Speaker 1: Bilbil is here.
Speaker 2: Four Finger Discounted.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome to the first community for Forging scant community podcast here on the forging a Discount network. I am Dando and I am Guy. He's welcome. Welcome, everyone, welcome. Indeed, Hello, Hi everybody. It's some sort of Simpsons reference and there aren't we Was that your doctor nickorib Era? It was neck yet, I know, but it was more dot to hibit. Hi, everybuddy, combining all your medicals. Plus I don't think you wanted to sort of put too much of a spin or accented spin. No, no, no, we don't want to get canceled. No, but we're here today to be talking about a bunch of things that'll be answering your questions. We're talking about Simpsons news and a bunch of other stuff as well. Before we do all that, we just want to thank everybody who has reported us on Patreon this month. If you are a support of ours on Patreon, you would have heard this episode a week early and ad Freeze, well as all the episodes we did here on four figure Discamp and Going down to South Part plus our exclusive podcast we do on our network, including Talking Seinfelds Speaking of the Hill. We also got tails of Futurama, and we've just launched our new podcast, Bob's Pods and Bob's Burger's Podcast. Looking forward to us getting that one into your ears as well. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of work, yes, but today I've got no cause of Beasts of Downers, the one that puts it all together.
Speaker 1: But it's been as been a big month here at four Finger Discount. Lots of exciting news and changes and whatnot. But how you been, how you found this line? Doing?
Speaker 3: All right? We as we record this, we are coming off Easter. Yeah, one of my favorite times of the year.
Speaker 1: Any hot gross buns left? Now?
Speaker 3: There is one single hot Cross bund left in the in the breadmin which flavor? This one's apple cinnamon, apple cinnamon, okay, Nikola. She hadn't bore hot Cross bunds for the entire time, and then the day before Good Friday short, which is a Thursday, she went, I'm gonna buy some, and they had none of the plain ones left. It's like everyone just bought the supermarket out, so she only had the cabriagechot chip ones and I ate when I went, eugh, bread with chocolate and it's just not my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hot Cross buns have not really they're not really hot Cross buns anymore. They're just sort of flavored buns.
Speaker 1: It's a weird texture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there used to be back in my day. You get easy to get your hot Cross buns and they would be traditionally just one flavor. They'd be kind of a cinnamon flavored dough with raisins, Sultana's all through it or whatever and across on top and that was it, and then let's throw in some chocolate chips. But after part, let's make some variants. Yes, guys' favorite word.
Speaker 1: Make sure they're limited.
Speaker 3: And make sure they're limited, and they certainly were. But no, I enjoyed hot Cross buns for a very long time and I'm down to my last one. So, I mean, I don't know what supermarket you're going to, but there's still like a fair fee on the shelves and there a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the day just the day before Good Friday, everyone is cleaned up and then they'll probably baked more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a bunch out in the back.
Speaker 1: In the back room, everyone just went they go crazy when there's going to be a public holiday and the supermarkets are close. Always a Thursday before Good Friday, supermarkets are packed. It's it's like COVID mate, It's insane.
Speaker 3: It was really interest because I mean, yeah, I went to the supermarket. I think on that Thursday, it seemed like there were great clouds coming in, Like it was like, Oh, we're all battening down for the big storm, and everyone's in this everyone's in the supermarkets. Like this feels like the real end of the world stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my poop was on the roof and you had a shot game. I'm gonna lie. I kind of liked it. I feel like it might have been that night. Yeah, I went to supermarket. It smell like I was going to rain, but it wasn't raining, and it was still warm. It was just a real eerie feeling because it was it was just it was bizarre. It felt like we were at the start of that movie The Mist. Yeah, guys, phone just went off. I was sorry, folks, I honestly thought i'd muted this. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's a message from the lovely Louise who was having breakfast with her friend mel Oh. Okay, nice, you're saying, it's gorgeous out here, and I'm like, baby, I mean he's talking to Dan, which is gorgeous in.
Speaker 1: Its own way, but so or troubling news here at the dan her household. We've both got troubling news on the weekend. Both. So your mother and my grandmother both had an issue. So my grandmother fell over in her bathroom, broke her hip. So she's at the age of eighty six, she's in hospital now, struggling, but she I'll say this, I'll tell the story. So they gave us a medication called end don't I believe it's called to ease the pain after her surgery, and it caused her kidneys to fail and she technically died. She died in bed, and they were quickly thinking of ways, how we're going to resuscitate it. We're going to do CPR, How are we going to use the zapp things whatever they called the triper if he blows, yeah, what are we going to do here? And then Grandma just went just bring myself back to life, just started breathing by herself again. I thought that generation mate. And now she's now she's sitting up for it. Now she's sitting up eating dinner and she's ready to start using a walk again. I was like, you were dead years two days ago he was walking around again. I said to you, I stuck my toe. I'm laying down for a week. Mate. Oh yeah, look I look ever so slightly to the left. I can't move. Yeah, for like a good half hour. Got my grandma's generation. I'm dead, am I Oh nah, wait a minute, I left the oven. I've got to.
Speaker 3: But to my grandma, kind of my running that they gave her end on and then it ended up Yeah for a moment, but too tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's way too to Yeah you cannot stop that woman. But yeah you're god mother.
Speaker 3: And yeah, Margaret Mary talking about it, of course I lead with hot gross buns. My mom goes into hospital on Saturday, the day before east of Sunday. There are always bugs going around. One of my sisters had a bit of a cough kind of thing, a bit of a chest infection.
Speaker 1: Winter is coming.
Speaker 3: Winter is indeed coming, passing on the mum, who then got a bacterial infection on top of that. Yeah, breathing became a bit difficult. Margaret Mary, God bless her ninety four years of age, still living alone, still trudging up and down the stairs once or twice a day. But you know, this was really taking a toll on us. So one of my sisters and I ushered her into the Good Catholic Hospital here in geelongs and John of.
Speaker 1: God, she does not want to go.
Speaker 3: She is normally kind of reluctant to accept any help in this regard.
Speaker 1: They can fix it themselves.
Speaker 3: They can.
Speaker 1: Indeed, our generations can't someone else do it? There?
Speaker 3: I means she would say, your sister pro had this, and she yeah, she's fixed up.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you're.
Speaker 3: Ninety four, accept a little help. You know you're gonna you're gonna need just a little bit of assistance to maybe get over something like this. She reluctantly went into the emergency department. They gave her a bit of a once over, hooked her up to some IV, got the antibiotics and the steroids flowing through, and now she's jacked.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when she was in.
Speaker 3: There, she's like, oh, this is nicest, blanket's very warm, and oh they've give me a nice thing of pumpkin soup and oh near the Telly's on. They put her into a room She's like, oh, this is not this, this is going to happen every once in a while. She just like, is going to need to go to hospital and be taken care of. This implies that her family is not taken care of her. We certainly are, but sometimes you got to put leave it to the professionals. Yes, but anyway, Margaret Mary is on the mend. That's great news. Yeah, as we said, this generation just built different.
Speaker 1: Indeed, now I've got to do the follow up to the last week's story about Danner getting a cat. So oh yeah, So what happened was brief little no previously on four figure discount a cat, which we assume was the strike. It comeing to our back door, no cola, middle of the night. I always come to a back door about ten thirty eleven. I eventually ended its trust and it sort of came inside and we put it in the cage, we will say, at our house for a couple of days, just slept inside, just hanging out. We eventually took it to the vet and the vet scanned it. No mircrot chip goes here and I'm sure whether it's the same overseas, but in Australia we have Michael chips, so everyone knows who owns each cat. No market chip, no coler, wasn't fixed up. They said, this is just a classic case of Australia. So they took it to the Pound. Has to be there for a week. They put it on their website saying is this your cat? If it is, you can come claim it. I said, if it's not claimed after a week, you guys can come and adopt. It's a great name was on top of the list. Blah blah blah. So we get to the final day. I get a phone call from the Pound. I go, okay, great is it them saying come pick it up the go. Unfortunately the owner claimed it this morning. He went nice one. So I was at our house for a few days and then a week later they finally claim it. Whatever, so they pay the release forms. They fixed the cat up that day they said yea, it was going home. Blah blah blah. That night at ten ten it is back at our back door again, no collar on. After surgery in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: One might suggest that we're dealing with some deadbeat cat parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I said to Nicola, well, we're just going to keep this cat for a few days. I said, I'm not put and the cart at the pound. They said, well, we have to do the process one more time. They get to do it twice. After the second time, if it goes back to your house, then we can take other options and try and get you to adopt the cat. Blah blah blah. And I said to Nicola, but I don't want this cat to have to go through the stress and trauma of getting taken in the van and taken to the pound and locked in a cage for a week because their owner is irresponsible. And I said that to the people at the pound. I said, well, I'm not doing that. I said, it's not the cat's fault that the owners are responsible. I don't want this cat to have to go through that stress. Again, she went, well, unfortunately you have to. I said, well, I'm not. You can't make me. I'm not doing that. So I said to them, give them my phone number, don't give them my address. Give them my phone number, and if they want this cat, they can call me and explain to me why the fuck it is out. On the day that I had surgery, oh, some Francis of ASSISI here friend to all animals. That's you. Yeah, just dis infuriating, Yes it is. And what this car has to be locked in a casion taking to the pound again for a week because your owner is too lazy to look after it. So anyway, the cat stayed at our house and it's sleeping in our bed last night. Nicola loves it. She wants to keep it.
Speaker 3: Listeners should be aware that I have seen this cat for the first time.
Speaker 1: So cute, so cute, It's super lovable. Obviously right away from guy, because as you would expect.
Speaker 3: Most you know, things with the poles tend to run away from me. So I get the feeling that this cat and I will still become very good friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, yes at the moment it's still living here. We shall find out. But before we get into some mailbag questions here on the community podcast, we said we talked about some Simpsons news, so we'll cover some Simpsons news. We're also going to be having the creator of the Assassins on the show a little bit later, so look look at for that as well. We're talking about the shoes, the shoes, the assassin's shoes, yes, which we discussed. Now Butt's dog gets an f podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about actual assassins, and.
Speaker 1: We're going to be getting our own pairs with our own little license plates.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Dan to one guy. So we discussed on a recent podcast. The show has been renewed for four more seasons, Simpsons. You're not talking about full thing of this guy taking it through to two season forty breaking records, blah blah blah. But we discussed this with ABC News last week and the article is now online. You can find it. I'll put the link for it in the description of this show. Written by a man Luke Lukeoper. Yeah, Luke Cooper, indeed, yes and yeah. It was a great chat with for about half an hour and he got some good quotes. Changing a little bit slightly. But I'm like, this sounds better. This is what has made me sound intelligent. This is what journalists do.
Speaker 3: I mean, journal's couple a lot of flak for like, that's not exactly what I said. It's like, yeah, I made your sound better. Pow, I counted all yours and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, much more articulate. So going down, I sound very intelligent. In this article basically discussing the longevity of the Simpsons and how it's managed to stay on the air and stay relevant besides the fact that it's not really representative of the average family. Well, I think that was what gave it the superstartum in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was the article's main thrust was, like it does the Simpsons still represent the average family?
Speaker 1: Which it does not. No, not at all. But we explain why we think the show is still on the air, So you look at for that. You can link in the scription of this podcast. Now, I did those a little bit of extra information that we didn't cover when we talked about The Simpsons being renewed. I read an article. This could be wrong, but I've read two different articles that said they've being renewed for fifteen episodes a season. Okay, then that's got to be the shortest seasons in Simpsons history, besides the first season, which was thirteen episodes. If this is true, bizarre. But maybe it's because they're now doing the Disney Plus exclusives and it's part of a case of fifteen for TV seven for Disney.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I think it's also just the way the industry is going in terms of like, yeah, shortened attention spans, shortened contracts for writers, all that kind of business. I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm maybe they articulated in those articles. But yeah, you're finding that the twenty two episode season is becoming a more and more rare.
Speaker 1: Also, the shows are longer, so a lot of the shows we watched now forty minute episodes as opposed to the old twenty two Right. But I do find when you watch a particularly a newer season of the Simpsons, there's ten ish really like not not great episodes, but ten ish good episodes and some filler as well. Right, maybe this will also be a case of hey, look, we can now focus on delivering.
Speaker 3: How about we give you mostly killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not as much filmer, as much filler, even less filler. Yeah, So we'll see what happens there. But apparently fifteen episodes of a season which I thought was interesting. But I was talking about the Disney Plus exclusives. One just dropped today called Yellow Planet to celebrate Earth Day. I haven't watched it yet, but I thought maybe we could talk about it for Patreon. Maybe potentially that's a very good idea, is when we'll both have a look at it and give thoughts on it. But yeah, this is apparently it's a bit of a I was about to say a pis take, but no, no, more like an homage to national geographic style nature documents and the sins his family sort of reimagined as animals and not not narrated by the great David Attenbranch. These things are.
Speaker 3: That is a shame, But I imagine he's sort of got things on his mind, like, you know, saving the planet. So they got in Hugh Bonneville, who is a star of the hit series downt Nabby, is also Paddington's dad.
Speaker 1: Really in the movies, I still haven't watched them. I know, you tell me they unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Pennington two is great, it's lovely. I've yet to see Paddington in Peru.
Speaker 1: The third one, which is a kid's seen it and they thought it was okay, Okay, I am.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing that as well, because yeah, from a different filmmaker than the one who made the first.
Speaker 1: But the first two are lovely. Yeah, Paddington, check him out, Check him out.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Hugh Bonneville is the narrator on Yellow Planet, Yeah, which is on this plus Disney plus Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other two exclusive episodes have been fined. There was a Christmas one, and there was something else as well. They were okay, yeah, nothing.
Speaker 3: But what as you pointed out when we spoke with with Luke from the ABC, I mean, The Simpsons is changing with the times in a lot of way, and not just in the way that the show itself has made the traditional sort of mothership show.
Speaker 1: But they are doing. Yeah, these shorts that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm going to be old man yells at cloud here, but yeah, are catered to a bag like.
Speaker 1: What do we do.
Speaker 3: We give you water, tempt you from the sun, I'm shooting you from the south, particularly you with your Irish complexion. They're sort of tailored to the younger generations, shall we say shorter attention spans.
Speaker 1: Disney shorts are Yeah, it's nice. It's a nice little snack. Yeah. Well this isn't a short, this is a Disney Plus exclusive. Okay. Yeah, so they're doing They've done full fledged episodes, now that's what I'm trying to say. So they're fifteen episode's full length on TV. Oh yeah, there's that absolute Yeah, you also got the short. The Disney shorts are definitely they're and I didn't see it this way until I was with Matt that night, like Salomon, and he goes, they literally just tell us to make that because kids don't want to watch a full episode, so that's how we attract new kids to watch the show. And I was like, it actually makes sense. He's like taking a swig from his drink and he's like, it's not out used to me. I watched, I watched his soul left leave his body. When because with Philip Rosenthal and we're doing just excuse me, I got to put on my hard hat, like I'm so many names dropping, but it's like a pub crawl, right, but it's restaurants and all the chefs coming out there just like we're not worthy to fill right and Phil. So Matt's sitting there and like, oh is this your friend? And Phil goes, do you watch the Simpsons? And everyone was like, no, not anymore. Oh damn, and matth discuss no one ever says to watching the Simpsons anymore. If they do, they're lying.
Speaker 3: Still, I'm sure Matt Salmon is sleeping on a bit of money surrounded by me and beautiful ladies.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, Yeah, that was That was a fun night. But Yeah, let's get some mailbag questions and we'll come back to some more news little bit later. We got a heap of them, we'll start to love the Keddy with a one hundred dollars support. So, Katy G. You get your first question answered. She says, which character would you love to interview from any animator show that you guys do a podcast about.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question from Katy G. I'm not just saying that because of the Chris Pundi we get every month. That's actually that's a really solid question. It's one that I gave a bit of thought to. Unlike the others, I didn't give any thought to them. No, No, I thought about every single question, but yours most of all.
Speaker 1: Katie. It also depends what time. Just say, we'ld interviewing them on a podcast, right, Yeah, it depends what kind of podcast it is. If it's like a Joe Rogan podcast and you want like like a bender on there, wouldn't you someone is just going to have opinions, no filter and no filter. That's exactly right. All right, Well, with that in mind, did you who do you?
Speaker 3: Who are you thinking of?
Speaker 1: I think it'd be the top of my head, I think it'd be really fun to do a like an inside the actor studio, like a deep dive with Troy McClure. Oh, talking about but that's great, that's good, well done you Yeah, sorry, go on, Yeah, that's this just came to my mind. So I was thinking, just hearing his struggles and what he went through, I feel like that's the kind of interview that would just smash it. In twenty twenty five, hearing the Troy McClure story as told by Phil Harmon, well, yeah, absolutely from beyond the Grave.
Speaker 3: Um, if I were to do a late career pivot and become a Joe Rogan, theo von style grifterin podcast, but have one of those really free range three hour conversations Rogan with Mel Gibson, which is one of the most you always go to that one. I found it absolutely fascinating. Both these people are insane to different degrees. Gibson is well and truly off the reservation, and.
Speaker 1: It's like Rogan as insane as he's even he realizes and gets sort of goes, I don't stop this end.
Speaker 3: It's like he's on a cross country road tip with a guy who was increasingly drunk behind the wheel. But at the same time, Gibson is incredibly compelling, even though his stuff that he's talking about is nuts. But if I was going to be that kind of interviewer, I would want to speak to King of the Hills Dale Gribble, Yeah, and find out a silla Yeah, find about his uh what makes him tick? Yeah, his worldview, what shapes him, you know how, and particularly in twenty twenty five, how he's seen the state.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 3: I would find that remarkable. And then and then you know, just episode gently sort of prying into his private life, and you know, it's like, hey, well you're a doting father, but hey, notice that the kid well you know, and you know, see if I could draw him out, But no, I think Dale is very set in his ways. But I'd love to explore just what's going on in that man's head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fantastic. All right, let's get to another question. Sure. This one's from Harrison McClure, and he says, what's your favorite Easter chocolate slash food. Well, we've talked about hot Cross buns already. Do you have a particular chocolate that you like. I like the Cadbury bunnies, right, but I like the top bit and the bottom because that's really thick. The base of the bunny is always get sure. Yeah, now I get where.
Speaker 3: You're coming from. Look, I can't go past the buns. I can't go past the in the many variations we had.
Speaker 1: Big buns in the Canada. That's great. You're kind of you're tremperditious about you should have gone for full throttle.
Speaker 3: We've mentioned this many times. I'm only going to say it one more time. Easter is over. But yes, these Banoffi Hot Cross buns that we have Banoffi Pie hot Cross buns that we had at Aldi, I thought were just fantastic. You cannot beat the combination of hot cross buns, soft texture with banana and toffee sort of studded all through it.
Speaker 1: Magnifiict love it. She's kiss now chocolate on their hand. Was over at the Looz the other day and you know she's got the big bowl of there is eggs and chocolate thingies for the for the kids and for us as well, eating just a regular Easter egg and yeah, she ate half and he goes, this is very bland. I said, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of Easter egg they just kind of yeah, they're neither sweet nor sour. They're just kind of there. When I say sour, I mean, you know, like a dark chocolate, you know what I mean. But this was just kind of I won't sound It's like eating cardboard. It's like she ate maybe half the egg.
Speaker 1: I took a little bit of an how I kind of feel eating those hot Cross buns. I'm not enjoying this. So why am I putting these calories in my body if I'm not enjoying it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm so happy that the kind of new flavors have come up. But one other thing that Lou did have in this, in this little basket of eggs, you know, Cabri went a little wild with their flavors and they had like a Turkish Delight Easter egg and I had one, and I had another, and I had one more, really and I said no more and had another one, just one really nice Turkish Delight Easter eggs. Fantastic, really hit the spot.
Speaker 1: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early and add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Side Field, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash fourthing a discount. All right, So this next one here comes from I believe it's Dawn Clark. Is that correct? Dawn Clark says, you're in charge of a big night out in Springfield. Where do we go? Well, it's a student we have a crawl or some come. We go to multiple places at some point depending on who the crowd is. You got to go past Mademoiselle's, the Burlascaus. Oh sure absolutely, because they put the spring in Springfield. Cool. How old are we just say? We're teenagers? Right, we're in Springfield. We're of age. Where are we going? Would you go to? Most? Do you think? Whatever? It just be dank and depressing.
Speaker 3: I've got nothing wrong with visiting a dive bar. I love that it, yeah, and I get the feeling. This is the diviest of dive bars in Springfield. So yeah, think I would. Here's my rundown for the evening. It's not very expansive, but I think, you know, it sort of covers a lot of the bases in a lot of ways. Start with a couple of drinks at mos soak up the ambiance. Maybe try to get to bring the Flaming mo or the Flaming Home out of retirement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be cool. Yeah, I think that'd be quite nice, even though everyone's doing them now that's true. Either love testa machine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, get to get some of those pickled eggs. I would then drop by the lesbian bar that had no fire escape, but I couldn't stay long because well it's a death trap. These lesbian's canna enjoy their death trap. Any sort of booze build up that I had generated by that time, I would dance it off at the Anvil because I'm an inclusive kind of person. Yeah, and those guys at the Ambal they work out, but they play do indeed. Yeah, it just looks like fun. It looks like a good place to go having a good time. Everyone's having a good time. Yeah, look, I would probably get some.
Speaker 1: It's dirty takeaway from somewhere, don't you.
Speaker 3: Well, well, at the end, you know you've got to your top it off with a late night Krusty Berger. Yeah, but at the Anvil I was like, sure, I'm flattered, maybe a little interested, but the answer is not. I'm after Krusty Burger to get a late night Krusty Burger, and I'll call it a nighte krusty Burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I'd love to.
Speaker 3: See I don't think i'd do the gilded truffle. I think it's too fantasy fancy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see the full fledged Crusty Burger menu. I think we've ever seen it. That's a good idea. I want to see what's else's Krusty Berger. What's on the menu? What are the varieties of Krusty Burger? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you think they're going the hungry Jacks aka burger King to our American friends and friends another.
Speaker 1: Pat, I think they're a burger king. I think the vibe that's what I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it would be occasionally it's like, okay, yeah, try our ranch style, or you know, try our angry onions, or we branch out the chicken tenders all this kind of business. So, yeah, it would be very interesting.
Speaker 1: To see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to see a full on Krusty Burger menu. I think one of our very talented listeners should probably try and come up.
Speaker 1: With that, and then we'll monetarz I reckon Hungry jack slas Burger King Hungry Jacksonwe in Australia rides that fine line of feeling like junk food but also sophisticated, where macis tries too hard to be whisticated. For me these days, it's just everything's everything's look at it. It's just we've got macaroons. It's just got no personality anymore. To me. I walk in, it's just screens and kids looking miserable and that pipip bip sound. I'm like, no, this place feels like a hospital. It's just it's not fun anymore.
Speaker 3: It is like I'm sure, I'm sure I've said this before, but it's like the end of the original Terminator and.
Speaker 1: When they end up I think it.
Speaker 3: I think they're out cybertin systems and you know, they're being chased by the terminator that's had the n old skin sort of burned off it and be chased by the robot. Then the handler is turning on all the machines. That's what it's like going to Mackets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never go inside anymore because it's just too depressing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I just do the drive through.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but hungry Jacks, I'm still got that, still got that classic junk food vibe, but also it's sophisticated.
Speaker 3: It really does Leu Andara on the road. It smells good a little while ago, and like we just we're hungry. We don't really want to stop any where. We're just we have some jacks and we'll eat on the road. You know, well, you know it's got to be better than macers say, okay, see, I was like, I'm not sure if it is.
Speaker 1: After we ate it half of it. We sort of don't eat their chicken booth, but I reckon. I think McDonald's chicken is the worst of all. If you're gonna get chicken, get KFC. Oh absolutely don't get my chickens.
Speaker 3: And clearly just turn it because an EDG just came off on my phone saying habaner all stuff. Really, I think, yeah, they clearly know which buttons to push for me, because it was like, yeah, we've got fried chicken, but we're also putting a bit of a Mexican flavor in it, Like, oh damn man, now I've gotta go there for lunch.
Speaker 1: Guys always send a messaging have you seen this? Have you seen this? You're like, I'm looking for you. Well, they've got a good deal.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We be got KFC on the weekend because I just could not be bothered cooking. And how many times we heard that sentence, I know, and it was gone, my grandma what not? Me just had found me over and it was get KFC and for fifty bucks, get like six burgers, three chips, chicken tenders and stuff. And I was like, it's ever everybody. Yeah, go to a restaurant. One meal is like forty five dollars. Oh god. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lou and her son Isaac and I we went out to yeah steakhouse here in Geelong on Saturday nights.
Speaker 1: I think you can call him the prodigy Apoligy.
Speaker 3: He's a prodigy, yeah, Felix, Felix, he's the musical product, musical project.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Isaac is just a brainiac and shaping into a fine young man. Yeah, but we all enjoyed a steak But boy, did we pay for it? And I just don't mean spiritually, I mean financially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Trainiac Maniac says, are there any Simpsons one off characters that you'd love to see return? And if so, what do you think they could offer in their second appearance? Also love from a fellow jelong resident, keep up the aws like, oh, Trainiac Maniac, let us know your actual name? Yeah, catch up with some beers. That's right, KF Yes, so Simpsons one of the characters that you'd like to see return. I actually put a meme out that has been garnering somewhat of a lot of a action, a lot of traction on Twitter and yourself. So it was basically saying that the Simpsons movie, we did a commentary for it on our Patreon. Everyone who signed with the Patriot gets access to the commentary where they have a villain named Russ Cargill. He runs the EPA or whatever, and everyone has everyone. But a lot of people have said it was right there. Why didn't you bring back like a Hank Scorpio or a character that everyone knew, And they have said it since that they wanted to not have a character that would be too niche that new audiences would understand, and you look in retrospect and go, why the fuck does that matter? You know, I said, it's the Simpsons movie. People are going to see it because it's the Simpsons movie. It was going to financial succeed regardless, because it's the Simpsons movie. And Russ Cargo never returned. Y had Colin, that Irish boy at Lisa's love interest who never returned. He wasn't part of the show. And I've basically just said Hank's The meme basically says that Hank Scorpio should have replaced Russ Cargill, and he had a lot of people say no, I wouldn't have worked that story, wouldn't because Hank loved and I was like, yes. But the point is, first of all, establish a story where it does fucking make sense. Haanks Scorpio, you're making You're making this sh it up. I hate to tell you so, Hanks Scorpio. I would love for him to make a return. I think he may have returned in the latest season episode briefly. I don't know, but he does work as a one time character, say with like Frank Grimes. I think he's more memorable because he didn't return. But if you were going to have a one time character return, who would you choose.
Speaker 3: I thought about this a bit, and this is a character who has actually reappeared in little bits and pieces, but they've really got one main episode that they were front and center in. I would like to bring back Jessica Lovejoy, and I would like to reshape her as kind of like a youthful Christian influencer slash grifter. Yeah, sort of setting up a rival church, like a hip young church.
Speaker 1: So you've been aging her so the future.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, No, it is like like a TikTok star or something like that.
Speaker 1: Because I ordered you because she's eight when she felt well, that's true.
Speaker 3: But I mean I recently watched this thing on Netflix called Bad Influence, this documentary, this three part docer, fascinating stuff.
Speaker 1: I saw the ap for it. Yeah about yeah this machine kids out. Yeah yeah, it's like this this.
Speaker 3: Mum who's like, oh, my daughter's very vivacious and she likes to be on you know, toddlers and tiaras and all that kind of stuff. Oh there's this new thing called YouTube. Oh I can put her on that and we can put up the videos online and blah blah blah. It became this massive industry making something like five hundred k a month of just this girl and then her quote unquote friends, because you know, this woman would this mother would find other parents who were like, oh, my kid wants to be a star. TV or movies aren't really doing it. They're not getting any roles there. How about she becomes part of the squad and we do like a little sort of ten squad. There's a fun fun squad. It's called the Squad.
Speaker 1: Because Aliott and that. We just watched his show called Fun Squad and it's just his family and I watched it, going, what is this? It's all it.
Speaker 3: They're using this thing as a Particula's case study, but it's all like that. And as these kids are growing up, they're kind of like formulating this soap opera around them where it's like, Okay, you've got to crush on so and so or so and so is you a friend of me?
Speaker 1: And you know reality television it's like, really it's like.
Speaker 3: Nine except creepier, but you know, and the YouTube videos would have titles like first Kiss or something like that. I was watching this getting more and more fucking creeped out because and the thing of it is this woman's daughter, I think I think her name is Piper Raquel or Piper Rockel or something like that. She's now like sixteen or seventeen. The mom doesn't want to get off this graveytrainal and she's slowly sexualizing her daughter more and more. And meanwhile she's also just completely toxic and alienating all these other parents. It's so fucking weird.
Speaker 1: But I saw the headline, I thought, am I going to feel seen doing this? Because I do Nerdaddy with Ali and that. But I'm like, no, no, because I'm just unboxing toys and the kids are just in it with me enjoying unboxing the toys. It's not me going allie, it's the star, it's my show, and the kids just join me occasionally.
Speaker 3: No, this is one hundred percent manipulated and stage managed. It's really worth checking out if your tastes run to the kind of like, oh my god, the society is just fucked what what?
Speaker 1: But on services that on? It's on Netflix? Netflix. Oka. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it would be interesting to sort of have say, Jesse a love boy love Joy fall under the sway of like.
Speaker 1: A or she returns.
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 3: Just if you've taken this in a whole new direction, that could be interesting. But yeah, making her like a little YouTube star.
Speaker 1: Where it's like, oh, look, Jesus, she's seen the light. She's seen the light, and but it's really just a grift. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that could be kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love Joy is one that I don't know if she's returned in a speaking role, but that would definitely be really interesting. Yeah they did. I would have said lurline lumpkin, but it turns out they did bring her back, and I thought it was actually a nice follow what sequel to that episode? I'm just trying to think of one more. Maybe mister Bergstrom, Oh yeah, that's this is substitute. That could be fun. I've always wanted Carl to return as well. We love Carl. Who can't love Carl. He's just the greatest person in the world. Everyone needs a Carl. Yeah, but he was struggling at some point, because he's like a background Cariacter talking about people who are like struggling. He's just sitting in here. His looks disheveled and worn out, and I was like, oh, Carl doesn't have a car. I should have had a Carl. Carl is the greatest. Yeah all right, So this next one here comes from Tyson Davies. If you could reintroduce Hank Scorpio head for an episode, what story situation would you guys have the episode be about. Okay, if we're going to reintroduce him in an episode. So, SE's the thing Hank Scorpio. We always see him as a super villain, and he is a super villain, but he's not. He's like an anti hero villain. It's really weird. It's just he wants the best for Homer and everything he's fighting against you can't agree with. Oh yeah, now here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think if you're going to reintroduce him, I think you have to reframe him as kind of like a Trump or an Elon or someone like the hands.
Speaker 1: Won't want that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't think if doing is like the good version of those Like everything he's doing is terrible, Like he's doing horrible schemes. He's got like but he's trying to bring it's like you know, you know, you know the term greenwashing. No, it's when you know a company will be like it's like an oil company is like, we're saving these seals.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, but you're sucking up the entire planet. Yeah, but we're doing saving Africa, yeah, or something, saving the rainforest. We're giving these African people great jar I'm pretty sure slavery.
Speaker 3: So his uh, overall scheme is just wrong and bad for the planet or bad for society in general. But he's trying to put a really positive spin on it. And because he's Hank Scorpion, because he's out with Brooks and so affable, and you're like, it's great, yeah, helping out these people and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I think Albert Brooks playing a right wing podcast would thrive on The Simpsons. Like not Hank Scorpi, just a just a Joe Rogan esque character voiced by Albert Books improvising.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm just also thinking, you know the episode Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes? Where Unkie Herb is down on his luck and he comes to Simpsons for help. Right, could Hank Scorpio found himself in Downtimes and Homer's the way he comes to Homer for help because Homer's like, well you helped me out. Now my turn to time to return the favor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have them as like business partners in the like a like I just need a little venture capital or whatever, and I got a quarter. Ye. So but yeah, they started off as like business partners and it becomes Facebook becomes.
Speaker 1: Testantly big, and he does look after Homer, but he still almost gets screwed over as well. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and also, yeah, Homer's on the ground floor some business that goes absolutely bonkers but is terrible, is not is not a net good.
Speaker 1: And it's like I can provide for my family. I've got everything I ever want.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, but then Lisa pipes In pipes up as the you know, the voice of Reason Angel and Angel on his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, voice of Reason, you're right and go But Dad, you're killing the planet. Yeah, okay, I'll sell my share. Also, I was thinking something similar because like the Lisas Slurry episode with mister Burns where they met the company. But it could be that they become really successful and money is changing Homer, and maybe it could be a case of this will actually be a good way to sort of change the show slightly. Would explain that the family don't get super rich, but they have a bit of money where they're comfortable in that point. But the family go, Dad, money is changes. It's making us bad. People were not. We don't like this anymore. Let's go back to how we were. But like Hank Scorpat ensures that they have enough to sort of live comfortably. Because I think the show by season thirty six could evolve slightly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the end, you'd say, oh, homework, guys, we're going our separate ways. But you know, I know how feelings And by the way, I paid.
Speaker 1: Off your mortgage. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you now own you know, and in your house. And oh and by the way, I slipped in a couple of bucks so you never have to pay taxes again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or something like that. Make life a bit easier for that bridge. Thanks. Yes, I think everyone would get.
Speaker 3: Everyone going to enjoy that, but I think it relate to it without hating the Simpsons. As a result, they kind of go, hey, you know what, even if it is like ill gotten gains, I think it'd be nice to have.
Speaker 1: Pay taxes because it would me we never have to have Homer spending off the saving stories and that kind of stuff anymore, because, as we said in our article and with ABC, they don't represent them their average family anyway anyway. So it's a cartoon now, So why do they need to be middle class? They don't need to be Yeah, so have them be funny.
Speaker 3: There we go, We fix the Simpsons again.
Speaker 1: There we go. That was just some brainstorming there, but a good question from Tyson Davies Taylor Lane. Wass Now you get hired to write the final episode of the show, one gets asked a lot. It's I'd answer this one. How do you wrap up forty plus years in a neat little package? Well, the idea of algae throughout was actually quite neat, and we've we've said it a neat little package. Set a time and time again where he said the last episode will end with the Simpsons on their way to watch the kids do their Christmas pageant, which is how the first episode starts. The show essentially becomes a loop, a loop, which I think would be almost the perfect ending for the Simpsons because they never age, never really evolves, it's just the show just keeps going. That's really good. They're the same age at the beginning as they were at the end. So you can just rewatch the show and nothing changes.
Speaker 3: That's why it's why el Jane is ol Jine.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but how about you, I'm pretty sure would you be subdued or extravagant with a finale for The Simpsons?
Speaker 3: I don't think it'd be extravagant. Something I've enjoyed about a lot of long running shows is that they'll have their really big episode as like their penultimate episode, their second last episode.
Speaker 1: To say, the one beforehand is always is always.
Speaker 3: When Game of Thrones was on, the second last episode was always the battle, okay, and then the last episode would be kind of like, well, we just had a big battle. We're all a bit sort of shell shocked. What happens next? How do we sort of rebuild and how do we set the stage for the next season. Now, of course, this is the final episode, final ever episode of The Simpsons. You're right, we have heard this question before, and I think we've tried to tackle it before. My take on it has always been a it's an episode length expansion slash dramatization of the opening credits. It's the kids coming home from school, it's Marge doing the groceries, and yeah, something happens at this it's just really every day mundane stuff that happens happens in Springfield.
Speaker 1: But it's funny. The finale is the intro, but as the intro, and it ends up with like we're all home, roll on the couch, you turn it on, you turn on the TV, and what they watch.
Speaker 3: Is like the very first episode.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Yeah, I actually do like that an extended intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's, yeah, Homer trying to get out of work and it's like I've got a thing on my shoulders though, but you sort of you you see every character, every character sort of a last goodbye as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you drive past, you're.
Speaker 3: Driving past them or whatever and they say a line or they do something that they're best, don't.
Speaker 1: I think it just worked it out. I think that's how you do it. It's how you end it, right. I think it is right. So it starts off the and then it's just the intro, but you're just watching it in a twenty two minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, you stretch it out, you come up here, you come up with some good gags, but you also it's got a slightly wistful, melancholic feel. To it because like, oh, this is the last time we're sort of going through the streets of Springfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know it's the finale that you're watching it, going oh, this is the last time I'm seeing mo. Yeah, this is the last time I'm seeing Lenny. Is the last time I'm seeing mister Burns. It would be emotional, I think, so, man, So that's what that's what I would do, all right, all right. We've got some questions here because we reviewed some classic episodes in recent times, including Lady Bouvier's Lover and Bars Dog Gets an f Speaking of Bars, Dog Gets an f that's where the assassins appear. So I think now'd be a good time to play our chat with one Judy right, the creator of the life Assassin Shoes. We're here with the lovely lady Judy run from ASQ Customs as you guys will be aware. How are you doing, Judy.
Speaker 2: Doing pretty good? How about you guys?
Speaker 1: Very well? Thank you? Yeah, we had you on what we discussed you on last week's episode where we reviewed Bot Doug gets an F in particularly because that's the episode that has the assassins. Now, when it comes to assassins, you're the lady because you have created screen screen replicas of the Assassin's shoes. So I really want to delve into what made you want to do this besides the obvious raising you're a Simpsons fan. But how was the process? How long did it take? This is let's talk all about it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so first of all, thanks for having me. I would say my entire life. So I just turned forty one in March, so I would say about I had to be about I'm trying to think that the year that the episode came out, early nineties, I couldn't have been more than like nine or ten. But as a kid growing up in the nineties, sarcastic kid I was. I loved Bart Simpson, loved Simpsons. I was also Jordan fan. I grew up playing basketball, so I'm a sneaker fan. So there was something about you know that episode and being one of those kids that like didn't get I didn't get my first pair of Jordan, so I was about eighteen years old. So being one of those little kids that really wanted those sneakers, like I identified with Homer so much, so like when he when I saw those sneakers, my eyes went up, I was like, those are so cool. They had all the bells and whistles on them. So I just remember being a little kid like when I grew up, I'm going to get those kind of sneakers. And then you have this scene where Sanda's little helper destroys the sneakers, and.
Speaker 1: You're just like, oh my god, like the worst things.
Speaker 2: Like it's like it's like devastating. So as I got older, you know, I be him a big sneaker collector. I grew up on the East Coast. I grew up in Syracuse, New York. I moved out here to the West Coast and about twenty thirteen and got into custom sneakers. So I started out very basic. I really had to teach myself kind of I can kind of build myself up from nothing when it comes to like the custom sneaker uh in the art world, just out of curiosity. But I always knew that one day I wanted to create them. So around twenty nineteen, I like creating a custom that was like the theme, but it wasn't the same. Like if you go on my Instagram you can see it pinned at the top twenty nineteen compared to now, you know, I did art for about ten years, and then I got into designing my own brand. So I really wanted to like create something that was of my you know, of my own and then use my creativity towards it. So I started out, you know, just with the with the sketch, just kind of trying to figure out what I wanted to look like because I wanted to be like my own brand. But then I wanted to have the personality of the Assassin, you know. I wanted to have like a little bit of the DNA from my Air eighty four model and the Assassin. So yeah, so just kind of waiting to find the right manufacturer who could like make my make my vision come to life and like make it screen accurate like I want. I wanted to make it like as close to the real thing as you could get without it actually being the real thing. And I think that, you know, I think that I did a really good job. I'm very proud of them, and I'm excited to get them out to people as well.
Speaker 1: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking sci Fild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. I'm interested. You brought up before how you had themed ones. There is a big difference between being themed and actually being screen accurate, isn't there? And you can just tell, let's toll it. You just grabbed one. Let's hold it up to the camera. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Look at that, mister Davis. I'm in awe honestly, even the font oh not just the recreation, which is kind of no PERFC, but even yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Head around your name plate, you know, can those name plates be are they interchangeable? Or you get one and you.
Speaker 2: Get one so so they'll all come blank, so you can put whatever you want on. I want everybody to have their own, you know, personalized experience with them, because I know that this these sneakers like this is history. It means so much to us. It's like your childhood. You see them and like you immediately flash back to like being a little kid again. And I'm super proud of these right here.
Speaker 1: Do you have a dog?
Speaker 2: Do I have a dog? I had a dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I had a dog as well, So I know how you feel.
Speaker 2: My best man, my best friend in the world, le Bron Lebron James Jr. Junior. He passed away a couple of days after Christmas twenty twenty three, just just like a month shy of eleven. But that was my guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying to be great marketing, but you need to get a dog to chu prepare and then put that over.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny? Dog He never chewed my sneakers. He would he pulled my he pulled my clothes out of the room, he pulled my hats out of the room. But he never messed with my sneakers. It was like he knew they were sacred.
Speaker 1: It's my dog.
Speaker 2: There was a there was a code there.
Speaker 3: What you need is a dog with a very weak sort of butt.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's what's the butt pressure? So he'll try and they're just indestructible.
Speaker 2: I could burn one for marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that?
Speaker 2: When do you write that off?
Speaker 1: When are you doing stuff like this because it's so accurate, so screen accurate. Do you worry about copyard or anything like that? Because I feel like, if you're disneyl folks, you should be going these are great, let's make more of them.
Speaker 2: So me, personally, I don't. I'm such a small fish and like for me, A big part of the reason why I wanted to create my own brand was so I had ownership of the model. I think I would worry more about I don't want to name any I don't want to see any brands, but there's certain certain sneaker companies that will really go after you if you reconstruct their designs. Okay, So that was a big reason why when I decided I really wanted to go into manufacturing sneakers, I wanted to create my own brand that has his own, you know style as separate. Now, if you know Fox comes after me, I'm hoping that we can talk talk it out and figure something out, because I mean, I know a lot of people would love to have those sneakers on their feet. So I'll risk it. We'll see what happens, but you know, I'm not sure on birth their time.
Speaker 1: One day you're getting knock on the door, but who is it?
Speaker 2: Goonses the smoking man with the trench code in the shadow.
Speaker 1: Gudy.
Speaker 3: You said your background's inn ot initially? Was it a really steep learning cuve when you sort of I mean, you've got this background and of course loving snake is and and that kind of thing. But I mean when it came to making your own designing run, was it fairly steep learning.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting because I was a really big artist when I was a little kid. So I grew up in I like was born in New York City. We moved to upstate New York when I was about six, and I was a really big I was really big in a drawing. I was a huge like Ghostbusters fan, huge Ninja Turtles fan, Hugh Simpsons fan. So I would spent all of my free time just like drawing them and like various scenes. That was like my thing. And then as I got a little bit older, I started playing basketball. So once I started playing basketball, I kind of moved away from art and like stopped drawing completely because it just like kind of sucked me in and I got a scholarship to play basketball in college, and I played overseas for a number of years, and then when I came back, it was like, okay, I'm not playing basketball anymore, so you know what am I doing? It's you got to kind of find a new identity. And I just I got lucky enough to like when I moved out to the West Coast, I met a friend that was into custom sneakers. He showed me a couple of really basic things, and I just kind of built up from just terrible, terrible block paintings of you know, just filling in the blanks. It's just like coloring coloring and coloring sheet, you know, filling in the panels, and moved up kind of taught myself how to draw and then started to really tap into like more creativity and so it really is just born and just like wanting to push myself. You know, I went from my coloring on a coloring sheet to an iPad to sneakers too. Now I'm actually creating my own brand, and it's it's been a really interesting evolution. But it really is just adhd Well, you know, I get bored and move on to something else.
Speaker 1: Is it a one woman team? Obviously must have other people working with you said you mentioned the manufacturer before you get to fund though one, so how many people are working on getting the shoe onto people's face.
Speaker 2: So I so I'm the artists, I'm the CEO, I'm the CFO, I'm logistics, I'm social media. I's aw me up one day. But you know, my wife will help me out every once in a while with some stuff. But other than that, it's really just it's really just me. And it's mainly just me because I never really predicted that I'd be here doing it, you know, in this way, and it's just it's worked. With it being just me. I feel like it's more personal and so until I need to absolutely need to bring other people on, I really do enjoy just like having that personal connection with my art and then with my audience.
Speaker 1: How many prototops did you go through before you set it on what you're finally happy with.
Speaker 2: It's funny because a lot of the ways that I worked things out, even when I made themes, it's just a lot of me sitting there trying things out, putting, you know, putting looks together. This this needs to be a little bit. Maybe this is the toe boxes to boxy or something. I got to change that up. It's really a lot of it is just kind of playing around with space, like that's kind of how I create. So for my for the very first silhouette I did, this is actually the high Tops for my second so, but my first silhouette I did the SQ one that really just came out of boredom, Like I was like, I'm gonna, you know, I I really want to try to create my own sneaker. When I think of like a running shoe, this is what I wanted to look like. And I kind of over a couple of days, maybe a week, I go a long time with like brainstorming in my head and then I'll jump into it. And usually it's quick once I get the brainstorming together. But it's just about moving those pieces around, kind of seeing what things look like where it's like those sliding puzzles or Rubik's cube. Yeah, it's just kind of how my brain works.
Speaker 1: Are you like me? Where your best ud das come to you just before you go to sleep and you have to wake up again and rut them all down.
Speaker 2: It's even better they come to me in the middle of the night. Like I always say this at my wife, Like I'll pop up out of bed at like three thirty and so be like, what, you couldn't sleep last night? And I was like, I just have this idea and I had to like get it out of my head. It's like sometimes if you don't do it right away, like I'll be in a complete like brain block for a week and then go to sleep and then just some pops into your head and you're like, oh, I I gotta do this right now. So I'm very much like that. It's fun right when you don't get to sleep because your brain is constantly active.
Speaker 3: You mentioned some of your favorites growing up with like Ghostbusters and teenage meant Ninja Turtles, and I've seen that there's a You've got Turtle branded or Turtles sort of inspied sneakers as well. What are some of the other properties that kind of inspire you the all that you'd like to sort of i'd not move into or develop a bit more.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a big I'm a big horror fan, so I've I've leaned a lot into a lot of the animated properties. When when I've done design for my brand, But I really want to start doing more horror designs because if you look at my Instagram, Pagency I've done so, I've done so many cool like the Shining I've done, Saw I've done. You know, I love horror movies, so I've done get Out. Uh So I really want to start, like like with the stack pair that I did from Sinners on the concept, I really want to start getting more getting back into that. But then there's still a lot of nineties things that I haven't touched yet. Like I'm a big Sess fan, Like I'm want to do a Spinelli design, you know, like things like that. Just a lot of a lot of nineties culture like kind of shape me even you see, like if you if you look on my Instagram, I've done Seinfeld, like Signfeld a big part of my life. I just like doing things that like kind of molded me, you know, things that I take inspiration from. And then also some original designs that I really want to get into doing as well. But you know, you kind of got to grow the brand before you get to do the things you really really want to do as well. You got to kind of please the audience and find that balance.
Speaker 1: So as a shoe fishingado, like you collect shoes. Do you feel like these shoe collecting sphere has just expanded and just grown so much in recent years. I never really paid too much attention to it, but I just I've got some friends who buy shoes and just put them on the shelf, and they that's what they do, and it's they pay top dollar for the shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so interesting to see how it's grown. I have a rule that like, if I buy a sneaker, I'm wearing it as soon as possible. Like, I don't care if I paid if I pay two hundred dollars for the Niggers that I paid five hundred dollars for the sneakers. I buy sneakers because I want to wear them for me. It's like, if I want to look at sneakers, I'll get a painting of them, putting them on, put it on the wall and just like enjoy it. But my my love of sneakers kind of grew from wanting to wear them. But it's really interesting to see materialism kind of you know, sneakers are our materialism. But like when fandoms kind of get to like that bubble bursting and everyone's wearing them, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It just kind of takes it's amore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just not as sweet anymore to me. So that's a big reason why I created my own brand and started doing customs as well, because I wanted something that was like unique. When I was growing up, everybody didn't wear Jordans, like now everybody wears Jordans.
Speaker 3: How important was it for you when putting these assassins together that actually felt good on your feet as well as.
Speaker 1: It looked great.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, obviously you don't. You never want to. You never want to be walking around sneaker that hurts your feet. For me, unfortunately, almost every sneaker hurts my fee because I have the flattest feet on Earth. It's just like wearing flippers, so like, no matter what, they always hurt my feet. But one thing about these that that I that I realized is I wanted to walk around in them before I before I made them, you know, available to people, like with my first model. From wearing them for the first time, it was obvious to me that like, this is not just rubber on you know, rubber on leather. You know, there's actual material, there's great foam cushion there. When you're walking in them, they don't, you know, your toes don't hurt. And for me that's important because it's hard for me to walk around and sneakers the other days. They have to be comfortable. So I really like how they feel, and I love and I'm a person I like to really wear my sneakers out, so I love how they feel more and more as we wear them. You know, they feel like they hug your feet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Have you have you pre sold all of the one hundred and twenty five dollars ones?
Speaker 2: So this is this is how this worked with one hundred and twenty five dollars one. I wanted to do something really really special with just like the first group of people to kind of like gravitate towards the design. This Assassin's design has been like by far, my most popular design so far. So I made kind of like a members only club, members only website, and I gave those those folks. It was about I think about about one hundred and forty people in my broadcast channel. I gave them access at a couple of different times to buy them for like the original TV show retail price of one twenty five, which at the you know, at the time it was it sounded good. I you know, it was the margins. It was tough to go with the margins. But I'm glad that I'm glad that I was able to do that for those people because they they really supported me through the process. And as I go on like that that broadcast channel, every every single drop I do, I'll make it like members only. They'll be a member's only price. There'll be members you know, they'll get access first, and I really just want to kind of grow a grassroots kind of community.
Speaker 1: It'll wake on Turkey because now people go, oh, okay, well if I jump on board early, I'll get the discount price.
Speaker 2: And I think it's fun. You know, you get to see things first, Like all of my concepts and stuff I sent, I sent to my broadcast channel first so they get to see them, you know, just just the way to show appreciation for people showing support for me because I'm just some random person that they don't know, so like, it always means a lot to me that people take the time to show support to my work.
Speaker 1: Is it a limited run, is it just a one time deal, or do you think you're gonna do a second one.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I won't be a one time deal. The first wave has already went out to production. I left the free order open because I, you know, if more people order before the next couple we saw added to this one, and hopefully we'll be able to get them out the same time. But I feel like once that first wave comes in, and I think it was about thirty five total, once that first wave comes in and people get to see them on feet, people start wearing them to conventions, you know, hopefully fingers crossed, that people will come, you know, come in check about them. So that's what I'm hoping. You know, if everything works out like I planned, you.
Speaker 1: To send a pan to Harry Sira, the actually Flanders, I really, really really I.
Speaker 2: Really want to do that. Hopefully. I hopefully I can try to send a couple of pairs of a couple of different past members. I think that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: We'll make it happen. We'll make it happen.
Speaker 2: And being that I you know, being that I live in Oregon, you know, spray Field, Like, if there's a big connection to the Simpsons and Oregon, you.
Speaker 1: Need to get Bill Oakley, He'll do it for sure. Bill, like one of the visual showrunners writers of the show. He writes Steven Hams, he's your man. But when it comes to the online Simpsons community, Bill oakleyzy man, So get a pair of him. You're in the you're in the money, all right.
Speaker 2: Well if you, if you have communication with him, get a size for me and I'll take care.
Speaker 3: Also the Phil Knight. You know, you're probably just down the road from Nikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I'll have someone picking my door in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where the Hyde Gooons come. Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't have competition, like right in the backyard. I can't let them know about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, before we let you go, let's talk about it. Just your love of the Simpsons. So you know, when did you first What are your earliest memories of the show. Do you still watch any of the new episodes at all? A lot of people don't, but you know, do you? And what's your connection with the Simpsons?
Speaker 2: So I so I definitely don't watch the newer episodes. I'm more of a like I probably like the first like ten seasons or so up until a round. I don't have would SA up until around when the movie came out was when I kind of like fell away from it. But my dad was also really into The Simpsons and he used to watch it. But that's kind of how I found out about it. And I just I was really drawn to Bart because I was one of those kids that like couldn't sit still, procrastinated on my homework and you know, got grounded a lot. So for me, it was just like a big coming of age kind of thing for me. The family aspect was cool, but for me, it really was just the characters. And I would say, it's funny because you know, you have Bart's dogs, and that we have Bart gets an f you have that episode where he's like snowed in. He's praying to Guy that they delayed the test and he gets snowed in, and it's so funny because I grew up in upstate New York where it snows all the time, and I've been there's been so many days where like the snow came. I was hiding my homework in my desk and the snow came and I was like, Okay, I got one more day. So just like it felt, you know, that character to me felt really personal. So I just kind of grew up, just like following his adventures.
Speaker 1: I just love that because he's genuinely trying to focus but he just can't. His brain just won't let him. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I, you know, I was definitely that kid that, you know, if it had a dollar for every time someone said Judy's really smart, but that she would just apply herself, Like I heard that, so, like I heard it so many times. So I was like watching my you know, watching my real life. And then I mean I always knew that I had the ADHD, but like I didn't really manage it at all until I was about I think I got diagnosed with fically in about thirty seven. So it was just like it's so funny to like go back and watch as an adult and see those things that you kind of see yourself as a child, be like, man, we just didn't know yea.
Speaker 1: And even those even those those who might not be technically diagnosed with it, we watch it going.
Speaker 2: Yeah we know, yeah, yeah yeah. So it's just amazing to me that a cartoon could be so relatable to like your everyday life, even for me like as a little eight year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it wasn't just kids as well as the adults and parents. Marge, Yeah, it was everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a secret.
Speaker 1: Source of the show. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, all right, Gudi, So where can people go to pre order a pair of assassins?
Speaker 2: So if you want to order a pair of Assassins, you can go to Asqcustoms dot com. It'll it'll be right up on the front page. Blank will be there. If you have any questions about sizing or any other questions about the brand, you can just go to my instagram ask you customs. I'm pretty I'm pretty much on there all the time, so if you if you hit me up, I'll respond pretty quickly. But yeah, my website and Instagram that's where to go. And also, if you want to get some sneak peaks and you want to get some early discounts and things like that, my broadcast channel joined the Conspiracy you can find that on my Instagram as well well.
Speaker 1: The links for all those in the description of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you Gudy for joining us here. It's been great. I cannot wait to hold these assassins in my hands. They just look so great. I can't wait to put them on the fo to get.
Speaker 2: Them to you, to get them to you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, I know the best.
Speaker 2: That same to you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I have a good one.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to have a pair of those my hands. Judy doing it right, doing it right indeed. So yeah, you can pre order those. Link for that is a description of this show. Check out her Instagram channel and yeah, get yourself a pair of assassins.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So the question that came through four Bart's Dog gets an f we have here. It is what would your patch on the family quilt be? What would your patch be on the family quilt? What do you think you bring to the family.
Speaker 3: It would be like mine would be like a pen, cigarette and a cup of black.
Speaker 1: I think for me, I think the Simpsons have to be on my court in some way. Right, there's just I've earned a living from the Simpsons. Now, I was the Simpsons guy in my friendship group. I think maybe just like the it'll be the outline of their heads, you know, like just like the spiky heads, just as like a sound wave, not just the channel.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's a propos because you know your podcasts about this, so it's a sound way there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is that all our logo? Let's get some merch happening. Actually, seriously, Yeah, let's do that. It's a really good logo. Yeah. I don't think it's been used. We'll find out. We'll find out. Yeah, stay tuned. But I think that's a really good idea for merch. I mean, just it's not obtrusive, it's not copyrighted. Really, I don't think it's copyright Yeah, own shapes. That question came from Abigail B Sharp Crater. Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 3: That that name Abigail, by the way, it's hilarious when you first hear it.
Speaker 1: Less. That's good, Thank you, thank you for that question. That was good. But this one here, I'm gonna get the name wrong. It's Darrek o'kathyan. I know there's a correct way pronounce.
Speaker 3: Game of Thrones before. I'm pretty this guy's from west Ross.
Speaker 1: But they say it's one of the weaker entries in season two. Yeah, it's still a good episode overall. Season two is unreasonably left out of the Golden Age, and they don't know why because it's got its own vibe and it's a good vibe. What do we think of the second season overall, we haven't really gone back and revisited enough of the episodes recently to really have an opinion. I remember it being there are some really good ones in there. It was my first proper introduction to the show season two, because that's what we're on the VHS tapes that we could rent from Video Ezy and Blockbuster and whatnot back in the nineties. So the season two episodes were ones that we watched a lot because that's what we're on the tapes that we hired. I do think season two deserves to be in the Golden Era. I mean season one does as well. I know it looks different, but to say season three through nine is the Golden Era, I've never really agreed with that. I've always said one through ten. I think ten deserves to be in there as well. People say it doesn't. I say it does. I don't know what about you. People say that, maybe because it's the older look to it and whatnot. But I think there's some really really solid episodes in there in season two.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the lineup of season two episodes and look, there was someone here that I would just say knocking out Season two see what has he Got but the Dead Devil, blood.
Speaker 1: Feud, three men in a comic book, The War of the Simpsons, least the substitute with mister Bergs Brush of Greatness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one that I'm going to mention.
Speaker 1: Old money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Season two in Golden Age, Yeah, all.
Speaker 1: These episodes are great, Like, every single one of them are great. Sorry, nothing but bangers, Yeah, nothing but bangers, every dead putting, Society, dancing Homer, two cars in every Garage, Simpson and Delight, unbelievable, Buck gets off every I feel like every episode is good in that season, every episode. So yeah, Season two definitely deserves to be considered the Golden Year, but people just don't seem to. I said, some people don't rate this one because of the dog is the episode particular Barzo gets a f They say, some people don't rate this one because of the dog abuse, And of course they did as a kid, because you watch the Simpsons at face value when young and not as not as a silly cartoonish allusions to clockwork Orange. How did you fe all about? How do you feel about this? And we discussed it in our review that I think a lot of people don't watch this episode because they don't like seeing the dog abuse and they don't like seeing Emily Thorpe is a four bit I think anyway that Winthrop Winthrop, Emily Winthrop played by Tracy Ahmen in particular, is just such a dislikable, unlikable person that I never really enjoyed this one, but I watched it older reviewing it. Going unlikable but successful gets the job done.
Speaker 3: The job done certainly. Yeah, I mean, plus, you know, every episode needs a heel, and not every heel necessarily has to be the worst film. Like you know, sometimes I know good people can do bad things for good reasons. I mean, it's actually pretty complex and which which I know sometimes you want from this kind of thing. But as far as season two goes, no, it's just it's knocking knocking it out of the park consistently and thoroughly.
Speaker 1: It's a season that gets busy. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on page. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes, of Tales of Futurama, talking Sidevard and speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four fing a discount. This when he comes from Mike Salter, Mike says, whatever happened to you, guys, Papalon Puppy. I remember him going with the lovely Luise to collect it being mentioned in the Tales of U Durama episode Ahead and the Poles. Whatever happened to it?
Speaker 3: Well, the pepy On Puppy is still around.
Speaker 1: Of course. Raffi was that Rafi dog's name here.
Speaker 3: With his big ass he is and his irascible attitude. No, Raffi is very much a part of the household, very loved, even if he is kind of a pain in the arts at times, so right farts every once in a while, and it's good to side wise who among us.
Speaker 1: But no, he's.
Speaker 3: Just sitting on laps and gnawing on things and all that kind of stuff being a dog being a dog. And there is a chance that another Papyon Puppy will be added to the roster. So Raffi has someone to play with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said to Nicol, we're getting a cat. You're got to get two because they need to play, right. Oh they do, Yeah, I mean they're bored.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I sometimes feel very guilty that I'm a bad cat dad because Bassie is a is a soul cat at my place, I.
Speaker 1: Cat playing soul music. So cat.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Raffia is still around. He's still full of beans and yes, still as cute as several buttons.
Speaker 1: Mike says, adopted more greyhounds. We have ours and have done lots of fostering to help rehabilitate them. They're great dogs, really lazy and greatful apartments. Go get your own, Sanders Santos, al Helper.
Speaker 3: That's it, well done, My good for you.
Speaker 1: Keith Nedam, how do you rate this episode with Draassic part from Futurama so Jurassic Bark, Sorry, oh, we're talking about the one with Seymour the dog, which has arguably the most depressing ending in the history of tal Yeah, Jurassic Bark is emotional terrorists, which they retconned. But at the time remember watching this going I was angry. I remember watching going I can't believe, Yes, you did this. I can't believe it, but I was impressed they had the balls to do it. But in saying that, I went, I can't fucking believe you had me sitting for twenty two minutes and then you pulled that rug out and the dog was just missed him for his entire life and then just died. I was like, what, what? Sometimes you need those endings, though, it takes serious balls to do those endings. But man, I was not happy when I first watched it.
Speaker 3: This may seem unrelated, but back in nineteen ninety five, I went to the cinema and I saw a movie called seven. You're Aware of Seven?
Speaker 1: I am aware of seven? Yes, think you don't see the head this is, but I'm watching it. I'm watching.
Speaker 3: I'm watching a police procedural with a pretty nifty twist. Seven deadly sins.
Speaker 1: Someone's killing according to the seven daily get him in the end. I'll get him in the end.
Speaker 3: And justice will be served.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Incredibly talk about a rug pull ending incredibly bleak, but also it's like, oh shit, fuck that's in jaens.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense, but still, oh, I feel like my soul is dead.
Speaker 3: Jurassic Bark to a lesser degree sort of does that. It's like you need an ending that sticks with you like that. I mean, I think if you watch Jurassic Bark Bark and it was like, oh, you know, the dog got another owner or everything worked out happily, you'd be kind of, oh, that's nice still talking about Jurassic Bark to this day.
Speaker 1: Because of that, and because it's so truthful, And that's what I'm like with Marge be not proud. The kids love watch an episode of Sinces where but shop lifts and at the end he gets the photo for March and every time I watch it, I just almost tear up. It's like they do it for her ending. Watch it going, I can't have a tear up watching this. And Jussic Bark could have been that instead, it's the one that you just you never talk about, you can now because you know it ends up Okay, watching it now, I'm like, oh, that's incredibly sad, but I know that Fry ends up finding it brings about the life blah blah blah bahah loves a good life. Pat Wright. Has have there been any discussions about you guys getting another dog, or we discussed the wind that we're going a cat now. I don't think we're gonna be getting a dog for at least couple of years. I just I'm enjoying not having I'm enjoying having the freedom I've been able to go out see where a cat. You can leave a cat at home, and it's just like they're just gonna be inside. A dog. A dog you've just got to always make sure it's going to be okay. You can't leave it outside here because it's going to choose shit. And just I don't want the I love dogs, but I'm just not emotionally ready to have another dog yet. From Angela stock Stockovich. Do you remember this episode being edited for TV? She watched it recently and never remembered seeing the Santas little helper face as Bart choked used to choke chain Or I've always seen that. I've always remembered that, and it always stuck with me. Yeah, going oh shit, Well maybe that's like the head in the box from seven. Yeah, yeah, I don't distraught by her brain just eliminated from her mind. Well that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, the brain's a tricky organ and you can do things like that. I've heard a lot of talk about Oh yeah, it hasn't been ed, hasn't been edited to the best of mine.
Speaker 1: Well, I I remember the dog's the dog's faces. Yeah, so not good chat McFadden. My dog passed nearly three years ago. Now, whenever I watch an episode with Sander's little helper, I think of her. Came home one night at three and drunk off my ass with a bag of chips, laid down in a big bean bag with her and we shared the bag one for me, one for U. Style never gets easy. But memories like that, remember so fondly. Yeah, that's true. That's nice, Joe. Yes, thanks for the for the story.
Speaker 3: That's a good memory to have.
Speaker 1: But yes, that is our questions here from bass Dog gets an f And as I mentioned, we all also did Lady Bouvier's Lover recently. We got some questions from that one as well, starting with rach Beasley. So she got the quote here you know you buy me of a poem I can't remember and a song that may never have existed in a place I'm not sure I've ever been to. One of her favorite quotes from The Simpsons, ever, what is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said to both of you. You'll do yeah, if you have to, if im just be quick.
Speaker 3: You're done yet. No, not, we're getting started. Anytime anyone tells me that they love me is very nice. And yeah somewhere related, No, not related at all. There was a French actor named Alane DeLong Big in the sixty seventies eighties, probably the most beautiful man to we've ever lived, incredibly handsome. When he died, I put a picture from a movie that he was in up on Facebook. Is like lazing on a on an outside lands by a pool, smoking a cigarette. One of my best friends JP said in the comments, He goes, oh, this reminds me of you when we were kids at at your old house. I've known JP for pretty.
Speaker 1: Much all my life.
Speaker 3: I said, John, that is probably the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me.
Speaker 1: Come to strattun distract.
Speaker 3: I'm being a bit PROCEIOU. That was a very nice thing for JP to say. But anyone that you have given your heart to says that they love you as well, that's always pretty nice, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well. I think, as anyone who's creative, you live in self doubt. Right, So I think every time Nichola gets me out of a hole by saying no, no, no, you were made to do this. Don't stop doing podcasts. You do know I'll work you make this happen because I know you can do it. Like it's the belief that Nichola hasn't me. I think that's probably the sweetest thing. It's not this is what she says. It's what she's doing. It's keeping up myself belief that I can.
Speaker 3: Do this, believing in you when you don't believe in yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew JP, Aside from this episode, letdy b VI's level, what's your favorite Grandpa storyline? He likes bart Hood from season twenty seven, as it showed a genuine bond between Grandpa and Bart. I think many people immediately go to the Flying Hellfish.
Speaker 3: Right I imagine they do. Yes, Yeah, because well, it presents apes and and as sort of young, viral capable, all that kind of stuff, but the polar opposite of everything that he's depicted as in the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was the first time we got that as well, and but seeing him through those eyes for the first time. Plus you also get to do your German accent at the end. That's right, fun boys, fun boy grand bus stories. So Grandpa versus versus sexual inadequies adequacy?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Another fun one? That is good?
Speaker 3: I enjoyed that very much.
Speaker 1: Yea, I know the one you're gonna go with.
Speaker 3: What do you think I'm going with?
Speaker 1: Old money? Of course I'm going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, dignities on me makes me cry every time. That's just that's a perfect way to close out an episode. Yeah, I love it. And that whole story was.
Speaker 1: She passes and he's heartbreaking the money and he uses it for good. Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, no, It's just a wonderful, wonderful episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the kind of episodes you're watching to go. How can you not think this is the great shove all time? Sure, when you get endings like that, you know, Yeah, Rachel McLean, do you think they could have kept Grandpa and Missus Bouvier together going forward? We covered that in the review and the answer is a big no. The answer is no.
Speaker 3: It works for that EPP specifically, that storyline, specifically, that dynamic specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too kidnapart because then margin Homer are technically step brother's word and yeah, despite the current trend in modern adult material, No, let's not have the step siblings going at it. Here's your test. What's from David Mott? What's your partner's favorite song? I thought about this.
Speaker 3: There are too many in account in all honesty, because Lou has got fantastic taste in music and very eclectic taste in.
Speaker 1: What song do you think of when you think of her? What's the song? What's her song?
Speaker 3: Well, the one that I was thinking of whether this is one of lose favors or not, but it's one that sort of reminds me of us. She played a demand thought that I would like this. So it's a song called the Waves by a band called Villagers. It's kind of Celtic, sort of sad, but it's very sort of slow and emotional. That's one that's sort of I don't know if it's one of lose favors, because I mean, Lou likes you know, we sort of bonded over Steely Dan when we first met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if she's into rolling.
Speaker 3: I think when we walk down the idyill be to let the bodies hit the floor, actually see a lot of eighties stuff. I think they're a Canadian band called Spoon that she likes a lot. I mean, yeah, it would be really hard to sort of pick one particular song, I think because it's it's like asking me, what's your favorite movie? It changes, you know, depending on your mood and depending on where you're aut in your stage of life.
Speaker 1: Depends which Nicola you're talking about, because she's got two favorite songs. One is Superstition or Superstitious Superstition Superstition by Sigy. The other one is take Your Shirt Off by Tea Paints.
Speaker 3: The Extremes.
Speaker 1: Mike Salter, do you find it a shame that it never really fleshed out Marge's parents as characters in the Golden Era? I think we needed to hear more about her father. I think so.
Speaker 3: It does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: Her behavior towards Homer and her need to please and that kind of thing. Does it stem from some sort of daddy issues? We have the Fear of Flying episode where she sees that he's a air hostess and she gets traumatized by that's why she's afraid of flying. But that's pretty much all we get really of her dad.
Speaker 3: The thing of it is you've got the characters as themselves, but you've also got what they represent in a bigger story sense, and how we can sort of, Okay, we want to do something about children being embarrassed by their parents, or neglecting their parents, or aging out of you know, what society deems relevant, all that kind of stuff. That's why you've got Grandpa. And but also you've got Grandpa's life within that as well. I mean, his whole history, his old backstory's old relationship with the family as well. But it's generally about, oh, we want to say something about this, what's the best vehicle to do that? It's usually Grandpa. I mean, did have Oh I used to know what it was and then now I don't know what it is at all. It'll happen to you. It makes sense for Grandpa to say that. Yeah, so maybe it would feel like kind of doubling up or having or if you had Marge's parents become more central. You've got a figure out not just who they are in relation to the Simpsons family in the Springfield community, but also yeah, what they represent the story sense, or how you can use them in the story sense.
Speaker 1: I think I think it would be nice. They may have already done this in a later season episode, but having Marge, because we never really find out how or why he died. I don't believe, not off the top of my head anyway. It's just always just assumed he's dead, right. I think it'd be nice to see Marjor with the bead dream secrets or something, some closure of her farewelling her father and him telling her he loves her, that kind of thing. We never really got that, that moment with Marge and her dad, and I think that would be really a really emotional story to tap into.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, his name's Clancy Clancy Bivier Clancy Well here and everything that's Clancy Wickham. Okay, so this one here is from Eric Luttringer. What's your favorite flavor of jam slash jelly?
Speaker 3: What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Jam? Jelly? Called jam jelly in America? But we've got a jam. It's a strawberry jams. I don't like raspberry. I'm just not aby fan, but strawberry. I love strawberry jelly. It could be read jelly. I know jelly is jam. I'm saying you're expanded the category. Okay, Alan Jelly.
Speaker 3: Yea, look, I haven't had Jelly for a while. I think I probably liked Orange when when I was having it. Yeah, when it comes to Jam, because we're Danel and I, I'm a big.
Speaker 1: Fan of Raspberry.
Speaker 3: Also like NBA Jam, I don't know. Oh, it's like, what's that happening? Oh, I get speech, jem he's actually wearing his Monstars tea.
Speaker 1: No, NBA Jam is one of the most iconic sports video games of all time. Okay, yeah, I'm aware. Ill though you're referencing Space Jam. Well there's that too, But I'm wearing your Monstar T shirt. You're still my bit. But do you want to just do that? All I don't know, but think about Jelly is so Alliott was super hyped for Jelly, right, he loves He's like, I think the idea of Jelly is like, oh my god, it's going to be great. And then he ate and he went, it's okay, it's not really much to it.
Speaker 3: I know it's a it can be a flavor thing, but mostly a texture thing. And yeah, it's kind of a one trick pony in that regard.
Speaker 1: It's just he's eaten it. I can tell you just got so disappointed.
Speaker 3: That would have been actually very funny to watch. But I like Raspberry currently though, I am making my.
Speaker 1: Way through a jar of wild cherry, okay, and that's pretty nice, pretty nice indeed. Alrighty, Chris Clark says, Hello, Dando and Guy. Hi. Have you ever have you, guys ever thought about a two episode series where you guys interview one another about your life and career prior to four figure Discount. I know that some of the topics like work and motivations have already been discussed, but I'd love to hear a two part about the life and times of Dandev and Guy you've I'm pretty sure we discussed your career in the first episode, but I do feel like we talk a lot about our lives. But we can we can double do it to get at some point. Yeah, sure, yeah, why not, Chris? Why not? Indeed? I think I just do it for mailbag questions for this fart this week, so this month's community podcast that was a big as mailbag, big as mail bag. Yeah, but please continue to send them through Mailbag at four figure Discount dot com dot au. If you have sent one through, we haven't read out on this week show. Don't worry, We'll be getting through. We're getting through them all. Just running out of time here. We've got to go help my mother with my grandmother who has they've broken a hip, and after the kids. Today's usually we record on a Wednesday here at four figure Discount and normally my parents watch the kids. They go to my parents on a Tuesday night, spend the day, then they bring them back in the afternoon. But I've got to watch the kids. So lots of things happening, but you know, making the best of the situation.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go take a nap.
Speaker 1: Why not, I wish? But yeah, thank you again guys for all of your support. He add four finger Discount. We want everyone to get involved with the show. I haven't played any of the voicemails on this week's on this month's podcast. I want to collect a few more and play them all next week's our next month's podcast community show, So send them through. Go to the four Figure Discount dot com. Today you go to our website and go to the Corey Hotline. Click on the link there and you can just record a audio message, a voice message, and we'll send it through to us and we'll play that on next month's our community podcast here on four figure discount. Also, don't forget to check out our other show, Going Down to South Park as well as One About Friends, will be returning this month. We'll be explaining all why there's been a delay of One About Friends, a lot of personal things going on. It all gets explained in the first episode to put the return, so look out for that at the beginning of May. The One about Friends shall we be returning, coming to you each and every week. And yeah, we've launched the bobs Burgers podcast exclusively on our patreons. If you want to hear Going Down to talk about bobs Burgers, you can find that. We also talk about future iam'er on there and Signfeld and King of the Hill and so much more. Not so forget check out the Movie Guide with Marltin and Davis Correct. We just recorded an episode this very day. Yeah, Hot Tup Time Machine. It was a lot of fun because we picked the film that Guy loves and Leonard hadn't seen before, and Leonard did not like it, and just watching Guy try to sell this movie to the legend that is Leonard multi.
Speaker 3: I think I succeeded I think I made a pretty good case for Hot Top Time Machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Leonard. It's just it was fun hearing Leonard be just even being negative about something. Up until this point, it's all been positivity. You know, we love this film, should check it out. Blah blah blah, and he just went, no, this was Loyd that you caught. I'm not sitting on the fence. I was impaled by it.
Speaker 3: But an interesting discussion as well, not just about the movie itself, but also you know, about the shifting tones of comedy over the years, what works, what does, and what audiences will respond to, what they.
Speaker 1: Shun, all that kind of stuff. It was a good chat with our pal Leonard Mung. Yeah, so you can finally look at that in description of this show, as well as all our other shows we do here. But next week we're going to be returning to another season twenty review. Then we can do another classic review later in the month, which the patrons can vote on to decide which episode we do, and then we'll give returning again with another community podcast next month. So the final podcast of each month will now be the community podcast, answering your questions and talking about Simpsons related news. And what not. Wow, alrighty, but for now, mister Davis, any findal words for those incredible listeners out there, Just stay tuned for more what not