Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now, listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. Folks, on today's show, the US government is buying back debt.
Speaker 3: Why should I care?
Speaker 4: You may ask?
Speaker 5: Well, glad you asked, We got the answer for you.
Speaker 2: Sethi Dinsky, Sam Case over the control room and your host Mark Manila.
Speaker 5: Mark, you ready to tell us why we should care about this?
Speaker 4: Can't wait? This is gonna be fun. Good morning everyone, It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, folks, before we get to it, the phone number is six' ten three six three eleven. Ten phone lines are wide, Open fill them. Up we'd love to hear from you on This thursday, again six' ten three six three eleven ten your calls and questions taking him for the. Next hour, All, Right mark so we did a yesterday's show with the, following question and you gave us a brief answer to close.
Speaker 4: The show This was Gene.
Speaker 2: From louisiana in our chat, He, said mark what percentage of our fixed income allocation wood short or could we hold in thirty year? Treasury bonds And, then mark we also got some news that came out right as the show. Was, ending sam give us the details here of what's going on here with this government debt buyback program or whatever.
Speaker 6: It is, FOR first i want, to say we need to get in touch With the trump administration because they need to release this before so we can talk about it on.
Speaker 3: The, show yeah days at the end.
Speaker 5: Of The shaw, trump administration we had to be able to talk about.
Speaker 6: This live But the trump administration did say yesterday Through The, treasury department it will at least double the level of government debt buybacks up in the next, few MONTHS. Per cnbc under the accelerated buy back Led By Treasury Secretary, scott besson it will target the ten to twenty year and twenty to thirty year portion of, the market which has seen a buyers strike Since. Late june the government will at, least DOUBLE as, i said the maximum science of its buy back operations from two billion to at least four Billion starting, september ninth and will stay in Effect through. November Fourth, so mark.
Speaker 3: In, layman terms what on earth is going?
Speaker 4: On here.
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 4: Layman, terms okay, you KNOW before i, Answered that i'd like to go Back to jean's question if you don't. Mind, It, yeah pa yesterday we were kind of forced by the end of the show, on THAT and i really have to give them a very.
Speaker 8: Clear Answer, so gene sorry.
Speaker 4: About that But what i'd like to share with you is that thirty year treasuries are a little bit different than than your. Shorter term, you know they have a little bit of a risk that most people don't, think about and that risk is the interest. Rate risk the price of those bonds can move because of interest rates and, everything else and since they have a long term, on them you have to be. Very careful if you buy in today at, five percent interest rates, go up your bonds will end up, being devalued and if you need to get rid of them before, they mature you could take. A hit so because of the interest, rate risk or because of the, price movement because of the, long term you got to.
Speaker 8: Be careful THAT'S why i, always say, you know no.
Speaker 4: More than, twenty percent but more generally around ten percent would be part of the fixed income the fixed income portion of the fixed. Income bucket and unless you unless you're one of those people, who, SAY hey i just want to hold this. TO me i want to hold them all, to maturity and then that's. Okay too if you're going to, do that then the interest rate risk. Doesn't matter but, right now where the interest rate before they announce the, buy back before the interest rates weren't that much better than say the twenty year, you know half a point, Better really so you're taking on a lot more time risk and interest rate risks then you. Need to you could just go shorter to twenty years or ten years and things. Like That so i'm, just saying don't overdo it with the, thirty year even though even though it is a decent a decent return, right now, decent yield or was before the announcement.
Speaker 8: At that price.
Speaker 4: IT WAS i, I really i don't see any reason why you taking that that time risk and the yield risks that you would have price risk all that for a thirty year IS worthwhile I would i would limit.
Speaker 8: It so that that's for.
Speaker 4: That gene and then the SECOND question i think we're talking about is what what are we talking about in in terms of double government. Debt, buybacks yeah what? Is it why are they?
Speaker 3: Doing it is it even a?
Speaker 4: GOOD thing i?
Speaker 3: Don't know Tell, Us, mark.
Speaker 4: Well the first thing is this Is the treasury stepping into the secondary. Bond, markets remember you can buy and sell treasury bonds on, the market on the. Open market so they're buying back some of the older long term government bonds And starting, september ninth And the treasury says it will increase it from.
Speaker 8: Two billion to.
Speaker 4: Four billion, you know right now they're buying about two billion back during. That timeframe, He said so, Why, now well the treasury yields have surged and investors are to compensate investors for the risk actually, of inflation geopilitical risk and other concerns. Going on so by increasing the, buy back they're they're balancing. It out they're trying to bring down the interest rates on the longer. Term bonds one thing, to realize this is not the central bank doing quantitative easing by, buying bonds, you know this is Actually the treasury buying. Them back so that's a. GOOD thing i think it makes sense in. This light and we saw already some impact of that but that this will be short, term impact but still it's headed in the. Right direction i'm comfortable, with it, YOU know i.
