Speaker 1: Now remember no loud noises.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that breeze feels good.
Speaker 1: To the panic room.
Speaker 2: Don't panic to the panic room store four Finger Discounted.
Speaker 3: Welcome to four Finger Discount where it is the spooky season, which means guys about to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, I love how things just work out well.
Speaker 3: I always say I like it when the Halloween episodes air in October, and this is the first one to air in October in a decade. Correct in the real world, but I love it when our reviews air around Halloween. It's almost like we've got a plan. Almost no thing is. I don't have to plan. It's the fourth of the United just makes shit work out for him.
Speaker 1: Things just fall into place. By the way, who are you? I am I believe Dando and I am guy and welcome to the Forefinger Discount the podcast that that's the important question in Treehouse Horror episodes. Is Matt Groening always back graining? No, not always? Not always feels like he's always bat graining.
Speaker 3: I'm going to check now because now that you've said that, maybe you're going to make me out to be a liar, because I can't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to do that. But you know, it feels like there are always variations on various names. But I feel like I've always seen it be bad graining.
Speaker 3: Matt Groaning, Treeouse of Horror names. I just assumed there would be a website though, just the Simpson's everything.
Speaker 1: Well there's yeah, the Intern's got everything on it. I'll type tree House Horror speaky names. Maybe you know we're talking about all this preparation, everything's falling into place for us, and here I am just sort of throwing a monkey into the wrench. I should have it's a giant wrench too. I've really ground the podcast to a holt.
Speaker 3: I think bad graining may I don't know. I don't want to say it is, but I want to say it isn't. Hey, let's make this interactive. Yeah, let's make the listeners earn their key. Let's check these people actually still listening to this.
Speaker 1: I used to Hey, yeah there still les Nan. All right. If Matt Groening has used another name other than Matt Groening on Treehouse of Horror episodes, let us know, let us know.
Speaker 3: Please mail bad you will not get a price wolving your discount dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: We will be grateful.
Speaker 3: Are limited here limited, but we're here to talk about Treehouse of Horror twenty, which aired in season twenty one. Of course, as we're doing these reviews, I thought this is one that had the Charlie Brown reference. That's what I said to you off the air last week. I was incorrect. I had a Sweny Todd parody instead. What do you think of a season of Treous twenty? I liked to find I thought the first one was the best.
Speaker 1: But I'm a bit of a film nerd, so I like anything that's going to pay tribute to my man, Alfred Hitchcock. I'll like the second one the best. That was my favorite. I'm also a sucker for zombie and post apocalyptic movies, so that was also a good one. I liked how it started. I thought it did well for the first two thirds of it, and then it sort of petered out at the safe zone ending, and yeah, there's no business like mo business. The whole Sweeny Todd thing and sort of show within the show meta aspect. I was like an interesting experiment that didn't quite pay off. I get the feeling. I don't know the writers were either pushing themselves. It's like, wouldn't it be interesting if we did this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't quite get what they were going for here. Actually, so I've never seen Sweeny Todd, the film or the stage show. I've read about what Sweeny Todd's about. Is it actually a parody of the story or is.
Speaker 1: It just inspired? I think very it's a barber, very loosely, Yeah, the demon barber of Fleet Street. And yeah, essentially he cuts the throats of people who are in his barber's chair, gets sent down the chute and Johnny dan Tayer that guy should have been cancer for that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, Sweeny Tod's a pretty good movie, one of the few good late Tim Burton movies. But yeah, the bodies of these of Sweeny Todd's victims get turned into lovely pies that everyone enjoys even they're eating people. They're eating the people, so they might make cafeteria where they're eating the school kids. Correct. Yeah, I think there's no business like business. Probably would have been better if they'd just done a straight up Sweeny Todd parody as opposed to a show within a show, But then you wouldn't have had that title. There's no business like my business. I just people love wordplay about.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't work out what they were going for here, because at one minute they've got some pretty good special effects of Homer falling through the pipes and.
Speaker 1: Blood's coming out, yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 3: The next minute they're throwing a really poorly designed Mo doll to end it, which is I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: What is what actually is this? Yeah, it's a stage show.
Speaker 3: People are watching it, but but it's like it's meta because the story they're telling it is actually like actually does love Marge?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was so confused because because margin Homer and Mo are playing themselves in this play.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was so bizarre. It was confusing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they just because they went playing the Sweeny Todd Carriacs. They'll play much and Mow and Homer, Yeah they should. I think they were putting a hat on a hat on a hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they little bit too clever for me, and for me not a clever person, nor am I and they Yeah, they sort of went a bit too overboard with this one. So unfortunately, having that is the third one kind of like you didn't stick the landing guards unfortunately, and even having like the gags of the audience and that kind of stuff, and Kang and Kodos who weren't funny.
Speaker 3: No, he said, it's about light speed or something that's that's a measure of distance, not speed, or something that measures it through through distance not time. And he's like, you know what I meant, And that was it.
Speaker 1: That's what really. Yeah, but hey, we got We've got two other good segments out of there.
Speaker 3: I think dialog for murder or press hash to return to main menu. So you said that's your favorite. I enjoyed them. What was the second one called? It was don't have a cow mankind a zombie pocoast. They've done zombie ones before. I just like the premise of it being a tainted burger.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and also, well they've done zombie ones in the past year, right, And this is more sort of when what was the air dated this one again? This one originally we always say it when we're talking about the October eighteen, twenty oh nine, two thousand and nine. Okay, yeah, because I'm wondering when the sort of we had that resurgence of zombie movies, because it's got a Zombie Lands two thousand and seven wasn't it. I think, so, yeah, this is definitely got twenty eight days later because it talks about twenty eight days. It's got it on the screen and all that. But it's also it was the Last of Us as well a bit. But also you know the remake of Dawn of the Dead and at the start when you know they first take the bite of the burger squared and it's like, ah, we're all getting zombified and it gets all sort of documentary style, which is very much, you know, like Zack Snyder's Down of the Dead and Dead.
Speaker 3: The series launched in twenty ten, so wow, I thought it was was like two thousand and six, and walking Down it feels it just has been gone forever. And I looked like it's like another spinoff, another spit of way, Darryl's got his own show.
Speaker 1: What is Happens? Like four or five spinoffs walking Dead, none of which I've watched.
Speaker 3: I gave up after Glenn got it that was it. I was like, ah, because what is in it isn't fun anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's Walking Dead, Dead City, There's and that's the one with Megan's one with Jeffy didn more. What was the first one though, it was like not returning to the Walking Dead, it was it was fear the walking Yeah. Now they're just called walking Dead, walking Dead, Dead City, walking Dead. Just Daryl Dixon one. They called The Book of Carol. That might be a spin off of the Darryl Dixon one. And there's at least one other one. There must be an audience. Okay, so people love zombie. Well, there's the thing.
Speaker 3: Zombie is just one of those forever we call it forever license in the pop culture field of toys, like a forever license, like a Star Wars or whatever. Like zombies is just the theme that will always be popular. I think if if a horror movie came out, like it's a new zombie movie, I'm like, I'll probably go say it. I've seen it a million times, feel different ways, but I'm still gonna I'm still intrigued by the idea of zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 1: It's very ebbs and flows. I mean, I think they'll always be there, like there will always be sort of low budget shitty ones being short of the dead as well. Yeah that's true. Yeah, yeah, but something will come up and it's like and there'll be maybe three or four of them, and they'll be like good quality ones like yeah around the time, like I say of the Dawn of the Dead remake in twenty eight Days Later and Shawan of the Dead and all that, like, yeah, zombies are back. And then we'll sort of get a bit of overkill and then there'll be maybe ten or so years and there's like, yeah, zombies are back. This had an iron legend vibe to it as well. It did add the very end certainly. I mean, yeah, I think it's the end of I can't remember the end of the original version of the director's cut.
Speaker 3: Because there's sort of an alternate ending of the director's cut is where he walks with her body into the room, okay, as opposed to sacrificing himself. In the theatrical release, will Smith sacrificehim spoiler all that sacrifices himself right for the good of.
Speaker 1: The world and they end up at the safe zone at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But in the in the director's cut, in the ultimate ending, which I think is pretty cool, he walks in with her body and turns out there it's the body of the zombie and he was angry because he had her body captive that the zombie was angry that will Smith had her body.
Speaker 1: He just wanted his wife back. Well, yeah, that's when they learned to exist. Yeah, that's the thing. And then in the in the novel that's based on that's a really sort of a but one of a better term Patients zero for a lot of zombie movies and things like that, I think Will Smith's character realizes I'm the last of my kind and this is really the next stage of human evolution, you know, and that's I'm not really a person anymore. I'm legend, you know that they sort of talk about, Oh, remember the way things used to be. Oh, yeah, there was this guy named Robert Neville. You don't really talk about him one much because he was the he was the last phase of humanity, and now we're into something new. Yeah, plastic world. Plastic world. That's it's been like plastic World.
