Speaker 1: It's not Friday. It is hump Day.
Speaker 2: Why am I still having trouble with what day it is? I was on QMF last night and I cap on wanting to say Monday, then Thursday.
Speaker 1: Well, the holidays screw that up, so I guess Christmas and New Year's EVI will be on Wednesday and Thursday instead of Tuesday Wednesday, which doesn't help us.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of screwing up, I'm gonna eat a little crow real quick.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, get your baby.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big old crow too.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you were wrong.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. Here's the deal. When I get things wrong, I'm mad enough to say, oh my bad. If you remember I posted something about a judge wound up being the wrong judge. I hate crow. So when I'm wrong, oh man, I was wrong. You go girl, God, this is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Go baby eat.
Speaker 2: Oh it's horrible. So remember when I went on the RiverLink rant, Yes, I called uh and I got it. I got in touch with somebody and it was my fault.
Speaker 3: Trying to have his shocked face.
Speaker 2: So you know what it was is is I got a vanity plate because I'm vain right. Yes, I didn't reattach it to my River Lake account. So all that yelling at him, it was I know, but it was my Yeah. So yeah, okay, I feel like yeah, yeah, like well I am an a k.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's again it's I can't.
Speaker 2: Remember who it was that helped me, but she was. She was great, she was pleasant, but it was my fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had the same situation. She she was great. So we got ours. We had three different cars, so we got them all on one and it's going to solve a lot of problems.
Speaker 3: My credit card expired, so that was easy to sure's your problem too. Yeah, it was my credit card exparted. Didn't realize that's what I just update the update the card and no big deal.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, I'm gonna get somebody on.
Speaker 1: And explain why you're dufist.
Speaker 2: Maybe if they'll come on, they might not come on. I mean I was pretty hard on yes, But anyway, it was my It was my faulty entire time. And when she told me, man, my heart's saying, I'm what, You're a passionate person.
Speaker 1: And that's what we love about you, baby, is you're a passionate, passionate, passionate man. That takes things to heart. So, hey, you know who, I'm glad though you're you're you're a big enough man to say it was my fault out theirs. I'm glad that you're a big enough man to do that. We congratulations. Hey, I know when I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of.
Speaker 3: Speaking of us, Senators Rand Paul and do a nice segue.
Speaker 2: You like that it was smooth and silk.
Speaker 1: What Dave tell us if that blinky light goes.
Speaker 3: As soon as I've got the senator, I will let you know.
Speaker 2: Plus from an honor flight bluegrass. Our dear friend Jeff Tolk.
Speaker 1: He's gonna bringing I always bring ding dogs.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, really, I can't.
Speaker 2: What pisses my wife off because I take them home and ultimately around nine forty five, I eat the whole box.
Speaker 1: I hide them. She's my I take him home and hide them because my wife or in one of the kids is home. They'll go did you hide ding dongs? And I was like yep, I like, are gonna eat them?
Speaker 2: I like ding dongs as soon as they come out of box. I also like frozen ding dongs.
Speaker 1: Oh I've never never put them in the so good.
Speaker 2: And I also like a nice warm ding dong, all right for like, so second.
Speaker 3: Have they done deep fried ding dongs at the fair?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, just oreos. So all right, So we're gonna talk about the biggest story from yesterday, which is Facebook.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Is the the admissions that Zuckerbird uh said yesterday in a video statement. And by the way, he looks like Justin Timberlake from He's got the curly hair and a gold chain and a black long sleeved T shirt. And everybody was like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Jane is dropping down?
Speaker 1: We had the weird Caesar's look for a long time and then you were just like, Justin Timberlake now owns Facebook. So but what he said and what is coming for Facebook is a dramatic shift.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Now X took it. A lot of people got off, some people got back in on it, but X was more sports and politics and hard nos Facebook not sure if that is because what he basically said was there's gonna be no more fact checkers. We fact checked too many of one side and we can't do that. So we're just gonna take it all away and it's gonna be a free for all. He didn't say free for all. I'm pair phrasing what he said, but to me, I'll say free for all. It's gonna be a free for all on Facebook, which means more politics.
