Speaker 1: The one thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This teen is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 4: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 5: So just thank you, give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion.
Speaker 5: For a small soft time. They get up people. What they want to die to in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 7: One of them.
Speaker 5: Con this ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 5: Hell old time go to the.
Speaker 9: South, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kakes.
Speaker 5: The seven game winning streak comes to an end for the Dodgers. Is they lose in Atlanta to nine four to three. Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk on your home of the Blue AMPHI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for being with us and making us your choice here on this Sunday night. As the Dodgers had a seven game winning streak going into the series finale in Atlanta, Dustin May on the mound. The Dodgers had scored sixty three runs during that seven game winning streak. Coming into tonight, they fell behind two nothing in the first. They were down four to nothing after three innings. To their credit, the Dodgers chipped away Max Munsey couple of RBIs Miguel Rojas, of all people, his first home run, a solo shot at pinchhit home running. The seventh inning. Dodgers were down one and they had opportunities again. In the ninth inning, Hey Sun Kim, a pinch runner for Andy Patez, who got on board the leadoff infield single, stole second. Will Smith struck out a drop third strike and great base running. What a heads up piece of running from Haysung Kim running to third when the throw goes to first. On the drop third strike from Will Smith, the Dodgers had the tie running ninety feet away. Again. I know it's Ryzola Iglesias, a really good closer for the Atlanta Braves, but not a great at bat for Miguel Rojas and from Austin Barnes striking out on changeups from Iglesias out of the zone. And that ended the game with Kim standing down the third base line, and that was the tie in run. Felt like the momentum had swung back in favor of the Dodgers. You get an infield single, get something going, Kim Steele's second base, gets a little energy into the Dodgers dugout, and then they leave him ninety feet away. So disappointing, laws certainly, you're happy with the two of three you get in Atlanta from the Braves and you're still in first place atop the NL West. With the road trip now continuing in Miami tomorrow eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy. We're here from Dave Roberts coming up in just a couple of minutes. Also gonna give you an update. I tweeted it out earlier this afternoon at Tim Kats, Tim c at s. If you want to give me a fallo, Brad Paisley eight six six ninety seven two five seventies a number, But again, you can follow me on Twitter at Tim Kates, tim c A t S. I tweeted it out Dalton Rushing. It caught my attention following the Oklahoma City comments. The Dodgers Triple A team. The lineup was posted and Dalton Rushing was not catching and was not a designated hitter. He was in left field. We'll get into that coming up in just a little bit. What that means maybe for the Dodgers moving forward, What it means for the twenty four year old Dodgers' top hitting prospect, what he's done so far in Triple A, where he fits into the puzzle, as far as the Dodgers at the major league level. What this means maybe to a move to left field. We'll get into that coming up in just a little bit, and hear from Dave Roberts as well. Let's get out to the phones. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy rough one for the Dodgers. Had opportunities Dustin May put him in a hole they almost got out of it, had a chance to tie, if not winning in the ninth inning, only to lose four to three. Let's go to Eric and the two one three is first up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Eric, I'm doing pretty good, a little bit frisky, a little bit on that medicinal Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So while you're on it. What do you want to say?
Speaker 3: Here? We are, right, you know, the one the best record in the league, and yet our pitching staff has been a little bit decimated. We really haven't been clicking on all cylinders. And here we are with the best record in the league. Right. But I'm calling because I got some bigative things to say. How about that? Tim go? What? Huh? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So here we go. Uh. As much as I love Andrew Friedman, as as much as I praised this regime right for being the best run organization and all the sports, yes, I've been saying this right, but we might hold on to our guys a little bit too much. I E. Chris Taylor, I E. Max Munsey. I know Max has been he barreled, he barreled it out tonight today. But we might be hanging out hanging on to these guys a little bit too much. I know. Maybe you can talk about the incentives that goes along with keeping Chris Taylor this long. I don't know, but Timmy, I'm gonna pound this. I'm gonna keep saying this show Hey needs to go down in the lineup, Cheryl, would you I.