Speaker 3: What was the Children of Men parody here? Because it mentions on Wikipedia that's also Children of Men reference here.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling that was more in the like the car chase or the thing with our Pooh driving.
Speaker 3: Okay, could be so it's children are in apocalypse, and I don't think it was an apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Sort of a slow motion apocalypse, Is it really? Yeah, because well, you know, people can't have children anymore, so that's kind of the end of the human race.
Speaker 3: Okay, I own it, but I've never watched it. Chouldren have been dude, Yeah worth watching.
Speaker 1: Get on it? Yeah, Oh fucking dope movie. One of the best of the twenty first entry. Oh yeah, children Man's rad Oh shit, Okay, yeah, man, get on it. I will get on it. It's tough, but it's a It's a good movie, all.
Speaker 3: Right then, so well I enjoy it. Will make me sad, angry and also satisfied. You'll get all the feelings as long as I'm satisfied with That doesn't gives me a resolution, That's all I wanta. Take me on a journey and give me some sort of ending. You'll get some kind of resolution, yes, okay, yeah, But overall I thought this was yeah, a fine storm. I remember mostly the second segment because I'm a big zombie fan. I when I first watched this many years ago, didn't realize that this was all Hitchcock references, Like, so the actual stories are based on which one?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's the thing is. It's called dial m for murder, which is a Hitchcock title and actual movie, but then watching it the whole plot or protash tag that's the Simpsons. Oh yeah, yeah, I've got dial em. I'm not gonna write down the whole title. Ye, but when they get into the hole, Oh, you don't like this person and I don't like this person. But if I murder your person and you kill my person, no one's going to assume that's the plot of Strangers on a Train. Yeah, fifty one, I think so. Yeah, fifty Yeah, good ones, good one, he's got good Ones. Remade for Netflix recently as Do Revenge Okay with Ethan Hawk's daughter Maya Hawk and as one of the leads worth watching.
Speaker 3: No, maybe if you're that's what shit's been about streaming films. It feels like there's just not enough what's the term, there's no there's no filter there. It's just like they're throwing out all this content where you feel like this was twenty years ago. Apparently a remake like that it would be treated with the there'd be someone. They're saying, No, this has to be done better, this needs to be improved. Yeah, content streaming services just like, just give us something starring this person will put it out there, we'll move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: It is unfortunately a lot of people entertainment adjacent will be saying, you hear bad things about Oh, the studio gave us notes about doing this and to make this character more like when was that? Honestly, they might have had a point, but a lot of it. You know, you'll have people even Tarantino said, yeah, I got notes. Some of them were ship some of them worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need some people are creative geniuses, right, but they're greater coming of ideas. I need that one person above them to go get rid of that one, tweak this one slightly, and then we've got a really good product.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you will have very creative people, very yeah, ingenious people will say no, sometimes I need the brakes put on it. Sometimes I need something to pull back on the reins a bit. Yeah, absolutely, but no, Yeah, that's strangers on the train. But you've got a visual reference. So psycho, Yeah, that's the that's the music that you do. Do do do? What else is north by northwest by northwest which oh that's sorry, that's confused. Is that the psycho music? I do the psycho music? But no, that does just sound weird. But yeah, you got bits from Verdio in there, bits from Spellbound, little bits.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, when we're going through it, you tell you, you yell out, that's this reference that.
Speaker 1: Sure. I obviously had their film The Hats on as they were making this though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And but it's one of those segments where as a kid, I had no idea that it was referencing anything. And I think the beauty of these segments is they work not knowing that anyway.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's just a fun.
Speaker 3: Treus of horrors, like you know, it's it feels weird like but it's so weird that obviously parroting something we said it all the time, but as you get older you to start to appreciate it. So is introducing you. That's what the Trust off I do so well. They introduce you to classic horror and classic stories. Absolutely, the shitting is a big one. Who are introduced to the Shining where this one here you fall in love with from Hitchcock as a result.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah. And the other good thing is, I mean you always had rock solid plots and things like that, so you're working from a really strong foundation. If you've got the story of like, oh, you don't like that teacher and I don't like that teacher. But you know, neither result suspective we kill the other one, like cool plot that works, Yeah, and then you know you put your shovel a bunch of jokes on top of it. I'm glad they didn't just go through the clarche shower scene for Psychodo.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they were doing it for a hitchcock. We don't need to do the classic one, the obvious one. We don't have to play the hits exactly, Yeah, because they're doing ones here that you wouldn't normally see parody. It's always it's always Psycho a mother in the chair, that kind of thing, isn't it, Yeah, dressed up with his mum.
Speaker 1: Psycho. What a movie have you seen that? Maybe already discussed this with you.
Speaker 3: Someone put a tweet out many six months ago, twelve months ago saying this is the problem of streaming when the movies and it cuts to a like continue watching on over the corner, and then you may also like this kind of thing fills the screen and it's the end of Psycho and he's staring at the camera. It's like it's in the bottom corner, so he's staring at the screen.
Speaker 1: It's like, look, yeah, even it's the bottom Also like this film and the last thing you see. Yeah, not the very last thing you see, but yeah, and it's only for like a split second or so, as they slightly superimpose the skeleton face over over normal ass face, like.
Speaker 3: Ah fuck yeah, but it's in the bottom corner of the screen. You may also like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You may also like monsterly against Doory or you know, the Meninda something like that, and it's like, can we just leave shit alone? Man Got Hell on Netflix? Actually my favorite did you have any favorite moments from this episode? As someone who half passes things quite often, I Miss Hoover say, don't take this person, and Lisa I barely spend any time. It's not like does a teacher life, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd love to speak to a teacher and say, what's your thoughts in Miss Hoover because I feel like she'd be so relatable.
Speaker 1: Like spirit animals.
Speaker 3: Everything she says is probably how teachers feel, but they actually say it to the kids. It's like, I care, this is the you're grade too, No one cares.
Speaker 1: Another line that I really enjoyed was from Don't Have a cow man Kind. They're on the phone with doctor here. But if you see my wife, tell her I love her me and I love her or me meaning you.
Speaker 3: I start giving a high five. That was really good. I'll love the spin of a poo. They were that nicely sacrificed himself.
Speaker 1: This spakes the way for me to come back. Oh. The other thing, sorry, from that one at the very end end, when it's like what kind of savages would you eat the flesh and drink the blood of someone? Collar tug from Reverend Love. That is like if this was a movie, that that would be in the trailer. So yeah, yeah, those are comeing my framese. What did you enjoy? Oh you've already covered three of mine, but I like to pu as well. By the way, I did have one more favorite moment. Yeah. I don't know if this is aged badly or not. I actually think it was. I thought it was so clever that I probably has an age badly. But Homer's song about being gay.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that, because I'm watching this going this feels really just out there. He's talking about just genuinely just being homosexual. Yeah, I think he says to not be queer. It makes me want to puke or something like that.
Speaker 1: It watches going.
Speaker 3: Is this them trying to say we promise when not all those all those homophobic gags, We're.
Speaker 1: Sorry, We're really pro gay whoever, road this was very program Yes, it was a pretty neat song. It was a good song. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm listening to this going. There was like another Simpsons c D of all the songs on one this will be I'd probably would really enjoy it. That's one thing the Simpsons always do.
Speaker 1: Well. That was the musicals. Yeah, and actually the bit before that as well. When I think it's Mos reading the letter, well it sounds pretty gay. Well read that it gets gay the song.
Speaker 3: I actually it also did in mind when he starts that reading the letter, how he says is going to be his idioms and DiMAGE.
Speaker 1: The kids and the other word. Next question, you there eating the beast?
Speaker 3: All right, it is time now for some trivia. My first question for you is I can't tell you what segment this was in, but my question is what film was playing at the cinema?
Speaker 1: Oh, it was Madeia Goes to Hell. Yeah, was that in the second one? I think it was. Yeah, they're getting out of Springfield. Yeah. My first question to you is this is from the opening. This is from the pre pre oh yeah yeah yeah. The Halloween Store was formerly.
Speaker 3: What oh it was ah something headquarters, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: It's Halloween HQ. Now this is a seat Columbus Day, Columbus Day. Yes, all right.