Speaker 2: Well, but I saw I did it in my show prep, so I won't bring that up in my show prep. But on that story, I did see where he's going to show an option, and we did this story when we were six pm to eight pm. At one time, he promised there's going to be an option where you can opt out on all politics. Never came about, never came about. He says that's going to happen on this change too. I believe it when I see it, because all of these social media social media is just like radio or television. They want you to hang on cliffhangers coming up next. We got this. They they the longer you're on there, the better for them because of the advertisers. So political hate also drives social media. I don't think that he gives us this option. I really don't, but he said it again, he's gonna do it. I would love to not see any politics on my page.
Speaker 1: Well, no fact checkers mean people are gonna get sued because you're good. It's gonna stay up instead of someone taking it down. It's going to like good luck, go ahead and post it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you'll But if you look how the fact checkers did during COVID, they were blocking truth, I'm a maccrin. Oh it's gonna kill you if you take of it. And now that.
Speaker 3: Arguing, right, I wonder what a senator thinks about all that.
Speaker 4: Paul, Good morning guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I thought the amazing. I thought the video with Zuckerberg was amazing. Yesterday again, I made a joke that he looks like Justin Timberlinke from nineteen ninety two, but he's changed his look. But I thought the admissions of what he said and the new no bumpers on Facebook, no fact checkers on Facebook is a or Instagram is a huge shift. And uh, I don't know why this is. It's coinciding with Donald Trump being uh uh you know, yeah, just a coincidence that he's going into the White House and he's changing his tune. You're thoughts on Facebook's shift.
Speaker 5: We'll give you an idea of how ridiculous the fact checkers are. And this was Washington Post one time, but one time this is.
Speaker 4: Several years ago. Now, I gave a speech.
Speaker 5: And I quoted Eisenhower in a friendly way, in a complimentary way, and the fact checker of the Washington Post wrote, oh, Ran Paul's a libertarian. They like Robert Tash and they hate Eisenhower. So this is a false. This is a lie.
Speaker 4: And it's like, how can an opinion be a lie?
Speaker 5: How can I have admiration for a former president, express it and now sell him ill a fact checker is telling you, I'm lying to you.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of ridiculous nature of things. And the idea that.
Speaker 5: Things are so concrete that there's not two sides to an issue is also simplistic. So for example, there's evidence, I think a great deal of evidence that COVID leaked from a lab and was a lab origin for the virus and then the pandemic killed twenty million people. Can I tell you that with one hundred percent sorta even no, I'm sort of ninety five percent certain, and I stand to be corrected if they find an animal that's been around carrying this disease or people that had it, and we're animal handlers getting this disease.
Speaker 4: But the thing is is that that's sort of an argument. It doesn't mean that to the other side.
Speaker 5: I would never say that the people who say it came from animals shouldn't be heard, or that mine is the truth.
Speaker 4: And there's his falsehood. You state the case for what you believe to be true.
Speaker 5: You state the facts, just like you guys do on the radio every day, and that people listen to it and decide what is true and what isn't true.
Speaker 4: And if two things are true, they.
Speaker 5: Decide which one of them makes more sense than the other. That's that's what it's about, figuring out what is the truth in life. But a fact checker can't do that for you.
Speaker 2: Center Ran Paul is our guest, and I want to say, first of all, Center, congratulations on being the Senate chair for Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Congratulations on that is I guess that's something you pursued. And if so, why did you pursue homeland security. It seems like that's going to be a gigantic headache, but good for you.
Speaker 5: The other name for Homeland Security is this Government Oversight Committee. Yeah, and so it has its counterpart in the House, and this is the committee that Jamie Comber overseas and that did the COVID investigation. So I think it lends a place to go after records. I've already talked to a lot of the incoming Trump people. They say they're going to be open books, transparency. They're going to shed sun on the origins of COVID, why it didn't go through the proper safety channels, why it didn't go to the Safety committee, why it was approved in secret, and frankly, why they haven't given us any of this information over the last three years. We are going to, I believe, find a treasure trove of probably damning trail of deceit and deception.
