Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, Come on, come on, come on, headed.
Speaker 2: Ahead, good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he Rod Ryan, Yes, Sime, wakey, wakey, hands off, sneak Epe rod Ryan Show checking in on this MILF Monday, and man, are we going to have a week for you. It is going to be crazy. Visit this week Other Bends going for win number two fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 3: We got floor tickets to the Weezer, Flaming Lips Dinosaur Junior Show, which is going down the Saturday at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: We will give you those in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback the Texas Hammer Game for Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 3: That's all gonna happen at around seven, twenty twenty days, celebrating twenty years. Another two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. We'll have that for you at a twenty see there and skill it come in to town. What October fifth, White Oak Music Hall. How about a chance to meet the guys in Cither. They're awesome.
Speaker 1: We'll have that opportunity.
Speaker 3: At nine ten and then we'll give away some Metallica tickets all week long as we lead up to the Metallica ticket sale.
Speaker 1: Going down this Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm here in rumors of a big concert announcement tomorrow. A million things to talk about with the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Party and welcome to fall y'all.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent chance of rain party, cloudy high of ninety three doesn't sound very full like.
Speaker 1: Good morning Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning home room. So the man authorities believe wanted to shoot former President Trumpotto Florida Golf Course has a detention hearing.
Speaker 1: Schedule for today, So that's a big story.
Speaker 4: Also, House Speaker Mike Johnson says his chamber is planning to vote this week on a stop gap funding bill to keep the federal government open through December twenty and so they're kind of the bigger national head lines here in Texas.
Speaker 1: US Senator Ted Cruz and US Rev.
Speaker 4: Callin all Read are agreeing to a live TV debate next month. Cruse, a Republican Alread Democrat, will debate in a televised event in Dallas on October fifteenth. That's less than a week before early voting begins for the November fifth elections.
Speaker 5: That's what's going on there. Have you heard this one?
Speaker 4: Fruit enthusiasts have been flocking to Saskatchewan, Canada.
Speaker 1: They're looking for purple.
Speaker 4: Apples because they saw this image that went viral on social media, claiming they were a local delicacy. However, the photos were artificially generated.
Speaker 5: They were AI. There are no purple apples.
Speaker 4: This horticulture list down in Saskatchewan says that her garden receives phone calls whether whenever these AI generated plant images go online. She says it highlights how easily misinformation can spread.
Speaker 1: I got that on the food blog page today.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, it's on links and guests. Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. Bam Margera is arrested because he was drung.
Speaker 1: Court record show Bam.
Speaker 4: Was taken into custody this week of Wednesday, earlier this week and he was sent to jail where they say that's a violation of your probation slash parole.
Speaker 1: He had a here.
Speaker 4: He has a hearing today and according to the local newspaper there, he was arrested because he was driving. They suspected he was driving under the influence, among other allegations. So he's gonna plead guilty to disorderly conduct. That was oh sorry, he had pled guilty to disorderly conduct six months prior to He was like fighting with his brother or something. Anyway, benmar Dear keeps getting in trouble. That's the story there. Let's talk about Journey. After a subpar performance, Journeys lead singer Nail Pinetta responded to fan criticism by offering to quit. He said, if enough people texted him that he should quit, he would do so. And they are doing an encore. There's a link of them doing an encore in the music blog page.
Speaker 1: We'll play it later.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's bad, and I don't ever like to celebrate somebody struggling on stage to a point his voice he just can't hit the notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably should have been going for the extra effort.
Speaker 6: Those are using headlines taking alex Well attacks and suffered their first loss of the season yesterday.
Speaker 1: They got blown up by the Vikings thirty four to seven. C J.
Speaker 6: Straud was sacked four times and through two interceptions in the game.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just gotta get punched them mouth and then you'll bounce back. And maybe that's what that was for the Texans. They got punched them out. They just punched. That's about how you overcome these things.
Speaker 6: And they've got Sunday they'll be taken on the Jaguars at home time to bounce back against them.
Speaker 1: We got Monday Night double or Monday Night Football double headers.
Speaker 6: Tonight at six thirty, Josh Allen and the Bills are gonna host Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars five and a half point favorites heading into that one. At seven fifteen, Joe Burrow and the Bengals take on Jayden Daniels and the Commanders. You can watch both of those games on ESPN and ABC and baseball. The Astros fell to the Angels yesterday nine to eight.
Speaker 1: They did take three or four from LA in that.
Speaker 6: Series, though, Tonight they're going to open up a three game series that the Mariners. It meant it made Hunter Brown as be on the mount for the Stros, going up against Seattle's Bryce Miller.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seventeen.
Speaker 6: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that because it's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, man, four hours of pain. A lot of information coming today on the show. We're gonna be insanely busy. Strap yourselves in and come get that first phone call. Seven one, three, two two five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Okay, ninety four to five the Buzz. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, and we are off and running. Four hours of pain. Getting started with incubus and pardon Me is a great way to get things rolling today, Milf Monday. Sure, yeah, that'll be your Instagram feature today.
Speaker 3: You can check that out on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. What else will be up on the website? You had already mentioned the food blog page today. There's no purple apples.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Just because you see it on the internet doesn't mean that it's real. Okay, Ai, everybody, There's going to be some information coming this morning. I'll wait for Chili to let me know what. We are going to be out with tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party Wednesday night. We're gonna be out at a place that I've been before and it's awesome home run dugout out in Katie I'll be out there from seven until nine, and I'm gonna talk a little bit about that today on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to be out Saturday with tickets Saturday afternoon. Yeah dude, it's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's from now until the anniversary show. It's it's just nothing but a NonStop party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, party, Bob, you take the parties. Yeah, yeah, I hope so. And you know it set me up nice to party all week.
Speaker 3: Is if my Bills win tonight on Monday Night football, that would really kind of set me up nicely for the week.
Speaker 1: God, it would be nice.
Speaker 3: So there's two parties that we're going to talk about today that you can come out and possibly win some tickets. Of course, we're gonna give away tickets on the air playing the Texas Hammer game today.
Speaker 1: And then there's gonna be something the Rob Ryan Show cares store tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is going to be one of those days where any order, any donation is going to qualify you for a pair of tickets. Here's how I'm going to work that six o'clock there's four hours that the show is on. If you order something in the six o'clock hour, you'll be one of five people chosen to win a pair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. You order something in the seven o'clock hour, five people whose orders come in from seven to seven fifty nine, five people will be picked to.
Speaker 1: Win tickets to the anniversary show.
Speaker 3: We'll do that in the eight o'clock hour and the nine o'clock hour, so twenty pair of tickets will be given away to people generous, people like yourself. Hopefully that go into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I don't care what you buy, I don't care what you donate. Just go in there each hour, though and get involved and do something. You got a great chance to win some tickets.
Speaker 1: So there's that. We're going to talk about that today on the show.
Speaker 3: Does anybody remember Metallica announcing last week? I do, okay, So that was kind of a big deal, right, So we're gonna give away Metallica tickets all.
Speaker 1: Week lead up to the on sale this Friday.
Speaker 3: Chiley backloaded those on nother show Weezer tickets. Today on the show, see thether and Skillet on tour together. They're playing White Dog Music Hall. A chance to go backstage and meet the guys and see there that's early in the nine o'clock hour. And then I see phone lines are ringing.
Speaker 7: It's no time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: See what David has to say, David.
Speaker 8: Davey Rod, how you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 1: Man, great? How are you wake up with us? A lot?
Speaker 8: I'm trying to I'm trying to, all right, what I can't remember when you were first trying to get into the radio station and you ended up by Sam Houston statue up around us.
Speaker 3: Little enough, Okay, listen, I've told the story. I've told this story a million times. Testa's already rolling her eyes.
Speaker 1: Listen this this radio show.
Speaker 3: When I got here twenty years ago. If I can brag a little bit, it was in thirteenth place. Okay, nobody was listening to the radio show. So that means when I took over for my first day, nobody was still listening. It was after Christmas break. I don't believe that so many people said they heard that first show.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Well then let's let's jump up a couple of years. I only heard the beginning of it.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear the end of it, all right.
Speaker 8: I cannot remember who you had on.
Speaker 1: Or why you were even talking about this, But it was.
Speaker 8: Wet or dry toothpaste.
Speaker 3: Well that was I think what you're talking about is for some reason rod Ryan Show listeners, we had all of these qualifying things, like where we categorized our listeners. It started with sock sock shoeshoe, and then it just it became viraled. Yeah, it took on a whole life of its own. I mean, do you like a booth or a table.
Speaker 6: It will send us an entire like paragraph on emails that are like sock sock shoeshoe. Yes, with this, no, with this?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: It was so for me on my toothbrush, it's water on the brush, on the bristles, then toothpaste, and then water on top of the toothpaste, and then I start brushing.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're referring to?
Speaker 8: Correct? But I just I didn't get to hear your take going it because unfortunately I had to go inside that that nasty place call works.
Speaker 3: So I put them in the same folder as people that kick ice cubes under the freezer. If you are just taking a dry toothbrush and you're putting toothpaste on that and you are raw, you're just raw dogging and you're going in there with dry toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Friend, aug, Oh it's nasty. Oh is it nasty?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 1: And then it just it turned into a million things.
Speaker 3: Do you put water in your mouth, then put the pill in and then take more water? Do you just put the pill in your mouth and then water? There was a million other things that we started talking about after that.
Speaker 8: All right, because I've just been trying to get in because for years of it, I just didn't no, I didn't know the end of it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're in the no now, David. Thank you. I appreciate you getting started today on the Flip. We got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head, Other Bend, Get your mind right.
Speaker 9: Houston for our Houston's alternative and home at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show on a busy, busy Monday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, ah sorry little feedback, thank you for being up dark and early with us, and welcome to fall everybody. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly Claudi highs of around ninety three.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's fall around here. What's trending? It's all NFL stuff.
Speaker 4: You got the Chiefs number one search on Google one last night.
Speaker 5: Sure you out, no worries they hang on again?
Speaker 1: When was it? Will their luck run out? We don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the number one search. After that, you got Panthers, Raiders. You got NFL standings, people checking all fantasy stuff, Dolphin dursseus Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Your cowboys were coming back there for a little bit. They must have My cowboys, they must have had they won, right they not? Mike, you must have had you feeling pretty good there towards the end.
Speaker 4: No, I don't feel good ever. Concerning that, I did what I did.
Speaker 1: I did watch the Texas game. The first half. It was really brutal.
Speaker 4: I was I was kind of at an event, but I was watching on my phone and it was it was tough. It was a tough watch. And so, yeah, so it's football. Then what else? Oh, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice fens Off Transformers won at the box office. Apparently Beetlejuice managed to grab first place there. Transformers one took second place for the for its debut weekend.
Speaker 1: Then if you go over.
Speaker 4: To like Money News motel chain Motel six was bought out by the parent company of o Yo, which is a hotel contractor based in India.
Speaker 1: Apparently it was a cash deal.
Speaker 4: Blackstone Investment firm owns Motel six parent company JU six Hospitality. They announced it that this contract will be finalized by the end of the year.
Speaker 5: That's what's trending. And I for five the bus.
Speaker 10: Oh Ben, good morning, everybody, This is other Ben. I am your first round of bed head to head one day champion after an all out bar brawl with Double O seven Sean Connery. Now I'm really ready to make a run. Join me on Monday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Oh, they destroyed your question sheet, didn't they on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't call it a bra I would call it a little slapfest.
Speaker 1: It was terrible.
Speaker 4: It was a question chure upper great questions.
Speaker 1: On seven one. I think I chewed up one of them too.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want to take on of their Ben.
Speaker 11: Right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five of Us, the.
Speaker 1: Read to play a game, ninety four to five, The Bus, Lovely, the Band Broken, Rob Ryan's Show, Welcome back to.
Speaker 3: The weekend, Everybody. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. High of ninety three. Jim is asking who's six picks? Test that you had six picks?
Speaker 1: I did? Chili got he has them all right, Chilli, he's got test us six picks.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to go through those supposed to be on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Chili, I can't see you. I know you're doing some things behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Are we on Facebook Live and that sort of thing that's a negative? We are not today?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I saw Bob and Tom, which I giggle every time our engineers. Bob responded, he's trying to do something to kind of restart.
Speaker 1: A computer or something remotely.
Speaker 3: All right, we're trying to get back up on so you can see the show and watch the show and do all of that. But hopefully you're just listening along old school radio and even following us along on the app, and as soon as we get up on board and where the video is up and working, we'll see that information. But hopefully that happens during the show today. Okay, come on, let's go, let's play a game. And now it's time for the fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners, here's to your corners. Ope, I mean, I'll say this, Hey other, Ben, good morning, Good morning og.
Speaker 3: Ben chimed in after your game on Friday. He said, give him the whole drop, so he was impressed. He was impressed with your play. I was a wild was we call that a Donnybrook a doozy? Yeah, for sure? And you're only going for win number two?
Speaker 8: Right I did? Wow?
Speaker 1: I mean, what a way to come back on the show. Everybody. This is Jim. Good morning, Jim, Good morning Rod. Jim's claim to fame is when he's on with us, he sounds like he's in the traffic copter. Jim, give us an that's.
