Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to thank my guest last hour, Professor Greg Stoller of the Questroom School of Business at Boston University. Interesting questions from several of our callers, and he is a great guest in my opinion, and I hope you would agree because not only his depth of knowledge of business, but he understands business here and he understands business there. Now, the question i'd like to ask you this audience this hour. Hopefully you've heard last Hour, and if you haven't, the question still has applicability. We are now about a month, well close to a month, three weeks at least, we'll say three weeks into after what Donald Trump called Liberation Day on April second. Sure all of you remember that, so tomorrow it's been three weeks. The area that has been of most obvious concern has been the US stock market, which is down a few percentage points from where it was on August second, and even down more than a few percentage points because it had kind of a tough month of March as well. My question is do you still have faith in this administration, not only in President Trump, but also on the economic advisors around him. Do you understand, and I'm not sure I understand. Do you understand exactly what President Trump is trying to accomplish and is he going about it in a way that makes you comfortable? Now? I don't know anybody who at this point can say to me, I went to the store today and the price of whatever has gone up twenty five percent because of the tariffs. And this this, this whole I love the word kerfuffle. It just seems as if it's being mixed up. And I do think that the president, this is the way he likes to govern by stirring things up. And needless to say, he's dealing with a bunch of battles on a number of fronts. Immigration, we know that, deportations, all of those fronts, with judges everywhere, a lot of his battles in terms of the Doge cuts and groups like Harvard those we put all of those aside for this hour. I'd like to hear from you if you are or were a Trump voter, are you still with him through all of this? A few months of turmoil, of economic turmoil. February was a little bit down, March a little more and April has been this turbulence the stock market futures tomorrow. And again, you may not be invested directly in the stock market, but most people either are invested directly or indirectly, meaning your pension, your four oh one k, your ira, or your wroth or whatever. So my question, I'm just trying to take the temperature of my audience and give you an opportunity to weigh in. Are you still as confident in his leadership and his policy proposals today as you were when you voted for him on November fifth? Are you as confident in his policies as you were when he was inaugurated on January twentieth. If you did not vote for Donald Trump, are you seeing what you feared? And that is economic turmoil? Now I can make an argument, as Professor Staler can make an argument that this is going down a path that is not going to end well, that China will wait us out, and that the Republicans basically are paving the way for the return of the Democrats to control the Senate in the House eighteen months or so hence, And it is, by the way, when you really think about it, it's about eighteen months out from now that November of twenty twenty six is eighteen months and a few days away, so it's not a long time that he has to turn this around. Is there anyone out there who voted against him or voted for the Democratic nominee who now say, you know, this makes a lot of sense. I am concerned. I'm an old line that you know, someone said, can maybe say to me, Look, I'm an old line Democrat, and I'm delighted to see him supporting more manufacturing here in America. And in all of that, I mean, when you think about what President Trump is doing, he is taking place often out of the Democratic playbook and using them as a Republican president, I mean, Democrats historically have always been a party that felt uh in favor of could often work in favor of tariffs, protectionism, UH. And the Republicans were always sort of the fair trade, no tariff, UH, let's just open up the world economy. So those are my questions, and only you have the answers. My six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty line is full, for which I'm appreciative, and now I ask you to fill up six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty We're going to get to my first three callers, and you can jump on board at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I don't want you dialing and breaking your nails or hurting your your fingers by dialing lines that are totally full. My name is Dan Ray. This is Night Side. I am a little concerned the market has whipsawd more than than I would like to see. Uh. My savings accounts or whatever you want to call them, My investment accounts are down. Not down as much as Elon Musk's, probably not down as much as Donald Trump's, but all of us, I think, have taken a little bit of a bath in the last three weeks or so, and certainly maybe even since January twentieth. Feel free to join the conversation. You can praise him, you can criticize him. You can tell me that he's doing exactly what you want. Back on Nightside, we'll get it going right after this quick break.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray onn YOUBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones. Let me go first off to Joe and Belmont. Joe, you are first up this hour and Nightside. You called in first let's hear what you have to say.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Joe, Dan, I.
Speaker 4: Voted for Trump three times, but I don't think we can trust Trump. His economic advice is because he's human, and I get some good advice for you, Dan, I'd get rid of my four oh one k in uh my Ira, if I were you, you know, why would you?
Speaker 2: What? What are you suggesting here that I sell? Sell, sell, get.