Speaker 4: Of people at the NIH.
Speaker 5: And so I'm looking forward to finding that, looking forward to overseeing that. With regard to fact checkers, and with regard to censorship, we are going to look in to and we are going to present legislation that says that the government should not be allowed to meet with Facebook, should not be allowed to meet with Twitter to try to course or restrict or prohibit constitutionally protected speech.
Speaker 4: And it's important I.
Speaker 5: Think we go from the angle of what the government shouldn't do because the First Amendment literally doesn't apply to private companies.
Speaker 4: So the first Amendment can't call.
Speaker 5: You or the radio station that hosts your program and say we don't like what they're saying.
Speaker 4: The government can't do that.
Speaker 5: We can't tell you guys what to say, but we can tell the government they can't meet with you after this interview.
Speaker 4: And say, well, Ren Paul said this, and that's disinformation. We want you to delete that from the interview.
Speaker 5: We can forbid government from having those kinds of meetings, and we should the FBI meeting with media to tell them that anything with a Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation that was coursing and it was a lie basically.
Speaker 4: That they were pushing.
Speaker 5: But they used the full force of government to try to suppress something that was embarrassing to Biden and to his family and could affect the election and probably did in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: That should never happen again.
Speaker 3: Senator Donald Trump got elected largely on domestic issues, crime, the border, and the economy. And now we're hearing about I'm gonna get Greenland, I'm going to get the Panama Canal and the Gulf of America. Is this just Trump being Trump or is he serious?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, with the global warming, Greenland's going to go back to being green again.
Speaker 4: So I think, you know, what a great vacation spot. You know, instead of going to see the icebergs, we're going to be going up there and.
Speaker 5: Like Leif Ericson, you know, frolicking around in the beautiful greenland.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know what to make of it. It's whether serious or not serious.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes he's half serious and sometimes he's half joking, and sometimes he's yanking the chain of media who you know, Oh well, he hasn't ruled out military force. I think when he says things like that, he's yanking their pain and yanking everybody's shane. But on a serious note, if they say they don't want to sell but they haven't heard a price, I mean there's only fifty thousand people there. Think if you gave each of them fifty thousand bucks a piece, it's it's two and a half billion dollars.
Speaker 4: So do you think there's maybe twenty five.
Speaker 5: Or thirty thousand out of the fifty thousand that would take fifty fifty grand or one hundred grand to sell it? It would have to be done by you know, plebacytes, some kind of vote would have to happen all to their constitution. It's not something that I'm laying away good night thinking is really.
Speaker 3: No, but I will say this centered.
Speaker 1: So I'm in a room, yeah, you know, with all due respect, you know it worked in the first four years, but you know, I'm in a room full of Republicans and all to a man, everyone's like, what the hell is he talking about? We're green, like, is there an appetite for this type of hour long press conference talking about We're not going to call French fries, French fries, freedom fries, whatever the hell he's talking about.
Speaker 4: But there is some of that. It's crazy. But the thing is is they're The.
Speaker 5: Craziness of Donald Trump occupies every minute of everybody's every day.
Speaker 4: The heads of the media explode. They don't know what's serious, what's not serious. And you're right, it could be a distraction. But at the same time, he has.
Speaker 5: The ability to do things that no other person in public life has had the ability to do, and that is to always draw attention to whatever he's saying. And some of it is outlanders, but the thing is, all of a sudden, that's all you know, look.
Speaker 4: At you and I. We're talking about Greenland instead of government waste, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, or you know Ukraine or Israel or the afflate inflation or immigration. We're talking about Greenland and the Gulf of America.
Speaker 3: Center, Paul, I get.
Speaker 2: It, Center Paul, just I know you short on time, but I want to bring up one thing that's your Festivus list. As a taxpayer, I have no idea why forty percent of my check is gone with state taxes, federal taxes and JCPS want to read some of this. Here's some of the things that you released in your annual Festivus report. Dollars we're spending on maintaining and leasing and furnishing entire empty buildings. A man, a pandemic plunderer during COD still eight million dollars and now has his own island. How do we when will we get a handle on all this waste? And why should I be paying taxes?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing is, this isn't new.
