Speaker 1: Hey, everybody gets Tuesday, November eighteenth, twenty twenty five, Welcome to the Giant BombCast, presented by our friends at Diku Deal's. Hi, am your host jan Ochoa joining me co captain of the ship. That's right, he's ready to get his hips moving and swaying this Friday because of y'all.
Speaker 2: Uh. Jeff Cral Hello, Hi. Everyone who has a new PC and has recently installed Discord needs to go in there and turn off Crisp. It's eating what when everyone talks right now? So we'll fix that. I don't think I don't think anyone else's hearing. I think corgeous hearing it.
Speaker 1: But still yeah, all right, Speaking about Crisps, he's the master of all things crispy, all things crunchy that includes cheese and the potato variety in record.
Speaker 3: I'm eating like sixty to seventy of those market pantry peanut butter filled little pretzel pockets a day. I just I've been having like whole meals of those because we've got a big jug for extra lights and I've had it. Says yeah, I've had forty in the last half hour. It's there the most snackable thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking about the most snackable thing. He's the most snackable member of the podcast. Jeff Beckalore yummy, yummy. I'm a snacky boy.
Speaker 4: What can I say? I love snacks.
Speaker 1: I just do. And you know what, we love you for admitting that and being brave enough to say that.
Speaker 4: Oh, what a brave person. I am admitting I like putting shit in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Speaking about putting shit in his mouth. No, this isn't what he does at oh, because he's a bad boy of games media. He's not talking, he's not eating ship, he's talking shit. Oh my KMATI.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be associated with.
Speaker 1: Poop and that's very fair and I you know what, that's that's that's real of you. And I'm happy to get that out there in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: How's it going boys? Podcast? And I thought yesterday was Tuesday and I panicked that we didn't do the podcast and that no one told me. Why did you think that? I don't know. The days have all been jumbled up. I can't imagine how it is for these three plus Sean and kay Love like what day?
Speaker 2: It feels like, Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Did, we did the extra live stream, which will fuck you up enough, and then I had a bonus day of drinking with Kayla till three am. So that'll that'll kind of like you gotta taper down. You go six am, three am, and now I'm trying to get into a human sleep cycle here. But you still feel a little bit off for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting to fight off a cold as well, so it's like, oh, sure, what's happening? Oh boy, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, speak about extra life. Congrats to y'all raising over fifty k for the kids shot out of the community. Parts one and two are up on the John baumb YouTube sands the Crystal Coconuts because it turns out people care about the crystal coconuts. But boys, what a what a what a chaotic day? Because every time I would tune in, something would be happening, and I don't remember hearing about it at all. People, multiple people were in Grimace costumes. Everyone was dressed up as quan Chi at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at times I was in the Grimace costume as quan Chi for well over an hour, I want to say, at good point where the one little face window I had to see out of was smeared with quan Chi. Makeup, so it was very difficult to see the three hundred plus marbles I had to put into that tiny bowl with a teaspoon, and that was just a one go. I had a bonus hundred later on. So yeah, over four hundred marbles and a Grimace. Dude, that was a white an experience.
Speaker 2: Somebody, somebody contact Guinness. That's gotta be a record for without a doubt. Yes, why Grimace. Uh, Kayla had a.
Speaker 3: Grimace suit and I just kind of told everyone that, like, hey, if you got any gimmick outfits or anything blike club suits, anything, bring it and we'll see if we can figure something out. And uh, then the idea of the Nobs whole evolution really came together once Kayla came to town and then she was like, oh, I have a Grimace suit, and then just things kept getting piled on top of that and you almost killed a man. Yeah, I would suggest anyone look at my blue sky of the clip of Grimace, which was Mike at the time.
Speaker 5: And I went in and, uh, it is.
Speaker 3: The closest I've been to being uh choked out maybe ever probably I was physically attacked by Mike Manatti and a Grimace suit, and it was.
Speaker 1: Terrifying when I got the email that the stream got taken down and I didn't put together that it was probably because of the crystal coconuts bit. I thought it was my heads of a grown man and then grim has cost him choking out another man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never seen him move faster. I honestly haven't.
Speaker 5: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Creaky Legs on an edit sped it up. But that is how it looked in my first person view. Although it was like most of my view was purple and moving, I was like, it's moving around and I was being choked.
Speaker 1: Now, Dan, I'm not supporting violence or retaliation. Sure, sure, it's very funny. I was just enforcing rules.
Speaker 6: But Jane, let me stop you right here. Do you think I just did this out of the blue? Do you think that this retaliation?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I was gonna ask Dan, Yes, did you have it coming?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I was enforcing rules. I was on the right side of history here at the time.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: No, there was a rule where you had to only move the marbles with the spoon, and Mike was like doing stuff where he was like trying to do little gamy things where he was like kind of cupping his hand around the spoon so he'd have a wider area because the marbles fall out of the.
Speaker 1: Can you explain this one?
Speaker 4: Because I gotta imagine there's like thousands of people have no idea.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows what's happening when you get a gramma and a spoon and market together full time.
Speaker 1: This is insanity.
Speaker 3: Means instead of being sent to the noobes Hole, which is self explanatory for those who didn't see it, you now go into the blight Box, which a thousand dollars. Somebody could pick anyone to go into the blight box, and you have to get into an inflatable grimacesuit, which a giant and go into a room that is filled with balloons and the botom shop'm fucking flippy dippies that you punch, you know, the balloon things that.
Speaker 1: Go back up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like a puzzand bag, yeah yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And then on one side of the room is a stool with a big temperar bowl, and on the other side of the room is the same thing. One of them's filled with marbles. One of them is not, and for the thousand dollars donation, you have to move one hundred marbles from one bowl to the other using only a standard kitchen tea spoon.
Speaker 1: That's challenge, it's a fit. It's you know.
Speaker 3: Mike in and said what is this double dare bullshit when he first got there, And that's exactly what it is. So the whole point is you got to move these marbles and this precarious situation in a grimaceuit with obstacles, and you got to keep it in the little bowl of the spoon. And Mike was making it larger by cupping his hand underneath it and thus negating the difficulty.
Speaker 6: So I went, was that was you said no touching a spoon with hand? My hand wasn't touching the spoon. I never I never caught a marble with it. It was just to steady my hand. You never said that wasn't allowed. But sure make up the rules as you go.
Speaker 3: Numerous people were reporting you and uh and talking about the stuff you're trying get away and ros.
Speaker 6: People said that the coffee mug was a teeny tiny coffee mug for ants. But then they like to say things.
Speaker 5: So I was enforcing the rules, and I went in there let him know, and.
Speaker 1: He ad, so this is a charity thing. It was a charity thing. Yes, we're just saying. Yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 4: I'm just making sure, like you know, to benefit this charity, human suffering had to endure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't take how sharity usually works. Yeah, I wouldn't take you anything back. No, yeah, all right, Michael, all right, Mike, you're right. Look, I'm fine. Look Dan almost killed me in a sauna. Later, if it makes everybody feel better, all.
Speaker 1: Right, how did what happened there?
Speaker 2: Oh? It wasn't good. It wasn't good.
Speaker 1: Get more specific.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I did. I look, the sign didn't suck good.
Speaker 6: I need to be I was like, it's fine, it's like okay, I said in that sauna, be clear.
Speaker 2: He was clothed in a sauna, which is just never good. It wasn't good. I got how long?
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know. It felt like a long time for me. I think I lost most of my body weight though in water because there was just it was just coming down like a shower.
Speaker 2: It was just rough.
Speaker 6: I was like, this probably can't Then, like I also realized I'm not going to beat this Mortal Kop Mythologies level. By the way, Dan's original idea when he put me was, do you think you could.
Speaker 2: Beat Mortal Kombat Mythologies in a sauna.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm talking to someone who racks a lot about being a world record speed runner of that game.
Speaker 2: You're number one reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that takes practice, Dan. You should know by now, Mike, Dan's got a lot of ideas.
Speaker 2: It's got a lot of ideas. He's got a lot of idea.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm afraid to say no because I think he's gonna think I'm lame and not like me anymore.
Speaker 9: You poor sucker to everything I know a thousand dollars, Mike.
Speaker 6: Okay, say no to the things were that are absolutely impossible and you get up, guy of all the things, to say.
Speaker 1: That out loud. Oh, Mike, you know what. I respect you. What about that you don't have to jump into for me?
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy. I do appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The sauna, Dan, Yeah, it's part of it, man, And like that, Like ten hours ago, I was in there for like forty minutes.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the the in tense heart rateing there like.
Speaker 1: Oh it's it's the good stuff. If you want to catch up on all of the Extra Life shenanigans, all of it is now up on YouTube as I mentioned, but also special special shout out to everyone that has been part of the Giant Bomb Extra Life team. Shouts out to y'all. A bunch of people streaming last weekend the weekend before that raising all sorts of money for the children. Uh so shouts out to y'all. Also shouts out your friends at main gearmangear dot com, slash Giant Bomb. Go get yourself a PC. Go buy yourself a good old face plate. Don't buy Mike's though, it's too it's too specific. Go buy mine. My mind, put me on your PC. So I'm constantly watching over you, like a good friend that doesn't respect you that much.
Speaker 2: Mike. Yeah, I have a respect problem around here. I'm gonna to start.
Speaker 6: Really, I think I got to attack more people.
Speaker 1: I would be DA would admit.
Speaker 6: I bet he respects me a little bit more since I attacked fear and respect.
Speaker 1: Fear and respect. Uh, folks, I don't want you to fear us, but I I want you to help join us and greb how can they help join us and support us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to giant bomb dot com slash join and become a premium member. It gets you at pre versions of the show. But what it really gets you is the assurance that Giant Bomb can continue to be out here as independent games media doing what we do, creating fun stuff, creating a home base for you on the Internet, for you to enjoy gaming in a way that is familiar and cool and surprising. And we're going to keep doing it as long as we have you at our back. And thank you to everyone who has supported us. We see you coming in there, we see the names on the roster when you join, and it means the world to us. Thank you so much, and we'll keep at it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep at it, just like Chuck is going to keep out it. Because Chuck needs help with the Giant Bomb Wiki. He's building us a new site, but he's also carrying over the wiki. If you think you have any coding experience or whatever, Chuck language, Chuck speaks, which is responsibility and codes. He speaks in terminals through us joint the Giant Bomb Discord. Go to the wiki street Team channel when your assistance or at a BombCast, calm slash wiki, and I believe that is most, if not all, of the plugs to get out to. Oh you know what, everyone, everyone put on a jacket because from December first to December fifth, the website is going on a site freeze.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You won't be able to log in, you won't be able to add any new articles, edit the wiki. Chuck is hitting the freeze button.
Speaker 2: Mike's just stick a gun at and say everybody freeze. Nobody moves. Everybody on the ground, Everybody going the fucking grass of fucking stick up.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: No one in the bank would take that seriously. I'm sorry, I'll say that.
Speaker 2: You kissing the floor.
Speaker 1: And we're freezing the site because we are hoping to get the new site up and running, so to sink things up, Chuck is going to need to have to do a content freeze. But don't worry. If you are already a premium member and you have the RSS hooked up, you'll be able to watch all of the premium content at free podcasts as you do. Uh as to what an RSS feed is, I don't know how to help you with that. Go go google Dan explain to the folks at home what an RSS feed is.
Speaker 3: It's how you It's a confusing way to describe subscribing to a podcast app. It's utilizing an RSS feed whatever that means. It's just the way you download. It's like when you go to YouTube TV and you subscribe to a show. They just decided to make a stupid acronym for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah almost, yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And folks, if you have not logged into the old website and opted in, what are you doing? You want to lose all that you want to You want to lose all the fun images you've uploaded over the years. You want to lose your.
Speaker 2: Moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to be drowning in moms spaghetti. Don't do that. That's for Mike Manatti to do. Uh, just log into the website. Please help us out, help us, help you, and once again, thank you for your support. Thanks for extra life shouts at the main gear shots and Deko deals. Go make yourself a list because of Deco deals, we're gonna be we might be playing Just Dance this Friday.
Speaker 2: I think we're probably playing Just Dance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have to be a tremendous descent vote happening between now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone descent descent exactly. But let's unless anyone has any dissenting opinions. Shall we get into games?
Speaker 2: Right? How can people vote on that? If they do want to change the change our fate?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 2: They got to go to dco deals dot com slash giant bums. That what it is.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it. You can take a fun little quiz to figure out which one of us you are most like. You can see our top ten games of the decade, as well as some other fun lists, and maybe you could vote first to play something else besides just dance.
Speaker 2: About it now.
Speaker 1: I actually kind of hope we do play it all right, Well, everyone else is fine, everyone else is good, be fine. We hanging, we clanging? Yeah, I know y'all are recovering. Yeah, yeah, I'm so tired.
Speaker 6: I think Penny's sick, poor dog too, So I don't know figure that out. She's just very lethargic right now, the poor Pupper.
Speaker 1: Gang. I over the weekend, I had a bloody mary and they put a giant stock of celery in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do I eat that? I wouldn't kind of clean chip between your butt cheeks and distract enemies.
Speaker 1: That's what you Okay, Okay, yeah, I just needed some guidance because I was like, oh, this is fun. I like how this tastes. And then it had a gigantic stock of celery and then like three lemons on it. I'm like, do I I think I squeezed the lemons into this?
Speaker 2: But the celery?
Speaker 1: Do I do? I consume it?
Speaker 3: Maybe hot take here, but I know the gimmicky blood bloody marys are all the rage, you know, like, oh, we put a whole three course meal in here, and six slum gems and you know, much of dandy or whatever. I don't want that. I just I don't want to bunch of wet like stuff in my drink. Really, it just seems like again, it seems like a place where you go to get a milkshake, and all the milkshakes look like they're meant to be instagrammed rather than eating, you know what I mean? Sure, yes, yeah, I want this to be an easy thing. I wanted to be taste great, But like all those like milkshakes and stuff with like eight billion things coming out of it, It's like that's because you want people take pictures.
Speaker 4: It's not it's just plating, right or glassing in this case.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's it's average. They know that it's it's a grammable people take pictures of it, and other people go to the place. It's advertising basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were also making things pretty before Instagram, I know, but.
Speaker 3: It's gotten egregious in recent years. I would say, and like maybe like mind of bloody Mary, but like I want a bloody Mare, like an airplane style bloody Mary. We're just like, here's just red stuff in a cup, you know, Like I don't I don't even need the cellar room.
Speaker 5: I'm not mad about Clary. Just don't go beyond that.
Speaker 1: I do like in some drinks that they give you a little snack, you know, a martini, they'll give you some olives. That's fun. I like having that. Well, yeah, it's the best drink. That's why in my in my quest to become a Martini guy, I think I've actually become an olive guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that just comes with the with the territory.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have you completed trans transaction though, have you also become a Martini guy or just an olive guy?
Speaker 1: I think if someone offered me a bowl of olives, I'd be more excited for that than a martini.
Speaker 4: Well, are you like a charcutery person, because that will find its way into person.
Speaker 2: We all know.
Speaker 1: We all know that. Oh did does that too?
Speaker 4: The little check mark under his chin all the time, that's the.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, he's okay.
Speaker 2: All right, never mind, we're done catching up.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear about small adventures.
Speaker 2: I was at the moment.
Speaker 6: I saw a wrestler shirt at the Hot Topic and I always wanted to get it for Dan.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hot topic an incredible series of words.
Speaker 2: All of America. I saw a wrestler shirt at the hot Topic. I'm Mike Manati all those things together and I.
Speaker 1: Want to buy and Dan, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You went there.
Speaker 1: I think Tom Brady was there when you were there? And what cats? I is that? A? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He kept talking about like long lines and stuff, and I followed them all of America on Instagram was like, oh, right, Tom Brady and a K pop group were there, So Mike was there during.
Speaker 1: A busy day?
Speaker 2: Were they there together? No?
Speaker 3: No, tom Brady was doing some stupid card store opening that he's got and then I.
Speaker 2: Saw them in the Lego store.
Speaker 1: There's five of the Kop group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: Did you know that Tom Brady is like getting into like cards and ship.
Speaker 2: Everybody's getting in the car. It's then, Yeah, Mike, he's your bias from Cat's eye?
Speaker 6: What's your bias from CATSI my bias to the left.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well never mind dance it's wide into the left.
Speaker 2: All right. We're getting more details every week.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I know normally there's a segway prepped, but I don't have one. I'm just gonna hit the ground running, just like Dan and Grub have hit the ground running with Absolom, and I've joined them because I've finally tried out Absolom. Boys. I don't want to rub it in. I don't want to rub it in. Fourth Run cleared it?
Speaker 2: Oh didn't? Wait?
Speaker 5: Are you doing solo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wonder if they scale it with with multiplayer.
Speaker 2: But watched Maybe we just suck.
Speaker 5: No, we don't, Jeff, We're doing great. We haven't even tried to run.