Speaker 3: My next question for you is what were their costumes once they came out?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't write this down, but I think actually I didn't mind the introy for this. By the way, this is all right, that's pretty good, Okay, iron Man, Yeah, Harry Potter. Recular wolf Man was Harry Potter. Yeah, someone was SpongeBob, Yeah, Franking Stein. And it actually ties into the last segment. No, no, the Mummy was someone is in the film from the parody of the Last One parading one of his iconic other characters from that era, Jack Sparrow, Jack Sparrow. Yes, how then we go fun fat Nicholas never seen the parts of the Caribbean film for one of them? Really how she just goes no, it doesn't never interested me. I was like, the first one's pretty good. Well, the first one's good.
Speaker 3: I liked the second one a lot. Okay, yeah, yeah, because the movie watches the family.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can't remember. It's too scary for kids on that I think.
Speaker 3: Yea, his name isn't Gregory really scary, isn't it. Who's the bad guy in the first one Jeffrey R.
Speaker 1: Jeffy Rush, not Gregor Jeffrey Rush. Yeah, he's a been scared. You might want to Yeah, you might want to give it a couple of years, okay, because I mean especially Holly, because especially Elliot. Elliot would be Elliott might be fine with it. Okay. The second Yeah, the second gets a bit little bit grim. That's the one. Yeah, what's his name? Yeah? But yeah, the ones I wish I liked a little bit more. But they're not bad.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that they overstayed there welcome makes you look back poorly on the originals that we were.
Speaker 1: Could well be Yeah, I mean you can you can stop at the three. You don't need the other ones.
Speaker 3: I don't ways say the Terminator franchise is almost suffered as a result of that. Definitely, like they've overstaid it's work Predators as well. I'm just like the first one is so good, though, and there's the second. Yeah, first time andute second to it was so good. The first Predator is so good, and it's like if the rest of them no good, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, it doesn't matter. The first ones were great. I've got a lot of time for most of the Predators. I like, I love Predator one. Predator is pretty good. The way I always describe it used to always be on TV. I always love it. It's gonna be so good because Predator is a Predator is really good, Like it's really well, it's like legitimately good. So I was like, I've got to actually pay attention to show this proper respect. But now he's in the city. Predator is a relationship. Predator is a one night stand. Yeah, because like you're kind of cheap and nasty, but you're pretty good at what you doing. Is that an alien skull? Well, yeah, there's that. Predators is not bad. I don't mind the first alien versus Predator. The second one is garbage.
Speaker 3: I would be so excited for alien Predators that seeing the alien skull Predator two when I was about know ten, it was one of my first.
Speaker 1: Like the lego point the game. I was like, it's the Skull. The Predator is not very good.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was disappointing. That was very disappointing. I'm looking forward to the bad Lands, which I'm seeing, I think not next week or the week after that, a genuine theatrical film. Yeah, I thought it was just like a TV special from the director of pre which was also not a bad Predator movie. And then pas all right, yeah, yeah. It's this guy named Dan Tracktenberg who he made ten Cloverfield Lane and now he's in the predator business because he made Prey. He made Predator, Killer of Killers, which is on Netflix.
Speaker 3: That's when you say bad Lands. I thought you were referencing the animated thing. No Ah, that's different.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's on Disney Plus not Netflix. Yeah yeahah, that guy who won Stalking Me on Twitter. Yeah, excuse me, it's a niche.
Speaker 3: He's a Stalker fan from the movie Guide.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Killer Killers that's animated and that's on Disney Plus at the moment. And Predator bad Lands, which is live action starting in cinemas soon. Predator bad Lands, I want to read it. Just before we get into our full in depth review of Treo, I could tell you about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go, I'm going to read it here. Okay, we'll go a bit of out. It says, before you listening, cast out from its clan in alien hunter and an unlikely ally bark on a treacherous journey in search of the ultimate adversary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's bad. He's basically this young, young predator dude who's kind of like, all right, you don't think I'm good enough to be a predator? Well, I'm going to go to the meanest planet in the universe and find the meanest adversary ever and take it down, and then you're going to show me my respect. So he's just walking up too a masco on, okay. And he's not going to talk, though, is he? I think if he talks, he talks in predire language and he get subtitled. Yeah. I was going to say, hopefully he's not just like, I am here to something. How you doing? I am here to be a predator? Oh? Really great? So what do we get to talking about those Terminator sequels? Sequels and how I think part of the Caribbean oversay it's WelCom Johnny Depp correct, Yeah, yes, there we are. We got there in the end, we straight far away from God's Light, but we got back in the end.
Speaker 3: This show is brought to you by the four figured Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including his exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com Slash four figure discount. Starting with who who do we always start with?
Speaker 1: Kay TG? Kay TG? Why do we start with her?
Speaker 3: Because she's giving me one hundred bucks? Also, she's rad She's absolutely legend. We didn't have another coffe date with her sometimes at some point come.
Speaker 1: Back to Geelong.
Speaker 3: We're not going to New Southwest, but Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker's, Zach Pruitt, Shanney Macker, Elliot, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Robert, Shawn DVP, Anderson, Timothy Burs and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Heath will Beat, Jacoone, Fadden, Bello, Windo Bank, Adrick McLeod march Or, Levan Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Telea Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b Jameish Up for Joe Ridden's sake, Gavin Lane, Dammy Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Shup, Carter and A FRITZS.
Speaker 1: McNally. Well you shook it up a bit. Yeah, Prinzel's mcnow he's normally up the Lauder, And I thought, Skiff here be like shit. Look, we gave Katie Ga props and deservedly so, but each and every one of these people are dead set legends. Thank you so much for keeping the Wolf from the.
Speaker 3: Door Stone kinds get their name right out on every episode of the podcast. So let's get into her. Your Treos of Horror twenty, which originally ed as I mentioned earlier on October eighteenth, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Did we've done our trivia right? Yeah? We did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had one or two more questions. I actually I had one more question. Okay for it. He's so sad I went to all this trouble. I mean we we folks were recorded going down to South Park earlier today and we land credit Christmas we Lann Credit Christmas, which it turns out we liked more than we thought. Well, I liked more than I thought. I found it really difficult to do trivia questions for it, and I felt so guilty, so I thought I'd better do a few more for this episode. But here's one in dial and for murder and the other stuff in the title. What does t P stand for?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, it's not toilet paper, man, I should know this torture and something torture and pulver.
Speaker 1: I yes, that's all. That's all the trivia. I just it was just I wasn't going to hit you with a bunch of another one. I don't have anymore. Oh okay, then what if I asked you another one just up the ante I could probably answer it.
Speaker 3: I was getting the let's getting the review production code and l a B F one four written by Daniel Chun, directed by Mark might b Anderson and our man Matthew Schofield. Maddie Yes, the Aussie who went over to Marco who work on the Simpsons, and now he's one of the producers even the Dream. Indeed, he also has a comic app called Steamroller.
Speaker 1: Man. I thought you were about to say he's got a podcast. Another guy I saw Nancy Carter I started her own podcasts. I think I remember you saying something about that. Yeah, okay, that's great. We're happy to be on it, Nancy. Oh, we're happy to have you as a guest onto Tour podcast. Yes, yes, across promough. So the episode kicks off with like a cold open kind of deal with the Universal Monsters all waking up in the boys Who's house castle some kind it's spooky Castle, Spooky Castle, Yes.
Speaker 3: Waking up to go trick or treaty on Halloween. The bullies taught them though Turner classic movies called and what their costume is back. I feel like Lendon Moulton will take this personally because he loves the University. He watched this, and they head to the costume store because everyone's making fun of their old costumes because they're and this is at a time two thousand and nine where dare I say, even still Universal Monsters just feels.
Speaker 1: Old hat a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they've just done the theme park in in the States, like an extension of Universal Studios called what it's called, but it's it's Universal Monster's Area basically apparently some really good rides there, but they just never seem to be able to sort of bring those characters back to life of the big screen, have they not?
Speaker 1: I mean cool way. There was the bid to do the whole Dark Universe thing starting with the Tom Cruise movie The Mummy. That's what it's called something universe at that's the theme park. Yeah, but that was such a dud that it was because they had like a promo poster and yeah, I think it was going to be Russell Crowe was in it as Jekyll and Hyde. I think Johnny Depp was going to be the Invisible Man. Have you a bad damn? I think was it? There's maybe as Doctor Frankenstein or something, But it was like canceled you to complete lack of interest. You know, we don't need more of universes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably not. I think I'm just dombe with it all man. I think I just want give me an Invisible Man movie. I just watch and enjoy.
Speaker 1: Kevin Bacon in there floor you can the Hollow Man. What he called that was Hollowman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a spin on the Invisible Man though, was well he was invisible, wasn't Is that what he walked in his desk flapping around, but it's like invisible something like that. Yeah, they're going really kept making.
