Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Two nothing It's Alva not so fast Cohole Breadth with John Taylor. I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two.
Speaker 2: Man loose and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 3: I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky.
Speaker 4: I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and munch on those cherry years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock at Downtown Vancouver. We're the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor along with Ryan Henderson, Rick Dollingwall with a well deserved, well deserved day off. Quinn Taylor producer in place with Ryan Anderson, the man of the controls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yawning, is this show?
Speaker 1: Nobody Selom? You didn't have to He didn't have to say that. Our director to the voice of God, Derek Wan, how are you couldn't be better? Thanks for that? Doing your best. Deli Walm. Okay, we're going to talk about a move made by the Canucks. We talked to earlier this week that it's been pretty quiet since Ryan Johnson was named GM in terms of appointments by him and by the Sedines. He took care of that yesterday, hiring Richard Seely to take care of his old job as assistant GM of the Canucks and GM of the Abbotsford Canucks. We'll talk about that a little bit later. And by the way, we had you can show that shot again. We had a huge argument just before the show about who Richard Seeley looks like, and we'll talk about that later. I am so right. You and Quinn are so wrong, So we'll deal with that later. You look forward to that. Who does Richard Silly look like?
Speaker 5: You know, you don't have to look forward to that. It's so stupid, there's nothing going on with it. I have this pictures of Richard Ceely up right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll tell people right now, let's get it, let's get into it. We want to deal with the World Cup.
Speaker 3: This is the glimpse. I think I got into your home life too. So you say something and Quinn just.
Speaker 1: You take a look at rich Can we take the this is Richard see Richard Ceely. Okay, you saw that. We just saw the shot of him, right, yeah, yeah, there you go. All right.
Speaker 5: So this is another thing I thought this Okay, picture I have of him up in it right now. Okay, No, that's not him. That's the guy from Goon. It's so stupid. They don't look anything alike.
Speaker 1: No, it's not stupid. By the way, show some respect for your father, Sean William Scott from Goon American Pie fame, that he looks like Richard. Take a look at another shot of Richard Ceely here, Okay, if you don't mind. Oh my gosh, they're dead, they're just are they cousins. No, they've got that menacing look.
Speaker 5: No, they're just bald. That's it.
Speaker 1: Sammy beard.
Speaker 3: Oh it's hold on, that's not semi beard. That's a full on beard he's got there. But also, whatever the.
Speaker 1: Case may be, this facial structure is very very much the same.
Speaker 3: This is like a side profile, so it doesn't even really tell.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing that I thought of.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing. The Canucks made him move, you know what, I think he looks like Scott.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did. From goone.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you're on an island.
Speaker 1: I am going to get so much support in the bayside in bog look at that. Oh my gosh, is it the same person? You know I'm right?
Speaker 3: You know I'm right, not at all.
Speaker 1: And Richard, by the way, a new Canucks Assistant GM at Abbotsford Canucks GM.
Speaker 3: Is from BC, so he probably watches this show well, or at least he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah until about thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 3: From shal Williams. Scott's in that new Tim Allen show right now, who I know you hate it's called I don't.
Speaker 1: Hear Tim Allen. I just don't find him funny Home improvement. I never watch really, I want fifteen minutes maybe one day and I went, it's not for me.
Speaker 3: I love that show really Yeah, yeah, Tim Taylor, Yeah, yeah, him and Al and the whole crew there.
Speaker 1: Good show and of course the funny laugh yeah with the grunt, the grunt. Yeah. Anyway, more on.
Speaker 3: You even got a single submission about this show?
Speaker 1: I think I think Richard Sealey not the only person turning away from this program. At this point.
Speaker 3: Mike in Langford says he looks like andre.
Speaker 1: Agasy okay, yeah, a bit. And you know who else looks like andre Agacy? Shot William Scott. You know the thing is with andre Agassy, no one hair wise went from one extreme to another. That's him, the long flowing blondish hair to zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got ahead of it he did.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a massive dance sports.
Speaker 1: I is so moving on. Let's move on. Bald people through time now, Don Taylor okay? World Cup Okay. So we have spent a lot of time on the show, mostly Rick and I and you chiming in as well about the lack of buzz regarding the World Cup in Vancouver and a lot of people pissed off at FIFA coming in and in the opinion of a lot of people taking over the town, booting the BC Sports Hall of Fame out of BC place. Lord knows how much they paid to cover the science word world ball to make it look like a twenty twenty six FIFA World Cup soccer ball. So tickets cost maybe number one the negative publicity. So, as you know, after each show, Quinn knows this as well. I will often take a walk down town. Do you step my steps in Okay, I'm older. I need that sort of thing. My knees a shot, can't go for a job anymore, that sort of thing. So yesterday I go this, this will come to a conclusion this story. I go from my walk, I go downtown Granville Mall, which you know sometimes it looks a little sketchy, let's be honest. Absolute Yes, it was tremendous yesterday. They've done a wonderful job which car freening things up, car free. They've cleaned it up, set up, set up various things to do throughout the mall. You things, but you know, nets and balls and they.
Speaker 3: Call them activation. There you go activation, Yes, okay the buzz.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty six word. The bars were packed. The Mexico game was going on Mexico South Africa, which Mexico won two. You know, it was absolutely packed and it was vibrant. So I'll take a lot of a lot of the negative things that I said. How Rick feels he's not here today because he has ventured downtown in forty years, I don't think, because we're not quite downtown, but we're close. I take it. It had a real good feel and Canada hasn't played yet yeah, that happens.
Speaker 3: Well, the place hasn't had a game yet, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah that happens Tomorrold. Yeah, with Turkey and Australia.
Speaker 3: But also sorry, it's very hard to be down here right now and find a spot of the city that you don't know the World Cup's going on. Yeah, signage whatever. It is. Like you're talking about Granville and there are all these like photo ops and all these things that they've built to really make you you have to know that the World Cup is taking place in this city, in this country, but in this city more importantly as a host city, and that is away from the stadium as you get close to the stadium like we are here. We've talked about what they've built out around here between Science World, like that walk that they're encouraging everyone to do from Science World to the facility and the things they've built there. Yeah, for security, it's it's, like I said, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: And I know for a lot of people, the first thing that will go through their minds is and I'm like this, how much will it cost? How much does it cost? So there's that, but it is impressive and you definitely know something who's going on. You said this before the show. The person who came up with the idea and again the cost, I can't imagine what it would cost and the man hours involved in getting it prepared. The person who came up with the idea of dressing up the science world like a twenty twenty six soccer ball. That work. Oh that's getting attention all over the world, in large part because first of all, it's impressive, but secondly you can take a picture of the soccer ball with the stadium in the background, in the mountains and the water and everything. Whoever thought of it did a pretty good job. Again, I know there are other things to spend taxpayer money on money on period, but it is impressive when you go. I don't know if people in the burbs who stay in the burbs field we both live live there, you don't see anything but downtown Vancouver. Again, that walk yesterday, it's pretty impressive. It's pretty there's, you know, something special, And I think we we we're so hockey centric here. We don't give the great sport of soccer enough attention. I'm guilty of that as much as as much as anybody. And proof of that is I mean yesterday at the Peeney Amphitheater with a fan fest. Is is going on? These are the Mexican fans watching the Mexican game again they won two nil over South Africa. It looked so vibrant, is so alive and and.
Speaker 3: Packed massive lines to get in as as the days started there and it looked like the crowd had died down a bit a bit for the second game of the day involving Korea and uh Chechia. But the Mexico game was very very well attended. And again I can only imagine what's gonna happen like tomorrow first weekend of that fan fest, because that's the other thing I mean, Donny, that's the scene during a day a Mexican The game is noon our time it started, and yet that was the scene there, and that is I think going to be with the majority. I'm curious for people like, if you're going to partake in the World Cup, how are you going to do it? Do you have tickets to a game or are you going to be more likely to go to that Well, go to one of the local because a lot of the municipalities are doing.
Speaker 1: And I said, the subury versions as well yeah right that. Yeah, it's back Anapoly and Pormodi. As a matter of fact, there we go again. Something going on. Uh but yeah, Graandville mall. If you're looking for some place to go, you say what you want about it. Right now, it looks really good and I'll use the word vibrant again. Same with the amphitheater on the on the Peene grounds. We should mention two South Korea winning that game. They had to come back to do it late, beating check Yat two to one. Wang Inmbom former White Cats one goal and one assist. He was fabulous game. Not playing in the in the Netherlands, I believe, but he was fabulous in that game. So to day Canada Place, yep, Canada taking on Bosnia and Herzecovina in Toronto and talk about vibrant and alive. Look at this is the march to the match in Toronto. This is this is something else like that. Yeah, they're going to what is now called Toronto Stadium. Bemo. Feel for people who aren't aware of all wants.
Speaker 3: To be all of the stadiums. That's why this is actually the one time it works out that BC Place doesn't have a sponsor name because it can just still be called BC Place because there's no there's no reason to change it. But yeah, the voyagers, the supporters group and other fans marching to the match, they're starting to settle in now at BEMO Stadium or at Toronto Stadium. Sorry, and it'll be interesting because there's a lot of people critical of that set up in Toronto with the rickiness of the scaffolding seats that they've because they've increased the capacity right, because the capacity is quite small there. But we know what what will be the feedback from people that attend.
Speaker 1: Some people are calling it the worst venue in World Cup history on t S and yesterday a Sports that want one one of the two, and we've got something to say about sports that later on in the show. It's not all positive. It looked pretty good the stadium. Like again, I'm not you know, seeing you know how structurally sound it is, but it looked pretty good. It looked pretty good. Again, if it's anywhere near what Empire Field looked like or felt like, that's not which was the temporary facility. This isn't a temporary facility. They're just adding to an existing facility. A permanent structure. That's pretty good if it if it looks and feels that way. I still I still miss that that Empire field was a success. I thought, what brought.
