presented him on the level of Ospray. You almost wonder when when Osprey was choosing to go to AW or WWE, if if you looked at how they treated Ricochet and kind of help that make his decision, Like, here's the guy that's skill level to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah too.
Speaker 3: And not only that, but you know, if you're a superstar and you've been in New Japan or somewhere else and you look at you're wanting to stay and be able to do that again, you know it's not gonna happen if you go to WWE. Seriously, they're not gonna They're not gonna work with New Japan. Very rarely do they send people there. They might work with like TNA or something small, but they're not gonna work with the places that you want to work with that you have in the past, So you have to make a choice and say, hey, if I go to AW, I can pretty much work wherever I want to and.
Speaker 4: Do what I want.
Speaker 3: And or I could go to a W and yeah, they may pay me more money, but I won't be as exposed or get as much exposure as I used to. So you know, I think that's a major factor and why a lot of these superstars are choosing a W instead of W.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, for sure. And I think there was one more person to mention, not necessarily for Wressell Dynasty, and I don't know if he showed up in New Japan over the weekend, but we had Takeshta has been announced for International title Match FIRSUS. I think TJP from the United Empire.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and Tekesh is going to be in Seattle this weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TJP W is having an event hosted by DeFi.
Speaker 5: And he's going to be here, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the the women wrestlers, a bunch of people. I can't even think of all who it is, but I know Takesh is going to be here. I think on a I think it's his show. I think is on the ninth. It's a whole weekend of events from Friday to Sunday, and I don't remember who he's wrestling. I think it's him and his friends who are in D D T. I think it's the name of the group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the promotion. Okay, maybe the third or fourth biggest promotion in Japan.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's they're they're putting on a show. So I don't know when they announced it. When they announced this whole weekend event, I wasn't that big ongoing. And then by the time they announced to Kesta, all the tickets were pretty much sold out, so I'm you know, I missed out. They sprung to Kesta on kind of at the last minute, darn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if he's I'm trying to pull it up and I don't see any matches announced, but I wonder if he's going to defend the international title there against somebody.
Speaker 5: I don't don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I really have no idea because I've been kind of disappointed that I'm not going, so I've been trying not to pay attention. So I don't know, I really don't know, but I know.
Speaker 5: He's going to be here.
Speaker 2: So and a lot of the women wrestlers that whole promotion, a bunch of people are supposed to be here. I'm not really familiar with all of them, so I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm looking. I'm looking at a picture and that looks like, yeah, Takeshta Machi Edo, Nick Wayne, and it looks like Marina Shaffir as well, will be there.
Speaker 2: Ten She's the DeFi Women's World Champion, so she'll she'll definitely be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait till she has a match in a w again. I can't wrestling on Ring of Honor. But yeah, I like her a lot. I think she's really cool.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 2: She's very very good. I'm seeing her live too. She's a very good wrestler. I like her technical skills. I hope that they show her a lot more and you know, really do something with her other than just kind of be Max's sidekick or whatever she's got going on there. So I'm you know, she's got a lot to bring to the women's division.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, for sure, if they can get opponents that kind of match her style. Yeah, it's kind of the hard perp. But I'm sure there's some.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can think of a couple, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's going to be in the cards for her at the moment. I don't think they're going to do anything with her other than what she's doing right now, because one, there's really no storyline unless they unless they have the group, you know what I mean, unless somebody like you know, I can't think of names right now.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 3: But if they get somebody, if they have like if they have good lord, my brain just died.
Speaker 1: Well they have like cop flight is there and they have Lailah Grays with them they want to.
Speaker 4: They could do it with her. They could do it with the big girl. I can't think of her name.
Speaker 3: No, they could have Naya, you know, I mean na A Rose would be a good competition for her, because Niala. They don't give her enough credit for what she can do in the ring. She can go with anybody, but it's gonna be one of those things where to make it work you have to fit it into the storyline. And right now, You've got hers playing enforcer and that's it. She's not going into you know, there's there's no woman in a w that AW can pick to go, Okay, this is who are enforcer's going to be. They just don't have anybody to fit that. And they wouldn't that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe if they said, like Willow is part of the conglomeration and they're feuding against.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I just I just don't see Willow in that role, you know what I mean. She just she's I guess, no other way to put it. She's more like a giant teddy bear, you know what I mean. She doesn't come across as like a power wrestler. Like, for example, if you wanted to put Statlander in that role, she would make an amazing enforcer for the AW crew.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and that and.
Speaker 3: That actually would be that would I think would be an amazing match between her and yeah Statlander and uh, oh my god, that would be a hell of a match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they could. My wife was wearing a best friend's shirt. They had Statlander and it didn't have Wheeler U't on it, but I had Chuck Taylor and Trent and Orange Cassidy I mean, yeah, Statlander, I don't know why they even broke them up now that Statlander's you know, a baby face again.
Speaker 4: And that whole thing was such a waste of time.
Speaker 1: They really, you know, I think they should have just kept going with it. It takesse disappointing that they.
Speaker 4: Just it was one of those.
Speaker 3: I still think they went around the wrong way because it would have made more sense to turn Willow, especially if they were going to do it for such a short amount of time, because Willow. For me, during that whole time, Willow came across as being kind of a tweeer because one minute she was all giddy and happy, in the next minute she had a main street And to me, it would have just been more believable had it been her, because she had as much reason to turn as Statlander did, because she was getting screwed over in a.
Speaker 4: Lot of things too. So the reason they turned that would have worked either way, and they I just.
Speaker 3: Think they chose the wrong one. But thank god they've changed it back now. They just need to get stat Lander in some matches where she's not getting putting matches against you know, like she did the last match that wasn't even shouldn't even been close to the match, but.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: The one against Camille.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Camille, I'm sorry. I like Camille's character, but she's not a wrestler she did so it just made me angry because Camille against Queen Amanada looked horrible. She looked she barely beat Queen Amanada. And Queen Monada is good, but she's not quite top level yet. She's getting there very quickly, but she's not quite there. But then Camille comes back and wrestles someone like Statlander, who is one of the top talents in the women's division, and they made Camille look like one of the greatest wrestlers ever. And you know, it's kind of it kind of to me is like I said last week, I was telling Kelson the women's divisions problem. They're they're never going to get over the women's division over the hump if they continue to do matches like that where you have Statlander, who should be vying for either of the should be vying for the women's world title.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest. She's she's paid her dues and she should.
Speaker 3: Be in that in that realm, she goes up against somebody who is not on her level, yet she makes them, she gets a point where she has to put up a match where she has to make them look super great when they're not. And it's like when people we go against Britt Baker in the past, or the people going up against Monatue. Now, you know has been put in some matches that she should never have won because she's just not that good, at least in my eyes. I mean there's a personal opinion, but from watching the matches and seeing what she's done, she struggles, and they're putting her against the wrong people. You need to put somebody, you got to start. They until they get to the point where they have matches between believable matches between the life talent.