Speaker 8: THINK it.
Speaker 4: I think that it's a good move actually by by. OUR government i when's the LAST time i? Said that? Seth, Amazing MARK am.
Speaker 3: I dreaming that's, PRETTY rare i gotta.
Speaker 2: Tell you, but no that, Is, GOOD mark, i mean, and honestly you had me a little worried because when you said your kind of your, initial comment it almost sounded like it Was The treasury department sticking its grubby paws into a place that. Doesn't belong but after hearing the rest of, your answer it sounds like maybe this could be a good thing, After, all, mark.
Speaker 4: Right helping to bring because really think, about it our interest rates on the thirty year on the longer term bonds have actually reached the highest since two thousand. And seven we need to get. That down just bringing that down will help with, the debt which maybe just a, little bit but.
Speaker 8: It'll.
Speaker 4: Help mark that was a QUESTION that.
Speaker 5: I had is is THE am.
Speaker 2: I right to think that this could somehow be related to our national?
Speaker 4: Debt problem and could it help?
Speaker 5: Fix that is it just ad is a, debt, Buyback.
Speaker 2: Right that was part OF why i made the, Connection, Here mark is THAT am i thinking?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: There well short term, it could BUT really i don't think it's going to be. Long term but if we can pull down inflation a, little bit just a, little bit because we pulled down the bond rate at the thirty year bond rate by, this buyback then maybe we See The federal reserve actually lower, Interest rates so it might.
Speaker 8: Start cascading a.
Speaker 4: Little bit If The federal reserve starts pulling back, interest rates then we have even less interest to pay on the debt and more money to put towards paying down the debt or spend our reducing our.
Speaker 8: Deficit spending so a lot of hope that.
Speaker 4: In THAT statement i, just made but it is headed in the right direction at least we can give, it, That, Right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mark how might our partners who are heavy and fixed income consider this whether they should change anything or just continue business as usual, based well if, they're already.
Speaker 4: If they're heavy and fixed income, right now when when the When the treasury starts? Buying Back, more LIKE like, i said that is just another person in the open market bidding on. These bonds so it bids up the price of, the bonds which is most people know if the price is, going up the interest rates are. Coming down so effectively you may see a little bit of a boost in the price of. Your bonds it could help. Your, portfolio yeah very.
Speaker 6: Good Stuff mark james in the chat says What the treasury doing is doing is like increasing the minimum payment on our, credit card but not paying off the principle or. Increasing income he went on to, Say later i'm glad you.
Speaker 3: LIKE it i thought it was just. Smoking, mirrors, YEAH well i.
Speaker 4: Think there's a good reason to think anything our government does is. Smoking.
Speaker 8: Mirrors JAMES but i LIKE your i like the way you're.
Speaker 4: Saying that it's it's making a little extra payment on a, credit card, because effectively that is what treasury.
Speaker 8: Bonds are their IOUs of our government.
Speaker 4: That are taking our future income taxes and saying we're going to borrow this money and we'll pay it back later with our kids and our kids.
Speaker 8: Income taxes so we're laying it on.
Speaker 4: Our kids so effectively we're, paying down we are paying up front a little bit more on.
Speaker 8: The interest in retiring some of.
Speaker 4: Those bonds what will happen is probably the government. Will Start the treasury might if they're working well with this administration could actually start shortening the term of the bonds that, they're promoting so issuing more shorter term bonds with, less interest lower interest.
Speaker 8: On them and the whole idea is to pull the interest.
Speaker 4: Rates down have that effect on the economy of lowering interest rates just a, little bit so that maybe that can Help The federal reserve to reduce its. Interest rates and as everybody starts to reducing its interest we create an economy where it's easier to buy, a house easier to buy, a car easier to get yourself, in debt and do Everything the bible tells us not, to do but it could help. The economy and if the focus, is correct they could actually start reducing the deficit by not having a trillion dollars in interest payments. A year that money could go towards other things that they at reducing the deficit and not have to borrow a trillion dollars a year to pay the interest on the.
Speaker 8: Credit, CARD james i like.
Speaker 4: Your analogy thank you for, Posting that thank you for bringing.
Speaker 8: That out this is.
Speaker 4: Financial issues the number here is six ten three six three.
Speaker 8: Eleven ten give.
Speaker 4: Us call maybe you got some questions about debt personal.
Speaker 8: Or governmental we'd love to.
Speaker 10: Hear, it books six ten three sixty three.
Speaker 2: Eleven ten that's a number that you can get, excited about is the number to call into?
Speaker 5: The show sixt ten Three, six yeah, Thank. You mark it is something you.
Speaker 8: Get excited you can't get excited about just numbers.
Speaker 2: In, JOKE yeah, i mean especially when it's the number of our, national debt which right now has eclipsed forty, trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: So we can.