Speaker 5: I started pointing this out a decade again, right, but three decades before me, William Proxmyer was pointing this out with a golden flee seward back in the seventies. Many of the outlandish things like whether lonely rats will like cocaine more than rats who are not lonely, whether not taking a selfie of yourself while smiling, if you look at that selfie later, if that'll make you happy. This kind of stuff, the vast majority of it comes from one agency. It's called the National Science Foundation. But what disappoints me is, I've been putting this out for ten years. It's universally ridiculed and derided, and yet last year they doubled the amount of money that this agency gets. There was a chips bill to subsidize multi billion dollar companies, many of them foreign, to make chips, and I was against that, But they also threw in there a doubling of the National Science Foundation. So National Science Science Foundation, I think was five billion, they went to ten billion.
Speaker 4: Now is this enough to balance a budget? It's not. That's what the other side will say, And this is what.
Speaker 5: Joe Scarborough says, like, this is all it's all small, it's all peanuts, But you got to start somewhere. And if you're willing to cut the most egregious stuff, it means you're never getting to the entitlements. But this is the tip of the Iceberg, and it's the most egregious and we should do it. But I can tell you the frustration is when that Chips Bill passed, every Democrat voted for it to double the amount of money for the National Science Foundation has all this waste, but half the Republicans.
Speaker 4: So it was a seventy five to twenty five vote.
Speaker 5: Twenty five conservative Republicans held the line against this, twenty five big government Republicans voted for it, and all the Democrats did.
Speaker 4: And so that's what we're up against. And so while I'm all supportive of doze doges pointing.
Speaker 5: Out what I've been pointing out for ten years, the trick is not pointing out the waist. The trick is how do we convince enough people or get the public angry enough that they say, throw the bums out, must they'll vote to cut the wasst.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump wants to hit the ground running on day one with his agenda. Yesterday he said he wants to have everything, whatever, everything is in one bill or two. He didn't care what sorts of things is he talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, we have the opportunity to pass by simple majority without.
Speaker 5: The filibuster one or two bills this year. It's done under a budget process called reconciliation.
Speaker 4: I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: This is how we cut the taxes in twenty seventeen that led to the very low unemployment in the Trump administration and the really booming economy until we closed it down or somebody closed it down with COVID.
Speaker 4: But we have the opportunity to do this.
Speaker 5: And whether it's one bill or two bills on a little bit like President Trumps agnostic on it. What I don't want to have happen, and THO is they stick stuff in there that is obnoxious to conservatives. So if they stick in there a two trillion or three trillion dollar increase in the national debt, they will lose me. And I've told them that. I'm telling you at the very beginning. Look, I want to make the tax cuts permanent. I want to do things on border security, but I'm not going to vote to add three trillion to the debt because I didn't vote to the spending.
Speaker 4: The people who voted for the spending, this is their day of shame. And we have it every year, or too actually have it sometimes twice a year.
Speaker 5: It's a day of shame with the Democrats and the big government Republicans have to stand up on the Senate floor and be recognized for the terribly fiscally irresponsible people that they.
Speaker 4: Are, and they have to vote to raise the death sentence.
Speaker 5: So it's always happened, and it ends up being both both both the.
Speaker 4: Democrats and big government Republicans.
Speaker 5: But you know, if they put this in there, there were thirty eight members of the Freedom Caucus and there's probably five or six of us on the Senate side, they won't vote for it.
Speaker 4: They'll torpedo the whole effort. So I hope that happened around Christmas time is chastening.
Speaker 5: And the powers that be when they put this thing forward, say, well, gosh, we don't want to lose all the conservatives who feel pretty strongly about the debt by sticking the debt ceiling in there.
Speaker 2: He is Senator Ran Paul, working hard for Kentucky and working hard for our nation. Hey, Senator ran Paul, thank you so much for the time, and I'll see you down the road, man, see you Ran.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, thanks you go Southern Comfort hot tub today.
Speaker 3: First, Oh, let's.
