Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: According to the mayor and the LA Police Department Chief, you are safer than you have been in a very long time. Their Karen Bass LAPD Chief Jim McDonnell pulling a news conference yesterday and they say you are safer and you can thank us for that. You're welcome from our friends at the ABC seven.
Speaker 3: Homicides were down fourteen percent, with forty seven less people killed in the city of Los Angeles be.
Speaker 4: Forty seven fewer people killed, but go.
Speaker 3: On in twenty twenty four compared to twenty twenty three. There was also a nineteen percent decrease when it comes to shooting victims. Felony hit and runs also saw a drop of just over six percent. Despite the progress, local leaders acknowledge there is more work to be done.
Speaker 5: Any crime is unacceptable to us, and we know that everyone standing here today knows that we must continue to approach this issue with urgency and precision.
Speaker 2: Oh, urgency and precision. Oh, she's saying some really important stuff there. That is that's the kind of thing that gives you insight. It's certainly not platitudes and talking points. Thank goodness, we've got specificity from the mayor who says crime bad. We don't like crime, we should uncrime.
Speaker 3: The mayor and police chief acknowledge at street racing is still a problem that they're actively trying to combat. Another issue they're dealing with hiring more police officers join the force. As far as how twenty twenty five is looking in terms of crime, here's a police chief himself.
Speaker 6: So far this year we've seen a reduction in all major crime categories compared to the same time last year. We're optimistic that we can continue on the trend that we're seeing. But right now we're in a good.
Speaker 3: Spot and moving forward. A chief McDonald says, A big focus again is on building that trust with the community so they can feel comfortable coming to police officers and speaking with them openly and building that relationship. Another focus, of course.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a lot of community policing nonsense to me. The last thing we want to do is the community trusting their cops. What's next, All of a sudden, politicians are bad guys now, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Another focus, of course on a staffing and keeping the community safe, reporting live and boil heights on that ABC seven I witness.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I appreciate that. So what do we have?
Speaker 2: They claim homicides are down fourteen percent. Now, listen, relax, let me tell you why I'm skeptical here. Homicides down fourteen percent last year compared with twenty twenty three, fewer people being hit by gunfire. Well, that seems positive. I hate the idea that we just have random people being hit by gunfire. Anyway, sitting in, police officials say that this is all there.
Speaker 4: Listen, this is our doing.
Speaker 2: But as we know, any crime is bad, and we're still going to rest forward with urgency and a sense of duty and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They're also all excited about taking guns off the streets, including seventy six hundred firearms from last year. They said that ten percent of those are all ghost guns. Oh you're gonna how you stop that? All you can do is take them? Oh you're gonna stop people from putting them together. Shootings down, they say, almost twenty percent from last year. Uh, they're being proactive. With more words from your corporate bingo card. Here's the problem is that the data that we're getting is for the last year, which is fine. The department, though, switch the way they count crime. There's there's the trouble that we're having. So as with anything, if all of a sudden you you change your well, i'm gonna say accounting procedures, but if you change the way that you're tracking things, you may see a change. If if and I'm trying to think of an example here, if all of a sudden you go from using miles to kilometers, all of a sudden, your car is gonna look like it's traveled a lot further because the numbers have changed. The numbers have changed, but what those numbers reflect are different. So even LAPD officials they did it, they had small print. While they were taking credit, patting themselves on the back. They said, also, year over year comparisons are nearly impossible for certain types of crimes since the department switched to a new record keeping system this year. So they don't really know, they say, we don't really know if this is true. We don't really know if this is accurate. Even by our own admission, we're not sure.
Speaker 4: But based on what.
Speaker 2: We have right now, we're just going to take credit anyway because politicians, and why wouldn't you just take credit while you could.
Speaker 4: So that's what's happening just the same.
Speaker 2: If there is any truth to what they're saying, that's great. We like to feel a little bit safer. The trouble is, we don't know if there's truth to what they're saying, because, by their own admission, the data is being counted differently, and they say it's nearly impossible to keep track of So why are you out and touting your own accomplishments because why wouldn't you be That's what being a politician is all about. Oh, that's right. And people don't like Bass right now because she was out of the country when the fires hit and then she blamed not knowing wind. So she's trying to try to she's trying to put some wins in her column, but it's not really working on it's not going great. If you are in the United and you're here with a visa and you're thinking, great, i'm here, I've got a green card, I'm good to go. Nope, you might still get deported. What rights do you have? What could stop you from being deported?