Speaker 2: Celebrate, again books Thank you eddie for bringing that up in the chat and ruining the.
Speaker 4: Entire, Show no i'm Just. Kidding eddie for. The week that's right for. The week no, show.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, exactly no that's that's what we're looking, Like. THERE mark, i mean the ONLY thing i can SAY whenever i look up this live national debt clock is if you want to, get frustrated this is a good place, to go because it'll.
Speaker 4: Frustrate you. Believe me my muted response, is, just well that doesn't. Look, good.
Speaker 2: YEAH exactly i mean these numbers are so big you can to. Comprehend them. Forty trillion i've never had forty trillion of anything.
Speaker 4: My life you can't comprehend. A trillion it's hard to comprehend, A billion, i mean and that's a term that's tossed around all the, Time NOW so i. Don't know you have to think, about THIS and I guess i'm a little, Bit, DISAPPOINTED seth i have to tell you. FORTY trillion i really had hoped that this administration was going to hold back increasing the debt and actually. DECREASE it i don't know if we're going to see.
Speaker 8: That now we've.
Speaker 4: Gone two trillion dollars now since this administration. Has started maybe it's taken longer to get. The FOUNDATIONS and i understand, THE war i understand those kind, of THINGS but i just thought they were able to juggle more than maybe they are able.
Speaker 8: To go i'm a little bit depressed this morning from.
Speaker 4: THAT number i guess that's the best way to.
Speaker 8: Say It but god's.
Speaker 4: In control we'll see where he, takes it, and maybe just like Everything else, trump does maybe as a card up as sleeve we haven't. Seen, yet yeah, Hopefully.
Speaker 2: So mark the good news is we do serve An, awesome god and we don't often think about the Fact that god is also sovereign over economics. AS well, i mean, You know colossians one tells us That in christ all things, hold together and that's true of the economic system.
Speaker 4: As well god is.
Speaker 2: The One it's, god's hand that's the invisible Hand That adam. Smith referenced you, know that you know free free. Market Ideas so god can. Fix it he.
Speaker 4: Sure can. He can but usually if we look Into, the Bible when god has to step in to, fix something it's not.
Speaker 8: Pretty TRUE so.
Speaker 6: I mean and it often looks like whipping the consequences of your.
Speaker 4: Own, actions yeah and that's.
Speaker 8: What it's going to come.
Speaker 4: Down, to unfortunately if we do not get in, under control if we don't vote in the right people this, midterm election if these things. WON'T happen i hope everybody. Hears this.
Speaker 8: The Debt if freeman has a new book.
Speaker 4: Coming Out The, four horsemen one of the horsemen that and they're all the horsemen that Could. Destroy america he agrees with me that debt is one of. THOSE horsemen i believe. It is it is most the, most LIKELY and i think it is the most dangerous of all. The Others over china and the other things that he says talks about in. The book we have to be very careful right now because our debt Could. Destroy america we could go into a ten twenty year recession depression if this Debt gets if this debt does not get, UNDER control i believe within just a.
Speaker 8: Few years we have to get it.
Speaker 4: Under control people haven't been taken, me, serious obviously the. Administration HASN'T but i or if, they HAVE like, I said i hope they have a plan behind. The scenes we're not seen and they're. Laying, foundations otherwise this debt will cause our dollar to lose its lose, its value lose its in. World trade when, that happens we'll see interest rates go through that we'll see hyperinflation Here in america as our as our central rate starts printing money to try and shore up, our economy we'll see inflation. Go crazy and then we'll see all the all the economic breakdown that we see when inflation does go through the ceiling and you don't heal, that overnight even If we usually when things get really bad for, some reason people get smarter and start electing. Better people but this could, take, four, eight, ten twelve twenty years to recover fully, From. That folks we need to vote right this. This election we need to get the right people in and give this administration the strength they need to turn. This.
Speaker 2: Around, Yeah mark before we Get, to dennis a very interesting comment in our chat HERE that i want to read to our. General audience by, the, way folks we got a couple of lines open six ten three six three Eleven ten john and The chat mark.
Speaker 5: Said this In, the bible the number forty.
Speaker 2: Primarily symbolizes a period, of, testing, trial probation, or judgment often serving as a season of preparation before a significant transition or. New beginning while it appears literally as a, specific duration it also functions as a spiritual symbol, of, transformation repentance, spiritual growth marking the time necessary to strip, away, comfort sin and relying realign with. Divine purpose you see the number forty throughout. The scriptures MARK and i do think it is fascinating that we hit forty trillion dollars, in debt and it seems like our country is due for some, spiritual transformation necessary spiritual transformation. AS well i don't want to Get To tinfoil hattie, with THAT but i do think we can draw some, parallels there.