Speaker 5: Like him in the lead? Ospot Eric, I appreciate the phone call. First off, hanging on to Max Munsey and Chris Taylor for as long as they have. These guys got pretty hefty contracts. These aren't players. They just signed two small deals, and hey, we can afford to get rid of them if they're not producing. We got somebody we can bring up and we'll eat the costs. Chris Taylor's making thirteen million dollars this year in the last year of his deal. He's got a club option for next year for twelve million dollars, but most likely will not see that. Max Munsey, you gotta figure he's going to get some kind of offense going even going to the eye doctor and finally getting glasses, which is another thing that's interesting. How is it that it's taken this long to find out you've got a stigmatism in your eye and glasses are going to help you, or goggles are going to help you at the plate. I mean, he didn't need him when he was hitting thirty plus home runs the season, but now that he's struggling, I guess you kind of try everything and see what you can get, right, And certainly maybe his eyes were the reason he only had a couple of RBIs going in tonight and had a pair tonight RBI six and seven on the season, so maybe hood get things going. I'm still confident, Max Munsey, I am. I brought this up on Dodg S you talk the other night. I'm more concerned about left field than Mike and Conforto. And we'll get into it with Dalton rushing and again where he fits into the puzzle now, maybe moving forward and playing left field and triple A. But to me, left field is a glaring issue right now for the Dodgers, and Michael Conforto made a nice diving play in left field tonight. Go into this right great, But at the plate, Michael Conforto is now hitting one forty one and he was zero for to tonight with a couple of strikeouts before Dave Roberts took him out of the game in the seventh inning for Miguel Rojas as a pin shitter who then hit the home run. It's a glaring hole in the lineup with Michael Conforto there offensively, and something's going to have to be done eventually if he can't turn things around. Trey and west La is next up here on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers lose to the Braves four to three in Atlanta. How you doing, Trey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Very well, sir? How are you, Tim Toll?
Speaker 8: You appreciate you taking my colle Hey, you know real quick though, with the CT and the Muncy Bash, it's been going on since last year and CT's on the books. And see, like you said, he literally just got glasses. The same thing happened to Key k. He wasn't. I mean, we don't even know how that was affecting him. And you know, it's a slow degradation. He might not even have realized it. But let's just let's just chill on that situation. The thing that's bothering me. And as you know, I'm trying to be objective and I'm generally way optimistic, but tonight I'm a little disappointed. That night then me, despite the fact we lost the game, I don't think we should have lost it. In the top of the nice situational awareness, you had Pajz battle.
Speaker 3: At the plate. He fouled a few off.
Speaker 8: He gets on. You get Kim on and this guy is he's Flash Gordon on the basis he's doing his best Elie Day La Cruz impression and he gets the third with one out. Now here's what I don't understand. Iglaciers is at the mound and he's dealing, and he's in rhythm. You got to slow the guy down. You got to throw him off. I mean, he's just going he's pitching, he's going quick. I don't know if it's Miguel. And then when we get to you know, is the whole other thing, because I think that that bat was even worse if they don't understand it, isn't it Dino's job to Yoda on the line of slow down, step out all time, throw this guy off. Let him think about Kim on third while he's dancing halfway down the line, because we don't even need ideally sack Fly but we don't even need that. You need a dribbler because he's going home. He's going to beat the picture home. And you know, it's as we know, it's the little things in the game. I don't want to be overly particular, but that situational awareness, and I think from the best team in baseball, we should have seen a little bit of that conscientiousness right there.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, agree you let me know, but I'm with you, tr I appreciate it. Yeah, I didn't think they were very good at bat. For Miguel Rojas, you get ahead one to zero and then three straight change ups that were in the strike zone and you strike out swinging. All right, I Glacius is nasty. Okay, he just struck out Will Smith on a to two fastball. You know, thankfully the drop third strike, Kim's awareness gets over to third. Rojas has gotta somehow put the ball in play, shorten up your swing. It just felt like it needed to be a better at bat. And then with two outs, you really got to put the ball in play somewhere because a ground ball out, a fly ball out, and the game's over. You gotta put the ball in play somewhere. And Austin Barnes swings at the first pitch, strike one, takes a fastball down the middle of the plate, strike two, fouls off the third pitch, and then strikes out swinging on a slider that's out of the strike zone. Ball game over. Gotta be better at bats than that. And I know the Dodgers wanted to get to Otani certainly, Colin, he and I were sitting here thinking, gosh, just can somebody walk, can somebody get on maybe or get hit by just something to get to Otani so he can drive the ball somewhere. He can put the ball in play and maybe get the Dodgers tied or get him a lead somehow. But unfortunately they just couldn't turn that lineup over. Yeah, that situational baseball. That's a heads up job by hay Sun Kim. I thought it was brilliant to have him out there steal second. He had thirteen stolen bases in triple A alrighty in the first month of the season. Steal second. He's halfway between second and third on the drop third strike, the catcher looks him down, and as soon as the catcher squares his shoulder to throw to first, Kim took off for third. The throw goes to first on the drop third strike, and then by the time the first basement was that Matt Olson gets to throw over to third, Kim safe. He beats the throw easily and the Dodgers have the tie. Run at third base with one out, and the Dodgers are right where they want to be with a chance to flip the lineup over in the ninth inning, but they can't get to that point because of strikeouts. Eight sixty sixth nine eighty seven two five seventy Bill admission via ho is next up on Dodger Talk. Hi doing Bill, pretty good?