Speaker 4: The women's division is always going to struggle.
Speaker 3: It's just never going to get over the hump because you've got too many matches that are should be a handicap match that aren't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't say it's only the women's division. I think a lot of aw because they put on longer matches. That is, you know, you end up putting on matches where Leo Rush goes like fifteen minutes against That was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But I get it from what they did it for because you know, they wanted to showcase Shelton's ability.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fantastic match, and I guess there's just like an element of just suspending your disbelief. You just want to watch a good wrestling match. Yeah, it's maybe more equal than it should be, but.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm with Leo you. I mean, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I don't think you were here for that kills and started calling him Riho Rush.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, in the a w Leo.
Speaker 3: Rush versus Riho would be the greatest match you could ever see.
Speaker 4: It literally would be a great match.
Speaker 1: Reminds me. I guess Marco Stunt retired apparently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, something about it or some injury to back or something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah yeah, Nett, I cut you off. I think you're about to say something.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna agree. I would like to see where they did a little bit more like wrestlers like wrestlers, and then change it up a little bit like One of the best matches I think I saw was when they did Danielson and Zach Saber Junior, two very good technical wrestlers.
Speaker 5: And that doesn't mean that Danielson.
Speaker 2: Can't wrestle Mocks or Claudio or whoever else. But they had him with someone that really could match him at his skill level. And when they do the matches where they have somebody like Shelton Benjamin just beating up Leo Rush all the time, it's like you just have to really just suspend your belief. If they put Benjamin with someone who was one his skill level and then he had a couple of matches with people that were not his size and his skill set, it would be a little more interesting for the average person to catch just out there every week beating up everybody. Claudio's swinging everyone.
Speaker 5: Around all the time.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, get someone equal to them a little bit, give us a little bit of a challenge and make us want to see the matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't see this on Rampage, but apparently they had Commander versus Leo Rush, and that kind of makes me think of like what you're talking about. You actually don't know who's going to win that, right a Leo, but apparently Commander got a rare victory in that match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's like everybody talks about the Leo Rush Shelton Benjamin match, but I think that the match between uh just the past Wednesday last week with Shelton and UH Swerve, that was an amazing match. That Mask guys too, That was a perfect example what you're saying that you know it you guys on level and you could you could that mass could have went that that mass could have went for days and no one would have been surprised because you know, they were they were what they were. And that's one of the things that's that's great because Shelton Benjamin brings that something that you know, there's he brings something to a w that there's a few people can do. And that's go with guys like Swerve and you know, and that's the thing about it. And and like you know, now with Bobby there, it's going to get crazy.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to see Bobby actually coming out every week beating everyone up. Just give him some challenge.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, he's got to get his mask against Rush Leo, so you have that, I know, the h maybe Leo earn himself a title, get a shot at TNT title or something.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe he Yeah, you know, because you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to you know, you don't have to beat everyone up all the time. And also I love my wrestlers. I have all my favorite wrestlers, But realistically, I don't think everyone has to win everything all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's some of these guys just non stop winning, and then there's just non stop losing.
Speaker 5: You know. It's it's okay to lose a match or two.
Speaker 2: It makes it more believable, and it's okay for the underdog to win. And you know, I'm tired of you know, everybody just coming out and just it's like, Okay, they're gonna win again. You know, here we go with the roll up, here we go with the with the orange punch, Here we go.
Speaker 5: With the European upper cut all over again.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a common yeah, you know, so that I think that maybe Danielson a little bit more exciting because he had.
Speaker 5: He had his moves, but he always.
Speaker 2: Kind of brought something a little bit different every time, and it seemed like he brought something different out in each of his opponents that you weren't always expecting to see.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, we'll see what happens next.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, let's let's try to talk about another topic that I have. There we had some recent ww WWE releases, not particularly big names, but we had Keegan Knocks, Indye Heartwell, and Baron Corbin. Of these three names, I can't say I'm too familiar with the two female wrestlers. I think Tiga Knox wrestled on the indies as like EV before. I know Indy Hartwell was part of a group in NXT he. I think both of them got called up to the main roster and didn't do a whole lot, and that's kind of why they're being released. Then Baron Corbin, he's a guy that I think everyone's always hated in WWE, but a part of me would be interested in seeing a guy like that in ww in AEW because he's the guy that can do promos, he can be a character, and he's big. He just look huge against a lot of these AEW guys, and I just think that there would be some interest in me seeing him in WWE. I know in the past NJF in him have kind of had some like Twitter bromance stuff, talking with how much they love each other's work.
Speaker 3: If Corbyn comes in, if they bring Corbin in, I would like to see him get involved with Callus's group because you talk about him being a big guy. I think it would fit with Callous's new bigger guy group that he's now got. The family there now is huge. You know, he's got he's got he's got the.
Speaker 4: R O H TV title holder, and he's got.
Speaker 3: All the big guys that are in that one group.
Speaker 4: He would fit in there.
Speaker 3: Teaking knocks I think would be a great addition to the women's division because what I did see of her when she was in NXT. I think the one thing I remember seeing her she got she got beat up, her knee taken out in one of their like uh war games matches they had back in a few years ago. She was hurt and her friend turned on her. I think that was teaging or it might have been teaging eternal, I can't remember exactly.
Speaker 4: But she's not a bad wrestler.
Speaker 3: She would definitely add depth to the aw women's division. I don't know the other girl. I've never seen her that I know of, So you know, but I don't really like Corbyn because every time I've ever seen him in WWE, he always played the arrogant I'm better than everybody else when he really wasn't.
Speaker 4: So you know, but I don't know. I think if he came in, he would make a good addition to Kallis's group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of. I'm just imagining a situation where he's, you know, with MJF and he's kind of like Wardlow except on mjf's level, like they're both you know, just dicks together. Basically, that could.
Speaker 3: Be an interesting group to put him with MJF and Wardlow with k Cole.
Speaker 4: Very interesting.
Speaker 5: That has more or more scheduled to come back.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, because you know, I.
Speaker 4: Know he's been backstage, just like uh.
Speaker 3: Will Hobbs has been backstage, but they don't say anything about him.
Speaker 1: Like he was backstage, not showing on camera or anything.
Speaker 5: Yeahs backstage.
Speaker 4: But I'm kind of thinking that Tony is using this to.
Speaker 3: He leads those reports that they're backstage to give people idea that they might be coming, just to keep the interest there, you know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean speaking of keeping interest?
Speaker 2: Seriously, I know I advocate for Dan Housen to come back a lot. Does anyone think that he's seriously ever going to be that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, and he has the wrong friend. That's what it all comes down to he's got the wrong friend.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people are friends mat.
