Speaker 1: Our favorite chief meteorologist from Fox thirty one, Katievr.
Speaker 2: Dave Frasier. Hello, Dave, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am doing just fine.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I'm happy to announce we can stop paying attention to politics because the insane clown Posse has endorsed Kamala Harris, so obviously the race is over. I don't need to do any anymore of that, so we can talk about important things like the weather.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: I realize I'm supposed to be upset or something about it, about it being seventy five.
Speaker 2: Degrees today, but I do not hate this. How much longer of this? Glorious? Are we having.
Speaker 3: Several more days? Actually, all the way through Monday of next week, we're looking to be running above average. And by the way, I'm in your corner, I'm not upset the fact that the temperatures are running about ten to twelve to ten degrees above normal. We're not breaking records, which all are in the eighties. And it is nice. It's you know, it's that kind of fall warm. It's not summer hot, yep. And the evening the evenings are fantastic. Cools off quickly with the earlier setting sun, you got the overnight lows in the forties. You know, we haven't had that freeze yet, which we're looking at potentially next Tuesday night into Wednesday, we might be right there at thirty two degrees for the time this year. So we're talking an eye on that change coming up and the potential for maybe another shot of moisture. Very very dry here in October. So to be talking about getting a little moisture, whether it be a rain, rain, snow mixed, or even a little bit of heavy wet snow in a couple of spots is not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: No, we did get some good snow in the mountains, which is always you know, you always want to have a nice solid start because we're thinking about our snowpack here. And I guess Wolf Creek is opening this week. They got a ton of snow down there at Wolf Creek Pass, so they're opening.
Speaker 2: There was one I believe maybe this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yes, so, oh yesterday, so they're already opening today.
Speaker 2: Well that seems a little crazy.
Speaker 3: Well they got if you've been down to skied Wolf Creek, it's rugged skiing, it's good skiing, it's three up and down. Yeah, it's yeah. And so they got twenty seven inches over five days, twenty two inches in a little over a day, and that was enough to get them the eighteen inch base that they need mid mountain to get people up in skiing, and some of the if you go on social media, you'll see some of the guys skiing and folks skiing down there, and it looks it's pretty good. And then for the North Central Mountains, places like Copper and Keystone and a Rapahole Basin and Loveland got anywhere from five to ten inches, and so that's a helping hand from other natures. They continue to run their snowguns in hopes of getting open soon.
Speaker 1: All Right, I got a question from the text line for Dave. Have we seen temperatures like this year September and October in the past pre global warming series, like fifty years ago? And I think they're kind of asking how common are these very warm September and octobers.
Speaker 3: I hadn't checked the fifty year record, but the way I tend to look at trends like this is are we smashing records left and right? And how old are those records, and as I just said a few minutes ago, we have not been breaking records here in September. Early September we had some warmer days in the nineties and we did break a few records. But even though we had at the beginning of the month in October we had temperatures in the eighties, we weren't breaking records. And while we've been in the seventies for pro long period and we'll stay in the seventies all the way through Monday of next week, we're just not breaking the records. So I think that should give you some historic perspective about how warm have we been compared to where the records are set.
Speaker 2: How are we doing drought wise around the state.
Speaker 1: I heard a report last week, and I want to ask this question first before we talk about how we are. We are one of those states like California. We're kind of perpetually in drought on and off cycle, are we not.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're a high desert climate for much of the state.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're a semi arid climate, which means we are you know, we depend a lot on our snow to fill our reservoirs. We depend on you know, a wet spring is certainly helpful during the growing season. We did get some beneficial rain early in the season until we hit June, July, August, September, October. Prior to that, the spring was in pretty good shape when we were head for the year, and then we dried out. The drought monitor comes out every Thursday, and the worst route in the state, and the entire state is not in droughts. A matter of fact, the San Juan Mountains southwest Colorado doesn't have any drought. They they've been doing very well. The worst rout is right in the foothills of Lharmer and Boulder County, just west of I twenty five and Metro Denver is in there, but not as deep in the drought as they are, and we've been struggling to get this year. There's no question about the problem with the drought monitor now, Mandy is we're in the kind of end of the season so everything is naturally dried out. We just don't look for that leg up right now. But we're hindering the winter and that can help to crush the drought in some places.
Speaker 1: Okay, we do have a couple of people on the text line asking about what are we going to have for Halloween? A Rod has been asking this too. He's got a big party, He's got all kinds of stuff planned.
Speaker 3: What are we looking at Halloween? Well, A Rod's party over the weekend is great. Any plans you have through the weekend, If you do have parties like kay Rod, you're fine. It's going to be in the seventies, mid seventies Saturday, seventies, upper seventies Sunday. We are tracking this incoming cold front. It looks to get us down into the upper fifties and by that time next Tuesday Wednesday, so you're talking the thirtieth, twenty ninth, and thirtieth of the month. The advertise around sixties, so it's more of a seasonal correction right now. We think it's just outside the seven day so we can't see too many specifics, but we think Halloween will be dry but a little bit cool, So it'll probably be in the mid fifties during the day and then for trick or treating hours, say between four or five o'clock till nine o'clock, probably slipping into the low forties towards the end of that timeframe, maybe the upper thirties. But it does look to be dry, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Dave Fraser at Fox thirty one. I don't have anything else for it. Oh wait, hang on, this may be the wrong question to ask. At the end of the segment, does Dave Fraser believe in climate change?
Speaker 3: We've talked about this time and time again. Yes, the climate has changed, but there's a bigger question beyond that that you and I have talked about. That becomes the question of you know what why riving factor? Why exactly? And that's where you get into the argument and it just goes down the rabbit hole very very quickly, because people have their own opinions of what. But yes, you can clearly tell as you look over the historical data and you look at the weather patterns and stuff, that there are other driving forces that can change climate. But remember this climate is cyclical and what the future holds is yet to be.
Speaker 1: Seen exactly, Dave Fraser, you can see them on Fox thirty one. We will talk to again week after a few more days of this glorious weather.
Speaker 2: You can just keep it here as long as you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get you an updated. It times out perfectly next Wednesday. We'll be sitting right on top of that forecast for Halloween excellent.
Speaker 2: That's say Fraser David, I appreciate you. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right,