Speaker 1: You want to push the joke of the let's let's push it we went late with brand.
Speaker 2: So okay, Senator Paul as well as you do.
Speaker 1: Rando is what I call him.
Speaker 2: I call him the Ranster. Hey listen, every time the Ramster comes over, you might know him as Senator Ran Paul. We like to get in our Southern Comfort hot tub and talk politics. I'll say, hey, Senator ran Paul, what do you think about the Middle East? And he's so relaxed. He'll tell me You're gonna love your Southern Comfort hot tub. It's a perfect way to reconnect with your family. It's also the perfect way to connect with Senator ran Paul when he comes over. I think you can't afford a hot tub, Well you can hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month and with Southern covered hot tubs twelve months same as cash. They make a hot tub affordable for any family. Go ahead and upgrade your family life. Dood today with Southern covered hot Tubs seventy five oh one Preston Highway stick around news at the bottom of the hour, News Radio eight forty whas it's either Van Halen or two live crew. Let's see who it is, ding ding ding on a Okay, it's Van Halen of course two live crew sample this. I can't say the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: Hey, bring your pets inside, Bring him in. Baby, is gonna be brutally cold.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what it's cold. If you let a pet out and he goes nope and comes right back in. I know, you know it's I mean, tell you would let your cat out and your dog out and they go. They go about five seconds, five steps out and go yeah, nope, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: I am. I am not pooping in this. I'm not bye bye, I'm bowing back in.
Speaker 2: I want to give some respect to a little hustler in the neighborhood. I met yesterday as he's fourteen years old. His name's Brady. He was out walking the streets with the snowshovel. Just see see the kid walking down the street. I rolled and pulled over. I got out of my jeep, say, hey, man, come here a second. He walked over. I said, are you are you walking down hustling driveways? You know, removing the snow go yeah, so I want to hire you. Came over. He's been out there for two days. I haven't seen a teenagers doing this, and I don't know how long. Yeah, so there you go, Brady, way to go.
Speaker 1: Let me go hustling such as South End eighties and you out here hustling. Driveway's there? Well, I mean you come on some mine.
Speaker 3: I'll give you thirty five dollars.
Speaker 2: That's a positive thing, Charlie hustle.
Speaker 1: What did Jimmy give you down the street? Thirty I'll do it twenty five.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is to NIVEDITTI perhaps after I finished your driveway, I could finish your sister.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Ben Totydy.
Speaker 2: Well, you were talking about and that's a big deal. Mark Zuckerberg stopping the truth blockers on Facebook. That wasn't the only thing that I noticed yesterday. Did you notice?
Speaker 3: Is it already started?
Speaker 1: So did he do it already? You said, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but that seems like you just said I noticed something yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well I noticed something else that he said, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, yeah, you already said it was implemented.
Speaker 2: No, he said yesterday that he's blocking the independent fact checkers. Another thing that I noticed is he's added an unlikely name to the board of directors for Metta. Did you see this? No, welcome to the board of directors? For Meta also aka Facebook UFC CEO. Dana White is joining the board of directors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this all coincides with Trump going into office. He scared Trump's going to go after him, that's just it.
Speaker 2: Or or if you remember the Elon and Zuckerberg Mma, yeah, maybe he just wants an inside track to Dana White for training. He's going to challenge.
Speaker 1: Elony he's so stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, challenge Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty funny though, a couple of billionaires, captains of industry going, oh, miss you up man.
Speaker 1: Not one lawyer, not one lawyer for either one of them, will allow that to happen.
Speaker 2: Of course, not, of course not.
Speaker 1: I say no, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Guys. Once you meet Lynda Rosa, Hi, Linda Rosa. She's in Brooklyn, New York. She's seventy one years old. New Year's Day. She was accosted by fourteens that were about to rob her, but one year old started to fight back. That's when one of the teenagers says, oh, you want to fight? Oh no, actually, Rosa said, oh you want to fight? Grab. One of the two teenagers attacking her slammed her face first into the floor. That started a scuffle of four on one against the seventy one year old. She said her face was punched. She was stopped, but eventually the girl's attacking her because she was fighting back, took off and left Rosa thereby herself. Unfortunately, no one there watching helped her.