Speaker 1: Apparently like FTR. They go on and on about how good friends they are with him, right.
Speaker 3: But I think what happened was when the whole situation went down, Dan Housen kind of was I mean a lot of people who were friends with the cmpunk kind of like kept it on the down low at that time and didn't really say, you know, back punk or whatever, and Dan Housen kind of did, and he kind of got on the bad side of Tony at the time. And I think Tony's holding a grudge, at least that's.
Speaker 4: What I've heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's making a lot of money off merchandise sales, but that's about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I mean, mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: He's working some independence, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I not too long ago, and he's on GCW quite a bit. But I just wondered if he was just seriously just done over there.
Speaker 1: And I think they they love selling dan Housen merch though, mm hmm. Like if you look at aw they were selling a dan Housen box like a mystery box. They're selling like dan Housen like wrestle Buddy thing now yeah, he seems to be one of their biggest merch movers for a guy that hasn't been on TV and just about a year now. I think last time was like right after Halloween.
Speaker 5: M h god, it's been a while. It's been quite a while.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tony and Lee Rush made up, so I figured there might be hope for Dan Housen.
Speaker 3: But maybe, I mean, you know, it's one of the things that it's kind of like with Leo, the same thing with Dan Housen.
Speaker 4: Dan Housen is not a big guy, so right now, there's not a whole.
Speaker 3: Lot of smaller people in a W that he could really you know what I mean without suspending your you know, yeah, without without without thinking about you know, he could go up against uh, he go up against Orange Cassidy and a couple other guys that I could think of that are down to his size. But Dan Housen is a great wrestler, but I don't think he fits with.
Speaker 4: A W right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a wrestler.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like he could if he was there and just buddies with Orange Cassidy and he could wrestle a tag match with him and lose to better people and people would just love to see him. He's the kind of guy I could just lose matches and you're just happy you got to see Dan Housen.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they could fit him in. But I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 2: I just I just wonder so I can try to leave Dan Housen in the past, so.
Speaker 3: On the back burner for now. Never know, leave maryl Low heat he might come in handy later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm true, you never know. There's a lot of wrestlers.
Speaker 2: That are like, like, whould we just say Warlow?
Speaker 5: Who's you know?
Speaker 2: And and Will Hobbs and uh that i'd like to see more of. I'd like to see more of thunder Rosa. So you know that they're there, but they're not there.
Speaker 5: If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So you know, and I'm really interested to know where this this whole Mocksley cut.
Speaker 5: Kind of thing is going.
Speaker 2: But I know it needs to go somewhere because I think that was you Sutton that's pointed out before. Aw Head honchos have a habit of drawing things out and it makes you lose interest.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about with Moxley is and the thing they're doing is he's he's making it seem like he's trying to change what's going on in aew and he's his biggest thing he said so far, that he's been saying over and over again is the fact that he's tired of these guys who are getting by without doing anything and are just coasting. And that's basically what he's wanted to do. And he's talked about wanting to get the younger guys involved more, which he's done. I mean, everything that that Maxley has said he wants to have happened, he's been doing. But he's been doing it in such a way that everybody got this. He's an evil guy, you know, and he's he's a bully and all this other stuff, which is great because I think it's I think it's gonna come to a head in the middle of the next month because I think we'll get you out of the way and then they'll be in the.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's gonna be tough to do the.
Speaker 3: Tournament again in December when you got this kind of stuff going on, so they may have to do something to end it, or kind of diet down for a little while or something. But it's it's to me, it's been fun because I love to see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I wonder why don't we start getting into some dynamite matches. We have Orange, Cassidy and Darby Allen versus Claudio casting only in Park, and that's got to play into this. Yeah, this stuff going on because.
Speaker 3: Orange is the guy, since Orange is the first guy that's gonna challenge Moxley. Yes, only gonna be It's gonna be Orange versus every combination you can think of except from Moxley until full gear. We're assuming we've talked about this before, and I think you were there when we talked about Alex. We assume that it's gonna be Darby who is the winner of the beat down that ends up destroying Moxley or ending Moxley's ring. We assume that it's gonna be Derby.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But there's so many different ways to go. But you know, Darby really wasn't involved for almost a month, and they got into a couple of things last week, and now he's gonna be in this match. I think they're keeping Derby on the side because they don't want to get him involved in it too much, because it's not the build up how they want the build up to go. They want to get Orange done and then possibly somebody else and then bring in Darby. That's just how I think it's gonna go.
Speaker 4: But you're right. I mean it's gonna keep going. I told.
Speaker 3: It's like when they first started doing this. I told and Kelsen was like, I can't handle if this is going to do this every week, I said, get used to it, because it's gonna happen every week. Because if you're gonna keep this storyline going, they have to beat people down every week. If you don't, people are gonna go, Okay, well what's this got to do.
Speaker 4: Now? What happened?
Speaker 3: It's done, and they're gonna lose interest by keeping it active and keeping this battle line drawn.
Speaker 4: You keep it going whatever. Sane McMahon that everything, and I honestly is coming whatever.
Speaker 1: I feel like if he didn't show up right when Moxley won the title, then he's probably not. That's probably not what this is about.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if you've ever seen Shane McMahon and any of his character work has nothing to do with this kind of thing. And if Shane was going to come in as a part of one of the storylines that have been going on, It would have been more likely him to come in as the elite because he's always his characters aren't necessarily Daddy's you know, Daddy's boy, but he's always been kind of the like upper management kind of guy, and he fights in that kind of situation. So putting him in this, this role as Moxley's backer, Moxley's whipping boy or whatever, you know, this this doesn't fit for him.
Speaker 5: Have you all?
Speaker 2: Have you all noticed that Wheeler Yuda has been dressing exactly like Brian Danielson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so is Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not exactly like I mean, like the same shirt color, the same pants color. Every single time he's out there, Wheeler Yuda is dressed exactly like Danielson.
Speaker 4: He's paying tribute to Danielson.
Speaker 5: He's doing something.
Speaker 2: It's it's just very strange the story they're trying to tell. I can't quite catch on to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like what they're doing with Wheeler da. You know, you can't. You can't act like Wheeler da is just this tough guy that's on the same level as them, and and they don't. They're smart about it. They're they're still using him as you know, human bait basically against well.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to be kicked from the group before it's over. I think I think, like last week they put the chair around his neck Drew O Orae Cassidy. I think before it's over, you're just gonna be the he's gonna get cut from the group.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 3: You know, that could be too, but yeah, I think one way or the other, he's going to be out. And actually that might be how they kind of get the win in the end, is that you just turns on him because you know, as long as well as everybody else does that. Once OC loses, he's not staying out of it, you know, and they beat him, unless they beat him enough that he can't work for months, then yeah, that might do it. But I think he's gonna stick around in it. I think he's going to back Darby and maybe he'll turn and you know, like you said, we might see a ringing of the best friends. I mean, the only one where the hell is Chuck? Where the hell is uh, what's his name?