Speaker 8: The traffic's all backed up by forty five already this morning, so pack up early and head in now.
Speaker 1: Is that the funniest that's really happening? In my head? It's traffic copter. Jim is not in the trapper. When was the last time you played with us, dude?
Speaker 8: During the Hall of Fame last year? I have not been on this year.
Speaker 1: I've missed you. I've missed you in your traffic coptor.
Speaker 8: I've missed trying to get through. I'm just hearing busy signals and chili telling me I'm the wrong number. That's all I've been getting all year.
Speaker 1: Loan, know what the phone sounds like? Yours?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 1: What are they playing for? I have a right round your t shirts. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Other men and traffic copter Jim, just shout out your name, wait for me to call on you, and then do it twice. Here we go. Question number one, What scary movie has Jigsaw been?
Speaker 3: Traffic copter Jim. I saw Jigsaw is the villain in the movie Saw. Yeah, listen to Jim's got the whole newsroom.
Speaker 1: Behind you only a police scanner. Yeah, I think Jim is in a copter. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Turned down your radios boys. Next question other Ben, he got you on that one like by a lot. Yeah, step it up.
Speaker 1: What year did Prince want to party?
Speaker 8: Like it was?
Speaker 1: I heard a bunch of background. I heard Ben said. I think Ben said it first.
Speaker 8: I think it was Ben.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Ben? Other Ben nineteen eighty nine, two thousand zero zero, party tonight. I'm going to party like it's nineteen eighty nine. No, something's not right there, Jim, or something not right there?
Speaker 3: Other Ben, Jim, what year did Prince want to party like it.
Speaker 1: Was nineteen ninety nine? Other Ben Frank was not Smith said party?
Speaker 8: Yeah, a little red corvette. You didn't get that on Friday?
Speaker 1: No, Jim, alright, thanks Ben, good question.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm gonna put until people start recognizing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know. Just Prince trivia, just no study Prince before you call it?
Speaker 8: Get you a purple rain? What else do we have? Color?
Speaker 1: So have we got if I walk in here tomorrow? What color was the rain? Prince was saying, Yeah, all right, Hey traffic copter Jim, Yes, sir, you want to play tomorrow? I guess okay, dude, fire up the Whirlybird and you can't wait to have you on tomorrow. Hang on The rod Ryan Show, The buzz I Like that, I Like Daddy like that ninety four or five, The buzz some porn Brah, Wakey, wakey, hands off, Cupcakey's Rod Ryan Show. Welcome back from the weekend. Everybody, welcome to fall. What does fall look like for us?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy pie of ninety three. Did I hang one Halloween decoration this weekend? Negative? It's too hot. It was kind of too hot. Just really not feeling it yet. And I don't feel like the neighborhood's going all that early.
Speaker 3: I see if you here and there saw one last night, went out for a little walk, forced to walk, thinking that, hey, it's fall, let's go out.
Speaker 1: For a walk in the evening. Sweat mynards off, sweat minards off? Hell you put any Hello? Is Mama Cash decorated for Halloween?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 1: No? But we are late on our street? Our streets pretty well? Okay, Ellaton City? But nothing yet?
Speaker 8: Nothing yet?
Speaker 1: Okay. Then I don't feel so bad. I don't feel so bad getting after it. O g Ben says, never mind, he does not deserve the full drop. Well, it's okay. We don't need a drop fresh out of bed hand to head challenge. Here's your current champion, but I need my helicopter sound? Where is that?
Speaker 8: This is two time Hall of Famer Jim finally back in the game after hearing nothing but busy signals all year. Join me on Tuesday as I go for win number two. Bitches, there he.
Speaker 3: Is in the traffic cofer Chop didn't have you on, he said, he hasn't played this year yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about that damn phone.
Speaker 13: It's the fun back to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: I brought us some new fun facts for you guys today.
Speaker 3: Hell, when we were kids, they didn't have PG thirteen movies. No, No, that would be a good fun factory. I think we talked about it before too. At one point all of us knew what was the first PG thirteen movie. It was on the show. But my fun fact today is PG thirteen movies are allowed to use one time the F word has to be used in anger and cannot referred to as a verb.
Speaker 1: Ah makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're allowed one of those. You can float one of those out there in a PG thirteen movie. Rod Ryan's show still not PG thirteen. I wish Radio Wizard would let me float one.
Speaker 1: Of those a show, just one. There's a couple of words. It's like, just can you have can we have one, just one every now and then. Just dropping an S bomb would be amazing. Ammy Winehouse, I still haven't watched that movie. Anybody seen an Ammy Winehouse movie?
Speaker 8: I have not seen it.
Speaker 1: Nobody has no.
Speaker 3: Emmy Winehouse was tapped to sing the theme song for the two thousand and eight James Bond movie Quantum of Solas. She was a wreck at that point and just couldn't get into the studio to get it done. So they called Jack White. He was literally brought in last minute and he recorded his song Another Way to Die with Alicia Keys.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 6: Who.
Speaker 3: I still think that's a huge thing for a musician to put on their resume. Even for actresses too. If you're a Bond girl, that still means something. And if you've done a James Bond theme song, that's huge. You're in there with Adele and Paul McCartney and Carly Simon. Nobody does it better?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: It very nice?
Speaker 3: Finally, the first college football All American Team was picked in eighteen eighty nine. The quarterback was a player from Princeton. His name was Edgar ellen Poe. What he was second cousins with the author Edgar ellen Poe. It is neat, Edgar Allan Poe drops back, and Edgar Allan Poe was sacked.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's the fuck that's the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you get away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of floor tickets to see Weezer Flaming Lives to Datis Star Junior.
Speaker 1: They're on the floor.
Speaker 11: Oh close, yeah, yeah, your fun.
Speaker 1: No only child has ever held this job in the United States of America. Seven one three two point two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. I sing it to him all the time. You know what. The only person that sings it more is Mama Cash. What do they sing? Nobody does it?
Speaker 14: Okay, you sing that a lot.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I sing gold Finger to him. But that's another storm.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, terrible. It was a mixed day on Wall Street that that was up. This was going back to Friday thirty eight points to forty two thousand and sixty three, NASAK down sixty five to seventeen thousand, ninety eight benchmark ting year Treasury set of three point seven four percent. Oil trades at seventy one dollars twenty two cents a barrow to the most actives, the big studs Nike, Intel and IBM, the big Duds, Dow, Caterpillar and Goldman Sachs. The economic calendar this morning. It's all clear right now, futures. Hey there on the hipside, hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm manager.
Speaker 14: This is Howlane Manage, a director with Raymon James Porty for The rod Ryn Show from Raymond james On, Sam Fleet and Augusta not forget toys, rock out your stockout.
Speaker 1: It was announced yesterday that Tom and.
Speaker 7: Allion's expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those of Raymond Jameson Associates. Thank come ember nyt as IDC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not charanteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on lipisodes. Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Accused.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five. The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Looks like Jody got through Joe day HII. Good morning, Good morning, Jody. How are you? I'm doing well. How are y'all? Great?
Speaker 3: U Fun fact flashback all the way back back to Friday. No only child has ever held this job in the United States of America as.
Speaker 4: Being a brother, sister, older sibling, there by theirselves, they don't have anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess technically you're right, But guess what. That's not what I said on Friday, so it would not qualify as a flashback.
Speaker 3: Camille, good morning. She was getting all like, hey, let me let me figure this out on my own.
Speaker 1: Hey, Camille Camelle, Yes, God, there you are, Camille. Good morning. The segment.
Speaker 3: The segment is called the fun Fact Flashback, and we're flashing back to a fact from Friday Show. No only child has ever held this job in the United States of America.
Speaker 1: What's the job, Camille? We cannot hear you, Camille.
Speaker 3: I'm begging you to just screen the answer into your phone.
Speaker 1: President. Yes, Okay, I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No only child has ever been elected president in the United States of America.
Speaker 1: What are you giving Camille Camill get.
Speaker 4: Support tickets to see Weezer, Fleaving Lives and Dinosaur Junior.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. I heard that. I think you said thank you, You're welcome. I think the signaling in my area, well, it was.
Speaker 3: Just good enough to win those tickets this morning. Thanks for being a part of Home Room, Blinkline.
Speaker 1: Four four five the Buzz. Good morning, Ryan, Ryan Shoe. Oh so much to talk about today on the program. I don't have time right now, but I'm trying to keep you around in the seven o'clock hour. I do want to kind of do just an overview. Let's catch up from the weekend. Let's talk about all the great things that are happening this week. It is and I'm not just saying that.
Speaker 3: It really is an insanely busy week, and I need you guys to get kind of caught up on everything that we have going on. Lots of opportunities, extra opportunities to win tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. Of course, we're gonna give away tickets on the air. We're going to play in the Texas Hammer Game next hour. But I kind of want to set you up for success. I want you guys all in at the party. I want your partying with US as still the biggest ticket in town. That's with Metallica going on sale on Friday. I still think we got the hottest ticket in town right now that is available, so that might change Friday afternoon. So I still want to make good on these tickets. So I want to catch you up on all the things that are going on. At about seven oh five, twenty percent chance of rain today partly cloudy, high of ninety three is I mean, the people that do this sort of thing for a living, tell me that.
Speaker 1: It's fall right now? Right, yeah, it's fall. Yesterday officially yesterday was fall. Okay, great? What are Houston's headlines? Please?
Speaker 4: Former President Trump says he doesn't think he would run for office again if he loses in November. He made the comment during an interview yesterday. He said, I think hopefully we're going to be successful. But what asked about the possibility of appointing Tulca Gabbard, Elon Musk or Robert F. Kennedy Junior to Cabet position as cabinet positions if you win, Trump said it's too early yet, but he didn't rule anyone out.
Speaker 1: Here in Houston.
Speaker 4: The wal Trip High School band will perform at the twenty twenty five Sugar Bowl New Orleans. After all, so the band is one of five teams in the nation that's been chosen to perform at the game.
Speaker 1: It's a big honor.
Speaker 4: The students and their parents had been fundraising for this trip, but the North Area superintendent reportedly decided the band members wouldn't be safe in New Orleans on New Year's Day, that's when the game is played. But Houston married John Whitmyer offered to send a police escort with the band. NHISD then changed its mind, so Superintendent Mike Miles is also assigning HISD police officers to make the trip with the band. Renners care less about traditional luxury amenities like fitness centers and swimming pools, according to new research from zoom Zillow.
Speaker 1: Thought those were important things. You know what, I think they used to be. I think they used to be everybody wanted to live in something that looked like a country club.
Speaker 4: It finds that people are more concerned with parking where they're going to park. They want to know if they have off street parking, if they have garage parking. They want to know if they have in unit laundry, that's really important. Those are the most in demand rental features today where they're gonna park their car and if they can do their laundry in their house. Pet areas with turf are also popular. Co working spaces and community happy hours, also ranking people like the community aspect of that.
Speaker 1: Is a pool still important to you? A pool's very important to me. Will you even consider a place with that one?
Speaker 4: I would consider it in this month, Like, actually, this is a you bring up a good point because my lease is actually up, so for the winter months, I'm not as concerned about it right now, like it's not going to be really hot, but like for the summer in Houston, yeah, absolutely you need a pool.
Speaker 1: This is a question I don't know the answer to. Do they heat pools when it's cold like apartment complexes?
Speaker 5: No, they don't.
Speaker 4: And I learned a lot of places in Houston they don't have hot tubs.
Speaker 1: Like hot tubs, it's just a regular pool.
Speaker 4: There's okay, Yeah, let's talk about Friends because they are celebrating their thirtieth anniversary. The series premiered in September twenty September twenty second, nineteen ninety so premiere in nineteen ninety four and lasted ten seasons until it's finale in two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: So listen.
Speaker 4: If you're in astrology, People magazine has determined which character relates to your zodiac sign. Some of them are really minor characters though, but let's just go through it. See Rod, you're a Virgo. So you're a Monica Geller. Oh really, yeah, you can stop doing those quizes. Alex sends you. You're Monica Geller.
Speaker 1: First time Alex Europe pieces.
Speaker 4: So you're Richard Burke, who very minor character, but he was played by Tom Selleck and he was Monica's older boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're Chili dude, you're a Zaddie Chili. You're a cancer. So you're mister Heckles. That's Monica and Rachel's downstairs neighbors.
Speaker 6: Wow, ran out of like the main characters, and like crap, we have twelve of these and they did a make up other characters.
Speaker 1: Feel very honored that I'm one of the mains.
Speaker 4: I'm a Ross, I'm Eli Resta'm Ross Geller. Yeah, you guys can go check out what friend's character you are on Linkday. Guests never underestimate a good cover song. For some bands, the covers are just as popular as their originals, or even more so. Loudwire dot Com made a list of the best covers by fifty of rock's biggest bands, and this song made the list at number five. Disturbed the Sound of Silence, originally done by Simon and Garfunkel.
Speaker 1: There's do you Want? Do you want some more? Top five?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, just what I mean? Some stuff that we play here? You know? Okay, well we don't Sweet Dreams. Let's see. I just thowt performed live.
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 3: I just saw it performed live. I saw Marilyn Manson last week and it was unbelievable. This is what put Marilyn Manson on the map.
Speaker 1: There you go. So that's twelve.