Speaker 3: You this week? I think you brought up before the show. Whoever the company was behind building that structure. They should be getting calls from everybody that wants to build that sit.
Speaker 1: They not built the one at L E A, the L E C.
Speaker 3: Yeah community Park. Yeah, I think they did, because I mean that, I mean that thing Empire. It didn't feel temporary at all, like it felt like it was it should have.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was a kid again, exactly exactly, little Donnie venturing from north Burnaby to East Van to watch Alliance. And that's how I felt. Yeah, it was. I was brought to.
Speaker 3: Tears More with Dolly by the way at eleven on. Oh sorry, I was just usually I have to do that with Dolly Wall So I'm a little out of my okay, out of my element here. There's a lot to talk about. We talked about Richard Sea, the John Williams Scott look.
Speaker 1: Alike, somebody. We've got a couple being named a GM of the connection.
Speaker 3: Two separate submissions, one from Archie and east Ben and one from Gary and Lad the Bayside inbox, in the Bayside Ocean frombers or inbox comparing him to Zach Cassion, Yes and good and Quinn one of them in the inbox Archie's one. He has the headshot of Cassie in there from his Uh, there's dates, you'll see it there.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I'll go a step further and say, Sean William Scott in goon looks like Zach Cassian.
Speaker 3: I think that's a closer comp than Richard Seely. And maybe that's because Seely's photos from the side, I'm not sure. But what there's Zach Cassi. Okay, he Cassium looks closer to Sean w. Scott. H Oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, all three of them look alike.
Speaker 5: That there's just all balls.
Speaker 3: And have a beard.
Speaker 5: You get you know what, Ryan kind of looks like.
Speaker 3: You're right well, hair wise, I think you're absolutely right, not beat.
Speaker 1: Can we gain under Agasia there, buddy, Let's look forward to that later in the show, folks, Okay, we have we haven't even talked about this Stanley Cup final last night. We'll do that as a as the show goes on, I will tell you that I think the Vegas No Golden Knights are getting a huge break and I'm going to compare that. Remind me of this to nineteen ninety four for so we'll get into that as the show goes on. Koutrov Hart Trophy winner. There's a lot to get into. The Lions play on Saturday. They played their season opener in Saskatchewan. DTMZ. Is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. Ryan Lynn, formerly of the Vancouver Giants, is on his way to Denver results on his way to the NHL and Trew Draft June twenty sixth first round. Ryan expected to go right handed defenseman. Suspected to go expected to go in the first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean where in the first is he still sitting there.
Speaker 1: For faces twelve? We had on the show yesterday. Scouting gru has him at number twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would he be there for the Vancouver Canucks. I think matthis Preston would be more likely when you're talking about Vancouver agenture likely to be there at twenty four or thirty three for the Caducks. But Ryan's we recorded this interview yesterday. Ryan will join and set around eleven fifteen or so, and he.
Speaker 3: Said it the end of it. We cut it off, but he said.
Speaker 1: To us, push on, williams Cott.
Speaker 3: No, he said, my parents and grandparents love this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I so that, And I told Ryan your grandparents are target target audience. Maybe a little bit young actually, Okay, Paul Dolan is going to join us just after eleven o'clock. We've hired Paul to help us out during the World Cup with his analysis. And it was forty years ago this year, a young Paul Dolan nineteen eighty six, first time ever Canada in the World Cup goalkeeper. So we'll talk to Paul about that and what he expects from Canada today twelve noon our time against bos A big rye at the Twitter guy Quinn Taylor's going to handle that coming up later this hour and up next from the Athletic to talk about Richard Seely. You know what, Richard Sealy kind of looks like Thomas Dratz. Thomas Dratz from the Athletic. He's next. Thanks for tuning in on this Friday. Donny and Dolly the team.
Speaker 6: Dollie and Dollie the team is supported by Able Auctions dot CA. Closing your business, we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot CA. That's sales at ab l A Auctions dot ca. It is Friday. I'm not used to Fridays usually off on a Friday. Apparently all of our guests are brought to you by on this Friday, including Thomas Drants from the Athletic standing by Pastime Sports and Games. More from our friends at Pastime later on in the show, as we bring in from the Athletic Thomas Strantz the day after finding out about new Abbotsford Canucks GM Richard Seely who is also the Canucks new a GM. Thomas Strantz. Thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 7: How are you, gentlemen.
Speaker 8: I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me, no problem. You were talking earlier this week on other shows about the lack of activity from Ryan Johnson, and they have to, you know, move pretty quick and get things done the drafts coming, free agency and all that long. Not lo and behold, they hire Richard Seeley, who worked the last eight seasons with the ahl Ontario Rain. Ryan Johnson knows a lot about him. What do you know about him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, not a ton I can tell you. You know, I've been making some calls to some folks I know who know the American League very well. He's well thought of, highly regarded, you know, known as a hard working guy, respectful, sharp. So you know, I think this more than anything, Donnie, it hits at some of what I was getting at earlier in this week, which was that the Canucks needed an AGM in place, and they needed an AGM in place quick, and Ryan Johnson needed to the very least replace himself, right like, at the very least he needed someone to take on what his old portfolio was so that he could focus on all the many things that he's going to have to take care of with the draft, with free agency, with contract extensions with UFAs, with RFAs with you know, the difficult business of turning a listing, sinking franchise around and so I'm glad that they were able to get an AGM hired this week. I think that's big for Ryan Johnson. I think that's big for the organization. You know, Sealy is not a guy who's got a lot of NHL front office experience, effect that he's got none of it, right, he didn't have a NHL level with the Kings. But you know, when you look over his resume, right, head coach and GM in the ECHL, an eight year tenure as the general manager of an Ontario Rain team that you know has had a lot of talent come through it during this King's rebuild and has been very development focused during this King's rebuild and ultimately sort of falling short of really landing the plane. But I don't know that we're going to blame that on the Ontario Range general manager. There's been a lot of you know, your Mikey Anderson tier guys, even your Adrian Kempes that have spent time in that Ontario system. Obviously, Marco Sturm, the Boston Bruins head coach, was the head coach there, so that there's certainly been an environment where people have gone on to have success. Sean Walker would be another name there currently playing in the Stanley Cup finals, So you know, I like to see that, and yeah, I think more than anything, Ryan Johnson has an executor in place to help him, which is desperately needed, and now he can focus on the big picture stuff this organization has to take care of, and has to take care of pretty spectacularly well, given the gap that they have to close between themselves and the best teams in this league. Over the course of the next five to seven years.
Speaker 1: Patrick Alvin named Vice President and assistant GM down in Seattle with the krack and a lot of people surprised he landed another NHL job so quickly.
Speaker 8: What about you, No, I'm surprised that it's in Seattle. I expected it to be Minnesota, especially after jud Brackett was given the AGM job in Toronto. I assumed that that was clearing the decks for Alvin to be a big part of their amateur talent evaluation system. But you know, I think having your family on the West Coast right, the ability to potentially take a new job without relocating probably weighed pretty heavily. My biggest reaction though, is that's a big title that Patrick Calvin got right, that's a big title that Alvin got from, you know, another one of the Pittsburgh boys in Jason botterrel down in Seattle, And that's probably very good news for the Vancouver Canucks, right, just in terms of offsetting the cost of his salary. Right, this isn't just an AGM job. It's an AGM job with a with a VP portfolio two that you know that that means money, that means compensation, that means more money offset for the Canucks. And if Adam Foot lands as a premium assistant coach here, and I suspect that will happen over the course of the next couple of weeks, you know, that'll help the Canucks from a budgetary perspective internally, which is good because we've been watching it closely. Is it a coincidence that Alvin lands and later that day or Ryan Johnson's finally able to pull an AGM out of the hat, like I hope not. I don't know that it is, and I hope that it isn't. But that was sort of my major reaction to the Albin news was, well, that's good for Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Tom. I'm gonna admit I'm one of these people's that's concerned with the resource talk, and you've been talking about it this week. But when Ryan Johnson mentioned the word budgeting with you in that interview on the Athletic, are you as concerned or is this hire yesterday, this Richard c the higher has that squashed a little bit about should we be concerned about resources and then spending like a lot of top end billion dollar franchises do in pro sports.
Speaker 8: I'm not there yet. I'm not there yet. For now, I'm monitoring. Like I would say that we have data points in both directions. Right For example, I would say, quickly and without hesitation, moving on from Adam Foot and his one point five million dollar deal which has two more years remaining on it, Like that, to me is the sort of move that a big market team makes, right, Like that's the sort of non budget conscious this is the right move for our hockey club. Let's put that first and foremost move that you want to see. On the other hand, you know, certainly negotiations with Malhotra dragging out the way they did as that negotiation, you know, the Canucks holding pretty firm to a number south of what Foot was paid in negotiations, as I heard it signing both Malhotren and Johnson to just two year deals, and then you know, in shaping this front office, I think they've brought in some really sharp, local, hardworking guys in Darren, Hermiston and now Richard Seely, which I like.
Speaker 1: But you know, like I.
