Speaker 1: US is down on surprises. This morning, we were just having a conversation here. Do you not like surprises? Some people don't like surprises.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really just depends on my mood. But yeah, no, I went to bed last night. You know, it's like, what's the big surprise gonna be in the morning, because I ran as like, oh, you got a big surprise, because we're gonna yeah surprise. It's gonna be a surprise that's gonna be remembered for the centuries. And they're like posting videos of like it looks like a mini nuke from Fallout, like a tiny bomb or like a radioactive sticker on it that's obviously like AI generated and they're like, ah, you just wait in the overnight and there's a surprise. And I woke up and there's no surprise? Was there? Did I miss something?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you want the surprise to be a nuke from Fallout, which is, by the way, a game. If I guess some of you don't know that.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be like like I figured they would do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah happened, Ah, not that I know of. No, maybe it's still Look, we're on different it's different time zones man, Right, So like you're on Ross, you're on Ross time zone, you're on Ross calendar, and Iran's not on your calendar.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're behind us, right, No, they're they're ahead of us there in front of us. So right, so it should have already happened. I should have woke up and been like, ah, there's the surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, is it really a surprise when you're like, hey, there's a surprise coming, Like if you had Let's say you had a surprise for your son, right, you got him something or whatever he wanted. Do you tell him, hey, buddy, I got a surprise for you coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We we actually do, because he doesn't, do you. Yeah, we have to if we if he If you just surprise Lincoln with something like hey buddy, I got you this thing, it'll be bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, that was not a good example. Let's say you want to get your sweet wife something, right, you wanted to be like uh, you know, you know Romeo or whatever. You get her a little you get her a little gift or whatever. Do you tell her like, I'm getting you a gift. It'll be a surprised Like two days out or do you just priz or.
Speaker 2: You do it two days out and then when it doesn't show up, you're like, I don't know the postal service lost it or somebody stole it, but I got you this amazing thing that didn't come ah.
Speaker 1: Chi ching, right, so you get the points and you don't spend any money, all right. That sounds like horrible advice, I some would some would say, so, I don't know what the surprise at this Iran is basically the Heraldo of the Middle East at this point, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They are, because they keep doing this. They're like you just wait, you wait, it's gonna it's gonna happen. And you have these like posts or these accounts on social media that are like, you know, I don't know they're actually like related to Iran. Some of them are, I'm sure fake, but some of them do have like the little emblem, like the little symbol, so you know they related to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Iran military a count and then the main one they've been tweeting like a son of a gun man. Those are their account those are their accounts, yeah.
Speaker 2: And very like ominous foreshadowing type posts like oh it's gonna happen. You just wait, you just wait. But yeah, it's like we're gonna hit you at Capone's vault.
Speaker 1: So I have a surprise.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't tell you. And it's not for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's for whoever walked into the studio that I'm broadcasting from in Ashville all week, which I love doing, and unplugged all of my stuff. And I don't mean from the wall. Yes, it was unplugged from the wall. Somebody came in overnight or I guess yesterday afternoon probably, and I have it's you know, I have these two devices that I use when i'm you know, remote broadcasting up here in Nashville, and they unplugged like all the microphones and mike cables, the plugs in the wall, the audio cable that sends from the one device to the other device so they could broadcast it back to my Raleigh studio. So ross can you know, put it up on the board. Somebody came in and unplugged all this stuff. So I walk in this morning and I'm like, who would do this? Why did this happens? So whoever did it? I want you to know I got a surprise coming for you. You're gonna love it, and I will make it my mission at nine oh one to day to figure out who you are so you could get your surprise. Do I sound as ominous as I ran? I mean, it's not as foreboding I should be. It should be need to you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, you're you're all gonna pay your son? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's probably there's probably a code of conducting violation.
Speaker 2: You think it was intentional, Like somebody came in and they're like scaredy somebody.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, right dude, because you know in the back of this thing, you have all the different mic position cables, right because like you know, I have the guests, they have the microphone over there, I have my microphone. There is the cable that runs it from the mixer to what's called a Comrex device, which is the actual call it a modem for all practical purposes, there is and then there's the power cable for both devices. And then there's a third power cable that goes to the laptop that I use to access the button bar and the callscreener. Every single thing was individually unplugged from everything else and then the wall. So what I'm assuming, because if we get conspiratory, I'm assuming some salesperson came into this room where I have set up my radio studio essentially, was having some phone call where they were talking about some really sketched stuff, looked over and went, I wonder if those microphones are recording and unplugged all this stuff. That's my theory, and I'm probably right, because if you don't understand the equipment, you might think that. So I have a surprise for whoever you are when I find you. So that's for me, and it's not chocolates either, or fly or anything nice like that. Surprise is I'm going to figure out who did it, and then tomorrow morning, when I'm broadcasting, I'm going to go into your office and I'm going to unplug everything, and that will require me to crawl under your desk so that when you come in and attempt to do your job none of your crap works. Surprise, which is far more which is which has far more bang for your buck than Heraldo opening Capone's vault. Okay, don't screw with the morning guy at o dark thirty in the morning, because we're vengeful and I think it'll be hilarious to do it to you. So other than or a ghost, that's the other ross. The other theory is a ghost. So what do you think? Oh, you know what, maybe it's the it's the curse of toot in Common. We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mocked me yesterday for bringing that up. By here we are, I didn't mock you.
Speaker 1: I explained that it was The tomb is a replica The actual sarcophagus is a replica of If you guys don't know, they have like a thousand of the thousand piece display of the items from Tuton Common's grave at the Biltmore this summer. And so we're talking about that, A ross immediately thought it must be cursed.
Speaker 2: But I didn't mock you, did I.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking after your safety. And you're like, that's ridiculous. And now look and now look how.
Speaker 1: Weak is the curse If it went from murdering everyone who walked in to unplugging my mic cables, like what kind of It's not even a curse at that point, is it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: They're tired, man, they've been around for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's a minor annoyance.
Speaker 2: Sure you tried cursing for you know, three thousand years or whatever it is?
Speaker 1: Well, no, because they only found the thing in what the twenties or the thirties or something.
Speaker 2: Is that three thousand years. It's sort of like the genie just being in the bottle forever. It's waiting, like here we go, and I.
Speaker 1: How amazing would it be if it can If it was like Robin Williams, man, you know how stoked I'd be. I have some questions for that dude anyway. All right, So it's either the two, the curse of toot in common or a salesperson who wanted to have a raunchy conversation. I don't know which it is, but I will find out and we will be right back. It's twenty one here on the CaCO Day radio program, phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Sorry, he'll pop up window. I'm like, what is happening now? But it's just telling me to update some stuff. By the way, Ross, did you see the email we got? That's probably them trying to catch us into doing somethinghere. They're like all of your laptops seed to be upgraded to the new Windows. Did you see that in your inbox yesterday?
Speaker 2: I think I saw something from the lady that sends out all the scams or something idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, By the way, just just to be clear, she doesn't actually send out scams. She sends out test emails so that she can then you know, if we click on something, she's like, dah, you feil for a scam. And I got to tell you some of it is downright diabolical. Yeah. Like they sent one out one time, Yeah, yea, you know the one I'm going to reference there.
Speaker 2: There's two of them. They sent it one one time where it was like, hey, your upcoming vacation has been canceled and yeah, and it looks like it's from the company, like the software in the program we use, and like a screenshot and you're like click here for whatever. And I looked at it. I was like hmm, And I remember I you know, I texted our boss at the time and I said, has my vacation been canceled? And He's like, no, everybody's emailing me or texting me. It's a it's a phishing thing to see if you're gonna fall for the scam. And the other one was like there was another one involving like.
Speaker 1: Your pay Yeah, like you get no money, no money, your money's yeah, like you're gonna be like paid for one hour in your upcoming check and you're like, yeah, yeah, enjoy enjoy being poor and not on vacation. Well in a way, if you don't have any money, then you can't You probably shouldn't go on vacation, right, So I saw that yesterday, and I'm like, my laptop will never get upgraded because it's probably true. I believe that that that the email is probably true because it's not asking you to click for anything. It's just informing you that this is a thing's gonna happen. But I'm also like, I don't feel like I'm gonna take the chance. I'm gonna I'll just give me a Windows ninety five.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: So anyway, just happened, And so I just got to pop up window from my laptop telling me that now would be a really good time to do the upgrade, you know, right in the middle of the show. So, uh, there you go.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: People have surprise theories from Iran here, I would prefer no surprise how's that, well, that that would be a good thing? What is this is the new thing with Democrats? A politician trager arrested. I'm assuming you're referring to the New York City comptroller, which, by the way, does anyone know what a comptroller does? Don't lie, you don't. So this jackass goes to where he knows that there's going to be immigration arrests in New York, locks arms with those trying to get arrested or to keep them from getting arrested, gets detained and arrested himself, and now he's so it's all so tiring, and I like, does it move the needle? Can I ask somebody who is is is more likely to vote for I guess a Democrat? Does it move the needle? When you see like, are you like, oh wow, that person was brave. They went down with a fotography crew, locked arms for about thirty seconds with this guy who's getting arrested themselves got arrested kind of but not really. And now I'm voting for them, Like how does that work? It just it it's so performative, and just to be clear, it's not a partisan thing. I hate it. I hate it all around. I mocked the crap out of Republicans or Democrats that do these little stunts. I'm just really bothered that it might work with some people. That's the part that kills me. Like when they had that Republican congressman and brought the snowball into the House chamber and he's like, see.