Speaker 1: Keip got his weighing out for he got his bacon out for a few from one or two things, wild things. I think you get us. Yeah, he's looking at other stuff. There's an added TV ad for Phanta out of the moment, whether because they've got these new Phantom variants that have got like limited limited modern monsters on the on the cans what it's like, and it's like, you know Meghan the Killer Doll and yeah, no, no, you know you know Meghan the movie. It's like the AI doll or whatever doesn't dance and stuff. Chuck, He's in there. He's modern, is he? I guess compared to the university. Well there's the new TV series Jackie and all that. But you know one of the like Freddie Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy's or something big that's huge. Well, yeah, they've already well the movie was very big. Yeah, and sequels coming out later this year. But I was looking none of these months is really sticking with me, not in the way that you know, the Universal Monsters were all the eighties legends like Michael Myers and Jason Vorhees and Freddy Krueger and all that one was the grabber from the Black Phone movies. Do you know, no black Phone, it's called the black Phone. No, it's a series of them. There's there have been two the black Phone. Yeah, what is that about?
Speaker 4: Um?
Speaker 1: I think there's a child kidnapper slash murderer. This is a person who murders an Ethan Hawk. Yeah, Ethan Hawk is the grabber.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's a shy c a thirteen year old boy who's being held in a soundproof basement by a sadistic mass killer. When a disconnected phone on the war starts to ring. He soon discovers that he can hear the voices of the murderer's previous victims, and they are dead set on making sure that what happened to them doesn't happen too finny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure it was rid It's okay, okay, Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It's based on a story by Joe Hill. It was the son of Stephen King. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: The more you know Blackphone and Black Phone two? Yeah, right then they came out this year blackphone too.
Speaker 1: Did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good post. Have you seen the post of a blackphone too. That's the kind of post that like a video cover in the videos in the nineties. Oh yeah, look you look at that and you go, I want to see what this is about. I was telling to Nicola the other day, we'll flicker through Netflix, and I was like, when that guy passed away, they want did all the posters?
Speaker 1: What's his name, Drew Streusan.
Speaker 3: I was like, posters are a lost art now, Oh god, they just through you. Now it's just replaceable. Yeah, in the streaming ser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the replacement that is like Mondo or or You've got a whole bunch of tum and going. Here's here's my interpretation of what a poster call this modern movie would look like. That that guy was basically the John Williams of movie. Yes.
Speaker 3: I was like, he did all the ets, the various Stay to the Future, all that. Didn't you just spar you did Indiana Jones, Harry Potters. I believe, like, holy moly, we had.
Speaker 1: A double a double whammy loss because we lost that guy, Drew Strewsan And then a couple of weeks beforehand, there was an Italian guy. I can't remember his name for laughing me, but he did a lot of really iconic posts as well from the sixties through the eighties. He did like the Cone and the Barbarian Pes. You mentioned him, Yeah, yeah, I want to say Ricardo Castro or something like that, but I'm I'll be completely wrong. My sincere apologies to that man and his legacy, because he did some dope artwork. Venito Casaro I was very close, is that the one, Yeah, Renato Casaro, good name, good name, good good artist.
Speaker 3: Unius the monsters, Yes, So they realized that they're outdated and not cool, so they go to get some more modern outfits.
Speaker 1: So you've returned us to Treehouse of Horror twenty already already in progress.
Speaker 3: Already in progress. They arrive at a party. It's almost like a swingers party at the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: It's looking a bit that way. Well, yeah, I mean Marge's a bit clearly bit lick it up. Yeah she is.
Speaker 3: She's down for it, yeah, as she always is. But he says they're not my friends. But they brought a bottle of boozy lets them in. Yes, and missus k Salma Nelson's mum. I think Luan van Houten are all flirting with the various monsters getting it on, and then the wives of the monsters arrive and catch them. And as Homer says, going, what does he say, what happens in costume stage when you're a costume it's not cheating or something that's right? Yes, And they don't take that very well, do they.
Speaker 1: No? No, he gets his head ripped off and it ends up in the punch cold.
Speaker 3: I will say Hank is doing his he's the voice of the Mummy here, hankers Ariah, God love him, but he has like one accent for all his movie roles, and he's doing it like it's his voice for the guy from Mystery Men and the voice of the each Egyptian guy in Night the Museum. He just talks like this a bit of an can be accent, like you're the one I'm talking about, and I watching it, I'm like, this is just the same voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well he's not the man of a thousand voice. He's a man of characters, nine hundred and ninety two voices.
Speaker 3: I don't know, incredibly talented manded. Simpsons wouldn't exist without him. But we watched the Night at the Museum films wy I've told you.
Speaker 1: And kids loved them. So yeah, that's that's speed for the kids. I mean, not speed for the kids. That's the kid's speed. I reckon. Yeah, something like that would be a good family viewing, as opposed to say, Partisal the Caribbean. Wait, a couple years before parts of the.
Speaker 3: End of India Jones wouldn't go down too well. It doesn't go down too well for me. Now after the first watch it, I was like, whatever, But yes, they get kicked the That is the end because they kill home for saying that, and that's the beginning of Far twenty. We get dial m for murder or press hashtag for what. So Miss Hoover has chosen Hubert Wog no reference to this afterwards. It's just I think it's like a spelling bee or some spelling championship, was a reading or some sort of ye thing to represent the class, represent the school. At least I think she's going to be selected, But no, she chooses Hubert Wong, who I never heard of before. And Lisa is really really pissed off by this. She says, don't worry, I didn't really put much I.
Speaker 1: Barely spent any time on this decision.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Hubert, Why should I congratulate your tutor Amelia at the homework factory? Your victory is tainted aster risk.
Speaker 1: Aster esk Lisa, don't take it personally. I barely spent any time on this decision. Asterisk Lisa. She's a bit of a bitch. Yeah, if you get on her corner. She's very jealous, doesn't she. Yeah, she's not the center of attention. So she arrives in detention skinners. They're surprised that she's there because even though his horoscope said that he'd sees something interesting, but he thought it was just gonna be his horoscope. He's reading Confirmed Bachelor magazine. Yeah, you know what, you know what confirmed bachelor means? You know what? That was always code for no, it's code for being gay. Confirmed bachelor. Like if you were talking about say in the forties or fifties, like such such and such actor, you know there's a confirmed bachelor, it's like, oh that's cover. Yeah. People doesn't like like, oh yeah, it's going to like if you know, you know kind of confirmed bachelor. Yeah, does it mean bachelor for life essentially? Yeah? Yeah, Okay, it was. It is so bad. So ever you're ever gonna settle down with the right lady? Oh, I think I'm a confirmed bachelor. Say no more. We'll be seeing a song about you. In the third seg can we one TV?
Speaker 3: But Bart says he has an idea, and it's the plot of train Yeah, where he says, I will murder your teacher for you, and you murder my teacher for me, missus kay, and they'll never there'll be nonetherwise. Yes, they keep saying criss cross, yes, cross cross, criss cross.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: There's no obvious motive here. Then Lisa follows missus k home. Bart's establishing his alibi at the tennis by mooning the audience. I didn't mind them looking sideways.
Speaker 1: That's that's a famous shop from Strangers on the Trainers case.
Speaker 3: Thank you're gonna kick ruinding of all this, I had no idea. So the more you know, the better these get. You can enjoy these fow the face value, but the more you know, it's obviously much better. Then she knocks on the door, hides under the chairs under the stairs, I should say, and she thinks that's all.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's it.
Speaker 3: I've done it ditch thing. Don't ditch we call it? No we what do you call is it? Nick knocking? Nick knocking on the doors?
Speaker 1: I've never done it. I'm just a good boy. What's what's one of your rock roofs as well? Roof rocket? That's roof rocking rocket.
Speaker 3: Nick knocking, we said all the time, all the time. Another thing now, and I think if some ship had just kept knocking on my door, I'd be so angry.
Speaker 1: You know, you had a kid karate chop your or karate kick your door. That's different.
Speaker 3: Just the thing is, if it is nick knocking right knock on the door and running, they're not wrecking anything.
Speaker 1: In the backside as children are allowed to do. Yeah. And I'd always let him go like twice, but they made me get up a third time. Like guys, just that's when you become old men dander. Yeah, i'd be old man Danna the first time. Now, I reckon. Just you made me push pause for this. You made me get out of my chat.
Speaker 3: This is where Bart says, I'll show you the look on missus Hoover's face, and he actually holds up her actual head. He has killed her. I'm glad we didn't have to see him kill her, just him having the heads enough. Oh yeah, that's suit of belevidence.
