Speaker 1: Hello, It's the Minnesota Goodbye Jenny and Bailey here. Dave had to whisk away to some important meeting and so we weren't invited to it, and we are doing the Minnesota Goodbye in his absence, so we'll kick it off with this email. It says hello again. Recently, my friend was at the Mall of America for the BTR Day, which Bailey, myself, and Vannell hosted, Yeah, and ended up winning sweet tickets. It got me thinking about all the times I've tried to win tickets for your show, and it unlocked a very deep, detailed memory, a memory that involves Steve O teaches your kids the meaning of the word no. I was about eleven or twelve and heard something about you guys giving away Taylor Swift tickets. Since I didn't have a cell phone at the time, my mom let me borrow her phone so I would be ready to call in at the right time. I remember sitting in my room with my radio down, waiting to be on and get my chance to win. But little did I know, my mom was listening from her radio in the other room and heard the beginning of the bit. She rushed into my room snatched her phone back and hung up before I could even get on. I was upset at first and didn't know why. But when I turned my radio back up and heard Steve O doing the bit, I immediately got why. My mom ended up going online and buying tickets to the Taylor Swift Show. If not for her quick thinking, I would have never gone to the show and have made an enemy out of Steve. Anyway, just wanted to reminisce, even if the memory wasn't one hundred percent sweet love you guys, that comes from Marie. So funny that your mom saved you from that bit, because Steve definitely got in trouble for it, and there were apologies that we had to be made because basically the bit was Steve O teaches your kids the meaning him No. We would pretend like we had tickets to something. Kids would call in and then Steve would be like, oh, you're so excited, Oh are you are you ready? You want to go to go see Justin Bieber? Well, guess what, No, No, you're not going to Justin Bieber work. Why don't you get a job, And then he'd like go off on the kid out. So personally, I thought it was a great bit, but they had to stop that. I don't. I think it only happened a couple times until he had to be like, not doing it.
Speaker 2: Anymore, dude, you got to chill on that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Next email says, hey, y'all, when you guys play Mind the Gap, why not ask Dave questions from the Silent generation. A quick at Google told me that they don't have that generation in the deck, but maybe use chat GPT this week and see if it dumps Dave. So it's an equal playing field for vaant justice for VANT. I don't know what the silent generation the generation before Dave.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, our Mind the Gap does have the silent generation.
Speaker 1: Oh it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Like the boomer boomer generation. It might be called boomer in there.
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah, well it says anyway, happy spring and looking forward to summer. Signed a tired teacher with eleven days left.
Speaker 2: Kate, Woo, you've got it.
Speaker 1: You're almost done, Kaylee.
Speaker 2: Just you can see it.
Speaker 1: It's all the horizon. It's on the horizon. Okay, let's see. These are all kind of promotional emails, So we're going to delete all those, Okay, so this next one says, good morning from radio friends. Dave. You asked how we all listen. Well, I'm here to give you a long, boring answer. I listened from inside a mail truck through my Bluetooth speaker on my iHeartRadio app Full show every day, plus two others. Then before bed, I listened to the Minnesota Goodbye every night. You could say I'm invested. I haven't missed a show since I started listening a year and a half ago. I'd love to challenge Dave at lyric shuffle. I've also got a few years on me and a vast catalog of knowledge. Secondly, you are all late to the Walter Goggins train. I know him from the FX show Justified. He played Boyd Crowder. I'm probably saying bowed Crowder. Sorry, I'm probably saying it wrong. A backwoods hillbilly, always up to no good. I do not have a crush on him. But there's something for everyone in life's Shmorgish board. Have you tried the lasagna?
Speaker 2: All? All right?
Speaker 1: That comes from Crystal. Thanks for letting us know how you listen. Appreciate it in your mail truck.
Speaker 2: I almost wanted to be a mailman one time. Yeah, I'm during the lockdown when I lost my job. I thought, okay, well I need a job. And I got really into walking, and so I was like, okay, well if I like walking, who gets to walk all day mail people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I literally have the website open. I was like looking into.