Speaker 2: There's snow outside. Here's some snow. I brought him from outside global warmings, not real.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what are you doing. It's December, bro of cour It's December and there's snow out.
Speaker 2: Nobody's that's not a thing. Or the guy who brought.
Speaker 1: In the uh KFC, right, remember remember the jackass you brought in the bucket of KFC to eat it because he was mad at Chick fil A? Who responds to things like this? Do you understand how simple you have to be? How you you a single digit IQ required to look at things like this and go, that person's fighting for me, that's my politician. So you know, when I see the comptroller getting himself arrested, the it's it's just it's it's stunts. It's all stunts, and I can't understand why they keep doing it. I can't understand why these Democrat politicians keep swearing too. I love swearing, don't get me wrong. The fact that I've not done it on the radio yet if you ever talked to me in person, especially if I'm relaxed, I probably I could. I could benefit from cleaning up my vocabulary, not gonna lie. And yet I saw Kathy Hokeel who who texted about or she tweeted about the arrest of the comptroller and went, this is.
Speaker 2: BS, but didn't say BS said.
Speaker 1: The whole thing or something like that. Some swear word in there. And the reason they're doing that is because of that poll we talked about where Democrat voters, when asked what do they think of their party, had a very low opinion. It was less but but you know, which is not unusual after you've lost a big election. But then they're like, well, what do you want? We want them to be tougher, we want them to be meaner. So swearing in tweets and stupid YouTube videos while they're eating tacos, that's not anything. That's not substantive, that's not a thing. You're not out accomplishing any there.
Speaker 2: Once again, they're trying to get that blue color vote again and there it's it's like a stair right, you know, like if I swear, the average guy is going to be like, hey, it is very insulting. Yes, that's what it is. Though, It's like, look, I'm a common man. I swear like you do.
Speaker 1: You know what it is. It's Hillary with the hot Sauce Cambria Hotel, which is owned by the same ownership group in Asheville and they own a bunch of other stuff too, but the the head of that company, the owner, Alex Fraga, is actually going to join us on the show today. That'll be coming up at eight o five so and that'll kind of that'll kind of complete the trifecta of what you know from a Buncombe County standpoint and the different various areas you know, builtmore village, downtown Ashville, like the River district there and the outlying areas of really the hardest hit under Helene uh with half of the casualties as you're probably aware, and so very look looking forward very much to speaking with him. And it was very awesome too that they came on board to sponsor this, so and we're gonna speak with them before that. I just want to be clear. So but you know, full disclosure and all that stuff. Uh oh what ross you got? You got something in your truck trap this morning? Look at.
Speaker 2: Truckload of blueberries? Like blueberries? Yeah, yeah, you make like smoothies smoothie action or now you put in some protein with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, look at that. Well you got a whole truckload, man, so you better get after it.
Speaker 2: You ever think that? So the surprise I ran, surprise Maybe they're the ones responsible for your cables. Maybe that was the surprise.
Speaker 1: You think that I ran in Their last gasp was to come to Ashville and unplug three cables.
Speaker 2: I can see them there.
Speaker 1: They sneak two power cables, two three mic cables and two power cables. They sneak in the unplug it and they're like free Palestine and they leave. What are they dressed as a camel So, I mean it's just two dudes. Would you rather be the front of the camel or the camel butt in the front? Well yeah, but think about it. If you're in a if you're in war, that's the part pointing at the enemy. So if you're the camel butt, you got a human shield in front of you. And you know how much they love human shields in the Middle East, Right, I feel like.
Speaker 2: This is like the South Park like human centipede thing. Now, you got to be smart man when you choose here.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you like Asian food, that was working out for you, right, wasn't it The dude from the the city Walk that was the front of the centipede and he kept eating like the craziest.
Speaker 2: He kept eating the craziest like pangle in. Right, He's like, do you want the vanilla paste or the right like the cuttle fish?
Speaker 5: Yeah, was like, yeah, what a great episode?
Speaker 1: Is that? The one? Is that the one that they.
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: You ever see the documentary that's like seven days to air or whatever it is that is It's only an hour long.
Speaker 2: It is a phenomenal documentary and it shows the process of putting an episode of South Park together because they do it in the span of like five or six days, right, most days seven days and and some some days they bring it to air like like they'll finish it and they'll bring it to air with twenty minutes to spare, whereas like shows like The Simpsons, at least back in the day when the documentary is made the Simpsons will take like, you know, one episode will take months, you know, yeah, a long time. And that's why South Park can be a lot more relevant to the news of the day because they're making it on the spot than in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to say the episode that they're making in that is the that one, because it's that and there's there's because there's two things going on in the episode. I think it's that one. It's hilarious whatever it is. But yeah, the whole process is very interesting if you ever get a chance to check that. Oh no, oh no, well that's uh, Ross, did you uh, I'm assuming oh wait it's cuddlefish and asparagus what our listeners knows exactly the episode? Yeah, go for the vanilla paste. Go for the vanilla paste.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So Stanley Cup? Do you watch the the uh the finals for hockey yesterday? Huh that's unfortunate. Oh man, and that's that is that? That's too bad? Ross? Did you see this? Canada didn't win the Stanley Cup again this year?
Speaker 2: I mean, how how long has it been since since they've won? Hockey is supposed to be their thing, right, like it's oh yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Got all the snow and the ice and then the hot you know even there like they're pulling the campaign for prime minister, and then then the way the marketing that they did to fight back against Trump when they you know, when all that was going on was uh you know, uh it was hockey references. I don't know if you know this, maybe people didn't if they're not into hockey. Literally they were hockey fighting references is how they would talk about their battle with Trump. So so it hasn't been that long, right, uh, Ross, do you remember President Clinton?
Speaker 2: I do, yes, way back in the nineteen hundreds, I believe that was president right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. So the last time that Canada has won a Stanley Cup was ninety three, so that's a minute. That's actually that's more years than there are hockey teams. And since Canada has what five teams, mathematically they should have won five of them if it's evenly distributed. But I understand it's not evenly distributed because hell, the Vikings haven't won a Super Bowl, so I know.
Speaker 3: How this goes.
Speaker 1: But you got five slots out of you know, thirty, and I think, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about it before, right, A lot of it comes down to, like, do you want to play in Canada and pay a ridiculous amount of taxes right, or go to Florida and I have to pay those taxes. I mean we saw that, the Bills saw this in football with Tyreek Hill, right, Tyreek was going to maybe go to New York, but he's like, I don't want to pay those taxes. And he went down to Florida and people gave him a tough you know they were they were like giveing him a tough time about it at the time, but like, oh, you're putting your your paycheck in front of your possibility for a Super Bowl. And he's like, hell yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you' and I mentioned this to you off the year. I don't know that we talked about it off the year. So one some politician who is I guess represents Edmonton, so that's where the oilers, right. He was bemoaning the fact that it's unfair because hockey players want to go play in like they want to go play for the Stars in Dallas, or they want to go play for the Panthers in Florida, right, And he's like, it's not fair because we can't compete. And his thing was not to have Canada not tax the crap out of people. His what he was demanding was that the NHL tax people or essentially have a have all the taxes paid into a big pool and then level all the players.
Speaker 2: So he didn't want like in equity tax or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Essentially, so if you if you played in Texas and you played in and let's say you played in Edmonton, right, and if you if you played and it was eight percent of was your local tax, then they would take eight percent from the Florida hockey players thing, put it in there, and then level it off so that the player in Canada would only end up with a four percent tax liability, and then the Florida player would pay four percent. They wanted to steal rather than just not taxing the crap out of their citizens.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on, they're not going to steal. They just want to move the money around a little bit, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, right, redistributing, Yeah, because that sounds better day Yeah, yeah, Well, look what happened to him, right? You know that there's a he was assassinated conspiracy theory, right, I've not heard that. Oh maybe I have, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm like, why would they not assassinate him till like ten years later.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it.
Speaker 1: If if you're worried that a guy is somehow, you know, the face of a political movement that you object to, do you not murder him for ten years?
Speaker 2: No, you murder him right away. Oh So they're saying, like Obama killed him because what the embarrassings.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's just Obama, you know, deep state, you know whatever, one of those generic things.
Speaker 2: But but I mean Obama won, so it really didn't matter at the time, right, Yeah, that's why you don't have to get around to killing him right away, because you already got what you wanted. So yeah, I tend not to believe that. That's my second That's the second craziest conspiracy theory I'm going to tell you about today.
Speaker 1: All right, So who did uh? Who did the the Canadians lose to yesterday?
Speaker 2: Well, another.
Speaker 1: Area of this world that is an absolute you know, really into hockey. You know, kids growing up skating around on that frozen lake Ross. Have you heard of the area called Florida? Have you the hockey mecca that is Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have, yes, Yeah, so you know how much they love hockey.
Speaker 1: You know, those kids growing up on the frozen ponds and whatnot, just skating around pretending to be Gretzky.