Speaker 4: Nirvana, the man who sold the world number fourteen.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of people didn't even know that was a David Bowie song. If you don't play the CD out like he says, it's a David Bowie song. But if you only hear that song on the radio, that part is cut out.
Speaker 1: Because Rod told me that. Thank you. I'm glad you knew that. This list is really great.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 4: There's twenty songs. You can check it out. Red how Chili Peppers in Here a Higher Ground. That's a cover song.
Speaker 3: You what I didn't see on there. I think it's one of the best covers ever. The ataris The Atari's Boys of Summer.
Speaker 1: I like it helps that.
Speaker 3: I really really liked the song too. I didn't see it on the list. I thought they got snubbed.
Speaker 1: Does he something? What you got? The text and stuff of their first.
Speaker 6: Loss of the season yesterday they got blown up by the Vikings thirty four to seven.
Speaker 8: C J.
Speaker 6: Strag got sacked four times and through two interceptions in the game. They're gonna try and bounce back on Sunday when they was the Jaguars at Energy Stadium. We've got a Monday night football double header tonight at six thirty, Josh Allen and the Bills are gonna as Trevor Lewis.
Speaker 1: Is the Jaguars.
Speaker 6: Bills are five and a half point favorites coming into that one, and then at seven fifteen, Joe Burrow and the Bengals are gonna take on Jayden Daniels and the Commanders. Bengals are seven and a half point favorites in that one. You can watch both games on ESPN and ABC. In baseball, the Astros fell the Angels yesterday nine to eight. They didn't take four from LA in the series, though tonight they're gonna open up a three game series at the Mariners. A minute made park Hunter Brown, I have be in the mount for this shows going up against Seattle's Bryce Miller.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 6: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that that Megan thee Stallion gladiat or Pepsi commercial. The full length version of it, I don't know, it might be maybe three minutes long.
Speaker 1: It's like a mini movie.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen is in that thing a ton. Yeah, when you want it, Okay, yes he isn't it when you watch when you watch the full length version of it, the one that you watch on YouTube, the thirty second one. I guess they only have time for Travis Kelce. They know it sounds Josh gets the shaft on that he's in it a ton.
Speaker 3: If you watch the long form one, it's really good. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: We're gonna catch you up on everything that's going on. We're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game. We're gonna talk about and giveaway rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary party tickets.
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss the seventh Spot, The rod Ryan Morning Show US ninety four fun the Buzz. Welcome to the seventh Spot. Everybody, take a part of what I've done.
Speaker 3: Great way to get things rolling today.
Speaker 1: If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining the show, wakey, wakey, hands off those snakies.
Speaker 1: You already missed the Weezer tickets.
Speaker 3: That's what we did in homeroom, and then we said goodbye to other Ben spoiler alert, fresh out of edd had to head challenge. Got that guy in the traffic compter back in our Lives, first time he played this year.
Speaker 1: He's going for one number two tomorrow. It's all right. You can go and youw podcast and check out the show. Hello to everybody on Facebook and YouTube. Did you know that the show is on YouTube at rod Ryan's Show. You can watch.
Speaker 3: You can see if we look as silly as we sound, we do in fact look as silly, or if not sillier than we sound.
Speaker 1: There was a I don't know, there's a little giddy up. I guess you'd call that in the in the computer world.
Speaker 3: The computer that was responsible for getting us up on Facebook and YouTube is back up and running. They jiggled the cord and Hi, everybody watching the video now the video accompaniment to the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: So that's good that that's up and running. With a Texas Hammer game coming up in just a little bit, and I said, I kind of wanted to catch you up on all the things that are going on. There's just a bunch of stuff that Again, it's another exciting week, and all these weeks have been very exciting, especially now that we're really getting close to the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary party. I think we're three weeks out from the show now, so there is a bunch of things that are happening as we start to really really get to be in crunch time. I should mention big concert announcement tomorrow on the show. What is it, Ryan or is it on the show?
Speaker 3: I think it's I don't know if we're going to be able to do that old little thing, you know, like when concerts announced at ten o'clock and I like to go like a minute or two early. I don't know if I'm allowed to do it. This one's big, this one's yes. And that was for a band earlier. That was for a band that wasn't even this big. Not the Metallica thing was our announcement. Okay, we went, you know, two minutes before before six am, and we didn't get in any trouble for that. This one announces at ten tomorrow. I am trying to work.
Speaker 1: Can we give away a pair of tickets like we did? We've done this.
Speaker 3: Before where we've given away tickets. I know the show and I don't tell you what it's for.
Speaker 1: And then usually when we get out of here, like we like to go right up until the.
Speaker 3: Clock hits ten, sometimes a little over. So I'm working on that. But then you know, Jeremy gets pissed because he wants to announce. So I don't know, big announcement tomorrow time. I don't know who's doing it.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is going to be a huge day. Rob Ryan show cares online store. Does everybody know that we are back with our boobs rock merchandise? And yeah, there's some kick ass merchandise for for the awareness of prostate cancer. Which Prostate Cancer Awareness Month is this current month. Guys, get that finger in your fanny like your doctor. You know what you do on your own time. Time is yours.
Speaker 1: But boobs rock.
Speaker 3: We are raising money for our a team of doctors at M d Anderson who are going into work today and their job today at work is to what is secure cancer. That's what they do every single day over at M d Anderson, this team of doctors that we adopted, So our money goes directly to research. Now what would that have to do with the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Every purchase tomorrow qualifies for tickets to the twentieth anniversary show.
Speaker 1: And here's how I'm going to do it. I'm gonna do a little different.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look at all the purchases from six am or you know five. If somebody buys something in the five o'clock hour, that's easy.
Speaker 1: So the first hour.
Speaker 3: You make a purchase before six fifty nine, you're one of five people that are going to be drawn to win tickets. Then I'm gonna look at seven o'clock to seven fifty nine. I'm gonna grab five people that made purchases in that hour, same thing with the eight, and same thing with the nine.
Speaker 1: We're gonna grab five people, five.
Speaker 3: Ten, fifteen, twenty twenty pair of tickets given away to generous people that either make a donation or a purchase in the Rod Ryan Showkeres online store. So we're gonna do that all morning tomorrow, which is awesome. Then what about this whole rod I thought you were going.
Speaker 1: To be out with tickets? Well, yeah, I am. Wednesday night, I'm gonna be out at the Home Run Dugout. I have been.
Speaker 3: That's where I did that Hawthorne Heights, that Emo fest. It was so cool, it was so awesome. So Home Run Dugout on Wednesday night, I'm going to be out seven to nine, and I'm bringing a ton of tickets. I mean, I don't have a problem bringing thirty pair of tickets out there.
Speaker 1: I do not have don't threaten me with a good time, Katie.
Speaker 3: I will bring thirty pair of tickets minimum. I will bring thirty pair of tickets with me Wednesday night. Rosie's gonna play live. What Yeah, Rosie's gonna be out there playing live Wednesday night at Home Run Dugout.
Speaker 1: So now make.
Speaker 3: Plans to join me on Wednesday night. Are we sending chili out Wednesday morning?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's crazy, Roy. You can't give out all those tickets. It's gonna be it's gonna be like this for three weeks. Guys. I am my exploiting to get that many tickets.
Speaker 3: It's just we're partying. We're partying, Okay. So that's some of what's going on. I mean, those are my notes that. Yeah, there's gonna be other things to talk about, but I don't want to put too much.
Speaker 1: On your plate. That's a lot. That's a lot like coming up on the show for listening to the radio and playing with us oh Man to win the best game in Houston? Who wants it?
Speaker 3: What if you were offered a pair of Rob Ryan's show twentieth anniversary party tickets for playing the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: I can do that.
Speaker 3: We're talking about this big event October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery, live acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October thiry of a Dead Man xis.
Speaker 1: You have to win your way into the this thing. We're three weeks out. I get it.
Speaker 3: People are getting a little antsy. Well, we're giving you multiple opportunities. Now, why don't you call to play the Texas Hammer Game seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five the bus Good Morning brought Ryan Schump. Okay, getting set up for a little game. You know, we play every Monday, we play the Texas Hammer Game. So it looks like Alex is ready to rock with that.
Speaker 3: We have a twenty percent chance of rain today, nothing over that partly cloudy skies, high of ninety three on your second day of fall.
Speaker 1: And Hannah came through. One person.
Speaker 3: That was in the pit for Glass Animals last night or Saturday night that we gave away tickets.
Speaker 1: Hannah came through with the pictures in the pit. Nice Hannah, she said she.
Speaker 3: Would, She said she would when we gave away the tickets. And I said, well, everybody kind of says they're going to send us a picture from the pit. And Hannah came through with it. So thanks, thank you very much, looking good.
Speaker 1: I sent that over to Chili and Tesla right now, so they're sitting on that. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Millie, Bobby Brown and Jake Bonn Giovi. They got married again, so they've had two weddings. Now they get a low key ceremony, but they had a second wedding in Italy this weekend, present for both.
Speaker 1: I guess so, I guess so Dad's rich.
Speaker 4: Also, Kim Gardashian met with the Menendez brothers.
Speaker 5: The Ryan Murphy's Netflix series.
Speaker 4: Apparently has an accurate portrayal of their lives.
Speaker 5: Eric Menendez Lyle Menendez.
Speaker 4: Met with Kim Kardashi and they were discussing reform with a group of forty inmates. So that that Netflix series is very popular right now.
Speaker 1: It's I think this weekend, my wife. Okay, did you catch that?
Speaker 5: There was a ring doorbell in one of.
Speaker 4: The scenes, So people were like, oh, that's a mistake.
Speaker 1: That's a mistake.
Speaker 3: They went around then No, no, I didn't watch that, but I watched the first Aaron Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's on Hulu. Yah, the tight End, I don't know, I don't know story ass. Yeah, so the Aaron Hernandez thing. I watched the first episode of that. They're making you wait a week for each one. Was it good? It was okay, I don't think it was great. I just thought it was okay.
Speaker 4: And then if you go to Google searching search Google, Olivia Munn is one of.
Speaker 1: The top five searches.
Speaker 4: Her and John mulaney welcomed baby number two via surrogate.
Speaker 1: So people are googling about that. Oh okay, because she just had a baby, and I was like, that's impossible to have another one that quickly. Yeah, well I got kids coming off at a fever pace. Here you that's what's trending on ninety four five buzz, This is Danna Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game. All right, let's give away some twenty diniversary party.
Speaker 12: Tickets with Ron Ryan on ninety four.
Speaker 3: But I just hit the post on the Texas Hammer. I just hit the post on the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: Just post it all over him. Okay, uh you well, you heard somebody say that we are giving away Rod Ryan Show twentith anniversary party tickets October twelfth, Carbock Brewery.
Speaker 12: You gotta win your way.
Speaker 3: In Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 1: Lock and load with Chris. Good morning, going it, Chris, How are you.
Speaker 12: Tired?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, well you best wake your ass up because this is the hottest ticket in town right here. Okay, I don't got time for some tired guy walking around October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. Okay, I need somebody that fired up and ready rock.
Speaker 8: All right, Rod, I got you, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that you do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play you the Texas Hammer, and you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Chris, Okay, as tired as you are. Okay, why don't you be like Chili does. Whyn't you give me a big stretch, big stretch? Come on, come on, strouch. Okay, here we go. All right, Chris, get the blood going. Good luck to you.
Speaker 15: Were you born to resist or be abused? I swear I'll never give in. I refuse.
Speaker 1: Oh I think that's kind of easy, Chris, Chris, name of the band, name of the song? Two one, Get out of here, go back to sleep. Yeah, sleep.
Speaker 8: Hey Roy, Hey guys, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, my little Roy toy. Let's see if you're awake today. Take a listen to this. I'm gonna need the name of the band in the name of the song.
Speaker 15: Were you born to resist or be abuved? I swear I'll never give in.
Speaker 1: I refuse I know one. Uh go ahead, Roy, name of the band of.
Speaker 8: You Foo Fighters?
Speaker 1: Yeah, plup Alex with a layup this morning that in the history of this game, which has been years now, I would be the second one that I knew that might be number two.
Speaker 3: Uh, dude, you and me and your friend Roy are going to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party October twelfth at the car Bock Brewery.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so so me too, me too, because I knew it. And I'm giving myself a ticket to the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I kN I mean your yours is I mean, it's you know, rod Ryan, You're the first word in the name, so you should be there.
Speaker 1: Dude, I just gave myself a ticket and now you have. You have two tickets. Who are you gonna bring?
Speaker 8: My wife is actually our fifteenth living anniversary the.
Speaker 3: Day after, bro, you are completely off the hook on getting her any presents.
Speaker 8: This is it? This is it?
Speaker 2: Oh, so stoked, doub blind.
Speaker 10: I can't wait.
Speaker 8: I'm so stoked.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for you and your wife to come party with us.
Speaker 8: Roy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for playing today, man, I'll see you on the twelfth, all.
Speaker 8: Right, Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks rout there, Ryan Show on ninety four or five experience, I am sure came into the cosmic unknown, the bus ninety four or five buzz food fighters and best of you.
Speaker 3: And that was the song delivered by the Great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: My man, mister Jim Adley.