Speaker 10: Thanks for taking my call. What do you make of Elder with his six strikeouts in the wizarded three innings, six or seven strikers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had six strikeouts and five innings tonight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I mean he was He's the era was pretty high when he came in. And the question is this game and the first game, whoever that starter was that pitched that excellent, you know, the two to one game. He had a lot of strikeouts too. Are you concerned about that every few games? I mean, they've got to put a cirk at number of last night, which was great, But are you concerned about the strikeout the pace sometimes it goes on with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the Dodgers saw that on Friday night, running into a buzz saw again on Friday Night with Grant Homes nine punch outs. The Dodgers collectively eleven strikeouts in that game. Tonight, twelve more strikeouts collectively. That's that's Dodgers, Right, that's typical Dodgers. You know, they'll strike out a lot, but at the same time, on the flip side, they'll win a game putting twelve runs on the board with seventeen hits and three home runs. It's not boom or buss necessarily, because they had a chance to win the game tonight. They they chipped away in a four to nothing deficit and manufactured runs an RBI double, an RBI groundout, a pinch hit home run. So it's not necessarily a boom or bust. They're just a team that will strike out a lot. But quite frankly, looking baseball, that's the way it is now. You know, we're seeing a little bit of a swing of the pendulum back to less strikeouts, put the ball in play more, not an emphasis on slug as much. But we haven't got completely back to where it was twenty five years ago, so we're still seeing a lot of strikeouts in baseball. Dodgers certainly one of the teams that strikes out a lot. But look what they've done the seven games going into tonight, the seven game winning streak, they had sixty three scored runs. They averaged nine runs per game. Granted it was against the Pirates, the Marlins and the first two games against the Atlanta Braves, but it's a good Schwellen bocking against Grant Holmes, two really good pitchers for the Atlanta Braves. The Braves are under five hundred. But let's not get it wrong here. They're a bad team. They're a good team, and they're a team that's gonna be fighting down the stretch in the second half of the season. They'll continue to get healthy. They've kind of, you know, lucky they have the Marlins in their division because they're so bad, but they're gonna chip away at that deficit. The Mets have gotten off to an unbelievable start twenty two wins. I think they're the first team to get to twenty two wins, but they've now lost too in a row. They've lost six of their last ten. Dave cooled off, the Padres, cooled off, the Dodgers eight no start, cooled off now a seven game winning streak. Lose tonight, but they're in a nice stretch here with I think they go to Miami for a three game series which they're gonna absolutely tear apart the Marlins at least they should. They should score as many runs as they did Monday, Tuesday Wednesday at Dodger Stadium again against the Marlins in a ballpark where the ball is gonna fly out of there. I mean, it should be a home run derby for this Dodger team. We saw it Tani go off and his last time in Miami last season where he set the record and had had ten RB in the game, hit all those home runs. That was in Miami, folks. It's a place where the ball travels. And the Dodgers could feast on the Marlins for the next three games, which would be great for them. But tonight, yeah, disappointing ninth inning. You fought your way back, you had a golden opportunity with the Tyne run ninety feet away, and you strike out twice. I mean, tip of the cap to riizul Iglesias. A good closer. As Jose Mota mentioned, he was an angel at one point. He's become the closer for the Atlanta Braves. Has n't been dominant, necessarily picked up his six saved tonight. Okay, He's been really good and he is a really good reliever and closer for the Braves. The Dodgers that had been able to get to him. Tonight, you kind of had him on the ropes with the tye run at second and nobody out and a speedy runner out there. You know, he gets a strike out with the runner advances to third. He's dancing off third ninety feet away potentially to tie the game. You had him rattled a little bit. You had him kind of on the ropes and back to back punch outs. You lose the game four to three. To the final, they fall to the Atlanta Braves eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll get some more of your phone calls. We'll hear from Dave Roberts and his postgame thoughts, and I'll tell you what's happening with Dalton, Russian and TRIPLEA. Oklahoma City Dodgers lose tonight in Atlanta on Sunday night in baseball. They fall to the Braves four to three. We'll come back and get to that right here on m FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: App AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes.