Speaker 2: I mean when you learn that's who you lost to when you when you learn to play in a frozen swamp. I mean, they just gives them an advantage from the beginning.
Speaker 1: And think about this too. Not only are you having to skate on the floor on the swamp, but at any moment, an ice skater could pop out, right, so you don't have to just look for defenders, right, whoever's on the other shift from you. At any moment, ice skaters pop right through the ice hoole.
Speaker 2: Right, would you rather, like, you know, personally, would you rather fight a moose or an ice skater?
Speaker 1: No, well, you know, or or both?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: A lot of moose down in Florida too, I think, I don't know, I'm not checking that, yeah, I mean, just kids have gone through.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about I'm not talking about the ice moose. I'm just talking about a moose. Oh regular moose. Oh, well that's different.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 2: How many ice skaters just one?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, so anyway, Uh yeah, way to lose the tea, way to lose the sport that requires everything to freeze. Two people who live where it doesn't freeze. But there's always next year, So you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: What was the last who is it?
Speaker 1: Who is it the Canadians? Who was in ninety three? Yeah, just looking that up, just like I just want you to have all the information. It's been that long. That's awesome. You're talking about first term Bill cleon.
Speaker 2: Ninety three. It's crazy, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people go because I have know, you know, not just first term. I'm talking first World Center, World Trade Center bombing, if you know, if we're trying to put this in, we're talking at Reno, Greece and people at Waco and about you know a few months later.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm taught.
Speaker 1: And that's how long it's been since Canada. Who's got five Bites at the Apples has been Pablo Escobar was still doing Pablo Escobar stuff in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: Here's one that will blow your mind.
Speaker 4: Ross.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else happened?
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety three, NFL Free agency was created.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's been that long.
Speaker 1: The first penniem chip was created. The modern computer, so they had the ability to run things like Windows. Windows ninety five wasn't a thing yet, which I referenced earlier in the show. It's been that long since Canada has won a Stanley Cup. You guys should quit. It doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Go back to you know, concentrate on the curl and lean in man. I wouldn't want to dwell on the misery that is being a hockey fan in the entire country of Canada, because that would be rude. But I did think that this would be a fun game. Ross, I want to play a game. I want you to tell me if the movie I'm gonna tell you is newer or older than the last Canadian Hockey championship, right, this will be a fun game.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay?
Speaker 1: I think so? All right, let's see here, do Unforgiven? Is that newer? Did that happen more recently or less recently? The release of Unforgiven? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think that was ninety two? Maybe maybe you are correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you nailed it there, two. So they have since the release of Unforgiven, the Canadians have won a Stanley Cup. Okay, all right, so uh let's see here do I got my little list here?
Speaker 2: All right? Batman returns, Batman returns. That would be let's see, that would be maybe like ninety four, ninety three, ninety four.
Speaker 1: Nope, that's also ninety two ninety okay, all right, Forrest Gump, the inspiration the inspiration for the haircut of that weirdo in Minneapolis, by.
Speaker 2: The way, that yeah, that's like ninety four.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, so Forrest Gump. The entire time Forrest Gump has existed, the Canadians have not won the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 2: Because that was a ridiculous year at the Oscars, because you had Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump and I think pulp Fiction up for Best Picture or something stupid and The Lion King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you have Forrest Gump, Shawshank, pulp Fiction, the Lion King. I think Clerks came out that year too, not that that was the Best Picture nominee, but yeah. So just to put that in perspective, Lion King, Forrest Gump, pulp Fiction, and Shawshank Redemption are newer since their release, the Canadians have not won a Stanley Cup. Read into that, what you will all right. Now, some people are like, what, don't come on, man, look at that. Yeah, but most of the people who play hockey or Canadian one. That's not true. Not to say there's not a lot of Canadian hockey players, but it's actually more embarrassing because the really good Canadian hockey players choose to not play for They could play for Canadian teams. Connor Bedard could play for a Canadian team. Every player from Canada the plays for the Carolina Hurricanes could play for a Canadian team. But they choose to And I don't begrudge them at all. They choose to play for other teams, whether it's financially motivated or more likely they want to win a championship. But if you got about five solid, top tier Canadian players that you could spread over a couple shifts, I'm talking like the Krem de la Creme, and they all made a conscious decision to dream team stuff because you know, Canadian patriotism, they could do that. So AnyWho, All right, I'll stop for now, but I'm sure I'll bring it up at some point in the future, very very soon. We're doing it live, doing it live to quote Bill O'Reilly, Oh, that would have been a fun drop for this. All right, that's on me. And when I say live, I mean live from the mountains, oh North Carolina. As we continue our broadcast, I'm up at iHeart Ashville, and we're up here. We've talked to a lot of great folks. We've got more that will be joining us coming up both today and through the rest of the week, and just really trying to put a spotlight on what's going on up here post Helene, because I know there's a lot of people such as myself who maybe haven't been up to the mountains since Helene, haven't taken the trip obviously going back last year, a lot of people for obvious reasons, we were so close to the storm.
Speaker 2: But now you know, things are open.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you a lot more is open than even I thought was going to be the case up here.
Speaker 2: And it is a testament to not giving up obviously.
Speaker 1: And you know, we've talked about all of the political side of this too, having to really really fight for recognition, help and then watching what people were willing to do to step up. I think there's a lot of people. I'm not going to tell you how much because that's not the point of this, but I think a lot of people were willing to financially step up and give I made a couple donations. I'm sure many of you did as well. Some of you did drive up and you put sweat equity into helping fellow North Carolinians. And it shows and it has paid big dividends for a lot of these areas. Now there are areas that still continue to struggle and are working their way back because they were victims of more than just the storm. They were victims of a changing topography, which is an amazing thing. I talked about the area over by Back Cave and Chimney over there, where you know, one of the things that we see in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of towns.
Speaker 1: Have these where you have like little stores and cafes and restaurants that are kind of built on stilts to kind of overhang some of the rivers and creeks. And a lot of the roads up in the mountains run adjacent to the water because it's a natural place to put a road because it carves out the bottom of a passageway. Those are gone in some instances and will not. They're not going to be able to build them back roads are going to be in different places. So being able to come out and see it and truly get a deeper understanding of what happened in our state has been. It's it's been emotional, man, because I look at places that I have been on a dozen different you know, a dozen different trips, and I realized that little cafe where I would go get breakfast whenever I would be in the particular area. You know, we all kind of get our favorite is not there, and now it's going to be over here, and maybe it doesn't come back. But for all of the all of the stuff that we did, even though we may not have lived up here in the mountains, the donations we made, the driving truckloads of you know, bottled water, maybe your church did something. The way that you can help now is, dare I say the fun way come up and do the vacation thing and if you you know, go to where you used to go, spend the money up here, because for so many of these communities, it is the lifeblood of how they exist and how they will continue to exist. And not just the city of Asheville, which is obviously, you know, really the biggest example, but all the little towns too, all those little places along the parkway that you go to that fudg shop at Little Switzerland, which is you're pulling there. You want to see the happiest kids you've ever seen. Pull into the Little Switzerland fudge shop there and watch them barreling out of the car. Man parents look at all haggard. They're just like, oh man, they're already out of control. Now we're going to stick fudging them. But you do it, and you do it because that's what you like to do. So this is this is this is how you give back. Now, this is how you help. Now. If you're on the fence, I would encourage I would encourage you to come up and I don't care where it is. Go where you used to go, do what you used to do, and maybe do some new stuff. Expand what it means to vacation. And would we have weather in the Triangle and the Triad like we got going on this week. I shouldn't have to twist your arm to want to come up in the mountains. It was it was downright pleasant. Ross Was it pleasant in Raleigh yesterday? Would you say it was pleasant outside? And yeah, if anything about it, say no, no, okay, not pleasant.
Speaker 2: It's getting stupid hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna stay up here. I live here now. Actually, I'm gonna go higher up. I'm gonna go to the top of Mount Mitchell and build a cabin. Do you think they'll have a problem with that since it is a state park thing? Maybe I'm not looking forward to that. We'll make fun of raced Agic later in the hour when he comes on to torture us. All right, what would you say your hobbies are? Ross? What are your hobbies? What would you say your hobbies are? I like gaming, I like lifting. I'm really big into like theology and the Bible at the moment. Yeah, well is that a hobby? What did you call it a hobby?
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's taking up a considerable amount of time. So all right, I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good good.
Speaker 2: Have you thought of recreational terrorism?
Speaker 1: Have not?
Speaker 2: What you know? I just I'm very busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe you don't. Maybe don't lift anymore? No, replace it with recreational terrorism. Have you thought of that? I haven't be easier on your muscles. Maybe I don't know, depending on how you're terrorism goes. Maybe get rid of the gaming. Have you thought it's not gaming and touching grass outside while you're committing recreational terrorism.
Speaker 2: I think they'd be a waste though, because I've invested so much money into that hobby that I you know, it'd be a waste of money, and that would be financially irresponsible in my part. Okay, I have to keep playing, all right, I'm so frustrated with golf this year. Maybe how quick that and start recreational terrorism? And I know what you're thinking, You're going, Casey, what the heck are you talking about? I'm talking about this thing I learned about yesterday from this absolute lunatic who decided to post a video that I'm sure has been forwarded to the FBI three thousand times.