Speaker 3: Did anybody film it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be film, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I mean every ATM and subway cam, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But in New York, this is a lady. You know, in nineteen seventy four, she spent a week in a van, a little conversion van and a mini skirt going to a geth throal Toll concert in upstate New York. And you think that you're tougher than her, Like not happening, No, not happening on any in any frame of mind. That's not happening. She's tougher than you every day.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite videos out there is He's like a seven at the time, he was a seventy plus year old man, Vietnam veteran. He's got his Vietnam veteran had he gets on a bus?
Speaker 1: Seen that video?
Speaker 2: If some loud mouse starts poking, and boy he whips the ever loved.
Speaker 1: Not just a Vietnam vet. He obviously trained because he was doing combinations. I was doing combinations and the kid had no idea what how to respond?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, but but he boy, he gave him.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the Charles Bronson. Oh yeah, you know Bronton. Yeah, what's the what was the sith wish?
Speaker 3: Death Wish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, death Wish one, two, three four. At some point during the Death Wish movie, he was on a bus.
Speaker 2: People love old man, having too much of it and snapping, even falling down. That's, by the way, falling down that characters me at every.
Speaker 1: And in the eighties. It always started with a too loud of a boom box.
Speaker 2: Hey you kids, we ain't can turn.
Speaker 3: That boom box off? What do you say, old man? That reminds me of the scene in Star Trek four where they get on the bus or the subway.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, and he and Spock gives him the little Spock fingers.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The old puts them to sleep, puts them to sleep on the with the little touch on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: I forget what that fulcan death grip?
Speaker 2: I don't know, remember me of Star Trek Season seven, episode four, when they get the combination wrong.
Speaker 1: That was the voyage home, by the way, that was the That's one of the best. Yes, Leonard mooy Doret.
Speaker 2: Could you all quick because all the chicks are starting to hang around, all the women are starting to come to the studio. You're attracting too many women.
Speaker 3: With your Star Trek talk and me play some rush inside joke for dudes from the seventies.
Speaker 1: Normally I would never spend a second talking about California wildfires. O. Man, what have you watched this video? The videos as they're coming out of Malibu, so it's moving so fast into these neighborhoods. It's like, uh, you know, in Jaytown or Saint Matthew's or whoever where. It's densely packed neighborhoods and everything is getting on fire. They the police, it's like a movie. The police are telling them get out of your car and run for your life because the fire is on both sides of the roads, on on almost every neighborhood. And there is video of a bulldozer. Did you see that one? No, well the bull They said, get that bulldozer. It's like on a construction site of bulldozer started and went down the center of the street and just started picking up an Audi, a Mercedes, a land Rover. They were just picking them up and then moving them off the street. Was crazy.
Speaker 2: My buddy Bob Monny, uh, his son lives out there and he sent me I want to see this picture. That's from him, and you can't see it on the radio, but it's it's million dollar homes just burning.
Speaker 3: Oh million dollars.
Speaker 1: Cute.
Speaker 3: The garage is a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Uh, so they are it is crazy. And then they show you the wind, so they go, this is what's driving in And you've ever seen those, like a row of flags, American flags, and they're just how is the flag staying? It's just straight out in you, Like, how is it staying on the pole. So that's obviously California. Jeez, it's your tune, it's your turn Malibou right like it's it's at some point. A part of California has wildfires every single year.
Speaker 3: Get out of your car and head towards the water. Remember last time the people that tried to drive out of town got stuck in their cars and burned.
Speaker 2: In Hawaii, my.
Speaker 3: God, the people that drove down.
Speaker 1: To the water, the people that drove to the water or ran to the water and got in the water because it was spreading that fast. And of course, the saddest story of all of the Hawaiian wildfires, don't bring a dog.
Speaker 3: The two guys are running out of the fire.