Speaker 4: For Sure, TINFOIL hattie i. Knew, her yeah it's, really nice, YOU know i, appreciate that and it kind of does, make sense, you know forty years in, the desert all those kind. Of, THINGS now i don't buy in a lot, to NUMEROLOGY but i do buy into biblical definitions of. Certain things one of, the things and it does seem like we're at that time where. We're beyond we're beyond just playing. With. It now we need to do something. About IT and i hope that everybody does take. This serious we shouldn't get depressed. About. It though one of the things that that kind of goes in line with that is we're seeing a lot of young men and women coming Back, to christ going to church actually, seeking truth not just seeking somebody to, say yeah whatever they do. Is okay they're looking, for truth they're looking, for purpose and they're finding It in christ In The united states more so than, last year or the last, ten years or even the last. Twenty years so younger people Come to christ as a. Good sign i'm also seeing in my, Own life i'm seeing older People that i'm, finding that, you know so and so friends of my father who who's in his nineties Coming to christ and stuff. Like THAT so i just think. It's, incredible yeah there's there's there's something. Going on let's be on. Our knees let's be in constant communication With our Lord, and, savior awareness consciousness that, he's there and thanking him for the wonderful things he is doing and giving us the strength the power of the wisdom to do great things ourselves in, his name such as vote In conservative christians who will, total line who will.
Speaker 2: Not, Compromise amen mark six ten three six three, Eleven, ten mark why don't we Go To north carolina and Talk?
Speaker 4: To dennis? Shall? WE well I Love. North carolina welcome to. The, show dennis all, With us, Good morning god.
Speaker 8: Bless you what's on?
Speaker 4: Your, MIND well i Live In.
Speaker 9: NORTH carolina i have a son that Lives In south CAROLINA and i have been talking to him about. Financial issues and he's one of those big. Coins guys and.
Speaker 4: He.
Speaker 11: Came home he comes home about once, a month and uh hate. The dad, HE said i know you're. Doing this i'm gonna give you a ticker here and let me know what you think about. THE stock, I said i can tell you, RIGHT now i don't, know ANYTHING but i can get talk to someone.
Speaker 9: Who does And.
Speaker 11: Did did they give you the TICKER that i always wanted to.
Speaker 9: GIVE you i think it.
Speaker 8: WAS Abc, l, yes, SIR yeah i see that on the.
Speaker 4: Screen. Here yeah so so you're interested in, IN this i think we need to look, it up. You know the first stage for us is to look it up through. Evaluator services market is two and so. It is it, is clean which means that it's okay for us to move forward with looking at its, balance sheet looking at its, income statement looking. At stuff otherwise we would have just taken it off the table, and said no use spending our time. On this, it's ugly IT'S sant. I got but this one passes the first gate and. That's good with, that said, YOU know i can look. At it it's business quality IS what i would, call mixed which means there's some weaknesses. In it the valuation is what i'd, call rich meaning that a lot of people are getting behind this, right now so it's got a momentum.
Speaker 8: To it as far as the, stock price we can look. At, it.
Speaker 4: Obviously we don't have it on our. By list but there's there's some good positive About. ABS silaria i think it's called recently signed a major Collaboration With jazz Pharmaceuticals, and vertex bringing more than one hundred million dollars of upfront payments. To them so the company reported more than five hundred and sixty five million of cash and, marketable securities so they got six hundred and seventy five million. Available liquidity that's a strong. Point here the balance, sheet therefore isn't our concern. With US where i would get cautious is the trailing twelve month revenue is only about sixty six million dollars while the company lost one hundred and sixty five million dollars last year in the trailing, Twelve months That's where i'd. Be concerned and it generated roughly a negative one hundred and twenty million of free casual meaning there is no meaningful pe or peg ratio to look. At this so this is in the very, early stages even though they are, getting contracts even though. They're growing this would BE what i would call a. Spec stock it's not. THERE yet i would not put this on the by list for the financial issue of partners at. This point but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of potential with what. It's doing pharmaceutical companies are like this and they have to go through all. This research, for Example on, august tenth they produce A positive phase two result in menopausal hot. Flash drug so the stock acted accordingly and essentially became a bet on the commercial potential of.
Speaker 8: This program so that's why it's shot through.
Speaker 4: The ceiling so my bottom line, on it Really the phase two results were. Legitimately Encouraging The jazz vertex collaborations validate parts of, the platform and it's got enough liquidity that near term financing pressure is not. A concern but we're still dealing with the, negative earnings negative FREE, cash fual substantially clinical and regulatory risk of a stock that has more than doubled its technical. Over extensions so, it's overvalued it's business quality. IS mixed i will continue to, watch IT but i can't put it ON the bi list at.
Speaker 8: This time it's too risky for the MAJORITY.
Speaker 9: Of, Us, okay well during And well i'm gonna. Do now i've been trying to recruit him INTO f I, s M and i'm going to give him to listen to what you just said and HELP little I think i've almost. Gotten there i'm gonna buy his way in because he stocks he, just well.
