Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It was the fair's goat.
Speaker 3: Well, she gave us to the fair and then turned around and wanted it back because she felt it was a pet, because she fell in love with it.
Speaker 2: So the fair said no to a nine year old girl said I want my goat back. No, no goat for you.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. It is a Thursday morning, November seventh. And yes, we're caught up in big fires and big Santa Anna wins, and we'll cover that this morning.
Speaker 2: Also a couple events that.
Speaker 3: Neil and I are going to be attending, well, Neil will be attending and with me this Saturday, and i'll tell you about that in a minute, and then the following Saturday, i'll tell you about what's going on. So first, hello to everybody. Neil, Good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf. Yes, Cono, good morning, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Billy Wolf. Wow right up there.
Speaker 3: You actually no one calls me Willie Wolf except for my partner and best one of my best friends, Saville and Neil. Now people have tried various other names. I don't go by Billy. I certainly don't go by Billy Bob. I don't go by Willie, although usually it's in reference to my Yeah. Uh, and that's a that's wee Willie. But that is some kind of a fairy tale.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what about Ushi mcdouchebag.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm very on that, and I'm legally a William, but I have not talked. I have not been a William for many, many, many many years.
Speaker 2: Okay, and good morning.
Speaker 4: I like Wolf.
Speaker 3: Just I should have kept you really should have like wolf Blitzer.
Speaker 2: I should have clipped wolf.
Speaker 3: But you know, when you're a kid, Yeah, I was eleven years old naturalized as an American citizen and they asked you what name?
Speaker 2: And you know I was. I was in school.
Speaker 3: I chose my name by the way I was in school, and uh, it was it was just too tough being a wolf in school.
Speaker 2: Kids would just make too much fun of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I wish I had gone through that and kept Wolf because I just think it's a neat name.
Speaker 2: Wolf Blitzer, wolf Blitzer, I mean, is that great or not?
Speaker 3: By the way, it's a European name. Uh, and it's a very common name. It's like John and it's pronounced both.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't mean wolf. It's a name wolf.
Speaker 3: Handle sounds like you're throwing up, Yes it does. You could go ahead, Amy, I.
Speaker 4: Just had a thought. You could have dressed up like a sheep for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, it would have been a bullet. That's true. I could have and Neil could have been.
Speaker 3: Neil could have dressed up as a sheep farmer and gotten and walked behind me very.
Speaker 2: Closely and to his flight the morning.
Speaker 5: Why mind, because it would have been a good look, a two part costume.
Speaker 3: You know, by the way, when I was heavy, I do commercials for West med and uh, you know years ago. Never mind, I was going to tell you a story about when I went horseback riding and they wouldn't let me on a horse because I was too fat. You talk about embarrassing moments. I talk about during the commercial. I was at the Question and Center down the street in Burbank and they they said, you're just You're too big for any of our horses. And I was pretty upset. So I insisted on a step ladder and a horse in heat, and at that point it got to be very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yep. No, all right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, enough enough of enough of depravity in the morning, So before we start handle on the news very quick, when Neil and I this Saturday are going to be at the Wild Fork and Lagoon and Miguel and tell you a little more about that.
Speaker 2: And then the following.
Speaker 3: Saturday, I'm in fighting you to join me for the fall concert of the La Lawyers phil Harmonic, And a couple of times a year they do this, and I'm going to be just a guest.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing it, but it's really neat.
Speaker 3: This is the Lawyer's phil and the tickets are relatively inexpensive, like twenty bucks to ninety dollars, most of attack deductible, and the music they pay it play is terrific Carmen, the Torriodor Song, Bernstein Selections for Westy Story, Moon River, Beauty and the Beast.
Speaker 2: I mean, they play all over the place.
Speaker 3: And if you'd like to join me, and it's really worthwhile seeing a bunch of lawyers who.
Speaker 2: Are not suing you.
Speaker 3: And they'll give you marginal legal advice through the trombone, then just go to their website LA Lawyers fill as in Philharmonic, LA Lawyersphil dot Org and I'd love to see you there and it's always great fun and come up and say hello and we'll yell together.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story done burn self well. Southern California is on fire once again. This is the Mountain Fire. It has exploded.
