Speaker 1: Seven five at fifty five carrisd Talk Station. I am very happy Tuesday to you Insights, Scoop and Pride Park News in one hour and we'll talk to Texas Border reporter Randy Clark on the Texas floods and the Daniel Davis deep dive, will the additional weapons we are now sending to Ukraine after pausing them, and do any Good among other topics with him in the meantime. Welcome back to the fifty five Carse Morning Show. Help support his campaign. Coreybowman dot com is where you find him. Welcome back, hopefully the next mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Cory Bowman. It's great to have you on the show this morning.
Speaker 2: Brian, it's awesome to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and it's awesome to be you and your wife Jordan. Congratulations. I guess yesterday was the big day for the delivery of Ezra Ray Bowman.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much. We just had our fourth child yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: And beautiful pictures. Obviously, he's a cute baby. All babies are cute, and everybody's doing well about that.
Speaker 2: But healthy, very healthy. Yeah, the baby and mom are perfectly healthy and happy and we're enjoying it.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. So congratulations to you on the new addition to your household. All right, let's start with just generally speaking, how's the campaign going and people helping you out. I know you've got an event coming up next Monday. You might want to tell folks about that one too, because there's an opportunity for them to help out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean for anybody that knows their story. We made the decision really in February to get involved in this race, and this is our first political race, but we've had great momentum, great strategy on that, and so we have a big fundraiser that's actually coming up July fourteenth downtown Cincinnati. You can go to our website Corey Bowman dot com and go all the information there, and that's that you could be a part of really helping our campaign make the biggest impact going into November.
Speaker 1: And I see that brad Winstrop's going to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the last person to do it as far as running for mayor Cincinnati as a Republican was in two thousand and nine, and that was doctor brad winstrip And he's a great man. I've had many conversations with him. He's got great insight on how to run this race properly, and so I asked him that he would consider being a part of our first big event.
Speaker 1: He said, yes, Oh, that's great. I'm glad he's helping you out. He does it obviously, he's run multiple races before, and he did come close when he ran for mayor. He came close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, we hadn't had a Republican mayor actually since I believe this nineteen seventy nine, nineteen eighty was the original base but last person to run in two thousand and nine. When you look at that race, he did come fairly close. And through that it opened up the doors for a lot of different policies and different mindsets to come in the city. And so I was very encouraged by our conversations and once get I'm very happy to work with them.
Speaker 1: Well, and you live in the West End, so you probably see it firsthand. We have a serious crime problem in downtown Cincinnati. It seems like it's getting worse and worse. Of course, with the summer months and the humanity and tench temperatures running high and flaring that that's kind of a thing that's sort of generally recognized, but the city of Cincinnati, it just seems to be getting so much worse. I had FOP President Ken Cobra on yesterday talking about it, followed by Christopher Smitheman who was talking about it, and it was an interesting statement. There was just the other day a fourteen year old boy shot dead in Avondel happened yesterday. WCPO interviewed Bishop Ennis Tate, who had this statement. He said, it's literally a public health issue and the spirit of violence is contagious. If we treated this gun violence as seriously as we did COVID, it will be a different outcome for our city. And I was thinking to myself because both FOP President Ken Kober and Christopher Smith and were both complaining about the deafening silence from the Mayor's office and council on this violence that's going on. They don't speak a word about supporting the police or encouraging communities to engage with and help the police find the bad guys and prevent violence. That's what was done during COVID. Elected officials took it very seriously or out literally every day telling us what we could do and could not do. It was a twenty four to seven news cycle involving nothing but COVID, COVID, COVID from elected officials. You would think, given the gravity of the problem in the city with violence, that we might get some something out of the administration. But nothing. I mean, how do you what's your reaction to that? Is that your perception Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think it's funny that you mentioned that, because actually the biggest thing to help that motivated us to start our church was all the things that was happening during COVID, Because if we learned anything from COVID, it was the importance of your local leadership and your local city government because during that time there were so many mandates and so many things that was actually going against the rights of people, but they were taking it very seriously because it was seen as a very big social issue. Well, then we've got this thing that is actually impacting our streets on a daily basis. You've got, like you said, a fourteen year old kid gets shot, But then we don't hear anything from it. It's because the political correctness of everything might not be in the handbook right now, and they're trying to figure out what to do. But we've got to take action right now, and it's even about being reactive right now. This is something that if you live downtown, if you lived anywhere close to the city, then you saw this coming. Even in winter and springtime. There were so many people that were warning that this once the weather was going to get warmer, that this was going to happen based on what they were seeing in the city, and they were doing what they thought they could do when it came to the Act Cincinnati programs or whatever. But the reality of it is that they're not taking the right approach when it comes to decreasing crime in our city.