Speaker 7: That is next you're listening to bill handle on demand from kfi AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The questions are coming up about people being deported, especially when we find out that we're trying to deport people who have legal status in the United States, including green cards or well respected positions within major universities. It kind of started with this Machmud Khalil, who was a guy protesting at Columbia. Many many schools were protesting during the the demonstrations over the war in Goza, right, most of the protesters were pro Israeli protesters. And as we know, when it comes to protesting, you cannot be pro one side without being anti the other. That's how it works out. You can't say I love the Dodgers without people knowing that that means you hate the Yankees. Now maybe you do hate the Yankees, But is it possible that you're just rooting for your team.
Speaker 4: Possible. But when it comes to the world of politics.
Speaker 2: And especially when it comes to something so significant as war and war where religion is involved, you have to be my side or the other side. You're either with me or you're against me. So Khalil and Khalil was in large part part of the demonstrations at Columbia.
Speaker 4: We saw those at UCLA. You see your.
Speaker 2: Vine, Berkeley, Stanford, Santa Cruz all. There's been a a number of California schools. Of course we're taking part in these protests. Some of them did feel distinctly anti Semitic. That doesn't mean everybody there was, but it wasn't like they were stopping it from being anti semitic either, So we know how this played up. However, as much as we despise that anti semitism is not illegal in the United States, you're allowed to be anti Semitic, you're allowed to be racist. You're not allowed to hire base on racism or anti semitism, but you are allowed to be an a hole in America. That hasn't changed in the last two hundred and fifty years. You can still be a total a hole in America. The line is when you're being an a hole and it starts to threaten other people if there is demonstrable harm being done. Although did this guy, Makmu Khalil, actually demonstrate any harm. He was a negotiator that was representing the student protesters at Columbia. He is a permanent US resident. He was arrested March ninth at his apartment by Customs enforcement by ice. According to the ap agent said they were executing a State Department order to revoke his student visa.
Speaker 4: His lawyer says, he didn't have a student visa.
Speaker 2: He's a Green card holder, he's a permanent legal US resident. They said, oh, we're taking that too.
Speaker 4: What this is.
Speaker 2: This is like when you were a kid and the bully came by and punched you and said give me your lunch money, and you said, I've got my lunch money, but please don't take my allowance. I just got it, and the bully goes, oh, can give me that allowance too. That's basically what's going on. So the State department says, we want a student. We're taking away with the student visa. The lawyer says he didn't have a he's a permanent US resident. They go, oh, we're taking that away too. And why is that? Because Trump has signed an order, signed an executive order to cancel and deport the the students and all the student visas of any hamas sympathizers on college campuses.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: And the reason it's tough is again, you're allowed to disagree even if your disagreement makes you a total a hole in the eyes of the majority of people, you are still allowed to disagree.
Speaker 4: In America.
Speaker 2: You may remember after nine to eleven there were a number of politicians who came out and they said.
Speaker 4: Look, nine to eleven was abhorrent.
Speaker 2: It was a terrible chapter in American history, and that said, you kind of understand why some people hate us, and they were lambassador. They were told, how dare you? You can't say such terrible things about America. Don't you know we're in a war against terrorism? And yet you're still allowed to say that. Even congress persons were saying that they don't approve of nine to eleven, but they kind of understand why other countries, why other groups hate us.
Speaker 4: Now dare you do that? The real kicker on.
Speaker 2: This case with the Khalil is that Marco Rubio, formerly known as Little Marco, did a press conference right after the arrest and he said, this is not about free speech. This is about people that don't have a right to be in the United States to begin with.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like by all accounts he did.
Speaker 2: He had a student visa, then he had a permanent green card and now we're just claiming you don't have a right to be here because we're policing your ideas now.
Speaker 4: But it's not just him.
Speaker 2: There was also a doctor who was detained, now a highly regarded kidney doctor.
Speaker 4: Just after six pm six from ABC seven.
Speaker 8: Saturday, planes carrying more than two hundred Venezuelan and prisoners left the US after the administration invoked the Alien Enemies Act, a law from the late seventeen hundreds that allows the government to deport non citizens without due process during wartime.
Speaker 4: All right, at war with that? Was anybody anybody? The answer is no.
Speaker 8: Less than an hour later, a federal judge temporarily blocked the president from invoking the law and ordered the planes to turn around, saying any plane containing these folks that is going to take off or is in the air needs to be returned to the United States. But the planes never turned around, and video shows the alleged gang members being marched into prison in El Salvador yesterday. Critics argue the administration defied the judge's orders, but the White House argues the judge has no jurisdiction over the president's conduct of foreign affairs. His authorities under the Alien Enemies Act and his core Article two powers to remove foreign alien.