Speaker 4: He's a young. Man too he can he can go at these kind. OF risks a younger person can.
Speaker 8: Do THAT so i like. The science i'm potential.
Speaker 4: BEHIND it i just don't like the price, of IT and i don't like the risks that are there for the. Average person. It's clean if he can take, that risk good. For him sixth in three sixty three eleven to stay, with us, and uh if, you can't you can you can by going to financial issues. Dot org grateful to have, you.
Speaker 5: Today folks market's. Just open we'll take a look at where they're at in just. A moment today's show brought to You By.
Speaker 2: Samaritan ministries so grateful for the work they do and providing Freedom for christians to be able to get off the rat race of big healthcare and really experience true. Health Freedom smart ministries dot org is where you go to learn more.
Speaker 4: About.
Speaker 2: That mark here's a good Question from Justin. In texas justin asked great questions on. The chat, in fact earlier, this week he was asking about what to do with believe it was three hundred and fifty thousand dollars that he has ready, to deploy but, he's asking, You.
Speaker 5: Know japan the market had to be.
Speaker 2: Saved There the korean market had to halt trading, this week printing money thirty year highs on the. Bond treasuries the pullback that we've. Been seeing justin's big question mark is should we?
Speaker 4: Be, worried well please you run for?
Speaker 7: Your?
Speaker 8: Life, Question, no justin thanks for.
Speaker 4: That, Question actually i'm going to tell, you no you shouldn't, be worried but not for the reasons, you think but because of.
Speaker 8: Our faith god tells us not to.
Speaker 4: Be worried we can't change a single Thing that he does not allow us, to change and we can only change those Things that he empowers us. To change we, shouldn't worry but we should take. It serious we should see around the world that there is an economic war. Going, On, China, russia iran other places are trying to Destroy the.
Speaker 8: American way and our.
Speaker 4: Allies way they're trying to destroy, every market, every dollar every inn or whatever you want to, call it whatever the currency is in these. Other nations they are doing their best to, do it and we are along with, our allies doing the best we can to do the same. To them this is something most people don't. Think about we were at War with russia for a very very long time and, still are but it was an. Economic war we brought them down During the. Reagan years they finally hit bottom. Of that they finally lost, that war but Then as putin took over as a, started rebuilding that war. Still, on yes it is something that we should be aware conscious about.
Speaker 8: And we should also be looking for the opportunities.
Speaker 4: In. There international by, the way international stocks just step BACK to us stocks as far as the.
Speaker 8: Sectors go as far.
Speaker 4: As the type, OF investments i prefer Staying in america when investing now more, than ever with the economic war, going on we want to be very careful about. Investing internationally so when we look at, our portfolios, Consider, that yeah international took over for, a while but with this, money war with this economic war going on around, the world as as we use It, Against iran Russia and china are using it. Against us they're trying To destroy taiwan's trying to trying to Get in korea to to uh weaken h there, As, well uh it's, very complicated it's. Very deep it always. HAS been i think justin you're waking up and and you're coming to a consciousness about some of, these things and it can make.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 8: Worry uh one of.
Speaker 4: THE things i know somebody who stopped watching the news because his awareness on these things became so great that he was constantly trying to juggle and put all the. Pieces together couldn't sleep, at night he had. Sleep problems he actually started going Seeing a. Christian counselor he started, taking uh, you know taking the drugs they that they that his doctors started. Giving them it ruined his life because. He worried we are not, to worry we're to Trust. In god fear is you know what the opposite of. Fear is justin it's. Called faith we have to trust That our god knows. What's coming we don't worry. About it we just we just bring, it in we, analyze it we turn it Over, to god and we move on the data based on where We believe god wants us. To HAVE so i agree it's, worth understanding it's worth, digging into it's worth.
Speaker 8: Looking at but we. Shouldn't worry we should always.
Speaker 4: Go back if you're going to spend an hour in, international economics you need to spend an hour In the bible just to make sure you're staying grounded and your hope is In. THE lord i hope, That, helps JUSTIN and i love your questions justin thank you for bringing.
Speaker 2: That, Up, Yeah, hey mark to go on to a kind of a specific path with that one mentioning caution with international should we apply that same wisdom to, you know investments Like The israeli fund, right now with all all everything that's been going, On, THERE.
Speaker 4: Well i Think The israeli fund is. Slightly different it is, An ally it is our number, one ally and they are, very innovative and we're so Intertwined with ISRAEL that i see it more like an Extension, of yeah it's just. A, step yeah but the whole world's trying to destroy it. As well, but remember if they're trying To, destroy israel they're trying to.
Speaker 8: Destroy us so they're trying to Destroy this.
Speaker 4: Israels just in, their way they're trying to destroy any any country that believes In The One. True, god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Makes sense mark six ten three six three, Eleven, ten mark we got a, question Here from eddie, As.