Speaker 1: Well, what approach would Corey Bowman take. I know one of the problems in the frustrations expressed by Ken Kober, the FOP president, was you know, we do have a curfew, and we've got these roving gangs of teens that outnumber people and threaten people and commit acts of crime and violence, generally making the downtown area kind of like a very unwelcoming environment and frightening people away. Like you want to go to Ruby's for dinner, No, because at seven o'clock dinner reservation means I'm not going to get done till maybe nine or nine point thirty, perhaps even ten o'clock, and you don't want to be walking around down there at that late hour, I'm afraid. So you've got that. But then, as Ken pointed out, if we pick someone up and arrest them for violating the curfew, they don't even prosecute them. The minute the magistrates will just dismiss the case. They will be left back out on the streets, no record, no no consequences. I mean, there's a problem in and of itself the people. The police can issue tickets and arrest people, but there's apparently no follow through on the judicial end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, whenever you look at what's going on in our city, a lot of people want to look at the police department and want to look at certain individuals. But this comes from the top down. This is the culture that they've set and that they've put the morale of our police officers at the lowest level it could. What's happening right now is that because the month of June, crime was spiking like crazy, and in our even in our coffee shop on my phone, I was on the phone with cops on a regular basis, just trying to figure out and learn what's the morales, what's the situation going on within the police department. And there was a general consensus from talking with multiple police officers, not just heads, but I mean I'm talking about beat cops and those that are doing the everyday work, and the general consensus is they're not happy with the support from their local government. They're not happy with the support or even the enforcement from the prosecutors. Like you were talking about. They feel like that they're not supported as far as if they were to make arrests or if they are to do certain things to do their job, that they wouldn't have the full backing of their city leaders. And then when it comes to the prosecuting, Yeah, it's a revolving door of criminals that go in and then they go out and they do the same things. And so a lot of officers don't even see the point of it, because what's the point of booking somebody that's going to be right back on the streets doing the same thing the very next week. And so this is from the top down, and these are things that have to change. Our police officers love our city, Our police officers want to protect and serve our state. That's why they got into the job. But right now you're seeing officers, even at a rapid pace, they're saying that, hey, when retirement comes up, you know, I'm I'm out because there's no way that we're going to subject ourselves to this on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think it's worse than that. According to to Ken, people are retiring early. They're just saying, no the hell, I'm not even going to go through the drop program, which benefits those officers who make it through the drop program a lot in terms of finances and their pension payment. So if they're not willing to stick it out to their own financial benefit, that means that's a bad sign right there, Corey.
Speaker 2: No, it is, And so you have to start like day one you asked what would we do different as being the mayor, Well, first off, I would say that this needs to be done right now. It doesn't just need to be done after a November election. There's lives on the line right now. They're doing things to try to help. They've actually implemented lateral hiring and a bunch of other things that they're trying to decrease the crime. But I think the number one is that the police officers have to feel like the city has their back. Yeah, whether it be through whether it be through pres conference, whether it be through social posts, whatever it is. They have to know that the police officers are getting the support and the backing from their city officials. And then when it comes to their everyday jobs, you've got to untie the hands of the police officers and you got to let them do their job. And then from the profts gear standpoint, you've got to put you've got to put a very big encouragement on the profits cures and say we have to have harsher sentences.
Speaker 1: We've got to be able to enforce these laws.