Speaker 4: Terrorist the staff.
Speaker 2: All right, so that is key, and I guess I thought there was more of this deported doctor. I want to talk about this deported doctor or the detained doctor. I'll do that here in a second. But also, you just heard the report from ABC saying we didn't like what the judge had to say. The administration just says, hey, what jurisdiction judges have? What can federal judges? They don't really get to talk about us. They have no jurisdiction over us. We're the White House, for Pete's sake, which means that we no longer have checks and balances. We just have separate silos where judges issue rulings in vacuums that don't apply, and Congress writes laws that don't apply, and the White House executes laws.
Speaker 4: That they don't even have. So a lot of fun stuff happening right now. What could we even.
Speaker 2: Do if you have a rogue White House that says, forget about checks and balances, we're in charge now, what could even be done? Might be surprised to find out just how much the courts can do.
Speaker 7: That is next you're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I mentioned before I'd boned up the audio that we had a doctor who was detained because she went to a funeral. Well, it happened to be the funeral of a Hezbollah leader. Is she a member of Hesbelad?
Speaker 4: No? By all accounts she is not.
Speaker 2: However, just being at the funeral, which attracted tens of thousands of people, was enough for the current administration to side eye her and say, we don't really like you doing that, so why don't you not come back again?
Speaker 4: ABC had the story.
Speaker 8: Another deportation in recent days is in the spotlight. Protesters are demanding the return of doctor Rasha Alawi, an assistant professor at Brown University who's a kidney transplant specialist.
Speaker 4: Oh, kidney transplant at Brown Universe? What is that? Who's that?
Speaker 2: It's not even a real college? Is there's so much ado about nothing? My god, we're just deporting Ivy League doctors now.
Speaker 8: She reportedly had a valid visa, but was detained last week at Boston's Logan Airport after returning from Lebanon. Federal officials not commenting on, only saying our CBP officers adhere to strict protocols to identify and stop threats. Nicode Antonio, ABC News, Washington, all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right, So we don't really know why we're not being told a whole lot.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit like Doge, where.
Speaker 2: We just say, trust us, everything's gonna be better after you let us do whatever we want. So you've had judges that say, you can't just declare that we are, you know, wartime when there is no war.
Speaker 4: There's no war on Venezuela.
Speaker 2: And soon when you start finding Venezuelan gang members and then sending them to El Salvador using.
Speaker 4: The the seventeen ninety eight law, that doesn't fly.
Speaker 2: And of course the White House then in response said, speaking of flying, sorry, planes already in the air, Ali Ali oxen free. And a judge is not very happy about that. So the judge said, look back my courtroom. I want to know what's going on. And so the uh, the administration showed up back in court and the judge said what happened? They went, Uh, you don't have any jurisdiction over us. You can't really tell us what to do. And the judge said, yeah, here's the thing I can and he said, uh, what what's happening here? And they said, we're not really gonna We don't really have to tell you because judges aren't allowed to control the executive branch's legitimate power. That's our vice president said that he's a vice president, you're just a judge. So basically no, the White House claims to have an UNO reverse card. So what can happen if suddenly you've got a number of judges that are ruling against a president and the president says, yeah, I'm not gonna follow that. Yeah I don't like your order. Yeah, you told me not to do this thing that I want to do, so.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 2: And at some point you'd think the rank and files would stop doing these things. But I think a lot of the rank and files that are enforcing some of these laws kind of like it, and I think that the people who don't like it are being weeded out.
Speaker 4: So you're ending up with a very loyal enforcement group.
Speaker 2: At CBP, at ICE, at the FBI, at the CIA, at all the executive branches. You're ending up was loyalists. Because if you're not loyal you're being identified and you're being given a scarlet tea, and or you may just be saying this is not for me any longer.
Speaker 4: I can't do this. I'm gonna head into the private sector.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try to find a job with my local police department or my sheriff's department, or you're if you're in a specialized division within one of those enforcement alphabet soup agencies.
Speaker 4: You may be saying, I can go make money doing this elsewhere.
Speaker 2: I have a friend of mine that was a she was an accountant.
Speaker 4: She was a forensic accountant with the CIA. Excuse me, with the FBI. My apologies.
Speaker 2: She's a forensic can count me with the FBI. And I was like, that's the coolest job. She's like, yeah, I got a badge, I carry a gun, but all I do is I just run numbers all day. And I said that's so cool, and she goes it is I can make more money in the private sector, and eventually is.
Speaker 4: What she did. I'm gonna go make more money working for one of these big corporations. She did.