Speaker 4: Rid of them, or sell or get your money as much money for room as you can.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you yourself have a four oh one k or anything of that? Are you invested in the market? Show No.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't invest in the market because I don't trust the Federal over reserve. And uh I invest in CDs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you know that's a there's a lot of people who do that, and and that's that's a that's a solid strategy as long as you do you have that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think this is the absolute worst time to sell because when you look at the market over time, it invariably does come back. I mean, you can look at any graph that you want over the stock market. The stock market is not linear. It doesn't go up you know, a half or a quarter of one percent every day, or a quarter of one percent every week. It has its up weeks and down weeks, up months and down months. But I appreciate the advice. But I am I am a buy and hold guy and it's worked for me.
Speaker 4: Dan, I got I got a twenty second question for you that involves the stock market. Do you think a man a Mormon's intuition is scientific?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't rely on emotions. It's not scientific, is it.
Speaker 2: No. But the emotion that is going on right now is people are getting a little afraid. And again, the stock market is not something that if you're invested in it, this is not a good time to sell now. People are selling. But you may rue the day, Joe. But I do appreciate your your offer of financial advice.
Speaker 4: Do you trust the Federal Reserve?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have really no choice because I'm a citizen of the United States, and to the best of my knowledge, the Federal Reserve is on the level. At different times adopts policies which I might agree with or disagree with. But I think it is on the level I do not. If I didn't trust the Federal Reserve, I probably would have my money under my mattress. But I do not have my money under my mattress, Joe, and I hope you don't have your money under your mattress.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 2: That's good pleasure talking to you right back at you. Thanks, Joe, have a good one. Let me go next too. We're going to go to octane in Brighton Octane. How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: How are you doing, Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great, octane.
Speaker 6: Okay. As citizens of Massachusetts, we're not far from each other.
Speaker 5: I know you.
Speaker 6: I believe you live in Newton.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, great.
Speaker 6: Back to Donald Trump, I must say that you know his mind is preoccupied with everything that's going on in the world and in the country, the war and karate, I mean the war.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot, he's got a lot of he's got a lot of.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, let me let me say this to you. If people would get out of his way. Are never speaking about the Democrats, uh, these judges and these governors and mayors around the country in different cities and states, If they get out this out this man's way. He's a businessman. All of us know that he's a businessman. If these people would get. Look what everything he's been through in the last two three years. They want to take him for everything he got, his businesses, his homes. You're calling him a fascist, he's hitler, he's this and that, a lot of these things that's prefabricated about this man. I still say.
Speaker 2: Nothing, not to mention a couple of assassination attempts thrown in there as well.
Speaker 6: Right, So, how am I doing so far? Dan Ray?
Speaker 2: I think you're doing fine. I think I got to tell you this sometimes I don't. I don't understand how he keeps up the pace. It's a frenetic pace. But my sense is that that he does feel he's got to act and he's got to act quickly. Now I'm not sure that's the best strategy to follow.
Speaker 6: Okay, but let me say this too, Dan Ray, is that how many presidents in the past have stood up and did what this man has done? At least he's trying to. He's trying to make a mock as a great American president. I mean, he campaigned and said what he would do, and he's doing what he said he would do, and people were mad at him. Well, why did eighty million, seventy eight to eighty million people, look vote for him, and then when he get in office, everybody's trying to get back on. Look at look at what what's his name? Did the the Republican? What's his name? Not Ted Cruz? What's the other one?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of them, which which stated a Republican from which state?
Speaker 6: I try to help you out, Grand Paul, Rand Paul. Grand Paul turned his back on him the other day. What was that he was talking about about his tariffs with him standing up actually taking charge and doing what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Gan Paul voted against tariffs. But again, if you knew ran Paul, he's a libertarian, uh and terriffs would not be anything that he would believe in. There was also I think one Democrat that balanced that vote off. But so you're you supported him, uh and and you're still with him and you have confidence him. If I could ask you, Octane, are you working? Are you a student? You sound you sound young to me, but I'm just curious what's your what is your status?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: I'm sixty three years old, Dan dradh you you have.
Speaker 2: You have you have a set of pipes. That thought that sounds more like you're twenty three. I'm envious of your set of of your set of pipes. I have a pretty good ear for age. And you are you still working? You're retired? What what's your What's what do you do?
Speaker 6: No, I'm still working. But I took out the you. I know you go to the gym three or four times a week. I do the same thing. I do my cardio or I do calesthetics. I do my great training. But I mean, I like the good thing about staying staying good health. But I'm not getting off a track. But stay social, stay sociable, and and and worked out, and stay away from all the all the harmful foods. But back to my primary reason of calling you is that I think Trump. Donald Trump is an excellent president. I mean he shows I mean, we've been bullied for all these years on many fronts on the worlds, age, even here domestically at home. This man has taking a stand and look, like you said a few minutes ago, he willing to took He was willing, willingly taken a bullet for what he believed in, to stay save his country and to support his American people. How many presidents have done that?