Speaker 2: You know, when you.
Speaker 3: Get eighty one hundred mile per hour gusts of wind, it's pretty hard to control those fires, especially when you see the flames going sideways and exploding in volume and speed. I mean, this is not good news. So Amy the latest on this, if you will.
Speaker 6: For this fire, it's just over fourteen thousand acres. There is no containment. It's burned down at least fifty homes in more Park and came Rio and they've got hundreds of firefighters out there trying to get a handle on it.
Speaker 4: And we've got more high winds expected today.
Speaker 3: So English muffin from Costco. You know, you can get four English muffin packs for like nine dollars four pack, and a single English muffin pack at the store is five or six bucks.
Speaker 4: If you got the fifty homes fifty.
Speaker 2: Homes that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's pretty bad, and there's going to be more probably by the way, my munching on the muff and I do not please don't think that I connected it with the fifty homes.
Speaker 2: I know people who have lost their homes and it is brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean even rebuilding homes. Friends in Malibu who lost their house and they went ahead and rebuilt it, you know, rebuilt house twice. Is Anthony and Lauren at their homes? Yeah, yep, yep, they from Zelman's. Yeah, there's a flooding. They no, it was flooding both times. But just seeing what they went through rebuilding houses, it's not just oh my god, I lost my house. It's the aftermath for a couple of years and dealing with insurance company.
Speaker 2: It is genuinely horrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, So just because I'm biding into my English muffin, please don't think I'm minimizing it.
Speaker 2: No, it was crap timing. Ill are to you. Okay, how about now.
Speaker 4: Sure Kamala has given her concession.
Speaker 6: Vice President Harris addressed the nation from Howard University yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 4: Of course, Howard University is her alma mater.
Speaker 6: She publicly conceded defeat in the presidential election, also urged her supporters to accept the results. She said, though, that we owe no loyalty to a president or a party, but to the Constitution of the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did something interesting while being exceedingly great gracious, she ripped into Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was dig after dig that she did it in a very gracious, gracious way way.
Speaker 3: And the question also is, well, Joe Biden invited Donald Trump to the White House as this traditional and probably we'll be accompanying him to the inauguration, which is also traditional, in the same car and will be at the inauguration.
Speaker 4: Said he was going to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unlike what Donald Trump did when Joe Biden was elected. And Donald Trump said, you know, this is my should be my inauguration, and he broke tradition by doing that. Going back in history, here's a little history. Herbert Hoover, who had lost to FDR. They despised each other, would not talk to each other, would not look at each other. They still went together to the inauguration. They sat together in the back of a car and each one looked out the window, but they looked out the window on their side but still it's tradition that was broken, and now the tradition looks like it's going to be reinstated.
Speaker 5: All right, The Federal Reserve expected today to cut interest rates yet again, so it would be the second time this year. If you remember, they did a pretty big surprise cutback in September. They're expected to shave borrowing costs by a quarter percentage point, half the size of what they did in September. But this will bring the average down the range into four point five four point seventy five rather than four point seventy five to five percent level where it is now. And of course this is the lending range or the borrowing range, that's the bank bottom lane.
Speaker 2: That's the benchmark range rate.
Speaker 3: That the charges the banks when they banks borrow money. Now, of course we're at what seven point thirty I'm going to explain a little bit what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, Donald Trump ran.
Speaker 3: Really and with the way this is simplistic because all presidential candidates say this, So it's not just Trump, it's you caused inflation. I'm going to fix it. Boy, is that simplistic? It is a hell.
Speaker 2: Of a lot more complicated than that.
Speaker 3: And presidents have relatively little power. They can't determine interest rates, now tariffs. Yes, I'll explain that a little bit later. How much power Trump and or Biden and or any president actually has to do with inflation and interest rates?
Speaker 2: So I'll do that.
Speaker 3: At seven seven thirty.