Speaker 2: We haven't even tried it yet. That's the thing. Yeah, Look, I don't want to I don't think you too. Suck.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're like savants, but I do think that like not being able to do back.
Speaker 2: To back runs and makes any ruguelike.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is. I think that's what it is because you guys, there's so much time in between each run that the information retention is just leaking out of.
Speaker 3: Note No, me and Jeff Grub you want to talk memory we are just memory trap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just you just messaged us like to Gannadworf talk in Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 5: No, he did it earlier today, that last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, earlier today.
Speaker 1: Dan asks where are we meeting for the podcast? And we've been meeting a discord for at least a month.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're still like you could be massed.
Speaker 1: It could be you know, it could be any other things.
Speaker 7: You know, like.
Speaker 3: Hit me like a brick last night because like we were talking about voice actors. Okay, we're just doing Game of the your talk and we're making jokes about like Ben Starby and everything and everything, and I mentioned is somehow the guy who you brought up some guy, Yeah that was up, the Ganandorf guy. Yeah, you're like he was the voice of Ganandorf and uh, Tears of the Kingdom, and I didn't think about it. And last night I'm just sitting around and I was like Ganondworf didn't talk and Tears the Kingdom, and I was thinking, like, well, he does like laughs and like battle grunts and stuff like that. And you guys told me there's this full scenes of him talking and it's boy good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two sentences.
Speaker 6: English in the very beginning of the game, especially pretty heavy on that.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 6: You know, you know Zelda talks in that game, right, I do.
Speaker 3: Remember Zelda talking, and especially because like that was a link go do a thing, you know, like she does that a lot.
Speaker 6: But just like a lot of that stuff, you know, you're thinking of Okarina of Time.
Speaker 5: I frequently am.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember, like is it back and forth with a Gan?
Speaker 1: Well Link doesn't talk, so.
Speaker 6: No Woulf talked, Yeah, Link doesn't talk though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or or Gannadorf and like Rahu or something like that. Yeah. Wow, I don't like saying it's a tough say. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know no Jets and Dance skip cut scenes. I never skipped cut scenes. I never ever ever skipped cut scenes. I just don't none of the information.
Speaker 6: You only only skip victory scenes in Lego Party ever, because there's a I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if the one over extra life was accidental, but holy smokes, this game fucking bangs. I know that you all there's plenty of footage now of you two going through it, but I when I unlocked Cider. Sider is the female character with like, uh the extendo arms about that character?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that your pole? She is absolutely my favorite. I don't think I've ever felt cooler in a video game than I have playing a Sider. And you know, there's builds with various rogue lights or action adventure games, you know, like in a Devil May Cry, these three specifically where there's moments where you don't hit the ground because you just have a infinite combo going uh and you were still punishing a dead enemy. That happens all the time with Cider. And I think the thing that needs to be shout out about Absolom is that you can stun a boss, right, you can. The bosses are pretty much susceptible as all of the other enemy characters, Like if you juggle them, they'll be juggled, and if you stun them. They'll have like a little bit of a stunt that you can completely get through a phase and rinse them in a couple seconds. I had a build with Cider eventually where as soon as I hit them with my extendo arm, which was her special ability, they the enemy would be shocked. Also, the clashes in that game, which is like the kind of their version of a pairy, absolutely amazing. I had a power up where as soon as I would clash with them, the enemy would just explode.
Speaker 3: And that's the why. There's the dash one, and there's the why one. You're talking about the LA one right.
Speaker 1: Which is like your heavy attack and once you like hit them as they're hitting you or supposed to hit you, like, it'll do a pery. And I cannot sing enough phrases about this game just because it just feels so good. It looks very good. I think they've nailed the progression mechanic because I thought, originally you are just going through the bottom part of the map, and I thought, uh, the top part of the map was just meant for like, oh, that's just maybe we'll have DLC.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Instead of your ship going all the way to the right, your ship is going to go up top this time, and the different types of boss battles and the different little secrets. I like how they have used the mission mechanic of like, hey, you got to fill up this this coal thing for this furnace and you'll have to check up on it your next run. You're not gonna be able to do this run. So I like how it incentivizes you to keep going and keep playing the game. I think if you two had the ability to instantly replay and instantly do a run, I think the I think y'all would have beat it by now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the type of game we're good at, like being yeah, oh totally totally, yeah, Yeah it does. One thing I do kind of struggle with is like maybe this is exacerbated with two players, but like a lot of times during the like there's a ton of ads and a boss fight stuff where the am I but I.
Speaker 2: Lose track of my character every once in a while for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, we'll beat it soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You you two have, uh the Dwarf and the Elf? You have you have the Frog as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one run with the Frog and one with Sender and like they both seem cool too, did I do a sender one I can't remember. No, I don't think I was fully able to upgrade Center Fighter cider cider. Okay, but I should try that out. Yeah, yeah, those characters seem really fun, like Grub getting the like dwarf rocket thing where you.
Speaker 2: Rocket dwarf rocket? Do you know?
Speaker 6: Yes, you know it's pronounced cider because if it's tangy and brown, you're insider.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, Jane, four runs is faster than I did it. So, I mean, I think you're maybe you were just good. Maybe you're in Absolom's uh.
Speaker 5: You were gonna say slut, you were gonna He's got something.
Speaker 1: He's got something.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 6: I always said savant earlier. What's another good one time? He's really good at things. We're not going to move on with the podcast and absolute adept adapt. That's why I want to here an absolum adapt.
Speaker 1: I would have taken slot. That's fine, But thank you, Mike, Like, here's here's my pitch. You and I launch a competing series called this is actually the Run. Oh, very funny.
Speaker 6: You will be we'll be Cider and the Frog.
Speaker 2: It will be the quest are you are you?
Speaker 6: There is a lot of like, you know, post game stuff that I didn't really dive into.
Speaker 2: Are you interested in any of that, jan.
Speaker 1: I, I kind of am, but I think I had enough. I had a satisfying feeling of completing a run before these two were able to. And again, it's because I'm able to just repeatedly do a run over and over again. And uh, I don't have to deal with the mess of losing my character because this is the only character. But in terms of the Scout, please, in terms of the postgame content, I am curious because I do want to see how vast the skill tree and the power ups wind up going.
Speaker 6: I love the bubbles too, Mike. You get into the bubbles. I had some bubbles. The bubbs are helping. There's some spicy bubbles.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what and how the bubbs will synergize of some of the other elements. Very fantastic. I like the tornado stuff as well. The fire stuff's great.
Speaker 3: The proximity sparks like thorns.
Speaker 1: I mightn't really get into the thorns, you can get.
Speaker 3: Them pretty strong. And then also where it's like every time you do X, like three thorns come out. So yeah, and there's a just sucking them up.
Speaker 1: It's great, okay, all right, but the boss battles in this game really really well done. Sometimes I feel like in a beat them up game, the bosses are kind of like too big and like they don't quite fit into the world, and it just feels a little bit boring. Here, they actually feel like good set pieces. And I love it when a boss character will be using the same types of abilities that you can use, and that shit just hits on a different levels.
Speaker 3: And an animation for everything is just like the design of all the bosses, just all the attexts.
Speaker 5: Beautiful game.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate, like you were talking about exploring the map jam but like even just like the tiny little secrets, so like the character comes along to say, hey, there's a little bit of missed over here, let's go over here. Just all those things where it's like, oh, there's more to this world than I realized, and kind of finding those things makes each run feel cool and different. I did.
Speaker 1: I did get a lot of information from watching you guys, so I knew to hit the mast at one point on the ship to get the dude and all this other stuff. So I did learn from YouTube. So there we go. The run will continue on. Folks, do not worry. Speaking about very pretty looking games like Manada. You played this last night on Mega man Dan, looks like you've been playing this as well. Luminous Arise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I have actually not been much of a Luminous guy before. Like when that first look came out on the PSP and it seemed like it was the game everybody really loved. I was kind of like, I don't know if I get this or completely understand what's happening here. I mean, I like other drop down puzzle games. I like Tetris, I like like paneled Upon, Slash, Pokemon puzzling and and all that stuff. But you know, I'd like to Tetris effect a ton just for the aesthetics and the vibe. So you know, knowing that I was going to be getting that basically again with this made me excited for it anyways, And I was just learning more about what I should actually be doing in Luminous, and I was having more and more fun the more I played it. It doesn't click with me in the way that a Tetris or a paneled Upon doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like I still not I feel like I have like two.
Speaker 6: Layers understood, like strategy wise, when I'm missing like that third layer, like that fourth layer.
Speaker 2: Of like things I should be thinking about when I'm making these square.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't overthink like, you know, I hear a lot of people talking about they're like writing the line thing like the timeline, Like, don't overthink that, because that's never how I've thought about it. Where it's like, oh, I gotta be dropping blocks right behind the line every time. It's more of just a speed thing and just generally building stuff to the left of the line. You don't need to hug right up against it. You just need to like set a bunch of things up so the next time the line goes across, you're getting you know, sixteen x or whatever combo. But yeah, don't overthink the line part of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think that kind of helped it also up a little bit to like wait because I got first, I was maybe going too fast, So waiting for the line a little bit was giving me all more opportunities to make.
Speaker 2: The bigger squares.
Speaker 6: But you know, the awesome stuff here is just like touches effect, like the way it is playing with the music, like each time you move, there's like a little notes, and there's different songs. Each song has a completely different aesthetic, Like the blocks themselves will change. There's always like two kinds of blocks, right, So first it's just like you know, a red one and a blue one. Then you know, eventually it's like egg and feathers because it's themed and there's you know, kind of amazing music that's going everywhere from kind of like soulful edm or kind of you know, just sort of blissful soothing to wrap and it's but it all somehow is connected and fits in a really interesting fun way. There's also this burst mode and touch the fact that's something similar where basically you can it's it's almost kind of your recovery tool because you use it and you can sort of make like a very big clear also a little confusing, and they don't still entirely understand it. But I kind of got to the point where like, all right, if I sort of just drop stuff and they're kind of touching, I'll make some very big squares here and that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a thresholds where it turns into a full square, like you can like you want to have like let's say it's blue and orange and blue is that nucleus or whatever? You just want to hug as many of those blue blocks next to the nucleus of.
Speaker 2: Blue, right. I don't know what makes the orange dough like go to Heaven.
Speaker 3: I think there's a certain threshold where it's a hit a certain thing. It's like, okay, we're gonna knock all the other ones, Like if there's oranges hugging it, yeah, boom, we're gonna bump into the top. Then you can keep kind of making that square that nucleus and bigger, and then when it ends, you get all the points for the blue and then all those orang rained down, and then you can throw a bunch of shit on there again, like if you have one of those cross things that connects all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're like, oh that it's great. Who are the little dudes that pop out after you.
Speaker 5: I don't from the original.
Speaker 2: They have like names above them, they have online tags.
Speaker 6: I think they are other people. Yeah they've been all the time that Yeah, they've been in wait for us to release them. I think it's just some cute way for them to make the game like online.
Speaker 1: Okay, and.
Speaker 2: People are people are good online, I should wait for the burst until I have one of those cross things, because I'm like, I'm just like now getting to the point where when I'm playing where I am like looking ahead to another piece a little bit, and it's like, oh, okay, so that there's a there's a thought right there. If I did that and did the opposite color, I could wait and get one of those cross things. When they all come back, I can just destroy them all. That would be awesome. Okay, there's a new strategy I learned. I'm playing in VR and what they met a quest three connected to my computer over what you do?
Speaker 5: The theme VR link thing? Yeap works perfect?
Speaker 2: It works perfect, and it's it's uh yeah, you know remember Tetris effect and how that felt when you played it in VR? If you ever did this does the same thing. I think that it's perfectly perfectly acceptable to play this game on a screen on a handheld whatever, like it's going to have similar effects. But they do build these games with VR in mind. That's something I think Missugucci probably was always thinking of VR, even long before he was making VR games. And I like Mark McDonald's over there and he's a big VR Evangelist as well, and they Yeah, they did a good job of sort of just enveloping you in that sound and those feelings. And it's the effects that they do of having the playfield back up and kind of moving more into your face as things are getting more intense there. It's even more subtle in VR and even more effect Uh So, yeah, I it's working there that I will try to continue to play through that story mode, which I think I got about halfway through last night until I finished that up in VR.
Speaker 5: It's it's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm pretty good at Luminous, Like I'm on the end of just normal on the journey right now, and it's like I'm failing a couple of times here.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: These games, like they had that thing where if you fail, you can push continue and then you're like you're on this segment you were with no blocks again. So yeah, pre starting Super Mario Brothers, Yeah you kind of eventually brute for you like lose points worse, but yeah you can force it.
Speaker 1: I'll give a ship about my school.
Speaker 5: I just want to I got to try to S rank everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to so far away from S ranking this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I still don't know if I'm good, Like, I definitely have seen improvement where it just kind of clicked. I don't know what that's about. Uh, And then I had been progressing pretty quickly. But yeah, I just want to see all the levels. I want to hear all the music, I want to do all the things. And then I think after that, I'm gonna be done.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah there. I got to a point when they eventually pourted Luminous to the p S two where I locked the fucking and cracked it was cracked out. I have yet to achieve that in Luminous Arise because I think it is too visually over stimulating, where I am just getting lost in the sauce. And that's not discredit to the game. I really do enjoy the visuals, but like, wow, does this game get really really busy? Jane, I think you're goaded with the sauce.
Speaker 2: Phase rug audio.
Speaker 1: It's a must cop my friend's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't see the best video game commercial ever? Or that's Alexa plus commercial wherever it is. It's somebody from the Phase clan. You know, the Phase clan.
Speaker 4: I know, famously Batman phrase clan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. It's like it's Alex Corconer.
Speaker 6: This guy's just playing games and he's like, oh, Alexa, like how many kills was that? And she's like it's like, oh yeah, that was like a lot of kills. You're really cool and he's like yeah. Then alexis like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're coated with the goat sauce.
Speaker 4: You goaded. That's so like, I love that so much because that is it's a commercial presumably, yes, that is like literally made for nobody's made for the chief of marketing at him. I guess who can like brag to his other Silicon Valley Davidson.
Speaker 2: No, Pete Davidson's in Alexa Plus's pocket and he's like, hey, should I change my name to Peter? And Alexa's like, I don't know. It's like the bad commercial. It's really weird. And he's like at the end, he's like, I guess I'll just stick with Pete Davidson.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? What is this so bonkers? Nothing? It's for no one. It's for no one. No one exists in the world. That would be like, ah, I'm now impacted by the thing.
Speaker 2: I just saw a.
Speaker 5: Should I send my get good uh gift again?
Speaker 2: Is sure?
Speaker 5: Sending you know, a twenty pack of Kleenex?
Speaker 2: How about this time send a thousand tissues to them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's like, uh okay, wow, So this is all about how maybe Alexa might upsell you on Amazon. That's what you're getting at here.
Speaker 1: It's for your force feuds.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate a good idea. Best of luck Amazon, hope you knock it out of the park.
Speaker 6: Just getting worse than I know they're commercials, but they're getting really bad.
Speaker 5: Were good, I'm trying to think if they were ever.
Speaker 2: Christmas one was good? Yeah? Yeah, like frogs.
Speaker 6: Like Coca Cola with that kid who gets a jersey from the football player.
Speaker 2: That is much better than the AI Christmas commercial.
Speaker 1: What about when one of the Jenner's sisters ended war and racism.
Speaker 2: With as.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 1: Racism until yeah, problems we overcame diversity. Even the Super Bowl ones have been so bad. The last time.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl commercial now it was like huge fas, random celebrities and there's here's Jason Momoa and the scrubby guys dancing around with the monopoly.
Speaker 6: Dudes and what the fuck is this or it's always like we're bringing back back to the future as a commercial for Durisos.
Speaker 1: He is like, yeah, yeah, yeah. I got really sad when Bruce Willis was doing a lot of those like commercials and you could tell he was not completely cognizant because he was doing stuff for like a Russian car battery A second am I imagining.
Speaker 5: That there were some elder abuse going on for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much elder abuse and not near mind. There's no fun way to phrase that anyway, going from something that feels icky like being coated in the goat sauce to game the code that is uh dripping in swago. We talked about this at length a couple months ago when this came out, but Art of Vengeance I finally got on the time to check this out. I knowd and you were very into it. I know Sean is very into it. Gang Holy shit game, feel good, game look good. I like that as a very straightforward progression of like go find like they hit an object so you can unlock more moves scrub because then like once you do that, wow, this game just sings. I thought Prince of Persia felt really from last year A Game of the Year last year felt really good lost Crown. This doesn't quite feel up to that level, but it is still a fantastic feeling throwback game that takes everything that I really enjoyed from the original Shanobi games on the Genesis and modernizes it in such a way that it it lives up to my imagination and my rose colored glasses from the past. Also, Joe Musashi a fantastic name for a ninja be one of the coolest looking ninja's and video games shrinking.