Speaker 2: They all well, unfortunately, unfortunately, Uh. Sadly, we have a history of too many who have you know, died in office, and so uh you got to respect not only his courage, but the courage of anyone who stands up there because we are a democracy. But unfortunately there are people who like to take, you know, the future of the country in their own hands, which is absolutely unacceptable. Right. Have you called before?
Speaker 6: And no, I caught you way back around twenty eighteen, No, I think right before the pandemic, and I had a brief but you was you was really uh Russian for time, so I didn't I didn't bother you too much, but I know you got a.
Speaker 2: Lot of You got a good chunk of time tonight, and I'm delighted to have talked with you. And I hope you continue to listen and continue to call my program because your point of view is one that I need to hear from. And I thank you for joining me tonight. You made some great points, did a good job.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Octane s it sounds thank you to Dan Ray take he talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: I'll see at the gym. Okay, they have a good one, all right. Let me go to Roger in Foxborough. Roger get you in here before the break at the bottom of the ark.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well, you know, I wish there were more people like Joe who would sell and I could buy into the market more. I was disappointed the market was so high, at record high for so long in the last several months, I wasn't making any money. If it goes down and my contributions get more.
Speaker 2: Are you a day trader at all? Or no?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, just you know my four oh one. But I'm getting old, so I've really ramped it up a bit.
Speaker 2: I had a I had a day trader who messaged me or sent me an email in the last couple of days, and yeah, they said the day he said, the day traders to doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the problem with money markets is if there's a time when people are yanking their money, the money markets could become insolvent. And it almost happened in two thousand and nine. I believe it was in spring. The money markets almost collapsed and people were having trouble getting their money out, but they did. There was only one place, you know, had a few billion, you know, fifty billions. But a lot of people realize a lot of the critical components and the stuff that we get from China aren't made in China. They shipped them the China, Taiwan, even the US Korea makes stuff, ship it to China and then it gets assembled there and then it comes out. And because they don't they can't make the top of the line stuff there. But we do need it.
Speaker 3: It's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a pain, but uh, it's it's like anything, you know, I mean, with the world, we're going to do weak things.
Speaker 2: I know, we're trying to work this rare minical Trump again. One other thing he's trying to work is this rare mineral deals deal whereby for peace and security Ukraine and Russia sees hostilities and and and we give Ukraine some insurance.
Speaker 1: By Yeah, Russia wants our jets. They'll say they might make peace just to get our jets. And China can't even build their jets. They turned down Boeing. Well, India, other people want those jets, and China can't even build their jets without our parts.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, all of that stuff is stuff.
Speaker 1: Your chickens come home to roost, all of all.
Speaker 2: Of that stuff. When I read stuff like that, I think, well, what's the source on that. Uh. I know that China has built a lot of naval vessels UH in recent years.
Speaker 1: And their iron they import a lot iron too, they get it from somewhere.
Speaker 2: Else, right, but they have bulked up their navy immense UH. And it's it's not a it's not an easy argument. You got to look at both the pros and the cars here. No, I'll understand it.
Speaker 1: And you know, big world.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Roger, I feel like I'm interrupting you. You go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I understand.
Speaker 3: What you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's a it's the big world, and you have global supply chains and you disrupted. But you know, a storm could disrupt things. Other things can disrupt it besides politics, geopolitical upheaval. You know, some little countries go and broke supplying somebody with their raw materials and they're going to have a civil war and nothing's going to come out of there. And you know you're gotta be careful who you're relying on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely true. Roger, appreciate you, Carl, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have a great night. Good night. Six seven six one seven. I have wide open lines here and I want to know, are you worried or are you confident? Uh. If you're worried, tell me why. If you're confident, tell me why. I thought those are three very different calls, different and interesting calls, and I hope we can fill the lines during the news here. So obviously all of us are impacted by the stock market, all of us are impacted by the economy. I just want to know what you're thinking right now. Again, if you've been a Trump supporter, are you still with him? If you have been a Trump detractor, do you feel that maybe he's got a germ of an idea or are you convinced he is the absolute road to tradition? Six seven, two, five, four thirty six one seven nine three, one ten thirty. My name's Dan Ray. This is a Tuesday night post marathon. If you were in the marathon, congratulations, will be back on nightside. The Red Sox did win tonight, so maybe they're turning their season around. We'll be back on nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with.