Speaker 4: Well tennessee, he's saying in.
Speaker 2: Regarding the forty trillion dollars, national debt what options are available for actually getting that? Under control they should try debt? Slayer, mark, Right, great.
Speaker 8: Well What what seth is referring?
Speaker 4: TO that i wrote a book thirty, years ago twenty thirty, years ago thirty. Years ago over thirty. YEARS ago i took a year off of my life from running My advisory actually WAS before i actually incorporated, my ADVISORIES when i had two partners in a thing Called The Financial, engineering center and it was an investment in financial planning and a state. PLANNING firm i took a year off of that just to help people get out of debt and develop the concepts that become became the debt. Slayer concepts some of that you've heard on the air here talking about building a motor around your castle and those kind. Of things actually that, you're right they could use these debt, Slayer concepts, But sech i'd say they. Already are when they start buying back their, own bonds what they're actually doing is repositioning, their debt and that's taming. The beast that's the second step a. Debt slayer taming debt is. The beast and what you do is you need to move your debt to the least harm to move it from the most harmful to the least harmful and most useful type. Of debt and when you, do that what happens is you end up with lower interest rates and you end up recovering some of your cash fol to put that to a, better purpose whether it's reducing the debt or shoring up, your castle your motor around, your castle so you don't have to go into debt anymore and go through the vicious cycle of, reducing debt, increasing debt and, reducing debt never really getting out. Of debt so effectively they've taken, that step they're starting to work on taming. The beasts now they need to be WORKING on i think they need to get their butts going on working on the moat around, their castle which means they got to get a budget that stays within the tax codes that we have and they don't spend more then they. Bring in that's. Very important if you can't, do that you'll never get out.
Speaker 5: Of debt, You, know mark it's got to be, Nice, thinking hey you.
Speaker 4: Know what i'm not spending.
Speaker 2: My money it's the. Taxpayer's MONEY so i can SPEND whatever. I want just TAX whatever. I want, then afterwards don't get me. Started, anyway well.
Speaker 4: You're not the. One. STARTED unfortunately i believe over half Of, our congress over half of, send it and probably a lot of people in this administration are still of that same state. Of mind they're, self centered selfish people who are in politics specifically to pad their pockets with.
Speaker 8: Year dollars we got to get rid of.
Speaker 4: Those traders we got to get in those Who love america and who are going to do the right things even if it hurts it. Hurts, them, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure Steven From oklahoma mark asking a. Good question can you redeem thirty year bonds early?
Speaker 4: If? Needed, well absolutely thirty year bonds trade on the. Open market. You can you can buy and sell them on the. Open market you can buy a thirty year bond that's already twenty. Years into a thirty, year bond you, can buy you can buy all. You know you can.
Speaker 8: Buy bonds you can sell.
Speaker 4: Them absolutely now that doesn't mean you're gonna you're gonna buy them or sell them at what they were issued at the the yield that they were. Issued at because the price of bonds goes up, and down so effect based on their yield and based where the markets are willing, How many like any any stock on, the market it's going to be bid up or bid down by what. People believe so that's the risk that we talked about earlier in this show about thirty, years bonds is that the price changes in the. Open markets they got to be very very careful. About that, but yes, you can you can redeem them and you can.
Speaker 2: Buy, them mark is there any Anything that steve and or anyone else in this situation needs to be aware of if they want to redeem those, bonds early any kind of fees or any kind, of losses anything that they should, Just, know.
Speaker 4: Well dependent on, your platform there's going to be a thief or the trade just like yeah, or not depends on. The platform that's something that's. Really interesting, you know the zero trade platforms that are around now weren't, around, ten, twenty thirty forty fifty.
Speaker 8: YEARS ago i mean they slowly.
Speaker 4: Came in, IN fact i just did a calendar about that just for my own interest on Things as, but yeah there could be fees for. The trade most people don't do something. For nothing bond traders like. Making money so there's gonna be some padding in there somewhere from who's ever who's ever doing, the transactions so h whether they say it's a charge or whether they just built it into the to it. You know, so yeah obviously there's gonna be. Something there but you may be depending on what issue you're trying, to trade you may be getting more money than you paid, for it or you may be. Getting less so it all depends on on the issue that you're trying.
Speaker 8: To trade be careful.
Speaker 4: About it just make sure realize that you're not going to get what you paid. For it most likely you're going to get a little more or a, little less and that you're Not gonna you're Not gonna the yield is. Also DIFFERENT so i think it's a. Good question, but yeah open market you. Can trade and by, the way they're, traded continuously that's how that's How the treasury is buying them back in the.
Speaker 8: Open market six ten three six three.
Speaker 4: Eleven, ten man we've had some good, questions today haven't? We suck, Sure, Have mark i'm looking forward to more. Of them, six ten three six three. Eleven ten we got fifteen. Minutes left.