Speaker 7: The only way anything's going to change in this country is if more people embrace recreational terrorism. There's been a lot of recent videos of ice raids, and I can't help but feel like there's all these empty rooftops here where citizens could go and show their appreciation for these literal Nazis terrorizing their commute. It is, they could go up there.
Speaker 2: And show their support.
Speaker 1: Okay, first, what makes terrorism recreational versus regular terrorism. I guess that'd be my I mean, I got a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: That's the first one. Well, first, he's a psychotic, maniac, lunatic. They should be locked up in prison for a long time. But anyway, rightly saying like, you know, if you have like a full time job and you can't commit, you know, all the way to the terrorism, it'd be like a part time gig.
Speaker 1: So part well, that would be part time terrorism.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like right, maybe if there's like a tier system, like full time, part time recreational more like volunteer terrorism.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm still trying to figure out what makes it recreational though, because I understand part time terrorism. You're busy, it's a side. You know, there'd be a terrorism side hustle. You know what I'm saying. Recreational you do when you when I used to think of the word recreational, you're doing it because you love it for the love of the game, so to speak. So I don't know, Also, you're culturally appropriating, sir, since clearly, uh clearly you're you're all aboard on this stuff. You realize that your culture ross you realize it's cultural appropriation what he's promoting too, Right, how's that? Who are the rooftop people? Who are the rooftop people as we learned during the Rodney King and LA riots. Oh okay, so the rooftop Koreans? Right, So this guy's taking jobs from Korean rooftop people.
Speaker 2: Do you follow that one guy on social on X there's the one rooftop Korean his name is something Moon, his last name is Moon. But he's crazy like he is. He's based as all hell, believe it or not, and he flies off the handle.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He's he's entertaining.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I've seen his stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know that this should be follow with the show. He's a good he's a good follow Okay, Yeah, this guy's This guy's taking you know, trying to take jobs from a Korean liquor store into convenience store owners.
Speaker 1: Because I think the dudes in LA this lunatic. Let's play Lunatic's audio one more time, shall we?
Speaker 7: Honestly, the only way anything's going to change in this country is if more people embrace recreational terrorism. There's been a lot of recent videos of ice raids, and I can't help but feel like there's all these empty rooftops here where citizens could go and show their appreciation for these literal Nazis terrorizing their communities. They could go up there and show their support.
Speaker 1: Okay, And here's the thing. I just want to be clear. I don't want anyone recreationally or otherwise going, hey, you know what, I'm gonna embrace some terrorism. But more I just want to point this out. I find it really amusing whenever I see the tough guy leftist protesters who think they will want to get into essentially a civil war with the Maga folk. Do you think that's gonna work out for you? Do you want? Do you you you wanna? You wanna go at like all the Hillbillies that live in Joco or Rockingham or one of the You don't want that, I say Hillbillies affectionately. You don't want to get into it in mass with those people.
Speaker 2: You want to mess with the with the mountain the mountain folk. I don't think so, Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah you want. When I was over in Waynesvill, you don't want you don't want that. You don't want the guys at that gas station that I stopped at yesterday when I was driving over there, which are all good old boys for lunch eating, you know what, they had like some sandwiches over in the gas station. They're all sitting there eating in their work trucks. Yeah, and they you know, they're they're got pipeline, their construction guys, all of that. You don't those guys. You don't have many guns they have. They have all the guns and they like shooting them, So don't do it. You ever noticed those videos where they have do you remember, like the Antifa where they were like training in the mountains, but they're all like a buck five, dripping wet, and they're doing like this weird Steven segall knockoff bad Ninja stuff and it's and they're serious. They're like, oh, we're getting ready for you. It's just you don't want this, sir. So as much as this fever dream enticed you enough to make this video, that probably got you on the radar of some government agencies, so good luck with that. I don't feel that it works out for you. Also, I kind of think that the other side's gonna have Arnold Schwarzenegger on their team. You don't want that either. I don't care how old the dude's getting, he's still he'll squish you. And also he will make the ladies the View said, I'll explain next here on the CaCO Day radio program, Arnold Arnold Schwartzeneger was on The View yesterday. Of course, you know, Arnold is the former governor, obviously Republican governor, but a California Republican governor. And it's you know, as far as a fealty to always being on one side of the issue or the other. You know, I've seen Schwarzenegger over the years really come down. You don't know where he's going to come down on stuff. But the ladies of the View, they must have thought he was going to be all about because you know, the California connection. He was going to be all about whatever they were pushing yesterday. And it was was kind of funny to watch the interview because it's clear while they thought that, it started going in a decidedly different direction when they started discussing the ice raids, the protests and all the rest. And you're gonna hear it. But also you got to understand, and this is a weird thing they do with the View where they start hands on you. And I don't mean like in a positive way, like, oh, he's praying, everybody put a hand on was pray for? No, They're like, it's the international view sign for shut up, and Arnold's not having any of it. I don't know how you thought that that was going to work.
Speaker 6: Listen to this now, if you are an immigrant, you're an immigrants country, did you have a visceral reaction to what they're doing, what is is doing when you see the videos of it? Well, I tell you you said that the immigrant I'm so proud and happy that I was impraised by the American people like that. I mean, imagine they came over here at the age of twenty one, but absolutely nothing. And then to create a Korea like that, I mean, in no other country in the world could you do that. Every single thing, if it's a bodybuild in Korea, if it's my acting Korea becoming governor, the beautiful family that have created.
Speaker 4: All of this is because of America.
Speaker 6: And so this is why I'm so so happy to see firsthand that this is the greatest country in the world, and this is the land of opportunity.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, And again this requires this this this thing that we do where we can't tell the difference between legal and illegal. So now they think, all right, Arnold's on our side, right, Well, not smart.
Speaker 6: But the key thing also is at the same time that you got to do things legal. That is the important thing, you know.
Speaker 4: So you've got to do things legal.
Speaker 6: And those people that are doing illegal things in America and they're there foreigners, they are not smart. Because when you come to America, your guest, and you have to behave like a guest, Like when I go to someone's house and I'm a guest, then that will do everything I can, keep things clean and to make my paid and to do everything that is the right thing to do, rather than committing a crime of being abusive with something like that. So that doesn't really work in this country.
Speaker 1: So I hang out. I just I'm gonna posit here just because I need a little more time for the rest of this clip. Seven thirty five and we are we're talking through some audio. I'm gonna grab a quick phone call too, because one of that kicked off all of the audio this morning was this guy who was promoting something called recreational terrorism, which again here.
Speaker 7: Here we go the only way anything's going to change in this country is if more people embrace recreational terrorism. There's been a lot of recent videos of ice raids, and I can't help but feel like there's all these empty rooftops here where citizens could go and show their appreciation.
Speaker 1: All right, so you get the gist of why this guy's on a list now, Probably first, don't do that, regardless of how you feel politically. Also, uh, as far as the rooftop goes the Korean, that's the Koreans. They got that, that's theirs. Okay, So in in in California based riotous or protest situations, the Koreans have it. So now you're culturally appropriating stuff too, so FYI are there. But also you don't want to I don't think you want to get into it with I do a bunch of dudes who do roofing all day, crawing roofs because uh uh they're probably better armed than you, probably a better shot than you too, So you don't think about think about what it is you're promoting, sir. All right, hold on, we have a recreation ross. We have a recreational terrorist on the Oh look at this. Okay, hold on, Anthony, what's up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do commercial rights stacy, and I'm on a roof seventy five percent of I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Be in there up on the roof all week.
Speaker 2: Oh, I ain't doing nothing of their recreationally, right.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a fair point too. Well, you got to embrace it, sir. What a great side hustle for you. Since you're already on the roof, right, clock it out and then you know, terrorize or whatever.
Speaker 6: So I clock out him getting off the roof. I ain't staying up there.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, Well, look you're if you ever, if you ever change your feelings, just know that this is the thing my friend. Okay, Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Okay, all right, we'll look at that. And he but ross he has to say that, you know, right, He can't be like, yeah, that's what I'm doing. So I get what's up. It's okay, Anthony, we won't help you. So anyway back to this, Arnold Schwarzenegger's on the view. They hit him with the you're an immigrant, don't you hate Donald Trump? Uh? And what he's doing a line of questioning, which is kind of what you expect from the view, and again it is this thing where we are we have an inability to recognize that there's legal and illegal immigration. And regardless of whether you want all the immigrants or you want no immigrants, the discussion as to a legal means is a healthy discussion, right, all right, So what should the laws be? And normal people would say, and the polling backs this up that if we have laws, that we should follow laws. Pretty common sense, and it is the majority position that being said, when they think they got Arnold, they don't realize they don't have Arnold because after he says, look, I'm an immigrant, it was thank you guys for embracing me. What a career I built here. The fact remains that Arnold immigrated to the US legally, eventually became a citizen, became a governor. Bill Burr, who, by the way, that guy's just off the deep end now. But he has a great bit that he did as part of one of his comedy specials where he's talking about Arnold and that story where he hooked up with his housekeeper, Right, you remember that when he was okay, and they're like, why would you hook up with the housekeeper your Arnold and Basically the crux of the bit is, if you're Arnold Swartzenegger, you think you can do whatever you want because you've been in the zone your entire life, right, Like.