Speaker 15: Were you born to resist or be a bee? I swear I'll never get in I refuse.
Speaker 1: What's it like to feel that way every week?
Speaker 3: Because I you know, I don't recognize these lyrics, but boy, when it hits you and you know it, I just I get so excited.
Speaker 1: It's only happened maybe two or three times same in the history of playing this game.
Speaker 3: I think you jumped on a blank within eighty two song a couple of weeks or months ago.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the ill. I can't tell you how excited I was.
Speaker 4: So joy is unmatched when you know what the Texas Hammer is talking about.
Speaker 1: I gave one of these claps. I was so excited that I know I gave myself.
Speaker 2: That I know, I know it.
Speaker 1: It was easy. Alex. Thanks yeah, okay, thank you to the Great Texas Hammer for helping us out every Monday playing that silly little game. Well, we gave away pair of tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. He sounded.
Speaker 3: Roy sounded very excited him and his wife. I love the fact that it's a you.
Speaker 1: Know, he's tying that into his anniversary. Tessa didn't look like she agreed with me. Twentieth anniversary. I go, bro, you're off the hook. You don't have to buy her anything. You got tickets?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends if she loves what he loves and they both love the band. I think I think you can skate off. I think you can get away with that. But if it's like he wants to go more and that's how they're going to spend the night, I save Roy.
Speaker 1: A ton of money. I saved Roy a ton of money on his wedding anniversary. Get her a beer too, Okay, I'm cool with that. A couple of love stream blondes and a couple of liquid deaths, baby, a liquid death? Do you want to liquid death?
Speaker 9: Baby?
Speaker 1: It's sufficient death? Do us party?
Speaker 3: So lots going on with the Rod Ryan Show twenty diniversary party, Payola, She's at.
Speaker 1: Home Run, dugout Wednesday night? What where is this place? You know what I did? I googled home Run dugout Katie, and I sent her the link. Isn't that wild? I'll do that for it. Listen, got a little job to do here, but I don't mind looking that up for you, Payola. I want you to be out there Wednesday night. I'm out with tickets. I do see. I do mine. Wednesday night. I'm out with tickets. I'm there seven to nine.
Speaker 3: She needed to hear that at this great place called home run dugout and I said that our good friends in Rosie are going to be performing live out there on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Does everybody remember Rosie?
Speaker 3: Two time champions of Hometown for the holidays. They got two songs two years in a row.
Speaker 1: Now, Ma, well, I think now would be as good a time as any to let you know that we have. Also, this Rosie party is kind of.
Speaker 3: Like a congratulat this this party I'm doing on Wednesday with Rosie playing live. Another reason that you could come out is you could congratulate them on being at it. To the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: They're gonna they're gonna open things up for us. They're gonna open things up for us.
Speaker 4: So like my sweet Rocker baby children, they're awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just out in La playing like at a surfing contest on the beach. They're so cool, So shine down, Sublime Blue October Thiry of a Dead Man XIS and now Rosie also performing unplugged acoustic sets Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: They will be fully plugged in. They will be fully plugged in. So it's a huge deal. It's a huge deal to be added to that lineup and they deserve it. They're awesome. So congratulations Rosie.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to see you Wednesday night, and of course can't wait to see you at the big party. Jeff sends an email, brother Rod, would you.
Speaker 1: Please not mention the secret link.
Speaker 9: To the.
Speaker 1: Dude. You've got to start those emails off with do not read this long there, jeffs.
Speaker 3: Jeff, you cannot send me an email like that. You know I'm gonna read whatever's in the teleprompter. Okay, I'm Ron Burgundy.
Speaker 1: You don't want me talking about something. Then you have to say, don't read this on the air.
Speaker 5: It's too late, yes, fair whoop, too late.
Speaker 1: Whoopsie Daisy Jeff.
Speaker 13: The Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Celebrating twenty years ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz All right, ninety four or five The buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's Green Day. It's the third Latest rod Ryan Show. Milf Monday. Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody, Welcome to Paul. Y'all just rolls right off my tongue. No, yeah, I am you are, y'alland I have arrived. Guys, our famous, our famous Scott Wiland, who listens to this show. He goes, would you please stop googling things for people? The less people at Home Run dug Out Wednesday, the better waiting ticket. I have to invite everybody.
Speaker 4: The way you look at kicking a cube under the fridge and not cleaning your limbs like I look at that for people asking questions you can google.
Speaker 1: It's so offensive to me. I don't think it so offensive.
Speaker 4: I'm like, why are you wasting everyone's time?
Speaker 1: What did you say about the colored blue Google blue? Man? It's a big story.
Speaker 3: I I didn't mind looking that up for her Home Run dug Out Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Scott Wyland, our famous listener, Scott Wiland. I want everybody to come. Rosie's going to be playing. There's no cover charge. Somebody asked, what does it cost to get in.
Speaker 3: It doesn't cost to get in when I'm there, that's one of my rules.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever really talked about that on the air. When I'm out, there's no there's no cover charge. Charging at the door. Yeah. I can't even imagine something paying a cover and come see me. That would be I'd be embarrassed. Nobody would come right. Like, I'm not singing. I'm not performing a jig. I have never been asked to sing. Damn it right, I'm not singing anything.
Speaker 5: Once you do, that's when you start charging.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: That's Wednesday night. Tomorrow in the store, Ashley with an I mishards. He's gotten there buying all this stuff in the store today. Hold up, Ashley. I love that you're going shopping today, but tomorrow in the rod Ryan Show Cares Online store. People that buy things in the six o'clock hour or make a donation for Boobe Rock five Winners rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, then make a purchase in the seven o'clock hour, five people from seven to seven to fifty nine, eight to eight fifty nine, five people. If you make a purchase in the nine o'clock hour, I'm gonna grab five people to win tickets to the Twentythniversity.
Speaker 1: Giving tickets run, Yeah, giving them all the way.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I's it like Wizard's like, dude, you gotta hold back. I'm like, we're not holding back anymore. We're three weeks out.
Speaker 1: I'm going as many people as I'm going.
Speaker 3: I'm going ham on these tickets this week, all right, I mean literally.
Speaker 1: Because lonely it was just us to night twelve people listen. We got to pack up blue so quick.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a guy that won a Nissan Sentra at the Oklahoma State Fair.
Speaker 1: He stayed in the car for three days. Years ago, when I was.
Speaker 3: In Buffalo, I hated that the competing radio station had this living it to win it promotion. And there was a fair like the the Erie County Fair, and that's where you got a lot of foot traffic there, and they had a car in there and they would get five listeners in this little tiny car and you had to live in it to win it, and it was like a survivor type thing. And the thing about it is whatever you ate, all of the rappers and all the garbage, everything had to stay in the car.
Speaker 1: So if you drank a water bottle, that water bottle stayed in the car. If you had a pizza and everybody shared a pizza, the pizza box stayed in the car. Oh no, so you limit it to win, and they gave way like a geo tracker. I don't know if you remember those. Back in the day, it was it was the cheapest car out there, but it still was a great promotion. Still a car, right.
Speaker 3: I hated that the competing radio station had this awesome promotion going in the summertime. So this happened in the Oklahoma State Fair similar It was called the stinkin CenTra and four finalists had to sit in the car for days.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't get a shower or anything like that. You get bathroom breaks, but you don't get the shower.
Speaker 3: That was the thing in Buffalo too, And then the person that stayed in the car for the longest amount of time would win the car. So there wasn't that many rules here for this one. They could leave every three hours for a restroom break. Nothing could be taken out of the car, so there were if there any scraps from the fair, food or anything, everything had to stay in the car, just like I explained there was another rule which caused some controversy here though. You apparently weren't allowed to bring anything into the car either. So during the competition, there was two guys remaining and one of the dudes and this is what happens when you do a contest and it's a big prize and you've got somebody like Alex playing, and they're just looking for some way to you know, break the system.
Speaker 1: I cover all your bases. So guy Brian goes down to the bathroom break. He reached into the tank and he scooped out his poop and put it in a cup, and then he brought that into the car with him. He brought his poop into the car, so the other guy gets in immediately smells it. He figured out what happened.
Speaker 3: He complained to the organizers and they agreed that the poop wasn't cool, so they had the crap removed and then they didn't disqualify Ben though, but the other guy was furious that he even tried this, and he said, listen, I got more self respect than this. So the dude, the thing's on Facebook now, the things everywhere.
Speaker 1: So he quit.
Speaker 6: The other guy, Quita you're saying he quit because he didn't wait it out.
Speaker 1: You could back. I'm gonna show you. I'm not getting out of his car. He cannot bring anything into the car.
Speaker 6: They recid him, and they let the competition continue, did they not?
Speaker 1: So the guy that left the car posted a video that he feels like he's the rightful winner. I was waiting for the bitching out. I was waiting for the bitch. Now you don't quit. It doesn't matter, dude, just through adversity. How do you gloss over the fact that you are not allowed to bring anything into the car. And he brought his poop into the car. I think that's gross.
Speaker 6: But they allowed him to continue playing, And if they allowed him to contest, right, they should have done that.
Speaker 1: The people in charge should have done that. If you're there, you gotta playing through.
Speaker 3: Its immediate disqualification for bringing the poop into the cart.
Speaker 1: Play right, not because if they don't do it, you have to play through it, not because it's poop, but for bringing anything to the car. And that's where they made a mischake. The should have just pooped in the car. That's what sucks on these things.
Speaker 3: And I imagine that was in the rules that you couldn't because you were allowed bathroom breaks. The problem is you're you're running these things and this just you guys have all been involved in these You have to make that snap.
Speaker 1: Decision because all eyes are on you. You're in the middle of a big promotion.
Speaker 3: You probably got the media involved or all watching this thing happen, and you're trying to make the right decision. But you have to make that decision on the spot. They made the wrong decision here, they really did.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give a car to someone who put his own poop in a cop like this is guy.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get it to somebody that just got out because he's whiny like that's worse.
Speaker 1: God, damn the Alexis of the world. Please don't play our contests.
Speaker 9: Rocking alternatives This Morning Show six ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan show up on this Milk Monday, Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody. Twenty percent chance of rain party.
Speaker 3: Claude'skuis Hies of around ninety three, I got seven fifty five.
Speaker 1: Let's get right after a Tessa Hesse Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: The man authorities believe wanted to shoot former President Trump on a Florida golf course has a detention hearing scheduled for today.
Speaker 5: So we're going to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: That's kind of the big story then, how Speaker Mike Johnson says his chamber is planning to vote this week on a stopgap funding bill to keep the federal government open through December twentieth. Those are like the national headlines. Then here in Texas, US Senator Ted Cruz and US Rep. Callin all Read are agreeing to a live TV debate next month. Cruiser Republican all Read the Democrat build debate in a televised event on October fifteenth. That's less than a week before early voting begins for the November fifth election. Fruit enthusiasts have been flocking to Saskatchewan, Canada.
Speaker 1: They're looking for these beautiful purple.
Speaker 4: Apples after an image went viral on social media and claimed there were a local delicacy there. However, the photos were artificially generated and confirmed by this horticulturalist at Dutch Growers in Saskatchewan. She mentioned her garden center receives phone calls whenever this AI generated plant images go viral, highlighting how easily misinformation can spread.
Speaker 1: Stop me if you've heard this one.
Speaker 4: Ban Marjera is back behind bars after getting arrested for drunk driving.
Speaker 1: This guy, I mean, it's it's sad. It's a fall from grace.
Speaker 4: Why is he arrested well, because it's a violation of his six month probation sentence from June.
Speaker 1: So six months, I mean back in June.
Speaker 4: I don't know how long ago that is, but in June he pled guilty to disorderly conduct because he got in a fight with his brother.
Speaker 1: Remember do you remember that he was on the Crazy Criminal blog page for that right, So police in where was it? I mean, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter where it was. But police.
Speaker 4: Thought he was driving under the influence, so they pull him over. He was, and they're like, okay, you can't do this. We got to take you back into custody. So he's going to be in a lot more trouble. Let's talk about Journey because their lead singer Arnelle Pinetam responded to fan criticism he was doing an encore at a concert.
Speaker 1: It's not any concert. It's rock and rio. It's huge, so.
Speaker 5: A big concert and he's been struggling vocally.
Speaker 1: Do you have audio of it? I do you want to listen to me?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 3: It hurts me number one, because I know this guy is a good singer, you know, and everybody knows that, this original Journey singer, Steve Perry, he just had a voice that wasn't from this world. So now you got a couple of guys that have since filled in. This guy has been great for a number of years. Are we seeing the end of his tenure? Let's take a listen to this Journey singer.
Speaker 8: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank god for the crowd. Yeah, it's one of those things where he kept going for it. He was pushing and you know, just do what they do and Botley crue let the fan. You got a million people out there of that concert. Let them sing it. Yeah, you know, and again you'll take criticism for that. But if you just can't hit it, you said it was at the end of the show. Yeah, you know. I mean what Steve Perry did back in the day, this voice right here, I mean, he can't do it anymore either. That's why they have a replacement singer. But the replacement singers are just they can't keep up. The voice is just it's too crazy.
Speaker 4: Arnell responded to the criticism because fans were commenting on how bad it sounded, and he was basically saying.