Speaker 1: How do you think he killed her? Oh gosh, Well, it seems like there was a lot of head stabbings in this episode. Beheadings mean well, no, because it seems like a lot of people ended up with knives in their heads. Bart did at the end, and I got the feeling, did he oh the end of this one? He did it? Yeah, yeah, but it felt like more than one person got stabbed in the head. You can't call on the others. Or maybe it was just having knives in the head. Oh gosh, how do you think it would have killed her? He seems kind of hands on. I think the beheading happened post murder. Yeah. Maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he says that, you know she can't believe it. He says, well, she said you didn't say kill you. I said prank. Prank his code for killing.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. Like Mum and dad, when they say snuggle, they mean were gonna lock the door and hug.
Speaker 5: Ding dong ditch means you kill her, then you throw that ding dong into a ditch. Geez, pick up a book.
Speaker 1: You're a monster.
Speaker 5: A Deal's a deal little sister. Tomorrow after school, go to her house and tepe here. That's it, just tpe her. Yeah, torture and plolverarizer, then ding dong ditch the boddy and we're even I think I'm going to be sick.
Speaker 1: Lisa then sees the Missus case in the room and you're in the arts room his art room is it room? The art room would usually have those kind of things.
Speaker 3: Big blade things that are cutting the paper, and she sort of was leaning under it. I think she dropped something. She has to pick it up, and she tries a light something was line. She says, come hold this bloy from me so and it sliced through my neck and butts at the windows, saying do it dude.
Speaker 1: He says, slice like a bagel. But no, she doesn't. She can't do it. She said, thank god I didn't didn't sleep with my neck like a bagel. I don't want to want that to happen, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now she goes to the toilet Lisa, and Barty's in there. He's been I didn't mind this. Were winning around in here and also wondering how girls peek because when you're like your ten.
Speaker 1: You're like, how does that works? Where's you or not? We all sit down to pee what like?
Speaker 3: Girls, Yes, listen office look, rather than kill missus K, but I just do all your homework for him. And Bart say's note that's not I'm not going to accept that at all.
Speaker 1: I like to be orty Lisa about it as well, saying I won't I won't give you the answers, but I'll give you the tools to get there.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he says, you don't kill missus K. Willie will blab on you because he owes me one one? Does he owe bart one?
Speaker 1: Well? Who did he kill? He killed Skinner? That's right, yeah, yes, And look at the Philly skinnerhead like a knife in the head or something that maybe that's it. Maybe that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chriss crossed like the Platinumus kilts, and he's not running a kilt. He runs away. Listener says, well, I've got no choice. I'm gonna have to do it. Kill you, yeah, and she goes to kill Bart. I like the shot here of them running up the ladder and it's just the slide in the playground. Then they knocked Hitchcock down the Washington Monument. What was the Washington Monument.
Speaker 1: That's in that's the climax of north by Northwest and someone's dangling off vant rushmooh we're there, we go. And Hitchcock famously had a cameo in all of his movies, Oh to stand lead it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and then he they've only threugh like his various paintings.
Speaker 1: That's from Spellbound, which is Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman his better known movies. But what they did was higher legendary Sourrilla's artist Salvadore Daly to sort of provide the artwork for the for the dream sequences, because like, some guy goes on him under hypnosis because he's got some sort of repressed trauma or whatever, and he's having all these sort of weird dream visions and yeah, Dahli, the legendary surrealist supplied all the weirdness and we see it here. Cool. So it's just pretty much a not spot for spot, but it's an homage. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then they jump on shows on the spin You I never know what these things are called the Merry go Around spinny.
Speaker 1: Called Merry Go Around in the U S No No in the in the subtitles. Do they on Disney plas? And I was like, there's no horses. Yeah, it's not really a marrying around. But yeah, I'm not sure what you call it either. I was never merry on those things. I was always sick. I always found them a great fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always one kid that goes flying off, though there's always better we nega go fas.
Speaker 1: And there, you know, you sort of defy the lords of gravity and yeah, they becomes the Gravitron. Yeah, they iniably get a part broken.
Speaker 3: The ice cream truck arrives, makes all the other kids run away, and Bart's left there by himself. She tries to stab him, and he says, look, we're made for the same dinner. No DNA, you idiot, and then she throws the knife in the ashes. I'm not going to kill you. I'm that's beneath me. Throws a knife from the air, lands on his head and kills him, and then missus Kate and her laugh and walk off.
Speaker 1: So that was the plan. Maybe yeh, there was like a criss cross the secret. Yeah, so a double cross. How I don't understand it. I don't understand it. I freely admit like, okay, so this is.
Speaker 3: A twiz twist. I guess you didn't see that coming. Next segment is Cold, Don't Have a Cow Mankind, and it starts with Kent Brockman at the launch of the new Burger Square at the Krusty Burger. Krusty says, they start with Grade A beef. They feed that to cows and they kill them and serve this unholy results on a seven grain bun.
Speaker 1: A count advisor on the Math checks.
Speaker 3: Out watching this the news broadcast on the TV. Lisa says, cow and cows. It's an abomination. Like, Lisen, you're a vegetarian, but these cows have made a different choice.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Then Brockman's first is the first human ever to taste this crime against nature, and he immediately turns into a zombie and bites Krusty's arm and they all start eating each other, and we get the intro Don't have a cow Mankind and zombie Apocalypse has started, even with the visuals changed. Now there's one element about this entire segment that is different from any other segment of Treos of Horror.
Speaker 1: What is it up to date? What is it's no music?
Speaker 3: Oh well, which I thought was a really nice touch. Okay, that's the tone and the vibe of you know, the zombie popelits. No one's gonna be playing fucking music. Is there no score? Because you watch zombie films and there's always scored to make it eeries like silence is sometimes even scarier. Oh yeah, yeah, but they only use music in this one at the very end, when the world is better and at least it's like the world's turned better again after Bude this.
Speaker 1: That might be the Children of Men reference, because I don't think there's a lot of music and Children of Men because they want to sort of emphasize the desolate nature of a world without children, because it's been like eighteen years since anyone gave birth to a child in Children of Men.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'll tye Children of Men's Simpsons and see if anything comes up, or it'll be that guy was the nine or two and it wasn't that that was no country for old men, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't even see any direct reference here. Yeah, maybe that's it. Yeah, okay, but anyway, but as you want it out, and I think I mentioned it earlier, Yeah that, yeah, you see it sort of starts to go documentary styles like, oh, I'm the news cameraman filming. There's ah no, this is on me. You're taking me in the camera goes sure. Yeah, guys, there's like twenty eight days later kind of thing. Yeah, I'm very much an opening credits of Dawn of the Dead kind of thing as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember in twenty eight days. That's the first one, twenty weeks, twenty days. There's twenty eight days, twenty eight weeks, and now there's twenty eight years later.
Speaker 1: Second one, Third one? Any good? Third one's great? Okay, yeah, third one came out earlier this year. Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 3: I remember when the when the first one came out, I was like, well, that guy's Wang's out and it's just out there, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well there's there's more wangan twenty eight years later? Is that? Oh yeah, it's really good. Definitely worth checking out, not just for the Wang.
Speaker 3: So basically it says here twenty eight days later actually says, as obviously can be, we're parodying this one. Guys and the bar Flyers have got Mo. They're taken to eating take him to each because he's not a zombie yes, you may want to watched it before eating, like, well, thanks for the advice.
Speaker 1: That's good. The man's got mo.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not going out to help him. We have no idea what hideous creatures might be out there.
Speaker 1: Please let mean, how do I know you're not? I'm your father and I need your help. I can't make sense of that much you're talk.
Speaker 3: This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifold, the one about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com, slash four finger Discount. Bart is now starving and doesn't want to eat any of the fruit and vegetat and there in front of him, so he sees Ralph eating himself looking through the telescope, and then he sees a hamburger, one of those burgs attained to once at Krustyburger over in the distance. Margin walks in and catches him eating it. And Homer tries bashing him with the last book in the world. This is like, don't do it as the last book, and then she reads it's.
Speaker 1: What it's our SiO. I think it's the our Seneo autobiography. Didn't he have Ed's on TV show? Right?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Here, the ar Sennor Hall Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very popular, popular for a brief time. That's the Yeah, didn't he have somebody? Didn't he respond to racism on that show?
Speaker 1: Once? Was an iconic moment? Yeah? I think it was on around the time of the Rodney King beating Okay in nineteen ninety two, which was very much a flashpoint. You know that sort of sparked the la riots as well, but it hasn't changed.