Speaker 1: The guy went back. Two guys are running out of the fire, and the flames are right behind him. One guy says, I gotta go back for my dog, and the other guy goes, you're gonna die. The other guy goes, you're gonna die. That's me. I go, you're gonna die, and you go, I don't care. He ran back into the flames to get his dog. The other guy ran to tell the be able to tell the story later, and they found him. The guy was laying over the top of the dog.
Speaker 2: Good for him, But why didn't you take him to begin with? Like I wouldn't have ran without Lammy to begin with.
Speaker 1: Maybe he couldn't find him. The flames were coming fast, and then he said, okay, we gotta leave. And then there is a thought in the back of his head that said go back.
Speaker 2: I would just be a pile of ashes. I wouldn't leave them unless I had Lemmy. Susan, she's she could think for herself. She'll get along, right, I mean she could do the wet towel thing, like you know what I'm saying, Like, but get away, Dave.
Speaker 1: He beat me to the next question, right, So how many people would you leave behind? Don't be fine?
Speaker 2: She could do the thing where she gets the bath towel wet and then puts it over her head like you can't't do anything, yeah, like a nun, you know, and then like it keeps her safe from the fire. Lemmy can't do that. He's furry. He'll get singed.
Speaker 3: But if you know you're not gonna come out, and you have a wife and you have family that count on you, grudgingly, you're gonna have to not go back for the pets. Correct, it's the correct answer. It would be awfully hard to do, but for my wife and my family, it's like, I can't leave them to save our beloved puppies. I mean I would want to, an instinct would tell me to, but you would just have to really try hard not.
Speaker 1: I think some people would be like this dog slowing me down.
Speaker 2: I think Susan would I think Susan would suggest me going back here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know you really need to go back in.
Speaker 2: But it would be for Susan would grab all her UK basketballs.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait for free go here s this, yeah and go get let me.
Speaker 1: Oh, David's already sad.
Speaker 2: You know that's our running that's our running joke. Every time one of us gets an ache or a pain or a luff on us and we're telling about I say, oh, that reminds me. I've got some paperwork for you.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying I don't want to be a jerk. Wait since when you know I don't want to be a jerk?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: What if there was a local Deadpool?
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh yeah, there's no question. I'm oh, no, I listened.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're a gambling man, I think.
Speaker 2: About it every night. Sometimes I text you yah and say and I'll remind you, Yes, this was not intentional.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you'll say this is not intentional. If I die tonight, it was an accident.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not talking about the movie. You're talking about like betting on people.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bet if you were going to make a local celebrities Deadpool list Dwight's number one on everyone's list.
Speaker 2: The payoff on me would be so astronomically woe, I know exactly. You would probably wind up owing the casino money.
Speaker 1: If you bet a dollar you won ten cents.
Speaker 2: Or DraftKings whatever they say, you actually owe us money on that bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and let's not name anyone else on the list. They're not going to do that, even though there are some people that are or are we No, we're not. It's in our head right now. M yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh guys, girl Scout cookie season is here. Oh yeah, and there are two flavors that are going away.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, okay, go ahead. Oh I don't mind. Are safe?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, he's doing they he's doing the cooking show context son of a tag alongs.
Speaker 3: Yes, safe, he's doing the game show crap some'mores?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bye ohores are gone.
Speaker 2: That's one of the good ones.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's huge thin mints.
Speaker 3: Those are no. One's getting ready.
Speaker 2: They they'll stay.
Speaker 3: You are safe. There you this suspense that you won't feel like we crew save for children.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, my heart's in my throat right now.
Speaker 2: I'm in suspense.
Speaker 3: Man Jose does the peanut butter sandwiches.
Speaker 2: That can go.
Speaker 3: Love them you They're safe, but they can go. Are fine?
Speaker 2: Okay, I knew that one.
Speaker 3: Lemonades and lemon ups.
Speaker 1: Lemonade ear oh those are recently those cookies recent.
Speaker 2: I love my lemonade cookies.
Speaker 3: You are tart and you are safe. I like a good Tarte's treefoils. What are the trefoils?
Speaker 1: Trefoils are the little basic uh tipping in milk or coffee, illuminum foil shaped that's like a British cookie. It's like a British cookie.