Speaker 1: That he would quit. He offered to quit.
Speaker 3: I think he's looking for a way out because there's so much fighting within the band anyway that he just feels like he's in the middle of it and Journey's a mess.
Speaker 5: You can read on the music BOMK page. Those are some sidelights.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it. With that vocal that we just heard, with the fighting that's going on with only two original members, it's time to shut down the party. I know, Journey fans. Does the Journey come now and end?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you got to put it that way, how do you go back home? I think you're staying at the party a little too long.
Speaker 6: Do you know, like if they ever quit, they would just have to post that final scene of Sopranos and be like, thanks guys, that Fay's black and it's like it's been real.
Speaker 1: Do you think that was the cronic achievement of that band? The last episode end the band? Just that goes black? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 6: Sports sex and suffered their first loss in the season yesterday, got blown out by the Vikings thirty four to seven.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 6: Strat got sacked four times and through two interceptions in the game. They're going to try and bounce back on Sunday when they host the Jags Stadium. We got a Monday Night football double headed Tonight Thinks thirty Josh Allen and the Bills host Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars. Bill's are five and a half point favorites in that one. Then at seven to fifteen, Joe Burrow and the Bengals are gonna take on Jayden Daniels the Commanders.
Speaker 1: They come in. It's seven and a half point favorites the Bengals do.
Speaker 6: You can watch both of those games on ESPN and ABC on the sports blog page today. The Lions had a pretty crazy hook and ladder play for a touchdown yesterday, if you got to go check that out. The Browns also did an entire eleven man choreographed dance in the end zone while there was a flag on the field, so you're celebrating something they didn't even Oh, that was a bad look. Then they gave up three scores that were unanswered and lost the game, So we looked awesome. The Browns Brown Shawn got deshawned. So go check that out on the sports blog page.
Speaker 12: Today.
Speaker 6: In baseball, the ass Shows fell to the Angels yesterday nine to eight. They took three or four from LA in the series. Though tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Mariners. A minute made Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows to be going up against Seattles. Bryce Miller first pitched at sevent ten. You'ven listened to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Yes, PJ sends an email he's very excited if the Astros win tonight, do they clinch the division title?
Speaker 1: They're been there five games.
Speaker 6: I think they have six or seven lab so they might they need one or two more wins.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll find that out, or if you know that, let us know. If tonight's a clinch game, that then I'm going back and forth between the Bills and the Asters to clinch Al West title. Tonight. It is Monday, it's a clinch game, okay, all right, Well, thank you, PJ. I appreciate that. That makes it that much more special rock and alternative. Very use there The rod Ryan Morning Show six to a Ay, Here we go twenty four five the bus half way part of the show here eight oh six flying by on a Monday. Thank you guys for being on board with us. I hope you're off to a great start to your Monday. Welcome back for the weekend. Welcome to fall everybody. Twenty percent chance of rain today here party cloudey highs of around ninety three. Yeah, it's confirmed.
Speaker 3: So with an Astros win tonight, clinching the division seventh time in eight years.
Speaker 1: Side note for our Astros tonight, last time.
Speaker 3: They're going to wear the Space City jerseys and they're going to retire them after today, and there's going to be what they call they call those City Connect jerseys. So how does it link them even more to the city. It's at specialty jersey. You know they're going to come up with a new one.
Speaker 1: No wonder they were selling these ones for fifty bucks at the last game.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my wow, the Space City jersey an's super sale.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when they first came out? And I remember the first time. I feel like you and I might have been out somewhere walking around. Was it Saint Patrick's Day or something? And those Space City jerseys were brand new.
Speaker 3: Anybody at them, but everybody was asking, hey, man, would you get dinged for that? I mean people were paying one hundred and forty bucks for.
Speaker 4: Those Huh yeah, I think at least I think, oh God, when they first came.
Speaker 5: Out and they are so clean, I still like them. Now they're going to be a throwback.
Speaker 1: We're cool. I we even stole that.
Speaker 3: We made a rod Ryan Show shirt based off of that borrowed so retiring that jersey tonight, so if that's a thing, that's not I mean, listen, you don't need any extra Okay, they clinched tonight. If they win, okay, seven time in eight years, a lot of emails coming in, people still fired up.
Speaker 1: I get it, man, Football is a football town. But let me tell you, this Astros team is one of the greatest teams ever doing what they've been doing over these past couple of years.
Speaker 3: We are so unbelievably spoiled with this team that now we kind of, oh, we're in the playoffs, No big deal. Remember when they were losing one hundred games a year. I've been here that long.
Speaker 1: Okay, memory I was here, they were losing one hundred games a year, multiple years and a half hours, just get shelled, and I would just be like this guy, So right when I got here was the Clemens years. Okay, right when I got here, we go to the World Series. Does this happen all the time?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: This is awesome to like, no, dummy, this has never happened before. So I'm thinking, Okay, this is great. This is gonna be what happens all the time. And then it just got so bad for such a long time. We the last ten years has been amazing. It's just been unbelievable. It's so much fun. So go astros tonight, let's get a clinch. Let's start talking playoffs. Let's get into it here, let's go, let's go. It's as loud as IM gonna get. It's one day coming up on the air.
Speaker 3: A two hundred dollars Academy Sports an Outdoors gift card. We're in the third big week of four twenty days celebrating twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show. Our friends at Academy Sports and Outdoors have given us a two hundred dollars gift card to give out each and every day, and I know people are super excited about this, so I'm gonna have that coming up for you. On the flip of this break, I talked about the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. That's the biggest thing going on right now because it's tomorrow. The in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, we're selling all our new Boobs Rock merchandise.
Speaker 1: I still haven't. I mean, listen, here's me telling you I'm waiting till tomorrow because i want to win tickets tomorrow. Five people that place an order or a donation in the six o'clock hour, five of you will be randomly selected to win rod Ryan Show twenty f Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 3: Then the seven o'clock hour, you make a purchase between seven and we can see the time stamp of when your order went through seven to seven fifty nine, five people will be drawn. Eight o'clock hour, you make a purchase or a donation, five people will be drawn. Nine o'clock hour, twenty pair of tickets given away to see if you can get in there and flex and the rod Ryan Show Cares Online store.
Speaker 1: So that's going to happen tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're going to do that all morning long, and you should go and have a look at that boobs rock merchandise. Anyways, all the money stays right here in town. It goes to our team of doctors at m D Anderson to cure cancer. Okay, Breast cancer Awareness Month not till next month. It's prostate cancer Awareness months. And that's why we do the kick ass program. All right, So you talked about Bam Margira. He's headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page. Guy in North Carolina got released from jail, stole a utility truck two hours later.
Speaker 1: Okay, the truck's bucket was up in the air and there was a dude working. Think about like a Centerport energy kite type guy. He's in the bucket. The guy took off with the up. You're not gonna go far. That's terrific. You're not gonna go far. The boom was extended.
Speaker 3: The guy drove more than half a mile before crashing on the side of the road. Boom hit a power line. Utility pole snapped and the worker got tossed from the bucket. But he had a safety strap on and that kind of saved his life. One of the interns when I was working in Buffalo. We used to take out a truck and when you broadcasted live, you had this huge antenna come out of your zain.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you look at old k LOL videos, even old Buzz videos or pictures, there was a huge antenna that would come out.
Speaker 3: Well, radio stations have always been cheap. They got some kid working for free that's driving the van out there to go pass out t shirts. And you know, once the guy gets done talking, kid packs up the van, puts the table in there, closes up the plastic bins, and then drives off.
Speaker 1: What did he forget to do bring that down? That antenna had to be fifteen eighteen feet in the air. Guess what gets you wham? Yeah, power lines And that's bad. You mentioned that whole thing turns that that power line lights up that antenna and then it lights up the whole van. I don't know that the kid could have been killed, but well, yeah, a lot of people could have been killed. That thing breaks off, lands on someone. So yeah, the dude is I've got this on the Crazy Criminal blog page. All right, So you can see that on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com of US Rock and The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Oho Academy, Sports and Outdoors. We got that two hundred dollars gift card coming up for you on this MILF Monday. That's our number one link today, No kidding, no Monday number one. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. I have ninety three on your second day of fall. A lot of people ask me, where are the Fall games? Where are the Fall games?
Speaker 4: Bila Brown and Pumpkins spice prices right, Yeah, if only those people could get back in touch with us, those those hosts of those shows.
Speaker 1: I don't see it on the docket anywhere. Now.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is going to be crazy because we're doing the thing with the rod Ryan Shokeres online store. We're gonna be giving away tickets to the party. And then Wednesday, I think Chili plans on checking out again. So he's like, he wants to keep going out so he doesn't have to play Chili Brown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's I gotta go have some more fun.
Speaker 12: It's fall.
Speaker 1: It is mother father Fall. You gotta say I got not long fall y'all, Yeah, fall y'all, And I got not one chili brown game or one pumpkin twice price is right. I don't even see it, like anywhere in my outlook calendar. Where is it? Alex, don't look at me and say you don't know. I want to answer, I don't know anything. I'm gonna try do this. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, in the last ten minutes, my six Picks from the weekend is the most popular blog page.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well now I just want to tell you something I got to do.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, Saint Arnold hosts a barbecue showdown.
Speaker 1: It was the eighth annual.
Speaker 4: One rod all like the local pitmaster talent was there that one judge didn't show up, so they asked me to do it. I'm sitting by Will Buckman from Corkscrew Barbecue. He goes, hey, I love listening to you guys in the morning. He goes, pitmasters, we're up early. He's like, I'm up it for you, and he goes, I'm listening to you guys while we're working the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not strippers. People that smoke meat get up early. Okay, so listen.
Speaker 4: So Rosemeyer Barbecue won the judges choice. Firecraft Barbecue won the people's choice. I got a shout out huffern In's because they're an amazing team over there. I just feelt like the barbecue community here in.
Speaker 1: Houston is like the best in the world. I'm just gonna say it. Have you best in the world. I have hosted these things before, and you really have to have disciplined What do I mean by that?
Speaker 4: Take one little bite instead of eating the whole dang thing that's delfted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the first two three things come around, you want to eat that whole thing. You want to eat that whole lollipop or whatever they're.
Speaker 1: Giving you, right, you want to eat it. You can't. You cannot because then it's not fair to you know, if it's if it's the twentieth third of the twenty fifth thing that you have to taste right now, you're taking it like a little rabbit nibble, and it's not fair to them. It's not.
Speaker 4: So there were thirteen participants and yeah, it's like the best thing you've ever eaten, and you can only take one bite.
Speaker 1: Because you have to save room for everything else. It was amazing to get out to them on the.
Speaker 3: Air complaining about judging barbecue contests. Not complaining is if you have to be disciplined to do it. If it was easy, everybody would do it.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Also, the Milk Monday's doing great.
Speaker 4: The Milk Monday is a link that a lot of people are clicking on. I haven't clicked over there myself. I'm more interested in Moodang Monday. I'm trying to see what mood Dang's up to today. Yeah, so I don't know what her mood is today. I gotta go check up on the little baby hippo that has stolen all of our hearts.
Speaker 5: Happy Monday, mood Dang and Houston Barbecue and the Mills.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. That's what's trending on ninety four five the bus. Okay, let's give away a great gift card here.
Speaker 4: Okay, two hundred bucks, two hundred dollars Academy gift card celebrating twenty years of the.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show in Houston. Who wants it? Oh that's a different game, that's a different what I mean, Does the guy at Academy sound like that? I don't know. Academy is what's now?
Speaker 4: Joy?
Speaker 1: All right? Caller number gives me this side I call her number twenty seven one three, two, two, five, nine four five. The twentieth caller gets the two hundred dollars Academy Sports An outdoor gift cards the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the bus being him ninety four or five, the bus that's our friend's shine down. Symptom of being human. Cannot wait. You know, I was asked this weekend round. You get excited for your party. You know what I am?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes I don't know how this is going to come across. Like these buzzfests. Okay, like we go.
Speaker 3: It's not hard work, it's fun, it's awesome. But I don't take the time for a buzzfest. I don't take the time to sit and enjoy it because there's an interview that I got to do coming up.
Speaker 1: I got to be over here for the stage announcement.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm not swinging a hammer, Okay, I'm not restoring power. I'm not working outdoors in the elements. I'm not saying that it's hard, but I just I go through the motions and I don't necessarily know that I stop to smell the roses for something like a buzzfest all these years, all these events. As a matter of fact, I just want to make sure we get through them, nobody gets hurt, and we do what we say we're.
Speaker 1: Going to do. For this, I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm making myself. I want to enjoy.
Speaker 3: I want to drink in the whole moment of this party, and I just don't normally do that. So I was asked again this weekend, are you looking forward to your party? I went through that long dissertation what I just did with you, and I'm going to try to not do that at this one.
Speaker 5: You're gonna try to enjoy yourself, relax a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to walk around and I want to talk to everybody. That's all really fun for me.
Speaker 3: But when you start just moving from person to person in person, in your shaking hands, kissing babies, taking the pictures, sometimes not.
Speaker 5: Really in the moment, it's hard to stay in the moment.
Speaker 3: It's like your wedding reception, okay, which you've done, but I don't know, Alex, is it a little blurry or is it just like I remember every.