Speaker 8: Would have loved to see the Canucks do something like they did in Nashville right where you bring in Rob Blake as a VP, right, someone with a lot of weight, someone who's done the GM job before, especially given that you've got a first year or first time presidents, you've got a first time head coach, you've got a first time general manager, and you've got a couple assistant general managers who've been around for a few years but didn't have a ton on their plate portfolio wise. It's still a very green front office, and I would love to see them go out and land like a Brandon Pridam right as a VP. Just bring in someone with that sort of weight, someone who's been around the block just to help out, just to take on some of the administrative duties and someone to advise, you know, as you go here. But there's still opportunities for the club to show that they're serious about. First of all, the door's not closed to bringing in an experienced VP. Think about like the Lawrence Gilman role in Columbus, right. I mean, there's still an opportunity for this club to make that type of hire to their front office, whether it's this month or over the course of the summer. I'd love to see them do that. I think that would be a good counterweight to the sort of front office youth movement that they've going on got going on with the you know, twenty ten, twenty eleven crew that they've brought in to steer the ship. I'd also say, in terms of shaping and flushing out Manny Mahocher's coaching staff, right, bringing in a guy who's been a head coach before at the NHL level, to me, that's like standard practice when you've got a first year head coach, like someone who's done the job, someone who knows the media rhythms, someone who knows the daily rhythms, someone who's seen it all before and can anticipate what a first time NHL bench boss just can't because they simply haven't done the job. You know, most teams do that when they bring in a first year head coach. The Canucks didn't do it last year without him foot and I thought they got the results they paid for, right. I would like to see them avoid that this season, So you know, there's still opportunities for this concern to be addressed. I would say, more than anything, Ryan, I'm not looking at it as something I'm super worried about. I'd be looking at it as something I'm monitoring. I'm monitoring to see exactly how the club proceeds in terms of spending this summer on their player personnel roster and in terms of fleshing out this staff and bringing in you know, the sort of weight that actually you know, costs some money that you know, the sorts of bigger teams, but even smaller teams around the league are doing just as an ordinary course of action in which this club seems to, you know, sort of be nibbling around the edges on instead over the course of the summer so far.
Speaker 3: You also wrote in The Athletic this week about a perfect rebuilding off season for the Connops. One of the items you had in the list was contract extensions for Zee William and Liam Ogrin. And I don't necessarily know that that's going to happen. But one of the reasons you brought it up is because the CBA changes coming on September fifteenth. So not to get two in the weeds, but biggest advantages if the Canucks and I know you want to get in the weeds I could tell, but biggest advantages for the Canucks if they were to sign Buyam and Ogrin this offseason to contract extensions.
Speaker 8: Yeah, everyone who knows me knows I love weeds. The when it comes to when it comes to the CBA expiring, the NHL is basically making and trying to idiot proof the rules of the road in terms of how NHL teams are run and so what they're what they basically want to get to and are slowly driving towards a world where like a four year, four million dollar contract is a four year, four million dollar contract four million per year, right like as cookie cutter as possible. And so they're sort of tightening some of the creative things that you can do to create value. And from a Canucks perspective, and in any event, with with Bullyam and Liam Augren, you know one thing I'd be thinking about in terms of the current young players that this team has is you know, where do they fit when this team comes out of their rebuilding phase in five years and hopefully hopefully Ze Bulliam is you know, your Josh Morrissey, right, a top pair defenseman for this franchise, But there's also, you know, possibilities that he's a second pair guy. Realistically, there's also possibilities that he is more like an Eric Branstrom, Right. I mean that that happens too. Although I'm a believer in the player, I don't want to come across as negative. I'm just talking about the spectrum of possible outcomes that you have to consider here. And with the cap going up, you have to bet early and you have to bet long on some of these guys if you're going to have wins. And the way that the you know, contracts, that values are going to keep resetting, right, I mean, Niko Heescher is like a sixty point ish center. Sixty is five point center, and rumors of his extension number are eleven to thirteen million, right, Like there's a world where eleven point six, Donnie, your old eleven point six is going to be like standard second and line center money. Over the course of the next four or five years. Like, that's where we're going. If this cap growth proves endemic to get wins, then you have to bet early and before you're comfortable on some of these young players. And I'll give you an example from the Stanley Cup final, Jackson Blake. Jackson Blake signed an eight year deal at over five million dollars coming off his first NHL season in which he had thirty eight points or thirty eight points, yeah, thirty eight points, and they paid him five million times eight. Now I'm not saying Zee William or Liam Augrens necessarily Jackson Blake, but that's a huge win for the Carolina Hurricanes. They also did Stankovin, by the way, at six million times eight. They've got those two guys two thirds of their top line making eleven point one for the next eight years. Like that's the type of efficiency that you're up against if you're a team that's rebuilding. And so first of all, I think you got to take some shots on young guys before it's apparent that they're good. And also even if it does quite work out, you know, I think you have to think about this in terms of what they can be for you as trade assets in four to five years, and the best way to maximize their value would be to use the rules as they stand today to frontload their contracts so that you know, in the in two thousand and thirty one, coming out of this rebuild, you know you've got a seven million dollar cap hit on seven and a half million dollar capt On Zipulliam, but he's only do five million, and that becomes a very attractive trade chip potentially if say he hits like a middle range outcome of his development and is more like a second pair power play guy, right that all of a sudden, he's like a nuke trade asset for you, because the market has gone wild on those guys, and also lots of teams are struggling to keep up with cap inflation, and so the fact that he's owed less money than his cap hit represents enhances his value and makes them the type of piece that you can, you know, use on the trade market to hit the sort of home run that this team's going to need coming out of this rebuild. So I think you have to consider all of those possibilities and for me, betting big and betting long on some of the young players that you have given the unique opportunity that this summer offers to do deals with the rules of the road as they stand today.
Speaker 9: Kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we let you go very quickly, here the canucks Hire Richard seely I said earlier in the show, in the first segment that he looks a lot like Sean William Scott from American Pie Slashgoon. There are other people have broke You've got the graphic here, Derek Quinn. There you go. Other people say that he looks like andre I. Guess see, we haven't got that, but Zack cash In. And then a lot of people say Thomas Drants as well.
Speaker 8: Oh no, that's just the bald beard thing. He's much darker complexion than me, much better looking.
Speaker 1: I'd say, yeah at all, that's not possible. Now that's not possible, Thomas food for thought. All right, have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: That's you, guys. Love doing the lookalikes with bald guys who have beards. Hey, like the moment you're bald with a beard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The Donny and Dolly programs all all about your look like, let's look it up the graphic, you guys. I'm telling you, I'm on to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're too you're too Uh, you're too younger, remember tell you savalas. But now I'm looking at this, you know, four bald guys and me. I think I'm in there as well. Thomas, Yeah, should I?
Speaker 8: Should I give you the side profile? Should I give you the.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a it's a great bunch.
Speaker 1: Dead dead ringer, dead ringer, All right, Thomas Drant's amazing. Uh from the Athletic. We didn't talk about Jake DeBusk. Rumors out of Ottawa that the senators are interested in uh.
Speaker 3: Bruce Garok all over that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, uh, break and then we'll introduce the waddling Dog poll question. It's Donnie and Dolly, the team on Jack looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parks Bill and experience the Bayside ocean Front resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the path, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction. Splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the Ocean Front Restaurant and Lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Pook your getaway now at two five zero two four eight eight tuple three. Your island adventure starts here. Remember that dead electric leaf blower in the garage, still hoping it'll come back to life.
Speaker 4: Oh Peice is PC's recycling program for battery powered and electric outdoor power equipment.
Speaker 1: Just like other electronics, electric lawn and garden equipment can also be recycled when it reaches the end of its useful life.
Speaker 4: Old electric yard tools don't have band up in the landfill.
Speaker 3: If you're an.
Speaker 4: Electric outdoor power equipment capy fixed, it could be recycled.
Speaker 1: Whether it's a leaf blower, trimmer, or lawnmower. Many me recycled for free and BC. Visit opeic dot ca to find a depot near you and recycle responsibly. That's ope I see dot CA. A look one at the wandling dog poll question experience, one of Victoria's iconic destinations. The dogesting that microphone you turning it?
Speaker 3: I just did one little tug you coming in it?
Speaker 5: Was like yeah, so even enduring drants too. You kept on going like no, and then I would have to turn it off when you did it.
Speaker 1: See he's upset because I caught him in my man cave yesterday's race. Spent the whole day eating sunflower season watching TV catch the World Cup of the Dog with Canada game shown live and loud on all twenty two TVs will full sound. Quinn will be watching Canada versus Bosniy and my cave. Come sit and stay at the dog today, Ryan, All right, quick, get it up.
Speaker 3: The Waddling Dog poll question. What would be considered a realistic successful World Cup for Canada. Right now the leader forty nine percent is advanced to the round of thirty two, so get out of the group stage, get out of their group. Second twenty nine percent advance to the round of sixteen, So that could be interesting. Of course the thirty two and sixteen games here interesting outstag Yeah, but the added factor of BC place possibly being involved things.
Speaker 1: Got a big, big opponent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no kidding. One win is in third place with sixteen percent and seven percent of the vote right now, are saying advance pass to the round of sixteen. I mean, if they did that, that would be just incredible. But I think at the very least they got to get out of the group stage, and they got to score some goals in this group stage too, Donny, and they got one goal.
Speaker 1: If they get out of the group stage, they probably scored a goal or two. Yeah, but if it's penalty kicks, maybe.
Speaker 3: But yeah, one nil here or there. Like I mean, and I know they're dealing with injuries. I understand that, including Alfonso Davies, arguably the most important player. He's not going to play today, but he's gonna get into the tournament. So I understand that. But I think these Canadian fans, you want to see them win, win these games with some oomph in the group stage. Because if you read all these pundits, all these people that know a lot about.
Speaker 1: But if you've watched this team long enough, if you fall Counter's national soccer program one, he want to see them win. S Griff is boring. Just just let them win. By the way, Ismael Cone is okay. He he didn't practice this week, had were some sort of illness. Yeah, but he's gonna be okay to play.
Speaker 3: And Moist Blast Report Bombido is also available. Jesse Marsh said yesterday everybody's available to them outside of Alfonso Davies, and he also mentioned that Davis had another MRI this week uh in Toronto, and that things are trending well with his recovery. Looks like he's been ramping things up slowly in terms of training by himself and training with the team and all that stuff. So no, I understand what you're saying. I know people just want them to get a win, you know, move on, but I think it would be nice to see them again if this.