Speaker 5: Of Dodger Talk. All love those things.
Speaker 6: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: We're streaming online.
Speaker 6: We stream every game too, Come find it. Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Bill and Lee set to go his pitch and Rojas swings hits a drive to left field and is back toward the pullpen.
Speaker 7: It is gone.
Speaker 5: A home run, a pinch hit home run for.
Speaker 4: Miguel Rojas, and he brings the Dodgers to within a run.
Speaker 5: It is four to three.
Speaker 3: Rojas with his first home run of the season.
Speaker 1: Oh how do you like that?
Speaker 5: Miguel Rojas with the home run that made it a four to three game. Dodgers would get no closer. They follow to the Atlanta race by the score of four to three. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run fourcast. Go to a m FI seventy LA sports dot Com keyword home run for a year, chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jewelers the gift card predicting the number of runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. Dodgers lose in Atlanta four to three, Bryce Elder to win. Dustin May the loss. Rice ell Iglesias gets the save. Dustin May gave up not one, but two two run home runs to Austin Reiley, one of the first one of the third. Dodgers down four to nothing, chip their way back, had to tie run at third base with one out in the ninth inning, only to see Miguel Rojas an Austin Barnes strikeout to end the game. Dodgers still take two or three in Atlanta. It's still twenty three and eleven on the season and still in first place in the nl wes IS. They now head to Miami for a three game series. Well here for the manager, Dave Roberts coming up in just a couple of minutes to go back out to the phones. Let's go to Charlie and Valencia's next up here on Dodgers Talk. How you doing, Charlie, Hey, how's it going today?
Speaker 11: Just wanted to say, I really was hoping to see Hey Sung in the starting lineup today. I thought it was a great opportunity for you know, you have a right handed pitcher who does not overpower you at all.
Speaker 3: I thought it would have been good.
Speaker 4: I think maybe they wanted Keek in there because you know he's got some pop. The reality is, though k as a starter, jess if not the same guy. He's just not the same guy.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: As far as Dalton Rushing playing left field, that's really good to hear because mat Comforto is letting this thing slip away man. He's in a great situation and in a lineup that doesn't really need him to have, you know, a lot of pop. He just needs to you know, gout there and make contact. And he's he's letting a slip away man. Is a great opportunity for him to make himself a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Taoscar Hernandez did a year ago signing a one year deal. Bet on yourself, surround yourself in a lineup that's full of all stars and MVPs, don't have to do too much and make yourself a lot of money. Unfortunately, just has not been a good start to the season offensively for Michael Conforto. I get why Keiky Hernanda's got the start. I would have loved to send hast On Kim get the start as well. Maybe you know Michael Conforto doesn't get the start and you put kek in the left and let Kim get the start as a left handed hitter and second baseman. I'd did okay with that. I wouldn't have you know, have been fine. But Kim comes off the bench, steals a couple of bases and is in great opportunity for the Dodgers to tie the game with one out at third base, but the Dodger is unable to move them across. Don In City of Industry is next up? The best pipes in sports talk radio? Don In Industry? How you doing, buddy, Kim Kate?
Speaker 1: How the heck are you? Great to hear your voice?
Speaker 5: Great to hear yours? More importantly?