Speaker 1: Every moment from it. Because I was told to enjoy my reception and you can't help it. It's a blur. I remember a lot of it. Yeah, but yeah, it's kind of a.
Speaker 3: Blur because you want it to go well and you're worried about all the elements and all the planning that's been going on. You just want to make sure that it comes off. And for me, I'm a people pleaser. I want everybody to have a good time. I'm not worried about me. I want everyone there to have a great time.
Speaker 1: And something is.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make sure that I'm going to live in this moment, because I mean, it's a huge thing. The twentieth anniversary party, we just heard from Shining Down. You guys knew that Sublime and Blue October and Theory and X's are going to be there.
Speaker 1: Did you know that Rosie is going to play? That was the announcement today. We have added local heroes Rosie to the bill and they are also going to be playing an acoustic unplugged set, but fully plugged in Wednesday night. Rosie's going to be out at the home run Dugout.
Speaker 3: So as a celebration of them being added to the twentieth anniversary party, They're going to be fully plugged in, fully leaded, and the home run dugout between seven and nine. I'm going to be there and I'm bringing I said, I don't have a problem bringing thirty pair of tickets. Okay, I'm going to say that I will bring at least thirty pair of tickets with me on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Chilli, you got these events up right? You know there's a section on our Facebook page where you can put events that's kind of like an official thing now right, Yeah, so they're awesome, that's awesome. Yeah, and then I don't want to confuse people, but there's something on Saturday coming up, right.
Speaker 16: Yes, Saturdays and Wednesday are Wednesdays Double David Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's where right there, there's my guy. Yeah, are you are we never playing the Chili brown game? Are you leaving Wednesday again?
Speaker 12: Right now?
Speaker 16: And I'm focusing is when the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary, So you would have to talk to the Chili Browns agent for that.
Speaker 1: So are you gonna go missing on Wednesday show? On Wednesday Morning show? You know what if?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not gonna beat around the bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, so Chili will be out again on Wednesday, and then I'm out on Wednesday night. Guys, if you're not, if you haven't after this week, I'll say after this week.
Speaker 3: That includes where I'm gonna be on Saturday. If you haven't won tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party, I feel like you're not trying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I second that.
Speaker 1: What do we gonna do?
Speaker 12: I'm We're out.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, everywhere. We are gonna be everywhere this week.
Speaker 12: We might have to start picking them up and taking them home.
Speaker 1: Man, what's that great?
Speaker 12: The listeners go pick them up?
Speaker 1: What what are we doing?
Speaker 12: Yeah? We might have to just pick the listener at home and take them to the event.
Speaker 1: And take them back home. Oh, like a bus situation. Yeah, like a Chili uber like a tuber, Yes, we call it uberto Sheelto. There's an app, download the Shelto app. His cars smell wonderful. But hey, fool, thank you Chili, and we're on Hey, we're on Facebook and all that stuff. You can see us now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're finding back up and running.
Speaker 1: Man, thank you. All right, let me go over to the phones here, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got Amanda? Well, hello, Amanda, how are you good.
Speaker 3: Great, thank you for asking our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors for twenty days. They wanted to celebrate the twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show here on ninety four five the Buzz by giving away a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 1: Today's gift card is yours. Yes, finally spending it on yourself or purchase making purchases for someone else? What are you doing for someone else? For someone else? Yeah, wow, that's nice. That's nice for my husband? Actually? Really, no, do you already know what you want to get him?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: What do you?
Speaker 1: Is it a surprise or can you share it with us?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Your shirt?
Speaker 1: A new fishing equipment? So is it for a birthday? Or you just want to just do something nice for him? Is it like is it an anniversary? No, just to do something nice. He has always been there since day one, and I want to treat him one sweet Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 5: She just wants him to catch bigger fish too, so you can get home for dinner.
Speaker 1: That's appreciating her man's right, appreciating your man's love him. I love hearing that. I love you man the best love you too, all right, You're the best hang on the phone for me. Thank you, Amanda, Lucky husband. There's Jimmy Eat World and the Middle, Fine, the Buzz Buzz, Jimmy Eat World in the Middle, rod Ryan Show on this Milk Monday. I did get around to go checking that out. I promise your six picks are next for me. I just had to go check out the mall. Oh okay, but no, I want to see your barbecue pictures. I want to see that you are out there as a big judge. So you got some pictures of some of the food.
Speaker 15: That you ate.
Speaker 5: I actually have those in my phone.
Speaker 4: If you only get six picks, I put a picture of me cutting into one of the plates, but you can't really see what the plate is.
Speaker 3: I'll get over there. I'll get over there. Testa six picks await on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Oh, imagine this from Chad mc imagine this, Rod Can I get the penis music? I really need some accompaniment for this.
Speaker 1: I want to read this mood. Yeah, I should have told Alex going into the break. Why would I Why would I plan ahead to talk about something on the radio. Just wait for Alex to give me some music real quick. I just want to hear the music anyways, because I want to. I'd like to think that at some point moving into these holidays. Nope, that was no the Penis music. We know, we know, we know, we know. That's not okay? Can I specify? Can I get the Peanuts song?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought he said Penis? I thought he says. I literally said.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm not even gonna ask.
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Do you see how to hang on his sock in the Penis bed, like I'm setting it off Peanuts and I'm talking about Chili. I said, wait a minute, this is about Chili. Can I get the Peanuts song?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Talks about Penis is a lot to bluetoo.
Speaker 5: Wait, no, no, enough, I heard the exact and I didn't.
Speaker 1: That's only taken ten minutes.
Speaker 3: But now the table is set. Now I could read this email from Chad MC. Imagine Chili meeting people in some strange parking lot to do story time with Chili Brown. He reads a book, Others sit around listening to him. This is how the game can run, and you can give away tickets. I don't know that Chilia has done a live reading. He has done a live reading before, and Ditch we did do this before.
Speaker 12: Chad.
Speaker 1: You might be onto something. You may be onto something here. He's like Jesus.
Speaker 4: He just preaches from the mountaintops and people come and groves to listen to the good word.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that to you, Chili. It's too chaotic out there trying to win those tickets. He doesn't have time to be putting candy corns in his mouth. Look out, ladies, that's why they want those chili hugs. Yeah, can I get the chili Penis music? What have I ever asked for Chili Penis music? I say Penis day. I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I'm not the only one. They ask people, Hey, what is mandatory to do before you go on vacation? Clean your house? Okay?
Speaker 3: Number three answer is clean your house. Packing is obviously the number one thing that you have to do. Number two last minute shopping for stuff you need on your trip. Number three clean so you don't come home to a filthy house.
Speaker 1: That's the one rule. I absolutely have to clean my house before I go on vacation. You do not want to walk into chaos because guess what, when you come back for vacation, it's chaos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're tired. Maybe you had a long trip, maybe your sun. I mean, you don't know what could happen on that vacation. At the very least you come back to a clean house.
Speaker 1: That is the absolute. I mean that I agree with this.
Speaker 3: This is one two three. I was just surprised that people put that at so high. To walk into a clean house, it's yeah, it is premium for.
Speaker 1: Me, pro hack. Yeah, you know what I doan bleach in all the crappers, Okay, and not a capful a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to come in like somebody just cleaned up a crime scene. Okay, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: The amount of bleach I buy, they think I'm dexter over there at the grocery store. It is insane how much bleach I got through at my house. I love it. I'm not like a Huffer. I'm not a Hoffer, but I do.
Speaker 3: But boy, do I appreciate a bleachy smell like of bleach when I walk into my bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, no to go, are you making drugs?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? Breaking bad over here? Stop with that. Yeah, bleach bleach bleach in your crapper before you leave for vacation, even a long weekend. It's a wonderful thing to walk into. Wonderful. It's a wonderful thing to walk into go on vacation.
Speaker 6: So I don't have to worry about any of the stuffs you did like that you did once one time I did.
Speaker 1: With your hot dog legs out there, and I didn't do any hot dog like you did hot dog legs. You and Emma both did hot dog legs on your Stories Stories maybe Stories.
Speaker 11: Boston, Houston, Houston's alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety five, Hey ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning you, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, guys, we've got one more hour left together.
Speaker 3: My goodness, man flying By, Seither and Skillett are coming to town. I mean, we do have other concert tickets to give away other than the anniversary show, and we're going to really focus on both on two different great tickets, Seether and Skillet October fifth, White Oak Music Hall at about nine ten, we're gonna hook you up and you get to go backstage to meet Seither, So that's awesome.
Speaker 1: And then Chile backloaded these as he he knows.
Speaker 3: Metallica announced last week on this show, Energy Stadium June fourteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale this Friday. We have Metallica tickets all week long. Win them before they go on sale, so know the show is where you're gonna get in on that first second day yesterday was a first day, second day of fall, twenty percent chance of rain, partly Claude high ninety three.
Speaker 3: Those things don't belong to a tous second day of fall ninety three. Tessa one final time Houston's headlines please.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump says he doesn't think he would run for office again if he loses in November. He made the comment during an interview yesterday. He said, I think hopefully we're going to be successful. When asked about the possibility of appointing Tulci Gabbert Elon Musk or Robert Kennedy Junior to cabinet positions if he wins, Trump said it's too early yet, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: Rule anyone out.
Speaker 4: The wal Trip High School Band will perform at the twenty twenty five Sugar Bowl New Orleans. After all, the band is one of five teams in the nation chosen to perform at the game, and the students and their parents had been fundraising for this trip right well, the North Area superintendent reportedly decided the band numbers wouldn't be safe in New Orleans on New Year's Day when the game is played, so he.
Speaker 1: Basically told him you can't go.
Speaker 4: Well, then the mayor steps in, John Whitmyer offers to send a police escort with the band, and Hid then changed his mind. So Superintendent Mike Miles is also going to assign some Houston I St.
Speaker 1: Police officers to make the trip with the band.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on getting chosen to the Wild Trip High school band.
Speaker 1: That is huge.
Speaker 6: Famous Waltrip alumni is Kim Middleston. That's where Patrick McCardell the Buccaneers, I believe too.
Speaker 1: Patrick Swayzey's much older than your mom. Yes, much significance. They didn't, Yeah, they did older, Okay, they didn't go. Did they cross each other in the hallway? Obviously not here a wedding down the hall you would have seen Kim's dance moves and been blown away.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, but Patrick Swayzey's mom at some point in his schooling.
Speaker 1: His mom was a dance teacher. Yeah, she had a dance studio. Yeah, but and I think she also maybe taught at the school or something. All right, and then you know who else, Don Swayzey. Look him up. I don't forget about Don. You can't forget about Don.
Speaker 3: It's his brother, and he so creepily looks like they look like each other. It's like, why didn't they anybody give a job to Don and dance?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think Don's been in a bunch of B movies. It's bad. He just looks like on Patrick Squaze. It looks like Patrick swayze light.
Speaker 3: If you took the very very handsome Patrick's Swayzy face and then just kind of like smushed it, it.
Speaker 1: Looks like Don's. Like that's what Don Swayzey looks like, if you just smushed his head a little. That genetic pool is something else, man, Poor Don. Let's talk about renting.
Speaker 4: A new analysis of close to five point six million rental listings on Zillow reveals what today's renters actually want. So yeah, okay, to forget about the luxury of maddies like fitness centers, swimming pools.
Speaker 5: That's what you would think people are looking at no. No, no, people want to know where they're parking.
Speaker 4: They want a good parking place, and they want laundry inside their unit. They want in unit laundry. Those are the most in demand rental features today.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's kind of I mean, you know this because you're in this game and you've gone around, and I going around with you. When you first moved here and looked at some of these really high priced places, the uh what was what's the roof place over here behind us?
Speaker 3: The house, the skyhouse we looked at and it seemed like the trend was with all these things going up and even that real fancy place in the heights.
Speaker 1: It's all the amenities. I thought that's what the trend was. And you wanted a a concierge and you wanted all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's cool, but if you're not using that stuff at times, like you can check your own mill, you can get your own stuff like delivered to you.
Speaker 1: My place is added a movie theater like a couple of years ago, and.
Speaker 6: They're like, we're doing this looking and then it's like you're gonna raise rent because of this, and it's like we just put a big TV in a dark room and you can watch movies.
Speaker 1: They're like, I have a TV in my house.
Speaker 8: I have a couch.
Speaker 1: I can watch that there and it's right next to my fridge. Yeah, strangers don't come out.
Speaker 4: I like, I do like a balcony. I think that's like a luxury amenity. I do like a little balcony.
Speaker 1: But Alex, you don't use your pool. I never have. I never hear you talk about using the pool at your apartment. Emma uses it like two days out of the years. Yeah, it's like the baby down on the pool yet. No, she's not big enough pools. Yeah, it's just throw a room. No, figure out, not yet she figured it out. It's human nature. Not yet. Look at me, Look at me.
Speaker 5: So I got here, guys, this is a really important story.
Speaker 1: Can you please? I swam here my dad for in the pool years ago.
Speaker 5: Friends is celebrating thirty thirty years.
Speaker 4: The series premiered in ninety four and it's finale and it's finale was in two thousand and four, So listen, all you astrology heads. People Magazine determine which character relates to each of the twelve zodiac signs. Like, if you're in Aries, you're a Chandler. If you're a Taurus, you're a Rachel. If you're a Virgo like Rod, you're a Monica Geller.