Speaker 2: The bit was, how could he do that, you know, in his own bedroom with the maid? Obviously you'd get caught and they're like, well, no, because he's been in the zone for decades, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go to America and nobody can understand what I'm saying and become an actor. Right, I'm gonna marry a Kennedy. Right, It's just there's a whole list there. It's really funny, right, like on.
Speaker 2: The amazing things that Arnold has pulled off in his life, right, you would think, like, you know, cheating on his wife with the maid in his own and you know, in his bed, right is, yeah, would be at the bottom of the list there, because he's pulled off so many incredible feats.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it so I would encourage you to listen to it if you ever come across it on Twitter there. But but that being said, it's what Arnold then starts to explain to the ladies, and you can hear, especially at the beginning of this cut you hear them kind of. I can't remember exactly what they say. We'll play it again here, but you can hear where they they immediately realize that they're not getting the answer they thought they were.
Speaker 2: There's like ah, and they try to touch them and try to interrupt him and change the conversation. You're trying to alt alpha, Arnold?
Speaker 1: Are you had good luck with that? What was What were you telling me about the video you saw of him recently of back or the picture when he was still doing the fitness competitions.
Speaker 2: So I saw this video yesterday, so you know, X does what it does, and that becomes my entire timeline. Right, you look at something for too long and that becomes here, or you like something once and that becomes your entire timeline for a while. So I like this post about him on the view, and then I saw one that populated where it was Arnold standing on the podium doing like you know, pose from the back in like nineteen seventy seven. I believe it like mister Olympian or something. People don't understand how his muscles had muscles on top of muscles, like I don't how do you even work out the fourth muscle coming out of your shoulder. I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: Ex Well, if you don't understand how to do that, you should give up lifting and take up recreational terrorism.
Speaker 2: I like at that.
Speaker 1: You just made the argument for it. All right, Let's let's go ahead and play the entire response because it's just great.
Speaker 6: But the key thing also is at the same time that you got to do things legal. That is the important thing. You know, you got to do things lead those people that are doing illegal things in America, and they're the foreigners, they are not smart because when you come to America, you're guest and you have to behave like a guest. Like when I go to someone's house and I'm a guest, then that will do everything I can, keep things clean and to make my path and to do everything that is the right thing to do, rather than committing a crime or being abusive or something like that. So that doesn't really work in this country. So I think the important thing is when you become an immigrant to think about, Okay, I go to America because I'm going to use America for the great opportunity just that America has in education, in jobs, creating a family, all of this kind of things, then you have to think about, Okay, if I get all of those things from America, then I have to give something back. You have a responsibility as an immigrant to give back to America and to pay back to America, and to go and do something for your community for no money whatsoever. Give something back to after school program especially what's like whatever it is may just prod be.
Speaker 2: A blob, all right, So so they're not digging on that answer, not at all.
Speaker 1: And there's and again there's something hilarious about if you, like Arnold was a guest at your house and you wake up, you're like, is that bacon cooking? Right? You come out, he's dusting stuff, making an omelet right. I just for some reason that visual is funny to me that Beings said he's not wrong. And what's even crazier too, is like the view the audience is clearly divided because it's about half of them clapping, and normally they're clapping it like seals at whatever those ladies say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the crazy thing that's not a radical in view.
Speaker 1: No, that's where if you believe polling, that's where most people are at. Man, it's not crazy. Also, I got this this discussion on an argument with somebody. Uh the actually literally the other day we were talking about accents. Another radio guy was talking to and because they were asking me like this, why don't we have an accent?
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah, it's kind of a little Texas with soft southern. It's but it's not a it's not a big thing. I don't know how to describe it.
Speaker 1: But we were talking about where this guy was from. You know, he had he had a New York accent, and when you do radio, especially when you do radio different places, your accent softens if you're outside of kind of where your normal thing is. And also you may pick up a little of the local accent. I arguably picked up a little a bit of a Minnesota accent when I was up there for like ten years. And then the example he goes, but he goes, he goes. It's weird though, because there's somewhere like their accent never goes away, and some do. And the example was Arnold, And I said, Arnold probably could have flattened his accent, but he wouldn't because he wouldn't be Arnold anymore. Do you know what I'm saying? Can you imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger without an accent.
Speaker 2: You ever see like the you know, the original Conan movie that he was in where they over dubbed his voice right with like yeah, super americ, like no accent at all, and it's so d it's it's like, it's not Arnold. It's bad, and like, why don't just you go back and watch it, And you understand why at the time, because he was so new and people didn't know it was Arnold, right, But you go back and watch it and you're like it makes you uncomfortable because you're like, that's not the dude.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't get to If he couldn't say get to the Choppa the way that he says it, it wouldn't be Arnold talking. So in all seriousness, I think that he made a conscious decision not to improve his accent. As weird as that sounds, Look, I know people. I know people from I'll give you an example yesterday, literally yesterday at the hotel where I'm staying at actually it's the hotel next their own by the same In fact, we're going to talk to the guy who owns the hotel coming up here in about twenty minutes. His manager is this really nice woman. We were putting together some plans for some broadcast stuff that we were doing, and she has a hint of an Australian accent, just a hint, And I asked her, even though I guess you're not supposed to, I'm like, am I picking up Australian? And she was telling me the story and all that.
Speaker 2: Again, such a nice lady.
Speaker 1: Clearly she's lost most of it though, unless you kind of hear it in the background. And that happens to some people. But for Arnold you couldn't do it because you wouldn't be Arnold anymore.
Speaker 2: You could make the same argument even for someone you like American like Sylvester Stallone. Right, you could send him to like a speech class. But correct, you're going to ruin what makesly slide? Yeah, everybody can do it. You immediately know how to impress it, impersonate him. Yeah, raced agic actually French. I don't know if you guys know this. So we got rid of we we yeah, got rid of the accent.
Speaker 1: Actually he's not French, he's whatever whatever country where they like it. When it's one hundred and fifty degrees.
Speaker 4: Right that, yeah, deal on the headline again.
Speaker 1: Goodness, what people weren't going to know it's hot out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all over the inner webs, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm just talking to somebody yesterday that I was talking about a Bermuda high and the innerwebs, and they're kind of like, what are you talking about Bermuda? I mean, haven't you heard the term Bermuda high.
Speaker 2: I've heard of people going into Bermuda and getting high.
Speaker 4: Right, But yeah, show sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for you to mess up heat index again.
Speaker 4: Or in disease. He didn't decease.
Speaker 8: If there's more than whether it's just one heat it depends, it's because I'm talking about multiple places, so it would be he didn't decease. Maybe at one hundred today the heat index at or over one hundred, a few clouds otherwise, sunny and hot today, little bit nineties. Tomorrow we may throw a couple of showers thunder showers around, but the same in terms of temperatures. I mean for the triangle, we could have a ninety five ninety six today tomorrow, try it maybe low nineties. The way you slice it, that's hot. Then we will get this front to come through. We have a swee weather, weather, a severe.
Speaker 1: French second language, second language.
Speaker 8: I'm trying. I'm trying tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow evening. So we'll have to run into that, and that may actually give us a little break. Friday, mid upper eighties sunshine may be a little less humidity. We're gonna crank it up Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, mid upper nineties. Heat in dexat er over one hundred. Summer comes in ten forty two Friday night, first full two days of summer. Saturday Sunday's gonna be hot, dangerously hot for some too. So let's not just say hey hot. We can go out of the pool. We got in the lake, we can go do stuff. Just be careful out there. It's gonna get into that day interestly hot category.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's all ac all day. If you're smart, Thank you, sir, appreciate it. Okay, you go raced agic from the weather channel. Yeah, not a good day for rooftop recreational terrorism. I'll tell you that. Seven forty eight. Hang on, coming up here at eight oh five, we're going to I've been talking about the hotel. I was staying at there's two of them Cambria. Hey, we're gonna talk to the guy who owns the place and just really get a sense of because we talked about Biltmore Village, that area what they call the rad District and downtown and really the impact and what happened with Helene and where everybody's at downtown Ashville was banging. Would I showed up on Sunday, which of course was Father's Day. It looked like it looked like when I've got been to Asheville in the past. So we'll get the perspective of downtown. We'll talk to the owner there, coming up here at eight oh five, but real quick, this all right? So Ross, do you know what the runestones are up in Minnesota, Michigan and up into Canada. Have you heard of these things?
Speaker 2: I have none?
Speaker 1: You I heard of the runstone all right? So I think most of them are bs right where they're just like because they think there's this yeah where they think the Vikings like went all the way into Minnesota and the did runestones. I never bought into it.
Speaker 2: And they're like tablets and stuff with these with this writing on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the farmers Field. So they found in like a Canadian force just north of the up up there in Michigan, they found this this what they thought was a runestone. It's not a runestone. They tried. They finally excavated and translated it, and they thought they thought they had found like the Vikings made it all the way to just north of Michigan. There they translated you know what, it was the Lord's prayer. The Lord's prayer and not Viking hieroglyphics. What they think it was is Swedish workers who were hired by the Hudson Bay Company, but I guess got bored and decided to carve the Lord's Prayer.
Speaker 2: Into this giant stone. So it's kind of based what they found up there.