Speaker 4: Not Chuck? I can't where the hell is he at?
Speaker 1: He got hurt, I guess because he joined the Don Kallas family and then he's gone got hurt. Yeah, like Orange caught Cassidy hurt him. Oh but yeah, he just got hurt and they kind of had unfortunately sideline that story. I I enjoyed that stuff, but it's kind of like that Adam Cole stuff. You know, now when he comes back too much, other stuff has happened and you can't really go back to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you never know. He could come back as a as part of the best friends again.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 5: Who else do we have tomorrow night?
Speaker 1: So we have I'm really interested in this. It's can I stay Takeshta and Kyle Fletcher versus Rickashet and a mystery partner. Just to mention Kyle Fletcher, I don't know if you guys watched Collision, but him and Commander just had a crazy, such a good match.
Speaker 4: They had a.
Speaker 1: Match a long time ago in Ring of Honor that was phenomenal, So they have like spectacular chemistry. That match was amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody somebody mentioned this on one of the A subreddits or one of the one of the subreddits, and they said it might be somebody from his partner, might be somebody from the New Japan United Kingdom, because the United Kingdoms exists in New Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Can't remember it was one of It was either Jeff Cobb or somebody else, and I can't remember who the other person was.
Speaker 1: But uh oh, t j P. That would that would make sense because he has he has a match coming up versus to Castle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and is because you know Osprey. That's the weird thing about New Japan and a W. They always have these groups that are like crossovers, but they don't necessarily keep with it because like you had a Kata and Cassidy and the best friends were all part of.
Speaker 4: New Japan.
Speaker 3: But then when they come over here, they don't. They don't only knowledge those ties anymore. And it doesn't make any sense because when.
Speaker 4: They go back to New Japan they're part of the group again.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that if they do bring in TJP or Cobb or somebody from United Empire, that they actually come in for a little while and work with Will too, and maybe Davis since he's back, and kind of work on Kyle Fletcher to get his hass out of the Don Kallis family and back on normal human sanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Kyle Fletcher has been so good as this member of the don Kylis family the last few weeks. He's really like found himself as a character because before he was just kind of the generic guy that was part of don Kallis family. But you know, he had no personality beyond that.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, with the don Kylis family, they kind of ran out of people to use because either he was kicking people out or they were leaving him, and it was just down to at one point in time, it was just down to Takeshta and you know, they didn't really.
Speaker 4: Have a whole group there anymore.
Speaker 3: So they kind of gave Kyle Fletcher a chance to show what he can do, which everybody knew he could do it anyway. It wasn't like it was something that was that callus brought out. It just gave him the opportunity to bring out. And I really like the storyline. I just hope it goes you know, they don't just keease it a few more times and then it just drops.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, especially for Mark Davis if he you know, if he's not teaming up with Kyle Fletcher, he seems like he will have a tougher time as a singles wrestler to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he could always team up with Will for a little while. Mm hm, I mean because you know they can. I mean Will doesn't. Will's the kind of guy that can do just about anything, anytime, anywhere, and people you know he's gonna have. He doesn't have any titles anymore. He's kind of being a beat up by a group and it's just him at the moment. So you know, bringing in Davis and possibly someone from New Japan, especially since they seem to be working towards Russell Dynasty, this would be a good opportunity to bring in and outside a New Japan character for the United Kingdom to work with aw up until that point, and you could see a you could see this materialize into a United Kingdom versus Don Kallis type thing at Russell Dynasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, and that would be amazing. It's noticeable that Will Osprey is being kept basically completely apart from all the John Moxley stuff.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's the brains behind the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well maybe in philosopher y, not that he's dumb or anything, but he's just not like the cerebral type of guy.
Speaker 3: But you honestly you got to keep people separated. You can't have everybody involved in it. Then it becomes the black and white nWo and nobody wants to see that again.
Speaker 1: It's true, but like looking at it, you know, the conglomerations involved, Adam Cole's kind of sort of been part of some of the stuff that they've done.
Speaker 3: You've got you've got the conglomeration, and you've got Order, and you've got Top Flight.
Speaker 1: And Private Party.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and he's part of he's kind of part of top or not top flight, but private Party. He's been saying, you know, he's been talking with those guys and I got you back. So you've got four different groups.
Speaker 1: And the elite has kind of been in all.
Speaker 4: But they've been like hands off.
Speaker 3: So you know, there's there's a lot of That's the whole thing that's so awesome about this is there's so many different ways this could go and you don't know what's gonna happen. You know, we can sit here and say, you know, the elite's gonna take a few weeks off, then Kenny and them are gonna come back.
Speaker 4: They're gonna reform the.
Speaker 3: Elite, and then they're gonna take out Moxley, because I've seen a lot of people say they think that it's gonna be Omega that takes out Moxley. I don't think so, because it will be months before Kenny's at the level that he would want to be, not not that he needs to be, but he would want to be to go up a guy against a guy like Moxley, because you don't recover from the things that Kenny's been through and take six to eight months of rehab to try to get back into shape to just come in and go I'm back and I'm gonna kick Marxley's ass.
Speaker 4: No one's gonna buy that, and and that's not an Omegae thing. I think that.
Speaker 3: I think that's who his first person he will go up against will be Okada.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 1: I think so. Do you think when? When do you think that match would happen.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking I don't think he's going to have a match in ad w before Dynasty, which is only two months away.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not like it's the end of the world. It's going to be another two months.
Speaker 3: I think it will either happen at Grand Slam, in the Grand Slam in Australia, or whatever pay per views the next one after that, because I figure once wrestled Dynasty happens, then Omega.
Speaker 4: I think that once he has that match there, he'll come back.
Speaker 3: And it might even be the fact where they bring the Delite will come back at that time and they'll be like, you know, we're gonna have this, We're gonna oh, Anyboddy, we'll come back. We're so glad you're back in there, and he's not gonna forgive them, and they're gonna have some issues. Then that will finish it and they'll get back together, and then it will be Ocada will be left out of that.
Speaker 4: And won't be part.
Speaker 3: Of the Elite anymore. Maybe he'll be a twin or maybe he'll be a face, but it's hard to tell. That's just it's just the way it seems to be working out for me.
Speaker 5: Right this. He just kind of.
Speaker 1: All their documents, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And him. A lot of people think that that.
Speaker 3: The kid's gonna go to team up with Jack Perry, is going to team up with.
Speaker 4: Max. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's what's gonna happen, which will even on his own, and then he will either figure out to either turn face again or be a heel.
Speaker 4: Still Jack Perry his own.
Speaker 5: I think his term is turned. He just wants to be out there by himself decay.