Speaker 6: It's cool looking like a like a sexy uh ninja nurse?
Speaker 2: Wait? What what like ninja nurse?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because nurses wear the way in the red Oh okay, okay, it looks like a nurse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Anyway, if you have to check this out, then I highly suggest you do before Game of the Year season fully ramps up. But before we get to the rest of the games, I want to take a quick temp check.
Speaker 5: Nothing sexier than just clothing covering every inch of skin.
Speaker 2: Into that dan Some people really yes going on under there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn black lard, just dropping the acronyms that all all the Susio people out there, all of you just perked up after hearing Backlar mentioned that you're at work chat seems and chat. I want to take quick temp check. I know that there is a couple more games coming out, and the Horizon Metrod Prime four, of course, But where are we at with our feeling of completion and progress towards the end of the years. There's like a loose thread y'all are hoping to tie up before we get to deliberations.
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good.
Speaker 6: I am beginning to feel like I should try Kingdom Come Deliverance to at least a little bit back to that. Yeah, maybe I'll do that. Like I have a start of tactics, and I feel bad about that. I don't you know, it is still a remaster Reslas remake thing. I don't know if it's going to be like in my top five, no matter how much I like it, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yo, kind of the thing last night. I'm near the end of that, I think, so I definitely I like the story. I don't want to see how it winds up. So it's going to be high on my list as well, so I definitely need to finish it. But yeah, there are certain ones, like it's been nice when it's like certain ones that I don't feel the pressure to play, where it's like I feel like outer worlds. You know, I was gonna I like the first one a lot. I played through it, and I probably will play through to at some point, but that was one where I kind of like, all right, what I'm hearing about this game. I don't think there's any chance it's gonna crack my top ten. So I put that one on the shelf, Gonna focus on Yota. You know, well, Metroid won't be in contention for this year, so Yota is my big one and I'll beat that soon.
Speaker 1: And do you think some of us should try to finish Death Stranding too?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yes, I mean that's a good game right away, but I think it's a lot of stuff that happens near the end is the stuff that I'm like, oh my god, this is just like some real peak Kajima stuff going on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The ending is fantastic, so a lot, a lot better than than the ending of the first one. I mean, that game is just better in every way than the first one. But I love the last four or five hours that game more than any other part of it.
Speaker 1: With the total clock time on that one.
Speaker 3: Fuck, I mean big on fuck. I played thirty hours in Japan and that was just the first like TV or what was the first third first? No, I would guess fifty hours.
Speaker 2: Oh that then.
Speaker 1: Were you like gallivanting at all, doing like side stuff or I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't running stuff?
Speaker 3: I definitely I wasn't somewhere in between. I definitely wasn't rushing it, but I wasn't one hundred percent of it. I was just doing this. I was just playing it at a natural pace.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ten from you person in chat? What yah? How long they talked about the like around on hundred hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll tell you what. I'll cancel my Disney vacation and play Death Training two.
Speaker 5: And I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Wait, Mike, you're going to Disney on vacation. Yeah, it's crazy. Also that thirty five is doable forty okay? Yeah, broh, I know Bred.
Speaker 1: And Vinnie are mentally ill with the amount of time.
Speaker 2: Doing their thing. Yeah, they were doing the band and anything, all right.
Speaker 4: I really do want to play it just because, like I'm thinking about O D, which has nothing well maybe nothing to do with death Stranding but I just I don't know. I want to go I don't I just want to give this freak a chance.
Speaker 1: It's sure.
Speaker 5: The ending is so fun.
Speaker 3: It's just like the first one was just opaque and ponderous. Yeah, making any goddamn sense this one, of course, it doesn't make any goddamn sense.
Speaker 1: But it's fun, you know, Okay, fun wackiness.
Speaker 4: Fun in the way that like it's a game that is fun to play where I do not have a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 5: You're looking at and and everything.
Speaker 3: Near the end, it's just like, oh man, we're they were just having a fun time making this thing.
Speaker 4: I bounced off Death Stranding one because I was just mostly bold. Yeah, I was like, I got so many better things to be doing with my time here, and I feel like the opposite is true, not just in quality of life improvements, fidelity improvements, but also fun improvements. So wait, so you're saying you were finding improvements in two. That's what I've been told I've not touched to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the stuff you're getting, like the coffin board and stuff really makes a lot of that stuff at.
Speaker 5: The end when you're like going a coffin.
Speaker 3: It's a snowboard with a coffin. It is a coffin that is a snowboard, and like when you're going over these snowy mountains near the end, you're just it's just a snowboarding game.
Speaker 5: At points, it's why am I any great that?
Speaker 1: Why has no one ever thought of that before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know I was corpses in it too.
Speaker 2: When you hear the term coffin board?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you heard of the game Gungrave back? Yeah? All right, well look, I don't know. Maybe I'm gonna try and touch this. I'm gonna try and touch it. I'm just talking.
Speaker 4: I'm touching things now. I'm touching games. More specifically, I'm touching a few games. So we'll get we'll get some touches.
Speaker 2: It's coded in the goat sauce exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, uh the god, I hope y'all didn't come coded in the goat sauce.
Speaker 2: And then you could just.
Speaker 1: Check it out and stuff. You check it out normal styles. But Dan and Mike y'all have checked out and messed around a little bit with the analog three D.
Speaker 3: We all kind of messed around with it a little bit at over Extra Life which Sean really leading the pack with teaching us some like Mario sixty four speed run skips and stuff like that, and teaching us all how to clip through walls.
Speaker 1: And he's coated in the goat sauce, right, Yeah it's weak, yeah listening. Yeah, Yeah, that thing is great.
Speaker 5: It's really really cool.
Speaker 3: Like I think it is great if you are not like, look, I don't think any of us on this caller, you know, mister Digital Foundry or anything like that. We just like to play or sixty four games on a on a big TV with no input leg and that's what this is doing.
Speaker 1: It's just making it.
Speaker 3: Really sleek like the actual like hardware itself, like from the controller to the console itself, it's really just like it's it's shorter than the N sixty four, but it's got all the same kind of form factor going on. And uh, the input lack thing grub and shown you were noticing a little bit via the Bluetooth like.
Speaker 1: The new controllers, the wireless controllers.
Speaker 3: But we also had to be fair eight million things going on in that room at the time for action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was you know that it happens over distance too, so that we were sitting pretty far away from it that will happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but luckily, I mean, it's also has the ports upfront where you can just plug in an original sixty four controller and it's just like immediately fixes any kind of issue with input lag. But I am finding, like I played some last night and everything and I am not noticing and put lag with it. But you know, everyone kind of notices that at different levels. But it's so cool that like you can do hot keys on the controller to switch between like the PVM CVM CRT scan lines and then just like the clean look the new controllers you can just do it with the like dedicated analog button and the depad, but they also have hot keys you can do with the like original sixty four controllers. Okay, I think it's like Z and start or something with the deep pad or something along those lines. So in game you can you don't have to like back out to a menu or anything to switch between all these different modes. And then if you want to go deep on this stuff, like you know, Sean was really going in there and tweaking, like Okay, I'm going to turn on dee blur, but turn off anti aliasing and then you can also you can just force the original hardware to make it exactly as intended. And then he was doing things to like make it look like a PlayStation game. Basically it's not harsh changes to the way it looks, but like it.
Speaker 2: It's noticeable though it is a little freak.
Speaker 3: Oh he was, you know, of course, yeah, And you can buy game settings where it's like, okay, so for with tur Rok, I like to have these things set to this level. But with Mario sixty four, I just forced the original hardware. You can turn on and off the expansion pack things like that. You can with a hot key switch between rumble pack and Controller pack, things like that. Lots of cool little like UI things where it's like if you put a cart in there, it will add it to your library, which is kind of your main screen. So like right now, I look at the top and I see Golden Eye, Star Fox, Rest of Many two thousand and Mario sixty four, and you can just kind of go between them see your playtime and all that stuff on it. And so as you add games, it kind of fills out that library. You do need to put the card in each time it's supposed to work with things like you know, there's there's those.
Speaker 1: Cards out there that like ever drive. Yeah well yeah, yeah, so like the ever Drive.
Speaker 3: I have the X seven and I put that in and it popped up on the library is like unknown cartridge. I was not able to launch it. It sounds to me like I was talking with Analog about this, and it sounds like a thing that would need to be like compatibility. It's on ever drive basically where they would have to like do some sort of update to make that work. I did hear about summer cards, so I should have a summer cart arriving like today or something, because I want to test that on there, because I would love to have just an ease of use cart that I can like a you know, multi cart thing and not have to swap them out every time.
Speaker 1: But of course it is it is supposed to work with those.
Speaker 3: Some of those might need updates or something, but right now I'm just using actual original cards.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they eventually released jail breaks for these things where you can just load off an SD card, but that that usually comes later and sometimes there's a pretty big delay. So don't get this thing with that in mind, right, away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even stuff like they pocket didn't it take. It took months, if not longer, for like the actual.
Speaker 2: Like the open FPGA stuff. Yeah, right, I remember, because before that they had they had the Game Boy Player stuff where it's like you could the game Boy Studio stuff maybe maybe days where it's like you can make your own games. People are like, well, what if I just took this game and put it inside one of those shelves and so you could boot up stuff from there, and then that was a work around until the open FPGA stuff happened. Okay, it'll take some time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're ching that people.
Speaker 4: Are you using an N sixty four controller.
Speaker 5: I've been using the new the eight do ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they are. I think they're great runners somewhere. Yeah, those started coming out like a year ago or those. Yeah, they feel great. Yeah, just that kind of standard form factor. But the buttons and the sticks and everything feel very much like right, yeah, like if you close your eyes, it basically feels exactly like the buttons outside of the weird pitchfork.
Speaker 6: And like I tried it with like because like when I when I was using mine, I did first I did no Mercy, which is a Dpad game that I did Chameleon twice, which is an analog game, and like both of them just felt very good, very natural. But yeah, like this thing is just so easy to use. Like I have a retro tink and I love that, and it is a way for me to play Nintien sixty four on one or displays. There's like there's a lot of options in there, and then a lot of them I don't understand, so I, you know, every time, I'm kind of going on Google and just finding out what I'm supposed to do with this, And it was much easier to just kind of plug and play basically, and there are those options to dive into if you want to be a sicko about it, you can't do some some some neat things. But it really is just like this is just a modern Nintendo sixty four and it just kind of works like that and it's super easy to use, and you know, do you put lack thing for me? Like I wasn't noticing it in any real way when I was playing just in my living room with a Bluetooth controller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're close enough, you're not gonna in like like Sean sa and chat. It's like it's dropped inputs and that happens across every device. ND Bluetooth if you're far enough away. M hmmm, act.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, could just also use a normal controller. So I think it's super neat ice. I'm super into and it's just it was just kind of about to me just be in my living room on this big TV playing you know, Chameleon Twists, right.
Speaker 4: So that's what So yeah, that's my next question, Mikey what what what sixty four games are you actually playing? Because I think that console probably I have the largest blinders on that console, and I have a new gadget here that I've loaded up with some games and I just sort of sort of scroll through them all and I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Eh, Superman, it's funny.
Speaker 6: I've been looking at reviews for this, and I'm like a little amused by how many like the what negative point they have.
Speaker 2: Is like I don't like these the tell sixty four games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not trying to hate.
Speaker 4: I just feel like there's a reason maybe I never had one of these things.
Speaker 5: There's just different types of people out there, aren't.
Speaker 2: They, you know, Like, I mean, it was the console to have if you had friends at the time. I played so much multiplayer stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of Mario Kars, Mario Car, Mario Party, Golden Wrestling games.
Speaker 6: You know you want, like you're gonna want, you know, Wave Race sixty four like Unity, which are like really good and aren't actually improved the upawn in like any future games really like with an Aka time, like I should play the remake and Wlavery sixty four. You just actually want that. There's stuff like Rogue Squadron, Epsi one Racer is a ton of fun, even Battle for a Naboo, Right, let's have a battle on Naboo. Weird things like space Station, Silicon Valley and Body Harvest, which are kind of strange, sort of more open kind of games, like Last Coors was a super fun one, like even like like weird relics of like that incredible rare era like Jet Force Gemini they made a third person sci.
Speaker 3: Fi ship with racing Chap brings up best version of Blitz. I agree that first Blitz on sixty four is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Squadron there's playing Yeah.
Speaker 4: There sounds like there's twos and threes of games. I should really check it out.
Speaker 2: We don't play glovery. You gotta love the glove.
Speaker 5: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: We've looked back at that and it turns out you do not. In fact, I have to love the glove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 1: I also have blinders for the N sixty four because my mom didn't like how the controller looked, so she was like, you're not going.
Speaker 2: To get it. Does have a penis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really was like controller bias.
Speaker 5: I mean, some people were weird about the sixty four controller.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of the best ever, if it's a top three controller ever.
Speaker 1: I remember back in the s FGB office, Ben Pack and I just had a chill kick back, let's stream on the ground N sixty four stream and Ben was appalled at how I was holding the N sixty four content style.
Speaker 3: You did on the D pad side with your left hand. That's venice because then you reach me thumb. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I yah.
Speaker 5: That goes completely against why they made the controller that way.
Speaker 2: You guys just got to hold the third get to hold the numbing down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I hold the numb in with my left hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me get.
Speaker 5: There, get your hand, get your left hand up in there, and then the right is cradling.
Speaker 1: The right there. I just yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: I think it's to point out like, and I know everyone talks about this, but when that thing came out, it was very unclear, right Like, it was just very unclear of like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: I had I remember seeing diagrams of them explain it and as k't being like this, I've downloaded this and this will make sense for the rest of my life and it still does. But yeah, if you didn't see them, where were diagram on?
Speaker 1: What? The Internet only.
Speaker 3: One context in which you grip it on both ends, and that is if you're playing a wrestling that is a.
Speaker 2: Trilogy.
Speaker 1: No, you play the PlayStations that even a lot of times.
Speaker 6: No, you play times much better.
Speaker 2: Six Facebuns right there?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, Well, thank you gentlemen for teaching me how to get all up in there about it. Uh, some of you got all up in the Kirby air Riders test during Extra Life and all the videos have seen about this game, and like the test, I don't understand. Can y'all help explain it to me?
Speaker 2: Please? I played it and I don't understand it. No, we did City Trials online because that was the one online mode. I then played it later. I did the racing stuff later. We'll talk about that too. But the City Trials is like one of those features that people as kids really loved. They brought it back. There is a couple of rounds to this where it's like you go around a city and you're picking up power ups. Some of them are passive, some of them give you the abilities to like attack people. The passive abilities like build up your stats that you then take into like you go like there's a moment where the game's like, okay, you everyone's collected all their stuff. Now choose which minigame you want to do. And it's not like you're voting for the entire lobby. It's like, no, you have a certain level of stats. You should choose the minigame you that best fits your stats, and then you'll go in there with other people who chose that mini game. And if someone were to say, choose a minigame by themselves, they would just go in there, buy themselves and automatically win. So strain out of the box. But it was so chaotic and so like just NonStop overwhelming that eventually I kind of came around to it because it's like it's going for it. They don't care. They just want to blitz your brain with input and uh and yeah. And then the mini games are stuff like hey, drop through these rings and try to get the most points possible. It's it's like pretty simple stuff. The racing and this is like one of the best looking games I've seen on the switch to it, Like it's got like style visual like a fidelity is just up there. The courses just have so much going on and they look fantastic. I still don't know if I love the way the racing works, but I was starting to get it, and I was enjoying myself, Like I know you did some of the racing too, and yeah like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, city trials kind of seems like nonsense to me, Like I think we all did, like uh, and maybe I would understand it more if I mess around. Maybe this not satorials, but it just kind of it did It seem a bit like I'm just kind of flailing around, right, It seems like a flailing around experience. But when I was just doing the normal races, I was having a lot of fun with that. Like you said, the tracks themselves are just very pretty. I don't have too much trouble grocking the control system here, which I think is a hurdle for some people. But basically you're always going and you use that one button as sort of your break in your drift and some others. Yeah, So basically, just like you know, when there's a turn, you hold that thing down, so you start kind of drifting into it and you turn into the drift and then you release and you get a speed boost and you start going again.
Speaker 2: That's largely what you're You never drifts as much as I think it's going to, and then that might be because I was choosing the wrong machine. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The carts are The carts do vary a good bit. It's one of the things like when you're starting out, maybe just use that normy star cart to kind of get the hang of it to begin with. But yeah, I mean I was, I was having fun doing that, And there are things like there's power ups. When you get that, you'll get abilities that you can attack some of the other players with and whatnot. Though it doesn't seem quite as offensive slash item heavy as say am Ario Kart. Maybe again, it's hard to grock the entire thing just from that little play test, but it seems like it could be fun. I'm still pretty shock they made this game right, because it seems like this is going to be just as divisive as Herby air Rider was at the time, which was like a game that, like was, did not review very well, but just has people who do.