Speaker 1: Well, they've been in the World Cup twice before, they have yet to win, and they scored one goal, right, But people that which is why we put one win in the in there, because if you look back at the past, I think are some people would say that's progress. But given the format now with all these teams, what is the top two teams in these group advanced? Then the eight next third place teams, you would think they'd be able to advance.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, thirtieth yeah right, yeah, But but again there's some people calling this the easiest group at the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Well, some people are calling it the worst, the weakest group in World Cup history. But that's going to come when you've got more teams exactly, that's abound to happen. Yeah, okay, Paul Dolan is going to join us at the top of the hour. By the way, our World Cup corresponded, you wanted to say some more about Richard Seely and you have somebody else you wanted to compare him to in terms of.
Speaker 3: Not I've got somebody you said, Colin Farrell. We're getting all of these now a bald Colin bald falling say that ten times fast a ball or just once. No, I just want to say kind of what I touched on with Drants in that I am still nervous with the lack of money being spent by the Vancouver Canucks on some of these highs.
Speaker 1: Ryan, you got your seats at Rogers. That's at base level. Are you not happy? Now? No, you got it.
Speaker 3: You see these top organizations and they spend a lot of money, and and look at these hires they've made. They weren't going to come with big, big price tags, but they were the right hires. Both of those things be true.
Speaker 1: Well, the one thing I say with the right hires and that we don't I don't know you know much about Darren Hermerstead.
Speaker 3: Do you know I'm talking about about Daniel Henrick and Ryan. I mean those those.
Speaker 1: Are no commodities. But I don't think Ryan Johnson is costing a whole lot.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: But but again understand why you would go ballistics despite the fact you got your seats. I like that they're guys. I like that everybody has a BC connection and or a Canucks connection, in the case of Henrik and Daniel, not from here, but certainly strong Cannucks connection. I like this, and I like this hire Richard Seely because he has spent eight years with the Ontario Rain So what are you doing in the American Hockey League and he was at the EHL with Manchester before that? What are you doing? You're developing players. Yeah, that's where they're at right now. I think that as much as hiring people from BC or people with a Cannuck connection is what they're doing. They're focusing on people who know about development and it can grow with the team. I so far, so good.
Speaker 3: As far as I'm concerned, I still need some. I need to see some because if they claim, if ownership claims, all resources are available and you can take that to whatever you want. I mean, I can say all resources are available and give somebody a hundred dollars bill we'll go nuts. But you only got a hundred bucks. I just want to see them beef up that department some more. I would like to see, like Thomas hiro Scotty, I'd like to see a veteran hockey executive.
Speaker 1: I I agree with Thomas and that I think that's more of a priority when it comes to the coaching staff that you want. You want a veteran to help out many and Mahultra. Yeah, this could happen here, This could happen there at practice games, postgame, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: I can't find it. But somebody suggested Dean Everson on Many Matters staff BC connection. I mean that would be that there's a fit, a guy that's been That's what Thomas is talking about, Ben, a head coach, veteran, all those sorts of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're running out of time here. We were going to talk talk about the Stanley Cup final. Let me just say this about I don't think I got time for the torts clips. I don't think we do. But Carolina overbikes four to two, Yeah, four to two last night, so the Canes one went away from winning the second Stanley Cup in franchise history, up three games to two. The next game, Game six, isn't until Sunday. If Vegas wins, the next game after that is Wednesday. I think the Vegas Golden Knights are getting a major break here because they look tired right now. Jack Eichel looks tired. Maybe he's hurt, I'm not really sure, but as a team, they look tired. And for you old timers out there, I'll go back to nineteen ninety four in Game seven between the Rangers and the Canucks, Game six, Canucks went overcoming the three to one series deficit, tie it up at three. Game six was on a Saturday in Vancouver. Game seven wasn't until Tuesday, so you had those two days between games, and that, in the opinion of many people, including myself, favored the Rangers. And I just wonder if that's going to be at play here. I think right now that two day rest is going to favor the Golden Knights just because they look tired right now, and I think that rest and if there are injuries that we haven't heard about yet, they can't do anything about that. But if it's about fatigue, I think that's going to help the Vegas goal.
Speaker 3: But they also did have the extra day early on in this series, between three and four, and that didn't necessarily.
Speaker 1: I've got that theory. Don't don't put the holes into it. That's okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Maybe in DTMZ we should play that towards clip wish is because it's it's kind of your buddy, what do you keep calling them? Because I talked about him earlier this week ripping into the media, and you said you got no problem with it. What do you do again? Last night ripped into another reporter and.
Speaker 1: Then what he can have wasn't justified as far as I'm concerned. Paul Dolan's going to join us at the top of the hour to talk World cup Ryan Lynn at around eleven fifteen fifteen or so. Meantime, I'll do some business. A major BC based television series relocating future production of California and has instructed able auctions to sell tens of thousands of set decorations, prop warderode items, wardrobe items to the highest bidder. Take a look for yourself this Saturday from ten am to four pm at the massive Langley TV studio. For info in this unique auction, go to able Auctions, dot Seabla Auctions, dot C A like I said, Dolly, Top of the Hour. Up next Quinn Taylor in charge of Big Rye, the Twitter Guy, Donnie Dolly, the team onun't check.
Speaker 4: Looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays. The award winning Waddling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years.
Speaker 3: Ten minutes from the airport in the Ferry.
Speaker 4: Their room glen vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog. Pop twenty taps, Waldwall, TVs every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour and before you go stuck up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, plus exclusive Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The Dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination.
Speaker 1: Come sentence day, okay unsigned Baside the inbox. Before we get to Quinn Taylor and Big Rye, I knew Richard Seely's dad Bob. They called him Seals. He sold cars in Powell River. A little background info for you on Richard Seily Seals Seals, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Should we be referring to him as Seals now going forward?
Speaker 1: And that next segment, little background info on Sean Williams Scott and this time making the movie Goon Big Ride. Twitter guy Quinn Taylor go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm gonna show this clip from yesterday's Hurricane Hurricanes game. And as the World Cup starts and all the players are starting to come over to North America, there's been lots of clips of uh, you know, the European players or the South American players explore in America and a bunch of different places. And yesterday at the Caroline Hurricanes game in Raleigh, Holland of the Norwegian team, who's like the one of the biggest soccer stars on the planet, was at the game and he was posting about a lot on social media and we got a four to the little second clip of it.
Speaker 7: Here you're talking about early Harland of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So he clearly loved it. He said that it's his new ferret sport. I don't know if he was kidding or not. But yeah, it's cool. I mean, never expect a guy like Holland to be like at a Carolina Hurricanes game out, never expect that.
Speaker 3: For the podcast listeners. The one clip in there where he had the caption that said celebrating the revs. Then he had the laughing emojis because I can only imagine, like when when is a soccer Like, do soccer fans ever celebrate the ever? Have you ever heard them cheer? I don't think so. So to hear the home fans cheering on a call made by the refs, that must have been like what is going on?
Speaker 5: But it's also cool too, because like in Europe and stuff, the crowds are like you just think of them as being so much more crazier than hockey or anything North America has, like sports wise, but Raleigh and like the Hurricanes crowd like probably ravels it pretty well.
Speaker 1: The Caney actual, Yeah, in this setting for sure. It's just it's the Stanley Cup final exactly.
Speaker 5: And it's so foreign to him too, like there's like all of.
Speaker 1: The I mean hockey, this just or we did pretty well against Canada a point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, maybe we got a new hockey fan with there like Holland.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey, I'm just happy he didn't decide to play hockey. I know he's a beast six', Five, like can he go? Anywhere he must be up there with the most recognizable and, look we tend to look things for A North american lands as the most recognizable people on the on the. EARTH i mean the way he looks six.', FIVE.
Speaker 3: Well i don't know if you Saw before game Three In, New york wenby was doing. Some drawing he there's these sketches and he was in the He wasn't It Wasn't. CENTRAL park i don't think.
Speaker 5: It was this Park In central park that gets closed off to. The, Public yeah.
Speaker 3: And he was doing some sketching and somebody posted a VIDEO and i thought the same thing, With, Him donnie, i'm like how, LIKE literally i don't think he could, go, anywhere right especially with his global startup and the size like you you, would be it would be impossible for you to. Go anywhere Low.
Speaker 5: Key, No yeah like there's Clips, of yet Like the Spanish player yet In lamal and they're they're playing their Games, in georgia and there's clips of Him and walmarts walking around nobody. Recognizing, him yeah, you Know, with holland it wouldn't be. Like that he's like six five and like shred and. Long hair he looks Like. A, viking yeah he.
Speaker 3: Really does here's a.
Speaker 1: Photo, him, yeah okay do you want to do you want to Talk? About?
Speaker 5: TRUMP no i, Don't know i'll. Do that no lot about are you?
Speaker 3: Talking about but that is that is one of the worst lead ins you gonna. Have going box is gonna, Explode, now no it's The The WHITE. House, UFC.
Speaker 5: Yeah Ufc so sunday At The, sunday night you'll see they're gonna Host The Big fight night At The White house, sunday night this. Huge spectacle they got this, crazy thing and a lot of people are thinking it's not gonna go very well because it's gonna be hosted outside for the first, ever time and, you'll see will be hosted outside and there's a thirty percent chance. Of thunderstorms there's gonna, be bugs and it's GONNA be, i don't it's JUST gonna. I don't it's probably not gonna go.
Speaker 1: Very.
Speaker 3: WELL thunderstorms, i mean they mayn't have to cancel the. Whole thing they had to cancel watch party Yesterday. In toronto but they're Not gonna they're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna to weather back east? Right now is crazy.
Speaker 3: Anything, technically outside if there's a hint of, that stuff that's the end.
Speaker 1: Of that technically inside with this show is a probably. As well it's pretty.
Speaker 3: IMPRESSIVE structure i, don't know necessarily Know The white house should.
Speaker 1: Be that when you were saying before the show that this, Has Preceded thomas jefferson used to did he not have a boxing getting set up Outside The? White house i'm not trying to endorse it by. Any means you, Don't, remember ryan you got to come up with some other, stick here but he he actually. Boxed, himself Yeah if trump going to get into there's a lot of people that would probably.
Speaker 5: Enjoyed that but this is gonna be a, big game. Win huge they got a bunch of, big. Fights big it's a super super. BIG card I think i don't know that much about you see what, people say it's like the biggest card. In history i'm NOT a.
Speaker 3: UFC guy I just, i'm NOT but i will.
Speaker 1: Watch it what's stupid? About?
Speaker 5: This Though it's sunday night and uf sees a big go out and drink With, your yeah that is a Good point. Sunday NIGHT and i don't know many people who are going to Go out sunday night to go drinking.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: Stuff, yeah well and there's also just so much else going on, Right Now, World Cup Stanley, CUP Final. Nba FINALS but i mean. THAT'S that i Mean The Stanley, Cup final game six Is on. SUNDAY night i have to.
Speaker 1: Say though when it Comes To dana white IN the Ufc that i'm in pressed IN that i thought it was going to be a trend ones. LEAN thought i thought it would last four or five years. Or WHATEVER and, i know, you know. Ultimate fighting it goes way back to, you know people's backyards and, You know lord knows when, it started so it will always. Be there but in terms of, MASSIVE popularity i thought it was going, to END and i think it's tailed, off somewhat but it's got such such, a large such a large amount of hardcore it's.
Speaker 5: Tailed off they're having a fight outside Of The. White house SEE what i have To do, that also that doesn't speak to. The popularity let me tell YOU where i am WITH. You, ufc okay When When George saint pierre friend of. The show he was in this studio when.
Speaker 1: He was at. HIS peak i think a lot of people in, our country a lot of people and THE people i hang, out with we were INTERESTED. In ufc it was becoming a bigger and bigger at. THAT point i watched a few of, his, fights fights watched, some cards got together, with PEOPLE and i didn't think it was, that ENTERTAINING and I and I AND i i left IT and i. Left it but hats off that, you know, it's got it's. It's got It's obviously trump, like said. It's got it's people who are just crazy. About it so, You know i'll give. Them that it didn't capture me like it does a lot OF other a.
Speaker 5: Lot of it is gambling, as, well sure and that's what's huge by.
Speaker 1: That's like a LOT of i got news.
Speaker 5: For it that's a lot of, SUF well, i know But especially may he's just super easy to bet on and stuff because there's so many fights going on at the.
Speaker 1: Same time what did They say they? Sold that why he asked me for money.
Speaker 3: Last night they they sold the business for like a, billion, dollars right the founders OF. The ufc there was a few years back that they sold it for a.
Speaker 1: Day's Front dana white's.
Speaker 3: Front, man, right, yeah, yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: What else that's all? For me? We're, Good, yeah okay do you want to throw it? To break this is where you. Usually?
Speaker 3: Do sure up next that loaded eleven, O'clock Hour ryan lane around ELEVEN fifteen nhl. Draft prospect interesting, few months he's gonna be drafted and he's gonna head TO The ncaa University. Of denver we'll Talk to ryan. Eleven fifteen up Next To paul Dolan Talking. World cup we're an hour Away from canada's first match At The. World cup dolei's Next To, donia dolly THE Team.
Speaker 1: I check, hey Everyone It's donnia dolly and we're looking to partner with.
Speaker 4: Your company we have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on, the show in our podcast and on.
Speaker 1: Social media we'd love to get involved with. Your company called two five to oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email Advertise at checkmedia.
Speaker 10: Dot ca, all Right it's friday and all of our, guests Today Including, paul dolan standing by To Talk.
Speaker 1: World cup brought to you by our Friends At pastime Sports. And games more on them a little. Bit Later paul dolan Is our Donnia and Dolly will. Cup Correspondent, will cup of course getting away yesterday with, Two matches canada opening Up noon Pacific in Toronto against bosnia, and AGAIN as, i Mentioned will Cup, Starting Thursday paul dolan joining, Us, now paul thanks for. Doing this i'll look at. That jersey how are you is that from?
Speaker 9: Eighty six this is authentic extra medium.
Speaker 1: Sausage skin you know it, looks, good buddy it, looks, Good.
Speaker 9: Plastic it's never. Been worn i'll tell you the story. BEHIND it i traded my goalkeeper jersey With the French Keeper. Joel, batts Okay well i'll never see. That again although he was the goalie coach With The montreal impact when they were in TOWN and i wanted to have a conversation with him where you're broadcasting, THE game i didn't get down to asking for my, jersey BACK but i do have his jersey in. The basement but if, you remember In That world cup it was a squad of, twenty Two But tony waiters only took. Eighteen, players yeah so that jersey there is. Long gone. The white one can see that when they, Wear that i'll wear. The white i've got the white. As well our, equipment manager because for the players didn't, travel down gave me the home and, away jersey the red and the WHITE of i won't say who the player is because then he'll come out after me. For it but one of those, Four players i'm wearing his jersey number sixteen right now and, it is, it's tight.
Speaker 1: It looks. Very good paul's it really been forty years Since you for people that, don't know since you played in the nineteen Eighty Six, world.
Speaker 9: Cup forty years. This month. IT'S incredible i mean that is a, Big, number ryan Forty, YET no i just turned.
Speaker 3: Thirty five i'm. Negative five there.
Speaker 9: You go it's a long, time ago but the memories are there every single time that this thing. Rolls around, And Yeah i'm i'm looking forward to what The new canadians can.
Speaker 1: Do, today yeah less than an. Hour away did you ever think this, Was possible canada Playing in canada In The?
Speaker 9: World, Cup, NO no. I DIDN'T and i love the way that's come together, now THOUGH because i think it works very Well that canada can share the. HOSTING duty i never really Felt like canada alone could, do this although they did it For The Women's world cup. Really well but now with forty, eight teams. It's PERFECT and i love the fact too that it kicked off yesterday At, a teca which to me just Reeks A. World cup it was a fantastic look to the start of. The tournament and you know there's been some talk About The. TORONTO stadium i know you were talking about. THAT earlier i. LOVE it i was there FOR an mls game recently Doing the apple broadcast and it wasn't, fully finished but you could see all the pieces. In place the banners were not necessarily and all. That STUFF but i think. IT'S great i like that. It's unique it's not COOKIE. Cutter nfl it's not a. Good vibe it's got an, old School almost english vibe to its soccer. Stadium VIBE and i think it's going to be a really good atmosphere for the first game For the.
Speaker 1: Canadian TEAM so Fifa rankings, Canada thirtieth Bosnia and herzegovina, sixty fourth but safe to say that our country can take care anything for granted going into. This match paul what do you know About.
Speaker 9: The, bosnians well how gutsy they were to get. In here first, of all they were one goal Away against austria from automatically qualifying to, get through but to have that blow and then to have to go through two, penalty shootouts First, against wales A tough welsh Team, in wales and then To beat italy in a penalty shootout. AS well i think that says everything about their mentality and obviously their. Quality too they're not going to be the, most dynamic play you off the part, type team but they've got very. Skillful PLAYERS if i look At, like yugoslavia if that was still a, footballing nation it have to be a Favorite Every. World cup if you think about the group of nations that Were in Yugoslavia and bossi itself in The Second. World cup here has very good. Talented PLAYERS although i just saw the lineup come Out. No, eden jacko who's the most famous player On the bossian team In The manchester City Former manchester. City player but they have very skillful PLAYERS and i think what they'll try to do today is Frustrate. THE canadians I Know jesse marsh's team wants to be really aggressive and get on the front foot and Get after bosnia control, the game which they, probably Will but bosnia will be. Very disciplined they'll sit and they'll look to counter and they're good. At that And with canada playing a, high line there will be space. In behind there will be Times at Max and crappoe is probably gonna have to come up, big today but it should be a pretty fascinating battle between teams that kind of play in, different STYLES.
Speaker 3: Don't i think we had you on the day or day or two after the roster, was unveiled and at that time we didn't know who the starting keeper was going to be for, the tournament and you just touched. On him it's going To Be. Max crapo was that the right Choice Over Dane. Saint?
Speaker 9: CLAIR yeah i Really, like max not JUST that i worked with him for his first Cap for canada when he played AGAINST. THE us i don't know what, it was maybe ten eleven, years Ago but i've always liked, his MENTALITY which i think is huge at. THIS point i love the fact that every time he's Played, for canada he's played Well. For canada he's had a tough club season this Year At orlando city with a, new team and even last Year in portland he was bumped out in favor Of, Another Canadian, james pantemis which was a real surprise. To me i'm not sure exactly what, happened there but we saw him for a couple of years Here. In vancouver he was the best player on The white caps for the two years that he was here before he Went To Los Angeles football club and then he wins a. Championship there remember in the final he breaks his leg and That was that's what was so heartbreaking is that because of that he missed playing in the Twenty Two, world cup which you know would have been good. For him but the fact that he bounced back was able to clause way through a really tough rehabilitation to then Play In copa america a couple of years ago and Star In. Copa america remember the Game. Against argentina he. Was phenomenal it just showed that his mindset is that coming into. HIS prime i Really Liked Dane, saint CLAIR but i Feel like Maxi And cray poe was definitely the. Right decision we.
Speaker 3: All Know That alfonso davi's not going to, play today he's going to get into. The tournament so of the guys that are Healthy, for canada who is who is the team? Hinge on if there's a player That the canadian team's going, to go it's going to be on the back of.
Speaker 9: This guy it's a good question because it really is such a team of it's a collective EFFORT that i think makes this. Team good but as you, Mentioned Arright alfonso davis is kind of that. Spark plug and Even In marcelo flores who not many people know about but had that acl injury just before being selected and being a part of. This team he's actually selected and then that day basically. Got injured he was a type of player that could come on and BE an x. Factor too but other players that need to step up now With No moys bombiedo in, the back With No alfonso davies on the wing until later in, the tournament you look at a guy maybe Like A, stephani stakio who's got to be the glue for that team and leader for that team in. Central midfield and certainly you need the Production From, jonathan david but he can't do it on. His Own So tejon buchanan down the, right side And Even, liam MILLER who i see is starting, here today needs to provide. That service and another maybe a bit of a surprise that to hot off the press here Is That Tanny olive shay is starting Instead Of kyle laren in the other. Striker POSITION so i like THAT because I Think kyle Laren And jonathan david in the two games ahead Of The world Cup against Uzbekistan, and ireland they kind of were ending up in the same spaces and they weren't really clicking all that. Well together so it's a bit of a Gamble For jesse marsh to go with Ol. Of shay but he's got. Some speed he always gets into. Good positioning it's just whether he can finish. Or not We Know jonathan david can do that if he's given, The opportunity But can Tanny olive shay?