Speaker 1: Is it news? If you're a you're a Ross.
Speaker 4: If you're a Pisces, you are Monica's older boyfriend played by Tom Selleck Richard Burke.
Speaker 1: That's you, Alex. Congratulations like the old Zadi.
Speaker 8: Too.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. It's entertainment and astrology. People love those things. But did you I missed the part of what's the connective tissue here? Is there some kind of thing coming out? There's none? Is there some box coming or astrology? And I was like, I'll go with that. No, they're just celebrated. Are they releasing friends? Crystals? Got my Chandler, Crystal Charging?
Speaker 5: Max is putting like a best of collection, Let's go.
Speaker 4: Never underestimated coord cover song. For some bands, the covers are just as popular as their originals. Loudwire made a list of the best covers by fifty rocks biggest bands.
Speaker 5: This song ranks at number twelve. Eurythmics are the.
Speaker 4: Original song producers the song producers of this, but Marilyn Manson does it Awesome Nirvana, The Maners sold the World.
Speaker 5: That's a David Bowie song. Nirvana covered it.
Speaker 4: Good Times Bad Times by led Zeppelin, has been covered by Godsmack, Darling Nicky was by Prince Food.
Speaker 1: Fighters have covered that.
Speaker 4: We played a sound of Silence Simon and Garfunkle, but we do it the disturbed version and Wizard likes to sing that one.
Speaker 5: So those are reasons that blocks down, get meat.
Speaker 1: Right back, comes in and sings.
Speaker 8: This one.
Speaker 6: Texans suffered their first loss of the season yesterday. He got blown out by the Vikings thirty seven. Let's try and bounce back on Sunday when they host the Jaguars at in our g Stadium. We've got a Monday night football doubleheader tonight at six thirty Josh Allen and the Bills they're gonna host Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars. Bills are five and a half point favorites in that one, and then at seven to fifteen, we got Joe Burrow and the Bengals taking on Jaydeen Daniels and the Commanders.
Speaker 1: Beingals are seven and a half point favorites in that game. You watch both.
Speaker 6: Games on ESPN and ABC on the sports blog page today. The Falcons gave away hot dogs, chips, and sodas to fans last night.
Speaker 1: It was one of the coolest most ever.
Speaker 6: The owner of the Falcons, Arthur Blank, had himself inducted into the Front of Honor. You owe the team, it's your team, you can do whatever. He was like, all right, we're gonna induct into the Hall.
Speaker 1: Of Fame the deciding Boat.
Speaker 8: They're like that.
Speaker 1: He's like, all right, you.
Speaker 6: Don't think that's cool. Well, everybody gets free sodas, chips and hot dogs. The three chips what kind of chite?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They take a bag of chips and then Joey Chestnut showed up. He's like free hot dogs.
Speaker 1: No way. They only got one one per person, but still a pretty cool move.
Speaker 6: You can check out on the sports blog page today and then I've also got a pair of tickets for Caller ten right now seven and three, two and two, five, nine for five. You can go see U of H host Iowa State this Saturday at TDECU Stadium. I want to go watching college football call ten to seven one three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 6: In baseball, the Astros fell of the Angels yesterday nine to eight, and it took three or four from LA in the series. Though today they're gonna open up a three game series with the Mariners. A minute made Hunter Brown will be on the mound for the Stros going up against Seattles. Bryce Miller first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That that's going on in sports and clinch with a win tonight and clinch with a win. And the last time they were in the Space City unfort Yeah, everyone clinched there for good luck. I'm tired, all right, clenching. Houston's rocking Alternatives The Road Rast Morning.
Speaker 7: Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz Leaka Park. Great way to start up the nine o'clock hour. Good morning, everybody. I hope this morning's been good for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being a part of the show. I keep resetting it up because we're gonna be so busy this week and already busy today, but very very busy this week. Lots of opportunities to win tickets, to come out and say hello to us, to go get a hug from Chili. All of that stuff is happening this week. There is a big concert announcement tomorrow. It's coming at ten o'clock. I don't know if we're gonna get to touch it.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: I think it's on that level where we knew we were getting Metallica at six am, so I didn't feel so bad going at five point fifty eight. I don't know that I can go at nine point fifty eight on this ten o'clock concert announcement tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know if I can. You're gonna get in trouble, yeah, I enough trouble last week, Okay, Like I don't need any more trouble. I don't need to go to the principal's office anymore. Last week sucked or get in trouble. Okay. I'm not a rule breaker. I'm a rule follower. Yeah, okay, kids, I follow the rules around here. Okay. So I don't know how that's gonna play out, but we'll all know at ten so and then we'll have tickets. We'll have tickets on Wednesday. But i'd love to kind of slide one in there at it right before ten. I don't know if we're gonna get to do that before ten o'clock today. Metallica tickets all right, they're playing Energy Stadium June fourteenth. We're getting Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies opening our show. That's great, that's awesome. Tickets go on sale this Friday, so when them before you can buy them all week with Metallica. I got to see their skill tickets coming up. That comes with a backstage pass to go meet the guys and see there. That's pretty cool. We'ven't done that in a while. We need to do more of that. I think what else tomorrow? Rod Ryan Show Cares online store, Boobs Rock Merchandise. Listen, we got some great looking merchandise in there. I gotta move. I gotta move some stuff here. I gotta raise money on top of all this other stuff that's going on. I gotta raise money. I need your help. I have to put me in put me in that Bernie Sanders meme. I'm coming to you and I need your help once again. Once again. I am coming to you and I need money again again.
Speaker 3: I need you to go in the store tomorrow unless you want to go in there and buy something today that's great Tomorrow. Five winners that make a purchase in the six o'clock hour or a donation. Five people are gonna be randomly selected, and we're gonna give you rod Ryan Show twenty t aniversary.
Speaker 1: Party tickets seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: Five people that make a purchase in the seven o'clock hour from seven o'clock to seven, I will see it when your purchase went through. Five people eight to eight fifty nine, five people nine to nine fifty nine. Five people will be drawn twenty pair of tickets for going into the rod Ryan shokeres online store, making a purchase, making a donation.
Speaker 1: That's going to be happening all day tomorrow morning, which is again another thing that's happening during the fall, because it's fall that is keeping us from playing one of our fall centric games that I love that I love to play on the here I prompt. Next week, we're doing something next week because Wednesday, Chili's leaving to go do another one of these ticket hits. He's out there. He's out there just gallivanting. Rump is time right, So he's not going to be here right next week we're playing one of our fall games. Don't look at me like that you are. You're giving me a look looking at you with my eyes. I want you or your twin brother to get on the same page here. Next week Tuesday, we are getting a bonus to broker a deal with the hype man. We are either and if I got to take it to a Twitter ex pole next.
Speaker 6: Tuesday, Chili Brown or the hype Man in here we are playing. You can take it to as many Twitter polls as you can.
Speaker 1: Either America vote. We're playing either Pumpkin Spice, price is right or Chili Brown next week. Okay, you make book on that, missy. Yeah, sir, I don't know. I don't know. Don't ask questions. Just get the guy here. Okay, just get the guy here. See my job to get the guy here. You've been tasked with that on that. Okay, he wanted a raise inflation. That was what he told everyone. Any rays that you were hoping to get that whole, that whole I am not him, he is not me. The whole penis peanuts thing that happened earlier, everyone said, you said everyone. Just when you take a step forward, Alex, two steps backwards. Hell and that you did it? Would you give no one?
Speaker 8: No one?
Speaker 1: You want to send on me? Send you a few emails? Okay, well I can send you like thirty. There was confusion with me asking for a penis or peanuts earlier on the show. No one, send me an emails? Want one email about it? Tell me what we're giving away? Pair of tickets? See see there and skill it. Why don't you use a call?
Speaker 4: Plus, you and your guests will meet see their backstage at the show.
Speaker 1: You want to meet those guys. They're cool, man, Get the picture, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You want this to happen, trust me? Seven, one, three, two, five, nine, four five. Looking for caller number ten.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Let's go up to the phones here, Good morning, good morning, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: This is your buddy?
Speaker 1: When when you sign them a bitch?
Speaker 12: Your caller ten, they're mommy laugh every.
Speaker 1: When I call you a son of a bitch. Yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad because I'll keep saying it to you as long as you're laughing. When I want to give you tickets to go see Seether and skill It. It's October fifth, it's at White Oak Music Hall. And I mean, dude, come on, you're representing us now, Okay, you're gonna meet the guys in Seither. All right, yes, sir, all right, I know you can handle this. My man, Win congratulations due, good to.
Speaker 8: Have you on.
Speaker 1: HI hop for me dude online it's Alix online ninety five.
Speaker 3: The muzz man good Old Wind's been listening a long time to this show. He became Rod Ryan Show famous. He was calling in for all the concerts when they went on sale. He would go right to the pavilion box office. And back in the day, there used to be a big line of people out there will win when nobody When everyone was buying their tickets online, everyone kind of made the switch.
Speaker 1: He still went to the box office, old and that's where the son of a bitch, I'm like that son of a bitch in the pit for every Buzzfest, standing on the same spot every concert announcement. I knew I could look to my right and there was Win right there.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 1: It's like they should like have a little truck outline of his little feet where he stood, he stood, they should bronze it. Yeah, all right, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: This is something that Tess is gonna love. This is for when people send you emails.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, ron, where is this event? I don't know my home run doug Out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this link from Today's say, well, it's let me google that for you, and it's just Google.
Speaker 1: They just it is a link. Yeah, that sends you a link to the Google search.
Speaker 4: So send this to the top of our Facebook page, pin it to our Twitter profile.
Speaker 1: Exist all right, so this is the backstory on this. And some guy that works in it just sent this to you earlier, so, which is hilarious. I've had an old edge you guys sent this run good pivot by you.
Speaker 3: So I was talking about being out on Wednesday at this place called the Home Run Dugout. I said, it's in Katie. It's called the Home Run Dugout and I'm going to be giving away tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Paola sent me an emails like what is this? What is this home Run dug Out place?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 8: What is it? Like?
Speaker 1: Where where is it? She knows the name, she knows I'm going to be out on Wednesday. So I went and I googled it for and Tessa's like, don't you google that for her? I said, I will do that. I don't care, happy to do it. It doesn't bother me. Oh let me please, it doesn't bother me. Follow this link. Testa's like, you do not google that for her? I feel like that's like ninety seven percent of Facebook right now is just like anybody know where I can buy clothes? It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people ask me answer, I believe it or not. I do get asked about T shirts and stuff that I'm wearing. It's all from Amazon. It's all from How do I get there? Can you send me the link.
Speaker 6: Amazon Amazon, Today's AOL dot or send it over to them. Yeah, but yeah, if you want to help somebody else, let me google that way. Ryan at the Buzz dot com love you pay all.
Speaker 11: Twenty years of who Mayhem in the Morning with the run Ryan Show only ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Jenny Rowl means a favor Rod Ryan's show. Jeez man, it's nine thirty.
Speaker 3: We have thirty minutes left to party with each other this morning, and then I'll turn you loose and let Jeremy kind of take over. Have to see if he's still giving away rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. He always does that, like win your tickets in the one o'clock hour, and he just said everybody's been choosing those, so hopefully he continues to do that. We have Metallica tickets for their show at Energy Stadium coming up on Know the Show, so we will get to that before we get out of here. A lot of questions coming in the rod Ryan Show Care Store, We're going to be talking about that all day tomorrow and I'm just giving you some I'm trying to get into the store at number one to go look at the brand new Boobs Rock merchandise. There's all kinds of new stuff in there, and we're gonna pull five winners every hour. So if you want to purchase multiple things, you know, buy one T shirt at a time and do it all morning long, if you have the if you have the time to do that, if it doesn't interfere with your work schedule, but every hour, five people are going to be drawn that made a purchase or a donation in the rod Ryan Show Care Store, and we'll give away tickets to the anniversary show. Chilly already said he's going to be out on Wednesday morning. I'm gonna be out Wednesday night. I've already said I'm gonna be out Saturday with tickets. So I pissed off one guy. Dude, don't ever say that we're not trying to windy. I think I said, because we're giving aways so.
Speaker 1: Many this week. I said, if you don't win, you're not trying. Okay. It's like I didn't say that. It was like when Joe Biden said, if you don't vote for me, you're not black. Okay, you're not trying, okay, Joe Biden, Yes, you don't remember that Charlene Charlotte show, that's crazy, Charlemagne the Gods Show, which is an iHeart watch that, which is an iHeart the Morning show in New York bas Club, he said, if you don't vote for me, you're not black. I'm on a morning show. He's famously said that. So I'm famously saying, if, okay.
Speaker 8: What color you are?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you don't win tickets this week, you're not trying. That pissed off one guy. I'm not trying to make you mad. I'm just trying to motivate you. Okay, just like Rocky Rocket didn't get mad, You're not motivated. It's like no, no, no, no, no, no no, he's getting angry.