Speaker 5: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So that was a nasty fall. Jason Tatum took the other night the other afternoon at the garden. You saw them just coming down on that wrist. That'll be interesting how that plays in the series. By the way, for those of you who are interested, the futures in the Dow tomorrow are up over one percent, in the S and P they're up almost one and a half percent, and in the Nasdaq they're up over one and a half percent. So after a good day today, the question will be can the stock market put two days together Wednesday as well? I mean, if the futures are an indicator, and sometimes hius are, sometimes they're not. It's as simple as that Tesla is up in the future trading, uh, and na Video is up. Those are those are important stocks, so as is Intel. Yeah you know Ali Baba Uh, that's the stock that's up four percent tomorrow. It's you just never know. I mean, it's it is not a time for people with weak stomachs in the in the stock market. Let's keep roller. Here're going to go to David and Cambridge. David, appreciate you calling in your next NIGHT'SID. How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi, yeah, thank you for picking up. I want to want to be to tu for both and you're probably gonna agree with what I say, but maybe not. And I'm at a fancy school in Cambridge, Mit, where I've been for forty years, and I have always been amazed and upset how rationality takes second seat, third seat, forced seats, to logic and looking at things from both sides. I have never been so incensed, well ridiculed by students from from Harvard for believing that there is anything on earth good about Donald Trump. And I didn't vote for him, but I can see, if you want to keep an open mind, that there are things which he needs to be changed, and he has some ideas which we haven't gotten done in decades. And my tee actually has surprised me that there were The open mindedness was extremely good, uh, and that was nice to hear. But I think if you just got someone who's extreme Democrat to the left, extreme Republicans of the right, and asked them a question, Guys, take a deep breath, Guys and girls, women take a deep breath. Do you think that both sides Trump and whoever's the other side would wish that everybody in America had an equal opportunity for healthy, good healthcare, and a good education and a job that they could live by. Who would say that?
Speaker 2: I think by the way, you were an extraordinary caller, because I have a little sense of MIT. My son in law teaches courses there. He is a very smart guy. I got his undergraduate degree at MIT and his business degree at the at that other school that shall go unmentioned on the same side of the river, if you know exactly what I mean. There's a lot of people in this country who are so fervent they will against the success of America if the guy who's in office is not someone they supported, which to me is it's awful. It is absolutely awful. And uh and and I see it now more on the left, but I also saw it on the on the far right with with with Biden. I mean, I just think that that there are some on the far left and many of the Democratic Party who have Donald Trump came up with a cure for cancer, they would criticize him for adversely impacting the medical community's bottom line. I mean, there would be a reason that they would come up with, which, to me is why.
Speaker 1: Seems to always win. But the wonderful think about America. And I was an extremely liberal college student and uh, but I had a problem being a hippie because I hated I did I was used to hate those who decided to serve right. Where does hate? Where does hate fit in? Where does hate fit in? When do we need to have hate? No one wants hate, but we choose adversity, and it seems to be part of maybe human nature in America more than other places.
Speaker 3: But we have the.
Speaker 2: Freedom and all in all honesty, here's what I think happens. I think that if I look at you and I disagree with you politically, and I can come to see you as an evil person. I mean, you know, Tip O'Neil used to talk about it that when he and Ronald Reagan disagreed, it wasn't that Ronald Reagan was a bad guy or Ronald Reagan taught Tip O'Neil was a bad guy. They just disagreed and thought that they were supporting a bad idea. But but there's a lot of folks now, particularly in the far left, who look at people who disagree with them, and they have they come to the point that they this is a bay of they they so strongly disagree with them, they are evil persons. All the language about Trump is Hitler and his supporters are collaborators. And this is language that that is not helpful in a democracy. I mean, if you've got better ideas than Donald Trump, run against them, or if you got better ideas than Gavin Newsom, run against Gavin Newsom. That's what a democray is supposed to be about.