Speaker 2: So at some point, people are moving on, they're weeding themselves out. So what can the judges do if the president just ignores them, effectively nothing they can hold an agency in contempt. So you've got a district judge that holds the White House in contempt. And then what what if they don't want to be held in contempt?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing, They don't take control away, they don't do anything, and the president can always parton himself anyway, So there is nothing The Marshall Service enforces the federal court orders.
Speaker 4: Do you know who the Marshal Service works for, the Department of Justice? You know who?
Speaker 2: The Department of Justice is under the executive branch. All of the orders trickle down from the White House. So if you have a rogue president, I'm not saying this is the case, but if you have a rogue president, there's pretty much nothing you can do to stop them other than politically. But is anybody politically going to stop this president? I don't see that happening either. If you have if you have a powerful president who's decided to ignore his own responsibilities to the office, there's no stopping that person. And that's when you end up with what they call a constitutional crisis.
Speaker 4: I think we've got an astronauts coming home. Indeed, we do.
Speaker 2: We've got JFK conspiracies that are that are right for the taken.
Speaker 4: However, I did want to jump on this story.
Speaker 2: It is fast to me that the DEI orders that have come out to limit and restrict DEI might be might have some unintended consequences. Who ever would have guessed what those are.
Speaker 7: Next, you're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Do you remember it was a few years back that President Trump first term was paying tribute to the code talkers at a White House events.
Speaker 9: And I just want to thank you because you have very very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas. But you know what, I like you because you are special. You are special people. You are really incredible people. And I have from the heart, from the absolute heart, we appreciate what you've done, how you've done it, the bravery that you displayed, and the love.
Speaker 4: That you have for your country. Yeah. Really from the heart, Not like that, Elizabeth Warren. Okay, So we pay.
Speaker 2: Tribute to the code talkers, especially because of what they contributed in both world wars, chalk Taw soldiers in World War One, Comanche troops at Utah Beach, the Navajo code talkers, of course, who you've heard so much about it iwo Jima. They were speaking in a language that the other troops couldn't They couldn't crack.
Speaker 4: Very difficult to uh.
Speaker 2: Very difficult to crack the language, and especially because the code talkers started changing up their own language, which is brilliant. So Utah Beach, you had commanches that there weren't words in Comanche for bombers.
Speaker 4: There wasn't a word.
Speaker 2: There was a he didn't have that word. So they came up with her. They called them pregnant airplanes. They didn't have a word for turtle for tank, excuse me, So they started calling those turtles. And so they would say, you know, turtles are inbound. And even if the even if the enemy could decipher some of what was saying, would they be able to understand that turtles meant tanks.
Speaker 4: May have come up with that.
Speaker 2: One may have may have been able to figure out pregnant airplanes, may have figured out when they called uh Adolf Hitler possa taboo that that meant crazy white Man could be.
Speaker 4: They could have, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: And we thank in large part the code talkers for the work that they did in those wars that ultimately flemixed our enemies and helped lead to victories in both World War One and World War Two.
Speaker 4: At least we used to thank them.
Speaker 2: Because if you go now to military websites that used to pay tribute to the Native American code talkers, the ones that you heard Trump praising while he bag on Elizabeth Warren from the bottom of his heart for loving the country so much, they've.
Speaker 4: Been removed from many of the websites.
Speaker 2: Several broken URLs on those websites are now labeled d e I. The Defense Department's URLs amended with the letters DEI, suggesting that those websites have been removed following the executive order ending federal Diversity Equity and Inclusion initiatives. Asked about the missing pages, Pentagon Press secretary replying in a statement that Pete Hegsith has said DEI is dead.
Speaker 4: At the Defense Department.
Speaker 2: We are pleased by the rapid compliance across the department with the directive removing DEI from all platforms. In the rare cases that content is removed that is out of the clearly outlined scope of the directive we instruct components. Accordingly, they did not address the code talkers being removed.
Speaker 4: They did not address whether.
Speaker 2: The code talkers are considered DEI figures. Although code talkers were part of a diversity push within the Department of Defense, they were part of a recruitment that sought to seek soldiers of different backgrounds.
Speaker 4: So maybe maybe code.
Speaker 2: Talkers, and I suppose, for that matter, the Tuskegee Airmen are the original deis and we've been able to put a stop to that and certainly put a stop to learning about diversity in American history.
Speaker 4: Tech Tuesday is next.
Speaker 2: Including big changes coming to your Facebook and instagrams. If you're a facebooker or an Instagram influencer, you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 4: It's next.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio out