Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Maybe the worm is turned. No, we know that that's not the case.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm hopeful. I like your optimism. So you voted today no line, though you said no line.
Speaker 2: When I got there.
Speaker 1: There was a little bit of a line when I was leaving, but they were moving people through.
Speaker 2: The machines are.
Speaker 1: Our user friendly, but I can see where they may be a little bit confusing for people. You putting in the ballot, doing the voting on the video board, and then it spits back your ballot, and then you got to feed it back in for it to be cast.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of a rigamarole.
Speaker 1: I did notice that for president, the list of names, there's more people running for president than I knew about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we ever, I mean.
Speaker 1: And you had to scroll down to get to the main candidates, which I thought is interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, they come up with a random assignment. They don't do them in alphabetical order, because so they come up with a random assignment.
Speaker 2: That's why it happens that way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the place that we've been rehearsing for upcoming theater show opens on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's called The Matchmaker.
Speaker 3: All the information is now up on Instagram and our Facebook page as well. The other half of the building has been an early voting center, and last night the line was out the door really for people to vote early. So we'll see how it goes tonight. But polls close across the country starting at about four o'clock this afternoon our time. That is, in other states, the majority of the state's polls will close at either five or six or five o'clock or six o'clock. And then obviously on the West coast, the California's, Oregon's, Washington's, et cetera, including California will close at eight o'clock tonight.
Speaker 1: So the polling means nothing, right, It's just edge caated guesses of the people that were asked what they want. But I did hear that Nate Silver ran his simulation whatever at midnight eighty thousand times. Yeah, and it came back forty twelve for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I And I don't know how you come.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is so statistically insignificant, right that. But we talked yesterday about the you know, some of these people who watch polls and these statisticians who say it's it's just as crazy for these to be taught, for every single one of these polls to be tied as often as they are, as it would be to have completely disparate results where Trump's up by ten in one poll and then Harris is up by ten in the other pole. We did see some of the first person in person votes this morning, of course, the old legendary Dixville Notch. They all cast their votes at about midnight, and there were six total votes, three for Harris, three for Trump. First in person voting, and an absolute smashed record. Almost eighty million people voted mail in or in person early voting almost eighty million. It was seventy nine two hundred and seventy thousand. So one of the things that's going on throughout the course of the day is people have magnifying glasses on some of the otherwise relatively common election issues that are going to be coming up, ballot issues. One of the issues that has come up is already in the swing state of Pennsylvania. That brings with it even more attention. They said that there were some ballot scanners that were down in two counties. Two counties that, if you want to pay attention to this sort of thing, voted heavily Republican four years ago Cambria County and Bedford Counties. Some voters had posted on social media that they were being told to put their completed ballots in a lock box, that they would be scanned later, and just came down before the show started. A judge they are in Pennsylvania, has ruled that the voting time, the poll closing time specifically for Cambria County, can be extended till ten pm tonight to make sure that everybody has a chance to vote.
Speaker 1: We will have all the information as it rolls in. We'll also have tons of ways for you to get out of election coverage, different options, and we've got a great food poisoning story to get to as well.
Speaker 2: It's always fun. It's always fun when you do ask food poisoning.
Speaker 3: Ass food poisoning. This is like a cruise ship style food.
Speaker 1: But think about how much that would bring us together, Like if we all got food poisoning here at work at the same time.
Speaker 3: I'm curious as to what that how that plays out in your mind.
Speaker 2: It's just like trauma bonding. Oh well, I'm running to the bathroom. You're running to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Someone's just lining up five gallon buckets in the hallway or something.
Speaker 1: We look at each other and we just know what each other's going through and there's a shared understanding.
Speaker 2: I know why you're crying. That's kind of thing, Shannon.
Speaker 4: You have got to check out the dog lover's story on Elena Tonietti's page on Facebook hashtag hoping for Hope is absolutely incredible story. Dog wandered off from the groomer over a week and a half ago, was found five days later by hunters in the woods, and has spent the last three days at the vets. Just came home this morning. We'll talk about your feel good story for the.
Speaker 3: Alena TONETI I don't know, I don't know the name beautiful. I mean he gave way the whole story.
Speaker 2: I want all good stories from you today. OK.