Speaker 1: I have a dream, a dream that the two opposing sides on anything agree that. Hey' is a good question, you asked, asked us, Do we think they were absolutely positively right with where we think we should do? Do something is going to be one hundred percent sure? I think they all both extreme would say no, But you think it's a better way than the other side. Yes, you hit the other side would like to see America go down the drain. No, well, then wanted to give the other side a chance. How about if you each came up with in these states or this section, you try this program in a social reform or any other approach that you want, and see which works out the best, and encourage each other because you both want America to win? Isn't that true? And I've done that kind of talk with lawsuitents at Harvard and VU and sometimes it perplexes them. Some come up with good answers, which is wonderful. I said, you have to disagree. If nobody disagrees with me, then we're going nowhere, because that's important. But in disagreeing, do you hate me? And I think an example that's really wonderful for America is look at basketball players, especially with basketball players other sports too. When two teams fight each other like playing win, go right to the edge of breaking the long and getting followed. At the end, they hug each other, They say hi, they don't say you jerk, can't wait to see you next time so they can compete, But they don't hate, and they don't want the other guy to get hurt. The last thing they want. I would I'd rather lose this game than see what's his name just not be able to play basketball again. I wish we could learn something from basketball, well anyway, in.
Speaker 2: Any in any in any sport. I mean, if if you go to hockey games, you see guys beating each other up on the ice and then their teammates. Two weeks later, David, I really enjoyed the call. Uh. I'd love to know more about your uh, your your background. So I'm going to ask you real quickly.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming from what you've told me, you've been there a long time. Uh uh at M, I t I assume you teach there. I'm sorry, I assume your time. And you said you've been there forty years.
Speaker 1: I've been a neuroscientist, I've taught there, and I've been a visiting scholar At the last position I had there was a visiting scholar. I was never a professor. I was. I was invited back there because they were very concerned about my obsession with the misuse of technology, AI and neuroscience in the future of humanity. And I could go on forever about that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, do be a favorite. Take Rob's number? Uh when Rob? When we finish here, Rob will give you my direct number, give me a call some day and we could talk off here. You're a fascinating individual, someone who I think I have probably a lot of commonality with in terms of trying to run this talk show. I don't know how much you'll listen to Nightside or not, but you've you've you have epitomized the type of talk show that we're trying to run here, where we give everybody an opportunity to say what they they believe in, what they want. So I hope that I will hear you from you more often.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I love the fact that you do that. Thank you so much. You make the world a better place.
Speaker 2: So I have to tell you that, David, thank you doing me a favor. Hang in there, Rob will give you my direct line. Give me a call someday and if I don't pick up, leave me a number and I'll call you back. I promise. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna we're gonna take a break here. I have Chris, Eddie and Greg uh. They will be on this program, and I even bet they're all on six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. So if you want to be on the program too, you can only dial six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Feel free. We will wrap the hour up. This has been an interesting hour. I wasn't sure what we were going to do, but we've had some really interesting phone calls, and I know that Chris, Eddie and Greg will follow along and I'm looking forward to hearing from them. I look forward to hear from you back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with.
Speaker 5: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Before we get to our final three callers, and we will get to them. I just want to tell you that iHeart is doing pretty well. iHeart has just cleaned up what's called the Webby Awards, which maybe you know of, what's called the oscars of the Internet. I heard Media has officially been named the Podcast Company of the Year with the whopping fourteen wins. I want to hear some of those award winning podcasts. Are you going to do is open up the free iHeart Radio app and dive into our fantastic collection. The iHeart app New and Improved is available. And by the way, you can make WBC your first preset and therefore we will always be a fingertip away wherever you are on God's green Earth. Let's get right back to the calls. I want to get everybody in Chris is in Connecticut. Chris, I don't know what you did in November in the election, but do you have faith still in the if you supported Trump? Or is your skepticism.
Speaker 3: I did? I absolutely he never voted for Donald Trump. Worst fears had been confirmed. I understand what he's trying to do, but the wars that he's fighting were lost when NAFTA was done under the Clintons, when our retirements were taken from guaranteed pensions and put into privatize for one case. And I feel he has no regards for how vulnerable we all are with the stock market, and how by being I think, completely irresponsible with his rhetoric watching my retirement savings, which I was forced to put my money in because I took away my guaranteed pension.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And the market goes down a few thousand points, and then he changes his mind. He doesn't even have the integrity to stay the course of what he's trying to do. So the little guy's gonna take his money out. And when the money does rally, the market does rally, this guy's going to be on the sideline. He'll be really hurt because that's where all his money's going, whether he realizes it or not.
Speaker 2: And Chris, Chris, don't don't do that. Let me ask you, Chris, Chris, I want to ask you one question. You've you've you've been around. I assume you weren't around for the Great Depression, but you certainly I assume we're around, maybe for the hit the market took in the nineteen seventies under both Nixon, Ford and Carter.