Speaker 2: Really like it.
Speaker 6: I bet a similar thing is going to happen this time around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, types of characters I should expect from Kirby A Riders. You got your Kirby's, you got your King in this.
Speaker 2: You got you got your band Dan at Wattle D's, you got your Wattle Dues, you got.
Speaker 1: This is just this is the Joe dirt sequence. That's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: Goods.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Gooey the second player from Kirby's Dreamland three, Gooey Gooey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm making sure that this is just a knockoff slime. What the fuck are you? Shut the hell up. We respect Kirby's friend. Gooey and I played this doing his tongue, was just doing all kinds of things, capturing all kinds of power ups. It was very impressive.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I just see an image that says Gooey is here and this little freak has his tongue out.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a good idea to make an entire video game the boat in the tunnel sequence from Willy Wonka. It seems like that's a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Oh when you phrase it like that, I'm all in now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes me want more.
Speaker 6: That is kind of a good description of this game. That should just be one of the music tracks.
Speaker 1: And I just think, like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, they all got off that boat quite ill, and maybe too much of a good thing turns out to be a bad thing, is all I'm gonna say, because that's what this game feels like.
Speaker 1: I think I saw there's a hamster in this game as well.
Speaker 2: There was a player in Kirby and Kirby.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you can play this, And I don't remember that fucking hamster's name. He's one of the animal Kirby's Rick.
Speaker 2: Rick. That's name is just never remember that. He was crazy. Stepdad named what the hell? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Shouts out to Rick.
Speaker 2: They was just fucking Rick. I guess with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, play is Rick?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, I guess I am all the way back on board.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this is Kirby a Writers supposed to come out this year days two days time on the twentieth. Oh boy, all right, real quick.
Speaker 3: I didn't put it on the sheet, but mean, Kayla did try to start the Black Ops seven campaign. I don't know what the fun's going on with that, but that feels bad immediately, and I just have a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: Four player co op online, so we were able to do to it.
Speaker 5: Is it is? Yes, yes it is. And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's the thing where like me and Kayla were playing two player and we just saw each other, but then it would do these cut scenes in the UC.
Speaker 1: For like who the fuck are those people?
Speaker 5: Maybe they were running around.
Speaker 3: It just all feels like like like trashed zombie DLC. You know, it's like they're always online things where you.
Speaker 2: Might be onto something Dan. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It just feels like really weirdly thrown together. And there's like mechanics and stuff in it, and like you know, like Diablo loot type colors and stuff in a Call of Duty campaign, but none of the system seemed really fleshed out anyway. It all just kind of like ran weird and looked weird. And like Tonally, I like the idea of Call of Duty campaigns getting weird and like kind of supernatural.
Speaker 5: That did some of that and.
Speaker 3: Six and I liked it, But this just feels like something that was on the cutting room floor or something.
Speaker 2: It's I think, I think that's exactly what it has to be, because I'm like, this is like these are the you know, expansions, but the full games versions of these where it's like Black Ops seven right after Black Ops six, and it's like there's no way that they had all this stuff ready to go. It's like this is just stuff they cut and scraped together and threw back out there for you. I want to try it. I need to try it.
Speaker 3: I like Call of Dutey campaigns. I realized it's just kind of the same type. It's just very comfort food, like oh, big dumb action set piece.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: I like playing them all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think has.
Speaker 2: Anyone else here played the majority of them.
Speaker 3: I've dipped into the campaign I didn't do like Vanguardland when they went back to World War Two for a second, like Vanguarden stuff.
Speaker 5: I didn't do those, but I think the rest of them did all that.
Speaker 2: Could you do like a quick like Mount rushmore of campaigns.
Speaker 3: I'd say Call of Duty four the first modern warfare probably number one for me. I really did like last year's I thought Black Ops six, Black Ops two, Modern Warfare two first time around.
Speaker 5: Those are advanced warfare.
Speaker 2: Press have to pay respects. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Actually kind of liked the advanced warfare.
Speaker 2: Is that the one with Kit Harrington.
Speaker 3: No, that's Kevin Spacey. Kit Harrington was infinite warfare. The Space which was also the Space one was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, this one sucks.
Speaker 1: Folks curious about more Call of Duty Black Ops seven. We did play it for a bit on UPF last week. Also, friend of the site Lex Luddy has a very very scathing review of it on restart. I did see that. Yeah, I believe one out of five. Uh, go go read that. I'm not the biggest fan of Call of Duty, but it is very interesting to see the decisions made to this game. And Mike you had a very interesting uh post on Blue Sky that made me.
Speaker 6: This is the game that they're like, we're gonna use generative AI for some of our art assets. The game that makes the most some of the most unearned billions of dollars every single year, supported by a literal trillion dollar company. I had to get art from my computer case, and I paid a fucking artist to do it me by myself, your fucking Microsoft owned call of duty. Pay people to make your stupid little banners that people on lock at like APEX Prestige level nine to two or whatever the hell holy fuck is wrong with you.
Speaker 3: And they look like it's the Ghibli stuff, but then also like the Prestige icons and stuff like that, or just just like super overdesigned, ugly slop like it's terrible.
Speaker 10: It's fucking any reuse those from any of the other games, right right, that would be better. Yeah, yeah, they got an artist to draw those weed leaves.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if.
Speaker 6: You were getting like videgans have used AI for a long time, like what what, people just freak out Like there's clearly not a difference between using AI to like randomly generate trees if you just steal the studio Ghibli art style to make shitty art assets. Everybody understands the difference. You're not smart, You're not like, you're not you're not you're not finding some like interesting even ground. I don't go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't understand. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well going from a very.
Speaker 2: Wait we did play the multiplayer? Uh? Were you guys moved by that at all? I guess it was me and Bechler, right, Beckler? Did you enjoy that? What you're mister call of Duty? That's what they call you on the streets.
Speaker 1: That is my name.
Speaker 4: I got it in college and I hold it to this day. I think I think it's fine. I mean, I don't know. I've yet to like really uh, you know, explore with the normy friends and sort of see what they're feeling. That's usually the barometer.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 4: It's like, where are they landing on this thing? I you know, it's just so unremarkable, I think, yes.
Speaker 1: Uh, And for me.
Speaker 4: That if there is something there, if there is some you know, kind of like magic, that usually will make itself, you know, known in the first couple hours of multiplayer, I've not kind of seen that yet, and I just don't know if it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I liked that they were using some maps that I'm familiar. Yeah, but if that's what I'm excited about it, that's probably a bad sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Caitly and I played like one round and we were planning like, oh, let's download this and you can play on the portal and I'll play on the TV.
Speaker 5: We'll go through the campaign.
Speaker 3: And then the campaign didn't move us, and it's like, okay, let's let's just multiplayer.
Speaker 1: Multiplayer is always good.
Speaker 3: We did like one round and then we like looked at each other and we're like, let's go back to Simpsons Fortnite. And we played like six hours of Simpsons Fortnite. That was the way better. Yes, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, if the campaign is for players, maybe it's time for the compadres to write again.
Speaker 3: We figured out Mike was the problem Me and do great with Absolom. We're a team, Mike can't.
Speaker 2: You're throwing.
Speaker 6: Options in Absolom are incredibly limited. Dan, you just have to literally start throwing.
Speaker 5: I think we're a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a team, all of us, and that includes and Roger uh folks. I was seeking out a game to emotionally devastate me. Over the weekend, I was able to catch up on a bunch of stuff, Like I mentioned, play through Snoby. I'm a savant at or an adept at absolom as Mikey said, and I wanted something like Mouthwashing from last year to absolutely wreck my insides because I need to feel something. And I hit up Blue Sky and this was a top recommendation and Roger it's about like forty minutes to an hour. It is a very small game, lovingly made by real people. No detection of AI at all, and Gang, I don't think I have felt the level of dread and horror that happens in like the first twenty minutes of this game. And it is done like masterfully, and it is definitely a game that I beat it last night and I'm still thinking about it. In how it is the messaging and the imagery is just kind of sticky. The gameplay in it. You would think if it is like a very storage driven game, it would be fairly light, but they really mess with like game mechanics in a nice way. Where initially you were just kind of hitting buttons or hitting a button to progress through of like okay, well, now you gotta like make sure you're moving from point A to point B stealthily you're avoiding someone's eyesight. And then that happens, but then it quickly becomes very apparent, and I don't want to spoil anything for the game, but it becomes quickly apparent that everything is not quite as it seems, whether you as a player, a character, or the other character interacting with And then that just adds up to the tension. So now suddenly that one button is no longer just one button, but it's now a mess of buttons on your screen, and you're panically trying to get through the sequence, and you're just mashing on all of the buns to finally find the one that it is to open a door.
Speaker 2: Similar to.
Speaker 1: Dan what was the eating disorder? Consume Me? Consume Me? Similar to Consume Me, This uses a bunch of like Little War Hellwear style mini games to get through the storytelling sequence. And the ups and downs are very dramatic in this. And if anyone has ever been very emotional watching the opening sequence to the Pixar movie Up that is, imagine that stretched out into a sequence close to an hour and emotionally devastating and and and rex you, I will say, if you are at all sensitive to any any content regarding like adult relations, physical relations, or perhaps dealing with elderly family members, maybe I wouldn't say steer clear. I would say tiptoe and approach with caution because as someone that I can't say is going through similar things or has gone through similar things, this still hits me on a very personal level that I highly recommend and thanks to everyone that recommended and Roger. Again, it's like five bucks on Steam, it's forty minutes to an hour. Also, the art style is beautiful. In the moments when the game is kind of in like a positive upswing, you can't help but smile and be happy about it. And then the way that they pull the rug from underneath you, not just once but several times, I think is a masterful achievement. And just like Despolote and other games from this year, it just really shows that indie games are really proving video games as a fantastic medium for telling stories. Which is just so funny to hear about the AI slop and how much call of duty it's just become a titan that's tripping on it on its own tail versus a small game like and Roger that is just two people. And this is a game that I feel like will stick with me, just like Mouthwashing is stuck with me. Versus Call of Duty where I'll just fucking forget about it and remember like, oh me alvent to megla, he was in that one right here, but man and Roger looks at home and Roger, I don't. I think it is only on PC, so.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is one of those games that also runs into MAC. So hey, if you got a Mac out there, go go get it.
Speaker 2: I like to look. It's got that like that strongly two bit style of like you know, two colors and a lot of situations and very stylized. And then it's like, is the does the girl? I don't know if I'd be able to handle this? Is the girl going to feel isolated alone? I just can't do that with kids stuff right now. It's uh too much so that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about it from like a fatherly aspect, grub, don't do this, don't don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this might be one I have to wait on a couple of years to.
Speaker 1: See, uh, you know, thinking about it, how you would approach this game? Avoid this like the play I think this one was good. Was a person, it looks like it would hurt actually Okay, yeah, it's very quick. Dan like and uh yeah, yeah. Again it deals with some heavy stuff at the tippy top, but it gets contextualized and that's not justifying it, but it is Oh boy, oh boy, one of those.
Speaker 3: Friends between the mouthwashing you mentioned Dan consume me. Those are two that you know, I don't know. I'd call them similar based on what you're describing, but like I was surprised by Like, you know, I'm usually mister like, oh, I don't care about narrative.
Speaker 1: Games don't affect me, but.
Speaker 3: Like those two were like, oh wait, actually I see what they're doing here, and this is this?
Speaker 1: Really I think I did, But there was just a lot of soccer stuff.
Speaker 3: That looks got his lines minus is soccer ball and I'm mad Redford Bee fans.
Speaker 1: That's right, we love the Bees. Yeah, I might try this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this game is published by Kodansha. I'm going to see if you guys gonna say coke Yeah, okay, yeah, uh you know, I I think I'll always have a soft spot for Bonanza just for that, no, yeah, just just.
Speaker 1: For unlocking that.
Speaker 5: We don't need to have deliberations, It's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking about Game of the Year, we we we have like a late contender hitting up the party and Jeff Backlar you saw it. You got to ride the bike with Samus No, I didn't. You were like holding onto her hips as she she took off her helmet and her hair was just riding through the.
Speaker 2: Wind bound to like Kanye and what's her name? Yeah, Kim Kardashian. Yeah, no, no bikes. And then you saw the Rick Morana's character. And then the internet exploded when they all also saw the Rick Morana's character. Crubb and back Lar, y'all did a quick look ex for the game last Friday. I highly suggest all folks at home go check that out. But that's right Prime four. You know we we did do that that quick look. So I'll let Mike, why don't you go ahead and ask your questions about Oh sure, Mike, is that what this is? Go for it. I don't. I don't even have questions. I know what's happening. There's a talkie. There's a talkie character.
Speaker 6: And he has a couple of quips in the beginning, and all I'm doing right now is hoping that he's not in it much.
Speaker 2: I uh.
Speaker 6: There are some people who are trying to spend like here's why it might actually be a good thing. It won't be a good thing. It is already a bad thing. It's like I don't want to hear like, well you will make Sama score.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: No, Sam's already as cool as can be. My question now is just what's what's the minimal damage done by this? Actually he does.
Speaker 4: Make her seem a bit cooler in moments where she says nothing and he.
Speaker 2: I liked I like the interactions. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that positive.
Speaker 2: The line for me was when he was when when you were playing the game and he was like, hey, you missed this, don't do that. I don't let me play Metroid.
Speaker 3: If it's a fucking head thing from God to War, that's a problem. But if it's just a lame character that shows up in a couple of early game cut scenes and the rest is just a Metroid Prime game, I can't see that being a big problem.
Speaker 2: I think he's kind of I think he's there to like soften the transition, to get people into a game like this in a way that they've not done before. So yeah, I think the lot people who play a lot of Metro games are not gonna like them, no matter.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know the proportionality of like how much these NPCs are in the game whatsoever. But what I do think is this proportion is the amount of like fucking discourse over it, as opposed to like, what's a goddamn who the fuck cares? Everyone's got to just grow the fuck up. Mike is extremely weak to metroid discourse. I have found between apparently I know, people were yelling about sand and then this character and Mike gets worth.
Speaker 2: For Mike to be.
Speaker 4: I think it's fair for what for your reaction during the trailer stuff, Mike, I thought, because you're coming from the same place was where it's just like, shut the fuck up nerds.
Speaker 6: Right now, I'm one of the loud. Now I'm one of the whining nerds.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're whining, but you're certainly like flirting with it.
Speaker 1: No, is he winging winging?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means, but sure he's a he's wingy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this, you know, I don't even think about that guy now. I also am probably the more of a normal video game player who is a big boy and has like other ship just going on, and I don't know, like time.
Speaker 2: That much.
Speaker 4: I loved what I play to that thing, and I told Grub on the on the quick, look like I'm thinking about this game a lot, like at the like the first time. I'm just like, man, I want this now, Like can I just like do it now? Like I'm special, let me have it now already. I'm trying to veruc assault my way into this ship.
Speaker 2: Game please, game please. I am like that.
Speaker 6: I think that like oh, no, turns out this is gonna be a bad game or anything, I'm still very excited and like a game looks very good.
Speaker 2: It looks very pretty. It's all the fun stuff.
Speaker 4: That's the one thing that I think is sort of under discussed because at least from the trailers, I was even sort of like, oh, it was a game just like Needs with a couple more you know, Hours in the Oven.
Speaker 1: Or something like that. But no, it.
Speaker 4: Looks so good, like so very good, Like oh my god, this looks phenomenal. And I was that for me, Like you know, I I do tend to maybe be disproportionately impressed by visuals. Sometimes this ship looks phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I like when doctor Ryan said, when we were talking about that character, he said, keep the same energy. If this guy does talk all game like ma Miror or Aloy and don't just give it an Intendo a passother Meou Mirror or Aloy, I will, I will.
Speaker 1: I just like, can you even imagine a world where that could be a thing. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really don't think that's gonna happen me.
Speaker 4: And look, I'll say Mamir did not bother me because I aren't kind of fucking like Momir. But like Aloi, yes, no one cares, you know, ALOI is just like all right enough, But uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I I also like have a feeling that like, I don't know, this is complete conjecture based on nothing but a but a gut feeling. I do feel like this guy just won't be around after you leave that world. Maybe you will have another person that's that fulfills the same sort of role.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but maybe like someone that checks in. Like, but you know, if you if you meet an NPC every now and then, my expectation that this guy is hanging around with you for the beginning kind of like a tutorial person, and then he either fucking dies or you see him every once in a while after that and maybe you see some other people. Don't think there's gonna be that many npcsaollowing you around.
Speaker 4: I also, I also don't think it really does a lot in the way of like compromising the isolation and you know perversion that everyone has with Metroid. I get it, that's what metroid is, but I not once was I just like, well, this is a whole different game now, and I it's it's certainly, you know, easy to kind of like you know, a mesh back in and realize like, oh, you're you are in a weird place. You are a stranger and a strange land kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, the guy is the guy that I'm looking at the video we put up. It's the guy this Galactic Federation.