Speaker 2: Because you can say, hey, we're implementing this policy, We're implementing this, but there's no consequences to it. And so yeah, on the surface, it looks like you're trying, but from the background of it all, it's not doing any good because people are just going through that revolving door again.
Speaker 1: All right, pause, We'll bring Corey back for some more thoughts and ideas about the crime problem and other ideas in the City of Cincinnati seven sixteen. Right now, an opportunity for me to mention well, QC kinnets folks out there experiencing pain, the arthritic pain, knee, hip, shoulder, and you've done the cycles of steroid shots and you know that goes away, and you're talking about surgery with your doctor, and you know what that's going to be a lot of downtime, physical therapy, no genuine answer to whether or not it's going to actually help. That's a big leap right there. Why not go for a second opinion. QC Kinetics is offering a free consultation helping people well get their lives back together without more medications, without without going under the knife. They're the leader in regenerative medicine using treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma, using your body's own natural healing properties to help your body heal itself. Injected right there where that pain is. These cellular level of treatments contain growth factors and healing properties to maximize your body's ability to heal itself. Huge success rate. Ninety two percent of patients report satisfaction with the results. That's pretty significant. So it's truly working for folks just like you. So are you a good candidate. Why not take them up on the free consultation to find out out Call QC Kinetics and talk to them. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station our iHeartRadio Music first Guarantee.
Speaker 1: Jenn nine says We're gonna have a muggy day to day, partly cloudy skies. Anahei have eighty six, muggy overnight with a low of seventy and some clouds. Muggy and steamy. Tomorrow with the high of eighty four and partly cloudy skies, possible scattered showers and storms. Partly cloudy and muggy overnight sixty nine for the low. Thursday's gonna be cloudy and I have eighty seven. It's seventy one right now. Let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 3: From the UCE Health Traffic centers. You see help has e'x for trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. Earlier Accident Now cleared out eastbound Ronald Reagan Highway before seventy five a little bit of stop and go traffic, though still from Galbret as it returns back the posted speeds on that he sounds like, I'm fifty five j RC the talk station.
Speaker 1: If you have KCD talk station, Corey Bowman from ARIS Cincinnati. Corey's on the line right now. You can go to Corey Bowman dot com get your tickets for the event next Monday, the fundraiser, uh and learn more about his policies, platform and how to help him out. Oh look, the big donate today click so donate to Corey's campaign. There are choices to be made, and doing the same thing over and over again certainly doesn't appear to be going to be doing anything to better our so our situation with the crime in downtown. You know, talking with Smith Aman yesterday during the Smith event, Corey Uh, he I think he hit the nail on the head, I asked, I said, you know, Christopher, you live in one of the fifty two neighborhoods in the city. You interact with people in the various communities. I mean it's notably uh, you know, like for example, the African American or black community. He talks to folks, what do they really want insofar as policing. Are they against policing in their neighborhood, Do they think police are all terrible people? Or would they prefer a big police presence? He said no, overwhelmingly, it's the silent majority. They like the police, They want the police, they want safer neighborhoods. And yet the council members, you'd think they could tap into that phenomenon. If it's what people want, then be a representative for any representative situation here, which is what they're supposed to do, and tell people that they've got their back, Tell people that we want the police there. Tell people that we're hoping to approve public safety with the greater police presence. All of that might resonate really well with the citizens of the city of Cincinnati who are struggling with the crime problem. As it turns out, though, his suggestion was that it's this is motivated out of the far left wing of the Democrat Party, who are the defund the police. Rethink the police folks, they are the loudest, squeakiest wheels in spite of the fact that they don't represent a majority of people who have to live around the crime, and yet they show up to vote. You saw what ten percent of the citizens of City Cincinnati showed up for the primary, and you know it was probably a whole bunch of these radical leftists that showed up in order to get votes. I guess you have to appeal to that group because you at least know they're going to show up at the ballot box, unlike I guess the rest of the citizens. What's your take on that? In Natty Field Corey, Well, what.