Speaker 1: Do that did you Say that jersey's? Number sixteen? It, IS well i know the name of the player you, get, Out well I'M g i is. THAT right.
Speaker 9: I won't say who, it is but his Initials.
Speaker 1: ARE greg i, on okay very Good.
Speaker 3: From vancouver this is the last time we're going to. SEE you i don't Have this jersey.
Speaker 9: On, them yeah here's the good news is that he lives down In. The, states now.
Speaker 1: You, know what he texts into us every once in. A while he watches the show on a, regular basis just just so so, You, know hey have you been downtown or To the apathy And. The penny the vibe is? Really Good?
Speaker 9: Dolly, nah no, buzz? No buzz oh there.
Speaker 1: Is you Sound? Like dolly well That's.
Speaker 3: What, yeah, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: I'm joking he. Had me, Ridiculous, Take ricky no wonder you took the. DAY off i know you're not even gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: Again today.
Speaker 9: RIDICULOUS take i drove BY and i want to get down there, as well by, the WAY but i drove By The science, world ball and you were asking earlier that was. My idea, You know I'm, with adidas, right YEAH and i funded the thing. As well but.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 9: Looked brilliant it, looked phenomenal and the socials interaction, because of as, you said the way it sets up against the backdrop of the stadium and the, Come on vancouver is killing it and we haven't kicked, off, yet right and, so yeah the buzz, around town it's the same as what you, said before you have to wait till the thing, gets going just Like. The olympics and once that, kicked in and once this, kicks in it's. Taking off but when the fans start coming from the, foreign Countries, from Turkia, from Australia From new zealand and, all over, you know once those fans start coming into the city, as well And the canadian fans get hopefully a good result today and Support the canadian team when they're here for their, two games hopefully, four games it's going to be off. The charts i'm really looking forward.
Speaker 1: To It greg, iron says you couldn't stop in your during your heyday a ball the size Of. Science world just text it in, just now so it's.
Speaker 9: Gonna be a. FEW now i can see that the white one. Behind me i'll, all right, all Right.
Speaker 1: Thanks dolly we'll talk to you in, a bit, all.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: Guys okay d and D A world, cup correspondent former national team. Goal keeper he was there in. Eighty Six, paul dolan we're over time. Here Again it's Canada and bosnia twelve Noon. In toronto after our, show finishes by the way break and then Up Next, Ryan, Lynn vancouver giants defenseman on his way To the University. Of denver he'll also, be drafted likely in the first Round come june. Twenty Sixth donny Dolly The team. Whyn't check Donnie.
Speaker 6: And dolly the team is Supported BY. Abelauctions dotz Closing your business we.
Speaker 2: Can Help.
Speaker 1: Able auction specializes In Helping British columbia bay these business owners close their business and sell their assets in, a timely.
Speaker 4: Orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to, industrial equipment retail inventories or any other type of. Business Assets able auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business. Assets sold please email sales at able auctions. Dot Ca that's SALES Nab la auctions. Dot Ca, friday oliver, our guest has mentioned brought to You By pastime Sports. And games we'll talk about them more in, this segment but first, of all yesterday we recorded an interview with right handed Defenseman the Pride. Of Richmond ryan linn has spent the last two seasons With The. Vancouver giants he has now committed TO play ncaa hockey For the university Of, the denver likely Playing For david Carlin list david AGAINST an. Nhl job ryan played his minor hockey At the Delta hockeyt out, of me he's likely going. To Be, jason buckle who we had on the show yesterday has him ranked number twelve going Into THE June Nhl. Andentrew draft and we started our conversation Off with ryan, this way if he could put into words just how excited he is going INTO The Nhl.
Speaker 12: Entry, draft yeah it's, pretty hard to, be honest it's getting closer, and closer and my family is getting really excited to head over.
Speaker 13: There and experience that.
Speaker 12: Whole thing, and yeah but It's getting our house is getting, PRETTY excited i bet.
Speaker 1: Be, honest now how often do you look at? MOCK drafts I.
Speaker 12: Mean i try, not to but it's more my mom and, MY brother, i think who are always, you know looking at stuff and finding stuff online and then.
Speaker 13: Telling me so they're all over.
Speaker 1: That, stuff well if it was up, to them you'd be going number one To. The leaves just so, You, know hey you finished top ten in multiple fitness categories At the Combine. In buffalo were you pleased with your? Performance?
Speaker 13: THERE yeah I thought i did.
Speaker 12: PRETTY good, i think, YOU know i have some strengths and weaknesses in the GYM that i still need to, work on so, BUT yeah i was pretty happy WITH how i did and and it was nice to see HOW how i stack up against against those other.
Speaker 3: Other guys you you were also at, The combine ryan with, A Teammate. Mathis preston what was it easier for you going through that Process having math's There, in buffalo even though you're kind of competing with them in. A, way.
Speaker 12: Yeah we were actually were roommates for the, whole week so it was really nice to see.
Speaker 13: Him again and, but yeah like the whole the.
Speaker 12: Whole, year honestly we've we've been going through it, all together, you know the interviews and and now. The combine, so uh it is really nice to have someone to bounce things off of and and see how they're doing and how they're handling it and what. They're, saying so, but yeah it was really fun seeing him and get in the room with.
Speaker 3: HIM again i got to ask the weirdest question you got at. The combine we, saw, Somebody Uh jeff merrick Reported THE islanders i think put a brick in front of prospects and asked what they would do. With it what was the weirdest question you got in your in your interviews at? The, COMBINE.
Speaker 12: Yeah i had to two ones Where the islanders were one instead of, a brick, for me it was a it was a?
Speaker 13: Paper clip how MANY things i could do?
Speaker 12: With that and then my other odd one Was The montreal they put a basket by the door and uh made me toss to try toss the puck into it from pretty far away and ended.
Speaker 13: Up, missing so, but yeah those those are THE two u two.
Speaker 3: Weird ones how many ways can you use a? Paper clip i'm kind of CURIOUS now.
Speaker 13: I got I think i?
Speaker 12: Got, Nine, OKAY yeah i just started going from in, and, seeing.
Speaker 13: Uh you KNOW what i could use it.
Speaker 3: For, there yeah so a lot of change obviously ahead.
Speaker 9: For.
Speaker 3: You ryan you're gonna head to THE N C. Double a what went into? That decision and did you talk to any other players that have made the jump to THE N C double a but how it's been? For, THEM yeah i think a lot went into, the decision to, Be HONEST LIKE i i Really love.
Speaker 12: Vancouver and And the giants and they've done so much for me and, you know being the captain there was was AWESOME and, i think, you know we had a really good team going in the next year and that was probably the hardest part, of leaving was was leaving my teammates and my friends and and those.
Speaker 13: Guys there but, FOR me I just i want to.
Speaker 12: CHALLENGE myself i think going TO, The ncaa i'm gonna be challenged, with older.
Speaker 13: Stronger guys.
Speaker 12: You know denver's was, kind of, you know the spot for me because the, coaching staff the way, they play, you know all that.
Speaker 13: Stuff, into it went. Into it, And yeah i've talked to Guys Like.
Speaker 12: Kekean barhoff, you know we're, good buddies so, you know he he talked to me, About That adam valentini AT.
Speaker 13: The u Eighteens with michigan. This year so those guys kind of talk to me about.
Speaker 12: That and and you know a little bit of what to expect going.
Speaker 1: Into it what do you you've got the shirt? On there what are you gonna remember about your two seasons With, the?
Speaker 12: Giants right, YOU know i think it's just THE bonds i made with. WITH everyone I think i had really good coaching staffs THERE that i still talk.
Speaker 9: TO regularly i.
Speaker 12: Still, You know ron And And michael Buble And drew scott and. Everyone there they're just great PEOPLE and I think i'm going to have those relationships the rest of. My life and and obviously, MY teammates, i think, you know those are they're just something of my. Best friends those are guys who are going to be at my wedding and things. Like THAT so I just, i say those guys.
Speaker 13: And they play for.
Speaker 12: My hometown was was unbelievable and not many guys get the opportunity to.
Speaker 1: Do, that, So yeah bublay is going to be at? Your wedding is he? Gonna?
Speaker 3: Say maybe YOU know i have but, you, know.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's such a. Nice guy if you invited on my beat each show up you mentioned You'd love vancouver in relation To, The giants but what would? It MEAN and i, you know maybe they make, a trade but they're they're, drafting third they're drafting. Twenty four what would it mean for you to get drafted by Your Hometown. VANCOUVER canucks a.
Speaker 12: Lot of people have asked. ME this i have like it would it would be just a dream. COME true i think unbelievable up watching, This team i'm a die. Hard fan, you know we'll see what happens in. Two weeks but, UH yeah I mean.
Speaker 13: I would have. No words my fan would have.
Speaker 12: NO words i grew up watching and it would love to Play.
Speaker 1: For, so Yeah. Ay ryan for people who haven't seen, you play is there a player who is a favorite of yours growing up or a player your bait you base your. Game on.
Speaker 12: I'd say THE player i watched growing up a lot Was Obviously Quen. HUGHES vancouver i would, like to, you know pick stuff from. His GAME but i think a GUY that i keyed in on more of this season Was Was josh morrissey and how he plays and and, try to, you know emulate my game.