Speaker 1: He's got like a goggle helmet on.
Speaker 3: He just looks like Carmine from Gears, right, like just like a weird helmet, And that's the guy.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like the Auto bought Bumblebee.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's yeah, it's probably that dude has.
Speaker 2: Helmet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I do like, oh I do get.
Speaker 6: Actually see his face and it really does look like Rick moranis right, Liker.
Speaker 4: It is voiced by everyone knows this to be true.
Speaker 2: Honey, I shrucked the samus I do. I Like, I see a lot of people and like equips like MCU, and it's like, okay, I mean like I just wasn't feeling that way when I was playing, Like some of them are like a little bit like cute, but it like, first of all, people need to find another thing to compare stuff to than just the MCU. Like it's like it's not everything is exactly like four hundred movies.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, people, but that does describe a very certain type of snark that is just absolute kryptonite to certain people like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's like wheed and esque as well, Like there's but there's variations on it. I just like, this was not hitting me in that way. Necessarily there are out of context those lines look exactly like that, So I get why people are drawing the one to one line. But when I was watching it, its just I was not feeling that way, and I was in there watching the gameplay that back I was showing me, So I don't know, it's a little bit more subtle than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like when he showed up during my during the preview, I was just like, oh, wow, this is not a thing I've seen, you know, and I'm you know, and that's kind of where it ended. I get it. My tolerance is much more.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, but I want Metroit Prime one. That's what I want. And when I come to this and i'm and i'm and I'm watching you play, I know how I felt, And I felt like this game looks good. This character is is worrying me when he does this one specific thing of telling you, like, hey, you miss something. If that continues, I'll hate him. And if that doesn't, everything else was fine. And that's just how I felt about it. Like I'm not going to pretend to be upset like the way everyone else is, just because everyone else. So like, this is what I got for you and I we're going to be playing this game in fucking two to three weeks, right, three weeks, so.
Speaker 6: That two weeks in two days really, so just.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, go to another hobby until then, and then let's play the game and find out. Yeah, maybe that's the solution to this. I like that, Oh they're not going to do that, grub. I know everyone's got to piss their pants about everything I know.
Speaker 1: Don't sit in the piss change change the pants. Uh, folks, We're gonna take a quick bricky break so you at home can go change your peepee pants or visit the toilet and get all the goat sauce off of you.
Speaker 2: Olks.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with the news right after this. A little break word from our friends a Dago deals.
Speaker 2: Jan, you taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to. I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 2: Stop. You don't have to live this way, because now there's.
Speaker 1: Deco Deals the double D.
Speaker 2: That's right, Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 1: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that. Deco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete Collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals. Right now, I.
Speaker 2: Also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 2: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 1: Learn more at Deco deals dot com slash giant.
Speaker 7: Bomb oo which grub Hi, everybody, I have news.
Speaker 2: Uh, Hey, the gam Awards Game of the Year nominees are announced and I mostly don't care, but hey, we'll talk about the Game of the Year nominees at the very least. And I guess if you guys noticed something else, you can bring it up. I'm not gonna Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three, Death Stranding, To on the Beach, Donkey Kong, Bananza, Hades to Hollow Night's Silk Song, and Kingdom Come Deliverance Too looks about right to me. I could see all these games got there. I wish Blueprints was on there, but too early in the year to kind of stand up to the likes of Hades two and Hollow Night's Silksong the kind of games that would take its slot.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I've heard stuff and rumblings people talk about all of these games post launch except Death Stranding two, and I know that like we live in a bubble where like, you know, Dan's very into Kojima, and I've been curious to circle back to Death Stranding too, but I haven't seen much buzz around it since the initial like week month it came out, so I'm surprised to see it nominated here.
Speaker 2: Now. I listened to the Next Litter podcast where that's the only game they talk about, so it's yeah, Death Randy two is kind of all they've talked about for like the last month and a half.
Speaker 3: Because it was like that I was working with them when they were playing Death Stranding one, and that was when I was fully like I dropped out ever seven hours and like they were continuing and like it kind of seemed like they hated it, but they kept playing it. So interesting to hear that they're into it now. Yeah, I guess that would be too, but yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean the game has a ninety eight average score still, right, so I think it you know, a lot of people did like it.
Speaker 2: I think there's also a little there's no way, right ninety ninety eight you said ninety eight, you said no, I'm sorry. I meant I even read ninety when I said it. I don't know, sorry, yeah, ninety So you know, yes, I mean, I'm not too surprise.
Speaker 6: Bus there's a little bit of a Coajima association with Game Awards factor. I don't know, not that there's a funny going on, but just think, you.
Speaker 3: Know, speaking of mind, I was kind of surprised because boy, how do you do the game Awards Love Joseph Faris and Split Fiction did not go that one.
Speaker 6: That one, Yeah, that's interesting. I think it's just because that game also got very good reviews. It was relatively early in the year, and I think there's a little bit of a that was great, very similar to the last one that we thought was great and gave a big award to.
Speaker 1: Right, So I should say the same thing about Death Training too, right, Like, ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. Test Training two is like improved in all ways by all accounts. It also has doll Man. You know what it has doll Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, uh for sure, Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Blueprints. I'm not shocked it's not here. It seems like all these games are deserving. I have a played keen of cun Deliverance to you, Like I said, maybe I should try that out. Seems like a lot of people do like it quite a bit. I'm still pretty sure Exhision thirty three is a pretty safe choice to win.
Speaker 2: It was the most nominated game with twelve nominations, right, I mean that's the most nominated game ever at the Game Awards. So yeah, it seems like it's a favorite in a lot of ways. You know, surprises could happen.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize a thing holding Blueprints back was the lack of localization to other languages.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know, this stuff is very global, right, That's why even though like in the US, it seems like Black Myth Wukong wasn't that big a deal it you know, everywhere else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everywhere.
Speaker 6: It was nominated for a bunch of stuff last year, a Kikom Deliverance too. I think it does very well internationally as well, right, So yes, i'd imagine that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't all these games look very good. I need I'm seeing this is the thing was like, oh, maybe I should go back to Kingdom. Kingdom come Deliverance too. It's been some time with that more.
Speaker 6: What's helping, especially in thirty three, with that record is that it has three people in the Best Performance category.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, it kind of dominated that category and kind of pushed everything else out, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: I will the only I mean I cared about a couple of the categories like Best Mobile Game, Uma Moose, We Ride at Dawn, Everybody there you go. But I was happy to see the voice actress from Silent Hill f also nominated for Best Actor, Actress or Voiceover Performance, along with all of Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know there's assume thing's worth calling out. There was that Mike two point Museum for Best sim Let's go. Yeah, that's about to hear that. What's it up against? Ah? I have to look again.
Speaker 6: I mean it helps that like some of the other heavy hitters came out maybe a little late to really get in on this, like Anno and that you Europe by Universalis. I think that's going to to benefit the I mean, you know, it's like Civilization seven, which everybody hates, but me.
Speaker 2: So oh my god, samh uh, all right, well let's keep going here. Fired SNATICA two lead leads allege that Crafton CEO asked chat GPT how to get out of paying their two hundred and fifty million dollar bonus. The co founders of Unknown Worlds, the studio developing Semonautica two, have been fired by publisher Crafton. The founders allege in a pre trial brief that Crafton CEO C. H. Kim fired them and delayed the game's early access release to avoid paying a two hundred and fifty million dollar earning bonus or earnout bonus. The brief claims Crafton's finance department had forecasted a one hundred and ninety one million dollar earnout and that Kim feared the payment would endanger his position. Basically, he was like worried that he would look like a pushover if he paid too much for the studio that made them a lot of money. So he went to chat GBT and was like, how can I not look like such a shlub. I need to look like a ruthless leader, and I guess chat Gibt was like, delay the games so you don't have to pay the bonus, and he did that. Crafton denies the claims, stating the founders showed little interest in some Nautica two's development and the delay was necessary to improve the game, not to avoid the bonus. So Nataka two is now pushed back to twenty twenty six. I'll say, from what I've heard inside of that studio, that game was ready to go. This was you know, it has been alleged to me that this is explicitly about not paying that bonus. Wow. Yeah, that's that's a nightmare. That fucking sucks. This is but it's so frustrating because it's like, you know, not to like get too much on that, but like those Epstein emails, this is how rich people talk. This is like they're so fucking stupid. They're like they like can't spell, they don't finish their sentences. They're all all these rich, powerful people that control everything. Are just like, tell me what the two jat GVT. I don't want to look like a nerd to my rich friends. This is what we're dealing with.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of rich people and bad Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think Dan, I'm glad you said it. I'm glad you said it. Take a stand here. It's very frustrating. I that game will probably eventually come out, but man, is anyone that stud you're gonna have the morale to continue working on it? Yeah? I can't imagine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems like a Kurbel Space Kerbal Space Program two situation, right, like the sequel to the super acclaimed thing, and now there's like this other big company involved in publishing it, and uh, yeah.
Speaker 2: This doesn't really quite work this time. I don't know. Yep. I will see how that shakes out. Two hundred and twenty Rockstar North staff have signed a letter demanding their fired colleagues are immediately reinstated or should be immediately reinstated. More than two hundred current employees at Rockstar North have sent a letter to senior management demanding the immediate reinstatement of thirty one colleagues who were recently fired across the UK and Canada offices. Rockstar claims the employees were dismissed for quote gross misconduct related to leaking company secrets in a public forum. However, the Independent Workers' Union of Great Britain, the IWGB, allegis to firings were an act of victimization and collective dismissal linked to trade union activity, as the fired staff were part of a union channel and attempting to organize. That's the forum in which they were sharing information about their work, and they were not necessarily sharing details about who you're going to play as in GTA six or whatever or anything like that. They planned protest all the stuff, and now they continue to try to push back against Rockstar and Rockstars not doing a very good job of sort of avoiding the allegations here that they did this too, you shut down unionization. And again it's like, I wonder if they asked chat GPT what they should have done here, I would be surprised.
Speaker 1: Hey, I this isn't me trying to be a country. But I don't fucking care about GTA six. Yeah, I more so care about like the people that are working obscene hours and making sure that they have a life and everything. So it really sucks that rock Stars uh totally tried the union bust and they're trying to skirt around it. I would even say that maybe them announcing GTA six's delay is just trying to get uh past any of the union busting allegations. But I hopefully folks at the studio and people do not let them slide for this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's frustrating because sure they could maybe reinstate these people and mitigate the damage that has been done here. But this is a company that can withstand just about any amount of damage, Like they could pay like they lose a court case, which is just like this is likely to go to court. They could lose a court case and be ordered by a court to pay hundreds of millions of dollars and they could afford to do that. It probably won't be that much because Rockstar is going to have really good lawyers. They'll be able to keep that damn those damages down potentially, but who knows, or they might be able to run the clock out and settle. That's probably what they'll end up doing here and find a number that they're okay with and it won't hurt because this is they're talking about a game that will be an endless money printing factory, and they factor that into their decision making process. Here. It's just you know, you're right. All this for how I feel, I feel pretty similar with a jammer. It's like all this for grand theft Auto. It's just not worth it. Near director Yoko Taro assures players he's been working on projects, but they keep getting canceled. This is Near director Yoko Taro said during Gcon twenty twenty five, which is a conference, that he has been working on numerous projects in recent years, but none have been released because they keep getting canceled during development. He addressed comments from people wondering why he hasn't made a near sequel or why he seems inactive, explaining that while he gets paid for the work, the lack of release released output makes it appear as though he hasn't been working. Yokotaro stated that he doesn't mind the cancelations cancelations, preferring not to release a game that isn't up to his standards. This comes after a twenty twenty three event where he and near producer Yosuke Yo Yosuke Syto mentioned working on a non near project they hope to discuss in twenty twenty four, a discussion that never happened. Yeah, you know, we've heard like scoring its kind of like reorganizing stuff constantly and shuffling things up, and like, hey, we're not gonna worry about a lot of these other projects. We're just gonna worry about our core stuff. I wonder if if his game's got caught up in that. Yeah, yeah maybe.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, he had that mobile game thing. He didn't come out Voice of Cards or something that was a near game, right, that was near or near adjacent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never really quite understood what the heck that thing. Oh, the List of Cards was just like a card game. I don't think he was separating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, you know he was a director on that, so he was like, you know, working on on that thing. So yeah, maybe some other projects like look, I don't think any of these projects that were canceled where near Autumata too, Right, they would.
Speaker 2: Let that one go, you would think, Yeah, you would. They put a lot of effort into it, and they'd keep re releasing those games and uh investing in them. And it seems like that franchises at APEX, so you might you want to cash in on that. That's right.
Speaker 6: There's also Near Reincarnation.
Speaker 2: Was it was a near mobile game? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a couple of mobile things he's done since Near Tompton, which gosh was all the way back in twenty seventeen, near Automata. So yeah, maybe that's like the surprising thing is that we haven't really had the sequel. There was the Near one remake, Near Replicants, so you know there has been things happening. I think that's what this really is everybody is sort of wondering where Near Automata two is, and you know, I wonder if was to make that game. I mean I talked to him not that long after the first year of Tominson, Like, I was like, hey, do you feel pressure to like just make a kind of traditional sequel because this game is so big and I bet people are gonna just want more to be And he's like a hilariously unserious person, which makes him so fun.
Speaker 2: Like what he told me is like, yeah, I'll make a game of two b in it, but maybe she'll be a bug now I don't know. I'm like, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: So you know, part of me is like is they're like weird like pushback where like he doesn't necessarily want to make that game that's all Square Enix wants him to make, or things relatively chill, and again he's kind of being a bit goofy and unseerious about it. It's hard to get a total read on the situation. But I think he's fantastic, and I think he should be allowed to do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly, he should be kind of in a blank check scenario. He's kind of only raised his profile and his games are only doing better and better as time goes on, and he's been making games for a long time now, so yeah, I would kind of want to see what he can keep doing. Xbox announced a partner preview showcase for What Is It Thursday November twenty at ten am Pacific time one pm Eastern. They have mentioned specific titles here, including updates on Double O seven, First Light, Tides of Annihilation, and Reanimal. All games will be featured will also be Xbox Play Anywhere titles you buy them once to play them anywhere. Chersoft also has a big twenty twenty six in the works. Supposedly they should have Forts Horizon six, Gears of War, E Day, Halo Campaign Evolved, and maybe Fable if that's real. Still, so, they have their first party stuff happening over here. They have partner stuff happening with this show, and they did pretty well with partner stuff in twenty twenty five, I mean Expedition thirty three was a game Pass game, and there was several examples of a kind of similar big games beginning games Silk Song exactly, So they seem like they're trying to kind of maintain that going into next year. But do you guys have any expectations what could show up here? I suppose Double seven First Light's already kind of a big get, although we've seen that in a bunch of places now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I'm not sure what else exactly I am hoping for in terms of like partners stuff. Yeah, I kind of want to see some new exciting things. There will be nice if they had another expedition thirty three ready to go, not you know, literally a sequel, but this kind of like, oh, this game that looks kind of smaller, maybe we're not sure how it's going to be, and then it's a giant head in terms of be a big deal. I don't know if they have one of those, but hopefully they have some nice surprises.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I don't have any expectations for whatever fable cool, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I think for this partner showcase that they will probably continue to have some token support from Japanese publishers that they have been manufactured through like strong efforts to make that happen. Squarre Enix will probably be there, Sega will probably be there.
Speaker 1: Didn't We see a lot more of Metaphor through Xbox partner showcases than anyone else.
Speaker 2: Yes, Metaphor was like a strong partnership between that was saying great Sega and Xbox Sega an Xbox are They're still thicke thickest theeves. So yeah, I think we'll see them show up here as well.
Speaker 6: Maybe this is where we get Persona six mic Yeah, probably not maybe probably. I don't even if we see more Persona four whatever that's called. Maybe another yak is a spin off.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Okay, let's see here. More players in the UK, US, and Japan still prefer single player games to multiplayer Survey fines. A new survey from from Ampeer Analysis says that they talked to thirty four thousand players across twenty two markets and found a majority of players in the UK, Japan, and the United States that's fifty eight percent, sixty three percent, and sixty five percent respectively, still prefers single prefer single player games over multiplayer ones. Preference for single player games generally increase, with age, rising from forty nine percent among sixteen to twenty four year olds to sixty four percent for the Decrepit fifty five decision.
Speaker 4: Oh, decrepit is a fucking choice.
Speaker 2: And that's that's just, that's just where are outside of that demo? You're fine, exactly give us some time. Yeah, listen, once I'm there, it won't be decrepit, right, it'll be fresh. But chill, then it'll be the fresh fifty five. The findings to reaffirm the viability of single player games. Despite the market's focus on live service blah blah blah. Yeah, live service games, multiplayer games still tend to actually sell better, make more money. But I do think that these companies should always kind of keep in mind that there is like this solid foundational base of people who like single player games. Do you guys think that the trend of like, oh, older gamers prefer single player games, younger younger players don't. It's the kind of thing where it's like, oh, as those younger players become older, they will begin to prefer single player games, or they will just change the dynamics and or single player games will become less popular.
Speaker 3: You're probably playing the stuff you grew up with and have an affinity for, like you know, for a lot of you know, old any s and superintendent of single player games, and if I grew up with fucking roadblocks and Fortnite and the sports and stuff, but probably look, well, you know.
Speaker 1: I think I think may may be lost on us. Is that a lot of For a lot of these younger gamers, this is their form of communication with their friends, right, this is how they gather socially, especially like going through the pandemic roadblocks Fortnite to blow up.
Speaker 6: That's the upside then, so like as they become older and more insular and less social, right and grumpy, then that's when we get them. That's when that's when we'll get them.
Speaker 1: Once the sad we were talking during the break that like young young millennials and gen z are figuring out sit in a bar September because the apps aren't working. Sooner or later they won't be able to talk through roadblocks a Fortnite, so they're gonna have to go out to I don't know, a gym or a mess hall, a clarity center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids still play a lot of Minecraft, specifically that's still the big one. They try some other stuff here there, but Minecraft still number two.
Speaker 1: We're kids that do sit in a bar September.
Speaker 2: I listen, God, I would love that they need to get out of the house. God just go come, six year old. Fuck. I do like it was like a casual back matching, Like there is a chance like one day this will be the last time they like they ever play Minecraft or something like that, because they could just at any point, like lose their interest. That seems less and less likely as they like it's becoming more and more part of their personality. Uh So, yeah, I do think they are going to reach a point either where they put it away forever or Minecraft is with them forever and they just kind of are always going back to it. But I don't know, I'll see which way they break.
Speaker 1: I could see that with some trends with with gamers, where specifically on the single player part, where there's a whole generation of gamers younger than us and I believe younger than Sean even that grew up watching streamers play like single player games. So like there is a whole subset of this audience that is obsessed with stuff like Five Nights, right, Yeah, there's a reason why, like now they sell those while she's at target, why those movies do okay enough? So I'm interested to see where, like that subset of gamers that are younger a skew younger, if they are interested at all in staying up to date with like single player games, because I also don't see that audience translating into like the triple A single player experiences that like PlayStation would be presenting us a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna be interesting as these these dynamic shifts do happen or the Yeah, demographic shifts is what I'm trying to say. Demographic demographic shifts happen. And these companies are like already so risk averse, so when they try something and if things shift underneath them, I don't think they'll be like, oh, here's what we learned. The only thing they'll learn is we're afraid to make any kind of game, which is kind of just how I feel about like all those conversations we were having earlier about all these companies using chat shept to have conversations about how not to pay people and firing people who are trying to unionize, they just seem afraid of everything. So this little tidbit of information here, while it's certainly reassuring to me, like, oh, there's still a lot of people out there who are pretty similar to my style of playing games, I don't think that gets through to a lot of executives at these companies because they know that and they're like, well, yeah, we're already relying on you to buy our slop. Well, we don't care about you. We're looking for growth, and that happens elsewhere, and that's frustrating. Okay. Capcom says it's confident Resident Evil Requiem won't suffer from Monster Hunter's Wild's style PC performance issues. Capcom has stated it does not expect its upcoming game, Requiem, to have the same PC performance issues as Wilds, despite both games using the RI engine. The company attributes this to differences in Requiem's gameplay system, architecture, and network features, assuring a smooth experience across various PC specs. The game is set to release on February twenty seventh on PS five, Xbox Series X and S, Nintendo Switch To and PC. The director also noted that porting Requiem To Nintendo switch To went more smoothly than Anti due to the game's highly scalable development. That's a that's probably actually a good sign. It's running on switched To. You would hope it it's going just inherently run better than wild Yeah, they had to learn this lesson though, right, Yeah, I mean that's great.
Speaker 6: I kind of hope they can go make Wilds and even I don't know how Dragon's Dogma two is working these days, but I hope it'd be nice if both of those were doing really well on PC, which I don't think is the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I you know, I get the sense that they are going to put out their updates for Wilds and they will fix the real problems with with Monster Hunter and the next Monster Hunter.
Speaker 6: But there's gonna be an expansion for Wilds, and I wonder what I'm saying. I wonder what that's like.
Speaker 2: Yep. It just feels like, man, if they could have fixed it, it would have done it by now. It's been almost a whole year. I guess it's been three quarters of a year, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: It feels like that feels like forever there's a game that wasn't nominated for Game of the Year.
Speaker 2: Huh much actually grated Games of the Year and it was not nominated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's no. I'm like wondering to did get nominated for anything?
Speaker 2: I've been mold somewhere.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I don't think it would have.
Speaker 6: Gone Best RPG and oh that's it. I think just the best Well, not going to win that category, probably not.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Ubisoft postpones earnings call and halts trading with little explanation. Uh, this is a a strange one. Uh. They like a half an hour maybe it was a little bit longer than that. Before their earnings call was supposed to happen last week for the first half of their fiscal year. Up like, oh, hey, we are not going to do that, and we are asking the the the indexes on which we trade to halt any trades involving our stock to avoid any problems. This happens for a variety of reasons. It doesn't happen very often and video games. I can't remember the last time it happened. There was one company that's done it before. The speculation here immediately is oh Ubisoft's being acquired, and that does seem like the likeliest scenario. There's also the possibility that they just legitimately fucked up the math and they could not report what they had in their books because that would be illegal. So they're like, there's always that possibility and we'll find out. But this is a company that's already been shifting around and like selling off parts of it and creating new entities to do with ten Cent. And I would imagine maybe ten Cent's going to step in and just buy the rest or if they're not, maybe the Saudi's I don't know, but there is it's worth reminding people there is the new version of Ubisoft that has a Rainbow six, far Cry and Assassin's Creed, and that's their focus, and that's like the real thing that they're actually investing in and working with Tencent on. And that's the part that the Gimo family like wormed their way into still being in charge of. And then there is the rest of you besoft that got left behind, where you'll find your splinter Cell remakes and beyond it an evil too, you know, fucking fairy tales, h and all these things that that you know don't feel real and don't feel like they were ever getting the love they needed, and something's gonna happen with that part of it now maybe we we really don't know yet though. I mean it's like, what do you expect to happen?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So they got bought up by ten Center the Saudi's right, Like, that's what you're kind of waiting to see happen here, But uh, could just be a math thing.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 6: It seems like you've been waiting for it seems likely been waiting for like the big dramatic thing to happen to we saw forever it's always been these kind of weird quarter measures are half measures, right, yep.
Speaker 2: Weird maneuvering by that family that controls it to like keep themselves in charge. And that's why it always feels strange.
Speaker 1: Ugan.
Speaker 2: This happened last week. We still haven't had any update on this from one family to another. Huh, that's that seems to be the case. Yes, Well, if there is any updates there, we'll talk about probably on game this Morning's. Hopefully this week we get an answer to that. U Hey. Last week, since the BombCast happened, Valve revealed new hardware controller, a compat gaming PC and VR ready headset. The Steam controller. It's an updated version of the last Steam controller now that has analog sticks. Hooray. The Steam machine is back. It's running Steam OS, but now the new and improved Steam OS that has really great support for Windows based games. It's six times more powerful than a Steam Deck and it's very tiny and cute and cool. Has sixteen gigabytes of RAM, eight gigabytes of v RAM. People are worried about that. It seems like it might not actually be much of a problem though they have a lot of custom tech in there to help with that. And then the Steam frame, the standalone VR headset that has a snap Dragon mobile processor also running Steam OS. There's a lot of implications there of like ooh, Steam OS on mobile devices going forward, the next Steam deck might be a mobile processor. That could be interesting. Probably won't be could be though, cool tech like fhoviiated streaming, so like they'll just beam the part of the game from your PC across the internet just right into your phobia and your eye, which is where you actually see the most with the highest visual acuity. That sort of thing. So a lot of cool stuff here, Dan Jan, you guys got to see it. You guys have talked about in a bunch of places. That video is excellent, people really happy with it. But many things that you guys have been thinking about since you got a chance to go hands on with so much of it.
Speaker 1: I think I've been thinking about a lot lately.
Speaker 3: Is just like in terms of the current OS's that we have, you know, like we've all just gotten accustomed to, like, Okay, this is o PS five works, and so this works. You know, it's like, oh, the switch one's pretty clean, but it's pretty basic. Don't have a lot of flexibility here, and especially as I've like I keep playing things on that rock Xbox ally x where it's okay once I get a game running, I like how powerful this is, but for free things surrounding launching a game or configuring anything is a nightmare. It's like, I am so appreciative of just that. It's them os. It is just so fucking clean. It's got everything you need, and now you're gonna have all these different devices that all operate under that US with the seamless cloud saves and everything, like you know, the the larger thoughts on these devices and everything.
Speaker 1: Please, like, like reb said, check out our video.
Speaker 3: On YouTube, just or giant bomb valve machine. I'm so excited about these things I do. So the controller, I think there's gonna be a bit of a like I don't learning curve probably isn't. There's just gonna be an adjustment period, I think, be cause like there are still things that I didn't quite understand the use for, like the the grips, where it's like, okay, if you grip it tightly, it turns on kind of the gyroscope aiming, but if you hold it loosely, Like the idea of like holding a controller tight or loose is like any thing to me, you know.
Speaker 2: And that like I had someone explain to me, and I'm like, I don't know if I've ever used it this way, but like you know, you will grip it tight when you want to be actually using the gyroscope ame. But then maybe you like let go to recenter it and then and then use quickly grab it again and that becomes second nature after a while, and it's like, Okay, I could see that for people who play a lot of games that way, which on PC is a surprisingly common way that people actually do engage with like first person shooters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and having the ability to do that, you know, like that's never a bad thing, you know, I'm sure worst case narrative, you don't like it, just turn it off, don't utilize that thing. But ultimately, all three of these devices are great from what we've seen. The Steam Machine in particular, I think is the one I'm most excited about. Like I love the idea of just having this thing that's six times more powerful than the Steam Deck, just HDMI cable to my TV, make it super fucking simple. But I hope uh VR, Like, I mean, look, the device is excellent, but there have been numerous VR devices now that I've been like, oh, okay, well this fixes that problem or this fixes that hardware problem. But then it's like I'll be excited about it and I'm like, all right, what am I gonna play? And even the good ones, like that Batman game, it's like I'll do once for an hour and then be like, A, I don't like being in VR, So we'll see if that fixes. Like games in general need to be better in VR for any of the hardware to matter. But yep, at least this feels really nice, even like the two D stuff, Like I played a bit of Hades in the Steam Frame and it was awesome, just made the screen really really big, really sharp visuals and everything. I'm very excited these devices. But I think the Steam Machine is number one.
Speaker 1: Of my book. Yeah that's at a price. Oh go ahead, JA, we don't know, Oh, I was gonna say. I think I'm very surprised at how much the Steam controller seems to be very popular and how excited people are about that. I think my biggest takeaway though from the preview event that Dan and I went to is Wow, these people at Valve are very smart and passionate and like they earnestly really like the things that they are making. It doesn't feel like it is a cash grab or like striking while the iron is hot. I know a lot of people have. As soon as the Gabe Cube got announced that people are saying.
Speaker 2: Like take that Xbox, get fucked.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that is like vow's primary motivation. I think they want to just have the Steam library available in more places for people.
Speaker 2: I think they want to create a world where Steam os is a viable alternative Windows, and they've done that now. I think this like for game Yeah, yeah, for gaming, which is what they care about. Right, and that's what you know, it's the conversation that we're usually having there, like Linux is already a viable alternative for stops people really care about that, get your bass like going uh, but for gaming it wasn't for for a very long time. And when they tried to do Steam machines originally in was that like it was like.
Speaker 3: I want to say that was twenty tens. The third party stuff, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: What was that again?
Speaker 4: They were like licensing out parting with different It was PCs.
Speaker 2: Basically a SUS and acer and stuff. Maybe maybe those aren't right, but like stuff like that, and they would build these smaller not this small smaller they were locked, but they were certainly like present it as like hey, they're like this is in this tranch of price universe, this tier. Yeah, the idea was really like steam os was was the thrust there, and that was Linux, and there's a lot of games on Steam that run on Linux. Let's just do those. Well, since then, they've got Proton, they have they have the steam Deck. Steam Deck was has done most of the bulk of the work of establishing steam os as an alternative and people are like, maybe we'll start installing these on desktops. We're certainly going to install them on other like Windows handhelds because this is maybe more powerful in some ways, or mixed games run better, mix the thing more efficient. But what about desktop? Well, this is saying hey, no, this is going to work on desktop as well, and everyone this time around's going yeah, we see it, we get it, and we want it. And that's very different than the way it happened last time, and it separates us from a world of like Microsoft's whims of like, hey, what are they going to distract us with next time? What other garbage are they going to throw into this operating system? And I use Windows all the time. I'm mostly fine with it on desktop whatever. It's annoying in some cases, but clearly there needed to be an alternative path and now Steam os will will definitely be that, and it's open and people can put on whatever they want. It doesn't have to just be on a Valve box Steam machine that you buy from Valve. You're gonna be able to install this yourself.
Speaker 1: I didn't know's I do hope that the Steam frame kind of ushers in another small boom for virtual reality games because I know a lot of it. I know a lot of it like right now is locked behind Meta and everything, and anything I can do to not have Facebook or Zuckerberg anywhere near my life, I will do. And I also need to emphasize how comfortable in light that headset was, like as some of the wears glasses, I know, like the Metaquest three can be a little bit front heavy and like it hurts my neck after a while, and also like my glasses will fog up, but in the brief time checking out the Steam frame felt very comfortable to just like onto my face. I felt good. Also super duper light. And I don't understand how the computer is just in the visor part.
Speaker 2: Of it, but I don't It's just a phone. It's just a phone. I guess there's there are are already Chinese handhelds that use the same exact processor, and so it's like, oh, we're going to be able to put steam os on these things, and it's going to be optimized for it. And so running Windows games on Android something that is possible already in some ways, but you know, this is going to streamline that in a significant way. That's really promising.
Speaker 3: Here's a question. Here's like a temperature check question as it comes to VR. I saw today, they're a bunch of I don't even know where the rumors came from on Blue Sky today about Half Live three, like, oh, is.
Speaker 5: That going to get announced today or whatever. Let's say hypothetic.
Speaker 3: Let's say Half Life three gets announced and it is both fully playable in VR and traditionally, how do you think you would play most of that?
Speaker 5: Like, do you think it'd be a thing like try?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was just thinking that.
Speaker 3: It's like I would probably try it, you know, to see what it's like, because I mean, Alex is probably the best VR game I've ever played. But ultimately I still if that's a you know, twelve fifteen to twenty hour game, I'm going to want to play it on a screen, I think, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I think so it'd be something to check out. Like Ari Seven's VR mode right was like novel and quit cool. Yeah, I wouldn't play the whole game like that. Yeah, I don't think. Yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it doesn't matter who you are. I don't think humans adapt to like playing extended extended VR sessions. It's just not like you can only be on a roller coaster for so many hours.
Speaker 1: You speak for yourself what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, Like you you would eventually fucking lose it, Like you just can't do it.
Speaker 1: You get motion sickness with VR after that.
Speaker 4: One ya with one game. But I've done I've done plenty of VR since I'm okay. I like roller coasters.
Speaker 3: That was the first thing I did when they put me in a VR for the Steam thing is I turned off all of the eight way moving like all of those like guard rails that put they put on you in VR. I just I turn all those off because I just think that is a better experience, you know, I mean, I mean sick as fuck, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, like that's my point. Like one day, you know, it's just there's only so much you can do. And I think, uh, I you know, I think for something like Alex that was like a very impressive, impressive, uh sort of proof of concept. But I would I mean, imagining Half Life three completely VR. It just seems like a yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's like if we go, like have this conversation with a normal person, we explain all this to them, They're like, so I get some benefits from being an VR, being more immersed. But is that what I'm is that what I want from when I'm going to play a game. What I want from a game is to be entertained and to relax and have a good time. And immersion is a baby one of those things that helps me get those things. But it's not the only thing. And you're saying there's a chance I'm gonna get sick. That doesn't seem like a good bargain to me, and I think that's gonna be that's going to continue to be a problem for for this technology going forward. So we'll see Prices have not been announced for any of this stuff, these games, these games, these products are shipping early next year, though, so they're gonna have to give us prices soon. Their price is probably a moving target because stuff like RAM continues to go up and it would cost I mean a lot. I did just real quick. I just did. I was like I've been piecing together a PC or for Emmy for like the last several months, like slowly trying to find deals on stuff. I was gonna use my old, my old nzxt H one, which is like they're a mini it X case that thing was busted, so I kind of had to get a new one, and so I'm a venturely. It was like, you know what, I'm just gonna build one and we're gonna use this kind of like as a family room PC sort of thing, as something I can store media on. So I've been pricing it out over time and I kind of just got the last component. I think, all in to build something that is going to be pretty equivalent to what is happening with this Steam machine. It was like nine hundred, nine hundred and fifty dollars. I think the PCPU might be a little bit better, but still it's like, okay, So if they can come in under that for this thing, I think they'll probably be six hundred to eight hundred. I think they're gonna be able to hit a lot of people with that.
Speaker 3: That was your two jan When they said there was a five twelve and a two terabyte, I just knee jerk guess was six fifty and eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds right to me.
Speaker 1: What was your equivalent GPU.
Speaker 2: Like my GPU? Yes, I did a low profile fifty sixty, which is maybe might might also be a little bit better, but it's not custom it's not. I don't know if it has like FSR for support. Maybe it does. But yeah, that was that was the most expensive thing actually, It's like I needed to get something that could fit in a Mini ITX case though. So yeah, but it was fun to build through the build all right, Let's get on to the last of the stories here. Art Dink Art Dink announces art deec game log catalog title ports for Switch and PC. Art Dink has announced Art Dink Game Lug, a project to port and re release they're previously developed games on modern hardware. The first title, Tale of the Sun, will launch on Switch and PC via Theme in Japan on December sixteenth, followed by Aquaots Holiday in twenty twenty six. A third title is planned for later revelation. It's gotta be Dotion in the Giant, right, That's Dotion the Giant. That's so yeah, I hope it is. Yeah is back. They're still They're still out there. Arn't dinking because if they won't dink art, who the hell will.
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have not really played Aquanats Holiday. Maybe I did, like a thing on game and former of it, but like I I've done a little dose in the Giant. I've definitely done Tail the Sun. I would love to see what that is. And it's just fucking weird that they're still a company and they're putting out Tale of the Sun on the.
Speaker 2: Tail the Sun's gonna be on Switch MPC now. It is like they are just putting them out in Japan. But that's just because they're not localizing. You don't need to localize those games. It'll be fine. You just play those games.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, yeah, b gay do crimes and dink art everyone.
Speaker 2: That's that's what they say. That's our motto here at Giant Bomb uh sony ants is a cheaper japan exclusive PlayStation five. There was a PlayStation state of play last week. It was a Japan state of play kind of felt like, hey, hey, remember us, we like Japan too, not just you don't have to just play games on Nintendo. And to help facilitate that, here is a three hundred and fifty dollars version of the PlayStation five, as opposed to like the five hundred and fifty six hundred dollars versions we have been selling you that that state of play came along with, you know, some announcements here and there, but it was also a reminder about a lot of other games. This does seem to be though, a strategy by Sony to re establish themselves in Japan, because Japanese gamers, while they you know, have moved on to mobile in a lot of ways, they when they do come back to consoles, apparently they don't just spend a lot of money on the games. They love spending money on merchandise and like pop up stores and all this other stuff. And there's a lot of value there that Sony has apparently left on the table, and a company like Nintendo has gobbled up entirely. So Sony's like, hey, we are going to remind people and give them a way to get on board. But there is a lot of skepticism that this is going to be a enough to sort of win that audience back, especially after they have done things like closed Japan Studio, which might have been able to make games that could really appeal to a Japanese audience. Do you guys feel like they can make any inroads into Japan with a cheaper PlayStation five and like a bunch of partner games.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm gonna say no, I feel like it's a real uphill battle. Everyone that would have really wanted a PS five in Japan would have already gotten it.
Speaker 2: And I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is trending amongst Japanese gamers right now.
Speaker 6: They're in an awkward spot to where like a lot of the like the franchises that would have appealed to japan any younger audience, they have maybe let dormant for too long now to a point where it's like, are even capable of attracting much of an audience outside of the olds like us? And so how many new things can you spin up in that style, especially if you don't have a japan studios, Like, it's pretty difficult. Third party anime games can only do so much.
Speaker 2: It is certainly something that where it's like if they did care about Japan, and it seems like they do. Alarm bells were probably going off there because four years now the Japanese audience has been pulled by various analytics groups and they're like, hey, like what are you playing on? And since like twenty twenty three, it's like very clear that like the younger gamers in Japan, gen Z and younger do not care about PlayStation at all, like, and that's not an overstatement at all. So when they were asked, hey, what are you playing on? The DS back in twenty twenty three ranked higher than the PlayStation five the Nintendo DS from twenty years ago, that's the same. In twenty twenty five, the three DS ranked higher than the PlayStation five among gen z and younger So older gamers, yes, and they still care about PlayStation to a certain extent. Younger gamers do not care about it at all. That's the uphill battle is now they have to sort of reintroduce themselves to an audience that didn't forget, never learned to care about PlayStation in the first place, and to some extent, or if they did, it's like it's they feel like a completely different company now. You know the things that are working in Japan. It's like Splatoon and Pickman, Cute, cool games with a lot of style, especially in terms of Splatoon. I think that PlayStation will probably have to make games like that to have a chance to change the story there. But rumor is like Station six will have a portable version of itself, and if that thing is sleek and cool, maybe they could have introduce some games alongside that, and that could change the story pretty quick because the Vita was very popular in Japan and maybe they can bring back some of that love. I don't know, love to see, but I don't think anything's going to change with the PlayStation five. Okay, oh yeah, go ahed.
Speaker 1: Joe, Sorry, gub I just don't see PlayStation Sony able to pivot in memediately into doing qt sy wootsy stuff, especially when they're massacring my boy Ratchet and Clank by giving them a fucking mobile game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of news I didn't have a chance to get all that. There's a mobile shooter Ratchet and Clank game that they're making. Yes, yeah, not even it's not going to be available on PlayStation. It's just mobile. It's it's weird. There's a handful of other stories like that, but I don't know. We'll see what they're thinking. That does it for the headlines, though, Jim.
Speaker 1: This shows back over to you andtastic folks. We're gonna go air out, uh and just decompress about the news and we'll be back with emails and YouTube super.
Speaker 2: Chests, christ Federation. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll be back right after the These are the emails for the show emails. I'm Kes John. Palm dot com is email address to send your emails to. You can write in about in and everything, whatever you want. You want to make a fun quiz, I'll try and read it. If there's enough time. You have a miscllaneous question about whatever, I'll try and read it to the gang. If you have nice words, I'll keep it to myself and I'll print it out and I'll show my mom and she'll put it on the fridge, and then I'll all be happy. Look at that BombCast. Giant bomb dot com once again is the email address. First email comes from Nick from Vermont. Nick last week wrote in with what I thought would be fun facts about Vermont instead kind of highlighted how Vermont can kind of be a little bit of a bummer. Nick rode back in with some positive stuff about Vermont. This time, Hey again, duds, I didn't mean to bring ill down last week with my Vermont facts. Here's some more positive leading facts about Vermont. I'll try keep this one shorter. More than seventy percent of the land and Vermont is forested. Almost every town has a local farmers market. We have some killer cheeses. Lots of local creameres sell to the surrounding area. But we also have Cabot Creamery, which is mass distributed. Yeah it brancheddar is lactose free for any of y'all.
Speaker 2: Who are sensitive. WHOA Okay.
Speaker 1: Vermont has the most breweries per capita in the country, which means there's always a beer you'll like. And it's legal to grow your own weed recreationally, one flowering plant per household at a time. If you're into that. I don't have much of a green thumb. Thanks as always from Vermont.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of the positive seemed to be about the way you can like chemically alter your body to make Vermont more tolerable.
Speaker 2: Hey, lactose is the chemical. Get that ship out of here.
Speaker 5: Beer, cheese and weed. That sounds like a good time.
Speaker 4: How do you not put Bernard Sanders on the fucking list of things that are this week?
Speaker 2: What I'm on a dollar bill?
Speaker 1: The fuck email?
Speaker 2: I guess you're right. It seems like Vermont's coated and the goat sauce. For sure.
Speaker 1: We can't, Mike, we can't make awful. We can't do this, Mike.
Speaker 2: Now what I start saying it instead. Honestly, I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I think it's great, Mike, I love everything about it.
Speaker 2: I want more.
Speaker 1: Where can I subscribe to it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh uh yeah. Goat sauce dot com Is that one taken? Well, you know that's one U R L.
Speaker 1: I will not be entering into my web. Dude.
Speaker 2: The first time you said coated with the goat sauce, was that deliberate or was that you said that's what I thought? It might have actually been? Okay, I love that. That makes it better. Never mind, I'm fully on board.
Speaker 1: I want to be goaded with the sauce.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, it's goaded, you're goated with the sauce phase rugs. I want to go on that much more ridiculous than any of the things Alexis said.
Speaker 4: I want to go on a Disney cruise with Mike and the MPC from Metroid.
Speaker 2: Jesus, so many layers to that back.
Speaker 1: Gonna be sick man.
Speaker 6: Goat Sauce dot Com is one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, goat Sauce is only one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Got Sauce dot Shop is in ninety nine cents.
Speaker 1: That's our new merch store.
Speaker 2: IL sounds like an artificial insimentation emporium.
Speaker 1: Is what it sounds like, coded much like our store story Dotchi pom dot com code.
Speaker 2: With the goat sauce dot com. I bet this one. I bet that one. I can get real cheap.
Speaker 1: Oh man, imagine this is someone's first podcast.
Speaker 2: All of them are, all of them are.
Speaker 1: Rick from Minneapolis writes, and what is there a view that Yoshi shouldn't speak in the Super Mario Galaxy movie. In the games, the very first thing Yoshi does is talk to Mario when you hatch him in the level Yoshi's Island too, and he leaves a note in his house informing you that he went to rescue his friends. In Super Mario RPG, he acts as translator for Mario on Yoshi's Island. It allows you to talk to Bois.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, you can talk too. He's well read, like problem in fuk though.
Speaker 3: He's always tell me you twenty hours of dialogue in the last one. And Matt Murconte did it and yeah.
Speaker 1: Nope, Mercer Mercer.
Speaker 2: Dance.
Speaker 1: Alissa Mercante is our friend.
Speaker 5: I don't think Yoshi's ever had sentences, right.
Speaker 2: He spoke the sentences?
Speaker 5: Oh sure, s Yeah, so did meg a man.
Speaker 2: You know you say he hasn't Yeah, he has not verbalized sentences, but he has like voice acted.
Speaker 3: He's ample of like writing and thinking. I think you could talk to him and he would understand.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: He he talks back to people like uh and sounds in your door.
Speaker 2: There's that baby. Oshi talks all the time. It's great.
Speaker 5: I like him, Yeah, baby Oshi yah, I like, I wouldn't be upset of Yoshi talked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 5: I'm a big Yoshi talking. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think he will though, Mother Safty brother should voice Yoshi.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely, boy, no one, no one's ever heard that guy talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We don't hear from him. We Benny all the time.
Speaker 1: It's Ben Rick from Minneapolis. Finishes in Super Mario sixty four. He talks to you on the roof of the castle. Actually you get one hundred and twenty stars. All this to say, would it would it actually be weirder if Yoshi doesn't talk.
Speaker 2: In the movie weirder? Probably? I still think Jenny Slight should voice Yoshi.
Speaker 4: I think you're just empirically correct about that. Yoshi will say a word or two like Yoshi yeah, yeah, or like or like maybe in a great moment of like plot, you know, tension, it'll just be like it's up there, you know, I'll reveal something. Yeah, it was like, I'm shy, but this was important for me to say.
Speaker 1: That was a really good Chris Pratt grub that sounded like Chris Pratt's Mario voice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guess remember the Weird Tom and Jerry anime movie that came out in the nineties where they just talked the whole time. Actually, yes, and like yeah, like my dinner with Andre, they just like had a conversation the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Spike was there, got really awkward. Like little Baby gray Mouse was also there.
Speaker 6: The baby he was playable in the Super Nintendo Tom and Jerry game.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what after playing Dispatch, I want Yoshi to be voiced by Jeffrey Wright. That would nice.
Speaker 2: I would like that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Moving on Kenny from Queen's Rights in Dear Bomb, folks, question for mister Grubb or anyone else who wants to weigh in, which do you think is most likely one? The PlayStation is PlayStation six is very expensive, but Sony continues to make and sell the PS five alongside it. Two, the PS five is repackaged as the base model PS six alongside more premium PS six skews or three. The chip inside the rumored Canis or Canus handheld gets put in a box and becomes the base model PS six alongside a premium skew, and the handheld itself to be the steam machine. Steam Machine announcement and Sony's midway through the generation comments, There's been a ton of discourse on this, and I was curious what your thoughts were. Keep being awesome, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've speculated on Game last morning is a bunch of times now that I think I think the PS five will be re introduced in some way to like make it as relevant as possible, whether that's like just trying to like diminish the importance of the five to the six jump, or to maybe repackage the PS five as a Here's what they could do. They could take the chip architecture of the PS five and then re build that on the same sort of a process that they're using for the PS six, So the chip could be really small, it could be really energy efficient, and they could put out like a PS six MANI and that's basically a PS five, but like all the games, because they're just not going to make that many games that don't run on the PS five during the PS six generation because there's just not a point to it. So yeah, I think the PS five will be re engineered and reimagined by Sony in some real way to keep that thing around so that they can justify supporting it for another like ten years, because they've sold a ton of those things, and unlike the PS four, it won't be an albatross around their neck in terms of upgrading games and making sure games run well. And the PS four wasn't even that much of a problem in the first place. So yeah, I think it's probably somewhere around that second option. I don't know, I'm speculating, though, I don't know if you guys have any thoughts on well what gives you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely understand where you're coming from with like the need to have it be much more seamless, right where it's like, let's not have a generational borderlines, right, and let's kind of make everything a lot more fluid. I understand that, But how do you think they square that by just repackaging it though, and not or is it just more of a marketing pushed.
Speaker 2: Than it be a combination of marketing and a variety of of a variety of things. But yeah, it's mostly gonna be marketing. It's mostly gonna be yeah, telling people, hey, there's this cheaper PS like, yeah, maybe the PS five is going away, but you can get this PS six many and it's basically slightly improved in some key ways, but mostly still that same system because they're gonna want to keep making PS five games for a very long time. That's that's I think the motivating factor.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Cool, I don't want to think about the word PS six.
Speaker 2: For a while. I don't think you have to worry about it for a minute. I don't think we'll get that far anyway. It's all coming apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny, it's well, it's funny because like I watch my child and his friends and the way they talk about games, and you know, there is still something of a kind of like generational, like the latest and greatest thing that is sort of inseparably kind of tethered to like what a console is right a to a person.
Speaker 2: So they'll make a real PS six to go alongside it, and I think it's going to be extremely expended of though, And yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I just it's interesting how like they because I do look to them to kind of, like, you know, answer some of the questions we were talking about earlier in the show, especially with like.
Speaker 1: You know, game loyalty and whatnot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's it's wild to think. I mean, I feel but at the same time, I feel like we've been predicting this sort of like you know, leveling of the of that playing field for for a while now, right, I think it's just seemed to need a spot to kind of break in there.
Speaker 2: It happened without without them even really trying between the PS four and the PS five, right that they weren't trying to keep the PS four around as hard as as it ended up staying around. And then it's like they're like, well, that's only going to be worse next time, because the PS five is really good, it's a really good console, and all our third party partners like they might just make games for the PS five and and say, that's a PS six game as well. And if that's the case, what are we doing here? Should we really be focusing that much on trying to lop off an entire shperation, and they're not interested in that anymore. It's worked out really well for them. They made a lot of money by not doing that. They're just going to continue going down the route that's made them a lot of money.
Speaker 1: How's that pro selling?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's selling as well as the PS four Pro did, but it's not. I don't think it's also not outside the range of what they expected. It's probably like one in every ten PlayStation five's being sold as a pro.
Speaker 1: And I feel like when the PS four Pro came out there was a justification because my base PS four sounded like it wanted to unlive itself anytime I fired up a game.
Speaker 2: But I don't have.
Speaker 1: My biggest problem with the PS five right now is I don't know where mine is. That's a problem, right Yours went missing? Yeah, just like your key you put up post all buddies as in your better it's if I chucked. If Jan's PS five is up my butt, oh we're gonna have some serious fun.
Speaker 2: How did it get there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How did it get there? The key's gone, folks, say goodbye to the key. I thought maybe it would show its face over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It really wasn't home that much.
Speaker 5: But shiitting out of ps five would suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did it get in?
Speaker 1: There's a weird shape?
Speaker 2: Yeah, flash yeah, flaps would like break itself your parts.
Speaker 1: Way all right? Speak talking about things that you should probably only talk about on a podcast and not with uh real life people. Why not admit secrets to a podcast that a bunch of people listen to? So Anonymous from Rights Rights in Hey Bombers, I was told a few weeks ago I was going to receive a promotion at my job. The problem is I was told I can't tell anyone about it until it's announced in another month, even my family, yourself, someone. But I have to tell someone, So why not my favorite podcast? On that note, what is the most satisfying advancement in game? Is there a music cue, a change in title, a visual change, or a full and cut scene that always gets you hyped? For me, it's unlucky the hyper Beam and super Metroid. Thanks for all you do, Anonymous.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, I like in Vampire Survivors when you get both the things you're trying to get to the evolution and then you get the evolution and that really just kind of blows it wide open.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's a really good one.
Speaker 6: Gosh, Like both Prince of Persia Lost Crown and Stoke Song have been very good about like late game double jump unlock.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, a double jump wall jump's good too. Yeah, either one of those.
Speaker 6: Anytime you get the rush jet in a Mega Man game.
Speaker 5: We found out that leisure Suit Larry had a wall jump and a double jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lay.
Speaker 1: Tuesday today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see what else is in store for us in that game. And by us I mean Mike, yes, Mike yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait is the things that have the quantchy on it?
Speaker 1: By the way, the wig?
Speaker 2: It does? You want me to clean it off or keep it on? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll make it. I'll see how much it's still on.
Speaker 2: There, I'll I'll do these guys.
Speaker 1: Have you guys bought mannequin heads for your wigs or are they just kind of loosey goosey?
Speaker 2: I got a bunch of.
Speaker 1: I got a ton of oul snow of mannequin heads in my parents. With the wrestling reference, I just gosh, always bringing up wrestling. I just don't went.
Speaker 4: Along on mannequin heads. I don't know why at the time it seemed like the right move.
Speaker 1: But you were Jane there the ECW arena and you just stockpiled all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just throw my wheelbarrow and took four hundred of them every night. So yeah, anyway, give me your ship and address.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Andrew from New Jersey rights in Hey, members of the large explosive love you wonderful people out of this question on a beach. What's an element of popular or general culture you wish you knew more about? Help with your perspectives, either on life or in gaming. Thanks for you, Andrew, New Jersey.
Speaker 6: I've I'm in the middle of learning lots and lots more about old computers. That's just something been interested in, so I've been diving into that. I just listened to a whole audio book about the original Macintosh, which was, like, you know when, like the first popular computer that had a graphical user interface. I've been thinking a lot about stuff like like that, and the Xerox Alto and the Apple too, and I want to go to like some old computer museum and get like my hands list things I'm not gonna lie. I was on the Facebook marketplaces like looking up like super old eighties computers and kind of talking myself out of collecting those because boy, that's going to take up a lot of space real fast.
Speaker 2: Did you, uh, Mike, did you see that story recently about the NP nine four four the world's real first microprocessor that's just kind of getting revealed recently because the US government had it and they kept the secrets they put in the F fourteen I have a secret for thirty years.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was happening right right around the time of the forty oh four Intel's like first micro process Oh yeah, the one that really kicked things off, and everyone's like, well, we're gonna use this for everything now. Tendly, the government like saw that and immediate was like we have our own and we're gonna make something that it's like where it was like twenty times more powerful or something like that.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. Where'd you where did they report this?
Speaker 2: I saw this on Tom's hardware?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, yeah, it sounds like a fun read.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's it is absolutely I want to I hope there's like more and more discovered about this because I would love to warn more.
Speaker 1: Who's Tom I never knew who Tom from Tom's Hardware.
Speaker 2: I think he's the Facebook guy and he started a hardware with my space. My Space guy.
Speaker 4: No, not really, no, hell no, I think my Space Tom lives on like a remote island somewhere and still thinks he doesn't know about nine to eleven or something.
Speaker 2: Untastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's amazing. Yeah, oh, that's a great story. I'm gonna read this. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yep. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Whenever this question gets asked, I feel like this isn't directly answering this question. I just wish I spoke more languages. I don't know, that'd be Japanese.
Speaker 3: Would like if you have, like, you know, five minutes in the matrix machine. I feel like downloading the languages would be one of the folks want to do languages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be would be so hot. If I could speak Spanish, you would be confuse people though, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, yeah. I need Spanish so bad. I just I just I need it. I need it right now, and I don't want to put in the work. I don't want to put in the During the pre show here, I was playing some music from Dispatch and there's a moment where Flambay, one of the characters, does karaoke. There were a couple of people in chat legitimately wondering, this is Christian singing just because very uh there's a pronounced accent there with Flambay, just like our dear friend Christian.
Speaker 4: All Right, I I disagree incredibly with everyone in CHET saying kung fu is a must. I don't think the matrix machine will make you be in shape, no, but it teaches you just like you know something though, Yeah, you're gonna your body up.
Speaker 2: I think you'll be able to get in shape a little bit easier because you maybe understand your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, well maybe your your body doesn't count in the matrix world though, knowledge the knowledge, Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: The prompt was dance like if you had five minutes in the max, you go in there for five minutes and that's all the time you get. So you're gonna like make a quick roster of like, oh, here's the things I want to get, and then when you come out, you're back in this world.
Speaker 3: And you have that stuff, and they've got like fiber there, so downloads pretty quick, So would be easy, you know, bowling, Yeah, all the language I guess bowling.
Speaker 2: I would I want to be real good at bowling. They wouldn't even have They wouldn't even offer that. They wouldn't even know. They wouldn't. You don't want our because archery is way more and it would just be the rules of bowling, like you would just like, here's the rules.
Speaker 6: Of saying because maybe this should be my big video game idea. Has they done the roguelike bullying game yet?
Speaker 2: Oh no? It'd be fun.
Speaker 3: I like that would go on of Mike going into the matrix and coming out and he's like, I can score frames by hand.
Speaker 4: Now if I was just like that guy, like just very finite. Race to bowling is just very finite, Mike, Right, you could just go three hundred and that's it.
Speaker 6: So you get all the three hundreds, you get more to anyone else, and you get you could be like the guy like like, who did you think you are?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 4: I Like, I like the idea of like, oh three hundreds cool, but what about three million?
Speaker 7: Like what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, bullying, I'm so good. I'm the first person to ever get a three oz one.
Speaker 3: That's the things like I think you could download like martial arts because there are so many like knowledge things and just like, Okay, if someone's coming at you're like this, you.
Speaker 1: Do this, the reverse it around.
Speaker 3: Now bowling, it's just like you do need the physical aspect, Like just the knowledge is not gonna help you at all.
Speaker 5: You got to know how to put the spin on the ball and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, Mikey, does does this include your bowling download from the matrix? Does this include like the ability to do trick shots?
Speaker 6: I just take a bowling ball and a lane and tins.
Speaker 2: I just could just do it all.
Speaker 6: You can just call it one pin right, like somehow I Am only going to clear the back middle pin.
Speaker 2: Dude, do you imagine fucking Neo in that white space.
Speaker 5: And he's just like, I want bowling, but the guns, lots of guns.
Speaker 1: And pins and shoes and shit.
Speaker 2: And he's like, are you sure, Neo?
Speaker 6: We I'm gonna use the fucking bread flintstone, tweakle, tost thing. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 4: Man, that's hot, the all of humanity's knowledge and you're you want bowling first, bowling?
Speaker 2: It's fun. Gee, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess if like sports word option basketball would be cool.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not going to make you tall.
Speaker 3: What's the easiest thing you could download in the Matrix world that when you get back you could get rich off of?
Speaker 1: Like no doubt, you know, I mean every.
Speaker 4: Still, every label, laborious skill ever even like yeah, if you knowing languages, coding is always mean.
Speaker 2: If you became the world's best person at like designing microprocessors, you would be Could.
Speaker 5: You download that off the Matrix world could.
Speaker 2: Download all the information about Yes, I can make good money bowling now, I know.
Speaker 1: Look up bowling contest and.
Speaker 2: The p b A. Mike, you could join the Pro Bowlers Association. I don't know how much money you're gonna be so good a boy, you are a transformative star.
Speaker 4: Did I ever tell you my dad was talking? My dad was offered to be a pro bowler what you know, and he was like, nah, I'm good in the seventies and he's like, no, I'm good bowling.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I just.
Speaker 3: So want to see this Mike Manatti version of the Matrix were instead of the like Karate Fight and the Geese with Morpheus, it's just Mike Manatti versus Morpheus bowling.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Mike, can you figure out how to make bowling shirts and put them on the store. Okay, can we do tecon bowling? Oh, my.
Speaker 5: Har we got a couple of obligating I know, I know, but I love bowling.
Speaker 2: I like boy too. We'll have to do a bully week for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm so bad at bowling. This is another reason why I'm a disappointment to my parents.
Speaker 2: Wow, we'll put bumpers up for you, buddy. It's okay. I mean that could be one of your roguelike things.
Speaker 1: You get bump Oh that's good. Oh, I forgot I meant to talk about I'll talk about it more next week. Slots and Daggers. That's a very good roguelike slot machine game. All right, let's see one more email. This comes with a picture if you all want to pull that up for y'all. It's just a little kind words. Hi, my little bombinos. I've been listening to this podcast for like sixteen years, and all I got was this lousy T shirt. I do think Disney and Epcot are so cool though, see attached photo. Congrats on independence cool. I am loving the show and the energy this crew brings. Speaking of going around the world, do you ever pair drinks or snacks with whatever media you were consuming. For instance, I would sometimes get so due to drink when streaming a Korean show with my wife. Thanks for making my commute and day better. Every day I get to listen to y'all. Aaron from Warren, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got Pa. That's Pa boy.
Speaker 6: It does my heart good to see a guy wearing a shirt with my face on it standing in front of the spaceship Berths in Epcot.
Speaker 1: Now he also has like the sunglasses on and a backwards hat.
Speaker 2: Was that intense? Ye, he's got his He's got the toft even is a good addition too. I like that he's of course, Uh going to those Alamo draft House movie dinners where the just chef would prepare a meal and then they would also work with like a local brewery to pair alcohol with the movie and the dinner. Uh, that ruled. I don't I don't necessarily like to think about it, but ever since watching The Hateful Eight there and having like whiskey with that movie, it was like, Yeah, that's the kind of thing I do enjoy, is kind of pairing up stuff in that way. Mike, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I like to get pizza if I'm gonna watch a TV set the Ninja Turtles movie.
Speaker 2: That's exactly good call.
Speaker 1: I associate round table pizza with the One Up Show. Wow, I would for whatever reason, I would often have round table pizza when I would listen to the One Up Show.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: Also shouts out to Area five because they put me onto a local diner here in SF because we don't have that many. Uh So, anytime I would eat over easy eggs, I would think of them, Oh, we we got Manadi on the jet strain over it.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: It was really good. It was better than I was expecting.
Speaker 6: You know, they're talking about so much, and they're saying words, and I know they explained what the words were to me at one point, but I hear the explanation once, and I only hear mons words like eight corner crusts and turbo crust or whatever all the time. Then like I see these things like, oh, I see why it's eight corners now, and I'm so glad to have all those corners because they're the best part.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was really freaking good pizza pizza. I tell you, can I open a jets pizza? Maybe?
Speaker 1: I think that's why I like the Pizza Hut crazy puffs because as they just got all the crispy corners all around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were those the ones we were trying to talk to Jay Cargill about jan.
Speaker 1: Yep Okay, so on it. Oh yeah, I bet you she's doing after each match. Oh I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a little Caesars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look at that physique and then mine and Dan's. It's wanted to say, really, yeah, I guess which one. It's a lot of crazy puffs. She'll never guess. You guess which one doesn't.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll guess.
Speaker 1: You'll get that and that doesn't. For emails, Bombcastage, iron bomb dot com is the email. Just send your emails to I love and appreciate all of you that send emails in We get a lot more over the last couple of weeks to months, so I am deeply appreciative. Apologies if your email doesn't get right on the show, I do trying for them. If you have kind words to say, and if you don't have kind words to say, I delete them and then I cry a little bit. Anyway, Mike Manati hit me some super chats if we got.
Speaker 6: Them, sure, Warlocks game here follow up to last we believe. When they told us that tron Ares was the best tra movie was back, says, I swear I don't care about this, but I saw all three tro movies in last two months.
Speaker 2: Tron is the best one? Is bother me. You guys don't agree. Let's see if I said it again next week.
Speaker 6: Look, I actually kind of like tront Aris.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 2: It was not bad. It's it's still the worst of those three are good. Try. The legacy is just kind of so visually interesting. What's his name? The top gun guy did that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So like, but the best one? Uh, Skotchwan says, ever heard of tooth and eye surgery? It's wild.
Speaker 2: I sure haven't the tooth and eye surgery tooth in.
Speaker 6: I in, I don't n I uh to uh complex receidure store in pats with severe cornial damage or other it's a fail. Searchery involves extracting a tooth and planting a plastic lens into and then attaching the two flens complex to the eye, So teeth are involved. Oh geez, Yeah, we've gotta put a tooth in an eye to give your vision back.
Speaker 5: At some point here, I'm getting any other tooth thing done.
Speaker 2: So I think I have nightmares about eyes with teeth. So I don't need this. I want to keep this away from me, okay. Uh. Michael McCarthy says any Mike's reaction to the final image of death stranding two rinky face. Uh, all right, get playing, Mike, all right, I'll be right on that. See you all another one hundred hours.
Speaker 1: That's our endurance run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 6: Ali Miracle says I have a steam deck legion, go remove windows off the ladder, and it made the device run so much better. Windows bogged it down so much.
Speaker 2: That's just the truth.
Speaker 6: Then, Jadkamp says, Mikey mcdan, do the power line dance on you?
Speaker 2: PF.
Speaker 6: I think Dan's not even gonna be here. That's from the Goofy Moofy Dan.
Speaker 5: That there's there's a decent chance he'll be here, all right, right.
Speaker 6: That's the perfect catch from the Goofy movie.
Speaker 5: Is that the thing I think I've seen?
Speaker 2: Xavier Woods cost Yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, we listen to that's right.
Speaker 1: Uh, coming to YouTube, coming coming soon to you, Exaver, Xavier Woods, Mike Manati Janachoa doing a cover of Tevin Campbell's Eye to Eye and stand out from the goofy movie.
Speaker 2: Got to stand out a both the crowd. Even if I got a shout out loud.
Speaker 1: That movie gave me such unrealistic expectations of what high school would.
Speaker 3: Be that as a kid in the one thing I remember is, isn't it Polly Shores character?
Speaker 1: Does I remember? Like? Oh I relate to this character? Yes, every every time I meet someone named Stacy or see your wife back Lar, I just think of like what Polly Show's character says in the beginning, Uh, like yo, stay so wait. I don't think it's even poly short, It's just a random character. Anyway, Thank you for the super chats. Boys. What do we got going on the rest of this week? We got a Tuesday blight club. Yes, hour after this wraps, Mike is heading to the Hollywood back Loot for some back and I'm not going to finish that. Wednesday a little bit lighter. I think it's just gonna be the news. We might have a miscellaneous stream popping up then Thursday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday game. This morning's right grub, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, I'll be back for all that. I'll probably get back on dispatch before those as well, but those are kind of as I can so, but that would be nine am Eastern on those days.
Speaker 3: Speaking of as we can, this is the run is always as we can. We never squeeze, especially as these runs get longer, you know, might be taking.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yep, they'll becoming fast and furious. Don't worry anybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, break news, someone bought goat sauce h douce dot org the goat org great. Uh this voicemail dump truck. We got another special guest. Lisa Wallin is joining us this week. Very funny tall lady. Her comedy specials out on YouTube. If you want to get a preview of what how Lisa is like, I suggest you go check that out. I'll go link that later as well. Friday boys, we're gonna get dancing because it looks like because thanks to our friends at Diku Deals, we had the stipulation that the community you would vote on what game to play for upf this week, it looks like it's just dance.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking about our friends from dek Deals, we'll be chatting about our games of the decade on Wednesday right after Games mornings and.
Speaker 2: Then as well.
Speaker 1: I believe there is another thing. Oh Thursday after voicemail dump truck, we're gonna have ourselves a little Discord town hall. Are for all of our premium members over there. Anything else, I'm forgetting boys or anything else you want to shout out?
Speaker 2: Uh, just real quick. Rest in peace in Russell Treilsta Rebecca Hineman who passed away from cancer at sixty two. That was the first winner of a video game tournament basically in the United States. She won the TARIVCS Space Invaders National Championship and then went on to develop a lot of games. Was one of the co founders of Interplay. And yes, she passed away this week.
Speaker 1: So yeah, rest in peace, real trailblazer in the community and for representation, Gangro. I believe that does it. For this week's episode of The Giant, Bob asked, we'll see you next week for another episode. Shouts out to Deeko Deals once again. He's been Jeff, he's been Cheff, he's been Mike, he's been in I've been janing and you at home, goddarn. Huge Short week, next week, short week, next week. You're covered in the Goat Sauce, we'll see you next week. By we're played again.
Speaker 2: Oh the Code Sauce, It's all over me.
Speaker 1: Goat Sauce gutters
Speaker 2: You see us, double dudes,