Speaker 1: Oh right, what a team? We're the one two punch, you know, so chanalizingly close. But I was so excited to see this young fella, Kim. I can't wait to see more human in the future. But I got a quick question. You know, usually I listened to the games on the radio in five seven, but the other night I was walking somebody had it on the TV. I walked by, and I see this other team playing the Dodgers in blue, and I said, wait a minute, I thought they were playing Atlanta. What happened to the red and black. Is that, like a have they totally flipped their colors or was that just one of those We're gonna try a different.
Speaker 5: No, it's their City Connects uniforms, which have a little bit of a throwback flavored to it with the lowercase A back from the seventies. So it's I like it. I'd like to look. I think it's it's a cool look that they, you know, should use more often. It's got an old throwback feel to it, which I'm okay with. Don.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just threw me off. I thought, yeah, the university don't what happened? Okay, thanks for assuaging my fears, all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good to hear from you, Don, I appreciated. Yeah, the throwback City Connect uniforms for the Atlanta Braves, I'm on board. I think them in the Colorado Rockies have some of the best City Connect uniforms. I mean, the Rockies to me probably the number one. Atlanta's got that throwback feeling with the lower case A, as I mentioned, So I'm on board with those. Some of them I don't like. I'm not a big fan of Padres One certainly do not like the San Francisco Giants City Connect uniforms. I just they completely missed it with those absolutely missed it eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Dodgers missed it tonight in the ninth and had a runner at third base with one out. Miguel Rojas strikes out, and then it is Austin Barnes striking out as Rozilla Glacias gets the same for the Atlanta Braves. Is sixth of the season. Dodgers lutha finale this three game set in Atlanta, but they still take two or three from the Braves, still at twenty three and eleven, first place atop the NL West. All right, let's get back to Atlanta. Let's get the postgame thoughts of the Dodger manager name Roberts.
Speaker 7: Dave, you pulled the lever in the ninth inning on Kim and he nearly tied the game for you. How big of a difference maker was he for you in that last inning?
Speaker 12: That was great, That was exciting. You know, Iglesias is a hard guy to steal a base on, and Kim got a tremendous jump, close play and then for him to get the third base on that throw to first was huge and set up a situation on that. But you know, that's just some of the things that speed and what you know, hay Song brings to the table.
Speaker 7: What were you thinking when you broke for third when the catcher Baldwin was throwing the first base.
Speaker 12: You know, I was just he would get there, and I think that, you know, that's an instinctual play and for him to get the jump that he did and then to get over to third base, those those are things that as he plays more, we start to learn more, and that just shows that he's got really good instincts.
Speaker 7: You're probably the one manager that pulls the trigger on a squeeze play more than most. Was there any consideration there with Rojas and Barnes on deck to possibly force the issue there?
Speaker 12: You know, I think that the true suicide squeeze is something that we don't do, the safety squeeze, where you have a chance to potentially not have to bunt anything that's in play, and it's something we don't do very often. And I just felt with the drawn and infield, I just thought that Miguel could put the ball in play and give us a chance to you know, tie the game up. But yeah, the traditional suicide squeeze. Certainly with a guy like that that's got such high end stuff, I didn't feel comfortable doing it.
Speaker 5: The often it's just fairly sluggish for the first five or so in he's Does last night the late night have anything to.
Speaker 12: Do with them, I don't know, you know, I thought, you know, those guys I thought came and swung the bat. Well, certainly Riley did, and they squared a lot of balls up. You know, we so both had the same circumstances, and I think you got to give older credit. The slider was really good, and we did come to life later with the bout, But yeah, the first few warnings were pretty, uh lackluster.
Speaker 5: In the first place. Is that's what's.
Speaker 7: In the first place. That's kind of indicated where.
Speaker 12: He's yeah, you know, I mean, he's grinding. But I just felt that, you know, we needed a spark, and I just felt that Maggie had a had a better chance in that moment. And you know, I think that, you know, I'm not I didn't come into the season expecting to hit for Michael very often. But I just think right now, where he's at, he's scuffling. I think Maggie's taken some pretty good baths than Riley.
Speaker 5: It seemed like Dustin actually had a pretty decent outing settled in there too.
Speaker 12: Home runs he did, he did, and I thought for him to get into the sixth inning was certainly helpful for tomorrow in the coming days. And yeah, just a couple of sliders I didn't get glove side. We also made some really nice plays too. I thought k K made some really nice plays. I thought Mickey Road made a really nice play. But again, Dustin to to not run from it, to keep going was big.