Speaker 6: Ernie Sanders speaking out. He's issued a what's been called a scathing statement on the Democratic Party's disastrous campaign. That's from his words after Vice President Harris lost to President Elect Trump. The Independent caucuses with the Democrats, but he said it should come as no great surprise that a Democratic Party which has abandoned working class people would find that the working class has abandoned them.
Speaker 2: Well, so here is the choice.
Speaker 3: Do we as a country, or, let's say, the Democratic Party move to the right to try to grab some of what was lost by even Democrats to Trump, Or does it move to the left and separate itself out like it did in George McGovern days when McGovern ran against Richard Nixon and lost every single state except one in the electoral college.
Speaker 2: Which way do we go?
Speaker 3: Well, you got Bernie Sanders on the left, you certainly have AOC and other members of the squad are saying we have to move left.
Speaker 2: We have to move left. And I don't know when they meet.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've ever seen videos or photos when they meet that part of the caucus meets, there's a red flag in the room and they sing the Internacional before every single meeting.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm not exaggerating a whole lot on that one either.
Speaker 5: No, unfortunately you're not. Both parties need to find more towards the center.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: No, the Republicans don't have to be more towards the center. They look at what just happened, sweeping, sweeping election. I mean, it was a it wasn't a landslide, which will be described.
Speaker 2: At but it was a solid, solid win.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and seventy seven last count electoral votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to seventy two or whatever, to seventy six.
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't matter now, Okay, I mean that's just the PA on which but then that gives that gives you an idea of the of the battleground states and how those played out. And that's all politics. You've heard me talk about how I hate the electoral caledge. To me, it's the it's the popular vote, which is the way we should elect every single official who gets the majority of the vote.
Speaker 2: And Trump he did it with this.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's a plurality because you know we've got two three people running, So.
Speaker 2: In any case, solid win. Oh.
Speaker 5: Steve Bannon Neil Steve Bannon recently released, said that he was empowered after his release, and boy, we may see the true meaning of those words. Hours after Donald Trump's victory, the former Trump campaign official and if you remember, self described political prisoner, he went on a massive and pissed off rant. He said, you stole the twenty twenty election. The entire phony thing is getting swept out. Went on to say Biden's getting swept out, Kamala Harris is getting swept out, MSNBC is getting swept out, the Justice Department is getting swept out, the I is getting swept up, swept out.
Speaker 2: You people suck.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now you're going to pay the price for trying to destroy this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should have thought that Biden's getting swept out and Harris is getting swept out. I think when he went into the MSNBC, the Justice Department, the FBI, I don't think you're going to see them swept out.
Speaker 2: There may be some big changes at the FBI and the Justice.
Speaker 3: Department, because there were you're going to see some You're going to see the independence of the Justice Department basically disappear.
Speaker 2: That you remember with.
Speaker 5: Hillary Clinton the FBI like a week Yeah, two weeks before the election. Yeah, that was And so what's the FBI is doing their job one way or the other?
Speaker 2: Oh that was?
Speaker 3: That was Ay, they should not have that was contrary to policy eleven days before the election.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is, how can how how could the right say that the FBI is a problem when the right did win. The FBI did stuff that could have been.
Speaker 3: Oh, because the FBI didn't investigate enough of the democratic shenanigans like the Steel dossier and didn't go after, for example, Biden and Hunter Biden enough because of the connection with Ukraine, and wouldn't investigate Hunter Biden. I mean, there's a bunch of issues, but you're going to see a non independent Justice Department and FBI that Trump has the ability to control because it's part of the executive branch.
Speaker 2: That you're going to see. Good times, good times.
Speaker 6: Not like we weren't warned or anything, but new data has confirmed twenty twenty four will be the hottest year on record and the first calendar year to exceed the Paris Agreements threshold. Most of the world's countries pledged to strive to keep global warming under one point five degrees celsius in the Paris Paris Agreement. Scientists said that would prevent cascading and worsening impacts like droughts, heat waves, and catastrophic sea level rise.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing we're going to see from this administration.
Speaker 2: Climate change. What climate change?