Speaker 1: After him and, and look you're you're. Getting drafted you're a fabulous, hockey player but you're eighteen, years old and you mentioned this when we brought. Up college what improvements do you think you have to you have? To make what do you have to? Work?
Speaker 13: ON yeah i. Think everywhere, You know i'm not.
Speaker 12: Obviously ready FOR the, nhl YET and i need to work on a lot. OF stuff i think strength is a big one that can kind of flood into all the.
Speaker 13: OTHER categories i need to work.
Speaker 12: On but YOU know i WANT to i want to get more, SHOTS off i want to kill plays early and and, you know really tap into my my. Offense too, So yeah i'm hoping to hope to explore. That.
Speaker 1: More ran this has. Been fabulous what a time of your life. Right now all the best and thanks so much.
Speaker 13: For, this yeah thank you for, having me guys.
Speaker 1: Our thanks, To It ryan, lan again we've recorded that interview yesterday on His way he's committed To the University, of denver den to a Hockey Academy.
Speaker 3: Prider richmond that whole thing with the, Paper, clip like what are teams trying?
Speaker 9: To?
Speaker 3: Accomplish like are they trying to get you to? Slip up or is it, like thin it's more.
Speaker 1: ABOUT you i think it's more about your reaction to the question and how you handle it as much. As anything maybe maybe challenging, your creativity but are you going to roll your eyes and not bother with it and that sort of thing save your? Body, language, yeah yeah that's that's the way it was told to me by somebody who thinks that's what. They're, thinking okay where are? We Here Paul fondling dog poll question a bit out of sorts here experience One of victoria's. Iconic destinies see Things fall Apart Without, rick yeah experience One of victoria's. Iconic destinations Catch The world cup At The wadling Dog with canada games shown live and loud in all twenty two TVs with. Full sound it's gonna be rocking in about half an hour. Or so if it, isn't already come sit and stay At the, Dog today ryan.
Speaker 3: All right Quinn The waterlin dog. Pol questionnaire what would be considered a Realistic Successful world Cup? For canada the leader continues to be advanced to the round of, thirty two which means to get out of. Their group, of course they've got the first game Today into bosnia and hearts of HEARTS of i can't do the.
Speaker 1: Second one i'm not gonna. Help you can you?
Speaker 3: Do it hearts OF the.
Speaker 1: I can't, do IT like i can't, do it Hurts, a Covina.
Speaker 3: HERTZE covina i thought It. Was kavona, so, anyway no You. Did bosnia but He and.
Speaker 1: Kenoy's right but when you look at the six countries that used to be used to Make, up yugoslavia Imagine what yugoslavia. Would be, oh yeah, right now, No kidding croatia. In there next.
Speaker 3: Game For CANADA thursday bc Plays against Guitar, following wednesday the twenty Fourth against SWITZERLAND.
Speaker 1: At bc please that was your lowest moment on. This show that is Sane SOUTHINGK if i, did that you would be talking about it for forty. Eight Hours, Meantime, pastime.
Speaker 3: Yeah pastime we've been talking all week about them being the Home For world cup merchandise and apparel. Pastime sports as you covered when it comes, to jerseys scarves and other collectibles celebrating the, Beautiful game there's never been a bigger time to show off your. Team colors Led by canada as the, host country take your best shot this Summer with canada's largest collection of authentic apparel and. Sign memorabilia for more information and, store Locations Visit pasttime Sports. Dot ca in front of, the laptop we've Got the. Panini, stickers okay on the far right of. Your screen there the hottest item going right Now The ronaldo. Legends card and speaking, of legends this Is the maradonna little collectible figurine here And also ken did give me to. Show off he gave me the small version because he wants to sell the, big. Ones obviously but.
Speaker 1: There it is same Size as. Dollies jersey it is the.
Speaker 3: Same size There's the canada sweater. Right there this.
Speaker 1: Is you that's a good. Looking jersey youth.
Speaker 3: Small so that's why it's. So tiny but uh there There's the, canadian jersey not the what's the, other one the black, ice one not. That one this is the strongary. Red one it is a little bit but the primary. Red one and they have both jerseys available At pastime sports for locations and also online at pastimesports.
Speaker 1: Dot Ya and i'll tell YOU what i tell all the, Young, broadcasters quinn you want to listen. To this if he if there's a word you can't, pronounce properly say it really quickly and slur it and they just confident show all sorts. Of confidence shorthouse.
Speaker 3: Knows this Canada versus Bosnia. And herzegovina, right there.
Speaker 1: You go you got it right.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 1: TIME listen I can't i CAN'T talk Dtmz Next, donny Dolly the Team, on check three Foot, Hot, Dogs Postgamereworks friday noons And The Future Toronto blue jays right in. Your backyard Catch A vancouver canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years At Nap. Bailey stadium, for tickets promotions and, more Information Visit canadians baseball dot com or call six, oh, four eight seven, to two, five two three. To two today it's.
Speaker 3: Eleven thirty four On a. Friday Morning time NOW, for dtmz brought to you By The Whisler.
Speaker 1: Golf Club, Great Track great Track specially Helload To. BIG al dtmz brought to you By The Arnold palmer design was their golf club inviting golfers to stay up to Date with phase two of their Golf course Rento on instagram at wisl goolf and just, a reminder the golf shop and the driving range will remain open. This summer we wanted to get these clips and this is supposed to be our. ENTERTAINMENT section i think this. Is entertaining game five Of The Stanley cup final last Night, In raleigh Hurricanes speat vegas four. To two they're up three. To two game Six is Sunday. In vegas game seven If necessary Wednesday. In raleigh we talked earlier. ABOUT this I Think golden knights are getting a break with those two days between. Both games they look very tired. Right now they, looked tired and their head coach looks tired. And cranky this is. Towards postgame and Remember cam carter hert gonna Said cam ward going back to, Six Here carter heart has given up four more goals in all. Five GAMES so i think this was a natural question to ask by. A reporter We're Asking john tortorilla if he was thinking about an in game goaltending change. Last, night john did you consider it all Going To aiden hill in the third period or was there? ANY conversation, i.
Speaker 4: Thought on, a price that could be the Stupidest question i've heard.
Speaker 1: So earlier in, THE week I Defended john torterella with the microphone. OWN, SITUATION yep i can't defend. Him there first, Of all i'm pro media ninety nine percent of. The time but a goaltending change has worked right For The, kline hurricanes and it was in game.
Speaker 3: To start this is the only thing stupid. There was his answer just completely, dismissing IT like, I don't, I don't i don't understand why that would be so protecting.
Speaker 1: His, guy WELL and i.
Speaker 3: Understand that look at if he makes, that move there's it signals a bit of a sign, of panic right if you're if you're making a switch.
Speaker 1: Like That the hurricanes, did that and now they've got somebody who's one of the stars of. The.
Speaker 3: Series goal But, the hurricanes even though, they haven't could say that there was some kind of, injury there which is why they made that Move With, freddie anderson because he, got, balked right he got hit in the head even but and that hasn't Happened With. CARTER hart i think It Was Kelly. Rudy donny he recently said he thought that the time is already gone when they could now, it's like you're too.
Speaker 1: Far sure but THAT'S not i don't think it's a dumb question. To ask not, At all not.
Speaker 12: At.
Speaker 1: All okay, so meanwhile we talked earlier, about well we talked earlier about the Nineties With, paul DOLAN but i brought up ninety four earlier because of the two days, between games which was the case in, ninety Four between game Six and. GAME seven i think that Favored. The rangers but people will remember in, Ninety Four mark meski making his guarantee In The Eastern conference final Against The New, jersey devils guaranteeing A winning, game six and then on they went To win. GAME seven i lose Game before, game six he made, the guarantee came up with the hat trick stuff of legend In The. Big apple this is similar turrets on his confidence level going into what will be For the knights to do or die game Six.
Speaker 3: And nick Dadd and braden McNabb were just talking about liking their game outside of, the Penalties and i'm just curious if you felt the.
Speaker 1: Same, WAY yeah i thought we had a. GOOD start i had a really.
Speaker 7: Good start we lost momentum and we went back to back.
Speaker 1: In penalties it's about the same time that.
Speaker 4: We.
Speaker 1: Lost bill we're gonna find.
Speaker 7: A way i'm gonna leave my, clothes there that's.
Speaker 1: For sure it'll be in. The hotel pretty much a guarantee of a win For the knights in. Game six by, the Way, mentioned bill You Saw william carlson if you watch, that game key member of the veteran member Of The, golden knights, risk problem, arm problem whatever the case, may be clearly in pain left the. Game early what. The, hospital YEAH so i haven't. Heard anything? Ruled out is he gone?
Speaker 5: Ruled?
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah yeah towards said after he's been ruled out for.
Speaker 1: The remainder Always Entertaining, john tortorella whether you agree with him. Or not we got some, birthdays here? All right what's the? Date today you're in?
Speaker 3: A practice i am on. The birthdays i'm the first time.
Speaker 1: This season i'm the quiz, Master here. JUNE twelfth i got these? Right, then yeah, very quickly pats?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 1: Ready. Yep Okay panthers Swedish defenseman cannock's fifth round draft pick in, twenty fourteen has also Played.
Speaker 3: For chicago did you say two Time standing? Cup, champion no.
Speaker 12: He?
Speaker 1: Got, It yeah no. He did. He did Brandon Whet kings demon drafted second overall By the islanders in, ninety five Traded to ottawa before he played a single Game For. New york played eleven seasons For the senators before signing a, six year thirty nine million dollar deal With the rangers In oh wait sent To the miners two. Years later he was a disappointment With. The Rangers Wade Reddin Wait, Wade Redden darrew wow that's a. Little suspicious there a late Forty first. American president his son was the Forty third, American president GEORGE.
Speaker 3: Was h BUSH H W. Hw, Bush yeah i'm gonna give it.
Speaker 1: The quid the Kid IS.
Speaker 3: George, W, BUSH right i believe w nowhere's.