Speaker 1: It, so thinking about applying, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, gosh, I love walking, but walking outside in the winter maybe not. Maybe? Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 1: Winter part would get pretty hard. And then also the current temperatures of ninety also very much hard, and you're delivering mail. I had plans to go play to pick a ball with friends yesterday, so that was Sunday, today's Monday, and I knew it was about to be a ninety degree day, and luckily we all agreed to meet it at ten in the morning, so I went there early and then the heat started hitting like noon one ish, and I'm like, then, goodness, I got that in because I probably wouldn't have wanted to play much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least it's like this sounds so very vegus, but at least it's a dry heat. It is a dry heat, and it was like windy, so it wasn't that bad because like, yeah, it being ninety degrees and me and my mom walked out of Murray's because that's where I went for Mother's Day and walked out and I was like, oh, it's warm, but it's not like you know, it's not suffocatingly hot humid, so it could be worse. And that's apparently all week is dry heat.
Speaker 1: Yes, that'll be nice, Okay. Next femail says I just found out about this phone number you can call to listen to four different Holland Oates the songs and thought I would share it with those who may not know of it. Colin Colin Oats. The Hall and Oats hotline is based in Colorado Springs somewhere, and here's their number. Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna call it, okay and see what we get to hear. So let's see seven ones six two six oats. So that's six two eight three seven, all right? What we got.
Speaker 2: Hope later that right?
Speaker 1: Oh nope, I didn't because I did seven one six not seven one nine. Okay, hold on, I gotta try the gun. Seven one nine two starting are six to eight mm hmm. This is hard e s seven Okay. That should be right. Okay, once again, here.
Speaker 2: Your emergency holding not helpline to hear one on one.
Speaker 1: Please press one to hear.
Speaker 2: It go, Please press.
Speaker 1: Do although we're doing, please.
Speaker 2: Press three to hear private card over bitch girl and your gone new coach.
Speaker 1: You know what, don't hanaway?
Speaker 2: You can on the old fanny on the old pic. It's a picture, but it's too far, coach.
Speaker 1: You know what, don't mata hannaway about it won't get them bog.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We can't listen to the whole song. But that's funny. That's okay. If you want the number for yourself, it's seven one nine two six OAHs O A T E S. So it's seven one nine two six six two eight three seven is the number that comes from Andrew in Ohio. Thank you Andrew for that fun little fact that I did not know existed. That's great, amazing, Okay, another email. Hey morning crew. I began I begin listening to the show when I get in my car to drive home after working an overnight ship. I downstack meat palettes and fill the meat wall at a major retail store. Your conversations in banter make me smile. It helps me to get get work out of my head so that I can relax before heading to bed to sleep my day away. Yes, sadly the shift is not ideal but necessary, so there is product available when the store opens. Thank you for what you do. You make my day or is it night? And that comes from Wendy. Thanks Wendy. That is an interesting job that I didn't know was something that existed. So stack and meat, palate, stack and meat before the store opens. Basically, he's a data.
Speaker 2: Guy and meat. Yeah, he was a journeyman in the meat department at a grocery store. Oh wow, I didn't know that was a thing. I was like, Oh, he's a butcher. No he's not. He works in a meat department. He's something called a journeyman.
Speaker 1: Okay, I also worked at the grocery store, but I don't I don't think we had any official titles for anyone like that in the meat department.
Speaker 2: It's like a it's a meet thing.
Speaker 1: I think probably there are more emails that are coming in about like where you listen, when you listen, how you listen? So shout out to everyone who sent those in. Uh And honestly, I think that might be it because I think there's a couple in here that I want to wait for Dave to be back for it.
Speaker 2: He's in fancy meeting right now.
Speaker 1: He is in the fancy meeting. We have a couple of minutes we can you know, we can just chack now Bailey and I together, we can.
Speaker 2: Talk about how I saw Sarah from Love is Blind yesterday.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yeah you were. I was at a workout class when you were texting me, so I didn't respond.
Speaker 2: Right away, but was freaking out.
Speaker 1: I like saw some text coming in, and then like a few minutes later, there's a creepy side photo that snaps of her as well.