Speaker 3: That's fake news, and that is going to change everything. In terms of moving to alternative energy, money being granted companies states to move towards alternative energy. I think we're going to see the philosophy of which Donald Trump already articulated. Drill, baby drill. I mean, there's going to be some big changes there really are. We have to accept that, but we have to analyze where and how and how big And we don't know yet how big.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 3: Is Donald Trump really going to put our FK junior in terms of all of our health system.
Speaker 2: What Homeland Security, I mean, Department of.
Speaker 3: Health and Human Services, theh the FDA is he.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking he's gonna listen to somebody and we're talking about Trump on this one. But then again, the biggest thing he got is loyalty. If you are loyal, you are at the top of the heap, and if you are not, you're gone. So that is really involved in any decision he makes.
Speaker 5: All right, with the reelection of Donald Trump, Ukraine may be in trouble. They may have to adjust to a dramatic reduction in US support. I think we all know what that means. Super decisive impact on the war with Russia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is I'll tell you sweating bullets.
Speaker 2: Zelenski who did call.
Speaker 3: President elect Trump and say, hey, I can't wait to be partners with you, cannot wait to have us have our good relation. He was quaking, his knees were quaking during that phone call.
Speaker 5: It's impossible for them to continue on without ours.
Speaker 3: Oh impossible. And President lect Trump has already talked about a negotiated peace between Ukraine and Russia, which means land Land is going to be given up.
Speaker 2: And remember day one, the phone call is made and war is ceases to exist.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for day one. And by the way, he is going to do stuff day one. He's not blowing smoke here. There are going to be some executive actions day one, and we'll see how far they go. It'll probably be immigration, it'll be crime, certainly, the border.
Speaker 2: Huge announcement there.
Speaker 6: Well, the UN tells Israel you're on your own. The United Nations says that replacing its Palestinian relief agency called UNRA in Gaza and the West Bank is not its responsibility and says this is your problem, Israel. Israel, of course, decided to cut ties with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency known as UNRA, it said, because it has been infiltrated by Hamas and Hamas sympathizers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now there are two parts of this one, because you've got INRA or UNRA working in Gaza. And I don't think the Israeli government gives a rats about how many people starve in Gaza. It may even be an act of war. I have no idea, But the West Bank is a territory of Israel, and Israel is responsible as an Israeli territory and says the relief in.
Speaker 2: The West Bank NRA can no longer be there. Well, that means starvation. Israel is quickly.
Speaker 3: Going to be a pariah nation, if not already in terms of what it is doing, particularly in Gaza Lebanon, it may be there too.
Speaker 2: I tell you, Israel has reared its head.
Speaker 3: And I don't think Palestinians, I don't think the Lebanese.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: The proxies of Iran understood. They certainly underestimated Israel's ire and how far they would go, and their power too. You know though they don't have air force there. You know, they don't have air forces, they don't have tanks. They have missiles is what they have going up against one of the world's most well trained, well equipped armies and air force and navies.
Speaker 2: You know, Israel has submarines out in the Mediterranean as you know that. Yeah, they have aircraft carriers.
Speaker 3: I mean they're small boats and they're model kits of aircraft carriers that they make on the boats.
Speaker 2: So they don't have any big ones. All right, what does the Fox say? The Fox News says.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're number one choice for TV viewers on election night, second straight time, the conservative network led rivals in viewership for the presidential results. As a matter of fact, a couple interesting things happened. The night was a milestone for MSNBC as well, which topped CNN on the presidential election night.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that give you an idea of how polarized we are. MSNBC right, which is so insanely left wing, Fox which is so right wing, and that's where people went, It's wonder what Fox gonna do now that we have a president elect who is a conservative, Republican, reasonably conservative, and they can't talk more about Nancy Pelosi very much. So it's it's gonna be fascinating. We're gonna go back and just do the normal. Maybe we're going to maybe we're going to move towards the center in terms of covering issues.
Speaker 2: In terms of the media, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did you guys watch the election coverage?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Part of it. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: Watching kind of everything. I think CNN did the best job.
Speaker 3: I like CNN a lot because they're as clearly they lean left, not as right.
Speaker 2: As they were leaning.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the analysis and Fox.