Speaker 3: Bart is where they realized that you know, oh wait, he's the young he's the savior. He's got he's going to be a cure for the He's going to help them make a vaccine to cure everybody which is on watching his going is this last of us? It's obviously a last of us because it wasn't was when the last of Us come out the game.
Speaker 1: This is this is more I am legend. That's kind of like, oh yeah, he's immune. We can use his we can use his blood as like a I think a lot of people have used this or a lot of movies abuses, like he's patient zero, we can use their blood as a as a vaccine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the first game, Last of Us, came out twenty thirteen. Yeah, remember the Last of Us was a.
Speaker 1: Hit TV show for one season. Absolutely that me was like, I'm going to be your daddy. I'm like, that's the end of that show. There was another zombie TV show I don't know if it's on Netflix at the moment, called z Nation. It was kind of like the the yanky n QR version of Walking Dead because z Nation sounds like a teen drama, but it was. But that's a big plot point of z Nation is like, oh, there's this one guy who was in jail and they were running experiments to try and find a vaccine for the zombie outbreak. Oh, and this guy got bitten by a zombies. But he's not dead. Clearly he's the guy or we can we can turn his blood into a vaccine, but we have to get him across country through a z nation through you know, the United Nates, the United States of Zombie. It's no good, but it's great if you know what I mean. It's like, oh, this show is terrible, but I'm really enjoying watching it. Guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure. Absolutely So sometimes when they're shit and they know they're shit, that makes them good. But one other thing. Sorry, Then they made like a spin off of that called Black Summer because they elude in z nation, they've learned to Oh shit, Black Summer. That was bad. That was you know, when the zombie outbreak happened. They made a show call Black Some that they went for two seasons and it was fucking yeah. It was. I mean, it made the Walking Dead just look like what was according it? Black Summer? Black Summer, Okay, yeah, really nasty, just brutal, but so good. Yeah. So if someone what's that on? It's on Netflix? Okay, So if listeners view was if you like a good zombie movie, like one that just doesn't take any prisoners, yeah, Black Summer, check it out.
Speaker 3: But Homer says, we need to protect a Bart at all costs as he's choking him and Hibbitt with his head. They get through to Hibbitt. Hibbitt's basically saying he's fighting off zombies at the same time, saying, what wouldn't it was a really badass moves. Yeah, he said, his blood is the key to saving humanity. I mean to get into it, to the safe space. There's a safe space out there somewhere. And he says, tell my wife that I love her. Misunderstands you're saying. He just understands him.
Speaker 1: You mean I love her. I'm meaning you as he has.
Speaker 3: Eaten by zombies. Omer and Butt then leave no loud noises. Oh man, that breeze feels good. All the zombies come out of everywhere, they burst into the house, and how much is going If you're I'm a kid watching this, I'd be genuinely scared at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. There's an ad a series of ads currently on television for the Kia automobile range, but they're set in the zombie apocalypse. I've ever seen those. No, I don't know how they came up with. I mean, clearly the ad agents just kind of like it, wouldn't it be fun to be a zombie movie? Except we're in advertising, so you know, let's picture it the key. It's like, oh, these cars are really silent, so they won't disturb in his zombies. That's our new range of electric bells or whatever. So they've got all these, you know. Uh, it's day three hundred the zombie Apocalypse and I'm out of coffee. Time to go to the supermarket. They're driving along in this silent car and not bothering any zombies. But it's got pretty high production values.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's another going around. It always seems to pop up when we watch free to air TV. It's people stuck in like this quicksand yeah, and someone goes it's almost like being stuck in to mergage or something. Nicole always watch like that is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: That's a stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you guys stuck in now. Yeah, Yeah, it's like being stuck with the mortgage or something like that.
Speaker 1: Nicola.
Speaker 3: Can't happen, slav everytomic comes on. But so they've been chased out through the house. I didn't mind this. It's to the panic room. We don't have one, to the panic room store. Yeah, and Bain tries to save them, another politician who can't keep his promises. Then a poo gets his time to shine here. He arrives and he's going to help them leads into his car. He's going to drive barred to the safe space to save humanity. It was really gruesome be here when he runs over Molman's head his brain Like, yeah, for a funny visual, but it's just brain's coming out, like even I think it's tres of horror too, where they're making Frankenstein, but it's Homer and Burns rips the brain out of his body, makes a snapping sound. I'm like, yeah, so there's always like stem parts. Yeah, just gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they're driving around who said that he survived because he didn't eat a burger because he's a vegetarian, and plus he's a convenience store workers armed to the team as well. And then he smashes through the glass and the zombies are annoyed. We need windows too, And then he gets marched because Helen Lovejoy has now jumped on zombie Lovejoy has jumped onto the front windscreen. He gets marched to shoot her. She can apologize in hallevern know she's the godmother. Then they crash the car.
Speaker 1: We'll get out on push matter what, but must make it through this safe zone.
Speaker 4: I was so noble of a pull to give us life for us, where are you going?
Speaker 1: You're supposed to stop put the bottom.
Speaker 5: Right for me.
Speaker 3: Then the car just just randomly runs out of petrol, and no one says anything, just like pulls over, and I was like, why she pulled over a petrol's jokes? Yeh okay, they're dight a petrol. Oh bit fine that. Then Bart jumps on Lisa's shoulders and she hits him in the head with the tree the branch because he's on his shoulders annoying her. Then then Homer sees mister Burns and Spiders who have clearly had a car accident and they're dead. Homer mocks him, who's unproductive? Who's an unproductive worker? Now rips off his nose and then Burns bites Homer and he's now turned into a muncha. So he turns into a different kind of muncha because every other moncha, and this becomes a vicious.
Speaker 1: Kind of million yes, a little bit of astraint due.
Speaker 3: So he's just this random, typical zombie. He's not actually eating anybody. So they're walking around saying, Dad, do you get bitten by?
Speaker 1: Zombie?
Speaker 3: Blobs on about brains, and then Bart grabs the gun and says, you want in the mouth of the eyes, the mountain eye as it is. But then they are crazy guy arrived. Much as we'll get you to the safe space because if we get there, we can cure you can cure a Homer. There are crazy guys there saying you think there's a safe space.
Speaker 1: Do you think there is? It's right over there. They enter. Hold it right there, Bob.
Speaker 6: What kind of civilized people eat the body and blood of their savior?
Speaker 3: Then by it comes up with an idea and we cut to the first bit of music in the segment. Everyone's at peace, it's all great, everyone's happy, and all they had to do was that bad take a bath in their food. I mean, look, if this prevents the zombie apocalypse, I'm going to be eating food that someone's bathing.
Speaker 1: I guess. So, yeah, it's worth it. I would hope that they would maybe have a bath themselves before that. I go find a nice river or something, and you know, maybe give the give the problem areas a bit of a rinse. Yeah, the problem. Now it's time for the final segment, which was yeah, pretty lackluster. Really, there's no business like my business. All right, we're going we'd run this one. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: The stage show, said at Moe's at the top of the bottom like sweeny to so the meat the meat pile places underneath or whatever. Yes, yeah, so he it's just it's where he bruises beer. Down below, Moe is sad because no one finds him attractive. He offers Barney a micro brew, but the tap seems to be blocked, so he sends down like a vipero.
Speaker 1: Python was like, you think they right in there? Better send down this cobra cobra, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yet he realized it's not working, so he goes downstairs to try and fix it as well, and Homer takes this moment to grab the unattended tap, which is like taking beer from a baby.
Speaker 1: I do like the song that he's singing though, because he's one of the lyrics that Moe was singing is like shoot me a qut whose standards are low? Yeah? Who among us we can relate?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Homan then accidentally falls onto the spikes and the poles below. However, Relax slides down Relax door, Relax, and he can't bring himself to talemage.
Speaker 1: Moe can't.
Speaker 3: Ah, it will break her heart. So she says she's so beautiful, she gives me wings. He flies up, hits his head and the light and whatnot. Then he says that Homer left her and he never loved her anyway, and then they he homost help.
Speaker 1: Me or at least kill me. Is this where most says in unrelated news, I just put on cologne? I think it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, this is also studying to be a ventriloquius, which is what the voice is downstairs. Then blood drops into the beer.
Speaker 6: There's something not about this beer. It tastes like codling. It tastes like clean clothes. It tastes like hot, steaming cocoa mixed with rainbows.
Speaker 1: It was for bodied, full blooded. It's such a lovely plant.
Speaker 4: It's jelly.
Speaker 5: It's loyal, like drinking your best friend.
Speaker 1: I stop my crying.
Speaker 4: Why I don't know, but this rosy, cozy bubbles in my nosy makes me wanna have.