Speaker 5: Good morning Fonsie and Shanny. Hey, Happy happy election day to you guys. Quick question, what do you think would happen or is this a possibility if Kamala loses? Do you see the administration pushing out by the rest the way so they could still appoint her president and still have record breaking history making first black female US president.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I like the conspiracy theory, I mean sounds like a movie plot. But I don't know if anybody would be down for that unless, I mean there could be health issues.
Speaker 2: Listen, they hit a lot of I wouldn't be down for that three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: When you see Biden and the whole the Biden loyalists that say, you know, why wasn't he used more in the in the campaign? In the campaign, I'm like, what are you even talking about? I mean, he gave the biggest gaff of her entire run when he called everybody garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It would have been a mistake to have it exactly. Hey, good morning, Garyan Shannon, it's JP.
Speaker 1: Are you guys.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have any idea how long or any guesses how long the recounts are going to take?
Speaker 2: Haha? Later that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Well, I was looking at the twenty twenty results. Many of those came in quickly. The AP called twenty six states instantly as their polls closed, another five within an hour. Forty five states in DC were called within twenty four hours, but Biden and Trump remained short of the electoral vote. The Pennsylvania call in Biden's favor came in over eighty seven hours after the polls closed there, and that decided the race. The call for Nevada came about fifteen minutes later. The AP called North Carolina for Trump, ten days after Georgia for Biden, sixteen days after the hen recounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are now things have changed in some of those states. In Georgia specifically, they I've seen them listed like this. There's no there's no guarantee to know exactly when we're going to see these These seven battleground states have their official calls. But we do know that Georgia counts relatively fast, depending on the margin between the two candidates, because they will have like we saw four years ago, they have some automatic recounts depending on the margins. North Carolina also counts fast because they have new rules in place to prevent that from happening again. Pennsylvania will not likely be tonight simply because of how close it is. So, but Pennsylvania should come in relatively quickly. It should not be four days like it was before. Michigan, faster than in the past. Simply because of new rules that have been going in Wisconsin likely to finish counting tomorrow, most of it by tomorrow. And then the ones that they're saying could potentially take days are Arizona and Nevada. Arizona it looks like has been pulling positively for Trump lately, but listen, I mean we know that that doesn't necessarily mean anything. And then Vada as well could take days. So those being I don't want to say less important, because every one of these battleground states is going to be important in terms of their electoral votes, but Pennsylvania is the one that they have the candidates have been paying the most attention to, simply because it is that nineteen electoral votes.
Speaker 2: A couple things that you should know.
Speaker 1: This Friday, we are having our News and Bruise at Luchador Brewing and Chino Hills. It's going to be a party. We're going to have a great time. It's always it's always a great time there at Luchador Brewing. And also Gary's Adult Theater kicks off Friday night as well for two weekends. Do I need to get my tickets early or can I just get them at the.
Speaker 2: Door you'd probably want to get them early.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not saying that they I mean they have extra chairs that they could put out if it.
Speaker 2: Gets but you'd want to get them early.
Speaker 3: There is the information about that is up on our Gary and Chen Instagram.
Speaker 2: What's it called again?
Speaker 3: The Matchmaker? The Matchmaker?
Speaker 2: And you sing and dance in it. No singing and very little dancing. So there is dancing. Well I don't sing at all.
Speaker 3: There is a tiny amount of singing and there is a tiny amount of dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a matinee.
Speaker 3: There is also a matinee on this second week of a matinee.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves it, Matt. It's just so nice something in the middle of the day, break up the day a little bit.
Speaker 3: But it's take in the theater, to be honest, right at naptime.
Speaker 1: It is right at nap time. You're gonna have a hard time, you know what. I'm gonna go get a diet coke.
Speaker 2: That sounds good, grab me, isn't it? Yeah? You want one?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if I want one, because you never finished the whole thing. Maybe you pour some in your cup for me?
Speaker 2: Can you grab me one? Channa sure? Since you're going, yeah, you got it. Since you're down there.
Speaker 1: Kenyan Man is being found guilty of conspiring to steal a passenger plane and commit a nine to eleven inspired attack under direction of a terrorist organization.
Speaker 2: Toolo Abdi Abdullah.
Speaker 1: Was found guilty of conspiring to murder US nationals and providing material support to a terrorist organization.