Speaker 2: If anything, I don't I almost think that he was in this, that he was too much in the shadow of the Young Necks.
Speaker 4: It seems in the shadow of Young Bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I don't really see Jack Perry is really being strong and and coming out on his own.
Speaker 5: I mean, did you see he heard his own championship, how much more.
Speaker 1: So he was given well I guess he was not given it. He did win it, but basically given it by the Young Bucks. That's true. Metallurgy. Yeah, he's been great. It does seem like he could be Wheeler Yuda's replacement in the Just Taking or whatever they are. He definitely fits a lot more.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean in the in the last attack, when the Bucks had that match they came off the off the thing before they lost the titles the match before that, he was the one that came out and when it showed the Bucks, the Bucks kind of looked like they might have wanted to do something, but he had his arm around both of their next patting them on his chest, saying, come on, guys, we got to go, and it's it's like Perry's keeping them from doing what they want to do.
Speaker 4: And that was kind of the first time the Bucks kind of.
Speaker 3: He showed a little bit of possibility of wanting to get involved, but I did. What it's going to come down to with the Bucks is they're going to be like, look, y'all, ain't taken over our company. You work here, it's our company. We're the ones that started this place.
Speaker 4: You didn't. So I think that's what's going to turn the Bucks around eventually.
Speaker 1: Maybe mm hmm. Yeah, it would be interesting because like it kind of makes me think, you know, you get Omega involved at some point and the Bucks come out to help Omega against Moxley. But again, like you said, I don't really see Omega being involved, but maybe they come out to help private party or someone else that you know they've had some.
Speaker 5: You, So there's that figure.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. It seems like Adam Page. I think him and Jack Perry would It would be interesting who is more evil Jack.
Speaker 4: Perry, bet On Perry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Adam. Adam Page seems like he has a shred of the old Adam Page in there. Jack Perry is gone.
Speaker 3: He just needs someone to fix him. Apparent that one of Omega's old nicknames was the Fixer.
Speaker 5: The fixer, I know he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it wasn't him.
Speaker 3: I was thinking somebody had to name the fixer. But maybe it was the cleaner, was what I was thinking. But you know, this is what's so awesome about a w UP. Until this year, they really did seem to struggle with stories, and you know, it was great to watch because every match they put on was pretty good and they never had problem with pay per views.
Speaker 4: But now in the last.
Speaker 3: Since the beginning of the year, they've really turned around their their their main shows.
Speaker 4: Because I look forward to watching aw dynam I I look forward to watching Collision.
Speaker 3: I sometimes watch Rampage if I'm not doing anything else, but usually I don't watch Rampage because they usually don't have very many good matches on the many important matches on there. But I hardly ever miss uh the other two. Ever, I try to never miss Rampage or Dynamite and Collision because it's just they're.
Speaker 4: Just getting to the point now where you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And Collision has gotten a lot more story stuff like just having Moxley there last ye week.
Speaker 4: And that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know, people were saying that this is getting repetitive and everything else, but it's the story of the time and it's working to make everything. There's so many ways that this could go and so many questions about what happens. Yeah, you know, he's gonna come out and they're gonna beat somebody up.
Speaker 4: But is this gonna be the time?
Speaker 3: Is this gonna be the time where they come out and beat somebody up and they get their asses kicked?
Speaker 1: Because it's always it's the same thing, but it's different. Like they had on Dynamite, they put Wheeler You to as human bait, right, We're gonna break his neck with the chair. Then on Collision, Moxley like made Wheeler You to go fight Orange Cassidy, and Orange Cassidy got the upper hand. Like you know, it's the same idea, but there's different developments. And yeah, I've really enjoyed it every time.
Speaker 3: And what I think is gonna be even more interesting is I don't think AEW is going to succeed until they start doing a little bit of a culling of the flock. They're gonna have to start taking people out one at a time. They're gonna have to get in situations where they get you to separate him and beat the living crap out of him, or pack or you know mocks or you know Casio Castanol. They can't do it as one because they just they hit him and when they come out, they don't come out enough, and the death writers went off, and then when the rest of them come out, they leave.
Speaker 4: But if you can pick them off one at a time, you have a better shot at beating them.
Speaker 1: See if Orange Cassidy as the leader, if he can come up with a good plan for them.
Speaker 3: I love Orange Cassidy, but I don't know, man, I just don't see him as the leader here.
Speaker 4: It just seems too forced to me. Yeah, he took over.
Speaker 3: He's like, I gotta do this and I really don't want to, but I'm gonna do it because you're forcing me to.
Speaker 4: And it's just not Orange. I mean, he is great.
Speaker 3: I mean people complain about seeing do the same moves all the time, but it's not the moves and stuff that Orange does.
Speaker 4: It's what he brings to the ring. He brings that.
Speaker 3: Laid back I'm too cool for this kind of attitude and.
Speaker 4: The things he do. He does. You know, he's got the.
Speaker 3: Hands in the pockets and he does the rollover, and he does the drop kick like that, and he'll do the hip toss like that, and it's just unique and it's different and you don't see anybody else do that. So even if he's doing the same moves all the time, it's still a different match and it's still to me makes it fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for me, I'm really excited for this title match because just having a big pay per view main event match where Orange Cassidy could possibly win the title. Yeah, Like every pinfall is going to be so exciting. I don't think I win, but it's going to be great.
Speaker 3: It's too early for him to lose the title. But I don't even see it. I don't even see it. You could see this match going to a DQ because the death Writers come out and just literally destroy Orange. I mean that could be what it happens, and it then take Wait for me, it won't take away from the match because you know that that that Marx is gonna beat him. You know he's gonna beat him, But is he gonna beat him clean? Is Orange gonna get his kicks in. Is he gonna get his licks in? Is he gonna make you know? Is he gonna make Mockley earn it? Or is the Death Are the Death Riders gonna come out and just literally tear him apart?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those things where, you know, That's what's been the difference in ad W over the last six to nine months is they've started to getting to that point where, yeah, you know, a lot of the matches you see on TV, you know what's gonna happen, but they're great matches. But when it comes to some of the pay per view you're sitting and going, wait a minute, this could necessarily be where Orange could surprise him.
Speaker 4: I don't think he will, but he could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then there could be moments where, you know, two point nine second pinfall, Orange Cassidy's you know, you think you can win it, and then John Moxley kicks out right at the last second, and that's wrestling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know they're both going to bleed. Oh yeah, it's gonna be a bloody match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's exciting.
Speaker 3: I think Tomorrow night the one I'm looking the most forward to though, is gonna be the Malachi Black.
Speaker 4: Versus Adam Cole. I think that's gonna be one hell of a match. I really do. I'm kind of disappointed.
Speaker 3: I know that that Cole is gonna most likely win because of the three in a row, although there is time for him to lose to Malachi and still get three wins before the paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I will be very disappointed if Malachi Black loses to Adam Cole. I was disappointed that Adam Cole beat by Matthews. I love the House of Black. Malachi Black is also you know, he barely loses. Yeah, it feels wrong to just let Adam Cole win this match. Uh yeah, go ahead. I was gonna say so. Like Adam Cole when when he was facing Buddy Matthews, the crowd was like more behind Buddy Matthews, and I think the crowd is going to probably be even more behind Malachi Black in this match. Like Adam Cole, I don't know what they're doing with him, but he's he seems pretty helish to me right now. Well, I think if he wins this match, he's going to be more hated by the crowd than he did going into it in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, Yeah, that could be.
Speaker 3: True, but I think this is that I think this is a a thing that the that the House of Black is actually trying to make it to bring out the Adam Cole from WWE instead of Adam Cole. We've had an a w because that was the whole thing behind Buddy Matthews last week, is he wasn't trying to beat him. He was trying to get cold to wrestle like Adam Cole, and he did. And I think that that Malaka and I got a feeling for some reason when Malachi appeared in the ring in shake Shocky's hand.
Speaker 4: I think they might be.
Speaker 3: Kind of I don't want to say grooming coal for the House of Black, but there might be an invitation when this is all said and done, for Adam Cole to become part of House of Black.
Speaker 1: You would be weird in the House of Black and it would be a weird visual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just I don't know what it is. It's just some reason, it seems.
Speaker 3: And I could be wrong on that because I love House of Black and I love everything Malachi Black does because him and I our philosophies on life. Kind of his character, and even not his character, but he's like that in real life. I mean, that's Malanchy Black lives that kind of lifestyle and we kind of share a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the same things and view of the world and what we do.
Speaker 1: And I know he had a weird upbringing, like I don't know if he was like grew up around a cult or like something from religious group.
Speaker 3: He's from Amsterdam and he's he's of the he's of the spiritual religion, I believe, and and that's what he brings to his character. And that's something he really didn't get to do a whole lot of in WWE. I mean he did, but not like he can now. And it's I remember somebody was they were doing a show and it was a podcast, and they asked him. I am not going to talk about what the question was, but it was something that happened in Amsterdam. There was a story of that someone was talking about that happened in Amsterdam, and they ought even on the podcast to ask him if that was possible.
Speaker 4: And I was dying because it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: And I can't tell you what it is because it's an adult type entertainment kind of question that they were talking about. It was hilarious though, because he came on and he talked just like you know, you knew he was that he knew it was Alista or he was Alistair Black, you knew he was or Malachi and it was It was great. But you know, I've always like there's there's certain guys that came from WWE, like Shelton Benjamin and Malachi Black and you know, guys do who have come over and have been able to build on their character. Now with the the House of Black, they really haven't gotten a push that I think they should have.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But you're right, Alistair Hard Malachi hardly ever loses when it's the singles match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they never got that push where like they are in the main event feud, Like, right, he doesn't have to win the title, but at least you know he's there there there. Yeah, they get like a pay per view main event that would be great, and they can do all their spooky weird stuff that they do and showing up and and and they've been for a long long time at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have that, they have that thing about them they just do whenever.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a little bit towards like the Undertaker when he would come out and you hear that ding ding, you know, you hear the death toll. You knew it was the Undertaker, and people would go crazy when the lights go out and you know the House of Black is coming in, people just get excited about it. And when, uh, when Julia comes back, if she ever gets to come back, she's just going to continue to add to that miss that that mystic, mysticism, that MYSTI that, yeah, and I really would like to see them get a serious push mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And I think this is the first time where it's you know, they're always kind of tweeters. Sometimes they're more heel than others, but they've been more on the good guys side of things recently. And and that's a good way to give them like a new push because now they're kind of a different now they confud with all the heels that they weren't before. Yeah, they need to do something with them. It would be amazing if there's a point where AW is getting their asses beaten by the death Riders and House Black comes out to join that.
Speaker 4: And because I was thinking the exact same thing just now. I was thinking that would be a great thing to see, is to have them be a part of that in some way.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's the trios titles there they can compete for that. They can take it off the death Riders, so it makes sense. I I don't know, but you know, Tony Kahan, it's up to him, and he he has shown that he does not know what to do with the House of Black.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, that's I think the one match tomorrow night that that that I don't see a point.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I see a point for it.
Speaker 3: Is the the Penelope Ford and uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah that it's gonna be a good match. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like Penelope befored but she never wins the big match, it seems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess she was out for two years, but yeah, before that, she was like the mid card of the women's division, and back then the women's division was not nearly as good as it is now. So be interesting if she can look really good in this match versus Jamie Hayter, hopefully, But I you know, because they're having their match now on Dynamite, it makes me think they're probably not continuing this feud to a pay per view, so maybe it's just kind of a stepping zone for something else Jamie Hayter does, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: And Jamie, I mean, she's been back for a little while now and she really hasn't done anything.
Speaker 4: She's had a couple matches.
Speaker 3: The one match they pulled her out of because of Penelope, Yeah, she really wasn't involved in that, and she's had a couple of the matches, but she's not really been I don't know if it's a mental thing for her because she did she was out for a long time with injury. Yeah, and we all know how that works, you know, you you especially when it's an upper body injury like and didn't she hurt her shoulder?
Speaker 4: I think that's what was wrong.
Speaker 3: With There's her shoulder was out and and if you get an injury like that, you can you can really you can really have issues coming back and getting back into it because if you if you do anything to tweak that you can it can really affect you mentally.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah. I kind of feel like, you know, Jamie Hayter's kind of treading water because they kind of they have their two big women's feuds, the one for the TBS title the one for the woman's title, and she doesn't thick. She doesn't she's not in either of those right now, so she's kind of having this little mini feud until her time comes to be involved with one of those. But at the same time, doing it that way does kind of it feels like her momentum stalled since she came back at all in.
Speaker 3: Right, and then you've got Mina coming back. You get the announcement that she's coming, So now you've got her who is going to be involved with the world title somehow, some way. So it seems like Jamie she kind of fell victim to the same thing. She was out for a long time and when she left she was top dog. But when she comes back, she ain't quite there anymore because there's a lot of new faces and a lot of new people who have asserted themselves and got into bigger, better positions. Because Willa wasn't there, and Monette wasn't there, Camille wasn't there. You know, Julia and them were there, and Julie's been out, but you know, there's a lot of people who have bypassed her and to me, the longer that she is delayed getting back into the action of the bigger matches, Yeah, the harder it's going to be for her to get back into those matches because she's not making room for it. Look look at what happened with thunder Rosa. You know, thunder Rosa was for a long time. She's come back. She's had a few matches, but nothing of import you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: She's been against Deanna Parazza how many times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just been like the collision person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I did that and I understand that, but you know, you've got to it's becoming a real.