Speaker 2: I would say is that on it was actually last week, I was walking through the West End and we were doing a community outreach. This actually last month. We were doing a community outreach where we were doing giveaways and we were just providing stuff for the community, and I talked with the family that was on the side of the street. One of the mothers was there. She was selling something at a table. Now I go up to them and I'm not even promoting the campaign. I'm just promoting this outreach that we're doing because we want to be able to bless people. And as we're doing it, the lady looks at me and says, you're the one running for mayor right now. This is a family that lives in a very low income area. And so there was two moms and there was probably about about seven kids overall, and one of them was a young gentleman. He was about seventeen years old. And they were there and they looked at me and they said, what are you going to do for our community? I looked at him. I said, well, what this community right needs right now is they need the gun firing. They need the crime to stop in this area. And they just nodded their head like enthusiastic. They said, we don't want the crime to be hitting our children and affecting us like what it's been. And then I started talking to them about when it came to having a hand up instead of a handout, and we've got to be able to provide jobs and programs that not just keep people in poverty, but they got to be able to lift people up. And we got to give young men like this. I pointed to the gentleman right there. I said, we got to give him an opportunity to not only live in a neighborhood that isn't affected by this crime, but we got to give him an opportunity who if he wants to get married, have kids and get into how they get into a job to where he's able to move out of this situation. And they started balling their eyes out and they said, you've got our vote. That's exactly what our city needs. And I started going through the practical processes of them too. But I talk with people NonStop, especially in the West End, and the general consensus of the community is they don't want this crime, they want the police to be involved. They feel forgotten about. But like what you said, the people that are the most radicalized are the ones that are more active in these voting situations. And we've got to change that. We not only have to ignite the conservative base and the people that we know agree with us, but we've got to turn the hearts of the people in the communities around to say, hey, we're for you. And I really believe that we're going to have record turnouts for the vote in November because of this, I hope.
Speaker 1: So when you got that coupled with the right to choose your own destiny in any given neighborhood in terms of development, I think that's a winner for you. Because you're in favor of local decision making when it comes to that, unlike the city foisting upon Hyde Park or Bond Hill or any other neighborhood. It's vision of the future and what can and cannot be developed. So a lot of great talking points, a lot of great campaign issues for you, Corey, and I can only you know, hope and pray that people pay attention and realize you know, you do have a choice. Why keep doing the same thing over again. If you're unhappy with the current situation, you know who is responsible for it, So change course, Corey Bowman dot COM's Hey, help Corey out. Corey. Wish you best luck on the fundraiser on Monday, and encourage my listeners to participate in that. Whether or not they live in the city. What happens in the city has wide ranging, far reaching implications for everybody, even in the entire Hamilton County area, but also northern Kentucky and the surrounding county. So let's push him in the right direction and help Corey out. Corey, You're always welcome on the Morning show. And again, congratulations on the birth of your new son, Ezra. That's beautiful thing man, Hey.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and as always, Thank you for having me. It's the privilege being on.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure, man, I really get. I can get some sense of optimism for the city when I talk to you. So best of luck, brother, Coreybowman dot com seven twenty six. Right now, if you have KRC detalk station USA insallation a great phone call to make get a free inspection free quote. Yeah, it's humid and it's hot out there. Your ec is fighting an uphill battle and it cannot win if you don't have insulation in the exterior walls of your home, or if you're under insulated. I would like to point out that was the case with my daughter in late seventies. Build R twelve deteriorated. It doesn't have even the insulated capacity of a brand new R twelve. Add the phone made in Ohio, the highest R value phone in the market, and it does wonders to keep your house more comfortable. They've rarely run their air conditioning since the phone went in the wall. And it does save energy. So if you are using your AC, you're gonna save money every month, so much so that you may save more than the monthly cost of the insulation, which is only ninety nine dollars a month, interest free. It's a great opportunity to improve the health, prove the comfort of your home, and save heap loads of money. Plus, once it's paid off, it continues to deliver on that investment, a guaranteed return on investment with comfort and the savings. Learn more online at USA installation dot net. Call them up for that free quote and inspection five one three three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one foam fifty five car the tox Ti