Speaker 2: He faces life in prison.
Speaker 1: He was working for the Somalian group Al Shabab and trained with him for months. Prosecutors say he went to the Philippines for flight school from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen, and it researched the tallest buildings in a major in major American cities.
Speaker 3: I have a domestic terrorist, get it. Twenty four year old guy in Tennessee arrested. He said he was planning to use a drone to carry an explosive to destroy a power substation near Nashville to further his white supremacist ideology. Skyler Philippi of Columbia, Tennessee, plotted the attack to push an ideology called accelerationism, which calls for the complete collapse of American society.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a delightful gentleman. Fun How nice that guy.
Speaker 1: Is There were reports of vomit streaming down the windows.
Speaker 2: It was carnage.
Speaker 1: That is the direct quote from students who were at the mass food poisoning in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Vomit streaming down the windows. It's better than election. Yes, it was such glee.
Speaker 1: Did I say that this was at the University of Canterbury and they said it was carnage. Across two university halls in New Zealand, there were early morning lines for toilets, vomit dripping down the building windows.
Speaker 2: How awful if you had.
Speaker 1: This line, Oh my god, and students abandoning exams to dash to the bathroom. More than one hundred students reported being struck down with vomiting and diarrhea.
Speaker 3: The cause of this has yet to be determined, but students at the university hall and the Ilam apartments both run by the Housing Department apparently so they began feeling six Sunday night after they ate the catered chicken suflakia dinner.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty safe.
Speaker 1: I mean chicken kebabs, some Greek chicken, garlic, oregano, some rosemary. One student if it was the yogurt that you dip it in the Gazeki.
Speaker 3: One student remained anonymous for good reason, told the newspaper she had used the toilet more than a dozen times Monday morning and then and wasn't through. She soiled herself at the university library because the tones were full.
Speaker 2: Has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 1: No, that would happened to you. I know someone. No, it's not me, ah, but I have a friend. You have a friend. I know somebody who we were all having it was a group dinner or whatever, and this person had to go really badly. But the restaurant bathroom was out of order or something ouch, and this person ran in the rain, probably seven blocks or so to get back to the place where.
Speaker 2: They were staying. The time.
Speaker 1: It was not me, It was not me, But I knew when this person took off running, I knew why because there's only one.
Speaker 2: There's only one.
Speaker 1: Reason that you take off that quickly from a dinner where there's other people and and you just it's a mad dash. It's a it's a one hundred yard dash. That's an off. That's got to be an awful feeling, like you don't even know, sweating and thinking about like even when I get there, like I've got to get in the building, like, oh my goodness, you're going to this poor girl is waiting in the library and craps or pants.
Speaker 2: That's awful.
Speaker 3: Well, the only thing that makes it okay is that she's not alone.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you said, that shared trauma right right.
Speaker 1: This is really how food poisoning should go. It should never just be one person. It should be the whole house, or the whole college, or the whole newsroom or what have you. Everyone should be afflicted at the same time, just so that nobody is singled out.
Speaker 3: They have tried, they try to track down, obviously what caused this so it doesn't happen again. Students had a questionnaire that was sent a twenty question questionnaire sent to the students who were sick. Provide, please provide details on everything you ate from Friday through Sunday night, down to what meals, what breads, what sauces, what meats They selected for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also asked if they had changed a diaper or were in contact with anyone else's diarrha in the week before they became.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because how often are you in contact with somebody else's diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Yeah not well, I don't know. But maybe you go swimming in a pool.
Speaker 3: It's a sign that right there on the pool says hey, don't don't swim right, you wouldn't necessarily.
Speaker 2: Know it exactly.
Speaker 1: If I've been in contact with someone else's diarrhea, I don't want to know it. I'll tell you that, all right. How funny is it that I'm like looking through news this morning? I was like, oh, this is good. Oh ditt food poisoning. Yes, let's put this in the show. Yeah teen crap your pants, that's right. It's a new sport.
Speaker 3: There's one there's one link to a story of the time that we ran out of Bucatini.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in twenty twenty, we ran out of Bukatini.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened.
Speaker 3: Uh So, there's plenty of options for people to to ignore.
Speaker 2: Or at least take a break from some of the election news.
Speaker 1: Videos on a team of amazing specialists who repaired an old jukebox one hundred and fifty year old.
Speaker 2: Watch a seventy year old teddy Bear.
Speaker 1: Everything gets fixed, everyone is nice, and the heirloom owners are overjoyed.
Speaker 2: Also, the guys are pretty hot. Apparently easy tiger. That's what they say. That's what they say.
Speaker 3: One of the most under publicized policies of US retailers is that you can sometimes get a full refund and keep the piece of crap item that you got that you didn't want in the first.
Speaker 2: It's just transferring of garbage, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, returnless refunds is what they're called. Some companies, Amazon, Walmart, Target, they've decided that some items are simply not worth the cost or the hassle excuse me of getting it back. So a twenty dollars T shirt sent to you might cost as much as thirty dollars in shipping and handling To send it back at that the company would have to then eat. And these are single use items, package of plastic straws, whatever I mean. In Amazon, you can buy batteries or tiny little pieces of you know, rubber washers or something like that.
Speaker 2: They're not going to want those back.
Speaker 3: They'll just send you the either the right package or you know, allow you to keep it without any charge.
Speaker 1: What woman said she received a return free refund recently after ordering a desk from Amazon. Amazon costs roughly three hundred dollars When the desk arrived, she noticed it was missing some key pieces and would be impossible to put together. She couldn't request a replacement replacement and have it within a reasonable amount of time for the office because the item was out of stock, so she said she got a refund without having to send back the desk.
Speaker 2: I did this. I have a particular.
Speaker 3: A shirt company that I like that does those vintage baseball jerseys, the Hebbitsfield flannels.
Speaker 2: And this would have been four or five years ago.
Speaker 3: I bought a bunch of T shirts for friends, and like five or six different T shirts and they were all different sizes. But when they sent me the pack, it was all they were all larges. And I said, well, I need some of these again, and they said, just keep those, we'll send you the replacements.
Speaker 2: Wow. So I got five free T shirts. I don't know how I lucked out.
Speaker 3: It was they were all my size, and your wife said, great, more T shirts.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Amazon announced in August that it's going to extend the option to the third party sellers who drive most of the sales on their platform, and under this program, any third party seller who uses the company's fulfillment services in the US could choose to either offer customers a traditional refund for purchases under seventy five dollars, but there would also be no obligation to return what they ordered. They have I've pitched their returnless refunds more directly to international sellers and those who offer the cheap goods. But for example, items sold in an upcoming section of amazons a website which allows shoppers to buy low cost goods shipped directly from China that sounds like fun will also be eligible for returnless refunds. And how do you how did they determine if you really mean it? That I think is going to be the biggest issue. So let's say you order a I don't know, fifty dollars hair dryer.
Speaker 2: How much the hair dryer.
Speaker 3: Costs twenty bucks?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, I've ut one for a while. It's probably the forty bucks. Now you went high end.
Speaker 3: So let's say you paid fifty bucks for a hair dryer and you said, but I'm going to get my money back, so I get it for free, and you type in that you complain about the thing didn't or the cord didn't retract, or the thing wasn't hot. Or whatever, and they go, well, there's your fifty bucks back, and you lied your way to a free hair dryer. How do they prevent that?
Speaker 2: How do you feel good about your self?
Speaker 1: Right free hair dry especially after you lied your way into free T shirts.
Speaker 3: I also did not lie, but I did get free T shirts, which was nice, nice for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I usually get excited about the twelve o'clock hour, but today all my excitement is in the ten o'clock hour. Why is that? Because it's our animal hour? Do we have an update on Peanut?
Speaker 2: The squirrel? Still dead, still dead?
Speaker 3: But Elon Musk today tweeted, oh, no vote for peanut, vote for freedom. It really is in a computer generated squirrel wearing a red Maga hat.
Speaker 1: It really is an egregious level of bureaucracy that in New York State. Because everything else has been solved in New York State, right, all the crime has been solved, All the heroin addicts and the hoboes are off the streets. No one's getting killed on subways. It's a one full land of sparkles and rainbows and Graham Cracker streets. So we can focus on the one couple that has a squirrel and a raccoon that have never bothered anyone, right.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and kill them.
Speaker 1: And kill them, just take them away, kill them, kill them right as so Unamerican.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app