Speaker 2: She was sitting right at the table next to me, And first me and my mom were like commenting on pretty much how rich everybody was, and her sister was wearing like shorts and a just like a crew neck sweatshirt, and we were like, yeah, but this girl's not wearing anything super fancy, and so we were just talking about her sister, and then I was like, wait a second, that Sarah from Love is Blind and my mom doesn't watch it, so I knew you watched it, So that's I texted you first. And then I was just thinking like, who can I tell, Who can I tell? Who's who's gonna care? And I just kept looking at my phone waiting for you to text me back because I was like, this is so exciting. But they all like her whole family. It was like her I think she has two sisters or something, and then two adults which I assume are her parents, and then an older woman so I assume her grandmother. It was like a whole family affair. And they all got their own steak, which is so fancy, and her sister barely ate any of hers. But then they got them all to go, and I was just like so invested, and I thought, Okay, if we all get up and we're like leaving at the same time, I will ask to get my picture taken with her, But because like we left for them, so I didn't want to be like, excuse me, can I get my photo taken with you? Sarah from Love is Blind? So I did not do that, but still kind of cool, I mean fun. She's a local celebrity, not like a real celebrity, but a celebrity to me, so that was really exciting. Of all of them, I'm glad it was her that.
Speaker 1: I saw ye you said that her sister. She only has the one sister that was on the show. I'm assuming right that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was her. It was that sister then, but I swore maybe it was just her sister, her parents, and her grandma. Okay, I was trying not to stare, but I was. I mean, she was like.
Speaker 1: That, you knew the entire rundown of how they each got their own stage. My sister barely we we were watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so the picture that I sent you, Jenny was I literally gave the phone to my mom and I said, I need you to pretend like you're taking a picture of your cocktail and take a picture of her because I couldn't like actively take a picture without it looking like I was taking a picture of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, so, uh, Taylor and Daniel that got the only couple that actually got married on this past season. So I Tina that used to work on the show. Her fiance Trevor is friends with Daniel. Okay, so they knew about that whole relationship for a while. But those two man, they are getting invited to do every everything, Like they threw out the first pitch at the Twins Game. A ton of the Love Is Blind cast was there. But it's just it's so crazy because I know this girl Sophie who's friends with Monica. I know some people who are friends with Joey. Anyways, it's just like so wild. So I have started seeing other people out too. I was at an event two weekends ago where I think the entire cast was invited because what's the girl's name? Who? Why am I blinking right now? Oh?
Speaker 2: You were? It was the Date Night podcast. That's where you were, you know. I was.
Speaker 1: It was like this pop up thing for Caribou. But now I'm blanking. Is Lauren who's the one who was dating Dave?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Lauren? Laura?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Lauren was there, Molly was there. I feel like a couple other people, this girl Yemmy, who you didn't really get to know her on the show, but she was on the show, and I knew her before the show just through mutual friends and stuff. We've done a couple things together. She was there. But I feel like, yeah, they just get invited to everything now, and it makes sense. They all the ones that were featured on the show have a pretty big social following now because Sarah.
Speaker 2: I looked at her up because I wanted to show my mom, like, look, that's her. She has one hundred and five thousand Instagram followers, which is just a bonkers amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hear that they bop around the North Loop pretty often now they're out at all of the bars. Maybe I'll run into this weekend because I'm going to go out for my birthday this weekend, and I will be dusting off the old party girl. No, I just kidding, but I am gonna go out with friends this weekend for my birthday because I, yeah, just wanted to do something and fun. It's a sort of stable birthday. I'm turning thirty five, and I questioned for a second if I should say that, because for some reason, not for some reason, this industry that we work in kind of makes you feel like you can't get too much older as a female without being too old to be on the radio. So but I'm going to be thirty five, and I am happy with my age, even though I do miss the good old days. Now I'm just good old days. I'm good. I like where my life's at. I'm doing good. So anything else you want to add, Bailey or we're going to wrap it up.
Speaker 2: That's what I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well, send some emails and we definitely need some. Send them into Ryan Show at KDWB dot com and Dave will be back on tomorrow. Thanks for listening.