Speaker 1: But I was kind of following this because I had like an unhealthy interest in the runestones when I was working in Minnesota. But no, according to the Ontario Center for Archaeological Education who handled the translation, just Swedish shipping workers. Guys were working off the gun flint in Minnesota, logging, trapping, doing all sorts of stuff, just carve with the Lord's prayer. And there's apparently like four other stones they found. So we will see what's going on there? Let's see here therees it four other No, I'm sorry, it's three other stones for total, so but yeah, not Nordic ruins.
Speaker 2: Where do you tend to lie in that? Do you tend to lie like the one the farmer found? Do you think it's like a hoax, like he did it or do you think?
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't think necessarily that farmer did it, because it's like this guy and his wife, if you know the story. I don't think he did it. I think somebody did it and they weren't wearing pelts, and they didn't just you know, ravage and rape and pillage a trading post in Greenland before they did it, you know what I'm saying. I don't think it's quite that old, but it's cool. I've actually seen some of the stones. And then after that happened, after that stone was unearthed like eighty years ago or whenever they found it, then all of a sudden, all these other farmers and like central Minnesota's like I found a stone too, and they're clearly fakes, they're not real. But because I think there was like one hundred and ten stones or something, some crazy number but yeah, that's just people. I don't know if they thought they'd get more money or just get their face in the paper or what. But once again, not a ruined stone. Over a week long broadcast out here in western North Carolina, and I'm very happy to introduce someone who's helping to make this a possibility. Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Huh sorry, it literally just kicked my callscreener. There, ah, there we go. All right, we're back.
Speaker 1: So Alex Fraga is the owner of quite a few establishments in Ashville, but is come aboard to help post. He is the owner of the Haywood Park Hotel, which I'm staying at, the Caverria Hotel, which I will be staying at there directly next to each other, right in the heart of Asheville. It's a couple of blocks from the Basilica if you kind of know where the area is there and several restaurants, and we were just have this great off the air conversation that I want to kind of continue into.
Speaker 2: Alex, Good morning, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, give me give me a favorite. Just pull that mike just a little closer to you there, all right, good, Yeah, that's perfect right there, so we were just we were talking about what you guys had to do, as you know, center city business owners following Helene. And that's where I want to start this conversation because I have I've been to Biltmore Village area, the rad area, saw the water line on the building down there, and depending on where you were in Ashville, it was a very different experience the day of and then you had to kick into the community experience post. So let's let's start with did you And I've asked everybody this. You knew it was coming, right, you're tracking, they get the weather, the spaghetti models with the hurricane, and they're predicting. They were predicting a lot of rain. When did it start to exceed what even you thought that you guys were going to see up here.
Speaker 9: Well, first again, thank you for having me and that education earlier. For the roomstones, hey man, rootstones are cool.
Speaker 1: I love history.
Speaker 3: So I'm originally from South Florida.
Speaker 9: I moved here twelve years ago, but coming back and forth since two thousand and two. I first was surprised, generally, I mean completely surprised because I never thought hurricane and ashe actual would be in the same sentence, It didn't hit.
Speaker 3: Me, Casey until the next day. The day after during the storm, I was up all night.
Speaker 9: I'm married, and I have four kids, and they're older my kids as far as you know, one already finished school, so he actually lives in South Florida working down there and after in school. And my wife happened to go down there for I forgot something that she had to go down there for. And I was here stuck with my daughter, and so it's just her and I in the house, and I was just looking at my backyard going crazy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: I think we lost something like twenty five trees, but I really didn't actually get the just.
Speaker 2: So exactly what's stroing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I grab her, my daughter because of the businesses that you mentioned and everything else, and I and we were able to get on twenty six, which was eerie because we were the only ones on twenty six.
Speaker 1: And that would be a first. Actually, every time I've been on twenty six, I'd never been the only one.
Speaker 9: I had a flashback of COVID times, but yes, and I ended up going to drive up to the river, and that's that's when it hit me hardest. And when you you know, everybody that was here at that time or near that time can inhale what happened. I don't think you can totally get it until you know. I was there with my daughter and you know, she was a senior in high school, you just finished graduating, and you know, uh, it totally changed her perspective and the next thing you do I did.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I I got to downtown and I walked in. We had guests.
Speaker 9: That were staying there right and guests you know throughout uh, you know with we have the Heywood Park Hotel and the Country in the Sweeten their Westgate, and I walked into every lobby. Of course, we had no power in no water, and even then I thought maybe in a couple of days everything of the lights would turn back one uh, and of course they didn't, and so I went into so I immediately called the you know, my vice president, the managers and everybody put got into the huddle. We can spoke to anybody we can and said listen, uh, luckily we still have power in downtown.
Speaker 3: And so at that time we had as bistro MH and we have him and Waste Cuba. So I'd walk in coolers. We need to feed these people. We need to you know, you know, forget about trying.
Speaker 1: To not just your people.
Speaker 2: I want to be how many employees do you do you have between all of your stuff.
Speaker 9: At this moment? I mean, I peak, I guess you could say two hundred and twenty five. So I mean at this point, at this particular time, I was two hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it's not just your family you're thinking about it, think about everybody, hundreds of people, and then everyone, you know, right, you.
Speaker 9: Know where I remember my daughter speaking to family saying, you know, I don't know where we're going to go, how we're going to get there. I don't know if I have a home, I don't know, you know, if we can even drive there. All they have is what's on on their backs. And we continue to grab the food and start cooking. But but we didn't have water.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, so well you did just not the water you wanted.
Speaker 3: Well, at that time, we had zero water.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I just mean in the community, yeah right right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then uh I didn't, so how do we do this?
Speaker 9: So we had water they had in house, So we cooked everything because the gas worked, and then I took everything home and I would do shifts.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing is how do you flush toilets? Yeah? Uh so uh and I and I'm not talking.
Speaker 9: Just look, this is the community all came in together, and we all helped everybody, and whoever was in my position, pretty much everybody I spoke to one hundred percent did the same thing. So we happened to have the country in sweets, which as an indoor pool.
Speaker 3: So what did we do.
Speaker 9: We got five gallon tanks pulled up to pickup trucks and floor to floor flushing toilets. I'll give them garbage bags, construction bags. Do your business. I'll come back later and pick it up.
Speaker 3: And you know, I it was. It was tough.
Speaker 9: It was really really tough. But we got through it. And you know, instead of saying why, you know, you roll up your sleeves and you go forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And it was an incredible experience. And I went through a hurricane. The worst hurricane that i've at that time before was Hurricane Andrew ninety two.
Speaker 2: Because you're from South Florida, because they're.
Speaker 9: From South Florida. And I remember telling once we were back on the grid, a you know, a week or two weeks later, telling everybody from South Florida and my family there. They're still there.
Speaker 3: This is worse. You know, this is much.
Speaker 1: It's got to blow their mind.
Speaker 9: They were you know, you know, they blew their mind. Ye, I can't believe you're telling me this. And it was because water will received.
Speaker 3: In inland and then leave right it didn't leave.
Speaker 9: And if you recall, we had a storm for three days prior to this, two days prior, three days prior.
Speaker 1: For three days, you saw the trees all down. When you're coming into the studio, we're on top of a hill. I just want people that we're on top of a hill because our radio towers are up here and I'd never seen anything like that. And I look, there's there's there's people that I've spoke with here who really they're like, oh, you shouldn't talk so much about the damage. Just talking about but you need to understand how bad it was, so you understand how amazing it is that I show up Sunday in downtown Ashville and it's like every other time up into Ashville. I go up to your restaurant and there's a twenty minute wait to go sit on the patio because you guys had so many people in there eating. So to go from that to where we are with so many of these communities and not all the communities are there yet, not even all parts of Ashville is there yet. It is really a testament to what you guys were able to pull off.
Speaker 9: So yeah, in the beginning, we had to somehow, we had to shake the tree and make everybody aware, from local, regional, state, federal, and.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not going to get.
Speaker 9: Into politics, but really nothing's happened, right, And so that's another thing that roll up sleeves. And you know I used to tell my kids that when they played soccer. You know, if you have your hands up looking for a call while you missed the play, you can't recover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: So I can't leave put your palms up.
Speaker 9: You gotta roll up your sleeves and like I said earlier, move forward and figure out another way to get through this. That's one message. Now that message got a little bit more out of control. But just by the common knowledge of the world. I mean, you go to Charlotte, people are like, are you sure we should go to Ashell?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: This is why we're here.
Speaker 3: By the way, I appreciate that This is why I've had so.
Speaker 1: Many people tell me that they went every year to the mountains, they should they go this year, maybe not this year, And I'm like, no, they need it now more than ever.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and so many mark my dad used to say, there's two kinds of marketing. A shotgun and a sniper approach. You know where about twelve hours away from fifty percent of our country? Okay, yeah, all right, that's you. That's your shotgun. Well, coming in a little closer, let's go half a day, all right, I mean six hours. Yeah, and that should be our snipper because either spoken about coming to Asheville or they've been to Asheville. Well come make that memory that you've always wanted to or make another one.
Speaker 1: What's the What's the when people call your hotel and talk to your employees? What are they What are they asking?