Speaker 14: We know how that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a week in the legs those times. So I've got you already mentioned guys, there's no purple apples.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was a dumb fake news story on a social media website. They're a delicacy ride and everyone's and everyone's going to this specific place in Saskatchewan, Canada. Okay, that would be in Saskatoon, all right, guys, due to its chili climate. They say that they had the perfect growing conditions for purple apples, and then influencers want a picture of them biting into a dumb purple apple. The only problem is there are no purple apples. Okay, I love So that's on the food blog yeah, because somebody got got yeah you love that because you didn't care about the purple apples. You just wanted to do it for a picture for me. You wanted to look at me moment. So also on the food blog page today is a small town restaurant in Washington State. They went viral on TikTok because a customer find they've had it on the menu for a while. Apparently they make a ten pound cinnamon roll. Okay, it's not a it's real. It is apps. This one is real.
Speaker 3: The purple apples you're write that was AI. This is a ten pound You can watch them make it. It's not AI. Somebody ordered it. I don't know if they ate the whole damn thing. And I think the price is discussed in there somewhere. But I told you fun fact.
Speaker 1: Fat boy has smelled them, just like you guys have in every airport in America. I have never had a citabon in my life. I can't even I would be so disgusted with myself if I sat and ate a citabon and the smell. I don't even think that's the smell of the cinnabons.
Speaker 3: I think they have a fan blowing out cinnabon like they have some cinnamon diffuser.
Speaker 1: That's just throwing that out there. Some essential oil.
Speaker 6: Yes, there was a place in San Antonio that has I don't think it's ten pounds or whatever that is, but they have giant cinnamon rolls and we got those one time, and they were pretty dead.
Speaker 1: My cinnamon rolls are hard to mess up. But you're so skinny of your ass doesn't stink, so you immediately after, I just couldn't be myself to do it. It's like, you like cookies. We're gonna bake one hundred pound cookies. Where did those big ass cookies come?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Listen, Oh those thick cookies. I ate the whole thing last Friday. I have a problem with chocolate chunk cookies much. I told you, I nibbled on it. During the show, Chili brought in some big ass cookies and called thick. They were like hockey pucks.
Speaker 5: Big bakery is that what they were?
Speaker 3: And I just said, Okay, I'm just gonna have one. I'm just gonna have one, no big deal. And then I ended up eating the whole thing, and I was disgusted with myself.
Speaker 1: I shared mine with Travis, Aren't you the best? And we had it with almond mile. Pretty pretty healthy treat for us. Chili. Where those cookies come from from?
Speaker 12: A hung girl of mine?
Speaker 16: Are uh fake bite cookies?
Speaker 1: They were Instagram They were the size of a I mean sick reference. They were hockey puck's eyes. Yeah, they were dense and thick and just delicious. I couldn't stop myself.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the bad weighed like about five pounds and it was only like, what six cookies in there?
Speaker 1: You know what put one on the scale. Those cookies might have been quarter pounders. Love them. They might have been quarter pounders.
Speaker 5: Delicious, delishous.
Speaker 1: So back to the food block page. This really is worth checking out if you don't want to see the ten pounds cinemon, if you don't care about the purple apple fake news. Somebody, and I imagine they've been working this for a while and the owner of TikTok probably gave some kid, I'll give you six months. If you get some traction, i'll keep you. But you know what, I don't understand what you're doing. I don't. I can't figure out what this stuff looks like. Who's going off? Somebody's going off? Or hell, oh that's Chili's. Chili's got some hot calls coming in. Sorry, So back to this. The nutter butter TikTok uh huh, Nutter butter not nutty buddy, because that is the ice cream. Nutter butter are those cookies that are shaped like a big peanut. Yeah, nuts peanut not peanut, guys. The official TikTok for Nutter Butter cookies is insane. It is absolutely insane. And this is why I was setting it up. Some kid goes in there with some vision. These are like trippy acid horror stories, okay, and they're trying you're trying to sell cookies. Somebody finally just said, is anyone else seeing this? It's unhinged. So somebody put out a TikTok and said, listen, what is going on with Nutter Butter? Are you okay? What is happening? Do we need to check on you? It's like a fever dream. It's a bad acid trip, acid trip. And finally, and I say, it's probably some kid that's making these things, these mini movies and everything.
Speaker 3: It is off the charts. I'm telling you, the Nutter Butter TikTok is something you want to check out today.
Speaker 1: It's headlining the food blog page. So because the kid had a vision, he's finally been discovered and it's out there.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna save this guy's job or this gal's job. That's how unhinged the TikTok is for that cookie.
Speaker 1: It's headlining the food blog page, The rod Ryan Show on the Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five, The Buzz Offspring pretty flying for a white dude. Rod Ryan's Show on This Milk Monday, number one link today competing with Tesla six picks though going back and forth today. So those are your two big links under links and guests. I would go check out all the links today. If I were you, I'd check them all out thoroughly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 5: That I had a hot tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think, I think. I mean, I encourage you each and every day to go check out all the links, and I'm gonna be hitting you hard tomorrow with the rod Ryan Show Cares online store as we give a new opportunities to get into the anniversary show.
Speaker 3: Did you see anywhere? I mean, everything that he covered I think we needed to cover. Did you see that Cards Against Humanity is suing Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Did you see this story?
Speaker 4: I saw it briefly, but I passed by it. What is the reason behind the law suit?
Speaker 1: I didn't know how big it was the story, but you'd see it years ago, Cards against Humanity. Maybe Alex will remember this, remember when they bought a plot of land. They were just digging, and they wasted like millions and millions of dollars and they just wanted to They were just digging a hole. It was.
Speaker 3: It was some kind of like to show how, like how government or somebody waste money. We're gonna waste money and we're just gonna live stream digging a pit. The Cards against Humanity for a while was rolling in money. A couple of years ago, they bought.
Speaker 1: A plot of land on the Texas Mexico border in Cameron County. The only reason they bought that land is so that they owned it, and then that was going to prevent a wall from going up on that portion of land that they bought. Cards Against Humanity were just being wacky like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Elon Musk is involved in that area with his SpaceX program, and he apparently was staging all kinds of things on their land.
Speaker 4: He was construction materials like gravel on the land without permission.
Speaker 3: And he was using it like it was his land. Cards against Humanity they happened to own that land. They're like, hey, that's our land.
Speaker 1: What are you doing staging and you're clearing brush and everything on our land. So apparently last minute, Elon Musk throws them an offer and they're like no, So they want to sue them.
Speaker 3: So it's a fifteen million dollars lawsuit going on right now. Cards Against It's just funny. Cards Against Humanity is suing Elon muskrat so wild.
Speaker 1: Such a weird headline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're asking for fifteen million dollars in damages. They say they lost vegetation on the layout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weeds. Those were by weeds, but they were going to grow something there. They were going to grow the purple apples there. Maybe what do you talk about what you're giving away on know the show? It's a pretty good prize. I think maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: Pair of tickets to see Metallica on their m seventy two world tour, Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies on this bill going down at Energy Stadium June fourteen. Now, tickets aren't even on sale for this yet. Rod gave away a thousand last week.
Speaker 1: You got in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 4: They're playing September twenty seventh. They go on sale ten am a ticketmaster dot com on Friday. So just keep listening to us to you know, win some more before you can buy them. But that's going to be the Know the Show prize.
Speaker 1: And I do it all over again.
Speaker 3: Okay, just so you know anything for the people that have been supporting the show for twenty years, Metallica tickets on the.
Speaker 9: Flip Houston's for Houston's Alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap up a Monday show. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy ninety three. Where's the Is there a cold front coming through? Is there some kind of a fall like Judu, It's it's not even to be a cool for it. It's gonna be like less than hot.
Speaker 5: Looks will be in like eighty five range, not ninety five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I saw the high on Saturday. It's Monday. I'm already talking about the weekend. The high on Saturday was ninety, so that means like eighties most of the day. Delightful.
Speaker 3: We're talking about a concert. There's gonna be on June fourteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I getting one, though it's almost a year away. Metallica Energy Stadium tickets go on sale this Friday. We have a pair of tickets and all week we'll have tickets before they go on sale. What's your question going to be today? What music did Rod call for? When he was talking about she well hits. You gotta accept two answers because I know what I asked for. All we know the right answer. Well, judge it when they call check the motherlod on. We tweeted it out. You can check the table you'd like to.
Speaker 5: It's been no chids, guys, there's what music did Rod call for?
Speaker 1: And there's only one correct answer, the one that I asked for? Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 12: We are easy to find any place you are.
Speaker 13: Tell your smarttz.
Speaker 1: I heard radio ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, guys, we're gonna wrap up this show. Thank you for being a part of our Milk Monday celebration today. Twenty percent chance of rain probably Claudi's guys, high of ninety three. I am contesting till the end. What were you about to talk about? Is now time for I know this show on ninety four five? All right, this is a the show segment.
Speaker 8: To me.
Speaker 3: There's only one correct answer here, so it's for big tickets here. Good morning, Rod Ryan show.
Speaker 8: Are you look?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I was doing great until I started getting some lip from the show here, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Please tell me what music Rod called for?
Speaker 8: Song?
Speaker 1: I did not. You lose, You lose, You lose was what I heard too. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: I don't need any lip from you, Jeremy. I'm getting enough from the people that work here.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: I like to have a good time. I like to have a good time, but I've had enough of this. I asked for Peanuts music. It was Jilly Peanuts. To check the tape, Okay, is there a check the tape? Please please us this we get out of here. I didn't this is I did not ask for this song.
Speaker 8: Check that.
Speaker 1: Check the tape. Check the tape. Okay. Who on Twitter with and I tweeted this, Well, imagine this from Chad MC. Imagine this, Rod. You can't get the Penis music a compliment to this uts Peanuts. I asked for Peanuts music, Jeremy. I'm gonna let you slide because I guess it sounded a little like Penis. But I asked for Peanuts music. You're lucky. I'm in a good mood. Jeremy, hook this guy up. Don't gonna worry me about Jeremy. Uh. Pair of tickets to see Metallica.
Speaker 4: You've got him m seventy two year old tour Pantera Suicidal Tendencies.
Speaker 1: You know the show. You know what, if they played the Penis song, they probably will. Jeremy, get out of my face before I change my mind. All right, dude, congratulations, thank you, thank you again.
Speaker 3: That's Jeremy tickets. Wow, I'll see him at Metallica. We're gonna give away Metallica tickets all week. They go on sale on Friday.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe we'll give away a ton of tickets on Friday again, I don't know. Other Ben was ruined this morning by a prince another prince question. What's going on? Yeah, what's going on? Prince phase right now? What's happening?
Speaker 17: I'm in my purple rain era Okay, so, uh, trupper traffic cop traffic chopper trapper traffic, Oh traffic.
Speaker 3: Copteror Jim traffic Coptor. Jim is now our one day champion. He's gonna be back on with us tomorrow it was a battle between Milk Monday and Testa six Picks. That's what people were looking at online. Chili, Did anyone else Chili?
Speaker 1: Did anyone go else? Look at any other links today? This still? I think his screen's been frozen. I think he did. He leave, probably Joy Joy like he's a mile away.
Speaker 8: He is not here.
Speaker 1: I could yell all I want there was a secret link today?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, little fella extract what's up? Did did anybody find the secret link today? Yeah?
Speaker 12: It was about one hundred and four people.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'll tell everybody on three things you must see today. There was a bonus link I can tell you right now is Tommy Lee's wiener. And underneath that, if you if you endured that, there was a secret link to win rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets.
Speaker 1: So I put a little easter egg out there. Mean Taylor Swift, we love him? Did you give away the tickets? Yeah? James James Giles, James Giles, I saw.
Speaker 3: The secret link today. I don't do that every day, but once in a while I throw a secret link out there. Thank you to the Great Texas Hammer for allowing us to play the game today. Fall all says here tomorrow is tat Tuesday. Are we playing a game?
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna be so busy with the rod Ryan Shoke Care Store. I don't know, Okay, I don't know. I mean unless Chili, you're you're still there, Chili Big Stretch, You're still there? Nope, he left?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, I don't know if we're gonna have time to play a game tomorrow. Rod Ryan Show care Store five winners every hour that make a purchase or a donation in our rod Ryan Show Cares online store. All the Boobs Rock merchandise and all of that's on there. So it's a massive ticket blowout tomorrow. On the show, Jeremy's got the NonStop nooner. It looks like he's doing pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. It looks like he does have rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary tickets in there.
Speaker 1: Go Astros.
Speaker 3: We can sweep tonight or now we can climp tonight with a winch okay, and then say goodbye to the Space City Jerseys, because that's the last time we're gonna see them. All right, rod Ryan Show Golf Tournament, we still need sponsors. I need help with this golf tournament.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 3: I need I need stuff to donate and put in the auction, and I need whole sponsors, and I need your business involved.
Speaker 1: I need all of that right now.
Speaker 3: Please contact me or the information is right there on links and guests tests on Houston Life Today at one o'clock, she wants you to tune in and then boy Metallica tickets all week, chances to go backstage to meet see their all week. More academy sports and outdoor gift cards two hundred dollars gift cards again every day this week it's crazy floor tickets to wheezer.
Speaker 1: Guys, why would you listen to anything else?
Speaker 14: Keep it here.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's a good man. Have a great Monday, everybody, go Astros, go bills. Monday Night Football AMF.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 10: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com