Speaker 3: Moll So is that the is there a some sweny Tod where it's like the pies taste so good because there's blood in it.
Speaker 1: Look, I wouldn't call myself a Swingy Todd super fan, but I just recall that everybody likes the pies because it's like, what's this magic ingredient, human pies? Human flesh? Who doesn't like pies? Right? I know you have to be some kind of monster. Yeah, except the Australian version of a pie. Well you're talking about we didn't have. I didn't have like a cherry pies in America, you didn't. I never had one of those. I don't have beef pies there, do they? You know have them in England? Not really? No? Yeah, I used not mind a pork pie when I was in England. Loves port pies. Yeah, pie, pork pie just sounds funny. Pie. Yeah, but that's the thing people, so I'm going for In America, you're usually getting some sweet pat what's pot pie? Not kidding, map Yeah, chicken pot pie? Yeah, like yeah, little little pies because pork pie is quite small. Yeah yeah, but I think they call it a pot pies. But you wouldn't. You wouldn't say I'm going for a pie. I'm going to get a pie.
Speaker 3: But she says she's no longer crying. Marg just this this beer has made her feel so much better. But it makes her want to have mo which I thought was a nice play on that's there because in the means more and in general correct. Then the aliens are in the crowd, and he says he's the best play in light years and that's.
Speaker 1: Just not funny. They've been at all not funny.
Speaker 3: More then flirts with Marge and he reads out the Homer that the letter that Homer wrote, sorry, I should say on most paper in his handwriting using his idioms and speech pans d image. And he doesn't know the kids names as you're saying, that does sound like home, and they do not know the kids' names. And he says, I'm gay. Keep winning it gets him in gay. Homer then sings about being gay, which is like the song is quite funny.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well turning gay.
Speaker 2: The other day a thought occurred to me, I'd like to try most every guy from here to jimbutie, oh, there's so many men around the world of appreciate bend side. I want the nearby lunch and making jerks Terry are good dies. I want a French kiss as a Frenchman.
Speaker 1: And spoon in English duke cost frankly dear to not bequere just makes me.
Speaker 2: Want a puke. So find yourself a mare, and who want you win?
Speaker 1: No Sacks.
Speaker 2: I recommend doctor old friend.
Speaker 1: My tender Moses.
Speaker 3: Then he asked Marge if she's keen, and she says, ah, maybe. He says, I'll get you a little bit more of the milk of amnesia. Then he goes downstairs and it's Moros confused. I was like, wait a minute, so, so who's not there? Yeah, home's nice because he looked dead to me. And then Homer's still getting changed in his costumes. Moe has to improvise here, which I thought was actually quite a funny day joke, so he says it ran to an Irish man really rally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good joke. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Homy gets into position, they get back on with the play. He squeezes more blood into the beer. Then Agnes gets a phone call in the audience and she's like, I'm watching a play. Wait, Radiator, it's a new or rebuilt And I was like, there's no gag here.
Speaker 1: This is really weird.
Speaker 3: So Margen drinks it and she says she's never felt so uncreeped by Mo and she admits it's time to move on, and she cries, but her tears wake up Homer who was downstairs. So I'm just lost.
Speaker 1: It's not very well thought out. Yeah, it's pretty weird segment.
Speaker 3: Mo then sings about how he's creepy when he has sex, So you can only have sex in the back of the purse, dresses a Civil War nurse go through her purse, that kind of thing. But you could do worse, and bar Flights say, we have proof that you could do worse. And he's about to say She's about to say I could do worse, and I was like, no, you can't do worse. He interrupts and he throws my away and then throws away the fake dummy Mo. Then he asks if she could ever love a man who was half beer half man. She says, well, I always have, and then the car say hope you enjoy this. She's Halloween show and the alien is asleep, and that's the end of the segment, and that's the end of the show. Yeah, really weird ending. Yeah, yeah, funny, it wasn't. If you don't know sow any Todd, you like, what the hell.
Speaker 1: Is going on? Correct? Yeah, I'm wondering how if it would have worked better if they'd rearrange the segments at all, if they maybe had I don't have a cow mankind at the very end.
Speaker 3: I just need to end with this one because the way it was set up, I feel like it would have lost me as a viewer if I was watching on TV. That was the second scene.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the first two were strong. Absolutely, Yeah, I at least appreciate they went. They tried something different. They had a swing, bit of a miss.
Speaker 1: You move on. That's very charited. Pencils have a ratis all right?
Speaker 3: So that is Trios of Horror twenty Another fine installment. Not my favorite, but I did enjoy the second one the most. You enjoyed the first one of the most because you're a be Kitchok fan.
Speaker 1: Correct? Yes, what do we learn, Bomber? What you learn from the episode that one should not eat a cow that has already eaten another cow? Although I think we probably already have done that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Parker of Stone have fed bacon to picks, haven't they.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Yes, I learned, just don't trust any debt being a proven innocent in the end. What happened with all that?
Speaker 1: Well, he's been signed to play the lead in a new version of a Christmas Carol. Okay, it's coming up pretty soon, so another one. Keep it.
Speaker 3: Can't come up with an original Christmas story, I keep telling the same one. Yeah, it's like, if you're going to do Scrooge again, maybe do screw. You're always coming up with movie ideas, right, you need to come up with an ozsy Christmas comedy. There is none I already have.
Speaker 1: Oh have I? No, what's the what's gonna be a brief snopsters? Then? Hm, I haven't copyrighted this or anything.
Speaker 3: So well, now this is this is going to be officially, this is this becoming as a people No, God, David said this then, so it's officially yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're time stamping this. Yeah, today is the twenty twenty ninth, as we recall this twenty ninth of October twenty twenty five. I am. I've written a treatment for something called to All, a good heist set in like a little seaside town, like Sea Change kind of town in Australia. Yes, you've got like a twelve year old boy and his struggling single mum. Their dad was a footy legend who has recently passed away at local footy legend. Yeah, still working that out. No maybe the say local footy legend Yeah oh no, no sorry, he was like an AFL legend. And the little boy's prize possession is a Grand Final ball that's signed by his late and all his teammates who won the Grandfi who won the Grandfather, which is the super Bowl of Australian football. Yes, yes, One day he takes at to school for show and tales like this is the footy that my dad when we want the Grandfather and all that, and evil punk kid son of the town's richest man, steals it to sort of win his dad's approval. It's like, my dad loves footy. I'm gonna give this to my dad because the old because that dude runs the town. The cops can't do anything, even the young rookie constable who's the boyfriend of the single mum. So what can the mum do. She has to call on her near do well younger brother who's fresh out of the slammer because he's a cat burglar. We have to do a heist before Christmas. He has to break into the big sort of Hemsworth style of state and get it back and yeah, Shenanigans in's you have everyone learns a nice lesson about Christmas, about redemption, about giving and receiving.
Speaker 3: So where's the Christmas. It's just set at Christmas time. Just sat a Chrismas time. Okay, so it's not a Christmas movie. It's just set at Christmas time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you won from me?
Speaker 3: Maybe they and be like not being able to get it vost or hope and then he bows in the sky.
Speaker 1: Could it be? Could it be bad? But anyway, let us know what you think of that idea and if you know anyone at Netflix or stand who wants to bankroll it, have you pitches the people? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, so to all the good highs and it's it's worth it just in the name, absolutely to all the good heist?
Speaker 1: Yeah did you do? Start at titles and then work back from oh absolutely, fuck Flott and characters and does it look good? And Opposter? Who?
Speaker 3: So who are you envisioning to be there? Who would be your ideal person to be the consortable or the deputy or whatever the guy doing the heist?
Speaker 1: I was gonna I was thinking my man Charlie Clawson could be in there somewhere. It's got to be younger though, I think, Yeah, Charlie, like all of us, is getting on on your ears. I'm still looking incredibly handsome straight as Colin Farrell on that man, I did write in the notes that I was taken down as like a nice cameo over Aiman Harryman, who you know who he is? Yeah? He is in He played Charles Manson not once but twice twice. Is Manson in Once upon a Time in Hollywood? Yeah? And also in the TV series mind Hunter, What's upon a Time? Yeah? Good actor? All right? Do you have a child actor in mind? Probably he's doing the heighst though? Is it just a cousin? Was it is?
Speaker 3: The twelve year old tagging along you stay home and then he gets and he's like, I told you, yeah, you've got You've.