Speaker 3: What they asked the same questions that you've been asked? What's open? What can we see? Are the trails open?
Speaker 1: The parkway open?
Speaker 3: Parkway open?
Speaker 2: Email that it is open, by the way, Yes it's open, and so.
Speaker 3: Are the trails. So it's downtown.
Speaker 9: So so are so many places that in restaurants you know, the the the breweries, everything can Some are yes, of course, some have been hit and it's gonna take some time to recover. But the businesses that are open today so many marketing words without selling desperate. Is that they that this is the time they need you the most. And we're look at the weather that were happening. It's still beautiful out here. I mean, we have nine months of beautiful weather. All the trails where you come here for the summer, if you've been in the past, it's it's exactly.
Speaker 3: What you want.
Speaker 1: It's it's and it's everyone's melting down in where we broadcast down a triangle triad. So I was I was joking with you. I'm like, I'm not gonna leave you guys, are gonna have to force me out of town man until this weather subsides, because I don't want to drive down the mountain. And it was really funny too. I was talking to a woman from the Biltmore Village area yesterday and she said that one of the questions she gets, but this speaks to how people make memories and have traditions, is the fancy McDonald's is that open right right?
Speaker 2: It's with the the baby yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's but but it's it's a testament to the memories and the annual traditions that people have.
Speaker 2: I've got my spots, right, I got my spots that I like to go on the regular.
Speaker 1: And you know, there's a couple of places I like to camp, and there's uh, there's some places I love to eat, and and you know little cafes that are off the way if you do the Parkway thing or the fud shop at Little Switzerland. I was using an example earlier. So anyone who is part of those businesses, once you who call them and ask if they're open and what's going on, you're not going to bother them. So let me ask you and I kind of ask other people this. Clearly, you're in a competitive business, right, so you have hotels, your competitors have hotels, You have restaurants the other ones that all disappears, that all disappears.
Speaker 3: It's collaboration.
Speaker 1: So what what is what is something that that when when you guys were saying, did you guys have meetings as business owners? Immediately like, how how are we going to do this heavy lift all at once? Not just cleaning mud out and figuring out plumbing issues, but really how how can we do this better? And are there ways that you're doing things? But from a business perspective now, I don't want to say taking lemons and making lemonade, but that that allowed you to really adapt and and and maybe best practices going forward to make things either more efficient or more appealing to people.
Speaker 9: It's a great question. I mean the first thing that we did as a company is get together with other small businesses, not just hoteliers, not just restaurants, but small business owners. You know, like the e bike tour guy who lost everything in the river. You know, what's that guy going to do? How can we get him back in business? How can we raise money for him? Or the ice cream shop or you know, what are we going to do? It was also it was survival mode, but at the same time, like I said before, we got to be proactive and what we do so we do a collaboration together and what we can bring the message out well yelling and screaming, but bring the message to how these businesses.
Speaker 3: So we do partnerships with everybody. And yes, so it was a task force that we put.
Speaker 9: Together with you know, and from meeting commissioners, to the mayor, to you know, you know, the small guy to the biggest guy in town. Yeah, you know, and I have to mention names, but everybody, you know, we we did it. We met once a week four months and what we did is try to figure out what do we have to do next. I spoke a little bit based on my experiences with hurricane. I mean I was only ninety two, I was only twenty years old, but you know, I remember the experience my father, who was you know, developer at the time, what he did, how he did. I even called Homestead, Florida, which is south of Miami right got devastated. I mean they got plowed during Hurricane Andrew. I called that mayor of that time and who is now. He's in Minnesota, I believe, and he called me back and you know, gave me some advice and I mean not to go on about what had hit and how hurt everybody is. But we need help on that end. As far as we don't need other we need additional loans, we need grants and especially you know the small business owner. And that's why they need you here more than anything is you know, it's it's so different goal to describe what everybody is going through, although it's all the same, you know what I mean the same is you know, the the immediate impact that I had on you. Family First, Okay, are they safe this and that? I mean I know families that are not here anymore, right, Uh, you know that's that's devastating. Hell I I lost twenty two trees in the back of my house, so what.
Speaker 1: And that's that's what's crazy. I mean, that's everybody has their own experience and you feel guilty saying that, correct because of what they hit. I got about a minute and a half. And there's just two things I want to touch with you real quick. One that room that I'm saying in over it, Hey what that should be two rooms? You're you're losing money, dude. I'm not saying that just to be nice because you're a spot. That thing's that thing's insane.
Speaker 3: So you don't rent hotel rooms per foot though.
Speaker 1: I get lost in that bathroom back there. But just lastly, just real quick, when the Amie started showing up and building stuff like that blows my mind, man. And they're still here. They're still here doing that. So the ways in which and many of my listeners helped. They drive trucks of water up there. They came up and cut trees and all that. This is the fun way to help.
Speaker 3: And I mean one thing I will add is what we did. Also, we teamed up with.
Speaker 9: Beyond the Borders and Western North Carolina Rescue Mission at Westgate. We had a big empty space. We collected all food goods, cans, clothes that probably gave away about three million dollars worth of you know, trucks coming from even South Florida, my family and this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to cut you off here. I got a heart break, I got a hit.
Speaker 2: Alex rago with us.
Speaker 1: The fun way to help is what you have done in the past, and that is to take that vacation and enjoy the food, stay in the hotels, hike the trails, drive the parkway, and if you got questions, as you heard Alex say, call and ask. They love to answer. Alex, I really appreciate you joining us this morning. Okay, Well that they can add one with thing real you got five second.
Speaker 3: It's fun. That's the word. It's it's a small, little three letter word, but it's a huge word.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask it during the interview with Alex there and then I forgot, Uh that's on me. Uh, but this was actually a question. So it's one of our listeners was wondering, what's the state with Mount Mitchell right now? It's my understanding, so I asked, I did ask Alex off the here. So it's closed, but Mount Mitchell didn't close. Isn't closed because of Helene actually, which I didn't realize. I knew it had been closed, and I just assumed it was closed because of Helene, but actually it was because of some they had ice and snow that damaged it over this last winter, so I I did not know. So there there that is that is still the case. So to answer your question, there but the parkway itself and uh most of the those are open. But again just you know, reach out and reach out and ask. It's it's really that simple that he said. If you guys want to call it and ask his people anything you want, they're happy to answer. Okay, all right, a couple things as we roll through the final half hour of the of the show. Here out in California, they decided to introduce a new what's this called No Secret Police Act. This is this is super.
Speaker 2: Performative and I don't frankly, I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know if this is enforceable in California when as it pertains to federal agents, because there there are certain in the course of the federal government carrying out their duties, and I can't remember the term for this, there is a legal concept where the states can't. They have to be very careful in what the state can require of the federal government if it's supposed to be part of their core duties. Right, this is a new rated power stuff. So in the state of California, some local lawmakers have introduced a bill that would make it illegal for law enforcement to wear masks.
Speaker 2: Through in the course of their duties. But this isn't There's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of reasons law enforcement might wear a mask that have nothing to do with even the current ice stuff that's going on there. Right, they could wear a mask because they're in it's a hazardous situation. They've shown up and the police are needing to be there. But they also need some sort of protection for their lungs. Like what they introduced is is really basic, but it's California, so as crazy as it sounds in any other state, you know, like in Minnesota when I was working there in the North Carolina during my you know, decade and a half here, I have seen where the party that is out of power, will you know, they'll introduce some crazy bill. And it's not that they think the bill is going to pass. It's to get the news cycle and show that they're doing something right. And by the way, it works both ways, right. So up in Minnesota, where the Dems were running everything for a lot of years, the Republicans would put these performative things knowing that they're not even going to get a hearing. California, this is the kind of stuff that they pass on a Tuesday. So I don't know what's gonna happen, but I have to assume that frankly, this thing would be almost unenforceable and likely wouldn't survive an honest court hearing. I guess if you judge shop enough, by the way, the guy doing it is that Scott Wiener dude up in San Francisco, And this is kind of hism o. He's the guy. He's the guy who successfully killed a bill that would have made what was it would have made it a felony to have sex with children in older children over the age of sixteen, rather than like a gross miss demeanor, which I think is way. The law still works, and it's only in certain circumstances, but it seemed like a no brainer. He successfully fought that off. So the guy's a little out there with the stuff that he makes his pet projects, but he's got some pretty good name recognition, so I guess we'll go ahead and see how that goes, all right, I wanted to update you on that as well. R Kelly. R. Kelly apparently had to be rushed to Duke University Hospital because, according to the reporting here, he odeed in prison and now he think, he says that prison officials are trying to kill him. Let's see, so cause you see the od and I guess and you think he got a hold of some like heroin or something up in there. But according to Kelly, let's see, in his lawyers, prison staff gave Kelly an amount of medicine that could have killed him. I don't know that that's confirmed, right, I don't know that that's that that is actually confirmed, that is from his lawyer, But either way, he spent a couple of days over there, and I why would they be trying to kill you. And and by the way, R. Kelly's not even the highest profile dude up in Butner Man, right, We've had some we've had some big boys through there. And I also I appreciate that some of you listen up at Butner because I've gotten the emails where they say a prisoner wants to send you something, which I didn't realize was the thing from from Buttoner. And I know that we got some the guards up there that listen because they've they've I had some questions, and a couple have been very nice to fill me in on like how the dorms work up there, because I don't know if you guys know this. The dorms that are kind of segmented by crime are based on ACC schools, which means like one ACC school and I ca'tmeraer which one it is is where all the sex offenders are.