Speaker 12: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station or any of the. Program's, sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be known by the program.
Speaker 4: Six ten three six three.
Speaker 2: Eleven, Ten jim we'll get right to you in just a, moment, there brother before. We do markets yesterday rose slightly following the news that we spoke of earlier today ABOUT The us treasury buying. Back Debt wednesday's Bell Saw, dal JONES, the smp And the nasdaq all. Moderately Positive the russell two thousand was up about a half percent. This morning market's all read That's what, i'm seeing and it's green where we don't.
Speaker 4: Like it So now. I'm, Sad no i'm.
Speaker 6: Just kidding don't, be, sad sad don't, be SAD because i have a question.
Speaker 4: For you coming In.
Speaker 6: For kim age sixty five usually sets, the, question Guy but i'm kind of, bored TODAY so i want to have a.
Speaker 3: Question HERE oh. I am the whole point of this show is to.
Speaker 4: Amuse Me it's. Sam's boredom So here's.
Speaker 6: Kim's question, She says i'm new to preferred stock investing and want to keep it simple without extra. Tax paperwork i've reviewed your list of options on the, buy list but need guidance on choosing the. Right ones could you please advise me on the best way to pick the? Right ones, Thank.
Speaker 4: You kim that's a.
Speaker 2: Great question you know it's good to keep, in mind and you probably know this, as well but for our, general audience preferred stocks are usually, for income so you've got that established there also usually for the, Long term so if it's on the, by list we feel like it could be a good possible income play for you and good for a long term hold and potentially even buying more, into it assuming that it stays biblically responsible and all that sort of, thing mark which obviously we hope that. It does so what you can do is you can choose the industries you're, comfortable with you can choose the yield.
Speaker 4: That, you need and you can take. Your, pick kim.
Speaker 2: There's several options for you there on the, by list so i'd encourage you go on head out there and Seek the lord and see what he might offer there.
Speaker 4: For you that's what we.
Speaker 7: Do.
Speaker 4: Here mark it's such a cool thing that we get to offer, people.
Speaker 2: Options and it's really between you And the lord to be able, to, pick okay which which one is going to work best, for me, my, time horizon all. That, Stuff, SO kim i trust That the lord's going to lead you well with that. For.
Speaker 4: Sure Absolutely, and kim if for some reason you get out there and you get even, more confused feel free to call or write in and somebody will get back with you and help you define it a little bit better so you can make the. Right, choices yeah but, that said let's Go to Jim. In Florida, hey jim welcome to. Financial issues what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: This, morning well good morning to you and Your, COMPILED right I think i find call more than once a month talk about my favorite and.
Speaker 3: The, Debt, hey jim you had all more than once.
Speaker 4: A month i feed my brother you have.
Speaker 7: SAS permission i mentioned the last time that we talked That, since obama we've added twenty eight trillion dollars to. The debt AND when i was in business school in nineteen seventy taken an. Economics course, back then the debt was only four hundred and twenty seven, billion dollars and so we were tasked with trying to figure out how to pay off. The, debt well of course none of us figured, that OUT and i had a professor and, he said here's how we could pay off. The debt, he said. You freeze you freeze the, budget now which we haven't had a budget, in forever and then, from there every year thereafter across the board one percent a one percent reduction in, the budget and that would take didn't we?
Speaker 4: Do that was That the? Clinton years or when was it that we? Actually, frozen, well.
Speaker 7: Well they actually balanced the. Budget once BUT what i was, saying was if you, did this reduce, the budget which we haven't put a budget OUT and i don't know how long. One, firs yeah to.
Speaker 8: Reduce it to, Reduce, it jim you first have to.
Speaker 4: Have, One, right, well.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly but it was taking away essentially eleven percent of over eleven years they could have gotten rid of that four hundred and twenty five billion. Dollar debt so when you're talking, FORTY trillion i don't know. About that so here we come down to the nasty truth of. It all either we got.
Speaker 4: It The same the same plan will continue, to work especially if you're pulling a full a few other levers like lowine, interest rates so new debt issued is at very low. Or zero you Know, in europe what was it the last year or or the year, before that they had below zero interest rates on their new debt that they. Were issuing, You know so there's things like that that. Go on so lowering the debt's one of the levers that has to The the the interest on the debt is one another one is exactly like you're talking about getting. A budget, come, on people we've been talking about this now. For Years our congress has to do what they were hired, to do and that's to give us. A budget get, you know we Need the House of representatives to do, their job not not spend all their time trying to get re elected or to get on the, news channels but to actually put together. A budget it's. Their responsibility let's Get the House of representative loaded up with people who understand that this election this year is part.
Speaker 2: Of.