Speaker 1: Got this rag tag little sort of piss weeek Ocean's eleven team of like you know, the cat Burglar brother and the kid gets in there somehow, the best mate. Yeah, he's always in love with it. He's too scared to tell that, right, Yeah, and the cat Burglar brother, you know, he eventually forms a relationship with like some either surf shop owner or marine biologist. He brings a cat, brings a cat. Yeah, everyone's playing their part, even the trophy wife of the of the big bad guy, and even and then and the kid learns a little something too. He learns that he did the wrong thing. Okay. Co written by Guy Davis and Chat GIPT to all the good heist I have. I'm not ashamed to admit I've done that more than once I've had like, look, I've got this kind of idea. Help me flesh this out, GPT. Sure thing, guy, what a great idea, by the way, and all sort of throw a bunch of cliches stubbers like, yeah, that bit sucks. But maybe to all the good heighst coming to a theater near you, Probably not, but maybe to a streaming service. Maybe make me a radio play. Possibly anyway we make a podcast, FFD, you should sort of you know, branch.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah, to all good heights. I think a crime, true crime. It's a comedy, a true kin comedy that's fictional.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews, and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes I've going down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discount.
Speaker 1: From miss day forward. Your names will be all right. So let's get into the Guy devis Nion Championship, shall we please? We should be cutting all that out anyway. We've got it on the record now, so that's good, we do.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yes, So the current leaderboard stands at this in first position, we have Carl Muldoon on six points. Now, there was a mistake I need to apologize to one.
Speaker 1: Justin Williams.
Speaker 3: You've got three points one week and only gave him one point, so apologies.
Speaker 1: Justin Williams.
Speaker 3: You are now in second position, tied with Nathan Briggs and Phil Hawkins on three points. Wow, and in third position both on one point. We have Jack McFadden and Dave McNally.
Speaker 1: Take it away. Let's see what happened. Maybe Princell will get some points this time. Who knows? Maybe? Yes? All right, one point goes too and because of the Treehouse of Horror. It's not triple word score or something like that, but you do have to give us new names for each segment. Yeah, we do. Yeah, and guess what everyone get came through? Everyone just knows. Now everyone did well, but these people did better than those people. So one point goes to Hitchcockup, dead End drive Through and Secret of the Booze. That would be Clever Carver. Car climbs even further away. Now on seven points, he is now winning by four? What on, Kyle, Well, let's see what happens when someone gets two points for these following titles. Chris Cross will make You Kill Kill. That's a bit of a shout out to some nineties hip hop you're aware of the song jump Jump by the band Chris Cross. I'm assuming yes. If you're not, get on Spotify and check it out Absolute hip hop jam. Those kids will clothes backwards, that was their gimmick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hardly has a friend at daycare who only wears her shirts backwards. She will not weark it the right way around. I was like, okay, I was like, do you shirts back? Your dad's Like she had like a that like an open night last night He's like she wrote wear a shirtless is on backwards.
Speaker 1: I was like, cool, jump jump, real bang, twenty eight calories later, twenty sorry, twenty eight hundred calories later and no better booze. That is Adam Woolhouse with his first points of the season. What on Adam, Welcome to the wood House? Two points yes, and three points goes to murder She won't the Burgers are dead at yes. I'm guessing this person might be Australia. Uh and Homer Brew.
Speaker 3: Homer Brew, I'm going to say it. Three points goes to Philip J. Hawkins. If he gets three points, he gets the full Phillip Jay Hawkins. Unfortunately he's still only in second position though, that puts him on six points. So in first position clever Kyle on seven, in second Phil Hawkins on six.
Speaker 1: But we gave you the day for a minute there, so that's a preview of coming attractions, Philip, Jamie.
Speaker 3: Keep going, Yeah, you're only one point behind Kyle. Now and third position, we have a three way tie. It is Nathan Briggs. No, it's a two way tigers. Phil's moved up, so it's Nathan Briggs and Justin Williams, both on three points.
Speaker 1: Phil. That was by the way, you shout out for your doing the the Australian slogan for hungry jacks. I don't know if they have that elsewhere, but your beggars are the Bergs are better at hungry jacks slogan though, But you can't unprove it. No, I mean you can have your own opinion. You can have your own opinion bad. You can go and have a whopper and go. I think I prefer a quarter pounder. But yeah, you could easily that the burger is a better hungry Jack. What are you who you gonna ask?
Speaker 3: And it's to me, it's better than saying we're the world's greatest burger. It's likes are better. Well, yeah, that's you can get there, but the BG's a better here. Otherwise you end up like Will Ferrell and elphants like.
Speaker 1: I gave that the world's best cup of coffee. If you if you're walking through all the slogans, it's like, you know, what do you we having with it tonight? Mac is I'm loving it? Yeah, it's not bad, KFC, I don't care. I love it. Yeah, I think, Well they got rid of that now I know it's a shame, but now it's now it's Genesis. Yeah, but it's like looking good. That sounds pretty yummy. But the burgers are better, And you're like, well, you know what, I better find out if the burgers are Yeah, I mean you're telling me this, but better find out for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going for the burgers are better, Ellie. If I've never tried any of them, I'm gone for burgers are better first, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you hear that, you're curiously, Ah, they don't, couldn't. They must be They've got the balls to say that. They must be good. You got to back that ship up. Yes, all right.
Speaker 3: That is a review of Trios of Horror twenty The next episode any other Things season twenty one that we shall be revealing. It's called The Devil wes Nada, where apparently Marge posters for a calendard damn hod damn.
Speaker 1: I always thought that was just like a porno parody title, and I'd heard that it was. Yeah, there was a porno good nime. Yeah, the Devil's nat.
Speaker 3: If you start with that Toie and you work back like all good creative artists do, let's look up the Devil wes Nada? And see there's actually a porn film called that. There's got to be, right, there has to be.
Speaker 1: There would have to be The Devil Where's Nada? I'll just type porn? See what happens? Devil porn two thousand and nine. TEENA flicks The Devil Wears Nada. Let's click on it. See what happens? What was it?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Teen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like it's a feature length A look at this? Hang on, I click on this one as well, Porner, Holy.
Speaker 1: Who's in there? Hang on? Let me see some names. Here are some of the tags?
Speaker 3: Where are the tags? Holy Jesus bridget B? Is there like an IMDb for this? The Devil Wasn't as a TV emails.
Speaker 1: Have to click on you, jiz to find actual actual title. But if you go back to what we were first looking at, they've got tags, I do they? Okay? Where are the tags?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 1: Here we go? Okay, you've got lesbian threesome, Asian outdoor housewives. I won't say that big T's Big T's and also big ass and there are more tags, but we're clicked off, goes down. Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: The Devil was Becker has a new position at Lacy Lady Magazine, but she has a week to find a train and replacement, to find and train a replacement for the difficult editor in chief, Miss Julia Crimson, while keeping the models in line for the photoshit. So it's go to the Let me see the cast is actually a porn film, it says TV film. It's TVMA though stars Christine Frankie Cullen, Beverly Lynn. These guys don't look like this will be.
Speaker 1: Soft core porn because this is Oh, it may be very happy. This is written a director by my man, Jim Woenorski. He's made. He has been described as the Martin scorsesea B movies. There is Yeah, my friend Sammie Steve is like Facebook friends with him. There is a terrific documentary about him called Popatopoulos where he tries to make a soft cool porn slash horror movie in like three days. And he's just kind of a bearish individual. But oh wow, they tried to be a package.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're taken to a nearby facility. Dad, Oh no, even it happens talking about fucking Simpsons?
Speaker 1: Is he talking about all? Will let you know when and where?
Speaker 3: To collect it. Hopefully there's a view of the tracking. Hopefully there's a a note to that I can go pick it up a wedding collection. What so that there's taken back. It's Alix Christmas present. We've got in one of those machines that shoots out pickerballs so you can.
Speaker 1: Played by Oh wow, yeah nice. Yeah. Anyway, that is the end of our review The Devil Wears Nata.
Speaker 3: Coming up in the next episode, well that next episode, but the next season twenty one coming episodes of this podcast where we have got Reyo Learvy where we review the Cartridge Family.
Speaker 1: That was a good interview. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We just had Daniel Canell on the show where we talked about having the Smithers and so many more exciting guests. I just confirmed yesterday Al Jean's coming on the podcast. Wow, Yes, Josh Weinstein's coming on the podcast. Litt Oakley's r and turned to the podcast. We've got some really cool guests, local comedian guests as well. Yeah, exciting times. You're at four finger discounts. Make sure you subscribe if you haven't already, and if you want to get early in nea free access to all those episodes, you can just port us on Patreon.
Speaker 1: I recommend that you do. I recommend you do as well.
Speaker 3: Hope you all have a fantastic Halloween woo speaky season tricks and treats. But for now, mister Davis, I believe you might have some final words for all those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 1: Indeed, don't take the quality of this podcast personally. I barely spend any time on this material.