Speaker 2: So so they're like tables at Alehouse.
Speaker 1: What yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, except instead of you and your family getting onion rings, it's for sex offenders or for drugs or financial or whatever. Yeah, they got the different dorms or the different ACC schools. I'm just I'm just wondering how you picked which poor acc school had to be the sex offender wing. I feel bad. I can't remember which one it is, which is probably for the for the better. Let's see here, how do you heal R Kelly if you get a jellyfish sting?
Speaker 2: No, I actually looked into this. He'd probably like that. Oh, they're running it like experimental therapy there but at Duke. I don't know if if it's at Duke or a button, but I know, like this is what I was reading about, Like this is how they're trying it. It's some sort of weird like you know, like for physical therapy they put people in like pools and stuff like water, Yeah, saltwater tanks and similar thing. But it involves dolphins.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, stop it, stop it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling me, no.
Speaker 1: Love this audio cut, but my body, my body telling.
Speaker 2: Me, I can't believe the use we've gotten out of that cut after like twelve years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, I was just gonna load the wait, where's the info? Hold on? What was the dumblin you're bringing up?
Speaker 2: Bar Kelly? We're gonna use the dolphin R Kelly audio. So even if we'll find a way to fit it in.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen, ten years man February of twenty fifteen. For those of you who don't know, For those who don't know, the story that started all of that, that that audio cut is a dude who's a dolphin trainer who they did a thing on him and he mentioned hooking up with a dolphin.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how R.
Speaker 1: Kelly got attached to it. I think it's just because it's you know, it's one of those making love songs there. But that's how that happened. That's and and we have been able to use it probably twice a year for ten years. Yeah, and there's a good chance listen if there's a chance that R. Kelly could hear that, right, maybe he's a kaff fan. Maybe I just want him to hear what his works. Yeah, yet suit getting sued so bad all of that, we got licensee Oh you do all right? So uh anyway, yeah, so uh, but but I wanted to I want to point it out because I think a lot of people saw that story and they assumed he was like he got a hold of some drugs in prison, blah blah blah. But they're claiming that they gave him a bad dose of medicine or too much medicine, uh for the ode. But again that's also what his lawyer's saying, So take it for what it's worth, not like somebody at the like, not like a group of people in the prison, but the actual prison. Yeah, whoever administers medications at butner. So that's a big charge. And and and who knows. Maybe somebody made a mistake and uh, but also maybe not, maybe somebody just doesn't want to say that they were doing drugs in prison, you know, which is another possibility. So whatever it is, Uh, I guess maybe we'll find out. Maybe not all right, eight forty four, Speaking of find it out, apparently apparently too many people have been f a and around and now we're f oing from a weather. We'll chat with Ray here momentarily on that. But ah, it is getting it is getting melty out there, and that's uh, that's going to continue, all right.
Speaker 2: What is it's going on?
Speaker 4: Somebody's somebody's talking we wee huh uh huh uh huh. Oh I had thought somebody also say Chris spilled the tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say Chrissan.
Speaker 4: Crossan Croissan.
Speaker 1: No, it's Cora man go home.
Speaker 4: Man. Yeah, you know you sowhere on that. Yeah, I am yeah. I thought somebody was was spiling the tea.
Speaker 1: So what's the tea?
Speaker 8: Oh well, we'll talk to Mark. I thought he was tell him that Ross. We had a bump in with the accordion. And see what Mark says about spilling.
Speaker 1: The Mark who's literally in the studio next to.
Speaker 4: Me, Yes, right in the studio, maybe yelled down the hall.
Speaker 1: We're still gonna screw with you. At some point this week, we'll time you out.
Speaker 4: It'll happen, probably, but and it could be Friday, that could be the day.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, Yeah, that's how these things go. So uh yeah, yeah, bear bad news. Bear some bad news, and then tell us how it's not summer. Go ahead and do it, do it, do it.
Speaker 4: No, it's not summer yet.
Speaker 8: And then we'll get into the you know everybody talking about, well, the first full day of summer is really Saturday officially, though it is Friday night at I wrote it down here ten forty two pm. Until then, I think it's gonna still be warmth. The hot load of mid nineties, I think closer to ninety try it closer to ninety five. Triangle with the heat indecks close to one hundred. No rain today, but a few showers thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow night, and we are painted in yellow most of us anyway chance for severe storms, so be on the lookout for that. And that front to goes through Friday may not feel terrible. We may see a little bit of a drop in humidity and just a hit or miss storm. We may stay in the eighties, and then we'll slowly start working it up for Saturday near above ninety, mid ninety, Sunday mid and upper nineties on Monday and Tuesday, maybe even longer. Sunny, hot, humid, and the heat indecks close to or above one hundred degrees. So you know, people are already starting to panic about the heat, but we don't need to panic. We don't need to panic, just you know, it's been hot before. But certainly probably start seeing some advisories for he already a couple up in Jersey and eastern PA for some of the hot weather coming so dangerously hot. It's kids in the elderly and the pets. We keep our eyes on first, right, and if you're working outdoors, plenty of fluids perfectly water. That's the kind of heat that's coming, especially end of the weekend and into next week.
Speaker 1: I got two lunatic friends who wanted to see if I wanted to join their tea time today.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I take the zero on that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Ray, I'm trying to put a puzzle together. So do you play the accordion?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Really, you got to play for it sometime, Man, brought tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Coworkers will love it.
Speaker 8: Okay, you should go back through my Instagram somewhere on there. During COVID, I was doing a little I did some performances.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not teen girls. We don't have Instagram. Anyway, I got a roll, so we'll pick you up tomorrow. Okay, all right, see you tell you that that's such a French thing. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bellinger, Jeff, what's happening today? Man?
Speaker 1: Good well, good morning, Casey.
Speaker 10: A couple of economic indicators just released in Washington this morning. The Labor Department counted two hundred and forty five thousand first time applications for unemployment benefits last week. That was down from an upwardly revised two hundred and fifty thousand. The prior week and right in line with forecasts. There was a bigger than expected decline in housing starts last month. The e Commerce Department says groundbreakings for houses and departments fell nearly ten percent. The Federal Reserve wraps up two days of policy talks today. Economists have no doubts interest rates will be left unchanged, but they will be parsing the statement released by Central bankers and listening intently to chairg Jerown Powells use conference. They're hoping for clues to when rates might be lowered. Stock market futures a little bit higher as we get ready for the midweek session. Now futures or up twenty one points. The Trump administration is considering a possible crackdown on pharmaceutical advertising. Sources say the White House is discussing new legal and financial requirements for drug ads not in outright Man. New Zealand is the only other place in the world where pharmaceutical companies are allowed to market directly to patients. New restrictions would be a win for Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior. He believes Americans consume more drugs because of the ads and trade tensions pushing up prices at the women's fast fashion retailer Dynamite. The company's chief executive says prices have jumped nine percent over the past year. He expects to be raising prices at twice the rate of inflation for the foreseeable future. And Casey must mention that I'm reporting today from the Fidelity Bloomberg business desk. Casey, you're not with us tomorrow right right off, for the holiday. It's the juneteenth, the holiday, and I'll be back with you on Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Jeff, do appreciate it. Thank you much, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good day, yep.
Speaker 1: And just for all of you listening, we will be here tomorrow because we're doing this broadcast week so I didn't want to sit a day out, so will there will be a morning show tomorrow. I know some of you don't have to work, some of you do, so we'll be here either way. Okay, very good. Ross and I are trying to figure out the size of race age. It's accordion. And the reason is we're now fascinated by this. The reason is, and if you've never heard, Ray is a giant if and sometimes if there's really bad weather that he'll do TV stuff too. And it's really funny because the first time I saw him on TV, he was doing like Overnight's. It was we had the weather channel on in the studio before the show started, and Ray was really doing that. It looks like he's in your kid's first grade classroom, right, would he go in for parent teacher?
Speaker 2: And all the desks are like little miniature.
Speaker 1: He's that big, So there's no way he plays the standard size accordion right Ross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you'd have to scale it right otherwise. He's seen that photo of under the Giant with like a beer can in his hand, and it looks like a sim Right, he's quite that big. But yeah, do you think you could body slam him their Hulk? I definitely not. Nope, Okay, you know what it is though? I think it's because Ray and I are from like the same area sort of kind of up in New York and there's like a really big Polish population. And are you saying Stagic might be Polish? No, but I'm saying, like he's playing the accordion, and I know that's like a big thing. Like with that population there, we would have like Polish food festivals and music festivals, and they would have on the public access station. They would have these live from the VFW, like the Polish dancing and stuff. It was a big deal up there, So I bet you that's how he got into it.
Speaker 1: Dude, the crazy. I don't say it's crazy because I'm glad it works. The radio state, one of our radio stations up in Minnesota has a weekend program called Arcadia on the air and it's been going since I think the nineteen fifties on It's been on several different radio stations. It's like it's it puts up big numbers on the weekend and it's just this. It's just a woman playing polka music.