Speaker 3: Were around worked I worked at the four to one K industry when the real estate bubble popped in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: One of my ts okay, and what I'm saying is in eighty seven, in eighty seven, the market took a huge hit. Uh, And the market has taken about a three or four or five percent hit in the last month or so. Here's my question. After all of those disasters, whether you talk about the Great Depression, whether you're talking about the savings and loan crisis of eighty seven, some of the recessions that we've been through nine to eleven, what happened at nine to eleven? Which one of those crises, which one of those down trends did the market not recover from?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're in agreement. I hope my point was clear.
Speaker 2: So what makes you think that if what makes you think if the past is prologue there were not going to be okay eventually? Why are you selling? Please? You know, do what you got to do, but don't hurt yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm not selling. I want to be clear. My point is that with Donald Trump, with the rhetoric with the tarriffs and then putting the pause on the tariffs and causing the volatility in the market. The little guy is gonna take his money out and sell.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you were characterizing yourself. I thought you were characterizing yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to keep my money in the market. Damn, I know, because they took away my pension. I got a four to one kry. I'm well, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Donald Trump who took away your pension. It was allowed. A lot of that happened during the Clinton administration when the Democrats kind of turned a blind eye to what happened.
Speaker 3: Absolute worst for the American worker with NaSTA. Okay, Trump, try trying to correct.
Speaker 2: Save, save some of this firepower for your next call. I got three others. I'm going to try to sneak in here. They're not going to get really the time. But yours was a great call. Thank you, Bye, mixed up, Thanks Chris, appreciate it. Okay, real quickly, Eddie in Brookline, Eddie, help me out here. What's your thought? What's your take?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, d well say, I just want to lift you know, I'm an independent voter and I did support Trump. Okay, we got short memories to the American people in the beginning of his administration. He told us this was going to happen. We're going to have to pay a price to get back on track. The previous administration. And I mean this, I'm not just blaming Biden practically destroyed this country, in my opinion. Now I have a lot of stock. Well I have stock, I should say. And my stock went down to twenty one a share, okay, and then whin six days it was up to two twenty eight. Today it was two twenty nine eight.
Speaker 3: Good, it comes back.
Speaker 5: You can't panic. And he told us this, it's like anything. You get the flu, you take the medicine. If you don't take the medicine, you're going to lose. All right, we just have to we have to pay a price right now for a few few months. I really believe that Trump has got an upper sleeve. He's going to pull this off and we'll all be happy.
Speaker 2: Ed, I love your optimism.
Speaker 5: Gave was a fabulous phone call.
Speaker 2: Eddie a fabulous phone call as well. And I'm really pleased with this hour. Thank you so much. We will we need to do more of this. Thanks Ed, You're you're a great man. Thank you Thank you very much. Let me go to Greg on Ontario. Greg, gonna get you in and maybe one more go ahead, Greg, Yeah, And I.
Speaker 7: Agree with your last call one hundred percent. I think it's too early to pass judgment on on Donald Trump. I think he's gonna pull it off, and it's going to take time. People get really anxious, and you know, one hundred or so days into the presidency. I'm kind of looking at from a little bit of a different perspective perhaps, But I'm going back, you know, when I was a young man back in the seventies and that, and I watched, you know, I remember what the economies were like in North American general, in Canada and US. Yes, everything had a US everything had a usay made tag on our Canada. Now we got guided during the seventies. It started then and then through the eighties. And I don't see any reason why you can't re establish that type of an industry. And a lot of people will take up an argument with me, well, there's nobody who's gonna want to work those jobs, and I'll take you you know, I don't see it that way. What I see is a lot of people who would rather not work three jobs at McDonald's or a Starbucks or something and get a good paying job, you know, if you're not going to want to go to higher education and have that option.
Speaker 2: And Greg, Greg, I'm running out of time here, so I'm I'm gonna have to ask you one question. You're my political guy in Canada, who's going to win the election next week?
Speaker 7: Well, just to give you an idea of way.
Speaker 2: Give me just a quick answer, Greg, I'm out.
Speaker 7: Of time, Okay, Okay, quick answer.
Speaker 2: Pa. All right, keep peeking, cont keep please keep in contact. Okay, I want to hear from the election night. All right, everybody, I'm sorry we're done to Tom and Eileen. You called too late. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Marita, thank you very much. All dogs, all cats, all pets do go to happen. That's what Pope friends has said. That's all your pets are. Who would passed. They loved you When you love them, I do believe you'll see them again. Seek anymorrow night on Nightside. Have a great Wednesday. Everyone, coming up on night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook in about two or three minutes. Join us there. Thanks everybody, see tomorrow