Speaker 3: Free foils. Yeah, yeah, I'll say, oh what really? Wow, who's left caramel chocolate chip?
Speaker 2: I didn't know they had that?
Speaker 1: That better be so are okay? They're not very good? U s oh okay, maybe they get rid of them.
Speaker 3: Toast yay.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: Stupid toast ya.
Speaker 1: I bet you they're gone because it sounds like too much like Kanye bye bye. Yeah, there you go, there you go, and toffee tastic.
Speaker 2: Survive coffee tastic.
Speaker 1: Okay. Adventure fools also are okay, taglongs and nothing adventure fools.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that is. Metric church. Does it have the price of the boxes? Now it does not, okay, but price goes up and the boxes get small. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: And you know, take this off ramp real quick and hang on. I'm pretty sure every girl's got cookie in America has made here?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? He used to be made of Mother's cookies are made here in Louisville.
Speaker 2: It used to be yeah, right in mother's cookies because our first home was a twenty second and Nelson, and it was right. Listen, listen, seagrums where they do. All the whiskey was on one side of our neighborhood and Mother's cookies was on the other. You had no chance it smelled like a whiskey cookie. You had the entire neighborhood. You're like, yet, yes, of course not.
Speaker 3: No band name Whiskey Cookies, Whiskey Cookies.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whiskey cookies.
Speaker 2: That's a song.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the bass player.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a song. Yeah, whiskey cookies.
Speaker 3: Cookie whispers. No, Whiskey's cookies.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do a cooking show and call it whiskey business, you know, like a whisk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not bad that Tom tom uh, he would sue you in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or Rebecca de Mornay, Yeah, she's still around.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Unlimited Landscapes, folks, let's put a pool in the backyard. I know it doesn't look like the you would want to do that right now, but look out there and go, let's let's do something, and let's do something for the house and for us. You know, kids maybe starting to go, or your kids are long gone and they got grandkids. If you have grandkids and you want to do something for them, and say, how do I get them to bring the grand kids over more? Oh, let's put a pool in the backyard. Unlimited Landscape's been doing it for thirty years, the pool install for twenty. They have architects and they can look at your backyard and you say, there's no way I get a pool in here.
Speaker 3: Yes there is.
Speaker 1: They can put dirt in, they can take dirt out, doesn't matter. They'll get it done. Unlimited Landscapes. Want to swim up a bar pool thing?
Speaker 2: Boom done.
Speaker 1: You want a combandahere, everybody can change or hang out at a bar boom done. You will do it and you'll get it done with Unlimited Landscapes. So go to Unlimited Landscapes dot com and check out what they're doing and then call them back after the first.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about ye thesimplebodyshop dot com. They you noticed how many cars have like sideswipe damage on them the doors. Maybe somebody backed into you and you're thinking, I cannot forward to have that fixed, or I'm gonna drop it off at a body shop and it's gonna take what two three weeks? They'll tell me one thing and do another. That's not how it works. Here at dsimplebodyshop dot com, just off the Gene Snyder Freeway in Jaytown, they will do your job same day. They can do most jobs in under two hours. Go to the website click choose a service. You're thinking, Okay, my door, somebody's side swiming because they're on their phone. Quarter panel repaired, painted back to new for three hundred and fifty dollars. You're thinking it's thirteen hundred and fifty. You're rear bumper. Somebody backed India Repair and Painting perfectly blended two hundred and fifty dollars. Yeah, your wallet is safe, yes, and again. Just go to the website thesimplebodyshop dot com, upload pictures of the damage. They'll send you back a price, but you'll already know it because all of the prices are right there. Then click on make an appointment. Go okay next Thursday noon to to got that, and your car is back. You love your car. You didn't think you can fix it until now thanks to these simplebodyshop dot com simple, fast, and affordable change in the way they do this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: From Lance McGarvey, Why is the Ohio Emergency Alert system running over your show? That's BS? What the short answer, Lances, because we like to party.
Speaker 3: It's right, you better sound to alarm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're coming yeah.
Speaker 3: Back after this. A news radio eight forty WHA is