Speaker 8: How would you evaluate those first month, you know, within it being back after a year.
Speaker 12: I think the first month him being back, I would have banked. It couldn't be more pleased. And there's just a lot more in there. But as far as the first month where he's at, he's doing great and it's just kind of you know, getting that first pitch strike, being able to you know, put hitters away when you have count levers. Those are little things that I think that he's gonna get.
Speaker 5: All right, There's Dave Roberts talking about Dustin May, talking about Michael confordo and talking about Haysung Kim, who the great question from David Vassa about a possible squeeze play there and getting that tie and run in, especially with Miguel Rojas and Austin Barnes up and with Miguel Rojas one out runner at third base, maybe get a bunt down. He's right, the infield was playing in a closer that's got a fastball that can elevate and get up on you on a four seemer. Tough to get a bunt down. But if that's the case, so you're not gonna bunt with the suicide squeeze, You've got to put the ball in play. You've got to somehow punch the ball out into the outfield. You got to somehow get the ball past the infield. You've got to do something other than a strikeout. And unfortunately, back to back strikeouts to end the game and keep Kim at third base is not ideal for the Dodgers, a game which you know they fought back to their credit down for nothing in almost one tonight, but they lose to the Braves four to three. Michael Confordo continues to struggle in left field. He was pulled for a pinch hitter. Miguel rohas and the seventh through homeward. Michael conforda zero for two tonight with two strikes houts, now hitting one forty one on this season. Michael Conforto is struggling on offense. I'm looking to see you when the last time Michael Conforto had a base hit. Got to go back to April twenty third. Before that, April nineteenth. He's got two hits since the middle of April. That is it. And we're on May fourth now. The Dodgers left fielder tonight made a great play defensively. He's a veteran presence, no doubt about it, but he is struggling. And one possible ball option for the Dodgers is somebody we discussed on Friday night, and when we talked about Dalton Rushing, the Dodgers' top minor league prospect, the catcher, designated hitter, first baseman, I said the experimented with him in left field last year and for whatever reason, decided not to pursue it anymore. Well, today I woke up, looked at the old Twitter machine, and I saw the Oklahoma City Commets lineup for the Triple A team for the Dodgers, and Lo and behold who was getting this start in left field today. Dalton Rushing. So I went and looked up his stats. Dalton Rushing a year ago played thirty one times in left field. He made thirty one appearances and from all accounts was okay, was getting better. But the Dodger organization, for whatever reason, did not have him pursue that during spring training and went back to catching. And if you look at what he's played for the first month of the season in Triple A, primarily catcher, designated hitter, and a little bit of first base. He came off the bench in the eighth inning of a game a few weeks ago and played left field for defensive purposes. That was it. He didn't start the game. He came off the bench. I don't know the situation, but he came off the bench in the eighth inning to play left field. That's the only time he played left field this season till today when he got his first start back out in left field. I bring it up because the comparisons is Kyle Schwarber, an outfielder that has been around and is a power hitting, left handed hitting, home run hitter. Kyle Schwarber, short squatty, big legs, lots of power plays the outfield can DH for you kind of fits the Dalton rushing. Look, now, there is a logjam at catcher. Will Smith as a ten year deal that he is nowhere near completing. He is just getting started on that decade long contract. Last time I looked, Freddie Freeman's under contract for a few more years. The designated hitter for the Dodgers is show Hey Otani. And even when show Hey is pitching the second half of this season, there really isn't going to be an opportunity for an everyday designated hitter because it'll be show Hey. So where does Will Where does Dalton rushing fit in to this puzzle? He's twenty four years old, hitting over three hundred the first month of the season in Triple A Oklahoma City. You're getting to a point where you got to do something with him. He's broken through the minor leagues and is now you got to make a decision, I believe, is he a major league player on your roster or is he somebody that you can turn in to a trade to help your current roster. But you have to say goodbye to him in a trade. We've seen Caber Ruiz. We've seen the Dodgers trade away other prospects. I think Dalton Rushing is gonna be a major league player for a long time. He's got a great swing, and he is a great left headed, hitted, power hitting guy. I don't know if