Speaker 1: This drift. That's, right yeah it's an obscure Reference. To Yeah retired canadian soccer star from probably the greatest place in, The, world burnaby fourteen time winner Of The Canadian soccer player Of the, year award the world's all time leader an international goal scored for men or women with one hundred And.
Speaker 3: Ninety Christine's and claire there.
Speaker 1: You, Go OKAY and i don't know if you guys are going to get This, beacause derek you're. Young too this guy was all over the television SET when i was. Growing Up late american actor and singer Who Played gomer Pile On The Andy griffiths Show And GOMER. Pyle usmc he was an. Opera singer it was really a strange combination. Of, talents no do you? Know this so you live next door to? Your?
Speaker 3: Neighbor yeah does?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 11: HELP no i have no. Idea neighbors. Jim neighbors it was kind. Of close you WERE actually i, was, like yeah said in a, j off, all right.
Speaker 3: That's it there is one other BIRTHDAY that i saw. This, Morning, okay Okay so i'll pitch it to you because you don't have.
Speaker 13: This.
Speaker 3: One okay used to imitate him doing. Basketball highlights, Albert, is yeah that legendary voice In The New New, york knicks all those your agers.
Speaker 1: Freaking out and you know what was one thing that? Stands, out well there's a lot that stands Out. Bur albert, there's ye he got himself. In trouble but also he was an incredible Guest with, letterman, WAS yeah i used to. Do highlights it was just it. Was incredible and haw about, His.
Speaker 3: Son kenny kenny's a hell of a play by play.
Speaker 1: Voice himself big both of them, like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: YEAH yeah I Think kenny albert has the most amount of broadcast. TEAMS ever i think, You're right.
Speaker 1: You're right you're, Banging. On Okay, nancy sai we're going back in. Time again she used to hang Out with. Jim Neighbors nancy sinatra turn eighty Six. On monday she's gonna play Us out december sixty five in The. Album boots This is nancy number one around the world with these boots are made. For walking you, Got, Okay quinn you're gonna have to re queue it. Up again, all right?
Speaker 3: All right he tries to hit, The, Post quinn so you.
Speaker 1: Gotta yeah it's. Not working you gotta.
Speaker 3: Hime in just.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 1: Number one around the world with these boots are Made for we're el were talking the break here boots are made for walking and check where the sixties come alive ON A bc? Friday morning is it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: Me next.
Speaker 5: You keep saying you got something, for me.
Speaker 3: Something you, call love but comes best.
Speaker 1: Pant for is it? Just me brought to YOU BY o P E Ic Outdoor Power equipment Institute. Of canada did you know you can recycle electric lawn and guard equipment? For FREE oh p E i c operates a province wide network of recycling depots to ensure old electric outdoor power equipment gets collected and. Recycled RESPONSIBLY VISIT o p E i c DOT ca a to get. More info THAT'S oh p E i c DOT C a right do?
Speaker 9: The?
Speaker 3: Orders uh this? Is from where is? IT here Rp And White rock is it? Just Me? Or donnie isn't that walk you do Downtown, down granville specifically your normal walk to the Number. Five orange you're more of, A penthouse you're more of A year you're more impartial To. The Penthouse joe leary has a show With.
Speaker 1: The, penthouse, yeah month?
Speaker 3: TEN times i think.
Speaker 1: It's, eleven actually so have been To the, penthos lately but not during operating hours are over?
Speaker 3: For, me yeah.
Speaker 1: That's fair have you ever been To? The penthouse the only Strip club i've, been, TO well i don't even want. To know the only Strip club i've been To. His brandy's.
Speaker 3: That's it twice it's closed now, it's, gone, yeah right?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 3: It yeah oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh or is?
Speaker 3: It moving it's, Moving, right yeah it's Moving. To, granvile yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right is it? Just me?
Speaker 3: Derek answer is it?
Speaker 9: Just?
Speaker 1: Me unsigned even IF the ufc event At The white house is, A flop trump will proclaim it the greatest sports events of, all, time absolutely.
Speaker 5: Bang on you know it's on, his birthday there's. No, question yeah it was supposed to Be on, july fourth and he got it moved to.
Speaker 1: His, birthday yeah well that makes sense no one's surprised.
Speaker 3: With that this is Uh From jeeves Jeeves. From surrey is it? Just me But If zach Cassion And richard seely had, a child it would Look Like Thomas drant's.
Speaker 1: Okay for people who are just Tuning In, richard Seely new canucks A Gm abbitsford canucks, General manager i'm saying that he is a dead Ringer For Sean william scott of a Goon an american. Pie fame but more people saying it Looks Like. Zach, CASSION yeah I think.
Speaker 3: I'm right we've had a lot of submissions from what he Looks Like.
Speaker 1: Grant vancouver is it? JUST me I Think rick dolliwall is drinking crown. FROM me I think rick's crown. Drinking Buddy grant hughes looks More. Like seely you have to be watching the show earlier in the week to Get.
Speaker 3: That hughes this, is uh oh hold on here here it. Is uh This Is. Callum, langley sorry.
Speaker 5: It's it's you're you're you're.
Speaker 3: HOT today I am i am now even know why some of The Things dolly wall Says Happens. Callen langley is it? Just me OR did I See dolly wall leading the Parade Into beimo field Earlier. In toronto he Is, in toronto but he Is not he's on his way that.
Speaker 1: You know, uh no he is on.
Speaker 3: His way he's not, there yet but so he'll be flying over probably is the match is coming to.
Speaker 1: A close this is really really well a Thought out Dave. And burnaby is it? Just me, but okay WHAT am i talking? About, here okay this, Is smooth this is. Really Good but dave is making the point when We tell, thomas this dude Is ask thomas how much of A Role mike yo Played during talkett's. First year nobody. Mentions him was he the? Experienced voice and You Saw rick talket during that Time With mike yo Talked To mike yell all the time at, The BENCH and I Know mike yell bounced around, a lot but obviously a lot. Of respect he always got. A job, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah well he was a Point.
Speaker 1: BY dave i kind of butchered, it there but you get.
Speaker 3: The idea he was in demand as FAR as i Remember when travis brought Him to ottawa right along along. His staff so definitely This is Sam And lake couch and he's touching on something that we've Talked about donnie on. The show is it just me or IS The Bc sports Hall of fame a lot more important than some stupid soccer tournament that's Strong from Sam And lake couch and if you don't know, the STORY The Bc sports Hall of fame was booted OUT Of bc place During The world cup and not compensated during this time because of they needed the additional space for a. Media center all these sorts of things HAPPENING In bc place so they couldn't. Remain open but the BIGGEST beef i have is the non. Compensation thing if they need that, entire building look at it is a massive technical undertaking Broadcasting A, world CUP so i don't doubt that maybe they would need, the space but you have to pay. The people there's another business close BY The bc.
Speaker 1: Place too you have to. Compensate them it could have been no matter what, they say and you KNOW the fifa aciet is SAYING The Bc sports Hall of fame was slow and. Getting oregany it could have been handled much. Much better think starting with what you just you just. Talked, about yes compensation for the people who are out of work for. The summer is it just me? Very quickly you're, So, wrong donny it's not. Even funny time to retire The NEW canucks agm Looks Like. Dak, prescott yeah time for me. To retire THAT'S that's i see what. He, means no, stop it that's the. Week comparable got to get, Going.
Speaker 5: Here, beard yes it's all different From.
Speaker 1: Semi beard THAT means i LOOK like i look Like Mister Seely Richard, seely. Okay okay by, The Way Lions instant scatchwan season Opener, ON saturday, a break wrap up? The show uh? The week the poll, Question, next donnie is only the Team? Lund jack remember that dead electric leaf blower in? The garage still hoping you'll come back?
Speaker 4: To life OH b i see his PC's recycling program for battery powered and electric outdoor.
Speaker 1: Power equipment just like, other electronics electric lawn and garden equipment can also be recycled when it reaches the end of its.
Speaker 4: Useful life old electric yard duels don't have to end up in.
Speaker 1: The landfill if you're an.
Speaker 4: Electric outdoor, power equipment, cappy fixed it could, be recycled whether it's.
Speaker 1: A, leaf, blower trimmer. Or lawnmower many can be recycled for FREE. In bc visit opeic dot ca to find a depot near you and. Recycle responsibly THAT'S ope i See. Dot, ca okay before we Update The waddling dog, cold question our quest continues To Get patrick canendez nineteen seventy nine Mega hit born To be Alive Plated rogers arena on a. Regular basis we understand the PEOPLE at fifa are just as it might get. Get stolen are You, Listening Francesco dolly.
Speaker 3: Wall and the? BAND there i Think Behind, PATRICK hernandez I think i See Him patrick Hernandez.
Speaker 1: From, france yep little. Known, Fact, Yeah Okay wadling dog uphold what?
Speaker 3: We got yeah for the, Final Time, paul ryan final time during the live portion of. The show you can still vote later on today in our podcast what would be considered a Realistic Successful world Cup. For canada the leader the winner for this part of the show is advanced to the round of thirty two with fifty four percent of the. Vote currently so that's what people want. To see they want to get see them get out of the, group stage which is just about to. Get Underway michael bubley on the pitch right Now, in toronto singing our anthem so ahead of.
Speaker 1: The game Against, the BARS and i think the word realistic is the key keyword here, Of course so you can see why you'd love them. To win it probably probably isn't. Gonna, happen yeah is it? Just me we? Got time, no, PHOTOS right.
Speaker 3: I know but we're gonna hit the music like? Right now is it?
Speaker 1: Just me is there something wrong with the co host chair that? Affects pronunciation That's. From paul.
Speaker 3: Something is going?
Speaker 1: On, here yeah well you got, ventilation right that's that's not. That okay exs for, Tuning, in folks have a great weekend on Behalf, Of Quinn, derek, Ryan, Vacationing rick i'm don you have, to date and the world. In sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening To the Donnie And. Dolly podcast be sure to follow Us on Twitter at Donnie and dolly for all the latest. Show content