Speaker 2: Was putting politics in the analysis.
Speaker 3: CNN and to your point, you're right, John King, who I think is the best analyst.
Speaker 2: It was pure analysis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a nice change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's what's going on. Here's the vote, here's the county. If this goes one way or the other. You got some real information, and you're absolutely right about You're absolutely right about that.
Speaker 6: So evs are apparently becoming a bit of a tough sell. Toyota is posting its first profit drop in two years, at least that's expected today when they do their earnings calls. It's signaling cooling demand for electric vehicles. Customers are shifting away from them and going more for the hybrids, which I would think that Toyota would do good because they have the Prius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the price is a pure evs are on their way down, although and gasoline, the gasoline cars I think are all going to be especially on the way up, especially now with the Trump administration that pushes for fossil fuels. You know how we have gas stations on every corner, We're going to have fossil fuel power.
Speaker 2: Plants on every corner. It's going to be a different philosophy.
Speaker 5: I understand is that every Tesla charging station now will have a gas station attached to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see I think you're going to see evs drop. I do, and because of the range anxiety that's still there and it drives me crazy. And that's why I do Walter's Wholesale Electric with setting up charging stations, because it is a real problem with range anxiety. I have it all the time.
Speaker 5: If we could power or harness the power of anxiety, oh yeah, into into power for a vehicle, it's a way I imagine.
Speaker 4: It's driving around La going.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yes, oh ye.
Speaker 5: Handle would just he wouldn't take le Michtel once and he could power his car.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So the Benendez brothers are they aren't they? What's going to happen? Well, you know, with the election, a lot of things are changing, and now you've got a good Written's District Attorney George Gascone is on his way out. This throws some uncertainty into the Eric and Lyleman Nendez story and whether they'll be resentenced. Nearly thirty years after their conviction.
Speaker 2: I still think they are, even though some hardcore.
Speaker 3: Especially members of the men in this family, although most a monthly two released because if there was a case the first case where there was a legitimate argument about the abuse, second time out. Nothing They've done thirty five years, and I think they're going to be released. I think even Hawkman is going to release him.
Speaker 2: That's my guess. I may be wrong, but I think that's going to happen.
Speaker 6: We got bugs and they're unwelcome, uninvited, and can do a lot of damage. Santa Anna and Garden Grove have been placed under quarantine because of the oriental fruit fly, which is an invasive pest that attacks over two hundred and thirty crops including fruits, nuts, and vegetables. The quarantine zone is in Orange County. It's eighty seven square miles, bordered on the north by Anaheim, on the south by the John Wayne Airport, on the west by Huntington Beach, and on the east by State Highway fifty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is no joke, and we've done a very good job of keeping fruit flies out. Once they infest, it's a real problem. And we can't get mangoes or papayas from Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Hawaii. Do you know that because fruitfly infestation? And we do we get pineapple.
Speaker 3: That's it, because fruitflies don't live in pineapple because of the because of the acid in pineapple.
Speaker 2: What if they like acid, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they live in acid. By the way, and you can look that up because I think I just made that up. But it sure sounds It sounds good, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: See there you.
Speaker 5: Go, yeah man, maybe Okay, Disneyland stop, please, God bless you guys. I love you, but stop with the alcohol already. So they're adding wine, beer and hard Seltzer to Docu Bay seven food and cargo. It's there in Star Wars Galaxies Edge. It's been my longtime opinion that the fireworks one of the best place to watch them is there in the Star Wars Galaxy Edge area. And now they they know that they have their nighttime gathering fireworks a dining package at eighty nine bucks per guest.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 5: But you can, you know, watch over the Falcon Overlook patio there and it's the very close fireworks.
Speaker 2: It's a cool spot, especially when you're drunk. But see, I don't know why they need to.
Speaker 5: I never go to Disneyland and go, gosh, this would be better if I was plastered.
Speaker 2: Ever LSD.
Speaker 3: That really makes the fireworks show spectacular.
Speaker 5: You're a weird You're a weird human.
Speaker 3: And we're also out of the news hour KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.