Speaker 4: That jim we also have the ability not only to reduce the debt by by lowering the interests and by reducing the mount worse by actually having, a budget but we. Have productivity the more productive our, country is the more revenues that will be generated in. Our economy the more revenues that are, generator are the more money that could go to reducing our debt if we have the right People, in congress In, the senate and in. The administration there's a lot of moving, Parts. HERE jim i think there's still a lot. Of hope it may take five or. Ten years but even if we, you know the Last lever i'll, bring up and it's, the biggest it's a. Huge LEVER and I Thank elon musk for doing This and trump and exposing the waste and fraud in. Our government literally close to two trillion dollars of waste and fraud in. Our, government now if we stop that, every year we would balance. Our budget if we balance, our budget we could reduce. Our budget if we reduce our budget and lower the, interest rates we could reduce our debt and actually get to where we are a debt. Free nation and once we, do that we own. The, world, well peaky we've conquered.
Speaker 9: The world.
Speaker 7: What that actually happening.
Speaker 4: Is, ZERO well i would like To, say jim you're probably, possibly right but if it depended on you, And me but it doesn't depend on you. And me it depends On our God. And savior it depends On the christians of the world, coming together especially In The, united states and Voting like christians Instead of Republicans or democrats. Are independence it comes down To, our Lord, our god giving us the faith and strength to do the, right things to do the, right things even if it's painful for ourselves and. For others for a. Short time everything. Is painful any change is seen, as painful but it's. Really NOT when i Came, to christ that was. A change it was painful in many ways to. ME too i lost a lot. OF friends i had people actually tell me THAT because i Was a christian they didn't want to even hang around. With me my family rejected ME because i was in a mainstream. Religious ORGANIZATION before i, did THAT before i Actually accepted Jesus. Christis savior there's a lot, of pain, but boy the joy and the PEACE that. I, have jim we can't do. It alone but YOU and I and god we can.
Speaker 2: Do this, You, know jim you're right on as well with the idea of if we keep going the way we've, been going trying to fix this with a. Political solution it's not going. To work this is why we've been banging the drum. Mark on we need to get christ back. Into this we need To, get Christians, true christians not people who just Say they're christians and maybe uphold some, Conservative Values true Bible believing christians back into public office who are going To uphold. Christian VALUES and I believe mark that is going to trickle. Into economics there is a formship.
Speaker 4: How we live out the truth of our salvation is. Called stewardship means that everything we do we do to the Glory. Of, God well god warns us. About, debt therefore everything, we do including our running. Our country if You're, a christian You're, in congress You're, in senate you're in, the administration you're behind, the scenes you should be moving in the direction to debt free because That. Honors god because, he, said hey if you go, into debt you're, A.
Speaker 8: Slave delennar if you go, into debt.
Speaker 4: It's going to. Harm you it's going to cause you to because you're signing away part of your stewardship as. An individual when you sign on that dotted line on the bottom for, a loan for a, personal loan a, car loan a, home loan any kind, of loan you are actually signing away part of. Your stewardship, you're saying my, future INCOME which i don't even know if it's going to, Be there i'm going to give up to, you now Even though god gave it to me to use for, his glory for, His purposes i'm going to give. It up and the more you sign that, bottom line pretty soon you've given up fifty seventy percent of, your future. Your stewardship we don't want to. Do that we need godly men In. The Congress Jim my hope is like Me and Seth and sam and. Everybody, else yeah we know this world. Is fallen we know. It's Terrible but, god says do. It anyway elect the, right people, he says do. It anyway stand up for what, is right share, the truth share. THE hope i hope you're. DOING that i hope you're getting the message out not only about, our country But About, jesus christ who, he is what, he did and why we all.
Speaker 7: Need him that's one. More QUESTION if.
Speaker 4: I, might okay we got an we got almost a minute.
Speaker 7: Left here when did you get to vote for somebody that you really like and that you actually? Helped, choose.
Speaker 8: Well, YOU know i Live.
Speaker 4: In missouri i've had quite a few PEOPLE that i got to vote for that are both federal. And local you Both are Missouri and house and And in senate and In, our senate In the house in uh IN.
Speaker 8: D C so i'm. Very blessed not every not everybody gets to, Do.
Speaker 4: That jim so you're you're, Absolutely right but you still can, get involved and you still can influence. That process never, Give, Up Jim Our God's, mighty god thank you for.
Speaker 8: Calling.
Speaker 4: In jim you you bring up a lot of a lot of hard questions that we need to. Struggle with but let's take him Before, the lord and let's let's let him know we are his stewards and we want to honor him and all, we do and that includes how, we invest because if you follow, the money it goes Up To. Wall street if we change how they use, that money we can change the direction of this country And honor god and all. We do god bless. You all thank you for being with. Us today thank You For, loving lord and thank you for investing with. Biblical integrity we'll see. You tomorrow
Speaker 1: If we ever forget that we're one Nation, under god than