Speaker 1: The second Date update on.
Speaker 2: Rachel and Oka see Welcome to the second ad Update.
Speaker 3: Hey, l Hey, hey everyone, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta get you another date with Alex.
Speaker 1: And now, okay, this is weird because he was chasing you pretty hard, right, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: He had been asking me out for probably about six months or so, but I was seeing somebody, so I just kind of held off. But I always appreciated that he kept trying, but obviously, you know, I wasn't going to go out with him. Sure, So then when I became single again, I actually messaged him and said, hey, if you still want to take me out to dinner, I'm available. Time is now, right, Yes, he like jumped on it right away, and we actually went to dinner the.
Speaker 4: Very next night.
Speaker 3: Nice okay, right, like wasted no time, and I thought that, you know, our date was super fun. We had great talks, we laughed a lot, you know, good first date. And then it just got weird. You know, he wanted to go out and ask him a few times and.
Speaker 4: He either says he's busy or he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even respond at all. And I don't understand how you can spend six months trying to get to know someone and go out with someone and then you disappear once you finally get the chance.
Speaker 1: Sure, Okay, now I'm gonna say I don't know what he's gonna say, but I wonder if this is like a hype thing in your mind. He hyped you up so high, right.
Speaker 2: You couldn't possibly meet the expectation, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you would not meet his high expectations for Rachel. But we'll get him on the phone and find out what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, thanks, welcome in the second ate update, Alex.
Speaker 1: Alex, I just gotta tell you, Rachel's a little surprised that you don't seem to want to go out again because you asked her out for six months and now.
Speaker 2: Now you're her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm surprised too, because Rachel's beautiful. You know, she's funny. You know, I've literally been wanting to go out with her forever you got her.
Speaker 2: And now what?
Speaker 4: Okay, So she does this thing with food that I just cannot get past it. It's it's she smells everything before she eats or drinks literally like food, drinks, you name it. And it's not just one bite. You know, she'll she'll take a bite and then she just like five minutes later, she'll pick up the same food and smell it again before taking another bite. So I'm just there sitting across from her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Okay, he's doing it. Alex, you waited six months to go out with her, and the fact that she's smelling her food. Yeah, that is the reason you don't want to go out with her again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, of course, you guys have to put yourself in my shoes. It bugs me so much and it's really odd.
Speaker 2: So is that a deal, Rachel?
Speaker 1: Is he exaggerating or do you smell every bite every step?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do that, but I've always done that, and it's it's something I do because I like to know what I'm about to eat.
Speaker 4: Rachel. You you already know what you're gonna eat or what you're already eating, and you're the one that ordered it. It's just.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just the smell is a part of it, you know, Like, don't you ever smell your food?
Speaker 4: No, went on we went on a day. You can you can see that I don't, and if I do, not, every single bite you smelled. Okay, you smelled the pasta before the first bite, and then you smelled it before the fourth bite, and then again like you finished the entire thing smelling it.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I just like the way that it smells.
Speaker 1: I'm curious here, though, Rachel, Like, I'm just curious because obviously I'm not catching on to how annoying this must be.
Speaker 3: Like, no, get it, I just I've done this since I was a kid, and I think it's a part of how I experience my food. You smell something before you eat it, and you make sure it smells right, and then you eat it. And no one has ever told me that it's weird before.
Speaker 4: Well I'm telling you now, okay.
Speaker 3: Rachel, Okay, well thanks for letting me know something that I've been doing my entire life.
Speaker 1: Else I know people are saying the same thing listening right now.
Speaker 2: So seriously, you asked her out for six Yeah, you were so into her.
Speaker 1: Okay, and even you said she's interesting, she's nice and everything. But she sniffs her food before every bite, and you're like, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, want to explore it, get over it.
Speaker 4: Just watch you.
Speaker 2: Smell her food.
Speaker 4: To move on. Yeah, but okay, I would move on. I would move on. But we're gonna be eating together a lot, and I'm going to be sitting across from her. And I'm not even joking when I say she smells almost every bite. Everything that is on the plate, she's smelling. It's a possumate bread.
Speaker 3: It is not everything. It is not everything. It won't be. It's not everything.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to be.
Speaker 1: On any chance, any chance that we're getting a second date here.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna change the way I eat food.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, and I don't want you to. I don't want you to. I want you to smell it as much as you want. I just.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I'll be fine, Alex, Alex, We're gonna let you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, Okay, See now, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna say anything about Alex. He seems like a good guy. But listening to the whole conversation, you're the one that's like smelling the food, which seems a little odd. But I think he's the one who seems o CD.
Speaker 2: But I know he's don't hung up on it.
Speaker 3: I've just always smelled my food before I eat it, and I didn't realize that. Apparently it was a deal breaker. So I'm not gonna apologize for something that I've done my entire life, and it's just he's the only person that actually really cares about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, now I gotta think about it.
Speaker 1: I wonder maybe I just don't notice other people doing it, but it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Listen, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Sorry we didn't get you another date here, but keep smelling that food.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on the second date update.
Speaker 3: And thanks a lot guys.
Speaker 4: Bye.