he's a catcher every day at the big league level. Certainly not gonna be with the Dodgers unless there's an injury. Certainly not gonna be the first basement for the Dodgers anytime soon. Unless there's an injury. It makes sense to put Dalton Rushing the left field in Triple A Oklahoma City. I kind of wish they'd started it earlier, but now I'm connecting the dots. I don't know anything. I'm just looking from the outside end, connecting the dots. A struggling left handed hitting left fielder and Michael Confordo continues to struggle. You've got a left handed hitting guy who can play left field but has been catching for you in Triple A Olama City, and Dalton Rushing. You move him to left field, and he got to start today. I hope it's the start of an everyday opportunity for him in left field, so he can get his feet wet, so he can get opportunities, get innings underneath his belt, figure out the position, and then if necessary, you go to Dalton Rushing and give him a shot. We'll see, we'll see if that's the plan. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow and look at the Twitter machine and say, oh, it was just a Sunday opportunity to give the left field their day off and get Dalton Rushing some abs, and that was the only thing. I hope this is the start of something new, as they said in high school musical with Troy Bolton. I hope it's the start of something new for Dalton Rushing and left field, because he would fit at the major league level on this Dodger roster in left field. There could be a spot for him. Michael Conforto's struggles have opened the door for somebody else to play left field every day while producing offensively. That could be Dalton Rushing. So we'll see, we shall see if they ultimately continue to put him out there in left field. I hope so. I hope that he gets that opportunity again. I didn't see him when he played the thirty one appearances last year, but from written accounts on MLB dot com said he impressed with his athleticism making those thirty one appearances left last year in left field. So we'll see again if this is the start of the Dalton rushing in left field in Triple A Oklahoma City. Let's wrap things up quickly with Isabelle in Buena Park. Hi, is he happy birthday? Weekend? Is that this weekend?
Speaker 13: Actually?
Speaker 2: It Wednesday? Thank you?
Speaker 13: By the way, I went apast.
Speaker 2: I live in Anaheim.
Speaker 5: That's Colin's follow up, A park. That's all right, I'm saying I'm sorry anyway.
Speaker 13: Anyway, well, I do say I gave yourself my chest. Wendy Wenday play bart had position players and openness.
Speaker 2: I hate it so much. I guess I cannertin why.
Speaker 13: They happy to be there.
Speaker 2: But I never remember the seventy eighty when the producing players in and then the opening started ting because I never remembered. And please gave Robbie if you listen me to just pleague get come forward out of the line of want on Mondays.
Speaker 5: All right, is the happy birthday to you coming up? We can't wait to celebrate your birthday this week On A five seven d LA Sports and surely here on Dodger Talk, I think she asked when the opener first started in baseball. That's more of a new thing. I mean, that's the tip of the cap to Andrew Freeman and the Tampa Bay Rays, going back to Joe Madden's days with the old opener in Tampa twelve thirteen years ago, and now it is part of everyday baseball. And just look at what the Dodgers' rotation is now this week against Miami Monday TBD, with Ben Casparius expected to get a lot of innings at some point Tuesday, Tony Gonslin Wednesday TBD. So TBD is going to be getting a lot of starts here for the Dodgers moving forward because of injuries and because Yamamoto pitches on Fridays and Roki Sasaki has become the Saturday pitcher college baseball now at the professional level, with a Friday starter and Saturday starter for the Dodgers, and plug in Dustin May, Tony Gonsolin and TBD around those starters for the Dodgers, that's going to do it for Dodger Talk on this SA Sunday night. It's been a long weekend, folks, man the thing. The Dodger spent three days in Atlanta, an hour and thirteen minute rain delay on Friday night, finally got that thing completed. Yesterday. They hunkered down for three hours before starting a game at ten to fifteen Eastern Time, didn't finish until after one o'clock in the morning. They come back today, clear skies in Atlanta on Sunday Night baseball, and they fall short. So a quick weekend series in Atlanta wasn't so quick. But now the road trip continues tomorrow in Miami. A quick turnaround down in South Beach against the Marlins while Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Getting it all started at two thirty in the afternoon after Petros some money and then first pitch at three forty thanks to Colin Ye. Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. So wait for that. Follow Brad Paisley on Twitter at tim Cats if you want to follow until tomorrow. I'll have a safe rest of your Sunday night, everybody, so long.
Speaker 7: Sure