Speaker 4: The best way I said, is the women's divisions become a real division.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know, I love Jamie Hater.
Speaker 3: I just hope and pray to God they don't put her back with Britt Baker.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like Britt Baker, Yeah, and JF Jamie Hayter. I don't know if she could be in the same room as Adam Cole.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I kind of think that BRIT's time is done. They said she's been away.
Speaker 5: Her in.
Speaker 3: Former champ's been away because they're doing some show for Netflix or something. I'm not sure what it was. I saw was a quick thing about it, But you know, I have a feeling that.
Speaker 4: They don't really have a match for Mariah at the next pay per view, do they. They really don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a while away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've started, i know, a collision maybe at the last Dynamite. They started to put out like these Tony Storm newspapers saying Tony Storm is missing. Yeah, he's starting to get that going. I could see her showing up and setting up a match at full gear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's kind of what I'm figuring, is to give her a rematch and then maybe involved Mina in that, which would then give Mina the opportunity to get involved in the main event for the women's title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's.
Speaker 3: Sort of what people want, so, you know, and and it'll be interesting. I mean, that's a if they do it right, and they can resurrect a little bit of the momentum they had up until the point where Mariah turned on Tony, Yeah, because I think that's when I think that's when that whole storyline kind of started to die because they did it too soon.
Speaker 4: But if they can rest the momentum.
Speaker 1: You know, Mariah Ment was not I don't want to say she wasn't ready, but she kind of wasn't. Yeah, and her character was not connecting after that breakup. But right now I feel like Mariah May is really good, like she's kind of found her character. She's like super on anytime she's on TV, when she's on commentary, she's hilarious. Like I think now when Tony Storm comes up back, it will be a lot better than it was leading up to all.
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 3: So because that was the that was the kind of to me, that was like the catalyst that kind of started a W down the right path because that was the at that time when that was going on, that was the best storyline they had ever done in a W men or women's side by far of the best.
Speaker 1: That that heel turn, like Mariah May, that's probably you know, it's got to be up there, if not the best heel turn in ae W.
Speaker 4: Like on them, but.
Speaker 1: Like the ramp grabbing her trophy and then just yeah, attacking Tony Storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think it was too early in that in that kind of killed they.
Speaker 4: It might have been too early, but it kind.
Speaker 1: Of because it was unexpected. You weren't expecting it yet, which made it so good. But it might have been too early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he should have went another week or two because they should have got closer to the time instead of because like you said, you know, at that time, Mara's character was not ready to be separated because Tony had all the momentum. Tony was still the champion and she had the momentum. And when they turned Maria.
Speaker 4: Like they at the time they did, didn't go over as well as it could have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, they still I mean, it was still great and it got everything else started, because that was definitely, to me was the beginning of the Golden Era. I want to say, of aw because it has gotten so much better since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so. Just like looking at you know, this card, just remembering some cards from like three or four or five months ago where you know, the biggest matches like Brian Cage versus someone for whatever, like matches that weren't meaningful and have story little storytelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can think the only match and like you know, the heart, the hurt businesses or Hurt whatever the hell they're called, is going to.
Speaker 5: Be there they're gonna be there.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to face to face between uh Hook and.
Speaker 3: The patriarch, you know, and and of course you've got the I know, the match that Kelson is so looking forward to seeing where you've got the learning tree versus the conglomeration. You know, all three of those, even though they're not you know, it's one match and two stores and two segments have a story to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever happened, I'm sorry sentence. This makes me wonder whatever happened to the video tape with Hook?
Speaker 3: They they they didn't show the video, but it was it was Cage, It was Christian Cage and then that did it and Christian.
Speaker 4: The whole story is that Christian said it was for.
Speaker 3: A better, bigger cause and he didn't know what was, what happened, why it happened, and that's.
Speaker 4: What they left. So that show the video. Yeah, they're not going to show that video. That's what they're gonna confront. You know, they're gonna have a face to face tomorrow night, so they.
Speaker 1: Might explain what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Like it because you know, there's the whole Kip Sabian angle. What what's going on with him? Like yeah, you know, yeah, it's interesting because there's things going on that you don't really.
Speaker 5: Know it's right.
Speaker 3: And then with like the Hert Syndicate, you know they're gonna come out and talk about Swerve.
Speaker 4: Now, we talked about it last week. Swerve needs a teammate. Who's it going to be? Is it gonna be Will Hobbs? Is it going to be you know, who's going to come out and help him? Because it's three on one that he's.
Speaker 1: Got EJ and Duka. I don't know what his name is in ae W. He was like an n XT guy and he's LW. He's been featured with Swerve like in a backstage video and I think we needed a way in, but he hasn't.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, yeah, do you ever wrestled?
Speaker 1: Maybe in Ring of Honor or like the page or something, but never I don't think ever on dynamite or collision.
Speaker 3: But we were talking about, Uh, it being Will Hobbs would be a great thing for Will and they kind of have a little bit of a history.
Speaker 4: The other guy.
Speaker 1: If Will Hobbs shows up, he probably will betrace Weerve something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that too.
Speaker 3: Uh shoot hang man, not hang well, that was it was.
Speaker 4: We talked about how if you're gonna have.
Speaker 3: It would be the perfect opportunity for them to do a friend the enemies become friends kind of thing between Hangman and Swerve can hurt syndicate.
Speaker 4: Damn, I'm trying to think of it. I can't remember his name, praising his glory. What the hell is his name? Yeah, Keith Lee.
Speaker 3: Him and Swerve has a big different, big, big, big time because they were tag team partners that turned on each other. So Keith Lee could come out and help him and I don't know, But the problem with Keith Lee is I don't know if he's ever going to be able to wrestle again because what he's got wrong with him, he literally could die in the.
Speaker 1: Ring, you know what it is.
Speaker 4: It's a long issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And from what I heard about, and I'm like, because of what I have wrong with me, I paid tension of those kind of things. Sometimes it's like it's something that the reason he's otherwise healthy. But I don't think he can do anything like he used to, so that kinda is going to be a problem for him, I think.
Speaker 4: So we may never see Keith Lee back in the ring. Yeah, which is unfortunate because I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, I think guys like when you're that big, like they had Lucasaurus was out for a while with pneumonia, right, yeah, you know se whyat Brodie Lee, like these guys they had, you know, lung issues.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, and you know that would that came out of nowhere and you know, and and it's just one of those things where it's it's it's not easy. I mean, I have a heart condition, and I have exactly the same heart condition.
Speaker 4: That Triple H has. There's yes of heart failure.
Speaker 3: And what people don't understand about that is you look like a normal person, but my heart w puts out without the defibrillator that I have put in pacemaker. Defibrillator only puts out about twenty five percent of the blood.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you have to base your life on twenty five percent of what you normally can do.
Speaker 4: And it's not easy. And people, you know, people look at it and go, well, you look perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: I look perfectly fine. Trade me life for a minute. And and with the with the lung thing, that's even worse because when you can't breathe, yeah, you're done, and especially when it's in wrestling, because even a five minute match, you're gonna breathe hard.
Speaker 4: I don't care how good in the shape you are, you're gonna breathe hard. So you know, it's a.
Speaker 3: Shame that you know that that with you know, Keith, It it's really sucks because he was one of my favorite guys that came over because like uh, you know, like Shelton and Bricochet a w W. You never used him right, and he had a good run when he was here until he got hurt and he's been out.
Speaker 4: He's been out probably two years, isn't it something like that?
Speaker 1: At least you know he he like Swerve injured in broke a cinder block over his chest. Yeah, that was probably three or four years ago. He came back like briefly. I know, he had like a Ring of Honor match. I can't even remember who it was first, but yeah, he had maybe one or two matches and then he was just out again. Maybe just the same lung issue that kept him off for the first period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's one of those things that they don't you don't recover from that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, my dad.
Speaker 3: He's got issues from his because he had undiagnosed COVID and he can't breathe hardly at all, and it's bad and he's never going to be better because there's nothing you can do to fix the lungs without getting a replacement. So, you know, I get athletes like these guys can get that done. But you know, it's it's just one of those things where when you suffer something like that, you don't come back from it real easy.
Speaker 4: And like with Kenny, you know, he had that.
Speaker 3: Diverticulitis and he lost twelve foot of his intestines. It's it's not a big deal because your intestines are so long, but what that takes out of you physically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just.
Speaker 1: People just don't understand it. You know, they saw through your abdominal wall. Yeah, you know, and that and those things. They don't ever really truly one heal. No, you can always.
Speaker 4: Right, and it's like, you know, I can.
Speaker 3: I can go days where I'll feel great and have a lot of energy, but then I've got days where if I walk from the couch to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I'm done for a month, you know, and it's it's one of those things and you don't get it. And I know these guys are in really great shape compared to someone like me, but it's no different for them.
Speaker 4: You know, Triple Hill.
Speaker 3: Never wrestle again because he can't because he literally, you know, I have a defibrillator put in because I literally could turn it to I could turn around and take a step and die instant cardiac death. There's something that you have to deal with when you have that kind of That's what the defibrillators for.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those things.
Speaker 3: And hopefully Keith Lee will be able to come back someday.
Speaker 4: I don't count on it, though, mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean maybe he just needs to worry about his quality of life, not wrestling, more so than getting back in the ring.
Speaker 3: I saw I think I saw an article some time ago. I don't remember where it was. He did an interview with someone, and that's what he said. He said, I'm more worried. I'm gonna worry about my way of living and being able to recover what I can do before I'm ever going to think about coming back to the ring because it's just not worth it, you know, winning winning the aw Champion is an honor, is an honor and a great thing, but it ain't gonna make you live longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah know what I mean?
Speaker 1: For sure? Yeah, I'm looking at up this match with December twenty third, twenty twenty three, so not even quote not quite a year ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just seems like he's been gone longer than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. But like Jamie Hayter when she was gone, it felt like more than a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like you know, tomorrow night, like I said, there's gonna be enough matches and things going on that every single thing that you see on the card, every single thing has a story to it.
Speaker 1: Everything, Yeah, for sure, even the Learning Tree conglomeration. There's just some interesting thing for me, at least with Kyle o'iley watching the Undisputed Kingdom matches longingly they was showing him. I'm like looking at the screen when Adam Cole is doing something like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think he's gonna end up it. I don't think I think that. Uh. I think we were talking about this last week too. I I think that the like calls him the Unnecessary Kingdom is going to turn on cold.
Speaker 1: I think they came out and during collision, like the save they were making a saves. Maybe it was like Rouche attacking someone after I can't remember, but they ran out and made the save with some chairs and it was like it was so weird, just so confusing that they're trying to present them as like good guys all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I think what's going to happen is I think they're going to turn on them and h O'Reilly's going to come out and uh, he's going to come out and make the save and be teaming up with Adham Cole because he makes a better teammate.
Speaker 4: With Adham Cole than the other two do. For the other three.
Speaker 3: Well, two miles will call him to the the ain't worth more than two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were. They were a tag team like when they both kind of first started and Ring of Honor Future Shock. So they have history.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, they were always talk about how Orange Cassidy and the conglomeration and Kyler Rally have been overdone, and they have been somewhat.
Speaker 4: But you know Ole's case people, Yeah, but you know he missed a lot of times, so they're kind of letting him make up for that. Which is cool, and he's been in relative stuff and this whole thing with the learning tree. Tomorrow night is between Jericho and uh Brisco because Jericho just won't leave his brother's name out of his mouth. And I'd be pissed too. You know, if I had a brother did passed away.
Speaker 3: In an accent like that and somebody kept bringing his name up in the way he's doing it, I want to kick his ass too.
Speaker 1: So you know, yeah, yeah, there's there's interesting moving parts. There's big Bill. You know, is he ever gonna leave Jericho's side? I think people would be excited for that. Yeah. I'm not the biggest fan, but you know, it's like him once in a while.
Speaker 4: I like him, and I like the murder Grandpa. Those guys crack me.
Speaker 1: Up because I just hate when there's like, you know, it's a mystery opponent and I'm like thinking, you know, who could it be? It's Kenny Omega or someone cool that we haven't seen before, and then it's just it's always or minimis zookie here?
Speaker 5: I mean, and I like, O, great, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: See what you did? Now we know who Ricochet part.
Speaker 1: Like a fifty percent ships It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Is he part of Is he any chance that that the murder Grandpa is part of United Kingdom?
Speaker 5: No, it's any Kingston. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: You know he was.
Speaker 4: Eddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe any Kingston.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you the problem for Eddie and Cope and like Blue.
Speaker 3: They hurt, they hurt leg parts. They're not coming back for a while. They probably won't be back till next summer.
Speaker 4: At the.
Speaker 5: He's fine and.
Speaker 4: He's just tired too much the machine games of them.
Speaker 1: They're not young guys. Okay, anyways, I think we've gone on enough. I think we're good to wrap it.
Speaker 5: Up for today, Alex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nelson would have wrapped it up thirty minutes ago, but let us keep going a little bit longer.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, thanks everyone for listening. This was your election special election episode of the aw Ignition Podcast. I am your host tonight, Alex, and we were joined by the Lovely Alex, the lovely Net and the loveliest Sutton. Oh wow, and that was your aw Ignition podcast for the evening. Good night and goodbye everybody.
Speaker 5: Goodbye everyone.
Speaker 4: Hey guys,